Sage's Destiny III: Family Matters

18 years after the Battle of Yavin...
A divergent, persistent and interactive Star Wars timeline with a rich history and established characters.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

kashus_Draith
I beat up Batman

Sage's Destiny III: Family Matters

Post by kashus_Draith »

(OCC: The last thread was here, Sage's Destiny: Family Means Liability. I will edit the title if you like, I couldn't think of one that would go along with the previous.)

The fight to the control tower was relatively easy as the enemy kept a constant retreat. Amuro thought it was odd; it almost seemed as if the enemy wanted them to take the airfield.

As Amuro sliced through two droids in the stairwell that led to the top of the tower; after cutting through little resistance, Amuro found himself peering out of the duraglass windows’ of the control tower, watching the fight erupt on the tarmac between Sage’s forces and the enemy droids.

“Strider, get a hold of fleet command and report that we have the airfield and that the enemy is retreating into the city and the surrounding country side.”

“Yes Commander Graywater.”

As Amuro walked toward one of the control panels a comlink message erupted from the comm.-system. The message was staticy as the battle ranging on in orbit ran interference with the signal.

"This is …icity …age on board the Sh..… Hunter, do not…. fire o…. us ……y! I re…t friend….”

Amuro grabbed the comlink and started punching buttons to secure a frequency with the fleet.

“This is Commander Amuro Graywater of the Sage’s coalition forces, do not fire on that vessel that just entered the system, I repeat again, DO NOT FIRE ON THAT VESSEL!”

I can’t believe it, how did Falicity escape?

Pryde
Pryngles

Re: Sage's Destiny III: Family Matters

Post by Pryde »

Shortly after the word had gone out more shuttle craft dispatched from Sage's Destiny landed at the air field. As the boarding ramp of one of the craft slowly opened Keiko poked her head out to have a look. There was death and carnage everywhere. Fallen droids littered the airfield along with bodies of Sirena's Sith warriors. One twisted corpse caught her eye and she involuntarily shrank back from it. Dax caught her shoulder then and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

"It's alright," he assured her, "I'll be here with you every step of the way."

Keiko glanced up at him then reluctantly nodded. This would be her first time on an actual battlefield. She only hoped the fear would not leave her paralyzed. "In that case you better go first," she said trying her luck at a laugh but she was so nervous it came out as a croak.

Meanwhile another craft was setting down on the airfield and Felicity didn't bother to wait until the cockpit was drawn fully back or the craft had come to a complete stop before jumping out and landing feet first on the ground. She grabbed the arm of the nearest soldier and pulled him down a bit so he could hear her over the engines of the surrounding shuttle craft.

"Max Sage," she shouted at him, "Where is Max Sage?"

kashus_Draith
I beat up Batman

Post by kashus_Draith »

"Uh-uh, um?" The soldier fumbled over his thoughts as he couldn't find the right words to tell the girl he had no clue, he was just a foot soldier after all, no one tells him anything. The soldier answered with a shrug of his shoulders. Falicity rolled her eyes at the soldier and started to look for another soldier to ask, but when she had an officer in sight, she felt a familiar presence.

She turned and saw Jedi Knight Graywater sprint over towards her. "Amuro Grayater?"

"Yeah." Amuro replied as he stopped in front of her. The roar of the engines dulled out the sound of fighting happening in the background. "Your alright!"

“Never mind me, where is Max Sage?” Falicity repeated the question.

When Falicity asked the question a grave look washed over Amuro’s face. Amuro looked and saw that they weren’t in the best place to hold a conversation. The tarmac wasn’t completely safe. “Come on. Follow me, I’ll explain on the way. We’re not safe here.” Amuro grabbed Falicity’s arm and led her toward the control tower.

“Is Max hurt?” Falicity look concerned.

“He was shot down in the assault on the airfield; I’ve sent a group to retrieve him.” Falicity could sense from Amuro that he was optimistic about Max’s situation.

As they approach the door to the control tower Amuro stopped short of the door and turned to Falicity. “We should be okay here.” The question regarding Falicities sudden reappearance edged itself into Amuro’s mouth and finally made its way to the tip of his tongue. “Falicity, how did you escape?” Amuro finally asked.

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

Jace roamed off the ship looking every which way while receiving suspicious glances from the veteran troopers who had fought at Elysium. "Hey..." he said waving meekly. "How are you?" he replied as they began to close in around him. "Felicity..." He started to stare around as the troopers finished encircling him. "Felicity if you would please help me here..." The boy continued as they closed in around him, "I wouldn't mind some help." Sheepishly he tried to back up only to find troopers creeping up behind him.

The Destiny took another salvo from a nearby cruiser before firing itself and sending the fiery wreck spiraling into the void. "The airfield has been secured." Commander Kiph stated. "We're prepared for landing, on your order sir."

Adam Sage nodded, "Go ahead Commander." he said as Wosino looked irate at not being the one to give the command. To placate the small Dug Adam turned and began walking off the command deck. "I'll join the troopers on the ground as soon as we arrive." Turning he looked at the small alien and then said, "Captain Wosino, you're in command here."

"You hear Jedi!" Wosino called. "Prepare all guns for support of troops!"

The Jedi Master smiled as the doors closed. The ship was in good hands. The lift send him down into the large bay, when the ship landed on the field the doors would open and a score of troopers, and Adam himself would swarm out of the ship and dig in around the airfield.

Venator-class ships were designed to land on planets however the Destiny's pilot was masterful. The ship landed with a light jolt, nearly unnoticeable, to those standing in ready. The bay doors open and the Jedi Master and retinue poured out onto the field. Sage pointed in different directions ordering the units about. As he approached a hanger bay he pointed and watched a unit go in and begin attaching explosives to the deactivated droid fighters. Closing his eyes he felt something off stirring. "Lancers!" he called and pointed to a side ordering them into motion...

Max and Iara continued their walk with the rest of the troopers when suddenly his ears perked up with noise from around them. They watched as the large venator landed on the pad. They weren't far now. "Jedi." Mkoll called. "Commander." Turning Max saw the man in front of him. "We have a problem sir." The Scout Sergeant tossed a small scanner at the Jedi who caught it.

"What is it?" Max said staring at the device. "I don't see anything."

"Exactly sir." Mkoll nodded. "We're close enough to the airfield that we should be picking up readings from there."

"We're being jammed." Turning Max looked behind them. "And there is a dust cloud, moving fast."

"Yes sir." Mkoll said. "They will overrun us before we can reach the field."

"Have a squad take the Chiss pilot to the airfield." Max said. "We'll hold them back."

"Sir." Mkoll nodded waving his fingers and ordering a squad into position. "May I suggest we take up position in that craggy knoll?"

Max looked over and saw the hill with a wall of sharp rocks. "Yes lets." he said with a bit of a smirk. The party ventured to the knoll and began to set up. Heavy weapons were placed covering the dust cloud. The large cloud split into three as the formation divided in order to strike the airfield from three directions. The swirling dust got closer and the image of several Juggernaut assault craft dominated the landscape. The four large craft were undoubtedly filled with three hundred soldiers each. "I wasn't expecting that." Max said staring at them. Twelve hundred soldiers. "Disable the vehicles." Max said getting a nod from Mkoll. "We don't have the firepower to destroy them, so aim for the wheels."

Missiles launched from tubed around him firing at the wheels of the large hulks. Two immediately took multiple impacts and fell upon their own wheels slamming to the ground. The third and fourth skid to a stop. All four began to disgorge troops. The scout company hidden in the rocks fired rapidly on the black clad Sith troopers. "Get a message through. Make sure the landing field is aware of this attack!" One of the troopers began to frantically work a large planetary communications unit. "We're in alot of trouble."
Domani, forget domani
Let's live for now and anyhow who needs domani?
~ Frank Sinatra, Forget Domani

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

"I had help from," she looked around trying to find Jace and spotted him some distance away being surrounded by soldiers. "One second," she told Amuro then she hurried back over to Jace and forced her way into the middle of the circle of soldiers. "Jace what are you waiting for, come on," she said grabbing his wrist and pulling him along behind her.

"Ma'am, with all do respect, can I ask you what you're doing? That boy is a Sith," one of the soldiers said, he had his hand on his side arm and his eyes on Jace.

"That boy also saved my life and rescued me from Sirena. You want to shoot him you'll have to shoot through me, you got it? Now make a hole," she ordered them and the soldiers hesitantly stepped aside. Felicity pulled Jace along behind her and hurried over to Amuro.

"Anyway, forget about how I escaped. Just tell me where Max is," she told him as if their conversation hadn't ever been interrupted.

kashus_Draith
I beat up Batman

Post by kashus_Draith »

Amuro made a side glance at the young man standing next to Felicity but he made no effort to ask who he was and while some of the men looked at him with disgust. Amuro hadn't been with the group for no more then a few weeks, so if the young man had some kind of bad blood with the others, he wasn't going to bring up bad memories that could essentially effect the mission he was trying to run.

"The ship he was in crashed a few clicks west of here." Amuro gestured by furrowed his brow and squinted his eyes at Felicity as he suspected she was up to something. "Why do you need his exact location, I've already sent men to retrieve him and the other survivors?"

Amuro's comlink buzzed to life as an incoming transmission from the control tower. Amuro looked at his comlink and saw it was from Strider.

