Weapon X: Evolution

An interactive forum that focuses on DC and Marvel like superheroes...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus, WoH Coordinators

Foxx
Secret Squirrel

Re: Weapon X: Evolution

Post by Foxx »

OOC: Something short to move us along.

IC:

“So you’re interested in working for us?” Daniel asked.

“Not like I’ve got much of a choice.” Liam replied with a smirk. “I’ve pretty much got the poison out of my system, I’ve just been hanging around here to keep an eye on what’s going on with the police. What’s your plan?”

“You get up, and we walk out of here.” Daniel replied, shrugging. “Fairly simple plan, full of strategy and tactics.” He said, and reached a hand out. “You’ve got a change of clothes?” He asked and Liam nodded as he took Daniel’s hand, and the Chinese man pulled him up out of the bed. “I’ll cover the clinic fees. Shouldn’t be too much.” He said. “You change, and I’ll handle that.”

Fifteen minutes later, they were in the car, driving.
peayitforward

Post by peayitforward »

Daniel and Liam walked into the Weapon X headquarters, and Liam took a moment to take everything in. Not that there was much to begin with, but what he saw looked fairly top notch. But then again, government agencies, particularly those who watched people, got a lot of funding. Liam had never really been a part of an organization before. He’d been on the fringe when it came to Hellfire, but he hadn’t been a member of the club. A freelancer that they used from time to time.

“Looks interesting.” He said.

“Yeah, I’m still getting used to it.” Daniel said and Liam turned and looked at him, raising an eyebrow. “I’m new to the shop too, man. I just got here a few days ago, to be honest.”

“Then they sent you out to recruit?” Liam asked.

“Well, Weapon X is going through a rebuilding phase, from what I understand.” He said. “So it’s not got a large number of people right now.” He added.
My family puts the FUN in Dysfunctional!
"You declare War?! I Accept!"~ Crow
Ninzi

Post by Ninzi »

Wallace spun around in his chair as the doors to his laboratory opened. “Visitors!” He said, and clapped his hands. “I love visitors.” He said.

“Be careful around him.” Chloe said, to Brett. “He’s not…a hundred percent in the head, you know?” She added. “He’s got a few problems, like Noah said.”

“Of course I have problems!” Wallace bellowed, grabbing a can of soda that he had been drinking. “I’m trying to find a way to locate mutants all around the world, but I can’t figure out how to make a new version of Cerebro. In addition, I’m trying to find a way to make a multi-purpose mutant ion cannon like thing that lets you detain people more easily. Last but not least, I’m working on a new formula for Coke, because New Coke was horrible and I can make it better. That last part might involve putting cocaine back into the formula.” He said.

He looked at Brett. “New person.” He said and pointed.

“Yeah.” Chloe said, nodding. “Totally a new person.” She said.

“You smell nice.” He said, reaching and lifting a few strands of Brett’s hair off of her head. “Smells like Garnier Fructis. I worked on a formula for them once. They wouldn’t let me add frog fecal matter though. Would have been great for keeping women’s hair shiny.” He said, nodding in a matter of fact manner.

“That’s gross.” Brett said, wrinkling her nose.

“That’s science!” Wallace said in reply. “Science!”
Ninzified lol.
peayitforward

Post by peayitforward »

Wallace was going on and on about the last time he had been able to build a working robot that could properly make pancakes, and Chloe barely was listening. She was used to tuning him out for the most part, and trying to get him to focus when she needed him to. Brett needed these moments so that she could learn not to listen to the insanity that was Wallace’s world.

Chloe turned when the door to the laboratory opened and two men walked into it.

“Whoa. Crazy place you’ve got here.” One of the men said. When the other spoke, she recognized Daniel’s voice and realized that he was back from Mexico.

“Yeah, it’s a pretty in depth operation.” Daniel said, looking around himself. He’d only been here once so it was still new to him, as well. His eyes moved around and settled on

“You’re back.” She said, to Daniel. “This must be Liam.” She said and extended her hand. “I’m Chloe Pullman.”

“Pleasure to meet you, ma’am.” Liam said. His eyes settled on Brett. “What’s with the kid?” He asked.

“I’m not a kid. I’m seventeen.” Brett said.

“Good, you’re all here.” A new voice said.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

OOC: Cause apparently, some people don’t want to write their characters :rolleyes:

IC:

Noah walked into the laboratory, with a folder in his hands. He shook hands with Liam. “For those of you who don’t know, my name is Noah Hirsch, and I’m the director of Weapon X.”

“Actually, I…I didn’t know that. I thought you were just a nice fellow.” Wallace said, eyes wide as he stared at Noah.

With a good-natured smile, Noah continued. “You’ve all been recruited to join Weapon X, the third iteration of the organization. We’re doing things differently than the previous two organizations. We don’t experiment on people. We don’t kidnap people in the middle of the night. We’re not hurting mutants.” He said. “I was a part of the organization the second time around and things weren’t done responsibly. I want to change that. Some of you will be going into the field.” He said, indicating people like Liam and Daniel. “Some of you will not, not yet.” He said, indicating Brett. “But all of you have a very important role to play.”

“Sounds good so far.” Liam said, nodding. “Especially the part where we’re not hurting people. I’m kind of against that.”

“Understandable. To do something like this, we need a lot of luck on our side. People think of Weapon X in a bad way, we need to change that. So, we need to have someone very lucky, helping us.” Noah said. He opened the folder and held up the picture that it contained. “We need one more member.”

“Who is that?” Daniel asked, intrigued.

“Her name is Madalyn Wilder. Born in Berlin, Germany, she is the physical embodiment of luck, if there ever was one. Folks, you’re going to go recruit this woman, codename: Domino.”
peayitforward

Post by peayitforward »

“This will be a good chance to see how Mr. Turner performs in the field, and how well Mr. Han can run point.” Noah said, and Chloe nodded. “Whatever intel you need, I’ll be passing along to Ms. Pullman.” He added, and started to walk away.

