The Haunting (Open)

A free-form writing forum set in the Star Wars Universe...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Arkol

The Haunting (Open)

Post by Arkol »

WARNING: THERE WILL BE EXTREME LANGUAGE IN THIS THREAD. READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION

"Fear. That's the only word that can explain what happened on that ship."

"What exactly happened? Tell us everything."

"Well, we were on the salvage ship Jewel Catcher when it all began. It was a crew of fifty men. We came up to a derelict. Normally that's not unusual, but we were way out in space. There was nothing anywhere near us, and something just didn't feel right.

One Week Earlier

"Alright bring us alongside. Turn on the flood lights, lets see what kind've shape she's in."

"She looks like she's in good shape cap't. No punctures in the hull, but no lifesigns."

"Are the escape pods gone?"

"Uhhh.... nope. Everything's intact." The captain sighed. "Wait a minute. Oh man, the sensors are acting up again."

"Why? What happened?"

"It just flickered 150 lifesigns, then none. And then it showed one huge lifesign, about the size of the ship. See, there it goes again. Now it's showing three lifesigns."

"Alright, we're going aboard. I want to know whats going on. If there's people onboard than we'll just say we were making sure they are ok. Otherwise, it's business as usual."

"Is that a good idea sir? I don't got a good feeling about this one. Something just aint right here."

"Of course the captain didn't listen to me. He was more interested in finding valuables to add to his collection. So, like fools we suited up and went aboard the ship. The captain kept seven men onboard our ship keeping the engines warm incase we needed to get out of there quit. That scavaging business was never safe. We learned the hard way that day.

OOC: Go ahead and introduce your characters on the ship if you want. Don't head on the derelict yet.

Mirrodin
Acolyte of Shadow

Post by Mirrodin »

Hacien Shetan stood in the room, checking his equipment. One Akrayd XP-1X Heavy Blaster Rifle, check. One Czerka 411 Blaster Pistol, with added laser sighting, check. One BlasTech DL-30 Blaster pistol, check. Armor, check. Commlink, check. Everything looked good. Especially when he turned around.

That was because Rina Ocempo stood behind him going over her equipment. One BlasTech A290, with laser targeting. She also had one Czerka with laser sighting like him, but she also had a slugthrowing pistol, large caliber. Her armor's compartments was taken up with grenades, clips, and powerpacks, like his. The boarding group used a motley arrangement of weapons and armor, so the difference in weapons wasn't major.

Shetan turned, and stepped up behind her, placing his arms around her stomach.

"Why'd you leave my room early last night?"

"I had the Captain to f*ck." She said, smiling and turning around. Shetan grinned as well, kissing her.

"Well tell the Captain that I want more sack time with my girl, ok?"

"And how do you guess I get the better food in the mess hall?" Shetan made a face.

"Oh that was good."

"It was wasn't it?" Her black eyes shone, the same color as his. Infact, their hair was the same color, jet black. Hacien stroked hers, until a few other guys came in, and she knocked his hand away. Always on off time did they keep their relationship going. "C'mon cowboy, lets go." She said, her native Tattoine accent coming to play.

OOC: I'm guessing this is kinda like Resident Evil?
Wars come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal

After the freedom of Spyrta soon won, Shinobi, Ronin, Samurai, and Orochi will clash under waning moon and rising sun

Arkol

Post by Arkol »

OOC: You'll be surprised.

IC: Jerek "JJ" Jung grabbed his E-11 blaster rifle and two blaster pistols. He may be the sensors man but he was also the best salvage expert in the crew. The only reason they brought weapons on board derelicts was because they often had to fight parasites that had made their home on the hulls of dead ships. They could often prove harmful when in large numbers so the group never went unarmed. A few of the members were over zealous, like Hacien, but Jerek felt safe knowing they had grenades. Grenades can take out entire nests of parasites with ease. The only problem was that grenades tend to destroy alot of salvageable materials as well.

