Massachusetts Academy II

An interactive forum that focuses on DC and Marvel like superheroes...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus, WoH Coordinators

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Massachusetts Academy II

Post by Mir »

OOC: Rated Mature and all that.

IC:

The bar was heavy, loaded with weight. The man underneath it grimaced as he set it back in it’s place holder. Sliding out from underneath it, the man rose up off the bench, his workout complete. He still had to stretch out and perform his cool off routine, but outside of that, he was done. Alec Partridge grabbed the water bottle and drank lustily. He turned at a sound that was in the distance and he reflexively sniffed. Sweat and dust was the smell that came to him, but there was something else that was coming close. Partridge could sense it, and it was a familiar presence. Narrowing his eyes, he watched as Benjamin Grant walked in to the gym for his own workout. The two men eyed each other, before Grant headed over to another part of the gym. It was early in the afternoon, and there was only a few other people in the gym.

One of them was that Indian kid, Nikhil Patel, but he wasn’t doing much but running. Alec had seen him around from the first days of the school, and the kid was part of the group of popular kids led by Rose Decker and Drake Durant, but he didn’t seem to be that big of a member of the group. Alessandra had a few documents written on the social strata of the school, why he didn’t know. He figured that it had something to do with making sure that everything was in it’s proper place and that the kids weren’t being assholes to each other. Whatever the case was, he didn’t particularly care. As long as they didn’t try to actually hurt each other, it didn’t bother him at all what they did or didn’t do.

Well as long as they were also doing all of their school work. But that was mainly because he was a teacher and because he knew that if they didn’t do a lot of their work, Alessandra would get annoyed and upset and the last thing he wanted was for that to happen. He liked it when she was happy. For some reason it made him feel good, particularly when he had done something to make her happy. That wasn’t the case with most people, with the exception of that middle of the three Dreamer triplets as they were starting to be called. The behavior of the most skittish of the three, Minerva Martin, had been applied to the other two rather unwillingly.

With his last set down, Alec rose and wiped down the bench before heading out of the gym. The school was had been going for about about a few weeks now, and the classes had been progressing well. He hadn’t heard any complaints about anything so far. There had been the generic ones, of course. People using their powers in the hallways and places that they shouldn’t have. Guys using their powers to spy on the girls, the girls then proceeding to try to kick the guys’ asses. The usual stuff that he had expected would happen. Overall, everything seemed to be at ease, which was just the way that Alec liked things. Nice, peaceful and quiet, so that a man could think.

But about what? What was he supposed to think about?

That was where the problems started. Because he didn’t know what to think about because he didn’t know his own past, his own history. He couldn’t remember anything until a short while ago, when he had been unconscious in the San Francisco bay, rescued by Jarlan Xander. The man had been supposed to help him, but things had always come up. Shane Grammer had offered him another, viable solution. Alessandra was a psychiatrist and a telepath. If anyone could help him with the amnesia that he had and the problems that went along with it, it was her.

Unfortunately, it didn’t make his problems easier, it just compounded them. He didn’t know how to go to her and ask for that. On the one hand, he needed the help, but on the other hand, admitting the problem meant an admission of weakness, at least to him. The last thing that he wanted was to appear weak, especially to Ale. It was a difficult situation. He was in limbo, his life stuck in the middle of a crossroads that led so many different ways. As much as he liked Grammer and Melissa and the Dreamer triplets, the only reason why he was really here was because of Alessandra. If you took her out of the equation, he would have left the school a long time ago.

Just his damn luck.

He was moving through some of the athletic fields by then, and he saw that a group of the students had started a pick up game of baseball. That was what he needed, to hit something. It was hard to get that sensation here at a school with damned kids. Walking over to where they were, he saw that some of them were students in his physical education class and in his mechanics class. One of them, Emmett Lutz, waved Alec closer.

“Mr. Partidge, would you like to take a crack at it?” He asked.

“Absolutely, Emmett.” Alec said, walking up to the plate and grabbing a bat.

The pitcher, Sean Wright, smiled as he held the baseball. The Yanks had been explaining to him the sport and how it was played. It seemed a suitable replacement to cricket, all things considered. Now it was even better. Any chance to get one over on a teacher was great. He wound up and threw the ball, accelerating it through his seismic powers. It was moving fast at blinding speeds. No one could hit it.

No baseline human at least.

Alec Partridge was no baseline human. He swung the bat, his superhuman abilities allowing him to see the ball and to hit it perfectly. Lifting a hand up, Alec shaded his eyes and just watched as it sailed out of the park.

If only everything was that easy.

Re: Massachusetts Academy II

Post by peayitforward »

In the time that had passed, Audrey had inadvertently taken a crack at taking away Rose Decker's position as the most popular girl at Massachusetts' Academy. It hadn't been her intention, though when it happened, she had to admit that she was happy with the outcome. Her father, always cautious of making waves, had cautioned her not to be mean when it came to these things with the Yanks. She understood that very well. Audrey wasn't a bully nor was she a mean person or a cliquish type of person. She just wanted to fit in at the moment, and she just wanted friends. So when Rose had offered her friendship with no strings attached, she'd accepted it. The two girls had hung out regularly and she had been introduced to the crowd of people that Rose usually hung out with. Almost immediately, she'd taken a liking to both Drake and to Nikhil. The two were opposite sides of the coin, one an extrovert who hid an introvert, and the other who was just an introvert. Nikhil didn't like to talk to people that much, and most of the time she got a weird feeling that he just tolerated her presence. Like right now.

