Massachusetts Academy (Mature)

An interactive forum that focuses on DC and Marvel like superheroes...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus, WoH Coordinators

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Massachusetts Academy (Mature)

Post by Mir »

3 Days Ago
Manhattan, New York
Mayer, Ingram, and Rogers' Offices

Alessandra Santiago was sitting in her office, reviewing papers from the last case that she had handled for Mayer, Ingram, and Rogers. She closed her eyes with a sigh, taking off her reading glasses and rubbing the bridge of her nose. As she opened her greenish-brown eyes, she looked around the office. She had been in this office for years now, as she had opted, when she had made senior partner, not to get a bigger office. She had had photos up in various places along with her books, but now they were packed up and moved out. It was the last time that she would be working for Mayer, Ingram, and Rogers. She was retiring from the company to attempt something that a part of her knew she had always needed to do, but only until recently had decided to actually do.

A few months ago, she had met a woman named Blair Walker, at one of the firm's business dinners. Walker was the CEO of Frost International, a very large and profitable company. The business had Mayers, Ingram, and Rogers on call as their legal retainers. She had been discussing with Blair the number of things that Frost was doing to expand in the upcoming years. The company had set up a few agreements and contracts with Wayne Enterprises, which was always a good thing. As one of the largest companies in the world, Wayne had the ability to make anyone rich almost overnight.

She knew the CEO and owner of Wayne Enterprises, Isaiah Muir. She had met him a few times in the past, and they were good friends. Alessandra rose, adjusting the slate gray vest she wore. It was buttoned over a white dress shirt, itself tucked into a black pencil skirt. She rose onto the balls of her hose clad feet, stretching. Her toes pushed down into the hard wood floor, her Louboutins set aside under the desk. She was leaving the firm, after being with it for years. Alessandra was still going to have connections with them and be connected with them, but she would have them as a retainer from now on, she just wouldn't be working for them. When she and Blair had spoken, Alessandra had been given the seed of an idea, one that had grown since it had been planted. Finally it had sprung forth from the ground and she had decided to follow it.

After being a teacher and the assistant headmistress at Xavier's Institute for the Gifted, she was going to open her own school for mutants. She with Frost International and Wayne Enterprises would be restarting the Massachusetts Academy, once run by Emma Frost. Alessandra was incredibly grateful to Jarlan Xander for everything that he had done for her, and she had enjoyed all of the time that she had spent with him and at his school. He had been a great mentor and had worked wonders with her when it came to trusting her powers and more importantly, trusting herself. She valued his opinion and she always would. If he ever needed her help, she would be on the first flight over to Kansas.

However, she felt as though she needed to strike out on her own. She needed to forge her own path. Unfortunately, that path took her away from Wichita, and away from the school that Jarlan had built. She wished him the best of luck in all of his endeavors.

There was a knock on the door that interrupted her thoughts. Alessandra sighed as she looked at the door and waited a moment. The door opened, slowly as she quickly ran a hand through her long, brown locks, unconsciously making sure that she looked her best. Only one person was that brash. Anyone else would have waited for her to acknowledge their presence.

But Alec Partridge wasn't just anyone. Technically he wasn't anyone, he still didn't know who exactly he was, he just knew that his name was Alec Partridge. He still hadn't told her why he thought his name was Alec Partridge. The man had extreme mental blocks that stopped even her from piercing the veil of his mind. She had tried before, but had been unsuccessful. Even Jarlan had. She wasn't too sure what to do in that department. Her eyes narrowed as he walked in.

"All finished." He said.

He was wearing a pair of dark blue jeans and a set of boots. He also had on a black work shirt that currently had a few holes in them, over his chest and arms. There was pink skin visible, telling Alessandra that he had recently been in some kind of scuffle and his healing factor had kicked in. "I take it you had some trouble moving my things from the hallway, out of the office building and into the moving vehicle?" She asked. "Melissa, I would presume?"

"The kid asked for it." Alec said. "I didn't want to play tag."

"I should have known better than to bring you to a civilized place, let alone my place of work. Melissa can behave herself, when you're not being a horrible influence on her. Do I have to make you sit in one place with Dr. Grant?"

Alec scowled a little at the mention of Benjamin Grant. It wasn't that he disliked Grant, it was just that he felt different around Grant, and he couldn't put his finger on what exactly it was that was different. At least, he didn't want to put his finger on what it was, but he knew what it is.

"Look, if Benjy wants to hang around me, that's fine, but I wouldn't suggest it."

"Oh, and why's that?" Alessandra asked, lifting an expertly sculpted eyebrow.

"Pretty boy does not want his face rearranged. I think Benjy would have a hard time with the ladies, to be honest." Alec said with a small smile.

"Must you solve everything with your fists? And must you call him Benjy?" Alessandra asked, with a sigh, taking off her designer reading glasses.

"I simply must." Alec said. "It's just more fun that way." He leaned against the door way and cracked that grin of his. It was both insufferable and charming at the same time. He constantly undermined her that way. She'd get so annoyed with him, but then he'd smile, and there'd be a weird feeling in her stomach, and she'd let it go. He'd been doing it for a while now, ever since he'd come to Jarlan's school.

He stepped over to her. "You ready to go, Counselor?" He asked, using one of his nicknames for her. She frowned then, reminded of the height difference between them. She turned and stepped over to where her heels were. She stepped into them, flexing her toes as she did. Alec did his best not to think about how well her backside would be clothed in the pencil skirt, even though he looked just to check. As always, she looked perfect. She turned and stepped back to where he was.

"I think I am."

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing, it's just that I've been working for Mayer, Ingram, and Rogers for years and I-"

"A little scared, a little apprehensive, about the next part of your life?" He asked, his voice, getting a few shades gentler than the gruffness that usually was prevalent in his speech. When she nodded, he smiled slowly. "Understandable. I too went through similar circumstances not too long ago. Waking up unconscious in the San Francisco bay will do that to you." He said.

Alessandra looked up at him and smiled. He was instantly reminded of how close they were and how his hands slightly trembled when she was close to him. He wondered if he could get away with reaching out and brushing some of the loose strands that were by her ears or if she would get upset with him. She usually got upset with him, for minor things and furthermore, she was always standing close to him like this, so really it was her fault, and Alec Jr. was peeing in one of Alessandra's friends, that Vesper lady's office and Alec could smell it from here thanks to his powers and-

Alec's eyes widened and he turned and ran from the room, dashing down the hallway.

Alessandra reached out with her mind and came into contact with Alec Jr. There was an overall sense of relief in the little bulldog puppy's mind. A few moments later, she realized why and groaned as she started walking towards Miranda's office. House training was something that had failed to materialize properly in the puppy's mind, and she didn't have the heart to telepathically imprint it on him. As she reached Miranda Vesper's office, and saw the man that Alec Jr. was named after, she had a good idea as to why that was so. Alec was standing there, his back to her, and he turned at the sound of her entering. "So, um…how should we go about fixing this one?" He asked.

"I'll get some paper towels." Alessandra said with a sigh.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Benjamin Grant made a mental note, as he put his cell phone back into his pocket, that the next time he got a phone call from some backwater county sheriff's department concerning his niece, to just let her rot there for a good damn period of time before he bailed her out. Of course, he knew that he'd never stick to it, but still, it was a good resolution to make. In a way. He was standing on the street corner of the Mayer, Ingram, and Rogers building in downtown Manhattan. Alessandra was moving her things out of the office, and he had offered to help her out. When she had explained to him what she was planning on doing with the Massachusetts Academy, he had eagerly volunteered to help her. While he was a world renowned surgeon and knew a great deal about the human body, he did want to settle down. Kansas just hadn't been his style, and the awesomely flat expanse had given Brooke way too much space to follow her true passion.

Breaking the law on her motorcycle.

