What do YOU want from the WoH Coordinator?

An interactive forum that focuses on DC and Marvel like superheroes...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus, WoH Coordinators

User avatar
Nichalus
Posts: 3476
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 1:34 pm
Location: Nearing the Retirement Home
Contact:

What do YOU want from the WoH Coordinator?

Post by Nichalus » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:16 am

This thread is a 'discussion' thread, as we try to understand what you, the members of this particular forum, want from your WoH Coordinator.

What do you want your Coordinator to be capable of, what his duties will entail, and what you believe his/her Coordinator powers should be?
:obiwan: The 'Old Man' of the Exodus

EFFL Champion (2013-2016) First Two-Time Exodus Champion

User avatar
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE
Posts: 18592
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:43 pm

Re: What do YOU want from the WoH Coordinator?

Post by Mir » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:54 am

This is from the original explanation of what the WoH Coordinator can and can't do:
Balsa wrote:Knowing that Halcyon is now the WoH Forum Coordinator, we've taken to clarify what his duties include. Sorry it took so long to get this up:
The World of Heroes (WoH) Coordinator primary responsibility is to assist in the running of the WoH forums, specifically the locking, sticky-ing, editing, and deleting of threads and posts within the WoH forums, with the intent of smoothing the forum's operation. In addition, the WoH Coordinator has the authority to settle disputes concerning WoH matters, while the Moderators reserve the right to overrule any decisions. These privileges are limited only to the WoH forums. The WoH Coordinator does not have the ability to issue formal warnings or otherwise perform moderating duties, even within the confines of the WoH forums.
Here's my personal thoughts on it:

If there is a way to edit what the coordinator can and can't do, then I feel as though the power to delete a thread or post should be taken away. The ability to lock, sticky, and edit is fine, the coordinator would need that in order to properly manage the Claims list. Deleting threads and posts should be reserved for the Moderator team.

When it comes to settling disputes, I feel as though the WoH Coordinator should have that ability, but at the same time, needs to inform all 3 of the Moderators of the current dispute and what is being done before that person settles the dispute. That way there is no need to go above the Coordinators head and there is no need for the moderator team to have to intervene, because they would know what is going on prior and could tell the Coordinator that they're overruling themselves.

Otherwise the WoH Coordinator shouldn't have the ability to settle disputes. And if that's the case, then those people who have complaints should still go to the WoH Coordinator first and then that person can go to the moderator team and show what's going on. Because I assume that the Coordinator would speak to both parties and can then present the situation with collated statements from both sides to the moderators.
Everyone knows "Pops and Junior = #Ratings"
Everyone knows "Cazzik and Mir = #Wynning"
#Valkob4Life

Your Reigning, Defending EFL Champion
2x EFL Champion (2014, 2017)

User avatar
Cadden
Mand'alor
Posts: 13791
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2003 11:41 pm
Location: Galaxy Bouncing
Contact:

Re: What do YOU want from the WoH Coordinator?

Post by Cadden » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:06 pm

Well put. I found it kinda odd when it was announced that the WoH Coordinator position would be maintained, but sans the ability to lock, sticky, edit, and... well... coordinate. I kinda came to the conclusion of, "Then what's the point?"

Just keep the core functions of the Coordinator and kick out deleting threads and posts, like Mir said, and we're golden.
You have a right to remain silent... I hope to God you use it.
Xanamiar wrote:Cadden is a comical genius.

User avatar
Cazzik
Dark Lord of the Grill
Posts: 1834
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2004 8:41 am
Location: Looking At Mir Through Crosshairs

Re: What do YOU want from the WoH Coordinator?

Post by Cazzik » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:43 pm

I agree with Mir and Cadden. Mir's revised duties for the coordinator are acceptable in my opinion.
"I'd like to nominate Cazzik for the Sexiest Man on Earth 2010." --Balsa

User avatar
Foxx
Secret Squirrel
Posts: 754
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:18 pm
Location: Queens, New York City

Re: What do YOU want from the WoH Coordinator?

Post by Foxx » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:09 am

I, too, agree with Mir's proposal. My contribution would be to add on that the Coordinator could see the Mod's forum or whatever you guys use and could just post any issues directly there. But I can also definitely see why that wouldn't be something that others would be in favor of. :D

Thanks for listening!

User avatar
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE
Posts: 18592
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:43 pm

Re: What do YOU want from the WoH Coordinator?

Post by Mir » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:17 am

Yeah I don't know if the Coordinator being able to see the Moderator's section would be good with everyone.
Everyone knows "Pops and Junior = #Ratings"
Everyone knows "Cazzik and Mir = #Wynning"
#Valkob4Life

Your Reigning, Defending EFL Champion
2x EFL Champion (2014, 2017)

User avatar
Nichalus
Posts: 3476
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 1:34 pm
Location: Nearing the Retirement Home
Contact:

Re: What do YOU want from the WoH Coordinator?

