Bark at the Moon... (Rated R - Violence and Gore)

Unrelated stories that take place in a setting besides Star Wars...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu »

Kody smiled back as he wiped away the remnants of blood from his face, "Sorry about that."

He then turned to Marco, "Come on in, should be able to stay here for awhile." Kody then opened the door to his flat and motioned inside, it was a modest place, not too much furniture, the room was mostly dominated by a large television and couch and off in the corner was a desk covered in loose papers.

"Make yourselves at home," he then looked to Miri with a wink, "just tell if there's anything you need from me."
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Miri smiled and pulled a chair out at the small dining table between the living area and the kitchenette, "You can start by getting me a drink... Got any whisky?"

Marco was a little uncomfortable at this slightly rude response. He took a sear alongside her at the table and nodded at Kody, "Erm, can get a drink too? It's been one of those days..."

Meanwhile Miri was spreading papers over the table and appeared to trying to get them into some sort of order. Marco frowned at her, "You managed to find some stuff out then?"

Miri nodded enthusiastically and adjusted her glasses, "Alot actually, you know this area had multiple reports of vampires from a looooooooong time ago... Right when the first settlers arrived here."

Marco nodded, "And? What about all this stuff from the movies about killing them?"

Miri nodded, "Well... It seems most of what we learn from the movies is true, never, ever invite a vampire into your house... That was a mistake you already made. Kirsten shouldn't have been able to overpower you so easily... I think she was powerful because you invited her in... According to all accounts it's non-revocable... Once you invite them in you're screwed... Only cases where revocing an invitation have worked are when a person invited one in, who didn't have the authority to, then the owner of a property tells them they were never invited... Wierd huh?"

Marco nodded, "And garlic and holy water and stuff? We clearly don't need that - Kody took one out with his bare hands, um so to speak...."

Miri shuffled the papers back and fourth a bit, "Hmmm, garlic no, holy water yes... The more powerful a vampire is the greater their general invulnerability, but the greater their weakness's. All the vampires we've seen so far are probably fairly lowly, because they walk in the daylight... The ancient vampire lords burst into flame the moment they enter sunlight..."

Marco rubbed his chin, "Are you getting this Kody? She's saying Travis is actually a bit of a vampire nobody....? That doesn't make sense!"
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu »

Kody smiled at Miri's serious demeanor, "Coming right up," he then walked into the kitchen and poured three glasses of whiskey, gulped one down and then refilled it. As he walked back out into the living room he heard the tail end of the conversation. Mostly they were talking about vampire weaknesses or ways to try and kill them.

Kody put down the three glasses and the bottle on the table and took up a seat, putting his feet up on the table and throwing back another glass of whiskey. "Let me clear some things up, that vamp out there was just some pissant newbie, I could take three of them with one claw, the higher-ups are a completly different story."

He then mused over Miri's comment about Travis showing no signs of being anywhere near a vampire lord. "It wouldn't suprise me, to be honest. I mean Travis isn't exactly evil genius material, he seems more like the muscle of a bigger group alltogether."

Kody picked up a few pieces of the shuffled papers and glanced them over as he sipped on another glass of whiskey, "This is some interesting stuff, Miri. I don't know how you brainy types can stoer all this knowledge."
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Miri frowned, "I can't - that's why I write it down! Look, I've been looking into this half vampire thing too... Vampire society is like a hierarchy right?"

"When they turn a person they call it the embrace, the vampire is the sire and the new vamp is their childer. Now a vampire gains in power the longer they live and feed... But being sired by a more powerful vampire is a big leg up if you like... Although you are more susceptible to vampire weaknesses... Ever notice how Travis always wears sunglasses? And always covers up? Even on warm days, he either wears his biking leathers or that damn trench-coat... He always wears gloves... When he's doing sport he wears a tracksuit and a baseball hat - even if it's roasting... I think he's more sensitive to the sun than his underlings."

Marcao supped his whisky and nodded, "Yeah... That would make sense... Maybe he wears like high factor sunblock?"

Miri shrugged, "I suppose... I'm not sure if it would work... I suppose it should... Anyway, the pointis kill a Sire at the top of a chain and the childer that are still only half vampire can slowly turn back mortal."

Marco rolled his eyes, "We've got to kill Travis then? Jeez... Are we gonna get done for murder?"

Miri laughed, "He's already dead, he's undead... The body would crumble to dust even more quickly than our friend out there... Oh erm, something else... Apparently there's been a rivalry between Lycathropes - that's you two... And the vampires, for eons... They particularly hate Lycanthropes... It all goes back to this legend about Caine the first vampire and father wolf the spirit that gives werewolves there power... I couldn't understand most of it.... Erm, something important by the way... Never ever, under any circumstances allow a vampire to embrace you, that is drain your blood and feed you theirs.... Apparently it causes a violent reaction, and an excrutiating death that incorporates insanity and limbs falling off and stuff - very nasty... And vampires will do that if they know you are Lycanthrope and they get the chance, simply because they are self-obsessed and sadistic... Any questions?"

Marco slugged his whisky and nodded to Kody, "I dunno about you - but this is getting really heavy... I think I should throw the match tomorrow - buy some time, let him think we're scared and playing ball."
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu »

Kody threw back another glass of whiskey before he responded, "Like I said, I'm not one to tell you what to do but I think we shoul try and buy us some time so that's my two cents."

Putting the glass down, Kody began to look over all of Miri's scrambled notes all over the table. Kody then put his hands behind his head and leaned back in the chair, "So, Miri," he began, "read up on anything called a social life?"

Kody at this time had to bring the glass back up to his lips in an attempt to stiffle a laugh.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Miri scowled at him viciously, the comment brought back memories of the days when she HAD been popular. Gradually her clique of friends had abandoned her and then mysteriously become part of Travis group. It hadn't made sense at the time, but now it all fell into place.

Marco drummed his fingers on the table, sensing the tension caused by the comment, "So okay, we should kill Travis... How? Is he powerful enough to need special measures to kill?"

Miri shrugged, "I don't know, it's probably not that simple... Even a vampire lord probably couldn't survive a nuclear weapon in the face... I suppose he's likely to require a great deal of conventional damage..."

She was obviously upset and kept shifting uneasily in her chair, looking nervous and frustrated. Marco tipped the last of his drink back, "Thanks Miri, I'm sorry about dragging you into this mess... Look do you want me to take you home yet?"

A solitary tear ran down her cheek at this point, but she quickly wiped it away and tried to talk normally, "Yeah... I'm a bit tired... I'll leave these notes here with you if you like - I have another copy in the library anyway. There's a page or two on lycanthropes too... Might be interesting..."

Marco stood up slowly and turned to Kody, "I'd better take her... I'm gonna have to go check on Kirsten too... Perhaps we should avoid each other tomorrow at school? I was hoping to ask your advice about changing and how to cope with it but... I dunno, Travis knows what you are, I don't think he suspects I'm the same though, it'd better if I kept it that way until I can control it..."
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu »

Kody glanced at Miri and noticed the hit the comment had made and he automatically kicked himself for saying it.

"I understand, Marco," he began, "don't let Travis think you have anything to do with me, not just yet. Hopefully he won't put anything together from the incident in the lunch room."

"As for changing, I don't have much to say, once you get control of it it comes easier."

Kody then walked up to Miri and grabbed her hand and in a little above a whisper he said, "I'm sorry for what I said. I don't have to be psychic to know what happened. I know what you're going through, I'm going through it too. I can't garauntee that your friends will be back but I can damn well try."

Kody remembered all to well what had happened to Chris and he never wanted another person to have to go through that ever again.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Marco patted Kody on the shoulder, and gave him a knowing look, "Thanks man... Why don't you go down to the gym tomorrow night? You can watch me block every one of his punches with my face!"

He smirked a little at this and noticed Kody do the same. In a few moments he was back on his bike, Miri on the back racing towards her parents house in the 'nicer' part of town. When they pulled into the drive and hopped off, Marco looked uneasily at Miri, "Hey are your parent's in? I'm not sure I..."