The captain walked into the armory then and brought Jerek back to the real world. "Everybody ready?" He got an array of acknowledgments from the team and nodded in return. "Good, suit up. Looks like there's no atmosphere onboard so we're gonna have to do this the hard way. Hacien, you got lead as always. JJ you're behind Hacien. Cooper you go with Hace and JJ. Rina and Grant, you're with me. Let's go find us some treasure." With that the captain turned around and walked out of the armory. The rest of the team followed the captain out. The only weapon the captain carried was a blaster pistol.

"Not that the weapons would do us any good later on. But how were we supposed to know?" Jerek paused in his recollection.

"Go on," said the man across the table. He looked up from the tab of paper he was writing on and stared at Jerek until he continued.

"Right, well as I was saying..."

"Hace, keep looking around here for anything of value," the captain ordered. "We're gonna go down to the engines and see if we can't get any power out of them. Keep in radio contact, something just doesn't feel right about this place."

"I told you cap't. Something about this place just gives me the creeps," JJ replied. The captain just gave him a raised eyebrow telling JJ to just shut up. "Hey, I'm just saying I wanna get this shit over and done with. The sooner I'm out of here the better."

"Yea well if you just shut up and looked around we just might get out of here quick," The captain snapped back. "So shut the bullshit up and look for some f*cking valuables."

JJ didn't reply. He was too shocked at the captain's reply to say anything. When the captain and his team left towards engineering JJ finally spoke. "This place must really give the captain the creeps too. What do you think Hace?"

Before Hacien could answer, Cooper interrupted. "Shut up JJ. That's bad luck talking about the captain like that."

"Man, shut up with your superstitious baloney. I'm not in the mood for that shit too."

"Blow me," Cooper returned quickly. JJ just turned around and made a kissing jesture and kept walking.

"As I was saying Hace, what do you think?"

Mirrodin
Acolyte of Shadow

Post by Mirrodin »

OOC:....Now I'm really interested. :D

IC
"Ah, well, I dunno. It seems to be a little creepy, but ya never know, right?"

Hace looked out at a hallway. Some shadow passed. At least he thought it was a shadow. He pulled his rifle up. His helmet visor switched to Infra-red (Heat). "Uh guys, there was something over there. Care to check it out?"

After the freedom of Spyrta soon won, Shinobi, Ronin, Samurai, and Orochi will clash under waning moon and rising sun

Arkol

Post by Arkol »

"Eh, it was probably nothing. Besides, I don't wanna waste any more time on this hunk of junk than I gotta. And Cooper, if you try to say any more of your superstitious crap I swear I'll knock all of you damn teeth in."

Cooper opened his mouth to reply, but before he could the lights suddenly turned on. Everything looked different as well. Instead of tables being knocked over and the carpet torn and ragged, everything was in place. "Ok, now I'm freaked out," JJ said a little more loudly than he had intended. "Captain, did you turn on the lights up here?" There was no reply. JJ repeated the message but all he got was static over the comm.

"I told you it was bad..." Cooper started but JJ cut him off with a slam to the chest with the but of his rifle.

"Shut up Cooper. I'm about to put a hole through your head if you don't just shut up." JJ looked around for a minute and then looked back at Hace. "Alright, let's look for shit here and keep going."

"Who's there?" Cooper cut in. JJ spun around to face Cooper, but before he fully turned around something caught his eye. He looked back by one of the tables and saw a beautiful woman wearing a red dress sitting down. She was smoking a cigarrette. "Dude, I blinked and she was suddenly sitting there smoking like she didn't have a care in the world," Cooper said.

"His face was pale, like he had just seen a ghost. Funny thing was, he did."

"Please continue."

The woman got up and started walking away. "Wait, come back here." Cooper tried to catch up to her but when he turned the corner she was gone. "Where'd she go?"

"Hace, I say we kick in all the doors here so there's no more surprises." Hace nodded in agreement and they both started knocking all the doors in. JJ was coming up to the third door when he noticed the door open a crack. "Hace," he whispered. When he got Hace's attention he signaled that he thought there was someone in the room he was at. When Hace came over he took up a position on the other side of the door and leveled his rifle. JJ kicked the door in and jumped back. "Woah! Why do I gotta always find this scary shit!" he stated more than asked. "Cooper, I found your girlfriend."

