Destiny Entwined

A free-form writing forum set in the Star Wars Universe...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Post by Gonesolo »

Slithly bemused by her new friends frustration Ariane allowed herself a slight smile.

"Try the backup system it's not holonet but it should get the message across"

A sense of dread passed over her as she started the ship diagnostics, slowly the computer started to pull in information from all parts of the ship. As the information started to fill the screens a shiver ran down her spine, her body quivered uncontrolably for a split second.

A memory suddenly entered her head, the last time she remembered freedom, she had escaped the slave ship and fleed to Corellia. Times were so different back then so many things had changed. Then a sudden realisation dawned on the young woman, the memory, it was not hers, it belonged to her mother.

A sudden thought flashed through her head.

"What year is it? I think I have a lot to catch up on!"
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Rissk paused, turned and frowned at Ariane. The question was so simple, yet the answer so elusive. She scratched her head, her reptillian lips moving silently as she calculated the year that it most likely was.

Eventually sh shrugged, " Hmmph! Good question.. It's about the 20th year of Palpatines reign I think, give or take 5 years.... Frell I should know... My heads a mess..."

Looking down at her console again, slightly dismayed, Rissk fumbled with the controls until the transmitter whirred into life, lighting up the console as it did.

"Hah! Got the transmitter online at least! Have you worked out where we are yet?!"

As Rissk looked up Ariane appeared lost in her thoughts, as if breathing a new air that had never been tasted before. The cold glow of the battered consoles and the starlit sky reflected eerily on her face, the smell of charred equipment permeatd the air. In some strange, inconcievable way she seemed to age to Rissk, to an age greater than the small girl who actually stood there...

" Hey you okay!? I said I got the transmitter online!"

Ariane, stirred, frowned slightly, then sighed, " Sorry, I was just thinking..."

Rissk started tapping controls as she spoke, " Have you worked out where we are!? How long will i take us to get to Coruscant!?"

Post by Gonesolo »

Ariane frowned as she looked at the navigation array in front of her.

"We're not far from Corruscant!" she smiled "but the engines are baadly damaged it'll take about two weeks to get there under our own power."

She paused for a moment while she pondered how much the galaxy must have changed since she last was free.

"Do you think you're friend will be able to give us a tow?" she frowned
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

" Raynard? Hmmph! I suppose we could try to contact him... A pity he wasn't here actually - he'd probably be able to coax the engines into life somehow - I don't suppose you know anything about engineering starships?"

Rissk looked hopefully at Ariane, with an air of expectation.

Post by Gonesolo »

"I know less about engineering than I do about current events I'm afraid. To make matters worse my 'engineer' is in pieces on board my freighter" she frowned "I'm afraid this is going to take a while, you might aswell make yourself comfortable!"

Rissk groaned, Ariane could understand why. After years on board this ship she was not looking forward to another two weeks cooped up on board.

She was still pondering this thought when the console in front of her beeped. Quickly looking down she immediatly looked up and out of the view port. As she did a massive wedge shapped monstrous craft exited hyperspace just ahead of them.

"What the FRELL is that?" Ariane exclaimed.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Rissk turned and looked at Ariane, " What is it? Where the frell have you been? "

Rissk started tapping away on her console attempting to get a good solid connection to the craft. She continued talking as she did so, " It's an Imperial Star Destroyer, probably here because we are nearing Coruscant and we don't have docking clearance - this is quitea big ship so they will expect to have been told about our arrival, Hah! They might even think we are rebels!"

Eventually an audio transmission crackled into life, it was a stern sounding middle aged human male voice, " Unidentified vessel, state your crew, purpose and clearance code!"

Rissk picked up the remote mic and barked into it, "This is the registered Bounty Hunter Rissk, we've managed to close down the arena ship and are seeking assistance to get back to Coruscant, the governers daughter has already been taken safely to the surface. We don't have main engines and most of the ships systems have been badly damaged."

There was a slight pause from the speaker, with a few beeps and taps of people accessing information on their consoles in the background. Eventually the speaker crackled into life again.

