The Jedi Temple on Ossus

18 years after the Battle of Yavin...
A divergent, persistent and interactive Star Wars timeline with a rich history and established characters.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Secret Squirrel

Re: The Jedi Temple on Ossus

Post by Foxx »

Pryde2000 wrote:"Arilyn," the Sylarian replied, "I'm Master Chirushk's padawan. I heard he came over here from Onderon so I was going to see him. Would you like to come with?"

She doubted the other girl would, Chirushk had a bit of a reputation about him and most people tended to stay out of his way. He also had the unfortunate tendency to rub off of the easily impressionable Arilyn who had adopted some of his more--colorful habits. Still, though, Arilyn thought she should ask, it was the polite thing to do.
"Sure, I don't see why not." Kayla said with a shrug. The two of them started to walk through the hallways of the Temple. "I've been hearing a lot about this situation they call it over at Mon Calamari. Do you know anything about that?" She asked as they walked. The spacer had thought that maybe she should go help. But Kayla knew that she was a good pilot, nothing more. She didn't deserve the title of a Jedi yet. Probably not for a while. So it didn't make sense for her to interfere and stick her nose where it didn't belong. It would be smarter to let the people who knew what they were doing and had the ability to make a difference go. What would she do, besides get in the way?
DX Army Cadet

Post by Mandalore_The_Uniter »

This time, Sache didn't know the technique, so she had to join her husband and Alliera in a hit-and-miss practice method. After a few minutes, the members of the 'family' got the methodology, and was now practicing thier technique. The 'Family' took turns making the Holo-Cam static up, each time the 'Force Flash' was more effective, untill they were satisfied with the results. After everyone was done, Alliera looked like she wanted to show something. "Excuse me, I would like to demonstrate several discreet takedowns." Alliera says, walking up to the front of the class "Can I have a volunteer?"
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht »

Sanib nodded. "I would volunteer, but perhaps someone larger?"

A tall young woman named Mahana Sira, who had been on the Sojourn with Bannon and Sache, nodded and stepped forward. "Go for it," she said.
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

Arilyn only barely registered that the other girl was speaking, she was too lost in her own thoughts. "Um, what?" She said, her brain finally catching up with her ears, "Oh yeah, um... No, I don't know anything about that."

She continued to walk in silence for a moment, quietly contemplating to herself. Finally she looked up at the girl and said, "So you came from Onderon, right? How... How bad was it?"

Keira Sage couldn't help but feel like she was being watched. She had taken to wandering the halls of the temple trying to make herself scarce after her talk with Adam the night before. The last thing she wanted was to run into him again and receive another lecture. He just won't let up about that stupid Jedi Shadows thing. She knew Adam was following her and she had half a mind to tell him exactly what she thought about the Shadows.

"Adam, why don't you just--," she started just before she spun around to give him a piercing gaze only it wasn't Adam standing behind her. It was some kind of strange animal... No, not an animal, a child. The girl stared up at her a moment then quickly darted around a corner out of sight.

What the frell, Keira thought to herself then she just shrugged and continued on her way. All the while she could feel the girl's eyes on her. What's this kid's deal? She glanced back over her shoulder again to catch a glimpse of the child darting behind another corner though her tail still fluttered out in the open. Keira threw her arms up in exasperation and wandered out into the garden. She found a nice quiet place to sit and took to watching the clouds soar by overhead.

Metellos didn't have clouds, at least not in the sense that Ossus has clouds. The smog and toxin in the air was so thick one couldn't see the sky from the surface unless they were standing in one of Metellos' grand floating cities. Here everything was different, everything was peaceful and in a strange kind of way that bothered her. She was too used to running for her life and trying to survive and as much as she hated it a part of her still missed it. Perhaps that was why she stuck around on Coruscant far longer than any Jedi ever did after the Empire had attacked.

Sighing her eyes fell from the sky to her feet and that's when she saw her. The little wolf child was standing in front of the bench staring up at her. Keira had had just about enough of this girl's antics and her hand unconsciously balled into a fist. "Whaddya want," she snapped and the girl cocked her head to the side.

Keira stared at her a moment, wondering if the girl could even understand her. Finally, the wolf pup climbed onto the bench and into Keira's lap. "H-hey," Keira cried but the child just ignored her and promptly went to sleep. With nothing else better to do Keira just placed her hand on the girl's head, gently brushing her hair as she went back to cloud gazing.