"What the hell are you talking about this time JJ?"

"Well, that lady in the red dress is in here. Only she's hanging about three feet off the ground and her internal organs are...um... well they're not so internal anymore."

Cooper walked over and looked in. The woman wearing the red dress was hanging by what looked like a power cord from the ceiling above her. Her stomach was also cut open and her intestings spilled out of the hole. The lights in the room suddenly turned back off and everything went back to the way it was. The carpeting was in rags and the tables and chairs were thrown all throughout the room. "Ok, enough f*cking around here. I say we go get the captain, tell him what we found and get the hell out of here. If any of you have a problem with that, too bad. I don't give a rats ass right now. If I gotta leave you guys here by yourselves I will." JJ turned around and started walked towards the hallway the captain had taken to get to the engine room.

Suddenly JJ turned around with his rifle leveled. "Did you guys just hear that?" Cooper looked at him strangely but didn't say anything. "I know I'm not going insane."

"Leave," came a whispered voice. It sounded as though it was right next to them.

"Ok, it's official, we're getting the f*ck out of here. Let's get the captain and get out." JJ turned back around and started walking down the hallway.

"I'm right behind you," said Cooper. He ran up to JJ and started looking around for anything else out of the ordinary.

"We should've taken that voice's advice. We should've just left, with or without the captain. But how could we have know what was going to happen."

Mirrodin
Acolyte of Shadow

Post by Mirrodin »

OOC: Do my two survive? Cause I want to put my guys in the interview, so I was just wondering?

IC
Ok, so he was scared shitless. But that didn't mean he didn't cover his ass as they moved to get out of the f*cking ship. Hacien couldn't believe what he had seen. And then it hit him. What the f*ck was happening to Rina. Oh shit, she'd better be ok. He'd rip the fucking captain's arms off, and then shove one of his grenades down the man's throat. See who's f*cking in charge then, eh?

Hacien turned as he was the rear, checking behind them. He stopped, frozen.

"Hace, come on man! What the f*ck is holding you up, shithead?" JJ turned. And promptly froze. Now Cooper, who was in the middle, was forced to turn around. And what did he see?

There was a dead body on the floor. A man. He had his shirt off, and there were what looked like cuts and scratches all over his body. Dried and congealed blood lay all around him. But that wasn't the scary part. The fact that he looked almost perfectly like Hace. That was the scary part.

"Leave!" The voice came again. All three heard it perfectly. Suddenly a wind blew through the hallway, slamming all the doors. The lights went out. And in the distance, someone screamed.

OOC: Thought I'd make it interesting.

Arkol

Post by Arkol »

OOC: If you want them to survive, they can. But I don't want them to interact with JJ at all in the interview. Better yet, if you want them to be in an interview then have them in their own interview. I don't want anyone to know that anyone else survived just yet, ok?

IC: JJ was knocked to the ground. When the wind blew, the door right in front of him slammed into his zero-g suit and threw him a few feet into Cooper. The lights promptly came back on and JJ jumped back up. He didn't want to have anything happen while he was on the ground. He looked back to where the body was, but it was gone. "C'mon, let's get the cap't and get the hell out of here." He started to walk away but noticed that nobody was following him. JJ pushed past Cooper and stepped up to Hace. "Hey man, lets go. Snap out of it! If you don't want whatever that was to be you, then I suggest you move your f*cking ass! Cause I sure as hell don't want me looking like that." JJ smacked Hace in the helmet. Hace quickly turned his head to look at JJ, but his eyes were focusing off to the side.

"Where's Cooper?" Hace said softly. JJ twitched his head trying to understand what Hace just said. Hace then pointed down the hall and JJ followed his finger. He was right, where was Cooper?

"Cooper, if you're playing some sick joke I swear on my mothers grave I will f*ck you up so bad you'll wish you were never born." JJ paused to see if Cooper would come out. He didn't. "F*ck! I'm not in the mood for this shit right now and we don't have any f*cking time for this shit!" Suddenly the door infront of them both slammed open. Both JJ and Hace brought their weapons to bare but quickly dropped them.