She shook her head sharply, "Mom and dad have gone up to the lake, they spend most of the summer at the lake. Why don't you come in for a bit?"

Marco nodded and started following her towards the house, as he stepped though a cloud blew over and bright full moonlight shone directly onto Marco. It triggered soemthing deep, deep inside him. His muscles spasmed and he was thrown onto his hands and knees groaning in agony.

Miri turned as he fell, "Oh god not now! Marco - try to focus! You are YOU! YOU'RE A PERSON, YOU'RE MARCO BURNS!"

By now Marco was writhing on the floor, his feet were growing, his knees had flipped back to front and little black spots were starting to appear over his body, "Ngh! No... I can't control it! It's taking me! Miri get out of here!"

As he talked his gleaming white, elongated canines were exposed, and grey hair began sprouting from his face. He pass the wolfman stage of the change in minutes. Miri screaming in panic, she soon snapped out of it and decided to take action. Their house was well on it's own and there was nobody around but her so she decided to get safe and observe. Without openingher door she clambered quickly up the overgrown trelice and pas tthe dorma window onto the roof. Once there she lay flat on the tiles and peered at the writhing form on the floor, which was quickly looking more dog than man.

Soon there was a pile of ruffled, torn clothes on the floor and a large, fearsome dog sniffing the air and growling, the growl was a low unearthly rumble, louder than should have been possible... The sight was quite astonishing. She considered shouting to try to get his attention, it appeared he'd gone too far though and it would not be worth it though. She watched him sniff around, then bound off into the desert.

Marco awoke with the sun shining on his face. He was shivering and uncomfortable, he ached all over. When he eventually managed to force his eyes open he was surprised to find himself in the middle of nowhere, out in the desert, with not a stitch of clothing on. He had a taste in his mouth too, of blood.

Blood...

Immedietly he feared the worst, his last memory was following Miri into her house... Desperately he forced himself to his feet, cold, uncomfortable and lost. He looked down and saw a wild animals remains, he could see the fur, but the remains were so badly mutilated it was impossible to tell what manner of creature it was.

Relieved that he didn't seem to have hurt a person he began running as fast as he could back along the trail of blood and disturbed sand. He seemed to be running for a long time, but strangely he felt a new strength, like some vitalising drug had been pumped into him. He occasionally passed other mutilated remains, all clearly of animal origin. Luckily it was still early in the morning, he eventually arrived back at Miri's house.

Miri had waited a long time before deciding it was safe to go inside and to bed, and she had barricaded her door just in case. When the knock came at the door, even though it was morning she was fearful of what might greet her. As it was the knocker was a shivering, naked, rather pathetic looking Marco, cupping his genitals in his hands in an attempt to maintain some limited decency.

"Erm, can I come in? It's rather cold out here...."

Miri stepped aside and locked the door after him, "Marco you're okay! I wondered where you'd gone... You're going to have to learn to control this! Come on, you need a hot shower and a cup of cocoa."

She led him to a bathroom, shielding her eyes in respect from his private parts and getting him a fresh towel and a cup of hot cocoa. When he eventually emerged looking refreshed with a towel around his waste he smiled warmly at her, "Thanks Miri, you've been a saint."

She smiled back, "It's okay, I erm, tried to repair your clothes... It didn't work too well though..." She held up the torn, but sewn back into place jeans, T-shirt and sweater.

"Have you got time to go home?"

Marco shook his head, "No... I can't go in those, Travis will know straight away what the score is... Damn!"

Miri scratched her head for a moment, "Hey, I have some jeans and a T-shirt you can borrow... You can go home at lunch and get changed?"

Marco screwed his face up, "What? I can't do that!"

"You don't have to borrow any underwear silly! I sewed your boxers back together last night, nobody will see them!"

Marco shook his head, "No it's English first and it'll be for us to work on coursework anyway... I'll go home and change..."

Miri burst out laughing at this, "Hah! You better 'not' change
... You're better off turning up to school as a human I think..."

Marco rolled his eyes at this and pulled his makeshift repaired clothes on, while using the towel to cover himself, "Hardy har har! Very funny... Should have seen that one coming..."

Soon they went their seperate ways, Marco racing to his house and Miri, catching the bus to school.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

When Marco arrived back at his house, his mom still wasn't home and no reply to his text message. The house was echoing with the sound of sobbing. He knew where it was coming from - the cellar. He grabbed a sandwich and a bottle of water from the fridge, then darted down into the cellar. Sure enough in the room at the back Kirsten was still sitting locked up, crying... He approached the cage,

"Hey... Sorry I didn't get back - I have my own problems to deal with."

She looked up, her bloodshot eyes filled with tears, "You... You've got to set me free! NOW!"

He looked at her uneasily, "I can't... I promised you I'd help you and setting you free is NOT going to help you... Here - I brought you some food and water."

At arms reach he shoved the sandwich and bottle into the cage.

"Hah! You call that nourishment... I need to FEED! LET ME GO!"

Marco shuddered at the sound of her voice, it was rough, almost demonic sounding... But he held fast.

"I'll see you later Kay!"

With that he rushed upstairs, changed his clothes and jumped onto his bike. Soon he was racing towards the school, he would be late for his first lesson, but it didn't matter. When he got to it, he apologised for his lateness and tried to focus on his work. It was difficult, the events of the last few days had been mind blowing and they had piled up too.

The rest of the day passed slowly until he managed to engross himself in his work. At lunchtime he met Miri in the canteen,

"Miri, hows it going?"

She shrugged, "Not bad, how are YOU feeling?"

Marco rubbed his chin thoughtfully, "Hmmm, good question... I feel a bit weak - as if I've done too much sport... But I feel energised! I feel really alive, as if I've had some awesome drug... I just wish I'd been able to control it...."

Miri frowned at him, "So do you remember what happened?"

He sighed deeply, "I remember starting to change, thinking 'oh crap, I'd better get away from Miri before I lose all sense of humanity' Then running away from the house on all fours... Then waking up naked in the desert.... Wierd huh?"

Miri shook her head softly, "No, not wierd, It's interesting that you still had that much cognitive function whilst in canine form... You're going to have to try and learn to control it though... Come on - let's get some food."

Together they queued, bought food and sat together eating, Travis didn't turn up, probably feeling that he'd done nough the previous day to ensure Marco would fall in line with him.

Marco finished his food and supped his cola, "Hey have you seen Kody today?"

She shook her head, "I've been in lessons for most of today... Maybe we'll see him at the match? Do you know who you are fighting?"

Marco shrugged, "No... Some private school I think... I wonder if Travis knows him? That would explain the threat to lose... But... I don't know... I don't know if it makes sense..."

Miri swigged her cola, "Time will tell, do what you feel is right at the time... Just don't let him mess up that cure face."

Marco went red at this and he dismissed it, "Yeah well, I suppose I'll see you at the match."

They soon parted ways. The afternoon flew by in a flash. Marco had headed to the lockers and gotten changed into his boxing gear. By the time he made it to the gym the ring was already setup with the spot lights, the crowds were lining the benches and a real competitive atmosphere was starting to build. Coach O'Grady clocked him as soon as he entered and rushed over to him beaming with enthusiasm,

"Well kid? You all set? don;t forget, keep moving, duck and weave, try and reserve some energy for the later rounds!"

Marco nodded as he pushed his gumshield in. Miri was sitting in the front row of the benches, she'd reserved a space next to her with her bag, presumably for Kody. She smiled and waved at him once he noticed her.

Soon the fight was ready to begin, his opponent was named as Zak Straker, of Wellworth Academy. Marco entered the ring first, when he saw his opponent things fell into place. His opposite had the distinct look of a Travis-ite. Losing the match would probably not prove difficult from his previous experience. He thought about just letting him knock him to the mat and staying down, but his pride would not allow it - no get a few good hits in, last a few rounds, then let him get the upper hand...

The bell rang and Marco came out of his corner bobbing and weaving, left to right.
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu »

Kody entered the gym and surveyed the scene of the boxing match, Marco was in the ring and he spied Miri in the stand with an open seat next to her.