"Are you sure that you don't want to go to the arcade?" She asked.

"Last time I went anywhere that Rose suggested, the cops were involved." Nikhil said, stubbornly.

"That doesn't mean that this time it'll happen." She said, her British accent strong.

"Why take the risk?" He asked and she rolled her eyes. He was impossible sometimes. Once he had a thought in his head, it was very hard to get it out of there. Also, he didn't like to leave the campus that much, particularly when Rose was leading the charge. Audrey had been filled in on everything that had happened, and she didn't understand his need to protect people. Just because it had happened once, didn't mean that it would happen again. But to Nikhil, that was just the case.
DX Army Cadet

Post by Mandalore_The_Uniter »

a small group was waiting in Alessandra's office, 4 potential students and thier parents, waiting with Baited breath as they got thier time. It was long 'till Alessandra got into her office, and was looking over the applications, causing the teenagers to become very nervous...in fact the poor 14 year old ghost-girl was so nervous she phased through the floor. "Oh not again." The Girl's mother, a red head in a grey jump suit said "I'll be right back, that happens every time the poor dear gets nervous now-a-days, I'll be right back." The Woman got up and left the office, presumably to find and retrieve her daughter. The Girl's boyfriend, a black male of the same age with dreadlocks looked down where the girl phased through, and looked worried. "She has the worst controll issues of all of us." He said, as a matter of factly "I hate to see her like this." Despite all of the official paperwork saying the 4 teens were mutants, with some unnamable anomolies on the Ghost-Girl's(Danielle Fenton) genetic test that were blamed on computer failures, Alessandra saw from the teen's minds what her current powers were from:

the 6 teens were looking at the inoperable 'Ghost Portal', and Dani was ready to lead her friends and sister out of the room, until the goth of the group opened her mouth. "Don't you want to see a ghost, or talk to one of the old heroes?" Sam asked, incredulous that her best friend would abandon an opprotunity like this "Come on, this could be insanly cool if you fixed it." Dani rolled her eyes, but saw what the goth girl meant, Talking to one of the old heroes would be really awesome...after a debate that spanned a few minutes, Dani walked over to the ghost portal, and walked into it...accidently pressing the On Button, that was inside the Portal. Envelouping her and the inside of the portal in a green swirl...Dani was thrown from the portal, screaming. When her friends walked over to her, she was glowing etherially, her black hair was now white, and her blue eyes were now a glowing emerald green...

It wasn't in doubt that Dani was a mutant, the genetic test doesn't lie and her unique past expains the anomolies, but there was more at work with Dani. Upon looking at the other papers on the other teenagers in her office, Alessandra got a clear picture of the situation:

The Older girl, with Strawberry Blond Hair and grey eyes, was Dani's Older Sister. Jasmine Fenton showed signs of a Spider-Man Like Powerset, and her Genetic Test showed positive signs of Mutation, she even appearently had a set of Web-Shooters built for her by the Next Kid.

The blond haired boy with the Glasses, 14 or 15, was Richard Foley. This Mutant, confirmed by the Genetics test like the others, had develouping Super Human Intelligence.

The Black Teen with the Dreadlocks was Jackson Stone, and was displaying Electromagnetic Manipulation, as well as the ability to generate Electricity.

Finally, Dani herself displayed a wide range of powers, from the Intangibility unwittingly displayed, to energy blasts, to near Superman Level speed/Flight/Striegth...several others were hinted at, but nothing concreet.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

“That’s why you’re here.” Alessandra said with a smile on her face. She had picked up the thoughts of nervousness pulsing from the others in the room. It helped, some days to be a telepath. They weren’t even trying to shield their thoughts, or at least, not in the way that would have stopped her from picking up on them. But then again, why would they and how would they even know how to? Her eyes shifted over to the two women who were stepping back into her office. The girl looked sorry for what had happened. “Don’t worry about it, Dani, right?. The school is reinforced for almost any mutation and the subsequent accidents that happen as the students are on their journey to learn and control their powers. Something that I think you all will be able to witness first hand soon enough.”

“You mean we’re accepted?” Jackson asked, as some of the telepathic tension eased out of the room.

