Atlantis: Rising

An interactive forum that focuses on DC and Marvel like superheroes...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus, WoH Coordinators

Ninzi

Atlantis: Rising

Post by Ninzi »

Atlantis Rising

The waters of the ocean belonged to the denizens of the depths. Those that called it home treated it with love and care. Not the way that those who considered themselves to be the masters of the earth treated their environment. For many years Homo Mermanus had watched what their land dwelling counterparts had done to the surface world, often times in abject horror. There was so much waste, so much needless destruction. With tolerance, Homo Mermanus had allowed first creations of wood and then monsters of metal to traverse the waters that they called home. Over the years, the damage hadn’t been limited to just the land. Homo Sapiens had destroyed communities of aquatic wildlife, and they had devastated marine ecosystems.

No one had ever really done anything about it. Namor the Great had tried, but his efforts had been in vain. Namor the Second had been too busy with fighting the Chrell and rebuilding Atlantis and it’s colonies around the globe to truly talk to the humans about what they had done to the earth that they call home.

But Namor the Third was going to rectify that. Especially after what he had heard from his council. It had been brought to his attention that there had been some kind of conflict amongst the surface dwellers around islands called Cape Verde Islands. The conflict itself had not bothered Namor or any of the Atlanteans, but the fallout from the battle had. There had been a naval presence and all of the ships that had been there had been sunk. Reactors had gone critical, and explosions had rocked the marine life there, destroying a priceless reef. Furthermore, there had been a growing and thriving Atlantean colony there that had been wiped out.

Radioactive material now floated in the water, tainting it.

Further damage had been wrought by tanks and vehicles that had been carelessly tossed into the waters surrounding the islands. Already recovery teams had been working, despite the radiation, to remove the offending materials. People would be getting sick from what the surface dwellers’ actions.

His council had demanded action, and he had understood that it was deserved.

For too long the surface dwellers had acted as though they could do whatever they wanted and face no repercussions. Maybe they had forgotten of Atlantis, and of Namor the Great. But that was something that was going to change.

By force, if need be.

“This is Brian Geter of WAVY 10 NBC News, coming to you live from the scene of a massive tidal wave that has slammed into Norfolk, Virginia. Reports are emerging that the United States Navy’s Second Fleet has suffered crippling damage and that the military base has been hard hit. The scenes on your television right now are live and unedited. A tidal wave has hit the city of Norfolk and is causing massive amounts of damage to the city and to the people. Already the death toll is rumored to be around three hundred. We’ve been receiving reports of similar tidal waves impacting against the rest of the eastern seaboard with varying degrees of damage.”

The news reports were starting to file in and Geter knew that his report would be on national news soon. It was a great feeling, but it was tempered by the fact that so many people were getting hurt in order for him to get this story. The damage was catastrophic. Look down over the city from the helicopter, he watched as the wave continued it’s path. Then he saw something that caused his eyes to widen.

There were more waves. Many, many more waves, and they were starting to crest, starting to be visible. This wasn’t good. What the hell was going on. From everything that he was hearing, some from other news networks, none of the experts had predicted anything like this. With waves like this, there weren’t often times much warning, but even still they had something. They had some warning. But with this, there was nothing. Something was wrong.

The water was churning, frothing, and the skies were growing darker and darker, as if a storm was brewing on the horizon. All weather forecasts had been changed, and weather satellites were going haywire as they tried to project just how this was happening and to what extent it was all going to happen.

All Brian knew was that they needed help, but where were they going to get it from?

Nichalus

Re: Atlantis: Rising

Post by Nichalus »

The reporter could only stared ahead, his eyes shocked, his face paled by the stunning events spreading out before him from his high vantage point. The waves, that were steadily rolling towards the east coast, were growing in height, building themselves higher and higher, both against the laws of nature and physics. They were now easily a hundred feet in height, which behind them more were building like individual waves of solders rushing to the front lines.

Geter could only stare at the vast turbulaent ocean outside. All his years, all the degrees in Journalism, all the years of on-the-scene reports in war torn third world country's, failed to give him voice to the horrendous spectacle unfolding before him.

Brian! We're still live!.....BRIAN!!" the studio producer screamed in his earpiece.

"I'm...I'm....sorry, I've just never seen anything like it before." Brian recovered only enough to continue. "The waves are piling up behind the initial one that has already struck the coast. As far as the eye can see, more and more can be seen. It's as if the ocean itself has...."

"Holy shit! Hold on!!!" Came the voice of the helicopter's pilot yelling into the cabin.

The helicopter lurched violently to the right, and Brian had just a brief glimpse as a red streak passed in front of the open side door of the helicopter. "Oh thank god...YES!" Brian shouted. "It's Superman!"

Thor sped by the News helicopter, his only goal was the find some way to stop the enormous tidal waves that were closing fast on the Washington DC area, and along much of the Northeastern seaboard. It was the sole mission that Captain America issued to him back at the S.H.I.E.L.D. Headquarters when they saw the initial devastation of the first wave of tsunamis.

He liked the Captain, he was an honorable man in Thor's eyes. Decisive in combat, thoughtful in his verbal engagements, and most importantly to Thor, a courageous warrior that met his enemies head on despite his mere human abilities.

Gaining some altitude through the stormy haze, Thor could see what appeared to be the epicenter of the tidal anomaly. All the waves were emanating from a rocky island several miles from the coast. He could see the ripples forming at the western coast of what looked like a lava formed circular island that appeared to be a couple of miles in radius. In the far distance he could see the East Coast of the United States, and was awed by the rows upon rows of waves building slowly as they pushed ahead towards the eastern coast.

"Captain, I hath found a small isle some miles from your coast." Thor shouted above the din of the storm raging around him, into the earpiece that Captain America had given him before sending him away. "It appears to be the cause for the great havoc besieging your lands!"

'Roger that Thor.' Cap's voice came through the earpiece.

