Project: Xen'Chi

If your thread needs an OOC thread as well, put it here.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Vox
Adenn Mirshko

Project: Xen'Chi

Post by Vox »

I realize the Xen'Chi war is over, this is not an attempt to bring them back. ;)

This is an attempt by me to...complete the story. I started the whole thing with Mark back in the day and I figured I might as well at least go back through and help finish it, on the Wiki. So over the next few weeks your going to see several new Wiki articles on the Xen'Chi and also some of those dreaded red links on the Wiki become blue. If anyone wishes to help me by finding images, pointing me toward articles that I haven't seen or touched yet or any help writing articles let me know.

I want to complete the Xen'Chi, to give them more of a presence and give them more meat. They are sort of an empty enemy if you understand what I am saying. I realize this is partially my fault therefore I am setting out to complete the job that I started.

Known Xen'Chi Wiki Articles:

Planets:
Chil'a'Chin*
Mechis III*

Xen'Chi Specific
Xen'Chi
Xen'Chi Dominion
Srraka Blade*
Xen'Chi Chosen*

Planetary Information:
Larvir*
Torat*
Eir*

Your going to notice a lot of what I do at first will be simple stuff. I plan on writing an article for the Precepts and Chosen but I need to retrieve my data on them from my laptop which is out of town with the wife at the moment.

*Articles with an asterisk are those created by myself or someone else to help complete the Wiki on the Xen'Chi.
**Thank you to Xan for the awesome job on the Srraka Blade
Last edited by Vox on Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Re: Project: Xen'Chi

Post by Mir »

I can add battle information and stuff like that for the Chosen once you get what you want up for them.

Anything else I can help with, you've got my MSN.
Everyone knows "Pops and Junior = #Ratings"
Everyone knows "Cazzik and Mir = #Wynning"
#Valkob4Life
Vox
Adenn Mirshko

Post by Vox »

Okay I need the following battle summaries please. If you can only write about what your part was that's fine. I'll piece them together:
  • Battle of Chil'a'Chin
    Battle of Coruscant
    Battle of Ord Mantell
    First Battle of Mechis III
    Battle of Fondor
    Battle of Thyferra
    Battle of Yag'Dhul
    Skirmish at Endor
    Battle of Tanaab
I want to get every ounce of information about this war because I want the Xen'Chi War to actually look like a war. Right now we have...five? battles on the Xen'Chi War wiki. There would have been a lot more.

I also need a list of every Xen'Chi who held a prominent position within the war. You don't have to go searching just give me their rank and name. And like a two sentence summary of them.

EDIT: I am editing this post to include all the battles I need to have at least some summary of. I can go from there for the post part. Give me who was involved, who died, who won and the 'losses'. What I mean by that is "Heavy NR losses, Heavy Empire losses, etc"
Last edited by Vox on Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek »

Take a look at the talk page of the Xen'Chi War. Beorht was able to archive the links to all the major events of the war: http://starwars-exodus.wikia.com/wiki/T ... %27Chi_War
When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons and make super lemons!
Vox
Adenn Mirshko

Post by Vox »

Thanks Halo. That will definitely make this project a bit easier...I just have to read through all those threads. :(
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

Halo and I worked out the majority of the Second Battle of Mechis III by ourselves (Mir was there, too.... :P), so while I don't know anything about the first battle, we can reference to that to beef up part of the Mechis III article.

And maybe find a better picture. :P
You have a right to remain silent... I hope to God you use it.
Xanamiar wrote:Cadden is a comical genius.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Oh yeah, Aeorn was. Wow.
Everyone knows "Pops and Junior = #Ratings"
Everyone knows "Cazzik and Mir = #Wynning"
#Valkob4Life
Man of Many Faces

Post by corsos »

I finally put the Xen Chi wiki thread together detailing the war itself. But I dont get into crazy details on each individual battle... this thread however, can help you Vox:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6907

This is what I organized back in the day to keep everything on the same page.

Feel free to PM me with any detailed questions, and maybe Ill remember the answer. ;)
"The goal of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the other bastard die for his." General George S. Patton

:emperor:
Vox
Adenn Mirshko

Post by Vox »

Thanks C.
I beat up Batman

Post by kashus_Draith »

Sorry to get off topic here but it will be quick. Halomek, are you going to do a compilation for the War of Darkness after it is done?
Man of Many Faces

Post by corsos »

The main Xen Chi War wiki article is accurate too - I put it together a few months ago.
"The goal of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the other bastard die for his." General George S. Patton

Vox
Adenn Mirshko

Post by Vox »

Yeah I read it. I'm just trying to get all the articles done. I'm on vacation for the next week so they'll all be done. I just wanted a summary of every battle so I can do an 'elaboration' on each battle. I'll reach each thread lightly. Any help anyone can do on this, writing a quality summary of each battle would be awesome.
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek »

kashus_Draith wrote:Sorry to get off topic here but it will be quick. Halomek, are you going to do a compilation for the War of Darkness after it is done?
I plan to, yes.
Man of Many Faces

Post by corsos »

Let me know what specific help you need...

Vox
Adenn Mirshko

Post by Vox »

Any chance I can get a list of battles the Imperials were at C? That and maybe fleet strength, or at least size (how many ships). I can do the rest.
Man of Many Faces

Post by corsos »

I never at any point got into total ship numbers at battles in the XC war...

Vox
Adenn Mirshko

Post by Vox »

Not really referring to actual ship numbers C. I can fill that in on my own. Just like...fleet size. Is the Imperial fleet comparable to the XC fleet or not type deal. Who won, who lost and why basically.
Man of Many Faces

Post by corsos »

I should be able to do that, might take a few days... or more, this is my busiest time of year...

