Stolen Fate

A free-form writing forum set in the Star Wars Universe...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Puck

Stolen Fate

Post by nehima »

WARNING: This thread may contain violence, foul language, or a fair number of other offensive things.

The stacked boxes and assorted platforms made a labyrinth out of the slim side alley. Denizens of the apartments around really didn’t care; it generally kept traffic from coming around their back doors. Traffic on Ord Mantell was not generally a good thing, it usually also involved a fair amount of money, blood, and almost anything illegal one could possibly think of.

A sudden movement would have caught the eyes of anyone looking to the alley, though no one was. Bright blue skin was shining in the pale twilight as a Twi’lek girl vaulted over a downtrodden fence and raced down the alley, treating the rubbish as an obstacle course. She landed quietly on the pavement and looked for her pursuers. One slim hand held a blaster, ready for use at any second, but for the first time in hours, she didn’t have to use it. The Remnant’s assassins had gotten lost.

“Pissing off the Remnant is all fun and games until somebody’s ship gets impounded,” intoned Rion, the human bartender, in a tone that was nearly as patronizing as it was annoying.

Iri ignored him, or at least attempted to. It was actually one of her better attempts, considering she managed to control the urge to see how large a wrench she could fit down his throat. “Shut up,” she said icily. The loss of her ship had been one thing, her close escape another- Rion being a jerk about it was just the last straw.

“A few of the mercenaries around are bored out of their minds- my recommendation would be Agen,” he said calmly, his head moving slightly in the direction of a man in the corner.

Though around half of Iri’s mind was still occupied with strings of curses about a mile long, she nodded a quick thanks to Rion. The bartender had an innate sense for what people needed, when he wasn’t spouting annoying commentary.

It was almost impossible to see the man Rion had pointed towards, but not because of any problem of distance. No, it was the bodies of three Twi’lek girls that blocked her view, hanging around his table for their many different purposes. Iri was not in the least pleased, but she sat still, watching how the man handled his situation and comparing his strengths and her needs.
The one and only Stoban

Post by VagueDurin »

Agen took another sip from the mug in his hand. It wasn't the best drink the Zeltron mercanary had ever had, but it was by far better than some he'd had. He ran a hand back through his dark red hair as his cool gray eyes flashed over the very scantily clothed Twi'leks occupying the area just around his table.

Any other day the fun loving gun for hire would love to chat the ladies up, but credits were in short supply at the moment, and he was here to find some work, not to have a good time.

"Listen Trix, I'm telling you, I'm not interested today." He said as he slid the pouch of Trixies latest illeagal substance. "Maybe later this week." He told her.

"Are you sure sweetie, this is high grade shit."

"I'm sure, now get going before I turn you in or something." He half ordered, half joked towards her with a slight smirk on his face.

"I suppose, Listen, If you get lonely tonigh..."

"Yeah, I know who to call Trix. Take care of yourself, ok?"

"Always." The Twi'lek replied with a beaming grin before the trio bounced their way out of the bar.

Agen shook his head, slightly amused, before he turned to look around the Cantina, shifting a bit in his seat, his armor jingling a bit as me got comfortable...
Puck

Post by nehima »

Iri's need for her ship was only growing every minute, and she didn't want to waste time now that her key to it was free. She'd decided that he might actually be worth her time- she could tell he was properly outfitted, and he needed money.

Having finished her drink some time ago, she left the glass on the counter for Rion and meandered over to the table. It was always worthwhile to see who was currently inhabiting the bar, and besides, going straight towards her target would be a sure way to up the price, for then it was obvious that they were the one person to do the job.

So she took her time, step after calculated step, until she came to his table.

"It looks like you weren't too lucky with the girls tonight," she said conversationally. "Money problems?"
The one and only Stoban

Post by VagueDurin »

Agen raised an eyebrow as he looked over the bright blue skinned Twi'lek that had just approached his table. He motioned with one crimson skinned hand to the opposite side of the booth, and favored her with a bit of a smirk.

"I suppose I'd have to have money to have a problem with it." He spoke, slowly. "Agen Aador." he introduced himself.
Puck

Post by nehima »

"I have a proposition for you. If I offered the opportunity for you to once again have money, drug and girl problems, would you care to help me with a little bit of moving?"

"What sort of moving?" he asked, now genuinely interested.

"Getting a freighter out of the Remnant impound," she replied, watching his expression intently.

"Are you mad?" he asked, joking slightly.

"You have no idea how many times I've been asked that in my lifetime," she replied evasively.

"How many 'problems' would I get for this?" he asked.

"2000," she said. "No wheeling, no dealing. Take it or leave it."
The one and only Stoban

Post by VagueDurin »

"Take it or leave it." Agen echoed from the other side of the booth. "Hear that alot." He said thoughtfully.

