Reunion, Rescue and Revenge.

Takes place immediately after the Battle of Yavin
Tales and stories set during the events of Episodes 4-6...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Kregor sighed deeply, while wandering up to the tattered punch bags hanging threadbare on the opposite wall. He threw a few experimental jabs, then span around with a high heek kick, sending the bag swinging back and fourth, "I don't know Zior... I'm an old man, I've made an enemy of so many organisations.... I'm just glad to be alive... To be honest I've always been more of a melee fighter than anything. The reason I can fly is experience gained while having a generally more powerful ship than my opponents..."

He slammed a few more round kicks into the bag, then grinned and laughed, "Hah! I miss my old place back on the undercity of Coruscant... Can't see me going back there any time soon though - not after our assault on the Imperial Palace, slaying several Stormtroopers, Royal Guards and then going toe to toe with Darth Vader... I'm probab;y more wanted than that Skywalker fellow they seem to be after!"

When Rissk enetered the room she was sharing with Raynard he was snoring loudly. The holo-net ws still on, it looked like he'd collapsed through exhaustion while watching - she knew how he felt.

She flicked the power switch off and scrambled onto the top bunk. Soon they were snoring in tandem, much like the good old days of so many years ago, sharing the living quarters above Raynards workshop in the undercity of Coruscant.
Devout Atheist

Re: Reunion, Rescue and Revenge.

Post by SmokeMare »

Epilogue.
-----------
Eventually Kregor, Rissk, Raynard and Zior made their way to bed. In the night they were woken by a great commotion. Alarms and staff running through the ship. A call was made over the tannoy to enter the main hangar. Hurriedly they climbed from their bunks and darted through the ship. The hangar was full, an excited mood was in the air, almost jubilent. It smelt of victory. Trevelan climbed a pile of cargo crates so he could address people;

"I have an important announcement to make, the Emperor is dead, Imperial forces are being overwhelmed or retreating."

A great cheer broke out amongst the crowd, except for in a small corner where Rissk, Raynard and Kregor were standing. They eyed each other up and raised an eyebrow. This wasn't their cause, and where it left them - they weren't entirely sure. They listened intently while Trevelan recounted the tale of Captain Solo taking down the shield, Lando Calrisian shooting out the main reactor... The chain of events following that... Afterwards Trevelan announced that Wraith Squadron was going to head back to Coruscant to defend it against a suspected Imperial retalliation. The crowds dispersed and our three friends were left standing, wondering what to do... Zior had headed off to the Cantina to celebrate with the others. Trevelan approached them, smiling softly. Rissk frowned at him, "Where does this leave us? We know we weren't too popular with the Rebellion high command before - whats to become of us?"

Trevelan smiled at them, "I know not, what the commanders would have us do with you- your record of working for the Empire is certainly quite frowned upon, and the Jedi Hunter... I doubt his deeds can ever been forgiven, nor forgotten. With me though - you have no quarrel. If you wish it, I will allow you to leave before I am given any orders to the contrary."

Kregor looked at Raynard, who nodded knowingly to him. Rissk sighed deeply and shrugged at Trevelan, "I guess we'd better go and start packing then..." Trevelan stood offered a facial expression that said more than can be said in words. They were free to go, their fight for the Rebellion would never happen. As they turned Trevelan placed a hand on Rissk's shoulder, "Before you go, I have to offer you my thanks... Look." She stepped back and he pulled out two lightsabres, one of them Rissk's the other his own. He held them out and simultaneously ignited both blades, one blue, one green and clashed them together. He was smiling, a contented smile, he glowed with satisfaction. Rissk's eyes lit up at this, " Hey you got it working! ", "Yes, using my spare parts I replaced the burned out electronics on yours, then copied the arrangement and alignment of yours to make mine work." Rissk, smirked, "Well done... Can I have it back now?" Trevelan frowned at this, "I should technically take this back to Luke Skywalker, and there let it be returned to the Jedi temple... But, no - you didn't hide it from me, you weren't the one who killd this Jedi - in fact you avenged his death. The force wants you to have it." He turned them both off and passed the blue bladed sabre back to Rissk.

As their hands touched Trevelan jumped, startled, as if electrocuted... He looked at Rissk stunned, "Has anyone ever told you?" Rissk scowled, "Told me what?!" Trevelan looked at her and rubbed his chin thoughtfully, "You have a connection to the force, the force IS strong with you... I can't suggest you for Jedi training now, but trust your feelings and try to 'feel the force' maybe one day..." He was interrupted by Rissk's violent outburst of laughter, eventually she recovered and punched Trevelan on shoulder, "Hah! That's a good one! Hmmph! Nearly had me there!"

Kregor and Raynard looked at each other, then turned and headed to their cabin to get their things. Rissk held out her sabre and ignited it. The blue blade shimmered, sparkling brighter than it had before, moved her wrist a little, and the blade swished through the air. It felt different, the last time she had swung it had been before the time hole, now it felt comfortable, almost as one with her...

