Warriors Hearts - Battle Lines Blurred

Takes place immediately after the Battle of Yavin
Tales and stories set during the events of Episodes 4-6...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Gonesolo

Post by Gonesolo »

The shuttle flight was absolutely breathless. Ariane/Katie had forgotten how beautiful Naboo was from the cockpit of a starship.

I Guess I don't look anymore she thought to herself as the shuttle quietly made it's way around Naboo. As the shuttle started to dive a ship pulled out of light speed in close proximity to the planet. A Victroy class star destroyer it unnerved Ariane slightly when it arrived.

But what unnerved her more was the feeling she got from that ship as it settled into Naboo orbit.

There here! she thought almost panicing They couldn't have found me this quick. ............ Could they

As if he could sense her unease Nyran put his arm around her and she snuggled into him. She would worry about the imperials later she was determined to enjoy today.

They arrived back to Theed shuttleport at 6pm and rode back to Nyran's house. Once there she took her hold all bag from the back of her mount and smiled at her host!

"Do you mind if I get washed and change for dinner?" she asked

"Off course not" he replied "I'll tie these two up around back and then I'll have to get cleaned up myself! You know where the bathroom is!"

With that she smiled and proceeded into the house, after a quick shower she changed into a casual red dress, the dress was slight longer than the one she wore to the party the other night, it came to just above her knees and had a V neck and now sleeves. She also slipped on a pair of red high heeled shoes . Nervously she hid away her hold all, stuffing her lightsaber all the way down the bottom, the last thing she needed was Nyran finding it, and then she went down stairs to where he was waiting.
Nyran Kheiron

Post by Nyran Kheiron »

With the Ikopi tied up Kheiron walked into the house and heard the fall of water from the bathroom. Resisting an urge to walk in and join Katie he went to his bedroom and selected his clothes for the evening. As per usual Kheiron opted for black, head to toe. A long sleeved shirt, made of frabric soft as silk and durable as denim, for the top half and black dress slacks for the bottom.

Kheiron had just boiled the pot for tea when Katie emerged, rejuvinated by her shower and beautifully dress.
"Stunning, you look stunning" was all Kheiron could think to say. Rewarded by a shy smile which made his heart skip he stammered something about needed a quick shower and dashed into the bathroom.
This post best viewed with low expectations
Gonesolo

Post by Gonesolo »

Flattered by his compliment she could do little but blush. He made a hurried request to have a shower and then exited to the bathroom. She smiled slightly as she realised that he felt as she did. For the next few minutes she waited and looked with awe at his weapon case in the main room. He had some weapon collection.

Before long Nyran returned, very well presented as usual in black head to foot. Complimented well by his fiery hair, he was very striking and quite handsome. Ariane felt her heart thumb and a lump formed in her throat. Her mouth went dry and she could not speak.

As if he knew what she was feeling he poured her a drink and without a word handed it to her. Gently she sipped the drink and gazed into his eyes. He returned the affection and they sank into the couch in the main room. They sat for a while chatting about nothing, enjoying each others company and having a few more drinks.

Ariane was sure nothing could spoil this night.
Nyran Kheiron

Post by Nyran Kheiron »

The night continued on, the topic of conversation directly influenced by the number of consumed drinks. One drink spurred the topic of mount and pack animals, with the odd mention of Ikopi and Tusk Cats. Two drinks and the conversation drifted to talk of armour and weapon specifics. Three drinks prompted talk of the past, a conversation where neither of them spilt many actual facts, and four drinks brought the topic of friendship, love and sex.

"... I can honestly say I've never done it like that before" finished Kheiron as his crono beeped twice to indicate the passing of another hour,
"Oh, damn, we're late," he informed, " by two hours too, Pete's going to be a little chaffed.
"Who's Pete?" querie Katie just after she took another sip from the lastest in the long line of drinks,
"The owner of the cantina we should be at"
Kheiron signaled for a guard to bring in a landspeeder and extended his hand to Katie on the couch,
"My dear lady, our official dinner awaits us"
So, hand in hand they walked outside.
Gonesolo

Post by Gonesolo »

A little bemused and a little tipsy Ariane/Katie stepped out into the night air on Nyran's arm. The full moon played gracefully across the rolling plains of their home planet and Ariane found herself slightly breathless at the sight. She paused for a moment before they stepped into the speeder.