Boston, or at least the area surrounding it, appeared to be a little bit different. At least, he hoped it was a little bit different. Brooke had been kicked out of a number of finishing schools over the years, and when she had finally graduated from college, Benjamin had breathed a sigh of relief, thinking that now that her life was in her own hands and that she had to support herself, Brooke would settle, and calm herself. That, unfortunately, hadn't been the case. In fact, just the opposite had held true. He had a collection of more than a few DVDs of Brooke's police chases. He consistently bailed her out, unable to bear the sight of his younger sister's daughter in prison or jail.

He had had to work hard to convince her to teach at the school. She was incredibly smart, and had passed the accreditation tests very easily. He was just awestruck at how easily she was able to apply that intellect to such nefarious, but still relatively harmless things.

With a stern voice, he had told her that he wanted her in Boston within the next three days. He had told her that she could get from Missouri to Massachusetts well within that time, and had reminded her that speeding was against the law. Velana Prova hadn't helped Brooke's tendency to speed. His mind was taken away for a second to Velana. He had hoped that something could have developed between the two of them, but he had decided to leave to join the academy that Alessandra wanted to make. He would never know if there could have been something there. One thing was for sure, both Velana and Brooke were crazy to get on those death traps of motorcycles. He enjoyed cars, and he was rather jealous of Alessandra's car, but when it came to motorcycles, he was happy to stay away from them.

He looked at the door to the office building as Melissa [[[Insert Last Name Here]]]. She was roughly Brooke's age, and he wanted to try to get the girls to become better friends. Melissa took after Alessandra a lot, and Alessandra was a textbook case for a level headed person, which was funny in and of itself because of her job. As she walked towards him, he saw that there was a tear in the t-shirt that she wore along her arm, and she had a long cut that was starting to scab.

"Why did you goad Alec into attacking you?"

"We were playing tag." Melissa replied.

Grant instantly wondered why he had thought Melissa would be a good influence on Brooke. Then he remembered that Alec was a bad influence on everyone. "Right. Well, are they ready to hit the road? It's not that long of a drive to Boston, but I'd like to get there before Alec Jr. decides to clean my face." He said, eliciting a laugh from Melissa.

"But it was so cute."

"And it was a really nice Ralph Lauren dress shirt he messed up."

"Not to mention that tie. It's your fault for wearing suits all the time, Doc."

"I am a doctor. It's somewhat hard to escape. So I decided to just embraced it." Benjamin said as Alec, Alessandra, and Alec Jr. came out of the building. "Ready?" He asked.

"All set." Alessandra said.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Present Time
Outside of Boston, Massachusetts
Massachusetts Academy

After a few moments, Alec was ready to give his expert opinion. He had seen enough. "The Colts will beat them." Alec said in a sage like voice followed by a grumble.

Melissa was sitting next to him on one of the couches in one of the common rooms of one of the dormitory buildings. She scrunched her face up and looked at the TV screen before turning and regarding Alec with the same look on her face. "Are you retarded or just really dense. The Patriots are a great team." She said, tossing her hair with a look of mock self importance.

"First off, the Colts are one of the greatest teams in the history of the NFL." Alec said, looking at the screen. He had raised a fist with his index finger pointed in the air. While he still looked at the screen, he turned his hand and jabbed Melissa in the head, keeping his finger connected to the side of her head. "And you sound like someone who just takes on the team of the place you live in. Traitor. You liked the Kansas Chiefs like three months ago. What happened to that, Joltie?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." Melissa said, folding her hands over her chest, but not before shocking Alec with a little of her red lightning.

"I do." They both turned at the sound of the new voice to see Alessandra walking towards them. "You were railing on and on about how cute the quarterback's-"

"Hey! That was in my mind!"

"And?" The Brazilian asked expectantly.

"And…monkeys." Melissa said, turning back to the screen, but not before throwing a handful of chips from her blue plastic bowl at Alessandra who stopped them in mid air with her telekinesis. She threw them at the back of Alec's head. He didn't move, but he did reach a hand up to the back of his head. With his reflexes and senses, Alessandra knew that he would have seen the chips coming. He was getting better about that. Less jumpy. Sometimes, he still thought that death or at least an attack was around the corner, but they were trying to reduce the days that he thought that to only a few out of the week. It was a work in progress.

"What did I do?" He asked, without turning from the screen.

"Alec Jr. needs a walk." Alessandra said.

"So change into one of those sport jogging outfits of yours and go for a run."

"I'm busy."

"So am I. Making sure this one over here starts liking good football teams." Alec said in reply. "Think about it, you can go ask Benjy to go with you. I'm sure he likes nice, long jogs around campus." He added after a thoughtful pause.

"Benjamin is busy as well. Dr. Shane Grammer has arrived and they're talking to each other. Apparently they're fans of each others."

"Sounds like a busybody with lots of degrees, and he likes Benjy. I don't like him." Alec said.

"You don't like anybody who's smarter than you." Alessandra said.

He smiled, knowing that he was building her up to a snit. Melissa saw it too, and wisely chose to leave the room, claiming something about a bathroom visit. "That's entirely untrue, Alessandra, I don't know why you would say that." He said, turning and giving her a sullen, just-kick-me-while-I'm-down look. "I like you."

"And I detest you." She shot back, her Brazilian accent coming even more to the forefront as she spoke.

"Snob." He said, turning back.

She narrowed her eyes at the back of his head, wishing for a moment that she had some kind of power like Jolt's so that she could hit this rude, boorish…man. Alessandra reached out with her mind, and smacked the backside of his head. "Are you going to take Alec Jr. for a walk or not?" She asked.

"Yeah, sure." He said, rising. He flicked the TV off with the remote control, which he tossed onto the couch. He started to walk past her, but she stopped him with a look. "What?"

"Be nice to Dr. Grammer." She said.

"Why, there's nothing in it for me." Alec said.

"Do it for me?" She asked, plaintively. "He could be teaching anywhere, but I was able to get him to teach here. I don't want him leaving because he thinks, correctly, that you're an unmannered buffoon." She said.

"I'll do it for you." Alec said with a small smile. He patted her head lightly. "Don't worry, I'll behave around him." He said. "But only if I get a big bone every day, after dinner."

Alessandra laughed, despite herself. Her eyes narrowed slightly. "Only if you can beat Alec Jr. for it." She challenged, her voice lowering in volume, but increasing in melody and sweetness.

"That's just too unfair." He replied as Ale's cell phone went off.

She reached into her pocket, and pulled it out, answering it as Alec walked away to go find that misbehaving mutt of his. Maybe he was chewing on one of Grant's expensive shoes. One could only hope.

OOC: Massachusetts Academy is open for biz-nass. Please refer to the OOC thread for info regarding the school or to the wiki, located here: The team associated with Massachusetts Academy is Generation X.

OOC thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9456

MA Wiki: http://starwars-exodus.wikia.com/wiki/M ... ts_Academy
Generation X Wiki: http://starwars-exodus.wikia.com/wiki/Generation_X
Last edited by Mir on Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RCCrow

Re: Massachusetts Academy

Post by RCCrow »

OOC: You told me a bit about Benjamin's personality, I hope I got everything right.

IC:

"It should be interesting for the two of us to work together on the science program of the school. I think that's what Alessandra wants us to do right?" Shane asked.

"As long as you don't like labs getting blown up by students who are trying to concoct their next prank." Benjamin Grant replied.

Shane laughed, his whole body getting into it. "I'm sure that accidental explosions from students who might have the power to blow up the entire school, is the least of our concerns."

"You're telling me." Benjamin replied.

The two of them were standing in one of the little open air parts of the school. Shane turned his hand over and looked at the watch nestled on top of the blue fur that covered his body. "I suppose the new students will be arriving soon?" He asked.

"Soon. I'm not sure what the exact timeline is though. Alessandra hasn't told me yet." Benjamin said.

RCCrow

Post by RCCrow »

Mara glanced out the window of her parents SUV at the large structure in front of her.
"Do we really have to go here mom?" Mara asked again, for the millionth time.

"Well I think it would be good for you and your sisters to go here. Learn to control your gift a little bit better." Peay said.

