How about another D&D thread? (A good idea! Read it!)

If your thread needs an OOC thread as well, put it here.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Wise-Ass

How about another D&D thread? (A good idea! Read it!)

Post by ValynDyral »

Firstly, it's 6 AM and I haven't slept so forgive me if this isn't completely plausible and/or coherent. But in any case, here's me idea:

I was thinking of trying out a D&D/Forgotten Realms thread. But whereas others have been either relatively low-level or of a modest scale, this one will be notable more epic, with characters starting around level 8 or so.

I'm not sure if any of you folks are familiar with the Fey'ri, or Daemonfey. Here's a link to some info regarding them, but if you're not in the mood to read all that, a brief history (copied from that site) follows:

The original daemonfey were members of House Dlardrageth, proud but politically ambitious families of sun elves who dwelled nearly six thousand years ago in the area that would one day become known as Cormanthor. The members of the house trafficked with demons as a means of gaining power, and they believed that they could strengthen their bloodline by mingling it with the infernal. The children born of such unions were indeed powerful, and became skilled sorcerers as well. When their fellow elves learned of these horrifying activities, they destroyed House Dlardrageth. A few survivors escaped and fled into hiding.

Centuries later elven mages discovered the remaining half-fiends, who fought desperately to save themselves but could not prevail against the forces arrayed against them. The mages imprisoned the handful of survivors of this assault in a magical prison that confined them for millennia. While they remained in a state of near-slumber, a few lesser sun elf houses decided to follow House Dlardrageth's example. Their children were likewise set upon by outraged elves and either killed or imprisoned by elven mages.

The destruction of Hellgate Keep in 1369 DR freed the original members of House Dlardrageth from their centuries-old prisons. They in turn freed the descendants of the lesser houses, who had interbred with succubi and incubi to create a race of sun elf tieflings known as fey'ri, and adopted them into House Dlardrageth.

Basically, the reformed House Dlardrageth is based in a secret lair in the Silver Marches, as their leader, the Countess Sarya Dlardrageth, scouts Faerun, abducts Sun Elves to breed with demons and make more Daemonfey, and searches around for potential allies.

My story is as follows:

Sarya's search yields results when she discovers the Shades of the Anauroch Desert. The sole survivors of the once-great Netheril Empire are now as evil as the Daemonfey themeselves, and it isn't altogether too difficult for Sarya to get the Archwizards of Shade to agree to an alliance for their mutual benefit. House Dlardrageth seeks the annihilation of elves for their actions towards the Fey'ri/Half-fiends, and Shade's Shadowmagi see the Elves as their most direct rivals, as Elven High Magic and those who practice it are among the most potent arcane forces on Toril and the Multiverse in general. Now, three years have passed since the alliance was first forged, and House Dlardrageth and the Shades are on the eve of making their first move.

This alliance will have disastrous effects on all of Faerun, unless something is done.

...I'm thinking that the players can get together at the site of the first attack by the fell alliance. They might put up a valiant fight, but the combined might of the enemy in this first, decisive action should be altogether too much for the Heroes (and everyone else present in the city we decide upon) to overcome.

So everyone flees, and holds a council of war or somesuch. I foresee a lot of really cool stuff going on in this thread, including but not limited to: Ancient and powerful magic and interaction with famous NPCs/Proxies/Even Gods, travel to other Planes in search of power/help/the secret to defeating the enemy, the Players leading massive cavalry charges and otherwise commanding armies or being caught up in huge battles (this is an epic, Faerun-spanning threat and it is profoundly unlikely no one but a few adventurers will be involved), and lots of comedy because frankly, a dead serious thread is a rather boring one.

I have no problem with players playing nonregular (Tieflings, Aasimar, Genasi) races, as long as they have a reason for being involved. I.E., the Drow will probably not have any reason to be involved, at least in the beginning. IF you're really itching to play a Fey'ri or Shade, then that's cool too, though you must have a sufficient motivation for them to be on the opposing side. For example, I plan on playing a Fey'ri of House Dlardrageth who simply deserted his House and Countess because he's convinced her plan will end in ruin, and he wants to be on the winning side, thus securing his role as Leader of whatever Fey'ri survive the eventual destruction of House Dlardrageth. It also doesn't help him that he hates the Netherillian wizards for their utter and foul abuse of magic (elves have long memory) before their downfall, and refuses to work with them. He's not good, he's simply shrewd.

The fact of the matter is that I expect people to wanna play exceptional characters. And when you're roleplaying, you're doing it to challenge the mediocrity that so often comprises real life, so I really have no problem with people wanting to be special. If 99% of Faerun are ordinary folk, then it won't be too terrible for the 5 or 6 or however many of us to RP characters that are simply a cut above. I mean, we will be the Heroes, and this will be an epic campaign, right? That said, if you wanna play your average human barbarian or halfling rogue, that's fine too. Totally up to you.

So yeah. I recall that Pryde and XFiend typically involve themeselves a lot in Forgotten Realms threads, and I'd be honored to have both of you guys aboard. But everybody else who's interested in the setting is welcome too.

*hopes that his idea's well-recieved*
The Adminerator

Post by Jagtai »

Sounds like a good idea. I've been itching for a thread to participate in, and this seems right up my alley.

So, if you'll have me, I'm in.

I'll get back to you on what character I'll play, but possibly it'll be a tiefling.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." - Bilbo Baggins
From madness comes wisdom, and from wisdom comes power.
"I'm convinced you're secretly a British Spy" - Mir

My characters
Man of Many Handles

Post by Alastar »

Well, well, well. As my first post joining on pretty well jumping back into the foray from my long absence, I'd be liking to joins this thread, of course, if you'll have me.

As Jagtai said, I'll have to get back with you on the characters.
"Your my enemy tonight...but even enemies can show respect"
-King Priam
Gonzo Bodhisattva

Well, since you mentioned it.

Post by xfiend1013 »

Yeah, I wanna join in.

I'm imagining the character as a odd little gnomish rogue-tinkerer, one of the gnome "subraces" that you can find in the planes, they're particularly suited to tinkering and crafting, but I can't remember what they're called.... Maybe some internet research is necessary. It'll have to wait.

But yeah, a twisted rogue-wizard with lots of gadgets and weapons and a few spells - seems like a fun enough guy, but unfortunately he's going to be somewhat insane, methinks.

I think I'll call him Sandakin.
Like what I write? I can fix that. Visit my website.