“Why wouldn’t you be?” She asked with a smile. “All of you are accepted to the Academy, yes.”
DX Army Cadet

"That's great." Danielle's Mother Said, smirking "Thank you." The parents finished up the paper work, Dani carrying the Luggage into thier rooms, using her super strienght and speed to do the job in a few seconds. Dani and Jasmine were sharing a room, and Rici and Jack were sharing a room, Dani just had to sort the luggage between the guys and girls rooms. After the unpacking was done, dani walked back into the office, and sat down. "I decided to move the luggage right quick " Dani said, smirking. "I believe that does it." Mr. Stone Said, finishing up the last of the Paperwork "With Dani having taken care of the Luggage, I believe we have everything handled." The Parents took a moment to shake Allesandra's hand and thank her, spending the rest of thier time at the Accadamy saying goodbye's to thier kids and attempting to 'Ghost Proof' the House(In the case of Jack Fenton), thankfully the Ghost Proofing was put to rest when Mr. Stone ushered the rest of the parents out. "Sorry about my dad." The Youngest Fenton girl said to Alessandra, pulling the last 'Ghost Sensor' out of place "He's harmless, and so are most of his inventions...Richi and I can handle the others"

Post by RCCrow »

Leland came walking around the corner and saw Nikhil and the still somewhat new girl talking. Walking over to where they were, she caught the end of the conversation. Nikhil was becoming more withdrawn, which was hard for him to do considering how he was normally. But he was making an effort. Still, she knew things, and she knew the rules concerning the things that she knew. So when she walked up to them and smiled, Nikhil paid attention to what she said. Because so far, the fortune teller had yet to be wrong, and she'd always been right. "I'm headed to the arcade." She said. "We're taking some of the other people, like Sean Wright and Laurence Hague."

"Doesn't mean that I need to go." He said in reply.

Leland saw the look on the face of the other girl, the desperation. Clearly Rose was loosing her touch if she needed to send Audrey to convince Nikhil to go with them.

"I think you should go." Leland said and then gave him a mysterious smile. "You never know, it could be fun."

Then she was gone, making time like Minnie Martin being chased by Alec Jr.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Alessandra just nodded. “Make yourselves at home, this is your home now.” She said with a small smile. “The other children will probably make themselves known at some point or the other, but don’t wait for them. Be adventurous, explore. The whole grounds are well and proper mutant proof.” She added before she left.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Her statements gave him cause to wonder. Nikhil understood what her powers were and that meant a lot to someone like him. He looked at Audrey. “Okay, I’ll go.”

“Really, just like that?” The British girl asked.

“You’re not Leland.” He said with a shrug. “She knows things.”

Post by peayitforward »

"You're weird." Audrey said and turned to leave. It was then that she saw two of her fellow Englanders coming towards her, Sean Wright and Laurence Hague. They were childhood friends and both had come to Massachusetts' Academy once they had discovered their mutant powers. Here they were inseparable, because they were only starting to get to know other people. Displaced, just like her. She smiled at Sean and waved. He was a good looking guy, that she kind of had to give him. Not really her type, but at least she could get to know him. They passed, exchanging pleasantries and after they'd gone, Audrey turned to look back at Nikhil. She saw that on the ground next to him was a small black cat, with a smidgen of white on the nose, and white on the chest. The cat was giving her the evilest look she'd ever seen a cat give a person. The speed of the tail that was flicking made it evident that the cat was upset. The problem was, which one of the Dreamer triplets was this?

Deciding that it wasn't in her best interest to find out, Audrey left, walking away, knowing that the cat was staring at her the entire time.
DX Army Cadet

Danielle was walking around the accadamy, untill she accidently bumped into Leland, "Hey, your Leland right?" Danielle asked, looking at the girl "I heard you were getting a group together to head to the arcade, can a few friends and I come with?"

Diana, resident Fox-Girl, walked up to Leland and Dani, and started typing something into her cell phone, and handed it to Leland. It had 'Can I come too? can I bring my sister?"

Post by Ninzi »

Micah Williams watched as a group of students left the school, heading out into the small town that was close to the school. They hadn't invited him to go with them, but he wasn't upset by this. As much as he understood the need for friends and companions, it wasn't something that was high on his list. He wanted to learn more about what he could do and how to control it than anything else in the world. That's what was important to him. The textbook that he was reading was advanced for the classes that he was in, but he didn't mind. Learning came quickly to him, it was something that he deeply enjoyed. The book on bio-engineering was in depth, and he had a notebook next to him. The pencil in his hands scratched away every once in a while, helping him to jot down another fact or another piece of information for him to remember.

The library at Massachusetts' Academy was big and cavernous. He liked it. Micah liked libraries.

He stopped what he was doing when he heard a noise and looked up to see Dr. Shane Grammer standing near him. He wasn't watching him, rather he was looking for some book on one of the shelves.

"Hello Dr. Grammer." Micah said, with a smile on his face. "I have to say, I deeply enjoyed the last class that we had."

OOC: Foxx has given me the Micah Williams character so I can jump into the thread quickly. I don't think that it was a copy character.

Post by RCCrow »

Shane had been looking for a book that he had thought would help provide a good analogy for the material that he wished to cover during one of his classes. Sometimes he knew he had a hard time connecting with students, but that was because his mind was simply on a different level and he understood things at a faster rate. So when people didn’t get things immediately, he often times didn’t understand how to slow things down to help them catch up. It was something that he had been working on for some years now, ever since he had started being a teacher. He smiled at the boy’s words. “I’m glad that you found the class to be informative.” He said. “It’s always good to know that you’re doing a good job at something.”