Meanwhile, a short distance away, Adam came upon a curious sight. The Jedi Historian, Jade Kitana, was leaning against a wall and carefully peeking her head out around the corner. "Jade, what are you--," he started to ask and she quickly shushed him.

"Something extraordinary is happening," she whispered and she beckoned him forward. Adam shrugged then walked over to see what the woman was talking about. There in the courtyard with the little wolf child lying in her lap was his sister. The sight had been so adorable that it made him smile.

"Come on, let's leave them be," Jade said to Adam then she grabbed him by the arm and gently pulled him away...
DX Army Cadet

"Now, most of you may think the ligbtsaber is you're greatest weapon." Alliera says, motioning for Mahana to remain still "That thinking is what got alot of Jedi killed during the Clone Wars and Purges." With that said, Alliera slipped behind the volunteer, and put her arm around her neck gently. "You're mind is you're greatest weapon." Alliera said, clasping her hand on her volunteer's mouth "What I'm doing now is a choke hold, and covering the volunteer's mouth, from this possition you can choke out you're oponent or you can snap thier neck and drag them into the shadows." Alliera let go of Mahana, and backed off, having her hands up in the air. "A lightsaber, while usefull in many cercumstances can get you killed as easily in silent ops." Alliera said, walking up to her volunteer "If you have a knife, use it, but you're hands work in a pinch." Alliera walked up to Mahana, and offered her hand, "Thanks for you're assitance Miss..." Alliera said, fishing for a name "Would you be willing to assist me further?"
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht »

"Sira, Mahana Sira. Listen, kid, don't be afraid to throw me around a little. You seem to know what you're doing."
Secret Squirrel

Post by Foxx »

"I was on the transports before the damage could really set in." Kayla said with a sad look. "I wish that we could have done more, but I don't know what we could have done against firepower like that. I don't think that the Temple at Onderon had the offensive or defensive capabilities to fight against something like that." She said. "Well, obviously it didn't, the Temple isn't there anymore." The spacer said. "How long have you been a part of the Jedi Order?" She asked.
DX Army Cadet

"Oh, now you and I must spar later." Alliera says, before gesturing for Mahana to come at her "Now, what I want to demonstrate is how to simply down a rushing oponent."
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht »

"All right, then."

Mahana set herself and was about to charge, when someone raised a hand.

"Hold on," said Sanib quietly, lowering his hand. "Our time is brief; I should like to see us escalate. Rach Kol-Rekali, perhaps you could stand in for Mahana?"

A very tall young man stepped forward. Considerably larger than Mahana, he'd be harder to throw. He nodded at Alliera, then charged.
DX Army Cadet

"Uhh, because of the sudden change, I'm gonna halfta do something a little more complicated." Alliera says, waitng for Rach to get into range "Now I don't suggest this be done willy-nilly, this can be almost as damaging to you as to your oponent." Once Rach get's close enough Alliera jumps up and grabs him by the neck, keeping her legs up, so they both collide with the ground. once the collision sounded, Alliera patted Rach on the sholdier, "Didn't kill you, did I?"
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht »

The shaggy young spacer smirked and rolled her off of him, then got up. "No, I guess not." He pondered the maneuver she'd just used. "Show me that one again?"

Sanib nodded. "Yes. Please - again."

"Do you want me to charge you straight, again?" he said, settling his weight, getting ready to charge.
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

"About as long as I've been alive," Arilyn answered almost as a reflex. She hadn't intended to say that but it was not an exaggeration. All she had even known from the moment she first "woke up" was the Jedi Order. Granted her life had started nearly half a year ago whereas the original Fiona had lived an entire lifetime and then some before her, but then the original Fiona was insane and Arilyn wondered if she too would end up like that some day.

Insanity doesn't run in your bloodline. Your predecessor was driven mad by circumstances that were beyond her control. Even those words were no comfort to her, nor was the knowledge of the circumstances surrounding her birth. She was created for the sole purpose of being the vessel of a being much more powerful than anyone could have imagined. If she had been captured on that planet... She dare not even think about it. As it stood now the powerful Force entity was trapped in the form of a tree and unable to move from where its roots were dug. As long as Arilyn stayed away from it the galaxy would be safe.

