Cult of Shadow: The Final Piece

18 years after the Battle of Yavin...
A divergent, persistent and interactive Star Wars timeline with a rich history and established characters.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Cult of Shadow: The Final Piece

Post by Halomek »

OOC: The previous thread can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7365

The current OOC thread is here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8526

IC: The Cult of Shadow was nearly finished with the preparations for its next big push. Systems were checked, supplies were loaded, and some of the greatest talent within the organization had boarded the Edict of Darkness at Sivter’s command. Nothing was going to stand in the Dark Master’s way.

The Inner Circle Dark Lord Nelar Rel’ot remained nominally in charge of the day-to-day operations, as was usually the case whenever Sivter left Arcanix. Although many of the most noted Darksiders were now on the Edict a few remained behind, either because their missions were too important to jeopardize, or because they couldn’t be trusted to accompany Sivter on this crucial mission.

The Edict would be leaving shortly to pursue the last piece Sivter required in his grand scheme to remake the galaxy, but there were still one or two loose ends to take care of first…

As it happened, Razor was summoned to appear before Sivter alone. Mouse was forced to wait outside his chambers, and even Raii was sent to stand outside the doors while Sivter spoke with Razor. The reasoning for this was clear. What he had to say was for her ears only. Anyone who dared to intrude on this privacy would suffer a painful death for it, and a similar fate would befall Razor should she lose her better judgment and speak to anyone else about what occurred inside.

“You have done well, just as a I expected you would,” Sivter complimented her kneeling form. “Masque’s faith in you was well placed. You have conquered your own instabilities and become far stronger because of it. For this you will be rewarded.” He motioned to Razor. “You may stand.”

Sivter waited until Razor was back on her feet before he continued. “Until you subjugated your shattered psyche, I knew that your loyalty to me would forever be suspect. Thanks to your rebirth on Arcanix, I can now trust that your devotion is genuine, and not a ploy by another personality. As part of your reward, you will be given an assignment that is of the utmost importance to me.”

zephre
Forgeticus!!

Re: Cult of Shadow: The Final Piece

Post by zephre »

Razor smiled at the Dark Masters words. A rebirth was a most appropriate term for her experiences. She certainly wasn’t the same woman that had stepped foot on Arcanix after her long sleep. She had indeed changed for the better, she knew.

She was one woman, no longer the three seperate parts that inhabited this body of blood, bone and Sinew. Her aspect of Razor couldn’t be trusted; Master Sivter had known this, as did Lord Masque, which was why he locked away the dutiful Fei’s aspect deep in her own mind. Razor would have devoured her, as she had nearly done to her youngest aspect, Vivvi Dehn. The ancient Falleen had known that she would encounter the Dark Prince in that Cantina on Tattooine, and knew that Razor would bring the Defel to Him.

The Sith Lord had known that Sivter would be the instrument that would enable her to reconstruct herself into the woman that stood before him now. She knew one thing, with her new clarity of mind and stronger connection of the Dark Side.

Sivter was truly the Dark Master, and she would follow him to the bitterest end.

“My Dark Master, I am honored by your confidence, I will not betray it.” She said, bowing to the Defel Dark Master. “How may I serve You, and the Cult of Shadows..”

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek »

Sivter closed his eyes thoughtfully. “My ultimate victory draws near, I have foreseen it. I can see the galaxy falling before my will. There are still those that would oppose me, but the true threats have either already been dealt with, or are in the process of being handled. Nothing in this galaxy can prevent now what I will unleash.” He paused. “Despite this… assurance… the Force still refuses to show me a vision of my final success. This means that there’s still a chance that I will fail, or that I will die. Perhaps both.”

Sivter opened his eyes again to look at Razor. “I believe it is only a slim possibility in either case, but nevertheless they are possibilities that must be accounted for. I have already taken precautions in this regard, but I require someone powerful that I can trust for one job in particular, so it is to you, Razor, that I give this task: in the event of my death, you are to protect Raii Meriaz with your life.”

Sivter noted Razor’s surprise with some amusement. “Raii, of course, is quite capable of protecting herself, but I prefer to leave nothing to chance. For you see, she isn’t simply my bodyguard, she is also my chosen successor to carry on my legacy. Safeguarding her is not a task I would give to just anybody. Do you have any objections to this assignment? Speak truthfully.”

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

Fiona cracked her whip and sliced the two disciples to pieces before snapping the weapon at Ravus again and again. The dark lord easily dodged the first and the second but her attacks were coming faster now and from unpredictable angles. "No man shall tell me what to do," she hissed at him, "Fiona will make you bleed!"

zephre
Forgeticus!!

Post by zephre »

“I have no objection what so ever. Raii Meriaz will be protected for as long as I am alive,” She said “and possibly beyond even that.” Razor stated, and took on a more thoughtful look. “HOW to go about it, that is another matter entirely.” And with a breath, she continued. “She is not to know that she is being protected, since she is not party to this meeting, that is obvious. It’s apparent that I would need to remain close enough to be effective if something were to happen, but distant so that she wouldn’t sense my keeping tabs, and hope that she would listen to me long enough to remove her from harm.” She began to pace, gesturing as she spoke.

“I also understand that she is a remarkable combatant, as she wouldn’t be your bodyguard if she weren’t. So I would step in as required in the off chance that she were swarmed, or faced a grand master level Force user only. This way she doesn’t lose face for having another fight for her, specially when her current position is the Dark Masters body guard.” And stopped and faced Sivter. “And if something did happen to you, I’m certain that Dark Lords would be clambering to snatch up the Dark Master position themselves, so they would need to be dealt with quickly to give Raii a chance to put in place her own administration of those she knows can be trusted.”

