Black Nova VI

Takes place immediately after the Battle of Yavin
Tales and stories set during the events of Episodes 4-6...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Gonesolo

Post by Gonesolo »

The powerful gunship was buffetted as laser fire scorched it's shields. Another X-wing fell to her powerful guns as a quintet of lasers impacted her rears shields.

"Looks like we've picked up a fan club!" snapped the pilot.

"There funeral!" smiled the gunner as the turret fast tracked to a rear face and the weapons immediatly followed.

Taking a quick glance at the two massive imperial ships she could see that both ships had completed their turns and were preparing to jump to light speed, thankfully the smaller Tie's had docked and the remaining fighters had their own hyperdrive units. They had formed a protective barrier around their parent ships and were preparing to jump out with them.

"Time to join the fleet!" she smiled as she swung the Orthos around a rebel fighter and arched towards the Theoi!
PrinceKirin
Lord of the Knights who say Nee

Post by PrinceKirin »

As the two imperial giants came about, the Revenge's spear head finally made it to an interception point. It was assumed by all crews that the imps were out going, but it wasn't worth the risk.

"Green leader to Nova 2, ties a heading back to their nest."

"Copy, Gold leader, whats that gun thing doing?"

"Itssssss withdrawing Nova 2."

"Nova 2 to all Green, Gold, and Blue groups, and to Revenge. Blue stay on the fighters as they withdraw to their ships. Green, Gold your with me, we are going to make a run on that interdicter before she tries to escape. Revenge, close run, keep those turbo lasers occupied and off our backs." Kirin ordered.

"Sounds like fun," replied the captain of the Revenge.

Blue group and the corvettes kept on the enemy fighters and the Orthose, chasing them until they entered their bays. Gold, Green, and Nova 2 flew in formation and began a run on the interdicter. The Revenge stayed with'em firing only on the turbo lasers forceing them to fire back or be destroyed. A combination of blasters, torpedoes, and turbo bolts from the rebel spear head dwindled the Inerdictors shields at a near speedy pace. Home One was coming up behind the spear head with 1 minute till interception of the Theoi herself.

ooc: You may have your safe exit, Kheiron.
"Yeah, and I stole an ISD. Doesn't mean you should. I am the lunitic around here." LT. CMDR. KIRIN A. TSUKINO
----------------------------------------
"What? Where in God's vast galaxy are you going to find a man crazy enough to even attempt to jump a moon into hyperspa.....where do I sign?"

FORGE ATOSURYUA, Promethian Engineering Guild, department of hyperspacial physics and temporal studies
Gonesolo

Post by Gonesolo »

Ariane looked out from the hanger of Home One, she watched as the Magnetize slipped into hyperspace closely followed by the Theoi. A few sporadic shots a laser fire indicated the location of a few fighters left behind by the retreating motherships but the skirmishes were short lived as the fighters quickly escaped to hyperspace themselves.

She watched for a few moments after she felt the Orthos leave the system and then slowly turned and joined the rest of the refugees as they huddled around the hangers and medi bay of Home One as she too prepared to leave the system.
Jedi Junkie

Post by Jedi Junkie »

By the look on sarns face, you would have thought he had won the enitre civil war by himself. A large,beaming smile was preasnt on his face as he watched the imperial ships retreat from the scene. He felt a type of undescrible joy from with in him as felt the tremors of joy and celebrtion through the force. He looked toward the fleeing shape of the home one as it prepared for it's jump out of the system and knew that this was one of the first victories he ever had since taking command of the squadron.

In the early days,back when Jack Hauler, black novas squadrons, orginal commander was still in charge. They had succuesful missions like this all the time. Until the day he died trying to save sarns life over Rori. Since the day he had took over as commander, things for the squadron had gone from bad to worse. But he kept on trying. He knew he had more experance with the unit since the first day he joined.