“It really was.” Micah replied. “I especially liked the part where you broke down how different powers are manifested through different means. It showed the variety of how things can happen.”

“We only scratched the service. There’s a multitude of more in depth descriptions, but this is a beginning class.” Grammer said. “What are you reading?” He asked.
You know it's a bad day when you jump out of bed and miss the floor.
"I declare War!!"~Peay

Post by Ninzi »

“It’s a book on bio-engineering.” Micah said proudly.

He saw the look on Dr. Grammer’s face change. A mild look of surprise that became a look of curiosity and interest.

“I learn very quickly.” Micah said with a grin. “I remember almost everything I read.” He added. “That’s why I love your class. You’re good at making everything interesting but still informative.” He said. He looked around and then deciding that even if he was told now it was worth it to try and asked, “Would I be able to see your laboratory?”
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

The group of kids who were headed to the arcade was large and sizable, which gave Rose some comfort. At least Nikhil wouldn’t be able to complain that she was getting people in trouble again. Too many people to really do anything. And where did he get off saying that in the first place? She half smiled at something Drake said to her, some joke. He had been telling her about something or other that had happened back in the day, before they had come to Massachusetts’ Academy. While she remembered what the boy was talking about, she wasn’t paying that much attention to it. Her eyes were on the back of the head of the Indian boy walking a few people ahead of where she was. He was standing there, talking to Sean Wright about something, she couldn’t hear what he was saying. Whatever it was, it was fairly funny, because the red haired kid with them, Laurence Hague, burst out laughing.

They had gotten a bus, after Rose had spoken to Mr. Partridge and he’d organized it for her. Now they were outside of the bus, walking around the town. Rose had also called the arcade, to tell them that a group from the Academy was on the way. That was one thing that she was good at, thinking ahead and planning things out. If she had been in charge of the arcade, she would have liked a heads up that they were on the way, so it made sense that she gave them one. This way, there was a smaller chance of having problems or anything.

From what she understood, the city was going through some changes, because of what had happened with the Gekko Gang. Gorilla had been caught and apparently was facing trial or something like that. The anti-mutant sentiment was starting to build, because many of the people in the Gekko Gang had been mutants. Joseph Medina was still under probation, which was why he wasn’t with them. While she’d asked him, he’d turned her down, knowing that the headmistress was watching him closely. That she could understand. When he’d turned her down, she’d understood where he was coming from and had moved on to the next person. All she was trying to do was include as many people as possible and make the whole thing a good day for people.

As it was there was a pretty decent number of kids who had come out to make the group. The Dreamers were there, as well as Sean Wright, Laurence Hague, Drake, Leland, Emmett, Audrey, Nikhil, and herself. The arcade building was coming closer and closer. She turned and looked at Drake. “This should be fun.” She said.

“It should be.” He agreed, nodding slowly.

“Are you guys ready for some fun? Do they even have arcades in England?” She asked, directing her question towards Sean, Laurence, and Audrey.

Post by RCCrow »

“That would be a great idea. Especially since you are such a quick learner, I think that a trip to the lab would be beneficial for you.” Grammer said. “I’ve been thinking about having a class or two in my lab, to give a tangible example of some of the things that we’re learning in the class. Would you like to be my assistant during these classes?” He asked.

“Yes, we do have arcades in England. We’re not neanderthals, you know.” Laurence said, with a look on his face. 

Sean smiled and elbowed him lightly in the ribs. “Ease off a bit. Blimey, Laurence, they’re just joking. Don’t be so testy.” He said. He yelped after a moment, looking down to realize that one of the Dreamers had their claws in his pants leg and was holding on. He looked around. There was Sam, in all black, and there was Mara, dressed impeccably, which meant that this had to be Minnie. He reached down and picked her up off of him.

“I’m sorry.” Mara said, reaching for her sister. “I guess she’s just tired. I’ll hold her.”

“It’s okay.” Sean said with a smile. “I don’t mind.” He flipped Minnie on to her back, and scratched at her tummy. The black and white tuxedo cat purred as he scratched. “So do you guys go to arcades a lot in...Duxbury, was it?”
"I declare War!!"~Peay

Post by peayitforward »

Audrey looked at the way that the dreamer looked at Sean. There was no way that she was going to interfere in something like that. That just wouldn't be right. She could see the way that Mara looked at him. She wondered if the of was even aware of it. Audrey doubted it. Boys were like that. Suddenly she was homesick,wishing that she was back in England with the people that she knew, her friends. These people were great and Rose was trying to be inclusive she understood that. But there was nothing like having the people that you knew. She turned to Rose to say something but then she fell silent. It was then that she saw Leland giving her a strange look.

"What?" She asked unsure of why the girl was looking at her.
My family puts the FUN in Dysfunctional!
"You declare War?! I Accept!"~ Crow
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Mara opened her mouth to speak, but this was one of the longest conversations that she’d had with Sean, so she couldn’t get anything out and then opted to just nod and give a weak smile as the group entered the arcade. They were assaulted with the loud noises and sounds of the arcade. There weren’t that many people in the building, but there were enough to make it pretty entertaining.

