Ninja, vanish!

For discussion not directly related to Role Playing.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Notorious

Ninja, vanish!

Post by Notorious »

So I suddenly disappeared without a trace. Luckily, I was only in about 2.5 threads, but nevertheless my absence was rude. I'm sorry, it's never in my habits to go without writing myself out.

I don't have much to say other than that the past month has just been one thing after another. The album needed finishing, school started, I got my black belt, my grandma passed away (thus making more work at school), turned 21 and friends wanted to celebrate, my computer died, and my drummer and I are starting up a commercial recording studio/record label/publisher. It's just been a real stressful month.

The funeral ceremonies are over. The album is finished. I've been orientated back into school. Black belt situation is all said and done. Friends don't care I'm 21 anymore. Things are calming down - but then my graphics card fried and... damn. Friend of mine gave me his old card so I'm going to head home and install it soon. Unfortunately that set me back further because I'm behind in my school work again.

STILL - things are calming down. I expect to be coming back at full strength early next week.

My apologies - particularly to Corsos, Halcyon, Caz, Kit etc.

Good news, though, if you're interested in hearing the new songs I've been working on.

http://www.myspace.com/42eternal

http://indiecharts.com/Profile.asp?butname=899379227

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 »

hey i dont think i was any of those threads with you, maybe one, but I forgive you for having a life outside of SWE and considering that first priority. We all have this happen to us its no biggie, I myself have been hard pressed to get a few posts in this week, when I get the time im often too tired to write anything. oh well, sorry about your grandma and I hope your band does well. (Id listen to the songs but the computer im on has no volume...)
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
but awesome at the same time
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek »

How DARE you have a life! :P

Anyhow, if you need any incentive to post, Danolie is currently being hauled around like a sack of potatoes on the shoulders of a large Trandoshan. Check Strange Alliances as to why.
When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons and make super lemons!

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

:-P I think Halomek said it best.
Domani, forget domani
Let's live for now and anyhow who needs domani?
~ Frank Sinatra, Forget Domani

Notorious

Post by Notorious »

Lol, thanks guys. I'll look into it...

Just got another computer up and running. Turns out there's a problem with the old motherboard.

Notorious

Post by Notorious »

Again, sorry about my absence. Honestly, I never usually have trouble getting to the RP board no matter what's going on! I always have motivation and a spare half hour. Guess it was just too much this time.

Anyway, I'm back, and I'm posting, and I'm promising never to disappear again.

Scottish Ninja
Hey! A tank!

Post by Scottish Ninja »

Ninja, vanish!
No.
That's no tank!
"t all has to show impeccable logic and unflawed realism, even if it deals with a different galaxy and an era 3,000 years in the past or the future." - George Lucas

Xanamiar

Post by Xanamiar »

You know, Ninja... it was a simple request.. it's the least you could do :P

Shaggy
The Rev.

Post by Shaggy »

Is ninjitsu your discipline or was it just a cool way to do a TMNT original movie quote?

Dude next time I come back to AZ we got to get together. Lived there for some long only about 15-20 minutes away and never got to sit and chat.
“This is one of the miracles of love: It gives a power of seeing through its own enchantments and yet not being disenchanted.”
-C.S. Lewis
"But generally, Shaggy is right." - Jagtai
Daer'Gunn Wiki

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

I checked the music, Notorious, and though its not of my personal taste, it was pretty good. Best of luck with everything.
Everyone knows "Pops and Junior = #Ratings"
Everyone knows "Cazzik and Mir = #Wynning"
#Valkob4Life

Your Reigning, Defending EFL Champion
2x EFL Champion (2014, 2017)

Notorious

Post by Notorious »

Thanks, Mir :D

My discipline is Tang Soo Do, actually, having little to nothing to do with ninjitsu but... I couldn't help it.

Yeah, Shag! It's too bad didn't get a chance to. I'll be here forever though, I imagine.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

You guys shipping the album to labels as a demo or what?
#Valkob4Life

ValynDyral
Wise-Ass

Post by ValynDyral »

Notorious wrote:\My discipline is Tang Soo Do, \
So is mine. Rank of 2nd dan, some 12 years experience.

Notorious

Post by Notorious »

I just reached Cho Dan - I was promoted in August. I've been doing it just a little over four years now. I started in July of 2003. I've really soaked it all up though, and I've done a lot of training outside of my art to learn more.

What organization are you with, Val? I'm in World Tang Soo Do under Grandmaster Jae C. Shin.

Mirr, we'll definitely be sending our album out to every label, magazine, radio station, etc. that we can find contact info to. In the mean time, though, we're starting up our own tiny indie label to back it up. I own a publishing company (which the songs are registered under, ASCAP) and applied for a sole proprietor business license for a tax ID so I could get breaks (I found out here in Phoenix the government is very encouraging of starting studios and we get cool deals on equipment) and we plan on making some cash recording bands and selling CD's. I've got a photographer and a graphics artist interesting in joining the war effort. Luckily, my father started his own business about thirty years ago and he's got a lot of experience to pass to me. My mom is a secretary and took some accountant classes so she's teaching me a thing or two. My other friend, the guy whom built the studio with me, is all for the idea and helping me through the process.

Now a days it seems to get harder and harder to be discovered. No one cares unless you're already selling lots of records and doing big shows. One of the steps toward doing that is having a label, though. So, might as well make one, right?