Cooper burst through the door and stopped in his tracks. "Hey, I heard someone scream down the hall. It sounded like Rina but I'm not sure." In a blur Hace was in motion. He threw JJ against the wall as he ran down the hallway. Cooper barely got out of Hace's way as he came barreling past.

"F*ck. Lets go Cooper. I'm not about to lose Hace here." They both ran down the hall after Hace, but they lost him in the dark hallway. Nevertheless, they continued running. A few moments later they came upon Hace. He was kneeling over Rina. The captain and Grant both stood nearby. Grant walked over to JJ and whispered "We split up cause we heard what sounded like music playing. We didn't know what to expect so we had our weapons ready. I was in the kitchen and heard two blaster shots and a scream. I ran as fast as I could but when I got here I found Rina just lying on the ground. I caught a glimpse of what looked like a red dress going around the corner there," he pointed to the nearby corner, then continued, "but when I went to look I didn't see anything. There's something f*cked up about this place. Captain says we're gonna get going once Rina wakes up."

Cooper and JJ both looked at each other hesitently, then JJ looked at Rina. "Is she ok? Did you see anything wrong with her?"

"No, it's just like she fainted, which is the weird part cause you know Rina. It takes alot to get to her."

"Rina was fine of course. She never told me what happened exactly. But I think she said something Hace cause I saw her pull his ear down to her and whisper something. I could tell it wasn't a good thing though cause the way that his body stiffened up when she said whatever she said, I knew something bad was gonna happen." Jerek paused for a moment. "And it did."

Mirrodin
Acolyte of Shadow

Post by Mirrodin »

Hace knelt over his loved and listened to her. It didn’t make much sense, but he lifted her up, and Rina shook her head slightly, trying to clear something from her mind. Hace pulled her up and turned to the captain.

“Captain, I’m suggesting we get the f*ck out of this place. And I’m serious.” The man was about to speak, when the lights went out. Again. And then this weird laugh started. Hace turned, toggling his heat vision. Where was that- “Holy shit. Guys, turn on your heat vision.” All listened.

In front of the six were people, walking, heads bowed. But they were dead. And the one in the front raised his head, and Hace saw that where there were once eyeballs, now, there was nothing. Nothing! The man lifted his hand, as if to strike.

“Enough of this f*cking shit!” Hace said, and depressed the trigger. His repeater bucked again and again, as he opened fire. Red bolt after red bolt shot out, smacking the man, zombie, whatever the f*ck he was over and over until he dropped. With Hace’s attack, the nerve of the group dropped, and soon they were all opening fire.

“State your name for the record.”

“Hacien Shetan. Didn’t we do this already?”

“Yes, please continue.”

“But the oncoming didn’t die. The onslaught had begun, and we were caught. Little did we know a family feud was brewing to spill over.

OOC: Works for me.

Arkol

Post by Arkol »

"F*ck this! I'm getting the hell out of here!" Cooper yelled. He turned around and started running back down the hallway they came from.

JJ turned around and saw Cooper running down the hallway, and then it looked like he fell down. "Cooper's down!" he yelled at the top of his lungs.

Grant looked back but didn't see Cooper anywhere. "I'll go get him!" Before JJ could say anything Grant stopped firing and started running in the direction that Cooper went. Again, at about the same spot Cooper fell, Grant fell.

"Fuck, Grant's down too." JJ started backing up cautiously as he fired on the dwindling crowd of dead. He turned around and started to walked towards the hallway and stopped in his tracks. Where there used to be a floor was now a giant hole. He peered over the edge and saw Cooper and Grant getting up.

"At about this time I noticed the firing had stopped. I looked back and saw the others were started to head over in my direction. Hace helped Rina to her feet, she was still a little wobbly but we had to go."

"Where are they?" the captain asked. He peered over his shoulder at the pile of bodies but didn't notice anything.

"Down there," JJ said as he pointed down the hole in the floor. "There's no way we can jump the opening either. So we have to either go down there with them or find an alternate route to the ship. I vote for finding an alternate route. At least we know we're on the same floor as the ship."

"Hey, f*ck you man! I'm not staying down here by myself asshole!" Cooper yelled up at JJ.