"Certified Local Madman"

Post by Darkheyr »

I never detailed what happened with the KD and the Xen'Chi attack, since the entire thing halted somewhere before it actually got off its feet. I'll ponder that and write something up.
Vox
Adenn Mirshko

Post by Vox »

Thanks Dark. Right now I'm just waiting on those who I've contact about the various battles.

I'll be writing the templates as soon as I get basic information. Everyone can edit in what they need to I can handle all the 'details' regarding the ships that were there.
Vox
Adenn Mirshko

Post by Vox »

Looking for an update from anyone working on this with me. I'd like to have at least a list of battles to add to the Xen'Chi War main wiki by tomorrow :)
Man of Many Faces

Post by corsos »

You can pull a list of the battles off the current Wiki Vox - i think that list is pretty complete.

As for ones I was involved in directly:

1. The Campaign to take back the Core.

The main one was the Thrall Fleet of To'Barren (the transformed Imperial High Admiral Banner Ton) trying to make his way to conquer Byss in a blitzkrieg like maneuver.

Starting at Yag'dhul - To'Barren had a thrall fleet at his disposal including the following species and people (command ship Mark 2 ISD - Retribution):

Captain Co'Rex - another transformed human and high ranking subordinates - Hapan Battle Dragon Redemption (rped by Notorious)
Vice Admiral Chorn - Second in Command - Defected Chiss - Command Ship - The Icey Doom
Seneschal Visery - Commander of the Adamar - Flagship - the Defiance
Captain Tr-Beck - Ssi-Ruuk Commander

Dubbed shadow fleet - it charged down the Sanctuary Pipeline - rampaging through Bakura, Riflor, Endor, Tanaab, and engaging in its first very serious battle at Thyferra. He defeated the Imperial forces there and executed the local Moff, Traikin. The planet was under the defense responsibilities of Admiral Garm Baldin but he was not present at the battle. There were two Golans, an Imp Star 2 and some support ships. To'Barren's fleet vastly outnumbered them and used speed and aggression to win the day. (details of the battle are in this thread: viewtopic.php?t=6669 - about 35% of the way down.

To"Barren turned to Yag'Dhul were he defeated the small Imperial fleet there designed to watch Loris and the WSC. It was an unremarkable battle with the thrall fleet's numbers winning out.

The fleet the turned to Fondor, where Baldin personally commanded the Imperial forces. Using a trick of gravity mines to stop To'Barren's trap - he managed to withdraw his outnumbered fleet. At this point, not including the ships left to defend Thyferra and Yagdhul, To'Barren had about 60 ships at his disposal.

Baldin continued to withdraw up the Rimma Trade Route, leaving the planets of Mrrist, Khomm, Ghorman, Pantolomin, and Svivren abandoned. He had consolidated all his ships at Byss, waiting for To'Barren to hit him there. To'Barren sniffed out Baldin's trap, ignored orders from the Overseers, and instead went to Coruscant.

Having learned of Warmaster's Hell'Kattar's failure there - To'Barren thought to assault the Imperial Capital with his fleet - taking advantage of the damaged Imperial fleet under the direct command of Grand Admiral Thrawn. Thrawn had defeated Hell'Kattar by launching cloaked asteroids at the Xen Chi, and destroying the fleet. But it was not without great loss, the Imperial fleet still seeing significant losses.

To'Barren arrived and was poised for a victory until a completely unexpected and unpredictable event. A Super Class Star Destroyer painted black appeared in the system and did something To'Barren never quite figured out. The SSD belonged to the Sith Empire, who used their combined power to destroy the Imperial flagship, and collide it into another. Chorn tried to take command, but without To'Barren, the hybrid fleet fell into disarray and he had to withdraw. TO'Barren was killed and the last credible XC threat to the Core was gone.

Battle for Coruscant can be found here: viewtopic.php?t=6887

Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek »

Does anyone still have a version of the map that showed how far the Xen'Chi had advanced?
Vox
Adenn Mirshko

Post by Vox »

Thanks C.

I will have an update on the main XC War page tomorrow
Man of Many Faces

Post by corsos »

The Final battle thread is pretty self explanatory Vox - that should serve you well to create a summary from that.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Vox
Adenn Mirshko

Post by Vox »

Is there a timeline for the war? Like an order in which the battles took place?
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

Lol... you're asking if people here are organized, Vox? :P
Vox
Adenn Mirshko

Post by Vox »

True enough, I guess I'll just have to read and make one up as I go.
Man of Many Faces

Post by corsos »

Look at the XC wiki article - I got them in the best order I could.

Many battles are happening at the same time since there were multiple fronts during the war...

Vox
Adenn Mirshko

Post by Vox »

Appreciate it C. I'll be updating the Xen'Chi article here within the next few days. Got a request for information on the XC ground forces so I'll add all of it to the wiki.
Man of Many Faces

Post by corsos »

Please do not permanently delete the stuff that's already there - it's all accurate information.

Vox
Adenn Mirshko

Post by Vox »

I haven't been touching anything that's already there. No reason too.
This Space Available

Post by Ghost »

So is this still in the works? I mean, need help with this? Im pretty quick to compile stuff together and wouldn't mind extra stuff.
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

Remember: Vox is shipping out/has shipped out. Therefore, by default, this is in limbo until he returns.

If people have stuff to contribute, I'm sure he'll be appreciative of it upon his return.
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht »

If anyone cares, Darkheyr and I have been mentioning that the occasional rogue Xen'Chi leftover can be found at various points in the Unknown Regions, with Lugubraa thralls. We figured, why invent even more threats of the Unknown Regions, when we could just use the Xen'Chi? Some of'em have found their way to a star cluster where time travels significantly faster - X, Mir, Mandalore and I are doing a fun little thread about that.
Man of Many Faces

Post by corsos »

Cool, I I like it