Dawn of Darkness

18 years after the Battle of Yavin...
A divergent, persistent and interactive Star Wars timeline with a rich history and established characters.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Dark Lord of the Grill

Post by Cazzik »

Sadis smiled slightly. At last, the Dark Lord was interested. It had taken long enough. Clearly he was not an idiot. It would have been foolish for him to destroy the fortress, and had he discovered what lay inside after he had razed it, no doubt there would have been feelings of regret. Sadis led the way back into the fortress. The ancient castle was dark and eerie. The stones crumbled around them, yet still it had an aura of strength about it, the Dark Side was strong here. In the shadows there were many eyes watching them all. Creatures born through unnatural means.

The trek was long, for the ancient structure was quite massive. The approached large, heavy wooden doors. Sadis opened them with a wave of his hand and the group of four entered. The room was huge. It was circular, the walls completely lined with shelves. And all of the shelves were full. Sadis took a minute to stare at all of it. This was the accumulation of years of work. It was something to be proud of. He turned to the Dark Lord.
"This is it. It is sorted by many different categories; time period, subject, author. I have scriptures dating back to the original Dark Jedi who left the order and discovered the Sith species on Korriban. I have holocrons from some of the greatest Dark Lords to ever live. And this knowledge holds secrets even you may not yet know."

He walked over to one of the shelves that seemed to hold an unlimited amount of written records.
"Here is everything I have on Sith alchemy. It has become something of a passion of mine. Those creatures you saw at the front of my fortress, the Blood Wraiths. I created them. Once, they were people, humans. As you can see, that is no longer the case."
"I'd like to nominate Cazzik for the Sexiest Man on Earth 2010." --Balsa
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

Ilan summoned forth with the Force an ancient text, and received it in his hand. Upon opening it, he read:

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

A true Sith does not believe that victory by any means is desirable. Unless the victory is achieved by demonstrating that one's power is superior it is not true victory. The stronger a Sith becomes in the Force, the more power he can achieve, but he always has to be prepared to fight for that power.

The chains represent a being's restrictions; not just a Sith but any being in the universe. The ultimate goal of any Sith is to free himself from such restrictions, but not in the simplistic meaning of just being able to do whatever he wants. We desire to free ourselves in order to reach perfection and fulfill our potential. We want perfect strength, perfect power, and perfect destiny.

Ilan closed the text, and placed it on a nearby table. "If all your information is like this," he concluded, "then you will be finding yourself welcome in our order." Ilan looked over at Sirena. "And you, young one... your name?"

"Sirena," she responded, in an enticing voice. However, Ilan had prepared for his journey here, and easily resisted it.

"Cast aside your thoughts, your assumptions... I name you, now, Darth Sadis... and Darth Sirena." They already hold the formal name, he mused. They just needed the title. "You are now both Sith, and as your allegiance dictates, now members of my Brotherhood. Sadis... you will learn your secrets soon enough. But your apprentice has yet to prove herself to me. Your proof is concrete enough, but hers..." he looked at Sirena, "... one of her talents will require a different test. I will await the outcome. Darth Sirena, whatever you might need to prove your loyalty to me, just ask, and it will be given."

Besides, he thought, if I truly wanted either of you two dead, you would have never set foot inside this fortress again. "Lord Malice," Ilan continued, turning to his apprentice, "he will be wanting his lightsaber back, I'm sure." There's nothing they can do to us, Ilan realized. He needs us, just as much as we need him. I have them feeding out of the palm of my hand. Perfect. Ilan turned once again and observed the tomes of knowledge located here. It would take a long time to absorb it all, and he had been waiting several years for this moment. Perhaps, buried in these texts and holocrons, was a secret he could benefit from in this regard.
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

Testria

Keldon Tyfus mused over the newfound alliance with this Ilan Garuda. He had summoned some of his loyal advisors to consult with in regards of this plan Garuda had in mind. True, the man knew exactly what Tyfus wanted, and he knew how to use it to gain the Supreme Commander's trust. However, Tyfus did not just hand out his trust to anyone who asked for it. While Garuda's ship was free to wander Imperium territory, Tyfus refused to believe that the dark Jedi was solely in it for the better of the two allies. There was something deeper - there had to be. Usually, there was.

"You summoned me?" a voice spoke from the entryway. Tyfus looked up from his monitor, as the red-and-black armored individual approached.

"Salder," Tyfus nodded, "you came quicker than I had anticipated." He was hoping Vex would have arrived at the same time as his advisors, but nevertheless, the man's efficiency merely demonstrated Tyfus' confidence in his abilities. "I have a specific assignment for you."

"What is it you wish, commander?" Vex asked.

"This Ilan Garuda... he's up to something." Vex's lack of reaction told Tyfus that this was no surprise to the other. This was good, for that meant that Vex would perform well. "I have been recently informed of a dangerous assignment, requiring Omega Squad for additional support. This Ilan Garuda... he has found two additional allies to his cause, and one of them wishes to utilize our resources.

"I cannot say much about what's going on - evidently, this task at hand is too secretive." Any under Tyfus' employment knew that the former Grand Admiral hated being left out of the loop, and it must have been enfuriating him that he could not know enough about the usage of his own men, much less his most elite commando squad, prior to handing them over. He was informed that it was an assignment that would better the status of both Ilan Garuda's organization and the Imperium's. Ilan himself had ensured Tyfus that the resources would not be squandered, and though it was not enough for Tyfus, the man reluctantly agreed to the proposition. It was the first move that made the man regret not blowing that shuttle into space-dust when it first entered the system.

However, every time he pondered the notion of exterminating the contract, he recalled Ilan's juicy proposal. This reminder was all that stood in between Tyfus denying these resources to this woman.

"I presume you wish for me to spy on them?" Vex inquired.

"No," Tyfus responded. "If they suspect a lack of trust, that could prove troublesome. This Garuda, there's more to him than he's willing to admit. I'm sure he holds his own agenda, but I am not willing to rush blindly into this in order to secure my own position within this deal."

"Then why have I been summoned?"

Tyfus motioned Vex forward. He switched the display on his screen to recent intelligence reports. He had operatives working throughout the galaxy on many levels, most of which were subtle enough to where a trace back could not unearth anything more than a rumor. However, from one of his more reputable contacts, he had revealed some potentially-threatening information. Amidst the chaos surrounding the Xen'Chi invasion, which thankfully would likely never reach Imperium space, there was a piece of information that particularly stood out. The accomplishments of a group of warriors, deadly, potentially the only group that could square off with the Xen'Chi head-on.

Mandalorians.

Vex raised an eyebrow. "This could prove troublesome," he agreed. "Their behavior in this war is not matching that of past conflicts they became involved in, or even incited."

"I'm sure they've turned over a new leaf, so-to-speak," Tyfus acknowledged. "It's bad enough that the Empire could turn against us in a heartbeat if they realize who, and where, we are. I don't need Mandalorians breathing down my neck."

"What if they do not find out?" Vex asked.

"If a dark Jedi can discover where we are, I'm confident it will only be a matter of time before the rest of the galaxy catches on. The Empire can be delayed, but an army of mercenaries will not be so easily stalled. Aside from the Empire, they are our closest threat." Tyfus closed the display, and looked directly in Salder's eyes. "Monitor them. Do not engage, do not make your presence known. With Omega Squad deployed, you will need to find another group to do this. They will need to stay out of sight."

Vex nodded. "Consider it done." The man turned, and left the office. Tyfus leaned back in his chair.

My enemies are beginning to surface, he mused. Some of which are showing themselves far sooner than they believe. He had to tread lightly. One wrong step could result in failure, even death.

OOC: Maybe that'll get us going.
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

OOC: Hey, Cazz, get yer lazy butt in here. :P

IC:

Ilan entered his personal chambers onboard the Hammer of Darkness. Now that they had returned to their flagship, and he had secured the loyalty of both Darth Sadis and Sirena, he was able to focus his attention on the matters at hand. Approaching the communications terminal, he activated the link to his apprentice, Darth Nemesis.

"Lord Nemesis, how goes your efforts?" he inquired. Nemesis stepped aside and Ilan observed the two individuals that his apprentice had found. "Excellent, they will do nicely. I have a particular task for you, my apprentice. I have information pertaining to the Mandalorians arising again. However, they have managed to pick up a new enemy, having fought them and humiliated them in battle." Normally, Ilan would not bother going for an objective such as this, but he knew that they would come in handy. "Find this enemy, and rally them to our cause."

Nemesis bowed. "As you wish, my master," he responded. "Who is it we should seek out?"

Ilan then grinned in anticipation. "They call themselves the Cylon Imperium. Once known as the Cult Mechanicus, I believe it was. They attempted an attack on a Jedi stronghold, and underestimated their enemy's defenses and allies. However, they could be of some use to us."

"And if they fail to see reason?"

There was a moment of silence, as if Ilan was contemplating on what to do with such a problematic turn of events. "Leave none alive," he simply responded. Nemesis bowed once again, and the communication fell silent. Ilan turned and left the comm. console. "Everything is proceeding accordingly," he noted. The Shadow Imperium was now joined with a similar interest, Sadis and Sirena were being fed from the palm of his hand and, thus, their loyalty was secured - for the time being, that was. He would have to find more creative ways to keep the two in check, when they had learned what they had sought out for. And his apprentice, Darth Nemesis, found two ideal candidates to replace his previous Hands.

Yes, everything was on track, and on schedule. Soon, they would be ready to make their move. All they had to do now, was wait. Once Nemesis made contact with the Cylon Imperium, and the alliance formed, everything would begin to fall into place for the grand finale.

"My lord," an officer reported, excusing himself for interrupting Ilan. The Dark Lord would forgive him, when he learned of the cause of this. It was called for, this time. "We have... a situation."

Ilan glared at the man. "Then take care of it."

"With all due respect, my lord," he responded, "that will be quite impossible."

Ilan looked at the man, now growing increasingly unsteady by the second, for a short while. "Very well," he finally said. "But this had better be good."

Ilan was led to the bridge, where he looked at the recording of the news brief. Once the report was over the bridge was dead silent. None wished to make a sound, until the Dark Lord assessed the meaning behind what had been reported. Not even Jakeston wished to interrupt the Dark Lord of the Sith, as he contemplated what was behind all of this.

"We have competition," he finally stated. There was no other explanation. He had replayed the scene of the Xen'Chi warship splitting in half several times, and there was no indication of a shot being fired. No weapon could have done that on its own. "We must accelerate our plans, before they are revealed to our new enemies."

"My lord?" Jakeston responded, baffled.

"You would not understand, commodore, so I will save you the trouble," he responded. "That," Ilan pointed to the mysterious cause of the ship getting torn in two, "was not caused by any conventional weapon. What we have on our hands is a very powerful individual in the Force. And I doubt that this individual wishes to liberate the galaxy from all forms of evil."

"It could just be a Jedi, my lord...."

Ilan glared at him. "Commodore," came the harsh response, "I was a Jedi once. I was a Dark Jedi once. And now, I am Dark Lord of the Sith. This was not caused by a Jedi Master." The bridge fell silent. Ilan looked at the commodore long and hard, this alone making up for the lack of a punishment. No... they had earned themselves their lives. "Set the destination for Testria. I must meet with our good Supreme Commander ally, and coordinate our next move with him. With our combined efforts, we might be able to salvage this downfall and use it to our advantage, before the opportunity simply fades away."

"Yes, my lord," Alarni said, and relayed the orders to set course for Testria. Ilan stared out at the vast sea of empty stars. It was more of a speculative hunch than concrete evidence, but somehow, Ilan would not be surprised if someone else were out there. And, if they were, then he would have a whole slew of trouble on his hands.
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

Testria

Tyfus looked over the information that was presented to him long and hard, before finally speaking up. "I was a Grand Admiral of the Galactic Empire, Garuda," he finally said, looking up at Ilan. "While this information you have brought before me is unconventional, at best, I have seen my fair share of weaponry in this galaxy. Any teechnological device could be capable of such destruction."

Ilan nodded in agreement. "I understand this, Commander," he responded. "However, no weapon, conventional or not, is capable of such destruction in a single shot, without being seen. This is destruction on the scale of a Death Star. Without any witness toward any fluctuation in energy being displayed. It is my understanding that you hold important assets in the Corporate Sector. I would suggest that they be reinforced, 'lest you will lose a very strategic, and vital, position to the Imperium."

Keldon dwelled on the thought. "If what you say is true," he said, "I would imagine that this 'power' you speak of will be vesting its interest in the Corporate Sector's vast resources." Had Tyfus the manpower himself, he would have laid claim to the sector long ago. "However, anything that can seize control of that chunk of space is far out of our league."

"Perhaps so, Commander, but we are not waging war based off of manpower," Ilan reminded him. "If you want to achieve your goal, this will have to be done my way. Through subterfuge, working the strings of puppets to do our bidding... sending the galaxy into inner turmoil. You above all should know of these tactics, Tyfus. You served under one who performed them so well."