"Who is this ...Roger?" Thor responded

There was a slight chuckle from the earpiece. "Nevermind that Thor, i'll explain later. We can pinpoint your location via a GPS tracker that is in your earpiece, but you 'must' find a way to stop the waves. Myself, Black Panther, Wolverine and Widow are at Langley seeing what we can do there, while Spider-man and Wonder Man head to DC and try and rescue the people there and protect our Capital. I'm sending Iron Man to your location to help figure out if there is something on that island that is the cause of this mess. His equipment should be able to figure it out. Now...stop those waves with whatever you can use!"

Lightning cracked around him as he pondered what he could do to quell the force of so much water. With a sudden thought he swung Mjolnir back towards the coast and flew to an approximate distance half way between the East Coast and the mysterious island. Still spinning Mjolnir, he raised it high over his head, and within moments a vortex began forming over his head, growing larger and larger until it began to pull the very stormy clouds over his head into the whirling swirl of wind and rain. Enormous bolts of lightning thundered from the angry clouds, as if enraged by the Demi-God's interference, striking Thor who shrugged off the powerful bolts without so much as a twitch. Within a minute, the vortex tightened into a mile wide swirling dark and angry vortex, and then Thor screams in rage as he pulled Mjolnir down below him, creating a huge tornado easily over a mile wide that strikes the surface of the roiling ocean and immediately begins forming a whirlpool, that begins pulling the ocean waters around it for miles into it's deepening well.

Approaching from several miles away a bright pinpoint of light can be seen streaking through the still angry clouds as Iron Man's repulsors flared, powering his armored form through the sky.

"I suppose it is too much to ask that our newest Asgardian ally could handle a small thing such as stopping enormous tidal waves from destroying our coast." Burke said within his helm. "Not to mention waves that are going to destroy my favorite Hampton's home."

--Indeed Sir, wherever shall we find a new flat for you to hang your helmet in.-- Data snarkily responded in the speakers.

"Have you got any readings yet on the island that golden hair spotted?"

--Negative sir. I have been scanning all forward scanners in that area, and can detected no electro-magetic, electronic or other normal man-made signatures that could put out the energy needed to create the volumes of waves....hold a moment....

Burke waited as he could now make out the gigantic funnel of swirling clouds and water that connected the sky with the ocean, at the very center of the massive vortex he could just make out Thor holding his spinning hammer.

"He's definitely got something up in his brain pan though, I have to give him that." Burke stated as he could see what the Asgardian was doing.

The ocean below was a perfectly controlled whirlpool, the power of which was pulling all the incoming waves into its powerful suction, and even the waves that were closing on the East Coast were literally being pulled back of the whirlpool, thus weakening them to the point where the ones that had reached the coast did not spill inland any further.

--Sir! I switched to the Sub-Harmonic's band and I have readings that I have never seen, or any recorded, that are off the charts. The harmonics are emanating from the island ahead, and due to the strength of the harmonics, I can say with 98.95% accuracy that they are the cause of the tidal even. Also Sir...I looked at the latest entries in the USGS surveys, and there is no record of this island in the geological maps.--

"That's impossible." Burke stated. "The energy to create those waves would be phenomenal. Not all the fish in the ocean could create that kind of activity, much less power."

--Thank you for the Physic's Lesson Sir, I will be sure to dump the rubbish that I have stored in my vast memory banks and bow to your omnipotence.--

"Smartass..."

--Indeed sir...wait...Sir, I am reading a change in structure on the island.--

"What do you mean...change?"

--It's 'moving' Sir.--

Burke looked at the readout on his HUD display, and much to his surprise the entire island's thermal signature was now moving...rapidly...towards where Thor was concentrating on holding the integrity of the massive whirlpool.

"Data?" Burke stated as he continued to watch the display of the island, who's signature was changing. Now instead of the mile or so surface area of the island, the shape beneath the waterline was widening, meaning there was an even larger mass beneath the waves. More troubling to Burke was the long thermal shapes that protruded out from the sides of the now huge mass beneath the water. What distinguished the form even more was the two huge shapes that were in front of the mass as it started moving faster beneath the water. "Are...are those...claws?!"

--Yes, claws the size of several city blocks, and the form does make sense. And here I forgot to store some butter and lemons in the armor today.--

Before Iron Man, much less Thor, could react the enormous form of what appeared to be a giant Stone Crab breached the wall of the whirlpool, The flat oval, with a bulged center, shell easily two miles in size and edged with large pointed spikes sat atop six large appendages. Two massive front claws snapped and slashed through the air, one of which struck with a speed that belayed it's gargantuan size.

"Odin's Beard!" Thor exclaimed just as the claw struck him hard, sending him wheeling through the air, streaking past Iron Man going the other way.

The effect of Thor's actions caused a reaction that was both good and bad. The good part, was that his vortex had pulled all the waves that the creature had created into it's whirlpool. The bad part was that the sudden release caused the whirlpool to collapse in on itself and creating one massive tsunami to begin rushing towards the East Coast.

--Sir, by my calculations, the wave will be 45.7 feet high when I hits the shoreline, and the resulting flooding will wash inland for a radius of 89.4 miles.--

"This really sucks...."
:obiwan: The 'Old Man' of the Exodus

EFFL Champion (2013-2016) First Two-Time Exodus Champion

Foxx
Secret Squirrel

Post by Foxx »

From growing up on the streets of Brooklyn to where he was today, Sean Toretto had always been a fighter. He’d joined the Army because he hadn’t been able to get enough of it. He loved it. The thrill of the fight, the adrenaline that pumped through your veins as you moved. The danger of getting injured or hurt. He had been an Army Ranger after all, and he’d served with distinction. Then he’d gotten his powers and the whole world had opened up for him. Despite the fact that sometimes he got a bit out of hand, he always tried to remember the civilians. They had never asked for any trouble, whereas he had been searching for it all his life.

No one in D.C. had known that when they woke up, that they would be experiencing what was going on. Some people around the country might have been happy that this was happening to the politicians, but Toretto cared more about the individual people. However he understood that his mission, alongside Spider-Man, was going to be taking care of the politicians and the VIPs. He was okay with that, understanding that this cleared up first responders to help with everyone else.