"We don't need to learn to control our…." Before Mara could finish her sentence her sleeve caught fire.

"ACK!! MINNIE STOP THAT!!"

"HEHEHE Fire!" Minnie bubbled back at Mara. Mara rolled her eyes and looked over at her other sister Sam.
"Well what do YOU think Sam? Do you think we're going to like this school?" Mara asked.

"I think you should stop talking and quit being annoying Miss. Bossypants." Sam shot back. Mara harrumphed and looked back outside. She couldn't believe her parents were sending them to this school. The triplets had been going to the same school since Mara could remember. Changing schools now seems stupid in here opinion, but her parents wanted the girls to learn more about their "powers". They didn't need to learn more about their powers. As that thought crossed Mara's mind she looked at Minnie again. Minnie was smiling happily at a piece of fluffy she has set on fire.

"Fluff…fluff….fluff…fluff…FIRE BOOM!!" Minnie clapped her hands together in glee. Mara thought again after seeing what Minnie was doing. Maybe they did need help…well at least Minnie did. Mara climbed out of the SUV. She and her sisters grabbed their suitcases and made their way up to the front of the school with their parents. Peay turned and looked at the girls.
"Today is the beginning of the rest of your lives girls!" She chirped happily.

"If today was the beginning what was yesterday?" Sam asked sarcastically. Peay just sighed and smiled. Her and Paul would miss the kids in the house but they really did think they needed to learn more about their gift. Looking towards the front of the school Peay moved forward. This would be good for the girls, very good for them.
You know it's a bad day when you jump out of bed and miss the floor.
"I declare War!!"~Peay

RCCrow

Post by RCCrow »

"I see." Shane said. "You know, I have heard a great deal about you, Dr. Grant. Everyone I've ever asked says that you're a highly respected surgeon and a great doctor."

"Thank you."

"But no one has ever been able to tell me about your mutant power." He said. "I'm not trying to pry, I was just wondering what it was." He asked.

"You notice how I'm not standing very close to you?" Benjamin said and when Shane nodded, he smiled. "My power is no power." He said. "It's power negation, to be precise. I can shut down another mutant's powers, by being near them."

"I thought I needed to bathe."

"Nothing of the sort." Benjamin replied. He turned and looked on as a tall man with blond hair passed by on teh other side of the room, followed by a small bulldog puppy. "Ah, that's Alec. He's in charge of security here. He's an...interesting guy." Benjamin said.

"Aren't we all?" Shane asked with a small smile. "Aren't we all?"

Mandalore_The_Uniter
DX Army Cadet

Re: Massachusetts Academy (Mature)

Post by Mandalore_The_Uniter »

The voice on the other end of the line was that of a young teenage girl, "Hello, I'm Alessa Smith, i called about your Acadamy for Mutants." 'Alessa said, sounding hopefull "My sister and I are heavily Augmented Mutants, and I was wondering if we could gain admittance and Sanctuary at your school."

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Alessandra heard the pain and distress on the other end of the phone and though the person she was talking to couldn't see her, she nodded slowly. "I'm sure we can figure something out." She wasn't entirely sure how the girl had gotten her cell phone, but then Alessandra remembered that this phone was her public phone for the world, not her private line. "Where do you live, and how quickly do you need me to get to you?" She asked.

Mandalore_The_Uniter
DX Army Cadet

"Our family threw us out..." 'Alessa' said, sounding like she would cry at any moment "we're in a Abandoned Factory in Detroit..."

An Animalistic Whining could be heard in the Backround, followed closely by sobbing.

The sound of shifting clothing carried over the phone, but Alessandra could glean that Alessa was embracing the source of the Sobbing comfortingly.

"It's ok, Di, we're going somewhere nicer than this." Alessa said to 'Di, appearently forgetting about the phone; though she sounded like she was close to tears herself "i promise."

"Please don't make me a liar, ma'am..." Alessa said, the sound of her patting 'Di's back comfortingly in the backround "we're in the old 'Golden Motors' factory...."

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Alessandra wished that she had Cerebro or something like it, but unfortunately that was not the case. There had to be more than one Golden Motors factories in Detroit, and she needed to find out where exactly the children were right then and there. Her telepathy wasn't going to be good enough unless she could boost it somehow. But she was able to use it to find Alec. She headed over to where he was, staying on the phone with Alessa. When she found him, she saw that he was standing out in part of the school's athletic fields, staring out into space, the dog sitting next to him. They were both apparently deep in thought and both turned far before they should have. It had to have been impossible to hear her, but then again, it was Alec and Alec Jr. and one was a mutant and the other was a dog. Sometimes though it was hard to decide which was which. At least for Alessandra.

She gestured to Alec that he should come towards her and he did, a small frown on his face. "What's going on?" He asked.

"I have two girls in an abandoned factory in Detroit. I need you to go find them, Alec." She said.

He lifted an eyebrow and considered for a moment.

"Detroit. Do we have a-"

"Yes. Isaiah has loaned us a few Wayne AeroTech jets for the time being." Alessandra said.

Alec could see the worry on her face and the concern. Apparently whatever she had heard and was hearing over the phone was causing her alarm and distress. Always one to fight away anything that alarmed or distressed Alessandra, even if he hadn't wanted to go, Alec knew what he would do. He would og and get these two and bring them here. Come hell or high water or another Alec Jr. walk and bathroom visit. It was going to happen. That was just the way things were. Despite his grumpy exterior, Alec interesting possessed a rather soft and squishy interior. And Alessandra had a special place in there.

"I'm only mildly positive that I can fly one of those things. Yep, I can do it. You coming with me or do you need to stay here for the school?" He asked.

"I'm going to stay here."

"Alright. I'll be wheels up in ten minutes." He said. He started to walk past her then he stopped. A thought struck him that made him smile. He turned back to look at the Brazilian woman. "Though...I'd keep one of those phones you have on you, just in case." He added with a small shrug.

"Just in case...why?" Alessandra asked, a look of confusion on her face. She reached up and brushed some hair out of her face that the wind had blown there.

"Well, if it's as bad as your face is making it look like, we may need your legal skills, Counselor. We both know I'm never going to win any awards for most agreeable." He said.

Alec Jr. whined, as if almost to agree.

"Don't kill anyone." Alessandra said with a sigh. "Please?"

Alec just smiled.

RCCrow

Post by RCCrow »

Ravyn smiled as she placed her last box in her room and wiped her hands on her jeans. Her grey tank top had ridden up to reveal a tattoo on the lower right of her back. Getting lost in though she almost missed someone standing in her doorway clearing their throat. She whipped around and tensed up ready to spring into action if she had too.
"Whoa there Ravyn, no need to get jumpy." Shane said calmly.

"Oh, it's just you Dr. Grammer." Ravyn relaxed slightly and let out her breath pulling her shirt back down.

"Nice ink there, you didn't have that last time I saw you." Shane laughed quietly.

"Yeah, it's a reminder for me."

"A reminder of what exactly?"

"Nothing I care to share Doctor." Ravyn said with a small smile.

"Ah, always the secrets with you Ravyn my dear." Shane smiled affectionately at the young woman.

Ravyn turned and walked over to Shane and gave him a big hug, "It's good to see you again."

"As it is to see you. How are you settling in to your home?"

"I'm settling in just fine. It's a rather large room from someone like me. I have no stuff to fill the space with."

"Well I'm sure you'll find things to fill the room with. When ever you are ready I will give you a tour of the school and our facilities."

"Sure I'll try and find you later for that. I still have some things to handle and unpacking to do."

"Very well my dear, I will see you later." Shane backed out of the room and Ravyn listen for his foot steps to fade. She unbutton her jeans and tucked her tank into them and rebuttoned them up. That way no one could see her tattoo, that was something personal and she didn't feel like sharing it with anyone. This job was a great opportunity for her while she worked on her master and PhD in physics. She was extremely lucky Dr. Shane Grammer agreed to be her mentor again and let her work with him at the school. It was also very sweet of Ms. Santiago to offer her room accommodations and a basic teaching position with the students.

