The Black Roses II: Deconstruction

An interactive forum that focuses on DC and Marvel like superheroes...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus, WoH Coordinators

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

The Black Roses II: Deconstruction

Post by Mir »

Repost of Kit's Post from the first Black Roses thread:

Late 2006

The sun’s heat was unbearable, Marcus soon found himself dumping the rest of his canteen’s supply of water over his head to stave off the sweat. Lieutenant Marcus Weslyn was part of a small recon squadron stationed not far outside one of the smaller cities south of Baghdad. He and the other men had been out of base for a week now checking over movements in the enemies supply lines and troop reinforcements. Now, however, was the time to move.

Finally IDing the cargo truck rolling down the road as the truck carrying the package of chemical weapons, Marcus along with the rest of the squad had to move. Half running, half galloping down the hill with guns at the ready, the squad made it to the road in time to stop the truck. The brakes screeched to a halt and the truck wobbled to stop from flipping over as it tried to stop. When the truck finally stopped, Marcus and the other men made their way to the back and forced open the door. What came next, no one was prepared for. A cloud of yellow gas erupted from the back causing the men to fall to the ground hacking. From inside the smoke came terrorists clad in gas masks and wielding assault rifles. Thankfully, Marcus found himself able to stand and wield his rifle against the attackers. Firing off a salvo of rounds, Marcus took down two attackers before jumped off the road and behind a small dune. Bullets peppered the dune in front of him causing sand to kick up into his face. Suddenly, he noticed the wind pick up and began to swirl sand around into the air giving him makeshift cover from the attackers.

Jumping from behind the mound he fired off another few rounds and took down one more attacker before felling the familiar heat of a bullet impacted into his stomach. He fell to his knees and watched as the truck sped off into the distance. He knew he was in shock because he felt no pain. He slumped to the ground and looked around him. This is it, he thought to himself, this is how I die. But, death never came.

He suddenly began to realize the sand around him flowing towards him as if directed by more than the wind. He felt the bullet in his stomach push itself out and fall to the ground. He looked down to his hands and saw they looked to be entirely made of sand, as if the sand from the ground had covered them and was moving along his body towards his wound. In an instant he felt his wound sealing up and he felt better than he ever had. He felt like the sand was adding to his body and giving him strength. By the time he finally rose to his feet his small 5’10 150 pound frame had been bulked up to a 6’5 245 pound man. He had no explanation for it, but he knew he needed to get back to base soon and make sure no one ever found out about this.

Present Day

Marcus walked silently along the New York City streets, the cool air whipping at his face causing small bits of sand to been blown off him. As he walked he looked around and finally saw his target. 132nd Street Bank, a bank used to hold money for the war effort; the same war effort that had deemed him a freak after returning from that mission so long ago. Apparently, the mustard gas he was exposed to was an experimental type that did something to make his molecules unstable and after jumping behind the dune, the sand bonded with his cells strengthening them.

Needless to say, ever since he returned to that base, he was found out and was set to be shipped to a research facility to be studied. Marcus Weslyn was no test tube subject, so he escaped from the guards, suffocating them with his sand and ditching them in New York Harbor. Now, he went about his business in New York trying to get back at the same government that tried to use him as a guinea pig. From now on he was Marcus Weslyn no more. He was Sandman.

OOC: Hal, you're up.

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

Julius walked down the street, a skip in his step and a teenaged son at his heel. James was hardly as happy as his family as they walked to the exhibit. “what the heck could be so interesting about plants?” James said his mind wandering to a girl who saw on the other end of the street. He stared as he walked and almost, if not for his spider senses, ran into a pole which he dodged last minute. Julius lightly smacked the back of his head. They approached the museum and Julius looked at his watch “I got some time.” He said softly, “Do you mind if…” he shook his head, “Never mind, everyone needs a break.”
Domani, forget domani
Let's live for now and anyhow who needs domani?
~ Frank Sinatra, Forget Domani

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

"Which is why I planned this fun filled family adventure." They turned to see Michelle standing there with a smile on her face. She indicated the backpack. "Granola bars for the growing boy. Nice, tasty, healthy, and most importantly, designed to give you maximum time to complain to your father." She said with a grin.

"What about me?" Julius asked.

"Behave and you'll find out." She said, linking arms with him. "So, what do you guys think we should see first. The Redwood exhibit, or the ferns?"

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

“A tree or a leaf.” James said with a groan. “What two wonderful choices.” He then replied.

