Orlias Knight: Rise of Atom!!

An interactive forum that focuses on DC and Marvel like superheroes...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus, WoH Coordinators

Queen of the Damned

Orlias Knight: Rise of Atom!!

Post by PrincessTabetha/BlackHunt »

Evil never truly dies; it just hides or changes from. That is why we cannot fail and must be eternally vigilant. When we least expect it evil will always returns to take down all that is good.
-Hawkman

Five years ago, near Roswell New Mexico.

The sounds blasting and explosions echoed around them as the very ground shook beneath the 155th out of Santa Fe ducked behind their Humvees. “Sir what are you orders?” a man dressed in black tactical military gear asked as he ran up behind an older man with slick black hair ducked behind the car. “The commander looked to his Lt. and then back over seeing what looked like a man made fully out of water going after another man made of complete metal. It was the dammedest thing he had ever seen. The two men peered over the vehicle watching the water man’s form starting to turn into something that looked like metal with the metal man inside of his watery form fighting for its very life.

Before the two men a crushed burning car exploded, two screams of anguish could heard through the air as the metal man began to glow, seconds later there was a flash of light. Then puddle of water covered the ground as both men were gone. The soldiers moved up guns at the ready. Colonel Oran Sanders stood up in disbelief “What are you orders sir?”

Five years later

Gotham Airport

James Howard strapped himself in the seat making sure it was snug and tight and noting all exits. Just in case there was a problem. That was after checking the emergency parachutes, first aid kits and air mask. One never knows when one might have to dive out of a plane for some reason or other. He then had inspected the seat belts and chairs. His sister Cassy Howard made fun of him saying in a sing song voice “There James goes Monking out again. The next thing you will know he will be touching the post as he walks and wearing surgical gloves ever where he went.” Howard knew better than even acknowledge her teasing. But she did not have the past experience of six past lives each one being cut short before their time. His mentor’s curse was something that he did not wish to continue. Finally with all his worry allayed he leaned his head up against the chair head rest and closed his eyes.

Today he was leaving the pain of his life here in Gotham, the death of his parents and all the ugliness that ensued before and after that, and loss of so many dreams. But Gotham was not the home he knew anymore, now it was a plague of criminals and pain. And far enough away from a certain beautiful federal agent who blamed him for a death of a friend of hers. . . Little did she know Ray was his friend too, but he had gotten there too late to save him. No now a new city new job, new place, new start for him and his bratty sister. As of yesterday, he was Dr. James Howard Head of the Archeology Department and curator of the Prince Khufu exhibit. The person who got him his new job also provided an apartment a new parole officer for his sister Cassandra and the ideal that maybe this new city will be the new start he so longed for, for peace. How had his life changed, three years ago he was a promising you professor at Gotham University with parents and a much younger sister that were somewhat happy and healthy everything was going well, but life threw them a curve ball. His father died after loosing a corporate takeover battle with his father died of an aneurysm and less than two months later his mother took her own life. This left him to raise his teenage sister all alone, something at first that did not work out well.

Cass was busted for being in a stolen car, though she denied it most everyone thought her boyfriend now ex was the one who stole the car, but Cass got the wrap and a parole officer. A parole officer who she has to meet with once a week and it was the same parole officer who suggested James take Cass on his dig in Egypt for spring break. ”Ouch!” he yelled as something hard hit his knee. This sent his eyes open as his jumped then was pushed back by the seat belt.

Cass looked at her brother as she put a bag that looked like a long rod up above in overhead storage. “Neat ride. Forget first class private jet is the way to go. No lines, no TSA, no crabby passengers to complain about anything and all the soda I can drink. Plus there is the ditching of a certain lady FBI Agent who wants to put us away for life. You know big brother I think this move is just what we need. Fresh start, a city full of bad guys to.”

James leaned forward putting his hand to his mouth to shush her. “What-I’m just saying!!! And why are you so jumpy. It’s a plane for god sakes, not a bomb. And you should at ease flying your Hawkman you fly around all the time. A plane should be no big deal to a guy like you!”

He put his hand to his mouth once more then in a low voice but angry tone whispered “Because as Hawkman I can control the flight if there is a problem I can fix and I have an idea on what I’m dealing with. Here all we know is Sharon and David need our help protecting the girl. Then some new “friend” of theirs shows up giving me a job and apartment in a city I don’t know. Call me crazy but my gut does not like the sound of this.”

Cassy looked at her brother, “Then why do it?”

“Simple it’s the right thing. Hero or not a friend asked for help, and I can give it. Case closed. Plus you get a new start too. Your new parole officer is a friend of his Collins guy other than that you have a clean slate, no ghost to tie you down no past to hold you back. “

“And no FBI lady who your crushing on to hunting us.”

James nodded his head yes in a firm manner “Exactly! Now put your earbuds turn on your Ipod and let me try to relax, ok?” as his annoyed voice trailed off Cass stuck her tongue out at him then put her earbuds on and began to jamming to whatever god awful music kids listened to today. Please don’t let it be Justin Beiber!!!

This was Hawkman and Stargirl.

New Orlias
Inner City
The Weigh Station

Chris Collins, Jo Le May, David Dither and Sharon Dithers all sat on bar stools all but the last drinking clear hard liquor and sitting in quiet repose. “Damn it you three it is 8 a.m the bars not open yet. You especially you Dr. Dithers should be drinking at this time of day. What about your patients?”

The tall dark hair girl whose eye matched the midget male behind the bars own eyes shook her head, “Sorry dad rough night last night. We were tracking a lead when some guy jumped Cody. Fell from two stories up and broke her arm. Three pins in her left arm, shell be out of the game for a few months. Not mention hurt her designing more gowns for people. It will hurt her if she can’t draw.”

Trick shook his head; his daughter 30 years old never missed a chance to make a smart remark when he spoke “I am truly sorry to hear that. Dakota is a very nice girl. I’m sure she will be fine though. So today’s the big day isn’t it?” the small man said polishing his bar top and trying to change the subject to help lift the others spirits.

