RoM-II: The Coming of the Dariun :**Warning - Disturbing !**

18 years after the Battle of Yavin...
A divergent, persistent and interactive Star Wars timeline with a rich history and established characters.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

RoM-II: The Coming of the Dariun :**Warning - Disturbing !**

Post by SmokeMare »

**Warning - VERY Disturbing Material!**

[OOC: This thread is following on from the events of Rise of Malakai. It will contain some disturbing scenes probably, but if you read the first one you know that right? It's pretty open - please just introduce yourself in the OOC Thread so we can discuss how you make your way in. A word of warning, if people are actively posting, I tend to post once a day - and I will try not to steam-roll away from everyone with the thread, but I like to try and keep things moving. I will RP your character for you - if it's unavoidable, or you've asked me to, just don't expect a great deal of dialogue unless I know the character particularly well. If you have any issues with the way I do things or something I've written - please PM me, I would rather be criticised than have people grumble behind my back and avoid writing with me.

***************************************************************************************************************************************

Quoth, leader of the Stenax community on Sadar turned to his second in command, "The Eyalin have retreated again..." Stryx, flexed his wings, and gazed out of the broken portal that was the window from the ruined palace. The ruined city was ablaze in several places, "We have taken heavy casualties, their technology is so in advance of our own... We will not last long - our fleet is grounded, I fear we will not last another attack."

Quoth turned to him angrily, "We must! The Dariun has visited me again in my dreams, he has been sent by Vol - we just need to hold out until he arrives. The Dariun is power incarnate, and he will crush the Eyalin with a mere thought." Stryx looked at him indignantly, "I am skeptical in the least of this so called 'Dariun' even existing, let alone coming here to save us from destruction at the hands of the Eyalin. We should gather our damaged craft, and try to assemble a lifeboat ship so that we can flee to Strenos." Quoth chuckled, "You know we cannot build a craft capable of that, we lost contact with Strenos so long ago, we cannot expect help from there - the Dariun is our only hope... I have seen his coming, the sky black with ships, each more powerful than anything the Eyalin have thrown at us."

Stryx turned from the window, and walked away from the wind-whipped, roofless room, towards the crumbling staircase. Come, we must bury the dead, and offer our prayers to Vol... Dariun or not - there is little more we can do."

~

Elswhere on the planet Quixis, Ayar Arlin, was piloting his small craft. A fleet of similar craft were following in line, it had been a succesful attack, the Stenax city had been burned to the ground, and it seemed like their response had been weaker than ever - not a single ship had been launched to intercept them. A voice crackled over his comm, "Squadron Commander Arlin, you are cleared for atmosphere entrance." He swooped down, broke the atmosphere and was rushing through thick black clouds, rushing past them. Completely blinded by smog through his cockpit window, he was flying on instruments, zooming towards the main military base at the capital of Croquar, after the squadron swept in to land, and the hangar door closed, sealing the poison atmosphere outside, he waited for the extraction to fill the hangar with pure air and climbed from his ship and headed towards the palace. The planet Quixis atmosphere was unbreathable, allowing it to even touch ones skin would cause death if exposed for long enough. The entire planet was connected via walkways, subteranean speedways and buildings. It was possible to navigate the entire populated area of Quixis without ever stepping outside.

Eventually he was entered the council chamber and looked up to the rows of councilors, looking down from their benches, the leader addressed him, "Commander Arlin, how did the latest attack on the Stenax go?" He lowered his helmet which he had been carrying under his arm to the floor. Thinking about how strange this war was going, the Stenax, huge, physically strong warriors, were being subdued be tiny, generally less than a metre tall, frail humanoids simply down to technology. Of course - they'd had the upper hand up until now as they'd been striving for total air superiority. The Stenax fighters were slow, poorly shielded and armoured, stolen technology. They were brave warriors - but their very presence on Sadar was a barrier to the continued survival of the Eyalin, their planet, Quixis, largely through their bold experperiments over the millenia in power generation and resource manipulation - was dying. Daily quakes ruptured walkways and damaged hangar doors. Several large cities had been cut-off, unrepairable, the fate of the inhabitants unknown.

The plan had been to colonise and move to Sadar, but the arrival of the Stenax, so long ago - had driven the settlers who survived their attacks to flee back to Quixis. The Eyalin were not a war-like race, and were certainly not warriors, it had taken far too long to muster a force capable of taking back Sadar. Still - now air superiority was their's and the Eyalin would soon set foot on Sadar again and crush the winged monsters who had taken it from them.

"The attack was a complete success, the Stenax capital Arsha is in flames, less than a dozen craft were sent to intercept us, I suspect they are now grounded and we can begin the land assault."

The leader rubbed his chin thoughtfully, "When we launch the assault it must be complete, we must destroy the Stenax with one hammer-blow. We will focus more on the preparations..."

There was a low rumbling noise and the whole room shook, councillors grabbing onto their arm-rests and Ayar stumbling to the floor, dust falling from the ceiling. It subsided and the leader spoke again, "The quakes are getting more frequent, we are fast, running out of time."

Outside a massive army of cybernetic walkers, humanoid shaped but three metres tall and with laser cannons built into their arms was lined up. Where the faces should be were open cockpits, each waiting for an Eyalin warrior to take the controls. Giant, vibro-lances were hostered on the giant robotic vehicles backs, looking like a soulless army waiting for it's command. More were being unloaded at the far side of the hangar. Occasionally a tremor would rock the silent faceless warriors on their feet, even toppling the odd one of the thousands that were gathered.

Crixi Mayar, leader of the Eyalin council had left the council chamber. Trinik, his chief advisor ran down the corridor after him, "My lord, what troubles you?" Crixi turned to him grave faced, "I had the same dream again last night... I have spoken to the mystics, and they feel there is something in it." Trinik scratched his long pointed ear and laughed, "This Dariun? You have a vivid imagination Crixi - perhaps the stress of leading the council during these troubled times has taken your mind from you?"

Crixi glared at him, "There are powers in this universe that are more to be feared than the Stenax... The Dariun is coming, if we do not march on Arsha soon - we will be too late. Our only hope is to finish this war quickly, before the Dariun arrives."
Last edited by SmokeMare on Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

xfiend1013
Gonzo Bodhisattva

Re: RoM-II: The Coming of the Dariun

Post by xfiend1013 »

Reynald left the Masters chambers more than a little chilled. He'd answered the questions without being asked them, aside from the one question that Reynald wanted an answer for, but had not asked.

Why did the spirits not come near him? The tiny whispering voices of the dead seemed to avoid the area in which the Master dwelled.

Anyway, there was too much work to be done for him to worry about Sith Magicks.

Lots of work. He stood in the hallway for a moment and slid open his pearl-lined matchbox, struck a match, and ignited his pipe.

He called up his datapad. He sighed.

Orders to place. Facilities to build. He set up an order for the materials to be shipped to a waypoint at which a second shipping company would pick them up on hyperspatial barges, unmanned devices that would never return from their rendevous with the Mirage Obsidious.

With a few insurance purchases, he arranged it so that the company who provided them would profit from reporting the materials as lost, rather than sold. It was only a tiny bit more expensive, and he'd been briefed on keeping things as secret as possible.

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Malakai turned to Rissk, Mr Woodford was on his way. His new cybernetic assasin had been given a full set of orders and a poison arrow - it had taken him some time to 'adjust' but he would not trouble the SDN again. His long list of targets, beginning with a Corellian merchant named Varlow, and ending with his former lover - Alleria, would keep him busy for some time and be aiding the cause at the same time.

He knelt on his bed and rested a pale, cold hand on the quivering Rissk, "Rissk, wake up..." She snorted violently, "Hmmph! As if I could have been asleep!" Malakai sighed deeply, "Rissk, your eye-sight will return in time - you are already growing new eyes, soon they will be able to detect light and dark - eventually they will be better than they ever were."

She wanted to glare at him, she hated him - or at least she wanted to, in truth part of her was tasting his potent darkside aura and screaming for a bigger taste. The darkside was still beckoning Rissk. Malakai lowered his voice, "Rissk, I am not your enemy - I am only the enemy of people who make themselves my enemy. I am also not a fool - I'm not a traditionalist either, I will not ask you to strike down your friends as a test of loyalty or rite of passage. Perem was a fool for asking you to strike down Arice Quinn, it would have served no purpose."

Rissk was a little troubled by this, he was tempting her, "Hah! You're trying to tempt me with the darkside again! Well it won't work!" Malakai shrugged, unseen to Rissk, "Work or not work - it is irrelevant, I would like to offer you some knowledge - knowledge that is important to you, but that nobody else in the galaxy can tell you. Remember meeting your parents on Dosha? When you were chasing the Jedi Hunter, oh... Nearly 20 years ago?" Rissk was now puzzled, "Yes, but what has..." He cut her off, "No you don't, you parents were dead already at that point. Those Trandoshans were simply pretending to be your parents at the request of Kregor Faltis, he thought you would blame him for their deaths if you knew the truth." Rissk was getting more and more intrigued, "Hmmph! If they weren't my parents then who the frell was?! And what DID happen to them!?"

Malakai chuckled, "Rissk, you always felt bitter about having no family - in fact you do have family. After you were sold to Faltis, your mother had another clutch of eggs, amongst them was an albino, strong in the force but albino. She abandoned him in the forest, he taught himself how to survive, then returned and slaughtered your siblings and parents, you would have been killed too - now I think he would not blame you for their cruelty. His name is Srissk." Rissk would have fallen over if she'd been standing up, "How can I get in touch with him!? Is he still alive?" Malakai sighed again, "He lives, but he is not in a position to meet you at the moment, he is a member of the Cult of Shadow, Sivvters organisation, and if you are to meet him - and survive long enough to speak to him - you need to become stronger, stronger in the darkside. I am going to have you moved to your own quarters, if you wish to be returned to Onderon, I will arrange it - I know your mind though, you ARE intrigued, you feel meeting Srissk will help you finally bury your demons and close the door on the past, I will arrange this, I will teach you how to wield the darkside like a master - then I will explain how you can find him. For now I have to leave you, the ship is going to come under attack any moment now."

Rising from the bed he crossed to his comm unit and tapped in a command, "Vexis, scramble all fighters and capital ships - the Hutts mercenary fleet is about to drop out of hyperspace."
Last edited by SmokeMare on Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

xfiend1013
Gonzo Bodhisattva

Post by xfiend1013 »

Woodford stood with an arc in his back, his unseeming thinness evident. His skull-topped cane balanced him as he stood watching the scene unfold.

The alerts had been sounded. Tactical men, commanders and soldiers, were all about scrambling into ships and exiting the Obsidius smoothly. Woodford consulted his datapad - the ships' sensors registered metrics determining the time it took to scramble a vessel, the reloading period on the docking interfaces, and the various clearances allowed.

Command wanted something more modular, so that the docking bays could be easily refitted for different mission parameters. First, though, Woodford needed the data.

The hangar began emptying. The vessels exiting now were high above the floor. A red light flashed and the Woodfords' job began. Droids and mechanics swarmed like ants through waist-high trenches in the floor, lugging hoses and heavy repulsor-lifted rearming stations. Behind the battle group the retro-fitted Poison Arrow freighters waited, mobile repair-fuel stations. They were charging their supply loads now, via pipes and busy workers in the ceiling.

The man-hours involved in such an operation were staggering.

Woodford was going to do something about THAT.

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

The Hutt fleet dropped out of hyperspace on the lightside of Dathomir, the Nebulon B 'Mercy' and the Marauder 'Shadow' hanging back - flanked by the hyperspace capable fighters, most of which were modernised Z-95's.