Keldon nodded. "You're talking about repeating history," he acknowledged. "The galaxy would be suspicious of the similarities."

"Not necessarily. You're the Grand Admiral, here, Tyfus... think about it. The galaxy has just suffered through the Xen'Chi invasion. Now they're on the road to recovery. But not everybody thinks it's time for peace. Cause strife throughout the smaller governments, breed infighting... let chaos reign."

Tyfus grinned. Ilan had a good point. "Intriguing," he said, and the grin faded. "But how does this equate to this supposed threat of yours?"

"I cannot guarantee anything, until I know more," Ilan said. My apprentice will be learning more as time reveals itself, I am sure." Not I, he mused. Lord Sadis has provided me with the riches of the past... and I intend to exploit that hospitality to its fullest. "I will be sending my flagship to gather necessary information. Any hints of hostilities will be recorded, and used to our advantage."

"Fair enough," Tyfus agreed. At least it would begin to pay him back for agreeing to get his forces ready for whatever one of Ilan's apprentices was up to. "And I suspect that we just sit here and wait, then?"

"Unless you have a better idea," Ilan countered. Tyfus frowned. "Whoever they are, it's clear they have better access to resources than you do. I would not be surprised if that was a mere taste of their power. We must remain undetected, or all will be for naught."
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

"You summoned me, Commander?" the Kajain'sa'Nikto known as Kakon spoke. He was dressed in light training armor, no doubt having just recently finished a rigorous program. Having once been a member of Vex Salder's Crimson Guard, now on the road to reforming the Morgukai warriors, he was very capable. Tyfus was fortunate to have stumbled upon the individual four years ago, having heard of his successful attempt at killing a Jedi Knight. It was no easy feat for one who was not gifted with a connection to the Force.

"Yes," Tyfus responded, "I did. You have been expressing interest for some time in returning to Kintan." Kakon nodded in agreement. "You have your leave, general. Recruit only the strongest of your kind to reform your Shadow Army." This brought a grin to the Nikto's face. It was near-demonic in nature, but entirely harmless. "There is more, however." The grin faded slightly. "I hold no doubts that your homeworld is violent and a perfect breeding ground for training. However, they will need to be pitting against Jedi, in order to truly pass the test. I have received approval by Ilan Garuda that you will be transporting your Nikto recruits back to Tarix, where they will study under the Dark Jedi's instruction there."

"Commander... ?" Kakon said, clearly surprised. "... Morgukai hold a distinct hatred for Jedi. All a Dark Jedi is, is a Jedi who abandoned their Code."

Tyfus nodded. "Indeed," he agreed. "However, a Dark Jedi is as much an enemy of a Jedi, than the Morgukai or Sith. You will find that they are very different than from your sworn enemies. Trust me, Kakon."

The Nikto bowed. "You have my trust, Commander."

"And you have my leave."

Kakon left Tyfus's quarters. And so it begins, the Supreme Commander mused. I have received word that we now hold an alliance with this Cylon Imperium. Disappointing, but advantageous. And now, the Morgukai and their Shadow Army will rise again, stronger than ever before. Now, we will be revealed Ilan Garuda's true colors, and see if his promises are genuine.
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

"Commander, the time has come," Ilan's voice spoke over the comm. unit. Tyfus had recently been informed that Garuda wished to speak to him. It had been over a standard week since the two had something to say to each other - they both were treading lightly in securing their own footing in the galaxy. The Cylon Imperium was expanding, with the help of Tyfus's resources, and in return the Shadow Imperium was receiving additions to its forces.

When he had contacted Ilan, inquiring about the dark Jedi's request to speak to him, Tyfus was unaware that his unlikely ally would be ready for the next move so quickly. "I shall prepare the Recon task force to deploy for the sector," Tyfus responded. "We will run silent, and report directly to your flagship on their defensive positions."

"There shouldn't be much to worry about, commander," Ilan said. "I have personal assurrances that many of the officials in the sector are now under a rather... intricate influence. Many of the fleet positions are harmless to the Hammer of Darkness, but be advised to keep a watchful eye. The Howlrunner lets out a roar to send its prey into confusion... but the saber cat strikes when its prey least expects it."

"Understood, they will remain vigilant."

"Commander, your foothold in that sector will be essential to our operations in quelling the resistance," Ilan reminded him. "If we fail, then our enemies will multiply, and attack."

"Then we had best not fail," Tyfus agreed. "You will be informed of the first move to make." The transmission was terminated. We cannot afford a full-scale war, he mused. You better know what you're doing, Garuda.

"Lady Sirena," Ilan said, turning to Sadis' apprentice, "I trust that all will be in order when the Recon task force arrives?"

Sirena bowed. "My end is nearly complete, my lord," she spoke over the hologram. "If all goes as it should, it would appear as a rebellion than an invasion."

"Excellent. Keep me informed." Sirena bowed once more, and Ilan terminated the transmission. "Lord Malice... the time has come for you to demonstrate your skills." The Kiri Sith stepped from the shadows, revealing himself to his master. "You will join the crew of the Hammer of Darkness, and lead the attack. The Morgukai Shadow Army is not ready for such a full-scale invasion, so I will put forth a request to use the Shadow Imperium's Corps as a full backup once the uprisings begin. I want to see the resistance crushed, and our allies exploited."

Malice bowed. "Consider it done, master." Ilan waved the Sith away, and turned to face Sadis.

"Lord Sadis," he continued, "your apprentice has served us well." Sadis nodded in agreement. "I am quite impressed in her... persuasive methods. I can see now why you have favored her amongst the rest of your prospects."

"Her talents make her a valuable asset," Sadis agreed. He quickly changed the subject, however. "You seem confident in your plans, Invisus. Sirena may have the officials on a short leash, but it is the potential for outside interferance that concerns me."

"Your concern is noted, Lord Sadis. However, best we attack now, and secure a solid ground to protect our valuable assets on, then watch them get taken away from us. If we lose our manufacturing and shipping facilities in that sector, then our only true asset is going to be located in the forward outpost in Delta Serpentis."

"The Cylon Imperium cannot be counted?"

"They are still far too independent. A pact has been sealed, yes, but we cannot get under their skin so easily. They are suspicious of any who may wield the Force. Our alliance with them is only on mutual grounds."

Sadis nodded. "Perhaps they are in need of persuasion."

Ilan agreed on the matter, yet he still held his own reservations on the methods. "We are taking the right step in providing them the aid necessary to expand their boundaries. However, their integration into our grand scheme is far from complete. The Shadow Imperium is much easier to control, simply because of Tyfus's personal ambitions. The Cylon Imperium, however, needs proof that our alliance will do them good in the end. We must play politics with them, use our greatest strengths to exploit their biggest weaknesses. When they are ripe, we will pick."

OOC: Sub-par, but I'm past due for an update. Since Hal is unavailable and Cazzik handed all his characters associated with this thread over to me... it's gotten a bit hard to manage everything at once. So, bear with me as I get things straightened out.
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

Tarix

Darth Sadis looked at the inbound freighter with a sense of disinterest. It was not that he was adverse to Darth Invisus's move to locate the Morgukai here, in his fortress, for training. Rather, Sadis was given the task of overseeing the training they would receive. It was a huge move for his ally, giving Sadis such liberties, but as a Sith Lord, he knew better. It was no more a liberty than Invisus "allowing" him to join his Brotherhood. Neither Sith Lord trusted the other, but Sadis knew he was the weaker of the two, and begrudgingly accepted his role.

"Lord Invisus," he spoke over the comm. unit next to him, "the... shipment... has arrived."

"Excellent," Invisus's voice responded. "You will find that one of my apprentices, Saias Kargon, is with them. He will provide the tool necessary for their proper instruction."

"I am far capable enough of training them myself, Invisus," Sadis reminded his ally.

"I have no doubts. However, I want them trained to go against Jedi, not a Sith Lord. Training them to go against a Sith Lord would be like stabbing ourselves in the back, we may as well announce to the galaxy as a whole that we are nestled here, in this pocket of space, and watch the armadas come to crush us."

"I understand," Sadis responded. Indeed, Invisus had thought this through well. Saias Kargon was the highest ranking official of Invisus's Hands of Darkness. With the Nautolan Xahruk out on field work, and one of the new Hands, Rajan Callon, out in the Hapes Cluster, that left only Tagid Kilone, Invisus's other new Hand of Darkness, to be the other likely candidate. The way Sadis heard, Tagid would have been as useful to this particular task as blaster would be to a Jedi Master. Tagid was an assassin, not a warrior. His skills in the Force were better refined for missions similar to Darth Sirena's.

"You are still in charge of the training regimen, Lord Sadis," Invisus continued. "However, I want Saias to be the individual that they train against, not you. Once the Shadow Army is ready for its first mission, they will never return to Tarix, I guarantee it."

"They will not fail you," Sadis assurred, and the transmission was terminated. He turned to face back at the transport as it set down. The Shadow Imperium had its army and what they called the Corps, a new version of the Empire's stormtroopers no doubt. However, the Shadow Army was to be the cream of the crop, and the public enemy against the Jedi. He would enjoy the training they were about to receive.
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

Somewhere along the Outer Rim...

Ilan observed the jungle terrain of the world before him. There... that was where he felt the presence. The Dark Side was teeming, here, but it was not the location he cared about. It was who he would ultimately find.

Bringing his shuttle down to the planetary surface, Ilan touched down in a clearing, not more than one and a half kilometers from his target. Powering his ship down, he left the pilot's seat and proceeded to the boarding ramp. No doubt the presence he felt would have sensed him by now, as well. Unclipping his lightsaber, Ilan looked around, stretching out with all his senses, distinguishing fiction from reality.

Movement. The Dark Jedi was on the move. Ilan proceeded through the dense jungle terrain, keeping an eye out for his target, while his senses alert for any surprises that might occur.

It was not long before one was tried. Ilan snapped his own red blade to life, and turned, striking at the now-present yellow blade of a firesaber. Ilan allowed the fragments of energy to spur around the two, as he held his position. The purple-skinned humanoid looked back at him with blank, yellow eyes and a featureless expression.

"So, you're the one I felt in the Force," Ilan commented on the other. He looked at the featureless individual. "I sense the Force is strong in you, yet you are consumed by it."

The other did not respond, and instead fiercely swung his blade at Ilan, who easily parried with his own. Another attack, which was deflected, and another. "Your skills with the blade are impressive," Ilan commented, "but do not make the mistake in believing you can defeat me."

"The only mistake to be made is your coming here," the Dark Jedi spoke. He lunged at Ilan, who dodged and batted away the blade tauntingly. "I will crush you."

"We shall see." Ilan made his offensive, and his attack was parried at the last instant. It was a near-fatal blow, but this one had proven his worth through the counter. The Dark Jedi lunged forward and attempted to cut Ilan down in a passing by, only to be blocked by the expert finesse of the multiple-form master. Both turned and clashed blades, and the energy spat outward, burning the terrain around them. A small piece landed on Ilan's gauntlet, but he showed no signs of discomfort.

Then, the Dark Jedi let loose a series of attacks, many of which against a Jedi Knight he likely would have been the clear victor. Ilan blocked, parried, and dodged each with the timing of a master. Then, he struck forward with his blade, just as the Dark Jedi prepared for another onslaught.

The lightsaber pierced deep into the Dark Jedi's side. His eyes widened in shock, and Ilan could sense the feeling of pain seeping away from his opponent. In that moment of weakness, he snapped the lightsaber out of the Dark Jedi's hand, and grasped it in his own.

"Finish me," the Dark Jedi said. "End my suffering."

Ilan looked at the blade, and then back at the other. "This is not your true appearance," he noted. Now he understood what he had felt earlier. "You are a formidable warrior, though no match for me. Pledge your allegiance to me, and I will let you live - and teach you how to overcome this symbiote that has taken you over."

The symbiote's response was very negative to the offer, naturally, but in its moment of weakness it held no control over its host's actions. There was a moment of silence before the other responded, "My life is yours... master."

Ilan nodded, and deactivated both blades. He tossed the cylinder before the Dark Jedi, and felt the emotions raising once again. "Know this... you dare challenge a Dark Lord of the Sith. Cast aside your foolishness, realize that your fate, if you dare challenge me again, will end in death."

The emotions faded slightly, but the anger remained. "What is your name, Dark Jedi?" Ilan asked.

"I have none," the other responded.

"Appropriate, then... for I shall give you the only name you will ever know. Darth Maleval." Ilan turned, and saw Maleval approach, and kneel before him.

"What do you wish of me, my lord?" the other asked. Ilan raised an eyebrow. This one was either loyal, or cunning. He would have to watch him.

"Come with me," Ilan responded. "I have a special assignment for you."
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

OOC:

It's alive... it's alive! My creation... it's alive!