"You're not by yourself jackass, Grant's there with you," JJ yelled back.

"Shut up." Grant held up a hand to silence everyone. "Did you hear that?" A crashing sound came from behind the two men. "There!" Both men raised their rifles towards the darkness. Suddenly a wooden chair flew from out of the darkness and plowed right into Grant's chest, knocking him to the floor. Cooper fired a few rounds into the darkness. A scream from the darkness set everyone on end. It was the worste sound JJ had heard in his entire life. It sounded as though two star destroyers had plowed into each other. JJ dropped to his knees and closed his eyes trying to block out the sound. When the sound finally faded and he opened his eyes again, Cooper was gone. Grant was trying to get up off the ground but he had a difficult time at it. "Shit, I think I broke a couple of my ribs. Where's Cooper?"

"I don't know man. Is there anyway you can get back up here? Cause I sure as hell ain't goin' down there." JJ looked around trying to find someway he could get past the large hole in the floor.

"No, there's nothing here. Hey man, you're not gonna leave me down here are you?" No one said anything, but it's not like they had to. "F*ck you guys! You're not leaving me down here alone. I'm not gonna die down..." another crashing sound came from Grant's right. "Oh fu..." a blur of motion cut Grant off and he dissappeared in the darkness.

"I thought I saw a pair of wings. Butterfly wings. But I don't know what could have been that big. It must have been twice my height, but it moved so fast I can't say I know it's exact height. Whatever it was, we never saw it again."

OOC: I'm pulling out all the stops on this one. You can have any scary ass thing happen here if you want. Whatever your imagination can think up, I wanna see it. :D

Mirrodin
Acolyte of Shadow

Post by Mirrodin »

Hace and Rina stood watching the others talking. They’d have to find another route to get back to the ship. Just f*cking great! Hace turned to Rina.

“Babe, you ok?”

“Yeah, I think I am.” She said. “You can stop squeezing the f*cking life out of me now, jackass!” Hace let go, slowly. If anything happened to her, he didn’t know what he would do, but it would be painful for somebody. She was his life. He turned over to a wall display, flicking it on. It was a computer, like he knew. But how did he know? It was weird, almost as though…he’d been here before.

“Best part was, I had.”

“What?”

“Yup. Let the story continue, eh?”

“Sure Mr. Shetan.”

The computer display showed exactly where they were. And Hace knew where he wanted to go. One problem. If one got off this level, the only way to get back to the ship was through a system of tunnels that would lead them through to the core of the ship, which was right next to the main computer core. And that was where answers would be about the ship. Answers that Hace would find. He wanted to get off the ship, but he also wanted to know what the f*ck had happened here. Especially when that one dead dude had looked like him and he was remembering the place as though he’d been here,

“Let’s go.” He said, pulling Rina.

“Hey!” Rina and Hace turned to see the Captain coming their way.

“What?” Hace asked.

“And where the f*ck do you think you’re going?” the man said, as Grant called out…again. This time it was more of a moan. JJ turned came running.

“Getting the f*ck out of here. Something’s on this ship, and we need to get back to ours.” Hace thwacked the display with an armored fist. “And this is how we’re going to do it. I don’t give a shit that you’re the captain. I don’t give a shit that we’re shouldn’t split up. The only thing I give a shit about right now, is getting me and Rina off this f*cking ship, and then blowing this infested shithole to pieces. Got me?” The Captain had never had a real serious affront to his authority. Till no. And the pansy gave in.

“Fine. We do it your way. For now.” Hace nodded and turned.

“Come on people. Laser targeting on.” They started. As they walked down the hallway and exited the area in which they had originally scoped out, with the lady in the red dress, something strange happened. The lights flickered off. “Get you’re lights on!” Hace shouted, tensing. Before they could, the power came back.

“Oh…f*ck.” Rina said. At the end of the hallway were more of those zombies. And they were coming this way. Hace moved to protect Rina, but she moved past him, her hand clearing her armor and holding the slugthrower. The pistol was a semi-automatic, holding an enlarged clip of thirty-five bullets. Rina started firing. The first round exited the barrel and sped towards its intended target. It lodged itself right in the zombie’s head. The thing stopped, and collapsed. Rina stopped. They hadn’t been able to kill them earlier, they had disappeared. But now…

“Bullets!” Rina yelled, turning. “They’re weakness is real sl-“ The door next to her opened, and a zombie came out, grabbing her and pulling her towards the group.