Amuro grabs the comlink. "Strider, what is it?" Amuro asks.

"Commander, we are getting reports of enemy forces converging on Max and Iara's location, the enemy has cut them off."

Felicity could see by Amuro's expression that something was the matter. "Amuro, what is it?" Felicity said with concern in here voice.

"Max and the others have been engaged with enemy units outside the spaceport, they're cut off from the main force." Amuro pursed his limps together as he thought the odds of them making it out alive without reinforcements was slim.

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

"Let's go, Jace," Felicity ordered him and she spun around and ran before Amuro could even stop her.

"Wait, Felicity," he tried to say but the girl was already halfway back to Jace's ship. She climbed up after the boy then sat in his lap.

"Come on, hurry up," she encouraged Jace as he warmed up the ship and lowered the canopy. "Amuro said they were west of here. If Sirena's droids are converging on them then they'll need our help!"

kashus_Draith
I beat up Batman

Post by kashus_Draith »

Amuro pulled his arm over his face as the shuttle kicked up dust and debris into the air. Amuro's Jedi robe kicked violently as he watched the shuttle that brought Felicity back to them was now taking her away, he watched anxiously as the shuttle banked toward the west and quickly rocketed off.

"Adam isn't going to like this." Amuro muttered to himself, he hurried back to the control tower.

As he approach the main door to the tower Lucius was standing there with a smirk on his face leaning up against the wall near the door.

"Why are you so cherry?" Amuro asked.

"You." Lucius twirled his blaster around his index finger as he lifted himself off the wall and began to walk with Amuro into the tower.

"What does that mean?" Amuro asked, he made a face at Lucius, which Lucius knew all to well as his serious look, and that he wasn't in the mood for games or his childish antics.

"You're a leader now and you have become just like me."

"I doubt that. You're hardly a leader." Amuro and Lucius walked through a blaster ridden hallway that they were using as a medical base for the time being until they can get proper evac. They entered into a lift at the other end of the hall where they made their way to the top of the traffic control tower of the airbase.

"No, no. I meant, you're a soldier. Damn good one too."

"I hardly think of myself as a soldier, I am trying to preserve what is good in this world, nothing more and nothing less."

"Call it what you want but that doesn't change the fact that you’re good at what you do, and that is killing to be frank. I have to applaud you Jedi; you kill pretty well for people that want nothing but peace. I can see why Palpy wanted you guys gone the first time around."

"SHUT YOUR MOUTH!" Amuro lashed out at Lucius by penning him against the lifts wall. "You know nothing what you say." Amuro backed off; he straightened his Jedi robe and turned to face the lift's doors. He let out a deep sigh and allowed the anger to dissipate from him. "People died under my command today and men trapped behind enemy lines, so excuse me if I don't celebrate my leadership prowess you think I have." Amuro clenched his jaw as he thought what could happen to Max and Felicity under his watch or the men and women that he sent to retrieve them. Amuro felt un-easy and a little nauseated with the thought. All this happen under his command, his watch; What would Adam think about what has happened?. Amuro closed his eyes as he fought back the thought.

"I'm sorry buddy; I forget that you’re not a cold blooded killa like I am…what the Empire turned me into. If it is any comfort to you, I used to feel that way when I started out, but," Lucius paused for a few seconds as he looked back at his career of a profession soldier for the Empire. "After killing for the Empire for so long, you become numb after awhile. I don't wish that on you, friend."

"Is that why you get drunk at night?"

"Partially, some are other past sins."

The lift opened up and Amuro and Lucius stepped into the control tower. Strider approached the two men and said.

"Commanders, Adam Sage has disembarked from the fleet and is on his way here with more reinforcements.

"Thank you Strider, now have our forces fortify the western wall of the airbase and have Adam notified about our command center here, I'm sure he is going to want a status report when he lands."

"Yes Commander."

Beorht
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht »

Iara stood silhouetted against the sky, arms folded, on the tall rocks. She only came down and got behind cover when the blasterfire started getting close.

There were options, but realistically they couldn't expect to win, not against that many soldiers. But if they could stall long enough for some kind of air support to get here, it could make a huge difference for the battle.

"I don't sense any Sith down there with the troops," Iara said to Max.

"You're not thinking of - Iara, you can't."

"I'm not going to do anything stupid, kid." She hefted her lightsabre, then switched it to her left hand and drew her pistol. The Force could help you aim; it could also help you see far, far more clearly, though that skill was rare. She had it, thanks to the Theran Listeners. She used both powers now, simultaneously, and propped her pistol butt on a rock for stability. Zzip. Zzip. Zzip.

The officers started to fall, beginning with the unit commander. The charge slowed noticeably, then sped up again as the Sith troops got desperate. "Well, that didn't do much," she said over the roar of blaster impacts. The stones were heating up, and spraying chips. One nicked her finger. Turning, she put her weapons away and gestured to a high rock - a big one, maybe fifteen metres across. Max perceived her intent and joined his power with hers; the rock started to bounce down the ragged face. It hopped the Elysian lines - went right over her head - and rolled awkwardly through the centre of the Sith troops.

That broke them. Their advance halted; they spread out, looking for cover, looking to flank, looking for anything - but they had no officers.

Then came the air support. Proton torpedoes turned Iara's vision to fire; when the light cleared, the field was even more of a mess.

"Grim work."

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

Max and Iara and the troopers fought viciously but the tide seemed to shift against them. The roar of engines as more enemy armor and light vehicles teeming with soldiers. Outnumbered, outgunned and still holding their ground the soldiers of the Elysian first and only sent torrents of deadly blaster bolts Smiling a bit to himself Max then put a hand on Iara's shoulders. "Duck love." he said as he pushed her to the ground. As he did so other troopers looked at him and likewise ducked. A low rumbling could be heard in the distance as several other tanks rolled up to assualt the group. "Wait for it." Max said softly as the fire on them increased and enemy troopers began to get brazen charging up the hill. With a sudden gust of wind a large number of swoop bikes darted overhead engaging the Sith Forces. "Anari Lancers."

Adam Sage had foreseen the events on the flank and sent the Lancers to sweep along the pockets on the outer perimeter. Max smiled having only just sensed their approach from behind and worked out what their purpose was. The melee was continuing and one of the Lancers with a large Mohawk drove by offering him a salute. The Lancers were originally a swoop gang on the planet Anari. During the rebellion and liberation of the sector they took up arms and afterward offered to join the Antarian Rangers forming their own unit. Max nodded back and turned back just in time to see a familiar face...

Jace and Felicity ran with all the power of the force in the direction of the skirmish that was ensuing. Charging into an unknown mass of enemy soldiers to save a single person, a person Jace didn't even know, was a very poor decision. Jace didn't know what exactly her connection to the man was but was determined to protect Felicity regardless of her poor decision making process. The young boy didn't often think of himself but at this moment risked a stray thought as to his predicament. As he passed soldiers he heard names and saw insignia's he realized that someone might recognize him and took special care in erecting an aura around him and avoid eye contact. If anyone recognized him, there was no telling what the reaction could be; fear, awe, or even an assault on his own person. With Sudden veracity a large groups of swoops flew by the two. They continued their run. As they approached the embattled hill Felicity caught a look at her master, her cousin, her friend. "Max!" She yelled as he noticed her. Jace ran up beside her blocking stray blaster bolts as she ignored the battle and threw herself into the older mans arms....

"Something is awry sir." Adam watched as the scene unfolded. The Lancers had done their job in stopping the assaults on the perimeter. The battle seemed all but won. Adam looked at the communications officer and waited for him to figure out what was wrong, "Sir we are being jammed."

"What range?" Adam asked the communications officer.

"System wide. We have short range and managed a direct line to ships still in orbit but all communications beyond that are completely cut off." Adam sat and contemplated what a move like this could mean. "Ask the fleet if..."

"Sir word is coming in from our space fleet, there is a huge enemy force jumping into system from all vectors." The Com officer replied. "Too many ships, our fleet can't hold."

"Call for a retreat. Rally the fleet and get all forces off the ground." Adam said.

"But sir we can't just give up." The Com officer replied.

"I don't intend to." Adam marched off issuing orders. Runners darted in multiple directions and soon commanders of the various regiments on the planet were surrounding him. "Our fleet is leaving and I'm ordering the evacuation." The Jedi stated. He waved his hand preemptively shutting down any discussion on the matter. "I am asking for Volunteers to stay behind while our fleet regroups and we gather more allies in order to come back. Volunteers to stay behind with me. Anyone who would like to volunteer step forward." All of the commanders stepped forward. A sense of Pride welled up in the aging Jedi. "I cannot accept all of you staying."

"Sir" the Colonel of the Lancers stepped forward. "My unit is fast and mobile it makes the most sense for me to remain."

"With respect sir." The Elysian commander stepped in line with the Lancer Colonel. "My and are experts of remaining hidden and our gunships allow for faster travel than any other regiment present." To drive his point home he added, "In addition they already hold the outer perimeter. It would be hardest for them to evacuate while the enemy persists."

"Then we will take Volunteers from the Elysians." He paused, "Any man who stays will do so of his own accord."

The fighting remained and after communicating the request to all the Elysian units on the perimeter Adam was pleasantly suprised to find that not a single man or woman had opted to leave with the rest. The others began to load onto the ship and soon they would depart. Depart and head back to Onderon where they could gather the rest of the Antarian Rangers and Jedi Allies and finish this battle...
Domani, forget domani

Beorht
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht »

The kids ran up - what were kids that age doing in a war like this - and someone hugged Max; Iara was busy clearing them some room to breathe. She acted with more initiative now, more energy.