David shook his head negatively “You mean the day the city goes to pot as Lochlan Stuart goes into office as mayor or the fact that your buddy Miss Vauger has been put on the hospital board. She takes her seat today “The dark haired doctor smarted off polishing off another glass and slamming his shot glass down on the dark mahogany bar.

“Hey do you know how expensive that is!!! And that is one of the softest woods in the world. I should make you pay for that. “Trick said pointing at David.” First that Prada wearing bitch is no friend of mine, and second I was referring your friend who is moving in to help with that little problem. He is moving in today. Or at least that what Chris said last week.”

The blond haired man in his early 40 perhaps younger looked up at him” They’ll be here in three hours. I’m picking them up personally and delivering them here. Have you-?”

“It’s on the books as the two of them being my property so movement around here should be fairly easy. I have also sat a side Tuesday afternoons at 4:30 to take the girl to her parole officer. Though why a girl so young needs one of those I will never know. The apartment is ready for them.”

“Thanks.” Chris said sitting down his glass “It’s good the Ash will be overseeing the girl, maybe it will put her on the right.”

Sharon Dithers reached across the bar and grabbed the remote “Shut up guys look who’s giving his first speech as mayor.” Sharon said turning up the volume on the T.V.

As they watched a tall man with dark curly hair and dark eyes who appeared to be in his 60’s stepped up to the podium:
  • “Good morning all, I am going to keep this short. As your new mayor
    I am grateful for the chance to serve you as mayor. As you know
    there were detractors who said this would be Stuart Miltech turning
    New Orlias into a company town. But I am here to say that is not
    the case. That is why till the end of my term as mayor I am turning
    the reigns over to son Jason.

And as my first act as mayor is to announce that New Orlias
    Museum of Art and History has just acquired the Prince
    Khufu treasure on display permanently here in our fair city.
    The man who found the treasure Dr. James Howard I am also
    Pleased to announced is going to head up our Egyptology
    Department this fall at New Orlias University. And to celebrate
    The good doctor and all he has given to our city we are having
    Celebration in his honor tomorrow night. Thank you “
The clicking of camera and rumbling of voices yellowing over one another as they vied for his attention calling mayor Stuart. “Finally Mayor Stuart is it true that Stuart Militech is about to announce a new specialized Nano technology weapon system this week?” And with that Trick grabbed the remote back muting the sound.

“It would take a jackass like that to take credit for something you did. This city is going to hell in a hand basket.” Trick said pouring himself a glass of Greygoose. The other looked at him “What that guy as dog catcher means the end of the world, and now he’s mayor. I think I would rather spend the rest of my life drunk.”

The protectors of New Orlias

Metropolis

Casey Morgan was packing up the last of her files when a knock came at her door. The dark haired olive skinned lady dressed in a business suit looked up to see her boss Director Jeff Adams of the Vigilante Squad leaning against the frame with a piece of paper in his left hand.” You sure about this. You will not have Bureau back up there.”

As she put the last of her files in the box she sighed “Call it a hunch. I know that there is something bigger going down with Professor Howard than he’s telling. He lied to be about the dagger. And seeing as he is my only hope of finding Jack’s killer I have to take it. You understand don’t you?”

With a heavy sigh the Director placed the paper on her desk. “Then your transfer is through. You are officially assigned to New Orlias office. Transfer was confirmed an hour ago. You’re to meet with Commissioner when you get there. “Pulling the paper back for a second “Don’t make me regret this.”

She snatched the paper out of his hand and looked it over “You won’t wish me luck.” She said putting the paper down on her desk so that she could close the file box. “I’ll make you proud.”

“You better Agent Morgan.”

Somewhere above Earth Orbit

The veil between time and space is thinner than most would think. It is like a locked door, only a certain key will unlock it , but once unlocked the door swings open to let anything on the other side through. This was the same for the time/space veil that holds this universe together. And when it tears . . . .

It started as a sliver crack in the blackness of space eeking slightly open. Then as it seal itself up a white hot explosion followed a red streaking comet hurdling toward the earth faster than man people could comprehend.

The firey ball of light fell as black smoke billowed behind it faster still till. . .

Some near new Orlias the object hit the ground causing an explosion and crater. As dust and ash exploded out of the earth and rained down hot ash all around the form of a white make with dark hair could be seen laid in a fetal position unconious in the crater.
Tabetha/Hunt
I got out of the bed today.
Swear to god couldn't see my face. I got out of the bed today starin at a a ghost.
Who forgot to float away didn't have all that much to say couldn't even tell his own name or where my body goes.
-Winter Sleep Weighty Ghost
It's an animal thing
Riddick

Re: Orlias Knight: Rise of Atom!!

Post by Durgan »

Dr. Eve was doing some preliminary test on a new sample he had recently acquired when when a computer voice began to sound.

“unidentified spatial anomaly detected.”

Dr. Eve quickly slide the experiment to the side and brought up the holographic interactive console manipulating it to reveal a anomaly ripping its way through the earths upper atmosphere. Dr. Eve began analyzing the readings and a tickling sensation came over him.

“Its Atom.”

Without hesitation Dr. Eve leap out of his chair making his way out of the lab and down the bright white hall ways that lead to the different portions of the space station. Dr. Eve rounded the corner to a hatch leading out to the stealth shuttle docked, Dr. Eve made his way into the shuttle and into the captains chair. The disembodied voice of this ships computer came over the comms.

“Shuttle Hyperion is clear to launch.”

Dr. Eve throttled the shuttle to full power the twin engines ignited with the power of the sun to propel it across the stars. Dr. Eve brought up a display showing the trajectory of Atoms decent to Earth the computer calculated it to land on the edge of the city New Orlias. After a quick decent the Hyperion had came out of the atmosphere over the massive city of New Orlias landmarks and massive buildings dotted the land the city was a sight for the ages.

“Warning interference detected.” came the computers voice again.

The shuttle began to tremble in the wake of the interference a magnetic discharge began building up on the surface of the shuttle Dr. Eve was forced to land the shuttle a few miles short of the crash site. The shuttles landing engines fired bringing the shuttle to a gentle landing in the open field. Dr. Eve departed the craft but on his way out he activated the shuttle rear bay door as it opened revealing a all terrain land assault rover Dr. Eve nick named the ATLAR.

