S.H.I.E.L.D.: Agent Jones: One Night in Brazil

An interactive forum that focuses on DC and Marvel like superheroes...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus, WoH Coordinators

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

S.H.I.E.L.D.: Agent Jones: One Night in Brazil

Post by Mir »

S.H.I.E.L.D.: Agent Jones
One Night in Brazil

Previously...
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. wrote:Agent Jones, Junior Grade, sat at his desk at the S.H.I.E.L.D. Station in Brazil, situated secretly within the very rock of the [/i]Cristo Redentor. It was not one of the most glamorous positions within the agency, but it was one of the more scenic in the world. By scenic, he meant the females that usually walked the beaches wearing nothing but false dreams in the eyes of men, unless they had the money to make those dreams come true. Jones always made the dreams come true, under the logic that he was gaining a valuable informant for the agency, when in fact it was the other way around.

But other than the scenic nature of his posting, it was usually sitting at his desk reading through report after report of suspicious activity, or abnormal sighting within the temperate country. For months they had been receiving data on odd drug trade activities within the jungle areas nearby...enough odd data that the Brazilian Government had called on S.H.I.E.L.D. to have a look see into it. Of course Jones wouldn't be a part of it, much to his chagrin. He wanted to get out into the field and do some real work, but at his current level, he was resigned to continue to warm a chair in front of a computer screen, which currently was displaying a picture from one of his favorite night time girls, who had graciously given him a thumb drive with the pictures of her in various stages of undress.

"Oh, the things I'm going to do to you tonig...."

BOOM!

The space in front of his desk exploded into a tunnel of swirling multi-colored light, and stepping through the light a man leaps out before the tunnel seems to collapse back on itself. Sheets of paper and Post-It notes flutter and swirl in the air as the man in a strangely designed S.H.I.E.L.D. uniform, including the voluminous forest green cloak that whirled around his form, looked at Agent Jones.

Jones leaned back in his chair, while the rest of the recovering agents drew their weapons and were pointing them at Jason, whom looked around the room with a casual, fearless smile at the multitudes of weapons pointing at him. "My, you S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents look like your at a convention for militant Funeral Directors. I need to talk to Fury about some more casual wear for you guys."

"Who...who the hell are you?!?" Jones stutters out.

"Miracle...Mister, Miracle." Jason states in a very passable Sean Connery voice.

"Wh...who?!?" Jones replied.

"Here." Jason produced the S.H.I.E.L.D. datapad from inside his cloak and handed it to Jones.

Jones took the tablet and looked at the information on the screen and then plugging in the tablet, allowing the computer to verify the contents and passcodes. He was surprised when the computer reported that the orders were authenticated, by Director Fury himself. When Jones looked back, Jason was appreciating the current picture of Jone's female companion on the other monitor with a scrutinizing smile.

"It amazes me that your human females are capable of such contortions, though I'm sure you can appreciate them." Jason said.

'Ping! Ping ping ping pingpingping pingping ping ping pingpingping!'

"Are you sure Mother?" Jason replied to the strange pinging sound that seemed to come from the very air in the room.

'Ping!'

"Very well, trace it and let me know." Jason then reached down and pulled the thumb drive from Jone's computer. "Pardon me, but Mother says that their is a anomalous wireless signal that is coming from this device. She stated that the signal does not appear to be one that is used by S.H.I.E.L.D,. She is tracing the signal to its source."

'Ping! Pingpingpingping ping ping pingping.'

"Excellent, thank you Mother." Jason smiled a knowing smile to Jones, seeing his nervousness as the other agents were looking at him suspiciously. "You have done some fine work here Agent..." Jason looks around the desk and finds Jone's name on one of the reports. "...Agent Jones. Your finding of this device will lead me to the very malcontents that I am looking for." Jason stated more for the others than towards Jones himself. He than leans down and whispers so only Jones can hear him. "My advice Mr. Jones is to apprehend your lovely little contortionist and bring her in for questioning, I'm sure she will no doubt give you all some valuable information. And next time...I'd more a bit more careful whom you trust."

Jason stands up straight. "Mother will use the signal to home in on the source. Again, good work Agent Jones. I will report to Director Fury himself of your fine work."

"Th...thank you...Sir."

"No! Thank you Agent!" Jason smiled and then entered the nearby elevator to the hangar bay. "I'll use the hangar to exit, I keep forgetting how disruptive the Boom Tube is in enclosed places." Jason smirks as the doors shut.
Now...

Agent Jones, Junior Grade, rose from his desk, having taken out of the top drawer the standard issue sidearm that belonged to him. He’d signed for it a few months ago, when he had first been transferred to the S.H.I.E.L.D. office in Brazil. Having had his pick of various firearms, he’d chosen the AMT Hardballer Longslide. The pistol was in it’s holster and he put it all on. A good shot, he wasn’t the best, not by far. But he was adequate. The few times that he’d had to use his firearm in the field, he’d acquitted himself well. Hopefully that wouldn’t be the case tonight.

He was going to investigate and see just who was trying to steal information from S.H.I.E.L.D. and why. More importantly, he wanted to know just who the Brazilian woman who had given him the flash drive was, for real. They’d had some hot and heavy nights and she was going to pay since apparently she’d been playing him. Checking that he had a few magazines of rounds, he grabbed his jacket. The black suit jacket fit around his frame as he started to walk out of the office. He gave a head nod to the agents who said their good byes to him. Many were still cleaning up the mess that Miracle’s Boom Tube had generated when he had so unceremoniously arrived uninvited into the heart of the Brazil office.

Jones walked past the front security checkpoint, where armed men stood ready to do evil upon those who would enter the building without the proper clearance and into the elevator. It was a bullet train horizontal stylized elevator that went into the city of Rio itself, depositing you inside of a twenty eight story office building that S.H.I.E.L.D. owned.

As he sat in the elevator, he unconsciously tapped the pocket of the suit where he had the flash drive. The whole thing was a bit suspicious when you thought about it. Jeisa Oliveira and he had met a few weeks ago at a popular bar. Beautiful, flirting, and seemingly unobtainable, they’d talked for what had seemed like hours over beers and lime. They’d made promises to meet up the next night, and he’d been amazed when she had, thinking that someone like her wouldn’t actually give him the time of day.

But she had. She’d been teaching him how to Samba. Now, he didn’t know what to think. Stepping out into the lobby of the building from the elevator, his mobile buzzed. Sliding the smartphone out, he spared a moment to wonder just how the hell this Miracle guy had been able to get his phone number. But then again, the guy was a teleporter, and could trace signals very well, so he wasn’t that surprised.

With the moment gone, he looked at the phone to see that Miracle had sent him information from the trace. A series of coordinates, longitude and latitude. It didn’t take him that long to figure out where he was going. A place that he knew decently well, it was a restaurant that was on what began to become the outskirts of the city. But that was only because the water rushed up to meet it.

He was headed to Barra da Tijuca.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Barra da Tijuca
Montelli’s Churrascaria
1837 Local Time

The dinner rush was in effect.

Stealing himself a booth that gave him a good view of the whole restaurant, Jones got himself a healthy serving of pork that had been tender grilled in the churrasqueira for hours. That was one thing that he loved about his assignment to Brazil, the food. The variety was great, the spices were perfect, and the ambiance was amazing. Take this place. It was filled with people, from all walks of life, dressed in different states and all of them were about having a good time. The waiters bustled about, trying to get everything done and make everyone happy, all serving the almighty real. Jones got himself an Eisenbahn pilsen, a good lager. Taking a swig from the bottle, he leaned back in the booth, to give himself time to familiarize himself with everything that was going on around him.

He let the training come back to him.

Slowly, he sank into the place, picking up on various activities and things around him. Casing a place took time, it wasn’t something that could be done in a few seconds. Not if you wanted to do it right. That had been one of the most important things that he had learned when he had been doing his training. Jones wanted to make sure that he didn’t make any mistakes. Especially considering the severity of the situation.

He’d already picked up on a lot of the waitstaff. Mostly women, but a few men, the women were the ones who did most of the light work, while the men carried around the actual skewers and plates of churrasco. The devil was in the details, that much was for sure. Like a red angry devil that you had to pay attention to.

One moment it was there, the next it was gone and those details were what got you killed.

Maybe that’s why he was so upset by what had happened. He had missed the fact that Jeisa had been playing him. Missed the fact that the hard drive had had special programming on it. Missed it because he had been too excited by the relationship, and had ignored simple rules when it came to working in a SCIF.

