JLA: From the Ashes...

An interactive forum that focuses on DC and Marvel like superheroes...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus, WoH Coordinators

Nichalus

JLA: From the Ashes...

Post by Nichalus »

He was use to the silence, but today, it took on an eerie quality.

Today, he had finally finished his 'project'. One that had taken him years to accomplish. 18 years ago, it was a enormous husk of metal. Powerless, mangled, entire sections missing, when once it was a beacon in the sky for those on the Earth to look up at and feel safe knowing that those that inhabited it were there protecting them.

The Watchtower was whole again.

But only in so much as it's structure was once again whole.

Ree'Van, or as the media were now proclaiming..Superman, had painstakingly moved the destroyed husk of a station from the Earth's orbit and into a orbit around Jupiter's moon Europa, approximately a year after the devastating invasion by the Chrell. This was no easy feat, even with his powers, which he was still growing accustom to, but at the time he was not ready to reveal himself to the world. But he knew that Kal-El would have wanted him to do this.

The Watchtower was one of the first structures to fall in the initial invasion, it's vast defenses, along side several members of the Lantern's Corps, and Earth Heroes fought bravely, but ultimately it only bought them time enough to evacuate important items and data, before the massive power core was breeched and destroyed nearly half of the station's structure.

So over the years since, Ree'Van had secretly hauled metals and materials to the station, slowly rebuilding it piece by piece. He re-enforced the station's structure from super dense metals that he mined from the very surface of Jupiter itself. The windows of the Watchtower were replaced with crystals found below the surface of Europa's frozen tundra, super heated by Superman's heat vision, and then compressed and shaped by him, then form fitted into their place on the station.

Re-equiping the station was another matter all together. For that he had to show extreme patience and a bit of subterfuge, with the help of his father and the Chase Corporation. Equiping the station with up to date communications, computer systems and basic environmental necessities were easy, but they had to make the purchases over long periods of time so as to not raise the attention of the accountants, or prying eyes. Once he had the basic structure completed, he then brought several dozen of his Fortress Droids to begin the work of installing the equipment, and then maintaining the miniature Atomic Cauldron that now powers the station.

But now, he stood in the newly refurbished Monitor Womb, looking out the vast window at the cold white surface of Europa. His emerald eyes surveyed the room, the sound of his footsteps echoing in the vast empty chamber.

--Sir, all systems are operational. The Watchtower is now fully functional, final power ups will commense at your command. Came the voice of one of the Droids, that silently slid up to his side.

"Thank you D6. You and your fellow droids have outdone yourself." Superman replied with a smile.

With that, he glides up into the air and slowly makes his way through the station, much like a General making a last survey of his area before an important event. Making his way through the hangar, he pierces the hangar bay shielding and flies to the bottom of the largest section of the station. Placing his hands on the station's paneling, he then pushes.

The Watchtower moves from the perfect orbit between Jupiter and Europa, and as he breaks the gravitational pull of the gas giant, Superman increases his speed to nearly sub-light velocities. Within an hour, he nears the spinning blue marble that he calls his home. He gently guides the enormous station into a geo-orbit on the dark side of the moon, and then returns inside the station to the Monitor Womb.

--We are in a perfect geo-orbit on the darkside Sir, no Earth tracking systems will be able to detect our presense at this time.-- D6 states dutifully.

"Well, now its time to make a long overdue phone call. Activate the Teleporter Stations, and let's 'hope' that a 'friend' will answer the call."

Ree'Van depresses a button on the communication station, and somewhere in a dark cave, a beeping signal and a system that has not been activated in nearly two decades suddenly comes to life.
:obiwan: The 'Old Man' of the Exodus

EFFL Champion (2013-2016) First Two-Time Exodus Champion

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Re: JLA: From the Ashes...

Post by Mir »

Trust no one. No one. Not until they’ve earned your trust. I made that mistake once and I paid for it. Even Kent, Diana, Jordan, or West could ever be truly trusted. The perception of trust is enough for many.

The words that he’d memorized years ago, from the book of Bruce’s that he’d found, came to his mind as he looked at the archaic piece of technology that had started itself up. The man standing there wasn’t dressed in his business suit, and his eyes were narrowed at the teleporter. Now he had to think back, when he had started his renovation project on the cave, why he had left that in. It had been a symbol of the past, just like the rest of the things that had been in the cave. But none of those things were here. The green dinosaur, the giant penny, none of Bruce’s trophies. They were all gone. But this, this had remained. Because it had been a symbol that had needed to stay.