FOLLOW ME! (On twitter)
80% Man, 10% Hard Liquor, 10% Beer

Post by Ryo Kasyk »

I would definitely be into playing a character in this story, if you would have me. I would definitely have to read up on the FR background, but I don't believe that would be too hard. As everyone else said, a character will be forthcoming,if you'd allow me to rp in the story.
Snowmobiler Extraordinaire

Post by JadeKyle »

I would like to join as well, maybe some type of cleric or monk I will look into it.
Wise-Ass

Post by ValynDyral »

This is an open thread, so as long as you're a decent writer (and I have no reason to believe any of you aren't), you're more'n welcome in here.

All I ask is that you excersize restraint and sanity with your characters. We're RPing heroes, yes, and if you choose it to be so, then they'll be rather extraordinary. But keep it modest, too. Your character can be as cool as you want, but all people have weaknesses, and layers, and all level 8 characters will die in under thirty seconds if faced by an irritable dragon.

That's five takers so far, not including myself. So I'm thinking I'll take only one or two more before this is closed off.

I'll post my character shortly. If you feel the need to make a fully fleshed out charsheet and roll dice for your actions, then that's fine, but if you only wanna make an abbreviated one just so you have a sense of who your character is, then that's fine too as this is a fairly freeform sort of RP. Oh, and Ryo, [url=vhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forgotten_Realms]here's some info on Forgotten Realms[/url].

Welcome aboard, all.
Man of Many Handles

Post by Alastar »

A couple of questions first though.

Whats a Genasi and a Aasimar? I haven't heard of them before. I know know of FR stuff from the Baldurs Gate series, and some from Pool of Radiance, but thats about my knowledge. So will we be somewhat in a party like such, and be doing major and minor quests or sub-quests?

And if lets say I wanted to be a Drow would I have to wait until there brought in?

Also for the charsheet and roll, would that be like what the characters strength, dexterity, etc would be?

Other then that the site you have down doesn't work :P
-King Priam
Wise-Ass

Post by ValynDyral »

Yeah, I mistyped the url.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forgotten_Realms

There ye are.

Tieflings/Aasimar/Genasi are Planetouched. Basically, they have the blood of a planar (Fiendish, Celestial, Elemental) of some brand in their ancestry. They have modifed stat adjustments as a result, and typically show physical signs (horns, wings, scales, etc.) of their heritage. I wouldn't recommend playing such a character if you're not familiar with them...there's a lot of information to take in and frankly, once you get over the novelty they're not necessarily cooler than any of the standard races.

With regards to the Drow, it's like I said before. Play one, if you can find a good reason for one to be there. I simply stated that the drow specifically wouldn't be present because I can't reasonably think of a cause for them to be involved that's not a stretch....The drow live in the Underdark, the Drow hate elves and elves hate drow but the Drow love demons and demonkin (Daemonfey included) so they would probably, if they were involved at all, be on the antagonistic side.

Also, there's the fact that I'm sick and tired of Drow personally. Everybody plays a [good] drow. The Drow are evil, they're sadistic and they rape women then lovingly rip the babies out of their wombs and force the women to eat them. And yet everybody chooses to play good drow.

Drizzt Du'orden is the exception, not the rule.

That said, I'd really, personally appreciate it if folks stayed away from good drow, if you insist on playing one of them at all. It'd make me happy if this thread never saw a single Drow though, to be honest. They're boring and way too overused. Not to mention that if you RPed a Drow, you'd have no fun at all because whenever the party went into town, you'd have to stay outside and hang out by yourself (since Faerunites typically kill Drow on sight).

...Now on the subject of how this would be run...I hate quests. The whole notion of "Do this for me, so I give you this item and the story progresses thusly!" is to my mind trite, worn out and entirely unenjoyable. So there will be few, if any actual quests involved in this thread unless your character engages himself in some sidequest type action of his own. The story will not be a linear progression of quests. It'll be an open-ended attempt to defeat the Daemonfey and Shades, occasionally guided either IC or OOC by me to keep things fun and fresh and give us some direction.

The players will obviously be travelling together so I suppose it does constitute a party, but I'm doing away with the notion of there having to be a thief, and having to be a healer, and having to be a tank, and a mage, and such. Just play your character and fall in with the rest of us.

As for the Character sheets, yeah. Roll numbers if you want to, if you don't, then it's not necessary. I'm not a DM and we're not strictly playing DnD, so much as just roleplaying in the Forgotten Realms universe.

Also, on the whole notion to likening this to Pool of Radiance or Baldur's Gate....this isn't a game. It's a story, with a lot of writers. So don't try to 'win'. Please. If the story will just be significantly improved by the Fey'ri winning, then why not let the Fey'ri win?
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

I'd like to throw my hand in with a rogue-type character, if you don't mind.
"Ol' Doc doesn't hide, he hibernates." -- Doc, Star Wars: The Old Republic

"What do you call it when you kill someone and take all their stuff?"
"Adventuring!" -- Tallis and Hawke, Dragon Age 2.
Man of Many Handles

Post by Alastar »

I was implying the Baldurs Gate and whatnot Valyn to my knowledge on the FR really, thats all.

Alos I have already figured out the character I'd like to use, fits the idea of the storyline and whatnot pretty good, good vs evil idea, a Cleric of Helm or Lathander.
-King Priam
Wise-Ass

Post by ValynDyral »

In the interest of amending my previous post, I'd like to say that I didn't imply that the Fey'ri had to win. Only that if that's what ends up happening, then that's what ends up happening.

Welcome aboard, Pryde.

Here's my character. Feel free to model your charsheet/bio after the template I'm using, or do something more or less comprehensive as you see fit.