"Everything alright?" queried Nyran with a warm smile and putting his hands gently on her arms.

She paused for a moment before answering with a re-assuring smile.

"Yes. Fine. I was just reminding myself how beautiful Naboo can be!"

As the speeder accelerated away from the house she felt something, something that did upset her. She shifted nervously in her seat as she felt the cold dark rouch of the Dark side as it arrived on Naboo.
Nyran Kheiron

Post by Nyran Kheiron »

Kheiron told the driver to push it, they were already incredibly late and Pete was known to be impatient if something took two mintues more then it should. Luckily Kheiron had come a long way from the days when he use to help out in the kitchen and Pete wouldn't dare try to even raise his voice to Kheiron now. in any case, he was paying quite a bit for this evening and even Pete can be settled with a few extra credits.

The speeder stopped fast enough to shift Kheiron in his seat, right out the front of Pete's Place. A rather irritated chef was waiting at the door but the welcome was nothing but warm,
"Ah Nyran, took your sweet time, but I can see why..." His eyes savouring the sight of Kheiron's date,
"Eyes off, she's mine"
"Aye, no question, but your soups ice cold now, give me a minute and I'll make up a fresh batch"
"Thanks"

Pete stood aside and waved Katie in, but stepped in front of Kheiron to follow, he hadn't changed a bit. The place was nicely done, candles on every table provided the only source of light, flowers dotted the scene from wall to wall and, as requested, thier was a single violinist on the stage, playing a heavenly tune of romance.
"Well rub a hutt in salt and call it jerky" exclaimed Katie as Kheiron held out her chair for her, "This is amazing"
"The place scrubs up nice doesn't it" he replied, now taking his own seat,
"Care for a drink?"
"Brandy, Corellian, please"
"Pete, your heard the lady, two Corellian Brandys, best you've got"
Pete waved his hand to indicate he got the request, "Aye, two cups of xenophobe firewater coming up"...
Gonesolo

Post by Gonesolo »

A little amused by the playful competition between Nyran and there host Katie smiled as she was ushered in to the cantina. It was breath taking, the tables were lit with candles and a musician played a quiet song that easied the soul.

Still amazed Katie's first comment was not as lady like as she would have liked but Nyran did not seem to mind and, more importantly, the owner seemed actually amused by her out burst.

Suddenly it dawned on her where she was, and why the teip had seemed so familar. She was here regularly with Terek Kasurh and Pete was a good friend of Terek and, knew her well. She knew a slight slip by Pete could destroy her in Nyran's eyes but as yet Pete had not let on that he knew her.

A little ruffled she sat down as Nyran ordered two drinks. Pete retired to the kitchen to fetch them. Suddenly Katie jumped from her seat and darted for the kitchen. She stormed through the kitchen door and corner Pete in the kitchen.
Nyran Kheiron

Post by Nyran Kheiron »

Somewhat confused by Katies sudden interest in the cantinas kitchen, Kheiron just stood by the table with a dumbfounded look on his face.
'Nah, the old dog couldn't of impressed her that much' he thought to himself, 'Could he?'
'Nah, impossible, she probably just went in there to help with the drinks, or bash the hell out of him'
Kheiron allowed himself a little chuckle, but standing alone on his first official date with Katie got him a little chaffed, and without much delay he decided to go and see what was going on behind the door to the kitchen.
Gonesolo

Post by Gonesolo »

Pete was about to protest as Katie entered the kitchen but as she strode determinedly towards him he recognised her for who she was.

"Ah miss Aria..........umph!"

His welcome was cut short as Katie/Ariane cupped her hand over his mouth and pushed him against the wall. Metal pots clanged off each other as Pete stumbled into a pot rack and she grimaced as she hoped Nyran didn't hear.

"You DON'T know me!" she ordered "And my name is Katie. GOT IT?"

Pete nodded his acknowldgement and she let him go.

He was about to question but she put her finger on his lips, "I'll explain later but for now my name is Katie not Ariane!"