Julius rubbed the boys head ruffling up his hair, “Aren’t they though?” he replied wrapping his arm around the youth neck and pulling at him. “Now have a good time, Fathers orders.”

Frowning James pulled his uncles arm off him and shook head combing a hand through his hair. “Yes sir…” he mumbled. “I’m having a great time!”
Domani, forget domani

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Michelle tossed James a granola bar. "Ferns it is. Its going to be really hot in there. Ferns have to be kept at rainforest temperature and humidity if I remember right." She said. They entered the exhibit. There were ferns everywhere. Stacked to the ceiling, arranged to look natural. The people in charge had rigged speakers here and there to mimic the natural sounds of a rainforest. Right now there were quite a few different animals that Michelle couldn't identify making all kinds of noises right now.

"Interesting place." Julius said. Michelle turned to him with a mischevious smile.

"You've got a lot of cousins hopping around in the rainforest, you know."

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

“I’m sure I do.” Julius replied while grabbing James before he could poke his hand into one of the exhibits. “Don’t touch.” he added as he pointed to a sign, “Or can’t you read?”

“I can read fine!” James pouted looking at the plant a little more closely. “The plaque says its incredibly rare.”

“All the more reason not to touch it.” Jules replied with a devilish smile. "I see your enjoying poking around the 'leafs'. One might think you forgot we are doing something educational."
Domani, forget domani

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

"What's interesting, to me at least, is how a lot of plants establish symbiotic relationships with each other and with insects and animals. Not necessarily ferns, but plants in general." Michelle said as they continued to walk through the literal forest of ferns. As they made their way through, Michelle got the distinct impression that they were being followed. It wasn't major and at first she thought it might be the young girl from before, who James had been interested in.

"I can't believe I pulled it off." She turned and then smiled. "I managed to keep myself hidden from the infamous Michelle Crawford." Michelle took a few steps forward and put her arms around one of her best friends. Gabrielle Myers, known to the organization of S.H.I.E.L.D. as Feather hugged her back.

"Gabrielle, you were supposed to meet up with us after we'd gone through the exhibits." The brown haired woman shrugged. Remebering her manners, Michelle turned to Julius and James. "Guys, this is my best friend Gabrielle Myers." She turned and smiled at Julius in particular. "She's going to be the maid of honor."

Gabrielle smiled at Julius and then waved a hello at James.

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

“Its good to meet you.” Julius said extending a hand. He leaned into a hug and kissed her twice on the cheek. “This is James.” He said nodding at his kid.

The Woman leaned down and kissed the boys rosy cheeks “Nice to meet you.” James said nearly breathless.

Julius smirked and looked over at Michelle thinking Would you like your friend to join us? he coughed a little and pulled out a handkerchief and coughed into it. A tiny red stain developed on the white cloth.
Domani, forget domani

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Very few things ever got past Michelle. It was one of the reasons that she’d been as upset as she had been when she’d found out that Julius had lied to her about being Spiderman. Still though, she picked up on everything, especially anything involving her two men. It wasn’t a surprise then that Michelle saw the blood and reacted immediately. She opened her purse and took out a small bottle of pills, courtesy of the doctor who had helped them all out. She shook two out and handed them to Julius.

"Swallow." She said and he obeyed like a good boyfriend. If Gabrielle thought anything about the odd ocurrence, she didn't say anything. She smiled and reached a hand forward settling it on James' shoulder and the boy looked at her.

"Michelle has told me a lot about you,” She said, her flawless French accent filling the room with melody. “You’re Julius’ cousin, yes?”

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

Dutifully Julius took his pills and felt the symptoms wash away from his body. They worked quickly, or at least quick enough. He thought however that he had several hours left before James fidgeted a bit as the woman bent down in front of him. “Yes” he said smiling repeating the woman’s last words. He resisted the urge to gulp hard, “I am his cousin, more like a brother or a son really.”
Domani, forget domani

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

"Oui, I am more like Michelle's cousin than a friend of acquaintance really."

"You're like a sister." Michelle said with a grin, once she was sure that Julius was somewhat better.

"One that is better looking, though." Gabrielle replied. Michelle rolled her eyes.

"You're not going to get any support here." She answered her. "At least, you better not." She added, giving her two men looks of warning that spoke of wrath, ridicule, injury and death if they went against her.

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

Julius rubbed a hand through James hair messing it up. “You are very pretty though…” James said red cheeked. Julius resisted the urge to laugh and looked at the newcomer.