“Wait, Mr. Hirsch?” Liam asked, stepping forward. The large man caught up to the Director and reached out, touching the other’s shoulder. “I was wondering if I could speak to you for a moment, in private.” He said.

“Of course.” Noah said, and the two took a few more steps. “I know we haven’t had a chance to formally introduce ourselves, but the Domino situation is rather important.”

“I understand that. But I wanted to talk to you about the particulars of what was going on when Daniel found me.”

“If you’re asking me whether or not I think you killed that Senator, I don’t.” Noah replied, with a firm smile. “If I had thought that you had, you wouldn’t be here, believe me. I want people that I can trust to do what’s right, not rampant murderers and killers.”

“It’s not that.” Liam said, shaking his head. “Do you know why I was there?” He asked, and Noah nodded. “I heard that Hellfire had a working relationship or at least shared information once or twice with Weapon X.”

“That’s true. We gave them some…valuable biological material, not too long ago.” Noah said. “I understand that you used to work freelance, but mainly for them. You don’t anymore. Our actions will bring us into conflict with them, sooner or later.” Noah added, then stopped. “I hope that that won’t be an issue?” He asked.

“Considering they had one of their agents inject me with a nerve toxin, left me for dead, and tried to pin a murder on me that I didn’t commit? No, it won’t be an issue.” The Native American man said, with a grimace.

“Good, that’s what I wanted to hear.” Noah said with a smile. He clapped Liam on the shoulder. “Get Domino. When you get back there’s a lot that I want to talk to you about, when it comes to the Hellfire Club and their mutant activities.”
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Berlin, Germany

The pounding sound of the nightclub was an assault on the ears. But for Daenelle Wilder, the noise wasn’t that bad. It helped her focus, keep her wits about her. That was important, always important when she was building information for a job. She knew who her target was, but she needed to find out more information. Her contact hadn’t been that informative. Her normally long, dark brown hair was dyed black and was up. The dress that she wore was suggestive, but not as much as some worn by other patrons of this establishment. The EDM music scene wasn’t something that interested Daenelle, but she was willing to put up with it, for a seventy five thousand Euro contract. That was good money.

As she moved through the crowd that made up the dance floor, she squeezed through the gaps that were made available to her, thanks to her mutant powers. She wanted to find a way to the back, and she was actively trying to, so people moved out of the way, as if luck was on her side. But then again, luck was on her side.

Daenelle Wilder went by the codename of Domino. She had for a number of years when she had been working for Weapon X, the first iteration of the organization after the Chrell Invasion. She had left the group, and the organization, at great cost, but it had been worth it. Freelancing had its pros and it had its cons, but it afforded her a level of independence that was very important to her. Walking out of the crowd, she found herself in one of the sectioned off areas of the club.

Grabbing a few of the bottles of champagne, she tossed them into a bucket of ice. Everything was better with a few sparklers and Daenelle added them in. Stepping out of the room, she now looked like one of the girls who worked in the club, her intention all along. It didn’t take her that long to get to the cordoned off area where her mark was, and now with the bottles, there was no reason why she wouldn’t be given access.

Soon, she had set the bottles down, and had planted her listening devices. These were old Weapon X make, and were designed to tune out certain frequencies as well as kill ambient noise. Furthermore, they were also drones, having the ability to crawl along the ground in order to reach a target, or to stay in the target’s vicinity. She’d get all the information she needed.

Thank goodness for Wallace Keats.

Daenelle was headed out of the club, when a hand reached out and grabbed her wrist. She was yanked backwards a step, as her eyes widened. Turning, she looked up into the eyes of a man, who wore an easy smile on his face.

“Can I help you?” She asked, raising an eyebrow.
Foxx
Secret Squirrel

Post by Foxx »

“Actually, you might be able to.” Daniel said, pulling her closer to him, so he didn’t have to yell that loudly. “You know a guy named Noah Hirsch?” He asked. “He’d like to have a word with you.”

Daenelle laughed. “So they gave Noah the keys to the kingdom? Makes sense. He was the only guy in the old operation that had a good head on his shoulders.” She said. She started walking into the crowd, forcing Daniel to follow her.

He understood the tactic. She wanted to get into the crowd so that she could disappear easily. So he held on to her wrist as she walked, and she pulled him along with her. Soon they were on the dance floor, and she turned away from him, beginning to dance. “What does Noah want?” She asked.

“He wants you to rejoin.” Daniel said.

Daenelle nodded. “I recognize your face. Don’t know your name though. You’re one of the Chinese’ best agents. Now you’re with Weapon X?” She asked and Daniel nodded. “Who recruited you.”

“Chloe Pullman.” Daniel said and Daenelle laughed again.

“Really?” She asked, turning towards him, and breaking the hold he had on her wrist. In order to let him get it back, she took a step in, offering her hips and his hands found placement there. “If he’s sending analysts into the field, then he’s more desperate than I thought.” Domino turned once more and she smiled. “Is she here too?” She asked.

“Don’t worry about who is here. The question is whether or not you’re going to come with us.” He said. He was starting to get annoyed with her, especially with the dismissive way that she was talking about Chloe. Yes, Pullman was an analyst, but she had been good in the field, from everything that he had seen so far. Daenelle probably knew Pullman better than he did, but from what he had seen, Pullman was decently qualified. Considering Pullman’s skill set didn’t turn her into the embodiment of luck, as Noah had called Daenelle, it wasn’t a fair assessment for her to make of Chloe.