The school seemed nice and the people she had met so far seemed normal to her. She knew it was a school for mutants and she was not one of them but she was going to try her hardest to be open minded and helpful. She took this job after leaving the Army in hopes of continuing her education and living a normal life. While working for the Army she had seen, heard and experienced things that would haunt her for the rest of her life but she was trying her hardest to move on and adjust to civilian living. She began unpacking the last of her boxes and setting up her new room. She wanted to finish so she could take that tour Dr. Grammer had offered. She was excited to be here and looked forward to school starting so she could meet the rest of the staff and her new students. Life right now was on track and nothing was going to mess it up for her.
"I declare War!!"~Peay

Mandalore_The_Uniter
DX Army Cadet

the Spacific Abandoned 'Golden Mortors' Factory the two girls were living in was Fortified so that it looked normal, while the inside looked lived in, with an old stained bed without sheets; a couch; and a Miniature armory with:

A Black AK-47 with a Front Grip and Laser Sight, on a table with several Clips of Ammo strewn around it.

a Black M-14 with Sniper Scope, Laser Sight, and Bi-pod; it was leaning against the wall near a carefully concealed Sniper Possiton.

a SKS with Bayonet, layed down ontop of a Dilapidated bookcase with ammo for it and the Other weapons on the Bookshelves.

AR-15 Carbine with lasersight, leaning against the Bookcase.

SPAS-12 Shotgun with flashlight, resting on the bottom shelf of the Bookcase.

USP 45 with combined Lasersight/Flaslight Attachment, resting on a Bedside table.

Bowie knife, resting on the lower shelf of the Beside table.

Black Metal Combat Tomahawk, beside the Bowie Knife.

on the Table was a Blue and White Helmet that would cover the entire head, with two white eye peieces.

"How long untill you can get here?" Alessa asked the woman on the phone, Diana seemed to be Calming down.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

OOC: For the record, this post means that we've gone a few hours down the road, same day.

IC:

"We have someone on the way now. His name is Alec Partridge." Alessandra said. She looked in the distance and watched as the jet that Alec was on lifted off the ground and started to make its ascent. "He's a few inches over six feet tall. Blond, with brown eyes. Just stay where you are and he will find you." She said.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Some time later

Alec stepped out of the airport. Apparently the school itself was affiliated with Wayne, which meant that they would be able to land at almost any airport in the United States and a good chunk of those overseas. Nothing like having a rich friend. He had the address of the abandoned Golden Motors factory. He'd gotten it from Alessandra who in turn had gotten it from one of the girls that he was being sent here to rescue and get back. He had rented a car, a Jeep, and was driving through Detroit on his way to the factor. He wasn't sure when he was going to get there, but the GPS that he'd brought with him told him that it wasn't going to be much longer. He dialed Alessandra. "Hey, I'm almost there, if this thing can be trusted."

"Alright. Remember these girls are really scared, so I need you to be people friendly."

"Two girls, abandoned General Motors factory, scared out of their minds. How hard can it be?" He asked.

"Golden Motors factory."

"Right. General, Golden, it doesn't matter. I have amnesia, it's to be expected." Alec said.

"This really isn't the time for games." She said.

"I'm just kidding around. What's bothering you?" He asked. She sounded a little tense and he wasn't sure what it was that was the deal.

"Nothing, the girls just sounded like they were really scared. I'm not sure what's been done to them and I'm hoping it's nothing too serious." She said.

"Don't worry, if there's anything wrong with them, you can use that psychobabble of yours and fix it."

"So why won't you let me use it on you?" She asked, a slight bit of humor shot into the mix of her voice.

He smiled when he heard it, because it meant that he was getting her mind off of what was bothering her. Which was always a good thing in his book. He didn't like to see her worried or upset.

"Because, I'm not crazy."

"There are numerous case studies that would disagree with that statement. I disagree with that statement."

"And you are crazy. You think you can read people's minds." Alec said, matter of factly. "Also you sent someone you think is crazy to go save two little girls. Which certifies that you are, in fact, insane." He added as he made a turn. He saw the sign for the factory up ahead, though all the lights were off. "Alessandra, I'm here, I'm going to let you go." He said and hung up. He got out of the car and looked at the factory.

It had clearly been abandoned some years ago, towards the end of Detroit's recent heyday of car manufacturing. There were boards up over a number of the windows, and a chain link fence surrounded the whole place. It was decently remote, rather large, and definitely not a place that most people would go to. Alec had to commend the two girls on their choice in hideouts. Now, he just needed to be able to find them amidst everything else that was in the place. Hopefully he'd be able to use his mutant senses to get to them easily. With a small sigh, he went to a smaller window and after removing the two boards that had been nailed down over it, got inside of the building.

Mandalore_The_Uniter
DX Army Cadet

When Alec entered the abandoned factory, and imediately disernible fact was that the old machinery and other odds and ends had been reorganized to make it so that the First floor was a maze to get to the opening to the second floor that used to be a set of stairs. Alec made his way through half of the maze seamlessly, but he couldn't help but notice that thier were potmarks, bullet holes, and bloodsplatters that identified First Floor as a Killzone as well as a Maze. about halfway through the Maze, Alec saw a Red Dot on his shirt, and looked the the opening to the Second floor again; there was a young woman wearing a Blue and white helmet aiming a M-14 Sniper Variant at him, but she seemed to be inspecting him through the Scope. After a few minutes, she put the rifle down and Gestured for Alec to continue.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Alec walked over to where the girl was, stopping a few feet short of her. He towered over Alessa, with his height. Looking down at her, he mustered the best comforting smile that he could, which was hard for someone like Alec. "Hey there. I'm Alec Partridge and I'm here to pick you and another girl up to go back to Massachusetts Academy." He said. "I don't really appreciate guns pointed at me, but I can understand the need and desire for safety, so I'm not too upset about that. Are you ready to leave?"

He wanted to make this quick and short, but he had a feeling that was not going to happen.

Mandalore_The_Uniter
DX Army Cadet

"good, i'll be back." Alessa said, Her Voice Altered by a voice scrambler in the helmet "Make yourself as comfortable as you can while i gather My sister and Arsenal..."

with that Alessa walked into anouther room, and the sounds of things being shifted around and put into a bag sounded.

Alessa came out with a girl a few inches shorter than she was and a Ragged Duffel back that seemed to be stocked full of weapons and ammo.

The Kicker was that the Girl had Two Fox ears, and a Fox Tail, but the tail drooped and the Ears were pressed against her head as she whined like an animal that was hurt.

"Would Ms. Allessandra be willing to see My sister for a Phycological Eval.?" Alessa asked, "Some gang members lured me away and raped her when we used to live in an abandoned house..."

"She should." Alec said, "What did you.."

Alessa interupted him, "I wiped them out."

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

"Good deal, kid." Alec said. He slowly and strangely enough gently reached a hand out towards the sister. "Alessandra is a psychiatrist herself so she'll be able to help your sister." He waited, letting the younger one sniff his hand. Then he slowly pulled the hand back. He turned to the other one. "Ready?" He asked, and she nodded. "Alright then." He said and turned, leading the group out of the building. They were just about to make it to the Jeep, when he slowed, coming to a stop in front of the car. "Something's not right." Alec said, sniffing the air. "There's way too many people in the area." He said and looked at the one with the guns. "Friends of yours?"

Mandalore_The_Uniter
DX Army Cadet

"If only."Alessa said, pulling out the Bowie Knife and Combat tomahawk. and at once a large number of Gang bangers appeared out of nearly nowhere and attacked the group.

As soon as the attack started, several gang bangars had swarmed Diana and were working on getting her pants off, while she killed a few of them, they kept comming and several hands were already working on getting her pants to her knees and having her panties follow.

Alessa was holding off the gangbangers around her but she was destracted by Diana's predicerment.

