Strategic Homeland Intervention....Just call us S.H.I.E.L.D.

An interactive forum that focuses on DC and Marvel like superheroes...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus, WoH Coordinators

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Strategic Homeland Intervention....Just call us S.H.I.E.L.D.

Post by Mir »

Shade Comics Presents....Strategic Homeland Intervention....Just call us S.H.I.E.L.D.

The smoke wafted up towards the sky. He blew smoke out of his lungs and took another hit of the cigarette. "They'll kill you, you know." The man smoking turned and smirked at the speaker.

"Is that whats going to do me in today? Tomorrow, new research will link Omega-3 Fatty Acids to cancer and what I was supposedly to be eating a lot of today I'll have to be avoiding tomorrow. So thanks, but I think I'll keep at it." The one who'd spoken before smiled.

"Suit yourself."

"I think I will." She couldn't help but smile again, as she looked over the results of the tests. "You deliberately lit up, didn't you?" Derek Sheppard turned and smiled at the doctor from the balcony of her office.

"Now that you mention it, maybe I did." With a look of amusment, she tossed the tests back into the manila folder that was on her desk. She crossed the space between the two of them and turned him.

"Well, you're perfectly healthy, even with the whole smoking twenty packs a day."

"More like five cigarettes a day, no more. Sommers is the chain-smoker, remember?" She rolled her eyes.

"Junkies always lie." She took the stethoscope that was around her neck and fastened the earpieces before placing the other end on his heart. She listened for a few moments, before moving it around a little. Then she pulled the earpieces out and looked up at him.

"So, we still on for tonight?"

"If you're still alive by then." He smiled. He bent and kissed her gently. They were holding each other in the close intimate grasp just as the bomb detonated.
Everyone knows "Pops and Junior = #Ratings"
Everyone knows "Cazzik and Mir = #Wynning"
#Valkob4Life

Your Reigning, Defending EFL Champion
2x EFL Champion (2014, 2017)

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

His eyes flashed open. It’d only been a few years ago. He was in his bed, at home, safe. But she wasn’t. She wasn’t next to him like she always was. No, she was in the ground, lost forever. He slid out from underneath the sheets on his bed and walked out of his bedroom. Moving to the bar, he grabbed the bottle of whisky and unscrewed the top. Not bothering with the shot glass, he poured the Jack down his throat.

Good ole Captain Jack. He always took Derek to his special island.

Derek slumped down into a chair at the table in his apartment. He looked out the window, at the moon that was full and up in the air. He was supposed to report in at 0900 hours, it was a bit after three in the morning. He had time. He took another swig from the bottle. The bomb had killed his love, along with a good three hundred other people.

Work had continued onwards. Work never stopped. Not for Colonel Derek Sheppard. He kept drinking. Christian would make sure he got to the base in the morning. Christian and that new guy, O’Grady. Roy O’Grady. Something like that. In the meanwhile, he thought he’d drown his sorrows in the whisky. And maybe, just maybe he’d open a bottle of scotch.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Christian and Roy were in the car together and Christian executed a sharp tight turn into the parking lot of Shep’s apartment building. He got out of the car and looked at O’Grady. “Alright. Odds are, he’s drunk. So what we want to do is immediately force him to sober up.” He smiled. “If he puts up a fight, well, then it’s just more fun, okay?” He indicated the apartment with his head. “Let’s go.”

Five minutes later, Christian had inserted the key into the door and opened it for Roy. “After you, my boy. I’ll let the younger generation in first. Beauty of seniority if you ask me.”
Last edited by Mir on Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu »

Roy smiled slightly, "You're one year older than me."

Regardless he walked into the apartment first and scanned around, "Hello?" he called into the room, "Col. Sheppard?"

Scanning the room he turned back to Christian, "Might still be in bed," he said shrugging slightly.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

"Exactly. You're younger." They were coming up to a corner and Christian slowed his pace. Christian was about to keep talking though, when Derek came around the corner in a drunken rage and his fist slammed into Roy's jaw. "Saw that one coming, alright." He looked up at Sheppard.

"How you feeling, Shep?"

"Fuck you."

"Yeah. Its that kind of day alright." Sheppard swung at him too, but Christian ducked and gave him a light tap in the stomach. Derek just smirked.

"Like that's going to stop me."

"No. But this will." Christian was up, and had a bottle of some kind of spray in his hand. He started spritzing.