That was something that he wasn’t going to do again. Especially since he was already such a straight laced kind of guy.

As he sat there, picking at his food, he remembered his life back home in the States. That was a trip. Growing up, Jones had been in a single parent household. His father had served in the U.S. Army and had fought against the Chrell. He’d died during the Invasion, during the war. Jones didn’t really remember his father, despite having been about six years old when his father had died. But a good chunk of that time his father had been away fighting the Chrell. When he’d grown up, he’d scored very highly on his ASVAB, and he’d enlisted in the Army. Going to Ft. Huachuca, he’d been trained as 35F, or an All Source Intelligence Analyst. From there, he’d served in the 101st Airborne and after he’d served his contract, he’d been recruited by S.H.I.E.L.D.

His thoughts were interrupted when he saw her.

Jeisa Oliveiro was here in the room, and his heart sank. What the hell was she doing here? Well that was obvious enough. She was dressed in an extremely flattering deep purple silky satiny dress. Her curves were on show, but it was decidedly not for him. She was with a man, dressed in a suit similar to the one that Jones was wearing. The man walked with her to one of the tables and they sat down. Her hair was down, and when she moved her hair, he saw a flash of earrings that looked far too pricy for what he normally saw her wearing. Well this was interesting.

Shame he was going to have to break this up.

Rising from his seat, he downed the rest of his beer, and tossed enough cash onto the table to cover everything, before he made his way down towards the table. The moment their eyes locked, hers grew wide, very wide. Her movements became erratic and she averted her eyes when he reached the table. As he walked though, he recognized the man.

“Hey there.” He said, with an easy tone in his voice.

“And you are?” The man asked. “Because you don’t look like one of the waiters.”

“No, I definitely am not one of the waiters. I’m a...friend of Jeisa’s.” He said. “I was actually wondering who you were, but then I recognized you. You’re Andrew Myers, the business guy.” He said. “I was reading something about how you’re working on some crazy business deal. Something like billions of dollars?” He asked, rhetorically. “How do you know Jeisa?” He asked.

“We just meet recently. Kind of protective aren’t you?” Myers asked. “I didn’t catch your name.” He said. “You are?”

“Name’s not important.” Jones replied. “Mind if I have a word with Jeisa though?” He asked. “At least, she can stop looking so uncomfortable sitting here, like something’s really wrong.” He said.

“I’m beginning to think that something is.” Myers said. “Go for it.” He said, gesturing.

Jones indicated with a head nod. Jeisa rose and followed him.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Re: S.H.I.E.L.D.: Agent Jones

Post by Mir »

“O que diabos você pensa que está fazendo, Henry?”

“I think its a little bit early for the Portuguese, don’t you?” He asked, as they stepped outside, his hand clamped on her upper arm. “Besides, we both know english is my primary language.”

“Fine.” She said, pulling her arm away.

“By the way, you look really good in that dress.” He said, with an appreciative smile.

Despite the anger that was on her face, her eyes changed. “Thank you.” She said. “Why are you here?” The Brazilian woman asked.

He reached into his jacket pocket and then held up the flash drive. Her face changed again. She closed her eyes and a stony look of acceptance came over her visage. “Totally wondering if we could talk about this.” He said, waving it slightly. “See, now I thought when a guy got a flash drive from a girl with pictures on it, of the risque variety, that they wouldn’t also have a hacking subroutine also in there. Maybe I missed that.” He said. He slipped the flash drive back into his pocket. “Anything to say for yourself?” He asked, raising his eyebrows.

“I’m sorry.” She said.

“Well, that’s a good start.” Henry replied. “What’s going on?” He asked.

“It’s complicated, Henry.” Jeisa said and when he shook his head, she cocked her head to the side and gave him a look. “It is. I can’t just...I can’t just explain it to you.” She said. “I have to go.” She said, and started to walk back into the restaurant, but he stopped her.

“I think you’re forgetting something.” He said and when she looked, he was holding his S.H.I.E.L.D. badge. “You’re not going anywhere. I want answers, now.” Jones said with finality in his voice and she knew that she wasn't going to be able to just wheedle her way out of this. He wasn't going to stop until he got those answers.

She sighed and then looked around, waving her arms slightly as she did. “Can I at least explain to Andrew?” She asked. “Can you give me that, Henry?” She asked.

He nodded, and gestured. She turned and started walking into the restaurant. As she did, she pressed a button on her cell phone, starting a subroutine on the phone that automatically placed a phone call. “Henry, how did you know I’d be here?” She asked, as they walked into the restaurant.

“Traced the flash drive.” He said as he followed her, his eyes scanning the restaurant and the denizens. He didn’t know what she had been working on when he had interrupted her, so he didn’t know who was in the building that was an ally. Obviously, she had to have come with some kind of backup, even if it was just one person. So he’d have to be on his toes. “Don’t worry about that.” He said.

“Just wondering.” She said. “Give me some space while I talk to Andew, okay?”

“Not entirely sure how comfortable I am with the fact that you’re on a first name basis with that guy, but fine. Make it fast.” He said.

He looked away for a moment, missing the look that she gave him, the genuine smile of appreciation.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Re: S.H.I.E.L.D.: Agent Jones: One Night in Brazil

Post by Mir »

Barra da Tijuca
Montelli’s Churrascaria
1908 Local Time

Henry watched as Jeisa sat back down at the table, and tried to put a good smile on her face. He could see that the conversation wasn’t going over that well with Andrew Myers, but he didn’t particularly care. Looking down at his watch, he contemplated just how long he was going to give her to take care of this loose end. With any luck, he could get her to the S.H.I.E.L.D. office and start some kind of interrogation. It was the first time that that word took on an ugly feeling for him. Interrogating her wasn’t something that he wanted to do. This was Jeisa after all. How do you interrogate someone you’ve seen naked?

How do you interrogate someone who’s seen you naked?

That was a situation he’d never thought he’d be in. But here he was. Jones looked up from the watch and saw her rising from the table. Good, she was done. The woman walked over to him, and the look on her face was not a happy one.

“It’s done.” She said. “Can we get out of here?” She asked, looking away. “I don’t know where you want to take me, but let’s just leave.” She said.

Was this a play? A play on his emotions to get him angry? Because it was working, he had to admit that to himself. To see her so upset about having to break things off so suddenly with another man, that was fairly bothersome. Since he wasn’t sure what his reaction would be, Henry just nodded and they left to get into the car that he’d brought with him.

There wasn’t that much traffic on the road, and so they found themselves moving quickly through the streets of downtown Rio. A bit surprising, but Henry didn’t dwell on it for too long. He was busy trying to manage the awkward silence that was in the car. The music was on, and some local radio station blared about something or other as they took their commercial break. He’d found it one of the best ways to start learning Portuguese, actually, to listen to the radio and watch TV. Granted, S.H.I.E.L.D. had programs and things like that to help, but he liked to do as much of it on his own as he could.

“You want to tell me what’s going on?” Jones asked.

“Sounds like you already know everything that’s going on, Henry.” Jeisa replied, a little bit of weariness in her voice. He had to admit, he liked it. “What difference does it make if I tell you?” She asked, turning and looking out of the window. The look on her face was one of clear cut anxiety.

“Okay then, I’ll start. You’re a spy.” He said. “You used me to get a tracking and hacking device inside of a S.H.I.E.L.D. base.” As he said that last part, his grip tightened on the wheel of the car in anger. “That’s not particularly smart, though I have to admit, how you did it, very good. You had to have assumed that we’d figure it out sooner or later, right?” He asked.

Anger now flashed through her own eyes, mirroring his. “I was hoping, based off of how I did it, that it would take you long enough.” She said.

He was about to respond when they moved through an intersection, but were slammed into by a black van with tinted windows.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Barra da Tijuca
1927 Local Time

Glass was everywhere and when he tried to move, he could hear the crunch. Pain shot through Jones as he tried to become mobile. The safety belt, which had, in part, saved his life, was now becoming more of a nuisance than anything. He managed to get a glimpse to his right and he saw that Jeisa was struggling to get out of the car as well. What tin the hell had just happened? Who the heck had hit them? Someone clearly not paying attention to the laws of he road, that was for sure. He unclipped the belt and with a jerk, got the car door open. Fingers went to his head, and he felt the blood from a series of cuts from the car crash.

Son of a bitch.

A part of him was ready and willing, more than ready and willing to pull out his pistol and be an asshole. he wouldn’t kill any of them, obviously, but he would definitely try to scare the shit out of them. Make them not want to press the gas to speed through a yellow in the future. Shit like that. But it wouldn’t do any good. The last thing he wanted to do was to cause a scene.