Trust no one.

He took a step towards the projector and saw that it was on the sending function, meaning that he needed to step on it and head to wherever it was that it was transmitting to. The Justice League Watchtower? He shook his head slowly, no that couldn’t be it. It was a derelict, a lost relic of days gone by, destroyed by the Chrell during the Invasion. He remembered being a kid, watching the Watchtower get destroyed on the television as the Invasion had started. Bruce Wayne, the Batman, had already been dead two years before that Invasion had taken place. Without a word, he walked over a stand that stood next to a small circle in the ground and pressed a series of buttons on the stand. The circle slid away and a long cylinder slid upwards, revealing his business suit, the suit that had allowed him to strike fear into the hearts of criminals throughout Gotham City, and begin to earn the begrudging respect and trust of Lieutenant Steven Santieri of the Gotham City Police Department.

The man put the suit on as the door to the Batcave opened and an elderly white man entered. “Master Muir, I thought you were staying in tonight.”

“Something came up, Winston.” Isaiah said, half dressed.

The elderly man saw the transporter all lit up and he frowned. “I thought we had unplugged that.”

“So did I.” His employer replied, holding the helmet in his hands.

“I see.” Winston said. He looked back at the man as the helmet slid into place. “Well then, have a good time.” The man said with a small smirk on his face. “Nothing I should have to worry about? Other than the normal safety procedures?” He asked as the other man walked towards the teleporter.

“The usual should be fine, Winston.” Batman said as he stepped onto the teleporter. A second later, he was gone.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

When he stepped out of the teleporter, Batman found himself in something that looked a lot like Bruce’s old pictures of the old Watchtower. His eyes narrowed as he looked around at everything that was in place. But then everything else faded into unimportance as he took in the man that was standing in the room. He saw the S on the chest of the man in front of him and he shook his head slowly. “And you are?” He asked.

Nichalus

Post by Nichalus »

"I am Ree'Van." Ree said as The Batman stepped out of the teleporter. His statement came out as if he knew that this Batman was testing him. It was both an acknowledgement that he did not consider himself as the new Superman, as the media was proclaiming, only that he wanted to prove that he was not so arrogant to boldly claim that he is.

"I have to admit, I'm surprised that the teleporter would still work to the Batcave. Kal'El thought that you..or rather, your predecessor, would have disabled it long ago." He held up his hand, as if to ward off the defensive response that he thought would come. "Don't worry, I have the same respect for your privacy as did Kal'El for Bruce Wayne. So I'm not going to make any 'surprise' visits to your domain, or try to figure out who your alter-ego is. I have watched your exploits closely, and you seem to be...as they say...a chip off the old block."

"I'm sure you have dedeuced why I called for you, and I'm sure that you have questions." Ree leaned back against a countertop casually. "If you are half the man that Wayne was, then 'trust' is something that you hold close to the cuff."

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

“I have figured out why you called me here.” Batman said. “And the answer is no. I’m not joining the Justice League, or the Avengers, or Vanguard, or any team that asks me. When my fight for Gotham is done, then we’ll see.” He said. “Besides, do you know how many global response teams there are in the world? There’s the Avengers, there’s Vanguard’s Thunderbolts, and there’s S.H.I.E.L.D.’s S.H.I.E.L.D. One team. Between those three, something tells me that they have things covered.” He said, his voice low and a bit gravelly. “Why don’t you join one of them?” He asked. “I’m sure that they’ll be interested in your Watchtower with it’s WayneTech knockoffs.” He said, the slightest of smirks creeping on his face.

Nichalus

Post by Nichalus »

"Actually, the tech here is, or was, upgraded using 'new' technology. Kal'El, had quite a repository of tech from various worlds, and even dimensional ones." Ree stated matter of factly. "I think of it as honoring the equipment from Wayne."

"Yes, I know of all the other 'teams' around the world, but the JLA was something more. They were the first that brought together multitudes of heroes, gave many a home, and for some a sense of ..family..however dysfunctional it was at times."

"Don't get me wrong Batman, I'm not trying to relive the past, or reinvent the wheel here. Kal'El told me that Bruce and him were as close to one another as brothers, and that he trusted Bruce with his life..." A slight smile of his own crosses his lips, as he looks at Batman's utility belt. "..no doubt I'm sure there is a special compartment on that belt of yours that proves Kal's trust in Bruce."