" Commander " He whispered " i hope I can bring more victories to the squadron and one day be a great commander like you." he says into the empty space around him before prepareing his own ship for hyperspace.
"What the heck do you mean Trilogy ?!
Trilogy my ASS !!"
~Ham Luca~ Star Bored

http://oosterwijk.keenspace.com/
http://p067.ezboard.com/bblacknovahideout
http://p101.ezboard.com/bstarwarsthechoaticeras
David_Winters
Foxtrot

Post by David_Winters »

Some unlucky TIE pilot who hadn't had time to make it back to the parent ships in time exploded as Winters' X-wing zipped by, spraying laser bolts at the craft. He banked to port, watching the Imperial ships break away from the engagement. He shook his head as Bullseye beeped and whirred, basically reading his mind.
"I know, Bullseye, these fights are getting way to close for comfort. Once again we made it out of a dogfight with no losses. How long can we keep it up?"
The droid fell silent, and Winters X-wing shifted to cruise mode, heading towards the rest of the squadron and the Home One.

"Nova Lead, this is 3, all clear around me. What's our status on evacuating the base?"
If you're going to do something, do it right. Or at least don't let the other side know you're cheating.
PrinceKirin

Post by PrinceKirin »

Kirin watched as the Interdictor jumped right from under him and the rest of the fighters making the run. Kirin grinned big with the thought of victory over the fleeing foes even though he knew they did what they came for.

Kirin visually scanner the area around seeing a couple stragling fighters being picked off. Then he spotted a dark object moving away which turned quickly as x-wings appeared in its path.

"Blue Leader to Nova 2, we have a little damaged fighter over here, a tie. It can't shoot and we are guiding it to Home One. With a little encouragement of course," as he said that a blaster bolt crossed the ties path as it tried to escape to port.

"Nova 2 to all fighters, excellent work! Good job Blue group on your pending capture. As soon as it boards home one, we are bugging out."

"Home One to all fighters, return to your ships immedietely. Blue Group, guide the tie along the port side, she will be tractor beamed in. Green group, you are instructed to board Home One and the Revenge where ever spaces are available. There will be a debreifing right after all have returned and we are out of hyperspace."

All the fighters acknowledged and went to there own ships, gold and parts of green to the Revenge and blue and the rest of Green to Home One. The fighter's capture was easy and the pilot was sent to the brig promptly. Something was wrong, or at least that is what Kirin sensed. He went to Home One landing right next to the captured fighter. Mechanics swarmed it trying to remove its memory core and what ever else they deamed valuble.

"Nova 2 to Nova 1, Sarn, I'm in bay 3 of Home One. How about we all gather here and go get a drink, I'm buying. This little victory is worth celebrating."
"Yeah, and I stole an ISD. Doesn't mean you should. I am the lunitic around here." LT. CMDR. KIRIN A. TSUKINO
"What? Where in God's vast galaxy are you going to find a man crazy enough to even attempt to jump a moon into hyperspa.....where do I sign?"

FORGE ATOSURYUA, Promethian Engineering Guild, department of hyperspacial physics and temporal studies
Gonesolo

Post by Gonesolo »

Ariane watched as the captured Tie was brought on board and the pilot was ushered off quietly toward the brig. As she watched Kirin's fighter entered the bay and touched down also.

"Nova 2 to Nova 1, Sarn, I'm in bay 3 of Home One. How about we all gather here and go get a drink, I'm buying. This little victory is worth celebrating." called Kirin into the com of his fighter as she closed the last few meters to his ship.

"Mind if I tag along?" she called to him with a suggestive wink.
PrinceKirin

Post by PrinceKirin »

Kirin hopped out of the cockpit pit with bag in hand while Echo was lowed to the deck. "Echo have my bag put with Ami's personal effects so it'll be safe till we are given quarters." Kirin said as he put the bag on Echo. He roled off with the bag, but not before Kirin pulled out his credits and his lightsaber, which he hid under his uniform jacket.

He stood strait up and cracked his back letting victory sink farthure in to him. He heard foot steps and glanced up meeting Ariane's eyes.

"Mind if I tag along?" she said with a wink.

Kirin smiled even more, "Sure, anytime." Of course, how could he say no?

Jedi Junkie

Post by Jedi Junkie »

Sarn sat alone in his room. Again buried under mounds of paper work for the upcoming operation. Though he did enjoy some satifaction knowing that in a few minuates he would meet his squadmates for a much needed celebration. " After months of running we finally sent the Empire packing...for the moment any way ". He thought to himself as he busily typed away at his computer. sarn was so engrossed with his work, that he didn't he notice his door opening. Allowing his droid kodachi to slip in quietly and roll up to his desk.