Post by Nichalus » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:07 pm

I can guarentee that the ability to see the Mod Forum would be out of the question. Not a slight to Mirr in the least, and please don't take it that way.

I like Mirr's idea, and I think that we..or I should say 'you all' ...are happy with that, then so be it.

Now comes the subject of.....'The Lists'

The subject needs to be talked about.

I 'personally', and a few of the Mods and Admins, are confused about this 'list'. To us, and they can correct me if I mispeak for them...with everyone claiming all the popular characters, it severely limits other members...whom may want to give the WoH Forum a try. Especially those characters that people have claimed, but really do not RP with them at all.

I personally believe that the lists should be culled down to 10 per member...that is just 'my' opinion.
:obiwan: The 'Old Man' of the Exodus

EFFL Champion (2013-2016) First Two-Time Exodus Champion

User avatar
Ghost
This Space Available
Posts: 2453
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:55 am
Contact:

Re: What do YOU want from the WoH Coordinator?

Post by Ghost » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:23 pm

I don't believe you can specifically narrow it down to a number without a mass reset and causing some chaos.

Now, let's look at something, Adam and Mir have the biggest lists because of families.

*nods* I believe that the Mods/Admins essentially do "alot" of stuff that I don't agree with, does it mean people should give up "alot" of characters which are generally open if people would just ask?

No.

*shrugs* Alot of people do stuff I don't agree with and sometimes do. I speak my mind. Makes it fun. Keeps things original. Makes sense, no? Probably not.



These aren't placeholders and it surely isn't the MBT. People don't do WoH like some have in the MBT where they essentially grab up a Faction, Position or something and post a few times, go idle and poof, return at their leisure and repeat.

This is realistically where Mir types for days into something.

Where Cazzik puts alot of effort into Iron Man.

So forth and so on.

Do I think the Batman, Iron Man and Spider-Man families should be protected? Yes. Should they be left to those individuals? Like a canon group in the MBT. You ask, you recieve, they control to a degree. *shrugs* Why should we take away their hard work they have -actively- been putting forth the effort?

Now, take that for what it's worth but I believe and also I think should mean something considering I literally have ----------zero---------- "Major" characters in the World of Heroes, and have yet to complain.

I did speak to Mir about Harley Quinn and have started playing her but froze once all this crap started.

User avatar
Ghost
This Space Available
Posts: 2453
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:55 am
Contact:

Re: What do YOU want from the WoH Coordinator?

Post by Ghost » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:24 pm

Also on a side note, I don't think the Coordinator should see the forum. Might create drama.

*shrugs* Just a note.

User avatar
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE
Posts: 18592
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:43 pm

Re: What do YOU want from the WoH Coordinator?

Post by Mir » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:32 pm

I don't take it as a slight, trust me, Nich. :D

Personally I'm against this, mainly because I already actively RP well over 10 Copy Characters right now. I mean, I can understand if it others are against this, but I already go well over 10 and I have concrete plans for the rest. Plans that I'm actually putting into play. I'm open to giving people characters and giving up characters, I did that once this whole thing started, but reducing to just 10? That I can't agree with, I'm sorry.

Also, and I think this statement may get some blowback in my direction, but this decision, and the opinions are given on it, should only come from active people currently in the WoH. They're the only ones who are affected by this and furthermore, it goes back to what I've stated in the past, about people not asking for characters and then "complaining" and others who spoke to people and went from there.
Everyone knows "Pops and Junior = #Ratings"
Everyone knows "Cazzik and Mir = #Wynning"
#Valkob4Life

Your Reigning, Defending EFL Champion
2x EFL Champion (2014, 2017)

User avatar
Ghost
This Space Available
Posts: 2453
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:55 am
Contact:

Re: What do YOU want from the WoH Coordinator?

Post by Ghost » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:53 pm

I agree with Mir.

If people complain, where are they? Why are they complaining? Why can't we see it to help them?

Maybe we want to help?

You know, in the Army, we told Soldiers and were taught as NCOs to solve stuff at the lowest level. Why do Mods have to get involved?

If an individual wishes to join WoH and sees that, let's say Batman isn't played enough! Bad example but regardless, an example none the less.

Said person wants Batman, Mir has him claimed, they ask Mir, Mir says "Ok"

Where is the difficulty?

It's cause people are either:

A. Not complaining.

B. Complaining and aren't active in WoH.

C. Mir isn't intimidating by any means so, C is negated.

D. Why is this a discussion again?

User avatar
Foxx
Secret Squirrel
Posts: 754
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:18 pm
Location: Queens, New York City

Re: What do YOU want from the WoH Coordinator?

Post by Foxx » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:55 pm

For what it's worth, I agree with Mir and Ghost.