"Kal told me, if there is one person in the world that he trusted most...it was Bruce." He looks down at the floor, as if trying to make a decision, and then stands up straight and looks Batman directly. "Are you a man that can be trusted, like your predecessor?"

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

"I can be trusted." Batman said. "But, I do not trust." He said. "You're the one who's impervious to bullets." He said. "You're not the only one who does research. So far you've exhibited all of the normal traits of a Kryptonian, leading me to believe that either you're a very good clone with some genetics interfered with to make certain traits different, or you're a Kryptonian who's 'new' to this world." He said. "Either way, you're not Kal'el and I'm not Bruce Wayne. We're not brothers."

"So you don't trust me."

"I make it a habit not to trust anyone." Batman said. "But if this plan of yours works and you find yourself in over your head and you need help...I'm not promising I'll show up."

Nichalus

Post by Nichalus »

Ree smiled despite his reservation. "I can assure you Batman, I am not a clone. As a show of trust, I was actually launched from Krypton at the very same moment as Kal'El. Our fathers were actually quite close. Unfortunately, my craft was ...delayed, for lack of a better term...and was pulled into a wormhole just outside Krypton's solar system. When my craft emerged from the wormhole, it took my craft's systems nearly two decades to find earth. Due to the malfunction, I was placed in suspended animation by the safety protocols."

Ree sighs slightly at the memories. "When I crashed here, Kal was there, took me in and cared for me in seculsion at the Fortress of Solitude.". He smiles at happier memories of growing up. "Don't gt me wrong, growing up in the Fortress was ..fun. I mean how many other kids had a Sun Eater and a super strong dog as pets?"

Nichalus

Post by Nichalus »

"Look Batman, I'm not going to beg you to join, nor hand you a story of honor and justice demands that we should revive a lost legacy. I'm telling you that you have a place here, whether you like that or not."

"I can't begin to tell you how many videos I watched of meeting between the charter members of the JLA. But there was one thing that Batman always brought to the table. He brought a sense of 'grounded in reality' that some of the other members lacked, or they led with their hearts, which is a danger in itself."

"I recognize the fact that we both have our own methods of attacking crime, I don't particularly agree with your ways, anymore than Kal did Bruce's way. But there is a distinct difference with me...like you said...I'm not Kal'El and your not Bruce Wayne."

"With that said, my invitation stands. The teleporter will be open for your use, should you decide to...visit."

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Batman nodded wordlessly and started back towards the teleporter. "I think we're done here, unless there's something else that you need to speak to me about." He said. When Superman had no reply, Batman continued to the teleporter. He stood on it, turning around so that he could get one last look at Superman. "I never said trust was out of the realm of possibility, remember that." Batman said, before he disappeared through the teleporter.

Nichalus

Post by Nichalus »

Ree'Van smiled as Batman stepped into the teleporter and was returned to his Batcave. "Well....that actually went better than I expected."

Walking over to the communication station, he keyed in a serie of codes and opened a channel. "S.H.E.I.L.D. Comm Center, this is..." He pauses for a moment, it would be the first time he would officially acknowledge himself openly to anyone..for a moment, he felt a lump in his throat. "...Superman.

"I would like to request a direct and secure line to Director Fury please."

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

It didn't take long for the message to be relayed through the proper channels and reach Nick Fury's desk. The Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. pressed a button that would record the conversation and then he spoke from his office off of the man made island that S.H.I.E.L.D. controlled off the coast of Long Island, New York. They'd already verified where the transmission was coming from and a S.H.I.E.L.D. controlled satellite was working on triangulating how close to the Moon this transmission was coming from. "Superman." He said. "This is Nicholas Fury, the Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. Well first off, I have to assume that you are, indeed, who you say you are. We've heard some interesting reports out of Metropolis. Mr. Matthews is a very good friend of S.H.I.E.L.D. and we had a chat about what happened at the charity event recently. Now, I'm known as a very suspicious man and until I can verify you are who you say you are, this conversation is going to be, well, let's just say it'll be interesting. So, what can I do for you?" He asked.

Nichalus

Post by Nichalus »

"Director, I understand your suspicions." Ree'Van smiled at Fury's image in the screen. "Given the circumstances, if the positions were reversed, I would have the same questions in my head."