She breathed out. “It would need to be complete subterfuge.” Razor nodded “I can do that.”

She crossed her arms. “Kale Stone passed on Mouse to be as an apprentice, but she will do only what I tell her, and of course will know nothing of what transpired in your chambers, so that is not a problem.” She said. “As Ive told her already, keep your mouth shut and your eyes open..”

Another thought crossed her mind. “If I may ask, Master.. Is she protecting you?”

She completed the thought.. “..Or are you protecting her?”

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek »

“A fair question,” Sivter replied with a smile, “but one I’m not going to answer. All you need to know is that you’ll be protecting her. Raii has her own instructions in the event of my death. I assure you, her cooperation with you won’t be an issue. Simply be ready to protect her, and that will be sufficient.”

Razor nodded and Sivter changed subjects.

“I mentioned that your new task was only part of your reward,” he said as a panel slid back on one of the walls, revealing a small pyramid bathed in red light. “What you see before you is the Arcanix holocron. I created it myself. It contains my memories and wisdom, as well as that of a Sith Lord known as Sorij Xor, and…” he grinned again, “…Dragon Masque. If you wish, you may have fifteen minutes to consult with it.”

zephre
Forgeticus!!

Post by zephre »

Razor nodded. “I would indeed, though I’m not too familiar with Sorij Xor however except he was active during the great hyperspace war.” She said, remembering the name from Lord Masque teaching. It was more of an overview really, as he hadn’t spoken much of that time. It had surprised her slightly that Lord Masque was included in the Arcanix Holocrons, which she felt he would have found a sense of satisfaction that his knowledge would benefit the future Darksiders. “A wonderful reward, Dark Master, thank you..” and with a bow, she turned towards the Holocron, and simply admired it. “It its beautiful work,” and touched it with the force, it flared to life. She said to the Pyramid shape, “Lord Masque.”

The Gatekeeper’s projection formed, the armoured shape of her former master appeared in front of her. “I am the Dark Lord Darth Vesp, now called Dragon Masque.” And after looking at the woman before him. “But you know that all too well, don’t you Fei.” The image was a much less decrepit version of her master, as he was when she first met him as a child.

“Greetings, Para.” She bowed her head. “There is a technique that you had began teaching to your final apprentice, but were never able to complete..”

The Gatekeeper crossed his arms, and completed her sentence for her. “The realm of Illusion...” the Falleen Dark Lord nodded. “A usefull skill indeed. I had taught you all that you need to progress the talent, and now that you have defeated Razor, you will be able to focus with clarity.” He stated.. “But you know of this already. Did you call upon me for true information or simply sentimental reasons? I would have been disappointed if the latter was the truth.”

Razor smiled. “Indeed, Para. I am interested in one other aspect of Illusion, one that you were a master of. True Astral Projection..”

A hearty laugh came from the helmet. “Ah... I see. Force Phantoms and Dopplegangers..” he said. “Yes, Fei. I remember your interest in that. My late nemnisis, the Jedi Master Bahn Tak’Vhodda was a master of this, as was Darth Rabis, whom I learned the talent from. It was the reason I cordoned You away from Razor. Intense and emersive training is required for this, which I sense that you do not have with this Holocron. My Dark Prince Sivter may be able to point you in the proper direction to find the texts for this talent.” The Falleen stated. “and Perhaps the other Gatekeepers can help you as well. Seek out Sorij Xor in this vessel. May the force give you what you deserve, Fei.” and the Gatekeeper of her former master faded. Razor touched the Holocron again with the Dark side, as said “Lord Sorij Xor”

The Gatekeeper appeared, “Speak...”

Razor bowed her head to the Gatekeeper. “Greetings, Lord Xor. I have need of information regarding Force Phantoms and Doppelgangers.."

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek »

The projection of the Sith/Human hybid smiled knowingly. “I possess such knowledge, but these are not techniques that are easy to learn, and even should you be successful in that, using them properly is a great deal more difficult. They require immense concentration and power. What makes you believe you have the necessary skills, little Sithling?”

zephre
Forgeticus!!

Post by zephre »

Razor pondered what Lord Xor had said, and how to best answer that. Presently, she did not have the skills to learn such a daunting skill set, nor time. She had a grasp of creating Illusion through the force, though she was not a master of as of yet. Both of the Gatekeepers, Her late master, and now Lord Xor had challenged her interest in the conjuring art. But it didnt mean that she couldnt be put on the path towards that goal.

"Lord Xor. You are correct, that presently I dont have the necessary skills to learn those disciplines properly. All I ask is to be put on a proper course to learn them. However, I can exhibit at least one of the prerequisites required, if you like.."

With that, she closed her eyes, and consentrated. She visualized the dark energies of the force enveloping her, Tendrils of dark side forming into a mask over her body. The force mask disolved into the body of the artist, Jan Marse whose mind she had invaded some time ago. She did not alter her clothing, as that was not her desire. She wanted to give a simple demonstration. It was exhausting, much like using a muscle that hadnt been touched in a very long time, as she had not been able to consentrate on such a level while under the thrall of her earlier self.

Razor wouldnt have been able to do this, but then again, she wasnt That Razor.. Not anymore.

But who was she now, then? The question bubbled into her mind again. Could she, or rather should she even reguard herself as that creature any longer.