I've been working on all of my people since I got them. I'm still new to this site, in my opinion, and I joined mainly because of the WoH. Beorht has been great in helping me find a place in the MBT, and I definitely appreciate everything he's done for me. Mir promised to help me with the WoH and he has. He helped me go to Cadden & ask for Mister X. He helped me go to Jedi_Kit_Fitsu & ask for Nightcrawler. Both were willing to give me those characters & now I have a nice thread with Nightcrawler, and he's fully involved in Mir's things & it's part of the community, at least to me. :oops: I never understood what the fuss was all about with the lists, because it seems to me that people are willing to work with you and help you. Another example is Kytross, who gave me/shared with me Wonder Man. There's nothing wrong with list length. I don't like to speak negatively, but I feel there's something wrong with the perception that everyone's hoarding them, because I don't see that, at all. I gave three instances right now that involved three separate people, so it's not like there aren't RPers out there who help others.

Let me count my copy characters though. I have 21 right now. Because I'm still new to the WoH, I could drop my list down, but I don't see why I should have to. I'm proof that people new to WoH can join. I've been apart of this wonderful place for 6 months and I'm active in the WoH. But I wouldn't dream of asking people who have been working on their characters and their storylines for years to cut back their lists unless they want to. That's unfair to them and unfair to the work that they've put in. In summary, I don't think that there should be a number cap on people's lists.

Thanks for listening!! :D

User avatar
Cadden
Mand'alor
Posts: 13791
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2003 11:41 pm
Location: Galaxy Bouncing
Contact:

Re: What do YOU want from the WoH Coordinator?

Post by Cadden » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:00 pm

I will admit to being one of those that don't RP enough... or much... okay, at all, lately!

I don't do it intentionally. I got my reasons. Adam knows them... I think Mir does to an extent as well. But they're there.

I've tried. I'm still trying. But right now, I've taken my main priority to stuff IRL. I had some stuff brainstorming up to start out my chars while I wait on other things to roll, but that's all been put on hold in favor of RL.

Either way, when I brought up the issue that the long lists might be a hindrance to newcomers to the WoH, it seemed as though it was a mere opinion. Which I'm not afraid to admit to being wrong if things turn out that I am. Whether my thoughts, and the mods'/admins' thoughts, on the matter are true or not, I dunno. I can't really say. Not enough evidence to say one way or another. And, tbh, with all I have planned for my chars, it would be quite the stretch to do it with a smaller list than what I already own. Mine's one of the smaller lists, and I know I wouldn't want to see it cut down even further because people see the big lists and want to put a set cap on everything.

Most of my characters are connected to each other in some fashion or another, and many of them have very large stories to be said. (I admit that Wolverine's is mostly my fault, I actually came up with a good way to write around it but I'd have to dig it up after RL gets straightened out.) And so, of my 18 claims (11 if you stick with Marvel and DC copies), which includes generic groups, I would have to slash 8 of them (if all are to be counted)? Naw. I wouldn't go for that. And sure, I'm probably the one to not talk, but here I am.

The only real way to determine if the character lists are a hindrance to joining the WoH is to get peoples' opinions on it. And the best way for that? Enlist Ynoj to do one of his polls. :P

But seriously, a poll that would easily tally up how people feel about the character lists and their ability to join WoH because (or not because) of them is the only real way to figure this out for good. But it seems like a pretty moot point at this stage, so I fail to see why it'd be even necessary.
You have a right to remain silent... I hope to God you use it.
Xanamiar wrote:Cadden is a comical genius.

User avatar
Nichalus
Posts: 3476
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 1:34 pm
Location: Nearing the Retirement Home
Contact:

Re: What do YOU want from the WoH Coordinator?

Post by Nichalus » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:55 pm

Look Ghost, no one is saying or even asking for a 'reset', lets not get that 'big brain' of yours worked up. No one is threatening to take away Mirr, or Cadd or anyones works. This is a discussion, nothing more, nothing less.

I have 'zero' characters, minor or major on the WoH. I am literally an outsider, looking in. All the major and minor characters are 'claimed' by someone. And a vast majority of those characters are 'not' being used, with the exception of course of the 'very' popular characters. An outsider would very well make an assumption that if the character is 'claimed' then they shouldn't ask, or in some cases people may not want to ask, for the sole reason that they do not want to be beholden to the person who has claimed them. Either way, that is just a couple of many things an outsider could be thinking.
People don't do WoH like some have in the MBT where they essentially grab up a Faction, Position or something and post a few times, go idle and poof, return at their leisure and repeat.
I see what you did there. Leave it alone.

You know, in the Army, we told Soldiers and were taught as NCOs to solve stuff at the lowest level. Why do Mods have to get involved?
This isn't the Army, far from it. And if it was, when the Commanding Officer becomes involved it is because it is brought to him/her because obviously the NCO's couldn't fix it. Nuff said...

In truth, and I believe I can speak for the other Mods and Admins on this....We 'want' you all to discuss all these aspects among yourselves, get things the way 'you all' want them to be. The WoH forum is 'different' from the other forums here, since it is relatively a small and select group of members that are interested in this.