Relik Varn's voice crackled over the comm to all ships, "This is Relik Varn of the Marauder Shadow - our target is in orbit on the far side of Dathomir. Transmitting co-ordinates now... Our orders are shoot to kill - destroy every ship with this area."

Reece Dakarna chuckled, 'Every ship!? What ship? ' They didn't even know what they were going to be shooting at, how many there were... It could be a very easy mission - the hutt seemed to think it would be a small capital ship and a few fighters - some previously unknown Sith Lord, popped up from nowhere and annoyed them... He didn't have the details, but the pay was good and that would do.

As the small flotilla rounded the planet, Reece's jaw dropped... The sky was littered with hundreds of ships... Fighters, freighters, small capital ships... All of the same design... And in the distance?! It seemed too large to be real, a massive tentacular construction, looking like somethig in between a space station and a capital ship... He gulped and opened a comm, "Commander? Orders?! Are we to proceed with the atta..."

He was cut off as Malakai's forces which had swept around the far side of the planet out-flanked them and opened fire. Reece was the first to succumb.

The battle was soon raging, the Poison Arrows were proving faster, more shielded, armoured and armed than the Z-95's. Soon the Hutt fleet was trying to break up - the large Poison Daggers raining torpedoes, missiles and turbo lasers on the Marauder and Nebulon B.

The clones were proving their worth as pilots too, dozens of dog-fights zipping around and between the large capital ships, the hugely outnumbered Z-95's being destroyed or disabled, ten to one against Malakai's Poison Arrows.

The escape route well and truly closed, Malakai's forces, outnumbering their foes massively, started rotating their attacks, retreating to the Mirage Obsdious when shields needed recharging. The Hutt's fleet fought desperately on, gradually throwing more and more power from weapons to sheilds. Eventually Relik Varn's desperate commands over the comm were silenced and the Marauder slowly lost orbit, partially burning up in Dathomir's atmosphere. The Nebulon was broken in two, part falling out of orbit, and the other half drifting off into space...

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Ethan shook himself down... His muscles were aching, he was fatigued, and he could feel dry congealed blood pooled around his eye. He looked down at Cair, her face a picture of agony. The Force was back again stronger than ever, he reached out - he felt... Yes... He could sense Quinn, he looked at the door, then scanned the room. The corridors would be full of clones or worse, but there was a ventilation system up high, removed the grill and climbed in.

He started using the force to detect Quinn, but soon didn't have to - it was clear the way was up, and towards the centre of the craft. Occasionally he passed by grills he could see through, clones bustling about organising, operating consoles... He pressed on, eventually he could go no further without dropping down into the corridor. He did so, and walked forwards towards a large double door, guarded by two clones, he threw his sabre, decapitating the one on the right before he could react, and at the same time ran in and punched the left hand one squarly on the chin - shaking the pain out of his hand afterwards - the clone unconscious and crumpled on the floor. The door slid open just in time for him to see Maris Eterna collapse, virtually sliced in two...

Having said that, Arice didn't look that much better, his face was covered in blood, his robes were still on fire and smoking and he stunk of burning flesh from the many, many lightsabre wounds all over his body... He'd never seen Arice take such punishment, even after the duel with the Dark Master of the Sith, Perem Thoje. He approached and offered a hand, "Arice, are you alright?" Arice nodded, allowing himself to be pulled up, "I'll live - I've had worse... The others?"

Ethan looked troubled, he was claiming to have had worse, but there wasn't a limb that wasn't sabre damaged, and his body had been pierced several times - it seemed unlikely his organs weren't damaged... "Arice... Silone is dead - Maris, she... She drank Silones blood, Rissk is gone, her eyes have been removed, Hood I..." Arice cut him off, "I know what's happened to Hood... I can't bel..."

Ethan cut him of this time, "Arice, I'm sorry about Rissk, there's nothing I could do. There's nothing we can do now, except maybe disrupt this operation and escape to Onderon to warn the others..." Ethan looked down at Maris and shuddered her vicious fangs jutting out horribly, her eyes still, but jet black. "Arice, she..." Arice shook his head, "I don't know what she is... I don't know what happened to her... She said it was me, my fault... We should not have come... Hood, is now an assasin for Malakai, Silone dead, Rissk, blinded and taken to the Mirage... I'm sorry I dragged you along, you're a good friend Voss, but you're right - we need to get out of here... Maris said this was a large droid, I'm wondering where the brain is..."

Ethan shrugged, "I would guess on a droid this size the brain would be spread out into small areas... I can guess what you are thinking..." Arice nodded, and spat some blood out, "True, but there should still be a central control nexus - it should something like a large crystal, with lots of connections to it..." At that point he looked up, there was a large green crystal in the centre of the cieling. This clearly wasn't a duelling room. The size was to give adequate cooling to the crystal which was giving off considerable heat... Ethan followed his gaze and grinned, "Would you like the honour?" Arice chuckled, "Don't mind if I do - we'd better be ready to run, and we'd better hope there's a skiff near by - any idea where the hangar is?" Ethan chuckled, and rubbed some dry blood from his eye, "I'm guess we'll have to run and hope for the best - may the force be with you Arice Quinn.", "And with you Ethan Voss."

With that Arice dart threw his sabre into the crystal, upon contact the whole room shook and started tilting badly, then jerking around making it hard to stay on their feet. Ethan and Arice pelted out of the room to where they hoped the skiffs might be kept.

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Arice and Ethan escaped the Spider. The violent loss of control sending the staff and crew into such a panic, they didn't pay any attention to the fleeing Jedi - the corridors lurching to and fro and jerking up and down. The Jedi were sent crashing to the floor several times - but eventually they got to a hangar and managed to comandeer a skiff. As they zipped over the forest they looked back at the behemoth spider one last time, to see it wobble, then topple - crashing into the forest, sending up a mighty cloud of dust and shaking the earth.

Arice thought about Silone, and Nandi - he wouldn't call them bad people, they'd just been like most of the galaxy, following their own agenda, sometimes at the cost of others... They hadn't deserved the fate dealt to them by Malakai. At least now there was some revenge for them - Maris, killed, Cair killed - again... And the octoped toppled...

Ethan looked deep in thought, Arice looked him in the eye, "Ethan?" Ethan shook his head, looking dismayed, "Sorry, I was just thinking about Rissk... And Silone and Hood... I wonder where they've taken Rissk?" Arices shrugged, "It sounds like they have a capital ship nearby - I'm guessing there... I don't understand what they've done to Hood, he's young, inexperienced - but he has a good heart, I can't imagine him turning to the darkside and serving Malakai..."

Ethan shuddered, "Quinn, with the bio-tech that seems to be at Malakai's disposal it's possible he's being 'forced' to serve him against his will... Come on - we need to get away quickly - we're in no state to go after Rissk OR Hood at the moment."

Arice nodded and the skiff sped on to the trading post.

Maris Eterna opened her eyes, everything hurt, the room was the wrong way up - somehow she'd ended up lying on the cieling. She tried to get up, but stumbled, and looked down at her torso - or what was left on it. Her armour was melted, her torso almost carved in half, but she wasn't dead. The Vankyr effect? It seemed likely, tendrils of fresh flesh were already regenerating out of the charred mess that the cut was... She used the wall for support and fought her way to her feet through a wave of pain. The spider was clearly toppled, the power was out and it was dim, she was near the top, and the room was upside down. Holding her torso together with her hands she grimaced and fought her way to the wall, then using her makashi sabre, began cutting doorways. Eventually, after several cuts, she was out on the ground....

The dust was still settling, small fires were burning, staff were rushing around, some of the facilities buildings had been crushed by the falling spider. She had to get to a comm, and fast. Hobbling and grimacing with pain she headed to one of the ground side communication centres....

Vexis meanwhile was on the bridge, she'd been monitoring the battle. None of the Hutt ships had been able to get close enough to open fire on the Mirage. A testament to the effectiveness of their forces, but it did mean the ability of the Mirage to withstand an assault had gone untested.

They'd taken some losses, a handful of fighters at most... Woodford was collating the data and preparing to imrove their methods and setup... So far he'd proven a real asset and far superior to his predecessor. She opened a comm to Malakai's chamber.

Feeling tired of being cut off she didn't speak when she saw his face appear, he paused, then spoke for her, "You want to report on the battle. I know how it went anyway - the important thing is to despatch a small fleet to the planet, the Spider has been destroyed as has most of the facility. It was unfortunate, but I was not in a position to intervene. The amount of lodestone left in the ground at Dathomir is negligable, not worth re-instating the mining operation. Get the base closed down, have all the remaining Forcer Bane's shipped to the Mirage. Anything that cannot be easily salvaged we will leave - we have to move soon."

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Lights, and a bluish grey blurriness...

A tube down her throat, wires attached to her arms, torso and legs, and possibly some sharp implements imbedded in her brain. Cair reached up and felt the back of her cranium, sure enough two long metal probes were inserted and screwed into her skull preventing them moving...

The blurriness cleared as she was raised up out of the tub and Seddick Forge, aided by some assistants, began pulling wires and tubes out. She looked around, her - another clone grow bath... She groaned... Clearly she'd been killed... AGAIN.

As Seddick pulled the throat tube out she coughed up blueish green bile, into the bath. It was so undignified, lying naked whilst the medical team tubes off her, checked her vital signs and cleaned her up. She glared around them angrily, "Get out of my way!" Swinging her legs over the side of the raised grill that had lifted her out of the tub she barged them aside and stormed into the shower, still covered in blue slime. Seddick handed her a robe as she exited, she glared at him, "Well?! What happened this time?" Seddick looked sheepishly at her, "Well, erm, the Jedi who killed you last time - Ethan Voss... He erm, well you ran into him again on Dathomir - I believe you were questioning him when he escaped... He killed you - again."

Cair growled angrily - it was infuriating! " Where is the Master?" Seddick looked uncomfortable, "He told me to tell you, erm, he knew this was going to happen, he gave you specific instructions hoping to avert it - but you not following his orders has resulted in..." She glared at him, "Cut to the chase Forge!", "He isn't happy with you - this clone was growing before the other clone had even been activated. There isn't another one growing now though - so you should re...", "Yes, I'll be doing that straight away... Grrr... Get out of my sight!"

With that she stormed out fuming. Seddick turned to Alisha - "Is it me or does her temper worsen every time she gets activated?" the young girl, now arms full of wires and tubes shrugged, "Now that her work is finished, I don't kow why the Master bothers - if she keeps running into that Voss fellow, she'll end up trying to kill everyone in the room as soon as she's activated." Seddick chuckled, "Having said that - I suppose I'd be annoyed if I got killed by the same game twice in as many weeks!"

Vexis tapped in Reynolds personal communicator, "Reynold, the base on Dathomir is to be shut down and removed. We're moving onto a new system. If you could oversee the dismantling and shipping of the base, personell and hardware - as always the Master will be pleased with any efficiencies you can incorporate, we aim to be leaving orbit in 18 galactic hours."

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Maris looked a sorry sight over the comm screen. He eyes had returned to normal, and her fangs had retracted. Her torso has started to knit together, but she looked pale, woefully pale... She looked like the life had been drained out of her, and she was clearly unsteady on her feet.

Vexis gazed in wonder at the haunted visage of Mais Eterna that greeted her. Maris spoke first, "Inform Lord Malakai, the spi..." Vexis cut her off, "Has fallen, the base is in ruins - I know, Lord Malakai has informed me already." Maris looked puzzled, then opened her mouth to speak again, "Also I believe Cair is..." Vexis cut her off again with a sigh, "Cair is dead - the master has told me already. Dead at the hands of Ethan Voss... Her clone has already bee activated." Maris looked baffled at this, "But it takes three or fou..." Vexis cut her off, "The second clone was already growing before the first clone was activated. Lord Malakai knew that Cair would would make the mistakes that led to her death and ordered Seddick to start another clone. Our new logistics man, Reynold Woodford is already organising the closure of the base... The lodestone seams on Dathomir have been virtually depleted - we are preparing to leave orbit."

