Coruscant High III

Takes place immediately after the Battle of Yavin
Tales and stories set during the events of Episodes 4-6...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Supergirl

Post by RileyKenobi »

OOC: Whoa geez.

IC: Zeta looked at Kat, examining her face and her posture. Her hands seemed shaky, and her face was paler than usual. Zeta shifted slightly so she turned to Kat, her golden eyes flitting fixedly over her face.

"I won't ask the question because I already know the answer," she said, and Kat uttered something like a short gasp and looked at her. Her violet eyes seemed to shimmer with something like fear as well as sorrow and hurt. "Which one was it then?"

Kat seemed at a loss for words. Zeta raised her eyebrows, and sighed.

"Sir? I think she's going to be sick," she said loudly, sitting up. The class turned around, and the teacher looked wearied. "Very well, take her to the nurse. In fact, just leave...take your things..." his voice betrayed the extent of his weariness.

Kat found her voice. "What are you doing-I'm not going to-"

"Just come with me," Zeta muttered, and grabbed her and Kat's bags, along with Kat's arm, and exited the classroom. Finding an empty classroom, Zeta closed the door and pulled out a chair for Kat to sit down in, choosing a desk for herself. She propped her hands on her knees and looked at Kat sympathetically.

"Let me tell you one thing, love," she said, surprisingly out of character for her rough appearance and nature. "Men...all men, are scum. Yes, at times they can be wonderful to be around, and they can make you believe your at the top of the world, until they bring reality crashing down upon you when you won't sleep with them. If you hold that all in, you are going to destroy yourself. So talk. Just talk to me."

Zeta furrowed her eyebrows and sighed. "I'll listen."
Stop blowing holes in my ship!
Daughter of Epona

Post by Starlight »

Feeling very much the cornered animal, Katanya felt-and looked- as though she were about one scant second away from bolting out the door, with or without her book bag. Her hands flexed and clenched alternately as she stared down at them with morbid fascination. She couldn't bear to look into Zeta's eyes. The other girl knew too much as it was already.

"I'll listen."

Involuntarily, Katanya looked up into Zeta's gaze, searching with guarded suspicion as if the girl was hiding a weapon and was about to stab it into Kat's chest.

"Look, I really don't think this.." Kat began, but something behind Zeta's eyes, her expression and demeanor...Somehow it slithered past Katanya's barriers like the gentle insistance of rainwater seeping into a small fissure running along a block of granite.

Sagging down into the chair with a look of pure defeat, Kat began telling Zeta what had happened the previous night at the Cage, and somehow ended up working all the way back to freshman year. The only thing that she couldn't bring herself to reveal was what had happened in the refresher at home...Kat was going to tell no one about her aborted suicide, and that would never change so long as she could help it.

By the time she had finished, there was only about ten or so minutes until the period bell would ring, announcing the day's lunch break. Katanya swallowed, trying to dry her parched throat and wanting nothing more than a comfortable rock to crawl and hide beneath for the rest of the day.

"Zeta, I can't face another Char...By the end of the day the entire school is going to hear everything and I'll be even more humiliated than I am now." She sighed deeply with resignation. "I thought I had gotten over all that, but I didn't... I know it sounds fatalistic-" Kat winced. "-and like I'm just whining. I just can't deal with it again..."
Keep your confessions,
Cause babe, I’m no saint.
I know your devils,
I know them by name.
Supergirl

Post by RileyKenobi »

The soft expression never changed from the normally harsh, fierce and tattooed face of the kiffar as she took in Kat's troubles, fears, hurts and worries during that botched class period. She gave Kat a small smile of encouragement.

"If there is one thing I've learned growing up as part of a clan, it's that you don't care what anyone else thinks," she said. "Granted, my clan is now broken and practically dead because of those opinions. And I know thoughts like that are daunting to you, Kat. But what's a life without a little risk? Most people think of physical risk when they hear that phrase, but I'd also liken in to risking your heart sometimes. And yes, it might be broken, but you learn, don't you?"

"I suppose...but what I've learned is to be wary," said Kat. "To be cautious."

"Hang caution," said Zeta. "These are supposed to be the best years of our lives, but you ask any adult if they would relive their high school years, and every one of them will answer 'Hell no!', I guarantee it. So yeah, life sucks. But to answer that by hiding, Kat, that's no way to face that. Besides, I'll deck anyone who looks at you wrong," she added with a smirk.

That achieved the tiniest chuckle from Kat, and it also brought forth a small, glowing smile.

"So? Are you going to give in to typical peer pressure and shrink under your rock, or are you going to smile? Personally I think you're a lot prettier when you do."
Daughter of Epona

Post by Starlight »

(ooc: Dual post between myself and Vague)

Putting on what she hoped was a brave expression, Katanya nodded hesitantly and resisted the urge to avert her eyes downwards again. “Yeah,” she said after a moment. “Although it would be easier to find that rock…You do have a point.” The smile increasing only a hair, Katanya shrugged. “Besides, one thing I have learned from all this is that you’re never supposed to show people when you’re feeling low…Gives them an excuse to kick you in the gut while you’re down there.”

Zeta smirked at the truth of it, then nodded and rose out of her chair. “Lunch bell is going to be sounding soon.” The young woman arched an eyebrow and gestured towards the door. “Coming?”

Katanya carefully extricated herself from the desk, being careful not to court another dizzy spell. “Yeah, I’ll be there in a minute,” she replied quickly, and hoped that Zeta wouldn’t take the hesitation amiss. Kat smiled and promised she would be along soon.

The golden-eyed woman nodded and picked up her bag. “See you soon then.”

Just then, the lunch bell sounded and Zeta took her leave. Katanya figured that she could steal away for a few moments and check on her arm then get back out with the others before the lunch period really set in. After closing the classroom door, she situated herself more comfortably in the desk and slowly began rolling up her shirt sleeve with a gentle, careful touch.

Kobra stalked down the hallway, his muscles coiled and ready to strike at anything. He hadn't been so on edge in a long time. He ran a tense arm back through his short black hair as his hazel eyes scanned the minimal activity this late in second period. Stopping at his locker, he opened it up and looked around, pretending to have a purpose.

Then he saw Faith and her friends down the hallway, and predictably they were all looking in his direction. Sighing he began to shut his locker and turn away, but it was too late.

"Kobra!" he heard the squeaky voice say as Faith came bouncing down the hallway towards him.

She slowed to a stop and leaned against the locker, setting a hand gently on Kobra's injured left arm. She flipped her neck a bit to the side to get the hair out of her eyes. "You disappeared on me last night. I was worried." she said softly as she took another step closer. "Is everything okay? You look... different."

Zeb had to stop himself from rolling his eyes.

He listened to her for awhile, more for amusement than any real interest, then with his good arm he took her hand off of him and pushed her back slightly. "Listen, Faith... I've got a lot of sh!t going on right now, and this isn't the best time for something like this, do you understand?" He said, a little more harshly than even he had intended to.

Faith’s eyes widened for a moment before they narrowed into slits. She bit her lip for a moment before she replied. "Yeah... Sure, I understand... uhh, See you around... then." she said before turning and making her way down the hallway, glancing back at Zeb once more before she ushered her friends around a corner and probably towards the nearest restroom...

Kobra now rolled his eyes, then turned and started towards the lunch room. He made it a few steps then he saw something amiss: Zeta was on her way out of an empty classroom, looking both ways as she shouldered her messenger bag and heading off in the direction opposite his...

Katanya only made a few, tentative motions before she gasped with the pain from the contact. Raising her hand, she closed her eyes and covered them with the bandaged palm. How was she going to get through the rest of the day when she could barely hold it together enough to check her bandage?

Kobra could immediately tell that something was not right. Even before he noticed that there was a single person still remaining in the classroom, before he saw Katanya slump with defeat in her chair, he knew something wasn't right. Of course it would have been asking too much to know what it was that wasn't right... Biting his lip, the young man considered his options. It probably wasn't his place to step up to her, and he could easily turn and walk the other way...

But he didn't. Zeb strode right up to the door and opened it, then leaned against the doorjamb, his usually stalwart expression showing just a little worry to it. He started to move closer towards her, but then thought better of it and leaned up against a desk, letting the door slide shut behind him.