Suddenly Ariane heard footsteps behind her, Nyran! Had he heard them? Did he know? She decided to assume he didn't and pray!

Gently slapping Pete on the shoulder she called "Take that stuff and make sure you bring the good stuff!"

She turned to see Nyran standing behind her with a quizical look on his face, she smiled

"Trying to pass of the cheap stuff on us!" she smirked

Did he know? Did he believe her? What would he do?
Nyran Kheiron

Post by Nyran Kheiron »

Kheiron stood there, propped up against the door frame with an eyebrow raised. His years in the Empire gave him a certain amount of experience in interrogation and he was certain Katie was lying to him. It would take an idiot not to noticed she was visibly distressed, and Pete wouldn't dare try to 'pass off the cheap stuff', if he valued his life.
Stopping himself short of questioning both present he decided to covertly uncover what was going on, after all Katie was the best thing to happen to him in a long time and he dare not risk losing her through a couple of ill thoughout questions. He could always lean on Pete for a few answers later on anyway.
"Well then" he said to Katie, "I'm glad you caught him red handed, I just can't stand it when someone I know tries to deceive me" he continued, accenting the last part of the sentence.
"I assume these drinks are on the house then?" he asked of Pete, who only stammered a reply,
"Ok then, lets return to our seats and await our meal then"
Extending his arm to Katie, he lead he back to her seat and then seated himself, still curious as to what was going on.
Gonesolo

Post by Gonesolo »

Nyran's words hung heavy on her mind. She did not notice as they returned to their seats.

He knew! He had to know! her mind raced as she tried to decrypt what he had meant How could he know?

She resigned herself to the fact that he now knew that she was holding something from him. She was so afraid that if she told him she would loose him forever. She could not risk that, but, she also couldn't risk him finding out elsewhere.

She decided it would be better received coming from her than second hand from some one like Pete.

After dinner! she sighed When we return to the house, I'll sit him down and tell him then!

It was possibly the hardest decision she had ever made!
Nyran Kheiron

Post by Nyran Kheiron »

When Kheiron had seated himself he realized how depressed Katie looked. Something was troubling her greatly and all he was going to do was weasel an answer out of her, how could he be so unfeeling?
Determined to reverse her mood and make this the best evening of her life he rose from his chair. Katies eyes darted towards him as he casually made his way over to her, seeming growing in fear. Unsettled by her emotions Kheiron lend forward and placed his lips on hers. After thier short embrace he moved his lips to her ear and whispered "May I have this dance?"...
Nyran Kheiron

Post by Nyran Kheiron »

...Hesitantly Katie placed her hand on Kheirons forearm and he lead her into the centre of the cantina, cleared to be a makeshift dancefloor. He indicated the violinist to play a more cheerful tune and took Katie in his arms. The two moved slowly in each others arms, Katies head resting against his chest. Kheiron thought he felt a tear fall on his shoulder but he could of easily imagined it.
Holding her close to him Kheiron once more edged towards her ears and whispered "I know somethings troubling you though I dont know what it is," Katies grip tightened on the back of his shirt, "You call tell me if you want though you have my unrelenting support whatever you choose"
Still moving to the tune from the violin, Kheiron kissed her sweetly and continued to dance...
Gonesolo

Post by Gonesolo »

Almost crying on his shoulder Ariane said nothing. For a few minutes they danced quietly, the steading herself she lifted her head from his shoulder and smiled at him. She kissed him gently on the lips and then gently pushed him back in to his chair.

"I want to give you something" she whispered as she gently removed her shoes and stepped back a couple of feet.

She started to dance, a dance she had learned many years ago, initially taught to her by a Twilek dancer on board the Arena ship she had spent years a prisoner on. When she was rescued she was lost for some time and did not know what to do with her life so she had sought out the Twilek, Relane Sorna, and had spent a few years under her tutilage.

Together they had traveled and entertained in cantinas and hotels across the galaxy. Before she had left Relane had taught her the most seductive and 'special' of the dances that she knew. Ralane was a professional dancer with many years expierence before Ariane had met her. Relane had told her that this dance was special and was not regularly used by dancers.