Dr. Eve mounted the ATLAR as the hover craft powered up it floated off in the direction of the crash. As Dr. Eve approached the crash site the land turned from a lush green field into a scared fiery trail of destruction. Dr. Eve tried to bring up his sensors but everything from stabilizing gyros to weapon controls were being effected by the interface. So Dr. Eve had nothing to go on but the general direction of destruction that hopefully be enough to track down Atom.

It had almost been twenty minutes of searching through the destruction that Dr. Eve finally found the end of the trail leading to a massive crater. Dr. Eve stepped out of the ALTAR and stood out over the crater the dust was still settling around a figure laying in the center of the crater. Dr. Eve used his telekinesis to push the dust from around the figment in the crater. Dr. Eve could make out a pale white man with dark hair laying peacefully in a fetal position. Dr. Eve slowly worked his way down into the pit as the he slide down boulders and chunks of dirt began falling around him. Dr. Eve landed next to the man he knew this man had to be Atom but he was unsure how he had reverted back to his human form. This would do Dr. Eve any good he needed to get Atom back to his lab and restore him to his previous form to unlock his secrets.

Dr. Eve bent over and flipped Atom on his back and began shaking him “Wake up!”
Queen of the Damned

The man in the crater coughed as if he was trying to clear something out of his lungs. The cold permeated every inch of pale skin ""Andrea." he murmured softly, his opened slowly to someone one telling him to awake. Trying as hard as he could to register everything that had just happened. Five years. . . He had spent five years planing his escape, hacking the computers getting them to work for him. It took five years to find her. . . And he did. Then the explosion it was all coming back to him, the escape , the chase, and fight. . . Andrea!

Where had that thing come from? he thought as he began to move a bit.

“Wake up!”

That voice. . . .It sounded vaguely familiar but he could not figure out form where. It was a struggle, he was very weak but finally he made his way to his feet. And took in his surroundings. This was not New Mexico! Looking to the man before him his fixed with anger ""Where am I?"

Before the man could answer the hear the click of a pistols hammer he looked up and noticed a dark woman dressed in a business suit holding a gun to the others head "Atom I presume."Atom's eyes went to a familiar logo on the woman's lapel. The man stepped forward,"Just one I would think Stuart would know better than to send just one after me. Not after the last time." [/color]the Atom said keeping his hands up but slowly limping over to the hovercraft. "I apologize I am very tired after traveling to where ever this is."He smiled an evil grin at the woman as he leaned his head to the side to get a better look at her. "So tell me did they ever get all blood up. As I recall their blood melted so firmly into the floor." The nude man said in a dead calm voice as he placed his hands palms down on the craft.

The woman grabbed hold of Dr, Darwin her pistol placed firmly at his left temple, "You stupid man, you think Mr. Stuart or the U.S. Government would send a woman out here alone to bring the likes of you in mon. My back up is 50 years off. So give yourself up or your friend here-."

Heat radiated from the engine of the hovercraft, the heat felt so good on his bare cold hands he closed his eyes for a second ""That thing you hold in your hand has no importance to me. Kill him if you like. As far as your back up it is more like a few miles than a few yards. That phone you have in your pocket has more interests to me that thing your holding hostage." He could almost hear the it bits of data flowing back and forth between her phone and her back up two miles away.

"That's enough! What's it going to be, mon? Come with me and no one gets hurt, or face my friends and loose more than your lady friend?" she said as she pulled the man closer.

Atom's face went white as fire began to burn deep in his soul ""Your boss will pay for that. I know he sent that thing after us. No matter, he will pay for what he did along with his water buddy. As for you, I am done with you."The mans face went dark like a lions face that was about to get the wildabeast, he turn his head to the other side ""Good bye."with that he send out a flash bomb straight at her face.

The blinding flash caused the woman to let go of the good doctor and her phone to fall from her back pocket. She grabbed at her eyes with both hands as if she had a headache. As she did this she began to take several steps back as a silvery liquid covered he the man called ATOM and harden into a shiny silver shell. Now a man on a mission he began to walk toward the girl sun reflecting off his armor shell. Finally she recovered her sight to see the metal man half way there. Grabbing her other pistol she began to fire off both as she backed away.

Ping. . Pong . . Pow. . .Ping. . .Pow. .Ping. . Went the bullets after the ricocheted off his chest. But to no avail, the bullets did not phase his stride. Her heart quickened as she emptied her gun into him fruitlessly . Then the sound no agent wanted to hear Click. . . CLick. . . CLIck. . . .CLICK!!!

Damn!!! she thought as he reached the good Dr pushing out of the way, sending the man flying into air as the Atom speed up his pace. She turned her body and started back toward the road but before she could she felt a searing hot pain grab hold of her. A mixture of pain and terror escaped from her mouth and echoed all around as she felt his other hand spin her around to face him face to face. The girl studied his features but what was once a man of flesh and blood was now a monster of metal even his eyes were a cold metal which only enhanced the fear she was now felling.

Her heart raced as he smiled . . .

His grip was stronger than any vice as struggled to no avail to escape him as he pulled her closer up inches from his face infact. "What do you want?"She cried out.(ooc :Note/WARNING-do not read if you are squeamish if the mods feel the must put a warning on it. READ THIS NEXT PARAGRAPH AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!)

""Why revenge for what was taken from of course. And I think I will start with you, my dear."his thick Bostonian voice said as she quivered like child in his hands. Her whimpers only made him want to take his time. He wanted to savor every last second as his left thumb went on her right cheek and his other fingers along her temple. As he pressed into her skin she felt heat building with her. Deeper and deeper he went as she began scream from first her stomach bursting from the intense heat, her blood began t o boil as her insides got hotter and hotter. Her eye ball exploded in her sockets as he pushed deeper her screams sounding like a beautiful symphony to him. Finally her heart exploded as she went limp in his hand.

Calling the phone to him the screen lit up as it sat softly in his hand." "Who ever you are, you have 1 minuet and 22.2 seconds to tell me what is going on and why I should not kill you."