" This is Captain Orr Chavel, we've checked your story and we're happy with it - we are now going to tractor you in and return you to the Inquisition compound on Coruscant."

The ship juddered as the tractor beam took hold and Rissk caught Ariane scowl at her, " Pah! It's nothing to worry about! They'll just want to see that this WAS the arena ship and take statements off us - don't worry!"

Rissk felt a little uncomfortable as the gaping hangar bay of the Star Destroyer loomed closer. As the ship slid into the bay the large airlock door closed underneath them the ship clicked down onto the hard metal surface.

Rissk frowned at Ariane, who was eyeing her with a little suspicion and distate, "Hmmph! What are you looking at me like THAT for?! What did you want me to do!? Tell them to get stuffed and then wait for them destroy our cripped ship in one hit, tssk! Grrr, everything will be okay - the Empire was responsible for me searching for the Arena Ship in the first place!"

Post by Gonesolo »

Ariane relaxed her stare a little at Rissk.

"I'm a little confused to be honest." she frowned. "What happened to Chancelor Palpatine? When did this Empire rise to power and who is it's Emperor."

"As far as I remember my loyalties are with the Senate and the Jedi council, I guess I should search them out when I get to Corruscant."

She stopped for a moment and thought. "Is master Yoda still at the jedi temple?" she eventually queried.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Rissk frowned at the bizarre alternative reality Ariane was describing. All her life, Emperor Palpatine had bee the ruler of the Universe - she'd never heard of any Jedi Temple, Yoda or Jedi Council?

Outside the ship the rythym of marching feet could be heard, Rissk thought it might be important to bring her new friend up to speed, " Hmmph! I don't know what rock you've been living under or where you think you are from, but that sounds like a load of rubbish to me! Pah! Emperor Palpatine has been the Ruler of Galaxy for as long as I remember! Yoda? Who the frell was Yoda?! Kregor, the Bounty Hunter who enslaved me for many years - he mentioned Jedi once or twice - but he talked about them in the past tense..."

Ariane was looking more and more unsettled at this news, as if she had awakened, only to find the nightmare she had woken to was more terrible than the nightmare she had previously been suffering.

The ramp to the ship could be heard opening in the distance, Rissk shook her head at Ariane, " *Sigh*, It sounds like you are as messed up as me, let me do the talking - we'll get back to Coruscant, you can come and stay at Raynards for a while - he won't mind, and we can work out what the frell is going on..."

Post by Gonesolo »

"Emperor Palpatine???" Ariane quized

"It would appear much has changed while I've been in here. Perhaps you should do the talking so!"

Ariane turned to stand beside her new friend awaiting the arrival of what sounded like thousands of foot steps approaching.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Rissk rubbed her chin thoughtfully, "Hmmph! You have been shut away haven't you?! Emperor Palpatine has been Emperor for as long as I can remember!"

Before the conversation could continue the access hatch could be heard opening, Rissk shook her head at Ariane, "C'mon - I'll fill you in on whats been heppening later if I can, Raynard would be better to speak to, I'm a bit out of sorts myself. Let's go meet them."

As Rissk and Ariane rounded the corner they were met by a smartly uniformed officer, flanked by two rows of stormtroopers, "Good evening citizens, I am Captain Orr Chavel, I've recieved a full briefing on your objectives and status, if you would like to follow me for debriefing... Emperor Palpatine sends his thanks on behalf of the Empire and the government of Coruscant for the service you have done us."

Rissk smiled uneasily and glanced at Ariane. The stormtroopers surrounded them and the group made they way into the Star Destroyer, Rissk shuffling tiredly, with the Imperials marching neatly alongside.

Post by Gonesolo »

Ariane felt, at best, a little overwhelmed. So much had changed. As she looked around her she inspected the uniforms of the troopers around her, they bore some resemblence to the clone trooper armour/uniforms from the clone wars but there were differences.

As they continued down the corridor to the awaiting behemouth that had engulfed her ship she decided it would be best to take Rissk's advice and let her do all the talking. Much had changed and she did not know whethar she still fit in to this new Galaxy. She kept her head down and decided to stay quiet unless someone addressed her directly.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

The pair were led down a long corridor to a conference room with a large round table and a holonet projector in the centre. They were asked to sit down and the debriefing began with the holonet projector flickering into life.