Leaning back a bit in the booth, he glanced around slightly. Rion, the bartender, caught his gaze and gave him a bit of a nod. Agen ran his hand up and down the jagged scar that ran down the edge of his right jawline.

"I'll help you get your ship back, and I'll do it for 2 large... on one condition."

Iri's facial expression started to go sour and he saw her shoulder muscles tense slightly as she prepared to move, so he continued before she had a chance to move. "You buy me a drink when we get back."
Puck

Post by nehima »

"On one condition," said Agen. Iri's jaw clenched, and she tensed slightly. She'd heard this before, and was perfectly knowledgable about what that one condition would probably be. "You buy me a drink when we get back," he continued, before she moved.

Iri's frown disappeared, only to be replaced with a jaunty grin. Normally, the one condition was far less appealing and far more specific. With this one, though, she could buy him some fruit juice at the market and still be within the terms of the deal.

"Fair enough," she said. "I'm Iri Yuy, by the way," she continued offhandly, remembering that she hadn't introduced herself.
The one and only Stoban

Post by VagueDurin »

Agen nodded one more. The Zeltron glanced around breifly once more, then looked back towards Iri. "If you don't mind me asking, what exactly did you do to get your ship impounded?" He asked.
Puck

Post by nehima »

The cerulean-skinned Twi'lek put on her most innocent, pained face. "Me? I didn't do anything."

In truth, Iri just didn't feel in the least like explaining. Part of her price was that she'd say little or nothing about her anything on any of her runs, and with many of her employers, that was an important point. She had no intention of telling this man anything that could cause her many employers to have less than innate trust in Iri.

Agen just laughed heartily and asked if Iri had everything she needed. Iri simply nodded, her lekku swinging slightly as she did so. He slapped a coin onto the table and beckoned for Iri to follow him through the motely crowd of dancers and out the back door, towards the docking bays.
The one and only Stoban

Post by VagueDurin »

Agen and Iri took a small detour, taking time to stop by the hotel room Agen was currently renting. Agen grabbed up what gear he felt he would be needing, and then the pair contined on towards the area of the city where Iri's ship was being held.

It wasn't long before they found themselves perched atop of a building a few hundred yards away from the Remnant outpost, watching on through electro binocs.

Agen turned to look over at Iri and regaurded her for a few moments before he spoke. "You're sure you want to come along?" He asked again. "This isn't going to be easy."
Puck

Post by nehima »

There was absolutely no way Iri wasn't going, and she bristled with anger at Agen's mention of the idea. It probably wouldn't be helpful to tell him that she'd been seriously considering doing things alone, and that she had the capabilities to maybe pull it off. But she'd gone with safety, and now she was regretting it.

She chose to ignore him, and surveyed the bay in front of her. The wind was blowing, and it carried with it some of the pollution that had come to inhabit the planet's dying atmosphere. Iri's eyes were burning, but she blinked a few times and looked through the binoculars. Two stormtroopers were loitering in front of the Deep Six, and five more were in the general area of the main entrance. She knew that there were probably many, many more onboard and scattered throughout the area in places that she couldn't see.

Quickly forming a plan in her head, Iri felt the need to give one last little test.

"If you want to get out of this, do so now. I won't hold anything against you," she stated, checking both her blasters and the ship's remote, which she held. The remote wouldn't allow her to move her ship- that required a few specific codes, including one that the Remnant was bound to have changed- but it allowed her to perform a complete lockdown of all the systems or a self-destruct mechanism with only her personal code. Iri silently prayed she wouldn't have to use the latter.
The one and only Stoban

Post by VagueDurin »

Agen glanced over at her again. "I don't think so." He said with a cocky smirk. His gray eyes were sparkling with excitment. "Wouldn't miss some good ole destruction and mayhem like this." he continued.

Looking back into the binocs again, he finished checking his weapons and gear. "Ready when you are." He spoke, tucking the binocs in the bag at his side.
Puck

Post by nehima »

Iri looked over at Agen with a slightly more respect, shifted her feet slightly and jumped down to the nearest trash bin. She didn't stop there, but bounded to the ground and landed neatly. She heard Agen behind her making his own way down, and continued through the alleys to the side gate of the Remnant Impound. It wasn't visible from the main yard, being blocked off by a wall, and the electrical field was of an old sort, only conducted through the metal of the gate.

Reaching down to her tool belt, Iri brought out a carbon-coated metal cylinder smaller than her finger. Pressing the activator, which was keyed in to her DNA, she deftley hung it on the gate, being careful to avoid the wires until it was fully in place. That done, however, she simply pressed on the gate, which opened easily now that the electricity that ran through it and controlled its locking mechanism was no longer present.

"Nice trick," whispered Agen behind her.