"Are you alri-... I mean... What’s wrong, Kat?"

Startled and caught completely off-guard, Kat’s hand dropped from her face as she stared blankly at the sudden appearance of Kobra. She hadn’t even heard him enter the room. Her mouth began to move as though the young woman were about to speak, to laugh off the situation and retreat out to the hallway; but then Katanya remembered the girls in the hallway and all of the stories of gossip and Kobra’s infamous reputation for picking out companions and then dropping them just as quickly, and her visage closed down into an expressionless mask once more.

“Nothing is wrong,” she replied in short, guarded tones. Already Kat had pushed herself away from the desk and backed away a step. There was something in Kobra’s demeanor, something different that set her on edge and raised the fine hairs on the back of her neck…

“…Nothing that I can’t handle alright?”

Zeb shoved off the doorway after a moment of confusion. Her reaction was something he hadn't expected. He matched her backwards movement with forward momentum of his own, not letting the distance between them grow too far. He peered straight into her eyes... His hazel orbs, still burning with unspent energy, piercing her stare.

He knew there was more there than she was letting on, and after a moment of eye contact, he knew she realized he did too... He might have dropped it, if not for the short tones of her voice... Not only did they worry him, but they also offended him as well.

"Hey, take it easy alright? I'm just trying to help, geez. I'm not the one who was all over the lekku last night." he snapped out quickly.

The comment hit her like a hammer-fist to the kidneys. For a stretched out moment of silence, all Katanya could so was stare dumbly up into the boy’s hazel eyes and wonder if her hearing had really caught the words correctly as she swayed unsteadily on her feet… And then, something in Katanya snapped.

“You bastard,” she growled, her voice pitched low and threatening, full of predatory malice and not quite on the right side of sanity. Katanya took one step forward with her right foot, closing the distance between them as her hands clenched into tight fists. “You heartless, unthinking…”

Blood pounding a thundering staccato in her ears, Katanya slipped her left foot forward as her fists came up to just above her waist. Without warning, her fist shot out and nailed a right cross that connected squarely with Kobra’s chiseled jaw line.

“How dare you,” Katanya hissed with pure anger as she followed through with a left-handed hook, ignoring the sharp stabbing pain that quickly followed on the heels of her knuckles audibly cracking beneath the impact with Kobra’s hard facial bone.

Kobra let the cross cuff him across the jaw line. The force behind the blow was impressive, but it didn't surprise him. From his evaluation of her he'd noticed that she was not only well muscled, but she had been well trained.

The blow though, stunned him long enough for the hook to find its mark ahead of his arm which was just then rising in defense. Catching her forearm with his right hand, he applied enough pressure to push her left arm back the way it came while he blinked away the after effects of the punch and focused his attention on Kat’s face.

And there was pain…

Her teeth clenched together tightly as Katanya glared up at Kobra. The throbbing ache of her bruised knuckles was nothing compared to the crushing agony that surged up through her arm and into her chest with every second the boy’s hand stayed closed around her limb. Katanya’s eyes began to water in reaction, her legs turning to gel as they buckled and gave way. Remaining stalemated with Kobra’s eyes while she slowly collapsed down onto the classroom floor, Kat could feel the blood flow being cut off from her hand.

The young woman opened her mouth in a silent cry as her hand convulsed and drove her nails through her palm. Taking hold of her fading strength, Katanya braced herself against the floor and wrenched her arm away from Kobra’s grasp. There was a soft tearing sound as the fabric of her shirt was ripped apart, along with something hidden beneath her sleeve…

At first Kobra was confused, and then that confusion turned slowly into fright... He was suddenly afraid that in his hyped up state he'd misjudged his own strength and was applying more pressure than he thought he was to her arm. As the young woman in front of him started to fall towards the ground, he quickly let go of her arm, even as she was yanking it away...

And then it was his turn to have another swing of emotion. Suddenly it dawned on him. Suddenly he understood... Suddenly he was taking a knee on the ground in front of her and looking straight into her eyes, finally having torn his gaze away from the long, bloody cut down her arm...

Zeb’s mouth gaped open; he didn't know what to say... Suddenly he was a little scared, a little worried, and a little ashamed all at the same time... Now he got why she had reacted so strongly to his jab at Aeran... It had affected her so much that she'd resorted to self mutilation to somehow soothe herself...

Kobra's eyes clenched shut for a moment as that brought back some horrible memories of his own, and then he opened them again... A frighteningly understanding look glinted in his hazel eyes as he reached out towards her bleeding arm...

She couldn’t meet Zeb’s eyes and felt her cheeks burning hot with anger, guilt, and shame at the sight of him looking down at her traitorous arm. Only when Katanya noticed out of the corner of her gaze that Kobra’s hand was reaching for her…

Feeling like a mouse trapped in a cage, Katanya did the first thing that came to mind. She snapped out with her left hand and felt thick droplets of blood trickle down to her elbow. Her fingers closed and fastened around Kobra’s wrist as she began maneuvering herself into a defensive crouch instead of a sprawled, pathetic heap. Desperation lit her eyes from within, casting a feverish wash over her amethyst eyes.

“I’m fine,” she whispered through gritted teeth, and let go of Kobra’s wrist with a rough shake of her arm that sent a few drops of blood splattering to the ground. Holding her injured arm close to her body, Katanya backed up into a standing position and risked a glance down at the other senior, seeing the pity in his eyes and loathing it, hating it.

“I’m fine…” Katanya repeated, and wished she dared raise her hand to scrub the threatening tears away from her eyes.

Zeb closed his eyes again as she stopped him from helping. He opened them up, and watched as she stood, holding her injured arm close to her and backing away... locking eyes once again he actually felt tears forming in his own eyes as he slowly stood up as well. They were, of course, tears that would never have the chance to fall, but they gave his hazel eyes a wet shine that doubled the caring look already showing through...

He raised his hands up in an effort to forestall any further confrontation. Kobra's jaw worked slowly as he thought of what he could possibly say... "I..." He looked back down at the ground, no longer able to match her steady gaze. "Sorry." he mumbled around the knot growing in his throat...

The anger smoldering behind her eyes began to falter as she watched Kobra’s reaction. It confused her and made any sharp retort hovering on her tongue wither and die in the sudden hesitation. The awkward moment stretched out, then hiccupped back to normal when Katanya couldn’t take anymore.

“Look,” she said at last, not entirely trusting in her voice not to break or crack with the heavy emotions flooding her system. “Just, please don’t…”

Kobra quickly shook his head, but didn't look up. "No. Not a word..." he interrupted her.

Katanya could only nod and then bent down to pick up the torn bandage. With nothing else at hand, the best she could do was to try and re-wrap the injury to hold until after school when she could do a proper redressing of it at home. As it was, she had to get to the nearest refresher and clean up her arm and shirt then get back before anyone missed her.

Briefly looking up but not moving towards him, Katanya murmured quiet thanks, then turned and fled out of the room and down the hallway with quick, silent steps.

Kobra watched her retreating back for a few seconds, and was astonished to feel a single tear making its way over his cheek bone... He roughly wiped it away and hoped it hadn't started falling before Kat had turned and fled...

The young man took a deep breath, and exhaled. After another moment, he'd convinced himself that it was just because of the drugs, and his brother... That was why it had gotten to him... Yeah. That was it...

Bending down once again, Kobra painfully removed the sling his arm was in and soaked up what blood was still on the floor. Not really sure why, but he knew it was the right thing to do. He stood back up, tossing the sling in the trash bin near him glanced down at his wrist. It had some dried blood on it from where she had grabbed hold of it. Blinking, Zeb turned and made his way silently towards the refresher nearest the lunch room.