When he stepped around the car, as they’d been hit on Jeisa’s side, he wished that he had pulled the pistol out. There were five men, all dressed in black tactical gear, with masks that covered their faces. All of them held semi-automatics, and they were fanning out, walking towards Jeisa, who had fallen to her hands and knees. The pretty purple dress was torn in some spots.

“Okay, what in the literal fuck?” Jones asked, out loud.

Had they just managed to get into an accident with fucking bank robbers? Was that just his luck today? When one of them grabbed Jeisa roughly by the arm, Jones reached for the pistol. He didn’t get a chance to make much of a move, as one of the others fired, causing screams to erupt throughout the place.

The round went clean through his shoulder, sparing him the painful agony of bleeding out in a really nice suit, in the middle of some intersection in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Jones went down without an argument, but then again, when you take a bullet to the shoulder like that, it just seemed like the right, polite thing to do. His pistol clattered on the street. It was then, gripping the wound, that he saw something somewhat peculiar.

The van that had hit them had slammed in full on, easily barreling at over forty miles per hour. But the front of the van was fully intact, as if nothing had happened at all. As soon as one of the men spoke to Jeisa, yelling that she had to move it, and that they had to go, it clicked in his mind. Somehow, she’d managed to get a call or a text, or something out to the people who she worked for, and they’d come to get her, in a reinforced van.

Now he was really pissed off. Struggling to his feet, he lurched forward and grabbed his pistol. Lying on the ground, he started squeezing off shots. All he could see was a flash of purple silk as Jeisa got into the van, which got into motion and took her away.

“I am not dying in Brazil.” He said.

“Course you’re not.” A voice said, and he struggled to turn and look as unconsciousness crept up on him. “Let’s see if we can’t get you out of here.”

Then the world went dark.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Unknown Location
2119 Local Time

Jones’ eyes snapped open.

He didn’t know where he was, but he was in a room, lying on a bed. Gray dominated the color palette of the place. Clearly someone had some kind of weird obsession with the color, or a limited budget. One of the two. Shifting under the sheets of the bed that he was in, Jones quickly saw that he had been patched up. He was shirtless, but still retained the suit pants that he had had on earlier. There was a gentle rhythm of noise from a machine that was monitoring his vital signs, and he was hooked up to a simple I.V. drip. With a grunt, he tore the needle out of his hand, ignoring the pain. When he tried to get up, he felt the world sway a bit, but then everything steadied.

When he rose, Jones saw a white t-shirt that was on the table, folded neatly. Grabbing it, the man tossed it on, and then started to walk. Opening the door, he stepped out, his bare feet coming into contact with cold concrete. Looking straight ahead, h saw an armed soldier waiting there for him.

“You’re awake, sir. That’s good.” The soldier said, the grip on his MP5K never slacking despite his seemingly warm words.

“Yeah. Where the hell am I?” He asked.

“In an undisclosed location. Can’t reveal that to you right now.” The soldier said.

“Right.” Henry replied with a nod of mock understanding. “Well, what can you reveal to me, at this junction in time?” He asked, noting that his throat was scratchy and he could use some water.

“That I’m under orders to escort you to the Ready Room. Follow me.” The soldier said and turned, starting to walk.

Thinking that it would be in improper taste to ask for shoes, Henry followed him. The two walked through the building, which seemed to be nothing more than a converted basement or something like that. They soon found themselves in an elevator, with two other soldiers. Henry trusted his ability to fight, but he did not trust his ability to fight so soon after getting shot. Furthermore, these people had patched him up, but he didn’t know if they had done anything else to him while he had been out. Better to play it safe and get some more information before he tried anything.

Stepping out of the elevator, he found himself indeed in a large warehouse. The building was probably two to three acres in size. There weren’t a lot of people in it, nor equipment, but nothing seemed to be as important as what was in the middle of the room. It dominated the view, and it begged for attention. As that was where they were walking towards, Jones took in the rest of the sights, his analyst mind jumping to work. Military grade equipment, both weaponry and technology. Everything that was a hallmark of a top notch organization.

Just what the hell was going on here?

He was going to get some answers, that was for sure.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Unknown Location
2122 Local Time

“Mr. Jones. I mean...Agent Jones.” A man said, standing with his back turned to Jones. “Glad to see that you’re still counted amongst those in the land of the living.” He added. He wore khakis and a black windbreaker that looked like it had been military issue maybe ten or twenty years ago. Black boots were visible, and Jones could see that they were hardened, steel toed. The holster on the hip that carried the 1911 was probably the most important part of everything that was going on, but Jones’ eyes were slightly amused by the man’s choice in hairstyle. Shaved, like the Marines’ high and tight, but with a bit of a mohawk.

Who the hell was this guy?

“You’re not the only one.” Jones replied. “Where...where am I?” He asked.

“You’re still in Brazil. Still in Rio.” The man said, as Jones stopped a few feet short of the man. “We’ve been tracking the woman you were with for some time now. Jeisa Oliveira. Pretty name and a pretty face.” He said. “Not what she seems, though I think you’ve figured that one out yourself by now.”

“Tell me about it.” Henry replied. “I guess the next question is who are you, but I’m more concerned with ‘Why did you save my life?’ so I’ll go with that one.”

The other man laughed, a short barking laugh that seemed to fit the imagery of a large, military minded man. “I save lives, Jones, it’s what I do.” He took a few steps forward and reached into his pocket, pulling out a thin cigarillo. With the snap of a cigar lighter, there was soon smoke wafting upwards to the heavens. “As to why I saved you in particular, you’re a good agent. Analyst, and I don’t like many of those. But the fact of the matter is that while you’re definitely green, definitely wet behind the ears, you have a lot of potential. Just like...just like others who have come before you.” He said, and started walking out of a garage door like entrance way.

Jones followed.

He still hadn’t seen this man’s face, and the voice was unrecognizable. The tone of the voice had changed when he had started speaking of potential. Like there had been loss. This wasn’t something that was new to Jones. Many soldiers had experienced loss over the years. Hell, all of them had, in some way, some just had it harder than others, losing friends and comrades to enemy forces and sometimes to stupid shit, like bureaucratic oversight. That was something that he worked against and one of the reasons why he liked Nick Fury so much. Fury didn’t like letting rules that were stupid get in the way of getting things done.

So while he resented the wet behind the ears remark, he was curious to find out more about his mysterious host. Especially since the British accent was giving a lot away. There was definitely more to this man than met the eye.

“You think you’ve been fighting the good fight. You have. But you haven’t been fighting the real fight.” The man said as Jones followed him outside into a parking lot. “That’s why I saved you, so you can fight the real fight.”

“The real fight?” Jones asked, now actually confused. “I work for S.H.I.E.L.D. What other real fight could I be fighting?” He asked.

“The fight that S.H.I.E.L.D. doesn’t fight. The one that it can’t, because for all it’s subterfuge, it still fights in the daylight, it doesn’t fight in the shadows. Tell me, kid, how good is your history?” He asked.

“I know what I need to know.” Jones replied.

“Good.” The man said, turning around, and Jones finally got a good look at the man. Hard lines on his face. Scars on one side, nothing distinguishable unless you were looking. “You wanted to know who I am. Well, let me pose a question to you, Analyst. What do you know about Task Force 141?” He asked.

Now that changed the game.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Unknown Location
2123 Local Time

One full minute passed as Jones thought about everything that the man had just said. “Task Force 141?” He asked, shaking his head. “It’s...an...It’s a myth.” He added.

“A myth?” The man asked, amusement in his voice, as he turned back around. As if all of this was some kind of joke. Jones wasn’t finding any of this funny and he was getting more confused as they went along. He wanted answers. “Analyst Jones, what do you mean by that?” The man asked, and Jones sighed.

“It’s a story they tell recruits at the Operations Academy of S.H.I.E.L.D.” Jones said. “I’ve heard of it. Friends of mine who were at Operations talk about it all the time.” He said, shrugging his shoulders.

The man with his back to Jones nodded slowly. “And what do they say, when they talk about it all the time?” He asked.