Name: Baelfir Dlardrageth
Age: 812 (604 years of which were spent in magical imprisonement. During this time Baelfir was in stasis. He has no memory of this period of his life, only the period immediately before his banishment and then when he was freed by the half-fiends of House Dlardrageth. If he could remember what he dreamed during his long slumber, he would remember constant, recurring pangs of agony, misery, guilt, and similarly inspired dreams in which images of all the Elves who betrayed him, and all the Elves that he killed came before his mind time and time again).
Appearance: Baelfir appears, in a very basic sense, as a sun elf of darkly elegant beauty. His skin is bronzed, his hair a curtain of brown with naturally occuring off-black lowlights. But apart from these enviable features, he bears numerous physicalities that would revolt most good-hearted folk. His eyes are a deep, blood hue of red. A massive pair of leathery, demonic wings sprout from his back, adorned with curving talons at their peak. From where the wings meet his torso, miniscule red scales spread outward, covering much of his back and shoulders. His hands end not in fingers but in claws. Perhaps interestingly, Baelfir lacks the tail typically sported by other Fey'ri. Whether this is simply a genetic mutation or the result of something less random, he either does not know or will not say.
Class: Fighter5/Sorcerer3
Stats -
STR: 18
DEX: 12
CON: 10
WIS: 10
INT: 12
CHA: 15
Hitpoints: 54
Feats:
-All Armor and Shield Proficiencies
-Blind Fight
-Combat Casting
-Knockdown
-Spell Penetration
-Martial, Elven and Simple Weapon Proficiencies
-Weapon Focus (Longsword)
-Weapon Proficiency (Longsword)
Skill Focuses: Concentration, Discipline, Spellcraft, Knowledge (Arcane), Knowledge (Elven History). Fey'ri also recieve a +2 racial bonus to Bluff, Hide, LIsten, Search, and Spot checks, so Baelfir has a very mild capability with these skills as well.

Spells/Per day:
0 (5/day) -
Detect Magic
Read Magic
Prestidigitation
Mending
Flare

1 (4/day) -
Mage Armor
True Strike
Magic Weapon

Racial Abilites:
-Charm Person 1/Day
-Fire Resistance 10
-When in natural form, Damage Reduction 10 (On scale-covered areas only)
-Darkness 1/Day
- +2 Racial bonus on saves against electricity
- +2 Racial bonus on saves against poison
-Sleeplessness (Elven trait. Elves do not sleep, and as such are immune to related spells and effects)
- +2 Bonus on saves against enchantment spells or effects (Again, an elven racial bonus)
-Low-light vision
-Alternate Form: Fey'ri can change their shape at will, like their succubus and incubus ancestors. They may assume any shape so long as it approximates their own height and weight, and is humanoid in appearance. Baelfir's favored alternate form, in which he spends much of his time, is that of a beautiful gold elf who basically resembles him identically, minus the vestiges of demonic heritage. He can and has, however, often assumed human or half-elven form in order to confuse or trick his enemies, or earn their trust.

Inventory:
-Ancient Elven Chainmail - A noble in an elven house at a time before the modern era when elves were both more populous and more influential in Faerun, Baelfir had access to the finest Elven metalcraft. This elegant, silvered suit of chainmail is in places stained black and red for aesthetic appeal. The quality of its make and the material of its construction lend it a +1 AC bonus.
-Black cloak - This entirely unmagical cloak is nonetheless of such fine material and unmarred, perfect make, that if Baelfir were to wear it he would be readily identified as a member of the nobility or wealthy merchant class.
-Stone amulet - Baelfir wears a small, thumbnail-sized chunk of rubble from his former prison on a simple silver necklace. His motivations for this are unclear, but it is perhaps possible that some vestige of the agony and guilt he endured during his long incarceration subliminally lingers and compels him to wear this albatross around his neck. He very rarely removes it. The stone is entirely unremarkable and can only be identified by the use of a powerful spell for the discernment of origin.
-Longsword Hiriath - Baelfir's prized possession. This incredibly elegant sword is forged of a black metal. The blade is 3-and-a-half feet long, narrow, double edged, and tapers to a deadly point. The handle is wrapped in cured black suede, and the crossguard is sculpted in the likeness of a pair of angelic wings spread in flight. The weapon is enchanted with a +1 enhancement bonus and the Wounding property (wounds made with a Wounding weapon will never heal naturally. They must be healed by magical means, like a spell or a potion).

Background: Long ago, the ruling family of Baelfir's house - based in the then-kingdom of Cormanthyr - followed in House Dlardrageth's footsteps and bred with demons, siring half-fiend children by which to gain power and prominence. These in turn bred with pure elves of the house, siring Fey'ri. This practice continued in secret for several generations. Baelfir was born of the last generation, and was almost two hundred when his house's terrible secret leaked out. In the ensuing battle between his family and the Cormanthyrian High Mages, he first sided with his kin but quickly switched sides when he saw the tide turning, offering information in exchange for his life. He was imprisoned along with a few other such traitors, ostensibly for the rest of time. When Hellgate Keep was destroyed, freeing the remaining members of House Dlardrageth, they swept through these old prisons, freeing the remaining Fey'ri and integrating all of them into House Dlardrageth. Baelfir was one of these. He remains shrewd and concerned primarily with his survival and advancement.

All fey'ri are intensely magical creatures, and very few of them are not sorcerers in some capacity. Baelfir was trained to comprehend his innate magical gift before his imprisonment. He combined this aptitude with warcraft, learning to weave spells that augmented his talents on the field. Unlike many stereotypical "Evil Mages," Baelfir bears a powerful respect and love for magic that is entirely symbolic of his elven heritage. He hates the Shades that Sarya Dlardrageth has allied with for Karsus' theft of the Weave long, long ago, as well as their present abandonment of it in favor of the Shadow Weave.
Gonzo Bodhisattva

On second thought

Post by xfiend1013 »

Well, I was diddling about and making a rogue/wizard tinker gnome character, and I was having difficulty deciding what would drive such a character, what his motivations and personality would be like.

Then I remembered Boswell, the bard from my earlier DnD based threads here on SWE. Decisions, decisions.

But in the end, Boswell won out. He's my favorite ole DnD character from my dice-tossing days, and I've always played some variant of him in online RPGing. Other than his brother, the infamous Garrett Granth, he's probably my most prolific persona. So, here he is again...

Last time we met, Boswell was a meager level 4, so he's roughly twice as cool now. Let's take a look at how he's developed...

Boswell Granth

Human, level 8 bard

Str 12
Dex 16
Con 10
Int 16
Wis 8
Cha 18

Feats; light armor, simple weapons, various bonuses to social and information-gathering skills, alchemy and enchantment abilities.

Skill focuses: Use/craft magic item, pickpocket, stealth, diplomacy, intimidate/bluff/discern motive, perform.