"Christ, get that shit away from me."

"Not until you sober up. Roy, you alright?"

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu »

Roy got up slowly grabbing his jaw, "Yea, I've had worse. Growin' up in Boston helps make it hurt less."

Roy then worked his jaw out before he spoke again, "So what the hell was that all about?"

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

"Boston? He's from Boston?" Derek said. Christian nodded. "I can't work with him. Find someone else. I've never worked with anyone from Boston and I never will." Christian rolled his eyes.

"Come on, let's get you in the car." He spritzed him again for good measure. Then he grabbed Derek and began the journey down the stairs towards the car.

"What's his name?"

"Roy."

"No, his name."

"Oh. I don't know. Roy, what's the name you go by?"

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu »

Roy's hands glowed a bright blue as he spoke, "People call me Overload. How 'bout you? Or will asshole do?"

He then turned back to Christian, "What do you keep spritzing him with?"

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

"Asshole? At least he's got a sense of humor. Needs to, coming from a shithole like Boston." Derek said with a grin as he sat in the car. Christian tossed Roy the bottle.

"It's just water. Spritz him if you want."

"They call me Cap." Derek said with a smirk. "And if you spritz me, rich boy over here has to buy a new car."

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu »

"Cap? As in Captain America?" Roy said his eyes widening slightly, "Holy shit."

Roy laughed to himself, "Never thought I'd see a day when Captain America would be punching me in the face in a drunked rage. Gonna' make a great story some day."

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

"Yeah, well. I'm happy to oblige. Seeing as its the only story you'll have to tell your grand kids." Christian laughed at Derek's words. He made a turn and they were entering the SHIELD headquarters parking lot. Not a large building, but that was because a lot of it was underground. Located on a man made island near Long Island and Manhattan Island, the base was the main hub of SHIELD activities.

Too many things went on to even begin to talk about. SHIELD had its hand in everything and they weren't afraid to twist when they needed to. Christian parked the car and got out. He opened the door for Cap and pulled Derek out when he had a little trouble getting out himself. "Whiskey is his weakness, Roy. Its actually listed on his dossier." He indicated the building. "Come on, let's introduce you to everyone and then we'll go meet the boss."
#Valkob4Life

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu »

Roy exited the car and shut the door behind him. He rolled his long sleeves up to just under his elbows and followed Christian and Derek into the building. As he walked in he saw the famous S.H.I.E.L.D. emblem in the lobby along with hundreds of people walking around.

"Damn," Roy whistled to himself, "This place looks a lot bigger on in the inside than from the outside. So, where to now?"

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

"We're going down, to one of the lower levels to meet up with the rest of the team." Christian said. The three of them headed to an elevator after swiping their ID cards. Once inside, Christian pressed the button for the required level. He turned to Roy. "Okay. The team is you, me, and Derek here. Along with a few others. Their names are Frostbite and Spectacular." He smiled. "They're both gorgeous and single. Neither is interested in me or Cap here, because they know us to be reprobates."

"Speak for yourself." Derek said.

"Oh yeah that's right. We used to have a member, a doctor." Christian's smile died. "She and Cap used to be an item, despite knowing that he was a reprobate. She died a little while ago. Medic was my sister."

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu »

If Roy had a smile at the comment on his new teamates it quickly faded as he heard Christian continue, "I'm sorry, losing those close to you isn't easy."

Looking to changes the subject he turned back to Derek, "So how long you two been in S.H.I.E.L.D.?"

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

"Since the restructuring. The government tried to make a new Captain America, guy by the name of William West. Apparently they got it wrong and he wasn't good enough. SHIELD is technically US government, technically not. It gives us the leeway we need when we go abroad. They convinced me to join the program, I was a normal soldier before, and they gave me the super soldier serum."

"Same with me. I've been here since the restructuring of the organization." Christian said. The elevator slowed and then stopped. They'd been going down, but when the doors opened, the windows of the floor displayed the outside world, at a comparable floor height. If they had gone up instead of down, this is what they would have been seing out of the windows. They were in a room filled with offices. SHIELD soldiers and staffers were working on various different projects.