Mirr - would you like a copy of our CD any chance?

Shaggy
The Rev.

Post by Shaggy »

I want a copy dude and have you heard of Seconds to Breathe?

That is buddy Hondo's band. Anyway pm me and I will get your mail mailing address I want one... badly!
“This is one of the miracles of love: It gives a power of seeing through its own enchantments and yet not being disenchanted.”
-C.S. Lewis
Daer'Gunn Wiki

Notorious

Post by Notorious »

Seconds to Breathe? I haven't of them until now, but I'll check them out. They have a myspace/website or a demo?

I pm you now

ValynDyral
Wise-Ass

Post by ValynDyral »

My organization is the Tang Soo Do Mi Guk Kwan, whose Grandmaster is Charles Ferraro.

http://tsdmgk.com/

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Notorious wrote:I just reached Cho Dan - I was promoted in August. I've been doing it just a little over four years now. I started in July of 2003. I've really soaked it all up though, and I've done a lot of training outside of my art to learn more.

What organization are you with, Val? I'm in World Tang Soo Do under Grandmaster Jae C. Shin.

Mirr, we'll definitely be sending our album out to every label, magazine, radio station, etc. that we can find contact info to. In the mean time, though, we're starting up our own tiny indie label to back it up. I own a publishing company (which the songs are registered under, ASCAP) and applied for a sole proprietor business license for a tax ID so I could get breaks (I found out here in Phoenix the government is very encouraging of starting studios and we get cool deals on equipment) and we plan on making some cash recording bands and selling CD's. I've got a photographer and a graphics artist interesting in joining the war effort. Luckily, my father started his own business about thirty years ago and he's got a lot of experience to pass to me. My mom is a secretary and took some accountant classes so she's teaching me a thing or two. My other friend, the guy whom built the studio with me, is all for the idea and helping me through the process.

Now a days it seems to get harder and harder to be discovered. No one cares unless you're already selling lots of records and doing big shows. One of the steps toward doing that is having a label, though. So, might as well make one, right?

Mirr - would you like a copy of our CD any chance?
I produce right now. For Rap/Hip Hop though. I'd love to get a copy of the cd, though you can .rar it, since I don't think you want to pay postage to NY :D. I'd kill for a studio, lmao. I use FL Studio on my computer, which works, but I'm saving up for a keyboard and whatnot. 11 years of piano experience, don't fail me now. I know a few producers in the game right now, so I'm just working on peoples mixtapes and stuff.

My goal is to start my own label as well, maybe do a distribution deal with a major, like Def Jam or Interscope.
#Valkob4Life

Notorious

Post by Notorious »

It's too bad we are into areas of totally different style, Mirr, I'm sure there's some way we could help each other out.

I'll look into that - though I hate to degrade the quality of the music by digitizing it... ah, the pain

Nytram

Post by Nytram »

Notorious wrote:It's too bad we are into areas of totally different style, Mirr, I'm sure there's some way we could help each other out.

I'll look into that - though I hate to degrade the quality of the music by digitizing it... ah, the pain
Isn't Tang Soo Do just a different flavour of Tae Kwon Do with more Bo Staff and what not?

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Notorious wrote:It's too bad we are into areas of totally different style, Mirr, I'm sure there's some way we could help each other out.

Well just remember that in order to make any money at all with it, you need to iTunes it. And besides anything you release on a major label, well....no. Anything you release at all, whoever gets it will probably upp it to their iPod so it'll be digitized. If not an iPod then some form of mp3 player.
#Valkob4Life

Notorious

Post by Notorious »

Oh, I know, all too well, it's just a sad era for sound engineers.

When I said style, Nytram, I mean music style.

But yes, you're right, the two Martial Art styles are very similar. Probably the biggest difference is the use. Tae Kwon Do is Korea's national sport - Tang Soo Do is meant to be more traditional and... way of life sort of thing.

Shaggy
The Rev.

Post by Shaggy »

http://www.myspace.com/secondstobreathe

there is their myspace. They also one a contest and got to open for Bon Jovi when they came through town a year or two ago. I think the video of them performing is on their space. They are pretty cool.
-C.S. Lewis
Daer'Gunn Wiki

ValynDyral
Wise-Ass

Post by ValynDyral »

Nytram wrote: Isn't Tang Soo Do just a different flavour of Tae Kwon Do with more Bo Staff and what not?
They are different martial arts.

Sometime within the latter half of the 20th century, Korea began nationalizing its martial arts, combining the disparate disciplines into a single form, that of Tae Kwan Do.

Tang Soo Do is the sole martial art that resisted assimilation, and retained its own independent identity.

DorsetKonig
Location: Right Here. Sometimes over there, and a few places in between.

Post by DorsetKonig »

So I suddenly disappeared without a trace. Luckily, I was only in about 2.5 threads, but nevertheless my absence was rude. I'm sorry, it's never in my habits to go without writing myself out.

I don't have much to say other than that the past month has just been one thing after another.

STILL - things are calming down. I expect to be coming back at full strength early next week.

My apologies - particularly to Corsos, Halcyon, Caz, Kit etc.
^ What he said, minus his own personal details.
"Overwhelming odds do not always matter, especially when the valiant warrior knows his only alternative is unacceptable: Death."