Unseen from her vantage point just behind the corner, a pair of doe-soft eyes gazed with malicious venom at the retreating form of the little spoiled brat she knew as Katanya, and smiled when she caught sight of the bleeding, torn arm. With all the rumors flying around campus, it was no great feat of genius to realize where the lethal gash had come from. Most likely, no one even knew that the girl was carrying around that thick bandage, thanks to her choice in clothing. As it was, her humiliation was enough that anything else would send her reputation flying down the trash receptacle at light-speed…

Well…Faith would just have to make certain that she was the one to give the final shove…

Backing away from the corner, the blonde-haired girl all but ran down the hall to meet up with her current circle of gossipmongers. By the time lunch ended, they would make sure that the entire student body would be well on their way to hearing the most sordid details of Katanya’s mental breakdown.
Keep your confessions,
I know your devils,
I know them by name.
Tamer of Horses

Post by Garet »

Garet didn't know how to react at the moment. One moment his heart stopped beating when he saw Aerandir falling from the parking lot and the next thing he knew, Aerandir was standing infront of him. Garet quickly looked at Zeb as he placed his hand on his forehead.

Ohhhhhhh boy.

"We didn't see anything right Zeb?" whispered Garet as he began to look around, luckily all of the students where in class. Zeb nodded his head as he gave a last look at Aerandir and walked inside the school.

Garet didn't know what to say as he looked at his friend.

Maybe I'm haluscinating. That's it, no more fight.

But Garet knew what he saw was real, and it was deep, very deep. The lunch bell rang as Garet rubbed his face letting out a moan.

"Aerandir, can I ask you a simple question before we get involved with what happened. Why the frell did you jump of the parking lot?"
If they swing their swords for the sake of 'order'.
I will fire my arrow for 'pride'
Then I would punch for the sake of a 'bond'
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu »

ic:

"Aerandir, can I ask you a simple question before we get involved with what happened. Why the frell did you jump of the parking lot?"

Aerandir looked at Garet, "I don't really know I thought that there was nothing left for me anymore, Zeek's dead, I lost Kat, who knows what Edge is going to do after last night."

He looked down for a second then back at Garet, "Everything's so confusing now."
McCaffery: There are creatures in the deep you couldn't imagine in your worst nightmares.
Arthur 'AC' Curry: Oh thats reassuring. Thanks a lot.

"When someone stands in the way of justice, you simply walk up behind them and stab them in the heart" Ras Al-Gul - Batman Begins
Supergirl

Post by RileyKenobi »

OOC: This is a planned fight...no one else gets to join in. Sorry. :)

IC: As the school filtered into the cafeteria, Zeta heard flitters of whispered, giggling conversation. As a small group of juniors passed her, giggling with their hands to each other's ear, she caught a name that sparked her temper.

"...Katanya, yeah that new senior..."

She narrowed her eyes and brushed past the group into the cafe, only to catch Kat's name again, in the same context as before.

"...I mean, come on, a week here and she's suicidal? Who's gonna buy that? She's probably trying to attract attention to herself, I mean it was Kobra who found out about it first, totally just out of the blue and she like, slapped him or something..."

Zeta turned, her lip curling in disgust as gossip seemed to blossom around her, combined with infectious giggling and hissing whispers.

"...I heard she's just moving from one to the next, you know what I mean? And now she's trying to get Kobra all sympathetic for her, and then she goes and plays hard to get? What a crazy witch..."

Zeta whirled, hearing an obnoxious voice she had trained herself to tune out since grade school; this time it was too happy and self-appreciative in volume to ignore. Faith, the blonde, glossy-lipped, makeup-caked prissy slut of a senior that had tormented anyone who she felt was below her since she could apply eye shadow. Her high-pitched nasal laughter shattered Zeta's self-control, and instantly the Kiffar knew that Faith was the source of the hissing rumors that had flown so fast. Freshmen scattered as Zeta shoved her way through the crowds towards Faith. The girl looked up, and a snarl curled her pink-glossed lip into an ugly sneer.

"What do you want?" she said nastily.

Grabbing Faith's throat, Zeta slammed her backwards against the table, pressing down as the girl stared up, suddenly panicking at the danger of her situation. Her friends around her shrieked in terror and scattered, tripping over high heels and flowy skirts as they scampered away from the infuriated Kiffar.

"You have a problem, slut?" she snarled. Faith whimpered and clawed against Zeta's one-armed vicegrip. "Spreading lies and nasty rumors; sounds like you, Faith. Especially someone who got in your way, wouldn't you agree?"

Yanking up on her neck, Zeta threw her across the tile floor, glaring with golden hawk-eyes as Faith picked herself up, wheezing and clasping her throat as if to ward off the impending bruises. Faith glared, lower lip and chin trembling in hatred and indignation.

"How dare you even touch me!" Faith fumed in a snake-like tone. "You have no proof, you could be expelled for this!" she shrieked.

"Well I might as well go with a bang," said Zeta. Faith uttered something like a growl and swung. Zeta ducked easily and slammed a roundhouse kick into the girl's stomach, jolting her backwards and against the floor. Faith's head snapped back sickeningly. Even so, she managed to stagger back up. She flew at Zeta with such a fury that the Kiffar didn't have time to duck, and felt the girl's long, pointed nails slash across her face, leaving four long, bloody gashes in her face, and curses on her tongue. Opening her balled fist into a palm, Zeta slapped Faith across the cheek and side of the head. The slap's force made such a sound that it almost echoed in the now-silent cafeteria.

Gasps were heard around the circle of onlookers, and cries of shock from Faith's friends as she hit the ground, covering her face and bursting into sobbing tears. Zeta stepped over her as Faith cowered on the floor.

"Next time you feel like spreading lies, let me know first. I"ll be sure to put you in the hospital before you can open your mouth," said Zeta as blood trickled down her face. She swallowed and averted her eyes from the crowd. Slinging her bag over her shoulder, she pushed through the crowd and exited the cafeteria.

You are stupid, aren't you? She's right, you could get expelled, and then what are you going to do, huh? Zeta asked herself as she walked down the hall. Her appetite was gone and she felt numb; she suddenly realized her palm hurt, and looked down at it, seeing the bright red color of her skin. She winced, and smiled a tiny bit. Maybe it was worth it.
Tamer of Horses

Post by Garet »

Aerandir looked at Garet, "I don't really know I thought that there was nothing left for me anymore, Zeek's dead, I lost Kat, who knows what Edge is going to do after last night."

Garet leaned forward slightly as he tried to repeat in his head what Aerandir said.

"What do you mean you lost Kat? You where head over heals about her, how could you two ha-" Garet then remembered what Aerandir had to do yesterday at the Cage.

He then rubbed his eyes sighing.

"Oh man. I...ahhh shhhhi-" Garet didn't bother finishing his sentence as he began to pace back and forth.

Why did you get him involved in this, heck, why are we both involved in this. You should have forced Zeek out of that hellhole. None of this would have happened.

"Listen Aerandir...I'm sorry man. This is my fault I should have gone after Otan's girl on my own. I didn't know what I was thinking, why the hell did I fight in that cursed Bantha hole and let you do the dirty work..."

And you're life was improving from what it was before...

Garet then walked towards Aerandir quickly as he looked around to see if anyone was looking, the human then grabbed his friend on the shoulder lightly as he leaned next to his ear.

"This force thing you did now don't tell no one about it, you heard me? No one Don't even practice it, don't even think about it. When all this is over were going to deal with it just me and you. We don't want more trouble."

Aerandir nodded his head as Garet smiled, he then gave his friend a head lock as he smilled.

"Let's head to the caf mate, I'm starving."
I <3 MCATs

Post by Alex Kerensky »

IC:
Whether it was the bell or the slight shift of smell in the air that woke Aximili, he did not know, but his eyes opened at the end of the bell. He sat up quickly and glanced at his chronometer, noting that it was right before the lunch period. So, I slept completely through econ. Great, I will have to pick up the assignments later.

The Cathar gathered his things and headed off towards the cafeteria. Along the way, he passed by several groups of students and his ears picked up their daily gossip. Aximili had learned long ago to tune these people out, but he caught clips of their speech. Something about Katanya. That grabbed his attention, so he listened a bit more closely as he walked. Going insane? What?

Ax's thoughts were interrupted by the blast of fried foods and sweetened liquids. As he stepped past the last set of lockers, another scent invaded the air. Though not as strong, he knew the smell well. Blood, fresh...And Katanya? Turning to his left, he caught sight of his friend and headed towards her.