Ariane had never found someone to share this dance with, but now, maybe she had.
Nyran Kheiron

Post by Nyran Kheiron »

Crossed legs seemed the order of the day in view of Katies performance. Her dance was very, seductive. Gyrating hips, wandering hands and the odd wink or two certainly had their impact on Kheirons usually cool exterior. The temperature in the cantina must of risen by 5 degrees at the least. This was certainly one way to make Kheiron forget all about the earlier confusing and emotion, possible because the blood was draining from his brain into a more, impulsive area.
Gonesolo

Post by Gonesolo »

Carefully arranging her performance Ariane ensured she finished standing beside Nyran, and, making it appear part of the routine she slipped onto his lap. They kissed passionatly for some time only stopping when Pete arrived at the table with their starter.

Shyly, like a child caught doing something wrong, Ariane slipped back into her own chair and put her footwear back on.

"This looks delicious" she started, still somewhat muted, "What is it?"
Nyran Kheiron

Post by Nyran Kheiron »

Now standing and smoothing his clothes, Kheiron regained his own seat.
"Its Nubian Carter" he answered to Katies inquiry, "Its basically strips of flame grilled Nuna with local vegetables in a mildly spicey broth, I can make it myself but it never seems to taste as good as Petes"
Fresh bread rolls accompanied the soup, which tasted just as Kheiron had hoped it would be. Careful not to slurrp, lest he be seen as unelegant, he consumed spoonful after spoonful at standard military speed. Surprised to see Katie had barely touched hers, he slowed his pace and tried to restart some casual conversation.
"So...where in this galaxy or any other did you learn that dance?, which I very much appreciated by the way"
Gonesolo

Post by Gonesolo »

A coy smile crossed her lips as she took a delicate sip from the soup, Nyran was an excellent food critic, the soup was quite delicious.

"Now I never said that I had never left Naboo, did I?" she purred across the table at him, "A couple of years ago I became friendly with a Twi-lek dancer called Relane while my father and I were visiting Corruscant. We were good friends and when my father returned to Naboo I didn't accompany him."

She paused as she took another quite drink of the soup and gently dabbed her lips before continuing.

"Relane taught me to dance and for a few years we travelled the galaxy. We entertained some of the most wealthy and powerful people in the galaxy." she smiled gently as she again took another gentile mouthful.

"So why did you return?" queried Nyran.

"Relane retired a couple of years ago. She told me I should go on, that I could earn alot of money but I didn't want to continue." she paused and sighed, "I longed for home I guess! So I returned to Corruscant and restarted my old life!"
Nyran Kheiron

Post by Nyran Kheiron »

"Old life?, must be quite satisfying to take precidence over a life of travel and adventures" commented Kheiron while finishing off the remainder of his soup,
"What do you do now apart from dancing like an angel?"
Gonesolo

Post by Gonesolo »

She blushed as Nyran threw another compliment at her.

"Travel and adventure are not to be taken lightly, especially by a woman travelling alone. I had no want to travel, in truth I only traveled with Relane to be with her. We really were quite close, once she decided to retire then it lost all hold on me!"

She paused for a moment as she finished her soup and sat back in her chair, gently dabbing the edges of her mouth with the serviette.

"Now a days I potter around the house and swim in the lakes, and, when the mood takes me I go for a ride!"
Nyran Kheiron

Post by Nyran Kheiron »

"Sounds like you've retired as well, all thats missing is a checked vest, false teeth and smell of disinfectant" quipped Kheiron, hoping his unthoughout response caused no offence,
"Maybe all you need is someone else to share your adventures with"
Gonesolo

Post by Gonesolo »

"That almost sounds like an offer!" she smiled.

"You offering to be my travel companion?"
Nyran Kheiron

Post by Nyran Kheiron »

"Sorry, I dance like an epileptic in front of a neon sign, the best I can do is the more formal stuff, like waltzing, and even then I dont think I'm that good"
Kheiron moved back slightly to give Pete room to remove the empty bowls from the table,
"I also have to return to work in a few weeks..."
Gonesolo

Post by Gonesolo »

"You never did tell me what you do?" Ariane queried with a half smile.

As he was about to reply she smiled and put her finger on his lips.

"No let me guess!"