Soon worry turned to boredom as the Captain continued citing regulations and terms of Imperial rewards, as the holonet projector flashed relevant images to what he was saying then died down the Captain handed a form for Rissk to read and sign.

According to the form Imperial Agents had already inspected the Arenaship and were happy that the mission had been completed. "Hmmph! That was fast!" thought Rissk to herself as she finished reading the sheet.

Happy that everything was in order she signed the dotted line and handed the sheet back to the Captain.

"Good, well, hand me your credstick and I'll transfer the reward, we're now docked in Coruscant Imperial Military Starport so you can take the ship and reward and be on your way - my thanks to you and your assistant here, on behalf of the Empire for undertaking this task - due to your success perhaps I can add you to the preferred mercenary list?"

Rissk shrugged at this and handed her credstick over, "Sure why not - if it means more work.."

Throughout this exchange Ariane sat silently, allowing the officer to believe what he wanted to.

Soon Rissk was alot richer and they were standing in a shiny starport, surrounded by military spaceships and Stormtroopers. On a small docking bay, raised above the others stood the Arenaship, scorchmarks and blast damage was easily seen and it looked in a generally sorry state of repair.

Rissk led Ariane off the Stardestroyers ramp and towards her ship, "Hmmm, I think we're in sector G-47, it's only a short hop to Raynards yard we may as well take the ship straight there."

Ariane nodded silently, looking somewhat in awe of her surroundings.

Wearily Rissk strode over to the ship and started the short trek back to the cockpit. Within minutes the arena ship was airborn again, most of the engines were shot and the structure groaned and creaked as it blasted over the starport walls and into Coruscant.

After a few moments flight Rissk pointed at a small gully which led to Raynards sector. As they chugged along Rissk's Gunboat came into view out the front of Raynards workshop. "Hmm, we'd better drop it inthe large courtyard at the back." Said Rissk as she pointed towards a large open area behind the workshop. Slowly the ship drifted down and nestled amongst the piles of spare parts and half empty tool chests.

Rissk breathed a sigh of relief - it was good to be home, and it was time for a beer she thought. Abruptly she stood up and beckoned to Ariane, "C'mon, let's get some food and a drink!"

Post by Gonesolo »

Still lost in a widely different world then she remembered Ariane stayed quiet during the whole de-briefing by the imperial officer. Although she did find him to be rather pompus and quite annoying. She had to concentrate hard to stop herself from jumping up and throttling him. Why, she did not know but she would appear to have a very short temper, perhaps it was all the years in the fights, perhaps the attrocities she had witnessed or forced to part take in, she was not sure but she was never happier as when they released and let back to her ship.

She sat quietly in one of the command chairs as Rissk guided the almost crippled ship towards her friends yard, trying to get a grip on her emotions. She wanted to scream, she wanted to cry but at the same time she wanted to explode. She had a rage inside her that she was not sure she could control, she needed help.

"C'mon, let's get some food and a drink!" Rissks works shocked her, Food, how could she think of food. Then again how could she expect Rissk to understand what she had been through!

"I'll be along shortly!" she replied "I need to do something first"

"You sure" quizzed Rissk looking more than a little puzzled, after all this time as a prisoner on this ship she was fairly sure Ariane would be happy to get out for a while!

"Yes I'm sure" snapped Ariane almost taking Rissk's head off "I'm sorry" she quickly blurted, "Please go I'll be along shortly!"

Confused Rissk set off out of the cockpit towards the exit as Ariane started to pick her way through what remained of the ship to the hanger.......
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Raynard had noticed the lumbering vessel swoop in. As Rissk jogged towards the back door to his workshop he came out and waved, " Rissk! Hi, everything okay?!"

Rissk grinned, "Yep! I got paid! Where's the Senators daughter!?"

Raynard smiled back warmly, " She's left, the Senator came for her shortly after we'd landed. I have a feeling she'll be back with the senator to show his gratitude."