"I would like to extend to you an ...invitation. I have rebuilt the old JLA Watchtower, we currently are in a geo-stationary orbit on the darkside of the moon. I didn't think it would be ...wise...to suddenly have the tower show up on everyones radars all over the world and think their was another invasion of some kind coming."

"I would like to invite you and your team to the Tower, to show you that I am who I am, and that this station is here to aid in the protection of the Earth. Once, and 'if', you are satisfied after the visit, I felt that you making the announcement that the Watchtower was returning, would help alleviate any tension that might arise from the Earth."

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Nick Fury smirked. "I'm not sure which history book you've been reading but S.H.I.E.L.D.'s way of doing things has certainly changed from the days before the Chrell Invasion. I remember a time when I would have agreed to this, without a problem. Now we face more interesting quandaries." He said. "But I guess there's nothing wrong with having a look up there." He said, his wheels turning.

Jagtai
The Adminerator

Post by Jagtai »

The ring was "dinging", for lack of a better word. It had never done that before. Of course, he hadn't had the ring for more than a day.

The sound was low and humming and really god damn irritating. Franz found himself yelling at it to shut up, to no avail. Eventually, he picked it up.

"Eh..." He tried to think of a suitable word, "eh...oh yeah. Suit up!"

Nothing happened. He tried again, willing it to work. This time, his body became covered in a black and green suit, and the upper part of his face disappeared underneath a green mask. The ring still "dinged." Franz gave up.

"Fine, show me where to go."

He willed himself to fly, and slowly lifted off. He flew up to the skylight and gently pushed it open. After inching onto the roof, he then shot upwards. As he moved upwards, the "ding" grew louder. He looked up. He was moving towards the moon. For a moment, he lost concentration and began falling. He came close to panicking - and terminal velocity - before he overcame his panic and willed himself upwards again. His descent became an ascent once more and soon he was orbiting Earth. He quickly realized that he could still breathe and grinned.

"Cool."

He descended and sped across the lunar surface. The "dinging" grew louder. Slowly, the outline of a gargantuan structure appeared on the horizon. Franz sped up, and quickly reached the structure. It was space station.

"So, my first enemy. Here we go." Deciding a surprise attack was the best approach, he willed a immense green rock out of nothing and sent it spiralling towards the station with several times the speed of sound...

Nichalus

Post by Nichalus »

WARNING...STATION UNDER ATTACK...WARNING...STATION UNDER ATTACK

Alarm Klaxons suddenly began sounding, and the Defense System comes online. A shield barrier winks into existance around the Tower, just in time to take the jarring impact from the enormous green rock.

"Director Fury, I told you..." Superman looked at the image of Fury on the screen.

Fury's image holds up his hand to stop the rest of Superman's insinuation. "Hold up there Hoss. That ain't us."

"Then if it isn't S.H.I.E.L.D. what, or who is attacking us?" Superman looks out the vast Monitor Womb window, concentrating his telescopic vision and looks in the area where the rock had come from. He narrows his eyes, and then sees a green hued shape in the distance, zooming in, he then makes out the familiar emerald and black uniform of a Green Lantern.

"What the hell?" He mutters in surprise. Turning to Fury's image on the screen. "Excuse me Director, it appears I have a situation."

Before Fury can respond, Superman soars through the Tower and through the airlock in the hangar in the blink of an eye. With a burst of speed, he becomes a blue and read blur, as he streaks towards Green Lantern.

Jagtai
The Adminerator

Post by Jagtai »

Franz was expecting the station to take massive damage, and was a little disappointed when the defence systems stopped the rock.

He was willing the creation of an even bigger rock, when a vaguely blue and red object emerged from the station and moved rapidly in his direction. The rock winked out of existence, as he conjured a pair of .50 calibre machine-guns and began firing at the object. He quickly realized that the object was faster than green bullets. The machine-guns disappeared; instead, Franz focused and a beam of green energy shot out of the ring and, by sheer luck, hit the object squarely in the chest...

Nichalus

Post by Nichalus »

The Oa Energy struck Superman directly in the chest, and actually slowed his acceleration somewhat. Superman gritted his teeth and put his hands out in front of him and pushed against the beam while continuing to move forward towards Green Lantern. Green energy sprayed out in front of him in a spectacular display, as it's energy was deflected by Superman's forward progress.