IC:

Ilan Garuda sat in a cross-legged position in his meditation chambers, diving into the mysteries of the Force. Indeed, this technique that Teslar Maladan... provided... him was powerful, and he could easily understand how one could get lost in such an endeavor. The Force was vast, endless, and seemingly a maze. He was confident, however, that he would find what he sought in due time.

The holocomm. went off. Ilan frowned, and terminated his meditative session. Approaching the terminal, he activated it. "This had better be good," he said to the individual on the other end of the transmission.

"My lord," the other responded. It was one of the Imperium's commanding officers. "We have received word on the expansion efforts of the Cylon Imperium." There was a pause, as Ilan patiently awaited the other to continue. "The Imperium reports, and our sources confirm, that they are nearly half way done with the entire process."

"Good," Ilan responded. He gave instructions to the Shadow Imperium to notify him the moment this information became available. It was the turning point which he would rely on. "I want the 1st Defense Fleet to splinter off a small task force to be prepared for departure immediately. Eyion Robiu is to take his two apprentices with him and spearhead operations there."

The officer bowed. "I will relay your request to the Supreme Commander."

That wasn't a request, Ilan thought bitterly. However, he knew better than to voice his discontent to the Imperium. It was too early to be discovered. "You do that, captain." Ilan terminated the comm. session, and opened a new channel. "Lord Nemesis," he spoke to the figure before him. The Sith Lord bowed in response. "Prepare for departure for Cylon space. Take Saias Kargon and Xahruk with you. We are about to commence the operation."

Darth Nemesis responded. "Yes, my master," he spoke, and the comm. channel was terminated once more.

Ilan allowed himself a sadistic grin. Everything is proceeding accordingly, he thought. Soon, not even the Galactic Empire will be able to stop the coming tide.

With Darth Sadis well into the training regimen for the new Morgukai Shadow Army, as well as the Corporate Sector front easily on its way to success, Ilan had but one objective left to accomplish, before he could even consider the Imperium ready for a public face.

However, this specific task would require the talents of Darth Sirena, who was currently spearheading operations in the Corporate Sector. I have waited thirty-three years for this moment, he mused, I think I could wait a few more months.

OOC: Okay, I'm trying to get this whole thing back on track with its true intention. With the dumpig of all Cazzik's related characters on to me, however, it has been quite difficult. So, bear with me as I get stuff restructured according to how I had this originally intended.
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

Cylon, Imperium Space

A lone shuttle dropped out of lightspeed in high orbit above the planet Cylon. Onboard resided but three individuals; Darth Nemesis and his two apprentices, Xahruk and Saion Kargas. It only took a second before they were hailed.

"Incoming shuttle, identify yourself," the robotic voice commanded.

Darth Nemesis spoke, "Eyion Robiu, representative of the Shadow Imperium," he simply said.

There was a moment's pause, before they were cleared to land. The shuttle made its way to its designated docking pad, and touched down. Nemesis, followed by his two apprentices, descended the boarding ramp as, on the opposite side of the pad, approached five individuals. K471, strafed by a large, metallic humanoid, and followed shortly by the familiar red-armored elite guard.

"Eyion Robiu, to what do I owe the pleasure?" K471 spoke, his tone easily giving away the fact he was not wholly pleased of being checked up on.

"My master sent me to oversee the operations of Cylon's expansion henceforth," Nemesis responded, cutting to the chase.

"Is your master displeased with our progress?"

Nemesis shook his head. "On the contrary, he is quite satisfied. I'm merely here as a... precaution, if you will."

If K471 had eyes, they would have narrowed with a case of bemusement. "The last Dark Jedi I allied with left the Imperium in this current state," he responded harshly. "I trust that your master is not so foolish as to betray me."

Nemesis did not respond. You will find out soon enough, Executor, he mused. "Then the last Dark Jedi you coincided with was not cautious enough. My master does not want any mistakes."

There was a moment of silence between the two. Nemesis could feel his two apprentices preparing for combat, and projected through the Force the command to stand down. He simply awaited K471's response.

"You will be watched, Dark Jedi," the droid finally responded, only slightly more courteous than last time.

"I would expect nothing less," Nemesis said. "Know this, Executor; so long as Cylon's expansionary efforts are on schedule, you will not even know we are here. Cylon's expansion is essential to our plans to eradicate the Jedi from the galaxy. My master is no fool, he wants the Jedi dead, and he knows that your Imperium is key to the process."

K471 nodded. "Then advise your master that he best not jeopardize this pact he has formed. We will finish on schedule, so long as you uphold your end of the bargain."

Nemesis nodded, and waited for the greeting party to turn and walk away, before smiling. He turned to Saias Kargon and Xahruk. "You know what to do." Both his apprentices nodded, and slipped away. Nemesis turned, and watched as the last of the Cylon Elite Guard walked through the door on the opposite end of the landing pad. "Do not worry, Executor," he simply stated. "The Brotherhood has very special plans for you and your Imperium."
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

OOC: I just realized a continuity error in sending Saias Kargon to Cylon space. For those that have been keeping score, I apologize. For sake of simplicity, I'm "retconning" it and just saying that the Shadow Army finished their training, and are now in their final stages. Two RL months to know how to fight a Jedi should be well enough, if it's all on autopilot anyway. :)

Again, apologies for the error.

IC:

Everything was proceeding as he had foreseen. Ilan Garuda, Dark Lord of the Sith, had done what many others could only dream of doing in their lifetimes. With the Corporate Sector well on its way to being incorporated into the Shadow Imperium, and thus the Sith Brotherhood, and the Hapes Consortium openly welcoming their aid in their rebellion, Ilan could envision his grand scheme already.

And then there was the Cylon Imperium. They were particularly essential to his plans. All Saias Kargon and Xahruk had to do was follow Darth Nemesis's command. And so long as Nemesis did as he was told, and followed what Ilan had instructed him in the ways of the Sith, then victory would be imminent.

"Lord Invisus," Sadis' voice came over the comm. "The Shadow Army has finished its final preparations, and await further instruction."

Ilan nodded. "Excellent," he said. Their time away from Tyfus had faltered their loyalty to the Supreme Commander, but now Ilan had to worry about them adopting a loyalty to Sadis. He had to get the Shadow Army out of there. "Instruct them to return to Testria. Have Kakon report directly to me. I have a special assignment for them."

Sadis nodded. "Consider it done."

OOC: Short, but right now I'm just filling in space.
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

The holoscreen flickered to life, and the image of Vex Salder came into view. The man held a grim look, but certainly not one of despair. Tyfus folded his hands in front of his face and leaned forward slightly. "Vex Salder," he said, "I presume you have something to report?"

Vex nodded. "I do," he said. "The Mandalorians have recently engaged in a fierce battle against this Xen'Chi menace. They have suffered great casualties, and had until recently remained on-world."

Tyfus raised an eyebrow. "Recently? Do tell."

Vex proceeded to explain the Mandalorians' latest move, pushing to the planet Bandomeer. Not much was known, but the Crimson Guard had gathered enough information for Tyfus to feed off of. "And you're certain that they are not to pose an immediate threat?"

Vex shook his head. "It's hard telling," he responded. "We have substantial reason to believe that many Mandalorians - most, in fact - have opted to remain planet-side. No doubt they're going to regroup and expand their numbers before launching a second massive campaign."

"Mandalorians are a hearty bunch, Salder," Tyfus informed, "it is said that one single Manalorian could take on a whole company of Imperial stormtroopers and, with effort, be declared the clear victor." Of course, such rumors likely exaggerated, or at least did not apply to any but the elite of the elite, such as Boba Fett and his caste. But regardless, Tyfus was not the type to take unnecessary risks. "What have you gathered on their motives?"

"Currently, they seem preoccupied with the Xen'Chi," Vex declared.

"As is the rest of the galaxy. Is there something that I could not have deduced on my own?"

Vex nodded. "Several days ago, a single ship left the system, en route for the Core Worlds. Though I doubt that was its final destination, the ship itself is an interesting bit of information in upon itself." Tyfus raised an eyebrow. "It seemed in a bit of a hurry, but we were able to identify it with some effort. Evidently a new design, a VCX-820 freighter designed and produced by the Corellian Engineering Corporation, dubbed the Hellfire."

"How does this concern me, Vex?"

"It doesn't, but its owner should. Blackthorne. Cadden Blackthorne." Both Vex and Tyfus knew the name by reputation well.

"Are you certain?" Was Blacktorne truly in league with the Mandalorians, now? Moreso, why was Tyfus surprised? "Can you track the ship down?"

Vex shook his head. "We were unable to get a reading. Blackthorne must have been in a hurry, as it all seemed preplanned. However, he has not returned, and the Mandalorians have already left for Bandomeer. It is unlikely, at this point, to see him around here again."

"How can you be so sure, Vex?"

"If I were in league with the Mandalorians, I'd be wanting to go where the action is going. Especially if I were one like Blackthorne." Tyfus grinned, a silent congratulations on Vex's deduction. However, this did not ease him at all. Somewhere, out there, Cadden Blackthorne was still alive and traveling the galaxy. Tyfus doubted that Blackthorne's hatred toward the Empire had dissappeared.

"What is your assessment on the Mandalorians?" Tyfus asked.

"Currently, they pose a minimal threat to the Imperium. With all they've been through, it will be a while before they can walk on their own feet once more."

Tyfus nodded. This report was pleasing for him to hear. "You've done well. Return to Testria as soon as you are ready. I have another task that would be more fitting for your talents."

Vex nodded. "We will depart immediately." The holo transmission faded, leaving Tyfus to sit back in his chair and stroke his chin thoughtfully. Somewhere, out there, Blackthorne is roaming the galaxy. If he still had the Mandalorians at his back, he would be a very dangerous adversary against the Shadow Imperium. His enemies were multiplying, and Tyfus's only assurrance of remaining in control of this alliance was to have his most trusted groups closeby, ready to react to any happenstances.

A thought occurred to him, however. Unless... Tyfus leaned forward and plugged in a transmission frequency.

Shortly later, Ilan Garuda's voice picked up. "Yes, Commander?" he spoke.

Tyfus grinned. It was an advantage over the lack of a holo transmission - he was more liberated in his conversation. "I have received some interesting news, Garuda. You might wish to hear this...."
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

A tall, menacing individual, covered in red and black tatoos stepped into the room, and approached Ilan. A black robe covered his body, with his hood draping over his head to conceal most of his face. When he spoke, it was in a deep, baratone voice. "My lord," he said with a bow, "you summoned me?"

Ilan nodded. "I have received news of a particular individual who could prove to be the end of our operations," he responded. "His whereabouts are currently unknown, but I want you to find him."

"Who is it you wish me to seek, my lord?"

"His name is Cadden Blackthorne." The other showed a reaction, but Ilan noted it was not significant. Blackthorne's name was well known throughout the galaxy, it was no surprise that Darth Trucido knew him. "He holds enough power to bring our operations to a halt. I want him out of the picture."

Trucido bowed. "Consider it done," he said.

"Darth Trucido," he continued, "be on your guard. Blackthorne is dangerous, and not to be underestimated."

"I will not diappoint, my lord."

"Good... now, go. Take two Destroyers with you. I want none to survive." Trucido bowed once more and left the room. Ilan turned to the comm. unit. "Kakon, is your army ready?" he said.

"Yes, Garuda," Kakon respoded. "We only await the word."

"Good. Commence the operation." Ilan terminated the comm. link and leaned back in his chair. And now the pieces begin to fall into place, he thought. He could taste his victory already. Soon, no one will be able to stand in my way.

Darth Maleval looked on over the planetscape. He had been assigned here to track down and kill any whom opposed his master's plans. Traitors to the Shadow Imperium proved to be pests in Darth Invisus's grand scheme, and he could not afford any liabilities. Not when his plans were not ready to be put into motion yet.

There were many whom did not share the same ideals as Lord Invisus, and they had perished at Maleval's blade. His current target was a member of the High Council, a man who saw the press that Invisus was making as a step back, and had ideas of his own for how things should be run.

Such behavior could not go unpunished.

Maleval slipped quietly into the building, using the Force to choke a nearby guard. The man went limp, and Maleval dropped him to the floor. He proceeded to the turbolift, where he keyed in the floor he desired, and waited as the elevator took him up.

Arriving at the desired floor, Maleval left the lift and looked around. Keying in his senses in the Force, he found his target near the end of the hallway, in his room. Too easy, he thought, and approached the door. Opening it rather forcibly, he spied two shock troopers and a commando accompanying his target. Maleval ignited his blade and took action.

One shock trooper was downed rather quick with a slice across the chest. The second was beheaded with a swift stroke. The commando had made enough distance between him and Maleval to start firing his weapon, but to no avail. Maleval was already on him, and he grabbed the man by his helmet and threw him out the window, breaking the glass on his way out.

The Sith Lord turned and faced the man he was assigned to eliminate, who was scrambling across the floor in an attempt to get away. "Stay... stay away from me!"

"That just won't do," Maleval stated, approaching the man. "My master wishes you out of the picture. You have become... a liability."