"I try," she responded dryly. In a normal situation, she could have talked for hours about the engineering she'd put into the cylinder so that it could shortcircut at will, and compare it to other versions of the same thing she'd taken ideas from. Now she just walked into the yard, carefully avoiding the laser eyes and fluctuating force fields that were the Remnant's true defenses, and stopped at the wall. Normally, there were quite a few options besides brute force, but these blokes knew Iri personally. The solution to that, Iri thought wryly as she slipped her blasters out of their holsters, is to put them in such a state where they don't remember anymore.
The one and only Stoban

Post by VagueDurin »

Quite impressed by Iri's intrusion skills, Agen found himself forced to look at her in a new light. No longer could he see a pretty face on a sly smuggler, but a competent and skilled young woman, wise for her years.

The red skinned Zeltron drew his pair of deathhammer heavy pistols, making sure that the safeties were indeed in the off selection, and they both had full charges. Agen pulled his helmet on and secured it to the rest of his armor, and nodded slowly to Iri.

He moved off the wall they were leaning on and ducked into the corridor beyond. His helmets visual sensors detecting no immediate threats, he waved her along behind him as he Lead the way down the long corridor.
The one and only Stoban

Post by VagueDurin »

Iri slipped quietly behind the Zeltron, then moved silently ahead of him. She knew this area well, having broken in far more times than was healthy for anyone.

Agen fell into step behind her as they moved out into the hangar. He took a moment to look around the area, which consisted mainly of Iri's ship, but off in the corners and along the walls various containers and canisters were stacked up. Not much in the way of decent cover... he thought to himself as he glanced over at Iri.

There was only tarmac here, but coming behind her ship as they were, they were still shielded from view until the guards moved. Taking advantage of this, she swept quietly over a few feet to a point where she could see several troopers, and nodded once more to Agen.

Agen took a deep breath after she nodded, and slowly reached down to his utility belt and pulled an item off of it. He held it up long enough for her to recognize it, then cocked his right arm back, his left held in front of him as he counted down from three with his fingers. At one, the mercenary flung the flash-bang towards the concentration of gaurds, and then sheilded his eyes as the grenade detonated, a bright flash of light and a disorientating bang ensued, and after a split second had passed, he dove into action.

Rolling over one shoulder, he re-drew his blaster pistols and immediatly opened fire on the completely bewildered troops.

Iri didn't immediately race into the smokey mass of troops. Instead, she took quick, precise shots at the many troops coming to the assist, bringing all but one of her targets down on her first shot. She soon found herself edging towards where Agen fought as the troops came nearer.

Agen breifly considered looking for cover, then thought better of it. From the way the troops were attacking, it wouldn't do him good for long. The armored Zeltron paused firing, taking a few steps back to take advantage of Iri's shots, and watched to see where the troopers were coming from. Rapidly holstering his heavy pistols, he pulled the double-barrled blaster rifle out and aimed it towards the set of blast doors on the far end of the hangar. A few seconds later, he sent out a grenade from the under-slung launcher, watching it explode inside the corridore, throwing bodies and rubble everywhere. It wouldn't stop them, but at least it would slow them down...

Finally, as one entered close enough, she took him down with a quick kick to the knee and shifted her position slightly, since she now had to allow for both hand-to-hand and blaster combat.

Agen took a few more shots at the troopers with the rifle, but soon the range was getting too close, and he put the rifle back, pulling his Zhaboka out of its sheath and quickly assembling the double bladed fighting pike. With a quick glance towards Iri, he ran forward a few steps, a single trooper charging up to him as he did so.

Agen, his face a grim scowl, swung the double bladed weapon up and to an angle, immeidatly severing the troopers helmeted head from his body before he set his body into a fighting stance, and looked for his next target.
Puck

Post by nehima »

[Second part of battle/double post]
The blasters had gone back into her holsters seconds ago.

Iri grabbed the arm now at her throat and threw the guard over her back into another. She barely had time to send a spinning kick another gaurd's way before more set upon her. She ducked out from between two coming from her left and right, leaving them to inflict pain on themselves in a rather comic way.

Agen paused in battle just long enough to check on Iri and to see how she was fairing, however, before he managed to turn around and resume fighting, he felt the but of a rifle impact into his back. His armor absorbed most of the impact, but he was still propelled forward and down to his knee's.

Shaking his head to regain concentration, Agen turned to look up towards the stormtrooper, he found himself staring into the barrel of the troopers rifle. Agen immediatly froze, knowing full and well no matter how fast he drew a blaster, the trooper would vaporize his head...

Iri, however, had already drawn her blaster since her screams of warning to Agen were inaudible over the din. She aimed carefully and fired, praying to any nearby gods that her shot was on target. The chance to see whether it was or not was beyond her, though, as the butt of a rifle struck across her abdomen painfully. Turning to the new threat, she swept her leg up in a high kick that met his jaw.