“Are you going to watch the presentation too?” he asked looking at his embarrassed nephew. “Because I’m sure we wouldn’t mind you joining us on out little family outing.”
Domani, forget domani

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

"That would be lovely, yes." Gabrielle said. She walked with the grownups as James led the group through the rest of the exhibit. Michelle lost focus, forgetting about the plants as she caught up with her friend. Over the years, Gabrielle had done her best to teach Michelle her language, and she'd picked it up fairly decently. She had yet to perfect the seductive accent that Gabrielle naturally possesed, but Michelle was going to get there eventually.

Then Julius would need to stay on his toes. She learned that her friend had been away overseas on a mission for SHIELD. She hadn't been able to talk much about it, and Gabrielle quickly shifted the conversation to one of her other friends. Holland Daniels' had apparently survived the aftermath of that article that Kyle Davis had written some time ago. It was the only time that Michelle heard Gabrielle curse, when she spoke of Kyle Davis. Even then, she only called him an asshole of the worst caliber, which for Gabrielle was as though it was that scene from Boondock Saints where Rocco kept saying fuck over and over again.

Apparently, Holly, as Gabrielle affectionally referred to her, knew one of the Fantastic Research Inc. people, Carly Stevens, the middle of the three Stevens. They walked through the ferns exhibit as Gabrielle told her that after the Energy Recapture Experiment which had gone horribly wrong due to a miscalculation on either James Matthews or Paul Matthews part, the entire group had received super powers.

In the end, they came out of the exhibit and Michelle turned to James and Julius. "You guys need food or something? From what I know, Paul Matthew's talk is going to be a little long."

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

“What you want us to eat Popcorn?” James said a smirk over his face.

“No no no James Popcorn doesn’t make that much noise. Potato chips.” He smirked a bit looking at his cousin.

“Yes but that isn’t healthy now is it?” James replied. “Perhaps some nice sticks of celery…” They sat down at the presentation and James made sure to sit next to Gaby between her and Michelle. “Do you want me to get you anything?” he asked her innocently.
Domani, forget domani

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

“No thank you, sweetie, I’m fine.” Gabrielle said with one of her smiles. “I can’t stomach this food, I’d much rather go hungry and then make something myself.”

“You’re just a cook, Gabrielle.” The French woman rounded on Michelle with murder in her eyes even though she knew that Michelle was kidding.

“Just a cook, mon ami? Oh, no, no, I am much more. I’m a creator of one of the most powerful and provocative types of art in this world, a type of art that can be experienced only once in a particular way and never again.”

“Temperamental as well.” Michelle said with a smirk. She got James attention and then rolled her eyes, even more dramatically than she would have otherwise.

“Fine.” Gabrielle said, her back straight as she sat primly. “I won’t make you any éclairs. I was going to craft you all a lovely meal when we returned to your apartment, but now I won’t. And let’s not forget that the last time I made a meal for someone in their home, I was paid through a diamond necklace, of which only my modesty will prevent me from naming it’s cost.”

“One hundred thousand.” Michelle said with a smile. Gabrielle was silent and shook her head. “Well, hot damn, that had to be a pretty necklace. Can I borrow it for the wedding?”

“No. I’m going to wear it and steal Julius from you.” Michelle laughed softly. She lifted her left hand. It just happened to be being held by Julius, who was just happened to be actually trying to pay attention to the preliminary speech. He turned and gave them all a look that silenced them.

“He does not appreciate my jokes. Perhaps he deserves you.” Gabrielle said. Michelle couldn’t help it and had to laugh again.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

“Plants play an interesting role in our world.” His voice carried well with the aid of the microphone. Paul Matthews had spoken before as group of people on more than one occasion. He’d studied the art of public speaking and if you wanted to be technical about it, he had a Masters in Communications. So he wasn’t scared or anything of the like. He spoke loud and calmly. Usually when he was out giving speeches, he imagined someone in the middle of the assembly and spoke to that person. He was lucky in that the person he usually imagined there was actually in the middle of the crowd.

Emma Stevens, soon to be Matthews, crossed her eyes and stuck her tongue out at him. Luckily neither of the people sitting next to her was paying attention. Paul would have laughed, but self control took over. He merely continued with the next line in his talk, getting a bit more technical and naming a few more terms. His eyes moved here and there, searching out individual people so that he could move away from being the man behind the podium and feel as though he was having a simple discussion with someone. It worked for the most part.