Maris shuddered, Malakai's knowledge of event happening elsewhere still unnerving in the extreme... To wield such knowledge and power! She grimaced with pain as she shifted her weight. She could tell she'd been virtually cleaved in two... She should be dead, but she was on her feet... The Vankyr Infection horrified her at times... But she had to marvel at it too - how much more potent would it become once her turning was complete?

xfiend1013
Gonzo Bodhisattva

Post by xfiend1013 »

Eighteen hours to disassemble what had in likelihood taken years to build.

Frell.

At least the new ships were arriving from the Mirages' own foundries. Reynald called up a list of transport assets and delegated half of the cleanup crew to take up orbit at the planetary Lagrange points and checked with Vexis, who settled the Mirage Obsidious into a geosynchronous orbit.

Large grav-null transport husks arrived on the planet containing the massive booster rockets that would be used to get huge chunks of the facility in orbit. They were expensive, and generally only good for a single trip - the strain of lifting tons into orbit would burn out the repulsors and the huge rockets would take days to retrofit.

Reynald had less than a day. Poison Arrow transports arrived with the work crews, setting down in the harsh landscape. Dathomir had once been quite beautiful, but here, it was a mined-out wasteland.

One of these transports contained Reynald and a half-dozen hand-picked technicians who set to work converting the ore lifters into something suitable for transporting the equipment.

Reynald slapped a datapad into the hands of a junior officer who was there to run errands for him. It was a priority list, carefully indexing the equipment on base by ease of transport and expense using a careful algorithm that weighed those variables against one another.

"I want these priority items tagged and the mining drones set to bring them to the troop transport area. The personnel will leave last. Make sure the pilots are swapping out when they return to base, the last thing I need is a bunch of sleep deprived joystick jockeys frelling this up. Make sure they don't cross the trajectory of the ore lifter."

"Yes sir." The officer said, and saluted. He was one of those pale, hard-nosed military types that seemed to breed in space. Reynald waved him off, without returning the salute. He didn't have time. Plus, he was a contractor.

"Alright, how's the magnetic charge?" He asked. Two huge loader droids were shoving a giant magnet into place as it floated above a metal tube.

"We've just got to align the rest of the tube." The engineer said. "We've converted most of the mining tunnel and added the extension - where'd you get that, by the way?"

"Bit of an old space station we found in orbit." Reynald said. "I trust it'll be sufficient for a single run?"

"More than that I can't guarantee." The engineer said. She was a small twi-lek woman with oversized goggles.

"Fair enough." Reynald sighed. These engineers had already turned half a space station, an old ore lifter, and a mining facility into a single-shot railgun that would be able to launch half a mountain.

Outside, soldiers equipped with disruptor rifles were disintegrating the items that were to be left behind.

Dathomir was going to have orbital issues after the launch of so much mass in one shot. The astrogation geeks up in orbit were working a way for the factory to get a gravitational assist from the nearby moon so that the Mirage could pick it up as she left the system.

Six hours left.

Reynald went back to work.

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Maris had returned to the Mirage amidst the armarda of transports setting up Reynolds ambitious evacuation plan. She'd drawn some disturbed looks from the lower down employees, and clone's who must have been looking in disbelief at the fact that she was not only alive - but limping around, despite being virtually in two halves...

Eventually she made it to the Masters quarters, the door opened as she arrived of course. Lord Malakai sitting cross-legged on the large bed in the centre. He spoke first, "Ahhhh.... Maris, you have returned..." She lowered her head slightly, "My Lord, I..." He cut her off, "Spare me your apologies, the price of your foolishness has been paid - learn the lesson. I will not intervene when people choose to disobey my instructions - I will simply allow you to reap the cost of failure. If I give an instruction to you - it will be in your best interest to follow it. I do not need to punish mistakes, mistakes punish themselves. If you were not so close to the point of no return - you would be dead. I will seal your fate now - then have you moved to the medical centre, the charred and burned lumps about your torso will not return to life - they will need to be cut away so that you can heal properly. If you are sliced into enough pieces by a lightsabre, then even the Vankyr regeneration will not save you... How did Quinn defeat you?"

Maris shuddered, "He... He back- headbutted me, whilst I was about to drink his blood... Then while I was stunned he seemed to join his sabres together somehow - it's all something of a blur... The sabres then cut through my Cortosis armour..."

Malakai chuckled, "Childe, you do not need to rely on armour - your mistake is the classic mistake of Dark Lords old and new all over the galaxy. You are a predator, a true predator - do not play with your prey. If you are going to kill someone, kill them, if you are going to drink someones blood, drain their life away - then do it. You have no oligation to them to explain yourself. This mistake was Perem's also - he is now a large chunk of brain and skull floating in a bacta tank, largely kept alive through his own bitterness and stubbornness to die... Learn my lessons and you will NOT suffer the same fate. I can and will save you from almost anything the galaxy can throw at you - I cannot and will not, save you from yourself."

With a blur, so fast Maris could'nt see it, only feeling the air move, he rose, and crossed the room so he was behind her, his teeth sinking into her jugular. She felt the paralysis kick in, then the feeling of going cold, of having her blood drained...

It had happened before several times, it was still a terrifying experience, she wanted scream, or wriggle free - but it was hopeless, she stood there helpless feeling her lifeblood drain away - then he nicked himself and fed her some of his blood... And the nightmares began...

As she collapsed to the floor Malkai slowed her fall then called up a communication to the medical centre, "Bring a team up to my quarters, Lady Eterna is to collected and taken straight to theatre, her burs are to be cut off, and torso rejoined together - with removeable staples."

Soon a crew picked her limp form off the floor and stretchered it out. The two puncture wounds on her neck causing raised eyebrows.

xfiend1013
Gonzo Bodhisattva

Post by xfiend1013 »

Reynald was, as usual, consulting his datapad. He was onboard one of the new Poison Dagger class vessels - a corvette-analog, replete with the sparse furnishings and heavy construction that was favored by foundry onboard the Mirage Obsidious.

Gravity rocked the vessel as it caught an orbital assist from the passing mountain - the size of an asteroid, it had taken the combined lift force of the mag-rail they'd constructed and several massive rockets to get this into orbit.

The corvette pilot was good, swinging around the chunk of trailing debris and coming dangerously close to the surface of the moon, craters streaking past all a blur.

Rockets fired on the transports behind them, and the huge pipe-laden refinery spun in a rapid arc that accelerated it towards the lunar surface.

"You sure about this, Woodford?" The pilot asked them as the bulk of the refinery loomed large on the artificial horizon. In the rapidly shrinking space they could see the retreating bulk of the equipment, the Poison Arrow freighters offloading into the Poison Daggers that were ready to jump to hyperspace.

Other Poison Arrows were hurtling towards the Mirage Obsidious as it tore deep into space, having already gotten the gravitational push from the moon-Dathomir interaction.

"It's the only way to slow her down." Reynald said. "Get ready for debris tracking and evasion. Shields and sensors full forward."

"One step ahead of you." The pilot said. The massive smoke-stack chimneys rolled slowly towards the moon, and Reynald looked right at his datapad.

The timing was perfect.

The huge chimneys crashed into the lunar surface, dragging and breaking apart as debris spilled into the low gravity, bouncing dust up into the atmosphere.

The refinery slowed in a debris-riddled spray. The Mirage Obsidious opened fire on the oncoming debris even as her massive capital-ship hangar opened.

A few ships went offline, lost in the debris storm. The refinery snapped across the magnetic webbing and tractor beam grid, halting it, locking the city-block-sized factory into place.

"Preparing to go to hyperspace." The pilot said. The crews onboard the Mirage Obsidious would need time to disassemble equipment and make landing spots ready. The Poison Dagger ships would meet the huge capitol ship in six hours.

Hyperspace stretched out in front of them. Communications were off.

Reynald took his helmet off. Took in a deep breath of air and grasped the amulet he wore. It reminded him of things that he had forgotten.

"I'm going to get some sleep. Six hours worth, pilot." Reynald said. "Don't wake me unless it's a real emergency."

Endorenna

Post by Endorenna »

Terunna closed her eyes. She was lying in her bunk, completely alone in the room. On this tiny little vessel, which consisted of exactly three compartments—an engine room, a central compartment that functioned as both sleeping quarters and cargo area, and a cockpit—being alone was a rarity. Usually she and Feyron had been, much to her annoyance, inseperable during the trip, as the doors between the compartments had been stuck in the “open” position. Thankfully, Feyron had fixed the door mechanism, so for the first time in several days, she was just alone.

She breathed out. Lying in the dark was so relaxing—and if there was one thing she needed, it was time to relax. Feyron had tried to speak to her several times, and though he always backed down when she made it clear she didn’t want to talk, he would always gently attempt to lure her into conversation later. Since she hadn’t been able to get away from him, she hadn’t been able to shut him out until now.

The young woman breathed in deeply and breathed out again, clearing her mind. She just lay there and listened to everything. The low rumble of the engine, the sound of her heartbeat, her breath, the sound of Feyron’s low humming from the next room, his footsteps, the tiny creak of the pilot’s chair as he sat down…sounds she couldn’t hear before flowed into her, past her, none of them catching her notice more than any other.

Terunna felt herself slipping into the Force, stretching her senses even further. Now she could feel Feyron’s presence, and…little else, since he was the only one around. They were speeding through the vacuum at the speed of light, and there weren’t any ships nearby. Except…

They were arriving.

Terunna stretched towards the fleet. Malakai had called for her to return, and so she was here. Briefly she wondered if he already knew she was here.

Quietly, she called out into the Force, ”Master?”

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

'Childe, it is time for you to return - I sense you have learned from your brief travels with Velok, and your encounter with the Cult of Shadow. We are preparing to leave Dathomir - I will have Vexis hold off our departure until you have docked. When you arrive, come and see me.'

The strength and clarity of the mental projection was slightly unnerving, communication without communication technology was not unheard of - but over such distance with a person travelling through hyperspace? It was another frightening indicator of the reach and scope of the Master's powers. Terruna would have been disconcerted further still, if she knew that Malakai was simultaneously comminucating with the Stenax on Sadar and the Eyalin on Quixis as well.

~

Without breaking his mental connection with Terunna he rose and approached the holonet terminal. As he did so it beeped an incoming communication from the bridge. He activated before the beep had completed and died down - leaving Vexis looking a little startled. She paused this time, waiting for Malakai - starting seemed somewhat futile given his tendancy for cutting her off, then telling her what she had been about to tell him and answering her questions before she asked them. Malakai sighed then spoke, "Woodford has completed the dissembly of the base - the Mirage is ready to move. Hold your ground for a while though - my emmisary is returning, she will be here shortly. The fleet will head to the Velaris sector as soon as she has docked. When we reach the Velaris sector - make orbit around Sadar, as the ship is hitting orbit, the fleet and our army of force-clones should be disembarking and heading straight to the co-ordinates I have already entered onto the main-frame. The Eyalin are going to launch a final all-out attack on the Stenax faction there - we are going to intervene. Make sure Woodford is ready."