"Anyway," she said, changing the subject, "I suppose it's your turn to tell me. How long have you been in the Jedi Order?"
DX Army Cadet

"Yes, go ahead." Alliera said, before turning to the audiance "Now, in real life, never repeat a move with the same oponent."
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht »

Rach charged, and went through with the takedown, letting her put him on the ground. "I'm not sure I like that one," he said frankly as he got up. "Too much energy expended, and staying in the air means you're out of contact with the ground, which means you can't really maneuver. It's unexpected, I'll grant you that, but there are simpler ways to put a big opponent down."

Sanib shuffled forward. "That's a good point. Here." He twisted the far larger Rach into a variety of takedowns, arm bars, and other strange destination shapes, all optimized for a small individual to use against a larger one. Rach hit the mat again and again.

"In general, the lower you are, the stronger you are," said Rach to the group, now in full teacher mode. "Stay low, use the ground against me, attack low. Here, Alliera, give it a try again."

At Sanib's nod, he charged her, curious as to what techniques she would employ.
DX Army Cadet

Alliera quickly slides to the right of Rach, using her left let go try tripping him, while using her right to hit the back of Rach's upper right thigh with the knee...to add to the effect, Alliera his Rack's lower back with a flat palm strike.
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht »

The two rapid-fire blows tossed him off his balance even further; he sprawled into a lazy side roll that brought him up to his feet again. "Quick," he said in some admiration. "That's not a bad combination. I like how you didn't bother trying to meet me head-on."

"I'm glad you like working with her," said Sanib in a dry voice. "I'm seriously considering putting you two together. We work in teams of to, and you may be young but you have the experience. If that's all right with Bannon."
DX Army Cadet

"I's fine with me as long as you take time to teach her while you're together." Bannon said, directing this statement at Rach "She may be a skilled warrior, but she is still a padawan." Alliera nodded, she wouldn't mind working with this guy, he was very good. Alliera got up, and offered her hand for a shake, "That was fun, we'll have to spar sometime."
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht »

Rach shook her hand and nodded. "I've trained before; I'll give this the effort it deserves. And yes - we'll do a lot of sparring."

Sanib clapped his hands. "All right, let's move on. Back to the Force. This is a difficult technique but a useful one, if you can master it." He described in detail what he meant to teach them. Rach nodded; he knew this one already. The technique involved putting someone to sleep, knocking them unconscious. Sanib touched Mahana's temple and she crumpled to the floor; then he woke her up with the Force and she got up, dizzy.

"All right," said Rach, "if you think you know how to do it now, give it a try, and I'll give you a head start for that before I try to knock you out. And...go."
DX Army Cadet

Alliera moved back over to her family, and started learning the technique with them, making moderate progress. After a long bit of practice, Alliera and her 'family' got the basic idea of the technique.
Gonzo Bodhisattva

Post by xfiend1013 »

Medical Bay: Ossus

Uniodon had made himself a cup of tea and he was watching the leaves impart their color to the water.

Balance. He thought to himself. He knelt on the hard ceramic floor - a new antiseptic surface - and went through his breathing exercises. He stretched his pressure points and the joints in his arm.

Then he put his forehead to the floor and recited the Jedi Code. The Old Jedi Code.

There is no emotion, only peace. He said it softly, almost imperceptible in the room filled with medical machines.

He bent down and touched his forehead to the floor.

There is no ignorance, only knowledge. He intoned, repeating his motion.

He continued quickly, with impeccable muscle control for a man his age.

There is no passion, only serenity.

There is no death, only the Force.

Uniodon stood, and went about his business.
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht »

"All right," said Sanib, "now we're going to duel with just that technique. Mahana, with me; Bannon and Sache, with each other; Mort, with Kubindi; Alzabel, with Urm; Alliera, duel Rach. Stand facing each other and see who's first to knock the other out with this Force technique." He waited as they paired off, then nodded. "All right - go!"