He made his way through the crowd, and sat next to her, "I hope this seat wasn't taken."

He then cracked a small grin and laughed.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

The round had just started when Marco noticed Miri politely move her bag for Kody. He watched Kody sit next to her then...

*** WHACK! ***

He was rocked violently sideways, by the hook... Opening the fight with a hook?! This guy meant business...

Miri whispered in a shallow breath to Kody, "He changed last night you know.... Straight into a wolf with no pause... It took over his mind... You're going to have to try to help him. Otherwise he's going to be more of a danger than anything..."

*** SMACK! ***

Marco was wobbling already, the uppercut had come from nowhere and lifted him off the ground. Marco scowled at his grinning opponent, whose pale grey complexion and bloodshot eyes reminded him of Kirsten...

He raise his guard and tried to defend a little better, maybe get a jab or two in... Miri was wincing every time he took a hit... He decided he couldn't hack this for long, he'd go down in the second and let him have the match...

*** WHACK! ***

Marco bounced onto the ropes, feeling a bit dazed from the force of the blow...

*** WHACK! ****** SMACK! ***

This time Marco was sent sliding across the floor of the ring, his nose bloodied... He climbed to his hands and knees and fought his way up.

Miri whispered to Kody again, as she winced at the struggling Marco, "I hate to say this Kody, but I think we're in some serious shit here... Something big has been going on for a while... And nobody is going to stop if we don... Ooh that must have hurt?! WHY doesn't he go down?"

*** CRACK! ***

Having climbed to his feet again, Zak had landed a vicious straight punch to his eye, cutting his eyebrow and sending him spinning crumpled to the mat.

Marco climbed to his feet quickly and easily satisfied the ref that he was fit to fight... He looked at that mocking face... It reminded him of Kirsten... Of Travis... Of all this shit he'd been landed in... Soon he could feel his rage building... He could feel it at the depths of his soul... The moon calling to him, whispering of unspeakable power...

He tried to cast it out of his mind while dodging around the ring, then he saw that face laughing at him again and the rage grew... He saw the moon out of a high window in the corner of his eye and suddenly his gumshield began to hurt, like it didn't fit well...

Zak landed another punch square on his nose, but this time he didn't budge an inch... His nose and eye were pouring with blood, as the blood trickled into his mouth he let out a low, almost inaudible growl... And Zak suddenly looked surprised...

Leaping forwards with inhuman speed Marco unleashed a flurry of blows, culminating in awild upwards hook, that lifted Zak off the mat, over the ropes and landed him knocking over the timekeepers table, his nose turned almost inside out...
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu »

To Kody, the movements of Marco's punches moved in normal motion but he knew to others it was merely blurs of motion. Kody stood from his seat quickly, "Sorry Miri, I think he might need help."

Kody then jumped down the bleachers and ran towards the ring scanning the area for anyone else making their way to the ring. "Marco! What the hell man?"

Kody then leapt from the ground into the ring and moved next to Marco, he knew that this kid had some friends and they wouldn't be too happy.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

The rage had built so quickly... He'd fully intened to throw the fight, but his instincts had control over. The ref had signalled a knockout, he'd won and people were swarming itnot he ring, including Coach O'Grady. During the bustle he could feel his skin starting to itch and his gumshield getting more and more uncomfortable...

Desperately he was trying to will himself to maintain his human form, but he could tell he was failing, he whispered to Kody, "I'm changing! I can't stop it! You've got to get me out of here!"

Miri saw the look on Marco's face and recognised it, she could guess what Marco had said to Kody so she rushed into the ring. Marco's knees started to give and his muscles started to spasm, "... Kody, get me out!" his legs failing he grabbed onto Kody to support himself. Miri meanwhile pushed herself infront of his face to hide his now glowing yellow eyes and started screaming, "Give him some space he's having an asthma attack! We need to get him out of here!"

Coach O'Grady screamed at her, "It's alright I know how to deal with this! I know first aid!"

Miri looked baffled for a moment then shook her head violently, "No he's got a erm, special, rare sort of asthma... Erm, Lycothropanic Mesitia, and Kody is the only who is trained to help him, hee needs to get him somewhere quiet!"
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu »

Kody didn't need to think twice as he hefted Marco over his shoulder and ran towards the locker room. He pushed Miri in through the door and once he was through he put Marco down and using his amplified strength he moved a locker in the way of the door.

Then he turned back to Marco writhing in pain on the floor, "Dammit, Marco, focus!"

He slapped Marco on the face, "Focus on yourself, focus on being human! You have to fight the primal urge!"

"Miri! Back away in case I can't stop him!" Kody ordered as he tried to hold Marco's arms down.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Miri was in a state of panic by this point, seeing the change the night previously. Desperate to help she got a plastic cup from the water cooler and handed it to Kody, "Here, try splashing some water over his face or something?!"

Then she backed away as far as she could while Marco desperately fought the change. He was trying, Kody's arms pinning his shoulders to the deck and his stern words about focus'ing were having an effect... They were slowing the change down, but it felt like a landslide, or a steamroller, the momentum was so great.

Despite his efforts his teeth started to elongate further, thick black hairs began sprouting from his body and he felt his spine stretching and contorting. He looked at his hands and what passed for hands now were giant long clawed things tipped with razor sharp black nails...

' I'm a wolfman...'

It occurred to Marco in his head, almost laughingly what he was at this stage, the humour seemed to trigger some chemical in his body and the change slowly subsided. Now looking like a fearsome giant beast out of a horror film his human personality seemed to have full control, he smiled at Kody, "Hey, I think I've stopped it!"

Kody backed off a little and he climbed to his feet, the first thing that struck him was how the world looked when you were nearly a foot taller. His vision was different too, he could see clearly into dark corners with ease. His whole body felt alive and energetic.

Marco's thoughts were interrupted by a banging on the door, "Open up! I want in there NOW!"

It was coach O'Grady, banging on the door with all his might and screaming to be let in.

Miri having climbed down off the lockers darted up to the giant Marco and Kody, "We can't let them see him like this! Marco change back! Quickly!"

Marco grinned, his huge sharp canines gleaming int he flourescent light of the changing room and he shrugged, "Erm, okay good idea - Kody, how exactly does one go about changing back!?"

The banging on the door started again and the coach was screaming, "Get this door open NOW!"

Marco looked around in panic and tried to think human thoughts, "Erm, I'll be out in a minute coach! I'm in the middle of getting changed!"

He grabbed Kody's shoulders and looked him square in the eye with his glowing yellow eyes, "C'mon man! What can I do to change back?! We're running out of time!"
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu »

Kody looked to Marco, "This can get tricky, you need to think of a memory that can bring out your human feelings. Think of something you love, something that means a lot to you."

Kody then stood in front of the door as the locker he moved there was slowly being pushed out of the way, "Think of something that you know makes you feel love or being loved."
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Marco shrugged softly, 'What to think about... Um?'

Miri was looking around in a panic, the beating at the door was not subsiding...

Despite his best efforts, despite running through every concievable memory that might trigger the change Marco simply could not change back.

*** CRASH ! ***

The locker Kody had jammed against the door tumbled onto the floor and coach O'Grady stormed in, "What in hell's name are you playing at?!"

Miri and Kody looked at a perfectly human, but out of breath looking Marco. Miri approached the coach, "It's okay, he's fine now - he erm, forgot to take his medication that's all..."

Marco raised an eyebrow at her at this but let it slip - it seemed to do the trick. The coach walked up to him and patted him firmly on the back, "That was good work there son, you're going to have to watch it though - I need you in the ring, not having attacks in the locker rooms! I'll see you at practice okay?"

Marco nodded, "Thanks coach, I'll try to be erm, more careful..."

It had been right on the line, the shock of the crashing locker had made him panic... A second longer and he would have been exposed - he suspected the Travisite's would have noticed his state in the ring, and reported back to Travis. As the coach left he turned to Kody, "Look man, it's getting late - I need to get home and check on Kirsten, can you give Miri a lift to her house? I'm worried I might be followed and I don't want to endanger anyone..."