Then the comms started crackling. She sensed a change, a shift in balance - though that might just be psychological, a reaction to the news that a monstrous fleet was incoming and volunteers were needed to stay behind.

She volunteered - and carefully, descended into a state of advanced calm.

She had pondered from time to time how she would like to die; especially after GAIT killed Lyn. In her imagination, she died a hero, but now that the opportunity came - was forced on her, really, by conscience - she found herself surprised. Not necessarily unwilling, but surprised.

But she would do her duty. Even though she'd sworn no oath, was no part of the Jedi Order, had no real personal stake in this whole campaign anymore. There was a duty to the weak, and this definitely qualified.

Iara prepared to die. But she also prepared for life.

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

"Oh, Max, I was so scared," Felicity spoke into his chest. When she looked up at him she was smiling even as tears were streaming down her cheeks. Max returned her smile, but when he glanced up and saw Jace that smile quickly turned to a snarl. He started to reach for his lightsaber but Felicity quickly disengaged from her hug and stood in front of Jace, protecting him.

"No, Max, you can't! Jace rescued me from Sirena, I wouldn't even be here if it weren't for him!"

"But--," Max started to say, but a swoop bike carrying two passengers came to a stop next to them and distracted him.

Keiko and Kyle both dismounted from the swoop, both of them turned to look at Jace but neither one of them seemed surprised by his being there. "Master Sage has called for a retreat," Keiko informed them, even though she was quite sure they already knew, "We're here to help in any way we can."

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

OOC: Beorht is moving and I don't know what is going on with his internet situation so I'm going to kind of move him along with us so we can get the thread moving again. Jon I promise I won't RP your characters except to move her.

The withdrawal of the outer perimeter went off nearly without a hitch. Jace and Felicity in the rear of the pack with Max noticed the enemy ships landing around them. Jace expected an attack at any moment. Adam Sage, and many others, knew of the young Sith's cloaked ship and wasn't worried that the young boy and Felicity wern't hurrying to escape and evacuate with the rest of the soldiers. It was only hours later, after the departure of the main force, when no attack came that the issuye was brought up. "When is it you intend to get Felicity out of here?" Max asked the boy with a tone of concern.

"Whenever she feels like leaving she is free to go." Replied the boy who had been hiding much of the day. "I don't think I could force her to leave though."

Max gave some thought to this statement and decided he was probably right. "And what of you?" Max asked suspiciously. "When will you be leaving us?"

Jace turned and gave Max his own dirty look in turn. "I'm staying. I have friends on the other side and I need to help them get out."

Despite surprising the young Jedi Knight the statement did nothing to extinguish his suspicions. "Then you should get Felicity and follow me." Max finally said before turning around and walking towards the hangar in the center of the airfield which was being used as the headquarters. Jace dutifully retrieved Felicity and the two youths followed.

Inside each company commander was present along with all the Jedi currently on the planet. Adam Sage was in the middle of a briefing pointing at holographic displays of a topographical survey of the region. "They seem content for now to gather forces and keep us penned in while they are free to search for the Valley. What I suggest now is a break out." The holograph shifted, "Sergeant Mkoll has scouted the mountains just east of here. I propose we head into these mountains and set up ambush's and choke points. The Mountain shall be the strong point and from there we can sally forth to search for the Valley and create pockets of resistance."

A trooper burst into the room. "Sirs." he said a bit of red in his face. "The enemy is forming up for an attack."

Adam sighed, "Everyone get to your defensive positions!" he called. "Dig in, wait for a lull in the fighting I'll get us out to the mountains. The first groups to leave will go on foot and in light vehicles. The last will leave on the gunships who will ferry the wounded to our new base as they come in."

And with that the officers were dismissed retreating to their own sectors of defense. Max ran towards the zone that the enemy seemed to be forming up on, prepared to defend until the break out was complete. He was surprised to find the former Sith Jace close behind him with a large unsettling grin on his face. They approached the perimeter and looked at the line of trenches and holes dog out for cover. It was dark and there was a strange mist coming in with the enemy troopers and droids. Scout Sergeant Mkoll and his team had followed filling in spots. Max watched as the Sergeant threw out a small sensor ball and stared at the readings on a display in front of him. "GAS!" he yelled. With precision timing the sergeant placed on a mask, along with the other troopers, re manned their positions on the line.

Sergeant Mkoll took out a secondary mask from his pack and handed it to Max. Max shook his head and took a deep breath handing the mask to Jace as several other troopers broke out spare masks and ran for their Jedi companions. As the mist of gas overcame the line several glowing red lines were seen in the distance approaching at a steady run. The Sith had come out to play. The snap hiss of lightsabers echoed down the Jedi's battle lines as they reacted to the Sith Forces, troopers fired wildly into the mist as they saw the approaching droids and soldiers of the enemy. Max connected his saber to a Sith Warriors and frowned to himself. He should have taken the mask, because this was going to take awhile...
Domani, forget domani

kashus_Draith
I beat up Batman

Post by kashus_Draith »

Amuro lost sight of Max and the other Jedi but through the Force, he had to assume he was between Adam's and Max's point of defense on the front line. As the mist engulfed them, Amuro ignited his lightsaber for what was soon to come.

The glimmer of the red lightsabers sliced through the thick mist as they approach with haste. Amuro looked around at his men and saw that they were all ready to do there part in the defense of the base. As Amuro looked down the line, all his men stood anxious as they waited for the enemy. The distant hum and occasional clank of the droid feet hitting the surface of the planet could be heard over the lull before the battle.

“Sir, shall we fire now?” One of the soldiers asked as he saw numerous red lightsabers appear within the mist.

“No, hold your fire until I give the command.”

“Aye, sir.”

The enemies grew ever closer and were now firing lasers into the line of defense. The men were getting agitated as they hadn’t been given the order to fire back.

“Commander Graywater, we must fire.” The soldier pleaded.

“Hold your fire!” The grinding of mechanical gears and the crack of lasers being fired was louder now as they watched their enemies appear through the mist like ghost in the night. “HOLD!” The enemy was now a matter of meters from their trench and yet still did not fire. The professionalism and loyalty Amuro’s men held was superb as they waited for the order. “PICK YOUR TARGETS!” Amuro yelled down the line.” Just as you thought the enemy was about to overrun their position, Amuro gave the order to fire.
“FI-RE!” The sound was unforgettable as if it was like a thousand lightning bolts went off at the same time as every soldier under Amuro’s command at once yelled as they fired off their first volley at the coming enemy. The first line of Sith fell immediately as the second wave was making its way up to the front.

Amuro steady himself for what was to come as he watched numerous enemy appear out of the misty clouds of gas.

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

Felicity was sitting on a crate in the briefing room yawning to herself as Adam was going over the battle plan. As soon as the trooper burst into the room she eagerly dropped down on her feet and grabbed her double bladed lightsaber. She was so relieved to have it back when Max had handed it to her. The Sith lightsaber she used until then was functional, but she didn't particularly like the color red. It just felt--evil somehow.

"Come on, Jace, we have to--," she stopped suddenly when she noticed a strange look on his face. "What's wrong?"

He didn't give her an answer but his gaze led her eyes up and to a passing soldier that was giving him a dirty look. There was another one and another, each of them scowling at Jace as they passed him by. When she saw this something inside of her snapped and she scrambled up on top of a crate.

"Hey," she shouted into the clamor of boots treading on steel but no one seemed to notice her. "Hey, listen up," she screamed again, raising her voice even higher.

Finally people stopped and turned to look at her. Satisfied Felicity told them what she wanted to say. "Jace Vintari is my friend," she said, her voice carrying all throughout the entire room, "and he risked his life to save mine. As far as I'm concerned he's a Sage now and don't any of you forget it!"

Then she hopped down off the crate and grabbed Jace by the hand, pulling him along behind her. "Come on, Jace, let's catch up with Max."

She knew that the soldiers behind her probably wouldn't be particularly moved by her speech, but she was sure it would give them something to consider. Everyone knew how important family was to the Sages and for her to declare Jace as a member of her family meant something very important. "Hey, Keiko," she shouted to her friend as they passed, "We're going to the front lines! You and Kyle should come with us!"

The Sylarian girl nodded then turned to fetch her master. They arrived at the front lines together just as the soldiers were starting to hand out masks. "What's this for," Felicity asked in confusion.

"That," the soldier said, pointing over his shoulder.

Felicity saw the mist then quickly scrambled to put the mask on. Shortly after red lightsabers ignited all at once and several dark siders charged at them along with row upon row of droid soldiers. Here we go again, she thought as she ignited both sides of her saber...

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

Max, Jace, Felicity, Kyle, and Keiko were battling in the smoke of poison gas for their lives. The enemy forces had sent hundreds of droids into the poison gas. Droids weren't effected by the gas or most of the visibility issues that would arise in fighting in the dark and smokey conditions. Smart. Max was still without a mask holding his breath while fending off one of the Sith Warriors. Saber connected with saber as the heated battle dragged on into the night. Felling his opponent Max grimaced at the battle field. The gas was now starting to part and thin as if a veil was lifting over the killing zone. The Elysian troopers were nearing the end of their ammunition when it was announced that the evacuation was all but finished. All that was left was buying as much time as possible for the extra equipment and supplies to be loaded and transferred to the new strong point.