Rissk barged past Raynard into the workshop, "Gah! I'm desperate for a sit down! And a beer! Erm, I brought a friend by the way - she's doing something in her ship... She'll be out shortly."

With that Rissk bounded through the workshop past the debris and parts to the stairs. Raynard wondered over to the entrance hatch to the Corvette. The ship looked badly damaged, he popped his head through the hatch and listened but Rissk's friend was too deep in the ship to be heard. He wandered back outside and started walking around his yaard pulling Corvette spares to one side in anticipation of the repairs he might have to undertake.

Rissk meanwhile had cracked open a Corellian Ale and was sitting with her feet up on the table watching the holonet. The main news story was about her of course and the closure of the Arena Ship.

Post by Gonesolo »

In the hanger Ariane stared at the stripped YT1300 freighter, sitting in pieces beside the freighter was her old astro droid R5. With a sigh she moved towards her friend and started to pick up pieces of his components lying scattered around the floor.

"They really had some fun with you old friend," she sighed.

"R5 will be fine, it's you I'm more worried about!" came a voice from behind her

Ariane spun around to see an older version of herself standing behind her. A luminous form, not solid

"Mother? What are you doing here?" she quizzed.

"I'm here for you!" the image replied, taking a step closer,"You have expierence much on this ship Ariane, much pain and suffering. It is a terrible thing you have suffered!"

"I'd rather not think about that now" scolded Ariane "I have a lot to do! R5 needs to be fixed and then this ship made space worthy again, although I don't know how I could spend another day on board, the memories are quite powerful and very painful. It's as if I can feel the pain inflicted on this ship, even now!"

"Do not worry about this ship my child, your new friends can take care of the repairs. But you need to absorb what has happened here. You must face what you have seen, if you keep it inside it will destroy you. Your anger will grow and fester until it rules you. Then you will be lost to the Dark side!"

The image paused for a moment and took a step past Ariane, her gaze fell on the tatered remains of R5 strewn around the hanger

"R5 my dear friend, we went through much together" she turned again to face Ariane "Even in the Darkest times R5 was my moral guide. His time is not yet done. Have him repaired then take some time. Leave this place, I'm sure your new friends will not mind taking care of your lots while you do this!"

"I met a young twilek on this ship some years ago, her name escapes me for the moment but she offered to show me the galaxy if I ever got off this ship. She was a dancer..... I think. Perhaps I should take her up on her offer!" mussed Ariane out loud.

"A good idea, go out and explore the galaxy but be mindful, much has changed since my time. Jedi are no longer welcome in the galaxy. You must be careful to hide your abilites young one. Lest you find yourself being hunted once more"

"That will not be a problem, i have fought for so long without using my abilities that they feel almost foreign to me" replied Ariane as she took a lightsaber from her belt and held it in her hand.

"That probably partially because you are using my lightsabers." smiled the image "In time you will re-discover your abilites and one day you will make a lightsaber of your own. Then it will not feel so alien to you!"

The image paused for a moment then took a step away.

"Are you going?" called Ariane

"Yes I must for my time is short. But I will return, when you need me" with that the image faded and vanished.

Confused but with a new sense of purpose Ariane left the hanger and exited the ship. Outside she found Raynard, looking over the damage to the ship.

"Well what do you think can she be fixed?" queried Ariane with a slight smile

"Sure but it'll take time" replied Raynard holding out his hand to shake hers.

Taking his hand she returned the handshake and then pulled him close and hugged him "Thank you!" she whispered in his ear before releasing him.

"Time I have and money is no issue. Balgor left a stash of money and goods in his cabin on board, take what you need to pay for the repairs. But before you repair the ship I need the astro droid in the hanger repaired first. When he is done I will leave you to complete the rest, I have a promise to keep. I'll return to collect the ship when I'm finished"

Raynard nodded a little confused, then entered the ship and headed towards the hanger to find the astro droid to repair.

Meanwhile Ariane decided she'd take Rissk up on her offer of a drink and headed into Raynards workshop.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

As Raynard strolled through the debris filled wreck that was the Corvette, he pulled out his datapad and started taking notes on things that he would need to order. It was going to be a big job... So much of the ship had been altered to accomodate the arena and the holding cells that it was essentially nothing like a standard Corvette anymore.