Slowly the talk wound down. It wasn’t too scientific; Paul didn’t want to go over peoples’ heads. He could easily do that if he wanted to, but he knew who his audience was. The actual science talk was going to go down later; this was more for the general public than anyone associated with academia. He knew that what he was saying would allow his fellow researchers to see where he stood and give them time to formulate questions that they could pose to him.

In the end, he left the podium and the stage to applause. He headed towards the area set aside for himself and his family. Jimmy and Carly were there waiting. Knubbly was sitting and behaving, since Emma had given him a lecture before Paul’s talk. He jumped up when he saw Paul, knowing that since the talk was over that meant that Emma’s lecture on what she would do to him if he misbehaved no longer applied. He landed on the ground and came over to where Matthews stood.

“Young Paul Matthews, much to learn you still have.”

“Oh really Yoda?” Paul asked with a smirk.

“Yes. Teach you I would, but pizza your fiancée gives me not.” He said. At that point in time, Emma came over, and slid her hands underneath the sports jacket that Paul wore, her fingers moving over the white button up shirt he wore underneath. She rose on her tippy toes and kissed him.

“I overheard a French woman and another woman talking about how good looking you are. Made me feel really good to know I’m going to have women jealous of me.”

“A French woman you say? Take me to her.” Paul said with a smile. Emma gave him a look. She turned and looked over her shoulder.

“Actually it appears they might be coming to us. There’s a kid Jimmy’s age leading the pack.”

“Please. That kid can’t buy alcohol legally. He can’t buy cigarettes legally.” Her younger brother said with a smirk.

“Here’s praying that when he gets to the age when he can legally drink he shows more caution and ‘smarts’ than you.” Carly said.

“Course he will. Cause he’s probably a pansy.” Jimmy said, feeling all happy with himself.

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

Julius walked up to the Scientist and stretched out a hand. “Interesting speech,” he remarked, “A little less technical then I would have wanted, but I’m sure that was for the audiences benefit.” he looked at the man and then at his own family, “I’m particularly interested in your research on micro genetic mutation which leads to genetic fallibility between host and parasite.” He scratched the back of his head a little. “I know a man, a Dr. Franklin, who would be very interested in picking your brain.” The mention of the doctor that was treating his genetic instability interested James and he craned his neck to see the Mathews reaction.
Domani, forget domani

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

"Its an interesting subject, one that some people have trailblazed. But there's a lot that's left to be uncovered. My team and I are doing our best to work on the unknown. Dr. Franklin you say? Maybe he and I can meet oen day while I'm in New York." He gestured to the rest of the family. "This is my team, we're really a family to be honest."

"Mainly cause I felt sorry for you and decided to marry you." Emma said. Michelle had a feeling that she and Emma were going to be good friends. Both loved to put their significant other in their place. The couch outside of the bedroom, where they would proceed to jump their significant other and get naked.

"Right. Well, this is Emma Stevens, and as she mentioned, my fiancee. This is her brother, Jimmy Stevens, and her sister Carly Stevens. We're actually working on an experiment soon, maybe you'd like to pass the information along to Dr. Franklin." Paul said. Gabrielle turned to Carly.

"It seems you and I have a mutual friend. My name is Gabrielle Myers."

"Holly's friend?"

"Yes, that's me." The two woman took a few steps away from the rest of the group to talk and fully introduce themselves to the other. Michelle elbowed Julius so that he would remember to introduce his "family".

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

“Ah yes.” Julius said feeling the nudge. “This is my Nephew James,” he said indicating the suddenly shy but attentive youth. “And this is my lovely bride Michelle.” Wrapping an arm around the woman. “I’m sure Doctor Franklin would love to have a conversation with you, I can arrange the introduction…” his voice trailed off. His spidey senses were tingling. Something Bad was about to happen.
Domani, forget domani

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

If anything it was the danger of Michelle rolling her eyes at the "lovely bride" comment. There wasn't anything wrong in Michelle's mind so she wasn't sure why Julius looked like he was acting weird. The Spider sense? She wasn't sure. "That'd be nice." Paul said. "The experiment isn't until tomorrow, so I think that should be enough time to get in touch with Dr. Franklin. I think we're needed elsewhere."