Jones looked down at his feet for a second, and then back up at the man. “A secret unit that was made up of the best of the best. You had soldiers and supers from different countries, different governments. They fought the Chrell across the globe, they didn’t stop, and they had the best fighter on the planet as one of them. A bonafide Captain America, Derek Sheppard. But it’s all just a load of shit.” Jones said. He raised his hands in defense. “I mean, don’t get me wrong, Derek Sheppard was a Captain America. He’s quite possibly the best hand to hand fighter on the planet, if he wasn’t dead. But during the Chrell Invasion and the war, he wasn’t part of a Task Force 141. He fought for S.H.I.E.L.D., but he wasn’t part of some clandestine unit.”

“How do you know?” The man asked, as he continued to smoke from his cigar. His voice and the lazy, almost lackadaisical tone that he was employing was starting to piss Henry off. It was like the man was stringing him along, and worse, he knew it.

“The unit supposedly had a man named Dominic Smith as it’s commander. No one from back then, which is only twenty years ago, can remember a Dominic Smith ever working in S.H.I.E.L.D. At least not someone who matches the description of him.” Jones said.

“A ghost unit, with a ghost commander.” The man said.

“Exactly.” Jones replied. He crossed his arms over his chest. “Look, I don’t know what you’re getting at with all of this. This ‘fight the good fight’ stuff. You still haven’t answered my question of why you saved my life.” When the man stayed silent, Jones got angry, deciding that he might as well play the game through, just to humor the man. “There are no available reports of Task Force 141 ever existing and I have Level 6 Clearance.”

The man turned around, and Jones got another good look at his face. The weathered and beaten skin, the lines and wrinkles. This man had seen things. He’d done things. That much was for sure. Jones was missing something. He knew he was. Then it clicked. His eyes widened a fraction.

“My name is Jason King. I was in Task Force 141. Welcome to Level 7, Agent Jones.”
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Unknown Location
2125 Local Time

“You’ve got to be fucking shitting me.” Jones replied, his eyes widening. This was a bit of a shock for him. He'd done a bit of reading on Task Force 141, but he'd never thought in all of his years that he'd ever meet someone who had actually been a part of the unit. That had been one of the longest shots out of all the long shots.

“No, I’m not shitting you, Junior.” King said with a smirk. “Now, I’m going to assume that you’re wondering why I saved you, since you’ve been going on and on about that for a while. Like I said before, we’ve been watching you, and you’re good. But we can make you better. More importantly than that, you’re just the guy that we’re looking for.” He said.

“What do you mean?” Jones asked confused, as King walked back inside of the room and he followed. What could King mean by that? It seemed like coincidence after all, that King had just happened to have been there when the accident had happened and the shooting had started. What was so important about himself that it would have made King be so interested in saving him? He was going to get some answers about all this.

“Jeisa Oliveira has access to a high amount of classified information. We need to get it back. More importantly than just that, we need to figure out who she’s working for. That’s of vital import. Consider it a non-negotiable.” King said.

Jones nodded. “Okay, how do I fit in?” He asked.

“You know her. You’re a variable that’s currently unquantifiable in her mind. You can shake things up, expose her, force her to act in a way that’s out of the norm for her. That’s why you’re important tonight. But more than just that, you fit in, Junior, because I want you to work for Task Force 141 once all this is said and done.” King said. He gestured around the room. “It’s not much, but this is only a portion of who we are now.”

“You want me to transfer units? I’m sure that the paperwork can be-”

“You misunderstand me.” King said, turning around. The eyes hardened slightly, and the look on his face showed that he wasn’t kidding around. “For all intents and purpose, I’m still considered Killed in Action. Same with a lot of the older members of Task Force 141. We’re not part of S.H.I.E.L.D. anymore.” He added. The look on his face changed, softened slightly. But it was still too difficult to read. He put his hands on his hips. “We’re not on the radar.”

Jones’ eyes narrowed. “So you want me to quit.”

“I didn’t say that. I want you to make the best decision that you can make, that’s all. If you choose to quit, that’s up to you. But we’re discussing the future, when we need to be discussing the present situation that we find ourselves in.”

Jones nodded. “Fair point. What exactly does Jeisa have?” He asked, starting to frown. That was something that they hadn’t discussed much about. Just what was she doing and how far over her head was she, if Task Force 141, one of the most famous shadow units in history, was after her. “What is she after and what’s the best avenue for her to achieve the objective. That’s the main questions we need to answer. I hope you have some of the information already, otherwise there’s not much that I can promise you.” He said.

“Junior, we’ve got a great deal of information. All we need is an analyst.”

“You keep calling me Junior, I’m going to start calling you Pops.” Jones said, walking over to the main computer terminal and tapping the man who was sitting there on the shoulder, so that he could sit down and take a look at the data that they had already.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Downtown Rio
2210 Local Time

They’d gotten him a new suit.

Well, that wasn’t true. They’d gotten him back to his apartment, and he’d been able to get his hands on another one of his suits. Now dressed in a gray suit with black wingtips and a black tie, Jones was ready to do battle. He walked down the street, with Jason King walking with him. The two men were walking towards an office building, one of the largest high rise buildings in Rio. “So you think that she’s going to try to enter the office building?” Jason asked and Jones nodded. “Why’s that?” He asked.

“Because the information that she’s after is on the computer servers in the building. She’ll be able to get into the building, because she knows the guy who owns the building.” He said with a small sigh. Ever since he’d been able to get a look at all the information that they had, the picture had slowly become clearer and clearer. “It belongs to Andrew Myers. He’s a businessman who’s in town working a very lucrative deal. The money is ridiculous. But it’s what his company does that’s important here.” He said.

“I’m listening, Junior.”

“Really? I thought you’d gotten lost after I mentioned computer servers, Pops.” Jones said with a smirk. The two continued their walk down the street. “His company does data mining and processing. Business analytics for other companies and corporations. Their ability to ping other computers and get that data, it’s big. It’s possible that the spike that she tried to use on S.H.I.E.L.D. came from Myers’ company.” He said.

“We’ll be able to find out more once we get in there.” Jason replied. He stopped and put a hand up against Jones’ chest. “Hey, before we go in there, I do need to ask you a question. The fact that you were with this girl, it’s not going to cause any problems is it?” He asked. “You may need to pull the trigger.” Jason added and Jones shook his head. “Good, because I’m not getting shot up because you’re still horny, Junior. You know what? We’ll find you a goat or something. Plenty of those in this country.”

“If there was a way for you to handle the situation with more tact, I’m just...I’m just not sure how you’d do it.”

King flashed a smirk. “I used to get glowing remarks for my personal interaction abilities.” He said. “Fury used to think I was the best at it.”

Jones rolled his eyes and threw his hands up in exasperation. “Right. Well, I hope you can use some of those personal interaction abilities to get us into this place.” He said, looking at his watch. “It’s after ten at night. We better have a good reason for trying to get into this office building this late at night.”

“Watch and learn, Junior.”
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

They were quiet as they got into the elevator. Jones looked around and when he saw the controls, he just started to push the button. Taking a step back, he stood there for a moment, until King spoke.

“I told you to watch and learn.”

“You cheated. Having someone who works in the building actually working for you, is cheating.” Jones replied, crossly.

“No, it’s called getting the job done, Junior. I’d have thought that Fury would have had you S.H.I.E.L.D. folks taught that years ago.” Jason said with a smirk, and folded his arms over his chest. “Now, let’s talk about what we know.” He added, and his face changed. They had a long way to go, to get to the thirtieth floor of the building. “So, what do we know?” He asked.

“About a week ago, reports from Brazil’s intelligence services, the Brazilian Intelligence Agency, stated that people with purported history of wet work had been entering the country. We don’t have many names or faces, but many of them are former operatives of various intelligence organizations from around the world. American, Russian, Australian, the list goes on.” Jones said, dropping into his Analyst mode. “We know at least one of these people has had contact with Jeisa Oliveira, codenamed for these purposes as ‘Snake’.” He said.

“I don’t remember that last part.”

“You have trouble reading, you probably just missed it.” Jones said. “Anyway, we don’t know the exact levels of skills of those present in the building, nor do we know how many we’re actually going to be dealing with.” He said, as the elevator passed the twenty third floor. “How many members of Task Force 141 are going to be here?” He asked.

“We'll have enough.” King said, reaching into his jacket holster and pulling out a Browning Hi-Power and looked as Jones pulled out his AMT Hardballer Longslide. Jason looked at the pistol that was in Jones' hands, taking in the long barrel that the pistol had and shook his head, unable to stop himself from chuckling. “Jesus, Junior, you think you’re compensating for something?” He asked, the smirk returning. “That’s one hell of a long barrel there. You know, no wonder the Brazilian chick dumped you.” He said.