Most of the attention was focused on Alec, who was holding his own against the large numbers of gangbangars, untill one knocked him out with a shovel to the back of the head.

The last sound alec heard was the sound of Flesh hitting flesh, and a wail of agony.

-----

Alec woke up in the Sitting possition, his hands and feet tied with simple rope knots...

Alessa's Clothes and Weapons were strewn everywhere, as were Diana's clothes.

Alessa was a short distance away, naked as the day she was born, knocked out of the Ground in a rather compromising possition.

Thier were bruises on her skin where she had been groped harshly, and spotts of Ejaculate were all over her abused body, and tear stains where tears fell from her eyes.

Diana was nowhere to be found.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Alec shook his head as he came to. He looked around and saw everything that had happened. He shook his head again and with minimal effort, broke free of the rope bindings. He reached down and untied the ropes that were around his feet. With a grunt, he got up, and walked over to where Alessa was. While he would have tried to be a bit more gentle about it, the training that he had been given kicked in. He started to remember the fight and what had happened. The people who had done this were decently trained, but it had been numbers that had helped them. Numbers were something that he didn't have, and he also didn't have the other girl, which was what he needed. He found as much of Alessa's clothes as he could and deposited them on the ground next to her.

Then he shook her, to get her to wake up. "Come on, kid. We need to get moving and we need to find your sister." He said, before turning to find the duffel bag. He looked around on the ground after finding out that most of the contents had been spilled there. He found the SPAS-12 shotgun and a box of shells. He started loading the shotgun, remembering as he did what he'd said to Alessandra. Well, it looked like he was going to have to break that, but it wasn't that big of a deal. She'd get over it, once she heard what had happened here. He also grabbed the USP, and made sure that it was loaded. He grabbed a few more clips and stored them in his pockets. It wouldn't be as fast as he was used to, inside the pockets, but it was better than nothing.

Not that he really remembered what he was used to when it came to the speed and ease of reloading prior to San Francisco. The amnesia thing had really done a number on his life. He turned to look at Alessa to see if she was up and moving. "We don't have time to waste," he said a little rougher than he intended. He was reacting on instinct now. The animal was dangerously close to being unleashed, a side of him that Alessandra had never seen before and he hoped she never would.

Mandalore_The_Uniter
DX Army Cadet

Alessa got up and got dressed, a cold look in her eyes.

After she was dressed, alessa put her helmet back on, and grabbed the Bowie Knife, Tomahawk, and AK-47. Alessa put the other stuff in the jeep.

"I know where one of the Drug houses controlled by the gang that attacked us is..." Alessa said, coldly "i'mm planning on killing them all, then getting my sister, do you have a problem with that?"

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

"I have a mild problem with it." Alec said. He paused and started sniffing. He picked up the scent of the Fox child before, when he had met her. It was a unique scent. He was pretty positive that he could track her using the scent. "I don't have a problem with you going after the storehouse. But I can track your sister. I got her scent earlier and I think that I can find her. Without us going on a killing spree that might get the police called down on us." He said. "That sound like a better plan?"

Mandalore_The_Uniter
DX Army Cadet

"Alright." Alessa said, voice warming up "Shield built me to be a soldier, i should start thinking like it."

"Did i say that last part out loud?" Alessa asked, sounding embarrased then Self-Loathing"I'll tell you the whole story eather way after we get save my sister...the truth is this is the second time something like this happened, and on my watch...what kind of big sister am i?

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Alec indicated that she should get into the car. It'd be quicker this way, because he didn't know how fast Alessa could run. He started the car and go them moving, at a speed that would allow him to continue to track her. It wasn't fast, but it wasn't too slow either. He didn't know whether the people who had done this had left on foot only or if they'd left on foot and had then gotten into cars and had drive off. He hoped it was the former. It would be harder, much harder for him to track the scent if they had gotten into cars. He thought then about what Alessa had said.

"I don't know much about S.H.I.E.L.D. As far back as I can remember, I've never had any dealings with them. But you're not a bad big sister, kid. You've just ran into some trouble in life and you're coping the best way you can. Nothing wrong with that. At least there's hope for you." he said. "You're still a child, you can get some kind of normalcy back into your life." Alec added.

"We'll see." Alessa replied.

"Listen, this gang, how in the area are they? Are we going to have to go far in order to start finding their territory?"

Mandalore_The_Uniter
DX Army Cadet

"we're in the territory." Alessa said, cocking the slide on the AK-47 "thier's not an inch of detroit that doesn't belong to one gang or anouther, i chose the best defendable spot..."

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

"Okay, then hopefully it shouldn't be long before I can fully locate her. I'm hoping that they didn't have to travel too far to get her where they wanted her." Alec said.

They drove onwards for another couple of minutes, before Alec smelt the trail turning to the left. He made the turn and then he dropped the pedal, putting the Jeep into overdrive. He shot through a red light, and jostled everyone in the car around a bit. "It looks like we're almost there." He said before throwing them into a hard right that brought them down a residential street. He stopped a few houses up from where the scent trail entered. They were still in the car and before Alessa could get out, he indicated the house. "There, that one." Alec said.

As they got out, he turned and looked at her. "Have you been to this area before? Anything you can tell me about the people here?" He asked.

Mandalore_The_Uniter
DX Army Cadet

"let's just say, that they don't ask for what they want..." Alessa said, getting out of the Jeep and kicking the door to the house in.

inside were a good number of gangbangers, alessa pulled out the Bowie knife and Tomahawk and started tearing the Gangbangers apart at close range.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Alec stood on the doorstep. "I like her. Alessandra should be more like her." He said, before following her into the place. He was attacked by a group of two, but he brought the shotgun up directly into the jaw of one of them, before turning and placing the barrel of the shotgun none to lightly into the stomach of the second one. Because of his strength, this threw the man backwards and he crashed into a table, breaking in. Alec took another step and brought his foot into contact with the man's head, knocking him unconscious.

He wasn't killing them. A part of him felt good about this. He was keeping his promise to Alessandra. Another part of him felt bad. These people wouldn't have learned their lesson when they came to, and in an attempt to remind the surrounding people that they were strong, they'd probably end up hurting more people. They'd hurt more people anyway, just because of who they were. But it wasn't his place to be their murderer. He had a feeling that he'd gotten the amnesia for a reason, that maybe it was him forgetting some horrible things that he'd done in his past. He didn't want to know his past, which was the main reason why he had shot down Alessandra's attempts. He did want to know, but at the same time, he didn't want to know.

Alec flipped the weapon so that the barrel of the SPAS-12 was in his hands. He swung it like a baseball bat into the head of another gangbanger. Alec turned and his reflexes caught him in time to avoid a thrown knife. The man looked at the person who had thrown it. The guy charged him, but Alec jumped out of the way. The scent trail was everywhere, but it wasn't too heavy. He could tell that the guys had taken her upstairs.

"Alessa, she's upstairs." He said. "Get her while I take care of the guys downstairs."

Mandalore_The_Uniter
DX Army Cadet

Alessa nodded, and made her way up the stairs. When Alessa found Diana one of the rooms, she embraced the sobbing mess of a girl and wrapped her in the Jacket she was wearing.

Alessa carried Diana down the stairs, and out of the door, "common." she said to Alec simply.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

It didn't take them long to get out of there and head straight for the airport. Once they were there, Alec got the two girls onto the jet and situated, before returning the Jeep to the rental company. When he got back, he found that Diana had fallen asleep. He couldn't blame her, not after everything that had happened to her in the past day. He invited Alessa up to the cockpit with him and after they took off, he got the jet into autopilot. He headed to the back and grabbed a beer, and a soda for Alessa. He was mildly responsible, if one thought about it.

"So, tell me that story."

Mandalore_The_Uniter
DX Army Cadet

Alessa had of course taken off her helmet, and it was resting on a nearby table.

"it happened about a year ago." Alessa said, taking a swig of the soda "we knew we were mutants, and we hid it easily because our powers were minor enough to wright off, but that was before shield kidnapped us."