Joining the battle Adam Sage and his apprentice Kiel Argent glared at the scene. "Fall back to your secondary positions." He ordered. With less troops there was more need to cover less ground. Troopers covered each other as their fellows fell back towards a second set of defensive obstacles. As if not knowing there was a break out in progress the Sith troopers occupied the defensive positions formerly manned by the Rangers.

Two hours passed, the gas had vanished from the sky, and nearly all the equipment was transferred. It was clear that the enemy was merely waiting for the troopers to begin evacuating and that is when they would launch a full attack. Jace pulled Felicity towards his ship hidden in one of the hangers. "I got an idea." the boy said with a bit of a smirk. enemy fighters constantly probed at the defensive anti aircraft guns testing for weakness. The guns were set to auto fire and the troops began to retreat. As predicted the enemy started to sally forth from their positions to attack while the troopers withdrew. Light tanks and other vehicles were moving in on the troopers as the Jedi fended off the blaster bolts. In the distance a blur was seen and slowly reality seemed to shift as a ship appeared behind the enemy lines. The sleek ship fired at the enemy in behind and made its way to the space between the lines halting the enemy advance.

Jace smiled as he decloaked his ship. He set his nose towards the enemy and fired lasers and missiles into their ranks while Felicity kept the enemy fighters at bay on the turret and fired at targets of opportunity. They continued this until all the gunships were loaded and heading towards their new base. Enemy fighters were busy dealing with anti air guns and other automated emplacements to give chase to the group. They had won the day, Jace had saved the day. It felt good to be a hero.

They arrived in the mountains and landed. Crew on the ground threw camo nets over the gunship and Jace's infiltrator. Their position was perfect. the mountain range was large enough that the enemy forces could not besiege it, they had separated their units and put them into pockets. The enemy would have to slug it up rocky thin mountain paths in order to find them. As they did this the Elysian troopers ambushed them and stalled their movements. Recon flights were sent in the direction Adam and the other Jedi felt the Valley's presence. Although it echoed of power its location was notoriously hard to pinpoint. Events continued like this for two days. Nearly the entirety of which Jace refused to leave his ship. On their off hours several troopers would congregate around the ship waiting for the boy to exit. It was almost as if the troopers were taking shifts.
Domani, forget domani

Cazzik
Dark Lord of the Grill

Post by Cazzik »

Cazzik's face was grim. Part of him believed he should join the New Republic fleet amassing above Onderon. The Star Rider was an impressive vessel and could easily help defend Ruusan against the enemies of the Republic. However, one of the Jedi Knights aboard the ship, Kira Locke, had made a good point. Master Sage probably needed immediate backup. Obviously Cazzik and his crew could not take on the entire enemy fleet alone. So a plan was devised. Master Wyn watched as close to twenty ships came out of hyperspace directly in front of his own vessel. There were several corvettes and gunships along with Strike Cruisers and varying types of frigates. A Venator-class Mark II Star Destroyer was at the front of the small fleet. Wyn recognized the ship instantly. It was the Voyager, the flagship of Wyn Enterprises, owned by his son Xanic.

A shuttle departed the Voyager and made its way to the docking bay of the Star Rider. Cazzik had been waiting for the arrival of the fleet and the shuttle carrying his daughter-in-law. He watched as the ramp lowered and Lorna walked down. He smiled at her and gave her a brief hug. It had been decided that Lorna would command the fleet in battle, long enough for Cazzik to take his personal transport, the Hyperion, along with several Jedi Knights, through the blockade and to the planet below. They would do their best to provide backup on the surface for Master Sage until the New Republic fleet could arrive. As soon as Cazzik's ship was through the blockade Lorna's fleet would retreat and wait for the arrival of the New Republic before they reengaged. It was a sound plan. Most of the ships would be fine for the short period in which they would be engaged in combat. Wyn was a little more worried about the small task force that would be landing on the planet. They were the ones in real danger.

Cazzik's gaze went back to the top of the shuttle ramp as he noticed someone else standing there. His smile vanished, but it was more out of shock than anything. In fact, he was very happy to see the man that was now walking toward him. His son, Xanic. He wore his Strife battle suit and was toting quite an armament with him. He carried his helmet underneath his arm as he approached. He extended his hand and shook Cazzik's, "Father. I'm coming with you."

Master Wyn simply nodded. He knew there was no arguing with Xanic. He was also well aware that his son was one of the greatest combatants in the galaxy. He would be far from dead weight on this mission. Xanic and Cazzik said their goodbyes to Lorna as she made her way to the bridge. The pair then walked across the docking bay to where Cazzik's personal ship waited. The rest of the strike force was waiting outside of the vessel for them. All Jedi. Eight of them, including Kira Locke and Xanic's younger sister, Jaina. The younger Wyns hugged each other momentarily before boarding. Like Cazzik, it had been some time since Jaina had seen her brother. Once everyone was seated Cazzik gave word to Lorna to begin the assault.

20 Minutes Later...

The group of ships came out of hyperspace above Ruusan and immediately engaged the much larger, enemy fleet. Cazzik and the others waited inside the Hyperion for their chance to make a run for the planet. Wyn was sitting in the pilot's seat and Xanic had taken up residence in the gunner seat. The rest waited in the passenger area. There were several loud explosions. Cazzik knew that the shields must be taking heavy damage. Shortly thereafter Red Seven's voice came over the comm unit in the ship, "Our fighters are launching now, Master Wyn. Wait a few moments and then go. Once you are through the blockade we will make our escape."

Cazzik gritted his teeth. This was it. The fighters had all made it out of the vessel and now it was their turn. The engines of the Hyperion roared to life and Wyn took one last deep breathe before he shot the smaller vessel out of the docking bay and into the fray. Xanic immediately began firing, clearing a path for them through the mayhem. Their were ships everywhere; fighters, support craft, capital ships. Cazzik was a masterful pilot and managed to weave through the chaos with what seemed like very little effort. There was too much going on in the area for the blockade to notice one small vessel. They passed by the enemy ships without any resistance. Unfortunately, it had come at a price. Cazzik had witnessed at least three of their vessels being destroyed. The strike force watched as the last of their fleet, the Star Rider, went into hyperspace and escaped.

Cazzik sat the ship down in a small clearing and turned to look at Xanic, "Here we go."

His son nodded in response and placed his helmet on. The ramp lowered and all ten members descended to the grassy floor below. Each of them unhooked their lightsabers and prepared themselves for combat. The Jedi Weapon Master pulled out a small communications device and had it cycle through secure Jedi frequencies, "Master Sage. This is Cazzik Wyn. I am planet side with a small strike force. We're here to provide backup until the New Republic can intervene."
"I'd like to nominate Cazzik for the Sexiest Man on Earth 2010." --Balsa

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

Felicity sighed heavily as she leaned back against the crate. Her entire body felt numb from all the fighting she'd been doing since arriving at this darn cave. She looked around, there weren't very many people with her right now, most of them were out on patrol or ambushing Sirena's forces including Jace. Right now she was alone, sitting on the ground next to a pile of their supplies and trying her best not to appear as exhausted as she was.

"Doing alright," Max asked her as he came up to sit beside her.

"I don't know, I just... Do you think our message got through?" She said, turning to give Max a side-long glance.

He simply nodded in response. "It got through."

Felicity couldn't help but make a sour face. "How do I know you're not just telling me what I want to hear?"

"Well, you'll just have to figure that out when you become the master," he answered with a smile.

Felicity stared at him a moment then she too began to smile. "Butthead."

"Brat," Max teased her, his smile widening.

The two of them fell silent then, Felicity thinking about how much she missed her cousin when she was being held by Sirena. It was good to be back, even if it they were about to die cut off and alone in these mountains. In fact she was so absorbed in her thoughts that she nearly missed the flurry of activity developing around her. Soldiers were beginning to mobilize and when she finally took notice she wearily got to her feet.

"What's going on," she asked, stopping a soldier as he was hurrying past.

"Master Wynn has just landed on the planet and Sirena's forces are between us and him. We need to move now if we're going to provide him with support."

Felicity was surprised to hear that. She didn't think anyone would get here that soon. She looked at Max and noticed the smug look on his face. "Told ya," he said playfully bopping her cheek with his fist, "You should listen to your master more often."

"Shut up, you didn't know," she chided him but her cheeks still flushed.

"Well, come on, little one, they'll need our help."

"Right," Felicity answered and she unhooked her lightsaber and followed after Max and the others...

Halcyon508

Midnight Raid

Post by Halcyon508 »

OOC: Cazzik told me that he's concentrating on the WoH's which he can barely keep up with. So I'm going to let him meet up with us and have us move on with the story a bit. So assume the position he made it through the lines okay and we're moving onto the next day (or rather night). I just really don't want to have to possibly wait on Cazzik given that he told me WoH is his priority and he's having a hard time keeping up there.

IC:
Midnight Raid

Max stood in the gunship as it skimmed across the canyon floor staring out the open hatch at the other twin ship. Felicity stood with him along with several troopers from the Elysian Skyborne regiment of the Antarian Rangers and the boy Jace, who clung to her like a small animal. There were eight ships in paired groups similar to theirs all coming in on various approaches. Reconnaissance craft had noted an outpost in this region that was believed to be a command and control center for the enemy forces in the region.