“I’ll think about it, honey, I will.” Daenelle said, taking a step away from him, but Daniel responded by pulling, and she was soon flush against him again. “Sweetie, don’t get too frisky on the first date. I don’t even know your name, remember?” She asked.

“It’s Daniel.” He replied. “By the way, we’ve been tracing the bug that you put on your target’s champagne bucket.” He said. “If we could do it, I wonder if they could too.” He said.

“What makes you say that?” She asked, turning and looking over her shoulder at him.

“Because there are three armed guys coming towards us right now.”
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

That was decidedly unlucky. Daenelle’s head twisted back and she saw that Daniel was indeed telling the truth. “Shit.” She said. “Well that’s just…” She said, trailing off. Turning she started to run, before realizing that Daniel was holding on to her wrist. Without bothering to try to make him let go, Daenelle continued to move, weaving through the crowd and dragging him with her. It didn’t make sense for her to try to plot a route through the crowd; she knew that if she just started moving, then everything would fall into place for her. It always did. Sure enough, a path was made, and she deftly navigated the sea of bodies, Daniel still holding on.

They emerged out of the club, and onto the street, where there were people milling about. Some couples were making out, other people were smoking, and still some others were holding conversation. Nothing but your average outside of a club scene.

Daenelle heard an audible click and felt the barrel of a pistol placed against her head, as Daniel pushed, and she also felt the wall of the club rap against her back. They were on the blind side of the door.

She sighed, and closed her eyes. “Didn’t Noah tell you that guns wouldn’t work?” She asked.

“He did.” Daniel said, as Chloe came around the corner, her eyes looking for the two of them. “But see, it was Chloe, the useless analyst according to you, who told me the real secret. Your powers only work if you’re actively trying to do something.” He said. “I can throw you to the wolves right now, and you’ve got nothing to defend yourself with.”

“Of course I…do.” She said, and realized what he meant, as he tossed her SIG-Sauer P228 to Chloe. “I didn’t think to bring my back up.”

“I know, I checked.” He said. “You are a good dancer though.”

The door opened.

“Make a decision.” He said.

“Fine.” Daenelle replied and reached up, pulling his head down and kissing him hard.
peayitforward

Post by peayitforward »

Chloe’s eyes bugged.

Well, this was the Daenelle that she remembered. All of her actions thus far fit the profile of what Chloe knew about the woman. Reckless and impulsive, because she knew she could be. But that didn’t mean she could just start making out with other agents. It was kind of a drastic tactic, when you thought about it, wasn’t it? Chloe reacted by leaning against the wall, next to the two of them and reaching out to the person nearest her, for the cigarette that they were smoking. The person, a drunk clubber, handed her the cigarette without thinking and Chloe took a long drag.

She coughed, handing it back to the person.

Chloe hated cigarettes.

Turning back, she saw that the armed guys had passed. “Everything’s over, you can stop trying to swallow his face, Wilder.” Chloe said.

“Chloe! I missed you.” Daenelle replied, breaking the kiss. “How have you been?” She asked.

“Fine.” Chloe said, and held the P228 against Madalyn’s stomach. “Now, are you coming with us or not?” She asked. “Doesn’t look like you’re going to make this contract.”
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

“Taylor Renssalier is going to be pissed at me for this.” Domino said. She sighed. “Look, if I come back to Weapon X, I want to be able to leave and do what I want, when I want to.” She said.

“That’s something you’ll have to discuss with Noah.” Chloe replied and Domino laughed.

“No, sweetie. I want your word that you’ll fight for it.”

Chloe shook her head and looked away. She knew what Wilder was doing, baiting her, due to Chloe’s beliefs on Weapon X and the good that it could do. She understood that Domino meant that she would just be using Weapon X for information and protection for her job as a bounty hunter, and that was it.

“Fine.” She said, gritting her teeth. “Let’s get the hell out of this place.” She said, looking at Daniel.

“Agreed.” He said, and tried to step away from Domino, who held him in place.

“You are a good kisser.” She said, and leaned up, giving him another kiss, this one much quicker. “I want to know more about you, Mr. Han.”
peayitforward

Post by peayitforward »

“What was that about?” Daniel asked, dropping into the seat next to Chloe. When she looked at him, feigning misunderstanding, he shook his head. “Come on, we both know what I’m talking about. What was all that about with you and Domino?” He asked.

“Nothing.” She said. His eyes continued to stay on hers and she frowned, waving a hand up in the air. “Seriously, it’s nothing. She and I just rub each other the wrong way.” Chloe said. “Nothing too important, our styles don’t mesh. She has a power that helps her in almost any situation. It’s impossible to get the drop on her. As a result, she has a tendency to act very reckless.”

He nodded, adjusting himself in his seat on the plane. They were currently on a Weapon X aircraft, flying back to Green Bay, Wisconsin. Domino was talking to Liam, the two were getting to know each other. Chloe had opted for the part of the plane that was farthest away from Domino. She had her computer up and running and had been typing away at a report for Director Hirsch, when Daniel had joined her.

“It’s understandable, in a way. I’m decidedly less cautious now than I was before I got the formula that gave me my healing factor. It’s one thing to be able to absorb impacts. It’s something else to know that you can heal from almost anything.” He said.

“Almost anything?” She asked, eyeing him.

“Well, you cut my arm off, I’ll have a tough time with that.” Daniel said with a flash of a smile.

“That’s not what I’m talking about.” Chloe said. “Why were you in Istanbul?” She asked.

“You know why.” He said with a frown. “To get away from the Chinese.”

“But why Istanbul? You said yourself that you didn’t know that much about the place, and that you’d never really been there. That you didn’t have any safehouses or any assets that would benefit you.” She said, pushing the issue. “So why Istanbul?”

His face changed. “My reply to you remains the same.” He said.