Jones scowled. “I’ll have you know, that I’m a great shot with this.” He said, looking down at the pistol. It did have a long barrel, which made it rather inconvenient at times for clandestine use, as he was about to get into. His scowl changed into a bit of a frown. “My father had one of these.” He said. “It was good enough for my old man, and he fought Chrell, then it’s good enough for me.” He said.

He didn’t notice that King’s face had changed. Jason was about to say something when the elevator dinged that they had reached their destination. Jones' eyes flicked up to the door and he set himself, readying himself for what was about to happen. It wasn't often that he went into the field, so he wasn't that used to it. But hopefully this would be an in, out, and on their way kind of job. “Age, before beauty, Pops.” Jones said and gestured to the door that slid apart.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

The two men walked out in a series of cubicles. The offices were heavy on the glass, but the cubicles themselves were the standard off white colors of any normal office building. The place was deserted, but it was still well lit. Walking forward, the two men started scanning potential sectors of fire, and checking to see if any one was there. No one was. Both men looked at each other with quizzical looks on their faces. Just what was going on?

“You’re sure that they’re here?” Jones asked King and the older man nodded. Jones continued to look around, confused. “Well, we know that they need access to the computer mainframe. Any of these terminals might get them the access that they require, but in order to get to the more sensitive information, they would need to get to a manger’s office.” He said.

“I think I know how it works.” King said, nodding. “So find me a manager’s office, Junior.”

“That’s why we came to this floor.” Jones said and kept walking. They turned a corner and saw larger offices down a hallway. These offices were made of frosted glass, and were much more spacious that the cubicles from the room that they had just left. The two men found themselves on the edge of the hallway and they stood against one wall, next to each other. “You ready?” He asked, looking at King who grimaced.

“Christ, Junior. Make a God damned move already. I’m literally losing what few years I have left on this earth.”

They went around the corner and saw that in one of the offices, there were men, dressed in tactical gear, who were working on something. Jones’ eyes narrowed when he saw that one of the men was not actually a man, but a woman, with long brown hair. Jeisa. He was about to move forward, when they heard a voice behind them.

“Freeze.”

Both men stopped their motions, Jones leaning forward to move, and King reaching outwards to stop him. They turned, and saw three more men in tactical gear, with assault rifles up and pointing.

“Pops, any chance these guys also work for you?” Jones asked and the other man shook his head. “I was hoping you wouldn’t do that.” He added, as two of the men reached out and took their pistols.

“Boss lady is going to be happy to see you two.” One of the guys said, face unseen thanks to the balaclava that he was wearing. He indicated the two of them with the muzzle of his assault rifle. “She said to keep on the lookout for any interlopers.”

“Trust me, I’m going to be happy to see her too.” Jones replied.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

“What are you doing here?”

“Hmm?” Jones asked, as his eyes flitted around the room. He had been looking at everything around him, trying to take it all in. If there was one thing he understood, it was that having the most knowledge gave you the most power in a room and in a situation. If he could understand what was going on in the room, and understand it better than everyone else, his ability to survive would skyrocket.

Also, he figured he’d leave the shooting part of it to King, who already looked visibly heartbroken that he didn’t have a firearm on his person.

“I asked you a question, Henry.” Jeisa said. “You were on a street, bleeding out. I saw it myself.”

“Well, I figured you wanted to end things, but not that violently.” Jones said, finally locking eyes with the woman. It was jarring to the senses to see her dressed the way she was. The long hair that he was used to running his fingers through, it was up. While he had seen it that way before, he wasn’t used to that beautiful body encased in tactical gear. That was something that he was definitely not used to. But there she was, dressed to the nines in Kevlar and padding.

“You were taking me back to S.H.I.E.L.D. to question me.” She said with a small smirk.

“When you put it that way, it seems a little justified, but still, it was rather…what’s the word I’m looking for…Pops?”

“Malevolent.”

Jones legitimately turned and stared at Jason, his eyes widening and an eyebrow rising. “Seriously? Malevolent? It wasn’t some 1920s silent movie with the organist in the background.” He said, the two having a moment aside, in a room full of mercenary killers.

Jason King stared back at him, shrugging. “Malevolent is a good word. I like it. It’s fucking sexy. You got aproblem with that? Junior?

Jones paused and considered. “You know what?” He asked. “Not really.” He said, answering himself, and turned back to Jeisa. “Fucking malevolent of you.”

She had to hide the laugh by raising a hand to cover her mouth, a hand that had Jones’ pistol in it. “You two are a trip, you know that? Vocês dois são como uma dupla de comediantes.” Jeisa added, switching to Portuguese.

“You want comedy?” Jason asked, with a smirk. “If you think about it, you’ve got Junor’s balls in your hand.”

“Not the first time.” Jones added, realizing what King meant.

The pistol was a Hardballer after all.

Her face changed.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

“You two are clowns, you know that?” Jeisa said as the two men laughed. “One of you is a S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent who got tricked by a pretty woman and the other is an out of his prime agent. Both of you were captured with out even an ounce of effort on my part.” She said. “This is supposed to be the team of people that stop me?” She asked, letting loose with a throaty laugh. “You two are really shit, you know that, right?” She asked.

“Well, I’m a grower, not a shower.” Jones replied. “Pops here, he’s just grumpy. I heard a story once that he couldn’t hack it as a Good Humor man.” He said.

“Good Humor, that’s the ice cream, isn’t it?” King asked and Jones nodded. “Yeah, fuck those blokes. Listen here, Junior’s got an idea about what you’re here for, but it doesn’t add up. You’ve got a spike, you used it on S.H.I.E.L.D. back when Jonesy here was thinking with his dick.”

“It’s not the spike that I’m after.” Jeisa replied, shaking her head. “You two really don’t get it, do you? The spike is the key, but it’s immaterial. Andrew Myers’ company is working on a business network that will provide immense amounts of security, globally. Imagine if I can ensure that I have a virus in the network before it goes up.” She said.

“You wouldn’t need the spike.” Jones said, nodding. “It’s a delicate deal that he’s working on. No company wants to give up their security in favor of one person in charge of it. But the residuals and the billing would be ludicrous. So, corporate secrets, that’s all this is about?”

“Something more than just that.” She said. “But unfortunately, you two don’t need to know about it. I won’t have you two killed on the premises. That would be too unprofessional of me. If you two would please?” She asked, and then gestured with the Hardballer in her hand.

Neither man moved.

Jeisa sighed, then made a tch-ing sound as she walked over to where Jones was. “Henry, be a good boy, for me. Nós dois sabemos que você vai fazer qualquer coisa para este corpo, mesmo ir para a sua morte.” She said, her visage changing to one that was designed to gain sympathy. The pout was there, and he could remember how soft those lips were. She leaned in and kissed him.

“Jonesy might do what you want, but I don’t go places, if I don’t want to.” King said. “You’re not the Queen of England.” He said. “I don’t want to go somewhere, I just say no and tell the person asking me to go fuck themselves.” He added, staring straight ahead.

“It’s true.” Jones said, licking his lips from the kiss. “I can’t ever get him to go out to a nice dinner with me.” He added.

“I’m a simple man. I go where I please and do what I want.” Jason King said, turning to look at Jeisa. “Nobody can make me go anywhere I don’t want to go. My late wife would ask me, but she knew, if I say no, I’m not going.”

“Won’t even go to church on Sundays.” Jones said, whispering like it was a conspiracy.

“Enough.” Jeisa said and then looked past them and nodded.

Two mercenaries came up and grabbed Jones and King.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Downtown Rio
2249 Local Time

Jones struggled as he and King were unceremoniously ushered out the door. He winced as the mercenaries shoved him forward. Shaking his head, he tried to think of what their next move was. But he couldn’t. He just couldn’t think of what the next move was, and he looked at King, to see if the older man had an idea for a plan. The look on King’s face, told him that that was not the case. They were facing a serious problem, and Jones couldn’t se a way out for them. Luckily, he knew that the shootings would have to take place outside of the building. There was no way that Jeisa was going to let blood be spilt in the building. That left loose ends. They would have to be taken outside, possibly even far away from here. This was actually a good development. That gave them space and windows of opportunity. Jones just had to come up with a way to determine which was their window of opportunity and how could he seize it.

Suddenly, he heard a whistle, and felt a rush of air go past him. The mercenary who had been holding on to him dropped to the ground. Jones swiveled, catching a bullet hole splinter in the glass windows that dominated this floor, and looked down at the mercenary who had been shot. He was reaching up to his neck, where there was a hole that oozed blood. His body twitched, going into spasms as he died. The other mercenary took a step back, lifting his semi-automatic, but he couldn’t see the shooter. There was another glass shattering sound, another whistle, and then the second mercenary was shot, lifting a little bit off the ground.