5 Floors Above the Weigh Station

Chis Collins walked through the large three floor apartment his foot steps echoing as he walked across the solid wood floor the final check was done. Electronic locks, biometric entry, retinal scan, voice id and security cameras all working. "Other than this being fort Knox I have to say its a nice apartment." Chris said as he stopped before a large black lather couch and picked up the remote on the left end table and pressed a button . With that the picture of the alps slide back into wall revealing a 52 in LCD T.V., he did the normal checking the channels and the views from the 15 different camera all over the apartment.

Stopping on the news , people gathered around what looked like Mayor office with sings and young blond reporter who he had brought back to his home a few weeks back standing before the camera.
  • "WTYX New Orlias, Protest downtown today over rumors that masked vigilantes were spotted in Mason City beating a man to a pulp. When police tried to apprehend to apprehend the two they disappeared leaving the man, a local casino owner near dead. Police are offering a $25,000 reward for information leading to their capture. The news of the beating have sparked a two day protest agiasnt heroes and criminals with abilities alike. The New Mayor after an hour of the shouts vowing to crack down on such things in New Orlias With crime sharply on the rise many are questioning if this is a wise choice. One councilman saying if the cops can't stop this recent crime way then someone should. This even after the 90% spike in crime that pushed newly elected mayor into office, when asked the mayor commented "Crime is crime no matter what the intent. If you wear a mask and go after someone you are just as guilty as the one you think has done wrong is. I will Monday morning submit to the city council a proposal to add 100 new officers by this time next year. So to all your would be heros out there, if your caught there will be no leniency for you."
"Bullshit! If he's going to stop the crime then I am Queen Elizabeth the first!!! "he spat.

"So much for a Professor, and someone you do not know Christan! It is unlike you. Why is the man and his sister so important?"

Chris turned to face a holographic full bodied image of a woman with long blond hair about 6'3 wearing a black dress. She folded her arms much like a mother would hold herself as she was about to scold her child. For a moment Collins studied the image over she was prefect in every-way her hair , the tints in her skin, and her eyes. . . much like his only with a soft kindness in them that he never had. A surge something climbing it way up form the pit of his stomach, it took a second for him to regain his usual perfect control "ENGINE, how many times have we discussed this you call Mr. Collins or Chris. Never Christan. Why haven't you deleted it from your memory banks?"

The holograms face frowned slightly "I do not know sir, I have made several attempts to purge it from my memory banks but somehow, it lingers. I will endeavor to get it purged completely on my next maintenance cycle. But you have not explained why the security. You have gone out of your way to make this building appear as normal to the public as possible. Even allowing that vile Mr Mahoney set up a bar down stairs. And now you set up a state of the art security system with ties into Collins Enterprises itself, so I do ask again as your computer mainframe why are they so important?"

The tall blond hair man let out a sigh of annoyance. "Because I may not be able to lead this team for much longer. They will need someone who can lead them on if I am not here. Someone who can protect Rain and find the guys who are after her. If something happens to me this guy can look after Chip too."his jaw tightened,"For now you are not to show yourself. I want to make sure everything will work out before he find out about you. Monitor the place, make sure no one comes in or out without permission. I have a cleaning crew coming daily but keep your sensors open. If anything else is needed let Trick know."

"Mr Mahoney has already dropped off the food for your new "friends' this morning. As you know I have this and Collins tower under my constant control nothing happens here or there without my knowing. Your charges will be safe. I even wrote a proper anti virus for Dr Howard and the young ones computers and set parental controls. Also while you were out of your office today. You had 320 calls most from various groups wanting a meeting. 25 from Mayor Stuart 785 emails that was after all the spam was filtered. I am also to alert you that you have three meeting tomorrow one with the new head of Stuart Mitlitech the other with the Governor about expanding operations. The schedule for the rest of the day is you have 25 minuets to be at the air port the according to control traffic tower the plane will be 5 minuets early. The said he will meet you there to greet the Doctor and his sister. You need to pick up your suit from the cleaners for the Gala and Chip will be at Science Camp till 6:30 Mrs. Dithers will pick him up and drop him off her after she picks up Rain."

A smile crept across his face as he grabbed his tench coat up fro the couch."What would I do without you? Shut the lights when I leave and put the security up. And than for the warning on the mayor. Everything looks good, guess I'm off don't wait up for me."

ENGINE watched as he crossed the room and closed the door, at which time the sounds of mechanical whirring came from the heavy black steel door "Yes. . .Christan."her voice trailed as the sold of a large heavy bolt locked into place. .
Tabetha/Hunt
Swear to god couldn't see my face. I got out of the bed today starin at a a ghost.
Who forgot to float away didn't have all that much to say couldn't even tell his own name or where my body goes.
It's an animal thing
Riddick

Post by Durgan »

Dr. Eve scrambled back away from Atom with a look of horror on his face as he watched Atom destroy the woman’s body. Atom dropped the husk of the former woman and turned towards Dr. Eve.

“I wont ask you again.”

Dr. Eve ran into the ATLAR pushing himself up against the vehicle “I..I'm.... Dr.... Dr. Eve, were on the outskirts of New Orlias."

Dr. Eve regained his composure and dusted out his white lab coat “As for why you shouldn't kill me I'm here to help you and from the looks of it you actually do need my help.”

Dr. Eve watched Atom as he paced back and forth for a moment as he decided his fate.
Queen of the Damned

Before Eve could finish his sentence the phone began to glow in Atom hand as something projected images as if from the net about 20 inches high from his hand. They scrolled quickly people places events. Everything over the last five years were now flashing before their eyes. "75 seconds. . . Not bad!! Hmmmmmmm, it would seem I am not in my time. Much has changed, much more lost. And you are right you can be of great service to me, it would seem you have connections I need."Atom said as the image of a man with dark curly hair about 60 years of age with dark eyes looking out at Eve.

Eve stepped back "Wa-what do you mean I have connections? I do not understand why do you have a picture of Mr Stuart ?"