Spells known;

0th level

Detect Magic
Fleeting Flame
Ghostharp
Presdigitation
Read Magic
Summon Instrument

1st Level

Undersong
Comprehend Languages
Expedious Retreat
Cure light wounds

2nd Level

Cure moderate wounds
Hypnotic Image
Tounges
Sonic Burst

3rd Level

Cure Serious Wounds
Glibness
G'elsewhere Chant

Boswell is a knowledgable, worldly man who has collected many magical items. He knows how to use them and what they do. His various bits of equipment and accessories are therefore subject to change at my own whim. However, he is almost always equipped with his trusty magical short sword, which also carries a permanent enchantment of "Free motion," preventing his speed from being magically affected while he is weilding it.

His prefered weapons are ranged weapons, however - he carries a sheath of throwing knives that magically refills itself. Often Boswell will sell the knives in a village, knowing that they will soon dissapear, and that he must do the same.

Boswell will be unlikely to join a quest for anyone's good but his own. However, he is not totally cold-hearted, and would likely help if the town, city, or village he was wandering through were to be attacked by deamon-fey or their kin.

FOLLOW ME! (On twitter)
Wise-Ass

Okay, let's do this thing.

Post by ValynDyral »

I'm gonna go ahead and get the thread started. I'd appreciate it if folks threw up their character information ASAP, but otherwise feel free to jump in at your discretion.

The place we're starting in is the city of Silverymoon (information can be found Here). Periodically, when we move to new places I'll try to post a link to some information on that part of the Realms so those who aren't intimately familiar with Faerun won't be at a disadvantage.

My post should cover the prelude before the attack, and then should start off the attack itself. Jump in right as the attack starts, or before it and then work up to it like I'm doing, or whatever you like.

I'll post the link once it's up.
Wise-Ass

Post by ValynDyral »

Okay, the thread can be found here:

http://www.starwars-exodus.com/forum/vi ... php?t=5879

The city is swathed in an impenetrable Darkness spell, so anyone trying to see will....erm...fail, unless they're an archmage themeselves, or they have one of the Dlardrageth-marked Onyx markers (Which only the invading Fey'ri should have).

The attack force consists of roughly 2,000 animated Shadows, 300-400 Dretches (the lowest ranking demon in the Abyssal heirarchy), 25-30 Bebilith (higher up on the heirarchy), 10-15 Vrocks (higher up still), and the Balor Hisfe'karith, who is the most powerful and dangerous enemy in the city.

There is also an attack force consisting of 36 Fey'ri in 9 groups of four, most of which are Sorcerers level 1-4, Fighters level 1-3, or any combination thereof.

The stats for the Shadows are as follows:

Shadow
Medium-Sized Undead (Incorporeal)
Hit dice 3d12 (19 hp)
Initiative +2 (dex)
Speed: 30 ft., fly 40 ft.
AC: 13 (+2 dex, +1 deflection)
Attacks: Incorporeal touch +3 melee
Damage: Incorporeal touch 1d6 temporary Strength damage (A creature reduced to zero strength by this attack dies)
Special attacks: Strength damage, create spawn
Special Qualities: Undead, incorporeal, +2 turn resistance
Saves: Fort +1, Reflex +3, Will +4
Abilities:
Str -
Dex 14
Con -
Int 6
Wis 12
Cha 13
Skills: Hide, Intuit Direction, Listen, Spot
Feat: Dodge
Special Abilities:
-Undead (Immune to mind-influencing effecs, poison, sleep, paralysis, stunning and disease. Not subect to critical hits, subdual damage, ability damage, or energy drain).
-Incorporeal (Can be harmed only by other incorporeal creatures, +1 or better magic weapons, or magic, with a 50% chance to ignore any damage from a corporeal source. Can pass throughsolid objects at will, and own attacks pass through armor. Always moves silently).
-Create Spawn: Any humanoid reduced to Strength 0 by a shadow becomes a shadow under the control of its killer within 1d4 rounds.

...I figure, being level 8 characters, we should all have a +1 or better weapon or spell at hand so the shadows shouldn't be altogether too terribly challenging for us, though the folk of Silverymoon will likely suffer plenty. But that's the point, right?

...So yeah. Throw up your charsheets and get on in there!

Post by Ryo Kasyk »

Alright, here's my character. I'm not sure if you're going to allow mounts, but, well, its more heroic if I have one, but just in case, I haven't chosen one yet. While I'm not completely familiar with the FR, I am knowledgeable about regular D&D rules, so hopefully that will get me by.

Name: Kath’remis Anduil
Race: Human
Appearance: Kath’remis is a fair-skinned human, yet the one aspect of his body that sets him apart from the rest of his race is his pure white/silver hair. He has hazel eyes that belie his caring nature. His is a well-built man, having trained to serve the people of the land his entire life.
Class: Paladin, Lvl. 8
Stats -
Str:15
Dex: 12
Con: 14
Int: 11
Wis: 10
Cha: 14
Hitpoints: 57
Feats:
- All Armor and Shield Proficiencies (Except Tower shields)
- Toughness
- Weapon Focus (longsword)
- Weapon Specialization (longsword)
- Improved Turning
Skill Focus: Concentration, Diplomacy, Heal, Ride.

Spells:
1 (1/day)
- Bless Weapon
2 (0/day)
- Bull’s Strength

Special Abilities:
Aura of Good
Detect Evil
Smite/2 day
Divine Grace
Lay on hands
Aura of Courage (Ally within 10 ft. gain +4 morale bonus on saving throws against fear effects)
Divine Health
Turn undead
Special Mount
Remove Disease 1/week

Inventory:
Longsword - Azgard - +2 longsword, Azgard is the sword of House Anduil, and was passed down to Kath’remis when he came of age. Since that time, Kath’remis has awakened more of the powers hidden within the sword.
Full Plate Armor and Heavy Steel Shield - Kath’remis is a Paladin of Torm, and therefore realizes that battle is a necessity to defeat the evil in the world. Therefore, he has outfitted himself with some of the best armor one can buy.
Amulet of House Anduil - Along with the sword Azgard, Kath’remis also received an amulet that signifies him as the heir to House Anduil. The amulet has no other special properties that Kath’remis, or his family is aware of.