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

Julius looked at James with concern. His spider sense was still revealing danger from somewhere. “I’ll get in touch with him and have the meeting arranged within the hour.” Julius said when his spider-sense flared again. At the same time him and James looked to the wall and watched as a Car crashed through it flying through the air. Julius jumped and held Michelle down. James did likewise, with rosy cheeks, to Gabby. The Car came to a stop at the other end of the large room and a man stepped through the debris hole. Ignoring everyone he then turned to one of the display cases and looked at its content. Smashing the glass he then took the small artifact and began to walk away. Julius looked to Michelle whom he was laying on top of “what should I do?” his eyes seemed to plead. If he left now it would be suspicious and if he didn’t leave Spider-Man wouldn’t be able to save the day…
Domani, forget domani

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

That day, Spiderman and rest of the Spider family was going to be playing second fiddle to the Fantastic Five. "Stretch?" Emma asked, not looking at her fiancee as the entire team went on alert.

"Son of a bitch attacked a university!" Paul replied, clearly angered. Jimmy smiled, rising into the air.

"That's a yes." He said, and flew forward, his fists glowing with light. Emma nodded. Attacking academia had a rather singular effect on the stretchy one. Almost immediately, silver began to appear all over her body. Within a few moments, her entire body looked like it was made out of a durable metal, with nothing but her clothes from before covering her. Emma cracked her neck, and blinked solid metal eyes. Unless the man showed any new powers, it was possible that they'd be able to deal with him without her thinking about endangering her manicure.

Stretch for his part jumped up into the air. He'd recently found a way to copy all of his clothes, make them out of the same material as the Mr. Fantastic Suit. It had been extremely hard and dangerous and only a few sets of clothing had taken to the experiment and even then they were unstable. He reached out and his fingers grabbed parts of the roof. He hauled himself up and then shot forward, his legs wrapping around the car.

As the robber stared, the new Mr. Fantastic lifted the car and set it behind where the Fantastic Five and the Spider family had been. Then he lowered to the ground. He stared at the robber. "Defenses, we've worked on defenses." He said. Carly stuck her tongue out at Paul and before James could blink she was standing in the entry way tha tthe car had made. Mr. Fantastic rose from the crouched position he'd been in. "Surrender what you took and I'll find a way to stop my fiancee from dealing with her anger issues regarding me, out on you. She's the one made completely out of metal and impervious to things like howitzers mind you."

Emma smiled and waved as she kept moving forward, taking her time. Mr. Fantastic turned to Julius. "Perhaps you'd like to get your family to a safe place, Mr. Rapa?"

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

Julius shook his head, “Yeah we’ll get the kid out of here.” He said turning a corner and laughing a little. He peered around the corner checking to see if Spider-Man was needed and noticed the man standing there as if he didn’t care what happened to him.

“Time to go…” He said pressing a button on his belt. One minute there and then he was gone. Julius stared and wondered what the heck had just happened and came out from around the corner.

"Well that was weird..." James and Julius said together.
Domani, forget domani

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Paul had seen some teleportation devices in his day. Matter of fact, he'd worked on some himself. None of the team's jaws dropped whenthe man disappeared. Michelle and Gabrielle's did however. It was just something that you didn't see everyday. "Recover." Paul said, his face a mask. The Fantastic Five pulled back. He turned to where Michelle and all were. "It's alright, Seer, you can come out now. The same with you, Feather." He said with a smile. "Mr. Rapa, everything's alright." He would grieve over the loss of the artifact later. Now, there was work that needed to be done.

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

Julius stood up and looked to Michelle and James and smirked. “Before we go,” He said with a mysterious smirk, “We would love to have you all over for dinner.” The expression on his face showed that James did indeed want feather over to dinner, the rest he could do without. “What do you say?”
Domani, forget domani

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

"Oui, yes, of course." Gabrielle said. "But then, I am staying near you all, so it should not be a problem." The Frenchwoman said. She reached a hand out and gently ran it through James' hair, ruffling it. She smiled then and turned. "I must go, but it was good seeing you, Michelle. And you, Carly. When next you see her, tell Holly hello for me." Carly nodded.

"Wait, you know her?" Jimmy said, nudging his older sister in the ribs.

"Yes, you Neanderthal."

"Is she single?"

"Yes, and she's also deeply religious, so she's not doing anything with you."

"I might just have to have Paul go into his theory about how God is Dark Matter."

"He came up with that as a joke."

"She doesn't need to know that. You got candles? I think she might like candles." Carly rolled her eyes. Meanwhile, Paul was answering Julius' question.

"Of course." He said, putting an arm around his fiancee and pulling her towards him. "We'd love to come over for dinner one time."