"Christian!" A woman's voice was heard above the noise. A black haired, black eyed woman, gorgeous, just as Christian had promised. She came towards them. "Hey, you. Derek, whiskey again?" She said with a smile. Then she turned towards Roy. "Hi, I'm Spectacular." She said offering a hand. "You are?"
#Valkob4Life

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu »

Roy took her hand with a smile, "Overload, but, you can call me Roy." Roy looked her up and down with a faint smile on his face, she was gorgeous, at least Christian was right about that.

"So I'm hoping you'll give me a warmer welcome than I've gotten with these two?" he said with a wink. As he turned back around to Christian and Derek a large bruise was visible on his cheek. "So," he said, "you guys are in charge, what do I need to do?"

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

"Get me coffee," was Derek's quick reply. Spectatular smacked him on the arm.

"Stop harassing him." She said with a grin towards Roy. "You go and get your own coffee." She said towards Derek. Reaching out, she grabbed Roy's arm. "Come on, I'll introduce you to the rest of the team."

"You mean...Frostbite, Tiffany?" Christian said with a smirk.

"Yes, I mean Frostbite." She replied and pulled Roy into a conference room. "Frostie, isn't he just so handsome?" The brown haired woman turned and smirked.

"Yeah, he is." She reached a hand out. "Frostbite. But you can call me Kate."
#Valkob4Life

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu »

Roy half smirked as Tiffany grabbed his arm and pulled him away. When he was pulled into the other room he turned to the other woman and showed a small grin.

Roy smiled as he greeted Kate, "Nice to meet you, I'm Overload. But, Roy's easier to remember."

He then looked over both Tiffany and Kate, "Well, I hope you don't mind me sayin', but you two definitely make me miss home a lot less. Girls back in Boston have nothing on you," he added with a small wink.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

"You're sweet. Isn't he sweet?" Tiffany said to Kate, who nodded. Tiffany rose to her tip toes and kissed Roy on the cheek. "You'll have to earn more, I'm afraid."

"I saved your life a couple times." Christian said. Tiffany rolled her eyes.

"And you also scared the life out of my ex-boyfriend."

"What, he couldn't handle War Machine popping into the room to deliver information?"

"You could have called. We were halfway to naked." Sommers smiled.

"I saw a great deal that day." Tiffany cocked her hand back to smack him. Christian laughed. He turned to Roy. "We're like a family, you know." Derek stepped into the room. "Dysfunctional, but a family nonetheless." He added. He looked at the two women. "We're taking him up to see the boss. You two want to come?" They shrugged and the now five member group headed into the elevator. They went down even further and when the doors opened up, they stepped out into a huge room. This was Fury's office.

"Good morning, Mr. O'Grady. I see you've met the rest of the team. That's good." The voice was matched by an African American male who stepped into view. He wore an eye patch over his left eye. "My name is Nicholas Fury. Welcome to SHIELD."
#Valkob4Life

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu »

Roy smirked at Tiffany after the kiss, "I guess I'll have to get started on that then."

He then turned back and laughed at the exchange between Tiffany and Christian. Then, following them into the elevator he soon found himself face to face with the one and only Nick Fury. He was actually stunned for a few seconds as Fury spoke, "It's an honor, sir," Roy finally said as he snapped out of it.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

"Right." The man said dryly. "By now, Cap has asked you to fetch him coffee, and I could probably get you to shine my boots if I asked politely, but I'll save that for your first screwup. My laundry will need work by then too." He gestured to a display table nearby.

Pressing a few buttons, the table lit up with a display of the United States. "This right here is the Red, White, and Blue. We have our problems with supers and mutants and we're dealing with them as best as we can. But, we have to look globally. Let's assume that there's a new Doom, which a good friend of mine told me might be true. He's not going to target just the United States. He might target the Democratic Republic of the Congo. He might target Saudi Arabia. He might target Kazakhstan. We need to be on our toes to fight against any threat."

The view of the world shifted, zoomed out so it looked like the camera was orbiting the planet. "We can't afford to let our guard down when it comes to visitors from another planet. I don't want another Galactus as much as the next person, but the fact is that something or someone like that probably exists out there and due to our luck, will be headed right for us." He smirked. "So I want a team thats prepared to handle anything and can work with anyone." He pointed at them. "That's y'all." The projector died and the lights in the room came on, showcasing the spartan office arrangement. "That's the speech, kid. Now, you're going to find quarters on base and off base. Give the costs to one of the secretaries for the off base housing and we'll see that it gets covered. Then, you're hitting the training rooms."