Miri scoweled at him, "Hey I am here you know... I'm not a baby! We're in this together now!"

Sighing deeply Marco placed his hands softly on her shoulders, "Miri, please do this for me, I'm not planning on taking anyone on tonight- I just think I've got a better chance of escaping a confrontation alone. "

He turned to Kody, "C'mon man tell her! "
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu »

Kody shrugged, "He's right Miri, the last thing that either of us would want to happen is if you were caught up in the middle of this."

Kody pulled his keys from his pocket and spun them around his finger, "So, do you need a ride or do you really feel like taking your chances alone?"
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Miri glared at Marco and sighed petulantly, "FINE! We'll go back to my place, you call us as soon as you get back, if you're not back in an hour we'll call you."

Miri followed Kody out of the gym, past the still thronging crowds and to the parking lot. Marco meanwhile was hurriedly getting changed into his jeans and sweater. He grabbed his helmet, stuffed his sports gear into the locker and left the gym. As soon as he was in the corridor he started to feel uncomfortable, he vulnerable, like he was being watched from every angle. Instead of heading straight out to his bike he went tinto the one of the classrooms near to where it was parked and peered out. Sure enough, a small posse of Travis goons were standing near, leaning on the wall. How could he get his bike?

The silence was broken at that point by the booming of an engine, Kody's black Charger roared past them nearly knocking them over, Kody was driving, Miri in the passenger seat and... Somebody in the back?

The car disappeared at speed beyond the school gates, in a panic the three watching the bike ran off to a car and leapt in then sped after the charger.

Miri smiled at Kody, "Good idea... It's working - I don't think it would have fooled Travis, but the lower down's bought it hook line and sinker - let them think they can keep up, get them away from the school then lose em'."

She turned her head and smirked at the carefully dressed manequin they'd 'borrowed' from the fashion design department and dressed to look like Marco...

Meanwhile Marco waited a few moments for the crowds to clear and when the coast was clear he ran out and jumped on his bike. Thankfully it kicked into life first time and he was speeding down the highway at full pelt. Once he was on the open road he felt immedietly vulnerable again, he thought he could hear flapping overgead somewhere. Apart from the moon and the stars the sky was pitch black. He rode past Chalmers road and took the main highway, as he turned to pull into his drive a mighty force threw him from his bike.

Sliding along the sidewalk, Marco climbed to his feet and peered around. There wasn't a soul there. Slowly he walked towards his house, then...

*** SMACK! ***

He was sent to the deck, face first, he rolled onto his back and looked up, nobody was there. Scrambling to his feet he darted through his drive and...

*** SLAM! ***

An arm swang out like an iron bar and hit him square in the face, he hit the deck but by the time he'd opened his eyes, there was nobody there. Climbing to his feet with a definate wobble he limped toards the house as fast as he could. As he fumbled with his keys he heard a familiar voice - it was Travis, "Well, well, Marco Burns, I'm not impressed... You simply couldn't follow simple easy instructions could you? And lo and behold, what do we find out? You're one of 'them'! I think it's time we removed you and your other four legged friend before you seriously inconvenience me!"

Marco desperately threw the lock and jumped into the house, then turned Travis was at his door, not coming in, but not looking frustrated. "Marco, you can't escape... You can't stay in there forever... I never age and I never die... You can't win..."

Marco stood up and looked around desperately, his mother had a silver crucifix hanging ont he wall he grabbed it and approached Travis with the cross held out at arms length. Travis simply grapped the cross, twisted it out of Marco's grip and threw it over his shoulder, "Oh please... Give me a break - you DON'T believe in god so why should god believe in you?"

At that point unseen by Marco Kirsten had emerged from the basement. The steel collar still around her neck, but the bracket ripped from the wall and being carried carefully so as not to make a sound. While Marco stood there she raised the bracket high, he turned too late and the steel hit him square on the temple, knocking him out cold.

When Marco came to, he was in an unfamiliar place. Now the steel collar from his house was attached to his neck and the chain was padlocked to the floor. In front of him was a ceramic bowl, with the word 'Dog' on the front, inside it was fresh out of a can dog food with dog biscuits mixed in.

Slowly he raised his head, he was in a large building, darker than the night outside, and there were stands in the distance filled with Travis's recruits. He'd never seen so many at once, he'd never realised there could be so many Vampires... Wall to wall, lining the building. Standing close to him was Travis, "Well Burns, this is your fate - accept it! We've always wanted a pet - now eat your food!"

Marco tried to pull the collar off, as he stood up, but it was solid, "Never!"

Suddenly Travis was behind him shoving his face into the bowl, "EAT BURNS! THIS IS YOUR FOOD!" The cold stinking dog meat pressing against his face made Marco want to puke, but Travis grip was so strong he couldn't move, soon he couldn't breath. At that point, Travis flipped him onto his back and pinned his hands to the floor, as he did so Chris, Kirsten and a few more rushed over. Some pinned his ankles down, some his arms and some his body. Totally incapacitated Marco started struggling and trying to free himself, he even started to wish for the change, but it didn't come.

Smiling wickedly Kirsten knelt next to his head, "I didn't like the food you left me Marco, that wasn't what I wanted, but you gave it me anyway... I'm going to give you some of this now..."

Before he could utter a protest with one hand she held his nose, as he was forced to open his mouth she shoved a massive handful of dog meat and biscuits into his mouth and held her hand there. "Chew Marco! I won't let you breath until you've eaten up!"

Tears running down his cheeks Marco ate the vile tasting combination and Kirsten allowed him to take a breath, then stuffed another handful in, "Same again Marco! You've got a whole bowl to finish here!" His oesophagus kept retching instinctively, trying to throw up , but Kirsten was gleefully force feeding him more and more.

Once the bowl was finished the vampires backed off quickly, leaving only Travis and Kirsten within reach. Groaning in discomfort he heaved, wretched, then threw up onto the floor. The taste was utterly foul and would simply not go away, he tried to wipe the wet meat and fresh vomit off his face and scowled at Travis, "Alright, you've had your fun, now let me go!"

Travis smirked at this, "Burns, Burns, you don't understand! I'm about to give you a choice, but I wanted you to have an informed choice! That was a taste tester... Kirsten here wasn't too happy about your imprisoning her and starving her, she wanted YOU to be her first! But that's not how I work?! I'm fair you see, and I'm going to offer you this choice, option one you stay here within our lair for until you die of old age, we'll feed you dog food once a day, we'll even get you a dog basket to sleep in! Option two, we free you, but then you'll fight me... If you win you go free, if you lose, Kirsten will embrace you... She will drink your blood until there is no blood left in you, then she will cut herself and feed you some of her blood... You will then endure the most painful death imaginable. I've never seen it myself, I'm quite looking forwards to it. Apparently watching a werewolf die from a vampire embrace is a rare and spectacular treat... What do you choose?"

Marco could feel his rage buliding again, he knew he had no chance against Travis, but at the same time he didn't care... As his anger built he grew, the change didn't hurt this time, and he stopped it at with no problems at the wolfman stage. Now a nearly seven foot hairy monster he grabbed the steel collar with both hands and ripped it apart throwing the two halves on the floor.

Kirsten had retreated to the crowd and Travis had gone. Marco sniffed the air, he could smell Travis...

*** WHACK! ***

He was thrown forwards but he rolled and stood again, bearing his claws he lunged at Travis who simply twisted to avoid him and swung an arm lifting Marco twenty foot off the floor and sent him sailing through the air across the room. Marco stood up shakily and ran at Travis slashing wildly, Travis simply floated up above him and dropped behind him, grabbed his leg and swung him 180 degrees through the air slamming him onto the concrete floor. The crowd were starting to cheer now, and Marco noticed Kirsten drooling in anticipation. He stood up , span around and ran at Travis slashing wildly. Travis this time grabbed his arms and held them like a steel vice, then while holding him began kicking him hard in the torso, it felt like his internal organs were rupturing but he couldn't scape the vice like grip. He howled in pain as his shoulders and elbows were dislocated from the force. After allowing him to crumple onto the floor Travis knelt on top of him and began purposefully punching his face, left, then right, with enough force to wrench a mortals head clean off. Marco tried to bring his arms up to defend, but they simply wouldn't work now...