"Something important I'd wager, and you are responsible for a lot of people?" she started
Nyran Kheiron

Post by Nyran Kheiron »

"Indirectly, I'd say about four hundred thousand," Kheiron replied, prompting Katie along in her game of 'Guess the Profession',"And yes, I like to think I'm fairly important, and extremely modest"
Gonesolo

Post by Gonesolo »

Nyran's 'modesty' brought a smile to Ariane's face.

"I had a feeling you were someone important!" she smiled "But may I say you carry it well!" she winked seductively at him and took another sip of her drink.
Nyran Kheiron

Post by Nyran Kheiron »

"You may," Kheiron glanced at Katie and, since she was doing nothing more then having a little fun, he decided to play it up a little,
"Oh its no easy task being as important as I, making snap decisions on important details where all you can count on is your vast intellect and boundless experience. Having nerves of steel and ice in your viens as the pressures of thousands of people begin weighing on you like ten tonnes of duracrete, but I'm not without my shortcomings. I thought I made a mistake once, but I didn't, I always wondered what those erasers on pencils were for. Now I'm just babbling on, what I do is nothing more then your everyday incredible bravery and valour, with a hefty dose of courageous thinking and indescribable perfection. Nothing your average demi-god can't handle. Alrighty, I think I should ease up on the brandy now..."
Gonesolo

Post by Gonesolo »

She shot him a half smiling, half disbelieving look. He smiled at her and winked. She could feel herself go red as she once again blushed due to his attentions. Her heart fluttered, but there was no pain, there was nothing just the two of them idly chatting and laughing.
Nyran Kheiron

Post by Nyran Kheiron »

Their idle conversation was soon interrupted by Pete holding a large plate in each hand. "Main course, coming through" he called as he slowly sat a plate in from of each of his customers. "Shaak steak, medium, some roasted spuds, glazed carrots and those green things," he indicated the items on the plate, "I'm not real sure what those are"
"And the sauce?" prompted Kheiron,
"Its my best"
"Whats in it?"
"I haven't told you in ten years and I'm not about to tell you now"
"Figures," he turned his attention to Katie, "I've been bugging him for this sauce recipe for years and he still wont budge, though believe me he has a good reason to keep it to himself, best addition to any meat, it delicious"
Katie, somewhat bemused with the size of her serving, added a reply before picking up knife and fork and taking her first bite.
"Its delicious"
"Sure is..."
Gonesolo

Post by Gonesolo »

Ariane was finding herself becoming a little light headed as the night went on. She could not work out if it was the company or the fine food and drink that Nyran was engraciating her with.

Her mind soon forgot all worries outside of their little engagement. Gone was the thoughts of the Rebellion and of Vader and the Sith. Replaced with here and now. It was a strange expierence but a refreshing one.
Nyran Kheiron

Post by Nyran Kheiron »

Throughout his year of Imperial service Kheiron has seen it all. Happy families full of joy and love, couple deep in infatuation, oblivious to the negatives of the galaxy, even the old grandmas and grandpas, still in love after 75 years. All of it bit like acid into his heart for the family and life stolen from him by Rebel hands, a life replaced with the cold metal floors of Imperial Facilities, the unfeeling and distant care of strangers in uniform and a career as a trained killer. It all hurt, until he wouldn't let it anymore.
Should he chance more pain, a pain greater then he's ever felt or faced? Should he risk it all in a bid for what he never had or ever thought he needed?
The turmoil in his mind was enough to send a lesser man insane, yet he handled it all with a smile on his face as he eat his meal and conversed politely, with the object of his confusion less then a metre away.
Gonesolo

Post by Gonesolo »

Lost in his company and indeed the pleasant evening and wonderful food Ariane could do little but smile at her gracious host. She remembered what it was like to love, but, the memories were not her own. Once again her mothers memories were getting confused with her own, as she remembered with deep fondness the passionate affair that her mother and father, Jeb Kaxsan had shared all those years ago on Corruscant.

And yet she felt something was troubling Nyran, some thing played on his mind, or my like troubled his soul. Now and again she would sense a fleeting pain from him.