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

Julius was working the stove as James scurried back and forth across the room on his cell phone. “Jules? Is it ok for me to invite someone else over.” Julius examined the Fettuccini and the Bagna Cauda. “Sure.” Julius said without thinking noticing that the portions of food would feed the group if James invited two or three friends. “We got enough food.” James scuttled away with a smile on his face. “Michelle!” Julius called. “If you could get a nice bottle of white for us it would be greatly appreciated.” Flipping the pan real quick sending shrimp into the air to turn he then checked the oven and smiled. “The stuffed Mushrooms are almost done James! Make suyre your guest gets here in a few minutes. And Michelle,” He smiled devilishly, “You might want to have Seer get the Wine, I imagine it would be quicker.”
Domani, forget domani

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

"I still don't know why you had to be all manly and not let Gabrielle cook. She is a word class cordon bleu chef." Julius flipped the pan again and this time, Michelle used her telekinesis to grab one of the shrimp. She pulled it towards her, rapidly cooling it, and ate it out of the air. "I hope they like Italian otherwise you're screwed. Everything is quicker when Seer does it, because Seer is better than Spiderman. And don't you forget it." She said with a wink as she put on her costume and headed out the window.

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

“Who doesn’t like Italian?” Julius said after Michelle left. He shook his head as the Mushrooms near finished, they would need time to cool before serving. “James they should be arriving soon, please get the door.” As if to confirm the time was indeed there the bell rang. James ran to answer it and hugged the person who came through the door. Julius arched an eyebrow and looked into the room to get a better look at James friend. The boy was blushing, his cheeks nearly as red as the guests hair. Julius leaned back even more. “Shit…” he said as he saw the long red hair of Melody McGinley. And there was someone next to her another red head, this one Julius recognized. “Is that John Nuzzolillo?” he asked loudly.

“Yes sir Uncle Julius. Uncle Joe told me to stop by and give you a package.” The package was Spider-Mans pills. “Then I saw Melody here and we know each other from school.”

“Surprised she ended up my door weren’t you then?”

“Very much so!”

James shook his head a little. “Dad you know John?”

“Of course I do!” Julius said. “He’s my fathers cousins son!”

John looked at James, “When did you have a kid…?” he asked puzzled.

“My fathers brothers son. My Nephew. We took him in.”

“Right.” John said looking James over predatorily. “And he’s the one Melody came here to meet?” Julius quirked another brow.

“He is.” Melody said taking James arm. Johns face reddened a little matching that of James.

“Well I aught to get going.” John replied… clearly he wanted to be invited to stay to examine the behavior of the two.

“Yes well tell your father I said hi.”

“He really wants you to come work for him at Oscorp.”

“I know he does…” Julius replied distantly. He looked to James and thought of Michelle, “but I’ve got other commitments.”
Domani, forget domani

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Michelle could sense when other people were in her home. She came in through the window to her and Julius' bedroom and discarded her costume. Naked for a moment, she reached out with her mind, grabbing underwear. She got both on and then decided after a moments thinking that there was nothing better than driving Julius crazy and making him want her while they had company over. Granted, she didn't have to do anything to achieve that result, but when she went that extra mile, Bugsy lost it.

Yesterday he'd worn a white dress shirt at some point and she bit her bottom lip and smiled as the shirt floated towards her. She held her arms out and it slid onto her. She smiled. It still had enough of your friendly neighborhood's household pest's cologne on it. Good. She grabbed the bottle of cologne out of their bathroom and spritzed a little more on the collar, but not enough to make it obvious.

Her jeans came next, and as the low riders that gave her an even better rear end came to her, she buttoned the shirt up, but left the top three buttons undone. Julius already knew she had a great pair, but there was nothing like reminding him. She fastened the belt, but didn't use the idea of tucking the shirt in. If there had been no company and James had been asleep and it had been a romantic dinner for the two of them, Julius wouldn't have had a chance. At least, he could try to hold onto the fact that they had guests over.

She left her feet bare. Pulling her hair out of the ponytail that she'd had it in, she flipped her hair over the collar of the shirt. She often wore Julius' t-shirts, but never a dress shirt and never like this. The cuffs were too big, but she didn't care. She headed out.

Her eyes narrowed. No, she didn't much care for the propietary way that Melody's arm had James captured. "Hello there." Melody and company turned to see her. Julius was still cooking, so he didn't pay attention, until the cologne hit him, but by then it was too late. "Is this your friend too?" She asked James before Julius turned around.

"Um, well, yeah. He's related to me and Julius."

"Julius and I, you mean." John snickered.

"Yeah, that."