"Katanya, are you doing better?" he asked.
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu »

ic:

"This force thing you did now don't tell no one about it, you heard me? No one Don't even practice it, don't even think about it. When all this is over were going to deal with it just me and you. We don't want more trouble."

Aerandir nodded his head as Garet smiled, he then gave his friend a head lock as he smilled.

"Let's head to the caf mate, I'm starving."

Aerandir then smiled, "Yea, I'm pretty hungry too". As they were walking he added, "Falling thirthy feet off a parking lot kinda does that to ya."

He nudged Garet in the shoulder and walked into the caf. He looked around for a table and saw Ax walking in in front of them. Just as he was going to call his nam, he noticed who he was walking towards, Kat, "Uhh, I'm gonna go get my food I'll be right back," he said to Garet.

Aerandir then turned around and headed off for the food line.
McCaffery: There are creatures in the deep you couldn't imagine in your worst nightmares.

"When someone stands in the way of justice, you simply walk up behind them and stab them in the heart" Ras Al-Gul - Batman Begins
Daughter of Epona

Post by Starlight »

"Katanya, are you doing better?"

Snapping out of her introspective reverie with a visible jolt, Kat looked around with a blank expression before realizing that Aximili had stepped up beside her.

"Oh, yeah..I'm fine," she replied hastily with a wan, but sincere smile. "Just a bit sore is all." With a casual movement, Kat slipped her left arm down by her side, half-hiding it. Then, she inclined her head towards the cafeteria and gestured with her good hand. "Come on, I think I need a good mug of chai."

As the pair progressed through the crowded area, Katanya felt the oddest sensation. As if there were dozens of eyes watching her and staring but never to her face. More than once, Kat could have sworn she heard her name whispered knowingly. It was enough to make her skin crawl, and give her a serious case of deja vu.

Not that there was anything to do about it except brush the feeling off and keep walking one step at a time.

She looked around through the press of people, trying to recognize any familiar face. "I think Zeta was going to meet us here, but I haven't seen her since-uh, econ."
Keep your confessions,
I know your devils,
I know them by name.
I <3 MCATs

Post by Alex Kerensky »

IC:
The Cathar nodded and then added sheepishly, "I haven't seen her today. To be honest, I cut econ to take a nap outside, so I have no idea where she is now." He paused for a second before he remembered something they had talked about earlier. "Are you still up for the martial arts practice tonight?"
Tamer of Horses

Post by Garet »

Garet and Aerandir entered the cafeteria from the side doors as the crowd of students ate and laughed during their break. As the two friends began to walk down the caf, Garet over heard a conversation next to him.

"I can't believe the new girl punched Kobra!"

"Aye, I'm surprised Kobra didn't do anything back to her."

Garet didn't bother hearing the rest of the conversation, he was to shocked to continue listening after what he heard.

Whoa, must have been a big impact after seeing what Aerandir did.

"Uhh, I'm gonna go get my food I'll be right back," he said to Garet. Aerandir then turned around and headed off for the food line.

Garet looked at Aerandir suspiciously as his friend walked quickly to the line up, he then looked around and saw Kat talking with Ax a short distance ahead.

What is this now mate, you're going to avoid her?

The human sighed as he walked towards Kat and Ax.

"Ahoy mates!" greeted Garet as he smiled while putting his arms around Kat's shoulder and Ax's.

"I don't know about you guys, but this day is full of surprises to me." said Garet as he stared at Kat's left arm.

What happened over there?
Supergirl

Post by RileyKenobi »

After about five minutes of fuming and brooding on the steps outside, Zeta turned back around and re-entered the cafe, the blood now dark and dried on her face; she'd made no effort to clean it up. Girls scurried out of her way, and most of the guys either gave her a strange glance or nodded, looking impressed. Zeta wove through the crowd, keeping a weather eye out for Kat or Ax. She found both, along with Garet, talking near one of the food lines. She pushed past two freshman and appeared next to Kat. Garet switched his gaze from Kat to Zeta's slashed face. He cocked an eyebrow.

"What'd you do?"

Zeta winced slightly. "You should see Faith..." she muttered with a short sigh. She looked at Kat. "I told you'd I'd deck anyone who looked at you wrong; Faith was thick enough to open her mouth a little too wide..."
Daughter of Epona

Post by Starlight »

Kat was about to beg off at the notion of having a martial arts class, but just as she opened her mouth to take a rain check, the young woman paused, then nodded.

"Yeah, I think that would be just what I need so long as it's not strenuous."

"Ahoy, mates!"

Following the direction that the Cathar's gaze had turned, Katanya saw Garet heading towards him with a cheerful grin lighting up his features. She bit back a sighing groan and hid beneath a pleasant smile.

"Heyla, Garet," she replied just as the senior draped one arm across the back of her shoulders. Kat resisted the urge to slink out of his reach. She couldn't shake the sneaking suspicion that Garet had been part of, or at least knew about before hand, what Aerandir was going to do at the Cage. And that thought made her blood heat to well above a simmer.

"I don't know about you guys, but this day is full of surprises to me."

Katanya snorted, but said nothing and looked around for some distraction to get her out of the press of people. The stares and whispers, if anything, had been increasing since she had walked into the cafeteria. Fortunately, such a distraction came walking right up to the group.

"What'd you do?" Garet asked as his attentions were drawn up to the bloody and painful-looking gashes that sliced across Zeta's features. After the girl gave a brief explaination, Katanya looked at her with a blank, confused expression.

"Faith? Who's Faith?" A knot of lead seemed to curl itself up in Kat's stomach. "..What did she do that has any bearing on me?"
Keep your confessions,
I know your devils,
I know them by name.
Supergirl

Post by RileyKenobi »

"Faith's been spreading rumors," said Zeta bluntly. "It's all she's really good for, anyway. Disregard anything you hear...it's all rubbish; Faith's lies spread like wildfire, unfortunately."

"About me? But...why?" said Kat.

"She's jealous," said Zeta simply, and Garet nodded slightly.

"I'd agree there."

"Why?" said Kat again, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion.

"Faith is used to having her way," said Zeta. "Ever since junior high, she's had this opinion that she's better than everyone else. Lately she's had this thing for Kobra; guess she doesn't like the fact that he spends time with you when he could be spending time with her. Simple, really."
I <3 MCATs

Post by Alex Kerensky »

IC:
After Zeta had explained Faith's situation, Ax nodded. "She really needs to get out more and learn that there are more important things in life than making sure that you are the best." The Cathar sighed and gestured at Zeta's face. "You know, I had not expected to see this much blood in so few days before I headed out to medical school. Are you going to clean yourself up?"
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu »

ic:

Aerandir stood in line watching all his friends at the table. What am I doing? Be a man Aerandir just go over there.

With a little hesitation, Aerandir got up and waked over to the table of his friend.

"Hey guys," he said avoiding eye contact with Kat.

ooc: short, sorry i have to go back out now

Supergirl

Post by RileyKenobi »

"Well, get used to it, Ax," said Zeta with a smirk. "I prolly should...but I don't feel like it." She shrugged when Ax gave her what she took as a reproachful look. "I know that look. Means do it or else..."

Garet chuckled. "That does look nasty. Go wash your face or something, Z," he said, punching her shoulder lightly. Zeta cocked an eyebrow slightly at Garet, and nodded, giving in finally. She looked at Kat before she turned. "And if Faith does anything, just tell me. It's my fault if she tries anything but...yeah. She should be pretty easy to spot," said Zeta with a wink, and left for the washroom.
Daughter of Epona

Post by Starlight »

"So I imagine," Katanya commented dryly and invisioned just what the meglomaniac senior's must be at present. Even in her troubled state, Kat barely covered a chortle. The humor quickly ceased however, as the cause of the fight reasserted itself into her mind.

'Zeta wouldn't tell me what the stories Faith spread are about...And the face that she didn't say anything just doesn't bode well. What could people be talking about that has to do with me?'

A frown creased her pale brow as Katanya tried to push the unpleasant thoughts away, but with only limited success. 'Well..Sooner or later I'll find out, even if I have to pin someone to the lockers to get it out of them.'

"Hey guys."