It waited for it's master attension for 8 minuates while before finally deciding to take matters in to it's hands. " VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Needless to say the droids sudden shrill cry, had not only succeded in getting sarns attension but almost caused him to reach for his blaster. He looked around in a bewildered state, His eyes scanning every inch of his room until they rested on the droids domed head. with a small sigh and light chuckle sarn pulled his hand away from his blaster and returned to his computer screen.

" I'll be done in a few minuates kodachi, tell the others to reserve a spot for their commander okay ? oh and tell teresk to check arinnes health after the party. don't want her getting sick after all."

the droid whistled in reply to it's master orders and rolled out of the room, leaving his master alone to do his work in peace once more.
Trilogy my ASS !!"
~Ham Luca~ Star Bored

David_Winters
Foxtrot

Post by David_Winters »

Winters had been thinking by himself in the pilot's lounge, awaiting the much-anticipated celebration of Black Nova's "victory" before. He wasn't sure how much of a victory it really was, but he was sure the squadron needed a high point in the otherwise grim atmosphere that they had occupied.

He was wondering now more about the lightsaber he held in his hand, and his past. He hadn't truly known his parents, and these new revelations were beginning to disturb him. In space combat, he'd always had a sense for guessing where an enemy would go, some sort of pre cognitive sight of other people's behaviors. He thought it was just skill from growing up as a fighter pilot and all his training. But now he was almost sure it had something to do with his so-called Force "sensitivity". He snorted at that thought. He wasn't sensitive to the Force, it was sensitive to him. He had no control over his "powers" though he did know he could block out his mind from other Force users, and quite possible predict certain actions when attuned, or in other words, concentrating on a battle. Other than that, he was limited to what others could do.
He just now remembered when he returned from Corellia with the kid, Trelya, he noticed that when Sarn used telepathy with his Force skills, Winters could "see" where Sarn was standing, what he was doing and thinking. It was as if he could patch into other people's powers when and only when they used them. He couldn't control them, but it helped him understand what was happening with them and himself. It was a strange situation, for sure, and Winters could communicate with other Force users if they patched their connection to him. It was indeed an odd occurance for the Corellian soldier. He shook his head trying to clear his thoughts.

When he was dog fighting above the base, he had a sudden headache almost, where he saw a corridor in the base, and a dead Rebel technician. The vision had faded almost as quickly as it had come, and that was all. Winters had no idea whatsoever what it meant, but he remembered the crewman's wounds, like burnt and seared flesh. Like a blaster...or lightsaber...but I don't get it...

Maybe Sarn knew something about these strange Force senses. After all, his grandfather was a Jedi Master. Winters was about to get up and inquire to the Commander about the situation when some other pilots suddenly entered the lounge.
If you're going to do something, do it right. Or at least don't let the other side know you're cheating.
Gonesolo

Post by Gonesolo »

Ariane didn't see Kirin stash his lightsaber, but she could certainly sense it. The movments and pull of the force around the hilt unnerved her somewhat but she was instantly re-assured as she could feel her own dual blade in the pack on her back.

As Echo trundled away she linked her arm with Kirin's and together they headed to the mess, laughing and joking and reminising about old times and previous situations!

Hanger bay - Theoi

The blonde haired woman sat in the pilots seat of the Orthos, a small hydrospanner in her hand, she had the main control panel open in front of her and was making adjustments to the power distribution system of the gunship.

She paused for a moment and leaned out of the cockpit. Poking out from beneath the ship were a pair of legs, dressed in imperial pilots garb.

"What about the secondary power relay?" she called.

For a moment there was not response, then slowly the gunner pulled himself out from under the convaluted contraption that was the ball turret.

"Seems ok but I'll take another look!" he called back.

"Well we better get it fixed, this crate aint much good if we can't use all her weapons, we we're just lucky that the fault just meant we couldn't launch the rockets" she grimaced slightly as she finished talking "Captain Kheiron was not happy with our performance report!"

The gunner swallowed heavily and then quickly pulled himself back in under the heavy gunship. The could not afford another problem like that when they next found the rebels.
PrinceKirin

Post by PrinceKirin »

Kirin smiled and enjoyed his walk with Ariane. He told of the first victory Black Nova squadron really had.