Eventually he picked his way to the hangar and found the remains of the astromech droid. He picked up the remains of the dome section and inspected the contents. Most of the electronics were intact, it looked hopeful, very hopeful that the droids memory and personality would be restored.

There was a stripped out YT-1300 in the hangar too, also looking like it needed serious work. Silently, he walked to an engineering access hatch and downloaded the YT-1300 schematic and diagnostics to his datapad, then did the same for the Corvette. Whistling as he worked he pulled out a small hover sled that was in the hangar for loading and unloading things. Carefully he began placing the droid parts of the astromech onto the sled and started pushing it back towards the exit to the ship.

Rissk was slouching messily over the seating area, feet up and ale in hand when Ariane appeared from downstairs. "Hey! Grab a drink! We're on the news!"

Post by Gonesolo »

Ariane sighed looking at the holo screen,"To be honest thats the last thing I want to be reminded about right now!"

She walked over to the fridge and pulled out a Correlian ale, opening the bottle she took a long refreshing drink. The liquid flowed down her neck and it felt so good after slave rations for so long.

"Just what I needed" she gasped as she finished the bottle in one go, she reached into the fridge and grabbed a second, opening it she took a more, respectable drink from this one before closing the fridge and wandering over and landing herself on the chair beside Rissk.

"Right what can you tell me about the galaxy? And please be detailed i've been away for a LONG time" she smiled.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

'Right what can you tell me about the galaxy? '

It was an interesting question, Rissk probably couldn't tell her a great deal about the galaxy, that was the honest answer. Having led an unusual life and having had her brain fried once in a memory wipe... She'd never really strayed too far from Coruscant either...

Rissk chugged her drink and slid the bottle onto the table," Hmmph, i'm probably not the best person to ask, my understanding of what state the galaxy is in or was in is sketchy at best... Hmmm, well Emperor Palpatine is the ruler, there was some war, and the erm, Jedi were going to tear the galaxy apart. There was a um, Count Dooku? He led the Jedi and the droids against the Republic or something... I can't remember much to be honest... Erm, Palpatine had suspected a war was brewing so he'd organised a massive clone army to be built. There was alot of fighting, but the Republic won, the Jedi were wiped out and erm, Palpatine was mae Emperor for his efforts?"

Rissk frowned at what she was saying, "Of course I can't remember personally - that's what the government says happened... Most of the galaxy is in turnoil at the moment, a small band of rebels are striking against the Empire... Personally I don't have anything against them- but I don't know what it was like before so..."

Downstairs Raynard had been feverishly tinkering with R5's dome and he appeared upstairs carrying the dome and a portable power cell. He laid it carefully on the table in front of Ariane, " There wasn't a lot wrong with the dome, just some loose components and burnt out electronics... I thought you might want to check him out while I look at the motor units and the base."

Rissk grinned as Raynard flicked the power switch on and the head whirred into life beeping furiously, "Hey he fixed your droids head already! Grrr, what's all the beeping about!?"

Raynard quickly wandered back into the workshop downstairs, whistling as he started work on the body of the Astromech.

Post by Gonesolo »

R5 started beeping maniclly almost as soon as he was turned on

"Calm down five!" Ariane soothed,"It's ok we're safe now"

R5 beeped a quizzical reply which Rissk confusedly tipped her head too

"Yes R5 we are off the vette. I'm afraid it's a long story, we have a lot to catch up on old friend. But we are safe now you can relax for a bit"

The domed head whistled a relaxed reply and then errupted into another explosion of beeps and whistles.

"Calm down I told you!" ordered Ariane slightly loosing her temper with the little droid,"Your body is damaged it's being fixed now. This is Rissk, she saved us. We owe her a lot"

Ariane smiled at her new friend as R5 whistled gently to say thanks. "When five is fixed perhaps I should visit public records and find out exactly what I've missed, there's probably too much to take in all at once so R5 can download what ever I can't read in one sitting. I have a feeling I'm going to have some time to catch up soon."