“Because of Feyza Avci?” She asked, and after a few clicks, turned her computer towards him, showing him a picture of the woman. “What’s the story about her?” She asked.
Foxx
Secret Squirrel

Post by Foxx »

Daniel paused. He hadn’t heard that name in quite some time. Literally, it had been years. However, he knew the name very well. He never heard it because only he said it, in his head. The pause was visible and audible in the conversation that they were having, and he knew that he needed to come up with something in order to cover for it. Deciding that going with a disarming smile would work pretty well, Daniel turned and smiled at Chloe. She wasn’t having any of it.

“What do you know about her?” He asked.

“Not too much.” Chloe admitted. “From everything that Weapon X has, she works for the Turkish government, for their foreign intelligence service. There are a number of cover names and aliases attributed to her. She’s supposed to have a decent amount of tradecraft under her belt. You two run afoul of each other?” She asked.

“You could say something like that.” Daniel replied, and signaled for her to wait for a moment. He rose and walked over to the bar on the plane. As the ice cubes started to melt in the glass, Daniel poured a healthy amount of vodka over them. Coming back to the seat, he saw, with a sigh, that she was waiting for him to continue telling her what had happened. “It’s not a big story, not some spy thriller kind of thing. Nothing that would be in one of those Jason Bourne movies. We met and worked together on a number of different operations. Some with the consent of our respective governments, others without. Many of them, without. We were a good team, and we got the job done. But someone on her side figured out what was going on.” He said.

“That’s never good.” Chloe said, studying his face.

It was an expressive face, when he allowed it to be. At the moment, there was more than a little hint of sadness in the features. His gaze was outwards, looking down at the bar. With a shrug, his eyes flitted back to hers. “No, it wasn’t. One of the higher ups, he basically set up a sting operation, and a few members of her family were the leverage on her. She had to make a choice, me or her family members.” He said, and took another sip from his vodka. “She chose her family members.”

“Ouch. That’s a tough decision to make.”

“I don’t blame her for the choice she made. She was between a rock and a hard place.” He said. “I haven’t seen her since then.” He added, finishing the drink.

“I…I didn’t mean to pry.” She replied, shaking her head, but he cut her off with a short laugh.

“Yes, you did. But it’s okay. I won’t hold it against you. I mean, you’re an analyst, it makes sense that you’d be curious about things, and you can’t make decisions unless you know a lot of the variables, right? My past is a big variable.” Daniel said, and stretched out, closing his eyes. “If it’s not too much trouble though, I’d like to grab a nap.”
peayitforward

Post by peayitforward »

“Well, well, well. They really did put you in charge of this place.”

“I appreciate your humor.” Noah said with a smirk, as he looked at Domino who was walking towards him.

The team had landed and everyone was back in the Weapon X headquarters, in Green Bay. They were in the main briefing room, and there was a big horseshoe shaped table that had a lot of chairs. Noah was in one of the chairs, lounging comfortably. Domino stopped just before him and gave him a smile of her own.

“So what are we going to do this time, Noah?” She asked. “We’re going to experiment on little kids again?” She asked.

Daniel’s eyes changed and he looked at Chloe who shook her head.

“No, we’re not doing anything like that. The last Director was...asked to turn in his resignation.” Noah said. “Truth be told, I have no idea where he is.” He said. “But that’s not the point. The point is that we are not doing things the old way.”

“Well, Keyboard and Mr. Han over there extended me your invitation to join Weapon X. There’s something that you and I need to talk about though, before I say yes.” She said. “I want to still be able to take contracts. It’s nothing personal, but I’ve had enough bad experiences with this place to know that I want to stay freelance as much as possible.”

Noah nodded as he considered what she said. “It goes against what I’d like, obviously, but it’s not something that I can really say no to. As long as you understand that when it comes to a job, if it conflicts with something that we’re doing or a target that we’re going after, then Weapon X comes first.” He said. “If you can agree to that, then fine.”

She smiled and extended her hand. “Sounds like a plan, Hirsch.”
peayitforward

Post by peayitforward »

Liam Turner was in the weight room, listening to music as he set another two plates on the bar. Sliding back underneath, he went back to working on his bench press. His excessive amount of strength, due to his mutation, meant that ordinary workout equipment wouldn’t do anything for him. However, a gym in Weapon X was no ordinary gym. Each plate that he was loading onto the bar weighed a ton, literally. They’d contracted from Shaw Industries a series of weights that were designed specifically for people with powers.

He was halfway through his set, when he happened to look out of the corner of his eye. Bobbling the weight, Liam managed to keep it up in the air. He turned and stared daggers at Wallace Keats, who had popped up, and was sitting cross legged next to the bench and was staring right back at him. The man had a pen dangling out of his mouth, a note book in his hand.

Once he was sure that his heart had stopped racing due to the scare, Liam racked the weights.

“What the hell are you doing?” He asked Wallace, ripping the earbuds out.

“I’m studying you. As if you were a wild gazelle. Run free, gazelle.” Wallace said, using his hands to gesture Liam onwards.

“You’re insane.”

Wallace’s eyes lit up and he half fell backwards. “We’re all insane, never forget that. Some of us are just more interesting at it than others.” He said in reply and got up in a huff. “Gazelle, I’m going to be your best friend. Like the kind who wakes you up by throwing an duct taped air horn into your room at four fifty two in the morning.” He said. He started to walk backwards, his eyes on Liam. “Fear me!” He said, before turning and breaking into a run out of the Weapon X gym.

Liam stared.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Noah Hirsch’s office doors opened and Chloe Pullman walked in. He was looking over a series of budget papers and the only thing that changed was his eyes, lifting up to look at her. “Everyone’s ready in the meeting room?” He asked, and she nodded. “Alright then.” He rose from his desk and walked around it, going with her out of the room and down the hall.