Vexis sighed, taking it all in, but feeling slightly annoyed at the one-way comminication. "Yes, Master, how is..." He cut her off, "Despite Maris injuries - she is fine, the Vankyr infection has saved her from what otherwise would have been fatal... It should have made her impossible for Quinn to defeat her - her foolishness in 'toying' with her prey is the only thing that allowed Quinn to defeat her... No, I am not concerned about the Jedi - they flee with their tails between their legs - the spider can be repaired before we orbit Sadar, Maris survived and The next Cair Clone has already been activated. The force is clouded around Quinn as ever, but he has gone to fight the Cult of Shadow, I suspect he will meet his end there anyway. No further action needs to be taken, they know less than nothing of our plans and trying to have them followed only creates a risk of them learning more about our organisation."

Vexis nodded, answered completely - again, "Yes Master."

The comm died down...

Vexis was sitting at her desk, she paused then tapped out a brief communication to Woodfords vessel informing him of the plans and the timescale.

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Quoth and Stryx were standing in the ruins of the Ancient Palace in Arsha. The Eyalin were on their way. Huge landing craft had been seen swooping in, deposting ordenance - then swooping off. The land assault was too far away to be seen, but it was obvious it was coming.

Stryx glared at Quoth, flexing his wings, "Why must we cower in this ruined city?! We should be seeking a death worthy of Vol, lance in hand, dying on our feet!" Quoth smirked, "You may want to throw your life away cheaply but not I. If we make for the Eyalin line, their fighters will strafe us to death before we are in sight. If we take to the air, we will be shot down. We have no chance against the Eyalin forces - but we must make them pay dearly."

Commander Arlin was hhaving a last minute check on his combat rig. All the blasters were charged, the cybernetics were in good order and he had a full complement of missiles. He climbed up the entry ladder and slid into the cockpit which was where the face should be on the robotic warrior he looked up at the clear sky and breathed deeply... Fresh, fresh air! It was almost unreal, living in the hermetically sealed domes of Quixis, breathing artificially produced air for so long... You got used to it, he'd grown up breathing it - air should be air, but once you had tasted the fresh, natural air of Sadar - returning to the stale, dry air of Quixis... Produced artificially in factories and pumped through the facilities...

He steeled himself and reached up pulling his cockpit closed, as he did so the dashboard lit up and he barked into the comm, "Forward section Alpha Zeta, march! The Stenax are probably gong to hold out in their bombed out city - we outnumber them ten to one, and they have no air support - fire at will as soon as you see the enemy."

As one the mammoth robotic army started lurching forwards, each warrior - instead of a face, having a tiny Eyalin pilot behind a plexi-glass screen...

It was going to be a slaughter.

Endorenna

Post by Endorenna »

[OOC: This is a joint post between Smoke and me.]

Terunna stepped off of the ramp of the tiny vessel into a bustling hangar bay. She frowned slightly, but kept walking, heading towards the exit of the hangar. Malakai had said something about leaving Dathomir. Briefly, she wondered why, and made a mental note to ask him about it.

The ship jolted slightly. Terunna didn’t even bother looking over her shoulder at the force field that covered the open hangar wall. They had obviously gone to lightspeed. She strode through the hangar door into the crowded hallways.

The halls were filled with running people, all obviously on their way to fill some pressing task. Terunna easily slipped through the flow of the crowd, making her way towards Malakai’s chambers, stopping and asking directions now and then from other people.

Finally, she reached the door. She took a deep breath, feeling apprehension fill her. Last time she’d come this way, she’d been intoxicated and had almost cost herself her life. She wished that she knew what Malakai had called her here for—perhaps that knowledge would’ve helped her slow her steadily rising heart rate and calm the trepidation she couldn’t help but feel.

Quickly, she ran over the possibilities in her mind, and found only three. One, he might have some sort of mission for her. Two, he could be planning to dismiss her for good, having thought over her blatant disrespect and drunken threats from before. Three, he could be planning to continue her transformation.

Terunna looked down at her hands. They didn’t seem like they were the same ones she’d had only a few weeks earlier on Ambria. In fact, everything—her whole body—nothing felt the same. It was as if her mind had somehow been transferred into another shell of flesh and blood, while her original body had been left behind to rot somewhere. Before, the Dark Side, the life within her, the thing she used to destroy her enemies, had drifted in currents deep beneath her skin, lying in wait in the shadows until she called them forth. Now, she could feel the darkness prowling a little closer to the surface—just a little closer, but to her finely attuned senses, it felt like it was about to break out of her. She half-expected to see her hands become enmeshed in tendrils of the darkness even as she looked at them. A shudder ran through her. In one way, it was good—she could access the darkness more quickly—but there was something else. Before, the darkness had lurked in shadows. Now, it had moved…and dragged the shadows with it.

The young woman looked up abruptly and touched the door chime. She had no time to reflect on this now. Malakai had, no doubt, sensed her long before now, and he was waiting for her to enter.

The door slid open. Terunna stepped inside.

When she entered Malakai was sitting in his usual position, cross-legged eye's closed in the centre of the bed. He didn't open his eye's to address her, "Ahhhh.... My apprentice... My emissary... I am pleased with how you have conducted yourself in the presence of young Velok." Terruna smirked softly - being able to see hear and communicate across the galaxy using the force - made this minor feat seem trivial.

"Yes, Master..."

He cut her off before she could continue, "The answer to your question is many-fold. I have not brought you here to be my personal servant, I have brought you here to teach and nurture. Your potential is great, I intend to help you fulfill it. I have missions for you as it happens, but none which you are able to embark upon at this time... Now... Now it is time for your next stage of transformation..."

…next stage of transformation…

Terunna shivered slightly, thinking back to the hallway. She gritted her teeth and breathed out slowly. Finally, she nodded once, managing to make it not look forced, and replied flatly, “As you wish. What needs to be done?”

There; she didn’t want to change further, but it was the only way to control her power. It was necessary. Change was better than dying.

Malakai looked stoicly at her, his face void of emotion, "Come here Childe, and offer your neck to me - I will progress your transformation from there."

He rose to his feet and waited. Terunna gritted her teeth, willing herself not to think of doing anything but obey him. She crossed the distance between them with a few quick strides. Offer her neck to him? Force, that didn't sound good. She wished desperately that she'd actually been awake for this before, because right now, she had no idea what he was going to do. Hesitantly, she took one smaller step, bringing her uncomfortable close to the Dark Lord. Quickly, she untied the strip of black cloth she kept over the scarring on her neck, wound it around her wrist, and tilted her head to the side, reaching her hand around her neck and brushing away her hair as she did so.

Malakai paused, his cold breath on her neck sending chills up her spine - then pain. Pain as two sharp puncture wounds were made. The paralysis was instant, her limbs flopped lifelessly and even the ability to more her eyes was taken from her. The only thing keeping her on her feet was the fact that Malakai had gripped her shoulders, holding her upright and his fangs were buried deep in her artery, gripping her upright.

She wanted to struggle, to scream and pull away and run back to the ship. But...she couldn't. She couldn't even look at Malakai, or beg him to stop, or ask him to let go of her. All she could do was feel the pain of Malakai's teeth fastened in her skin, the pressure of his fingers digging into her and holding her, the horrible, claustrophobic sensation of panic filling her as she realized she couldn't move at all. For some reason, she felt...cold.

He pulled away, Terunna looking pale and lifeless. With a satisfied sigh he laid her carefully on the bed, then bit his own wrist. With one hand he forced her jaw open and began squeezing dark, acrid blood into her mouth. The taste was vile, it tasted of death and power in equal measure.

Terunna felt the blood trickle down her throat, despite her not swallowing. Her nerves tried to fire and make her choke the evil liquid back up, to no avail. She attempted to force herself to calm down, to find a place within herself to hide from the paralysis and just try to relax. Unsurprisingly, she failed.

Malakai turned his back on the incapacitated girl, he approached the holonet terminal and tapped in an address. As the screen fizzled into view he wiped the blood from his lips, "Send a porter and a stretcher to my chambers, my emissary is to be taken back to her room."

A minute later, the door slid open, and two uniformed men entered the room bearing the stretcher Malakai had called for. They quickly and quietly picked her up, set her on the stretcher, and left carrying it between them.

Terunna couldn’t do anything but watch the ceiling pass over her. The porter by her head kept glancing down at her with a mixture of curiosity and disgust, probably thinking she was unconscious and couldn’t see him. She attempted to glare at him, but, of course, the effort failed. It was fortunate for him, she fumed to herself, that she was too weak to sense his thoughts. No doubt he was thinking that she had allowed Malakai to, as Lehari had so “delicately” put it a few years earlier, “have his way with her”, or some sick perversion thereof. But what else would someone think, after all? There had been others there the first time she’d woken up from this, all draped across the bed like she had been a few minutes earlier. Anyone entering the room at that time would undoubtedly assume the worst—and since Malakai hadn’t bothered to, say, set her in a chair instead of drop her on a bed, the “worst” wasn’t hard to think up.

After what seemed an eternity, they reached her quarters. The men laid her on her own bed and left.

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Vexis was on her way from the bridge, Solus had the bridge, and they were simply waiting for the Hyperspace jump to complete. True, the fleet was being prepared for an assault, but it didn't need her input and she hadn't left the bridge in days - it was time for a break.

She was headed towards Shadizar, the officers club just above the command deck. Considering the dark lords who had commissioned the vessel it was remarkably comfortable. Large windows, giving a glorious view of space - or in this case hyperspace, with dura-steel shutters that closed automatically when they were in combat, and a huge array of tables set on various levels. There was even a small stage where live music acts would sometimes perform - although such a luxury had not happened since they made orbit near Dathomir.

She approached the bar, ordered a Vaserian Brandy and strolled through the array of tables to the upper gantry, a table next to one of the large windows, illuminated by hyperspace.

Life was good, the Empire had not been kind to her, and she'd taken Perem Thoje's promise of a better life with some skepticism. Now here she was in charge of possibly one of the largest capital ships in the galaxy, with an ancient Sith spirit promising her immortality - if she chose to accept it....

The question was - did she want to accept it?

Passing eyes would glance at her sitting alone as they passed from time to time, the truth was the crew of the Mirage Obsidious was so vast, and with such a long chain of command, many of them probably had no idea she was the Captain of the ship.

A familiar face entered the club, dressed more conservatively than she was used to seeing her - it was Maris Eterna. This was somewhat surprising as the last she'd heard - she'd been chopped in half by one of the Jedi escapee's. She knew she'd been sent to Malakai and to the medical bay... Had her report been wrong ? Nobody should even be alive, let alone walking around after... She shook her head - Maris had seen her and was ordering a drink, clearly planning to join her shortly.

Moments later Maris was carefully carrying her Ruby Wine through the sparsely populated club and took a seat opposite Vexis, "Vexis... How are you?" Vexis sipped her brandy and studied Maris for a moment before answering, "I'm okay... Glad to have a rest - what with the happenings planet-side and the Hutt attack force... I've not left the bridge in days. How are you, you're looking... Better than I expected."

Maris glared for a moment then rolled her eyes and sighed, "Hmmph! So you've heard then..." Vexis looked puzzled at this, "I heard you were injured, I just thought...."

Maris cut her off, "Yes, I was injured, that... Nerf, Quinn sliced me virtually in half!" Vexis raised an eyebrow, her interest clearly engaged, "And how long ago was this?" Maris shrugged, "Two or three days ago." Vexis stared in disbelief for a moment, "Then how is it you are here, and not in a tank of Bacta surrounded by Sith sorcerers trying to keep you alive?"

Maris chuckled at this, "Hah! The master told me he had offered you 'the gift' but that you don't feel ready... The gift is what means I am here unharmed. The power Vexis.... You can feel it running through your veins - there is nothing in the galaxy like it."

Vexis sipped her drink carefully, "And the price?" Maris shrugged, "I won't say it's an easy transition. Feeding off the living is something that will take some getting used to - but the infection gives you an incontrollable urge to. It's impossibe to resist it...."