SHe opened her eyes, showing and reguarded the Gatekeeper. "I have at least one of the Prerequsites to learn the discipline. I ask to know what would be the next to move closer towards that goal." she said, with the voice of the Artist. She wouldnt be able to hold it long, but hopefully, it would be effective. "I am that the path is long, but it is a path I am willing to follow.." and turned to Lord Sivter briefly. "..And my appologies for such a flagrant exhibition of power in your chambers, My Dark Master.."

kashus_Draith
I beat up Batman

Post by kashus_Draith »

Ravus was impressed at the determination and unpredictability the woman possessed, but if there was one thing Ravus was known for, it was his ability to be unpredictable too.
"So, we're referring to ourselves in the third person, eh, or is that just your second personality, Fiona?" Fiona cracked her laser whip at Ravus but instead of dodging the attack he allowed the woman's whip to rap around his lightsaber. As it did, he was able to stop the constant attack and charge the small woman. He thought about drop kicking Fiona but decided against it, after all, he couldn't hurt his new assistant. Instead, he manage to yank the laser whip from her and jump her. They both fell to the floor with Ravus on top of her, he just grinned sinisterly and licked the tip of Fiona's nose.
"Mm-mm! You do taste good, I thought so." Ravus cackled his disturbing laugh, letting some of his saliva to drip on Fiona's face. Fiona with her right foot launched Ravus over her head and landed on his back, he quickly recovered and rushed to his feet. He backed up far enough to stay out of reach from her whip and then shut off his lightsaber letting Fiona know that he was done with the fight.

"I think I had enough fun, don't you?" Ravus winked at Fiona as she made it to her feet.

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek »

“You have some skill,” Xor admitted as he crossed his arms, “but you are not yet ready to learn the techniques you’ve inquired about. When you can hold that mask for days at a time; when it becomes as natural to you as breathing to hold the illusion, then you will be ready to progress to the next level. Until then you are not worthy of my time.”

Abruptly Xor’s image disappeared and the holocron shut off, apparently finished with the interaction. At Sivter’s command, it floated to his hand.

“Such is the way of the gatekeepers, at least for the type of holocrons we Darksiders use,” he said to Razor. “They guard their secrets jealously from those they see as unworthy. It won’t respond to you any further today.” He smiled. “Just like with Masque, everything Xor knows, I do as well. Train yourself well, Razor, and soon Xor will tolerate your presence to teach you that which you desire.”

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

Fiona gritted her teeth together as she turned to face the man. He had switched off his weapon and was now intent on discontinuing but Fiona wasn't ready to call it quits just yet. She didn't bother summoning her whip to her hand as the dark sider was already out of reach of her weapon. Instead she held both her hands out in front of her and concentrated her will between them. Ever since her arrival on Arcanix her Force powers had been improving by leaps and bounds thanks to the help of the Sith library here in the temple. While she hadn't exactly managed to master the Force Lightning technique just yet she had found that she could still manipulate energy and form it into an attack. It was crude and easily dodged but at this range accuracy wouldn't matter.

In the space between her hands she formed an almost perfect sphere that was a mixture of electric and telekinetic energy. Then with a sudden twist of her body she reached back and threw it at him. The ball of lightning exploded against Ravus' chest and knocked him off his feet. He hit the ground hard and lay there on his back laughing with glee as the pain coursed through his body. In truth it was still a fairly weak attack but she had managed to pack enough energy into that sphere to give him quite the jolt.

With a sweet smile on her face she stood over him then and kicked him roughly in the side with her toe. "Now Fiona is done."
Last edited by Pryde on Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kashus_Draith
I beat up Batman

Post by kashus_Draith »

Ravus made no effort to get up, he knew his assistant didn't have what it took to take him down, or that is what he thought, but never the less he had a good view the woman's rack.
"Ooo, spunky! I like that." Ravus rolled backwards to his feet and shivered as the last of the electric shot dissipated from his body. "Now lets get down to business. We are tasked to hunt Brotherhood members, and luckily, I know where some are." Ravus took the lead as both exited the damaged barracks room. "Sivter was kind enough to give us a ship to do our bidding but frankly, it cramps my style." Ravus jokingly pops the collar on his stolen high class Coruscanti suit. "So as my new assistant, you have any preferred taste in ships that we can steal?"

zephre
Forgeticus!!

Post by zephre »

Mouse waited outside of the Dark Masters audience chambers with Raii Meriaz, the Masters bodyguard. As soon as She and Razor had arrived, they had been summoned before Master Sivter, to which she was stopped at the door by the Dark Knight allowing only Razor to enter. Whatever was happening, it was for her Master alone and she was not privy to it. What she found interesting was that the Masters own bodyguard was not invited to the meeting. There was a good reason for this, she was certain, as the Dark Master was not known for frivoloty. Mouse would ask what had transpired, of course, and Razor would tell her nothing. That was a given, so all she could do is stand by and wait.

She passed the time by meditating on what was ahead of her, and what her role would be in the future of the Cult of Shadow. Master Stone had passed her on to Razor for further training, which stemmed from her actions only a few days ago. Fighting the Horryrs successfully was exhilerating, and proved to herself she had worth to the cult. It proved to her that there was nothing she couldnt do, given need. One day, perhaps she could even guard the life of Master Sivter, as Raii did now. The bodyguard fascinated her. She was as beautiful as she had heard, and quite unique in appearance. There had been whisperes throughout the Training Cadre about Raii Meriaz. That she didnt utilize a lightsaber, choosing hard bladed swords over the classic weapon of the force users. At least she could confrim that, as the swords were amazing. THere had been talk that Raii had retired the Dark Lord Krine Skal, but that was only the talk of someone who had heard someone else talking about another persons overheard whispers. Seeing the woman now, though, she didnt doubt it for a moment. Definatly a woman to be admired.