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu »

Roy's face was neutral as he listened to Fury's speech, he remembered not only attacks from rouge supers but also the invasion of the Chrell when he was only 17. He knew the importance of both looking on and off planet for threats. Hell, he thought, he had fought his own share of villians around South Boston. But, now he was in the big leagues.

There was no more punks using super speed to traffic drugs around the neighborhood. Now, there were villians looking to rule the enitre world and kill countless innocent people.

When the lights flickered back on he nodded as Fury finished, "I understand." He then thought about the idea of trying to get a better place to live since it would be covered, but he shok that thought away and figured he'd spend more time on the base anyway. He then stood and turned to Derek, "So," he said as a smirk crawled across his face, "how 'bout we hit the training room. Althought this time I'll be looking so it might take a bit more than a cheap shot to take me down."

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

"Kid, even with a hand tied my back and blindfolded, I'd still be able to take you." Derek said with a smirk. "And don't you forget it." He took the lead as the group walked towards the elevator.

"You got a costume of some sort?" Tiffany asked Roy.
#Valkob4Life

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu »

Roy smirked to himself at Derek's comment, "Oh I bet."

He then turned to Tiffany, "Costume? Uhm, well unless you consider costume regular clothes and a mask, then no."

He shrugged slightly as he continued, "Never saw the need for anything more than a mask, and no offense but theres no way I'm squeezing this ass into spandex no matter how fit it may be."

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

"Now I really want to see you in spandex, my dear." Kate said with a somewhat malicious and mischievous grin. She looked over at Tiffany. "He's mine. All mine."

"I don't think so. He's fair game for everyone. Even Derek." Shep pretended not to hear Tiffany's comment. "What does your mask look like?" Tiffany asked as they exited the elevator, after having ridden up a few floors closer to the surface.

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu »

As the exited the elevator Roy thought for a second, "It's not much. Basically it's just a bandana with eye holes in it. Looks more like a halloween costume," he laughed.

He then looked both Kate and Tiffany up and down, "Now, you two, I'm definitely hoping you have costumes. Especially if they're entirely made of spandex or somekind of tight material," he added with a wink.
McCaffery: There are creatures in the deep you couldn't imagine in your worst nightmares.
Arthur 'AC' Curry: Oh thats reassuring. Thanks a lot.

"When someone stands in the way of justice, you simply walk up behind them and stab them in the heart" Ras Al-Gul - Batman Begins

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Kate just smirked as they entered a small room. The room had a set of doors, two of which were clearly marked as bathrooms. Another door obviously then led to the training simulator. There were a few lockers set up in one of the corners. Christian smiled as he left them there. "My 'uniform' is someplace else." Derek meanwhile had opened one of the lockers and his equipment was there. Everything but his shield which was being brought by someone else. Kate opened her locker and pulled out a dark blue suit. It wasn't spandex but it was skin tight.

Tiffany opened her locker the last, pulling out a skin tight set of leather. Kate had the decency to change in the bathroom. Tiffany just unbuttoned her black silk blouse and unzipped and dropped the black slacks she wore. She slid into the leather outfit, with just the black silk underwear underneath it. She turned to Roy. "You're seriously just going to wear a bandana with holes?"

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu »

Naturally the entire time Tiffany was changin, Roy's eyes scanned her from top to bottome. He then opened his own locker and looked at his own homemade "costume." Roy smiled as he grabbed a pair of black jeans from his locker, "What can I say? I'm a whole new kind of hero."

He then winked as he took of his own pants and slid on the more form fitting black jeans. They weren't skin tight but tight enough to not have him worrying about baggy pants tripping him up. He then unbuttoned his shirt and after pulling out a tighter blue t-shirt over which he pulled a black canvas jacket.

After he was dressed he reached into his locker and pulled out a battered navy blue bandana, "Damn, this thing has seen better days."

He then pulled it over his head and tied it so his eyes were showing, "Tell ya what," he said turning to Tiffany, "if I get beat real bad out there I'll give in and get a new costume. Sound like a deal?"
McCaffery: There are creatures in the deep you couldn't imagine in your worst nightmares.

"When someone stands in the way of justice, you simply walk up behind them and stab them in the heart" Ras Al-Gul - Batman Begins

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

She ticked off one her fingers what would happen. "Derek won't care what you wear as long as you're not naked. Christian won't want to be in the same room as you, since you take away from the official lookingness of the team. Kate won't mind."