Atom flew forward getting up in the man's face as the image turned to the battle in Roswell five years ago between Atom and the Water Man"My proposition is this, something precious was taken from, something I can never get back. So I want payback to many who aided in taking what was mine from me. And as it seems you have connections to the project and the very men involved save one. Help me get my revenge on them all, and I will let you live. It is as simple as that, and you have less than 20.98 seconds to decide, Stuart and the Chrell Project has sent no doubt their best to capture me and kill you. Tick Tock!!!! They will be here any second."

He looked at the metal man, "So if I help you take down these guys you'll let me live? What can I do?" Eve asked.

And evil smile came across Atom's face "Very good, first your will go back to the road and lure our good friends from Stuart here, I will deal with them. Then we will begin recon in this New Orlias. Stuart most of the others will be easy. But him. . .I we must find him for his will be the most painful of all deaths. Now go lead the lambs to their slaughter. Play like your their friend. Tell them their scout needs them and when we have them run for your life because things will get very hot around here. I shall await among the trees." The man did not waste breath with an answer he turned and quickly headed off to the road. Where he did not have to wait for long.

Ten minutes later a black cargo van came driving up the long gravel road as Dr. Eve waving to them. As the van pulled up, "This way."He said and with that three men poured out of the back armed with a multitude of weapons and dressed from head to toe in Kevlar "Where is he? What is happening?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collins Tower, New Orlias
Engine was busy at work analyzing all the data collected form the various Collins Enterprises computers, cameras, and audio devices, billions of nano bites flowing through her CPU she had completed the finical and made note of all the employee hours, logged all research data, made improvement’s to output on the damn had all calls cataloged and archived across three time zones as she began to work on final security protocols for all Collins properties when she received the a download from one of their partners satellites orbiting high above earth orbit. . . . .

There she noticed a strange mass in Quadrant 24 C “Enhance section, magnify by 49.87 percent.” The screen zeroed in and magnified the specific cross section. There on screen was a small black mass distortion. She examined the photo carefully. At first she thought her optics were deceiving her but after checking the variables on shadow planet positions verse the angle of the suns light and hundred other possible factor, the Engine determined the mass was real, she then played through the image. Once, twice, three times each time in slower motion than the previous one. Finally she saw it; an object emerging from the center of the mass it appeared to be metallic, then at very high speed exited the mass then blew up 2500 miles above earth’s atmosphere then fell to the ground. Then following the trajectory she noted that it fell less than forty-five miles from the city.

Strange no news or government reports on it. Something like that would have left a mark when it landed. Strange indeed, making proper logs of the event, she then prepared the Roost for the evenings events. It was to be a big night for them all.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Private Hanger, New Olrias International Airport.

Lochland Stuart walked through the hanger checking everything to see that it was in order. The Khufu exhibit in his town, it would be the first of many crowning achievement even if he had not actually been the one to bring to good doctor and his discovery here. It was all a matter of spin anyway. “Grandfather why do I have dress like I am going to one of your board meetings?”Grayson Stuart said tugging on the collar of his business suit. Already 6’5 and an athletic 250 lbs. 17 year old looked more 21, which was often a plus seeing as with aid of a fake id he was notorious for hanging out in the best bars in town till 2 A.M.

Grabbing the boy’s tie he began to straighten it up “Because you are my grandson and my heir, and this all part of being a Stuart. Plus your recent qualms with Mr. Collins nephew and for no reason I might add, that you and him being seen standing civilly next to each other will help put to rest the gossip that you are an incredulous bully, and are instead a fine upstanding citizen worthy of Harvard. I do not need to remind you that next year is your senior year and unless you want your father to ship you off to military school you will act the part. The boy and young miss Dithers were the ones who helped you pass this year, the least you can do is appear to be civil” Lochland stared at the and his beautiful baby face, a face that made his grandson the object of many you ladies around town. A face that would one day rule his company and with any hopes the planet.

“Oh Lochland, give the boy a break, it is hard for one to as equal to one’s own inferior. I think the boy is fine, if your higher up on the food chain why should bow down?” An older female voice came from behind them. Lochland’s eyes caught sight of the sharply dressed business woman about 60 years of age with extremely creepy blue eyes heading their way as the echoes of her Prada spiked black leather heels sounded in even tones as she crossed the divide between them. “Perhaps my dear Helena, however sometimes those on the lower end of the food chain can rise up and if not fight hinder your plans. He needs this kid and his little girlfriend to get into Harvard Business School, so staying on their good side might be key for at least another year.”

The boy made a rude noise as his grandfather spoke of Chip and Rain but before anyone could say anything “Stuart what the hell are you all doing here. The doctor requested a quiet arrival. So how did you find out when and where he and his sister were arriving and how the hell did you get into my private hanger? “Chris said in an annoyed voice as he approached the three.

Grayson got up in Chris’s face “This is MY GRANDFATHER’S city, he can go do and know what he wants. If he wants to say hi to some doc and his sister you of all people have no right tell him he cannot.”

Chris looked to Stuart with a stare that would make the bravest of man step back “Call wet nosed grandson off or you’ll both regret it. I’d hate to be the one tell his father that he will not be dad to MVP of the state champion’s in high school football next year.”

Helena moved up between them “Gentlemen now there is no need for blood shed. The police might not like it and what would it say for our fair city. As president of the Economic Council I think all of us can play nice for the good of the city to welcome this good doctor to our town. “As she moved in-between Chris and Grayson pushing the back gently, “You can spill all the blood you like once they are safely away.” There was at that moment a loud sound as the plane pulled safely into the hanger coming to a complete stop 15 feet from where they stood. Chris let the boy go as they all lined up with Collins in front. They all were quiet as the door opened up wide allowing James and Cassandra Howard who carried a strange red shoulder bag stepped on the latter waiting for them. James was first to come down and make his way to the group each one studying him and Cass.

“Uhm I thought this was going to be get my stuff and go home. What gives?”
Tabetha/Hunt
It's an animal thing
Riddick

Post by Durgan »

Inspired by the will to survive Eve began the best acting of his life, shaking in his boots literally he raised his hand pointing towards the tree line in the distance.

“He he his over there, your friend went in after him after wounding him if you hurry you might be able to catch them.”