“She’s nervous.” Sam said, rolling her eyes.

“Oh my God, Sam, mind your business.” Mara said, primly.

Her sister rolled her eyes again and started to walk away, intent on playing some of the arcade games when a voice stopped her.

“Where do you think you’re going?”

She turned and gave Rose Decker a look. “I’m going to go play video games. Could have sworn that’s why we came here.” She said and then looked at Nikhil Patel’s amused smile. “Right?”

“Nobody goes anywhere yet. Everyone put these on.” Rose said, handing out colored lanyards and wrist bands. There was a communal sigh of disbelief. “Don’t blame me, blame Ms. Santiago and Mr. Partridge.”

“Please, Alec didn’t care. He probably just told you not to let anyone die.” Sam said, matter of factly.

The fact that that was almost literally what Alec had said, made Rose reconsider her thoughts on the all black clothed member of the Dreamers. Sam definitely spent a lot of time with Partridge.

“Well, this was the only way that I could get approval for this. So everyone gets to wear them.” She said. While she didn’t like it herself, she was actually kind of happy, figuring that this would get Nikhil to stop moping and pouting. She hated moping and pouting. Didn’t get you anywhere.

Post by Ninzi »

"I'd love to help you out, Dr. Grammer." Micah said and rose from where he was sitting. "I was wondering, could we take a look at the lab now? There were a few questions I wanted to ask you about DNA cataloging, and the work that was done during the Human Genome Project." He said and gave an expectant but also hopeful look at the teacher.
Ninzified lol.

Post by RCCrow »

“Nothing.” Leland said as she walked into the arcade. There was something about that girl, but she couldn’t put her finger on it, which was weird, because of her powers. She just didn’t know what it was. As someone who said that they knew stuff, this was kind of bad. The feeling was in the back of her mind and nagging at her but she listened to the instructions that had been sent with Rose from Alessandra Santiago. She could tell that the headmistress had written it, it had her distinctive style of doing things. Proper and thorough. Accepting the lanyard and wristband, she put them on and turned to Emmett. “I say we go play some air hockey.”

Emmett nodded and smiled, the gentle lumbering giant that he was. “After you.” He said, and then turned to Audrey. “Would you like to come with?” He asked after a moment.

Leland saw this, and knowing the future smiled to herself.

Meanwhile, Mara, a big flabbergasted by her sister’s behavior, accepted a lanyard and wristband for herself and for her two sisters. Giving Sam a look of clear annoyance, she handed Sam a set, and then turned her attention to Minnie. The kitten was giving her an innocent look, one that showed that she was not feeling like changing back into her human form.

“Minnie, please.” Mara asked.

Sam came over and her expression and tact had changed. “Minnie, we need you to put on the wristband and lanyard.”

Minnie responded by rolling closer towards Sean and giving him her innocent look.

“Don’t put me in the middle of this.” He said, but then he gave in. “I’ll watch her, promise.” He said, earning mild respect points in Sam’s book, but a look of unending gratitude from Mara.

“I guess I’ll just have to stick close to you to help you with her.

“I guess you’ll just have to.”

Sam gagged.
"I declare War!!"~Peay
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Nikhil Patel accepted his set and then headed away from everyone else. It wasn't that he was anti-social, it was that he needed others to draw him out of his shell. And he knew that there were only a few people here who could. Rose as impetuous and headstrong as she was, was going to be working hard to keep everyone in line. Odds were that she wasn't going to have much fun herself. She would have been the best at getting him to socialize. Since that was out of the question, and he knew that Drake would be with Rose, he headed over to the Air Hockey game to start it up. He looked at Audrey expectantly, and she nodded slowly at Emmett and Leland's invitation. Few people could turn down the lumbering giant, and Audrey was not on that list. The British girl came over to where Nikhil was as Emmett and Leland headed over to the opposite side.

Soon they were playing the game, both sets of teens getting deeply involved in the game.

But then they weren't, because Emmett and Leland had won already.

"Cheating." Audrey said, giving Nikhil a look.

The Indian, unsure of what she meant, because there was no way to really cheat at this game, looked at the table.

"Meaning?"

She nodded towards Leland. "She sees the future."

His eyes widened and he turned, giving Leland an accusing stare. The other woman smiled innocently. "I guess Emmett picked the right partner."

Post by peayitforward »

"Well are we using our powers or not?" Audrey asked, getting a wicked smile on her face.

"I don't know about that." Nikhil said. "I mean, I don't think it's wise."

"She's already doing it." Audrey said, pointing at Leland who grinned in response.

"That's...well..that's true, but I don't think."

"Stop thinking." Audrey said and looked at Emmett. "Let's go again, big guy."

The game started, but this time, Audrey reached out with her mind, using her telekinesis to keep lightly tapping on the side of Leland's head to break her concentration.

Post by RCCrow »

Leland was starting to get annoyed by this development. It was making it difficult for her to concentrate on the game itself. Emmett was watching what was going on with a bit of amusement. The gentle giant was just playing the game. Eventually, Leland looked at him. "Aren't you going to do something?" She asked.