But that didn’t mean that he had to enjoy it.

“Grumpy face.” Spider-Man said. “You’re just a grumpy face.” He said.

“Cause the wave that’s about to hit isn’t a big deal?” Sean asked with a smirk.

Nichalus

Post by Nichalus »

"Ok...that makes me grumpy too." Spider-man conceded as he looked at the wall of water that was pushing its way up the Potomac River.

The massive waves was raging along the narrow river, the banks unable to contain the enormity of it and washing far inland dozens of feet deep, along the banks. The force of the water in front of it was quickly filling the Tidal Basin in front of the Washington Monument where Spider-man and Toretto were standing in the shadow of.

They both were only marginally relieved to know that the area surrounding the banks of the Potomac were evacuated of the majority of civilians, as well as much of the D.C. area, due to Thor being able to contain the waves with his whirlpool. Neither was aware of the new pressing danger of the gigantic lumbering crab, nor that due to it's interference with Thor was the cause of this huge tsunami.

A sudden squawk of electronic warble squealed in Spider-man's earpiece inside his suits helmet caused him to cringed.

---ATTENTION, ALL EMERGENCY BROADCAST, ATTENTION! This is POTUS Alpha Team 1. The EAGLE is still in the next. Repeat...The EAGLE is still in the nest. Marine One has had a catastrophic engine failure and we are unable to transport. Do you copy!?!--

"uh oh." Spider-man said.

"What?"

"The Big Man is still at home, they can't get him out." Spider-man replied as he looked over his should at the White House that was in the distance. Both could see a frenzy of activity in the front, as Secret Service Agents were scrambling to find a way to get the President away from the on rush of water and debris that was minutes away.

"I didn't vote for him." Toretto replied with a slight shrug of his shoulders.

"You're..." Spider-man looked at Sean with a tilt of his head and waggling a pointed finger at him. "...a very grumpy guy. You need to get laid."

"So, what do you suggest webhead?"

"Well, if Cap was here, he would probably just punch the Tsunami and knock it out. He can do that, ya know...he did that to a German Panzer in World War II."

"I think your over-exaggerating a bit there kid." Sean stated with a slight chuckle.

"Like hell I am, I read it somewhere!" Spider-man stated in a mock hurt voice, and then before Toretto could respond, he triggered his webshooters and launched himself nearly halfway up the Washington Monument and clung to the side and looked at the oncoming wall of water and then looked back towards the White House.

"Shit...what the hell can we do?!" Spider-man said to himself. He then looked down at the monument, and then up to it's tip, the HUD display measuring it's length, and then he looked back at the White House again.

"I got it!" Spider-man shouted. "WONDY! We need a water break! It needs to go on the South Lawn!!"

For a moment Toretto looked at Spider-man up on the side of the monument with a confused looked and then his eyes widened behind his protective glasses. "You've got to be fucking kidding me."

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Langley was a mess.

People were everywhere, moving around and trying to secure as much information as was possible. The hard copies of sensitive information was being destroyed as quickly and as efficiently as possible. Which meant that a lot of it was being burned, wholesale. They didn’t have time to follow the proper procedures for the destruction of sensitive items, but that made sense considering they didn’t know how much time they had before water reached them and they were all submerged. As it was, Captain America was doing his best to try to help guide the responders and to help guide the massive amounts of people that were trying to exodus the building.

Black Panther was helping, and he had to wonder why it was that Black Widow and Wolverine had been brought along for this. He knew what the CIA was, he knew that this was the hub, but he wasn’t sure why they needed so many members of the team to come here. After all, half of the team was here, at Langley. But why? Was there something here that could help them? Like some weather machine? Or was the Captain just so adamant about following orders?

No, that didn’t seem to be the case. He’d attached one of the team’s loose cannons to guarding the President, and he’d also given that task to one of the team’s powerhouses who wasn’t necessarily known for his tact. Those skilled with finesse were here, at Langley.

His eyes drifted to Black Widow, and he caught her looking at him.

His eyes narrowed. Something about the look that she was giving him, he didn’t trust it. Whenever he moved, she moved a few seconds after. Wherever he went, she was close by.

Almost as if he was being shadowed. But he didn’t have time to dwell on such matters. The task at hand was too important.

Foxx
Secret Squirrel

Post by Foxx »

The soldier in him balked at such a request. “No way.” He said. “There’s no way I’m going to do that.”

“It’s the only thing that will work. Burke’s ego is to far away.” Spider-Man replied.

”Heard that.”

“You want me to destroy the Washington Monument.”

“To save the White House.” Brady replied. “Rock and a hard place, I know, I know.”

Toretto shook his head, trying to come to grips with what he was being asked to do. Finally, he launched into the air, having made up his mind. “If this doesn’t work, I’m hitting you with the pointy end.” He said, landing at the base. “This thing looks like it’s over fifty thousand tons.” He said.

Spider-Man did a quick Google search. “Over eighty thousand.”

“Christ. I’m going to need some help getting it down.” Sean replied. “I can try to hold it, when it comes down, but I need you to actually break it.

Out of nowhere, a repulsor blast slammed into the base of the monument. Iron Man was seen in the distance and Sean could see three blasts of a similar nature racing towards the white marble structure. “My mother is going to kill me for this.” He said. 

“Just give her the medal we’ll get from saving the President.” Spider-Man said, as the monument took the hits and started to creak.

There was a loud rush, that he would later realize was the blood pounding in his ears, as a long, impossibly long shadow was cast on him. He’d never tried to lift anything this big. This was....this was ridiculous. He didn’t know if he could do it. Then it fell on him.

“I think I killed Wonder Man.” Spider-Man said, and the waldoes went haywire looking for readings.

Slowly, ever so slowly, the entire Washington monument rose, until it was being held aloft.

“Alright...where....where did you need it?”

"South Lawn, and we need to move."