Mouse realized she was staring at her, as she caught the womans grey eyes. Instantly, she looked away and down, embarressed. She had to stop doing that....

"Definatly a goal to be attained, that tollerance. In truth, My Master, Lord Xor helped more than perhaps he intended. The gatekeeper set me on a path. Increase my power and ability with the illusion techniques, until they become second nature." Razor stated. "Both Gatekeepers had recognized that I was not ready for such training as of yet, as I am sure you would have told me as well." she said, as she dropped the mask of the artist. She thought of the artist, Jan Marse a moment as she dropped the illusion. Truely a remarkable talent.

"The rewards you have bestowed on me are remarkable, and inspiring, my Master. Thank you." she stated. "I would still be that creature if not for yourself and the Cult of Shadow." she bowed, and considered a moment. "The Dark Knight Kale Stone in particular I feel must be mentioned. It was he that showed me the path that enabled me to mend myself.." she said. SHe hoped that the Umbaran would attain the Dark Lord rank that he desired, as he was a good ally to have..

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

Fiona turned her nose up at him and crossed her arms indignantly. "Fiona does not care which ship she flies, she is happy with just making people bleed," she replied and then she glanced at him out of the corner of her eye, "You know of people who can bleed so Fiona will follow. If you don't wish to bleed yourself then don't stand in Fiona's way."

kashus_Draith
I beat up Batman

Post by kashus_Draith »

Ravus raised his left cheek in a half smile as he watched Fiona take the lead. She can be rather boring. If she wont steal a ship with me then I guess we'll have to do with what we got. Ravus sighed as he watched the slender curves of Fiona's body sway back and forth as she walked down the dimly lit corridor. It isn't like there's any good ships to steal, anyways.

"Well then, I guess we'll make do with what he got, eh?" Fiona did not respond and it was rather expected from Ravus, he did not require a response. Though the last thing that Fiona said did trigger some old memories of him killing a bunch of security worker when he was moseying around in Nel Hutta after his escape from Ardum Prison.

Oh, there will be blood, I can guarantee that my young assistant. Ravus thought to himself as he lowered his head and smiled at Fiona, he even let out a chuckle.

"I guarantee there will be blood."

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Edict of Darkness

Post by Halomek »

“Kale Stone is to be commended for his work,” Sivter agreed, “but he will not receive the mantle of Dark Lord yet.” The Defel smiled. “Your thoughts can’t be hidden from me here, Razor. Achieving Dark Lord requires more than the rote of ceremony. The Cult of Shadow’s Dark Lords earn their titles when it becomes unarguably clear that remaining as Knights would be a disservice to them. Stone is skilled, and he is powerful, but I am not sufficiently impressed that he has ascended to the level of Dark Lord, though I believe he is close.”

Sivter brought his clawed hands together. “My Dark Lords are some of the most powerful in the galaxy precisely because their title in not easily obtained. In the Cult of Shadow, it is not a rank so much as it is a confirmation of their utter superiority over the rabble beneath them, both within the cult and without.”

zephre
Forgeticus!!

Post by zephre »

Razor nodded. "I understand, My Master. Thank you for addressing it." she said. She wished the Umbaran well, and put him out of her mind. She had other things to think of. The apprentice she left outside with Raii Meriaz. Hopefully, Mouse had done what she had instrusted...

Keep your eyes open and mouth shut...

Please keep your mouth shut...

Razor knew this would be a rare occurance, a face to face meeting with the Dark Master reguardless of her current assignment. She valued the Dark Masters advise, but was unsure whether or not to approach the subject, as it bordered on the frivilous. He had stated himself, she had experienced a rebirth, and she admitted that she was no longer the same Razor that he had met so many years ago.

In all actuallity, the name should mean nothing to her now. It is simply what she is called, and leave it at that.

"How else may I serve the Cult of Shadow, My Master.." she bowed.

kashus_Draith
I beat up Batman

Post by kashus_Draith »

So, Ravus had his own agenda eh. No matter, he is useless to me anyways, with his defiance and is lack of stability. Maybe Sivter should have disposed of him instead of letting the clown get his way. I should have disposed of him when he was just cultist. No matter, Rae will return soon and my plans will be back in order.

Vlad'druin walked from his desk where the holocron sat majestically to the bowing Disciple in the middle of his private quarters on the Cult's ship the Edict of Darkness. He gazed at the four Disciples with distaste. None of them were at the level that Rae'fear was at or even Ravus, but Vlad would have to make do. He was a professor before he joined the Cult of Shadow's, and he detested doing arduous work, so he depended on servants to do them. Rae'fear did them for the Dark Lord but he was not present at the time so here he was now, recruiting from the underlings.

At least they will be loyal. Humph, they yearn for advancement. Such pitiful rabble. As Vlad'druin looked the disciples' over, he realized there was one Arkanian full blood. I hate Arkanian's. Vlad looked at the white haired Arkanian with distaste. "Humph!" The Disciples quivered at the expression that Vlad made. The Arkanian thought he might be able to become a favorite because he was a fellow Arkanian. As a genetically enhanced one, I hate the pure bloods.