Vexis screwed her face up, "Urgh! I don't know how you can do it... Urgh, Just couldn't face it... Have you...." Maris cur in again, "Yes, I've fed - one of Quinns friends, a Dathomir witch to look at her. Look, I know it sounds vile, it took me long enough to get my head around it... But eternity, never growing old, never dieing.... That's a great prize. You don't look convinced, but you aren't approaching it from the same place I am. You look.. What about thirty? Late twenties? People would look at us and think we were the same age, I am over sixty years old... It gives you back your youth!"

Vexis nodded, "I suppose I have penty of time to choose... " Maris chuckled, "As long as you don't get sliced in two..."

Vexis waved at the barman, indicating the same again, and another brandy was brought over. She took it and had a sip, "How is Cair?" Maris rolled her eyes, "She only went and got killed again... " Vexis smirked, "Making something of a habit of that lately isn't she? Has the master ordered her re-cloned?" Maris shook her head, "The master knew she was going to be killed and had clone started weeks ago - it was activated a few days ago... If there's one thing Cair has done, more than Quinn even, is to teach me, if the master tells you what to do or how to do it - it's a good idea to try your best to follow his instructions."

Vexis nodded, "Have you heard anything about Perem?" Maris nodded, "His is still in a cathartic state, removing him from Bacta would kill him... Or what's left of him..." Vexis shuddered, "Hmmph, there's another lesson not to follow the masters instructions if there was one..."

Endorenna

Post by Endorenna »

Terunna slipped into the Shadizar. Thank the Force. A place where that blasted “aide” couldn’t come.

While she was still paralyzed, Feyron had come to her quarters to inform her of something—which he’d never gotten around to telling her, she added to herself—and sensed something was wrong. He’d entered her quarters without her permission and found her in her…weakened state. The man had proceeded to clean her wound, dress it, and tried to keep her company until she could move again, at which point she had ordered him out and changed into another uniform, one of several she found her dresser now stocked with. She had tried to meditate and regain her strength, but found herself unable to focus enough—she was still too weak. For lack of anything else to do, she’d decided to explore the ship a bit and familiarize herself with the layout. Unfortunately, Feyron had been waiting for her outside and had offered to escort her. She’d ordered him away, but he had insisted in coming with her because “she was still weak”. Thanks to the aforementioned lack of focus, she’d been unable to simply swat him away. So, he’d come with her.

And now, finally, after an hour of enduring his company, she had found a place where he could not come, being the good soldier he was—the officer’s cantina. She had no intention of drinking, but she had every intention of staying here until she sensed Feyron going away or until she stopped feeling light-headed.

Terunna glanced around the room. Very few tables were occupied, as most of the officers were working, no doubt, so she would have privacy. She made her way over to a corner and sat down at an empty table. A light sigh escaped her. Finally, some peace. Light music was whispering gently from an unseen speaker in the room, with the faintest trace of quiet conversation behind it. A server walked up to her; she asked for some water, ignoring the strange look he gave her, and eased back in the chair, closing her eyes and letting herself sink into the peaceful atmosphere. She heard the faint clink of the server setting a glass of water in front of her and ignored it. Right now she just wanted to relax.

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Shadizar was quiet, it was quiet most of the time, clearly bult for an army which had grown to the levels theh SDN was already growing... Quite literally... But it was quieter than usual still.

Maris and Vexs noticed Terunna make her subtle entrance, with a raised eyebrow to each other. Maris sipped her drink and nodded towards the newcomer, "Hmmm, haven't seen her in here before."

Vexis nodded, "No, me neither... She's a bit of an engma that one... " Maris looked quizically at her, "How so?"

Vexis shrugged, "She seemed to simply appear in his quarters - I'd never seen or heard of her before... Then he sent her off on a mission to Naa Shadar.... He called her, his emissary."

Maris chuckled, "She is another of the Masters apprentices. Lord Malakai has told me that she has some unique abilities, and that I should befriend her at the earliest oppurtunity... She has also been offered 'the gift'."

Vexis pulled her face, "Hmmmph, perhaps I should take him up on his offer too? I don't want to grow old and die while my peers remain young." Maris leaned back in her chair, "If you desire power, limitless power - then accepting the gift , despite the sacrifice involved - is a good thing." Vexis chuckled, "Being allowed to run this ship is power..." Maris rolled her eyes, "Not limitless though - if you continue to refuse the gift, you will grow old and die... And the Master will search for a replacement."

Vexis scowled at her, "Hmmph, I don't want to talk about it right now - come on, we should go and introduce ourselves to the emissary."

With that they finished their drinks and headed over to Terunna's table, they sat opposite her in the booth, Vexis spoke first, "Emissary, I am Vexis, Captain of the Mirage Obsidious, I don't believe you've met Maris Eterna here..."

Maris smiled, "Please to meet you... How are you finding 'serving the master' thus far?"

Endorenna

Post by Endorenna »

Terunna frowned to herself when she sensed people approaching. She just wanted to be left alone right now--why was it that every time she felt that way, someone always wanted to talk to her? That was something she missed about Ambria--isolation. She opened her eyes and gripped her glass. Maybe this wouldn't take too long.

A woman--the one she had seen in Malakai's chambers, Terunna recalled--slid into the booth, followed by another woman who Terunna had never seen before. The first spoke. "Emissary, I am Vexis, captain of the Mirage Obsidious, I don't believe you've met Maris Eterna here..."

The other smiled, and action which really didn't make Terunna feel more at ease. "Pleased to meet you...how are you finding 'serving the master' thus far?"

Terunna glanced at both of them, her green eyes devoid of feeling. "Good parts. Bad parts," she replied brusquely. "Better than my last master." She sipped her water and waited for one of them to speak again.

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Maris raised an eyebrow, "I envy the person who can wander through life without experiencing good parts and bad parts... What exactly did your last master do that vexed you so?"

Vexis thought she saw something in Terunna's eye, and said with smug satisfaction, "You killed your last master?"

Endorenna

Post by Endorenna »

(OOC: This is a joint post between Smoke and me.)

A trace of a smile appeared on her face. "No, I didn't." Her eyes darted to Maris. "She had plans for me. I didn't like them.”

Maris smirked subtly, "I suspect the Master has plans for you too... I trust you know what they are and... Like them better shall we say?"

"Not by much. End result is better," Terunna replied flatly.

Maris raised her eyebrow at the tort reply. Vexis glanced sideways at Maris, then back to Terunna, "Don't let Maris wind you up... The fact is, from what Lord Malakai has told me you are part of the inner circle. So you are in the same boat as us... And...Ahem...Cair."

"Really." She paused for a moment. "How many times have you been bitten?"

Maris leaned forwards slightly, "I... Hmmph! A few times... Enough times to complete the turning."

Vexis looked uncomfortable but remained silent.

"I see," she replied. Terunna took another sip of her water and set it down, deciding to stop being half-polite and just ask. "Why did you decide to come speak to me?"

Maris laughed at this, "We were interested that's all - we can leave you your thoughts if that is what you desire. I know the strange visions and feelings after being given 'the gift' can be troubling."

Vexis sighed deeply, "Look, if you need anything - or you just want someone to talk to we're here. If you have any questions but don't want to ask the Master - then try us." She then nudged at Maris to let her out of the booth.

Terunna held up her hand, a thought striking her at Maris's words. "Wait--I, umm..." She paused and chose how to phrase her words. "What does the, umm...'the gift' do, exactly?"

Vexis settled back into her seat, genuinely interested - Maris smiled smugly, "So many, many things... There is a price and it's possibly high - but what it gives you is almost limitless. One example - look at me, how old would you guess I was? Don't be shy!"

The Hapan shrugged slightly. "Twenty-five. Twenty-six."

Maris chuckled at this, "I'm over sixty years old... I was skeptical as you are about how powerful the Vankyr gift is... I don't just look youner, I feel it, I can wield exponentially more force power than I ever could, I can move faster than the human eye can register - without even invoking the force... The Master says that this is just the tip of the iceberg, and that more powers and abilities will emerge over time. I was recently sliced in half... Rather embarressingly, only a few days ago - without the gift I would have died on the spot... And yet here I am unharmed."

One of Terunna's eyebrows rose. "Then it has regenerative side effects?"

Maris laughed, "It seems to make you heal faster than you would think it possible for a person to heal."

She shifted uncomfortably and leaned forward slightly. "Do you...feel anything inside you now? Growing?"

Maris pondered for a moment, "You can feel yourself changing still if that's what you mean. Malakai has explained in detail to me how it works. The Vankyr cells devour and copy your own cells, your immune system fights them, as time goes by, you recieve more of the gift, you get to a stage where rather than subsiding, the Vankyr cells turn the tide and grow in number. Eventually having consumed all of your living cells and replaced them with Vankyr cells. You don't notice the transition yourself... But of course - you have to feed."

"Yes, I know I 'have to feed'." Her eyes narrowed slightly. "You say you didn't notice the transformation?"

Maris looked blankly, "It's still happening... I'm guessng I still have some human cells left... But the Vankyr cells are winning the biological war... I am past the point of no return."

Terunna shook her head, feeling slightly frustrated. The woman didn't understand. "No, I mean--did you feel the infection?"

Maris looked quzically trying to understand, then leaned forwards, "If you mean feel the Vankyr cells, as a lving entity... I know what you mean, it feels that way at first - but the Vankyr cells mimic life, they are not living. That is how they can give such limitless power. A Vankyr is not living, it is animated, but the normal attributes of a living cell do not apply to the Vankyr infection, it is beyond living...."

"But the Force is channeled through life," Terunna returned. "How is death more powerful?"

Maris shrugged, "I do not know... i know Malakai is by far the most powerful forcer I have ever seen... And probably the most powerful Force User in the galaxy... But he is a hundred percent purestrain Vankyr and thusly not 'alive' in the normal sense."

"What is Malakai? Where did he come from?" she asked, finding questions coming to her more quickly now that she'd begun to ask a few."

Maris and Vexis looked at each other... Clearly a little uncomfortable... Vexis spoke, "Malakai is two things, his origins are not to be discussed outside of the inner circle though - Malakai, ourselves and Cair Alana... He is two things, firstly he is an ancient Sith Spirit, I believe around 30,000 years old... He has survived through the millenia by absorbing sprits, posessing hosts... He served Marka Ragnos, and has outlived the Republic and participated in the great hyperspace war... But his bodies - couldn't contain his formiddable spirit.”

Maris piped in, "According to Cair it got to the stage where upon posessing a body - the former owner was driven mad and the body corrupted almost instantly. Cair... At Lord Malakai and Lord Thoje, Perem Thoje's request - created the first Vankyr form to breath, for millenia. Malakai posessed that body and bound himself tightly to it, because the phyiscal form of the Vankyr is not limited to how much darkside energy it can contain... I guess because of the not-living, but mimic's lfe property..."

"There is no limit?" Terunna asked carefully.

Maris leaned back, "So Malakai says.... He claims to be able to perform techniques which would have taken a coven of thirty to perform - simply channelling the energy through one form. I have no reason to believe there is a limit to Malakai's powers - he's been known to have killed powerful force-users from the far side of the galaxy with a mere thought and know's what is going to happen before it does..."

Vexis cut in, "And he knows what you are even going to say sometimes, it can get quite annoying...."

"I've noticed," the Hapan replied dryly. "There's a difference between him and you, then?"

Maris shrugged, "I imagine so... I am still and always will be partly human... and I don't have thirty millenia of experience and knowledge, and absorbing darkside spirits... There must be some difference... Whether I can ever become as powerful? At least with the 'gift' I have time to explore the possiblity..."