They had assembled the team that he had wanted to build, out of the free agents available in the market. He had every aspect that he had been looking for, with the exception of a teleporter. But teleporters, those were hard to find. Very, very hard to find, and hard to track down, which was ironic. A teleporter was something that he would stay on the look out for. Outside of having a method of quick extraction for the team, they had everything.

He walked into the room and took stock.

They had Daniel Han, a man with extensive field experience and a credible background. A born leader, he had been in charge of multiple operations and could be the field leader that Noah was looking for. He had charisma, and could make people listen to him through his words. That was one of the things that Noah had looked for when he had been scoping around the world for members to this new Weapon X. Everyone had been recruited in specific order.

Then there was Liam Turner, known in some circles as Warpath. A Native American, Warpath brought an immense amount of strength to the team, and was definitely the physical strong man of the Weapon X team.

Next, there was Chloe Pullman. She was already a part of Weapon X. Chloe was dedicated to the Weapon X cause and was the team’s moral leader and guiding compass. More importantly than that, tactically speaking, Chloe was a telepath and telekinetic. She could reach into someone’s mind and change his or her thought process, and meld it with the desired objective. That was a powerful skill. What made her even more valuable was her powers over empathy, to be able to manipulate someone’s very emotional levels.

Last, but certainly not least, Domino was once again a part of Weapon X. Recruiting everyone in the order that they had been brought in for specific reasons, all of it had been to make Domino comfortable. Acquiring her, or realistically, re-acquiring her, had been one of Noah’s primary goals from the beginning. She was the goddess of luck, the physical embodiment of it. It was incredibly hard to take her down, and all things considered, she could take an enemy out before they had the ability to strike at her.

With Wallace Keats as the team’s technician, and Brett Foster as a future member of the team they were set up very well. They were rooted in the present and looking to the future.

“Alright, let’s begin.” He said, and looked at Chloe.
peayitforward

Post by peayitforward »

“We have reports of a mutant who has been attacking people in North Carolina.” She said. “We’ve received requests from the state government to step in and capture the mutant, before any more damage is done. So far, no one has been killed, but multiple people are in the hospital.” Chloe reached over and pressed a button on a laptop.

Images appeared on the projector screen. Damage could be seen all around the small town, with multiple buildings destroyed.

“Property damage has been totaled to be in the hundreds of thousands, but we want to get in there before the damage includes human lives, which can’t be totaled.” She said.

“Sure it can. My going rate is-“ Domino said, but saw the look from Noah. She held her hands up. “Just pointing it out, Hirschie.” She said. “Sorry, my little Tangerine blossom, continue.” She said.

Chloe pushed the glasses up a bit further up on her nose, and saw the amused look on Daniel’s face. She glowered for a moment, but composed herself and continued. “The plan is simple, we’re going to drop in and neutralize the target.” She said. “No killing.” She added, looking at Domino.

“What information do we have on the target?” Daniel asked, and Liam nodded.

“Can’t know who we’re looking for, if we don’t know who we’re looking for.”

“Stoic, I like it.” Daniel said, looking over at Liam, who smiled.

“That’s part of the problem.” Noah said. “We’re dealing with a speedster.”
Foxx
Secret Squirrel

Post by Foxx »

In his time in service to the Chinese government, Daniel had dealt with a decent number of super powered beings. More than once, he had been forced to directly fight against mutants as well. Just as he could be unpredictable, so could they. You didn’t always have to be trained in order to do damage, if you had something as simple as a base mutant power. It was one of the reasons why Daniel had been willing to listen to Chloe’s pitch. Some of these people needed help, and they were just scared. He had the ability to help them, and he could work within the government to do so.

“Speedster.” He said, tapping the desk with his pen. “That could be difficult.” He added, looking at Noah.

“We didn’t recruit this team for the simple walks in the park.” Noah said. “I have non Homo Superior people for that, thanks.”

“No one has been able to get a good look at this person in order to identify him. At the same time, no camera equipment has been able to identify him either. He’s moving faster than the level of frame by frame breakdown available in the area.” Chloe said.

“I could help.” Brett said, and a few of the people turned and looked at her. “Yeah, my powers are based around time, so I could slow things down so that he could be stopped.” She said. “I know I’m not supposed to be in the field or anything like that, but it’s an option.”

Noah nodded. “We’ll keep it in reserve. I’d like to avoid putting you in the field, just yet, until Agent Han and Domino are able to work out a training regimen for you. So consider plans that don’t involve putting Brett Foster in the field.” He said. “Dismissed.”
Ninzi

Post by Ninzi »

“So I might have built something that could totally help you guys.” Wallace said, running after the team as they walked through the hallways.

Chloe closed her eyes. “Please don’t tell me you came up with some foam spray that can stop the speedster.”

“That…that would actually be kind of cool.”

“Yes, but then he can use a foam spray that can stop us whenever he wants to. You haven’t lived her long enough to know about Wallace and his practical jokes.” Chloe said, looking over her shoulder first at Brett and then at Wallace, who smiled innocently and waved.

“I made a plane.” Wallace said and then clapped a hand over his mouth, when the team stopped and turned to look at him. “I made a plane, last night, you guys.” He said, between his teeth, before he started chewing on his fingers slightly, as if he could eat his way through the barrier that was partially preventing him from speaking.

“You built a plane?” Daniel asked, walking up to Wallace. “I don’t understand. It’s impossible to build a plane overnight.” He said.

“Daniel No Middle Name Han, we are in the middle of a facility dedicated to the magical, the wonderful, the miraculous.” Wallace said. “Don’t you tell me what’s impossible.” He said, and then paused. “If I make a time machine, would you be my Marty McFly?” He asked. “I would ask you to be my Short Round, but they don’t let me outside, and I’m not insane so I can’t be Indiana Jones.”