The blows rained down, Marco desperately trying to free himself, but the blows continued, until eventually he fell limp, his strength gone and his face so battered he couldn't see.

Travis stood up at this point and Marco quickly reverted to his human form, Kirsten walked over almost in a trance and knelt down next to him. He was vaguely aware of her in his dazed state and he felt her warm breath on his neck, then the two sharp punctures of her teeth sinking into his jugular.

As the teeth dug in he began to feel light headed, as the blood was drained from his body. Gradually he begain to feel colder and colder, then his thoughts faded to blackness and nothing... Marco was dead...

Kirsten grinned evily, blood running down her cheeks, she held up her own wrist and bit the vein hard, then she opened Marco's mouth and held the bleeding wrist in it....

Marco was suddenly aware again... But he was disorientated and... The pain... His soul felt like it was writhing in the fires of hell. Every cell in his body felt like it was on fire, he screamed, then he started fitting... Jerking around, foaming at the mouth. His eyes started pouring with blood as he thrashed around uncontrollably.

The spectating vampires were enjoying hte show, many of them smirking and laughing...

Miri hung up the phone, "Kody - he hasn't made it back! It's been nearly two hours now! What are we going to do?"
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu »

In a flash, Kody grabbed his keys from the counter and threw them towards Miri, "We go after him."

"You drive," he said as he walked to the door, "I know where they'd keep him. It's the same place they turned Chris and tried to turn me."

Miri tried to object but Kody stopped her, "Now is not the time, Miri! We need to get there soon or they'll kill him."

Within minutes, Kody's charge rumbled towards a large industial building and Miri stopped right in front of a large metal door, "It's probably locked," she noted as she tested the large door's handle.

Kody stepped out of his car and ripped off his shirt, "Shouldn't be a problem," he said as he grinned. Then, with a loud yell that evolved into a howl, Kody's body began it's change, instead of the wolfman phase that he had seen Marco in in the locker room, Kody's body changed into an nine foot black furred wolf. He could only imagine the look on the faces of those inside as his claws jammed through the door and ripped the garage door from it's hinges.

With a flick he threw the door to the side and stepped into the warehouse, there was complete silence as the occupants turned to look towards Kody. Then he roared again and pounced onto the nearest group of vampires and tore them apart, however it wasn't soon after he felt a blow to the back of the head and when he rolled over he saw Chris hefting a metal pole, "Come on you mutt! Let's finish this!"

Getting back to his feet Kody lunged at Chris with his claws outstretched, hopefully the other vampires would be too preoccupied to notice Miri trying to grab Marco.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Miri surveyed the carnage from outside. It was difficult to make out entirely what was going on... There were vampires, Kody savaging a group of them and... Marco... He appeared to be having some sort of siezure, the vampires were focused on Kody, but she simply wasn't confident about being able to sneal in, grab Marco and drag him out.

She looked back at Kody, his attacks were frenzied and savage, several vampires were limping away from the scuffle, their taste for a fight gone... But then Travis was approaching... In this light he looked significantly different to the others, menacing, almost animalistic...

She looked back at Kody then Marco, she had to do SOMETHING!

Desperate she pulled the warhouse door wider open, so ig was gaping, then rushed back to Kody's charger and sat in the drivers seat. Twisting the ignition key the engine rumbled into life and she knocked it into gear and dropped the clutch. The wheels span violently, smoke bpouring off them and the rubber made a squealing noise on the concrete, then the car lurched forwards.

The sound drew some vampires attention to her, but as they looked she crashed into them, sending them bouncing off the bonnet. As she sped past Kody's battle, she swung the wheel around hard and hit the gas, drifting the drivers door to where Marco was lying, in a state. In a flash she opened the door and flipped the seat forwards, then dragged him up and shoved him, still fitting onto he back seat. Clipping the seat back into position she saw the collar and the bowl... A tear welled up in her eye, but she didn't let it get hold of her. Putting her feelings aside she pointed the car towards the scuffle at the other end of the building, and slammed her foot down hard.

The vampires were fighting bravely against Kody, but weren't able to overpower him. However they were thinning out slightly, Travis was approaching, his ears had grown long and pointed, and his skin was now an almost translucent white. His nails grown into long razor sharp claws he was floating a few inches off the ground towards Kody...

*** SLAM! ***

The force of the front of the car hitting him sent Travis hurtling into the side wall of the building, it didn't slow him down though, as his feet hit the ground he began walking again. Miri pushed the passenger door open and screamed at Kody, "GET IN!"
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu »

With a short leap Kody lept towards the open door and in midair changed back to his human form, "Go! Go! Go!" he yelled.

Miri put her foot to the floor and the charger rocketed out of the warehouse and into the street beyond. It was at this time Kody looked over his bare chest which was covered in large gouges that were slowly healing slightly leaving scars behind.

Turning back to Marco he examined him, trying to hold him down while he was seizuring, "What the hell happened to him?"
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Miri shrugged while she hurled the car around another corner, tearing away from the scene. "I'm not sure... I have a suspicion... Oh God I hope we can do something for him."

As the car left the industrial estate and entered the highway, Miri adjusted Kody's rearview mirror to look at Marco. Sure enough two tiny puncture holes were on his neck at about where the jugular was.

"Crap! Kody, he's been embraced! Crap, crap, crap.... We should go to my place - I don't think they know it, we can get him out and and try to make him comfortable, I don't know if there's anything else we can do..."

Eventually the car rolled into Miri's drive and she climbed out quickly and fumbled her keys out of her pocket, "Get him inside!"
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu »

Kody swung open his door and then pulled Marco from the back and hefted him over his shoulder. Once Marco was on his shoulder, Kody ran for the house and put Marco down on the nearest couch, "This is not good, this is really not good," he said.

Walking back out to his car, Kody popped open the trunk and grabbed a black Metallica shirt and pulled it on over his numerous scars and re-entered the house.

"What can we do? I mean I thought when this happens the werewolf would die automatically?"
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Miri simply looked at the now shivering Marco lying on the couch. Blood was pouring from his fingernails and eyes, and ears... He was sweating profusely.

"I... I don't know what we do... Apparently yes, they simply die, well sort of... Once a Vampire drains your blood you're dead, then if they feed you their blood you become undead - which is different to being alive... Werewolves have to have a soul, Vampires cannot be if they have a soul. I guess we should just look after him and hope for the best..."

Marco's soul at this point was in another place, high on a mountain top, in a different world. A world where the ground is only rocks, ash and fire. The sky only blackness and deep red lightning bolts. Eventually he felt a wet sensation on his face and he felt a little better. He opened his eyes and looked around him, seeing the desolate landscape for the first time. An ancient looking mangy wolf, with silver fur had been licking his face... And Kirsten, was sitting on a rock a few feet away. She looked ill, gaunt... As if the life had been drained from her.

"Wha... Where the hell am I?"

Kirsten forced a weak smile, "Exactly, this is hell... I'm surprised to see you here though... I think he's something to do with it."

She was gesturing towards the silver furred wolf sitting quietly nearby. Marco looked at him, and instantly knew who he was...

"He's father wolf... He's not supposed to be here though... He'll be destroyed if they find him... He's saved me..."

Kirsten sighed deeply, "I'm sorry Marco, it wasn't me you understand... When you become a Vampire a dark shadow of your soul is created, a demon, that starts by whispering dark thoughts into your mind, when you succumb to it it siezes control and you are only a spectator through your own eyes, helpless to control what you say or do... The only release for them is death... Some desire it, I do, and many others, others take glee in the evil actions they perform and feel that they are doing it themselves... Travis is like that... He's here..."