When she saw the face, though, she knew the fight was over. It was one of the Remnant's assassins, and she would be lucky if this was the only one here. Hoping that Agen could still hear her, she called to him with what remained of her voice, using the signal they'd set up for retreat.

Agen let out the breath that he'd been painfully aware of holding, and quickly flipped up to his feet. Another three troops fell victom to his double bladed weapon before he finally heard Iri screaming their code phrase. He didn't think twice... If something had gotten her concerned enough to call off the mission and abandon her own ship, he didn't want to pause to contemplate.

He quickly sheathed his blade and whipped out his blaster rifle, glancing over at Iri momentarily before he turned back to the Imperials. He set the gun to fire dual blasts, and opened fire. As the pair rapidly retreated, Agen tapped Iri on the shoulder and nodded towards a set of blast doors to their right. He squeezed off another couple bursts, then launched another grenade as they ducked through.
Puck

Post by nehima »

[OOC: I'm not really going to be on tomorrow, or at least not if I have any homework to speak of... so I'm continuing things a bit while I can]

Iri sprinted through the wreckage of blast doors, a smile growing on her face as she saw what waited behind them. An Assault shuttle, with its ramp down- it was perfect. There were a few assorted technicians, but the majority of the population seemed to be droids of various non-combat classes.

Ignoring the pain in her side as she did so, Iri raised her blasters once more and took out the only two technicians close enough to affect her in any way. The others were all far enough down the long bay that they were of no real consequence, so long as she and Agen got out quickly.

Agen ran past her, his time holding the blast doors clear over. She followed him up the ramp and settled herself in the copilot's seat. Taking hold of the guns, she took out the other ships around them one by one- she did not wish to be pursued. Agen, meanwhile, busied himself readying the ship for flight.
The one and only Stoban

Post by VagueDurin »

Agen didn't pay too much attention to Iri in the copilots chair as he fired up the power generator and started to run through the mandatory pre-flight checklist... That was until the young Twi'lek took hold of the ships laser turrets and began blasting the rest of the security hanger into so much molten slag.

The Zeltron Mercenary glanced over in her direction and raised an eyebrow, though she couldn't see it since he still had his helmet on. It certainly made sense to get rid of the vehicles, but he found himself somewhat suprised at how fast she had realized this fact and taken action.

Shaking the thoughts out of his head, he finished up his pre-flight and fired up the ships sublight drives. It slowly, gently rose up a few meters, and he swung it around in a slow spiral, looking for a way out. And then he found it. Slowing the ships turn, he pointed the bow towards a large transperisteel veiwport, and pointed his finger towards it as he looked over at Iri.

"Make us an exit, if you would be so kind." he spoke in a sly tone.

Iri smiled wryly and touched the controls lightly, swinging them around and blasting away a hole easily big enough for the transport.

Agen too, smiled, and throttled up. The ship rocketed out of the remnants outpost and Agen immediatly kicked in the main drives and slingshoted for the atmoshpere. With just a cursory glance at the ships sensors, he confimed what he already knew was coming. A small 8 ship grouping of Tie Fighters had scrambled from their local garrison and were now giving chase to the stolen ship.

"Looks like that drink you owe me's gonna hafta wait, sweetheart." Agen said quickly as he powered up their sheild generator and pushed to coax just a bit more speed out of the Assault Shuttle.

They broke through the Atmoshpere and into the cold vaccuum of space just about the same time as the Tie's laser blasts began to fill up the void around them.

Agen turned slightly away from the veiwport as he hard a set of sharp whistles and bleeps. He raised an eyebrow at the lone R2 astromech unit that had been hardwired into the shio near the rear of the cockpit. In their haste to get out of the impound, the two hadn't even seen the little guy back there.

A blast superheated the particles just to the port of the shuttle, causing it to tremor slightly, bringing Agen back to the controls and conducting evasive maneuvers as they high tailed it towards the end of the planets mass shadow before they could escape into hyperspace.

Agen flipped a switch on the control panel, and Iri's gun controls suddenly went dead. "Putting the guns on auto for awhile." He told her as she looked over at him curiously. "That Astromech back there is the only thing this ship has for a Navicomp, I need you to get it to plot us a course and get ready to engage the hyperdrive." He told her as he split his concentration as much as he dared between conversing and piloting.
Puck

Post by nehima »

[More double-post-ness]

Iri looked thoughtfully at the droid for the moment, then turned back to the keyboard and worked on changing its programming a bit through its link to the ship. She took special care to take out the parts that required the droid to give an automatic report back to the base every twelve hours, then quickly ordered it to plot them a safe course.