“Damn, Ghoul, took you long enough.” King muttered. He reached down, grabbing the dead man’s rifle.

Another one of the mercenaries opened the door and saw what had happened. He said something over his shoulder while he lifted his weapon. A round from King’s weapon hit him square in the chest, and the door was thrown shut from the inside.

“We should move.” King said, reaching down and grabbing the other rifle and tossing it to Jones.

“You had backup this whole time, a sniper, and you didn’t tell me?” Jones asked, angry. “I know you said you had people, but come on. What else do you have that you’re not telling me?”

“Look, you said that you weren’t thinking with your cock anymore, but you know, guys say that sometimes. Then when they’re in the shit, they keep thinking with their cock.” King replied as Jones provided cover and the older man grabbed one of the mercenaries’ radios, to see if he could get a different frequency.

“I hate you.” Henry said, as they made their way backwards. “That hurts my feelings, you know.”

Jason King rolled his eyes. “Cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it, Junior.”

Jones was going to reply, but then the door to the sectioned off office opened and armed men started coming out. They needed to stop Jeisa and get the hell out of here. At least now they had weapons.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Downtown Rio
2254 Local Time

Jones and King were running through the office floor, bullets streaking by them. Luckily, they were in a maze of cubicles, and it looked as though things couldn’t get much worse.

“No way they’re going to be able to hide the fact that they were here now.” Jones said.

“Yeah that doesn’t bode too well for us. They’ll be alright with killing us now.”

“Well, you never know, you might have another sniper up your sleeve, or a damn tank. Maybe a Terminator, I don’t know.” Jones said, pushing up against the wall of a cubicle, as he reloaded his weapon.

King sighed, his back up against a wall as well. “You want me to tell you everything I planned for this, all the contingencies and what not?” He asked. He almost sighed again as Jones stared him dead in the face and nodded, ignoring the bullets that were going over their heads. They were really going to do this right here and now. He shook his head. “Well tough shit. Do you know what your problem is, Junior?” He asked.

“No, but feel free to enlighten me.”

“You don’t need to know what’s going on right now and it’s killing you because you like to know things. You’re an analyst and things don’t make sense when there are too many variables. Well, I’m a field agent. I’ve had bad things happen to me, Junior and I’m here to tell you that you deal with the shit as it comes to you.”

“So it’s okay for you to know, but not for me.” Jones said, rolling his eyes and popping up to fire off a few rounds before coming back down. “That is so ass backwards. You wanted me to trust you, but you don’t trust me.” He said.

“It’s got nothing to do with trust. Obviously, I’m trusting you not to let me die.” King said, shooting a mercenary that he could see, one that was getting close to where they were. “I…you know what? I do have another trick, and it’s not Ghoul with a sniper rifle. A fucking horse is gonna ride in here with a red cape and a silver helmet and he’s going to save the day. Does that make you feel better?” King asked.

Henry paused and considered.

“You know what, it kinda does, Pops.”

“That’s what I’m here for. To make you feel better. I’m good like that. Now, let’s get a god damned move on before this place goes all to hell. Your girlfriend is a pain in the ass.” King said, reaching down for one for one of the grenades that he had liberated from a dead mercenary.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

The two men had to make it to the elevators. Even then, they didn’t know that the elevators would still be working. Jeisa and her men were tapped into the computer mainframe. So Jones had no idea if she had turned off the elevators. It would make sense, to keep them corralled, on one floor. The problem was that in order to get to the elevators, they would have to expose themselves, dropping cover and concealment. In addition, there was going to be a wait time as the elevator came to their floor. They had no idea what floor the elevator was on now, and how long it would take to get to them.

“Stairs.” Jones said, and King nodded. “We need to get to the stairs. Can you get in touch with that Ghoul friend of your?” Jones asked. “Nothing like having overwatch.” He said.

“Your girlfriend has the same idea.” King said, pointing. From where they were, they could see a few of the mercenaries running towards one of the sets of stairs. King sighed and looked around the cubicle that they were in. “Luckily this floor is huge. We can get around them, but we have to be quick about it.” He said. Ghoul’s watching the situation, I haven’t heard anything from him telling me otherwise.” King replied. “Only one way to find out.” He said and rose, starting to make his run.

Jones followed, and the two of them were streaking through the maze of cubicles, headed towards another set of stairs. There was a shout and then rounds were fired in their direction, forcing them to duck down a bit. Coming around a corner, the two of them saw three soldiers. King shot one of them, putting two rounds in him, while Jones did the same with another. A shoulder tackle from King knocked the last man down, and he grabbed him, roughly, turning him into a hostage.

“Get the stairs.” King said. He was holding onto the man and it looked like he had a death grip on him. The mercenary’s weapon had dropped to the ground, and he was flailing a bit, but King had him on lock.

Jones could see soldiers running towards them, and he knew that they needed to act quickly if they were going to make it out of this. He was holding open the door to the stairs, looking at the unfolding scene in front of him. King was holding onto the mercenary, and the ones coming towards tem had formed some kind of slow moving wall, coming towards them cautiously. King backed up at a matching pace, holding onto the man who had stopped flailing but was trying to act as dead weight and trip up King’s movements. The older man was having none of it, however.

“Junior, you got those stairs?” He asked.

“Yeah, but we’re not going to have a lead on them.” Jones reied.

As soon as King dropped the hostage, the rest of the soldiers could either open fire, or they could advance towards them. Then they’d be running down the stair, and there wasn’t much of a chance that they’d be able to hid or really get away from the mercenaries. Jeisa would recapture them shortly.

“One thing I’m going to teach you.”” King said. “Sometimes you gotta kill a hostage to show the other guy that you mean business.” He said, seeing Jeisa walking towards them in the distance.

“What does that-“

Jones didn’t get a chance to finish the question, as King shoved the hostage forward, and turned, grabbing Jones by the arm and shoving him as well, but through the door of the stairs, pulling it closed. Suddenly, there was a boom, and part of the door dented.

It was the grenade that Jason had taken earlier. He’d attached it to the mercenary while the man had been flailing, and the motion had gone unnoticed. Pushed towards the advancing mercenaries, the man held hostage had not realized that the pin had been pulled and that he had been a walking bomb.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Downtown Rio
2309 Local Time

The explosion threw both men to the ground, despite the door that was between them and the blast.

“Jesus Christ.” Jones said, clutching at his ears.

“I prefer King, but that works too.” Jason said, with a smile. “Get on your feet, kid, we’re not out of here yet.” He said.

“You just…you just killed that dude. I mean, I get it, they’re bad guys, but that’s kind of violent, don’t you think.”

“Just because I’m British doesn’t mean I’m going to James Bond chop these guys all the time. It buys us time, time that we need.” King said, grabbing Jones and hauling him up on to his feet. “They need to regroup, we can get the hell out of here.”

“We’re not leaving. We have to stop her from using the spike.” Jones said.

King shook his head. “You’re missing the point. The spike isn’t what she’s after, it’s the data that this place has and the proprietary program. That’s what she wants. We can’t stop her from using the spike, there’s too many of them, and I only have Ghoul on over watch. I didn’t think that she was going to have this many men.”

They were moving down another flight of stairs.

“You never told me who she’s working for, you know that.”

“Need to know. You don’t need to know still.”

“I’m letting you let people shoot at me. I need to know.” Henry said, as they burst onto an office floor a few flights below. Jason King was looking around, frantically for something. “What the hell are you looking for, now.”

“Our way out of here.” He said. He turned back to Jones. “Look kid, I like you. I don’t want to tell you who she’s working for, who these people are, because it’s just going to piss you off more when it comes to what she did to you.” He said. “She was just doing her job, but I don’t want you to run off all half cocked again, because you’re pissed at her.” He said.

“What do you mean?”

“She was an enemy agent, and you knew where she was and what she’d done. You chose to go to that restaurant by yourself. Are you fucking crazy? You should have gone with backup, no matter what you thought about her. You didn’t do it, because you weren’t thinking like an agent of S.H.I.E.LD., like someone who’s supposed to know their tradecraft, you were thinking like an angry boyfriend.”

“Who is she.” Jones said, his voice becoming serious. “Who is she.” He said again, straddling the line between question and straight out angry statement.