"Well then, you're welcome here. Go, make yourselves at home." She said, and they headed towards the living room and out of the kitchen, but not before both boys paused to get a look at Michelle, all thoughts of Melody gone from their minds. Job done, she smiled to herself. She was alone with Julius and when he took a step back from the food, she moved so that she was in front of him. His eyes went down, slowly.

"That's...my shirt." He said, as the cologne hit him and his nose tingled. Michelle nodded and rose to her tip toes, giving him a better view and wrapping her arms around his neck. She was on his friends list and so he didn't try to protect himself when she used her telepathy. She kissed him, filling his head with images of them having passionate, animalistic sex. She broke off after what felt like a few minutes, having reminded herself what the inside of his mouth felt like to her tongue.

Her fingers went to his chest and began tracing the Spider logo, that she knew by heart now. "Be a good boy, Julius." She said, breathlessly as his hands captured her hips. "I'm only giving the shirt back if you behave."

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

John and James sat on either side of Melody. John thought of Michelles smooth skin sliding along his body, and James thought of the kiss he and his step mother shared. Both of their thoughts drifted to the girl next to them who now put her hand on either of their thighs. “So you’re family seems nice.” She said to neither of them and yet both of them.

“They’re good people.” James said.

“Very nice…” Johns thoughts now switching to a scene with Michelle and Melody dancing him in the center…. “Kind people” he recovered.

“Isn’t it funny that both of you are related?” she began to circle little figure eights in their thighs. “I mean what are the chances?” she turned to James and licked her lips a little. “But I can almost see the family resemblance.” She put a hand in his hair and ruffled it up a little. “I mean its in the hair and facial expressions.”
Domani, forget domani

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Before either of the two boys could answer, and before Julius could speak on any suggestions he might have as to what he and Michelle could do, Gabrielle arrived. She entered, bearing her own bottle of wine, which in reality was a bottle of champagne from France. She smiled, watching the two adults in the house kiss. Gabrielle was French. It was in her blood to enjoy seeing two people very much in love. Michelle turned and grinned at her friend.

"Hey. Sorry if the food doesn't match up to your standards." She said. Gabrielle shrugged.

"I suppose it is tolerable." She said with a wink for Julius. She handed Michelle the champagne, who stored it in the fridge.

"The kids are in the living room."

"Kids?"

"We picked up two more. One of James' friends, Melody and one of the relatives, John." Gabrielle nodded and headed towards the door. "Oh and Gabrielle?" Myers turned. "Melody is attempting to engage my son in premarital sex." Myers' eyes widened and fire ignited in them.

"Don't you worry. I'll put a stop to that." She turned and headed into the living room.

"Don't you think that was laying it on a bit thick?"

"No, and don't make me grab my can of Raid."

"Yes ma'am."

=-=-=-=-=-=

"Hello again, James." Gabrielle said when she got into the room. "Who are your friends?"

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

James smiled. “This is Melody,” he said indicating the red haired girl who smiled at Gabriel. “And this is John.” He said indicating the boy on the other side of the pretty girl. “Melody and John are from the same school.”

“I used to go to Catholic school but I transferred to a school for gifted teens which helped me develop my gymnastics and challenged me a bit more in school.” She nodded. “That’s when I met John here, and I met James back at Catholic school.” She giggled a little. “He looked rather awkward in his school uniform.” She pouted innocent eyes and batted her lashes at Gabby.
Domani, forget domani

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Gabrielle nodded politely. "Well that's nice. Its good for you to be able to have a number of friends at your age." She said, blinking her blue eyes. She wouldn't allow them to be sitting this close together, but it wasn't her house and none of them were her children. She held a hand out to James though. "I was wondering if you could show me where the bathroom is, James?"

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

James pointed over to a door about three yards away from them. “In there.” He said quietly feeling her hands on his and shaking a bit. “It’s a small apartment” he shrugged and looked back to Melody. “So how are you doing in Gymnastics anyways?”

“Oh I’m doing fair! Next time up I’m thinking of trying for the Olympics if you can believe that!”

“Wow that’s great.” James said softly in a bit of awe.
Domani, forget domani

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Gabrielle was going to take James and John aside and talk to both about premarital sex and why it was wrong and especially at their age, when the doorbell rang and Michelle called out that it was open. It could have been an attacker, but then again, a robber would be stupid to come up here. After all, if Spiderman, Seer, Feather, and Spiderboy couldn't stop the robber, he deserved to be able to get away with their stuff.