"Easy enough for you to say." Wonder Man said and lifted up off of the ground, supporting the full weight of the monument. It took him a few moments, but eventually the South Lawn got a new lawn ornament. It was just in time, as the water came crashing against it a minute later. The wave was gargantuan. The break worked, diverting the water all round the White House and saving the building from being destroyed.

Ninzi

Post by Ninzi »

Many of the warriors on the top of the sea crab watched as Thor went sailing through the sky. There was a loud cheer raised through the ranks of the men of Atlantis, these warriors here to do their lord’s bidding. His bidding was simple. To attack the surface dwellers an punish them for their crimes against Atlantis. That was what they were going to do. The crab continued it’s movements forward. As it did, what seemed like thousands of men breached the waters around it. They all carried weapons with them, what seemed like golden swords and shields. Then a pair of black seahorses exploded out of the water, riding up into the sky. Attached to them were long black sinewy ropes, which were tethered to a sea shell, impossibly large, larger than a normal sized car. A pair of Atlantean men stood in the shell.

Soon, they were joined by more, many more like them. The man in the lead shell, did not hold the reigns. He wore ceremonial armor, that looked like it had been fashioned to make him look like a fearsome lobster. He turned to the rest of the men and in the loud voice called out:

“Men of Atlantis. We stand this day for our king, Namor the Third. He has commanded us to inflict his vengeance upon those who dwell on the surface in retribution for the savagery that they have wrought upon our house and homelands. Stand now, and fulfill your oaths to your king.”

“Hail Namor the Third.”

The battlecry went round the force, and could be heard from those who were in the water, near the crab. The men in the shells charged forward, and the men in the water near the crab did too. The crab's movements were slow, but that was only it's legs. It's actual arms could move at blindingly fast speeds.

Then the ground started shaking.

”What was that?” Captain America said, over his radio. ”It’s like the whole ground was moving.”

”That’s because it was. DATA is running a few tests, but it looks like they’ve got some kind of seismic generator down below.” Iron Man said. ”These soldiers, the crab, it’s not worth it to stop them, if we can’t stop the seismic generator. It can rearrange the entire tectonic plate if we let it build up enough momentum.” He added, floating in the sky.

So far the Atlanteans hadn’t noticed him, he was hoping to keep it that way.

”There’s only a few of us who can go underwater and fight it, or bring it up to the surface, Captain.” Iron Man said.

”We don’t know how heavily guarded it is, either.” Wonder Man said, chipping into the conversation.

”This...is a problem.” Iron Man said, nodding. ”Attacking that crab headlong is suicidal too. It moves a lot faster for it’s size. Maybe if we could do something to the water, then we can take the crab out as well as the soldiers in the water. DATA’s preliminary report is that we’re up against over twenty thousand soldiers.”

Nichalus

Post by Nichalus »

Thor had been struck by many manner of beings in his lifetime. Giants, Serpents, large brutes, feline and dog creatures that inhabit the Nine Realms. He had battled Surtur himself, dared to battle Hela in her own realm of Hell. But never in his time had he been struck by a titanic sized crab. Using Mjolnir he slowed his backwards soaring path, and reversed his course. A smile creased his bearded face as he reveled in the thought of defeating a new and wondrous beast.

"Mayhap, Midgard doth have redeeming qualities after all!" Thor said to himself and he streaked back towards the giant crab.

"Fear not honored Midgardians! I shall teach this crab and his his seamen what it means to strike the Son of Odin!" Thor stated into his comm unit.

--Did he just say crab and seamen in the same sentence?-- Spider-man voice chuckled over the comm. --Who says that Asgardians don't have a sense of humor?--

"Can the chatter Spider-man." Captain America said over his comm.

--At least Blondie has a sense of humor. Wait... There was a sudden pause on Spider-man's end. --...is that...is that what I ...think it is? Oh Jesus...we'll get back to you Cap.--

Ben was still helping to get the remaining staff out of Langley's CIA headquarters and also making sure it was secure from those trying to get in. He didn't have time to think about whatever trouble was brewing on Spider-man and Toretto's end, much less begin to lecture Spider-man's use of a National Monument, but even he had to admire his creativity...even though he would be sure to chew him out for doing so.

"Burke, do what needs to be done to get that generator put down. Thor, get creative and take that crab, and those forces out, before they hit land." He finished his comm directions, just as there was a sudden ground shaking thud felt around the building, as if a plane or explosion had happened close by. Looking out the entrance, he could see streams of people and vehicles all running towards the same direction, all the people screaming and looking over their shoulders as if the Devil himself was after them. Hell, with everything that has been happening, he wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if it was. They all rushed to the outside, and it was as if they had been thrown into an old B-Movie of the 70s.

Writhing and squirming through the treeline that surrounded the headquarters was an enormous Octopus, each of its gigantic arms rising up and slamming into the ground causing the ground shudders they felt inside. The arms were easily the width of hundred year old Redwood trees at the base and hundreds of feet long. It's eerily human-like eye was nearly a quarter of a mile radius as it looked towards them all, methodically raising it's giant arms and pulling itself towards them.

"Looks like the party has come to us." Captain said as he, Panther and Widow all looked at the mind bending sight coming at them.

"I really don't see how this is a party" Widow replied sardonically.

Nichalus

Post by Nichalus »

Spider-man and Toretto, standing on the Washington Monument's prone position with hands on their hips had been surveying their handiwork with proud little smiles on their lips. After all, it wasn't everyday that one got the chance to save the President of the United States.

When Captain America had called over the comm requesting a situation report, and what had transpired, they both had expected a lengthy diatribe from the good Captain about desecrating a national monument, but when it did not come they didn't know whether to be concerned or proud of themselves.

It was just seconds before Spider-man cut off the Captain, that he felt a low, but steadily growing tingling on the back of his neck, which he had assumed was the oncoming adrenaline crash, began. He looked over his shoulder for a second, seeing nothing and faced forward again. Then it dawned on him, he did see something strange. It didn't register at first, due to the fact it just wasn't something one would expect to see moving up Pennsylvania Avenue. Slowly he turned his head back around, praying that what he thought he saw was just a figment of his over-imaginative imagination. It was then he cut off the comm with Captain America. His waldo Moe reached up, opened it's tri-fingered tip, grasped Toretto's head and turned his head to look at what neither of them really wanted to see at the moment.