“I think you’re confusing parts of those movies.” Brett said.

“Speaking of the impossible, consider Brett Foster.” He said, reaching out and grabbing some of Brett’s hair and lifting it upwards. “This beautiful little delicate creature can slow down time around her. I could have used her to slow down time and took a year to build my plane, but it was really overnight.” He said. “I could have done it and she wouldn’t even have known it.”

Chloe reached out and grabbed Brett’s arm, pulling the high schooler towards her. “Wallace, enough. Take us to your damn plane, and take your meds.”

He nodded, putting his hands up. “In that order, or dealer’s choice?” He asked.
Ninzified lol.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Domino sat on the plane, her legs crossed, as she looked at her cell phone. She had turned down a few available jobs in order to let Noah have his fun. Despite how much it was annoying Chloe, Domino knew that the other woman had to admit that Wallace had built a pretty interesting aircraft, even if he had no idea how he had made it and how it properly worked. He had asked to take it apart and rebuild it before they left, but that was going to have to wait. They needed to be airborne and moving.

Chloe was sitting near her, her computer up and running. Chloe was facing her, as the seats were arranged in two sets of four, with the four seat sections facing each other and the aisle separating the two sections. Pullman was in the other section across the aisle, working on God only knew on her computer. She was an analyst and there were always more reports to finish and file. It was one of the reasons why Domino hated paperwork and preferred fieldwork. There was always more paperwork to deal with. But you put a bullet in someone’s face and it tended to solve the problems right then and there.

Made things simpler, as far as she was concerned.

Domino put her phone on standby and spoke. “So, what’s the deal with you and Han?” She asked.

Chloe’s eyes fluttered up, the question throwing her for a loop. “What are you talking about now, Wilder?” She asked.

“I see the way you look at him.” Daenelle replied. “It’s kind of cute, in like a puppy way.” She said, and Chloe shook her head, her face changing to one of extreme annoyance. “Hey, you need me, kid, not the other way around.” She said, leaning back in her seat, and stretching out. “Remember that.”

“If I were to shoot you right now-“

“I’d dodge it.” Domino replied, her eyes closed. “Though, if you could pull a gun on me, and have the safety properly off, and squeeze the trigger, I might let you hit me, depending on where, of course.” She said, and her eyes opened. “You may be Noah’s little Tangerine, but I remember what happened the last time you and I were in the field together. You’re an analyst, Chloe; please don’t forget your strengths. Stick to those strengths.”

“Am I interrupting something?” A voice asked, and the two women looked up at the hulking figure of Liam Turner walking into the cabin, a duffel bag in his hands.

“Not at all.” Chloe said, looking down at her computer. “Domino here was just shutting the hell up.”

“Actually, I was planning on changing the direction of this conversation and talking to you.” Daenelle said, looking at Liam as he dropped into a seat across from Chloe. “What’s your story?” She asked. “Everyone’s got one. You’re way too quiet. Share with the class, or I’ll have to pry it out of Pullman.”
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

"I don't really have a story." Liam said, looking to the side at Daenelle.

"Everyone has a story." Domino replied, as Daniel and Brett got onto the plane and took their seats. "I think you should share, Liam." She said, as Daniel walked over and sat down across from Domino, earning a quick sidelong look from Chloe. "Well, go on." She said.

Liam smiled and shrugged. "I was born in Bisbee, in Arizona. I developed my mutant powers when I was in high school. They kicked me off the football team because I could hit too hard." He said. "My folks didn't have a lot of money, and without the chances of a sports scholarship, I was kind of done, you know? I picked up odd jobs and when I was nineteen, twenty, I moved to Los Angeles." He said. "Kind of got into the wrong crowds. One of the times I got picked up and arrested, I guess my case got a little notoriety because I was a mutant. Some lawyer came to see me and got me out."

"A lawyer?" Chloe asked.

"His name was Paul Heyman." Liam said. "He introduced me to the Hellfire Club, who was looking for mutants to work as muscle. They took me to this place called the Facility to see exactly what I could do."

"You've seen the Facility?" Chloe asked, with a look that mirrored Daenelle's own.

Liam nodded. "I've been there, I lived there for a little while. I started talking to Noah about it, I figured it would be something he'd be interested in."

Chloe gave Liam a big smile. "Our files on the Facility are rather thread bare, even with the somewhat working relationship we've had with the Club." She said, as the engines on the jet started up. "I'd love to be able to talk to you about it, when we get back." She said and Liam shrugged and nodded.

"There goes Pullman's mousey analyst mind. So eager to gobble up all the information." Daenelle said with a smirk.
Foxx
Secret Squirrel

Post by Foxx »

"There's nothing wrong with that." Daniel said, giving Daenelle a look before turning to Chloe and giving her a small smile. "Everyone has their strengths, everyone has their weaknesses. Chloe's strength is her mind. She uses it well." He added.

"That's about her only strength." Daenelle replied.

"Look what it did for us though." Daniel said, pointedly ignoring the woman's jabs. "Her actions helped get me out of Turkey without incident when the Chinese government was after me." He said.

"I don't doubt that you had a hand in sending Han over here down to Mexico to help bail me out." Liam said, and the large man gave Chloe an appreciative smile. "I never did thank you for that, I don't think." He said and Chloe waved him off.

She looked down at the ground, trying to hide her own smile, as Daenelle was put in her place.

"All I'm saying is that we're going to have to work together." Daniel said. "We shouldn't be sniping amongst ourselves." He said, looking at Daenelle for her response.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

"I suppose you're right." Daenelle said and looked at Chloe. "I apologize for what I said before, Tangerine. You're a valuable member of this team and I should treat you that way." She said.