"I see." Terunna picked up her glass and drank a little more of her water. There was another question she wanted to ask; she was uncertain whether they'd be willing to answer her or not. Either way, she would learn something about Malakai. "What brought you to 'the master'? Both of you?"

Vexis and Maris laughed together, Maris spoke, "It's quite a strange answer, when we were recruited to the SDN the Master didn't exist. It was a near hundred year old Dark Jedi Cyborg, called Perem Thoje who hired us... It turns out Lord Malakai started Whispering to Thoje before the fall of the republic, long before - twisting him to the darkside.... So I suppose you could say it was through Perem Thoje... Perem spent decades scouring the galaxy for powerful darksiders and other individuals - all at the bequest of his mysterious master... Who very few knew anything about. For years the only way to speak to Perem's master was in a special chamber, with Malakai's tomb in it.”

Maris cut back in, "Malakai had Perem excavate his tomb before the destruction of Korriban... That's how powerful a seer he is - he knew about the destruction decades before, and had his omb excavated to protect his spirit.”

"Then this...Perem Thoje is also part of the inner circle, or is he higher than that?"

Maris looked at Vexis uncomfortable, Vexis sighed, "Perem is officially part of the inner circle... He would be higher, he was officially the Masters apprentice. However he failed to follow Malakai's instructions and exectute a Jedi named Arice Quinn, who later duelled and defeated Perem Thoje - Perem is now basically a cybernetic head, with a lump of skull and brain tissue attached, floating in jar of Bacta... In a coma... Can arrange for you to see if you like... Though I don't reccomend it..."

Terunna frowned. "Why bother to keep him alive?"

Vexis answered this time, "It's difficult to say, maybe the Master feels he owes it to Perem for the decades of service he gave the Master? Maybe Malakai has some future plans for him? Anything is possible, Malakai has a tendency of revealing what he thinks you need to know to you. "

Terunna leaned back. So, Perem Thoje was of no concern to her right now. "Has he told either of you why he calls me his 'emissary'?"

Vexis shrugged, "Hmmm, well he hasn't told me your name, so I doubt he's told Maris... I can only think it's because of the apprentices he has - he intends to send you to speak to people on his behalf more often... Or kill them... I am the Captain of the Ship, Maris tends to be in charge of running the planet side operations, and 'ahem' Cair is his cloning expert... I suppose it seems he intends for you to fill Perem Thoje's shoes."

"Oh." Terunna pressed her lips together. Seemed that she would have to ask Malakai himself that. "Who is this Cair you keep mentioning?"

Maris shuddered, "She's... Ahem, the erm, fourth member of the inner circle - she's Malakai's Cloning expert - brilliant mind, absolute genius..."

Vexis rolled her eyes, "But there's a fine line between genius and madness... Don't tell her I said so - but I think she's crossed it... She eats peoples eyes...."

Maris piped up, "And seems to like torturing and experimenting on people more or less for fun..."

Terunna scowled. She despised people like the one they were describing. "And Malakai has seen fit to give someone like that immortality?" her voice containing a hint of the disgust she felt.

Maris shrugged, "Again, I guess he owes it to her, or feels he does as it was her hard work that made the Vankyr possible... "

Vexis leaned in, "Between you and me, I think Malakai's patience with Cair is growing thin... He's allowed her to get killed twice recently... For her foolishness. The Cair you meet, when you meet her is a clone of a clone."

"He clones his servants?"

Maris nodded, "Oh yes, normally everyone is asked to provide a sample for cloning. I'm surprised you haven't been sent to Cair for sampling. Most of the people in the organisation are stored and ready to be re-grown as soon as they are killed."

"Is it possible to clone someone who's been turned, or is the clone forced to go through the process again?”

Maris shrugged, "You'd have to ask Cair... I guess it depends on how far turned the person was when the sample was taken - but I'm no expert on cloning... I understand a little - it's hard to be high up in the SDN and not have a rough idea of how it works."

Vexis leaned a little closer, "Where exactly has Malakai been sending you? What tasks has he set you so far?"

Terunna frowned, unsure whether to discuss this with her or not. After several moments, she decided it would be okay--she wasn't drunk, and Vexis was close to Malakai, it seemed. "Just to Nar Shaddaa. I was to punish a Hutt for disrupting something Malakai was doing there. After that, he had me travel with someone for a short time."

Maris raised an eyebrow, "Who?"

"A Sith Lord," Terunna replied cryptically. "An ally of Malakai's, I suppose."

Maris rubbed her chin thoughtfully for a moment, "Well the only possible candidate I imagine you referring to is a seven foot tall alien by the name of Velok... Where did you go?"

After another moment to consider, the Hapan said, "I don't think he would want me to discuss his affairs with anyone."

Maris shrugged again, "If that is your wish... One thing... How exactly did you get here? How did Malakai find you?"

Terunna took another sip of her water. "I was alone. My master had left me. Malakai appeared near me, and I went to see what was disturbing the Force. He sensed my potential and offered to teach me." She brushed her hair back off her shoulder. "He used some sort of portal to get me here. That's all."

Vexis looked puzzled for a moment, "Portal? I've not seen him do this... I wouldn't put it past him - it would explain how one minute you appear out of nowhere, with no ship docking... Then a short while later Velok pulls off exactly the same trick!”

Maris stood up, "It's been good to meet you... Sorry, you still didn't give us your name?"

"Terunna," she replied quickly. "Terunna Shalyan."

Vexis slid out after, "If you need anything - you can usually find me on the bridge - well met Terunna."

And with that Vexis and Maris left the club, leaving Terunna alone at her booth...

xfiend1013
Gonzo Bodhisattva

Post by xfiend1013 »

Reynald was in one of the cantinas onboard - not Shadizar, as a contractor he wasn't, technically, an officer.

The enlisted men also drank beer, which suited him fine. He wiped his lips with his sleeve and finished packing his pipe full of a sharp-flavored pipeweed and tobacc-mixture.

The Obsidious went through a LOT of bacta, enough that it was beginning to become an "issue," and when it became an "issue," Reynald had found himself talking to the clone of the clone of Cair, who'd spent most of the discussion chuckling to herself about his eyepatch and demanding expensive new biomedical equipment.

Reynald lit his pipe, puffed away for a moment, relaxed a bit.

Bacta was hard to come by, if you were trying to keep it secret and cheap it was impossible, so Reynald ditched the "cheap" and went to the black market, dredged through old contacts he'd left behind with the Hutts.

The budget would hardly support it, so Reynald checked the finances.

What in the frell were they doing down in that bio-lab? He knew that they were cloning people, but on what scale?

He sighed, shook his head, ordered as much bacta as he could manage. The troops would just have to do without in some cases, he imagined.

He left, walking slowly through the cooridors until he came to a lift that whisked him to the hangar where the teams were disassembling the mining equipment in zero-G. His datapad updated with a damage report - the ship and lots of the transport equipment had taken a beating. He commissioned a few replacements from the foundry and set a team to work smelting down some of the mining equipment into something that could be used to create a few ships and parts.

He had a brief conversation with one of the chief engineers regarding the energy savings of zero-G manufacturing and investigated the cost of zero-G training for the work crews and reprogramming for the construction droids.

Not worth it. New hires would have to have Zero-G training. Attrition would do the rest.

He sat there, pipe in his mouth absentmindedly, not smoking, pondering the nature of the cloning facility. Pondering the unnatural feeling he got around Malakai and his inner circle. It was as if the spirits of the dead would not near them, the dark side auras he sensed were somehow wrong, and he did not know why or how.

Reynald lit the pipe, stalked off to his quarters, where he retrieved a box made of a black and polished wood. Ornate arcane symbols were in the wood, raised from scars made when the wood had lived as a tree, now polished and painted with a thin layer of silver, which had tarnished to match the box.

He opened the box. Doing so would have instantly slain anyone else, drawn their soul into the diabolical crystal inside.

It was a large crystal, held in the mouth of a burned and blackened skull, polished and burnished to an ebon hue. The crystal itself was a deep red, and had an unmistakable glow.

Reynalds' soul. Part of the deal he'd made with sith spirits for the powers that he now had.

Malakai and the others were up to something similar, he knew it. He took a modicum of pleasure in knowing that, were he to die, his clones would be soulless husks, unable to reach the dark side as he did, unable to absorb his mind from the tendrils linking him to the force - that part of him was locked away here.

All things must die. That had been his first lesson, a lesson he'd taught the sith spirits who he'd bargained with. Their souls were locked in gemstones as well, and Reynald was able to draw on their fading powers. Eventually they too would go the way of all things, and embrace nothingness.

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Vexis and Maris parted ways as they left Shadizar. Vexis, going over the conversation in her head, trying to fathom the Vankyr infection, and whether it was something she wanted to succumb to... It was all so confusing... Things had been simple serving in the Empire, she'd even made some friends, had some potential relationships ready to start...

Of course all that was ruined, Perem contacted her first, warning her that she was strong in the force and that the inquisitors would be paying her a visit. It had been hard to believe, but the inquisition craft docking with her frieghter had confirmed it... She was better off now, more money, more power... Less time, and less friends, but Lord Malakai had started to teach her the ways of the force - and she had found herself to be a prolific organiser....

As she rode the turbo lift she mused that maybe friends were something you left behind when you started down the path of the dark side... Would the same be true for lovers? They all seemed to have servants, masters and associates - but never friends... Maris was okay, Terunna seemed nice enough - but that tension, that feeling of always being something akin to rivals... Was always there. Of course Cair was a complete nut-job, and she found her disturbingly creepy to be around. Maris didn't seem as put off by her bizarre and slightly disgusting ways. She mused whether it was too long spent locked away in labs, experimenting with spaarti cylinders that did it - or the very act of engineering life itself that had unhinged her?

Before she could come to a conclusion she was back in her room, taking a long overdue shower and wrapping herself up in her blanket before going to sleep.

Maris had other plans. As she left Shadizar she could feel the thirst growing, she felt an urge to sieze crew members passing her by and drain them on the spot - it was almost impossible to resist. Could it be her mind? Or the talk with Terunna sparking her thirst? It mattered not, it was a craving that had to be fulfilled. She diverted to the holding cells. After a short journey through the turbo lifts she was in the lower aft, walking into the containment area. They were running a night-time cycle, with dimmed lights. She told the guards to leave her, and she studied the prisoners, a variety of people were kept there - travellers who had strayed too close to the Obsidious, and been tractored in, witches... She looked from cell to cell, and found a sparsely occupied cell, with each prisoner snoring loudly on their sleep mats.

She entered, knelt and sank her teeth in the first jugular she could access. There should have been screams, but her victim was paralysed and looked as peaceful as she was sleeping. In her mind she was screaming for mercy, paralysed, and feeling her life-blood being drained away. Eventually Maris rose, and left - her victim pale and dead on the floor of the cell, two neat puncture wounds indicating the cause.

The feed made her feel rejuvenated, and alive - instead of going to her quarters to sleep she headed to the training area to practice with some remotes and training droids.

Malakai at this point was preparing various lengthy holonet messages with the outcomes for all of his various cells of operatives to bet on across the galaxy. The coffers had run lower than should be allowed, and the events on Dathomir had forced him to neglect his duty of supplying information on what bets to make to the cells. Soon another Hutt, or other crime-lord who realised one person was winning such ridiculous figures - would come calling. He would handle it when he needed to.

His thoughts turned to Rissk as he finished his last message. She was sleeping, but having dark dreams... Troubling dreams, the dark side burned like a black sun inside her - how she'd foregone it so long he wasn't sure... Soon, soon he would begin her training - by the time she met Srissk, she would be a formidable Sith Witch and a deadly force-user.