The mission was simple, the gunships and Skyborne forces were to move in from various directions to appear as though they were normal reconnaissance flights disgorging their troops while on the move. Once on the ground the Elysian troopers were to approach the outpost behind enemy lines infiltrate it and secure the data on the Sith Forces and their search efforts. While this was happening the main force of Antarian Rangers were to make a push at the Sith lines in hopes of drawing forces away so that the Lancer contingent could use their swoop bikes to break through enemy lines and meet up with the skyborne troops to extract them by ground. Gunships were to remain on their reconnaissance route to remain on station until they were needed for air support or as a secondary extraction. In addition maintaining their route will help to convince the enemy that they are simply snooping around. It was good plan on paper or at least the commanders seemed to think so.

Leaning forward Max adjusted the repulsor grav harness of Felicity fussing over her as one would their own child. "Just making sure everything is tight." He said with a grin. The lights in the gunship turned on indicating they were close to their destination. The light turned green and the troopers all jumped from the moving vehicle. As he fell the repulsion harness started to cut in nullifying the effects of gravity and stopping him in a flash a meter and a half above the ground. After several seconds the belt automatically cut the power to its repulsor field dropping Max comfortably to his feet. Troopers all around began setting up a perimeter while others pulled large cloaks from their backpack. Max watched with wonder as the Elysians rubbed the cloaks on the ground, or put them on and rolled on the ground, and the cloaks gray color changed to blend with the ground.

The young Jedi Knight made sure that Felicity and Jace followed the example of their Antarian Ranger companions putting on the stealth cloaks. Scout-Sergeant MkLayn gave a signal and the group moved silently into the night. It took nearly three hours before they reached their destination rallying with the other groups. In order to reach their destination they had to break into small groups and avoid enemy patrols rallying on a ridge just outside the base and move in an indirect route in case they were discovered. Four groups made up of around fifty soldiers each surrounded the command post. Scout-Sergeant MkLayn fanned the troops out taking his personal position next to a man with a heavy metal tube, a missile launcher. When the attack at the front lines started they would have to blow the communication array one way or another. "You know what to do Master Jedi." He said as Max nodded and moved forward.

Together with Jace and Felicity they approached the outer perimeter of the facility. Towers overlooked the perimeter and it was troublesome avoiding the guards gaze, but the three reached the perimeter unnoticed. As Jace and Felicity stood guard Max jumped the extra tall fence and landed on the other running to cover. Keeping watch with his senses he signaled the two when it was clear for them to jump and run into cover. As they snuck through the base they approached the communications array. It was a hastily erected structure. Max watched the droid guards for any sign of detection as Jace and Felicity planted charges along the base of the structure. There was enough charges to blow the building up twice. As they moved away they heard the guns and battle starting in the distance. "Damn." Max said. "They are early, or we're late." He looked at Felicity and Jace. "No time for subtly, run!" the group ran from the array as a missile was launched from outside the base towards it. Max pressed the button on the detonator just as the missile impacted creating a large plume of an explosion knocking him and his two young charges to the ground. Men began to pile out of barracks and Droids from warehouses into the yards. Outside the Rangers were being their assault shooting missiles at the towers to down them and clear holes in the fences. Max stood up and brushed himself off. They were surrounded by enemies now. He ignited his lightsaber.
Domani, forget domani

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

Felicity was on her feet in an instant. She may not have been as physically strong as either Jace or Max but she was fast and twice as agile. The explosion had thrown her off her feet but she rolled with the impact and managed to get back up into standing as the first blaster shots came her way. She wasted little time in drawing her weapon and igniting both sides of it. Initially she took a stance directly in front of Max and Jace and began using her double-bladed lightsaber to block incoming shots. A short while later after Max had recovered her took her place, having more experience with defensive lightsaber battling he was doing a much better job of redirecting those blaster shots back at those who fired them.

As more and more enemies poured out of the base Felicity glanced up at her cousin. "I hope this is part of the plan," she said, blocking an incoming blaster bolt and sending it into the steel wall of a nearby building. Jace was beside her and Felicity suddenly found herself being defended by both men, much to her chagrin. Stupid boys, she grumbled to herself...

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

Jace and Max both deflected bolts and attacked targets of opportunity cleaving with their sabers. "close enough to plan." Max said pulling Felicity. Jace followed as a rear guard as Max cut down swathes of troopers in his way. Two missiles struck out and knocked out two towers that stood next to one another. The blast rocked the large fence but did not take it down. "Cover me." Max said rushing forward and cutting a large hole into the fence with his lightsaber and dropping a flare on the ground to illuminate the area briefly before kicking it into the facility proper. Like ghosts troopers ascended the hill and made their way into the facility as the three Jedi covered their approach.

MkLayne give a nod to the Jedi before shooting an oncoming droid down. "We need to find the data storage area." He said as the gunships started to come into view. Their lasers fired rapidly at targets at the ground strafing the make shift hangers and blowing up grounded starfighters. Five of the gunships in a star like formation sat steadily in a perimeter covering the ground forces while a sixth circled the datacore. The remaining two gunships flew in long arcs around the base to warn of any enemy reinforcements. MkLayne set himself into motion hugging walls and peeking out at every turn followed by his troopers. It was a discipline that Jace especially could respect given his stealthy nature.

Max on the other hand walked without fear, or at least appeared to. Whenever an enemy was encountered he would walk boldly around a corner and cover the troopers as they took him down or rush into the fray striking the enemy before they could react. Soon they were approaching the the command post with the datacore, once inside they would be able to retrieve com log data and get a better idea of where to search for the all powerful Force Nexus....
Domani, forget domani

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Ruusan

Reversion took place, and just like that Derek Muir had brought the New Republic and reinforcements to the battle. He was standing on the bridge of Admiral Nune's lead ship. They had been in talks first over orbit of Onderon and then on the way to Ruusan as they traveled through hyperspace. They had settled on their plan. Derek had let Nune lead the way for the most part when it came to the planning for the fight. He didn't claim to be a great strategist when it came to naval battles. He was more of a diplomat. He fought when he had to. It was something that he left to the professionals, people like Nune. Putting in his thoughts when needed, or if Nune didn't understand a particular thing about the Jedi, that had been what he had done. Either way, they had come to a consensus, and the plan was in motion. He turned to Nune who stood next to him on the bridge. "Let's see if we brought enough firepower." He said.

"I don't doubt that we have." Nune replied. "All is ready, to the best that we can prepare it." He said, and turned to his own XO. "Get the Jedi in the hangars moving, make the announcement."

OOC: If you wish to have your Jedi have tagged along, there's your intro.

Darkheyr
"Certified Local Madman"

Post by Darkheyr »

A brief moment before hyperspace gave way to realspace, Iraya felt the raging battle ahead. And then, it was there.

Pain. Suffering. Fear. Hate. Anger. Rage. It all rushed towards her. A brief intake of breath - then the hand of another Jedi on her shoulder, nodding reassuringly. "Peace", he said. Much like her master would have in earlier days.

She nodded in turn - closed her eyes.

There is no emotion, there is peace.

Apprehension, fear of the coming battle, the grief, anger at her master's death - it slowly faded from her mind as she brought herself at ease, like so many times before. The Jedi mantra was simple - yet a safe anchor to calm her feelings around. Later, she would mourn those dying planetside even now, but until then, she needed focus.

But focus was hard to achieve for zeltrons when emotions ran high.

A deep breath as the transport she was strapped in lifted off the deck. A brief, hard feeling of acceleration as it raced out into space, towards the surface of Ruusan.

Iraya Dakkari, Jedi Knight, went to into real battle for the first time.

Mandalore_The_Uniter
DX Army Cadet

Post by Mandalore_The_Uniter »

Alliera was strapped herself into a transport, and pulled out her ACP Array Gun, ready to hit the ground fighting. to tell the truth, Alliera was apprehensive, and the Jedi Couple beside her picked up on it. "Are you ok little one?" the Male Jedi asked, looking down at the Padawan "I would have thought a warrior of your kind would be used to this." Alliera shrugged, her helmeted head turning to the Jedi, "I'm actually a Padawan, and my last big battle didn't go so well." "That is the reason we fall child." The Female Jedi said, taking a motherly tone "so we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alliera was checking her weapon, listening to the jedi, "I just feel like such a failure, i couldn't even save a fellow padawan..." the Male Jedi put a hand on Alliera's sholdier comfortingly, and took a good look at the weapon in her hand. "That is certaintly an old weapon, they used those in the clone wars i think." the Jedi said, taking Alliera's mind off of her apprehension "then again, us Jedi arn't in any possition to talk...what with the lightsaber's age..."

"I don't view it like that..." Alliera said, smiling behind her helmet "i see it as keeping something usefull around as long as possible." "Good point." the Male Jedi said, smiling "What's your name little one?" "Alliera." the Young girl said, looking at the couple "Yours?" "I'm Bannon, and this is my wife Sache." 'Bannon' saod. gesturing to himself and the woman beside him "where is your Master?" Alliera shrugged her sholdiers, Muttering something about 'he's a big important guy'. "Alright, in that case, stay near us." Bannon said, smiling "we'll protect you."

