This still active? Lol

For discussion not directly related to Role Playing.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

This still active? Lol

Post by Midnitehawk2k0 »

So just curious if this site is still active at all? And if so whats uhm well new? Lol
Centurio

Re: This still active? Lol

Post by Archangel »

Not really. Life just got way too busy for me to do any actual writing on here.

Some people post things, but "active" isn't the word I'd use to describe it.

Post by Pantain »

Oh ok...was just wondering if I should come back or not...been a few years and I half assed reading the guidelines and all that
"Your wars are decided by the death of a tenth of a population, a third of an army. Then the defeated surrender their honor and the victors surrender their advantage. This is called being civilized. The Yevetha are not civilized, General. It would be a mistake to deal with us as though we were."
―Nil Spaar

Post by Pantain »

So who is actually around still? And what's exactly going on with all the governments and stuff? Haven't really found anything to go off of lol...the map looks good...but no idea what the different colored planets belong to lol
"Your wars are decided by the death of a tenth of a population, a third of an army. Then the defeated surrender their honor and the victors surrender their advantage. This is called being civilized. The Yevetha are not civilized, General. It would be a mistake to deal with us as though we were."
―Nil Spaar
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

Pantain wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:52 am Oh ok...was just wondering if I should come back or not...been a few years and I half assed reading the guidelines and all that
The guidelines are basically just "be nice." And I still check in from time to time. I'd love to start writing something, but not really all that interested in writing by myself. ><
"Ol' Doc doesn't hide, he hibernates." -- Doc, Star Wars: The Old Republic

"What do you call it when you kill someone and take all their stuff?"
"Adventuring!" -- Tallis and Hawke, Dragon Age 2.

Post by Pantain »

Curious what independent governments are still.sort of active....and whats there colour coding for the map?
―Nil Spaar

Post by Tmace300 »

Probably my first post here in a millennium. I kind lost interest when schooling started to be important and other things popped up in my life. I also believe JohnL leaving contributed to that. Didn't really have the energy or time at that point to continue, and I didn't know where to pick up the pieces. Looked like there were some ideas floating around don't really know how that went? I think the only thing I've used in my other works when I started to roleplay again a few years ago with other's was Tal-Dora (mainly) and John Stoeger to a lesser degree. Didn't really flesh out Tal-Dora and John Stoeger on Exodus they kinda died when John left. I think John convinced me to join here from Facebook wow over a decade ago now since it's 2022.

I might check in more regularly but don't really see myself writing here again unfortunately. Pryde's right not really interesting when you're writing by yourself, and obviously you could start something but how long till you get a reply to continue the story ect.
Trevor James MacEwan
Quite incapable of drinking coffee

Post by JerinPuck »

Nope.
I want to live. I want to experience the universe, and I want to eat pie. - Urgo
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

I'm trying to get back into things, but after my last post life kind of took an unexpected turn. I'm waiting for personal stuff to calm down a bit before I try and push forward more with my unfinished stories. The motivation and inspiration was there for a moment, but afterwards it kind of fluttered away with aforementioned life stuff.
You have a right to remain silent... I hope to God you use it.
Xanamiar wrote:Cadden is a comical genius.
Daughter of Epona

Post by Starlight »

I’m convinced 90% of adulthood is telling oneself “I’ll get to it next week/month when I’m sure things will have calmed down. I’ll *totally* have the bandwidth then…” every day until we die.
Keep your confessions,
Cause babe, I’m no saint.
I know your devils,
I know them by name.
The Adminerator

Post by Jagtai »

Starlight wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:36 pm I’m convinced 90% of adulthood is telling oneself “I’ll get to it next week/month when I’m sure things will have calmed down. I’ll *totally* have the bandwidth then…” every day until we die.
Yep...
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." - Bilbo Baggins
From madness comes wisdom, and from wisdom comes power.
"I'm convinced you're secretly a British Spy" - Mir

My characters
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

I made a decision to only work on writing projects I intend to self-publish.
Everyone knows "Pops and Junior = #Ratings"
Everyone knows "Cazzik and Mir = #Wynning"
#Valkob4Life
'Will finish a thread one day…'

Post by TalRaimi »

I've checked in on this place over the years but sadly this time it rather looks like it's in its death throes. It's a shame, but perhaps an inevitability, given next year SWE would have been going for 20 years and prior to that it began on the old Star Wars Galaxies RPG boards, so for many of us it's already been over 20 years.