"Whoever kills this Arkanian first, gets a prize." Vlad'druin chuckles at the expression of the Arkanian Disciple. Sheer dread. I love it. The Verpine Disciple quickly takes out a dagger and jabs it in the Arkanian neck, letting the white eyed bleed do death on the floor. After a second of shaking and gargling on his own blood the Arkanian Disciple stops moving and lays motionless on the floor. Vlad'druin walks up to the Verpine. "Consider yourself a Knight under my command." Vlad turns his head to the other two Disciples and gestures to them. "Verpine, you'll be in charge of them."

<<Yes, my Lord.>> The Verpine bows diligently.

"Now clean this mess up." The three bow and quickly get started cleaning up the mess. Vlad turns back to his desk and grabs the holocron and heads towards the door, he motions for the Verpine to accompany him as he exits the room.

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek »

Sivter smiled again. “You are wise to keep what preoccupies your mind to yourself, but as I said, nothing is hidden from me here. I will indulge in answering this as I don’t wish you to dwell on such a simple matter once we depart.”

“A name is simultaneously weak and a source of power, Razor. It can mean nothing, or it can mean everything. It is quite common for Darksiders to choose new names to signify their superiority over the weaker versions of themselves that they used to be. Masque himself, as I’m sure you’re aware, used numerous names during his life.” He paused. “Others, like myself, retain the name they were given at birth. I do so because I have never been reborn - I’ve had no need of it. My power and knowledge may have grown considerably since my youth, but my soul has always been dark; my mind always cunning; and my goal always the same.”

Sivter stood from his throne and slowly approached Razor. “My name carries power. The galaxy trembles at it and my enemies curse it. When this body I inhabit ceases to fulfill my requirements, I may choose a new name, but for now Sivter is more feared than any other, so it remains.” He stopped in front of her. “Consider my words carefully. You are not the Razor I first encountered many years ago, this is true, but the name still carries power with certain people. The real question you must ask yourself is whether the new name you pick, should you do so, will carry more power than your old one. If not, then you should remain as Razor.”

zephre
Forgeticus!!

Post by zephre »

She heard the Dark Masters words.

No, she felt them...

The name was connected with the creature that at one time dominated her personallity. When she was a child, she created her special friend, who would do the deeds that she herself didnt have the backbone to do herself, where she could hide from the horrid things that no child should have to contend with. That aspect of her was given the name after the favored weapon that she would use, the strait razor that she had found in the freshers. From then on, She was Razor. Lord Masque had used the name Razor for her when they were at large in the galaxy, choosing the more familier Fei when in private.

But now, the name meant much more. Lord Sivter was correct, there were people who would hear the name Razor and feel fear. Granted, time had passed, and the name had lost much of its sting, but now, with her sharp mind she could use that more to her advantage. The Creature couldnt have pulled up the Force Illusion. Only now, when she was once again whole, did she have the presence of mind.

Her mind, sharp as a Razor.

THe woman looked up at Sivter. "Point well taken, My Master, and you are correct, there is no reason to dwell on the matter.." she said, and bowed her head "Razor will continue to be at your service." and raised and eyebrow. I think that will be the last time I refer to myself in the third person. It sounded horrid Razor thought to herself.

She felt a slight tremor from beyond the doors. Her 'apprentice' was about to do somthing monumentally foolish. A simple urge eminated from Mouse..

Attempt to strike a conversation with Raii Meriaz

She had no doubt that Master Sivter felt it as well, since he knew all of what happend within the Cult of Shadows, from the Inner Circle Lords to the lowley disciples. The kid was young, granted, but she was given simple instruction. Mouth Shut, Eyes open.

..Which Razor was pleased to sense that Mouse had heeded them, as her young charge fought the urge off. The girl had remained silent.

Razor looked to the Defel. "She can follow orders, My little Mouse.." she said. "My thought was to teach her simularly as Lord Masque taught me, unless you have some advise on the matter, my Master..."

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek »

“In the end, all I ask for from those who serve me is their absolute obedience,” Sivter said to her. “Train Mouse how you wish. Do to her as you wish. As long as my will is obeyed, I see no reason to meddle in such things. Part of what makes the Cult of Shadow so powerful, Razor, is that I allow my minions to discover for themselves how best to grow. Those that can teach themselves become stronger, more self-reliant, and consequently prove to be a bigger threat to our enemies because of it.”

“You may depart,” he added before she could say anything. “Masque saw greatness in you. I see it as well. You have yet to reach your full potential, but you are progressing nicely. Continue on your current path and soon your power will be undeniable.”

zephre
Forgeticus!!

Post by zephre »

Razor smiled. "Thank you for the Audience, My Dark Master. Good Evening."

Taking three steps back and bowed deeply, she exited the chambers of the Dark Master Sivter. The doors opened as she approached them, and entered the passageway, leaving Master Sivter to himself.

In the passageway, Raii Meiaz and Mouse waited for the meeting to be completed. Razor reguarded Raii a short, but respectfull nod, and motioned for Mouse to follow her. Mouse gave likewise gave Raii a nod, and rushed to follow her master. The younger woman fell into step beside Razor as they moved through the Edict of Darkness. "All went well, Master?" Mouse asked.

Razor looked to her. "Nothing for you to concern yourself with." She said simply. "Your next stage of training will begin in the morning, so once we get our stateroom, I would suggest resting. Your going to have a very busy day tomorrow..."

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek »

Soon the preparations were completed and nothing remained to delay the departure of the Edict of Darkness. The massive ship made its way through the debris field of the Arcanix system. The thick cosmic dust and gases, and the floating remains of shattered proto-planets that littered the system made navigation difficult, especially for a ship 6,000 meters in length, but it had two things working in its favor.