"You've got to be shitting me..." Both men stated in unison.

Both watched in stunned shock as a giant Oil Tanker, most likely caught in the harbor miles away during the initial waves, was barreling up Pennsylvania Avenue. Easily several football fields long, several thousand tons of steel was being pushed forward by the rushing waters of the Tsunami.

"Any bright ideas this time Webhead? Want me to go get the Pentagon, fly it over here on my back, and put it around the White House?" Toretto stated mockingly.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

T’Shon was on the communication channel as the octopus came barreling towards their position. His mind was scrambling, working two different scenarios at once. Clearly the main threat was the seismic generator. But there were only a few who could try to go after it. Try to go after it, and the crab would stop you. Which meant that while the octopus and the crab were dangerous, they were only window dressing for the true threat. However, the window dressing had to be dispensed with first.

“Thor, your powers give you control over electricity and storms, does it not?” He asked, over the radio.

“Aye, man in black, they do.”

“Do you think electricity, concentrated on the spot of the crab would be something that you could do?” He asked.

“No feat is too difficult for the God of Thunder.” Thor said and then the radio clicked off.

“What’s the play?” Captain America asked.

“We have Thor conjure up some kind of electric attack. Iron Man prevents any Atlanteans who would strike against Thor while he’s doing that. This will take out the crab and allow those who can journey to the depths below to strike against the generator that threatens your eastern seaboard.” T’Shon said. “More importantly, it’s the only play we have.”

Davis paused and considered and then nodded. “You’re right. We’ve still got this octopus to-”

“Leave that to me, bub.” Wolverine said, and the familiar snikt was heard as six adamantium claws emerged from his hands, three to a hand. The shortest of the group looked at Captain America.

Then he was moving, a fast paced blur, only the sun glinting off of the claws visible to the naked eye. He moved fast, T’Shon had to give him that.

Turning to Captain America, he smirked, though the look was unseen. “Never let your leaders challenge Wakanda. This is nothing compared to what my people would do.”

“Still not forgiving us for the little spying thing?” Black Widow asked, and T’Shon turned and glared at her. “I’ll take that as a no.”

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Mjolnir spun, over and over Thor’s head, as the skies darkened. Thunder crackled in the distance, coming ever closer to Norfolk. It would rain this day. It would rain thunder and lightning, death and destruction. These Atlanteans were fools for thinking that their crab could stop the God of Thunder. Odin’s Son would have stories told of his deeds this day.

Then it started.

The first lightning bolt slammed into the water, creating a ripple that overturned a handful of Atlantean boats. Many of the soldiers looked up in the sky to see the red caped man who brought another bolt down, and then another, and another. Each bolt splintered, creating scores of tendrils that impacted the water as well.

The crab for it’s part kept walking, trying to shrug off the glancing blows that it was starting to take. But the hits just kept on coming. The problem with the lightning wasn’t necessarily the damage that it was causing at the moment of impact, no. The lightning was pure energy, it was heat, and the temperature of the water was starting to rise at a fast, ever so fast, rate. Soon, the water was well above the normal temperature for the waters of Norfolk at that point in time.

Countering this, the Atlanteans rushed forward to try to stop Thor, those who were able to be airborne. Their attempts were futile. Those that weren’t stopped by the brilliant randomness of the lightning tendrils were destroyed by Iron Man’s defensive plays. Soon lifeless bodies and destroyed vehicles started to fall from the sky.

Still the water rose in temperature.

The crab started to flail, and from it’s back, small openings appeared. Cracks in the armor. At least that was what they first appeared to be. Then they started to convalesce, and it seemed as though there were hundreds of hard crustaceans on the back of the crab. They took aim, and soon shots of hard water, condensed to just before the point of solidity flew through the air. But the tendrils protected the man who had summoned them, a literal god walking the earth.

Still the water rose in temperature.

”I don’t...I don’t believe it.” Iron Man said.

“What is it?” Captain America asked, though his voice seemed strained, as he was now fighting the octopus.

”The water, it’s...it’s...DATA, is that right?”

You are correct, sir. The water is currently estimated at 405...no, 405.4 degrees Farenheit. The water is almost two hundred degrees past the boiling point.

It was a surreal picturesque moment. Appreciated by two of the people witnessing it, awing the majority, and dreaded by those experiencing it. Because the seismic generator was creating so much pressure on the water above it, the water was being lifted into the air. However, at the same time, the water was boiling, and thus steam was being released. Literally, there were water droplets that were being catapulted into the air, and then turned into vapor. The Atlanteans were boiling and so to was the crab.

But figuratively, it was something far different.

Burke was a scientific man. Not as cut and dry as a Paul Matthews, not nearly as responsible, according to Natalia, but his mind only believed in things that he could see, things that he could reason with. This was....

The oceans were bleeding into the sky. Over ten football fields worth of oceanic expanse was bleeding into the sky.

Ninzi

Post by Ninzi »

The water parted and a man came forth. He moved with speed, a speed that seemed to defy how fast the other Atlanteans could move. Sliding through the air, steam came off of him, a testament to Thor’s devastating attack. The God of Thunder looked down, and a moment of shock came across his face, as he considered the man, who wore no clothing save for what looked like a green scaly brief, flew towards him. Water fell off his face, and the look on that face was anything but calm. Before Thor had a chance to respond, the man barreled into Thor. The two flew backwards, and the man wrapped his arms around Thor as they fell towards the ground.

When they hit the ground, the impact was loud, an office building next to the park that they hit having the glass shatter on all of the windows on that side.

The man stood over a Thor who lay there, bruised, but not that badly injured. The God of Thunder looked up at the man, his vision partially ruined by golden locks of hair.

“I say, who are ye, that strikes the Son of Odin.” He said, and the words came out, angry.