"And you?"

"I just think you look like a street robber." She said, a look of apology on her face. She rose to her tip toes and adjusted the mask slightly. Then she indicated the door. "Head on in, when you're ready."

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu »

Roy made a mock hurt look as he put his hand over his heart, "Ouch, Tif, very hurtful."

He then smirked as she adjusted his mask and showed him the door. As he walked into the training room he looked around slowly before turning to the group, "Well, I feel underdressed," he laughed looking at the other's costumes.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

"As you should." Christian said as light glinted off the black and silver armor of the War Machine. "This is going to be a simple training exercise. Nothing too major." Robots emptied out of various holes in the walls and ceilings, which then closed up as the robots filled the area around them. "These robots are specialized and can defend against electrical attacks. You can't short them out." He said, more for Roy's benefit than anyone elses. "Thank a guy named Paul Matthews if you want." He added with a smirk and then rose into the air using his flight mode. The robots pulled out an assortment of weapons, from laser rifles to normal guns. Still others were able to project energy while more were bulkier, to represent stronger more durable foes.

"Let's have at em." Cap said.
#Valkob4Life

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu »

Roy's face lost any form of smile as he eyed the many robots moving towards him. Keeping himself cool and collected he powered up his hands and made them glow a bright blue. In an instant three robots moved forwards towards him but he took off towards them with his super speed. A bright blue blur moved between the three smashing their small forms into each other and finally against a nearby wall. As the blur stopped, Roy looked over the runied robots and smiled.

Although, the smile was short lived as he felt something hit him in the back and send him tumbling across the floor until he hit the wall. He turned to see a bulkier robot coming at him, but as the robot tried to land his punch, Roy was already behind it and drive his powered fist into the robot's back.

The robot's large form crumpled and fell to the floor, but as Roy turned there were more and more robots massing against them, "Damn, they just keep coming," he muttered to himself as he charged back into the fray.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Tiffany jumped into the air, using her flight to keep herself aloft. She had the strength to fight these robots straight on, but she often preferred to use their weapons against them. She waited, until a few of the robots decided to target her and use their energy rifles on her. She smiled as the beams of energy harmlessly entered her body. Then her eyes glowed yellow as she amplified the energy and shot it out through her fingertips.

Then she dropped to the ground and began to smash her way through the endless horde of robots. She saw out of the corner of her eye that Christian was definitely holding his own, though he was quickly expending the rounds that his autocannons had stored in his suit. He would need to switch to something else soon.

Meanwhile, Derek jumped into the air bringing his shield into the face of a robot that was up in the air coming towards him. Cap was getting up off the ground when a missile was launched from the wall. It wasn't a big missile, but it would easily take out a human the size of Derek. He knew he would be knocked out of the fight for a while if he took that hit. "Kate, a little help here?"

The brown haired woman, was giving indication as to why she was called Frostbite. She'd put ice on the soles of her boots so that she could slide around the huge training area. A single touch from her hands was enough to freeze a good deal of the robots and that in turn was enough to shut down a portion of their operating systems. Then, after freezing a certain number of them, she'd shoot ice spikes out of her palms, taking them down.

She was doing this to a great degree when she heard Cap's call for help. Jumping into the air, she used her power to create a slide of ice, similiar to that of Iceman's. She jumped, throwing her hands out in front of her. White ice shot out and began to encase the missile. She flew through the air, over it, icing the entire thing. It landed with a thud on top of a robot's head, the warhead uselessly sitting in front of Cap.

He promptly grabbed the missile and swung it around, using it as a weapon. More missiles came out, headed towards Tiffany and Roy.

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu »

Roy turned from his spot and saw a stream of missiles coming towards both him and Tiffany, "Watch out!" he yelled as he used his super speed to grab Tiffany and move her out of the way as two missiles struck where they had been standing.

"Thank me later," he said as he used his speed to run towards another grouping of robots and quickly dismantled them with his energy amplified fists. However, he heard a familiar sound and saw more missiles coming at him. Shooting beams of pure energy from his hands he sniped out a few missiles but noticed there were too many for him to detonate in time. As he focused, he put his hands in front of him which made a blue shield pop up in front of him.

While the shield stopped the actual missiles, the explosion knocked him back into the wall and send some schrapnel towards him which he tried to dodge using his super speed. Even though he dodged a large portion of the blast, somehow his jacket and shirt had caught fire and he ripped them both off quickly. "Dammit," he cursed to himself, "I liked that shirt."