Ryo Kasyk
80% Man, 10% Hard Liquor, 10% Beer

Post by Ryo Kasyk »

Ryo's path was awkward, to say the least. He had been removed from galactic life for two years, living the life of an exile in the Outer Rim. The moment he returned to known space, he realized why he left in the first place. Conflict. War. Death. It seemed as if his entire life as a Jedi was defined by conflict. The galaxy was always in turmoil, and he sought to flee from it. He only wanted to be left alone. It was during the two years that he came to a realization that he was not serving the Force, he was only serving himself. It was the path of the Jedi to protect innocents. It was a life of sacrifice. When he arrived at the Jedi Temple, he realized that he belonged there, amongst those like him, fighting for peace that was so hard to find. And yet now, he was being thrown into combat in order to save Jedi, and defeat the Sith.

He sat in a shuttle that was about to leave the safety of the hangar and descend down to Ruusan to rescue Jedi. He looked himself over briefly, and chuckled at how he had changed. His knew his hair was graying at the temples, and he felt comfortable with the beard that had begun to grow. His eyes had hardened from years of hardship, but they still held onto the youth of his life. It was the armor that he now wore that felt the oddest. Technically, the armor was near worthless, but he guessed it would be smart to be safe. He now sported chest, leg, and wrist armor, all made of duraplast. The armor was concealed under his Jedi robes, but he still felt it when he moved around. It was a necessary evil when going into combat. He then rubbed his hands and massaged the spaces between his knuckles. Each hand had three small scars between the fingers, the only indication of the secret that he was cursed with long ago.

He sighed and looked around at the occupants of the shuttle. Other Jedi and New Republic troopers were all strapped in. Beside him sat a much younger female Jedi Knight, a Zeltron. He could feel her anxiety in the Force, like it was an aura around her. He put his hand on her shoulder, "Peace," he said.

Ryo took a deep breath as the shuttle dropped away and accelerated down towards the planet. He hadn’t seen combat in many years, but he knew his own abilities. He just hoped they would be good enough to survive.

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

In Space

The mighty fleets of the Sith classed with those of the Jedi and their allies overhead. Transports disgorged from capital ships of both side rushing to support the troops on the ground less combat go against their fleets. The Sith forces landed hundreds of thousands of droids on the planet as the jedi landed with food and medical aid in as much abundance as soldiers. The Antarian Rangers were first to lead the charge toward the planet rolling up the flank of the enemy and blowing through them with the Conqueror-class Star Destroyers. The ships were designed to be a modern successor to the old clone wars era Acclamator transports. They landed first in perimeters around the mountain stronghold of the Jedi on the planet creating a fighting perimeter around the beleaguered forces.

Smaller landing craft were signaled from the surface and sent to various locations to support the smaller operations on the planet. To Colonel MkTanner it all seemed premature. While his forces were preparing for their jump behind enemy lines he stared at the fleets only now beginning to intercept one another and fire their powerful salvos. Between them fighters darted vying for supremacy in space between lumbering behemoths. The Jedi Master Sage had said the site below that was in contention held tremendous power, however MkTanner wasn't convinced. With the size of the Sith Fleet in orbit victory was hardly guaranteed, and there was a chance that his forces would end up stranded just like those before them.

On the surface

Max smiled as he stared up at the sky. He could hear the messages blaring over the communication units, the fleet had arrived. There was no time for him to celibate however, his days of combat on the dusty world were hardly coming to an end. The troopers had made it without incident to the communication relay and were beginning the upload. It wouldn't take long for them to figure out exactly where the enemy and the valley of the Jedi was. Soon they would be able to attack en force.

Several of the gunships meant to support the ground assault flew by waving their wings. enemy reinforcements were inbound. Max picked up a pair of enhanced imagers and looked out across the barren rocks. There was a mass of droids and mercenaries moving towards them supported by several At-At's and other walkers. In the center of the massive force stood the Colossus Walker, standing nearly twice as high as the At-At's around it. He had fought one on Sabii and only destroyed it by ramming his fighter into the head of the creature and barely escaping with his life. "We have a problem here." he said looking at the wave of enemy ground troops. "We need reinforcements!" he called stepping out of the base and beginning his walk towards the enemy army. He was joined by Jace at his side and together the two walked towards the army hoping that reinforcements would arrive in time...
Domani, forget domani

Cadden
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden »

OOC: Okay, so this post is going to be rather... jumpy... because L'hnnar should have been here no less than a couple hours before Cazzik and the rest of the Jedi left. So, yeah... here's a shot in the dark!

IC:

Several days ago

The Tranquility burst out of lightspeed far from Ruusan. Immediately, the Whiphid took note of the sizeable fleet in orbit, and got to work activating the ship's stealth systems to remain undetected by the Sith. He was certain that he would be detected through the Force, but to find his ship was another task. He brought the Delaya-class Courier toward the planet, and managed to slip through the Sith's defenses without issue, initiating several maneuvers in the process to remain out of sight. It took some work, but he eventually made it to the atmosphere.

L'hnnar brought the ship toward the surface. Based on the information from Adam, the group had to be near the coordinates that were provided to the Jedi in the distress call. He found a suitable clearing and landed his ship. Instead of taking the trek by foot, however, L'hnnar opted to travel by means of his Infantry Support Platform. The vehicle burst to life and sped away from the Delaya-class Courier, en route to his destination.

The closer he got to the mountains, the more he discovered the potential resistance. L'hnnar continued onward, doing what he could to avoid a fight, until he neared the front of a skirmish between Jedi and Sith. He brought the ISP closer to the engagement then, as though he performed his action without regard to anything around him, like an untrained padawan, he leapt from the still-moving vehicle, lightsaber ignited, and came crashing down on a nearby droid, while the ISP collided into a small group of others. The Whiphid had joined the fight.

Present

L'hnnar was made aware of the goingons outside, and arrived at the entrance to see what both Max and Jace saw. The two were heading against the opposing army, and the Whiphid wasted no time in joining them. "Just like old times," he muttered under his breath. More profoundly, he said to the two, "Looks like you could use some help. I'm sure an old Jedi Master isn't the kind of reinforcements you had in mind, though." Despite the situation, he grinned. No doubt, both of them have learned of who he was, and what he was capable of doing. Tone hardly kept such things to herself, nowadays, and during their time teaching at the temple, no doubt did she often draw upon him as examples in different situations.

He didn't bother to ask if the other two had a plan. Three Jedi verses an entire army. There was no plan. Fight for survival, defend the comm. center. That was it. He couldn't think of anything better than that, unfortunately, not without proper reinforcements. And so, it was a simple showdown. Delay the enemy long enough to allow for their allies to get to the scene, or die trying.

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

Max and Jace nodded at the aged Jedi Master. It was refreshing to have him by their side. As they walked into the desert they saw the forward observation post, a small group of soldiers nestled in some rocks, and began to walk past it. One of the soldiers tried to say something to the Jedi but was cut off by a determined look from the trio. Max released his cloak from his shoulders letting the wind take it. There would be no time for camouflage and no need for such an encumbering item. Small repulsor vehicles were first to arrive depositing ground troops. Droid warriors started their march toward the Jedi firing their weapons in rapid succession. The soldiers at the observation post returned fire as the Jedi blocked blaster bolts and charged into the fray.

Black clad enemy mercenaries were smarter seeking cover and concealment firing at the troopers and Jedi whenever a shot presented itself. Max could already hear the massive walkers foot falls and the clammer of the smaller vehicles. He wasn't sure how to deal with such large pieces of armor on the field, but he knew that he'd have to delay the enemy long enough for reinforcements to reach the landing zone behind them. Blocking a blaster bolt with his lightsaber he quickly jumped forward decapitating a droid and sending its body into a group of mercenaries. The vanguard of the armor company approached. Two At-At's and nearly twenty of the smaller bipedal At-St's began to fire on the Jedi. "We need to make a convincing target!" Jace yelled as he jumped avoiding the explosion from one of the larger walkers guns. "Distract them so the troopers can escape to safety!" Wherever that is... the boy thought.

Max was about to respond praising the boy for his concern when the roar of engines nearly shattered his ear drums. Several low flying claw craft from the Chiss Mercenaries broke through the sky and fired on the incoming walkers. Three of the little ones went down under a hail of fire. As the fighters arched around in a wide circle the group set their sights on one of the big ones and combined all their fire bursting its massive hull and causing it to crash to the ground. They flew away tipping their wings to the Jedi below, repayment for saving their pilots life earlier in the campaign. Enemy fighters now reacted to the scene chasing after the Clawcraft. "Thank you." Max said smiling at the sky.
Domani, forget domani

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

The time aboard the Sages Destiny had given Arice Quinn's Bacta pads some time to work, and given him time to think about the events on Dathomir... Even his events after returning to the temple. He still looked a sight, his clothes tattered and burned, fresh scars from his duel with Eterna on show... To say he looked somewhat weather-worn would have been putting it lightly. He mused to himself, 'Hah! There was a time when I'd never walk away from a fight... Now what do I do? I walk away from one, and walk straight into another... Hmmm, at least this is a fight that can be won... Malakai... I have to find Rissk, but even where Malakai is - is a mystery... Even if I knew where he was - could I really drag Ethan off on another suicide mission? Maybe the Jedi Council need to know about Malakai... But with everything else going on - are they even going to take him seriously?'