Chloe raised an eyebrow. "Yeah it doesn't feel right. I kind of almost just want her to keep the sniping."

Daeny pointed. "She said it, not me."

Han just shook his head. "Fine, whatever." he said, leaning back in the leather of the jet's seats. "When you two can't stand each other go complain to Liam." He said. When Liam shook his head as well and closed his eyes, pointing back at Daniel, Han laughed. "We'll send you to Wallace and you can explain your issues to him."

"Dear God, no." Chloe said, grimacing. She turned to Liam. "Thanks for sharing the story with us. We've known about Paul Heyman for a while. He's a very powerful attorney in New York and he has ties to a lot of different organizations. We know he works for the Hellfire Club, but we didn't know he was connected to the Facility." She said.

"Once we get back, I'd like to talk to you and Noah about the Hellfire Club. There are somethings going on there that shouldn't be." He said.

Daenelle shook her head. "It's a private organization that doesn't hurt anyone. Why would it be our concern?" She asked.

Liam's eyes hardened slightly. "One of their agents left me for dead in Mexico, pinning the deaths of a local senator and his family on me after I refused, on a previous job, to kill little kids. They do a lot to hurt people when the people don't agree with them."

"They've never burned me in the past." Domino replied. "I've worked for them before. Liam, you know the deal with contracts. Don't take the job if you can't pull the trigger." She said.

Silence hovered in the plane, as the others realized the implication of what she'd said.
Foxx
Secret Squirrel

Post by Foxx »

He’d almost had it with Daenelle’s abrasive personality. But he knew that he was supposed to be the leader of the group and he had to find a way to get everyone to work together. Daniel knew that this was one of those moments that he had to use to make the team more cohesive. He had worked with teams that hadn’t been able to find that groove, and even if they accomplished tasks set in front of them, they weren’t as efficient as they could be.

“Everyone’s had tough decisions put in front of them by assignments.” He said, looking over at Liam. “Everyone has to make those choices. Thankfully, we’re beyond that now.” He said.

“I don’t think you know what you signed up for.” Domino replied. “After all, this is Weapon X. Not exactly famous for giving people easy situations.” She said.

“Weapon X is different now.” Chloe said, but Daenelle shook her head.

“You say that. Noah says that. But so far I haven’t seen much of a difference.” Domino said. “I’m not trying to be combative.” She said and put her hands up in the air when Daniel gave her a look. “Really, I’m not. I’m pointing out the obvious. Yes, we’re not going in to kill, but we have no idea what Noah is planning on doing with this mutant once we neutralize him.” She said.

“Let’s get this done first, and we can worry about the rest.” Chloe said, as Daniel’s eyes turned towards her.

“We should be there soon.” He said.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Daenelle stretched her legs as she stood on the runway. The rest of the team was coming down the ladder, but she had been the closest to the door and she breathed in North Carolina air. Great place, North Carolina. It didn’t seem like it, but she’d gotten more than a few jobs in this state. Nothing like the South’s favorable gun laws allowing her more leeway to work. She turned to Daniel. “Welcome to North Carolina, my Commie friend.”

He gave her a sarcastic smile in response and she grinned. “At least you get to decide when your heat comes on now, not the government. You could be a little grateful for what Tangie did for you.”

“I am grateful.” He replied. “To her.”

“Lighten up. So where are we headed?” She asked. “We have some kind of place to operate out of?” Dany asked Chloe who nodded as a pair of black Suburbans came barreling down the runway towards them. “Black and black. And you said Weapon X was different now, you silly goose.”

Liam rolled his eyes as the cars came to a stop and the group started walking towards them. They all got in and made the short drive from the airport to a Weapon X safe house in Raleigh. The small town was just outside of Raleigh and they were going to be headed there as soon as they got the most current situation brief, something that Chloe was going over with one of the agents in that office. Daniel looked around the small seven room operation. It wasn’t flashy, more functional than anything. He didn’t expect that anything in North Carolina warranted that much of a presence, so he wasn’t that surprised by the field office, or lack thereof.

They had everything they needed and nothing they didn’t.

“This more your style than the base in Green Bay?” Daenelle asked him, watching him look everything over.

“Something like that.” He said with a shrug. “They’ve got the essentials, which are…” He trailed off as his gaze moved elsewhere, past her.

“Essential.” Dany said, finishing for him. She turned, her eyes following what he was looking at.

Chloe was in the briefing room, which had glass walls, and she was watching footage of the speedster, or what footage they were able to get. The video was blurry, but the damage the person was causing was not. Suffice to say, this person had created a hell of an impact here in North Carolina, and they needed some kind of response to what he was doing. The local police and state police were already overwhelmed. “That doesn’t look good.” Domino said, taking a step forward.

“No, it doesn’t.” Daniel stated, coming up next to her.

“You’re right about that.” Liam added from where he was sitting at a desk, chair turned outwards to the rest of the office room. “I don’t envy the guy who has to come up with a plan to take that speedster out.” He said, and Daniel turned and looked at him, giving him a smirk. “Oh wait, it’s you.” Liam added with a grin.

"Thanks, jackass." Daniel replied.
Foxx
Secret Squirrel

Post by Foxx »

Daniel opened the glass door and stepped into the briefing room. He made eye contact with Chloe when she turned to see who had stepped into the room.

“Have you ever dealt with a speedster before?” Chloe asked and he shook his head. “I was hoping you had.” She added as she turned back to the screens. “I’m not sure what we should do, what we can do.”

“She may be a kid, but I really wish we had brought Brett with us.” Daniel replied. He turned and crooked his finger, indicating that Liam and Daenelle should join them. The two came into the briefing room, grabbing seats at the large table that took up most of the space in the room.