Rach's hand shot up, trying to touch Alliera's temple.
DX Army Cadet

Alliera ducked out of the way of the shot, and aimed a destraction-punch towards Rach's midsection while really aiming a Sleep-touch at his arm. Bannon and Sache started dueling with touches and punches, but both knew thier styles so well, that noone hit during the whole duel.
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht »

Rach batted the punch away, but sagged as the slap connected. He closed his eyes and focused on the Force to stay on his feet, then responded with a series of light touches at arms, shoulders, leading legs, even face, trying to connect with the same technique.
Secret Squirrel

Post by Foxx »

Pryde2000 wrote:"About as long as I've been alive," Arilyn answered almost as a reflex. She hadn't intended to say that but it was not an exaggeration. All she had even known from the moment she first "woke up" was the Jedi Order. Granted her life had started nearly half a year ago whereas the original Fiona had lived an entire lifetime and then some before her, but then the original Fiona was insane and Arilyn wondered if she too would end up like that some day.

Insanity doesn't run in your bloodline. Your predecessor was driven mad by circumstances that were beyond her control. Even those words were no comfort to her, nor was the knowledge of the circumstances surrounding her birth. She was created for the sole purpose of being the vessel of a being much more powerful than anyone could have imagined. If she had been captured on that planet... She dare not even think about it. As it stood now the powerful Force entity was trapped in the form of a tree and unable to move from where its roots were dug. As long as Arilyn stayed away from it the galaxy would be safe.

"Anyway," she said, changing the subject, "I suppose it's your turn to tell me. How long have you been in the Jedi Order?"
"Not for too long." Kayla said. "I joined only about a month or so before the Temple was attacked." She added. "I'm hoping that I might be able to find someone who wants to be my master. I'm just a spacer really, I'm not even sure yet why I'm here. I mean, I only just found out that I'm Force sensitive, you know? This whole thing has been pretty weird for me."
DX Army Cadet

Alliera dodged back, but not fast enough to avoid the touch to the leg. Alliera dropped to the ground with a yelp, her leg appearently asleep. Alliera rolled forward and propelled herself at Rach in a flying tackle.
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht »

Alliera's shoulder hit his gut and Rach was carried off his feet as the breath was knocked from his lungs. He tucked his head to keep from knocking it on the floor. He scrambled up, trying to grapple with her; her attack had caught him by surprise but he was willing to return the favour.

The Elom Jedi Knight clapped his hands sharply. "All right," he said, "that's enough for today. We're getting a bit off track here. We've arranged for certain things - some of you are going on missions, some of you are headed for special training. Big things are happening in the galaxy.

"Rach, I'd like you and Alliera to go check out a buried vault about a hundred kilometres from here. It's supposed to have a Dark Side artifact in it that needs to be contained or destroyed, and we can't have just anyone finding it."
DX Army Cadet

"Understood." Alliera said, nodding to the Jedi "I may have the equipment to dispose of it." Alliera walked up to Rach gestured for him to follow her, "I'm gonna need my armor if we're goin' to face dark side stuff." She said, before leaning into Rach "And I have some explosives that could blow it up."
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

Jedi Master Faye Ward returned to the temple with little pomp and circumstance. She arrived via one of the Skywalker's landing shuttles and made her way straight into the Council Chambers The other Council members were deep in discussion about the war with Sivter, the threat from Trayus and the attack on Onderon but Faye interrupted it all when she stormed into the center of the room.

"Master Sage, I would have a word with you," she said before any of her peers could question her arrival, or her departure. She glanced at the others momentarily before fixing Adam with a determined stare, "Alone."
Gonzo Bodhisattva

Post by xfiend1013 »

When Uniodon was satisfied with something, you could bet it had taken a very long time.

The obstacle course that was to be Crick's Knight Trial had taken a very long time. Months, even. All the while, the old man had been hoping that the Verpine would start to show some sort of backbone.

Though, he had an exoskeleton. Uniodon wondered what creatures with exoskeletons used as a metaphor for bravery. "He's got a hell of a neural groove? Wow she sure showed some pronotum?"

He shrugged. The huge pillars were ready, the bridge was constructed, the statues were in place.

One of them was alive. Given a semblance of life, that is, through the force. It had been "informed" about Crick, and it would certainly try to pummel the Verpine. Uniodon hoped it wouldn't kill him, the golem was slow and unwieldy, but incredibly strong. It was, in many respects, the exact opposite of what Crick was.