They were breaking atmosphere now, and he looked around at the assembled Jedi. There were a lot of Padawans, and some knights... But even the knights looked decidedly 'green'. It seemed the Jedi needed every sabre they could muster at the moment, and it appeared to Quinn that a lot of these Jedi weren't going to make it home.

He thought about his endless battles pre-purge, the bounty hunting, the pit fighting, Malakai's Force Clones, the Force Negators, Sith Lord Perem Thoje, the Vankyr infected Maris Eterna, the blasters which appeared to be designed for killing Jedi... Whatever he was going to meet, it seemed like it would be a walk in the park... Despite his years of experience and legendary skill - he considered himself lucky to be alive at that point.

The transport landed with a thump, and he exited the gang ramp, sabres at the ready.

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

Felicity drove up beside Jace aboard a confiscated speeder she had found in the enemy base. "Jace," she called after him, throwing him a launcher complete with grappling hook.

"Felicity," the boy said in surprise, barely catching the launcher, "where have you been?"

"Here and there," the girl said, "Hurry up and get on, I have a plan."

And a stupid one at that. Max is probably going to kill me later when he finds out, she thought to herself. Jace looked at her then at the battle unfolding in front of him and for a moment he seemed to fight the urge to refuse. Knowing that Felicity would go on without him, though, he hopped on the back of the speeder and ignited his lightsaber.

"Let's go," he said and Felicity smiled and kicked the vehicle into full gear.

They sped past columns of enemy troopers and under and around their many walkers. From his perch on the back of the speeder Jace did his best to provide them cover from enemy fire while Felicity drove expertly around impacts and implosions from weapons fire from the larger walkers. They drove under the feet of the large colossus walker and came out behind it, Felicity turned sharply to the left and pulled out her own launcher aiming for the top of the machine.

"Now," she yelled over the whine of her speeders engines and both she and Jace fired their grappling hooks from the back of a moving vehicle. The hooks caught onto a piece of metal sticking out from the side of the machine somewhere near the top and they were pulled up and away from their speeder as the cable automatically retracted. They caught the side of the walker and hefted themselves up to the top of the large machine. Felicity found an access hatch and drove one side of her double bladed lightsaber into it, cutting it open. "After you," she said, gesturing for Jace to enter first.

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

Max watched as the speeder jetted by. At first he moved to strike it but then immediately saw the occupants. "What on earth are you playing at?" He said aloud blocking a blaster bolt. The speeder moved at such quick speeds breaking past the first wave and headed right towards the massive walker. "God that is a stupid idea..." Max said running headlong into the advance. He had to break through, he had to get to the two kids before something bad happened....

Jace crawled up into the large walker. The bay they sat in was a simple maintenance walkway under the main superstructure. He could hear the joints and gyros of the walker echoing down the hall. "Great!" He said, "Now we're inside the big thing our allies are going to try to destroy." Looking around he noted the numbers and markings on the sides. "And I don't happen to have a Datapad with schematics on me." turning he flashed her a smile. "Besides two people trying to blow this thing up... I got a better idea." winking he then looked forward. A technician turned the corner and Jace pushed him into the wall with the force knocking him out instantly. "We find the bridge and hijack it!" Warning sirens roared around them. "Looks like they found out we were here." Jace said frowning and looking up. "They probably had sensors on the hatches to them when they had been breached..."
Domani, forget domani

Mandalore_The_Uniter
DX Army Cadet

The Shuttle carrying Alliera was hit in orbit by a fighter, and it thus began to decend uncontrolably, the commandos and Jedi abourd were thrown around as the shuttle pilot attempted to regain control. as the shuttle streaked into the atmosphere and closer to crashing, it attracted the eyes of those on the ground, as the pilot finally regained enough control to start to slow the decent. Alliera was holding onto her helmeted head, and the Jedi Couple were holding hands, ready for the impending crash landing. With a earth shattering crash, the shuttle landed behind Max's Position, and several jedi and troopers stumbled out of the wreckage. Alliera's first instinct told her to look forward, and what she saw was a huge force along with 2 walkers, she easily recognized one as an AT-AT. The Jedi Couple started to reorganize the troopers and younger jedi to assist the 3 Jedi already on site. Alliera was stuck in place, she had a plan to deal with the walkers, but the implications of it scared her. Her idea was to basicly to scale up the side of the AT-AT and blow it up from the inside with whatever explosives she could find, while it would be easy enough with her 'toys', the army between her and the walker would make things harder though.

Meanwhile, the Jedi couple was leading the recently landed forces in assisting Max's group, setting up the Commandoes and Jedi in a defence pattern. Bannon walked up to Max, "Hello there, I'm Bannon, i guess i'm acting Commander of these commandoes and jedi." Bannon said, Nodding to Max "The one in Mandalorian armor near the back is a Padawan, I'm not too sure what she's doing, but she should be along in a moment." Alliera chose that moment to walk up to the commandoes, commendeering Explosives of varrying type and size, grabbing the attention of Bannon and Sache. "Little one, what are you doing?" Sache asked, looking concerned "We need your help." "It's not what i'm doing that matters." Alliera said, still grabbing explosives "it's what i'm about to do that matters." After Alliera grabbed everyone's explosives, she walked towards the front of the group. "My name is Alliera, I am a Disgraced Mandalorian Warrior and Jedi Padawan." She said, raising her voice so everyone could hear "I am about to do something stupid and somewhat suicidal, what i need you guys to do is to cover me, and not try to follow me."

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

As the jedi poured out of Arice's transport, blaster bolts rained down upon them. Fully half of the Jedi didn't even make it off the gang-plank. When he hit the ground he immediately ran for cover, using battle-precognition to avoid the onslaught of laser fire. Imperial walkers were bearing down on their position, firing indiscriminantly. He noticed a speeder zoom off towards the looming colossus walker in the distance most of the rest of the Jedi appeared to be spending their time taking cover.

'Desperate times... Desperate measures... Arice thought to himself as he lifted his sabres, but then instead of ingniting them, pressed a hidden button on the side, making a male and a female clip slide out of the bottom of the handles. Quickly he joined the handles together, with the blades at opposite ends and ignited them. The curved blades were curved so they followed the same rotation, instead of making a bow shape it formed an 's'. Leaping over his cover into a hail of blaster fire he stormed forwards twirling and deflecting as he went.

Having carved his way through a small platoon of Stormtroopers, he was crouching in cover again, now out-flanking part of the battle-field. An AT-ST was storming closer to the Jedi line, so he threw his twin bladed sabre assembly at the cockpit, putting so much spin on it, that it whirred and hummed as it sailed through the air, forming a perfect disc of pure energy. It sliced the cokpit clean in two, the front falling off, leaving the grizzly charred remains of the pilot and co-pilot on show for a second along with the interior of the cockpit, before it tumbled to the ground.

As he force-pulled the sabre back to him a speeder-bike screamed towards him canons blazing. He ducked a couple of shots, deflected one... Then force-leapt onto the speeder decapitating the scout at the controls in one swift move, his helmetted head rolling amongst the troops while body tumbled lifeless to the earth.

It took a few seconds for Arice to fight his way onto the controls of the bike, it was travelling as fast as a blur past the Jedi line, but they noticed the Jedi pilot and didn't attack. He swung the controls around, with a scream of the engines, then glided in low, before really opening the taps and heading towards the colossus walker at full speed.

The metal legs of the speeder clipped the ground he was so low, his sabre at full extension, carving troopers in two and hacking AT-ST's legs off at the knee.

By this point blaster shots were skimming past him leaving his cloak smoking and on fire in places.

Ryo Kasyk

Post by Ryo Kasyk »

Ryo stared out a viewport on the shuttle as they descended into the atmosphere of Ruusan. The shuttle he and several others were on was surrounded by a ring of fighters for protection and other troop-carrying shuttles. An explosion of a nearby shuttle caused his shuttle rock and bounce violently. Ryo cursed under his breath as pieces of metal and random body parts collided with the side of the shuttle. He remembered why he hated getting involved in galactic conflicts.

Looking back outside, he saw they had cleared the clouds and were descending rapidly to the site of the armies encampment. It was not difficult to spot the approaching droid army, along with their massive array of walkers. A shiver ran down his spine as he took it all in. Never had he seen such a display of firepower on the ground before, especially the Colossus Walker that dominated the battlefield. He swallowed deeply when he saw the size of the thing, and wondered what could possibly destroy such a vehicle.

As the shuttle closed in on the battle, Ryo noticed three Jedi already involved in the thick of the combat, as well as one Jedi that sped along on a speeder. Many of the soldiers were already seeking cover and firing random shots whenever there was a lull. The shuttle flew low over the battlefield, its own array of blasters taking out as many droids and walkers as it could.

When the shuttle was nearing the DZ, Ryo watched as it was becoming harder and harder for the shuttles to safely land their cargo. Realizing what he had to do, Ryo unstrapped himself from his crash webbing and dove through the doorway, igniting his lightsaber and flipping over so he would land on his feet. As he descended, he gathered energy to him and channeled it into a massive Force-wave that emanated outwards once he landed. Droids were thrown to their feet and one of the nearby walkers toppled, its cockpit collapsing as it collided with the hard ground.

“Cover the shuttles!” he yelled to the nearby troopers that were taking cover behind large rock formations. The soldiers responded quickly, picking up their heavier weaponry and began to lay down a barrage of covering fire that would have made any company commander feel proud. “Keep it up boys, you’re doing a great job!”