The bed in his quarters gave a false impression, for in fact he did not sleep. He sat cross-legged in the centre meditating on the events on Sadar and Quixis, time would be of the essence, as they arrive they had to be striking and starting to setup base at the same time. He'd have to mention it to Woodford, possibly telepathically... And Terunna, she would confront the Eyalin... He could see exactly how the events were going to unfold...

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Rissk had been recovering from her ordeal in quarters much like Terunna's. None of the living quarters aboard the Mirage had windows - it was a more of a battle ship than a pleasure cruiser and only certain recreation area's had the luxury of a view when the dura-steel shutters were open.

Of course none of this mattered to Rissk at this present time, she could feel her eyes regenerating at an exponential rate - a side-effect of the time-hole incident?

She was beginning to sense light and dark, and managed to fumble her way around the room to the holonet terminal and activate it. It was tuned in the ship-wide information service... She lay back on her bunk and sighed deeply... She could tell her eyes were regenerating, and fast... When they did - she would learn what Malakai had to teach - then she would be paying a visit to that witch that took Silone's and her eyes...

Mandalore_The_Uniter
DX Army Cadet

Post by Mandalore_The_Uniter »

Hood's Poison Arrow landed in the Spaceport, a large distance away from the Compound of his next target, anouther female, but his next Target was alliera, so he was destracted. Hood, disguised in a black robe, walked out of his ship and moved through the crowd of the exit of the Packed Spaceport. Unknown to Hood, his arrival had been expected, and he was walking into a trap. As Hood walked through the streets, mercinaries disguised in plainclothes shadowed Hood's movement, thier movements and presence shielded from Hood's perception by someone. Hood approched the Dark Manor, it's ebony walls forboding, as if the Dark Side was trying to warn him that something was going to go wrong, but Hood Ignored it, his mind occupied. Sneaking around and entering through the Back felt too easy for Hood, so his attention was immediately drawn to his surroundings, at that moment the trap was sprung.

a Small number of Mercinaries, wielding a mix of blaster carbines and Vibro-weapons, flooded out of the Mansion Proper. His Target, an older woman, followed by a girl no older than Alliera, came out after the mercinaries had Hood Surrounded.

"Your arrival was predicted." The Woman said, smirking smugly as she patted the girl's back "By my good friend here, tell me, who do you work for?"

The Girl seemed to shudder under Hood's Gaze, "My Employer's name is irellevent, you've been a very bad girl." Hood said, Talking to the woman despite not taking his gaze of of the girl "and my employer wants your head..."

"Good Luck taking it..." The Woman said, pulling the girl back into the dark mansion.

The Mercinaries attacked, with Vibroblades first, hoping to take out the assassin before he picked up Steam.

Hood activvated his lightsaber and attacked the mercinaries.

Hood took out One Merc right away, decapitating the poor woman as she attempted a flourish that would have gotten her killed in a fight with any forcer anyway.

The Next one died when he was pushed into the nearby wall with the force, causing his skull to fracture and break. The Last mercinaries ran, the pay being deemed not enough to fight a Sith Assasin. Hood walked into the Mansion, and followed what the force told him. Hood walked up the Elegant staircase, a gaudy thing that hood was determined to destroy after he was done here, but he made sure to focus on his mission. Hood walked the final steps to the last room in the long hall, opening the door carefully, and with perpous. when hood opened the door, the Woman shot at him, hitting his right arm. upon seeing the, now useless, False limb spark and fall limp, the woman had a moment of relief before it was torn away at the sight of hood still advancing. Hood stopped the moment that the Woman grabbed the girl and used her as a human shield.

"I didn't know a Sith could feel anything other than anger and rage." The Woman said, pointing her blaster at hood "It seems i was wrong."

Before the woman could fire, hood through his lightsaber at the woman, but instead of twirling, hood followed Arice's method and it straight impaled the Woman, Missing the girl.

"I'm not a full Sith yet." Hood said, walking up to the girl, who was shivering in fear.

"d-don't hurt me, p-please!" She pleaded, looking at hood desperately "I'm not even a Jedi, Mom forced me to help her once she figured out i was Force Sensitive."

"can you pilot a Ship?" Hood asked, resting his working hand on the Girl's sholdier

"y-yes." The Girl said, frowning "Mom made me learn."

"Good, i'll teach you what i know of the force, and i'll protect you." Hood said, offering his hand for the girl to take

The Girl took it, and they began the long jeorney back to the Ship, and then to the next place Malakai's ship would stop.

xfiend1013
Gonzo Bodhisattva

Post by xfiend1013 »

Reynald puffed at his pipe. He'd added a mild stimulant to the mix. The Mirage was hurtling through hyperspace and the moment they came out the void all hands would be on deck. They'd be fighting a war and building a base simultaneously.

Woodford was checking out the capabilities of the onboard foundries. There wouldn't be enough ships coming off the Mirage Obsidious after the initial assault.

So they'd have to gain orbital superiority first. The mining equipment was being repurposed to build and launch new ships, and would be gravitationally assisted to follow the Obsidious in orbit - a risky move that could expose them to a concentrated orbital offensive, or surface-launched weapons.

Vexis had deemed it acceptable, and Woodford trusted her tactical judgement - and the seemingly hypercognitive abilities of their shadowy master.

So they were running simulations, getting the timing down. The deck was swarming with crewmembers, most of them dual-role soldiers who were equally at home working on the ship and as pilots.

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Rissk sensed a figure enter her room, the blurry but looming shadow could only be Malakai, she made no move to get up. As he approached he placed his cold, pale hands on Rissk's temples, "I'm sorry I have not the time to teach the ways of the darkside the traditional way - but until your eyesight has returned I can give you training at least so that your readiness to search for Srissk can be speeded up. I am going implant some teaching, try to relax, do not fight the sensations."

Rissk felt helpless before him anyway - but to ease the process she tried to 'invite' him into her head. Sure enough the crackling black mass of Malakai's formidable mind stormed into her head, tearing holes in her mind as it did. She could feel him feeding energy into her, memories, teaching... Conversations with... Marka Ragnos? Lightsabres with cords, duelling with Sith swords, performing dark majiks in large covens of Sith... Then Malakai was gone, her conscious mind screaming in agony at the violent intrusion it had been put through. She felt sick, dizzy, the room was spinning and she started frothing at the mouth...

But the memories had taken, she felt more powerful than she thought she could ever become. She tried to relax her mind, drift off to sleep, get through the discomfort.... When she did she dreamed of Korriban, and ancient rituals...

Malakai upon leaving Rissk's room stormed straight to the bridge.

Vexis rubbed her eyes, then de-activated the beeping alarm. She'd slept for a few hours and she felt better for it, she dressed, then headed to the bridge, they were due to drop out of hyperspace within the hour.

Malakai and Vexis entered the bridge from different doors at the same time, his look told her they needed to head to her office. Once inside he took his seat opposite her, and she sat at her seat behind the desk- he spoke first, "You've been thinking about my offer, your conversation with Terruna has sparked your interest. Your life it not in danger - there is no rush, we are going to be busy for the next few days establishing ourselves on Sadar and crushing the Eyalin Rebellion on Quixis."

Vexis first thought was hidden microphones in Shadizar - but in reality it was clear there was no need. It did strike her it would be very difficult for anyone to betray the Master, so sharp and impenetrable was his pre-cognition. "Yes, Lord Malakai - how is the attack to proceed?" Malakai fluttered his eyes for a moment, and an image formed in her head - a perfect image of the system with it's two planets Quixis and Sadar. "The Eyalin have destroyed their world, their plan had been to colonise Sadar, but the Stenax faction taking up residence has prevented that. As I speak the Eyalin are preparing a mass Assault on the ancient ruined capital of Sadar. Our first orbit will be Sadar, the Eyalin are throwing everything they have at this assault - intending it to be decisive, so they will put up significant resistance. We have to start establishing base while the battle is commencing, afterwards - I will personally secure the loyalty of the Stenax Faction and I will send Terruna at the same time to negotiate the surrender of the Eyalin, they will refuse, I will intervene and they shall be enslaved. Ensure everything is ready, I will be attending the surface in the Wraith. The main force will attack the rear of the Eyalin line, I will journey to the capital, speak to the Stenax and meet The Eyalin threat head on."

Vexis screwed her face up, "You're going into battle, unarmed alone against an army of hostile aliens?!" Malakai shrugged, "I will be armed, with the darkside - and I will not be alone, the force will be with me. I do not feel threatened by their weapons or warriors - and the display of power may help secure the loyalty of the Stenax, and avoid certain unpleasantries with them..."

Vexis raised an eyebrow, "As always - I trust your judgement Master." Malakai rose and sighed, "Yes, it's only a pity your siblings do not share your wisdom, Cair is going to make yet another mistake in not following my instructions carefully... Her number of chances to redeem herself will expire if she continues to ignore my advice. I think Maris has learned her lesson."

With that he rose and strode out purposefully, calling over his shoulder, "And have my ship prepared for flight, I want to break atmosphere before the main force."

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

As the Mirage Obsidious dropped out of hyperspace, klaxons were wailing and every inch of the ship was bustling with activity.

Vexis opened a communication to the cloning centre hq, Cair recieved the call. Vexis spoke first, "Cair, I should warn you - the Master has told me you are you going to ignore his instructions at some point soon - to your peril. His precognition is generally faultless so I would..." Cair cut her off, "Hah! Faultless? He didn't predict that Jedi destroying our base on Cyraan! Who does he think he is? I think he has forgotten who gave him life in the first place!" Vexis tried to restrain herself, "Look, I was just..." She cut her off again, "I do not choose to live without free-will and I will not be ordered around by my own creations! YOU should be getting ready for the attack - you mind your back, I'll mind mine."

Vexis sighed and shrugged, as the communication was closing she saw Cair plucking an eye from a dish and swallowing it whole.

At this time a shadowy ship dropped out of the Mirage and broke atmosphere ahead of the main force. Malakai's 'Wraith'...

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Quoth and Stryx were standing in the ruined tower at the heart of Arsha, the ancent runed capital on Sadar. The Stenax hadn't built it, they'd inhabited a ruin and made it home. Now most of it had been destroyed by the Eyaln raids.

Stryx glared at Quoth, "Hah! So much for your Dariun... The Eyalin are throwing everything they have at us! And where is he?"

A dark foreboding voice rang out behind them, "He is here..."

Quoth and Stryx span in amazement, the figure that greeted them was the tall, pale, shadowy figure of Darius Malakai, his hood pulled back to reveal his pitch black eyes and pointed ears. Quoth knelt immediately, "Master!" Stryx did not follow suit, he stood still and brandshed hs vibro-axe.

Malakai rested a hand on Quoths shoulder, "Rise Quoth, I am here to assist you." Stryx chuckled as Quoth climbed to his feet, "Assist us? You are one.." Malaka frowned at him, "Actually - I am not, I have a starship the size of a small battle-moon in orbit with hundreds of ships preparing to engage the Eyalin as I speak."

He walked closer, tilting his head slightly, "Not that I need these thngs to quash the Eyalin forces... I could destroy them with a mere thought."

Stryx stared in disbelief, Quoth looked uncertain, "You..." Malakai cut him off, "Quoth, you will soon learn that I rarely say anything other than what I mean, yes there is a price, but the price is not a bad one - I will save the Stenax of Sadar - in return your colony will accept me as leader, your lives will better, we will build a base here and you will assist, you will then join the SDN, and fight for me, you will be better equipped, accomodated and fed than you ever have been before. The spoils of war will be shared."

He turned to Stryx, "If you would rather I allowed the Eyalin to destroy you - and I enlist them into my services instead - then so be it. But decide quickly - the first wave of the Eyalin attack is now approaching."