We want you all to work TOGETHER, and flesh out these details so that we DON'T have to get involved again. Because, the next time....you will only have yourselves to blame. The only thing that we, the Mods/Admins, are doing here is to facilitate the means to an end, and to fix a problem that obviously was brought to our attention. We 'fixed' the problem, now it is up to 'you'...the active members of this forum...to work together to see that it doesn't happen again. Hence why myself and the other Mods are even involved in this situation and basically forcing you all to openly discuss what 'you' all want, get it in writing, and solidify it in hard rules.

I think I answered all your ABC questions with all that Ghost.
:obiwan: The 'Old Man' of the Exodus

EFFL Champion (2013-2016) First Two-Time Exodus Champion

User avatar
Ghost
This Space Available
Posts: 2453
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:55 am
Contact:

Re: What do YOU want from the WoH Coordinator?

Post by Ghost » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:44 am

Now, Now..Let's not go anywhere with that big brain comment, could be considered offending. ;)
Look Ghost, no one is saying or even asking for a 'reset', lets not get that 'big brain' of yours worked up. No one is threatening to take away Mirr, or Cadd or anyones works. This is a discussion, nothing more, nothing less.
I never stated such. I mentioned merely I don't think it should be "Moderated" by any means to where clearly active characters are taken away. Now, not saying if someone is being obnoxious about the fact, they shouldn't be knocked off their golden chair. But I don't see either of those happening(Being knocked off or them being obnoxious)
I have 'zero' characters, minor or major on the WoH. I am literally an outsider, looking in. All the major and minor characters are 'claimed' by someone. And a vast majority of those characters are 'not' being used, with the exception of course of the 'very' popular characters. An outsider would very well make an assumption that if the character is 'claimed' then they shouldn't ask, or in some cases people may not want to ask, for the sole reason that they do not want to be beholden to the person who has claimed them. Either way, that is just a couple of many things an outsider could be thinking.
I was once an outsider, brought in by Mir. I developed a story by asking both Mir and Adam questions. I eventually made it to where the Witchblade was integrated into a predominant Marvel/DC environment. Worked out fine for me. You can't "assume" anything in Exodus. Your point of view isn't unjust by any means and can be seen as understandable, but what is the problem in someone asking?

People might go "Hey, what about....?"
People don't do WoH like some have in the MBT where they essentially grab up a Faction, Position or something and post a few times, go idle and poof, return at their leisure and repeat.
I see what you did there. Leave it alone.
Really? I could say take it for what it's worth but truth speaks for itself. I honestly found betrayal in rationality and "doing the right thing".
This isn't the Army, far from it. And if it was, when the Commanding Officer becomes involved it is because it is brought to him/her because obviously the NCO's couldn't fix it. Nuff said...
Never said it was. I made a clear example how Moderators/Administrators shouldn't have to micromanage everything. An adjustment to the system. There are reasons for Faction Coordinators but even they can't do their jobs to a degree because of "complaints" or other things. Why can't the players handle the business themselves and when we need you, we call you? And keep in mind this situation did require interference but I'm speaking on behalf of the list of characters.
We want you all to work TOGETHER, and flesh out these details so that we DON'T have to get involved again. Because, the next time....you will only have yourselves to blame. The only thing that we, the Mods/Admins, are doing here is to facilitate the means to an end, and to fix a problem that obviously was brought to our attention. We 'fixed' the problem, now it is up to 'you'...the active members of this forum...to work together to see that it doesn't happen again. Hence why myself and the other Mods are even involved in this situation and basically forcing you all to openly discuss what 'you' all want, get it in writing, and solidify it in hard rules.
There were faults in WoH because of reasons I won't elaborate on much less care to entertain. Those will change. We will take responsibility for ourselves just like I take responsibility for anything and everything I have ever said in the past, present and in the future cause I have nothing to fear nor hide. So, it is what it is.

Also, Cadden, people lose motivation, happens to the best of us.

*shrugs* It'll come back. :twisted:

User avatar
peayitforward
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 5:10 pm
Contact:

Re: What do YOU want from the WoH Coordinator?

Post by peayitforward » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:44 am

I do not agree that the lists should have some arbitrary number put on them and that there should be a rule that people can not claim more than that. To me that really stops people from being creative and really trying to write and put forward a good story. I feel as though the rules regarding lists should remain the same as they are and that there shouldn't be any rules about no longer having families. It's worked for a long period of time from what I understand. More importantly, I still don't see the problem because people are able to ask for things. If the person says no, they say no. I don't understand this huge big problem that there appears to be. I don't know. People are weird.
My family puts the FUN in Dysfunctional!
"You declare War?! I Accept!"~ Crow

User avatar
Cadden
Mand'alor
Posts: 13791
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2003 11:41 pm
Location: Galaxy Bouncing
Contact:

Re: What do YOU want from the WoH Coordinator?

Post by Cadden » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:45 am

It's not motivation, it's time management. :P

Well, and other things....