"Is something wrong?" she enquired gently, not wanting to pry too hard in case if was something he was not ready to share with her yet.
Nyran Kheiron

Post by Nyran Kheiron »

"Wrong?" Kheiron repeated, "The food is delicious, the atmosphere divine and the company, it's perfect. I'm quite sure even the buzzing of a mosquito would seem like an enchanted harp in this scenario. No, definately nothing is wrong". This was what Kheiron said, but what he thought was quite different.
Always a man of facts, he had little faith. He was pessimistic, and a soldier. This combination lead his mind to conclude a relationship, or even an attempted one, would be disastrous. But for some unknown reason his heart wouldn't let go. What was it about this woman he found so unique. He had met ladies on par with her looks before, indeed some had tried to cultivate a relationship as well but bar some company he had no need or want of them. This Katie was so different, yet for no reason he could discover. Something wrong?, something was definately wrong. He was torn in two because of a force he had no understanding of. He was sure he would disregard all intelligent thought and follow his feelings blindly. This vison of loveliness may very well prove his undoing yet he didn't seem to care. Something was definately wrong, because despite all he knew, he was certain this was right.
'Welcome to Lovestruck' Kheiron thought to himself, 'Population, us'...
Gonesolo

Post by Gonesolo »

The evening was like some delightful dream. They eat and talked and drank and talked and laughed and drank some more.

If this was a dream Ariane was sure she did not want to wake up. As the night went on her mind lost all thoughts of anything outside of the two of them. Lost in her little world for once in 20 years she cared nothing about what was going on around her.
Nyran Kheiron

Post by Nyran Kheiron »

Katie certainly looked like she was having a great time. She had this subtle grin the whole evening, which Nyran found reassuring. Still, Nyran had a little doubt about whether he would make the right choice this evening. 'The Emperors gift of foresight would come in handy right now', Nyran thought to himself, 'perhaps he does weekend consultations'.

Soon Nyran became fed up with his own indecision and forced himself to play his hand. It was certainly time he made a choice and stuck with it and that was what he intended to do. Kheiron put his glass down with determination, rose from his chair, strode over to katie and lifted her to his lips. The wide eyed stare she flashed back at him showed she wasn't expecting such an occurance, all the better for it, spontenaity is part of the fun. Now seperated from the embrace Nyran motioned to Pete and said "Fetch the driver", then took his lovely red maned lady in his arms. "This time," he said as he led katie to the car, "I'm locking the bedroom door".
Gonesolo

Post by Gonesolo »

Ariane smiled a coy, seductive smile.

"This time" she purred "I won't be leaving without you!"

She assuringly embraced him and took his arm firmly. She kissed him on the cheek and they walked out of the restaurant.

Outside Nyran's car quickly arrived and they stepped inside to be silently whisked away into the night. Enwrapped completely in each other the trip seemed to be over very quickly as they kissed passionatly in the back seat as the driver did his utmost to divert his attention from the loving couple.

Silently the conveyance slid up outside Nyran's house and they bid the driver good night, giggling and laughing they made there way up the path towards the front door, Nyran paused for a moment to get his passcard from his pocket and she pounced on his. Passionatly they kissed and Nyran fumbled blindly for the missing pass key. Eventually it was located and they fell in the door still embracing and kissing.

As the moon sat high in the night sky Ariane and Nyran cemented their emotional and physical connection.
Nyran Kheiron

Post by Nyran Kheiron »

The morning after...

Nyran was awoken by a sharp rapport on his bedroom down. The muffled voice of a Stormtrooper, one of his guards came through the thick wood. "Sir, there are some people at the front door who want to talk to you"
"well they better be Admirals or higher or I'm not getting out of this bed" replied Nyran as he looked down at Katie, also roused from sleep.
"Um sir," came the Stormtrooper again, somewhat shaky, "they carry lightsabers"
"What the bloody hell!?" Nyran was now fully awake and standing naked in the middle of his room. Katie was looking a little wide eyed as well.
"I wonder what they want?" Nyran mumbled to himself, stumbling into clothes that had been discarded to the floor the night before. "Guard," he called to the trooper who woke him, "tell them I'll be out soon".