Background: Kath’remis was born into the lesser House of Anduil and was raised to be a Paladin of Torm his entire life. Having been born into nobility instilled in him a sense of duty to those less fortunate than he. While he cared deeply for the lower classes, he was still a nobleman’s son, and with that came the arrogance. It was only until later, when he was in trials to become an official Paladin of Torm, that a commoner bested him in battle. Since that day, he has wholeheartedly devoted himself to helping those less fortunate than himself and protecting the world from the evils that seek to conquer it.
Gonzo Bodhisattva

Next step

Post by xfiend1013 »

Okay, Ryo, how about we finagle it so that, whoever posts next (likely me) will set up a situation where Boswell can run into the group you're with now. Since the g'elsewhere chant isn't picky about where it sends you, that can get him close, or even right there. He's got the runestones from the fey-fiends, so those might help out a bit.

And he's a bard - who wouldn't want his help?

Uh, don't answer that question...

FOLLOW ME! (On twitter)
Wise-Ass

Post by ValynDyral »

Looking excellent so far, folks. One very minor thing....the creatures in the city are technically called Shadows....Shades, like the Archwizards of the city of the same name, are in fact quite corporeal humans infused with the essence of the Plane of Shadow.

But that's really just nitpicking, and I guess an adventurer under attack by dozens of them won't pause to consider the proper nomeclature of the creatures that are trying to take his life.

For the sake of the story, I think that the Abyssal/Incorporeal Undead army would do well to win this engagement and turn Silverymoon into a murky, shadowy ruin haunted by the remaining shadows. Alustriel Silverhand and the other great mages of the city will probably end up casting some manner of epic Circle Magic to whisk away the remaining folk somewhere safer, or something like that, our party in tow, while a counterattack to retake the city is planned.

But none of this is necessarily set in stone, so lemme know your thoughts on all of it. I'll get another post up soon.

Oh, and Ryo, a mount is just fine as far as I'm concerned (as long as it's not a dragon, or something else that's entirely unproportional for a level 8 character). If we end up getting on a ship or taking a journey to the Plane of Fire or something then it might get in the way, but it could always be left somewhere safe until we return. So go for it. : )
Wise-Ass

Post by ValynDyral »

Also, for you more dice-oriented folks, here's the information on the Balor Hisfe'karith.

Balot (Tanar'ri)
Large Outsider
Hit Dice: 13d8+52 (110hp)
Speed: 40 ft., fly 90 ft.
AC: 30 (-1 size, +1 dex, +20 natural)
Attacks: +1 Vorpal Greatsword +18/+13/+8
Damage: melee, whip +17 melee; or 2 slams +19 melee
+1 Vorpal Greatsword 2d6+8, whip 1d4+3
Special Attacks: Spell-like abilities, fear, entangle, body flames, summon tanar'ri
Special Qualities: Damage Reduction 30/+3 SR 28, Tanar'ri Qualities, Death Throes
Saves: Fort +12, Reflex +9, Will +13
Abilities:
STR 25
DEX 13
CON 19
INT 20
WIS 20
CHA 16
Skills: Bluff, Concentration, Diplomacy, Hide, Knowledge (Any), Listen, Move Silently, Scry, Search, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Spot
Feats: Ambidexterity, Cleave, Improved Initiative, Two-Weapon Fighting

Spell-Like Abilities:
At Will - Blasphemy, Deeper Darkness, Desecrate, Detect Good, Detect Law, Fear, Greater Dispelling, Pyrotechnics, Read Magic, Suggestion, Symbol (Any), Telekinesis, Teleport Without Error (Self plus 50 pounds of objects only), Tongues (Self Only), Unhallow, Unholy Aura, Unholy Blight, Wall of Fire
1/Day - Fire Storm, Implosion
These abilities are as the spells cast by a 20th-level sorcerer (Save DC 13 + Spell level)
-Fear: A creature hit by a balor's slam attack must succeed at a Will save (DC 19) or flee in terror for 1d6 rounds
-Entangle: A Balor's Whip entangles foes much like an attack with a net. The whip has a maximum range of 40 feet, with a range increment of 10 feet, and 20 hit points. The whip needs no folding. If it hits, the target and the balor immediately make opposed Strength checks; if the Balor wins, it drags the target against its flaming body (See below). The target remains anchored against the balor's body until it escapes the whip.
-Body Flames: Balors can wreathe their bodies in roaring flames as a free action. The balor suffers no harm, but anyone grappling with it takes 4d6 points of fire damage each round.
-Vorpal Sword: Every balor carries a +1 Vorpal Greatsword that looks like a flame or bolt of lightning. the sword also has the spell-like ability to detect good as cast by a 12th-level sorcerer, except that its range is 30 feet.
-Detect Magic: Balors continuously detect magic as the spell cast by a 20th-level sorcerer.
-See invisibility: Balors continuously see invisibility as the spell cast by a 20th-level sorcerer.
-Summon Tanar'ri - Once per day a balor can automatically summon 4d10 dretches, 1d4 hezrous, or one nalfeshnee, glabrezu, marilith or balor.
-Death Throes: When killed, a balor explodes in a blinding flash of light that deals 50 points of damage to everything within 100 feet (Reflex save DC 20 halves damage).
-Skills: Balors recieve a +8 racial bonus to Listen and Spot Checks

....What all this means, to you non-dice folk, is that this enemy is very much unbeatable to our current characters. He automatically absorbes 30 points of damage out of any attack by anything short of a +3 weapon (and none of us should have +3 weapons yet, or do more than 30 damage except on a critical hit), he has spell resistance that should be unbeatable unless one of the players is a pure level 8 sorcerer/cleric/wizard and they get a really lucky dice roll. He has a sword that, since it's Vorpal, can kill or remove a limb in one swipe.

Basically, if you try to attack him at level 8, realistically you will either die, or be subject to his Fear ability and be sent running for your life. So there that is. For those of you who are entirely unfamiliar with this creature, think back to LoTR, Fellowship of the Ring. That shadow/fire Demon in Moria is essentially the same kind of creature.
The Adminerator

Post by Jagtai »

I'm still in. Just haven't had time to make a character. I'll post today or tomorrow.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." - Bilbo Baggins

My characters
The Adminerator

Post by Jagtai »

Here is my character. He's a demon-hunter kind of character.