"I don't know how well you remember it, but for me, its always on my mind. Those years ago when we were sent to destroy an imperial space station in our sector. Half the squadron went on a rescue mission. We ended up completing both objectives. But in the process I stole an ISD bringing on what has happened to us in the past years." Kirin said. He then sighed. "If I could do it all again, I'd probably do things different. There'd be alot more people alive today. Thats the way life works.

"But you should have seen the look on the ISD's exceutive officer's face when I assumed command. It scarred him to death that he had just yelled at his new 'CO' " He chuckled.

Jedi Junkie

Post by Jedi Junkie »

OOC: BTW does anyone remeber the name of the jungle world we first trained on back in Black Nova 1 ?

IC:
It had taken almost an hour of hard work. But Sarn manged to compelete and download his reports on time. While it was downloading on to hid datapad, Sarn was busily preparing himself for the party being held in the lounge. After sliping on his usual attire and making a few last second adjestments. Sarn then picked up his datapad and sliped into the right hip pocket of his utility belt and exited his quarters. " Sigh to think it's been this long since we had any success. Well not true. When I first took command of this squadron. We did give those imperials the slip on that jungle planet. The Imperials had manged to stumble on their little traing ground and gave Sarn and his sqaudmates and much needed lesson in battle tactics. But they manged to thart the imps and escape. The second victory was when they compeleted two objectives at once. They helped evacute the Sf6 base and destroyed the Outer rim Imperial Space Re-fueling station. Such actions rendered Imperial operastions for a while now and allowed rebel activity in the Rim regions to go undisturbed for atleast four months. He then remember there mis-adventures trying to capture the elusive Dreadnaught Dooku for the bothian spynet. Sarn chuckled as he recalled the memorys of the first breifing. " How it all went wrong is still a mystery to me. But none the less the squadron is back together again and growing stronger in the force day by day. " Speaking of the force...I really need to try a practice grandpa teaching again sometime." he said to himself. Sarn had always had problems trying to face his Jedi heritage. Ever since his grandfather reveled it to him. Sarn felt torn between world. Half of him was the commander of an elite Alliance Covert Squadon. The other a member of a proud and noble line of jedi knights. He tryed to be both at one time but that created more problems...Sure he manged to pick up a few tricks form his grandfather but...he was no where near his level. He sigh as he recalled the first training session he had. Trying to lift a small bolt with the force. It had taken him all day to get it right, Along with trying to deal with dutys as a commanding officer and a jedi appentice. His grandfather had some how been able to cope with this. An ability sarn wished he could master...But ever since his grandfather left to go with kiring and Ame on hoth Sarn really found no reason to continue with his traing. " Hey...Iwonder what did happen to grandpa on Hoth ?" He asked himself. " Maybe kirin would know,I'll ask him about when I see him." He made a small mental note to ask kirin about the where abouts of his grandfather later. But for now He felt like resting and havin a few drinks with his friends.
Trilogy my ASS !!"
~Ham Luca~ Star Bored

Gonesolo

Post by Gonesolo »

Ariane smiled as Kirin recounted the squadrons rescue by an ISD. Certainly they had a checkered history and certainly a colorful one. No matter what personal feelings she had about the matter, posing as the commanding officer of an ISD and successfully diverting said ship to rescue a rebel cell was certainly a brave move.

Although as she remembered Nyran wasn't to impressed when she had brought the episode up over dinner a short time ago. She allowed herself a stiffled titter as they approached the mess. She could see Sarn approaching from the opposite direction. She waved playfully to him as they reached the door.

"Reporting for duty sir!" she quiped with a smile.
PrinceKirin

Post by PrinceKirin »

"Good morning sir!" Kirin greeted.

Meanwhile, Kagome had layed down in her new quarters for the first time. She was asleep with in seconds. Still tired from surgery after surgery and the surge after the battle. Her and the docters had busted rear fixing people. The rested surgeons continued just rooms down from her. Ami layed silent in post-op. Still there because of an infection development. Extreamly rare, but it made the doc fear he'd have to go back in. She didn't dream though, she felt and saw with the force in her sleep.