"You know, technically, you should have seen it coming, that she was going to mess with you." He said.

"Just because I know things doesn't mean I know everything, Emmett." She said and he smiled at that. "Oh, just play the game."

"That was my plan." He said with a smile.

Meanwhile, Sean Wright and his friend Laurence were playing an interesting game where you took a brown ball and rolled it up a ramp, attempting to get it into a series of circles that had a point system that got higher the smaller the circles got. The problem was that Minnie Martin kept trying to chase the balls everytime they threw them. No matter how much Mara tried to hiss at her sister.

Mara turned to Sam and gave her a silent plea for help.
"I declare War!!"~Peay
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Samantha sighed and sprang into action. Moving forward, she reached down and plucked Minnie up off the ground. When you were a Martin, even when you were in human form, you had exceptional reflexes. There was a look of surprise on Minnie’s face, and then a look of sad resignation to one’s fate. She didn’t bother to struggle, she just curled up in Sam’s arms. Mara gave her sister a look of thanks, and Sam nodded. Deciding that it was time to find somewhere else to be, she and her sister headed over to find Rose Decker and Drake. The two of them were talking about something or other and while it seemed like it could be a private conversation, Sam was an innately curious person. Not as curious as Mara was, but her sister took the cake on that.

Before she could properly get within earshot, the door to the arcade opened and Alec Partridge walked in, face set even more serious than it normally was. His eyes scanned the room, and then settled on Rose’s face as she walked up to him.

“Mr. Partridge, is everything okay?” She asked, wondering just what was going on. She’d made sure that they’d followed the rules this time when she’d organized this little trip. Hoping that nothing had gone wrong, she waited to hear what he had to say.

“Where’s Sean Wright?” Alec asked. “I need to speak to him, in private.” He added.

Brow furrowed, the girl turned to find Sean.

He was still playing that game, with Laurence and Mara and she called out to him. He hadn’t stopped playing even though Alec had entered the arcade. Turning, the boy saw her and then saw Alec. With a shrug, he started walking over, leaving Laurence and Mara with the game.

“What’s wrong?” He asked.

“Something’s happened back home, in England.” Alec said. “Your parents were in an accident and are in intensive care. I’m to take you back to the Academy, so we can get you on a flight home, immediately.” He said.

Alec wasn’t good with emotions and things like that. But that was because he didn’t trust people and couldn’t remember his past so he always second guessed himself. But he wasn’t blind to the boy’s plight. Placing a hand on the boy’s shoulder, he tried to smile. “I’m sure that they’re going to be fine. We have to get you over there though.” He said. “I’ll tell you more on the drive back.”

Post by RCCrow »

Sean couldn’t believe what he was hearing. What had happened to his parents. He wasn’t sure what to do, which was something that wasn’t right for the normally confident boy. He turned and looked at his friend. “Laurence needs to come too.”

“Kid, I don’t know if-” Alec started, but was interrupted by Sean.

“He grew up with me, in the same town. He’s my best friend, he has to come too.” He said. “I need him to be there.” He said, pleading with the older man.

“Fine.” Alec said. “Get in the car, the both of you.” He added.

It wasn't until they were in the car and driving back, that Sean realized that Mara was with them, in her cat form. But he didn't say anything, because his mind was too busy wiht what Alec had told him. He hoped that his parents were okay.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

When they got back to the Academy, Alessandra was waiting for them, standing outside of the school’s main entrance. Dr. Grammer was with her, the blue furred man standing near her, in his suit. Alec parked the car near them and got out. Sean stepped out of the car first, looking unsure of what was going on around him. This was to be expected, and Alessandra stopped from doing what she wanted to do, which was to use her telepathy to clamp down on the boy’s fears, to reassure him that everything was going to be okay. Unfortunately, she knew that she couldn’t do that, it wasn’t right. Instead, she held open her arms and put a warm smile on her face.

The teen embraced her, and squeezed his eyes shut.

“Your parents are going to be okay.” Alessandra said.

“Are you sure?” Sean asked and she nodded. “How do you know?”

“I just know.” She said. She remembered when she had been a teenager. All of her friends had been all tough and wanting to be independent. But the first time that trouble struck, all of them still reverted to being children and needing their parents’ help and love. Reminded that she had lost her parents not too long ago to people who hated mutants, she swallowed the rising lump in her throat and looked at Shane. “Dr. Grammer is going to be accompanying you to England, to Essex.” She said. Her eyes lifted and went past the boy to Laurence Hague. “You’re welcome to go as well.”

“Thank you, ma’am.” Laurence said with a small smile. “Much obliged, the Wrights’ are like parents to me too.”

“We can leave, as soon as you’re ready.” Shane said, gently.

Post by peayitforward »

Back at the arcade, Audrey looked at the rest of the kids. "What was that all about?" She asked.

"No idea." Leland said, remaining tight lipped.

"Really." Audrey said back to her. "The girl who can predict the future."