“RINA!!!” Hace yelled, dropping to one knee, and bringing the gun up. With precision granted only after years of training and practice, Hace pulled the trigger, and the red bolt slammed into the bastard’s knee. The flesh burned and sizzled, leaving behind a hole where the joint used to be. The zombie took a step, but the joint failed, and he listed to that side. It was just what Rina needed and she got out from underneath his grip, twisting his arm back, way back. With a sickening crunch, it came off. Rina screamed, as the zombie continued to come after her. She smacked it again and again, as JJ ran forward. JJ grabbed the slugthrower from her and started firing into the oncoming crowd of at least twenty zombies. Round after round came out of the gun, and the zombies started dropping like flies. Unexpectedly, the gun ran out, the clip running dry. Rina pulled out her rifle, and opened fire, the lasers finishing the job for her.

“Let’s move!” She yelled and the group ran down the long hallway

“Looking back, we should have stopped to look at the zombies, but who was thinking of that. We just wanted to get out alive. Something Rina, JJ and the Captain wouldn’t do.” Hace started to cry.

-------------------
“Listen, I’ll finish telling what happened, if you tell me if Hace, JJ, and the Captain are ok.”

“Ms. Ocempo, please. Just continue.”

Rina stepped out of the end of the hallway, and looked up. “Storage Area A-H, Left. Mess Hall, Right.”

“Hace, which way?”

“Left.”

“Ok.”

“If only I had gone right instead of left first.”

The door to the Storage area was ajar. And Hace pushed it in. He couldn’t believe his eyes, as he entered, and the rest of them followed him. The storage area was filled with sacs. Yes, sacs. Sacs of some kind of organic shit. Mist of some kind clung all around them. There had to be at least fifty of the sacs. It looked as though they were filled with fluid. That’s what Hace thought, when he walked up to one. Suddenly, a hand came out, still inside of the sac, stretching it. The hand smacked Hace in the head.

“Stupid f*ck!” Hace pulled up his gun. Suddenly a noise stopped him. It came from the back.. He looked towards the end of the room.

There was a thing. A thing with spikes shooting out of its back. It was black, but with bloody splotches all over it. The thing was looking at Hace. Its yellow, feral eyes floored him. It opened its mouth, revealed jagged, dagger teeth. Snapping at him, it turned to a console, pushing buttons with its claws, somehow understanding how to manipulate the controls.

Then it turned. And charged.

“Get back! Get back muthaf*cka!” Hace yelled, opening fire. Rina ran over, and grabbed him, pulling him back. The beast was within striking distance, when they closed the door. But not before the sacs started shaking, and the fluid started pouring out. They were hatching.

The metal door closed. Suddenly it got impacted, as the beast hit it, full speed. Hace stood there, eyes wide. What the f*ck was that. Another impact.

“Allright, I vote let’s move.” JJ said. Rina had to drag Hace down towards the Mess Hall, as the door broke open. The beast came out, as did the weirdest little critters anyone had ever seen. They looked like little monkeys, except for the down right scariest look on their face. They looked ready to tear anyone apart.

“I think I know what happened to the crew.” JJ said, in a sing-song voice. They started running, the Captain shooting over his back at the monkeys.

“Run!”

OOC: Don’t post man, I split it up into three parts. This part isn’t as scary. But it gets better in the next two. Just wait. :)

Arkol

Post by Arkol »

OOC: lol Ok. This is getting pretty interesting. Just remember though, don't limit yourself to creatures. You can use ghosts too, which I think are worse than creatures coming after you.

Mirrodin
Acolyte of Shadow

Post by Mirrodin »

OOC: My apologies. I realize that I haven't posted in some time. Please bear with me, as midterms/finals should be put to a slow and painful death.