My character:

Name: Rod'nar'ri (Rodney among non-tieflings, Rod among friends)
Race: Tiefling
Appearance: Rod'nar'ri
Class: Fighter 4/Sorcerer 4
Stats -
STR: 17
DEX: 14
CON: 16
WIS: 12
INT: 11
CHA: 17
Hitpoints: 74
Feats:
-All Armour Proficiencies
-Shield Proficiency
-Simple Weapon Proficiency
-Martial Weapon Proficiency
-Combat Casting
-Empower Spell
-Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Bastard Sword)
-Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Heavy Repeating Crossbow)
-Iron Will
-Blind-Fight
-Improved Initiative

Languages:
Infernal
Common
Abyssal
Elven

Skill Focuses: Climb, Concentration, Decipher Script, Disable Device, Disguise, Escape Artist, Knowledge (Arcana), Ride, Spellcraft

Spells/Per day:
0 (6/day) -
Acid Splash
Arcane Mark
Detect Magic
Read Magic

1 (6/day) -
Cause Fear
Chill Touch
Mage Armor

2 (3/day) -
Invisibility

Racial Abilites:
-Darkvision 60 feet
-Darkness 1/day
-Resistence to cold 5, electricity 5, and fire 5

Inventory:
-Chain shirt - Rod'nar'ri wears a chain shirt. It looks like it was scorched by intense heat. It is made by superior materials, and offers excellent protection.
-Enchanted crossbow - Rod'nar'ri's secondary weapon is an enchanted jetblack crossbow. It is essentially a +1 Holy heavy repeating crossbow.
-Bastard sword Tanir'el - Rod'nar'ri's primary weapon is forged from a jet-black metal, and carries a +1 enchantment, as well as the Holy property.

Background: Rod'nar'ri is the descendant of a incubus. After being abandoned by his demon-worshipping father, seeing his mother murdered by villagers for 'consorting with demons', and having to flee to avoid the same fate, Rod'nar'ri sought revenge. Ten years later, Rod'nar'ri returned. In a single night, the mayor and the sheriff (who had led the villagers against his mother) were murdered. The killer was never found.
After the deed, Rod'nar'ri was wrought with guilt. He found peace with an ancient sorcerer. who taught him much of the way of the world. After a few years, Rod'nar'ri left the sorcerer to hunt his kin - demons. Since then, he has travelled much of the Sword Coast in search for demons and their allies.

My characters
Man of Many Handles

Post by Alastar »

Sorry I haven't posted a bio yet, but I was awsay for the last four-five days(roughly), I'll get a bio up either today or early tomorrow(I'm still with this so please don't count me out).

Also one last question, for equipment, do they have to be real FR names, or can we make up our own items/equipment?
-King Priam
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

Sorry for taking so long, but I'll take this time to throw up a bio really quick.

Name: Isis Sinclair
Gender / Race: Female / Human
Class: Rogue lvl 8
Hair: Red
Eyes: Blue
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 110 lbs

Stats-

Str: 10
Dex: 18
Con: 11
Wis: 12
Int: 14
Cha: 16

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Feats / Skills: For lack of a Player's Guide in front of me let's just say she has all the typical feats and skills befitting a rogue in addition to Improved Dual-Wielding and Ambidexterity.

Inventory: Leather Armor, tight-fitting and cut in all the right places to better enhance her, um... Sex appeal. A shortbow and a quiver of arrows, some rope for climbing, various thieves' tools, and two magical daggers she pilfered from an unsuspecting adventurer, though to date she is unsure of what magical properties the daggers possess. The only thing she does know is that they are very shiny, and she loves shiny things.

Background: Little more than a petty thief, Isis grew up on the mean streets of Athkatla. Orphaned at a young age she was force into a life of petty crime in order to survive. Most would say that as a little girl she was a gifted child, but praises soon turn to curses when the unsuspecting individual finds their purse missing. She had a talent for pickpocketing and among all the thieves of Amn her hands were the quickest, though her lust for all things shiny often got her into trouble. But, luckily for her, her quick hands were matched only by her even quicker wit, and some fast talking is usually enough to get her out of any situation. Particularly those that lead to violence. Being far from an imposing figure, Isis tends to avoid head to head conflict. Rather than fight she uses every dirty trick she can think of to come out on top (those who confront her would do well to protect the family jewels). If certain situations do turn lethal, she is quick to show her opponents just how accurate and deadly her daggers can be.

As far as loyalties go, Isis is really only concerned about her own welfare. But a few gold coins or the promise of something really shiny is usually enough to buy her friendship... At least for awhile. However, behind her selfishness lies a hidden streak of compassion. She doesn't like to talk about it much, but she once gave away a coin purse she had just pilfered to a young orphan who had been wandering the streets of the market district begging for food. The coin purse had enough money in it to feed the child for days, and it saddened her to part with it.

Wise-Ass

Post by ValynDyral »

...Hey folks. Sorry my responses have been lacking, I've been off on a Thanksgiving break of sorts.

Anyway, one small note on your post, Pryde. The spell of Darkness wouldn't make things almost impossible to see...it would render the entire city (Indoors and out) completely black. Elven lowlight/darkvision wouldn't help in that regard, since the darkness is complete and magical in nature. I'm sorry to whip something like that on you after you wrote such a nice, long post, but...felt it should be said, to maintain some continuity and keep us all from having such radically different interpretations that none of us can work together.

Post hopefully up within the next twenty four hours.
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

Sorry, a bit of misinterpretation on my part. From what I've read it seemed like everyone was using some type of magical device to see. Oh well, "virtually impossible" can conveniently be interpretated in many different ways... And if it can't, well it can now! :P

Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

Wow, I've left out letters before, hell even whole words, but an entire sentence? Now that's talent.

That was supposed to read, "From what I've read it seemed like everyone was using some type of magical device to see, and I didn't want to pop in and be like, 'hey! I conveniently have a gem of trueseeing yay for me!' :P"

Man of Many Handles

Post by Alastar »

Actually negate that last post, I'm goin to make a mage, not a paladin.

Will make up a thorough biography by tomorrow, sorry bout that, can a moderator please delete that last post?
-King Priam
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

Question, these small pieces of onyx the Fey'ri have, do they work for just the Fey'ri? Or will it work for anyone who picks it up? It may just solve my sight problem if by some miracle Isis manages to kill the thing attacking her. ;)

Wise-Ass

Post by ValynDyral »

Anybody who picks 'em up.
Gonzo Bodhisattva

Tragic, The Garnishing

Post by xfiend1013 »

Okay, so we've got me, Pryde, Ryo, and uh... uh... okay, that's all we've got here so far - but, seeing as how only me, Pryde, Ryo and Vayln have posted, we're doing pretty good on getting everyone back together.