"I don't know what they did to Diana specificly but they evolved her powers, while i was augmented." Alessa continued, "there was anouther girl that was undergoing the same procedure i was, she seemed to not understand why they were doing it."

"Appearently what happened to me what only one half of a new age Super-Soldier project, the other girl was the other half" Alessa said bitterly, taking anouther swig "and the people we had with us were the subjects of several Side projects..."

"We worked together to escape, and we went our own ways." Alessa said, then laughed bitterly "maybee we should have gone with the other three, last i heard, they were doing well for themselves as Mercinaries and Vigilanties..."

Haruman

Post by Haruman »

“Thanks for helping us, you didn’t have to.” Alessa said, she turned her head away, her hair covering most of her face. Alec noticed the sadness in her eyes despite the smile she gave as she took another sip of soda. He though about the what the girls must have lived through. So he didn’t bother pressing the issues of what happened today. He figured that Alessandra was better equipped to handle the psychologically damage the of what the girls have been through.

“You welcome.” He said, then finished of the remainder of his beer. He turned towards he and said “You should get some rest. It’s going to be a to be a short flight and I think you need all the rest you can get.”

“Alright.” she said as she walked back out of the cockpit and sat herself down to get some much need rest.

Some time later
A little over three miles away from the Massachusetts Academy

Leo and Kayla sat in the back of the SUV as his big sister Tears drove the pair to the Massachusetts Academy. Kayla was fumbling through her thing as she could help but feel unnerved by the fact that their parent had gotten together to send them

“Leo why are we doing this?” Kayla said with a slight bitterness

“Well, from what I remember from the power point presentation. I wanted to be a super hero and got the shit kicked out of me.” Leo said with a sarcastic grin as he looked out the window. He then turned back at Kayla who wasn’t to pleased by his brand of humor. He continued to say more in the hopes of not getting his face mauled off for by the anger girl who can turned into a wolf.

“Hey Alexis shut up back there, before I drown you!” Tears exclaimed

"Alexis, somebody wanted a girl." Kayla said as she could help but giggle a little.

"What I said to Alexis goes for you too." Tears said. Kayla quickly tightened up her lip as she didn't like to get his sister mad at her for reasons she didn't understand.

The ride remained quiet for rest of the trip.
Last edited by Haruman on Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spider-Man RIP. 1962-2007

If you don't like how things are, change it! You're not a tree. ~Jim Rohn

Editors aren't writers, so they should stop pretending they are! - Linkara

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Alessandra was waiting for Alec to arrive with Alessa and Diana and she was walking through the hallways of Massachusetts Academy's main building. She was a little too wired to do much of anything and she had a lot of work to do. It would be a while before she was able to sleep, that much she knew. There was paperwork to go over, and certain documents needed to be filed, with the multiple copies that she ahd made sent away for safekeeping. But right now, she was just walking around the halls, thinking to herself. She was walking, when she saw lights through a window. Lights that were moving. She walked outside into the main courtyard and saw that there was a large van that had pulled up. Inside, she knew, was a new batch of students. Well technically they were a new batch of new students. Every student at the school was new. She turned to see Benjamin Grant stepping onto the courtyard as well, a small smile on his face.

"Figured I'd come out and help you welcome the new people." He said.

She nodded with a smile. "Have you been in touch with your niece?" She asked.

"Brooke should be here soon." He said.

Alessandra nodded once more and turned to see the students coming out of the van.

She understood that many of them came from the north of the United States and from New England. She didn't mind at all, having lived in New York for a good portion of her life. Her wish was to get them acclimated to the school as quickly as possible. The term was going to begin soon, and she wanted to make sure that everyone understood the ground rules of the school.

"Hello." She called out in a strong voice. "If you could all come here." She said.

The throng of students came and formed a loose horseshoe around her. "My name is Alessandra Santiago, I'm the headmistress of Massachusetts Academy. I don't doubt that many of you will be in my mutation classes. As many of you know, this is a school for the gifted, for mutants." She said. "The man standing next to me is Dr. Benjamin Grant. He is another one of the teachers at the school. We will show you to the dormitories, where you can choose your rooms. There are already some students here." She said with a smile. "So you'll be able to make friends and hang around until the term starts in a few days. All of the grounds will be open for your use." She said.

She turned and started walking back into the main building, the group following her.

VagueDurin
His Vagueness… Vaguer… or El Vaguerino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Post by VagueDurin »

Kip Stoddard sat on the side of the roadway, a few hundred yards away from his destination. The Massachusetts Academy. The teen leaned forward, resting his forearms against the tank of his Harley as he thought back to the events of his life that had brought him to this point. The freshest thought in his mind was that if he spent another minute on Highway 90 ever again in his lifetime it'd be one more too many. The ride here from Chicago had taken two days.

Now he was here in Boston, though... And not for the first time he was wondering why. The plea bargain he'd been given that required his attendance at this 'Academy' had been handled rather informally. He wasn't assigned a probation officer and the law back in Chicago hadn't issued him any sort of anklet for tracking purposes. He could just drop off the grid, become a ghost again and no one would be the wiser, right?

A shiver coursed its way down Kips back and seemed to answer in the negative. For whatever reason, he felt like not showing up here and skipping out on this arraignment would be a big mistake... These people seemed to know entirely too much about him and he wondered just how they'd found him in the first place and what would really stop them from tracking him down again.

With a heavy sigh, Kip fired his motorcycle back up and throttled his way down the road. By the time he'd reached the front of the place, Kip had to admit he was in a bit of awe. The Academy looked massive, like some sort of mansion or something. He couldn't even fathom how much the place had probably cost. It took a few moments to maneuver his way onto the sidewalk before Kip killed the bike again and set it down on its kickstand before dismounting and squatting down to stretch out real quick.

He threw the straps of his duffel bag over his shoulders and then spun in a slow circle, taking in the scene before him. During his inspection he noticed a small grouping of teenagers gathered outside the entrance. As he watched the group was spoken to by someone and it seemed they had been instructed to follow the woman inside. Kip shrugged halfheartedly and started off in that direction with a slow saunter, intent on blending into the shadows at the back of the group so as to not bring attention to himself...
"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." - C. S. Lewis

"And for one last instance, I'm Human again." - Sergeant Ghost

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Rose Decker sat alone in one of the myriad rooms of the Massachusetts Academy. She was in her dormitory, in one of the many recreational rooms. She wasn't playing any of the games, nor was she interested in finding someone to play any of the games with. The woman sat by herself, curled up on one of the black leather lounge chairs that dominated the room. She was deep in her own thoughts, thoughts that drifted between different people. It wasn't a huge number of people, it was just her parents. She hadn't had a huge number of friends back in the city that she'd come from. Not after the people there had found out that she was a mutant. It hadn't been the best of times for Rose. She did miss a few people there. The small group of people who had stuck by her and hadn't been upset or ostracizing when she'd been outed as a mutant.

When she had been leaving to come to Massachusetts Academy, she had promised to stay in touch with them. She had a laptop, her parents had bought it for her as a going away present. It sat next to her, currently untouched. There was nothing to tell her few friends about, at least not yet. There were still new students coming to the school everyday, and the term hadn't begun yet. Rose hadn't made too many friends yet, and she wasn't sure if she would. She wasn't sure what to expect about this new school, but she wanted to fit in. Apparently that was easy to do simply by being herself, but she had first hand knowledge of cliques and groups and the different things that they could do to people. Just because everyone was a mutant, didn't mean that it couldn't happen, that much was for sure.

Her stare off into space was broken when her eyes caught movement into the room. A small black kitten, with a few white markings was trotting around, bouncing a little with each step. She was a little confused by what was going on. She didn't think that people were allowed pets or anything like that, considering the rather potentially volatile nature of mutant powers. Was it a cat that was lost and had accidentally gotten into the Academy? She rose and walked towards it, and it froze, turning and looking at her. The kitten had a smidgen of white along the right of its nose, facing Rose.