David_Winters
Foxtrot

Post by David_Winters »

Winters noticed the trio of Kirin, Ariane, and Sarn coming into the lounge and decided it was time to solve the mystery. He got up and walked over to Sarn. He didn't care to much that Kirin and Ariane were there, because he knew Ariane was Force sensitive, and maybe she could help as well.

"Sir, I have a question about these new Force developments I've been having. While fighting over the base, I caught a glimpse of a vision or something. I saw a few dead Rebel technicians in a corridor in the base, I'm sure of it. But I still can't control this power I seem to have. You grandfather was a Jedi, do you have any advice or idea what's going on?"
Jedi Junkie

Post by Jedi Junkie »

Sarn flashed david a whimsical look and turned his head toward
ceiling as if trying to see some unseen object hanging there. " David." he said to him " When I first experianced the force...I had similar visions like you did. All at random." he shakes his had slowly and rasies his arms up over his his head. " When My grandfather first told me of my potenial...I didn't want to belive him...at first. I had a hard time accepting the truth of my family legacy. and he had a hard time traing me. Balanceing being a commander and a jedi learner was not something I could do well."

" Many times I had to cancel the leason becasue of my duties..and becasue I never really felt comfiterble doing them. I manged to learn SOME skills from him...but I'm no where near Luke Skywalker's or his level. Infact most of the time I barly get a chance to practice, sense i focus more on my duties anyway then jedi traing."
Trilogy my ASS !!"
~Ham Luca~ Star Bored

Gonesolo

Post by Gonesolo »

Listening quietly to Sarn and Winters conversation, Ariane did not want to interupt but the more she listened the more she felt she had too.

"It is hard to be a jedi or indeed sensitive to the ways of the force in these times. Vader actively hunts down anyone who shows even the slightest atunement with the force."

"I have expierenced that first hand" almost in response to her comment a sudden pain in her chest force her to bring her hand up and rub her breast bone, it was a figment a memory of the pain of the wound that almost killed her but it was a constant reminder. She paused for a moment before continuing.

"We can not let Vader win. The jedi order must not die. Sarn, and indeed any of you if you want to learn I am willing to teach you. And Kirin hiding your lightsaber in your tunic will only hide it from view any one a tuned to the force will know you have it. And at the end of the day they will be your greatest threat."

"David with a little time and some practice you will be able to focus your images more, to understand them better. Sarn I know you have a lot of responsibilities with the squadron but you should not give up on your training as the force will guide you in all that you do once you know how to listen to it."

"And Kirin, you have shown great potential, but you need training!"

She smiled at them all before continuing.

"Sarn if there is still room I'd like to join Black Nova and help in any way I can. and the first way is to train anyone who is interested to the best of my ability? But enough shop talk we have a victory to celebrate!!" With that she hooked both Sarns and Kirin's arms and 'urged' them into the mess!
PrinceKirin

Post by PrinceKirin »

"Hey, careful with that talk of light sabers," he began not knowing the irony that his comment would hold, "so close to the mess hall, there could be imperials disguised as our own guys right here on home one. Thats why security is so tight," He smiled at Ariane approvingly then he looked at Sarn as if he had something hard to say, "Sir, you grandfather died ... more than bravely. He wouldn't abandon his post, not even when we were overran."

Gonesolo

Post by Gonesolo »

Ariane frowned slightly at Kirin's news, "I'm sorry to hear that! I only knew your grandfather for a short time but he was a good man and the force was indeed strong with him!"

"Come on lets us drink to your Grandfather and your victory today!!" she said again pulling on Kirin and Sarn's arms desperatly trying to lighten the mood.
PrinceKirin

Post by PrinceKirin »

"Yes! Lets tip our glasses to them!" Kirin said as his smile returned. He moved forward as if to lead the three person chain Ariane had created. Kirin never liked remembering sad days, let alone terrible defeats where loss of life was involved.

Jedi Junkie

Post by Jedi Junkie »

Kirin lead the group toward the bar. where he then ordered a bottle of the finest corellian brady. the bartendar happily gave it to him and and congradulated kirin and the others on their succuss. Pulling sarn and arinne with him to the nearest table. The three rebels then sat down and poured the brandy into their glasses. " A toast to or victory and to honor those that died while trying to free the galaxy from the Empires hands. My they force be with them where ever they are. "
Trilogy my ASS !!"
~Ham Luca~ Star Bored

PrinceKirin

Post by PrinceKirin »

ooc: Hey Gonesolo, Jedi, I sent an e-mail with a thread idea and I would like your thoughts. Winters has already jumped on the band wagon and I'd like you two to join us.