She took one of her lightsabers of her belt and stared at it for a moment, "Wait you said something about the jedi? Something about them betraying the galaxy? What exactly?"
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Rissk scowled, she didn't know a great deal about it herself. Kregor had tended not to talk about it and Raynard never mentioned it.

"Hmmph! I don't really know to be honest! Grrr, hmmm, I could show you some archived holo-net reports and documentaries?" Rissk started feverishly tapping at her holo-net remote and soon images of old republic and the clone wars were dancing across the screen. The reports were clearly put together by agents of the Empire and painted the Jedi in a very dark light, painting Emperor Palpatine as the great savious of the galaxy.

Rissk, cracked open another beer as they watched and slurped it noisily at times, while musing over how 'awe struck' Ariane appeared to be at what she was seeing. The reports and documentaries were long and detailed, but they were heavily biased...

Post by Gonesolo »

"Oh My!" Ariane exclaimed after viewing back the holo footage. She sat back heavily in the chair and stared intently at the lightsaber hilt sitting on the table in front of her.

"I'm not sure I can believe the jedi would do such a thing....." she mussed for a moment,"But then again they always were a pompuss group of know alls. All to willing to force their decisions on people who did not agree with them!"

She sat forward and picked up her weapon as she picked up her beer and took a long drink, "Carrying these may not be a good idea, luckily Balgor saw fit to train me in the use of other weapons aswell. There should be a nice weapon cache on the ship!"

She threw the lightsaber on the table and sat back, cupping her beer in her hands

"Yes a nice set of blasters will suit me well I think. What do you think Rissk?" she smiled taking another drink for her beer.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Rissk shrugged and slurped her beer, "Hmmph, I just use mine for cutting things - I always like a blaster at my side... Hmmm, you should probably conceal them though - the guy who I got that one off was being pursued by a small army!"

Rissk slurped her beer again, " I guess the Empire doesn't like... Jedi?"

Rissk rubbed her chin thoughtfully, "So what are you going to do now?"

Post by Gonesolo »

Staring at the beer in her hand Ariane pondered for a moment before replying.

"Not sure" she replied a look of humored bemusment on her face, "Been a long time since I've been in charge of my destiny, I'm kinda enjoying it!"

She leant forward and put the drink on the table in front of her, Standing up she stretched her arms out above her and arched her back. Letting out a long groan of release as she did. She looked down at the clothes she was wearing. Torn slaves rags, a little bit too revealing for even her comfort.

"First thing I'm going to do is get some new clothes these are discraceful!" she smiled as she pulled off her top and stared at it. Tattered pieces of cloth was all it really was. Barely an item of clothing by any description. A material version of a fig leave was a better description. Her bottom half was much the same, although as she reached to pull them off as well she thought about Raynard who was repairing her ship and what kind of reaction he might have if she returned to the ship naked.

Strange she thought, she was so used to Balgor dressing her to tease and tempt his guests that the idea of covering up was almost alien to her but she decided it was best to not distract her new allies. She quickly pulled her top back on and walked to the window.

"Perhaps there is something I can wear on the ship in the mean time!" she quiped as she looked out on the cast city scape of Corruscant.

It had been a very long time since she had been on the capitol city, much had changed. A cith like this was in a constant state of change. But to her an awful lot had changed. She stood there looking out for a few moments watching the replusorlifts flash by and the normal, everyday people go about their hum drum lifes. She sighed, partly wishing for a life like theres.

"I think myself and R5 will make a trip to the hall of records, once R5 is fixed!", she eventually replied

She paused again as she moved across the room and retrieved her drink, she brought the bottle to her mouth and then stopped the bottle mouth hanging a mere few milimeters from her lips. She lowered the bottle again and looked at Rissk.

"Strangely enough on that ship, I made a friend, a dancer. She was a Twilek. She visited the Arena as an entertainer with a guest! They stay for a while and we became friends. She offered to show me the galaxy if I ever got off that ship." She stopped and took a drink from the bottle...

"I think I'll take her up on that suggestion!" she smiled
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Rissk nodded, tapping the top of her bottle in thought as she did so...

