Wayward Bounty

Takes place immediately after the Battle of Yavin
Tales and stories set during the events of Episodes 4-6...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Mean Machine
Location: Mos Eisley Spaceport, You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Wayward Bounty

Post by R2F2 »

-CORELLIA-

Darnoll Fi puffed numerous soothing hits off his cigar, he took great pleasure from the rich taste it provided. Any room with his presence was bound to have an overcast of thick smoke.

"You have to be the most unhealthy bounty hunter I've ever employed." Mr. Seth Skenoda relaxed in his chair, waving the smoke away from his sensitive nose.

"You called me, boss." he replied. Darnoll had only been in the hunting business for one year and it's become a habit to call everyone boss.
He finished off the rest of his dark beer and slouched back into his seat.

"Yes...yes you are right, your reputation for the low buck, high stakes agrees with you."

Darnoll just nodded. His eyes were glazed over and he appeared to have gone a couple of days without sleep. His short brown hair pointed every which way and his blue eyes looked as though they were swimming. Darnoll had a short flat nose, probably cause that's where he took the most punches. He hadn't shaved in a week and he wore the same white shirt for three days. His worn tan coat wreaked of cigar smoke and alcohol and his black jeans seemed to have gone through hell and back. Despite his chosen lifestyle he was in good shape and quite healthy for now thanks to all the exercise.

"Are you fimiliar with Drudonna?" Seth asked.

"Never heard of her, is she some cross dresser in need of a rescue or something?"

Seth displayed a confused look with a hint of curiosity. "No..no no, it's one of Bespin's moons in the outer rim."

"Right." Darnoll rolled his neck around until he heard a pop.

"...anyways...this moon is nothing but a frozen wasteland, however, it has come to my attention that it holds more importance than that. SV-126 Protocol Assassination Droid, is being constructed there while we speak. That droid cannot reach compeletion, as a matter of fact, I'm not the only one reaching out for help. If this machine reaches compeletion, it will mean the end of my life."

"Forget to send someone flowers boss? Why would someone go to the trouble of building an assassin droid just to kill you?"

"Well, it's a long story, but I can give you the scaled down version. A couple of friends and I made a bet, you don't need the details, except we lost and we never paid up. Several attempts on our lives have been made but thankfully none have succeeded, it appears he's getting desperate." Seth slid a envelope across the table and let it land in Darnoll's lap. "If you can also catch the man who's building the droid, I'll triple your pay, but remember priority is the driod. There should be coordinates just outside the caves where the scientist's are at work, photographs and everything else you need to reach your destination. Don't be surprised if you run into others on the same mission, my friends are just as worried about their saftey as I am my own, please hurry."
"You're a fiesty little one, but you'll soon learn some respect." --EV-9D9 to R2-D2
Mean Machine
Location: Mos Eisley Spaceport, You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Post by R2F2 »

"You're a fiesty little one, but you'll soon learn some respect." --EV-9D9 to R2-D2
Mean Machine

Post by R2F2 »

There she sat still as the steel beneath her, a JDS Pinook fighter in need of a good mechanic. The only thing he had done to her was a solid paint job. She had plenty of battle scars from when he served in the republic. He decided to keep her when he went AWOL, he didn't have much of a choice if he wanted to get out and about. Chances were pretty good they were still searching for him, then again chances were good they weren't. He tended to be more of a problem when he was around.

Not well paid in the bounty field hindered consistent repairs and lavish upgrades. No matter...he was beginning to make a name for himself around the core worlds. This would be his first assignment in the outer rim. He reached inside the envelope and sure enough there was a chip. He inserted it into the holo-net projecter which was followed by coordinates, ariel overview and a holo image of the 'creator' of SV-126, Tolnack Strowl. There was no bio or information of any kind to be found, just his name.

Better get going

He knew he would have to make at least one stop to recharge on the way, or at least grab a beer or two.