The largest of the the three men walked up to Eve towering over him, Eve couldn't see the mans face through the mask but he could feel his eyes burning through him.

“Your coming with us, just in case.”

The large man grabbed Eve by the arm the overgrown apes grip brought great pain to Eve as he was dragged along he could feel the very fibers of his muscles pulling apart.

“Please... let me lose ill come with you.”

One of the smaller of the three men came up behind Eve and pushed his rifle in the back of Eve back. The pain from the assault force Eve to slip and fall to the ground the pain was almost unbearable but Eve regained his step. The group finally reached the tree line as they did the last of the men walked up to the very edge of the forest and pulled out a small device that began beeping rapidly.

“Whats that?.”

The large man tightened his grip “Nah your business.”

The man by the tree line returned to the group “I can confirm his been here but not if his still here.”

The larger man pushed Eve towards the tree line “Go ahead get up in there and get him to come out.”

Eve rubbed his arm a feeling of anger came over him he couldn't stand being bullied around he hadn't come all this way to be treated like that by a bunch of thugs. Eve regained his composure trying to over come the rage building in him, at the same time the mans device began to beep uncontrollably.

“Whats going on?”

The man swung the device back out in front of him “His got almost authentically readings somethings not right.”

Eve realized that the gig was up he knew he would have to do something quick or he be a dead man. As the men pulled there weapons to aim at Eve he began to focus on them. The men began to struggle to hold there weapons but quickly loss there weapons that then began floating above them.

“Don't move or I'll shoot.”

“You freak you don't have what it takes.”

A look of hate and vengeance came over Eves face as if he were looking at a old nemesis. The guns began to swing around in the air and pointing towards each of the men. As Eve prepared himself to use the weapons on the men he noticed one of the men going for there side arm. Eve couldn't stay focused on the weapons and he switched his focus on forming a force field around him. The weapons dropped down around the men and the one who had pulled there side arm began to fire. The rounds flew directly at Eve but his force field simply deflected or absorbed the rounds as that came near him. The other men regained the weapons and began firing on Eve the rounds continued to be reflected. Eve began to sweat the amount of effort it was taking to keep his force field up was exhausting Eve had not prepared himself for this kind of fight. Eve though to himself whatever Atom had planed to do he needs to do it now.
Queen of the Damned

ooc sorry dude 3 deaths in the family and extended family in a 52 hr period no joke shot post to move along ill be on the in the morning

ic

Atom watched with a sadistic smile on his face, well. . . . . well. . . well . . . so he is not entirely useless. Time for me to say hello.He thought as he watched the man pulled the guns from the soldiers arms. . . . He waited till they turned their back to run after Eve . Now in his normal very human looking self with a though the metal shell appeared as he floated from the tree tops down behind the guards as he heard the words "Freak!" utter in thick New York accent .

"Now, now that is not nice. Perhaps he could be of more help. Or is it me your looking for." Atom said in his silk Bostonian voice. The men turned to face him, as they did he noticed the Stuart Millitech Logo on their shoulders. "My my I am insulted, only five to bring me in. My feelings are hurt!!!!!!" he teased as the others quickly surrounded him in threatening stance. "Oh this is good, he still thinks he can bring me to him all by brute force and nothing else. I mean you have no weapons and by the looks of it no powers or ways to deal with me, while all I have to do is this."And with that Atom began to draw from within. His hands glowing white hot as he extended them out.

"Get em" One of them yelled as they lunched at him. . .

Moments alter the sounds of agony filled the air as a blinding light and the moans of more than one sent bird flying for the trees. The next thing anyone knew the Metal monster walked out of the light and straight for the Doctor once he reached the man behind the shield "I bleive we will not have to worry with them no more. Now we should find me some proper clothing and head to New Orlias. I have many old "freinds' to repay the first being some one your well aquainted with." He called the phone his hands (which had been laying near by on the ground) and brought up the Mayors image projected into the air. "Starting with him. You game?" The he tunred back to see a strage fgiure that looked like melted blay mixed with ooze and boiling red lquid. The oject once the five men now melted together into one looked to be a huge mass with nearly a dozen limbs "What do you say?"
Tabetha/Hunt
It's an animal thing
Riddick

Post by Durgan »

Eve lowered his arms and in return the force field around him lowered, the smell of burning flesh quickly surrounded Eve and brought him to the verge of vomiting.

Holding the feeling to puke back Eve spoke in a soft voice “I don't have much of a choice, as for cloth I have some in my ship just a few miles away if you would like a ride in the ATLAR it might be a bit more low profile.”

Pulling a small hand held computer from behind him he pressed a few keys and his vehicle came to life and raced across the open field to his location stopping a few feet short of the two men.

The reach hatch opened up allowing the two men access “After you?”
Queen of the Damned

Atom nodded "For now but we will need something closer for this plan to work. But I need to rest and rebuild my strength. Stuart is easy to find your work with him will be easy. However I want you to find us a place in the city so we can blend in. And I want you to find this man for me. We fought . . its the last thing I remember. He and Lochland are your two primary targets I need to know everything about them who they really are to the deepest core their hopes and dreams, and what will bring them down. But we should hurry. Lochaland will no likely discover what we have done here, and I want you in his good graces until I see fit. “his words dark and cold as the winds of Antarctica air sent chills up Eve’s back.

New Orlias
Collins Security Central
Aka The Roost

The door opened to the large two story loft style apartment and as it did the light began to slowly come on as Chris Collins followed by James Howard and his much younger sister Cassie "I'm sorry about the welcoming committee I know you wanted to come in under radar. I'm not sure how they knew. Anyway this is the apartment. Don't worry the apartment is the most secure in the city. Rent utilities and the like are paid for. As well as housekeeping and up keep. The furniture is free but you want something different you'll have to get it yourself. You are hooked with cable dsl and electronics. Your home office is on the second floor along with both your bed rooms. Your sister's room is set up with a computer to do her homework on and the barman downstairs who is a personal friend will be taking her to her parole officer once a week. If there is anything else you may need call my office. As for the contents of the collection all but a few special pieces are currently are in storage awaiting completion of their final home." Chris said as he stepped into the center of the room.