I take it, from Ryos' post, that we're going to head to this city keep or whatnot - I'd like to include a "bridge crossing" event there, where we have to cross the bridge, which should be the biggest choke-point for the city defenders - perhaps us and the remaining NPC adventurers vs. the Balor?

Or, if you've got something a bit more suitable, Valyn, I'd like to hear it - though I think a good thirty or so guards/NPC mercs/adventurers should be able to overcome the Balor, though with significant losses.

I mean, they will still burn Silverymoon, but I'd like to do a nice epic battle on the bridge; maybe even an old-school "wizard falls to death with balrog" type finale, Gandalf-style.

FOLLOW ME! (On twitter)
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

I would like to volunteer to play the part of the wizard who is pulled to his death by the balor and comes back as a living god. :mrgreen:

Wise-Ass

Post by ValynDyral »

First off, I'm tragically sorry for not posting since my first one, yet. Post up today, promise.

Now then.

Silverymoon is home to several epic wizards/socerers, not least of which is Alustriel herself. Additionally, being one of the Seven Sisters, Alustriel could easily call her other sisters to aid her city, and they could come immediately by magical means.

Which means that feasibly, Silverymoon should have about eight epic wizards/sorcerers, including the Simbul (One of the Seven Sisters and the most powerful sorcerer in Faerun) and possibly even Elminster.

Any one of these individuals could take on an entire group of Balors and emerge without their hair messed up.

So why haven't they magically saved the day yet?

Here's the cincher:

The Shade Archwizards are from a time before magic was broken by Karsus. They are incredibly powerful spellcasters. In our campaign, they will be the most powerful spellcasters on Toril.

So the reason that none of the ubermages have saved Silverymoon yet is this: The Shades have temporarily ripped them from their connection to the Weave via titanically epic spells designed to do just that.

So the fate of the city rests in the hands of the regular adventurers.

That said, the Moonbridge would be an excellent place for a battle between the Balor and the other folks.

The Moonbridge is not an actual solid bridge but one comprised of silvered moonlight. It is a famed thing throughout the North and many come to behold it. The Moonbridge connects Silverymoon's older districts to the newer one across the river Rauvin.

Let us say that most of the folks that have managed to blunder about have come to the Moonbridge, which is just at the edge of the Darkness spell (For the sake of ease, we'll say that the massive Dark only covered the city's older districts. For more info on Silverymoon, here's this link again).

So what could happen is, as you said Xfiend, there could be a big, climactic battle on the Moonbridge, with it being magically collapsed (or perhaps collapsed by the violent outburst of energy from the Balor's death), this sealing off the ruined part of Silverymoon from the still remaining part across the river.

What would then happen is that we'd have two distinct cities, so to speak. One will be a dark place, now permanently inhabited by Shadows who replenish their numbers from the souls of those that died there as well as however many demons survived the battle. House Dlardrageth and the Shades would use that as a base of operations of sorts, creating a massive rift to the plane of Shadows and the Abyss, rendering the ruined city permanently coterminous with both of those planes, and essentially making it suicidal for any to try to retake the place unless they're prepared to fight their way through both the Abyss and the Shadow Plane. If that's kind of hard to understand....think of the isle of Avalon. One passes through the mists, and presumably they enter the world of Faerie when they walk onto the island. This would sort of be the same thing...sort of. Silverymoon would still exist on the Prime Material Plane of Toril, but it would also now exist in the Abyss and in the Shadow Plane, and creatures from those places would be able to come and go there freely.

Across the river would be what remains of Silverymoon, the newer district, full of evacuated civilians and whatever soldiers survived. Whether this place will be abandoned or fortified, I guess remains to be seen.

Also, one more thing. Shadow Magic will work here differently than it does in the core books, to take into account that it mirrors the older, Netheril-era form of magic that the Shades are powerful in, as opposed to the weaker, new Weave.

The Shadow Weave

Example character: Bob
Shadow Mage 7/Fighter 7/Rogue 1/Wizard 1 (Locked)
Max Castable Level: 4th
Matrice Levels/Day - Base: 22 Int Bonus: +6 Total: 28

A shadow mage may have a number of levels of spells prepared in their
mind at any given time equal to their shadow mage level. A
prepared shadow matrice may be cast as a free action in addition to
any other Standard action (i.e: casting another spell, attacking,
etc). A prepared shadow matrice uses as many matrice levels to
prepare as it would take to cast.

Example: Bob prepares a Fireball shadow matrice in his mind (3
matrice levels) before setting off. When he later gets into a
fight, he can release that matrice as a Free Action whenever it is his
turn in combat in addition to any other action he is taking, though
doing so wipes the matrice from his mind. The 3 matrice levels
the fireball used in preparation count against Bob's limit for the
day, whether he uses the fireball that day or not. A prepared
matrice -cannot- be metabolized to regain the matrice levels without
proper training in doing just that (i.e: taking a feat specific to
metabolizing prepared matrices).

A shadow mage may also attempt to cast a spell beyond their Max
Castable Level, though doing so is both difficult and risky.
Such a spell is a Full Round Action, and requires a Spellcraft (shadow
weave) check against DC 10 + two times the difference between the
shadow mage's Max Castable Level and the level of the spell being
attempted.

Ex: Bob, who can cast 4th level spells with ease, is trying to
case the 9th level spell, Meteor Swarm. The base Spellcraft DC is
10, plus two times the difference in Max Castable Level and the level
of spell attempted; in this case, 9 minus 4 (5) times 2, or 20
overall.

Casting a spell beyond one's ability not only counts as a full round
action and requires a spellcraft check, but there is a very present
risk of Fatigue.

Success on the spellcraft check allows a Fort save versus the same DC
as the spellcraft check. Failure on the spellcraft check also
counts as failure on the Fort save; failure in either case results in
Fatigue (-2 to hit, -2 to dmg, -2 init, -2 ac dodge penalty, max
speed; jog x3, persists for as long as the character is taking any
actions what-so-ever plus 2d4 minutes after they do nothing but rest).

Failing another Fort save in this capacity while Fatigued results in
Exhaustion (-4 to hit, -4 to dmg, -4 init, -4 ac dodge penalty, max
speed: walk x1, any spellcasting attempt requires a Concentration
Check versus DC 25, persists for as long as the character is taking
any actions what-so-ever plus 4d4 minutes after they do nothing but
rest; when this duration lapses, the character is Fatigued)

Failing yet another Fort save in this capacity while Exhausted results
in Unconsciousness (target is helpless, may be slain by a melee
opponent as a standard attack action, persists for 1d4 turns; every
turn thereafter, the Unconscious character may make a Fort save v-DC
25 to awaken; this DC drops by 5 every turn until the character
succeeds the Fort save; character is Exhausted upon awakening).