I've actually been looking back into where to sit down and start writing. Sith Brotherhood stuff is waiting for Arcanix to finish 'fore it moves on... which leaves me with the Mandos, my Crimson Guard, and Jerik's Sith. So I figure I'd start there. I actually started with Jerik's Sith a while back, but I accidentally killed the post I was working on, and whenever that happens, I stop caring for a while. :P

But back on topic. Umm... I got nothing right now. :)
You have a right to remain silent... I hope to God you use it.
Xanamiar wrote:Cadden is a comical genius.

User avatar
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE
Posts: 18592
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:43 pm

Re: What do YOU want from the WoH Coordinator?

Post by Mir » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:54 am

peayitforward wrote:More importantly, I still don't see the problem because people are able to ask for things. If the person says no, they say no. I don't understand this huge big problem that there appears to be. I don't know. People are weird.
This brings up an interesting point for me personally. Mainly because we don't have this problem in the MBT. If someone wants to make a character in the BSC or Muir or some other indie and are told no, that's it. The creator of the government or organization has the claim on it and has the ability to tell the person no. That person doesn't have the ability to go the mods and complain that the person isn't being fair and isn't letting them play. If they don't want to do it, there is nothing that forces them to do so. Furthermore, there is nothing in the rules that forces people who have canon organizations to do that either, with the exception of the Big Two and the Big Two Force Groups (JO and SE). Why is there a supposed outcry for that here in the WoH? That's not fair at all. And you can't tell me that it's because there aren't things available to claim.

JohnL claimed the TF. He has friends who claimed the Banking Clan and are in the process of claiming another canon company. Foxx, some time ago, got approval and claimed Koensayr and the Jensaarai.

And there are far more characters in the DC and Marvel universes. None of the organizations that those people above claimed are Big Names with the exception of the Trade Federation.

It's instituting, at least to me, a double standard.
Everyone knows "Pops and Junior = #Ratings"
Everyone knows "Cazzik and Mir = #Wynning"
#Valkob4Life

Your Reigning, Defending EFL Champion
2x EFL Champion (2014, 2017)

User avatar
Ghost
This Space Available
Posts: 2453
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:55 am
Contact:

Re: What do YOU want from the WoH Coordinator?

Post by Ghost » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:44 am

@Mir, I agree. That statement is complete and utter truth.

Speaking of which and off-subject..Can I make the Confederation of Independent Systems? :)

User avatar
Jagtai
The Adminerator
Posts: 9759
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 4:33 am
Location: The Old World
Contact:

Re: What do YOU want from the WoH Coordinator?

Post by Jagtai » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:34 am

Mirrodin2nd wrote:This brings up an interesting point for me personally. Mainly because we don't have this problem in the MBT. If someone wants to make a character in the BSC or Muir or some other indie and are told no, that's it. The creator of the government or organization has the claim on it and has the ability to tell the person no. That person doesn't have the ability to go the mods and complain that the person isn't being fair and isn't letting them play. If they don't want to do it, there is nothing that forces them to do so. Furthermore, there is nothing in the rules that forces people who have canon organizations to do that either, with the exception of the Big Two and the Big Two Force Groups (JO and SE). Why is there a supposed outcry for that here in the WoH? That's not fair at all. And you can't tell me that it's because there aren't things available to claim.
That argument is flawed, because you made up Muir and I made up the BSC; they are OUR intellectual property. On the other hand, the Batman Family / Rogues Gallery can never be your intellectual property, because you basically ripped it off from the creators. Yes, you've changed names and relationships, but it's still BATMAN.

(That said, I agree that canon organizations should be more accessible to everyone than they are now. For instance, I don't care if people rp buying a HKD product - I just like that they care to use "my" products).
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." - Bilbo Baggins
From madness comes wisdom, and from wisdom comes power.
"I'm convinced you're secretly a British Spy" - Mir

My characters

User avatar
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE
Posts: 18592
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:43 pm

Re: What do YOU want from the WoH Coordinator?

Post by Mir » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:39 am

Yes, but under the current rules Jag, it says nothing about what happens for a Canon organization that is not considered large enough to have a Faction Coordinator listed in the initial grouping of the Empire, the NR, the JO, and the SE. It just says consult the leader of the Minor Government.

Also, now that I really read the rules, technically speaking according to how they're written you and I could be removed as Faction Coordinators from the BSC and Muir respectively by the Mod/Admin team. There's nothing that states that non-canon governments and organizations are exempt from that first rule.
Everyone knows "Pops and Junior = #Ratings"
Everyone knows "Cazzik and Mir = #Wynning"
#Valkob4Life

Your Reigning, Defending EFL Champion
2x EFL Champion (2014, 2017)

User avatar
Jagtai
The Adminerator
Posts: 9759
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 4:33 am
Location: The Old World
Contact:

Re: What do YOU want from the WoH Coordinator?