"Are we ready for hyperspace?" asked Agen, sounding more than a little flustered.

"Aye aye, Cap'n," said Iri coyly as she slid the ship into hyperspace. Looking down at the viewscreen again, she brought the R2's programming back into view and started scrutinizing it carefully.

Agen took a deep breath as they made the jump to hyperspace, glad to be out from under the cross hairs of those hungry Tie fighters. Taking a moment to check the ships systems, he glanced over at Iri once he was satisfied that the ship was ok. "Whatch'ya lookin at?" He asked curiously from the pilot’s seat.

"The programming of our little buddy back there," responded Iri, absentmindedly gesturing back towards the droid. "See this?" she continued, pointing to a blob of code on the screen. "They've kept him on old formatting, poor guy. This must be slowing him down horribly."

Agen smirked. "Another skill of yours?" he asked as he watched her slice through the imperial remnants coding.

“It's too easy to be considered a skill," she said simply as she dissected the code, splitting apart what she wanted to keep and trashing the rest.

Agen laughed slightly. Too easy? "Well it may be easy for you, but all those little numbers and letters are a mystery to me." He spoke, leaning back in his seat. "I'll stick to blowing things up."

"That's fun too," admitted Iri, who'd finished her quick reprogramming of the droid. "Tell me if he does anything weird, ok?" she said as she walked back into the cargo area to explore the rest of the ship.

Agen nodded. "You bet." He said to her retreating form as she headed towards the back of the ship. As she walked away, he found himself looking her over quickly before he caught himself and shook his head quickly.

He unbuckled from the pilot’s seat and removed the helmet from his head, taking his first breath of fresh air since they started their mission. He finished removing the rest of his armor, and then slouched into the pilots chair once again, wearing his usual white tee shirt and jungle camouflage cargo pants. Propping his feet up on the control panel, he interlocked his fingers behind his head and gently closed his eyes in thought.

After a few minutes of looking, Iri found what she was looking for. The ship was ill-equipped for passengers, and was lacking in any real medical equipment, but there were some old-fashioned bandages. Iri grabbed a roll and sat down stiffly on an empty box in the cargo bay. Pulling up her shirt, she winced slightly as it caught on the side of her chest, then pulled it up a little farther, conscious of the reopened wound. Holding her shirt up, she looked carefully at her side and swore quietly. The man's rifle had struck her hard enough that the metal strands in her shirt had pierced the skin.

Taking a deep breath, Iri wrapped the bandage tenderly around the wound, making sure it covered the whole thing. She fastened it with a small pin and pulled her shirt down, noting happy that it just covered the bandage. There was no need to show someone how weak she really was. She moved her torso slightly to the left and right, checking that the bandage was secure, and gasped quietly- now that it had been irritated again, it was quite painful.

Iri stowed the medical kit- or the little of it that there was- back in its place and headed back into the cargo bay. Moving some of the boxes, she lay down to take a bit of a nap, putting her arms behind her head. She fell asleep almost immediately, and didn't think to notice how her shirt had moved up just the slightest bit- just enough to show the tiniest bit of cream-colored bandage that glowed against her blue skin.

Eyes slowly opening, Agen looked around the cockpit of the shuttle becoming slightly concerned when he didn't find Iri anywhere around. It took him a few moments to realize that he'd fallen asleep for an indeterminable amount of time, and took him another few moments to remember that Iri had made her way to the back of the ship to explore the cargo area beyond. Yawning, the Zeltron ran a hand back through his dark red hair, then slowly levered himself out of the chair, and began to stroll slowly back towards the rest of the ship.

Agen entered the cargo bay a few moments later, and paused just inside the entry way to gaze at the beautiful young Twi'lek lying peacefully on top of the crates. He almost turned and left her alone, but for some reason, he didn't. Instead he walked closer, searching around the room a moment before he found a heavy woven blanket.

He was about to lay the blanket gently over top of her when he noticed the bandage wrapped around her midsection. Very gently he lifted the bottom of her shirt up slightly to peak at the bandage, then moved it back into place. She hadn't mentioned it, so he wasn't about to intrude. Laying the blanket over top of her, the Zeltron smiled slightly at her serene expression before he trekked back to the cockpit.
Puck

Post by nehima »

[Just trying to get the thread going again... and I just picked a random destination, tell me if it's ok]

Iri woke shortly, and looked in slight surprise at the blanket now draped around her form. She quickly decided it was probably best not to ask, but that it was good to know that this particular mercenary hadn't chosen to kill her, and headed back into the cabin.

There she found Agen sleeping peacefully, his shock of red hair and skin contrasting with the black pilot's seat he was reclining in.