Jedi Junkie

Post by Jedi Junkie »

OOC: Alright man just post the link or name of the thread and I'll join. Sorry it took so long to resond man.
Trilogy my ASS !!"
~Ham Luca~ Star Bored

Jedi Junkie

Post by Jedi Junkie »

After Sarn had finihed drinking his brandy. He excused himself from the table and walked over to the bar to get himself another round. He was halfway there, when he noticed His friends at another table. Bant,Teresk,Dressela,Qurela, and of course his droid Kodachi were seated all around the table chating away at each other, until kodachi spotted her master and rolled up to him.

" Veop,Twoo,VOOOP." it whistled to him."

" alright,Kodachi alright I'll join in." sarn said humorusly.

As he walked up to the table, bant quickly moved out of the way to give him a seat. " Your chair commander " he said with a comical tone. Sarn just shook his head at the mon-cal and tried poorly to hold in his laughter. " Even after all this you guys haven't changed one bit. Just like the old days."

" Speaking of which." Teresk replyed " You do remeber the last time we partied like this don't you ?" She asked him.

Sarn scratched his head for a moment as if in deep thought. Then suddenly it came to him. " Our first battle !" he exclaimed as the images came back day to him. Three's years ago, Black Nova squadron had succuesfully Infiltrated a Heavly guarded Imperial base and Had sliced Imperial fleet formations from it's main computer. A few days later The Imperial 135th inner rim patrol fleet. Fell prey to an awaiting Alliance task force, over the planet Delok. Black Nova was under Jack Haulers command at that time. But It was Sarns first offical mission as both a Covert infiltrator and an Alliance pilot. It was that battle that proved to the alliance big-wigs that black novas dual function was crutial to winnging the war.

" Yeah those were good times." he said. " And If I recall that operation took place about the same day as the battle of yavin right ?"

The others just laughed as they rembered what commander hauler had told them. When they heard the news about yavin. It was in that moment sarn could swore he heard the commanders voice speaking to him on that day.

" First the Imps Lose a fleet to us, And NOw they Lose a giant space station ?..Man Palpatine must really like us breaking his toys doen't he ?"

All through out the enitre lounge. Roars of laughter could be heard from various tables. But none were as loud and cheerful as the ones from sarns table was. several other pilots and patrons seated near them turned to look at said table. Only to see a par of rebels joking and reliving their good old days. Nothing new in the spirt that was felt thoughout the Home Ones lounge.
Trilogy my ASS !!"
~Ham Luca~ Star Bored

PrinceKirin

Post by PrinceKirin »

ooc: Sarn, here is the link to my thread.

http://www.starwars-exodus.com/forum/vi ... 4994#64994

Hey Gonesolo, did you ever find out the answer to my question?

ic:

Kirin drank and was happy there with Ariane. He had finished his own personal bottle of Darin Wine which he had Echo retrieve from the Serenity. Kirin also had aquired a pack of cards. "Poker anyone? Or Spades?" He said happily to the room.

Gonesolo

Post by Gonesolo »

"I'll play with ya!" winked Ariane as she grabbed a bottle of Correlian Ale from the bar. Stopping for a moment she reached behind the bar and pulled out a cigar before lighting it and straddling the chair in front of Kirin, casually dropping the bottle of Ale on the table between them

"Anyone else?" she queried with a smile.
Gonesolo

Post by Gonesolo »

"Guess thats a no so!" Ariane smiled after a few moments waiting "Deal Kirin! Lets see if you play cards as recklessly as you fly a fighter!"
PrinceKirin

Post by PrinceKirin »

"Since theres two of us, lets go for poker. Hmmm, " he dealt out five cards, "The game is five card draw no wilds." Kirin picked up his hand and saw two queens, a king, a seven, and a four. Three were spades, the other queen was a diamond, and the seven was a heart. Kirin began to come up with various way to play the hand. His face soon showed a frustrated expression or was he bluffing....