This Lantern must be 'very' new. Superman thought to himself as he bulled forward. Otherwise, this would be much harder. He doesn't have a clue as to the true power that he wields on his finger. That alone makes him..dangerous.

He could see the Lantern concentrating, trying to put more power into the beam. Ree'Van steeled himself and continued to push ahead, until he stopped several feet in front of the Lantern, positioning himself so that the ring's energy beam impacting directly against the 'S' emblem on his chest which also contained a yellow field, and helped to dissipate the energy of the ring.

Superman smiled slightly at Green Lantern, looking down at the harmless spray of green energy, then back up at him. "You know...Your going to drain your ring friend. But I'm sure that it's creating quite a show for the folks on the planet."

Jagtai
The Adminerator

Post by Jagtai »

Franz felt the panic swell up inside, as the object closed the distance. He could see that it was a man now; a man clad in an blue and red jumpsuit.

Superman?!

He concentrated harder, sending more energy in the direction of Superman, but to no avail. Finally, Superman reached him. He stopped in front of him and spoke. Franz decided that sending out energy was a waste of effort, and stopped sending energy in Supermans direction. He subconsciously strengthened the nigh-invisible force field around himself.

"Are you...are you really Superman?"

Did I just try to beat Superman?!

Nichalus

Post by Nichalus »

"Well, technicially speaking." Superman smiled. "I am not the Superman. Anymore than I think your the Green Lantern. But I think I have had the benefit of studying and training under the original Superman, than you did with Hal Jordan or any of the other previous Lanterns."

"Look, I think I have some explaining to do, since it's obvious that you recieved my signal. Come on back to the Tower, and we can discuss how we can help one another."

After the brief trip back, the two entered the Watchtower. "I don't know how much about the Tower you remember prior to its destruction during the invasion, but it took me nearly 2 decades to rebuild her, and now, I'm trying to rebuild, or put together, the Justice League. The History Files that I have in the databanks, all come from Kal'El's personal libarary in the Fortress of Solitude. They are quite detailed, and I have read up alot about the Lantern Corps, it's history and many of their members prior to the invasion."

He stops and turns to Franz. "The ring has 'finally' found a worthy replacement for the Green Lantern. According to what I have read, the bar is set 'very' high on how the rings choose their masters. Which says alot about you."

A slight frown creases his lips as he looks down and activates a holoscreen. Images of past Lanterns of all shades and races begin appearing, and even the ruined planet of Oa appears, the very planet cracked in several enormous pieces with a cloud-like ring of debris surrounding them. "Sadly, it would appear that the Chrell were ..thorough..in their attacks. They knew that the Lantern Corps would be a real threat against them, and they destroyed the planet Oa in the beginning of their invasion of the galaxy."

"You may be the one of the few..if not only..Lanterns left in the Universe."

Jagtai
The Adminerator

Post by Jagtai »

Franz was still in awe of being around Superman, even if he wasn't the Superman. He was even more in awe of the size and scope of the Watchtower itself.

He listened intently, smiling ever so slightly when Ree'Van commented on his choosing. He still couldn't believe that he had been chosen. He wasn't exactly a saint. When the images flowed by, he only recognized one of the Lanterns - Ka'tral, his ghostly mentor, fifteen years dead. He didn't know what or where Oa was, but he realized its significance nonetheless.

Finally, he nodded.

"I think I am the last Lantern. The ring had been buried for fifteen years, when I found it." He shrugged. "This Justice League...it sounds like a worthwhile cause, but I have to find my bearings before I can commit. If I can't give you a run for your money," he smiled, "I'm not much of a Lantern, am I?"

Nichalus

Post by Nichalus »

"You didn't get that ring by doubting who you are." Ree'Van put a hand on Franz's shoulder. "The ring chose you because of the promise of what you can be."

"Like you, I have some enormous boots to fill, and a legacy to live up to that is..daunting..to say the least. As I said, I have detailed files all about the Lanterns, and many of the personal files on the various ringbearers. Not to mention a state-of-the-art Training Sim-Based Training room on the station."

"I am not asking you to commit to the JLA now, but this facility is open for your use. To learn about what you can be, and train to be so." Superman looks at Franz, his tone grows serious. "I'm not going to lie to you Lantern. What you wear on your finger is quite possibly one of the most powerful weapons in the Universe. If only for the reason that it's power is reigned in only by the strength of the mind, and 'will', of it's wearer. The ring does have safeguards against it's use if the wearer should lose control, but the potential for destruction is there."