Pylons jutted through the trial arena. Traversing them would be a test - ropes and trip-wires and climbing walls, ramps and moats, hidden jets of flame, stun lasers. It could prove lethal - all of the Knighthood Trials could. But it wasn't especially dangerous. They weren't trying to kill him.

Though you could not have convinced the Verpine Jedi of it. He was waiting outside, stripped of his lightsaber-cane and of his datapad that he was constantly browsing. Uniodon felt that his attachment to it was a bit unhealthy, that a Jedi shouldn't spend so much time on the holonet, but in his heart he approved - most of what Crick was doing was learning. Jedi Lore, stories of old battles, notes on old techniques. He spent so much time learning these things that he never had the time to practice them, never had the time to master the Force. But knowledge, Uniodon knew, was a powerful thing.

"You're supposed to be meditating." Uniodon said as he walked out of the arena, closed the heavy doors behind him. "Getting your wits about you, getting yourself ready."

"I know, master." Crick said.

"Don't call me 'master.' Makes me sound old."

"You're ancient."

"Exactly. I don't need the help. Also, I'm not technically a master. Just a Knight."

"So when do I start?" Crick asked.

"Anytime you want."
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht »

"Armour is a good idea," Rach said cheerfully, then blinked as Alliera leaned into him. She was an attractive girl, no question; who wasn't, around here? "Explosives, yep, also a good back-up plan. It may turn out to not need destroying. We'll have to take a look. Let's swing by your place and pick up your gear."

They headed out into the Temple compound, going through the streets until they found Alliera's place. "I have what I need - blaster, lightsabre; I don't use armour much these days. Tell you what," he said, half-joking, as they went inside, "you draw their fire and I'll give you mobile fire support."
Centurio

Post by Archangel »

[OOC: Cross-posting with the Onderon thread.]

Feldar had heard that Jedi Master Faye Ward would be leaving soon with the Skywalker, returning to Ossus with some of the Jedi wounded. He had collected his things, and boarded the large flying praxeum post-haste. He had been assigned a small room, normally intended for Jedi stationed on and training in the vessel. Feldar did not mind the close quarters, but he did mind being alone. He left his new arm, now nearly built, in its case under his bunk and he made his way to one of the cantina-style meeting areas on the ship. He mixed and mingled, meeting a few new faces and generally being friendly. He was pleased that he managed to cheer up a few of the glum expressions with squeaky conversation.

The trip to Ossus was otherwise uneventful. When they arrived, the wounded - Feldar included - were shuttled down in shifts, depending on who needed help the most. Of course, Master Ward - whom Feldar had intentionally avoided the entire trip - was the first one down. She clearly had important business. Hopefully, taking care of that would soothe her darkening aura in the Force. She was angry, and she was letting it slip into her impression on the Force around her. Feldar was trying to brighten lives, and Faye apparently wanted to darken at least one life. Feldar hoped that discussing things with the rest of the Jedi Council would improve her disposition and calm her passions.

Ossus was a beautiful place. Feldar had never been. He had intended to travel to Ossus shortly after the Council and many of the Jedi on Onderon made the trip, but he had wanted to attend to some issues in the other Temple, hoping to improve technological efficiency in some areas. He had not gotten around to that, either, when the attack began. Now, though, he was glad to have journeyed to Ossus. The route down in the shuttle showed off the beauty of the new Temple, a large structure filled with waterways and artificial rivers.

The wait for a boat to carry him to the new Temple was longer than the wait for the shuttle had been aboard the Skywalker. There had not been a great number of survivors from Onderon, but there had been enough that progress in moving them into the city was slow. Once arrived in the harbor, Feldar had been escorted with the others, luggage in tow, to the medical center, in the north wing of the library. Feldar kept his attention in the Force on his surroundings at all times. He noticed that they passed a few statues which seemed to emanate a sentience beyond their appearance. He made a mental note to return to one of these statues at some point.

As they entered the library, Feldar saw a cloaked woman watching their progress. He smiled, but she made no reply. He did not know who she was, but she seemed to be in charge, and she was powerful in the Force. When at last they reached the medical center, he saw Master Chirushk working quickly on some necessary surgeries among the few survivors who still needed rapid attention. Feldar was glad to see a familiar face. The Mriss healer would get to the others in time, including Feldar - and Feldar had a special request of him.