I don't write much nowadays, I want to... but just can't find the energy. Who knows, maybe I'll try and write a swan song for this place. Anything is possible...
'Would you do it with me, heal the scars and change the stars?'
Centurio

Post by Archangel »

Mir wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:36 pm I made a decision to only work on writing projects I intend to self-publish.
This. It's been ages since I wrote anything Star Wars.

Honestly, the canon reset and sequel trilogy was painful for the avid fandom of my youth and it was hard to get back into. At this point I'm loving Star Wars TV and ignoring the rest.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Archangel wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:35 am
Mir wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:36 pm I made a decision to only work on writing projects I intend to self-publish.
This. It's been ages since I wrote anything Star Wars.

Honestly, the canon reset and sequel trilogy was painful for the avid fandom of my youth and it was hard to get back into. At this point I'm loving Star Wars TV and ignoring the rest.
While I enjoyed many parts of TRoS, overall, it wasn't a good movie. We were all active to see my thoughts on the first two in that trilogy. I've seen the Mandalorian seasons, but not Boba Fett. I'm waiting for Andor to finish before starting. I got through 4/6 episodes of Kenobi and halfway through I realized it was going to be more about that Inquisitor and Leia than Kenobi. Additionally, I felt the people writing this really didn't know much about the canon, new or otherwise. Which saddened me, as the Kenobi show was the one thing I was most looking forward to seeing.

I keep seeing canceled projects from Lucasfilm and it does not give me much hope. While Kathleen Kennedy has had some hits, she has a lot of misses too. Overall, they need someone like Feige there who can balance the business side of things with a deep understanding and appreciation for the source material.

As for overall SW-E, I got busy as a lawyer, then got un-busy as I "switched" careers, bought a condo and got engaged. Plus, I'm part of two youtube channels, I have an album out with more on the way, and I'm trying to self-publish plus I run a website I hope to monetize sooner rather than later. I'm working on a comic book idea with a friend of mine as well. Time is against me.
#Valkob4Life
Centurio

Post by Archangel »

As a rule, I give shows (not just Star Wars) as much benefit of the doubt as possible. With that in mind, I viewed Kenobi as being about how Obi-Wan could possibly transition from the (justifiably) terrified former Jedi to the good-natured hermit we saw in IV. I think the show accomplished that, even if it had a lot of weaknesses overall.

Book of Boba Fett was probably the most disappointing show so far. The best parts of it were when it took a break from Boba Fett's "criminal empire" (that explicitly opposed all crime) to follow the Mandalorian and baby Yoda. The rest is well-characterized by the low-speed street chase between a chatty local politician and the technicolor bike gang from Back to the Future 2.

Andor isn't just the best Star Wars show, it's some of the best TV I've watched in a long time.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Archangel wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:20 am As a rule, I give shows (not just Star Wars) as much benefit of the doubt as possible. With that in mind, I viewed Kenobi as being about how Obi-Wan could possibly transition from the (justifiably) terrified former Jedi to the good-natured hermit we saw in IV. I think the show accomplished that, even if it had a lot of weaknesses overall.

Book of Boba Fett was probably the most disappointing show so far. The best parts of it were when it took a break from Boba Fett's "criminal empire" (that explicitly opposed all crime) to follow the Mandalorian and baby Yoda. The rest is well-characterized by the low-speed street chase between a chatty local politician and the technicolor bike gang from Back to the Future 2.

Andor isn't just the best Star Wars show, it's some of the best TV I've watched in a long time.
My problems with Kenobi started when Vader was stopped by a little bit of fire.

I saw some people chalking it up to him being scared of fire since he got burned on Mustafar. But then again, he built his castle on Mustafar and as such whenever he was there he was surrounded by it.