Jedi Junkie

Post by Jedi Junkie »

thorughout the course of the eveing, the rebels had partyied,drank and played games to hteir hearts content. Sarn watched as the many differnt races of speices, human,gotal,twi'lek,rodian,mon calalmarian, and other beings celebreted joyfully together in one room. The empire had tried to set up barriers between races to make other speices seem differnt, makew them SO Alien that many humans did not want anything to do with them. How he wished all the other Humans in the core could see what he was seeing right now. Racial unity,no one cares what plaent your from or what kind of reglion you followed. We help each other out, Fighting and dieing side by side. Aliens and humans together side by side through better or worse.

Sarn then carried his gaze over towards the occupants at his table. His longtime friends, that have been with him since the beging. A Twi'lek female,a rodian female,a rodain mal, and a Blue-skined Male Mon-Cal.

" All of us had survied our hardships togher and worked through our diffances. I just hope one day the galaxy can learn to..."

It was at that peicular moment that he remebered one of the reasons he joined the rebellion. " All beings should be free to live the way they want without worry. I will keep fighting until that day comes." he thinks to himself. "

" Hey guys Kirin and Arinne are having a poker match wanna wacth ?" Asked a very excited Qurela. "

" Sure why not..?"

Soon all six of them leave their small corner and head over to kirins table. Were a small crowd had already gathered to watch the game.

' this should be interesting ' he thought
Trilogy my ASS !!"
~Ham Luca~ Star Bored

Gonesolo

Post by Gonesolo »

Ariane picked up her cards and looked at her hand. A wicked smiled crossed her lips and she reached up and took a long pull on the cigar in her mouth before taking it out between her index and fore fingers.

"You want to open or shall I?" she jested before placing the cigar back in her mouth, all the time beaming that broad smile at Kirin.
PrinceKirin

Post by PrinceKirin »

Kirin looked across the table with a half smile, "I delt, your first." He glanced at his hand then placed it in his lap. "Well, how much?" He said boldly.

Gonesolo

Post by Gonesolo »

"Well lets make this interesting shall we??" she smiled in return "Looser looses an item of clothing!"

She sat back awaiting Kirin's response.
David_Winters
Foxtrot

Post by David_Winters »

Winters turned his head. He couldn't help but hear that last comment. This is getting interesting...to say the least, he thought as he diverted his attention to the game.
PrinceKirin

Post by PrinceKirin »

Kirin thought, Is this worth a scoulding.....?

He smiled, "Fine by me. Is that all my worthy opponent?"

The night was sure to become interesting.

Gonesolo

Post by Gonesolo »

OOC: sorry guys I have my next post ready but it's on my laptop and I need to get it off it(no network card) Tomorrow I promise.
Jedi Junkie

Post by Jedi Junkie »

OOC: That's okay gone..I understand your problem./ BTW I just returned from a Scifi Expo in Austin today..and I meet and shook hands with Jeremy Bullock AKA Boba Fett himself. I'll post the pics as soon as they e-mail them.

IC:

As the crowed around Arinnes and Kirins table started to grow. So did the bets in between the specatators. Almost everyone with in five feet of the table had started to gamble their credits on the out come of the match. Some on Kirin others on Arinne. But either way there was going to be atleast one being here that ended up pennyless. That though alone kept Sarn from partaking in the gambling. The sounds of the cantina and the bets being whispered inbetween pilots, had started to remind him of the types of places he used to hang out in during his stint as an alliance couier.

In fact...it was one such stop that landed him in black nova squadron in the first place. and another that almost got him vaped by one of the galaxy famous bounty hunter. ' Never pick a fight or Sabacc match against boba fett.' he nsaid to himself mentally.

-------FLASH BACK----------

In a dimmly lit,smoke filled room. We see two figures. One is wearing a black par of pants with a red stripe running down the side, a white shirt and tan vest. The other is wearing what appers to be green armor.

" Alright boy your turn. " said the armored figure.

The boy places one card down and smiles in the darkness. " feh, this guy is about to be taken for a ride." he thouht haughtliy to himself. " your turn ." he said to the stranger with a cocky sounding voice...