"Hmmm, you're right... I should maybe do some exploring, I've never really left Coruscant. I should be able to get my ship finished, and the government has promised me more bounty work so...

I've never been to the hall of records... Want me to tag along?"

At that point Raynard appeared at the top of the stairs, "Hi, erm, sorry about this - I'm nearly finished with the droids body, it was worse than the dome, but I've replaced all the missing and damaged components and it should be good to go... I'll just grab the dome and bolt him back together..."

He smiled warmly at Ariane and gently picked up her Astromech's dome before heading off down the stairs whistling as he walked.

Post by Gonesolo »

"If you want!" Ariane replied with a smile, she once again put the bottle down on the table, "I'll just go see if I can find some "proper" clothes!" she smiled and winked at Rissk and walked out of the room and back towards the corvette.

For a while she wandered around the vette, wandering from room to room looking for something that would pass as some sort of clothing she could wear. Most of the personal quarters she entered were for Balgor's guards, mostly male but the storage areas contained mostly armour.

Nothing suitable for wearing on the streets of Corruscant that was for sure. As she wandered the ship memories returned to her. Memories of wandering this ship in the past, but not as a slave, as a free woman.

As she rounded a corner she found a sealed room. The door was locked and it looked like it had not been opened in a long time. Yet something about this room seemed familiar. Cautiously she pressed the keyboard at the door, but the warning buzz indicated she would need more to enter. She looked at the keypad for a moment and then, almost subconciously she started to press a sequence of numbers. A few moments latter the door hissed open in front of her and she found herself staring into a dark room. Blindly she fumbled on the wall for the ligth switch which she quickly activated once she had located it.

The room was simple, a double bed sat in the middle of the far wall. A set of wardrobe doors embedded in the wall to the right of the bed. A doorway just beside them led into a bathroom/wash area and against the wall on the right a small dresser unit with a mirror on top. Nervously Ariane stepped inside, she could remember this room, it was her room, no ... that wasn't right ..... it was her mothers room.

As she looked around the room she could remember parts of her mothers past spent in this room. Much of her exile from the Jedi council was spent here. Traveling the galaxy alone, disowned by her fellow jedi for her crimes. And yet when the time had called for it, she had given her life to save countless millions.

Slowly Ariane walked around the bed. She stopped for a moment as she looked at the neatly folded sheets, ran her hands along the pillow and then remembered.......

She turned and looked at the wardrobe, defiantly she strode over and pulled open the doors. Inside her mothers clothes still hung. She flicked through the various outfits. She paused as she found her mothers jedi robes but, deciding they were not suitable, quickly moved on. She flicked from item to item. Suddenly she stopped, she reached in a pulled out a black flight suit. Then reached in and pulled out a pair of black high heel boots also.

She threw both on the bed and quickly pulled out a twin holstered gun belt. Casually throwing it on the bed she stopped for a moment and stared, musing at the bathroom door. She quickly undressed and entered the bathroom.

The shower felt so good, after years of living in dirty and squalor, the gentle massage of the shower running down her back was like a dream. She spent her time enjoying every moment before drying herself and returning to the room.

Mean while Raynard and Rissk were standing outside the ship. R5 was back in one piece and was incesscantly beeping and tweeting between the two of them.

"OH R5 leave them alone!" came a call from the entry plank,Rissk and Raynard turned to see Ariane emerging from the ship.

The black, tight flightsuit hugged tightly on every curve of her body and the low neckline stopped just short of revealing too much. The Black boots clanged of the corvettes gang plank and in the gun belt were two heavy blasters, slung with the handles pointing forwards.

Ariane had tied back her hair and her full beauty could now be well seen in the light and with the absence of the dirt from the arena.

Raynard let a low whistle as Rissk spoke "Humph took your time" she smiled.
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare »

Rissk tapped her foot impatiently, "WELL!? Are we ready to go yet? I thought you wanted to go to the archives?"

Raynard laughed, "Yes, get gone - both of you, you've spent too long indoors and I could do with you both out of the way so I can concentrate on gettingthis crate back together!"