Moreover, casting spells beyond one's ability, in addition to the
ever-present risk of potentialy life-threatening, if temporary,
debilitation carries an additional cost; all spells worked beyond
one's level cost it's level in Matrice Levels +1 for every level of
difference there is between the characters' Max Castable Level and the
spell level being attempted.

Why? The character is not yet proficient in that level of spell use,
and for what they're attempting, even if they pull it off and avoid
fatigue, their abilities are not refined and skilled enough to most
efficiently use the energies at hand.

Ex: Bob, who is trying to cast Meteor Swarm (9th level spell), has
a Max Castable Level of 4th. Succeeding the Spellcraft Check
easily (1d20 +18 versus DC 20), he then has to make a Fortitude save
versus DC 20 to avoid being Fatigued. Bob's Fortitude save is
1d20+12; he's got a pretty decent chance of making it, but this time
around, he just doesn't manage it; the massive energies he's
channeling leave him Fatigued (-2 hit, -2 dmg, -2 init, -2 ac dodge
penalty, max speed: jog x3) for as long as he remains active plus 2d4
minutes.

In addition, while a shadow mage proficient in 9th level spell use
would pay 9 matrice levels to cast a 9th level spell, Bob had to pay
9 + (9-4), or 9+5; 14 matrice levels.

(That explanation was written by a friend of mine, so credit goes to him)

Post by Ryo Kasyk »

Here's a heads up to you guys, its the last week of classes for me, so everything is due. I have papers out the wazoo due in the next week, then finals week after that, so my ability and time to write will be extremely diminished, if not even existing at all. However, I'll be able to write a lot more after the 16th. Hopefully I'll still have a brain so that I can write.

Post by Aranador »

Woo - this thread does look well written, and I should love to be a part of that.

A technical difficulty has precluded me being on these boards recently - but that has passed, although the question remains as to if the thread can withstand yet another participant.

Any thoughts?

Post by Aranador »

OK - here is a character idea I would like to play. I dont know if the background is really compatible with the story - but dont worry - I can always come up with new characters - I am good at that.

Huan Ji

Ji is an exotic young woman, clearly from a far off land. What events brought her to this land? That remains unknown, but here she is. Her command of the common tongue is quite good, although her reading and writing is basic.
Ji has long straight black hair tied into a pony tail, deep black eyes, and a musical voice. She is of petite build, quite girlish. She wears a bright silk outfit that is basically a halter and a loose split skirt. Light leather pads on her shoulders, forearms, thighs and shins, as well as fingerless gloves and low boots are her only concession to physical armour.
Ji appears about 16 years old, but is actually closer to 22, her build and ethnic background make her look quite young – and in this part of the world, she is likely to be mistaken for a half-elf. She is very strong for her size, but she has minimal muscle bulk, although she does sport a six pack that most guys would be envious of.
Ji has spent a lot of her life studying fighting arts, and is highly skilled in the use of the yue*
Ji is smart and charismatic, and loves to dance or attend a festival. She can seem a little shy, although that is mostly culture difference, she is careful not to offend.

*The yue is mechanically the equivalent of the halberd, being basically a 5-6’ haft, topped by a blade that is designed for cleaving attacks, with the tip tapered and chisel tipped for use as a thrusting weapon (where as the halberd has an axe like cleaving blade, and a separate thrusting point). It could also be considered as similar to a glaive, but the glaive has a much longer 8-9’ haft which necessitates a different fighting style.

Class: Fighter5/Dervish3 (dervish class from the ‘complete fighter’ hardback sourcebook)

Stats:
STR: 16
DEX: 17
CON: 12
WIS: 10
INT: 14
CHA: 16
Hitpoints: 67

Feats:
Simple and Martial Weapon Proficiencies
Light Armour Proficiency
Weapon Focus (Halberd)
Weapon Specialisation (Halberd)
Dodge
Mobility
Combat Reflexes
Expertise
Spring Attack
Power Attack

Skills:
Climb
Jump
Perform (dance)
Ride
Tumble

Inventory:
Bracers of Defence AC 5. The leather pads she wears on her arms are enchanted to provide as much defence as wearing a suit of chain mail, but without the bulk or encumbrance. Ji likes them because the silvery runes on them look decorative.
Boots of Striding and Springing. The soft leather boots Ji wears allow her to move swiftly and leap amazing heights. Being a bit of a thrill junkie at times – Ji thinks the boots are the best thing ever.
Pouch of Holding: This leather bag holds an astonishing 20 times its apparent capacity. It is usually full of important stuff, like clothing suitable to take to a fancy ball.
Pouch of Travel Rations: This leather bag can, 3 times a day, dispense a simple meal, suitable for up to 4 people (the user can decide how much food to draw). The food is very basic (rice, a small amount of spiced meat, bread, some nuts, fruit and cheese) but fresh, healthy and pre cooked/hot as appropriate. The food can not be stored, and if not consumed, it will evaporate after 1 hour. The bag can also dispense water, up to 12 gallons per day. The rate at which it dispenses water is about as fast as pouring from a wine skin. It would be suitable for dousing small non magical fires.
The Adminerator

Post by Jagtai »

As usual, it looks like I don't have the time to participate after all. I am very sorry. At least I never got involved enough (ie posted) to screw anything up.

Nice work, btw.

My characters
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

Just because I was bored and had nothing else to do, here's a couple of pictures of Isis' daggers;

Dagger 1
Dagger 2

Post by Aranador »

I have a post ready that will put Ji on the 'safe' side of the moonbridge. Its a little long 'cause I had to sort of 'catch up' time. Let me know if it is OK to join in.
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

Hmm, now I'm confused. Where is this walkway in relation to the bridge? I thought we were on a cobblestone street, or something. And has anyone seen Valyn? It's been like 8 days since his last post. :P

Post by Aranador »

Yah it seemed a little jumbled - but I got the basic impression that you lot moved towards the bridge, then onto an 'entry lane' style wooden bridge, and at the moment Boswel has just stepped onto the main bridge.

And noticed the balor doing balor like things up there