There was an Ysanna there, but Feldar could sense only minimal Force abilities from her. She seemed to be in charge of the logistics of incorporating these new Jedi into the Temple. She was issuing temporary house assignments until final arrangements could be made. Feldar wanted to tell her not to worry too much about final arrangements for him. He had every intention of returning to Onderon to help with the reconstruction of the Temple, even if he could not stay long. He dearly longed to be out in the Galaxy, helping those who needed him. He did not yet know how he would accomplish that, but he knew that he needed to travel and help as many as he could to find the light in their lives and grow stronger against the darkness.

Even so, she assigned him a temporary lodging and he went there, unloading what few belongings he had. Then he took the case his new arm was in and he made his way back to the medical center to speak with Chirushk. The Chadra-Fan found Chirushk observing a young Jedi who had been badly wounded at Onderon, but was transported in a bacta tank all the way down to this medical center from the Skywalker. Feldar was sad to say that he did not know her. Still, Chirushk did not seem busy. Feldar approached the Mriss with a smile.

Post by Halcyon508 »

Adam led Faye into a back office, lit only by holographic displays. Information was present about Kuat Drive Yards, a planet named Tarix and schematics for various ships coupled with dates and times. A wave of the hand ceased the holographic displays preventing Faye from seeing anymore information as the lights slowly turned on. "We are alone now Master Ward." He said. He examined the woman and frowned a bit, "I assume you're here to talk about Onderon?"

Medbay

The boy slept peacefully in the bed. The doctors couldn't tell what was wrong with him, there seemed to be no cause for the youths unconsciousness. Iara had sat next to him for several hours each day and noticed a multitude of visitors. The Jedi Grandmaster came in nearly daily along with the rest of the boys brothers. Felicity and Jace visited often together before they left and Alu insisted that she be allowed to come and visit every few days. Everyone who knew the boy sat in momentary vigil for him, as time permitted, but there was another. Ember Rekali's youngest came frequently to the medbay to sit by the boys bed and watch. It was disconcerting to Iara that she did so, but the girls presence seemed to have a calming effect on the room so she didn't press the issue.

As Iara stared at the padawan she noticed something peculiar, out of place for the norm. The boys eyes were moving under his eyelids, an indication that he was dreaming. The first dream since he had fallen into his coma. Iara leaned in and squeezed his hand. "Mikhail..." the woman said as the movement slowed and then stopped. The boys eyes opened slowly as if the lids were heavy...

...As his eyes opened the first thing he saw was a Tw'lek with a single lekku leaning over with a smile on her face. "I'm sorry master...." He said struggling to sit up. Suddenly a faint glowing aura surounded him and his entire body felt refreshed and in invigorated. moving to the side of the bed he noticed the girl in the corner and smiled at her, "Hello Benna." He said. It was as though he knew her even though they had never met. Stretching his arms and legs as he stood and his face blanked out into an expression of dismay. "Where is Felicity?" he asked sensing something awry with his kin.
Domani, forget domani
Let's live for now and anyhow who needs domani?
~ Frank Sinatra, Forget Domani
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht »

After the Battle of Mon Calamari...

Iara blinked at the aura. Seeing Mikhail awake and functional for the first time since Ruusan affected her more than she'd anticipated. She didn't tear up, but as she looked at him she felt something important slide into place. Something was right with the universe for once. The price he'd paid to take Sirena's power hadn't been permanent after all.

She'd feared he would never wake up.

"Mikhail...you don't need to apologize, not after what you've done. Welcome back."

She cut him off with a fierce hug. Beside them, Benna Kol-Rekali made a shy smile.

"Felicity Sage?" said Iara when she'd got her breath back. Mikhail made a squeaky sound; she suspected she was holding her Padawan too tightly. She let go and stepped back. "Felicity was...Felicity was taken, Mikhail. Not from the Temple, but from a city elsewhere on Ossus. We don't know who took her, not yet."

"The people who took her talked with a man with a red-and-white face and waist-length black hair," said Benna.

Iara blinked. "How did you-"

Benna looked just as surprised. "I have no idea."