“My name is Namor the Third. I am the King of Atlantis, and those are my people who you have slaughtered.” Namor replied. The words hung in the air for a moment. “I shall destroy all of the surface dwellers, no matter who they are. Atlantis will no longer suffer the arrogance of those who think they are better when their decadence destroys the same planet I call home.” He said. “If you stand with them, then you are my enemy.”

”Did anybody else see that? Merdude coming out of the water all angry like?” Burke said.

Sir, I believe the term is Merman.

”Never been a fan of political correctedness.” Burke replied to DATA.

“I swear he took out Thor better than Wondy did.”

“Did not.” Toretto said in reply to Spider-Man.

Foxx
Secret Squirrel

Post by Foxx »

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Toretto asked Brady who shook his head. "Thor can take a hit. I know he can. But what kills water?"

"The sun." Brady replied. "More specifically the science of evaporation and-"

"Fire."

"That simplifies it, but yeah. Wondy, you trying to be smart?" Brady asked.

Wonder Man didn't respond. Instead he flew forward, grabbing the oil tanker that had been moving towards them. Grabbing it, he rose up in the air and moved towards where Namor and Thor were. Taking careful aim, he hurled the tanker, all of them, towards the park where the two men were.

Thor could take it.

Ninzi

Post by Ninzi »

The tanker exploded into a huge fireball.

Burke heard Captain America over their communications systems.

”Iron Man, go for it. This is our shot. Wonder Man, you’re with him.”

Burke didn’t respond. Instead, he hit the thrusters and descended down towards the water below. Random shots of what looked like energy that had a liquid feel came towards him, but the maneuverability of the suit enabled him to avoid the shots. Then he was underwater. Burke’s eyes scanned, and the suit’s lenses started zooming in, tracking his eyes’ movements as he searched. There was a beacon on a map of sorts, that was to guide him towards where the seismic anomaly was originating from. Furthermore, his map data was being populated from Stark Industries satellites survey sweeps that were conducted every week of the planet, as well as United States Naval oceanographic data. It was a good bit of information to go on.

He didn’t hear a splash, but on his radar, a blue pip showed up that was labeled with “WM” for Wonder Man. So Wonder Man had joined him.

Moving over a ridge, Iron Man saw that the area in front of him was a deep depression. But in the middle of the depression was a raised plateau. On top of the plateau was a large machine, that looked like a metal lobster. A quick scan told him that it had been built out of the remnants of a World War II era submarine. Well that was good. That meant that the metal would be easier to deal with. The guards that surrounded it would be much more difficult.

He saw a purplish glow coming up behind him, and a quick check of his HUD told him that it was Wonder Man. The guards were able to see the purplish glow, and they started to surge forward, weapons in hand. The Ionic energy field completely encapsulated Wonder Man, and Iron Man spoke, knowing that Toretto could hear him.

”I’ll take care of the guards. I need you to take out the generator.”

Wonder Man just nodded, well, he approximated a nod with his head, what with all the water that was around them. The duo broke from their previous paths. Iron Man started firing his pulse bolts at the guards who were swimming towards them. There were a lot of them, but they took Iron Man to be the more dangerous foe, which is what he had hoped. Going after him diverted their attention from the real threat, which was Wonder Man. He landed on the plateau and started to try to break the seismic generator off of the ground. Iron Man knew his strengths and weaknesses, and he knew that pound for pound, Wonder Man was stronger than the strength that Burke’s suit gave him.

He had to give him the time that he needed.

Wonder Man’s fists slammed into the metal, causing a large dent. He had to time his punches though, as the generator had automated self defenses. Dodging these shots, he landed another hit on the metal hull. Then one of the liquid like energy blasts hit him from behind. He slumped to the ground and turned, looking at who had shot him. The Atlantean cavalry were here.

“We’ve got more company.” He said.

“Go, just lift the damn generator.” Iron Man said. ”I’ll keep them busy.”

The ground shook and dirt billowed up into the water in slow motion, as Wonder Man slowly lifted the entire seismic generator up into the air. Iron Man fired his Uni-Beam through the water towards the Atlantean reinforcements, causing them to scatter. Then he moved forward, firing repulsor beam after repulsor beam at them, all the while watching his HUD as Wonder Man, generator in tow, got closer to the surface.
Ninzified lol.

Foxx
Secret Squirrel

Post by Foxx »

The seismic generator exploded out of the water, with Wonder Man underneath it. As soon as he did, the Atlanteans that were in the area started targeting him. Especially the ones that were flying. Since he had no ranged attacks, Toretto knew that he was going to need some help. He couldn't fight back with his fists, since he had to hold the multi ton seismic generator aloft. Which meant that he was going to have to count on how durable he was. Thankfully, he had never found an upper limit for it. But that didn't mean that he was looking for today to be the day that he found out what that limit was. Better to put that off for another day.

“I could use some help here.” He said. “Air is crawling with guys, and Iron Man is busy with the Atlanteans down below. Looks like Thor is still out of it.”

“Wonder Man, this is Captain America, we have F-22s and F-16s inbound to assist you.”

“Aww, you didn’t have to get the Air Force.” Wonder Man said, as he saw the fighter jets approaching in the distance. “I feel all special inside.”

“He kind of did. You suck, Wondy.” Spider Man said, chiming in. “I’d totally be able to handle some fish brains myself.”

“Spider-Man, stop flexing and looking at yourself and help with the ground fight.” Captain America said.

“You’re nowhere near me! How did you know?” Spider-Man replied. There was silence for a while. “Oh alright, alright. How’s the head fish guy?” He asked.

“That’s what I’m going to find out, right now.” Captain America replied.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

A blur moved through the air and slammed into one of the Atlantean soldiers. It was Thor, who had shrugged off the fire, as Wonder Man had assumed he would. The Norse god of thunder was a beast that took down Atlantean after Atlantean, to allow Wonder Man to take the seismic generator to land.

But that was where the problem got worse. As soon as the seismic generator touched the ground, it started to shake the ground even worse than it had before. At least before it had been creating a tidal wave, which was interesting to consider that that was not as bad as having massive earthquakes that shook the ground. Wonder Man was thrown to the ground and he turned to Thor who had landed next to him.

