To Walk in the Ways of Darkness OOC

If your thread needs an OOC thread as well, put it here.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Centurio

To Walk in the Ways of Darkness OOC

Post by Archangel »

Thread is here.

I don't have a lot of plans for this yet. Just kind of seeing where it takes me at this point. But it brings back our good old friend Rethe Frettan, and introduces a new character I've been mulling over.

This will be the first time I've had a Force-using character who possesses real and frightening power... which, of course, hasn't been altogether evidenced yet. (Cf. Renato Farani, Feldar T'kappi, Kiuwo, Gideon Corey, Siaru Kualo, the Scautus Order, etc.) Comments are welcome. If anyone really, really, really wants to participate, you're also welcome to suggest ideas for interactions, etc., but for the moment, this will be a very slow-paced thread (mostly because it has no bearing on anything in the Galaxy right now and no one will be waiting on me to post), for which I will listen to Mozart's Requiem while writing each post.

It worked for the first one, anyway, even if I do say so myself.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Re: To Walk in the Ways of Darkness OOC

Post by Mir »

Like I already told you, I liked it.
Everyone knows "Pops and Junior = #Ratings"
Everyone knows "Cazzik and Mir = #Wynning"
#Valkob4Life
Centurio

Post by Archangel »

I was going to post in this today, but "Kuras" took most of my energy. I'll get back to this... um... probably next week. In-laws coming this weekend to help with packing, etc., since my wife and I have to move in the next few weeks. Wheeeeeee. :rolleyes:
Centurio

Post by Archangel »

Oh snap.

In other news, I'm considering opening this thread up to anyone who's interested in joining. The number of people surrounding Korax (his entourage, if you will) is going to continue to increase over time, so if you have a character idea who isn't a pirate, you can run it by me and we can work it in. Maybe.

I'd still like the thread to be slow-paced, and I have no intention of roleplaying from Korax' perspective directly (at least not for now), so it would be best if you bring a friend to join with you. Rethe can only be in so many places at once. (Hint: it's only one. He can only be in one place at once.) Character development is the primary name of the game with this thread. Learning things about each other, delving a little deeper, and - oh, yeah - building an army for a Dark Lord whose goals are unclear. There will be fights, quests, etc., alongside all the chatting... and there's plenty of room for development on your own if you don't feel like waiting for me (just as soon as we come up with some ideas for that).

This is a long-term storyline which may or may not ever affect the Galaxy at large. That is to say, if a lot of people get involved, then it can affect more, because people will be happier to have it around. But it's more shadowy than, say, battling the New Republic in orbit of Dac or blowing up Korriban with another Death Star. And if no one gets involved, then someday, I'll finish it all by my lonesome, and the Galaxy will be saved, and no one will be the wiser. It'll just take longer and be more boring to read that way.
Balsa is not a lie!

Post by Balsa »

I'm going to review the thread while at work today (don't tell my boss!), but right now, I'm going to say I'm interested. I'll come up with a character or something soon as I can.

I miss the DY+Sairu RPs! (How ever brief they may have been.)
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

He's a pater. Interesting.

Me wants in, so very badly.
#Valkob4Life
Balsa is not a lie!

Post by Balsa »

Going to be honest, I was disappointed when I finished reading the thread. I want more!!!

So, characters are going to be pirates, yes? Any restrictions, like no Forcers?
Centurio

Post by Archangel »

There shouldn't be any trained Forcers among the pirates. Force-sensitives are definitely allowed, though. And if you don't want a pirate, we can work that out, too.
Balsa is not a lie!

Post by Balsa »

Okay, cool. Do you have an idea of where you'd like to take the thread? I'm working on a character, but I haven't gotten any firm details yet.
Centurio

Post by Archangel »

I'll PM you.

Shall I PM you also, Mir?
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Indeed, Archiekins.
#Valkob4Life
Centurio

Post by Archangel »

I intentionally left several openings for character introductions here. Those of you to whom I have already spoken are welcome to dive in with something. If anyone else wants to join, we should talk about character ideas.

In case anyone is wondering, D'rey is a resurrected character from my very earliest days here on the board. I would link to his thread, but I already closed that tab, and you people can search the forum for "D'rey" or "Schenor" just as easily as I can.
Centurio

Post by Archangel »

Aw, snap!

On a scale of 1 to 10, how weird is it that I say, "Aw, snap!" to my own IC posts?
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Very nice.
#Valkob4Life
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht »

Holy crap.

Very nice work. You've outdone yourself. Lovely departure from how most Sith go recruitin'.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

I liked the Kuras Konnection.
#Valkob4Life
Centurio

Post by Archangel »

:oops:

Thanks, guys. :D
Balsa is not a lie!

Post by Balsa »

Siaru is in this. I must find time to read it. With no one in the office on Wednesday, I will read it then!
Centurio

Post by Archangel »

I need a slicer and/or thief and/or both and/or unattached Jedi for the Rendili portion of this thread. Those characters can then join in on the rest of the action as the thread continues, or they can go their own way once the job is done. If no one offers, of course, I'll move on without the help, but I'd love a fellow-writer in this.

There is still room for pirate characters from Firetsin's fleet being inducted into "Lugen's" cadre of followers, by the way.

PM or post with character ideas.