"Cool" Cassy said looking around "Looks kind like an old ware house all that exposed pipe. This could be alot of fun. . .well take away the Parole officer. So how come your getting a bar man to take to see the cheese head?"

"Cass not nice. Just because you cannot behave does not mean the nice officer is bad nor should show even one you think inept disrespect." James inspected the apartment. " I must say wall to floor windows allow alot of natural light and its nice. . It's just. . . . You see I am a private man and my sister she is so young I mean. . . . "James said trying to find a way to ask how use the apartment to help starfire when he could even go to the restroom in private. This guy who had only just showed up out of the blue after James promised his old friend help yeah, and this guy showing up out of the blue with a new job just where she need James a gift, but this. . . This man was being too nice.

Chris just laughed as he picked up the remote and with a press of the button dark shades lowered and covered the wall of windows. Then a press of another button took the back wall revealing a stair case hidden behind it "Becasue Hawkman, Stargirl, you have been brought here in time to replace me. "Chris said as his body quickly turned into a massive water form that looked much like the CEO. "My name is Hydrosis, leader of the Knights of New Orlias. And with your "Unique " situation your our best hope from keeping Raith out of hands of whoever is trying to take her from her family."
Tabetha/Hunt
It's an animal thing
Riddick

Post by Durgan »

It had been almost twenty four hours since Atom had landed on the outskirts of New Orlias. Eve had honored Atom request to find a location within the city to use a base of operations, Eve had purchased a older abandon industrial building with one of his alias accounts it was set in the south distract of town. The old factory had been unused for almost a quarter of a decade the dust and cobwebs were spread throughout the factory. Eve had gotten most of the factory cleaned up placing most of his equipment in the open front of the factory while redesigning the back of the factory into living quarters. After his purchase Eve began purchasing the necessities from multiply companies as to not raise any suspicions about his new base of operations. Eve was setting up one of the consoles linking it to his super computer located high in orbit that he repositioned over New Orlias just encase he needed any of its resources when Atom came up behind Eve touching him on the shoulder.

Eve spun around startled “O! jesus you scared me... what can I do for you Atom?”

Atom simply pointed towards the monitor as if reaching into it the monitor began to scramble for a moment. The monitor finally stopped scrambling and revealed two pictures the first of which Eve recognized immediately.

“Yes, Stuart I have a program gathering all the Intel it can about him so that I can better understand the man and get close to him.”

As Eve analyzed the other man he couldn't for the life of him recall his name although there was something familiar about him. The male figure was made completely of water with vague outlines looking human. Eve quickly typed up something into the console and then turned back to Atom still standing over him,

“I uploaded the photo I;m doing a world wide data base search along with over a dozen drones I've launched to try and find him.”

Atom pulled his arm back and nodded in acceptance of Eves progress.

“I need to rest.”

“There is two bedrooms in the back there.” Eve pointed towards the back of the large open factory floor.

Atom turned and walked away leaving Eve to continue his work. Although gone Eve could still feel Atoms presence almost like a connection had been remade since Atoms reappearance something he would have to investigate.

Post by Durgan »

It had been a few days after Eve and Atom established there new base in south New Orlias. Atom had had maintained his solitude in his room as Eve continued to gather data. Today Eve had decided to attempt to make contact with his first target Stuart Lochland, Lochland was giving a speech in Central New Orlias Park about a upcoming project. The project Eve came to find out was the reconstruction of Chrell DNA, something he had already had extensive research on Eve felt confidante this could be his way in Lochlands inner circle. Eve had already gathered some of his research on a datapad and prepared himself exchanging his lab coat for something more appropriate he dawned a slick black suit, matching black shoes shined to perfection, and a eggshell white undershirt. Feeling quite impressed with his change in cloths Eve placed the datapad in his pants pocket and jumped in his rental car a black BMW not quite what Eve would usually drive but it would do.

Eve made his way across town in record time as he approached the sight for the speech. Eve parked his car across the way from the park in front of some little pizzeria although the parking may have been intended for customers Eve had no intention of going there. Eve made his way into line to get into the parade grounds were the speech would take place, the line was quite long but security was working quite fast. Eve came to the end of the line the security guards dressed in dress attire waived him over quickly scanning over him with a hand held scanner satisfied with the scan they pushed him through the check point. The park had been cleared out for the occasion instead of the usual vendors and tour guides moving in and out of the area there had been a large stage placed at the far end of the parade ground and chairs placed all across the open field. Eve made his way threw the crowds and as close as he could to the front of the stage taking a seat he took the schedule carefully placed in each seat. As the remaining seats around him began to fill up some of the by standards try to begin a conversation with Eve but he quickly brought a end to any attempts he had no intention of conversing with anyone other then Lochland.

The lighting in the area began to dim as a man worked his way up on the stage, Eve thumbed threw the schedule it seemed there would be a few guest speakers before Lochland would take the stage. Eve quickly began bored with the mindless drivel that the speakers spouted out they clearly had no clue of what they were talking about the bulk of the speeches talked about recent discoveries and future plains but none of which they were going to be involved in. Finally Lochland took the stage Eve placed his phone back in his pocket and directed his attention towards the stage. As Lochland began his speech a projector illuminated displaying the outlines of his project, just as Eve had discover it was surrounding Chrell DNA reconstruction although this made little sense to Eve he didn't care this was his way in. As Lochland closed out his speech the lights illuminated and the crowds rose from there sits and began to clap and praise him. Eve quickly made his way out of the maze of chairs and the crowd forming at the foot of the stage, Eve knew that Lochland would not waste his time with the crowd he would make a quick exit out the back. Eve stumbled through the mass like a blind man pushing his way through using his sense of direction finally emerging from the crowd and behind the stage, as he predicted Lochland was making his way to a awaiting car behind the stage. Eve had little time to try and get to him he quickly raced across the open field between him and Lochland. As Eve closed the gap he realized his mistake some random person racing towards someone as important as Lochland of course his security would react and they did Eve felt himself lifting up off the ground and slam violently against the ground. Pain coursed through Eves body he almost instinctively used his power to fling the man away from him but at the last moment drew the urge back under control.