Like a baby, she thought, grinning wryly. Checking the ship's viewscreen, she saw that it would still be a few hours before they reached Ord Mantell. Lowering herself quietly down into the copilot's seat, she flipped open one of the many pouches on her belt and brought out a small orb of food, which she tossed into her mouth as she sat back and watched the stars blur by.
The one and only Stoban

short, but having a lack of creative energy tonight ;)

Post by VagueDurin »

Agen slowly awoke for the second time, he looked around breifly before noticing Iri in the co-pilots seat next to him. He flashed her a quick smile before glancing at the ships controls. They were still about an hour away from their destination. Nodding slightly to himself, he turned back to look over at Iri, his eyes drifting down to her side where he knew a bandage was hidden beneath her shirt before he corrected himself and looked back up into her eyes.

"Sleep well?" he asked her softly.
Puck

Post by nehima »

"Like a log," she replied helpfully. "And when we get down I want to comb the outside of the ship."

"Trackers are definitely likely," replied Agen thoughtfully.

"Yeah," she replied, and looked a little thoughtful. "Would you care to take a long vacation on, say... the Preserve? It would be something interesting to do, at least, while we got all our supplies ready in one of the larger cities."

Agen looked at her, raising his eyebrow, and Iri continued, "I think it would be more than a little amusing to toss whatever trackers we have in a protected swamp."
The one and only Stoban

Post by VagueDurin »

Agen smirked. "Sounds like as good a plan as any." He replied with a grin. "Would you happen to know anyone planetside?" he asked. He knew a few eyes and ears, but he had learned long ago never to overlook any option, and it was entirely likely that Iri had contacts of her own.
Puck

Post by nehima »

"There's such a thing as smuggler/vagabond confidentiality, Agen. I can't just tell you anything," said Iri, a wry smile on her face. It was actually true, in a way- most of her contacts trusted her, but only because they had worked with her for years. Besides, she intended to use a few of them to do a few more checks on Agen, since it seemed she'd be spending more time with him than she'd anticipated.
The one and only Stoban

Post by VagueDurin »

Agen nodded. "Completely understood." He said. His answer would have been more or less the same. He paused for a few moments before turning and looking over at her. "So who will they be sending after us?" He asked pointedly, playin gon the hunch that her battle with the Empire was more personal than she'd let on so far.
Puck

Post by nehima »

"They'll be sending assassins, most likely," replied Iri thoughtfully. "We're too small to waste a cruiser or detachment on, and it's hard for them to predict where we'll be. Easier to stick with payment and wait till they have their ship and our heads," she finished without a trace of emotion.
Puck

Post by nehima »

[OOC: Again, just trying to inject a tad more life into this thread]

"So how many times have they chased you down? How high's the bounty now?" Agen asked quietly.

Iri looked at him coldly. "Oh yes, let's tell the nice man just how much he can make by killing us," she said, her voice falsely sweet. "Why don't you just try to do me in now, when there's no one to see? Or are you scared that I just might have a little trick up my sleeve? I'd say you could have been sad enough to fall in love, but you wouldn't- you've got plenty of fresh meat down there, with women that love you and your pretty face."

"Frankly," Agen said truthfully, "I'm not sure why I don't kill you. It wouldn't hurt me much, and I'd probably get quite a bounty. But people with that big a bounty- we're special, you see? And I'm in need of a mechanic anyway."

"As long as I don't have to handle public affairs, I'm fine. And no, I won't be helping you with your private affairs either."

"And here I was so hopeful."

"Ha, ha, ha," drawled Iri. "So how long is it until our lovely little ship touches ground and I can go eat?"

"I've never known a girl whose first thought of a new place was of food."

"You've never known me, either. It's a chance for you to meet both," Iri replied as they swiveled back around in their chairs to begin the landing procedures.
The one and only Stoban

Post by VagueDurin »

Agen finished his negotiations with the docking attendant, and turned back around to look at the Assault Shuttle parked in the large hanger. He regarded it closley, slowly walking towards it and glancing at the various carbon scored hull plates from its most recent battle.

"Say, Sweetheart?" He called from the ground up towards the top of the ship. "Are we almost through here, theres a lovely resteraunte down the street thats just calling our name." He finished, a large smirk smeered across his dark red skinned face.
Puck

Post by nehima »

"Don't call me sweetheart," Iri replied automatically, then laughed lightly as she continued, "And we're not quite done yet, anyway- there's one more embedded in the shielding here, and I need to take a quick jaunt over to a nice place to dispose of them. Just save a table and order me something, ok?"

"Whatever," said Agen, walking out of the hangar swiftly. He was clearly intent on finding some food. As was Iri, but she wanted to finish this up first.

When she finished extricating the last tracker from the ship, she jumped down, landing softly. She left the hangar and locked up before heading down the street a ways, looking for her target.