"What I'm saying is...I am here to help you. Not 'control' you, nor steer you along a path that 'I' deem right. But to aid you in your search to understand who you are, and what you can be." His smile returns. "Hell, the two of us are really alot alike. I'm at the beginning of my journey, much like yourself. Maybe we can both learn about who we are together."

Jagtai
The Adminerator

Post by Jagtai »

Franz smiled too. He was beginning to like the new Superman. He was much more humble about his powers than he'd imagined.

"I'd like that. I accept your offer." He didn't relish having to read so much, but if it helped him grow as a Lantern, he could live with it. Besides, the training room sounded like a good place to work out. He hesitated. "Aren't you afraid that I'll damage the station while training, though?"
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." - Bilbo Baggins
From madness comes wisdom, and from wisdom comes power.
"I'm convinced you're secretly a British Spy" - Mir

My characters

Nichalus

Post by Nichalus »

Ree'Van laughed good naturedly at the Lantern's last question. "Well, my friend...the potential is there for that to happen, but the Training Room has safeguards in place, to protect both yourself and the station from..accidents..from the multitudes of heroes that resided here before and used it. Plus we can arrange for excerises outside the station to test more potent properties of your power, without risking damage to the Tower itself."

Ree'Van thought for a moment and smiled demurely. "You know, I don't think I have properly introduced myself. My name is Ree'Van, using the moniker Superman, still sounds strange to me. And yes, I am a Kryptonian just like the original."

Jagtai
The Adminerator

Post by Jagtai »

Franz nodded.

"Sounds good." He extended his hand. "I'm pleased to meet you, Ree'Van. My name is Frank, Frank Eagle. I am - well, used to be - a stuntman." He grinned. "I guess I'll be doing another kind of stunts from now on."

He didn't feel as confident as he looked. In less than a day, he had found the green ring, become the last Green Lantern, attacked the home of the Justice League, and fought (and befriended) Superman. That was a lot of input to digest.

Nichalus

Post by Nichalus »

Ree'Van took Frank's hand and shook it firmly, he could not help but notice the look of uncomfort on his face.

"Aw man, don't be so hard on yourself Frank." He popped Green Lantern in the back, with a good natured 'a bit more harder than intended' slap. "Everyone makes some crappy mistakes from time to time. It's how we learn. My father once said.."We all make errors in judgement Ree, it's what we learn from it that makes us stronger, and make the 'right' judgements in the future."

One of Superman's droids quietly glides towards the two of them holding a large tray with a vast selection of various beverages on it.

--Excuse me Sirs, but I took the liberty of putting together a selection of beverages, both Earth based and some other selections from the Fortress that were brought here for guests and social gatherings. Might I suggest Mr. Eagle, this Malt Liquior from Sector 2574, I believe it was a favored drink of a past Lantern by the name of Kilowog.

Jagtai
The Adminerator

Post by Jagtai »

Frank smiled.

"I'm glad there's no hard feelings." He took the malt liquor offered. "Thanks, droid." He took a sip and heaved for air. "Verdammt! How could this Kilowog drink this stuff? It's strong!" He looked at the droid. "Don't you have a Heineken hidden somewhere?"

Nichalus

Post by Nichalus »

--Of course sir, I overheard your conversation with Ree'Van, and noticed your dialect had a German accent, and took the precaution to bring some German-Styled drinks.-- The droid hands him a cold Heinken.

"That..." A holoimage of Kilowog, swine faced with a large powerful body, appears over the monitor console. "..is Kilowog. According to records and Kal, he was actually a very kind and gentle being."

"As you can see, the Tower Droids are here to take care of our needs." Ree'Van smiles. "Quarters will be made ready for you here, even if you don't join, they will be 'your' quarters. Think of it as a home away from home."