"That's Sorosel - Ald Sorosel. Frack. Why does he need Jedi? This isn't like him. Last I heard he was holed up in the Sith'ari Centrality somewhere." She shook her head. "This isn't like him. Sorosel's amoral, but he's got an altruistic streak a mile wide. Well, half a mile. If he took her, it was for something important to him."

Post by Halcyon508 »

"We need to tell Adam." Mikhail said frowning.

"He knows." Iara replied. "But he has more important things to worry about."

"What could be more important than saving Felicity?" Mikhail yelled loudly getting a scolding look from one of the doctors.

Iara sighed, "The temple on Onderon has been destroyed."

The boy didn't appear surprised, however his features did soften. "By a massive Star Destroyer." The youth set his eyes down to the stone flooring. "I thought it was a dream, a nightmare. And Sirena, the Valley?" Closing his eyes he thought for a moment and then proceeded, "We won, but the valley its power..." Looking up he noticed Iara staring deeply into his eyes. "Benna are you sure of what you said?" The girl nodded.

"Then we must find Max and Jace, they will go after Felicity with us." He walked out of the med-bay with a singular purpose. Through corridors and halls he marched all the while reaching out with his senses trying to find his brother and friend. "If the destruction of the temple wasn't a dream then Jace is also his apprentice now right?"

Turning a corner he found Max sitting over a display with information. Jace likewise was sifting through reports on datapads from rangers and other information brokers. It was clear the two were finding nothing of note. Mikhail called his name. "Mikhail when did you wake up?" He asked looking back at his little brother.

"It doesn't matter. We have information about Felicity." Benna, bless her heard, had followed him and Mikhail gently placed her in front of him. "Tell them."
Domani, forget domani
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht »

Benna took a deep breath. "I'm a flow-walker," she said. "There are only four of us. We can see the past - and when I sit with you, Mikhail, it's so much easier. I see things I didn't intend...anyways. When you said her name I saw her - saw the men and women that took her, and the person they were talking to via holonet. The man had a white face, tattooed straight white, with jagged red patterns encroaching on his cheeks. Red eyes, waist-length black hair." She pulled out a pad of paper and sketched the facial tattoos.

"His name is Ald Sorosel," said Iara. "He was a Detori, well, geek. Alchemist, slicer - liked to poke around in why things worked they way they did. Figured out how Lyn's Dark Side healing worked. Couldn't do much else besides lightning, but he was always disproportionately good at lightning. An altruist, to some degree. When I invaded the Anari sector, he stayed one step ahead of me for months. If he's taken your friend, it's because she's important for something he wants very badly. Either that or he's changed quite a bit.

"And I know how to find him. I'll talk with Adam and get us clearance and supplies. I assume you're all in?"

Post by Halcyon508 »

Max stared at Iara a faint smile appearing on his face. "If you have a plan then we're in." Jace stepped forward and hugged his friend excited. "We'll go and find Felicity and bring her back." Turning he looked up at Max and then said, "Right master?" asked questioningly.

"Yes Jace." Max said. "We shall bring her back with all haste."

The group prepared, got permission and checked out equipment for their mission before leaving the temple...
Domani, forget domani
DX Army Cadet

Alliera walked out of her room, wearing her armor with a light jedi robe over it, Chuckling at Rach's half-joke. "You just want a chance to look at my butt." Alliera said, smirking
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht »

Rach chuckled. "You've got about as much subtlety as a gundark, but sure - I don't mind being in a girl's quarters. Let's head out, shall we? You have what we need."
DX Army Cadet

"I don't do subtle..." Alliera said, leading the way out of the dwelling "It's not in my DNA."
As Alliera and Rach walk through the temple complex, alliera kept her hood up.

"I have a question." Alliera asked, looking at Rach "What's your story?"
False Dichotomy

Post by Beorht »

Rach laughed. "Fine as far as I'm concerned."

They came to the speeder bays; Rach took the driver's seat. After Alliera got in, he took the speeder out across the river and into the forests of Ossus.

"My story? Well... I was born in a place where time passes differently, on a huge starship that was sent to explore it. Then later, my parents crash-landed while fighting the Cult of Shadow, and we grew up on an uninhabited planet fighting the Cult and their children over the course of years. I've only been in the civilized galaxy for a year, year and a half - heh." He laughed. "Before that, the only girls I knew were Cultists. What's your story?"