It didn't take long for her to find one, here in a lovely hive of scum. There was the tanker, loaded with the tons of waste the area produced. Aiming quickly, she tossed the trackers one by one into the bin, which was on its way towards a new district.

Go find your trackers, she said silently to the Remnant assassins. Once you do, you should be where you belong- in a dump.

When Iri sauntered into the restaurant, she found Agen at a table in the back. There were several plates of food scattered about, and an empty one with which she was to serve herself. Iri watched with amusement as Agen's eyes grew wide at the quickly disappearing pile on her plate.
The one and only Stoban

Post by VagueDurin »

Agen took another swig of the drink in front of him and popped another bite of food into his mouth, finishing off his plate, he leaned back a bit in the booth and watched Iri eat.

"So where'd you drop 'em?" He asked out of idle curiosity.
Puck

Post by nehima »

"Where they belonged," answered Iri wickedly.

A question was in Agen's eyes, and she continued, "In a dump truck headed out of town. I just wish I could get a look at their faces when they find it."

Agen laughed. "So where do we go from here?" he asked, as much to himself as to Iri.

"Far, far, away," was Iri's quick reply. "We need to leave the system at least temporarily, if not permanently. Preferably we can get a bit of work so we can make money on the way."
The one and only Stoban

Post by VagueDurin »

"I don't want to annoy you with all my questions, but you seem to be fairly familiar with the people coming after us... How long would you guess we have before we absolutely need to jump system?" He asked after a few moments.

He knew some people here, and he knew she did too. It was a fairly good bet that they could find some sort of a job here, but it all depended on how much time they had to waste.
Puck

Post by nehima »

"'Probly a few more hours- should be till morning at least. But we're too close, and the trackers are here," she said thoughtfully, standing up.

"Basically," he said, sounding a little bitter, "we don't have time to waste."

"No, we don't. But you still have tonight for entertainment," she said, and tossed him a card as she left. "There's some creds on there you can use. Don't push it, though."

"Where are you off to?" he asked, pocketing the card.

"Meeting a few old friends," she said evasively, and disappeared into the crowded street.
The one and only Stoban

Post by VagueDurin »

Agen sighed slightly as he watched Iri dissapear out the door. He couldn't blame her for not bringing him along... She had loyalties to her contacts, and he understood that. But with the Empires Assassins probably already on their way here, he would much have prefered to be there to help out should they find her...

Shruging his shoulders, the red skinned mercenary exited the resteraunt, and looked around. He considered tailing her for a moment, before thinking better of it. He didn't need to give her a reason not to trust him, and she'd probably find a way to lose him anyway.

Looking back and forth slowly, He finally decided that he'd pay an old freind of his a visit, too, and started off down the street in the opposite direction that Iri had dissapeared in.
Puck

Post by nehima »

[OOC: I'm going to need you to give me the basics of what the informant will find, I can do the same for you if you'd like. Also, I don’t care if Agen even has the same informer, but please don’t have him run into Iri until back on the ship.]

IC: Iri made a few switchbacks and finally found her way into a small, dingy bar. Smoke obscured the few lights, making it almost impossible to see- all the better. She slipped quietly into a back booth, where a dark-skinned man waited.

"Well, well, beautiful. Long time no see," he said, looking at her across the table. He was one of the few people who could get away with saying that to her, and he could only do it because he'd known her for so long that it was almost a pet name.

"I've been a little busy," she replied noncommittally. “You still working the web?” she asked, referring to the informer’s circles he traded in. She never knew why she always asked him, because the answer was always yes.

“That’s good. Listen, I’ve got a date tonight and I don’t want my daddy to worry,” she said, and he raised his eyes. Iri was good with informer’s code, and he now just needed the name…

“Who’s the lucky guy, beautiful?”

“Agen Aador. Zeltron kid,” she replied. “I’m meeting him in a couple hours,” she finished, knowing the quick timeline was gonna cost her.

“You wanna buy him a gift? I’ve got some nice stuff here for, oh, 300 creds.”

Damn prices, she thought, scowling slightly. “Sure,” she said out loud. “Where’s the stuff?”

“Warehouse 59,” he replied. “Take care of yourself, beautiful.”

“I do try,” she replied, leaving the dump and heading back out on the street. She loitered for a while, looking through a few of the junkyard shops. There were a few things in worthwhile condition, but the prices were outrageous and Iri didn’t feel like haggling. She finally dropped into a club by Warehouse 59 and took a spot at the bar. Pulling a small pinch out of her pocket, she set to work doing a few repairs- the thing had been stepped on by a Wookie the last time she used it.

“Want a drink, girlie?” asked a large man, coming up behind her. The smell of alcohol wafted off him, nearly making Iri gag. Trying to get the wiring in the pinch replaced, she chose to ignore his offer.