"I... I can pay..." before he could finish his sentence, however, the lightsaber pierced his gut. Maleval swopped it upward, and dissected the man.

"My master does not accept bribes," he said to the corpse. Disengaging his blade, he left the room, and later the building. He pulled out his personal comm. unit and activated it. "My lord, the High Council shouldn't cause any more problems."
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

OOC: Allrighty... moving along...

IC:

Delta Serpentis

The calm before the storm. It was always the worst part. While Delta Serpentis had no way of knowing what was about to come upon them, the personnel stationed there had been trained to maintain vigilance at all times.

Nothing could have prepared them for what was about to happen.

The outpost was lightly guarded, relative to its normal rounds, a result of the Shadow Imperium redirecting its mobile sources to its less-guarded worlds in response to its recent outward campaigns against neighboring systems and sectors. Which left nothing glamorous to be noted in the Delta Serpentis system. Two Nebulon-B Frigates escorting a Sabaoth Destroyer were all that could be afforded at times of need.

Which was the exact kind of defensive pattern that made Delta Serpentis subjective to a small-time attack.

Several dozen heavy transport ships, with two medium-sized capital ships, dropped out of lightspeed beyond the stations', or its defenses', range of fire. The newly arrivals sent the regional defenses into a panicked frenzy.

From the Shadow Hunter's cockpit, Darth Trayus coordinated the attack. The target was not Delta Serpentis itself; this region of space was only to get its owners' attention. And, through that, Ilan Garuda's. The two capital ships that Trayus had inherited from his second army would prove to be useful in helping to eradicate the enemy capital ships, whilethe transport craft would aid in the elimination of any fighters tossed their way.

It was a seemingly flawless plan. But any plan could go wrong at any given moment.

He noted that the enemy was trained to shoot first, ask questions later. A tactic perhaps not very favorable to his movements, but he would lay down the lives of all his men, if it meant reaching Ilan and killing him.

The two forces soon engaged in combat, the smaler craft from both fronts leading the way to a climactic engagement between the two sets of larger ships. Transports and fighters alike on Trayus's side engaged TIE-like fighters and other non-aligned combat craft, while the Dagger made its way toward one of the stations. No mistakes would be made. No mercy shown. He had more than enough qualified men to operate even the most intensive of station or ship.

The plan wasn't to destroy the enemy, but rather capture them. The crews of the ships could be executed if that's what it took, but to turn the enemy's own strengths into weaknesses was the key point that would win Trayus's campaign to destroy Ilan Garuda, and reap the resulting rewards.

"Lord Trayus," a voice sounded over the comm., "we are in position to begin operations."

Trayus acknowledged the call, and focused on helping to clear the fighter screen for the capital ships to begin their barrage against the Sabaoth Destroyer. The move was risky, but between the two ships, it wouldn't take long to demonstrate who maintained the advantage in combat.

The true trick would be to eliminate the Nebulon-B Frigates, which was where the transport craft came in. One wouldn't perceive the smaller space ships to be of much a threat, but when combining the numbers against an enemy vessel, the results could be devastating.

It would only be a matter of time before they would find out exactly how things would play. Acquiring one of the stations was key to Trayus's plans, as it would ensure certain victory.

OOC: Okay, so I couldn't wait. So sue me. :P

Cazz, Halcyon, dunno what you wanted to do during this whole thing, if anything at all. I'm leaving it up to you to deal with your characters during the events to follow. However, I warn you, I'm not waiting up.
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

Darth Invictus lead his small group of transports toward the station. From the cockpit of the Dagger, he could see the station open fire against their position. A futile effort, he mused, as he made evasive action and continued toward his destination.

While Invictus was no fighter ace, he was known to hold his own in combat. While he was not piloting any fighter, the Dagger was in its own right capable of outclassing the T65B X-Wing Starfighter. Something that amazed even Invictus.

As the group closed the gap between their position and their target, and eventually landed in the primary hangar of the station, only a couple transports suffered from the approach. Each craft that touched down immediately lowered its boarding hatch, and a flurry of Sith troopers poured out of each. Invictus lead the Dark Jedi down the ramp of the Dagger on the hangar deck.

"Commander," Invictus spoke to the trooper in charge of the operations, "I want a clean sweep. Those who resist, die. You know what to do."

"Yes, my lord," the trooper responded, and relayed the orders, sending the boarding party off in different directions. The Dark Jedi whom accompanied Invictus continued on their own separate ways, attached to their assigned group of troopers. Invictus took a small group of five troopers with him and proceeded to make his way to the command center. The battle on the station would be determined there.

Meanwhile, the primary battle was heating up. Trayus was stretching the Shadow Hunter to its limits. It was capable of outperforming the Dagger on every front, a surprising feat for a courier craft. How the company had managed to produce these two craft was beyond him, but Trayus was certain it must have cost a small fortune.

He was making absolutely certain to conserve his torpedos for when it counted, which meant relying on his honed piloting skills and the abilities of the Shadow Hunter itself. Trayus was not too fond of fighting with limited resources available, but they could not rely on logistics to continuously resupply their finite projectiles. He had to have all his perssonnel available to win this war against Ilan Garuda.

Trayus tore his way through a small handful of unshielded TIE craft, paving the way for a transport to take a foothold in the gap of the fighter screen and position itself to hammer away at a Nebulon-B Frigate from its strategic vantagepoint. So far, things were proceeing well. The capital ships he brought along with him were already lined in position and were giving all they got against the Sabaoth Destroyer. Under the combined pressure, the ship was sure to fall. And, Trayus hoped, surrender. He was not adverse to exterminating the crew, but why waste good talent?

"Lord Trayus," a voice spoke over the comm., "we have intercepted a priority signal. One of the stations has called out for reinforcements."

Trayus grinned. Excellent. Things were proceeding well. "Press the attack," he ordered. "We will deal with that if, and when, it happens."

"Yes, my lord."

And so, slowly but surely, the defenses in the system began to cripple under the underestimated combined might of Trayus's forces.
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

OOC: No, I haven't forgotten or anything of the like. Been busy and otherwise unavailable of late. Dunno how well the next post or two will be, but we'll see.

IC:

Darth Invictus lead his five troopers down the cooridors of the station. To his personal satisfaction, most of the individuals onboard decided to put up a fight, only to be felled to the last. With the five men providing Invictus backup, he was capable of destroying any foe in his way. The narrow cooridors made it especially easy for the Sith Apprentice to do his job efficiently.

As the group found their way to the command center, Invictus knew right off there would be some increased difficulty in the task at hand. This was no surprise. By now, the entire station was alerted to the boarders.

But they weren't expecting to be raided here so quickly.

And especially not by a Sith Lord.

The door slid open, and dozens of surprised personnel leaped up and prepared for combat. The troops accompanying Invictus made the first move, as a flurry of laserfire erupted from their position. Invictus himself strode forward, ready to cut down any in his way. He remained vigilant for the commanding officer; surely he would be located here.

The firefight lasted for several minutes as Invictus aided his men in ending the resistance before them. It wasn't until near the end that he encountered the commanding officer, guarded by six individuals in stormtrooper-esque armor.

"Do you think such a paltry escort will keep me from my victory?" Invictus inquired. "Stand down, and you will yet live."

The commanding officer motioned for his men to hold their fire as he observed the chaos around him. The troops on the Sith Lord's side were cleaning up the remaining Imperium forces with amazing efficiency. A choice had to be made; stand down and live, or fight and die.

It was a choice between loyalty or life. Choose honor, or choose death. He had to make the choice soon.

"My commander will make short work of your paltry forces here," he stated at last. "I may have failed, but they will not."

Invictus grinned. "Bold words," he responded, "but futile." He lunged forward and cut the barrel to one of the trooper's blasters, then sent a wave of kinetic energy their way, knocking them back. Swinging around, he cut the commander in half, and proceeded to finish off the troops that were formally his escort.

When finished, Invictus turned to look at the few remaining on the bridge. "I offer you this once," he announced. "Surrender, and live. Resist, and die."

Meanwhile, in space, Trayus lead the fleet in the evolving bloodbath between the two forces. The Imperium's defenses were completely taken off-guard by such bold tactics, that it made victory much easier for the Sith Lord. He then received notification that the destroyer had been disabled, with one of its escorts following. With the recent turn of events, the entire combat group focused its entire firepower against the remaining frigate. Before long, the ship succumbed to the firepower and was knocked out of commission.

"Commander, is your boarding party ready?" he asked over the comm.

"Yes, my lord," Olan Signas responded. "We await the command."

"Initiate the boarding operations," he commanded. "I will join you onboard the destroyer. This battle must end before their reinforcements arrive."

Ilan strode into Tyfus's quarters, curious as to why he was called. As he entered, he took note of three individuals wearing reminiscant clothing of Royal Guards. This caused him to raise an eyebrow, his curiosity having increased. "Commander," he said, "to what do I owe the pleasure?"

Tyfus turned from his terminal to look at the Sith Lord. "I have just received word that Delta Serpentis has fallen under attack," he responded. "You wouldn't happen to know anything about that, would you?"

Garuda shook his head. As much as he would like to orchestrate a revolution against the warlord, he had other plans, and a revolution would only hamper them. "This is the first I've heard," he responded. "What do we know?"

"It's mostly designed for ground combat, but my forces have greatly underestimated their potential strength. One of the stations have been boarded, and the other defenses have been engaged."

Garuda frowned. This could set him back greatly, should it progress much further. "I will assemble some of my men, and deal with this personally."

"No," Tyfus responded. "I will deal with this." Garuda narrowed his eyes. "It is my territory, I will deal with this."

"So be it," he responded. "But should you fail, I will be forced to step up to the task myself."

Tyfus nodded. "Should I fail," he responded, "then your group is among the few that can take the challenge."
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

The boarding parties landed. The invasion of the defenses began. Trayus lead the attack on the Sabaoth Destroyer, and personally saw to it the mission was a success. When the destroyer was theirs, and the boarding parties to the two frigates reported success, he then ordered the remaining troops to begin their assault on the last station. By taking control of the entire star system, they would be guaranteed success in the inevitable counterattack.

The passing time was long, as Trayus observed the reports from the bridge of the destroyer. Once the boarding parties successfully landed on the station, he turned to the presiding commanding officer of the destroyer. "Commander," he said, "instruct the crews to prepare an ambush. I want the coordinates of the incoming ships, so that we may lie in wait and take them off-guard."

"Yes, my lord," the commander responded, and went to work relaying the orders. Trayus observed, patiently, from his viewpoint on the bridge as his blank eyes observed the progress of the two stations' takeover. Invictus was doing an exceptional job in leading the attack. Already had he taken over the command center, and with the other troops doing their jobs, the station was sure to be theirs within the hour.

It was the command centers he was primarily concerned with. By taking those, they could properly lay the bait for the reinforcements to come. Should anyone attempt to contact their would-be rescuers when they dropped out of lightspeed, it could prove fatal to Trayus's plans.

And so, the trap was laid, and they awaited the unsuspecting targets.

Several minutes had passed before incoming ships were read on the radar. The fleet had just moved into position and was awaiting the arrival of the reinforcements.

They did not expect an Imperial Star Destroyer with an Acclamator as an escort.

Regardless, Trayus did not hesitate to issue the order, and immediately the ships acquired their targets and sent all their firepower against them. The Sabaoth focused primarily on the Star Destroyer, with Trayus's own two capital ships providing support, whereas the two Frigates concentrated their firepower against the Acclamator.

Needless to say, the reinforcements were taken by surprise. They reacted frantically, and returned the fire against their unexpected aggressors. Ship-to-ship, there was no way the Sabaoth could hope to counter the Star Destroyer's awesome firepower. But that was where Trayus would hope would be their downfall. The two stations combined could make short work of the reinforcements being sent their way.

"Commander, are we in optimal position?" Trayus asked.

"Yes, my lord. Shall I make the command?" Trayus nodded.

The ship then shifted out of the way of the station, and the order was given. From the artificial satellite, several volleys of laserfire came toward the Star Destroyer's position, taking the personnel onboard completely by surprise. The trap was now officially sprung.

While the station was not entirely under Trayus's control, it was under enough of his control to turn the tide of the battle in their favor. The task was the same, however; disable the ship, and board it. The ships themselves did not need the additional crew necessary to run nonessential and noncombat systems; they could afford the additional migration of personnel. Once the battle here was won, Trayus was confident he would have enough of a force to draw Garuda out.

OOC: Yay. There ya go. Whether it's passable as a piece of literary work or not, I'll let you decide. :P
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

OOC: Gonna do a little time jump. Just 'cause, y'know... I've always been against repetitive posts. :P

IC:

The battle was over. Trayus looked over his forces. Several losses had been incurred, but several more inflicted. Overall, he decided, it was an ultimate victory. None of his heralds, as the Jedi whom had followed him to this Dark destiny had been called, died in battle. This was good, for he would need them when he finally met Garuda. The man had power, to be able to hide away within this pocket of space, behind so many forces of destruction.