He then looked around the room and felt his anger rising slightly. Trying control himself he focused and when he reopened his eyes they shone a bright blue and he sent beam after beam of pure energy around the room knocking both missiles out of the air and overloading numerous blasters held by the robots.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Christian had switched to the beams embedded in his palms. He was also using his mini missile launchers to take out robots as they were launched from the ever present circles. Each scenario had a different way of ending it. He was sure that it had something to do with the holes. If they could find a way to plug them...His concentration was broken when a robot, a large one, landed in front of him, swiping at him with an energy sword of some sort.

He didn't know the exact damage that it would deal, but he didn't want to lose a limb finding out. He shot a beam of energy straight into the robot's head. It brought the sword up, and the sword blocked the beam. He felt like cursing Fury, for shelling out the money to keep upgrade the robots.

"We need to figure out how to stop them." He called out, to no one in particular.

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu »

Roy heard Christian's words but had no idea how to accomplish such a thing. But, he had a few ideas to try.

"Kate?" he yelled over the din, "Can you freeze those holes shut?"

He then saw a metallic hand come down where he was once standing and using his energey amplified fists, punched a hole in the arm joint and watched the arm clatter to the ground uselessly. "Christian, try to blow those holes to hell! I'll see if I can do anything to the others."

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Kate shrugged. "It might work. Maybe...solder them shut?" She turned to Christian, he was the technical expert.

War Machine nodded. "We need a lot of the carcasses of the robots, and then I'm going to need you, Kate to rapid cool them after I melt them to fill up the holes." He turned to Cap. Technically he was the leader, though any of them could command the group.

"Tiffany, you and the kid are on long range defense as we patch up the holes." Derek said. "I'll be transport."

Tiffany nodded and landed in front of the trio as they got to work. She turned to Roy. "I don't have any distance attacks though. What should we do?"
#Valkob4Life

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu »

Roy held up his fists as the blue glow around them began to flicker, "I can shoot off beams but my power's weakening."

"Is there anyway you can syphon off some energy from those robots?" he asked Tiffany. "I just need a minute to collect myself. Too much use of my power will drain all of it."

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

"Not a problem, sweetie. As long as they keep shooting at me." Tiffany said, as the robots began to shoot at Roy and her. She extended as far as possible the bubble by which she absorbed energy. Spectacular made sure to keep Frostbite outside of the bubble, otherwise, she'd absorb the freezing power that the other woman was using to quickly freeze the robot bodies.

She reached out and grabbed Roy's hand. She could expel the energy through her body. She could also redirect it into another person through her touch. That meant she could theoretically charge Roy's reserves back up. "Feeling better, Roy?" She asked, as her eyes glowed yellow once more.
#Valkob4Life

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu »

The blue in Roy's eyes shone even brighter than they ever had, "Damn that feels good."

He then extended both hands and sent out an energy beam that obliterated one of the smaller robots. Looking at his hands for a second he muttered to himself, "Holy shit." He then realized that with Tiffany's help he had actually absorbed more power than if he had waited by himself. He was now acting at 110%.

"Thanks, hun, that's much better," he said as he stepped next to Tiffany, "If you don't have any ranged attacks, I'll keep zapping them if you can keep bleeding away their powers." He then extended his hands and began to send a few volleys into the group of robots charging both him and Tiffany and those attacking the others.

However, as he looked back towards Tiffany he saw another larger robot coming towards her, "Watch out!" he yelled as he turned and used his super speed to run at the robot. Not stopping, he charged up his fists and grabbed the robot in midstride. He had an idea so he kept a hold of the robot and ran straight for the wall. Trying to increase his speed, he rammed the robot into the wall with such force it almost exploded on impact. Then, after running back to Tiffany to help her he said, "I should hang around with you more often, I feel better than I ever have."

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

"I could have taken it," Tiffany said, annoyed. "And I don't know if you can hang with us. At least with me. I like my men to have stamina." She turned and grabbed a charging robot and turned again, throwing him into a group of shooters. Her eyes glowed yellow as she discharged a huge blast of yellow energy. The beam splintered and scattered in different directions, slamming into a group of robots.

"Almost done with the third hole." Christian said. "We need some more time." More missiles were launched as he spoke, aiming for the trio that were sealing the holes.