Ryo began to slowly move forward, his blade a blur in his hands as he blocked blaster bolts and cut through droids, in the hopes of creating a protective shield that would allow the soldiers to take advantage of the space and move up.

Darkheyr
"Certified Local Madman"

Post by Darkheyr »

There is no emotion, there is peace.

An explosion, nearby. The shuttle was thrown to the side harshly, and just as harsh stabilized again as the pilot took action.

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.

Debris scratched across the shuttle hull. Laserfire bounced of deflector shields. The shuttle's own blaster cannons returned fire.

There is no passion, there is serenity.

The older Jedi beside her sprung into action, rushing through the hatch with the hiss of his sabre.

There is no death, there is the Force.

Iraya took a deep breath. A second later, the zeltron raced through the air, blaster bolts ricocheting off a pair of azure blades. An incoming grenade, deflected to the side with the force, into a pair of advancing droids. She focused on the ground - dust exploded upwards, shrouding more of their enemies. A thrown sabre, and another two fell. Moments later, she was to Ryo's right while the soldiers began to follow, covering enemy forces with blasterfire under the cover of the two Jedi.

Her eyes focused on the Colossus. They'd need to take out that one.

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Arice had by this point tried firing the speeder bike weapons at the Colussus, but was clearly far too heavily armoured for such light weapons to have an affect. Plus every time he tried the gargantuan machine replied with a hail of turbo laser fire that set the forest alight. The only grace was that, such was the ferocity of the Colossus response - stray shots were pounding into AT-AT's, AT-ST's and groups of troopers.

Arice swerved left, then right, then pulled back on the handles, climbing up above the smaller walkers. As he did so he force-jumped onto the roof of an AT-AT, and ued the force to guide his stolen speeder-bike at the Colossus walker...

It slammed into the top of one of the legs, near to the head section, making it wobble and sending a shower of flames and sparks everywhere... But the machine kept striding forwards at the same pace.

Wobbling on his feet now as the AT-AT lurched forwards, Arice glanced at the head, and saw it lining up at the Jedi line, quickly, as it fired - he force-gripped the head and twisted it so the hail of laser-fire slammed into the lightly armoured rears of several AT-ST's and columns of troops...

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

"We better get moving," Felicity said and the two made their way along the maintenance walkway until the came to a door. Felicity quickly made short work of it with her lightsaber and sent the center of it bursting outward with a burst from the force. The pieces of the door crushed men and droids alike as enemy soldiers lined up on the other side of it to deal with the breach. Felicity and Jace jumped into action, using the surprise from the exploding door to their advantage and making short work of Sirena's men.

More soldiers appeared around a bend in the corridor and began firing their weapons. Felicity and Jace deflected their shots back at them as they headed down the corridor towards the head of the massive machine. "How many soldiers do you think they got on this thing," Felicity asked Jace when the came to another door. She stuck the blade of her lightsaber into the door and began cutting a hole through it. "You think there will be something in the cockpit we can use to take care of them all at once?"

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

Jace smiled at Felicity, "There are ninety soldiers in here." He said before finally adding, "plus a crew of twelve. You can double that if they knew it would only be temporary transportation." One hundred and eighty soldiers. Felicity gave Jace a look wondering how the boy knew that information. "I am the Prince of Anari remember? This thing was created to lead my mothers armies." The huge walker was the size of a small starship and gracefully destroyed everything in it's path. The couple hurried up the ramparts towards the front and top of the beast, where each assumed the bridge was.

"So if you know about these things which way?" Felicity said as they approached a T intersection.

"I've never actually been in one." Jace said staring first to the right and then to the left. "That way!" finally he said pointing. Felicity pivoted on her feet to go that way when Jace stuck out an arm and pushed her against the wall. Soldiers ran across the corridor just after the girl had been shielded from view. "Better go right then." Jace said with an awkward smile. "Safer." The two continued avoiding the roving patrols and guards inside until finally reaching a large door, "This has to be it." Jace said staring. He walked up to the door and put a hand on it. "Twelve crewmen." He said concentrating. "I think... alright lets go!" he opened up the panel in the side and fiddled with the wires until the door opened in front of the two. Igniting his saber nearly instantly after movement began he rushed in deflecting blaster bolts and hurling mercenaries and droids out of his way. Felicity followed and together the two cleared the bridge in seconds. Jace turned and closed the door behind him as Felicity took the controls stopping the machine in it's tracks. "Let them have it!" Jace said sitting at another gunnery station next to Felicity.

Max saw the ships drop around him, reinforcements had arrived. The Colossus moved a little before aiming it's turbolasers at a nearby shuttle touching down and torching it. The explosion lit up the nights sky across the rocky desert. Morning would be breaking soon and the team with the data had been extracted. Two choices remained for the Jedi and their allies. Back down now retreating with their data, or finishing the enemy troops here to deny them valuable resources. Max was in front of everyone now and between two At-St walkers. Extending his hand he pulled each knocking them over so that their heads banged against each other denting metal plates and ruining delicate gyros. The Jedi knight jumped out of the way before the two walkers could land on him. With a flick of his wrist he pushed a group of nearby droids away clearing a path for him to reach the Colossus walker. The giant stopped moving as an At-At moved in front of it. "Crap." Max said staring as the head of the metallic monster aimed it's weapons right at him. It would require a bit of maneuvering to avoid the fire and the blast radius of the weapons. Bending into his knees to avoid the shot that was to come Max prepared himself to be hit by at least the periphery of the blast. He could sense the weapon powering up when suddenly the At-At blew up. The explosion sent a shock wave which had the knight struggle to stay afoot. As the walked started to fall several more turbolaser blasts from the Colossus walker rammed into it decimating the vehicle and rendering it a helpless hulk. The Colossus began to fire on other craft and infantry. Only two of it's guns were operating. "Thanks kids." Max said waving his hands at the Jedi and troopers behind them telling them with a motion to push forward.

Jace heard it first, the signs of the doors being tampered with. "Felicity, I think we're overstaying our welcome." He pressed a switch arming several automated blasters outside the door. "That won't hold them off for long!"
Domani, forget domani

Mandalore_The_Uniter
DX Army Cadet

Alliera charged ahead of the group, being covered by the troopers behind her as she used her lightsabers and her momentum to fight her way through the mooks who braved the withering fire to try and stop her. The young mandalorian was quickly approaching the forward AT-AT, as the enemies started to get thinner as she got closer to the lumbering legs of the AT AT. When Alliera reached the AT AT, she burred her lightsabers into the forward-left leg, and used them to help her climb up the foot and then onto the leg. When Alliera reached the top of the leg, she used one of her lightsabers to cut open an entrance into the AT AT, which she crawled into once it was done. Alliera started planting explosives next to important looking parts, as she walked through the AT AT, keeping her guard up. Alliera broke into the Cockpit, and killed the pilor, before planting one last explosive on the console. Alliera used her lightsabers to cut a hole in the front of the cockpit, before jumping out, and hitting the detonator. The AT AT shoot and sputtered as several explosions wracked the walker, causing it to stumble to the side, before it finally crashed into the ground. Alliera fell towards the ground, feeling like she was about to die, as her helmet fell off and smashed on the ground below. Alliera was caught mid air by Bannon, who had run forward of the main force to hopefully save Alliera. When Bannon landed, he put Alliera on the ground and activated his lightsaber. “Let's get busy kid.” Bannon said, smirking “not all of us can blow up an AT AT.”

Ryo Kasyk

Post by Ryo Kasyk »

Ryo waded through the droids, cutting left and right as he went. It had been years since he had seen combat, and never against such a well-armed force, or as numbered. Droids fell by the dozens as Ryo and the Zeltron, Iraya, pushed forward. They were a shield for the soldiers behind them. He could feel her movements and react in tandem with them, allowing the soldiers the best possible defense they could manage.

As he cut through a massive battle droid, Ryo felt a tingling in the back of his head, and reacted as quickly as humanly possible. Drawing strength from the Force, he leapt just in time to escape the blast from an AT-ST; however, the force of the impact sent him tumbling through the air. He slowed his rotation and noticed that he was going to land amidst a cluster of well-armed battle droids, easily twenty meters beyond where Iraya and the soldiers were fighting. He also noticed that his lightsaber had been knocked from his hands and was nowhere to be found.

“Sithspit!” He growled, as he once again used the Force-wave technique as he landed to the ground with a thud. He was weaponless, and there were easily twenty to thirty battle droids between he and his comrades, not counting the walkers that were getting ever closer.

Letting out a feral howl, he lowered his body and thrust his hands outward. Blood splayed from his hands as claws slid from between the webbing in his fingers. It was the curse that he was given by Esran Croft, but now he used them for a different purpose, a more noble purpose.

His neutronium claws made short work of the droids closest to him, each one being sliced in half by the near indestructible metal. Not even the durasteel legs of the AT-ST could stand a chance, as the walker that had targeted Ryo collapsed as its one leg was sheared just below its “knee.”

Keep moving, old man, he reminded himself. He didn’t have his lightsaber anymore, so his ability to defend himself was negligible. Relying on his agility, Ryo cut a zigzag path back where Iraya and the soldiers were, in the hopes that they had survived on their own in his brief absence…and that they had his lightsaber.