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

It hadn’t been that hard to get S.H.I.E.L.D. One on a priority alert. The group had already assembled, some of them looking kind of worse for wear. Gabrielle Myers and Charles Miller had been unable to grab the man known as Gregory Monroe. They had only just returned from England, and they looked tired. But there was no rest for the weary, or the woman codenamed Spectacular, who was still a bit bruised and beaten from the fight with Michelle Crawford, the Phoenix. They were all in the hangar of the S.H.I.E.L.D. Headquarters, boarding one of the shuttles that they had that was capable of space flight. Once everyone was onboard, with the exception of Spectacular, they took off. She was needed outside of the vessel, since she was the only one who was capable of enduring the vacuum of space unaided, making her their only defense or offense until they landed somewhere.

The time that it took to reach orbit was next to nothing and then they were headed to the moon. Thanks to the advanced technology, or what had been advanced technology, close to twenty years ago, their trip didn’t take long, and soon the rebuilt Watchtower came into view.

“Well that’s kind of pretty.” Fury said.

When they received permission to dock, they did so, and the boarding ramp of the shuttle lowered, Fury was the first person off, followed by the rest of the team.

Jagtai
The Adminerator

Post by Jagtai »

Franz took a sip of his Heineken.

"I'm sure he was." He nodded. "That sounds good."

A droid voice informed them that a shuttle was docking with the station. Franz put down the Heineken.

"I'll leave you to your guests. I think I'll try out the training facilities before I go. Oh," he added almost as an afterthought, "just 'ding' if you need me."

By the time Fury got off, Franz was off to the training facilities.

Ghost
This Space Available

Post by Ghost »

Kal'iy frowned as she had watched Batman disappear into the transporter not too long ago, then Ree'Van disappear to ward off the attackers who ended up being the "new" Green Lantern and end up back here in a drinking contest. She rolled her eyes as she remained floating above the two of them, leaning against the wall, her arms folded across her chest.

I guess now is a better time than any.

She slowly floated down beside Ree'van, a hand coming to rest upon the chair closest to him. She looked at Franz and then Ree. "So, he declined?" She raised a eyebrow, her free hand coming up to brush the locks of golden hair from her crystal blue vision. "And for reasons which apparently are personal in nature."

"Now." Ree'van responded with a defensive tone. "You and I both know he has good intentions and I'm sure with tim-"

She cut him off almost immediately and held up a hand. "Time isn't always a factor in this world." A tight smile came to the edges of her mouth. "Besides, I haven't had a chance to talk to the Dark Knight just yet.."

Nichalus

Post by Nichalus »

Ree'Van's eyebrow quirked up a bit at her statement. "Talk to Batman about ...what?"

Ghost
This Space Available

Post by Ghost »

"Joining us, or rather you." She shrugged. "It's apparent that he is skeptical of you and no doubt, he will be skeptical of me but you just don't have the appeal that I do. You're too much of a boy scout, like Kal'el was." She chuckled. "And god knows, the world will see that eventually." Another shrug. "Don't let it get to you, he is living up to the same legend as Bruce did before him."

"What's that?" Ree'Van inquired.

"Being cold and un-trusting of others." She fired back.

Nichalus

Post by Nichalus »

"Kaley, Batman isn't going to care about your 'appeal' compared to mine. He's an honorable enough man, but he appears to be much like his predecessor. Appearing cold and heartless is his most dangerous weapon.". Ree smiled at Kaley.

"He didn't say 'no' in the literal sense. In bat'speak', it's more like I'll think about it, while I watch you, and see what your up to'. Remember what he said just before he disappeared?"

Ghost
This Space Available

Post by Ghost »

"I think, I will go have a talk with him either way." She motioned with her hand as she turned away from Ree'Van. "You think he is going to trust us after you threw up a Watchtower which had been destroyed for so many years and we both finally come out of the woodwork after so long?" She sighed heavily.

"If I were him, I wouldn't have shown up in the first place." Nothing could be said. Batman had to be convinced somehow that they could be trusted. She started off with a slow jog towards the airlock of the Watchtower and quickly went into a sprint, hitting the release as she passed by the doors. With a woosh of air and a quick jolt, she was off. She floated effortlessly in space for a moment, looking back at the closing doors of the JLA Watchtower and then the dark side of the moon.

She would find him.

In the only place he could be found at night.

Gotham City.

Nichalus

Post by Nichalus »

"The fact that he 'did' show up, is the important thing Kaley. We extended our hand, it's up to him to take it...when he is ready." Ree'Van stated as she walked away. "A man like Batman, even this new one, you don't rush, or push him, to make a decision quickly...."

Ree'Van sighed heavily, and rubbed his hand on his face. "I wonder if Kal'El had this much trouble with Kara?" He said to the empty room.