"Hello there." Rose said, taking another slow step towards the kitten.

"Minnie." A voice called out.

The cat turned and looked over it's shoulder, in the direction that it had come. Rose followed the look, but didn't see anyone. When she looked back, the kitten was gone. Then a girl roughly her own age came around a corner, and spying Rose, stepped towards her. "Hey, have you seen my sister?"

"No, I don't think so."

"You sure?"

"The only thing I've seen is a small black-" Rose began but was cut off suddenly.

"-cat with white markings?" The girl said. She started looking around the room, looking in different corners and under the furniture.

"Yeah."

"Yup, that's her alright." The girl said, before abandoning her search. "Thanks for your help though." She said, wandering out of the room. "I'm Sam, by the way."

"Rose."

Maybe there'd be something to write home about, soon enough.

RCCrow

Post by RCCrow »

Thalia stood in line waiting to board the plane that would take her to Logan International Airport in Boston, MA. All her bags were being loaded onto the plane and all see had in her hands were her carryon and a small suitcase.

"Flight 345 to Boston is now boarding. We would like to invite our first class cabin and Delta Premium members to board at this time." A cheerful voice chirped over the loud speaker. Thalia sighed and stepped forward to board holding her ticket out for the woman to scan. Making her way down the gang plank hallway Thalia was glad her father insisted she fly first class. She couldn't imagine flying coach for 6 plus hours. Though they did have that layover in Bismarck, North Dakota it would hopefully giver her a chance to stretch. Thalia settled in her seat hoping she didn't end up next to some old person who slept the whole fight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Leland ran through the airport to her gate hoping she didn't miss her flight. She really needed to make it to Massachusetts. She was so tired of never leaving California and this was her one chance to get out. It took her months to convince her parents to let her leave and go to Massachusetts Academy. Her mom was apprehensive of letting her go that far away, her father was never around anyway so his opinion didn't matter to much to her.

"Last call for flight 345 to Boston. All passengers for flight 345 need to board now this is last call." Came blaring over the speakers as Leland turned the corner to her gate.

"Wait! Wait! I'm here, this is my flight!" She panted out. The gate attendant looked at her and motioned for her to hurry up. Leland sprinted down the gangplank towards the plane. Reaching her seat she plopped down with a sigh.

"Hi." Said a voice to Leland's left. Leland turned and looked at the girl sitting next to her.

"Hi?" Leland questioned.

"My names Thalia, what's yours?"

"Leland, my names Leland."

"Cool, where are you heading to?"

"Uhhh Boston." Leland said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Oh cool, so am I." Thalia said getting comfortable in her seat. Leland stared at the strange girl sitting next to her. She seems rather happy and odd. Why ask someone where they were going if they were on the same flight as you. Leland settled back into her seat and closed her eyes till they landed in Bismarck, North Dakota.

"I would like to welcome everyone on board to Bismarck, North Dakota. It this is not your final destination we ask that you please stay seated for a few moments to allow those who have other flights to catch time to get off. For those of you continuing on the Boston with us we will be departing again in an hour." Leland looked over at Thalia to see her getting ready to get off the plane.

"Wait are you getting off the plane?" Leland asked.

"Well yeah I want good food and I need to stretch my legs a little. Would you like to come with me? I mean we have a whole hour to get food and stuff."

Leland thought about it for a moment. Getting off would be a good idea, some food would be nice and stretching sounded good too. "Sure I'll come with you."

After grabbing a bite to eat the girls made their way back to the plane to settle in for the next leg of their trip. As they walked onto the plane they both noticed a boy about their age sitting in the seat across the isle from them.

"Hi there." The boy said.

"Hey there yourself." Thalia chirped back.

"My names Emmett. What’s yours?"

"I'm Thalia and this is Leland."

"Cool names, you guys friends on vacation or something?"

"Or something would be the correct term here." Leland deadpanned.

"Oh we just met. We're both flying to Boston."

"Well cool." Emmett said pulling a book out to read.

Leland smiled and settled into her chair with Thalia humming some tune next to her. After take off
Leland pulled out the pamphlet about Massachusetts Academy and turned to the section about what classes they offered. She was looking forward to taking a class with Dr. Shame Grammer he was one of the leading individuals on mutations.

"Hey you're going to Massachusetts Academy too!" Thalia exclaimed.
Leland looked at the girl strangely and tried to inch away from her.

"I'm going there too! My parents think it's a great idea for me to learn more about my mutation. I'm really looking forward to learning from Ms. Santiago, Dr. Grant and Dr. Grammer. They seem like such awesome people and I think it's really nice that they opened up this school for mutants. I mean I know there's been a few other ones but this one looks really good." Thalia babbled happily. Leland smiled at her realizing Thalia was generally a happy person, it was refreshing compared to what she normally dealt with.

"Yeah I'm really looking forward to Dr. Grammer's mutation classes. He's suppose to be one of the leading experts on these kinds of things." Emmett said.

"Oh wow you're going there too!! This is so awesome I'll know two people now!" Thalia exclaimed,

"I head Alessandra Santiago is a really good physiatrist and someone who's really nice and understanding." Leland said with some enthusiasm.

"Yeah it looks like a really cool place." Emmett said.

All of a sudden Thalia bounced in her seat and pointed at Emmett. "OH MY GOD I RECOGNIZE YOU NOW!! YOU'RE THE GQ MODEL FROM LAST MONTH AND YOU DID CALVIN KLINE!!!!" Thalia yelled excitedly. Emmett turned slightly red in the face from embarrassment.

"Uh yeah that would be me. I do some modeling on the side to make some extra money so I can buy things I like." Emmett explained.

"Wow I love your Calvin Kline ads." Thalia said.

"Are those the ones where he's running around in nothing but underwear?" Leland asked.

"Yes." Both Emmett and Thalia answered.

"Oh…well then, how..nice for you." Leland muttered putting the pamphlet back in her bag. Thalia yawned and started to close her eyes and Emmett pulled out his MP3 player and placed his headphones in. All 3 teens closed their eyes and drifted off into dreamland.

"Welcome to Boston, Massachusetts. The temperature is currently 82 degrees on the ground. Please prepare to make our final decent into Logan International Airport." A voice jiggled over the loud speaker. Thalia woke with a start and looked around, seeing Leland still sleeping she poked her.

"Leland wake up we're landing!" Thalia whispered excitedly. Leland grumbled and opened her eyes. Looking over at Thalia she saw the girl staring excitedly out the window. Glancing over to her right she saw Emmett was still sleeping. Leaning over she poked him till he woke up and looked at her confused.

"We're getting ready to land." She explained. Emmett nodded and put everything away in his bag. Everyone felt a light bump as the wheels touched down on the tarmac and the plane taxied forward.

"You guys have stuff at baggage claim?" Emmett asked.

"Yeah I do." Thalia said.

"So do I." Leland replied.

"Cool why don't we all stick together. We'll get our bags and then we can grab a cab to the school."

"My dad has a limo waiting for me so you guys can just ride with me." Thalia said.

"Cool, sounds good."

Soon everyone was standing to grab their carry on bags and shuffled forward off the plane. Once out in the airport the three teens looked for the baggage claim signs and made their way towards the carousels.

"Oh those purple ones are mine!" Thalia exclaimed lunging forward and grabbing the handle. Emmett was quick to move beside her and grab the other three purple bags.

"Jeez what did you do pack your whole room or something?" Emmett joked. Thalia just smiled and moved her bags out of the way. Emmett turned back around to see his green suitcase coming and leaned in to get grab it. After he pulled it off the moving track he looked up for Leland.

"Hey where did Leland go?" Emmett asked. Just then Leland emerged from the crowd carrying a old beat up army bag.

"I'm right here." She said walking up to them.

"Okie Dokie! Everyone's here lets head to the limo!" Thalia said leading the way. The driver loaded everyone's suitcases into the trunk and they were on their way to Massachusetts Academy. The ride was pretty quiet with only Thalia's humming was heard.