Katanya all but jumped out of her chair when she recognized the voice. Her face paled at least two more shades as she flashed her gaze over to Aerandir standing just on the perimeter of the group. She wanted nothing more than to pack up and leave, but the idea of wandering around alone on campus right now didn't seem like an all-too bright one.

So, Kat did the first and only thing that she thought was within her current scope of ability. Returning Aerandir's lack of acknowledgement to her and turning back towards the Cathar, Katanya began asking him some questions about the upcoming martial arts session at his mother's dojo.
Keep your confessions,
I know your devils,
I know them by name.
Tamer of Horses

Post by Garet »

"Hey guys." greeted Aerandir as he walked to the table where Garet and his friends sat. Garet noticed that Aerandir wasn't giving any eye contact to Kat, while she had her back turned to Aerandir and conversating with Ax.

Poor guy, it's not completely his fault, I did drag him to hit on Otan's girl. Maybe I should tell that to Kat.

Garet then looked at Kat's wrists.

I hope she doesn't have none of those blades with her and doesn't take it the wrong way.

"Uhhh, Kat. Could I have a word with you outside?" questioned Garet as he motioned at the back yard of the school.
I am Spartacus

Post by Darth_Kirkin »

His morning classes had gone well, he felt no ill effects from whatever he'd been in hospital with and if anything felt better than he'd done in a long time. Walking into the cafeteria he looked round at the faces with a strange feeling. Even though he'd been here many times before, this time felt different.

Standing in line he could hear a good deal of whispering both from people in the queue and peole at the tables he was passing. Alsan was just happy it wasn't him they were talking about and wondered who the poor sap was. The menu was its usual uninteresting self but looking at it he felt a particularly sharp hunger pang and so ordered a double portion of the stew that was on offer. Grabbing some bread he walked slowly, scanning the room for any familiar faces. He caught sight of Garte and a few others he vaguely recognised and headed in their direction.
* Beware the fury of a patient man.

* What's the point in being alive if you're not living?

* "But we can't be free, until we learn to laugh at ourselves. Once you look in the mirror and see just how foolish we can be, laughter is inevitable. And from laughter comes wisdom." - G'Kar, B5
The one and only Stoban

Post by VagueDurin »

Kobra never made it to the lunch room. He finished washing up, and headed towards his locker to grab some cash. The hairs on the b ack of the hazel eyed seniors neck gradually began to rise as he walked down the hallway. He could feel the curious eyes watching him from behind his back, and here and there he would catch a bit of hushed converstion.

"I heard she hit him, twice!"

"...there was blood all over, what a psycho..."

"I heard he and Kat hooked up last night after that fight at the cage..."

Kobra whipped around to face the direction that last comment had come from and watched the small group of sophmore boys go white and then scatter. He sighed, and continued on down the hallway, in no mood to pick a fight right now. As he passed by the womens restrooms he caught sight of Zeta heading his way. With a casual glance Kobra noticed she was suffering from a few battle wounds she hadn't been sporting earlier that morning.

Kobra raised an eyebrow. He'd seen her leaving the room before he had entered... So she must have talked to Kat too. He made eye contact with her and moved over towards a water fountain, his preferred location for a sensitive conversation... "Hey." he said once she was within a decent conversational distance. "Whats going on?" he asked her.
Supergirl

Post by RileyKenobi »

Zeta cocked an eyebrow slightly at Kobra. He was one of the least likely to strike up a conversation with the Kiffar, which surprised her. But, she supposed, I do have blood all over my face. Who could blame him for being curious...add that to the rumors, and well, you've got a great bloody soap opera going on...

"What's going on?"

Zeta used some water from the fountain to splash onto her bloody cheek, washing off the remnants of the dried blood from the gashes Faith had achieved. She looked up at Kobra, wiping her face dry with the back of her hand. "The rumors or Kat?"

"The rumors," said Kobra, furrowing his eyebrows.

"You have your little friend Faith to thank for that," said Zeta in a biting tone. "Granted, it's not your fault, don't take it that way. But your fluctuating interests seemed to have set off her envy meter."
I <3 MCATs

Post by Alex Kerensky »

IC:
"Well," Ax said in response to Kat's question, "practice begins at seven. I guess I could pick you up at your place after dinner or, if you would like, we could have dinner together and then head to practice after."

OOC:
Blargh, short, but, Star, I don't know how Kat will respond, so I am going to have to let you reply.

And, dunno if I mentioned it in some ancient IC, but I am going to assume that I did not and say that practice is at 7.
The one and only Stoban

Post by VagueDurin »

Fluctuating interests?

Kobra blinked a bit and looked at Zeta again. His hazel eyes peering deep into her golden ones. Faith... "I don't think I follow your logic." he said after a few moments... "Fluctuating interests? What does that mean?"
Daughter of Epona

Post by Starlight »

Katanya shrugged. "Either is fine actually. I'll probably just be doing homework until then, so dinner sounds good. Here, I'll give you my phone number and addr-"

"Uhhh, Kat. Could I have a word with you outside?"

Her eyes narrowed while they turned up towards Garet. "I suppose so," she replied shortly and pushed back her chair. Kat glanced back at Aximili. "I doubt this will take long."

Gesturing for Garet to lead the way, she followed him through the maze of the cafeteria, not exactly looking forward to the upcoming conversation. Katanya waited until they were well out of earshot of the group sitting back at the table, and looked around making sure there weren't all that many people in the immediate vicinity.

"Alright, Garet," she began, not waiting for him to initiate what she knew was coming. Leaning back against a support pillar, Katanya resisted the urge to cross her arms over her chest. "I have the general idea of what this is about, so go ahead and tell me that I really didn't see what happened last night, and Aerandir didn't really suck the mouth off that Twi'lek. While you're at it, tell me all about how you knew nothing of what was going to happen at the Cage."
Keep your confessions,
I know your devils,
I know them by name.
Supergirl

Post by RileyKenobi »

Zeta leaned against the wall. "Here, I'll make it simple. You were 'with' Faith for a short while, at least she thought so-"

"But-"

"-don't interrupt!" Zeta snapped.

"-at least she thought you two had mutual feelings, or at least mutual interests. And then suddenly, you're spending time with Kat in an empty classroom doing who know's what; problem is, Faith can fill in that gap with whatever she wants because she has that kind of influence. Here's the problem in a nutshell: Faith likes you, but you spend time with Kat, so Faith hates Kat and gets back at her by opening her trap and blabbing things to the whole school that aren't true," she finished, crossing her arms over her corset. "Granted I probably just started something twice as bad with Faith, but I really don't give a damn...so are you going to tell me anything about what you and Kat talked about in there? I keep hearing rumors (their Faith's concoctions, but still) that there was blood everywhere. But I find that hard to believe."
Tamer of Horses

Post by Garet »

"Alright, Garet," she began, not waiting for him to initiate what she knew was coming. Leaning back against a support pillar. "I have the general idea of what this is about, so go ahead and tell me that I really didn't see what happened last night, and Aerandir didn't really suck the mouth off that Twi'lek. While you're at it, tell me all about how you knew nothing of what was going to happen at the Cage."

Garet scratched his cheek as he began to think what he should say.

"Well, I understand your mad at Aerandir for what he did at the Cage yesteday, I'm not going to say it wasn't him who kissed her. But what I am going to say is that it was my idea for him to do it.' Garet stopped as a group of students passed by them.

'I know I shouldn't have brought Aerandir involved in this but he was Zeek's friend too, and he was willing to do anything to avenge his death. I knew who that Twi'lek was when she left the hotel, and she knew who I was. I couldn't have talked to her at the cage yesteday because she would have known that I would have been looking for information on Zeek's death. That's why I told Aerandir to do it."

Garet then sighed as he crossed his arms.

"Aerandir was heads over heals for you Kat and let me tell you, he wasn't to crazy about what he had to do yesterday but he knew he had to do it for Zeek. And I wasn't to crazy about it myself, that's why I brought you guys to the V.I.P room while we did our business."

"Listen all I'm trying to tell you is don't be mad at Aerandir, be mad at me sice it was my idea. I don't mind, i'll just add you to the list of people that will want to kill me." replied Garet as he gave a weak smile waiting for the reply back.
Daughter of Epona

Post by Starlight »

"Well, that's just very benevolent of you, isn't it Garet," Katanya replied in a low voice. She pushed herself away from the pillar and came to stand just in front of the other Senior so that her words wouldn't carry. It was even possible that the raging heat behind her eyes might scorch Garet's facial skin.