Launching himself into the air, and leaving the Tower, he followed her down to the planet, keeping several miles between them.

Kal'El told me that everyone needs to make their own path, even if that path is a treacherous one. I have to allow them to make those choices, even if they go against my wishes. Be supportive, but also mindful to protect them if their choice goes bad. Ree'Van thought to himself as he silently glided through the atmosphere.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

“He’s...leaving.” Spectacular said. She had the best eyesight out of the group and she’d picked up on Superman’s movements when he’d left the Watchtower.

“Feather, confirm.” Fury said.

Gabrielle Myers nodded and closed her eyes. The mutant who was one of the stronger telepaths and telekinetics in the world, reached out, and picked up on Superman’s presence and the fact that it was his mind that was traveling down to earth. She didn’t read the thoughts or delve into his mind, Fury hadn’t given her orders to and Gabrielle followed her orders. All she was doing was making sure that the human looking object that had now entered the atmosphere was indeed human. Or Kryptonian, but to her there wasn’t much different when it came to brain waves.

“Confirmed.” She said.

“Son of bitch.” Fury said and looked at the rest of the group. “Well this was fun.” He said. He looked at the woman who had been piloting the craft up there, the current field leader of the team, Katherine Ansley, also known as Frostbite. “Call Francis, I want a sit rep on what’s going on around the globe right now.”

It didn’t take long. Everything came back normal. That is, there were no new developments since they had left the New York area. Fury collected his thoughts and then sighed. “Get us out of here and back to the base.” He said. “If the world’s leading organization on controlling and maintaining the peace isn’t important enough for this new Superman, then he’s not important enough for us.”

Nichalus

Post by Nichalus »

--Excuse me...Director Fury?-- A Triangular shaped droid, with a round circular dome with two red glowing eyes for a head, came up to the Director and his entourage. --My Creator asks you forgive his sudden exit, a pressing ...family...matter arose that he needed to attend to. While this is a terrible breach in protocol, he has stated that I am to start the tour of the facilities for you and your group, and that he will be back in a matter of moments.--

--He has stated that you are to have full access to all sections of the Watchtower. As you can see, there are only the Service Droids on the Tower at this time. Although, we do have another guest that is currently in the Tower, whom just arrived a short time ago. The Creator was most pleased that the new Green Lantern has agreed to extend his stay with us. I believe that he has gone to the Training Room.--

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Fury's mind was already at work. New Green Lantern? He filed that away as it was information that he was going to look into later. Intelligence was the key to winning any war. Well, intelligence and supplies. The first part was what Fury specialized in. He worked his magic wherever he went, and here was no exception. He asked the pertinent questions as they took the tour, all the while, waiting for the man who had invited him and his team here in the first place.

OOC: Not too much, but it keeps it moving.
Everyone knows "Pops and Junior = #Ratings"
Everyone knows "Cazzik and Mir = #Wynning"
#Valkob4Life

Your Reigning, Defending EFL Champion
2x EFL Champion (2014, 2017)

Nichalus

Post by Nichalus »

As if on cue, Ree-Van came flying over the walls of the Monitor Womb, and slowly settled down to the floor in front of Fury. As sheepish smile on his lips. "I apologize Director Fury, there was an a matter that I had to look into. I hope that you will excuse my tardiness."

"As you can see, this is the Monitor Womb." He says as he gestures around the area that is filled with several large monitors, various console stations line the walls, and in the middle of the room is a large holo-station which at the moment is projecting a slowly rotating holographic image of the Earth.

"When I was reconstructing the Tower, I was actually using the blueprints of the original Tower that my predecesor kept locked away in the Fortress of Solitude. We still have the various wings of the Tower, Meta, Tech and Magic wings. The Hangar, Training facilities and living areas are also here as well."

"So Director, I'm sure you have other things that you want to ask."

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Fury smiled. Alright, they were going to play this game for a while. "The original JLA Watchtower was financed by Wayne Enterprises and it took a large amount of money to build. Obviously you did not have to build this station from scratch, especially if you followed the blueprints of the old one. So a big question is, who bankrolled this and where did you get the technology from?" He asked. "Wayne Enterprises is a supplied to S.H.I.E.L.D., they're one of our biggest contracts. I'm not seeing any WayneTech logos on your equipment." He said.