Post by Jagtai » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:48 am

Mirrodin2nd wrote:Also, now that I really read the rules, technically speaking according to how they're written you and I could be removed as Faction Coordinators from the BSC and Muir respectively by the Mod/Admin team. There's nothing that states that non-canon governments and organizations are exempt from that first rule.
They're sure as hell welcome to try :twisted:

Word of the rules or not, the spirit of the rules gives full control of non-canon groups to the creators. The Mods/Admins have no control over those groups apart from the usual "no, not gonna fly" control.

And your argument is still flawed :P
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." - Bilbo Baggins
From madness comes wisdom, and from wisdom comes power.
"I'm convinced you're secretly a British Spy" - Mir

My characters

User avatar
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE
Posts: 18592
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:43 pm

Re: What do YOU want from the WoH Coordinator?

Post by Mir » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:55 am

Actually it isn't.

There isn't anything that actually says that someone who "creates" a canon organization *has* to let someone into their organization. It says that, yes, but for major factions. And then it says that if the FC and the member can't come to a consensus, then a moderator gets involved. It doesn't say anything about minor factions. So for example, if someone wants to join the Hapan government, Tal is within rights to say no. What determines a Major faction?

So, if you're not going to force someone to *have* to work with everyone when it comes to all canon organizations be it a government, a cartel, a company, or whatever, why would you force that on someone in the WoH? My point of this is that if someone is on someone's list, then they control that person. If they say no, then they say no. Especially when it's someone or something that they've been working on for a while.
Everyone knows "Pops and Junior = #Ratings"
Everyone knows "Cazzik and Mir = #Wynning"
#Valkob4Life

Your Reigning, Defending EFL Champion
2x EFL Champion (2014, 2017)

User avatar
Nichalus
Posts: 3476
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 1:34 pm
Location: Nearing the Retirement Home
Contact:

Re: What do YOU want from the WoH Coordinator?

Post by Nichalus » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:15 pm

You guys are getting off the subject. We are NOT talking about the MBT...which is an entirely different can of worms.

You guys don't want to have a limit on characters? Fine.

See how simple that was?

But, there is another part of this little mini forum that was created here, and the Mods/Admins involvement in all this.

The Mods/Admins of the 'entire' forum have a duty to make sure that the peace is kept, and members complaints are heard and discussed. That includes the WoH forum as well. That means ALL complaints, from ALL members of this site.

The example that I will use, is the situation that arose in this very forum.

A member came to us, made a complaint. Obviously the sides involved in this dispute could not come to terms, and the Ex-Coordinator...after listening to testimony from other members...was indeed seen as abusing his abilities, exaggeration of facts, and making arbitary changes to rules without a majority consultation with the other members involved. We consulted, we ruled on the situation, and now we are allowing you all to fix it, so that ALL members involved can move on with an agreement that you can live with.

YOU all brought this to our attention, YOU all MADE us get involved.

With that said....I believe that I can safely say that Mirrodin, you are now officially the WoH Coordinator. Since the nomination period has past, and no other person was nominated, you win by default.

I believe that most everyone agreed that the WoH Coordinator should have the ability to lock, edit and sticky threads...I will need the Drunk Viking (Jag) to see if that is possible. And that the core abilities to handle disputes and such should remain the same.

So, Mirrodin, congratulations. My suggestion is for you to draw up the WoH Coordinator rules, put them before the members of this forum, and allow for discussion, changes and then a vote by ONLY the active members of this forum to approve them.

Lastly, if you guys don't want our involvement, then 'everyone' needs to learn to work together, discuss all things where everyone can get along. Otherwise....well, you already saw the 'otherwise'.
:obiwan: The 'Old Man' of the Exodus

EFFL Champion (2013-2016) First Two-Time Exodus Champion

User avatar
Cadden
Mand'alor
Posts: 13791
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2003 11:41 pm
Location: Galaxy Bouncing
Contact:

Re: What do YOU want from the WoH Coordinator?

Post by Cadden » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:26 pm

I'd just like to point out how silly this is all becoming.

MGs. The golden rule holds over all else. Therefore, no MG is in any way being threatened to be eliminated. Ever. Unless, you know, it becomes inactive and the boards care enough. Which usually both circumstances never happen at the same time. I've always been rather open about people joining in on my stuff, and doing what they'd like, so long as I'm in the loop and consulted first (as I need to make sure that something they ask me about doesn't conflict with my personal character stories). Otherwise, yer free to go to town. I do put restrictions on certain elements of my stuff, such as certain Mandal* properties, and the beskar that I require people to approach me directly about if they want any, but that goes beyond simple ownership reasons.

In the end: Does it matter? Hardly. This is a roleplaying community. It's all made up, all virtual. If someone here cares that much about it... perhaps you ought to go and find yerself a constructive hobby. Or destructive one, if that's your thing. So what if Korriban is destroyed by the Death Star. Should it have been done? No, but it happened. Life goes on. So what if the WSC was completely annihilated by the Xen'Chi. Vox came back to that, had a short "WTF?" moment (I think?) then went, "Oh, well, now I can focus on more important stuff, anyway."