"Just because I know it, doesn't mean I have to talk about it all the time."

Audrey thought about that for a moment. "You got a point. Back to the game?" She asked.

"Are you sure everything will be okay, though?" Nikhil asked. "I think I'd better talk to Rose." He said and left.

Audrey sighed. "What is it with him?" She asked Leland and Emmett.

Post by RCCrow »

Sean headed up to his room, quietly. He started packing, throwing things roughly into a bag. He paused, slowing when he heard footsteps behind him. Turning, he looked over his shoulder and saw Laurence standing there. Then his vision went blurry as he blinked back tears. His friend stepped up and grabbed him in a hug. It was a role reversal for the two of them. Usually Sean was the one helping Laurence with his problems.

“It’ll be okay.” Laurence said.

“You think?”

“Yeah.” The ginger haired kid said nodding. “I know it will be.”

--

Emmett just chuckled and looked at the game. “I’ll let Leland handle this one.”

Leland sighed. “He likes her.” She said, looking in the direction that Nikhil had disappeared to. She knew a lot about Nikhil, and a lot of what she knew didn’t come from her powers. Leland had learned to be able to read people. She wasn’t that great at it, and that was where her powers helped her, but she had gotten good with the Indian kid. “Rose, he likes Rose. He doesn’t know how to express it, that’s his problem.” She said. “I don’t know if Rose likes him like that.”

Emmett shook his head. “Doesn’t look like that to me.” He said.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

When the two boys came back downstairs, they were all properly packed and ready to go. Laurence had thrown a few things into his bag, but he was fairly certain that his parents probably had not thrown any of his things out so he’d have clothes back home. At least, he hoped he did. The ginger haired kid stood quietly with Sean as they waited for Dr. Grammer. He looked over at Sean and frowned. The cat girl, Mara, was sitting on Sean’s hastily packed suitcase, in her cat form. There was something not right about that. It was a weird mutant power, that was for sure.

“Blimey, Sean, you think that professor can take anymore time?” He asked, the words coming out before he could stop himself.

“I’m sure there’s a good reason. I hope so. I don’t want to be late, I hope everything’s okay.”

“Everything will be fine.” Shane Grammer said as he walked towards them. “I was putting my things into the plane.”

“The plane?” Laurence asked, as he started walking in the direction that Grammer gestured. Sean ignored the comment, moving with purpose past the two, walking down the hallway. “We’ve got a plane here? Just how rich is this school?”

Grammer ignored the comment.

Post by RCCrow »

Little Mara Martin navigated around the private plane, settling down underneath Sean’s seat. Curling up into something of a ball, she closed her eyes, letting her ears gather the information that she would need. Unnoticed by the other kids, she knew that this was going to be a long flight, but that she’d be there for Sean if he needed her.

As for Sean, he was sitting in his seat, trying not to worrry. Laurence was a bit nervous but that was because being in the plane bothered him a bit. Flying wasn’t something that he did too often and he didn’t particularly enjoy it that much. Dr. Grammer had sat down across from them, and had gotten himself a bottle of water. He had grabbed each kid a bottle as well, but both Sean and Laurence’s sat untouched.

The plane took off without an issue, and soon they were up in the air. Grammer looked at Sean and smiled. “So, tell me about your parents.” He said.

“Well, they’re parents. You know...regular people.” He said.

Grammer smiled and nodded. “Regular people.” He said, absentmindedly looking down at his blue fur. “I can understand that.” Looking over at Laurence, he spoke again. “What is your mutation, Laurence?” He asked.
"I declare War!!"~Peay
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Laurence looked at the blue furry man. “Uh, well, my mutation revolves around some strange stuff.”

“Really? Fascinating, tell me more.”

“Well, I kind of...I’m like a frog or a toad or something.”

Gramer nodded slowly. “You’re only interesting me more. Keep going.”

“I don’t know everything I can do, I haven’t had a lot of time to really...explore it, I guess. But blimey, what I do know I can do is really cool.” He said, the last part getting rushed as he got a little excited.

Post by RCCrow »

“Mutations are such an interesting thing for me to learn about. They’re so varied, so unique.”

“Like individual people.” Laurence said, hoping that he was saying something brilliant.

“Exactly.” Grammer said with a smile, leaning back in his chair. “I remember when my mutation first popped up. You can imagine the overwhelming situation that I was put into, everything turning blue.”

“Not to mention the fur.” Laurence said, before he could stop himself. His face reddened a bit, as he wasn't sure if he had said something that would upset the professor. That was the last thing he wanted to do and he hoped that he hadn't. As he saw from the older man's expression, he hadn't done that at all. In fact, it looked as though the comment had made the other man amused.

“Quite right.” The other said, coming close to chuckling. “But in the end, it gave me a unique perspective on life, and the different things that make us different that also make us the same.”

“What do you mean?” Sean asked, getting into the conversation a bit.