______________TO BE CONTINUED...................
Trilogy my ASS !!"
~Ham Luca~ Star Bored

Gonesolo

Post by Gonesolo »

Ariane pulled heavily on the cigar while she considered her next move while Kirin sat smugly across from her. The boisterous chatting and cheering has died down now as most of the occupants of the bar are now enwrapped in the game. Sarn and Winters sat side by side as they watch their squad mates playing out a tense but exciting game.

Ariane looked again at her cards, “Who’s damn idea was it to make this a strip game anyway?” she jests looking at the sub par group of cards in her hand.

Kirin just smiled in return “Yours I believe!”

Kirin had little to be smug about, despite starting the competition with more items of clothing that her; the previous hands had not gone his way. He was down to his trousers and a happy smile, whereas she had only been forced to remove her boots. Although from what Kirin could see she was only wearing a bodysuit (although he could not comment on underwear). But this hand seemed to be going his way, he had learned to read his red haired colleagues expressions and from her pained expression she was not happy with her current hand.

“So are you going to stare at those cards all night or are you going to play?” he jested closing the fan of cards in his hand and feeling a cool breeze run up his back as the doors to the cantina opened granting access to two flight engineers “And someone please close that door!”

“Patience is a virtue!” Ariane responded, without even looking up from her cards.

Especially as my luck seems to have left me! she thought as she again perused the cards in her hand.

A few moments later she sat back in the chair and picked up her cigar from the table, before tossing two cards on the table. “Give me two then!” she beamed looking across the table at her almost naked opponent.

This unsettled Kirin a little, gone was the slightly worried look on his squad mates face. Replaced now with a more confident smile. Had he misjudged? Or had he read her wrongly? He knew one thing for sure if he lost this hand it would be more than his back that would be feeling the draught. Taking a quiet moment to consider if his pride could take being openly humiliated in front of the rest of the squadron, and indeed the rest of the ship, he gently tossed two cards on to the table in front of Ariane and then dealt himself one.

Ariane took another long, exaggerated pull on the burning weed in her mouth before leaning forward to take her cards. She picked them up one by one and smiled broadly with each one. Then she leaned back in the chair and put her feet up on the table while gently leaning her chair backwards on its back legs.

“Ok then!” she smiled “You opened lets see what you’ve got!”

Kirin blushed slightly as he looked, insecurely; at the cards in his hand then he smiled back at her.

“Oh no. I insist ladies first” he beamed.

Ariane lifted her feet off the table and let her chair sink back to its normal position and stared Kirin straight in the eyes. She did not look down as she put her cards on the table. Her hand was indeed a strong hand, a wild run, but Kirin did not look at her cards he kept staring straight at her as he put his hand on the table also.

Kirin’s hand was also a wild run. The crowd were mad with excitement. Kirin’s cards were a run from 5 with the wild card acting as the 6. Ariane’s run went from a 4 with the wild as the 7. Both of them looked at the cards simultaneously then Kirin looked up and smiled.

“Guess I win so!” he beamed.

Ariane did not reply she just grasped his head between her two palms and kissed him passionately on the lips. Stunned Kirin sat back in the chair as Ariane stood up suddenly from hers, the chair clattered onto the ground behind her. She took one last pull from her cigar before putting it out. Then, bold as brass, she pulled down the zipper on her skin suit.

The suit fell lightly to the ground and revealed that Kirin had in fact been correct she was wearing nothing underneath. The rest of the mess fell quiet as she stood there for a few moments. Then, she winked at Kirin and strode confidently out of the mess hall leaving her clothing in a mess on the floor.
David_Winters
Foxtrot

Post by David_Winters »

"The hell?" Winters was taken aback by the sudden conclusion, and the more surprising calmness of Ariane. He looked at Sarn, "That's one controlled woman," he said leaning back in his chair. Man, what a messed up squadron we are, Winters thought as he watched the rest of crowd disperse.
"Nice hand, Kirin. That one's a keeper." Winters said, smiling while Kirin still sat there, apparently in shock.
PrinceKirin

Post by PrinceKirin »

Kirin stood suddenly, "ECHO! Be sure my belongings make it to the Serenity." He grabbed Ariane's skin suit and made swift persuit out the door. Echo beeped angrily at being nearly ignored. It gathered the peices of the uniform and the cards which had been left laying on the table.

Meanwhile, Kirin made his way down the corridore after Ariane, whom he found at the quarters block the squadron was temperarily assigned to.