"Very nice of you to clue me into the situation," she continued, her voice dripping with acidic sarcasm. "It really was thoughtful that you and Aerandir invited me to the very place, the same exact building where this little plot of yours was happening." Her eyes narrowed. "That's just so sweet, there are hardly words."

Katanya stepped closer. "See, the key word about Aerandir is was. He was head over heels. Past tense. But you know, even that much I'm having trouble believing. You don't lead someone on like that if you truly care about them."

The more words she said, the more pent-up emotion that slipped past her fragile barriers, the more control Katanya lost until finally, bitter tears fell from her dark eyes, the liquid crystal drops spilling in twin patterns down each side of her cheeks.

"You don't go after another woman while the girl you supposedly care about is in the same goddamn room!"

She hadn't even realized that her voice had risen to a choking yell until several other students looked in her direction, then smirked with knowing grins before turning back to each other and whispering.

It was just enough to push Katanya over the edge.

"I'm through with this, Garet," the girl continued in a lower voice. She took a step back. "I'm through with everything. I'm done crying, I'm done bleeding, and I am done hurting." Katanya hiked a thumb back over her shoulder towards the cafeteria. "You and Aerandir want to go find Zeek's killers? Be my guest. He can go sleep with that Twi'lek for all I care now. I'm already broken, humiliated, and a frelling laughing stock over this entire gods-forsaken school. So go ahead...Because I am done with all of it."

Before she could bring her fists up to deck the senior into unconsciousness, Katanya spun on her her heel and all but ran back into the cafeteria. She made a stop at the table where most of the group was still sitting around and conversing, then grabbed up her book bag. Katanya spared a glance at Aximili, not bothering to scrub away her tears nor to hide her agony from anyone. she was far past caring.

"I've gotta go, Ax..I'll call you after school and we can set something up.."

And with that, before anyone could move to stop her or raise a question, Katanya ran out of the cafeteria and out towards her speeder with the whispers and looks always following at her back.
Keep your confessions,
I know your devils,
I know them by name.
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu »

ic:

"I've gotta go, Ax..I'll call you after school and we can set something up.." Kat said as she grabbed her stuff and ran outside.

"That's it," Aerandir said to himself. He then grabbed his stuff and went out after her.

"Kat!" he yelled after her, "Kat, please wait up."

She turned and gave him a look that very well might have killed him.

"Look," he began, "You may hate me for what I did, I hate me for what I did." He looked right into her eyes, "I'm so sorry, I should have told you, I know that you don't believe me but just please try to give me one more chance."

He could tell by her face that she didn't even want to e on the same planet as him. "You don't believe me? Fine. There's just one thing I want you to know, I love you Kat, ever since I first saw you. I'd say you have no idea how hard this is but you probably do."

"If you don't feel the same way, your speeder's right there, if you do then I'm here." Aerandir eyes began to water, "I-I'm so sorry I did this to you. I love you Kat, and I want you to always remeber that."

He then turned to walk away wiping the tears from his face. As he walked in he saw Nicole, his ex-girlfriend, "Aww Aeran, thats so cute. So even the psychopath won't take you back."

Aerandir became filled with anger, he walked over to her and stared her straight in the eyes. "You call her that again, and I will throw you off the parking lot, it's a long fall. I know"

Daughter of Epona

Post by Starlight »

"I love you, Kat..."

The words washed over her like an icy wave crashing onto the shoreline during a violent storm. She wanted to believe it...She wanted to believe it was all just some horrible, nightmarish misunderstanding. Kat opened her mouth to call after Aerandir's retreating form as he walked back towards the campus and watched him stop just inside the doorway.

Her mouth parted...But no sound came forth. Only a choking sob that tore her throat and shook her entire body. She wanted to believe it...But she couldn't and didn't think that she would ever be able to.

Katanya allowed herself one last look towards Aerandir, fearing to give into the longing and imagine what might have been with him. If he would ever have said those words to her under any other circumstances. In the silence of the parking bay, Katanya could here the whisper of sound as her tears fell to the ground.

"I can't believe in fairy tales anymore..."

And then, she turned back to her speeder and slipped into the driver's chair. Leaning forward against the console and gripping it with numb, shaking hands, Katanya finally gave in to her emotions. Within the haven of her speeder, the young woman wept in silence, as though she could fill an ocean with her tears and still not mourn her broken heart enough.

(ooc: Just for simplicity and to keep things moving, assume that Kat eventually drove herself home before anyone else comes across her)
Keep your confessions,
I know your devils,
I know them by name.
Tamer of Horses

Post by Garet »

After Kat's emotional argument with Garet and Aerandir, the human began to walk towards the table where his friends sat.

Why do all the women have to take things emotionally

Garet then looked at Aerandir as he sat next to him with his eye's staring at the floor, he then noticed that Zeta and Ax where both looking at him.

"Hey, hey don't be looking at me like that. You think this is my fault that all this happened. You think I wanted these two love birds here to end up in a emotional barrel? Aerandir and I both vowed to avenge Zeek's death. with the actions where going there's bound to be reactions. I didn't want it to end up like this but, sadly this had to be one of them." said Garet as he placed his hand on Aerandir's shoulder. He quickly looked at the freshmen behind him who were listening to the conversation, they lowered there heads and continued to eat.

"Heck the one who you should be looking at is Kat, I told her it was my fault that Aerandir did what he had to do, and to blame me instead of this guy. I even told her that Aerandir didn't want to do it at all, but we had to take the chances."

The warning bell rang as it was the end of lunch, Garet left the table as he shook his head, the one thing he hates the most is emotional conversations and problems. He doesn't even know why he's involved in the mess between Aerandir and Kat. Garet began to realize that he might have just made things worse between the two.

I need a cigara he thought to himself as he walked out of the school, skipping class once again.
I <3 MCATs

Post by Alex Kerensky »

IC:
Aximili opened his mouth to say something to Katanya, but decided against it. He watched as she rushed out the door and as Aerandir followed behind. The Cathar sighed and headed off to the lunch line. He pushed his way through and ignored the surprised cries and curses and grabbed some food.

After paying for his meal, the Cathar returned to his table and sat down without speaking. First week of school. Two -- or was it three -- fights. One cut class. Met a new person, and now she is likely very depressed over an incident with Aerandir. And there is nothing that I can really do about it. Wow, what a great week. And, it is only, what, Wednesday? And I have physics next. Great. Yay. Well, at least I will see Kat after school. Hopefully.

Ax picked at his food, his stomach telling him that he was not hungry. Knowing that he had to eat, the Cathar stuffed the meal into his mouth and stood. He glanced at his watch and turned to his friends. “Guys, I am heading off to class or something. Or maybe the gym. Catch you guys later.”
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu »

ic:

After the confrentation with Nicole, Aerandir heard the sound of speeder engines and he looked to the parking lot. He saw Kat's speeder lift off and fly off into the Corusant sky.

"Well," he said, "there she goes. Wait, NO, I'm not giving her up. I have to fix this, I made this mess, I'm going to fix it."

Aerandir then ran outside and hopped in his speeder. He revved it up and took off in the direction Kat just went. Come on, where are you? Where are you? He focused extremly hard and all of sudden he could see her, although everything was blurry, he tried to make out the details around her. Finally he had a slighrt idea of where she was. Was it the Force that helped him? He didn't know, in any event he thought he knew where she was and sped off after her.

The one and only Stoban

Post by VagueDurin »

Kobra wrinkled his forhead slightly. On one hand, Zeta did appear to be Kats freind... But on the other hand Kat had made it fairly clear she didn't want Zeb opening his mouth to anyone. He screamed mentally. How the hell did he get himself in the middle of something like this. He went to run his hand back through his hair and groaned in pain. Not being in the sling anymore he had forgotten all about his damaged left arm.