The first was the Force. The second was another of Sivter’s ambitious long-term projects. Labor Lords and their drones were working tirelessly to attach sensors and engines to these ship hazards, allowing the dangerous chunks of rock to alter their course away from the Edict. Conversely, these same sensors would redirect the rock into the path of a ship not affiliated with the Cult of Shadow.

Owing to the huge number of debris within the system, currently only a tiny percentage of the rocks were altered in this way; mostly centered around Arcanix itself; but the percentage was continually increasing. And while the total percentage itself was small, the number of rocks altered was actually quite large.

After a few hours of careful sublight travel, the Edict finally emerged from the system unscathed and entered hyperspace.

The destination: Yavin IV.

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek »

OOC: Now that Kash seems to be back, let’s get this going again…

IC: The Edict of Darkness wasn’t menaced when it exited hyperspace outside of the planet Yavin’s gravity well. Although the sight of one of the most famous battles in the Galactic Civil War, the system was deserted now. Rumor had it that Luke Skywalker had tried to rebuild the Jedi Order on the moon of Yavin IV, but had been forced to abandon those designs after the Empire retook the system.

So it was only the blood-red eye of the gas giant itself that greeted the starship. The scouts hadn’t even detected a listening post. As far as the Empire was concerned, there was nothing of value here, just some old ruins, and the occasional foolish prospector trying to fish for corusca gems. Certainly nothing worth a permanent presence, just the occasional patrol.

“Launch the fighters,” Mogon ordered. “Have them sweep the system and destroy any other ship they come across. No one can be allowed to know of our presence here.”

Sivter remained seated in the command chair as he allowed the cult’s supreme commander to handle the more mundane duties. Instead he hit the comlink button. “Summon Vlad’druin and tell him we’ve arrived. I want him on the bridge.”

zephre
Forgeticus!!

Post by zephre »

The Dark Knight Mouse was deep in meditation as she felt the presence enter the meditation chamber. Her ribs were still bruised from the last training session that she had endured from her Master. What she was surprised to learn was how quickly she was absorbing the lessons, almost in leaps and bounds. Her Master had called her a sponge, able to take the rapid drills and excersices that Razor constantly pushed her. The Attack that she expected didn't come, however...

"Get up.." Razor said behind her. "And ready yourself."

Mouse stood, and turned, giving her a bow. "What is your bidding.."

"Yeah, Yeah.. " the older woman said, "Your going on a mission."

A thrill ran up her spine. "Where are we going, Master.." Razor shook her head. "Not we, you. I have business here, so your going with the Expeditionary force to be my eyes, understand? I will be down shortly after that."

Mouse nodded. "I see.." she said, pausing. "Do you think I'm ready to go on my own?"

Razor crossed her arms, with that look that Mouse hated more than anything. "Lets put it this way. Your either ready, or your dead. Which would you prefer.."

Mouse smiled. "I'm Ready.."

kashus_Draith
I beat up Batman

Post by kashus_Draith »

Vlad’druin was roaming the halls’ of the ship when he was interrupted by a ship crew.

“My Lord, we have arrived at Yavin.” The servant bowed.

“Good.” Vlad had a pleased expression when the ship crew informed him of the arrival of Yavin.

“Also, Sivter has sent for you, he wants you to accompany him on the bridge.” Vlad's pleased look faded when he heard that Sivter had sent for him.

“Very well, lead the way, Disciple.” Vlad turned his attention to his new Verpine bodyguard. “Come, follow me.”

<<Yes my Lord.>>

It only took a few minutes for the three to make it to the bridge of the Edict of Darkness, and as they entered Vlad’druin saw his most benevolent master sitting at the command chair staring at the small green moon. Vlad squeezed the holocron in his hand tightly as he took his place beside his master.

“How may I be of service to you my Lord?” Vlad’druin bowed to Sivter until he motioned for Vlad to rise. The Verpine mimicked his masters movements as he stayed by Vlad’s side.

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek »

Sivter pressed a button to bring up a topographic scan of the moon’s surface, the various temples were highlighted in yellow. “Kun’s legacy dots this jungle everywhere. Where would you suggest the holocron is being hidden? It must be somewhere unexpected, otherwise it would have been discovered before now.”

kashus_Draith
I beat up Batman

Post by kashus_Draith »

"I've studied what I could with the holocron and it keeps giving me the same riddle but after a full nights research in what scrolls I do have on it. I was able to discover a set of numbers in one of the Necromonus scrolls. The set of numbers are three, six, five, and three. I believe these are longitude and latitude coordinates. Thirty-six degrees longitude and fifty-three degrees latitude."

(OOC: I believe we should switch over to HoD before landing on the planet.)

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek »

OOC: We’ll do so shortly…

IC: Sivter nodded. “It is the most likely solution.”

He pressed a button and a red “X” appeared over the map at those coordinates. The import of Sivter’s actions, while subtle, were not lost on the Arkanian Dark Lord. The Defel hadn’t entered in any coordinates. All he had done was retrieve previously entered data. Somehow Sivter had known the answer already. This had merely been a test to see what Vlad’druin would say.