“Will you get off me you ogre, I need to speak to Mr. Lochland I have valuable research he will find very useful.”

Two brutes violently lifted Eve up off the ground and dragged him across the remainder of the open field behind behind the convoy of cars awaiting to take Lochland away.

One of the brutes spoke in a deep voice “You best speak quick.”

Eve shock the two men loss pulling the datapad from his pocket “Show your boss this.”

The man took the datapad looking over it as if he knew what any of it meant and then walked over to the nearest car, the windows barely slide open and the man slipped the datapad in. A moment passed then the man returned to Eve.

“Mr. Lochland would like to speak with you.”

Before Eve could even answer the two men yanked him and through him in the back of the car that they had placed the datapad in. Eve shock his head and looked around the back of the car was poorly light he couldn't make out much other then a man sitting across from him.

“Mr. Lochland?”
Queen of the Damned

Lochanland Stuart heard the commotion coming from behind him. The voice was very familiar. . . . .He turned and smiled offering his "Why Dr. Eve I have not seen you since Mrs Collins-Anderson funeral. Such a sad occasion. . . Let the good doctor go my friends."Lochland said smiling and waving his hand. As Eve got him, he old man pulled along up into the elevator up three floors to his mayoral office as they got inside he locked the door behind him. "What do you want Eve, I though you would not work for me if I was last person in the universe who had an open job. What did you do get out on the big bad world and find no one else wanted your insane mind."Lochaland said walking over to his desk pouring a glass of scotch.

As he took a drink he closed his eyes for a moment savoring the drink in mouth before swallowing as he opened his eyes his look turned dark "So why are you here?"

The old man sat down behind the desk "I though you were above my kind of science? That you did not want a repeat of what happened at fort again? I 'm guessing your here what to kill me? I must warn you I do not die easily."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Roost

The Howard's and Chris Collins exited into a large room filled with strange suits computers and a large rectangular table with several people standing in silence. On the wall there were sections with strange customs, one looked like a polar bear another was yellow black and red similar to one he knew as a young boy. but the others were. . .strange. To his left was David his old friend standing next to 4'0d dwarf male with black balding hair next to him was a tall good looking woman with long black hair and piercing black eyes smiling and leaning on David. On the other side of the room was the blonde bombshell the girl who had been the love of his life till she dumped him and married someone else. She smiled at him as his kept on her "James." rushing over to him arms our stretched as the young woman in the cast standing next to her just stood with a question mark on her face as Hawkman and Firestar embraced."I though you would never make it. "

This was something knew for Cass she had never seen her brother smile or even hug before. She smirked as Hydrosis cleared his throat form behind. "Ok who are you and what have you done with my brother?" Cass asked as the two broke their embrace her face grinning from ear to ear. "Sorry, you must Cassie !!! James she look like your mom."Sharon smiled as she extended her hand "I remember when we were in Africa, his baby sister Cass was all he talked about . Welcome Cassandra your brother and I go way back, its nice to finally meet you."The blonde woman said grabbing gthe girl into a tight hug.

Stargril got a strange looks across her face the woman who had asked them to come here was red headed, and since when did her brother ever say anything nice about[i] her[/i]!!"Lady your either crazy dont know my brother or just. . . You must not know my brother very well by the hey who the hell are you?"

"Cass!!!!" Hawkman yelled his face going scarlett.

"It's ok James, "I'm FireStar the lady from Gotham I asked for you help. And your brother and I dated when you were a baby."Sharon said smile at the girl "Let me look at you. You look like your brother."

"Thanks. . .NOT!!! You had red hair when I last saw you."

"Thats because it was on fire!! This is Sharon my old firend so stop being rude. She's really nice one you get to know her."

"Oh give her a brake James she has the right to ask. Well have alot of time to get to know each other, but let me introduce you to the team. The big guy behind you that always looks mad is our current leader Hydrosis"Sharon said pointing the man who lead them in now made of nothing but water in human form Cass shook her head. "Shouldn't they call you water boy."

Sharon snickered seeing much of her younger self in the girl, as she noted Collins Irritation before pointing at the lady she was just speaking to "The lady I was just talking to is Snowbird also know as"

"Dakota Cody Morgan the Fashion Designer!!!" star girl squealed with delight running over to snowbrid and reaching for her broken arm which her brother rushed behind her and stopped her from grabbing "Sorry!!! Your a hero too"Cassie said jumping up and down to her brothers dismay.

"She does not know who George Washington is but knows a fashionista. . Figures!!"Hawkman whispered to himself then extended his hand allowing her to use her good hand to shake "I'm James Howard, Hawkman nice to meet you. What happened to your arm?"

Cody chuckled "Went on a stake out and it did not end well."

James smiled and kiss the top of her hand "I am very sorry but I will make sure it does not happen agian."

Cody laughed "You should see the other guy he fared much worse!!”

Hyrdodsis laughed, “Yeah she ripped his left arm off. She fell from the sky chasing him. Still got the arm though!”
The young girl look at her icon and laughed ”Ripped his arm off. . . Yeah right what was he 10 lbs.”
“No 360 she’s stronger than she looks plus it helps when she turns into a polar bear. 750 lb polar bear. They tend to do a lot of damage.” Hydrosis said replied in a clam voice as Cass’s face went white.
“Don’t forget the calls to the Zoo and animal control, they do wonders for our image”Sharon smarted off as the other came near “This Cass is my uhm” she looked to James a moment “this is my husband (the words sounding forced) David he’s a psychic , cheerful short Drunk is Trick owner of the bar down stairs he watches the place. And the young lady next to him is his daughter Jo aka Miss Josephine Lemay more on her in a bit but she’s the one who found and rescued Raine. She brought her home to us. Everyone this is James and Cassadra Howard also known as Hawkman and Stargirl, they are here to help us protect –“But before she finished the sound of breaking glass coming form behind startled them, turning to see what caused it as hushed voice whispered through the door.
Tabetha/Hunt
It's an animal thing
Riddick