"Commander," he spoke, "I want our forces ready to move out." Very few of their enemies had chosen to surrender, which meant to Trayus that they had to move quickly, in order to secure victory. "Have you been able to access this region's maps?"

"Yes, my lord," the commanding officer replied. He guided Trayus to a terminal, and pulled up a layout of the area of space they were attacking. "We were able to deduce from the data available primary targets to hit. On your command, of course."

Trayus observed the data for a moment, before finally nodded. "We hit Kiteras, Keldaris, and Testria," he announced. "Garuda's sure to be located on Terestria itself, but we need to ensure that they do not tip the scales in their favor. Fan out their defenses, and we shall be victorious."

"Yes, my lord," the officer said. "I shall inform the fleet to prepare the jump to Kiteras. We will depart on your command."

In response to the announcement on the attack on Delta Serpentis, the Shadow Imperium had spread its total defenses about its core territories in proportion to the planet's importance. The only thing that the commanders, even Tyfus, could deduce from their aggressors was that the majority of their technology was old, but still effective. However, since contact with Delta Serpentis had been lost, Tyfus himself was beginning to think he underestimated their abilities. Normally, he would have gone to Garuda and requested the man's aid, but Tyfus knew better.

No Dark Jedi is going to do my job, he mused, looking over the data at hand. When the reinforcements he sent over never checked in, he suspected the worst. Yet a part of him admired the attackers, and he had to wonder what, exactly, it was they wanted. Territory? Power? If it came down to such simple things, Tyfus could make a win-win situation by employing Garuda's very tactics against him.

It would, indeed, be interesting to see how this all ended.

Kiteras

The newly acquired fleet dropped out of lightspeed far from the planet Kiteras. Trayus observed from the cockpit of the Shadow Hunter the defenses around the world. Two Venator Mark-Is, a Victory-class Star Destroyer, and four Tartan Patrol Cruisers. Well, he thought, at least they will provide us a challenge.

"All forces," he announced over the comm. unit, "engage the enemy. Spare no one."

As if all in the attacking fleet were thinking as one, the ships pressed forward, ready to engage Kiteras's defenses in full might.

And so the Battle of Kiteras had begun.
I am Spartacus

Post by Darth_Kirkin »

(OOC: Feel free to have this post deleted if you feel it's out of place or needs reworking)

Kir was dead or dying and yet Sidon felt nothing, only the satisfying sense of his own power. He had held back on the darkness within himself, fought to keep it at bay. He’d feared it would destroy him, consume what good there was in him and lead him on a quick path to destruction like all those he’d studied and read about. But he couldn’t deny the intoxicating sense of power that he’d succumbed to. When he’d finally let go and fought Kir and not held back he’d felt more complete than at any point in his life.

But what was left for him. There was no academy he could go to, he held no allegiance to any government and neither the Sith Empire of the Jedi would accept him either because of the supposed “taint” of the dark side within him or because he wasn’t born on the right planet.

Sidon set a course towards the farthest planet away in the navicomputer and set it to autopilot. He needed somewhere to go, something to do. As exciting and fascinating as his journey and life had been so far, he was beginning to feel that it was time he chose a path, a place to belong too.

As the ship sped through hyperspace he turned to his notes. In the days of his youth he’d been obsessed by the Sith Lords of old, their rise to, and falls from, power, the empires they’d built up, the influence they’d wielded. Of all of the figures Exar Kun impressed him the most and he took on the surname Kun at first as something between himself and his friends, but later it became the name he lived by after he ran away from home. He’d visited libraries on dozens of worlds, dug through ancient books on history, even used what money he was able to come by to buy books on the ancient Sith. A couple had made obscure references to several dominions of Sith power out towards the outer reaches of the galaxy, some of which had mysteriously declined into nothingness with no reasons given, and no mention in either any books or in the databanks that any worlds in the areas mentioned had ever been colonised or even explored since their decline. Either they were truly dead worlds, barren shells of their former glory, or someone lived there that didn’t like visitors. He now felt like he had a goal, albeit it a temporary one but one nonetheless and he intended to pursue it.

At the height of the exploration the Old Republic had done, they had catalogued most of the planets in the known galaxy, with obvious gaps. There were no charted systems he could aim for, so he made the decision to risk it and fly blind, hoping that the gravity shadow of a planet would be enough to pull him out of hyperspace and he would go from there.

It took nearly 20 minutes working with the navicomputer to work out a course of jumps that would take him there. Fortunately his computer was quite advanced and perfectly capable of running the flight without any interference from him and he engaged the autopilot and set about meditating. Sidon Kun had a new side of himself to explore and plenty of time to do it on this journey.

A sudden jolt brought him back to focus and he looked out of his cabin window. His hopes had been realised and before him floated a planet, but the space between him and it was littered with ships that were engaged in a battle. Quickly rushing to the cockpit he fired up manual control and began to make a run for open space. The navicomputer was adjusting to their new location and logging the planet’s location, and the ship had taken a moderate battering from he rough re-entry and he could only hope it was in good enough shape to get him out of the system. Unfortunately that hope was dashed as his ship turned round and was greeted by the sight of a large group of vessels in close proximity to his own. Reaching out with the force he began to weave and dodge as several objected to his presence with some weapons fire. As good as he was, and as quick as his force enhanced reactions were, something was amiss and he felt a momentary tingle of danger before his ship erupted into a chaotic display of warning lights and shorting systems as an ion blast struck it. Effectively dead in space he could only watch helplessly as his small craft was pulled in towards the nearest of the ships. Throwing on his dark grey travelling cloak over his clothing, Sidon checked the two lightsabers attached to his belt and closed the cloak over, lowering the hood. As the ship was guided into a small docking bay he stood ready at the landing hatch and waited for the inevitable bumps as the ship came to rest.

They came and he activated the landing hatch, walking down it slowly noting the waiting armed men who stood watching him carefully, blasters trained on him.
* Beware the fury of a patient man.

* What's the point in being alive if you're not living?

* "But we can't be free, until we learn to laugh at ourselves. Once you look in the mirror and see just how foolish we can be, laughter is inevitable. And from laughter comes wisdom." - G'Kar, B5
I am Spartacus

Post by Darth_Kirkin »

Six guards were standing fairly evenly spread out away from the landing ramp and their guns were all trained on him. One of them, definitely the officer, was standing a little closer and held a hand up.

"Halt or we will open fire. Identify yourself."

Sidon slid his hands into his robes and opened it, resting his hands in his pockets and making it obvious that there were two lightsabers attached to his belt. The one he'd recently obtained still had a few splashes of blood on it and he had no real intention of cleaning it any time soon.

The sight of the lightsabers gave the guards pause and he could sense their unease at their realisation of their 'guests' status. A tremor in the force and one of the guards apprehension suddenly jumped. With a blur of motion Sidons hand went up and grasped, one of the guards lifting up slightly and letting out a gargling sound of pain as his neck was completley shattered and the man fell dead. Even as the man's body fell to the ground his lightsaber had left his belt and was flying into his hand, igniting with the flick of a switch. Moving with the force guiding him, he blocked the flurry of blaster bolts coming at him, moving slowly down the ramp towards them. Several of the guards tried to move behind cover but a carefully guided rebounded blaster shot caught one in the head. But even as he could feel the soldiers steel themselves inside and try to kill him he felt a sudden shift as he sensed the approach of many more of them. A sound he couldn't quite pick up on came from a short way aways and suddenly the blaster fire became stun blasts.

Evidently I am of some value he thought to himself. With more guards entering the hangar it was a loosing battle and a sudden stinging sensation on his left side reminded him he couldn't hold them off for much longer. The second lightsaber flew into his spare hand and the two blades danced round him in a spectacular light show, sending bolts of energy flying all around him, scoring the ground at his feet. But his focus was too much on the weapons fire and he sensed the grenade a half second too late as it rolled towards him. With a flash and sudden wave of energy he was thrown back, his lightsabers slipping from his grip as he crashed into the hard surface of the hangar. Sidon hadn't even had enough time to register where he was when it all went dark. His fading thoughts were that of how quickly his fortunes had turned.

Sidon awoke with a ringing in his ears and a dull fuzzy feeling in the back of the head. He'd been stunned before but they must have shot him a few more times than required to stun a normal person. They must really have wanted to make sure he thought with a laugh.

Sitting up he looked around and sighed with disappointment at the bland security cell he was in. A cursory sense of the area around him told him he'd was in an isolated part of the cell block and the guards were keeping well out of sight. Moving to the front of the cell he could see no control mechanism for the cell doors in the limited view he had from behind the bars which meant it was being controlled remotely. An army that has experience with dealing with force users wasn't entirely heard of, but these ones were almost old hands at it.

If he lived through the experience, maybe they might be willing to work under him he thought. They were certainly capable enough.

He laughed and sat down in the centre of the floor, and began to meditate. Whoever was in charge of the battle, and depending on who won it would no doubt come to see him eventually. Now it was simply a matter of waiting.

* "But we can't be free, until we learn to laugh at ourselves. Once you look in the mirror and see just how foolish we can be, laughter is inevitable. And from laughter comes wisdom." - G'Kar, B5
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

OOC: A'ight, let's see if I get get this going again....

IC:

Trayus lead his forces valiantly against the defenders of Kiteras. The Imperium's forces were, simply, no match for the combined strength of his own. While on a ship-for-ship scale, the Imperium could easily defend against Trayus and his forces, they made the fatal mistake of assuming victory was inevitable.

For victory was for the strong. And Trayus's forces were much stronger than the Imperium's.

As the ships were disabled in order to board and capture for their final target, Trayus looked over the battlezone's statistics. While they had sustained casualties on their end, such as his two Sith capital ships, they had sustained a solid footing against the Imperium's defenses. The combined forces of his ancestor's army, and the ancient army he had unearthed, allowed him the manpower to occupy the remaining capital ships. It was only a matter of time before the battle would be theirs.

"My lord," a voice called over the comm. unit, "you are needed onboard the Indomitable. We have picked up a visitor."

Trayus raised an eyebrow. "Friend or foe?" he inquired. While the former was unlikely, he could alway use another helping hand.

"Thus far, my lord... foe."

"Very well, I'm on my way back."

The door to the holding cell slid open, and in strolled an armored individual. He was covered from head to toe in a fashion reminiscent of a Mandalorian. A hooded cloak draped behind the individual, and seemed to move with him as he approached the cell containing the unwanted guest. The individual carried no visible weapons, but that meant little, given the situation the prisoner was in.

There was an eerie silence, before the armored individual spoke. "Dark Jedi," he said, his voice dark, cold, emotionless, "you certainly picked an inconvenient time to go sight seeing. You have three minutes to explain what you are doing here."

OOC: Sorry about the long wait, Kirkin.
I am Spartacus

Post by Darth_Kirkin »

(OOC: Quite alright, good things come to those who wait :))

Sidon didn't open his eyes but smiled.

"Sightseeing. Interesting choice of words. I was of the impression that this area was uninhabited but it would seem the evidence to the contrary is quite clear.

"I came here on an little archeological expedition. It's a hobby of mine and no doubt of little consequence to a man as important as yourself I'm sure. My compliments on your troops, by the way, they were quite effective."

Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

Trayus narrowed his eyes. The Force had granted him the vision to see into this man's soul, and recognize the darkness that lingered within. The prisoner was, indeed, strong in the Force. But not strong enough to counter Trayus's powers and abilities. But don't underestimate the weaker, he reminded himself. That leads to a quick fall.

"For being in the position you are in," he responded, "you are confident in yourself, in your abilities. Make no mistake; here, you contend against a power you cannot hope to match. While I do not doubt you can take on several of my men, you do not know what you are facing." And I will keep that to my own advantage, Trayus added to himself.

"This expedition of yours," he added, "what are you in search of that would be so important here? Answer this, and you may yet live to see another day. And, perhaps, even find meaning in your life once more." Trayus saw no use in killing someone who would yet prove worthwhile of his efforts, and consequentially he had no ultimate desire to kill this newcomer. He could use one of his talents in his forces. Through striking fear in this man's heart, Trayus would demonstrate who of the two was superior. And through that demonstration, he could gain a useful, and potentially loyal, ally to his cause.

After all, he would need all the help he could get, if he were to fully avenge his father's death, and bring about the end of the Cult of Shadow.
I am Spartacus

Post by Darth_Kirkin »

Sidon saw little choice in the man before him, serve or die. Such was the way of the Sith yet the what he read from him belied a different heritage. The galaxy always did have a habit of throwing suprises his way.

Still smiling he opened his eyes and looked the man over. He was hiding something, part of himself. Evidently his captor was also very skilled with the force. Maybe he could find something there worth working with, at least for the time being.

"I came here on a rumour that there were some old ruins on the planet below. I heard they might contain something of modest value to ones such as ourselves, but I was waylaid on my way down. Perhaps you might be interested in a joint venture? I may be willing to split whatever I find 50/50 with you. Although," he said casting a quick look around his cell, "I am always open to negotiation."