“So, you got a plan?” He asked.

Thor merely nodded and then started twirling the hammer.

“Oh right.” Wonder Man said, nodding slowly. “We’re gonna hit it.” He added.

“Thy words are true.” Thor said, and brought the hammer down.

Ninzi

Post by Ninzi »

Namor was groggy, very groggy. The tanker had hit the ground near him, and though it hadn’t been that bad of a shockwave, the fire that had been started because of it, that had hurt. Struggling to his feet, he turned to see a man in red, white, and blue running towards him. Shaking his head, Namor tried to clear the cobwebs, and looked at the man in front of him. Who was this man? He wasn’t sure, but the imagery looked familiar, like he had seen a picture of him before.

He set himself, and readied himself, as the man threw the shield that he carried at Namor…
Ninzified lol.

Ninzi

Post by Ninzi »

Ducking, Namor allowed the shield to pass by him. He lifted his body back upwards, but found that he had to move again, as the shield had ricocheted off of a tree and was headed directly back at him. Coming back up one more time, Namor’s eyes narrowed. The man had thrown it precisely that way, in case he tried to duck it. The variables for something like that were quite complex, which vaulted this man up the list of people that Namor had fought against in his lifetime. The list wasn’t that high, and the competition hadn’t ben very qualified, but Namor was prepared for this. It would have been easier if he hadn’t been doused in fire not too long ago. He could feel his body bing weaker than it was normally.

Moving to the side, he dodged the aerial knee strike that the man led off with. The two started a complicated series of parries and blocks. There were no words between the men as they fought, until the man with the shield spoke.

“I don’t want to keep doing this.” He said.

“Unfortunately for you, that choice is not of your own to make.” Namor replied. “I will not leave this day until my voice is heard by the surface-dwellers.” He said.

The man frowned, as he lifted a forearm to block Namor’s strike. “What is your complaint?” He asked, taking a step back, to block a kick.

Namor ducked under the man’s riposte, and leapt outwards, to attack the man again. “Your people dump chemicals into the waters. They lose ships in the waters. They damage ecosystems around the world with their actions, careless, careless actions. The oceans are my domain, they are my territory and I protect them.” Namor said. “I give you no more reason than that, I am Namor the Third, King of Atlantis.”

Captain America backed off at this, taking more than a few steps back so that there was some distance between himself and Namor. He held his hands up. “Your highness, my apologies.” He said. “My name is Captain America. Do you know who I am?” He asked.

“Who you are, is immaterial.” Namor said. “My name is Namor, ‘avenging son’. I will avenge my people and the losses that they have suffered.”

“You do not need to do that.” Captain America said. “There are peaceful ways to accomplish what you seek. Violence does not have to be the answer.” He said.

But his timing was horrible.

Both men turned, hearing the sound of an Asgardian hammer slamming against Atlantean metal.

Namor’s eyes narrowed. “Violence is the only answer for this problem, which your people have neglected for so long. Imperius Rex!” He said, charging forward.
Ninzified lol.

Foxx
Secret Squirrel

Post by Foxx »

Wonder Man had to shield his eyes from the sparks that flew when Thor brought the hammer down. Lowering his hand, he saw that Thor had heavily dented the metal.

“Keep going.” He said.

The machine was still on, and both men had to brace themselves in order to stay rooted to the ground. The seismic shockwaves were pushing trees and cars in the area in an outward wave, knocking over some of the trees, and flipping some of the cars.

Thor slammed the hammer down one more time, breaking through the metal of the machine. It was then that they saw the glowing gem that looked like it was plugged into the machine like some kind of battery. A blood red gem that appeared to be at the heart of the machine.

“Burke, I think we’ve got a situation.” Wonder Man said. He could tell that the gem was important and since Doom had taken some kind of gem from the Asgardian vault, he had a feeling that this was related to it.

“Oooh, I can help.” Spider-Man said, flipping over towards where they were. He was able to move faster than he would have otherwise, since the seismic generator had stopped producing its shockwaves. It took him a few moments, but he reached them and saw that they had torn the machine apart a bit further. He landed on the ground and with a waldo on Wonder Man’s shoulder, and another on Thor’s, lifted himself up to get a better view. “Oh, snap.” He said.

“What is it?” Wonder Man asked.

“Cap…” Spider-Man said, “…if you’re not too busy punching Namor, ask him how the Atlanteans got an Infinity gem? Please and thank you.”

Nichalus

Post by Nichalus »

"It is a poor leader that leads with violence and deaths of countless innocents, without giving diplomacy a chance to prevent war." Cap stated as he leapfrogged over Namor's charge, and immediately spun his shield around and blocked Namor's swinging backfist. "Your name will be synonymous with names like Hitler, Hussein and Ben-Laden, and whether you know those names or not, you don't want to be lumped in with them."

--...ask him how the Atlanteans got an Infinity Gem?-- Was all that Cap heard as he ducked another vicious strike from Namor.

"You dare to question my leadership land-dweller?!" Namor yelled in anger. "None may question my authority, nor my decisions! It was your kind that threatened my people, and it is my right to seek vengeance for my people!"

"Spoken like a true dictator." Cap stated as Namor's fist clanged harmlessly off his shield, but the force of the blow inched him backwards slightly, even with its kinetic energy absorbing ability. "A dictator that is using a powerful relic for vengeance, and obviously doesn't understand its full capabilities. Which means that we will have to relieve you of it before you do."

Captain launched himself forward, raising his shield up to block Namor's double-fisted blow, threw a straight jab into Namor's chin, spun on the ball of his foot and slammed the edge of the shield between Namor's third and fourth ribs. Namor stutter stepped sideways from the blow, his breath taken away by the nearly paralyzing blow. Namor grimaced from both the attack and the fact he was surprised by the fighting prowess, quickness and agility of this mere land-dweller. Even in his weakened state he should have had no problem with his man, at least within his own mind, and it only further served to enrage him further at being manhandled by him.