Kobra quickly leaned against the wall, and grabbed the arm just under the red bandanna he wore in rememberance to his brother. After gritting his teeth for a moment, he flashed a smile towards Zeta... "Don't ask." he said, regarding the arm. "Well, you were in there before I was... I just stepped in cause she looked like she needed some help... and she told me in the harshest way that she didn't want any help, and left." He said, telling the story as broadly as he could.
Supergirl

Post by RileyKenobi »

Zeta could see that Kat had asked Kobra not to tell anyone, so she didn't press the matter any further. She nodded. "Well, whatever happened in there, she seemed to calm down, so I suppose I should thank you," she said, shrugging. Zeta gave him a lopsided smile that wrinkled her dark, razor-edged tattoos in the corner of her face. "We all know what it's like to be new."

Loud clicks of shoes on the tile flooring attracted Kobra's attention past Zeta's shoulder, and she turned to catch a fleeting glimpse of Kat kicking open the double doors and running out into the parking lot. Ten seconds later, Aerandir burst out of the cafeteria and went running after her. Zeta gave an exasperated sigh, giving Aerandir's back a look of disgust.

"Knowing him, he'll probably screw it up evenmore," she said. "How lovely. With a beginning like this, who knows what sh!t we'll be in by the end."

She turned back around and nodded gratefully at Kobra. "Thanks. I'll probably see you in some other class, but I'm not sure I'll be entirely awake. See yah."

Zeta walked down the hall just as the warning bell rang, and she made her way to her science class, tired and emotionally drained. She looked around, eyebrows furrowed and golden eyes flashing curiously. She hadn't seen Cal since Econ. Wonder where he is. Prolly sleeping in a corner somewhere. I wouldn't blame him... Zeta thought with a yawn.
The one and only Stoban

Post by VagueDurin »

Kobra watched Aerandir chase after Kat and part of him felt sorry for each of them. Sorry for Kat for having to deal with the boy, and sorry for Aeran because he knew that Kat could never open herself back up to the senior after what had happened between them. He then turned back to Zeta, and returned her nod with an equally silent, but understanding nod. He smirked a bit after she left. He never did understand how she got along with him as well as she did... Shrugging, he sighed a bit.

So he was spending time with Kat... He hadn't really noticed it until now, but he could almost see where that perception was coming from. Frowning, he shoved off the wall, still holding his sore arm, and started down the hallway. He sent a few glares towards a few of the larger group of people who whispered behind his back while he stalked down the hallway back towards his locker. His imposing form causing most of the students to stop talking until he was out of earshot, and some of them just scurried away altogether.

He rounded a corner and continued on walking. He passed the dark room that the photography class used and could have sworn he heard a familiar voice coming from it, but mentally shrugged and continued on. He made it another few yards before he noticed the group of girls all gathered around a locker in front of him. It was her. He turned, not sure why he was heading back or what he was going to do, and headed into the dark room. He shut the door behind him and walked further in, having a hard time locating the source of the noise.

Suddenly there was pain in his arm and he turned in time to catch one of Faiths weakly flung arms. His left arm burned from the pain that her first blow caused. She managed to get her other hand around his throat and push him back into a wall, but her grip was far to weak for it to do any damage. Kobra stared straight into Faiths deep blue eyes, remaining calm despite the fact that he wanted to be angry.

Faith on the other hand, was mad with fury. Her lips were quivering with barely controlled rage as she tried to set Kobra ablaze with her eyes. But rage wasn't all the girl felt. Her heart ached with a throbbing pain. Ever beat squeezed her head with a little bit more pressure, trying to ring the tears out of her. "Why Kobra?" She said, barely keeping from yelling. "Damnit why!?" She tried to squeeze his neck harder. "Was I not good enough? You could have anyone in this school. Why her? That... That little psychotic tramp..."

Kobra let go of her right hand and knocked her grip off of his neck before shoving her back against the other wall hard enough to get his point across but not hard enough to hurt her. He trapped her there between him and the wall, not breaking his stare into her eyes. "First of all, Faith, she isn't a tramp. Second of all, I haven't laid a hand on her." he spat at her. He stopped her from squirming away, holding her jaw in his hand he turned her face back to make her look him in the eyes. "You need to listen, and listen very carefully. I do not want a relationship right now. I don't want a girlfriend, and I don't have time to entertain a friendship with benefits. I don't have a trust fund, and my mommy and daddy don't take care of me. I've got to live on the outside of your fantasy world and right now I've got sh!t to deal with." he said, and paused to let that sink in.

Faith shook her head as he started talking to her and tried to get away, but he was too strong. "How dare you... You think your life's so sad, and hard... You've been singing that same song since before I met you. Give it up you peasant." She spat at him, trying to force anger in to her tone even though tears were pouring out of her eyes. "Do you think its easy, having to please your parents expectations? To live your life in a spotlight? To be told how to smile, how to laugh, how to dress, and how to talk? I have a stronger relationship with the holo-net repair guy than I do my own father for siths sake!" she finished, balling now. "All I wanted was to feel normal. Ok, there, I said it. I want to be like everyone else! I want to wear hand-me downs, and to copy off of someone else's homework. I want to cut class and smoke cigarras! I want to break curfew and have sex!" She was practically screaming now. "And after you lead me on for months, you tell me all of a sudden you don't have time? You are every bit the bastard they say you are."

Kobra blinked a bit by the onslaught, before he regained his composure. "And you're a saint? Please, don't feed me that bull Faith. How many peoples lives and reputations have you ruined over the years because you wanted something they had? Do you think that's ok? Do you think what you did today, by telling all those lies, was ok? Tell me, if that would have caused me to come running back to you, would that justify the pain you've caused? huh? No don't look away, look me in the eyes and tell me you aren't really the biggest b!tch I've ever met." He paused, but all he got in return was more tears. "Here's the deal, you can't have me, Faith. You never could have, and you never will. Now you stay away from me, and you stay away from Kat. She doesn't have anything to do with you, and I don't want to." And with that, Kobra turned and kicked the door open and stalked out and down the hallway, leaving faith to herself.

Faith burst into a stronger sobbing fit as he continued his verbal assault on her. Then he said it. The words she thought she'd never hear, and the ones that she never wanted to hear again. you can't have me, Faith. You never could have, and you never will. She watched him leave, but was too stunned and torn apart to do or say anything. She slowly sunk down the wall, hugging her knees to her chest and resting her forehead atop them, she sobbed. It didn't take long for her so called friends to arrive, and immediately she lost it. She stood, shoving them out of the way, and ran out of the dark room, and down the hallway, balling her eyes out. For the first time since junior high, she didn't care what people thought...

Faith found herself in the girls lockeroom of the gymnasium. Last block physical education was still going and the locker room was empty. Her heartbeat was echoing loudly through her mind, and her eyes wouldn't stop putting out tears as she stared at herself through the mirror. With her hands holding herself up on either side of the sink, she watched herself for a long time, as she started cursing everything, and everyone. From her parents, to her friends, to everyone else in this school, to herself, and then back again. The cycle continued, and suddenly she wretched forward and vomited into the sink, her nerves going so haywire that they'd twisted her stomach up a little too much.

"I bet you feel great now, don't you Mommy." She said into the mirror. "Look at me now, Mommy, aren't you proud? I've got perfect lips, the perfect body, my teeth are perfectly straight, my eyebrows perfectly symmetrical. I've got perfectly stupid friends, and perfect stupid grades. And I'm going to grow up into a perfectly drunk ass woman with too much money, just like your perfect ass self." she screeched and started ripping out her blonde hair. "How does that feel, Mommy? What's it like to see your daughter not perfect, huh?"

And then she wretched again. Gasping for air, and crying even more, she kept ripping out her hair. Then she grabbed her bag, and started to write down her thoughts. Pausing every so often to claw a bloody line down her arm, or across her chest, or down her calf. She kept writing, venting out everything she could think of, denouncing her mother, and her father, and herself... She apologized for things she'd done to students all the way back in junior high school... She remembered everything like it was yesterday...