Playing it cool as always on the surface, inside he felt a little tingle of danger and waited carefully.

Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

He will know his place, Trayus promised. Folding his arms, he considered the Dark Jedi's proposal. No doubt the man would attempt to betray him, at any point between being released from this cell to finding whatever it was he sought. And while Trayus was not concerned about the inevitable conflict that occurred, he decided it be best to let his opponent continue to guess on how strong he was, compared to Trayus.

"50/50 is unacceptable," he finally stated. Before the Dark Jedi could even so much as think about the response, Trayus continued, "what we find will be mine for the taking, as it will be yours. Under one condition. A man of your position would provide a worthwhile addition to my ranks. If you join me, then what we find on the surface will be fully accessible to both of us."

Now, Trayus mused, it was time to see what this man was truly worth to him.
I am Spartacus

Post by Darth_Kirkin »

Sidon didn't even need to think about it and he nodded.

"Sounds fair enough. But please, call me Sidon, Sidon Kun. I assume my cage isn't going to be a permanent fixture of our working relationship, and I would certainly appreciate the return of my belongings too."

Stretching himself as if just waking up from a nap he waited for the strangers response.

Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

Trayus had no reason to fear this one. The clairvoyance the Force granted him allowed him to know all he needed to know about Sidon. Granted, there was nothing personal that he could see through the Force, but he could easily pick up how powerful Kun was, and through that he could assess Sidon's skills.

The response came far more swiftly than Sidon would have expected, as Trayus deactivated the force field. "You can call me Trayus," he responded. "Darth Trayus." Trayus activated a comm. unit on his person and spoke through it, ordering the opening of the door. While he did not trust Sidon, as he had no reason to, he knew that he man would not try something so foolish as to betray him here. Even if he were successful, Trayus's men would gun him down in an instant, thus making his victory superficial. For when Trayus's time was over, only his apprentice held rightful inheritance to everything he had acquired.

"Get this man's personal belongings," he ordered the individual who opened the door to the chamber.

"Yes, my lord," the other responded, clearly not at ease with the command, but regardless obedient.

Trayus turned to Sidon. "The battle here is almost over," he continued. "Traveling to the surface won't be a problem."

OOC: I'll let you lead on from here, Kirkin.
I am Spartacus

Post by Darth_Kirkin »

(OOC: Appologies if I do GM your character a little bit just so it isn't completely one sided. But since the impotus is on Sidon to justify his survival

The guard returned in short order with the few gadgets he had on him when he'd been captured. Some of it was a little dirty and had no doubt been just tossed into whatever storage lockers were around. Clipping the two lightsabers to either side of his belt he stepped out of his cell and took a deep breath, smiling at Trayus.

"I will need to get a look at some geographical scans of the planet and compare them with the notes I have. I will have the location of the ruins figured out by the time we hit planetside."

Trayus didn't even nod or give any outward sign that he'd heard Sidon but turned to one of his guards who saluted.

"You will have them by the time you launch my lord."

Down in Sidon's ship he had it ready to launch and sure enough an encrypted data packet arrived with a full geographic scan of the planets surface. He was being continually impressed with the efficiency with which the mans forces worked. Definitely an organisation he would be happy to work with.

"You are cleared to launch."

He wasn't expecting there to be a fighter escort, with a self proclaimed sith lord on board who certainly felt very strong in the force on board with him he wouldn't have much of a chance to do anything suspicious as it was.

Contenting himself with the task at hand he set the autopilot on a slow entry path and set about rereading everything he'd collated over the years with the geographical scans of the area. The writings described the area but geographical accuracy weren't the strong poing of much of what he'd found, as with all journals they were more concerned with the events and actions than the place. The temple he was seeking though was one largely overlooked and unwritten about but for a few references. That and the fact that several Dark Lords of old had visited the site for several years at a time throughout their lives led him to suspect that there was something, or someone of value there. The latter was the most likely given the length of time that had passed since the Sith Lords roamed the galaxy with impunity, although with the current galactic climate it seemed like such times were on the return.

There were few mountain ranges on the planets surface of any significance and the one he felt almost led to was by far the most dangerous looking. The perfect place a sith would set up he thought to himself and set a course, making good time.

While his focus was on finding and getting to the temple, a small part at the back of his mind was constantly aware of Trayus behind him. Sidon had set out looking for a purpose and a goal becoming subservient to someone was not his ideal path, but it would seem the force had other ideas for him.

"We shall be landing momentarily, I just need to find a good landing spot. I might suggest you prepare yourself there will be a few minor obstacles we might be faced with," he said knowing full well both of them would be more preoccupied with the other to care too much about any traps that might have been set.

((OOC: Internets being awkward, will post part 2 tomorrow))

I am Spartacus

Post by Darth_Kirkin »

There was a flat area set into one of the mountain sides but Sidon ignored it. It was obviously booby trapped and setting down would only invite disaster. Reaching out with the force he could sense several mines were set over its surface and with a moments focus he crushed them beyond use and manoeuvred the ship down onto the pad. Opening the door and descending he waited for Trayus to follow him out and stretched out again with the force.

There was a definite taste of the dark side in the air. Not very pronounced, and certainly not discernable from any great distance away but it was there and it excited him. Treading the paths of some of the great sith of old was something he'd been waiting for his whole life and for a second he forgot that Trayus was there.

A sudden breeze whipped up around the landing pad and seemed to almost have a will of its own as it picked up strength and whipped around Sidon, wrapping his cloak around him. It increased for one intense moment and then was gone, replaced by a ghostly figure standing in front of him, its features hidden behind a great hooded robe.

"You tread the paths of the Sith. You must first prove yourselves worthy of entry into these hallowed halls."

For one moment he thought it was an actual Sith spirit that had remained at the place as a guardian, but it flickered and faded from view. Sidon looked around, and his danger sense tingled momentarily before he noticed two oversized and extremely powerful droids striding out from a crevasse in the side of the mountain. With a flicker of light he could tell they had shields and in each of their hands were massive swords of some dark metal he couldn't identify. Sidon knew instantly one was intended for him and the other for Trayus. No match for two expert force users he thought, but he decided not to take any chances.

((OOC: might as well set them something to do. Just two massive battle droids with two swords in each hand, has cortosis in it but just enough that the swords can fight against them but not so much that the lightsabers cut out!))

Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

Trayus was uncertain if Sidon could sense the faint, almost nonexistent trace of the Force in the machines. They were being powered by the Force, and guided through the Force. But, like any droid, they were incapable of actually wielding the Force.

Parting a section of his robes, Trayus brought forth Soulblade, and held it firm before him, as his assailant approached. The massive droid swung violently at Trayus, whom simply blocked with his own sword. Another swing resulted in Trayus blocking once more, then he delivered a counter-blow against one of the droid's arms.

The sword connected, but did little damage, It wasn't enough to keep the arm from being operational, but Trayus wasn't through with the droid yet. It brought both of its swords down on the Dark Lord at the same time, and Trayus rolled out of the way as both blade crashed down where he previously stood.

As the droid approached, it displayed a simulated anger, as though it were a sentient being responding in frustration to Trayus's persisitance. It would be its downfall. The droid brought both of its swords up once more, whereupon Trayus ducked and sent a powerful, crippling blow to its chestplate. As Soulblade tore through the armored paneling, Trayus withdrew the sword and brought it down upon the droid's back. The blow sent a severe dent into the armored plating, and Trayus stood there, ready for the inevitable counterattack.

He read his enemy well.

Despite its damage, the droid seemed uneffected, and turned and sent a violent blow against Trayus's sword, which was already moving to block the attack. As it prepared for another strike, Trayus brought forth his free hand and sent a wave of lightning at the opening he had created in the chestplate. The attack, designed to overload the circuitry, worked like a charm, and the droid overloaded with energy and its power unit exploded.

Trayus ducked out of the way as the shrapnel flew over him and, once satisfied with his work, lowered his blade, and turned to look upon Sidon's efforts.

Childsplay, he mused, and dearly hoped this was not the real test, else they would just be wasting their time.
I am Spartacus

Post by Darth_Kirkin »

There was something strange about the droids as Sidon watched one split off and head towards him. It was something very subtle, barely noticeable but working below the surface. It was nothing he'd felt before but there was the barest hints of the force about it. But for his own preoccupations he might have been sensitive enough to discern more about it. His musings were interrupted by the two blades the droid wielded falling towards him in an x pattern designed to cleave him in two.

Leaping back he brought out his lightsabers in a flash and leapt over the droid as it swung again. Sidon turned on the spot, using his momentum to slash the blades horizontally towards the midriff of the monster but was blocked as its top half rotated on its legs. A little confused by the fact that the lightsabers hadn't cut clean through the blades but leapt back once again, his swords going up in a defensive stance. Disengaging one he threw it over the droid and brought the other into a two handed grip. The droids head followed the blade for a fraction of a second then swung its legs round before marching towards sun.

Keeping his blade up he reached out with the force and brought up the blade he'd thrown behind the droid. With a wry smile he activated it and brought it into the rear of the droid, piercing it's rear armour, albeit slowly, and resting in its innards.

Frowning he refocused and wrenched with all his focus on the blade and it started to flail around, the droid going into a crazed fit of half motions as its circuitry and internal workings were destroyed but it suddenly stopped and Sidon saw the hilt of his lightsaber fall out of the droid, breaking into pieces as it fell.

There was a brief second of hesitation in the droid as it seemed as though it was considering it's next move but Sidon smiled as it keeled over onto the ground an acrid burning smell emanating from it.

Looking towards the entrance and back at Trayus he smiled and waved towards it.

"Shall we?"

Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

Trayus allowed himself to analyze Sidon's ability to handle the battle droid. While the opponent was nothing special, a Jedi would be hard-pressed to take one of them down one-on-one. But a Sith Lord, and a Dark Jedi... that was a different matter all-together. This one would make a good apprentice, he mused, if he proves worthy.

While Sidon's skills were impressive, Trayus yet held severe doubts that the other could best him in combat. Nevertheless, it was not something he would be willing to put to the test unless necessary.

"Impressive," he spoke to Kun. Trayus said nothing more, as Sidon turned to face him.

"Shall we?" he asked with a confident grin, before waving toward the unguarded entrance.

Trayus simply nodded, and followed Sidon indoors.

OOC: I know we just talked/are talking, but I figure you have a better handle on the chain of events than I do, so I'll let you continue onward. :)
I am Spartacus

Post by Darth_Kirkin »

Once inside, Sidon was a little disappointed. There was no grand entryway, no great hall stretching out before them with statues of great heroes of the Sith, it was merely a corridor with enough room for two people to walk in comfortably. There was nothing remarkable about the design, no prominent features and the walls stretched onwards completely smooth. There was a great musty scent to the place. Evidently it had been some time since any living thing had ever entered.

They soon came upon a door and there was no apparent mechanism but Sidon again sensed the strange sense about it and reached out with the force. There was something remarkable about the technology of the place. Somehow the force was intermingled with it as it had been with the droids outside. With a wave of his hand the door slid open and revealed a larger room inside.

Sidon was actually relieved that this one appeared to be massive and took a moment to scan around it and take stock of it. It was fairly dark but even as he looked up lights began to flicker into life. Not the usual bright artificial lights used everywhere else but a strange unearthly bluish light that cast strange shadows everywhere. There were bookcases, massive ones maybe 20 feet tall stretching away from him in all directions. The room itself was semi-circular in shape and they had entered in the centre of the flat section of it, the book shelves spreading outwards from them.

Sidon forgot about Trayus for a moment and walked over to the nearest one. The tomes on the shelves were all laid out with their covers facing towards whoever might be looking at it. Reaching out with it his hand seemed to tingle as it neared the surface and before he’d even touched it a voice faded into his hearing.

”… se are the teachings of Darth Merikus in the arts of the Sith. Manipulating objects in a manner such as someone who would lift it is a trifling use of the force but should not be… “

The voice faded as he withdrew his hand and he smiled. A library created by force users for force users. And one that he’d discovered. It had taken most of his life poring through ancient writings and journals to find it but it looked like it was going to be worth it. Shame he had to share it with Trayus though.

Do you though whispered a faint voice in his head. Turning to see what Trayus was doing he smiled at the man.

“Looks like it’s ours for the taking,” he said turning back and walking slowly down the isle wondering what power and secrets lay within the hundreds, perhaps thousands of tomes that lay there.

Strike him down and the treasures here are yours for the taking the voice whispered to him again. Yeah, he thought, I did all the work why should they reap the benefits. Turning a casual sweep with the force gave him Trayus’ position and he started towards it. As the man came into sight Sidon brought his lightsaber out and ignited it, facing him.

“You will not take what is rightfully mine,” he said with a growl. Lowering his saber he reached out towards the man and with a grimace of fury, lightning leapt from his fingers at him. "These secrets are mine alone to wield," he cried.

Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

Without so much as even glancing Sidon's way, Trayus moved to intercept the lightning, and stretched out his own arm. The palm of his hand absorbed the attack and dissipated it into nothingness. Trayus's head turned, and he looked Sidon in the eyes through his mask's visor. "What is rightfully yours?" he asked with a chuckle. "Only a true, dedicated Sith Lord could ever claim such knowledge as their own."

Trayus, unarmed, turned to face Sidon, who was clearly ready to attack. Go ahead, a voice whispered to him, strike him down. He wishes to usurp your power, and claim your position. The voice, however, was not the Nomad Soul's. And Trayus was not about to be so easily manipulated. It was time that Sidon learned a lesson in the true power of the Dark Side of the Force.

"Your skills with the Force are impressive," he commended Sidon, "but you lack focus." Without warning, several tomes flew Sidon's way, clearly manipulated through the Force by Trayus, and yet the Sith Lord showed no physical indications of using the Force to throw the objects Sidon's way. "And I have to wonder," he continued, as he attacked with the objects, "in what lifetime did you truly believe you could stand up to me?"

Trayus had no intention to destroy Sidon. Simply, teach him a lesson he would not soon forget. A lesson on when one should know they were outmatched.
I am Spartacus

Post by Darth_Kirkin »

((OOC: If this is GM'ing your char too much lemme know and I'll edit!))

Reaching out Sidon brought a few of the nearest tomes up into the air to intercept the ones coming at him but they were too many and he was forced to leap out of the way, smashing a couple with his lightsaber. One caught him on the side of his leg and he fell awkwardly his lightsaber clicking off as he crashed against one of the great shelves.

Standing up with a grunt of fury he reactivated his lightsaber and moved in closer.

"You will not deny me my destiny," he said through gritted teeth. "I have come too far to see it stripped from me by the likes of you."

As he moved in Trayus didn't even bring his own lightsaber up but seemed to move with an impossible speed, and each of Sidons strikes seemed to strike at air. Sidon quickly realised what was going on but it was almost too late as he brought his lightsaber up and around in time to block the strike from Trayus who had appeared behind him.

"You're good Sidon Kun, but you are no match for me."

Arrogant fool, strike him down yelled the voice inside him and Sidon mentally paused, there was something else goading him on but he was too far gone now to back out from his situation.

"Good. Hmmph you'll see just how good I am," he said breaking the block and launching a furious assault on Trayus who seemed completely unphased by it all and merely reacted, blocking most of the strokes and dodging the clumbsier ones.

"Your anger makes you powerful, but you let it direct your actions, but you could learn in time."

The fact that Trayus was almost toying with him infuriated him and as much as he realised he was being outclassed he knew he needed to prove it to himself. But even as he thought as he fought, a deft movement from Trayus caught Sidons calf with his blade and his shoulder.

Falling back with a cry of pain he gritted his teeth and focused as he washed his mind of the pain. The lightsaber had cortorised the wounds but he knew it would take a good long session in a bacta tank to heal them properly.

Trays stood over him, the tip of his blade pointing at Sidon.

"I won't waste your talents by killing you but consider this your first lesson. Or your last. The choice is yours."

Disengaging the blade Trayus waited for his answer and Sidon knew there was only one choice to make.

"As you wish, my master." Using the words galled him and he fought back the urge to spit out. But he knew this was the right path for him to take. Not the easiest path but the right one.

Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

Trayus grinned. While Sidon made every effort, and with great success, to hide his true feelings, the Force betrayed them to him. He could see Kun's thoughts on the matter. While the man was not very happy of his new position, he was willing to work with it.

And such things lead one to greatness, down the road, Trayus thought. "You are a strong fighter, Sidon Kun, and you have a strong will. These are two valuable assets, both to you and to me. Hone them well, and in time, you may even succeed me."

Give him his delusions, he mused. He's earned that much.

"We had best collect what we can," he continued. "There is no point in remaining here." Trayus looked around. "There are those that, even in death, cannot seem to accept the will of the Force and move on."

Of course, it was a bit ironic, Trayus thought, that had it not been for his joining with the Nomad Soul, he would have been just as susceptible to the dead Sith Lord's persuasion as Sidon Kun. He counted himself fortunate in that front.
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

The battle had been over for some time, now, and Trayus had spearheaded the efforts to claim the remaining tomes of knowledge found in the ancient Sith library. It was a great find, and one he intended to share with both Sidon and Invictus, as he had promised both. While he may have been the Dark Lord of the Sith, now, he was still a man of his word.

Sidon had been preoccupying himself in the bacta tank, after their unfortunate spat earlier on Kiteras. It was a lesson well learned for the Dark Jedi, whom now knew it best to think twice before crossing the Sith Lord. His time in medical treatment allowed Trayus the opportuntity to conduct his operations without being bothered by his preoccupations on Kun's motives.

With the post-battle checks made, Trayus noted a much more significant dent in his forces than the previous battle. It was something he had expected, but nonetheless he still underestimated Ilan's allies' strength. It was decided he would need to take a more active role in the campaign, should his goals be achieved without too heavy a price.

The coordination of the next battle was underway. A planet called Keldaris was next on their list, with expected heavy fortifications. It would be no doubt that Garuda's allies would make their stand there, and while a reasonable tactician would surmise that the best route to take would be to drive the dagger in the heart of the enemy, Trayus knew that the capital world Testria would not be easy to crack.

They needed a plan.

The most reasonable route would be to remove the heart and kill the body. Ironically, it was the route Trayus had intended to take all along. With Ilan dead, a new alliance could be forged, and then this empire would be his to command.

Yes, true power. That was where he would find the way to his vengeance.

As the fleet was readying for its next role, Invictus approached Trayus. "The fleet is worn from the battle," he cautioned his friend. "Would it not be more prudent to rest first?"

"The real battle to be fought is in the Force," Trayus reminded his student. "The fleet is just a means to get us to our destination."

"Then why not strike at Testria now?"

Trayus grinned. Invictus did not know Ilan the way he did. "The target needs to reveal itself, before it may be hit," he said. "Striking at Keldaris and obtaining victory here would ensure that all our enemies will be gathered in one place, ready to defend their precious empire. And it shall be taken away in one swift strike."

OOC: More to come later.
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

OOC: Okay, seeing as I lost the momentum of the conflict, I'm fast-forwarding (a whole battle) to Testria. Deal with it. :P I'm picking up mid-battle, sort of en-lieu of a RotS opening.

IC:

The engagement beyond Testria had swelled into a slugfest of survival between the two Sith factions, as Trayus's forces began to push the Imperium toward their capital world. Leading the way was Darth Trayus himself, onboard the Shadow Hunter. Not far behind was the Dagger and several other transports carrying both Dark Jedi and troops. The goal was simple, penetrate the blockade and make their way planetside.

Trayus could feel Ilan's presence in the Force on the planet's surface. The Dark Side of the Force was strong there, which gave way to his previous suspicions being true. Ilan truly was now a Sith Lord. But that would not stop Trayus from finishing his enemy off once and for all.

As the two forces continued to fight, the landing craft managed to slip through the Imperium's defenses and make a break for Testria. Those Imperium ships that took notice in the advancement were either too slow to keep up, or too frail to match the defensive firepower of the landing parties.

Honing in on Ilan's location, Trayus lead the way toward the general vacinity of the Sith Lord's residence. No doubt Garuda was waiting for him, but Trayus had the advantage over his enemy. Garuda did not know who Trayus was, and he did not have the power of the Nomad Soul at his command. The battle, in Trayus's eyes, was already over.

And so, while the battle in space raged on, the landing parties raced toward the surface to end the conflict.

After landing, it did not take long for Trayus to pinpoint his enemy's exact location. The troops accompanying him and his followers immediately fanned out to conduct urban warfare with any Imperium forces, while Trayus lead his apprentice, and the Dark Jedi that swore to follow him, toward the prize.

The trek into the palace was short, and they met with no opposition that they could not handle. When they arrived at Ilan's location, Trayus noted his enemy was not alone. With him was a Codru-Ji adorning heavy armor and holding two readied lightsabers, with two additional ones clipped his belt. Additionally there was a near-human male sporting a red, yellow, and purple tattoo scheme covering his entire body, as well as another individual who was remarkably similar in nature to the previous, yet his coverings did not seem like his natural self. Finally, there was a bald human male, wielding a single red lightsaber.

It was not exactly what Trayus had hoped for, but it nevertheless would suffice. The prize awaited, and he was eager to show Garuda who was the superior of the two.

"It is clear, by your path of destruction, that you are here to usurp my rule," Garuda told Trayus, "yet you know not what you face. I am Darth Invisus... Dark Lord of the Sith."

Trayus merely grinned. "Darth Invisus," he repeated in a mocking tone. "Your rule has come to an end. Once again, you have failed, Invisus." Trayus ignited his crimson-colored lightsaber and formed a close-guarded Soresu stance, taking on an offensive, rather than defensive, position.

Ilan countered with a Makashi opening stance, bringing his lightsaber down. Trayus turned his head and nodded to Invictus, whom broke off of Trayus's flank with the rest of the Dark Jedi, intent on engaging Garuda's apprentices.

"The failure is yours," Garuda responded. "You will die here, and then all you have worked for will come to an end. My power is absolute, and so you will know the true meaning of the Dark Side of the Force."

Both Sith Lords then progressed their way toward each other, lightsabers ready to clash. The crimson blade of Trayus's bore down upon the red blade of Garuda's, whom easily blocked the blow. The two then engaged in a full duel, as Trayus continued to bring down blow upon blow against Garuda.

But Garuda was too well-founded in the Sith arts to go down without a fight, and soon the tide shifted in his favor as he found an opening and forced Trayus into a defensive. The drive found Trayus moving back a couple meters, before he held his ground and shoved his blade against Garuda's. It would not end this way, not after he had come so far. Garuda would not obtain the upper hand on Trayus.

With his free hand, Trayus sent a wave of energy against Garuda, causing him to stumble slightly, taken off-guard. The other quickly regained his position and formed a solid defensive stance against the newfound attacks by Trayus. But, as it would turn out, as each blow met with Garuda's red blade, Trayus was building up his strength. Garuda continued to block and managed to bring in a few of his own attacks, but in the end it seemed futile.

Trayus was, clearly, the superior of the two. But Garuda would not go down so easily. Seeing a clear opening, he cast a wave of lightning against his foe, temporarily distracting him as he brought on his blade to meet with Trayus's chest.

The distraction was not enough, as the Sith Lord quickly recovered and batted away the attack. He spun on his heel, using the momentum to drive his blade forward, nearly piercing through Garuda's neck, but Ilan was quick enough to dodge out of the way. He attempted to disarm Trayus by attacking his hand, but Trayus was too quick for Garuda, and not only parried the attack, but also returned it with his own. The attack slashed through Garuda's armor, but it did not penetrate deep enough to touch the Sith's body.

Enraged, Garuda then made his mistake. A powerful lunge aimed driectly for Trayus's head was easily averted by the Sith Lord, and the crimson blade came down upon Garuda's arm and dismembered his arm from the elbow down. Garuda gasped in pain, and before he could retrieve his lightsaber with the Force, the crimson blade then followed through and pierced his chest.

Ilan staggered back slightly, and looked on in disbelief. It was as though Trayus knew his every move. But how?

"And so, the strong survive," Trayus announced, approaching the dieing Garuda. "And I shall claim that which you will lose." Trayus brought his blade back behind his head to build up momentum for the killing blow. "The circle is now complete, Ilan Garuda. May your afterlife be tormented by the fact that you could never kill me."

Garuda's last thoughts as his enemy struck him down surrounded the utter humiliation of defeat at the hands of an enemy that, until the very end, he knew nothing of.

Trayus turned as Ilan's body collapsed to the ground, just as his followers finished off the two Sith Lords that were under Garuda's wing. "Darth Invictus," Trayus announced, "it is time we claim this empire for our own."

Invictus bowed. "It shall be done." He motioned for the Dark Jedi to follow him, and proceeded out toward the entrance of the building, intent on rallying up the troops.

Trayus turned and looked at Sidon specifically. "Kun," he announced, "you shall accompany me in securing our new empire." It was only a matter of time, and with Garuda out of the picture, whoever was in charge of the Imperium itself needed to be found and... persuaded... to join forces with him.

The two made their way through the building until they discovered a terminal. Analyzing the data contained therein, Trayus surmised the most likely place for the Imperium's leader to be located, if he were planetside. They progressed forward, quelling any opposition that got in their way, until they finally arrived at the main offices. Trayus lead the way to where Tyfus's office was, and forced the locked door open.

Inside was a gray-haired individual with a black and brown uniform, guarded by three red and black armored humans. They were clearly combat capable. Trayus analyzed the situation, before making his move. "Keldon Tyfus," he spoke, "your ally Garuda is dead, and your forces and being besieged. This battle will end quickly, but it is you who will define the parameters."