If the Dark Lord had tried to deceive Sivter by giving false coordinates… the cult would have had one less member…

“An interesting location to store the holocron, is it not, Vlad’druin?” Sivter asked without looking at him. It was a question that didn’t require an answer. “This moon was the place of Kun’s greatest power and his ultimate downfall. He was betrayed by his own apprentice and, in the end, because he was blinded by his own arrogant belief of superiority, he was destroyed by it. It is a lesson Darksiders still have trouble learning today; but one to always be mindful of.”

“Teams one through four have launched, my lord,” Mogon reported.

Sivter nodded. “You’ll be investigating the most likely set of coordinates, Lord Vlad’druin, but I am nothing if not thorough. I also plan to acquire some other things I wasn’t able to bring with me during my last trip. You may report down to the docking-bay. Lord Nan is expecting you. Because of its importance, he’ll be nominally in charge of the operation, but you’ll be making the decisions about where to search.”

kashus_Draith
I beat up Batman

Post by kashus_Draith »

"Your will is my command my-" Vlad coughed violently in front of his master and everyone else that was present on the bridge of the Edict of Darkness. Everyone was already aware of Vlad's chronic coughing and wheezing, it was a byproduct of his man made biology. Vlad was a biologically engineered Arkanian with some mishaps. Without the assists of Sith alchemy, Vlad would have died a long time ago, but luckily for him, he is a skilled student of the black arts of Sith science.
"Forgive me for my misfortunes my Lord; I will do as you ask." Sivter bowed to the Defel and exited the bridge with his new Dark Knight trailing behind him.

The small shuttle departed from the Cult ship and made its way to the green moon. The large red haze from Yavin shined through the view port of the small Cult shuttle as it made its descent through the moons outer atmosphere.

“One harbinger of death for my Lord and a plague for the rest of us. May the hunt for the Necromonus begin." Vlad muttered aloud in the Cult shuttle.

(OOC: Alright, I’ll double post this for the HoD thread, so everyone that is a part of the hunt post in the HoD thread.)

kashus_Draith
I beat up Batman

Post by kashus_Draith »

Darkness developed the small snub-fighter as it dropped out of lightspeed. Rae’fear’s fighter laid on the outskirts of what looked like a great battle once took place there, but none did. It was the work of the ancient Sith weapon that caused all these ships to gather in the dead system. No hope to escape the grip that the once great weapon held these ships here, but now, that very weapon that held those ships was no more. Rae’fear had expected himself to get sucked in by that weapon but when he traveled close to the star system and nothing happen, he had his answer that he was sent to find. The Brotherhood was successful in their endeavors to procure the second artifact.

A red light flashed on Rae’fear’s consul, alerting him that he was being targeted by laser targeting computers. In response, Rae’fear push down on the peddle and ignited the engine to his fighter and rocketed forward. Blue and white lasers shot through the open space where Rae’fear once was. The enemy fighters were trying to knock out his shields and hopefully knockout his engines, but they’ll have to try harder if they were going to take Rae’fear down.

The two enemy fighters came up behind Rae’fear’s fighter and opened up another volley of ion lasers but missed as Rae’fear rocked the fighter back and forth, dodging the laser fire. Rae’fear had already accomplished his mission by gaining the intel he needed for the Cult of Shadow, but he decided to make the Brotherhood pay for such desecration of a Sith world. Just the very thought of an ancient Sith holocron in the hands of the Brotherhood made his blood boil and he wanted to make them pay. Rae’fear did a corkscrew downward into the ship graveyard where he hoped to lose his poseurs and hopefully kill some of them. Small bits of ship debris tinged off of Rae’fears fighter as he weaved in and out of wrecked ships, but Rae’fears hope to shake the two Brotherhood fighters was not met as the two fighter kept toe to toe with his maneuvers’. So he put more power to the engines. Rae’fears fighter was now going through the ship graveyard at unsafe speeds with the Brotherhood fighters beginning to have trouble keeping up with him. One of the fighters broke off his pursuit and headed back up out of the debris field, but the second fighter kept its pursuit.

The laser fire changed from blue and white laser fire to red and green laser as the Brotherhood fighter gave up trying to disable the enemy fighter. Rae’fear just grinned at the change as he rolled to the side to dodge a huge chunk of what looked to be part of a colony ship. Rae’fear maneuvered his fighter into another dive but this time it was sharper and twice as fast. The Brotherhood fighter had trouble turning into the dive and was too wide and clipped a large piece of debris, causing it to spin uncontrollably and finally crashing up against a derelict ship.

“One down.” Rae’fear knew they must’ve had a larger shuttle present in the system so he shifted power from his engines to his scanners in hope to pick up the ship. After an hour of looking, Rae’fear finally found the ship he was looking for on the far side of the planet. It was a Nebulon-B frigate with a Corellian-class Corvette in escort. Rae’fear knew that he might not be able to destroy the ship in one pass but he wanted to leave a mark to remember him by. So Rae’fear switched his weapons to proton torpedoes and approached the ship from the ship graveyard side. Rae’fear hoped that his fighter’s signature be distorted by the large debris field, allowing him to get close without taking firing.