"You are but one man, and you will not stop my right to defend my people for those that pollute our waters."

"Wrong Mr. Spock." Spider-man said as he suddenly came from above, swinging from a webline attached to an airborne Torretto's belt, and caught Namor squarely on the jaw with his armored boot. "Here in the U.S of A, you don't fight against one, you fight against us all."

Namor staggered backwards, spinning around from the blow, and coming face to face with Iron Man. "You know, you could have just asked nicely for us to look into this, but nooo, you wanted to be the big bad Fish Man. Not only is that a mistake on your part, but I'm dropping all my stock in Long John Silvers restaurants. By the way...." Iron Man looked down at the small wings on Namor's ankles. "Does Tinkerbell know that you stole her wings?"

Namor didn't have a chance to respond, as Iron Man ignited his chestpiece's Uni-Beam, striking Namor at point blank range in his chest, sending him flying backwards where Thor was raising Mjolnir back and timing Namor's approach.

"Verily Merman, mine comrades speak the truth. They are truly honorable warriors, 'tis their right to avenge and defend their peoples. Thou hast err'ed by attacking them instead of seeking their counsel. Innocent blood has been shed, and thou must be stopped!" Thor swings Mjolnir and hammers him into the rising army of Atlantians that pour from the shores, only to send them tumbling like ten pins, as Namor's body slams through them.

"Ohhhh, that is going for the fences! HOMERUN!!" Spider-man yells out.

Ninzi

Post by Ninzi »

On the ground, Namor struggled to his feet. He brought a hand up and wiped a trickle of blood from his mouth. The man with the helm had hit him hard enough, that he had caused the King of Atlantis to bleed. To bleed. But Namor blamed the man who looked like he was in charge, the one who had dared to call him a dictator.

“Ten bucks if you don’t quote Dodgeball.” Wonder Man said to Spider-Man.

“Ten bucks if he quotes Dodgeball.” Iron Man said in reply, pointing at Namor and Wonder Man nodded in return.

“No one makes me bleed my own blood! I am NAMOR!” Namor roared.

“Son of a bitch.” Wonder Man said.

The King of Atlantis stood there, breathing heavily as he looked out at his foes. The Atlantean soldiers who were around him, were ready, but a man who had different armor than the rest reached out and grabbed Namor’s arm.

“Milord, we lack the strength to continue. They have destroyed the arcane machine. Our forces are scattered, and they…possess strength that rivals your own.”

Namor shook the man off. “I am the King of Atlantis.” He said, and pointed, directly at Captain America. “I swear to you, land-dweller, that your time will come. The waters will not suffer these injustices anymore. Mark my words, and mark them well.” He said, and started to take a few steps back. “Imperius Rex.” He said, as the Atlantean army started to retreat. “Imperius Rex.
Ninzified lol.

Nichalus

Post by Nichalus »

"Namor, listen to me." Ben pulled back his mask and walking up behind Namor.

The Atlantian warrior turned as one, leveling their weapons at Davis, who made no aggressive movements, but continued to approach the ruler of Atlantis. "I have no time, nor do I care to hear anything further from you surface-dweller!" Namor stated stiffly refusing to stop, or even turn around.

"Well, you're going to hear me one way or the other." Ben replied, staying slightly behind and to the side of Namor. "We have International regulations against dumping toxic chemicals or materials in the oceans. If there is someone that is breaking these laws, we would be happy to help you bring them to justice. Fighting is not the way, we can solve this peacefully and united."

"Even if we discover that it is someone from America, I will promise you that we will bring them to justice. I know that Atlantis and the United States have not always got along in the past, but the last King of Atlantis worked with us before, we need to do so again. I'm sure that even Burke could help you with cleaning up your waters, and removing the toxins that are harming your people.

Burke stepped up, his faceplate sliding up to reveal is face. He over-dramatically made a thoughtful expression, completely with a contemplative touching of his chin with his fingers. "Hmmm, yes....yes Georgio, I do believe that I might have some research items that could aid in this noble and worthwh..."

Ben cutoff Burke by leaning back and tapping his shield against Burke's armored chest. "We have extended the Olive branch your Highness, it will be your word that continues a war where lives, Atlantian and Surface dwelling, will die needlessly...or...you can show your people that you are thinking about them and will allow us to cleanse your waters. You have my word that I will move the heavens and earth to get to the bottom of who is polluting your waters."

Ninzi

Post by Ninzi »

Namor turned and stared Captain America in the eye. He gave up a few inches in height to the other man, but Namor’s eyes held much more promise of violence than the other man’s did. “Your word? What exactly is your word supposed to mean to me? I’ll anwer the question, it means nothing to me, Captain.” He said. “Who are you pretending to be, Steven Rogers?” He asked, and then spat on the ground.

“No, I’m not pretending to be Steven Rogers. My name is Benjamin Davis, and I’m a bad replacement of Steven Rogers, I know. I get that a lot, as it happens. You should hear the Director of Vanguard.” Captain America replied. “I may not be Steve Rogers, and I may not live up to what he did or could do. But I’m the poor replacement that’s trying to help you, the best way I know how to.” He said, shrugging slowly.

The King of Atlantis considered the other man’s words, his eyes narrowing as he looked at him. “Your words hold merit, Davis.”

“I’ll totally pass that along to Gracie boy, don’t worry.” Burke said, leaning in to whisper in Davis’ ear.

Davis waved him away. “Do we have a deal, your highness?” He asked, extending his hand.

Namor looked away and then nodded. He took Davis’ hand and they shook. Suddenly, he pulled Captain America in close. “We have an accord, Davis. Remember though, I’m trusting you. If I have reason to believe that you’re not working for justice for my people, the costume you wear makes you stick out of a crowd.” He said.

“When I have news, I’ll find you. The wings on your feet will make it easy to spot you.” Benjamin replied.

The other man looked down at his feet and then up at Captain America. “That…was a good one.” He said. “It’s the only free one that you’ll get.” Namor added, turning and walking back to the shoreline, his soldiers in tow.
Ninzified lol.