Marco climbed steadily to his feet, "How do I get back?"

The wolf whimpered softly at him, but he knew what Father wolf meant instinctively, he frowned at Kirsten, "He says he can take me back, he can't take you back though - you don't have the mark of the wolf... It's going to be at great cost to him to do it, and great cost to me... He says I'll become something different if I return, neither wolf nor bat, but a beast that is the best and the worst of both... I don't want to leave Kody and Miri to their fate though..."

Kirsten approached Marco, "If you're going back and you think you can stop them, then you have to stop them... I've been to their meetings... Travis is merely a foot soldier in the grand scheme of things. Here's how it works, the vampire higher castes don't live in the world, they live in a part of the nearby city Saxton. Totally undercover and protected by ancient vampire magic so that people can find their way in by accident but cannot find their way out. Travis job is simple, he is to recruit as many youngsters as he can, they then take their family out in the car to Saxton with a phony story... Once they are there the family is captured and imprisoned within the blood farms, giant buildings where they are kept alive but drained constantly of blood to feed the vampire society..."

Marco was trying to take it all in, it sounded insane, he couldn't believe what he was hearing, but Kirsten was the real Kirsten, the Kirsten before the change...

The wolf barked shortly at him, and Marco turned to Kirsten, "I have to go - he's running out of time..."

Kirsten looked at him with pleading eyes, "Marco, if you get the chance - kill me, there's no other escape for me now... Please... Kill me..."

A tear ran down Marco's cheek and he nodded softly, then turned to follow the wolf, as he followed him a white light engulfed them and Kirsten turned from the mountain top and wandered back towards the crowds in the valleys...

Back in the house, Marco's body had stopped reacting, it had been several hours and it was now the early hours of the morning. Miri had made Kody and herself a coffee and they'd been sitting watching MTV, they'd just been watching the video to 'Beast and the Harlot" by Avenged Sevenfold;

This shining city built of gold, a far cry from innocence,
There's more than meets the eye round here, look to the waters of the deep.
A city of evil.
There sat a seven-headed beast, ten horns raised from his head.
Symbolic woman sits on his throne, but hatred strips her and leaves her naked.
The Beast and the Harlot.

She's a dwelling place for demons.
She's a cage for every unclean spirit,
every filthy bird and makes us drink the poisoned wine to fornicating with our kings.
Fallen now is Babylon the Great.

The city dressed in jewels and gold, fine linen, myrrh and pearls.
Her plagues will come all at once as her mourners watch her burn.
Destroyed in an hour.
Merchants and captains of the world, sailors, navigators too.
Will weep and mourn this loss with her sins piled to the sky,
The Beast and the Harlot.

every filthy bird and makes us drink the poisoned wine to fornicating with our kings.

The day has come for all us sinners.
If you're not a servant, you'll be struck to the ground.
Flee the burning, greedy city.
Lookin' back on her to see there's nothing around.

I don't believe in fairytales and no one wants to go to hell.
You've made the wrong decision and it's easy to see.
Now if you wanna serve above or be a king below with us,
You're welcome to the city where your future is set forever.

As the last chorus rang out, Marco's eyes bolted straight open, but his eyes were pits of blackness, darker than the darkest night. Miri looked at him, "Crap! What's happening to him now!?"

At that point the doorbell rang, it was nearly 5 AM, Miri looked at Kody, "Please, I know who that will be... We both do... Just don't invite them in - we can hold out until daybreak!"

Travis, Chris and some of the other higher ups in Travis gang were standing waiting patiently outside the door, laughing amongst themselves, Travis called out, "Very cosy little threesome you have going in there! How about inviting us in too!?"

His cronies burst out laughing at this feeble attempt at humour.
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu »

Kody walked over to Marco and tried to examine him, "Dude? What the hell is going on?"

Then there was the knock at the door and looking through the window he could see Travis, Chris and a few other vampires waiting for them. "Piss off, you motherless bastards."

It was then that Chris' face jumped in front of the window, "That's not nice, Kody. You know I have a mother," he then licked his lips, "a delicious mother." He then gave an evil grin that showed his fangs.

"Son of a-," Kody then reached for the door but he felt Miri's arms wrap around him, "No! You can't open that door!"

The anger inside Kody was welling up, but he managed to keep himself under control long enough to walk away from the door and sit back down in the kitchen, "So now what?"
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Marco at this point was in a catatonic state, his eyes were still pure black, but glazed looking, he'd started breathing slowly, purposefully now. Miri looked through the door into the living room then looked at Kody, "He shouldn't be breathing, every account, every written record, everything describes what he went through before, the fits the bleeding, the vomitting... Then limbs falling off and flesh melting away and other nasty stuff... Something's not right..."

It seemed harsh, Miri's fear was pure fear of the unknown. Travis face appeared outisde the kitchen window with two of his cronies behind him, "You're a big man Kody, sitting there watching your friend die while his killer have fun just outside the door! Maybe you'd like some dog food? We gave Marco a big bowl - but we can get some more for you!"

Miri walked up to the window and pulled the blind down, "Kody, don't rise to them, whatever happens we are in a better situation if we stay indoors until daybreak... I want to go through some of the pages I photocopied see if I can find some record of what's happening to him... Get us a drink if you want, pop's drinks cabinet is in the lounge."

Miri pulled out some photocopied notes and began reading at the kitchen table, the vampires climbing over the house and jeering and goading all the time...
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Marco's state was like a lucid dream. He was part in the room, and part in the spirit world, his soul had managed to re-assert itself in his body, but thte destruction of the corruptive vampire blood and the radical changes had messed him up badly.

Lying on the sofa he felt the sort of dazed calmness that overcomes car accident victims as they are being loaded into the ambulance. He understood now, the gift of lycanthropy, the noble blood... Tainted by the corrupted...

The warmth and strength he'd been given by Father wolf flowed through him, but his hatred of the walking dead cavorting around, mocking him... Mocking life itself... Still catatonic and unable to move he uttered a soft whisper, almost totally inaudible, 'Invite them in...'

As he spoke a calm smile grew on his face, and the deep black in his eyes flowed into the flesh around his eye sockets, ever so slowly, milimetre by milimetre...

At that point Miri yelped, "Hah! There!" Scuffling up her papers she walked into the living room and sat next to Kody, showing him a paragraph, difficult to read...

Lucetus was embraced by Kurnis, the leader of the gypsy vampires. He would have been the seventh of their number to fall to corruption, but somehow the corruption didn't kill him. He became something unseen before, an abomination that should never have been allowed to exist. The blood heritage of Father wolf tainted and morphed into something dark and foreboding. Salom called him an abomination, and cast him out from the pack, saying that Father wolf would never bless their actions with such a cursed being amongst them. Incensed at the unfairness of it, Lucetus went into a rage and singlehandedly attacked the vampires camp, slaughtering all but one of the three score and seven vampires that perverted the area with their presence. The vampire lord Mervil pierced him with a silver rapier, at the very last moment in the fight when he looked to be beaten. The pack, discovered this through....

The rest of the photocopy was blank, indicating a rip in the page of the book it was copied from. Miri adjusted her glasses and looked Kody in the eye, "I don't know what it means - but that says to me there's hope!"

'Invite them in...'

Again the soft whisper and the blackness now covering his face slowly, like black treacle. He was smiling more warmly now and his teeth had changed again, the canines had grown thin and long like needles, and the incisors too... Gradually a deep red glow flickered into life in his eyes...

Miri looked at the clock, "It's nearly 6am we don't have to hold out much longer... What do you think we should do come daybreak?"
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu »

Kody took the notes from Miri and glanced them over, "Hmm," he mused aloud, "I think I've heard of something like this but I always thought it was just some impossible myth."

At that time Kody heard the vampires crawling on the house, "Then again, apparently we are all supposed to be too."