Trevelan looked at her knowingly, "Go, when the Rebellion is a memory, and the Empire is forgotten - make your way to Yavin, you have a whole new existance waiting for you." She eyed him suspiciously - still not believing it, then turned and ran to her cabin. As she made her way through the ship the fleet jumped to hyperspace, hurriedly all three threw their few possesions into bags and started mauling as quickly as they could through the corridors of the ship. Eventually they were hurling bags into the blade and the gunboat.

The ship dropped out of hyperspace, Coruscant could be seen through the hangar door, glowing invitingly. Capital ships could be seen in great numbers circling the planet. Rissk, Raynard looked at Kregor, Rissk spoke first, "Where are you going?" Kregor smiled, "You're okay now, I can't go back to Coruscant - too many sour memories... I have to go and find my son and Galena... We still have alot of catching up to do."

As he spoke a platoon of troops marched into the main hangar a few hunred metres away. Rissk looked at them, they were headed straight for them, "I think that's our cue to leave." Kregor dived into the Crimson Blade and fired up the engines, Risk dragged Raynard up the ramp into the gunboat and did the same, not a single blaster shot was fired after them, they zipped out the hangar and in a flash were gone. Kregor jumped back to the sector where he'd last seen Galena and Reed under the tutelage of Jeb.

Rissk jumped less than a parsec to a small asteroid field near Coruscant. Rissk was sitting staring at the asteroids, Raynard in the navigation seat doing likewise. Both lost in their thoughts - what would they do now? What could they do now? As they sat in silence a single TIE fighter appeared out of nowhere and zipped between the floating rocks towards Coruscant, Raynard looked at Rissk, mouth wide open, "Where the frell did that come from!?" Rissk frowned, "No hyperdrive on those, he must have heard the Empire had fallen and is trying to ditch on Coruscant to hide.... There must be a base in the Asteroid field!" Rissk sat at the controls and turned on her scanner array, they followed the ion trail into the field, then another TIE zipped past them, she checked her scanners, fiddled with the settings - nothing. Raynard pointed, "There!" A TIE could be seen emerging from the solid rock of an Asteroid. Rissk noted the spot where it appeared and started towards it. It was an unnerving thing to do, they headed for the same spot, 'ZIP!' another TIE flew past them. As they were about to hit the solid rockthe ship passed through the surface and they saw a large hangar, another TIE flew past them. People weren't paying attention to their uninvited entrance, people were leaving in a hurry.

Rissk guided the ship carefully and slowly, trying not to get in the way of the evacuees. Eventually the commotion died down and the base was dead. She flew gently onto the hangar floor and set down. As they left the ship, they looked around, it was empty eerily empty. Only the hum of computers could be heard, Rissk turned to Ray, "Would they have set a destruct sequence or something?" Raynard shrugged, "I used to work on Imperial destruct sequence devices - they always give and audible warning. They are maybe not confident that the intel that the Empire has fallen is true and mean to return once the commotion has died down." Rissk frowned, "You saw the ships at Coruscant - they were Rebel ships! Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Raynard scowled at her, "What were you thinking?" She rolled her eyes petulantly at him and span on her heel, "Come on! Let's have a look around and see what we've found!"

Eventually they had explored the whole base. It was hidden, small repair facility, with accomodation, provisions, workshops and sophisticated communications and scanning equipment. What the base was used for, they couldn't be sure. Rissk dropped a taloned hand on Raynards shoulder, "Very nice workshop here - perfect for a ship and droid repair engineer." Raynard chortled at this and placed his hand on her shoulder, "Very nice communications and sensor centre here - perfect for a Bounty Hunter to use as a base..." Rissk looked around the huge base built into the hollowed out asteroid, "We might need some help!" Raynard shrugged, "They've left us a small army of droids, well manage..." They looked at each other and smiled, the future looked bright for once!

Meanwhile Kregor was dropping out of the planet where he had left Galena, Reed and Jeb. He landed at the same site and strode through the forest. He followed the path to the cave, there was nobody there though. A large stone monolith was erected outside the cave and pile of freshly dug earth was in front of it. On the rock, carved in jagged letters, with a lightsabre were the words, "Here lies, Jeb Kaxson, Galena and Reed, if you want to know their slayer, know Perem Thoje, I will have my revenge." Kregor stood staring blankly at the stone, he walked up and traced a finger through the burned grooves that made up the letters. A solitary tear rolled down his cheek and he exhaled solemnly. He walked back to his ship, his face growing redder, his eyes more sullen with every step. In the back of the Crimson Blade he pulled out a crate. Closed adn locked, he unlocked the combination and flug the crate open. Inside was his shining, black , Cortosis armour, with it's long wrist blades crossed over the chest plate. He carefully drew it out and donned the armour. He replaced the crate and sat at his controls. The ship lifted off and he stared into the night, uttering under his breath, "Perem Thoje - you will die by my hand!"

The End.