As it turned out, it was not a robber or a ax wielding murderer, but the Fantastic Five. The four of them, plus their support came into the room, Paul and Emma leading the way. They'd lost their dress up clothing for much more casual attire, and the two groups began to mingle. Gabrielle left the room to say hello.

Michelle stopped though, once she got to the fat little thing they called Knubbly. "What, I mean, who is this?"

"I am Knubblechen Prime, Human Knubblechen Relations."

"Yeah, I've seen Star Wars too." She said with a smile, deciding that she was going to like the little one.

"Yes. Paul Matthews of the Cascade Building has shown this movie series to me, Michelle Rebecca Crawford of Manhattan, New York." Her eyes widened and then narrowed.

"How come I can't detect you in my head?"

Because I move so fast. He said, his words coming up in her head. She smiled. "You wouldn't happen to have any pizza, would you?" He asked. "They wouldn't feed me." He said.

"Don't ask for pizza. The last time it was brought up, I got tied up in some things for quite a while." Knubbly nodded sagely.

"Yes, he did lie to you, didn't he."

"Okay, enough." Julius said. Michelle smiled.

"I like him." She decided.

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

He’s a damned security risk. Julius thought. “And you know how much I wanted to tell her the truth then.” He stared deeply. “And its called privacy in the future I would appreciate it if you respected ours.” Julius knew that the thought hadn’t come from him, his spider-senses prevented people from reading his mind. It must have been Michelle. “Come meet the family.”

James stood up and him, John, and Melody were quickly introduced to everyone present. “Let me show you to the dining room.” James said motioning his hands. He showed them the well set table with the cooling stuffed mushrooms and the bottle of wine in the center. “Everyone sit, Uncle Julius will be out with the main course soon.” Julius smiled as every sat and suppressed a frown as James sat next to Melody who was in turn flanked by John. On James’s other side was Gabrielle.

Julius nodded and looked to the Bagna Cauda. “This,” he said softly, “Is the traditional Bagna Cauda, you can dip the peppers and celery into it.” He showed them how to softly scoop the paste as most non Italians never even saw the dish before.

“Some wine?” he asked as he poured the glasses set around the table. He reached James and John and poured a quarter glass and filled the other parts with water. “A toast to new friends, old friends, good wine, and good home made meals.” He looked to Gabby and resisted the urge to wink.

“The main course will be a White Pizza, and Shrimp Fettuccini.” He smirked a little. “With a special desert and after dinner cocktails…. Until we get there though we have stuffed mushrooms bagna cauda and plenty of food.”
Domani, forget domani

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Knubbly just smirked at Julius' response. He could most definitely hurt the Spider if he wanted to. His stomach was telling him to do it as revenge for the Fantastic Five not feeding him. It wasn't good when one's stomach had a mind of its own. Still, he managed to avoid succumbing, especially since Julius spoke almost immediately of the meal. Knubbly found his place, after Michelle got a phonebook out for him to sit on.

The rest of the group began to serve themselves. Eventually, Paul spoke. "So, Julius, tell me more about the work that you and Dr. Franklin have been doing, I'm excited to hear it."

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

“Well we have several ongoing research projects.” Julius said. “Several involve mutant DNA, including unstable DNA. The other of course micro genetic mutation. We’ve managed in a lab to mutate several cells and devise a stabilizing cure. Such research could lead to a cure for cancer.” Julius shrugged a bit. “Also it could provide for a cure for more volatile mutations in the mutant community.”
Domani, forget domani

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

"A cure for cancer seems a possibility with what you're talking about. I'm not sure whether it would be good as a cure for volatile mutations. Its hard to determine what exactly volatile is. You start getting into semantics and politics. I know someone who considered his powers to be volatile and supposedly dealt with them. It was merely a ploy to get myself and the rest of the team here to reveal that they had powers and to see what weaknesses we have, if any." He said. Paul reached a hand and settled it ontop of Emma's and gave it a light squeeze.

"He's right. I think its better to not create something that would turn off the mutant gene for any period of time. It leaves the realm of science very, very quickly." Emma said. Carly nodded and turned, checking on Knubbly. Gabrielle knew what SHIELD's answer would be, but she didn't want to start an argument or anything like that, so she stayed quiet.

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

Julius shrugged. “By volatile mutations I meant cases in which the mutation gives no benefits to the host. For instance there was a mutant who killed himself because his mutation made him disfigured and weak. He was barely able to live what we would call a normal life and thus ended his. If we could save him then as doctors and scientists wouldn’t it be our job to so?” Julius shrugged a bit. “Granted it’s a slippery slope.”
Domani, forget domani