Kody looked up from the notes towards the window where the vampires were congregating, "We have to do something, I mean we can't just stay here forever. But then again, what can we do? Will daybreak even have the big an effect on them?"
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

While Kody's attention had been drawn away, while he and Miri had been concentrating on the notes, the blackness had spread over Marco's body and his form had stretched and hardened. All this had happened silently, hit clothes wrecked with only a sliver of jeans around his waist and thights, Marcosat slowly, silently up.

His eyes were like two gateways to hell, the deep red flames licking around inside them, every other part of his body was the darkest, blackest black you could imagine...

Miri looked up by chance over Kody's shoulder and saw him, his body seemed to draw light out of the air and absorb it. His teeth were now a giant, jagged elongated frame of interlocking incisors and canines...

She dropped her notes to the floor and turned a pale white... "Oh god..."

Marco's voice was now a deep rumbling, primal sound, gritty and cracked. 'It's alright Miri... It's me... I've changed... We have to kill all the vampires... To set their souls free... Then we have to get to the hidden vampire city and rescue destroy their blood farms... Travis is only a pawn in this game...' At this he stood up, his full sinister shape showing itself properly now, his fingernails had grown into double edged giant serrated claws, as had his toenails, every inch of him looked cruel and capable of inflicting great pain, he looked like evil incarnate.

He looked at the door and grinned, 'Miri... Wait here... I'm going outside - Do you want to join me Kody?'
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu »

Kody's jaw dropped as he saw Marco rise as the form he was now, "Oh...my...god," he whipsered to himself. Outside he could still here the sounds of the vampires taunting them and trying the get in, it was slowly making his rage build up. Now, with the new Marco, the Marco which to him looked like a demon sent straight from hell, Kody felt something inside him rise.

He smiled to the new Marco as he felt his body changing, "Let's kill these bastards."

His bent forward and shook as his body tranformed back into the full wolf stage. Black fur sprouted all over his body as it increased in size, the voice that came out was a low growl, "Let's finish this now." With a leap, Kody was at the window and with a shift of his weight he sprung through the window and tackled two vampires to the ground and began to pummel them. He could only hope this new Marco would be more powerful than Travis.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Marco's mind was on fire, he couldn't think straight, his entire persona was engulfed by a bloodlust, for vampire blood. As Kody landed on his first opponents, Marco leapt after him with a giant striding leap. Miri was screaming for them not to go, but their instincts had taken over and they would not hear.

As Marco landed his thrust his razor sharp talons deep into the first unfortunate vampires chest, severing his torso in two pieces while simultaneously ripping out it's heart and stuffing it into his mouth. This brutal opening attack caused the other's to waver, looking to Travis for direction, "WELL YOU FOOLS!? KILL HIM! DRINK HIS BLOOD!"

The next two charged, fangs and claws raised, but Marco moved fluidly, this time he ducked low and took on a serpentine stance, at the same time grabbing the two hapless vampires ankles. Startled and disorientated both vampires were lifted high off the ground and Marco began storming around swinging the two vampires like two giant cudgels, crushing bones and sending vampires flying in all directions. Once the area was clear he ripped each vampires head clean off and gorged on the thick red blood that exploded from their necks before they crumbled to dust.

The sun was rising on the horizon and as Marco menacingly strided towards Travis, he saw him back away, the surviving vampires piled into a car and started the engine, Travis snarled as climbed into the car, "I don't know what you've done Burns, but I'm not impressed! Magnus will take ca... Urgh!"

He was cut off by Marco's fist sending him tumbling over the car. When he stood up his eyes were bloodshot and his brow was furrowed, he growled and leapt at Marco, who rammed all ten finger-nail like claws into Travis torso, then turned and threw him into the dirt.

Now bleeding profusely Travis climbed to his feet, his wounds already starting to heal. "Is that your best!? You're still a pathetic whelp Burns!"

Marco strode on top of him, Travis trying to levitate upwards seemed to have flown out of reach but with a mighty leap Marco sprung into the air, grabbing him and piledriving him into the concrete driveway, breaking the thing into pieces and burying Travis four feet down in rubble.

First fists began hammering into Travis face, Travis trying desperately to defend himself with his arms, Marco grabbed his wrists and ripped his arms off in frustration throwing them out of the way. Now defenceless, Travis lay screaming as Marco leaned forwards and began gnawing on his face, ripping grey flesh off and crunching through bone, soon there was just a bloody stump where Travis head had been, and Marco finished it by ripping his heart from his chest and swallowing it whole...

When he looked up the car with the remaining survivors was gone... five, six, seven piles of ash where Vampires had perished were rapidly blowing away in the wind...

Lost in his own instincts he glanced around for Kody, his human mind starting to re-emerge.
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu »

Kody's limbs flew in blurred motion as he attacked the oncoming vampires, finally after he had killed four novice vampires he felt an unnerving calm and heard only a voice, "Round two?"

Without turning he knew it was Chris, time seemed to stop as he turned and looked into the eyes of his old friend, a low growl escaped his lips. Chris threw off his jacket and exposed his bare flesh which was turning light grey and also his nails were growing into claws. They stared at each other fo what seemed like an eternity before Kody lunged for him. Chris was a blur of movement as he ducked under Kody's arms and send a claw slicing across Kody's ribs. Black blood oozed out but was quickly sealed up as Kody slightly regenerated, "It's a shame, friend," Chris said as they circled each other, "We were so close and now look at us, two enemies with powers of the undead and of the wolf. Cain and Able have nothing on us."

A loud growl interrupted Chris' mock speech as Kody's primal fury craved more blood. Stomping towards Chris, Kody tapped into a new urge inside him, his true primal nature and with it he was upon Chris before he had anytime to react. His claws hacked and slashed at Chris' body as Chris attempted to serpentine around Kody's attacks. Then, with a swift kick, Kody sent Chris flying into the house and through a window. When Kody jumped through the window after him he saw Miri in the corner staying away from Chris who was advancing on her. After seeing Miri in danger Kody felt renewed strength and leapt at Chris and grabbed both of his arms and pinned them in a vice-like grip.

At this time, something happened that shook Kody to his foundation, "Kody," he heard but not in the sinister voice of the vampire Chris but in Chris' own voice, "Do it. Please, kill me."

Kody stalled for a moment and then took his free hand back and plunged it into Chris' heart. Chris convulged when Kody's claw struck but he had one last thing he managed to do.

"Thank you...."

Chris' head then rolled to the side and his body slumped to the ground, soon turning to ash. Kody, now in his human form stood over the pile of ash staring dumbfounded. His bare chest showed scars and slowly healing wounds on his back but none of it mattered to him, he only stared at the ashes of his friend, the one who had managed to be set free.

He kneeled down and grabbed a handful of the ash, "Goodbye, old friend," then letting the ash seep through his fingers he walked out past Miri and into the front yard where Marco stood over another pile of ash. "You ok?" he asked.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Marco was not okay. His mind had regained control and was feeling sick, extremely sick. The acrid taste of vampire blood and the ash-like powder that they turned into invaded all his senses. The fight had been like he was a spectator, seeing the actions through his eyes, but worse - he hadn't had any feelings about whether what he was doing was good or bad, right or wrong.

Now however the vivid picture of Travis having his face chewed off was proving traumatic. The giant jet black figure frowned and grabbed his gut while wretching heavily.

He turned to Koday, a look of panic in his eyes, 'No... I'm not okay... Travis is dead but... Urgh!' His voice was gravelly and low, it sounded primal and unearthly...

He collapsed onto the floor, writhing around at super speed and screaming in agony. His skin was blistering and bubbling and he was thrashing around like a blur. Miri rushed outside, somewhat shocked by what she'd witnessed she glared at the thrashing Marco, then turned to Kody, "What the hell happened?"
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu »

Kody looked absolutely stunned, "I have no idea," he shrugged as he kneeled next to Miri, "One minute he's a vamp killing machine then he collapses."

Kody grabbed Marco's arms but he was thrown off time and again by Marco's increased strength, "I hope you got a plan in that pretty head of yours," Kody said managing to slid a wink in between the grimace on his face from trying to hold Marco down.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

As the blackness drew slowly back to Marco's eyes the thrashing around subsided. Eventually he appeared to be back in a catatonic state, his skin returned to normal fleshy tones, his body back to its normal size and the vicious claws withdrawn, the only clue to his macabre alternative shape the pitch black eyes staring into the sky.