“She’s HYDRA, you moron. They're all HYDRA.”
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Downtown Rio
2318 Local Time

They exploded out into the street. Jones was still a bit wide eyed, but he had been forced to keep his thoughts to himself, choosing life over expressing his anger. Now, they tumbled out of him.

“She’s HYDRA?!” He asked, as Jason looked up towards another building, presumably where Ghoul was on overwatch.

“Told you that you wouldn’t like it.” King replied, as he reached for his walkie talkie and started barking orders into it. What he said was inaudible to Jones, as he was still processing what the man had said before.

But what he did see was an armored vehicle, that looked suspiciously like a Navistar MXT come roaring towards them, after making a sharp turn into the main street. King pointed at the car, and Jones nodded. It was their ride and they needed to move, as the doors to the building were opening, and Jeisa was coming outside with some of her HYDRA mercenaries. HYDRA. It was just too impossible to believe and Jones shook his head as he started running towards the car.

She hoisted an assault rifle, that had an under slung grenade launcher. Leveling the weapon, Jeisa fired, the kick back pushing her back a foot or two. The grenade flew through the air and exploded near the MXT. King turned and fired a few rounds at her as the two men got into the vehicle. They sped off into the night, but Henry was looking over his shoulder at the woman standing in the street, holding the assault rifle. Everything had changed when he had found out that she had been using him. But now everything had changed again. It was one thing to just be against S.H.I.E.L.D.

It was something else entirely to be working for HYDRA.

HYDRA was one of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s longest standing enemies. They were always on the lookout to see whether or not the organization would raise its head once more, even after the Chrell Invasion. If S.H.I.E.L.D. could have survived and returned, then there was no reason why, after all these years, the same couldn’t be said for HYDRA. The power of the organization wasn’t in one single person or even a group of people. It was in the message that the organization preached, and a message such as HYDRA’s was not one that would die too easily. Jones leaned back in his seat, pushing against the upholstery as he closed his eyes.

His hands went down to his weapon and he pulled the magazine, looking down to see how many rounds he had left. Maybe in the past he had made the mistake of trusting her, or treating Jeisa differently, but not anymore. Not only had she played him, but also she was a HYDRA agent. There was no way that he was going to take it easy on her now. Looking out of the window, he sighed. Apparently, she wasn’t going to let up either.

“Incoming.” He said, as a heavy Hummer looking vehicle barreled straight for them.

“Son of a bitch, your girl is crazy.” King managed, before they got blindsided.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Downtown Rio
2324 Local Time

They were flying. Flipping through the air, Jones pushed his arm against the roof, trying to brace himself, as he managed to yell out. “She’s noooooooot myyyyyy giiiiiiiirl.”

King didn’t get a chance to reply, as they slammed on to the street and skidded for a bit, upside down. Glass was everywhere, and it was the second time that same night. Jones was pissed. He cursed as he struggled against the seat belt that restrained him, as he tried to get out of the car. He felt a blade against him, as King reached out and cut the safety belt for him. Sliding out of the shattered window, Jones ignored the pain of the glass, and brought his weapon up, looking for targets to shoot at.

The problem was that their attackers were on the opposite side. He heard bullets hitting the vehicle on the other side, and he ducked back down, turning to grab King who was coming out through Jones’ side.

“She is totally your girl.” King said, breathing heavily, as he leaned against the side of the overturned Navistar MXT. He looked around, checking on the vehicle’s driver, and cursed, seeing the red splatter of blood. It was just the two of them again. King reached around for his radio and grabbed it. “Ghoul, you near us, you bastard? We’re pinned down, and could use some fucking over watch, if it’s not too inconvenient.”

There was no answer, but suddenly, they heard the loud report of a sniper rifle of large caliber.

“Please tell me that’s Ghoul.” Jones said.

“It’s Ghoul.”

“How do you know?” He asked.

“I don’t. You asked me to tell you it was Ghoul.” King said with a wry grin. “Alright, we’ve got to get a move on, Junior, because this is an uncomfortable street to die on.” He said. “You got point?” He asked.

“What’s wrong with you?” Jones asked. “Usually you like to be the one in charge.”

“Yeah, well, you take some shrapnel to your side, and it can slow you down. I’m still faster and better than you, but this way I don’t hurt your feelings.” He said. “You’re really big on the whole feelings thing. I gotta beat it out of you one day.”

“I don’t think today is that day.” Jones said, coming up around one of the sides of the overturned Navistar. “And it looks like the sniper is on our side.” He said. “We can make a break for it, but we’re going to need another vehicle soon. We can’t hide out on the streets forever.”
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Downtown Rio
0028 Local Time

“We can’t keep doing this.”

King nodded at Jones’ somewhat exasperated words.

They had been on the run, moving between buildings, streets, and alleys, evading the HYDRA agents that were after them. Led by Jeisa Oliveira, the HYDRA agents were barreling through the streets of Rio, hunting for the two men. They themselves had no idea where Ghoul was, as he wasn’t answering any of King’s communications, and King had revealed that he and Task Force 141 had no more viable assets in the area. Jones had thought to get in touch with the Rio de Janeiro branch of S.H.I.E.L.D., but whenever he tried to make the call, something went wrong with his phone. He’d tried a few times before King told him that in all likelihood, Jeisa was using a blocker on his cell, making it less than useless.

“Any ideas?” King asked.

“What I want to know is why the police haven’t gotten involved at all. It’s not like the gunshots wouldn’t have been reported at this point.” He said.

“Police are probably bought and paid for.” Jason replied, sitting against the wall of the building that they were outside of. “HYDRA and Jeisa aren't going to leave any of this up to chance. We've already put a major fuckup in their plans. But we can’t stay here. The safehouse is on the other side of the city, we’ve been moving away from it.” He said, rising up from his seated position.

He leaned around the corner to see if there was anyone on the street that wasn’t friendly, but it didn't look like that, just a handful of people on the streets, going about their business. Reaching into his jacket pocket, he fiddled with something in his jacket, looking like he was rearranging what body armor he had.

“Looks clear?”

Looks clear.” Jason replied and the two stepped out.

They barely made it a few meters when form around the corner of the nearest intersection, a vehicle came screaming into view, riddled with bullet holes. It was their Navistar MXT from before, and King looked mighty pissed about it.

“They stole my car.”

“Not sure that should be the thing that upsets you the most right now.” Henry replied. “They’re got a car, we’ve got feet.” He said.

“Bastards stole my car.”

Now it was Jones’ turn to be the grown up, grabbing King by the arm and starting to drag him away from the oncoming vehicle and back into the alley.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Downtown Rio
0110 Local Time

“It was a fucking car.”

“It was my fucking car. When you're old enough to have a car of your own, you'll understand. Don’t you use that language with me, Junior.” King said, before he was shoved roughly to the ground of a van. “You’re the one who got us in this mess, don’t forget it.” He said.

“Me? What did I do?” Jones asked, and King turned, so that Jones could see his hands. He made a circle with one hand and then mimed the index finger on his other hand going into the hole. “Oh, that’s mature. That’s real mature.” He said, and King beamed.

They were sitting on the ground, in the back of a van, and had arranged themselves so that their legs were dangling out over the edge. “Okay, let’s get this over with.” King said. “Where is the bitch?” He asked.

“The bitch is right here.” Jeisa said, walking around and into view.

Jones had to admit that it was still weird seeing her in combat gear. She was giving both men a glare, something else that he wasn’t too used to, but was starting to get very familiar to him. She was holding his Hardballer Longslide still and she waved it around in the air, forming a tight circle as she spoke.

“Now, let’s talk.” She said. “You guys think that you can just walk in on an operation of mine, and screw the whole thing up?” She asked, and King nodded. “Not only do you set up a way to fuck with my spike on Myers’ computer systems, but you have the balls to shoot at me and my men? I could have broken a nail.”

“Well, cut off one nail and two more grow in its place, right?” Jones asked with a smirk.

“That was a HYDRA joke, wasn’t it?” King asked with another smile and Jones nodded. “My boy’s getting wittier. So, what are you going to do, Jeisa?” He asked. “Your HYDRA bosses aren’t going to be too pleased that your little plan kicked the bucket. You gotta bring them back something. Maybe you can screw Myers and get in another way.” He said.