“The mutation makes me different, and technically yes, we are a different species, but we’re still the same as homo sapiens in many ways. We feel, just the same. We think, just the same. In that regard, there’s nothing different about us, whatsoever.” Grammer said. “If other people could understand that, it would go a long way in solving mutant-human relations.”
"I declare War!!"~Peay
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

“I remember when I was younger they had anti-mutant rallies in town.” Laurence said after a few moments of silence. “They used to drag...you remember them?” He asked, turning and looking at Sean, who nodded. “Yeah, they used to drag fake bodies in the streets, and light them on fire. Different colors, you know, like purple and green, and stuff like that. Scary times.” He said.

Grammer sighed. “I have been a witness to those things many times in my life.”

“How’d you learn to deal with it?” Laurence asked, earnestly. “I mean, they can get very violent and it’s not always the greatest thing in the world to be reminded that you’re different. Yeah we’re the same, like you said, but we’re still very different, professor.”

Post by RCCrow »

“The long and short of it is that you don’t. You can’t. You never fully become numb to it, or able to ignore it. Especially when it gets violent. It’s something that you always keep, in the back of your mind, whenever things gets tough or things get quiet and you’re alone with your own thoughts.” Grammer said. He realized then that he was getting a bit too dark for the boys and so he smiled, to clear the cloud of thought that was in the air. “But that’s why you’re at the school. So that you have a better chance than those who came before you of establishing and more importantly, maintaining relations with homo sapiens. They have reason to fear us, sure, but there are more reasons to trust us and more reasons to accept us.”

He looked out of the window. “It’s one of the reasons why I believe in Massachusetts’ Academy. It’s a wonderful place for mutants to grow up and bond. It’s why you, the next generation, will be pushed so very hard.” He looked back at them, and the smile was wider. “I’m sure that you’ll be up to the task.”

--

They’d continued playing the game, but Leland had been able to tell that Audrey’s attention was clearly somewhere else. Emmett’s attention was clearly focused on the game and that was fine. He liked that sort of thing. Leland walked over to Audrey and leaned against the table, before speaking, keeping her voice down. “Maybe you should go talk to Nikhil.” She said, her eyebrows lifting.
"I declare War!!"~Peay

Post by peayitforward »

"Me, talk to him?" Audrey asked. "Why would I...that doesn't really make much sense. No. I don't think so." She said, shaking her head. Then she stopped and looked at Leland. "Why?"

Post by RCCrow »

"I'm just saying, you never know." Leland replied.

"She's being, what's the word, vague." Emmett said, snapping his fingers.

Leland looked back at Audrey and gave her a sweet smile. "Go on little duckling. Go." She said, making a shooing motion with her hands, and then shoving Audrey a little so that she was forced to move in the direction of Nikhil.
"I declare War!!"~Peay

Post by peayitforward »

Audrey gave Leland a scowl before turning back to where Nikhil was sitting, drinking from a bottle of Diet Coke. He had a plate of french fries and a cheeseburger and seemed to be enjoying himself. She stopped short of the table and looked at him, giving him a small smile, when he paused and looked up at her. “Mind if I join you?” She asked and he shook his head.

Pulling out a chair, she sat down. The waitress in the little food section of the arcade came over. “Um...I’ll have a chili dog.” Audrey said after a moment. “And...a ginger ale.” She added. She waited until the waitress had left. “So how do you like Massachusetts’ Academy so far?” She asked.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

"It's a pretty fun place." Nikhil said, trying to remember the girl's name. Then it came to him Audrey. Audrey Reeve. She was British and the daughter of one of the teachers. He had her father for Politics and Current Events. He was a pretty good teacher, the man seemed to be up on everything. Probably did a lot of reading. "What about you? Ae you adjusting to everything alright?" He asked.

Post by peayitforward »

"Everyone's accents is really weird." Audrey replied, relaxing a bit. She leaned back when the waitress brought her food. "People around here are pretty friendly, very accepting." She said. Giving him a sidelong glance, she added, "Especially, um, Rose Decker." She said, and then grabbed a bite of her food.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

"Our accents are weird?" He said with a laugh. "Let's not forget that Laurence Hague and Sean Wright are British. Mr. Partridge is-"

"He's something else."

"Yeah, that's for sure." Nikhil said. "He sure is. Something tells me that this is going to be the most interesting school year that I've ever had." He added, trying to make sure that they didn't talk about Rose. It wasn't a subject that he wanted to discuss, really.

Post by peayitforward »

She noticed that he didn't want to talk about Rose. Either he hadn't heard her, or he was ignoring her. It seemed like the latter. "Yeah, should be more interesting than my years back home." She said. "We don't...we don't have any classes together, do we?" Audrey asked. "I figured they wouldn't give me a class with my dad, but I don't think I know anyone from my classes. None of them are here, I think." She said.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

"I think we have Mutation together." He said. "Professor Santiago." He added. "I sit towards the back of the class, you may not have noticed me." Nikhil added, his cheeks tinging slightly. He was about to say something else, when Rose and Drake came over. Drake plopped down into a chair uninvited. That was just the way that he was. Besides, Nikhil was his roommate, so he felt invited just because of that. Rose stopped, standing next to Drake for a second before she sat down.

"Hey Audrey, how is everything?" She asked.