“We don’t know where the speedster lives, it’s nigh impossible to track him.” The agent who had been briefing Chloe said. “The top speed we’ve clocked him at is around four hundred miles per hour.” He said as the footage shifted to show the speedster knocking out the entire police force almost instantly.

Daniel steepled his fingers together, bringing his hands up to his mouth. The problem was that the could not set a trap for this man without exposing themselves and at the same time, they could not directly confront him. “Any ideas?” He asked. “Might as well make this a democracy now.”
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

“Killing him is out of the question?” Domino asked, raising her hand. Daniel gave her a look. “Just figured I’d ask.”

“If we can find a way to kill him, with none of us being able to move as fast as he can, I’m pretty sure we can find a way to subdue him.” Chloe said. “This isn’t a matter of strength it’s a matter of intelligence.” She added.

“Well, Domino here can avoid him.” Liam said, pointing at Daeny. “That’s got to count for something.” He said.

Daniel nodded and turned to look at Domino, who was shaking her head. “But there are limits to what you can do, I’m guessing.”

She smirked. “I’m magical. But there are limits, yeah. I mean, I can avoid him for a little bit, but I still have to be able to match speed with him. He’s going to be able to move faster than me, and he’s going to be able to hit me from an angle that I don’t see coming.” She said, lifting her hands. “If I can’t see it coming, I can’t avoid it.” Daenelle stated, clapping her hands together.

Daniel turned to Chloe now. “We don’t need Domino to take him out. We need her to distract him.”

“He stops to deal with her, and we pounce.” She said. “But we’re going to need something that can stop him once we do. That’s where I’m not sure what to do.’
peayitforward

Post by peayitforward »

Liam closed his eyes, trying to think of something that could help. This wasn’t really his specialty. He could find ways to kill people or incapacitate them, but he didn’t really interact with mutants in his line of work. Things were changing though and he had to be able to think on his feet if he was going to be able to contribute the team. That was something he really wanted to do. After all, Weapon X had gotten him out of the bind that that woman Marrow and the Hellfire Club had gotten him into.

He snapped his fingers. “What about….” He said, trailing off. “I’m trying to remember what it is.” He said. “It’s a….a..foam that can trap things.”

“Like an insulating foam?” Domino asked and Liam nodded.

“Right like that.” He said turning and looking at Daniel. “That could work, couldn’t it?” He asked. “We spray it at his feet and it traps him, solidifies. Before he gets himself free, we knock him out and bag him.” He said.

Chloe smiled. “That might actually work.” She turned to Daniel. "What do you think? Would it work?"
Foxx
Secret Squirrel

Post by Foxx »

“I think it’s worth a shot. I think it’s the best shot we’ve got.” Daniel said, turning to Liam at the tail end of the sentence. “We’ve got to try and we’ve got to hope we can improvise should this go south.” He turned to the rest of the team. “Get whatever equipment you think you’ll need. Chloe, I need you to get that insulating foam.” He said and she nodded. “We’re going to be wheels up in twenty minutes.”

He headed out of the briefing room and made his way back outside of the building. Standing there, Daniel took a few deep breathes in and out as he moved through his thoughts. This was going to be a tough fight. A speedster could be unpredictable because you’d never see them coming. He didn’t like this.

“Hey.”

He turned to see that Chloe had stepped out and had joined him.

“Hey.” He replied.

“This seems like a bad thing for our first mission as a team.” She said with a smile. “Would have been nice to get more of a softball one.”

Daniel shrugged. “That’s the way the world works, unfortunately. Nothing I can do about that. Better we get started on something tough, I think. It’ll make everything that comes after easier.” He said. He looked down at the ground, toeing the dirt. “Do you think Domino will run?” He asked. “She’s the ace in the hole. If she bolts, we’re all screwed.”

“She joined the team voluntarily.”

“No, she joined the team after Hirsch gave in to her demands. She might still bolt.” Daniel said.
peayitforward

Post by peayitforward »

Chloe adjusted the assault rifle given to her by Daniel. She was in the van, ready and waiting to go. Sitting next to her, Daeny was waiting for Liam and Daniel, who were walking towards the van. “You know, Daniel is counting on you today.” Chloe said.

“Is that right?” Daenelle replied, looking over her shoulder at Chloe. “Does that get you all worried, Chloe?” She asked.

“A little. I know you’re fickle.”

“Well, that is how Lady Luck can be.” Daenelle said, her voice dripping with honey. “Are you counting on me today?” She asked.

“Looks like I am.”

“And how does that makeyou feel?” Domino asked.

Chloe stared at the other woman, glaring at her. “Not good. You’re an asshole.” She said, as Daniel and Liam reached the van.

“Everyone ready?” Daniel asked.

“Hope so.”
peayitforward

Post by peayitforward »

Chloe gritted her teeth, reaching up with her free hand and pressing fingers to the cut on her forehead. Her fingers came back with a little bit of blood and she looked over at Daniel, glaring at him. "This was not the best plan you've ever had."

"Speedsters are difficult. I told you I'd never dealt with one before." Daniel replied. He himself looked around. There was debris everywhere from the fight.

They had attempted to tackle the speedster exactly the way Daniel had devised. It hadn't taken them long to find him either. All they'd done was show up, pretty much. Domino had distracted him, or tried to, and Liam had sprayed the insulating foam. But the foam hadn't been strong enough to hold the speedster mutant down.

Now here they were.

"We need to figure something out." Daniel said, peeking over the wall. "What I don't understand is why doesn't he just come over here and take us out?" He asked. "He's faster than all of us."

The group was split up, all surrounding the speedster mutant. Chloe closed her eyes trying to think. "It's almost as if he's toying with us." She said.

Daniel's eyes narrowed. "He is. He is toying with us. But why?"