Tyfus looked at the two for a moment, before finally nodding. "You killed Garuda," he noted, "something I am indebted to you for. However, I cannot overlook your desire for conquest, and it is not something I will sit still for."

"You have no one left to protect you," Trayus pointed out. "Your bodyguards are no match for the powers of the Dark Side. They cannot hope to counter the skills and abilities of a true Dark Lord of the Sith."

"Your point is well noted," Tyfus responded, "but working with Sith does not bode well for my plans. Besides, if you kill me and my companions here, who will be left to command the forces of this empire? Certainly you could, but given that you took the effort to specifically find my empire, I suspect you have other plans to take into consideration. And surely you cannot trust any of your followers to rule in your absense."

Tyfus was good, Trayus noted. The Supreme Commander certainly knew what he was doing, which expanded upon his reputation. "I do not desire galactic conquest," he finally responded. "Something quite different from my predecessor's ambitions, I assure you. Serve under me, and you will be granted your deepest desires."

Tyfus frowned. "I struck that bargain with a Sith before," he responded. "It would have cost me my life in the end. What makes you any different?"

A dark voice whispered from the blade rested at Trayus's back, and so the Dark Lord of the Sith unholstered it. This caused a reaction from the guards, but Trayus simply looked at them and continued the motion. He approached, Soulblade in a passive position, and placed the sword on the Supreme Commander's desk.

Tyfus looked at it, then back up at Trayus. "What is this, a gift? Am I to be thought of as one to accept bribes?" The dark voice continued to whisper in its native language, drawing Tyfus's attention back to the artifact.

"You do not have a choice, but to accept my offer," Trayus said, as the Nomad Soul's corruption of the blade began to cast its influence on the Supreme Commander. "I am prepared to face the consequences of your death, but I assure you, my task would be far easier if you were alive to run this empire. Serve me, and you shall be greatly rewarded in the end."

Finally, the blade stopped whispering, and Tyfus looked up. "Then I have no choice," he responded. "You have a deal. What is your name?"

"Darth Trayus... for I am the betrayer to those whom betrayed me."

OOC: Long-winded, but I wanted to get everything out of the way so we could progress the bigger picture along.

Also, Cazz, sorry if the liberties I took with Malice being a casualty in the duel are overboard. Seeing as I never got any info from you, I just made the assumption, based off of your general overview on your end. Let me know, here or elsewhere, if that's contrary, and I'll edit accordingly.
Last edited by Cadden on Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

Darth Invictus watched as his master donned his modified Mandalorian helmet over his head. Trayus turned to face his apprentice, and while Invictus could not see his face, he knew there was determination scattered all over it. “Let me accompany you,” he pressed. “If what we’ve heard is true, you will need additional help on this one.”

Trayus shook his head. “No,” he repeated. “Your place is here, ensuring our new ‘allies’ do not attempt anything stupid. You, Invictus, are my voice until my return. I have faith that you will not disappoint me.”

Invictus nodded in agreement. “I will not fail you,” he assured his master, “but I do not feel it entirely wise for you to confront this Sith Lord alone. These creatures of his alone...”

“Will provide an adequate challenge to reach my goal,” Trayus interrupted. “Do not forget your place, my apprentice.” The emphasis of those words, the very first time such a formality had come from Trayus’s lips, hung in the air. It was a statement of who was clearly the superior of the two. If there was any trace of their friendship left, it had been overwritten by the master/apprentice nature of their new relationship. While Invictus was uncertain if it were his old friend talking, or who he had now become, it was now clear that who Cadden Blackthorne once was, was already long lost to the darkness he subsided to back on Onderon. Consumed by his anger, hatred, and rage. To make things even more complicated, Blackthorne’s soul was now one with whoever this Nomad Soul character was, which told Invisus that, likely, Cadden Blackthorne himself was now dead.

“Yes... my master,” Invictus responded with a bow of his head. “I shall run things in your absence, as per your request.” Trayus said nothing, but merely nodded, before leaving the room. Identifying Trayus as his master left a bitter taste in Invictus’s mouth, and a wrenching feeling in his gut.

Tarix

Darth Sadis was busy at work, preparing his army of Shadowtroopers to claim his rightful position as the one true Dark Lord of the Sith. News reached Tarix quickly of the usurping of power by the outsiders, and Sadis was not about to bow down to another. He had gone along with Invisus’s power grabbing schemes, only to look forward to ending the other’s life at the most opportune moment and securing his position for himself. Invisus was a fool to give him as much power as he had.

But the satisfaction of Invisus’s death was not destined for Sadis, it would seem, as another took the pleasure of ending the former Dark Lord’s life for himself. And now, Sadis had a new obstacle to topple before him. And once he was successful, perhaps from the ruins he could find someone who he could mold into his own image, and deem worthy enough to be his apprentice. It was unlikely that all that followed this new individual shared his ideals.

“My lord,” a Shadowtrooper spoke up, interrupting Sadis’s chain of thought. The Sith Lord turned to face the individual, with a look that spoke, ‘This had better be good,’ on his face. Fortunately for the Shadowtrooper, it was very appropriate. “We have picked up a sensor reading. Incoming ships. They have just dropped out of lightspeed and are on their way planet side.”

There was no mistaking what the purpose of this arrival was. His enemy had come to him. The less work Sadis had to do. “Ready my army... I want to see my enemy burn.” The Shadowtrooper bowed, and left Sadis to himself. The Sith Lord contemplated the ways this usurper could die, and came to the conclusion that he should make it the most humiliating the painful way possible. It was time to call the Blood Wraiths to him. They would be his enemy’s undoing.

As the transport craft landed on the barren surface of Tarix, Darth Trayus was the first to exit, with swarms of troops piling out of their respected transport craft. It was to be the final destination to securing his new empire, and a worthy base of allies to successfully combat the Cult of Shadow. Fueled by nothing more pure than his drive for vengeance, Darth Trayus was ready to take on anything that this Darth Sadis could throw at him. Behind him were many of his troops, ready to give their lives for the greater good of himself, and his campaign.

Before it could happen, Trayus’s unique eyesight picked them up. And, almost without warning, dozens of aberrations in a distinctive humanoid form came into view. Though Trayus could not see their master, he knew they were the Blood Wraiths he had learned about. He quickly assessed the situation and ordered an open fire on any and all of the creatures. Trayus himself unsheathed Soulblade from its resting place against his back, and brought it forth in a defensive position. He would be the Wraiths’ primary target, and he was certain many of his soldiers would die in this attack as well.

The first Wraith made contact with him, and Trayus swiftly brought for the might of his ancient weapon, piercing the creature’s skin. Only slightly unexpectedly, as part of Trayus was fully aware of the properties of Soulblade, the blade struck against the creature as though it were a living thing. The Blood Wraith let out a high-pitched screech, before Trayus quickly finished the creature off. The result was a newfound knowledge of both his own powers, and the powers inherent within Soulblade. It was clear that the ancient Sith sword was constructed for purposes beyond Cadden’s comprehension.

As the Blood Wraiths continued to flood the area, Trayus was certain that it was meant to dwindle his numbers. And, possibly, even to defeat him. But his determination was too strong to have come all this way simply to meet his end, and so he pressed on, cutting down wraiths that he made contact with as though they were made of flimsiplast. Indeed, there was a greater purpose in store for him than simply inheriting the powers of his new ally.

“Mangy beasts,” Trayus yelled to the Blood Wraiths. “I shall send you back to the depths of Chaos!”

Battle raged on, and soon, the Blood Wraiths were dwindling in numbers. But not without the cost of several dozen of Trayus’s solders’ lives. Soon, the remaining Wraiths ceased their attack, and fell back. But it was clear it was not a call of retreat, as soon Trayus picked up on what was about to come down. Due to its very nature, he kept Soulblade out, ready to strike at the next attack that was sure to follow. His followers quickly picked up on it, and hustled to reorganize into a readied position. It was clear that Sadis was intent on keeping him from reaching the fortress in the distance.

Hundreds of armored individuals appeared before them from over a ridge. Encased in crimson-red and black armor, and armed with lightsabers, Trayus detected an unusual connection to the Force in these individuals. Whatever it was, it was not natural, and before the battle took place, he had to applaud Sadis’s knowledge in the arts of Sith alchemy. As the two armies engaged, it was clear that he would have to find these troopers’ weakness, and exploit it, before his army was doomed to die here.

As battle raged on, Trayus became well aware of what Sadis’s plans were, and he could not have someone else rob him of his vengeance. Fighting furiously through the ranks of the Shadowtroopers, Trayus finally unearthed the one weaknesses the Shadowtroopers possessed and, without warning, enacted the first of a wave of victories over this new enemy by shattering the crystal imbued within one of the trooper’s armor. With a majority of his powers of the Force absent, now, it was a simple matter of ending his life before progressing to the next. Trayus yelled out the appropriate order to his dwindling numbers of troops, and through the Force watched in satisfaction as the odds were quickly evened. It was not long before he finally sensed what was, unmistakenly, Darth Sadis’s presence approaching their location.

Finally, it was time to end this.

“Darth Sadis!” Trayus yelled over the commotion of the battle around him, using the Force to project his voice to the incoming assailant. “Come, face me! You shall meet your end here, on this battlefield, today!”

Darth Sadis merely responded with a grin and willingly charged into the battlefield, lightsaber in hand, as he cut his way toward Trayus’s position. Soon, the two engaged in battle, as by the time they met each other Trayus had already exchanged Soulblade for one of his lightsabers. They clashed in combat, both their red blades crashing down on each other as they attempted to get the upper hand. Trayus noted Sadis’s usage of Shii-Cho and Niman, with the reinforced usage of Makashi and Soresu to beat down on his position. But Trayus was easily capable of holding his own against the mundane tactics used by Sadis, and with his widespread proficiency in lightsaber combat, the battle was already deemed victorious.

Regardless, Sadis fought hard and valiantly. Worthy of the title of Sith Lord, Trayus noted, as the attacks began to wear on him. It was clear that Sadis was determined to end Trayus’s life, but conversely Trayus was willing to sacrifice anything to avenge his father’s death. It made it the perfect matchup between the two, but as the duel raged on, it was becoming more and more clear who would come out victorious.

After relentless combat against his foe, Trayus finally managed to find a weakness, and exploit it. He quickly jabbed up at Sadis’s forehead, expecting the Sith Lord to move to parry the attack. The defensive maneuver was expectedly followed through, and without warning, Trayus spun around, unhinged his additional lightsaber, and thrust both blades back toward Sadis. The move impaled the Sith Lord’s chest with ease, causing Sadis’s confident expression to turn to one of surprise. Before any words could be spoken, Trayus finished his attack, cutting the Sith Lord in two and ending his life.

It was a glorious death, one deserving of the skills that Sadis has possessed, but to Trayus, it was still death. “None shall deny me my victory!” he yelled, raising one of his lightsabers high in the air. The battle around him slowly dwindled to a halt as more and more of each side finally caught up to what had just taken place amongst them. Trayus disengaged both of his blades and returned them to their hidden resting places, before turning, unarmed, to face the broken army of the late Darth Sadis. “Your master has fallen in combat,” he yelled to the masses that were against his forces. “You have but two choices!”

Later, as Darth Trayus entered the throne room to the palace on Tarix, he contemplated his next step. He had now secured himself as the supreme figurehead in the Shadow Imperium, but his work was not over yet. Grasping Soulblade in his right hand, he sat himself down upon the throne in the palace, and looked out of the windows before him at the desolate surface of Tarix. Several of his troops approached him and kneeled before him. “Bring me a transmitter,” he ordered. “It is time to make the final blow.” The troops bowed and left Trayus to his thoughts.

Now Sivter will realize the true meaning of fear, Trayus mused as he was alone in the throne room. He contemplated his next move. While he had secured an entire empire for his own ends in a mere matter of days, the task was far from over. He would need to replenish his ranks, as well as find additional Force-sensitive allies to join his cause. There was one place that could provide him with the perfect opportunity to enact his vengeance, but he knew firsthand how difficult it would be to take it on.

The troops returned with his item of request and placed it before him. “Patch me through,” he ordered, and soon Trayus was transmitting his message. “Denizens of the Shadow Imperium,” he began, “I am Darth Trayus, Dark Lord of the Sith. For too long, you have waited for your moment of glory. For too long, you have been denied your opportunity to stake your rightful claim as the next true Galactic Empire.”

There was a pause as Trayus let the words seep in. The Imperium’s goals were clear to him, and Trayus made certain that he would be on the same grounds as Tyfus in the ultimate objective of the organization. What Tyfus was unaware of, however, was that Trayus would have no further use for him once he secured his power within the Imperium.

“Today marks the first day in which we will step in that direction,” he finally continued. “Your time for waiting is over. It is now time to claim your rightful place in this galaxy.” He paused once more, before his words became dark. “This Imperium will fall,” Trayus declared, “and from its ashes shall arise a new order that will shake the very foundations of this galaxy...."