“Want a drink?” he asked again, putting a hand on her shoulder. Iri bristled with anger- she did not appreciate being touched.

“Can you say anything other than, "Want a drink?" Your mother must be so ashamed...” she said, still not taking her eyes off her work.

“Feisty, eh? I like that in a woman,” he continued.

“What is it, asshole hour?” she asked, slipping the pinch into her pocket and sliding off the bar stool.

The man took a second to realize what she intended to leave, then grabbed her around the waist and turned her to face him. Iri’s anger was acute now, and she was done with warnings. She kicked him hard in the crotch and rammed her forehead into his, unweaving herself from his arms as he fell. Someone turned to look, but Iri guessed it was a newcomer- all the others in the bar wouldn’t have cared if you killed someone there, as long as they didn’t have to pay to clean up.

“No more kiddies for you, bastard,” she whispered huskily as she deliberately stepped on the man on her way out the door.
Puck

Post by nehima »

Iri stalked off into the night, nursing a dark mood. She wandered around until she finally came back around to the side door of the warehouse, and found her man standing there. He watched her as she strode forward, and nodded for her to come inside.

“Your man has an interesting history,” he said, handing her a disk. “His parents were murdered by pirates when he was two. The murderers were never apprehended, and I noted that some sources said he could never accept this and it’s still an extremely volatile subject for him. A Zabrak salvaging craft found him, and they took him and raised him on Iridonia. Left when he was old enough, and has been sailing the skies ever since. Had a partner once, female Bothan. Hasn’t had one since she died. He’s got plenty of warrants out, for everything from theft to murder, and some bounties on his head, though nothing big.”

“Well, at least he’s trustworthy,” said Iri, amused. Most people would have gasped at the thought of sharing a ship with a murderer, but having offed a few people herself, Iri had found that at least you could trust the murderers to always finish the job.

Her man looked at her and shook his head before continuing, “Personality wise, I’d guess you know more than I. But he’s quite the party boy, and has experimented with several of the substances her carries, though he is apparently currently clean. He also has a history as a lover of loose women.”

Iri nodded. She could’ve guessed that one from the moment she’d first laid eyes on him. Passing the man a card with his credits, she slid the disk into a pouch on her belt and headed back to the ship. When she arrived there, she wasn’t particularly surprised to see that Agen was still missing. Locking up, for he had the key he needed when he came around, she went to the cargo bay and took a thin package out of her belt. Poking in a command, she grinned as it inflated into a cot large enough for her to sleep on. There was a bedroom, nearer the front of the ship, but Iri had a feeling Agen would be using that off and on. She grabbed a blanket and plopped herself down on the bed, falling asleep almost immediately.
The one and only Stoban

Post by VagueDurin »

Agen wandered the streets for awhile, not for any particular reason though. He didn't think for a second that Iri would try to follow him. He beleived that she had people to meet... No he just wandered the streets out of boredom, perhaps it was just habit. Wandering the streets was in fact how he had met Ariel...

Agen shook his head quickly to rid those thoughts before they started. He wasn't going to head down that road tonight.

The streets were crowded with all types of people, as one would expect from such a place. He knew almost all of them were here because they were hiding from someone... Some were probably here because they weren't allowed anywhere else... And there were a few that were here for the sole purpose of finding those that didn't want to be found.

Well, he may not have known why the Trandoshan with the twitching eye was here, but he did know why he was, and that was to gather information. So without any more of a delay, he made his way into the Hammerhead Bar and Grill.

Kindly placing his double barreled blaster rifle in the hands of the bouncer up front, he continued on into the establishment. Various sea creatures of ranging sizes and colors made up the fabulous decore, and ciggarra smoke and stiff drinks filled the room with a midly soothing odor.

Agen ordered himself an exotic concoction, and headed to the back of the establishment, where he slid into a booth opposite a portly Zabrak. The overweight fellow squinted in the dim light, then flashed a smirk Agen's way.

"Don't tell me you're here for another favor..."

Post by Etch_Coli »

I sincerely apologize for intruding on your thread nehima, but I couldnt find an ooc thread. I was wondering if you would be accepting some fresh blood. Thanx :p
Puck

Post by nehima »

OOC: I dunno, I suppose you might but I'm not sure. Depends on what Durin thinks, but I don't think you'd be able to be a partner. Maybe an antagonist gang leader or something, but probably not a partner. Is that alright? And there isn't an OOC thread, at least not yet. If there are more than two people, we might make one.

Oh, and Durin- do you want Iri's history so you can post what the informant says?
The one and only Stoban

Post by VagueDurin »

ooc:
Affirmative, could you e-mail them to me? vague_durin@yahoo.com
i was gonna try and catch you online but it just hasn't happened yet