This is all just plain silly. People get worked up over the smallest things. Myself included, every once in a while, but once I calm down I realize what I'm doing and stop. No, we don't need something that says, "Hey, you can only have X amount of WoH characters!" 'Cause, you know what? There's no proof that character lists are deterring peoples' ambitions to join WoH. It might deter one or two, but the whole lot? Maybe, maybe not. But you can't just assume that. When I mentioned it earlier, I left it at theory. I've yet to be proven right, but also yet to be proven wrong.

And rules and limitations on factions? Seriously? What is this, we're making an OOC UN for IC works, now? (Wow, that's a lot of acronyms in one sentence.) Frankly, I'm of the mindset that, if someone wants to join in on something, the owner should let that person do so, but only because the owner ought to be happy that someone's taking an interest in their stuff, and allowing it to happen as a way of thanking the person. Heaven forbid that someone brings fresh ideas to an old table!

But does that mean that the owner has to? Well, aside from the major governments, no. I think it's silly that the owner wouldn't allow someone to join up on their endeavors... but that's me.

So yeah. At the risk of overusing a word... this is all just plain silly.

Side note: I never asked the mods to get involved. ;) Just another thing that's plain silly, when the community can't agree on something as simple as this, and so calls in mom and dad to to help them decide.
You have a right to remain silent... I hope to God you use it.
Xanamiar wrote:Cadden is a comical genius.

User avatar
Nichalus
Posts: 3476
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 1:34 pm
Location: Nearing the Retirement Home
Contact:

Re: What do YOU want from the WoH Coordinator?

Post by Nichalus » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:37 pm

Side note: I never asked the mods to get involved. Just another thing that's plain silly, when the community can't agree on something as simple as this, and so calls in mom and dad to to help them decide.
Trust me Cadd, we didn't want to get involved. I think I can safely say that.

But when you kids don't play nice...*smirk*

Now, go to your room...no cake for you tonight. :mrgreen:
:obiwan: The 'Old Man' of the Exodus

EFFL Champion (2013-2016) First Two-Time Exodus Champion

User avatar
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE
Posts: 18592
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:43 pm

Re: What do YOU want from the WoH Coordinator?

Post by Mir » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:40 pm

None of us made the mods get involved in anything. There was no choice. It was either roll over and set a precedent that the WoH Coordinator can do whatever they want if they say that they have Moderator approval OR involve the moderators. The moderators were involved because one person who was supposed to follow the rules and enforce the rules, broke the rules.

You're putting the blame of this on US, the WoH Community and frankly that's not fair at all. What brought you guys into this wasn't a dispute between members. Yes, there was a dispute, but that dispute didn't bring you in. It was that the WoH Coordiantor acted in a bad manner. And more importantly, when that ONE person went to the moderators in the action that would eventually kickstart all of this, one moderator admitted that they weren't really paying attention and might have glanced it over and just okayed it, one moderator has stated that he never received the proposal from the WoH Coordinator, and the last moderator never said what happened in regards to how the WoH Coordinator got his approval.

That was the one person who was supposed to settle disputes in a logical manner. That one person didn't go to the other member involved in the dispute and talk to that person. As a matter of fact, the other party in the dispute has made it abundantly aware that they didn't even know that there was a dispute in the first place. So don't blame this on the members of the WoH Forum. Blame it on the person who failed to act in a manner befitting their role.

Cadden hits it home. The person with should help the person without, but there should be nothing that forces the person with to do so.

Thank you, Nich, I accept the responsibilities of WoH Coordinator. I'll put together a proposal for the Coordiantor position which is going to look eerily like what I have up above :D and I'll set up a vote in this forum.

Edit: I didn't want to have to get you guys involved either, but there was no other choice.
Everyone knows "Pops and Junior = #Ratings"
Everyone knows "Cazzik and Mir = #Wynning"
#Valkob4Life

Your Reigning, Defending EFL Champion
2x EFL Champion (2014, 2017)

User avatar
Jagtai
The Adminerator
Posts: 9759
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 4:33 am
Location: The Old World
Contact:

Re: What do YOU want from the WoH Coordinator?

Post by Jagtai » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:44 pm

Nichalus wrote:I believe that most everyone agreed that the WoH Coordinator should have the ability to lock, edit and sticky threads...I will need the Drunk Viking (Jag) to see if that is possible. And that the core abilities to handle disputes and such should remain the same.
Already done :)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." - Bilbo Baggins
From madness comes wisdom, and from wisdom comes power.
"I'm convinced you're secretly a British Spy" - Mir

My characters

User avatar
Nichalus
Posts: 3476
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 1:34 pm
Location: Nearing the Retirement Home
Contact:

Re: What do YOU want from the WoH Coordinator?