Katies was obviously a curious girl as, wrapped in a sheet, she followed Nyran to the front door. Just as the trooper said Nyran had company of the lightsaber carrying sort. Two black clad individuals stood at the door, expressionless faces, unwavering stances and a lightsaber clipped to each belt. "So," Nyran said,"what can I do for you guys?"
"We're looking for someone, under order from vader himself"
"Aha, name?"
"Ariane Kaxsan"
"Never heard of her"
Unfortunately the two weren't done it seemed. "We believe you have, though I doubt she used her real name, she is about 5'10", athletic build, red hair, green eyes..."
They continued with thier discription but Nyran heard nothing further. Bewildered, he turned to look upon the woman standing not two feet from him behind the door. 5'10", athletic build, red hair, green eyes, holy crap could it be?
Nyran was in such a daze he didn't noticed he had slammed the door shut, all he could do was stare into Katies eyes, trying to make sense of it all...
Gonesolo

Post by Gonesolo »

Nryan stood, staring straight at her. She had heard enough of the conversation to understand what had worried him so. She couldn't look at him and diverted her eyes away, she started to cry.

A heavy knocking on the door broke the silence between them she slowly raised her head and looked at him. His expression almost broke her heart, she didn't need the force to know how he was feeling, his face told her everything she needed to know. His expression was a mixture of pure shock combined with revolsion and disappointment and she felt a terrible throbbing pain in her chest, this time however it was not a physical pain.

The knocking again on the door brought her to her seneses, her lightsaber...... where did she leave it? If she was quick she could escape. She would have to leave Naboo and this meant leaving Nyran behind but this could not be helped with luck the imperials would not be worried about a politican who fell in love with a jedi.

Again they knocked on the door

Ariane turned to move down the corridor.

"CAPTAIN KHEIRON OPEN THE DOOR!"

She stopped dead in her tracks and turned back to face Nyran who was still staring dumbounded at her although he was starting to regain his composure.

"CAPTAIN????" she queried

"I guess we were both hiding who we really are!" he shrugged.

How could she run now? The imperials would take no action against an innocent unknowing harbouring a jedi but a member of the imperial Navy?? that would not be so easily forgiven.

Thinking quickly she grabbed a blaster from his weapon display in the main room, returning to the hallway she thrust the weapon into his hand.

"Open the door!" she whispered

He looked at her confused and then looked down at the gun and once again back to her.

"Do it!!" she ordered.

Slowly, he opened the door. His two visitors still stood the other side and were a little unsure when they noticed the blaster in his hand. As they reached for their weapons Ariane stepped forward out of the hallway, both men hurried the drawing of their weapons but Ariane gently nudged Nyran's arm so that the blaster was leveled at her.

"It's ok I'll come quietly!" she whispered keeping her head down so her hair covered some of her face.

Nyran pushed her forward with his blaster and the two jedi took her outside to a waiting vehicle. Still wrapped in the sheet they bundled her on board and the vehicle raced of toward Theed leaving Nyran to watch her disappear out of her life once more.
Nyran Kheiron

Post by Nyran Kheiron »

'I just had to open the bloody door'

Nyran slowly walked over to the stairs and sat down, staring at the blaster in his hands. "Of all the crap ways to start the day..."
"Hello Nyran, I'm Ariane, I'm a Rebel or a Jedi or a Rebel Jedi and I plan on hiding from Vader in your bedroom, hope we can work out some 'inticing' payment plan"
"Guard!" Nyran called to the same trooper who started all this crap in the first place, "I want you to get all the information avaliable on this Ariane Kaxsan broad, including where those two charming chaps are taking her, theres some questions I need answers for"
Gonesolo

Post by Gonesolo »

The ride back to the city was short but for Ariane it seemed to last for ever, she could not get over Nyran's expression. She knew how much she had hurt him, he would never forgive her.

But there was nothing she could do about that now, she must escape. But how, her lightsaber was in her hold all bag in Nyran's house and she was in no fit state to run, lest she become the latest streaker to make the Naboo Gazette. Besides her two guards were well trained jedi, with out her weapon she would have no chance against them even as a well trained Teras Kasi Master.

She would bide her time. The force would present options to her all she had to do was wait. She calmed herself, tried not to think of Nyran he distracted her too much, but she couldn't get his expression out of her mind. The thought of how much she had hurt him haunted her for the rest of the trip.