They can't convince me that he couldn't pull Ben through said fire.
#Valkob4Life
Centurio

Post by Archangel »

Oh, no argument. I'm basically pulling the "TLJ was good because it did a half-ass KotOR 2 and questioned the nature of the Force even though the plot was total garbage and nonsense," but only on Kenobi, because I like Ewan McGregor, I enjoyed watching the show for the most part, and TLJ really is garbage.
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

Mir wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:13 pm
Archangel wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:20 am As a rule, I give shows (not just Star Wars) as much benefit of the doubt as possible. With that in mind, I viewed Kenobi as being about how Obi-Wan could possibly transition from the (justifiably) terrified former Jedi to the good-natured hermit we saw in IV. I think the show accomplished that, even if it had a lot of weaknesses overall.

My problems with Kenobi started when Vader was stopped by a little bit of fire.

I saw some people chalking it up to him being scared of fire since he got burned on Mustafar. But then again, he built his castle on Mustafar and as such whenever he was there he was surrounded by it.

They can't convince me that he couldn't pull Ben through said fire.
He literally put the fire out two seconds before what's her face started it again. I don't know why he couldn't just put it out a second time. Is the fire somehow stronger now? It made no sense.

Part-Timer

Post by Neuge »

Jagtai wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:18 pm
Starlight wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:36 pm I’m convinced 90% of adulthood is telling oneself “I’ll get to it next week/month when I’m sure things will have calmed down. I’ll *totally* have the bandwidth then…” every day until we die.
Yep...
Yep. Also uh, hi.
It was, after all, hard to take a bright red Star Destroyer very seriously.
Daughter of Epona

Post by Starlight »

The newest lie I tell myself is “maybe next week I’ll get a break”… Still waiting!

Also hi back :oldrazz:
Keep your confessions,
I know your devils,
I know them by name.

Post by Nichalus »

Yes...I'm still active. Just not on here, like everyone else on this thread. I still visit a couple times a week to see who checks in. I find it kinda amazing how we were all so active years ago, but as we moved on with our lives, our families grew, had children, the wear and tear of work, graduating from schools and colleges, that we 'all' wound up where we are now...as in stop creating our stories on here...we just each came to this part in our due time.

I miss the stories, and yes...even the debates and arguments. I just find it funny that we all got so engulfed with life, that our daily creative sessions just kinda petered off.

What I am glad about is that I still talk to some of the people here, whether on the phone, FB or a surprise visit in person. I've always said that Life is a Book...you have to turn the page to find out what happens next, because if you go back a page, you won't see anything new, just the same thing you read before. Personally, I 'like' turning back the pages every now and then and smile at the memoires.
:obiwan: The 'Old Man' of the Exodus

EFFL Champion (2013-2016) First Two-Time Exodus Champion
The Adminerator

Post by Jagtai »

While it kinda saddens me that I don't have the time/inspiration to post here, I personally learned a lot from being here.

You guys will always have a special place in my heart (yes, even you, Mir); the stories and arguments I've had with people here, has shaped me much more than I ever thought they would. I am a better man than I would have been without you.

I have a plan to go visit as many of you as I can, but as always my plan is limited by life (economics, family, the Atlantic, the fact that the USA won't let me in if they know what's good for them :mrgreen: ).

Anyway, thanks for being you. You are all my friends (family, even), even if I never met you IRL.

/sappy stuff
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." - Bilbo Baggins

My characters
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

I have a special place in everyone's heart. it's what I do.
#Valkob4Life
Vox
Adenn Mirshko

Post by Vox »

Nice to know I'm not the only one snooping a couple times of week.
The Adminerator

Post by Jagtai »

Vox wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:28 pm Nice to know I'm not the only one snooping a couple times of week.
Definitely not :)

My characters
Daughter of Epona

Post by Starlight »

Jagtai wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:32 pm While it kinda saddens me that I don't have the time/inspiration to post here, I personally learned a lot from being here.

You guys will always have a special place in my heart (yes, even you, Mir); the stories and arguments I've had with people here, has shaped me much more than I ever thought they would. I am a better man than I would have been without you.