Post by Nichalus » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:50 pm

Jagtai wrote:
Nichalus wrote:I believe that most everyone agreed that the WoH Coordinator should have the ability to lock, edit and sticky threads...I will need the Drunk Viking (Jag) to see if that is possible. And that the core abilities to handle disputes and such should remain the same.
Already done :)
Must have had your keg of Grog today to get you to work that fast. :mrgreen:
:obiwan: The 'Old Man' of the Exodus

EFFL Champion (2013-2016) First Two-Time Exodus Champion

User avatar
Cadden
Mand'alor
Posts: 13791
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2003 11:41 pm
Location: Galaxy Bouncing
Contact:

Re: What do YOU want from the WoH Coordinator?

Post by Cadden » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:51 pm

Nichalus wrote:Now, go to your room...no cake for you tonight. :mrgreen:
Meh. I got cake in me room! *Prances away giggling at the idea of eating his own cake*
You have a right to remain silent... I hope to God you use it.
Xanamiar wrote:Cadden is a comical genius.

User avatar
Jagtai
The Adminerator
Posts: 9759
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 4:33 am
Location: The Old World
Contact:

Re: What do YOU want from the WoH Coordinator?

Post by Jagtai » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:57 pm

Nichalus wrote:
Jagtai wrote:
Nichalus wrote:I believe that most everyone agreed that the WoH Coordinator should have the ability to lock, edit and sticky threads...I will need the Drunk Viking (Jag) to see if that is possible. And that the core abilities to handle disputes and such should remain the same.
Already done :)
Must have had your keg of Grog today to get you to work that fast. :mrgreen:
Nope, I just had my weekly massacre of Christians - I feel so refreshed :mrgreen:
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." - Bilbo Baggins
From madness comes wisdom, and from wisdom comes power.
"I'm convinced you're secretly a British Spy" - Mir

My characters

User avatar
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE
Posts: 18592
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:43 pm

Re: What do YOU want from the WoH Coordinator?

Post by Mir » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:39 pm

Everyone knows "Pops and Junior = #Ratings"
Everyone knows "Cazzik and Mir = #Wynning"
#Valkob4Life

Your Reigning, Defending EFL Champion
2x EFL Champion (2014, 2017)

User avatar
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE
Posts: 18592
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:43 pm

Re: What do YOU want from the WoH Coordinator?

Post by Mir » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:50 pm

With the series of proposals that have been put forward, I'm going to unsticky this thread. However, if anyone feels as though this should still be stickied, please say so. I'm not going to unsticky it until Friday.
Everyone knows "Pops and Junior = #Ratings"
Everyone knows "Cazzik and Mir = #Wynning"
#Valkob4Life

Your Reigning, Defending EFL Champion
2x EFL Champion (2014, 2017)

User avatar
Foxx
Secret Squirrel
Posts: 754
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:18 pm
Location: Queens, New York City

Re: What do YOU want from the WoH Coordinator?

Post by Foxx » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:11 pm

It seems okay to me. :D

User avatar
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE
Posts: 18592
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:43 pm

Re: What do YOU want from the WoH Coordinator?

Post by Mir » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:09 am

No one said otherwise and it's now sunday. :D
Everyone knows "Pops and Junior = #Ratings"
Everyone knows "Cazzik and Mir = #Wynning"
#Valkob4Life

Your Reigning, Defending EFL Champion
2x EFL Champion (2014, 2017)

User avatar
Ghost
This Space Available
Posts: 2453
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:55 am
Contact:

Re: What do YOU want from the WoH Coordinator?

Post by Ghost » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:13 pm

Can we delete the WoH Coordinators title in our thread and just put Mir's name?

It would make sense to me as there is 1 Coordinator and not several.

:mrgreen:

User avatar
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE
Posts: 18592
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:43 pm

Re: What do YOU want from the WoH Coordinator?

Post by Mir » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:26 pm

Say a what now?
Everyone knows "Pops and Junior = #Ratings"
Everyone knows "Cazzik and Mir = #Wynning"
#Valkob4Life

Your Reigning, Defending EFL Champion
2x EFL Champion (2014, 2017)

User avatar
Cadden
Mand'alor
Posts: 13791
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2003 11:41 pm
Location: Galaxy Bouncing
Contact:

Re: What do YOU want from the WoH Coordinator?

Post by Cadden » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:25 pm

No. Mir needs to feel special, and this is the only way we can accomplish that. ;)
You have a right to remain silent... I hope to God you use it.
Xanamiar wrote:Cadden is a comical genius.

User avatar
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE
Posts: 18592
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:43 pm

Re: What do YOU want from the WoH Coordinator?

Post by Mir » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:25 pm

lol sure thing.
Everyone knows "Pops and Junior = #Ratings"
Everyone knows "Cazzik and Mir = #Wynning"
#Valkob4Life

Your Reigning, Defending EFL Champion
2x EFL Champion (2014, 2017)

User avatar
Ghost
This Space Available
Posts: 2453
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:55 am
Contact:

Re: What do YOU want from the WoH Coordinator?

Post by Ghost » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:40 pm

@Mir.

It says the Moderators names, it should say your name and not "WoH Corrdinators"

@Cadden

I'm confused.

Locked