Soon enough they were pulling up a long drive that stopped at a building.

"This is it guys, this is Massachusetts Academy!" Thalia exclaimed. All three teens climbed out of the limo and stood near their bags. Three different thoughts ran through the three teens minds. Emmett was thinking about how nice it was to know people here and be able to attend; Thalia was excited about meeting tons of new people and exploring this new place; and Leland was thinking about how great it felt to be away from California for the first time ever. This was their new school and it looked pretty cool. Each teen grabbed their bag and headed for the front door. They were officially at Massachusetts Academy and the semester was going to start soon.
"I declare War!!"~Peay

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Nikhil Patel looked around the place that his mother had decided to send him to. He knew that he was a mutant, and that he had certain powers, but he didn't understand why he needed to come here. As long as he didn't bother to use his powers, he' d be fine, and he wouldn't need to come to a school such as this. His eyes took everything in and he sighed. While obeying one's parents had been something that had been drilled into his head since birth, he had never been told that he couldn't question a parent's judgment. That was precisely what he wanted to do here. He didn't understand why his mother had felt the need to send him here. He knew what his powers were. He had control over the weather. He could affect it to a large degree, much like Ororo Munroe could. His powers weren't quite like hers, she had a lot more power and could affect a larger area than he could, but they were similar. Everything in his life had gone downhill since his father had died.

Since then, his family had moved, not from one city to another or from one state to another, but from one country to another. His life had been uprooted from Hyderabad, India to Boston, Massachusetts. Things hadn't really improved from there. His grades had suffered starting from before the move actually, because Nikhil had realized that death was around the corner and could claim you at any given point in time, so why bother to waste time with things that didn't matter. School didn't factor into the importance equation, so he hadn't given it any inclination. Apparently, though that had caused his mother to go into a figurative state of shock. Then, they'd had to add on the fact that he had mutant powers.

He could understand why his mother would send him here, but he didn't think that it was important. She had made him promise that he would follow all of Headmistress Santiago's rules, and he would, because despite the fact that he didn't care too much about his grades, he did want to make his mother happy. That was something that he didn't intentionally want to cast aside.

As he walked and followed the Brazilian woman inside, he felt a nudge. He turned and saw a young black male walking near him. "Hey," the guy said. "what's your name?" He asked.

"Nikhil." He responded.

"Whoa, you Indian?"

"Yes, I am." Nikhil replied.

"Cool." The guy said. "I'm-" He was about to speak, when Alessandra stopped and spoke.

"These are the dormitories." She said. She had taken them on a bit of a trek, but on the way, she had pointed out more than a few different places, such as the entrance to the library, the cafeteria, and some of the recreational amenities that the school offered. She had taken them out of the main building and past some of the smaller subsidiaries until they had gotten to the dormitories. "I'm going to split you into groups. Does anyone want to volunteer to help Dr. Grammer?" She asked.

When there were no volunteers, she looked around and pointed at one student, who turned out to be Kip. "How about you?"

VagueDurin
His Vagueness… Vaguer… or El Vaguerino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Post by VagueDurin »

"How about you?"

Kip brought his hazel eyes up from the ground to look first at Alessandra, then to his left and right quickly fruitlessly hoping that there would be another teen standing there that she could have been referring to. When he realized that there was no salvation over his shoulder he offered up a dis-interested shrug in the headmaster's direction. He was very well aware of all the other teens eyes on him and self-consciously adjusted his hoodie as he thought about his response. He couldn't kid himself into thinking he actually had a choice in the matter, obviously she had selected him on purpose.

"Uh, Yeah. Sure." He spoke, spreading his arms out to his sides slightly. "What's a uh.. Dr. Grant?"
"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." - C. S. Lewis

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

OOC: Shit, meant Grant. Assume Grant. Assume Grant!!

I know I don't have his powers listed on the wiki, but Grant has Power Negation, if you want to reference Kip feeling a little weird around him.

IC:

Alec's eyes opened a few moments before the autopilot alerted him to the fact that they were quickly approaching Massachusetts Academy. The onboard computer system had made the FAA and whatever tower authority who had asked aware of who they were and what was going on. They'd passed through whatever checks were needed, otherwise Alec would have been woken up sooner. Before he disengaged the autopilot, however, he rose and poked his head out of the cockpit. Both Alessa and Diana were sound asleep still. He stepped back into the cockpit and sat down, grabbing the flight controls. It didn't take him that long to start the descent, and as they slowed moved down and into view from above the clouds, Alec began to see the Massachusetts Academy campus.

It was a pretty interesting looking place. He had to give them that much. Frost International and Wayne Enterprises had done a number on rebuilding it much like Emma Frost had had it, though with a number of additions. He surmised that the descent of the plane was what woke up Alessa and Diana, because he heard the two of them slowly waking. It was Diana who came to the cockpit first. Alec let go of the controls with his right hand, and held it out for Diana to sniff and check with her nose. Once that was done, he smiled. "You can sit in the co-pilot's seat, if you'd like." He offered, but she didn't take him up on it. He figured that a part of her was still wary around him, which was fine.

He was wary around himself.

A few minutes later, he'd landed them safely at the school. Alec rose and headed into the rest of the plane. "Alright, we're here. Everyone got their stuff?" He asked, before opening the door and stepping out, taking the small steps down to the ground.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

"I'm...uh...Dr. Grant." Benjamin said stepping forward. He hoped everyone else hadn't forgotten his name that quickly either. He turned and looked at Alessandra who prompted him forward. "Half of you guys come with me, and you." He said, giving Kip a head nod. "Up here with me." He said. "Dr. Grant." He said, oferring his hand. "And you are?"

VagueDurin

Post by VagueDurin »

Stoddard shuffled his way forward until he was next to the doctor and spent a brief moment looking at the extended hand before finally pulling his own out of the front pocket of his hoodie and shaking it. "Kip Stoddard." He introduced himself, quickly disengaging the handshake and taking a half step back to put some more distance between the two of them.

"The lady said something about helping you...?"

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

"Yeah, I'd like you to get everyone's names as we go through the dormitories. I think Dr. Santiago has a set up at the end of the little tour so that people can put their information into the system, she said something about a bank of computer terminals. Then we'll be able to set up the roommate system so that everyone gets a room and we can get everyone situated." Grant said. He watched as Kip just nodded and set about doing just that.

He absentmindedly checked his watch. Brooke had till the end of the next day to get here before he gave her another call. She had better be well on her way over to the school. She was supposed to be teaching here.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Kip did as he was instructed, though he didn't enjoy it. He didn't consider himself anti-social, but at the same time he didn't know these other kids and wasn't really all that interested in getting to know them at the moment, either. To say he was skeptical about this whole situation was indeed an understatement. The tour continued on for a little bit and before long Kip had discreetly made his way through the crowd taking down the soon-to-be students information on the notepad that Dr. Grant had provided him.

Once he was finished, he made his way back over to the doctor and handed over the pad of paper without the pen, which he'd slipped into his pocket. "Late for a date there Doctor?" He asked as he nodded towards the man's watch hand.

"Not exactly. Niece. She should be here soon. She's your age, but she gets into trouble all the time. Motorcycles and what not. I think she's broken the law and been caught for it in more states than I have fingers. The actual count, I don't know." Grant said with a sigh.

Mandalore_The_Uniter
DX Army Cadet

Alessa and Diana were led to Alessandra by Alec. It could be easily felt by the Telepath that both girls were feeling deep emotional pain., there were physical cues as well, Diana was whining like a wounded animal, and Alessa was looking off into the distance. Alessa and Diana were looking all around them at the magnificent structure of the school, "We have a Home again." Alessa said to Diana, putting an arm around her sister. It was obvios to all around that the two sisters were not used to such nice accomidations, as they were both looking around every corner for a Hostile to jump at them.
Last edited by Mandalore_The_Uniter on Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:50 am, edited 3 times in total.