After getting close enough to the Nebulon-B frigate, he set his targeting computer on and aimed it right at the portside engines. After turning on his targeting computer the two ships spotted him and began firing toward his general area. Rae’fear put all power to forward shields and engines and rocketed toward the Nebulon-B rear side. Laser fire splashed against his shields as he came in hard at the frigate. He now was in perfect alignment for a good sweeping past at the engines. When his targeting computer ring with a lock, Rae’fear pulled down onto the trigger and fired three of his four proton torpedoes. As the torpedoes were away, he began his steady clime up and out of laser fire of the frigate and the Corellain Corvette. The three torpedoes hit and caused major damage to the port side engines, but just as he did, the second Brotherhood fighter emerged behind him and fired off a large volley of laser fire. The Brotherhood fighter knocked out Rae’fear’s rear shields and causes some hull damage to his aft side of his fighter. The damage was minimal but Rae’fear was caught off guard by the enemy fighter’s sudden attack. He had to admit, for the fighter to land a blow against Rae’fear in a fight was impressive. Not many if any were able to do so; he had figured the fighter pilot of that particular craft had to be a Force sensitive. Rae’fear already had his coordinance type in hand as soon as he cleared the debris field he engaged his hyperdrive generator and blasted off into hyperspace. Rae’fear would make his way back to the Edict of Darkness.

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Some Time Later...

Post by Halomek »

The Edict of Darkness didn’t return to Arcanix after the cult’s victory on Necroa Prime. Instead it jumped to a dead area of space to wait for Sivter’s next move. The Jedi would be given time to lick their wounds and let the weight of their defeat haunt them in the days to come. The War of Darkness was not just about physical battles, it was also about mental ones.

Only with the right manipulation would the Dark Side grow to dominance in the galaxy.

And Sivter was already working on another plan with a very special prisoner. Caitlyn DeVries, former apprentice of Kalja Leidias, was currently bound to a wall in Sivter’s private chamber. The lights were just bright enough to give the Human the ability to see Sivter’s form.

The Defel placed one clawed hand on Caitlyn’s forehead. She had slipped into unconsciousness after overexerting herself against Crix. It was time to bring her out of it. “Awake,” he commanded.

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

Caitlyn awoke with a start in unfamiliar surroundings. Her hands were bound but that didn't register in her mind at first as her eyes searched her new surroundings. I'm not dead, she asked herself quietly with a mixture of surprise and elation and then her eyes settled on the form of Sivter and immediately her heart sank, but I'm probably going to wish I was.

"I guess you're Sivter," she said aloud, trying her best to quell her rising fear, "Funny, with everything I've heard about you I always thought you would be taller."

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek »

“And you’re exactly what I expected,” Sivter countered easily. “A big show of attitude and bluster to try and hide your fear and justify your misguided loyalty to the Jedi Order, but you can’t deceive me.” He grinned coldly. “I know you better than you know yourself, Caitlyn DeVries. I’ve seen your destiny and it belongs to the Dark Side.”

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

"Says you," Caitlyn shot back, "And who are you to talk to me about being afraid? You're the one who's afraid! Afraid of my master, that's why you took her powers away. You're afraid of what she'll do to you when she finds you!"

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek »

“Fear is an essential part of the Dark Side,” Sivter agreed as he folded his hands behind his back. “Only the arrogant and the foolish ignore their fears. I’ve seen what Kalja can do when sufficiently provoked – been on the receiving end of it – so I have good cause to fear her. Rather than cower though, I took steps to conquer my fear. No problem is without a solution.”

He raised his index finger and wagged it at Caitlyn as if she were an errant student. “You’re wrong in one respect though: Kalja is not your master. Not anymore. She abandoned you. In fact, what has she done other than offer you a few trite promises before running off in secret with her boyfriend? She didn’t even set you up with a new master before disappearing.”

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

"I--," she started and then she averted her eyes, "that's not how it happened."

Sivter was right, Kalja did abandon her but even now some part of her still didn't want to admit it. Though she tried to mean it her words were completely devoid of any conviction and were little more than empty denial. Kalja left her to this fate, she should have known this would happen. She should have tried to protect her but she didn't. The minute her boyfriend came back into her life she abandoned them, her and Akain, and now look what's happened. Akain was on his way to the dark side and Caitlyn would probably soon follow.

Halomek
Master of the Ninja Post

Post by Halomek »

Sivter laughed harshly. “Of course that’s how it happened! That’s how it always happens with you, Caitlyn. Your mind isn’t protected against me. I know your past. I’ve read your most private thoughts. Everyone abandons you and like some sniveling dog, you accept it every time. It’s no wonder why they all leave you. Not even your real father could be bothered to have anything to do with you.”

“I probably would have done the galaxy a favor if I had let Crix flatten your skull, but I decided you were worth saving, so I spared your life.” Sivter’s red eyes narrowed. “Contrary to what Tulsar might have you believe, this isn’t personal to me. I have no vendetta against the Jedi or anyone else. All I’m trying to do is open people’s eyes to the truth - that the Dark Side is superior and the Light Side is a flawed concept; doomed to extinction.”

“The Cult of Shadow can show you how to take control of your life, Caitlyn. Never again will you be the one who suffers. You’ll never feel helpless again.” With a gesture from Sivter, the restraints holding Caitlyn opened. “If you discard the authoritarian restrictions the Jedi have tried to brainwash you with, I can show you the path to more power than you've ever dreamed possible.”

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

When the restraints opened Caitlyn dropped free from them then slumped against the wall. "Why bother," she muttered as she slid to the floor, "The Cult would just abandon me too. I'm better off on my own, I don't need you or anybody!"

As tempted as she was by Sivter's offer she couldn't allow herself to succumb. The dark side was evil incarnate and if she allowed herself to fall she would soon end up fighting the people she loved. Kalja, Tulsar, little Salvatore and even Akain, it wouldn't matter to her if she killed them or they her for she was certain this conflict could only end in one way. As painful as it was to hear those words from Sivter's mouth she just couldn't allow herself to betray her family. I will not turn against them... I will not!