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Stryx glared at the fiendish figure standing so non-chalantly before them, "We will not..." Quoth cut him off, "I will not argue with a being who claims to be able to destroy the Eyalin thread single handedly. If you can prove your power to me and destroy the Eyalin, you will have my loyalty." Malakai shrugged softly, "As I expected - the first Eyalin air-strike is about to occur. I will send a quick telepathic message, then I will head out and destroy them."

Stryx simply stared in disbelief as Malakai's brow furrowed for a second, "Terunna, take a ship - go alone except for Feyron, he will pilot the ship, fly to nearby Quixis and land at Alpha 98573 mark Delta 82771. You will meet no resistance until you disembark, head to the council chamber - it will be at the end of the grand corridor that leads from that loading bay. Stand before their council, demand their surrender, promise them that I will be merciful and will aide them to mend what damage they have done to Quixis - they will refuse, and try to kill you - kill the council, but leave the female until last - she is called Theron and will surrender to you once the others, the guards and the soldiers are dead - I have been invading her dreams, she knows what is to come. Once the conflict is over on Sadar I will travel to Quixis and mend some of their damage, the Eyalin will be enslaved to produce weapons and ships for us, Quixis will become our training ground once I begin recruiting Darksiders from across the galaxy."

The roar of atmospheric craft could be heard in the distance, Malakai looked out of the window at the approaching swarm, and looked unemotional - "Now out of my way, I have work to do."

Astonished, Stryx and Quoth watched Malakai walk straight out of the window, it was as if there was an invisible bridge beneath him, he looked like he was walking on a hard surface, yet was hundreds of feet above the city. As he walked he picked up pace and his entire form crackled with energy. Soon he was beyond the damaged city walls and he began forming balls of force-lightning in his hands and casting them into the sky, the balls of energy seemed to home in on the enemy craft - taking down three before they realised what was happening. As the remainder of the squadron realised they turned their fire on him, white hot plasma slammed into the ancient dark lord - who simply stood there looking uninterested, as if the energy was absorbed, then the craft that had fired them burst into flames, their weapons melted and the ships crashing to the earth.

At this the remaining craft appeared to turn - perhaps to re-group or form some sort of plan, but Malakai simply plucked them from the air two or more at a time, using the force, he would them smash them together to disable them, then cast them at the distant line of Eyalin Mechs and tanks, sending explosions and flames into the sky.

Quoth and Stryx were speechless, Stryx turned to Quoth as if he had seen a ghost, "Have you ever seen the like? By Vol... He is a god, he has to be!" Quoth shook his head, "He is the Dariun, the Ultimate Lord of Darkness, power incarnate... Vol save our souls for pledging our loyalty to him..." Stryx scoffed, "You would dare to try and defy him? He's just single handedly destroyed four squadrons of fighters without so much as a weapon!"

Quoth shook his head, "Not I... But I fear where this allegiance may take us."

As they spoke, another wave of fighters appeared, guns blazing at Malakai floating motionless in the sky, he simply held up one hand opened a hole into the in between, sucking the torpedos, missiles and laser shots into it - along with several Eyalin ships. As the void rolled shut he outstretched his fingers and lightning errupted from each finger, cascading into the sky and lighting the clouds up, the forks of his fingers turned the clouds into sheet lightning, and then more forks earthed themselves from the glowing clouds destroying Eyalin ships, walkers, tanks and mech infantry alike. As far as the eye could see lightning decimated the Eyalin forces and scorched the earth.

Quoth shuddered, and supported himself on the wall, "By Vol..." Stryx jaw dropped, a glazed look in his eyes, "Vol save us..."

Malakai now began drifting down towards the earth, slowly gently, having destroyed nearly a hundred fighter craft and countless ground-based war machines before they had even come into range.

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

The battle was short. The first waves of fighters destroyed by Malakai, those who saw the carnage and tried to turn around ran headlong into the first wave of Malakai's Poison Arrow's. The battle was brief, Malakai's forces were not without casualties, but the superior technology of Malakai's craft, and massive weight of numbers meant air superiority was won in seconds, the ground forces of mech's and tanks attempted to return fire as hot plasma rained down upon them.

The Stenax warriors soon emerged from ruined city and started rounding up the few Eyalin who had decided to surrender.

Soon the Commanders of the SDN strike force, Malakai and the leaders of the Stenax were meeting in the ruined city. The meeting was as brief as the battle. Maris was introduced to Quoth and Stryx via holonet transmission. Maris would be the point of contact between the Stenax and the SDN, base building was to begin immediately. Mining was to follow. Malakai's plan was for the base to span Quixis and Sadar. The Eyalin would be subdued, then set to work on Sadar producing space craft and modular buildings, the Stenax would train and spar with force clones, the force-negators and would be cloned to combine attributes of the existing SDN troops. Malakai would use the force to repair the siesmic problems on Quixis. The shattered atmosphere would remain as poisonous and inhospitable as ever, but the network of tunnels connecting the cities would be repaired and Quixis would become the prison and the training ground of future SDN recruits. Soon it would be time to begin seeking recruits...

Mandalore_The_Uniter
DX Army Cadet

Hood's Poison Arrow, piloted by the girl Hood 'saved', landed in the Mirage's Hangar. As the ramp of the Poison Arrwo came down, the ominous figure of Hood in his black robe, followed by a smaller hooded figure walked unto the Deck. "M-Master, will i be Ok?" The girl asked, looking up to Hood "i-i-i'm sca-scared." Hood put his working hand on the Girl's Sholder, "Fear is natural, do not let it control you." Hood said, in a neutral voice "I will protect you untill you are ready to be on your own." With Hood's presence, several technitians swarmed over the Poison Arrow and began to repair and refuel it. Hood and the girl walked out of the Hangar and into the main ship, looking for Darius Malakai. Hood stood in front of the girl Protectively every time a soldier or mechanic looked at her.

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

By this point Malakai had returned to the Obsidious and was sitting opposite Vexis in her ready room. He was holding a datapad, gazing non-chalantly at it, "Yes, yes... I'm sure the strike force performed excellently... Maris is waiting for Woodford to get out hardware down to the planet." Vexis was glancing from Malakai to to datapad, making notes, "And the Eyalin?" Malakai shrugged, "I have sent Terruna to demand their surrender - I have forseen all possible outcomes - Quixis will be ours soon enough - then I will visit Quixis and start to make the new plans for the Eyalin and the infrastructure there - Maris will be busy for the time being on Sadar."

Vexis nodded and tapped some more notes.

Mandalore_The_Uniter
DX Army Cadet

Hood had put his robe on the girl, to make her feel safer, he may be turning into a Sith, but he wasn't cruel enough to let the girl get taken by fear of this place. Hood walked through the ship, looking for Malakai still, and had turned his search towards the Direction of the bridge. The girl was wrapped tightly in Hood's Black Robe, scared out of her mind, but comforted by the small gesture of being given Hood's robe. "Once we begin training it will be hard, and your duties will be numerous." Hood said, grabbing the girl's attention with his sudden speech "But you will learn many things, and be a great deal stronger because of the trials you will face." "Yes m-master." the Girl said, oddly comforted by her words "when will we begin training?"
"When I say." Hood said, looking down at the girl "Be patient, and listen." the girl nodded, and looked forward again. When the Duo reached the Bridge, Hood tapped the Comm officer with his good arm, "Page the Captian, and tell them i'm looking for Malakai, i'm the newest Assassin." The Com officer did as asked, and paged the Captain's ready room, "Captain, the New Assassin wishes to speak to the Master."

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Malakai swept across the bridge, in a blur, leaving Vexis in her office. "Ah... A13, you're endeavors so far have been successful. I am pleased you have decided to embrace your new situation. I will even impart some forbidden knowledge to you as a reward."

Before Hood could move Malakai grabbed his temples in a blur...

First there was pain, then images, memories of ancient Korriban, duelling, learning, an ancient Sith Technique long forgotten by most of the galaxy... He knew Arachnopaad...

Hood staggered backwards, "Master! What ha..." Malakai cut him off, "I have given you knowledge and memories of training in 'Arachnopaad' the eight striking form, the spider form. To use it effectively you must practice it and use it. I have informed the laboratory of your required repairs - you are expected. Make you way there at once, unless there is anything 'hidden from me' that you wish to discuss?"

He raised an eyebrow and studied Hood, then glanced at Hoods apprentice, "I have no issues with you taking an apprentice, she may prove a useful ally - though her destiny is somewhat cloudy to me..."

Mandalore_The_Uniter
DX Army Cadet

"there is something else, the next target on my list...Alliera..." Hood said, tensing up a little "I sense she is too well protected right now to be taken out, but i do wish to go after her eventually, i require a new target list or obj-" Hood was interupted as a vision came to his senses:

Hood's form was on his knees, a Younger male with a yellow lightsaber standing over him, "Checkmate, Father". the Yellow lightsaber met Hood's own red one, but Hood's movement showed fatigue, and the parry was beated back, and Hood's head was lopped from his sholdiers

"that was...odd..." Hood said, after a few moments "Could one of you two do me a favor and remind me to never have children?" the question was directed at his Apprentice and Darth Malakai, the former of whom nodded obediently, offering a simpe 'Yes, Master.' "Let's just thank the force it wasn't an inapropriate vision." Hood said, humor lighting his voice "that would be aquard, especially in front of the boss..."

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Malakai raised an eyebrow, "Hmmm... Your loyalty to the Jedi has eroded I see, but not your loyalty to your former lover..."

Malakai then appeared to be deep in thought, as if studying some invisible phenomena in the air, eventually a wicked smile slowly crept onto his lips, "I have looked into the future, for an alternative set of events, and I have one. You will be given a new list of targets to eliminate, starting with the ex-Imperial Officer, Ryan Corno, currently residing in the upper levels of Coruscant, then the Trandoshan ex-Jedi Padawan , Crikka Vorsh - currently residing on Naa Shadar, Industrial district... But you will have a new primary objective. That is to recruit Alleria to our organisatio, and turn her to the darkside... Or die trying... "

Malakai looked Hood or A13 as he had begun to refer to him as up and down for a moment, then sighed, "I will have your new targets written to the a datapad, I will contact you telepathically when it is prepared. Is there anything else? I have a great deal of work to do..."

Mandalore_The_Uniter
DX Army Cadet

Hood shook his head, and made his way over to the Laboratory obiediently, leading his apprentice. "Master...?" the Girl asked, frowning "are you Ok?" Hood didn't reply, his mind was destracted by thinking of ways to capture and turn alliera, especially with that Jedi Master watching over her. "I was not lying when i said Alliera was to well protected to take now, but i will accomplish my objective eventually." Hood said, resting his good hand on his apprentice's sholdier "with your help, i'll break her, and we'll have one more person in our little group." When Hood and the Apprentice got to the lab, they both sat in chairs, "I hate hospitals..." the Apprentice remarked randomly, "they always feel so sterile, so...wrong..."
"I know what you mean." Hood remarked.

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Cair emerged from a white door, with her crisp white lab coat on, and surgical gloves. She smiled warmly at Hood, "Ahh........ A13, I've been expecting you - I've been looking forward to working on you again. The Master said I should leave you to the one of the staff - I enjoyed working on you so much last time - I just couldn't possibly allow someone else the pleasure."

She pushed the door further open, and gestured through it, "Please, come in - your 'friend' can stay here... If she's not squeamish - there might be some screaming..." There was an evil glint in her eye as she spoke, clearly she was intending to forego any anaesthesia and probably to enjoy herself torturing him again as well as repairing his damaged cybernetics.
Last edited by SmokeMare on Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.