Buddy
Location: Provo, UT :( Could it be any worse? I have now learned that yes it can be but Provo still sucks :-P

Post by Buddy »

OOC: Sorry to clutter your story. But I just had to say this is really cool. At first I thought this was going to follow a Ghost Ship type story line but it has changed direction from that. Kepp going I want to read more. :)
"Your outta your mind." "Yeah, Ain't it cool?"
Into wrestling? Check out Morgan

Arkol

Post by Arkol »

OOC: *cough cough* Ahem. Where you at Mirrodin?

Mirrodin
Acolyte of Shadow

Post by Mirrodin »

Hace barged into the mess hall, kicking the door open. He moved into the room, in order to let the rest get in. He turned to see the captain standing in the hallway, continuing to fire.

“Captain, move it!” Rina shouted.

“You guys keep going.”

“What!? Are you nuts? We need to stay together.”

“Just keep moving. I’ll deal with these motherf*ckers, you keep going.” Hace looked at the captain. For once, real balls. Hace nodded with a grim look, and grabbed Rina’s hand. As the door shut, Hace could hear the captain yelling obscenities, and the whine of blaster fire. Hace waited at the exit, not opening the door. He counted. 10…9…8…7…6…5…4…3…2…1…*Crunch*. Bone snapping.

The captain had never felt such pain in his life. But the fact that he could see his shoulder joint, the nice white bone, told him, though he only realized it subconsciously, that he would be never have to experience pain like it ever again. And that was good. The beast threw him down, and the last thing he saw was one of those small creatures’ mouth descending on his right eyeball.

“Move!” JJ yelled to Hace, while Rina stood sobbing. Hace still stood outside the door. Hace closed his eyes and screwed up his face. Grabbing the door handle, he swung it open. There was a pearly white…being…in front of him. It had a nice kind face. It wore only shards of clothing.

“Hello Hace. We’ve been expecting you. Come.”

“What else was there to do? After all, the being did look hot. At least I think she was female…then again...well...”

“Continue, please.”

“Sure.”

OOC: Terribly sorry Arkol, I'm in a load of threads, and I just kinda forgot about this one...again, my apologies.

Arkol

Post by Arkol »

OOC: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem, you there buddy? I thought you said you had a third part yet to post?

Mirrodin
Acolyte of Shadow

Post by Mirrodin »

OOC: I'm writing the third post as we speak. New years and all. I'm just thinking about where to take it with this one. there are many different possible scenarios, and I'm trying to go with the weirdest...

Mirrodin
Acolyte of Shadow

Post by Mirrodin »

IC
Hace stared in wonder at the beings infront and all around him. Including above him. All were pearly-white and floated in the air. The one who had lead Hace and his group in was apparently the leader, as she/he was able to move around anywhere without anyone trying to stop her/him. Hace walked up to her/him.

"Excuse me, but how did you know my name? Who are you? And most importantly, how do I get off this ship?" She/He turned to regard Hace.

"I know your name because why would I not know your name? After all, you lead us here We died here." Hace's blood went cold.

"What did you say?" The being floated closer. She reached a hand out and brushed it against Hace's. He felt as though he was pitched into a tub full of ice cold water. And like he was drowning in it. He backed up. "What did you say?" he repeated.

"You don't remember? Perhaps you would better understand if you talked with Oracle. Yes. Oracle will help you Hacien Shetan. In order to reach the Oracle, you must pass through the Gates of The Horror and the Doors of Fate. However, they are not located in this ship. They are inside of you." Hace looked at the being in shock and puzzlement. "Once you figure out what they truly mean, then and only then will you understand." Hace nodded and turned to his people.

"C'mon guys." the group moved towards him. Only as they were leaving through another door, did Hace realize that there was five "ghosts" in the room. The exact number of his teammates. He shut the door.

"Poor fool. He does not realize the trap he is in. Poor poor fool." The being said, as its kind features turned scary. Its eyeballs turned a sickly yellow, the veins throbbing to an inhumane beat. Its mouth turned from a kind tightlipped smile, into a host of razor sharp teeth arranged in circles and rotating. Then the rest of the "ghosts" morphed as well...

OOC: I just got the most wonderful idea for the storyline....o0o...