“That is an idea.” She said. “But you know, there’s something more valuable to HYDRA than Myers’ computer data. We know the spike works after all, so it’s not like we can’t manufacture another situation.” She said, as the HYDRA mercenaries went to work at packing up everything that they had brought with them into another van. “It’s not everyday though that the leader of Task Force 141 shows up though, you know? I mean, S.H.I.E.L.D. doesn’t even know that HYDRA exists anymore. We operate under the radar; it’s only Task Force 141 that we have to worry about. How far back would you and your little pretend band of spies be if you were captured…killed even?” She asked.

King’s face changed from a smile to a menacing glare and she knew that she had the two of them right where she wanted them. “Now look here-“

“No, I don’t think I will.” Jeisa replied. “But the question is, what to do about Henry here. Você vai morrer , como o rei?” She asked, and Henry shook his head. “Why not? It seems like the right thing to do.”

“Because you’re not going to kill him. You kill him and all the information he knows about Task Force 141 goes to the grave with him. You keep him alive, interrogate him, well, that’s a smarter deal all the way around. Think about it logically.” He said.

In the distance, they could hear the low thudding of a helicopter approaching. King started to smile as a HYDRA soldier stepped up to her.

“Ma’am, we need to move. What’s the decision?” He asked. “Are we killing them or do we need to secure them?”

“I think the game is up, don’t you, Jeisa?” King asked, giving her a questioning look. “Aren’t you getting tired of all of this running around?”

She shook her head, closing her eyes with a grimace. “What makes you think that that’s your helicopter and not mine?”

There was a gunshot and a HYDRA soldier in the distance dropped to the ground, dead.

“Lucky guess.” King said. “I have those sometimes.” He added as the HYDRA soldiers started firing at the oncoming helicopter, turning the streets of Rio de Janeiro into a gunfight all over again.

“What do you want us to do?” The soldier next to her asked her again.

“Sorry, Junior, but you’re just a little bit more expendable than the old man. Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.” She said, raising his Hardballer Longslide and aiming it at him.

“You really are a bitch, you know that?” He asked, and her face changed. “You know, I’m glad that I found out it was just sex, that it didn’t mean anything to you. Because it didn’t mean anything to me either.”

“What did you say?” She asked, her voice dropping low.

“You heard me. You were a pretty face in a foreign, bum fuck country that I was given on assignment. Great, I mean, just amazing ass, great tits, but that’s about it.” He said, looking everywhere but at her. “Didn’t mean a damn thing.”

The pistol found purchase in the hollow of his shoulder and she pushed, into the relatively old, relatively fresh gun shot wound that he had received when she and he had been rammed almost six hours prior.

“So that’s how you feel, Henry?” She asked. “Isso é como você se sente sobre tudo o que tinha? Tudo que nós compartilhamos?“ She said through partially gritted teeth.

“Yes.” Henry said, turning and look at her and seeing the look on her face. “Now, are you going to shoot me or are we just pussying the fuck around?” He asked.

The gun shifted.

And fired.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Unknown Location
0520 Local Time

His eyes opened and he looked around. “Not again.” Jones said, grimacing in pain. This time he knew where he was. Gray still dominated the color palette of the place. Clearly someone had some kind of weird obsession with the color, or a limited budget. One of the two. Knowing King better, he had a feeling it was a limited budget. Somehow, King had gotten him out of there, which, he knew, he was never going to hear the end of. But all of those thoughts died, when he realized who was in the bed next to him, curled up against him.

Jeisa.

Jones couldn’t help it; he reached a hand out and stroked her hair, which was down. She was back to wearing regular clothes, just a white tank top and dark blue jeans. She was barefoot and sleeping. His fingers sifted through her hair and she smiled in her sleep, moving to get more comfortable against him. Her eyes slowly opened and she turned her head, long black hair cascading downwards, and their eyes met.

“You’re awake.” She said.

“Yeah.”

“I thought…I thought you weren’t going to wake up.” She said, her voice breaking.

“Well, you did shoot me.” He said, his grip on her hair tightening as he started to remember just how he’d gotten into this position.

“Oh, God, I didn’t want to, I swear.” She said, pulling down the blanket and sliding her fingers over the bandage, as she looked at the dressed and treated wound.” King was the one who came up with the plan, and I-“

“None of that makes sense.” Jones replied. “How are you here?” He asked, starting to pull her hair. “What the hell is going on, and you better start explaining.”

“You’re hurting me, Henry.” Jeisa said, her eyes flashing. “Stop.”

“Not until I get some answers.” He said, as tears started to spring into her eyes.

“Stop.”

“No.” He said, about to yank until the door opened and Jason King walked in. “What the fuck, dude?” He asked.

“Jeisa, he’s not going to trust you right now, you should have counted on that. You screwed him with the flash drive. You send goons after him. You turn out to be HYDRA, and, you know, you shot him. You don’t have to be kicked in the nuts more than once to realize it hurts.” He said. “Look, Jonesy, if you don’t mind though, could you let her go?” He asked. “You’re hurting one of my best agents.” King said.

“Your best what?” Jones asked.

King dropped down into a chair at the foot of the bed. “Jeisa Oliveira is a Task Force 141 agent. Her mission, which ended a few hours ago, was to infiltrate HYDRA and get some intelligence from them. The problem was that over time, she got too good at being a HYDRA agent and kept getting promoted. She was getting in over her head and we wanted to pull her from the field.” King said. “But we needed to stop the spike from happening as well. So I came up with a plan that involved her S.H.I.E.L.D. boyfriend.”

“Who apparently wasn’t really her boyfriend, but just a piece of ass.” Jeisa said, glaring at Jones while King chuckled.

“Grown ups are talking, sweetie, this is when you’re supposed to be quiet.” Henry replied.

“Oh don’t you start becoming like him.” Jeisa said, pointing at King.

“I am a polite, and gentle person. I should be emulated, my virtues extolled.” Jason said. “She’s a double agent, putting it succinctly enough. In order to get her out, we needed to make it look like she was killed, which is what happened tonight, after you got shot.” He said.

“All of that is fine and dandy. And manipulative as all get out. But why did I need to be shot?” Henry asked.

“Because I can’t control two sides of a firefight and your personal issues at the same time. So moody.” King said. “I got you riled up because I knew you’d make sure the spike was stopped without it looking like Jeisa was the one stopping the spike. But after that, I had to make sure you didn’t actually kill her or anything like that.” He said, rising from the chair. “Get some rest, Junior, you did good. Though, cleaning your blood out of the van was a bitch. I’ve got the bill for you to pay. HYDRA thinks she’s dead, and we got our agent back. We stopped the spike, and most importantly, I didn’t get shot, hit in the face, or killed. That’s a good day.”

“I got shot.”

“That’s your fault. I'm still pissed about my car.” King said as he walked to the door.

“Hey, Jason.” Henry said and King stopped, having opened the door. “No more lying to me. No more manipulating me. No more hiding the truth. You tell me what’s going on, I don’t want anymore surprises like this.” He said.

“No more lying, hiding the truth?” King asked, rhetorically, as he looked out the door. “Yeah, alright. I promise. I probably shouldn’t hide the truth from or lie to my godson anyway.” He said, walking out of the door.

“Son of a bitch.” Henry said, letting his head fall back down on the pillow, and staring up at the ceiling. While he wanted to know just what King was talking about, he was not in any condition to get up and chase the man down. It was something he was going to have to get the answers to later. He winced suddenly as Jeisa punched him in the stomach. “Jesus, what?” He asked.

“Não fazer o que me . Então , era apenas sexo ? Eu sou um cara bonita , é isso ?” She asked him.

“I did say you had a great, just amazing ass.” He said. “You’re looking at me all malevolent again.” He said, sliding his hand down and around her, grabbing her and pulling her in close. “You know I care about you.” Jones said, his voice dropping down low.

“So you’ll forgive me?” She asked, tracing the bandage on his chest.

“I promise to think about it.” Jones said and she pushed into the bandage. “Woman, I may be shot, but I will still put you in your damned place.” He said.

“And what place would that be?” She asked, giving him a look.

He adjusted her about an inch in one direction. “Right there by my side.” He said and she placed her head on his chest, smiling. “Now, can I get some sleep? Everyone keeps forgetting, I got shot.” He said.

“Sure thing.” She said.

They were quiet for a few moments and the moments turned into a few minutes. “I am sorry about shooting you and making you think I betrayed you.” She said, softly. “I didn’t want to do that to you. I…You’ve always been more than a cover relationship to me.” Jeisa said, her voice cracking slightly. “I love you.” She said.

There was silence for a few more moments.

“I love you too.” He said, lifting her head up and kissing her. “Damned glad tonight is over.”

“Tomorrow’s a new day.” She said, settling her head back down.