Miri stepped a little closer, "Hmmm, pretty head? Nice compliment, but I think you could do better... I honestly have no idea... Whatever he is it obviously puts a much greater strain on his physiology than being a werewolf alone."

Marco felt the dark wickedness fade quicly from his thoughts. When the blackness had subsided he felt totally exhausted, burned out. Every muscle in his body ached and he had trouble breathing.

"Urgh! God... "

Miri looked at him, the blackness in the eyes had faded too now, she gently put a hand on Kody's shoulder, "Come on, let's help him inside and get him a drink."

With an arm over Miri's shoulder and an Arm over Kody's shoulder Marco was dragged back into the house and laid on the couch, he was gasping for breath and was so weak he couldn't move his arms.

Miri leaving Kody and Marco made three cups of cocoa and brought them in. She handed one to Kody, put one down for Marco and sat down herself, "Kody, if changing does this to him, and he ever changes back at the wrong time - we're in serious crap... "
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu »

Kody took the cocoa from Miri as he helped Marco relax into the couch, "Thanks, Miri."

He then took a long sip before he asked, "Do we even know what the hell that was that happened to him?"

"I mean I can see how we should worry about him chaning back and all but what the hell did he change into?" Kody then took a long sip again and put the cup on the table. He leaned back on the couch and put his feet up on the tabel, careful not to hit the cup. "This has been one madnigly confusing day."
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Eventually all three were late for school, but it didn't seem relevant. Marco, although very weak, managed to regain his consciousness, he didn't move and his speech was croaky and tired sounding,

"Thanks Miri, Kody... I should have been destroyed by the embrace... I... My soul was off somewhere else... Kirsten was there, she asked me to kill her if I could, to set her free. Father wolf was there too, he told me saved me, but that he couldn't help me again because I'm now corrupted... He didn't give what I am a name..."

Miri supped her cocoa, "Hmmph, only name we've got for what you are is from the old text I showed Kody, an Abomination... You tore through those vampires like they weren't there..."

Marco, holding his side fought his way to sitting a little more upright and drank some cocoa, "Kody, Father wolf said to tell you, if you want to release your full potential, then all you have to do is ask for his help - he said he can help you... Kirsten told me the vampires plan and how it works. Travis job was to recruit kids at the school as low vampires, they then take their family and non-vampire friends off to the hidden vampire city within Saxton. There the humans are captured easily and imprisoned in blood farms, feeding the vampire higher castes... There's hundreds of people there now, kept alive bu t drained of blood on a regular basis... Feeding the vampires lust for blood - we have to try and stop them..."
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

In Scaron, the vampire city, Magnus sat silently on his golden throne, listening to the news of Travis demise.

The throne was intricately carved and ornate, the plush red carpets and golden columns giving a real sense of royalty. He was a vampire lord, he'd been alive for a long time, and it showed. Very little humanity remained about his features, his skin was pale white and his fangs and claws were permenantly on show. As the oldest vampires often did he had sprouted bat-like wings, which slotted neatly in two cut outs in the back of the throne.

The one delivering the news was a she, she was human looking, but of another age. Her attire suggested victorian or late 18th century. The outfit she wore featured heavily in black silk and black lace. Though not young looking, she would be described as alluring, even beauftiful - definately bewitching.

Magnus scratched his chin with his razor thin claws as if pondering the story, as if in deep thought. Eventually his cracked, timeless but booming voice echoed across the great, empty chamber, " And you're sure this is true? He had good blood - a mortal should not have been able to defeat him, not even a lycan."

The woman bowed slightly, "My lord, Alexander assures me the tale was exactly as he saw it... If you want me to ensure its truth I can begin torturing him?"

Lord Magnus pondered for a moment, then stood up and began pacing around the plush red and gold chamber, "Hmmm... We have no reason to doubt him... Start torturing him anyway though - he may have forgotten important details so we should extract as much information through force as we can... Make sure he survives though... We need to appoint another to take over from Travis, someone who can deal with this lycan upstart."

"My lord, from Alexanders description he was merely aided by a lycan, he was not a lycan himself - he was something else... It's just possible... Do you think the planned embrace went ahead? And he somehow survived?"

"Hah! Impossible, in six hundred years I haven't heard of one lycan surviving the embrace... you are wasting time my dear Lillith, I suggest you begin torturing Alexander quickly before I send YOU to be tortured simply for tarrying..."

She frowned at this and bowed slowly as he paced the room, "As you wish my lord..."
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Alexander had been fairly confused by the whole affair. He'd become one of Travis Vampires a few months previously. He'd never met the higher caste Vampires before, he'd simply brought his family to the blood bank when he was instructed and returned to the outside world to assist Travis. After escaping Marco and Kody's vicious attacks, leaving Travis to his fate, he'd returned to Scaron and entered the palace. At first he'd been treated well, asked a few questions, then he'd dozed off...

He considered now he must have been drugged as he woke up manocled to something similar to dentist's chair, what appeared to be very akin to dental surgery. He tried to free himself but the insides of his bonds were razor sharp and making any attempt to free his arms or legs simply resulted in his flesh being sliced off.

He was left there for what seemed like hours, unable to move, the chair reclined slightly, and the bright lamp shining directly in his face. He felt like he was beginning to go insane by the time the door finally swung open. Lillith walked in with a camcorder and a tripod, she carefully started setting them up in the corner, pointing at the prone Alexander, he started screaming, "LET ME GO! I'VE TOLD YOU WHAT I KNOW!"

Lillith silently finished setting up the equipment and set it recording. Then she walked purposefulyl around the chair to the back and took a seat on a stool with good access to the chair. She had swapped her black lace dress for a standard dentist's white uniform. Once seated she began reclining his chair further and adjusting the light to get the best view, "Alexander, you are going to be released, however I'm afraid lord Magnus is adamant that it is to be this way. He is concerned that you may have forgotten important details about the events surrounding Travis death, if you remember anything else important - shout it out and I'll pause for you to tell me."

He was in a total panic now, his fangs had started emerging and he was struggling against his razor sharp restraints, blood was trickling from all the restraints as he struggled, cutting himself more and more.

Once the chair was nearly fully reclined, Lillith rolled her stool forwards so that his head was more or less resting against her breast. Then she adjusted the lamp so it was shining directly into his eyes. By this point he was screaming, denying knowing or noticing anything else about the event.

Lillith leaned over so she could see him and pressed her finger over her pursed lips, "Shhhh, I think we'll start by taking this eye out..."

Alexander was now screaming and thrashing around as she pulled the arm with the various instruments on it into reach, "Shhh now, the more noise you make the worse I'll make it for you... You can get me to stop at any time by simply giving me more information."

She reached for a scalpel and with one hand holding his head tightly against her chest she took the scalpel to his right eye and carved a deep cut right around it amidst blood curdling screams. Once the cut was complete she stabbed the scalpel deep into his chest like a pin in a pin-cushion. She then peeled the layer of skin away, eyelids attached and threw it into a waiting specimen tray on the instrument arm. Then she reached for an instrument like a pair of pliers with a spike on the front. Still holding his head she stabbed the spike into his eye and pressed the levers together, there was a snip and suddenly his vision was no longer in stereo.

Through his other eye he watched her brow furrow, and her teeth extend, then she popped his severed eye into her mouth and started chewing, blood running down her cheeks...

Once she'd finished he was almost sobbing in fear and pain, she leaned over again and smiled warmly at him, "Nothings come to you? No problem, we'll start taking those fingers off now..." She changed her position, adjust the lamp and pulled the scalpel out of his chest, "Thumbs first shall we?"

Before he could answer he felt the scalpel dig right through his thumb and he saw the severed digit being dropped into the specimen tray. He screamed in pain and tried to move again to no avail... The more he struggled the more he cut himself on the bladed restraints.