I have a plan to go visit as many of you as I can, but as always my plan is limited by life (economics, family, the Atlantic, the fact that the USA won't let me in if they know what's good for them :mrgreen: ).

Anyway, thanks for being you. You are all my friends (family, even), even if I never met you IRL.

/sappy stuff
Since I now work for the London Stock Exchange and traveling to London isn’t out of the realm of possible, all I’m hearing is an across the pond SW-E meetup!

I’m also in NYC about once a year, or DC. *shrug* Hell I’m even in Nashville this summer.

If there is one thing I’ve learned in the last year.. it’s that life is too freaking short. Much much too short.

Love you nerds. SW-E forever.

Mir, stop burrowing in like a tick, though. Or a heart worm. It’s unsanitary.
Keep your confessions,
I know your devils,
I know them by name.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Starlight wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:45 pm Mir, stop burrowing in like a tick, though. Or a heart worm. It’s unsanitary.
Not possible.

I will be having a semi-reunion of sorts, if Cazzik, Shaggy, and Nich make it out to Chicago in October for my wedding. Cazzik is a groomsman so he doesn't have a choice.

Congrats on working for the London Stock Exchange. What do you do there?
#Valkob4Life
Daughter of Epona

Post by Starlight »

Aww congrats!

I’m a project manager, running herd on a bunch of software/c++/UI devs. Our company was acquired last year.. so God Save the King and all that 😅

If you’ve seen Jenn from the IT Crowd? That’s me 🤣 but hey, I get to travel!
Keep your confessions,
I know your devils,
I know them by name.
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek »

I might be talking to a dead board now, but speaking of popping in from time to time...

I'm not even sure how long I've been gone, TBH. Life just has a way of sweeping you up until one day you think back on those old stories you were writing and wonder if the board is still around. Has it changed? Is there anyone left that remembers you? Will people be mad that you just vanished one day without a word (even though practically everyone has done it)? :?

I will say it's strangely comforting that not much has changed board-wise since I was here last. Our bit of the fandom seems to have finally petered out, but it's nice to see there's still some old gods checking in from time to time to stoke the embers.
When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons and make super lemons!
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

Starlight wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:41 pm Aww congrats!

I’m a project manager, running herd on a bunch of software/c++/UI devs. Our company was acquired last year.. so God Save the King and all that 😅

If you’ve seen Jenn from the IT Crowd? That’s me 🤣 but hey, I get to travel!
Relationship manager? ;)

The one and only Stoban

Post by VagueDurin »

Mir wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:00 am
Starlight wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:45 pm Mir, stop burrowing in like a tick, though. Or a heart worm. It’s unsanitary.
Not possible.

I will be having a semi-reunion of sorts, if Cazzik, Shaggy, and Nich make it out to Chicago in October for my wedding. Cazzik is a groomsman so he doesn't have a choice.

Congrats on working for the London Stock Exchange. What do you do there?
hot dayum. when is that going down? I have a new gig these days that allows for a tiny bit more free time compared to the old one, I might be able to toss one more sw-e hat into that mix.
Vox
Adenn Mirshko

Post by Vox »

Mir got married the same year I did... Who knew...

Post by Nichalus »

I was unfortunately unable to attend, and it really messed me up since I was really looking forward to going. But my new job as a High School Freshman English Teacher got in the way.

Yes, you read that right, I am teaching English to 108 students in High School. I bet no one saw that coming...and no...I haven't beaten, flogged or seriously injured any of them. Though I did tell them, warned them actually, that I will send them to Jag for proper punishment if they didn't behave.
:obiwan: The 'Old Man' of the Exodus

EFFL Champion (2013-2016) First Two-Time Exodus Champion
Vox
Adenn Mirshko

Post by Vox »

Ya know...you definitely aren't what I had as an English teacher...thank goodness. And its okay, this year I moved to Wyoming...ya know...away from the ocean. Married and moved across the country in the same year. I wouldn't recommend that. haha
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Vox wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:54 pm Mir got married the same year I did... Who knew...
Just saw this.

Yes, indeed.

#Valkob4Life