She left the 5 pages of paper that were now completely covered in writing or blood, sometimes both, on the bench... Now she stood in one of the locker rooms many shower stalls, the water was running, but she was still fully clothed. She was still talking to herself, murmuring curses she didn't even remember learning about things she wished she could long ago have forgotten about. She ripped her shirt down the front as she sunk down to the bottom of the shower stall, still crying... As she reached to get back up her hand came in contact with the cool metal chain that hung down from near the ceiling where the shower head was located. Biting her lip slightly she yanked with all her weight and the chain came off of the shower head and pooled around her feet.

Faith didn't pause. She grabbed hold of the chain, and walked out of the shower. Swinging the chain up and over one of the many pipes that criss-crossed the locker rooms ceiling, she caught the other end, and tugged. She knew the pipe would hold her weight, back when they were in Junior high they had had practice here for gymnastics and they used to swing from the same pipe all the time then. It only took her a few moments to twist and tie the chain just right... It took more than one hand to count the times she'd gotten this far before her parents had stopped her... Tears still cascading down her cheeks, Faith began to pull on one end of the chain. Soon she had it tight enough and finished tying it. She closed her eyes tightly, and let out one last audible sob before moaning a bit. Her life flashing before her, trying to find one shed of goodness that would convince her not to keep going... She didn't find anything. With one last curse for her parents, she bit her lip again? This time hard enough to draw blood. Faith pushed off the bench and then the world went black as her neck snapped and she went limp, hanging from the ceiling of the locker room.

It was about 15 minutes before the bell rang to end the period when the PE class was dismissed to go to showers, and that was when one unlucky freshman walked into the locker room to find vomit in the sink mixed with hair and a trail of blood leading from the bench to the shower. Then two of her friends walked past her and into the room, and there were screams as they found Faith, hanging dead from the ceiling...
Last edited by VagueDurin on Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daughter of Epona

Post by Starlight »

Punching the throttle to its highest capabilities, Katanya felt a slight sense of deja vu as she sped through the mid-day traffic that made navigation all but impossible-not that it mattered much to her at the moment. Even if she splattered her vehicle and innards all over a building, it was worth it just to get off-campus and away from the Hell that it had become.

'I can't believe it..I just can't..'

Katanya slammed the controls downwards, taking the speeder into a tight corkscrew that made her drop out of the daylight and into the cavernlike spaces inbetween the massive buildings and skyhooks. The sudden dive sent a weightless feeling through her body, and for a moment, Kat felt free of all the troubles, all the problems that were plauging her.

Levelling out her dive before she could fall all the way to the bedrock sector, Katanya began looping back up towards the daylight. Her mind, like a broken holovid player, kept repeating over her confrontation with Garet and Aerandir. One conclusion kept forcing itself to the surface of her mind even as her speeder broke through the crest of Coruscan's sky-scrapers.

They both knew..And they did it anyway.'

Katanya's eyes narrowed to dangerous slits as she gave herself over to the break-neck pace. She slipped like a sea serpent through the air, causing slower-moving ships and transports to veer out of her way or stop and pray she wouldn't slam into them.

'He turned and walked away..How could he say he loved me and then just..just..walk away?' In truth, Aerandir hadn't even truly paused to wait for her response...

Biting off a snarl of humiliated anger, Katanya's cheeks flushed and paled with the realization of her own stupidity. How stupid she had been for believing in such a slippery, insubstantial thing as emotions and feelings. It wasn't just Aerandir's fault..It was her own naivte, her own continuing blindness to what reality really was.

'Fine. He made his decision and cemented it last night, the moment he kissed that Twi'lek. He left me hanging out to dry and didn't think I was important enough to be warned beforehand. He could have told me...He should have told me. And he didn't..He just fed me to the wolves instead.'

There was no other explaination possible. If he had thought about her at all, Aeran would have realized that nothing like that would stay secret for long. It would have been all over campus today..Just like the current rumors now circulating about Katanya. And that alone was enough to send her into a murderous rage.

As she zipped through the various streams of traffic at dangerous speeds, Katanya didn't particularly care where she ended up. So long as it wasn't home just yet.

The more she thought things through, the colder her body became, as though her skin were slowly turning to ice, her heart freezing into an impermiable shell that nothing could get past. Even her anger became cold and reptillian, honed and forged into a perfectly-balanced weapon to be used with as much carelessness and disregard as had been shown to her.

He made his decision..So now it's my turn.'
Keep your confessions,
I know your devils,
I know them by name.
Vox
Adenn Mirshko

Post by Vox »

OOC: Here is that long awaited intro ;) :

IC:

Standing in the refresher Cinis Veras slowly ran his hands through his short night black hair. His eyes closed as hot water ran over his body the Kiffar was smirking lightly at the slight pain that radiated through his body. The slight soreness was a welcome feeling to him; it made him think back to his ‘delinquent’ days as his father had worded it. His father was a well to do business man that had found the right stock, rode it till it peaked and sold it for every deci-cred it was worth. It had led to instant money and instant separation from his son. His mother had gotten everything she wanted and then some, jewelry, invitations to the ritzy parties of the elite and a penthouse on Treasure Ship Row in Coronet City.

When the appeal of that had worn off on Cinis’s mother told his father she wanted to move to Coruscant, for what reason Cinis never knew but his trouble causing days were one of the reasons his dad had agreed to leave. They had never been really close, but his dad always showed up for his spike ball games before he got the money. Afterward he’d send a recorder droid or just give Cinis a present as an apology. It had been clear to Cinis that his dad didn’t care about his success anymore so Cinis had stopped caring as well. Using the presents his dad gave him he began pawning it off for what is was worth and hitting up his father for money--he gave it away like it was candy--Cinis invested in buying weapons, filtered down vials of spice and what he learned had been the most important: fighting lessons.

At the age of thirteen Cinis hadn’t thought much of the lessons. Taking as many classes as he could in as many types of fighting as he could after school he had quickly realized his athletic nature let him be a very adept fighter. Sometimes he had even skipped school to train and workout which had started his plunge into that ‘delinquent’ stage. While away from school the Kiffar had noticed various denizens hanging around a local warehouse, or as he would learn to call it “Rage’s Den”. The place was an all in one place at night. Night club, bar, casino, all legal stuff on the upstairs, down in the ‘Den’ however things were rougher and that is where Cinis had spent much of his freshman year in high school. After getting caught in a shoving match with one of the owner’s henchmen as he tried to steal Cinis’s wallet the owner had ordered him to fight the man or die. He’d fought the guy, bare fisted, and won in a bloody mess of a fight and he loved every minute of it.

After that fight Cinis became addicted to the place. He made a deal with the owner to go to school to keep the owner from getting busted and to keep him from getting tailed, his reward in return was to get half the winnings from the fights rather then the third fighters normally got and he could fight as many times as he wanted to in a night. That addition to the contract had gotten him tough enough to fight at places like the “Firepit”, “Viper’s” and even “Sel’s Hell”. He’d been sixteen when he’d first fought there, been sixteen when he lost his first fight there and been sixteen when he won the championship to the place for bare knuckle fighters. It had put him on the map in Corellia’s underworld and had also ended up putting him in juvie, which had led to him being where he was now, on Coruscant stuck in some plush five hundredth floor penthouse with two parents who used each other to maintain appearances. With a broken promise from his father of “it’ll be great, its Coruscant.”

“Some fun this turned out to be. The only good thing I’ve gotten around here so far is that swoop and finding the ‘Cage’.” Pressing his hands up against the wall of the shower he flexed his back and shoulders the pain increasing enough to cause him to grunt slightly and look up at a bloody knuckle. The sight of the one bloody knuckle force him to have a flashback to the previous night and the first fight he’d had in eight months.

Listen up you scum we’ve got a real treat on our hands tonight, or at least the boss says. Apparently a mynock loving Corellian has decided to show his wit in the ring for the first time ever against Fors in a bare fisted boxing match. They say Corellian’s don’t have any use for odds but if you ask me even this guy has lost his mind!

The announcer hadn’t been the worst Cinis had heard, but it’d been real close. He’d done what the manager, Edge; he thought his remembered his name was, said he would. Dressed in his normal fighting garb of black gi pants and no shirt Cinis knew his figure had been impressive. Six foot three, two hundred twenty pounds of muscle and not an inch of fat on his upper body anywhere. On either arm at the edge of his shoulder ran three black jagged scares that looked as if a beast had slashed him deep and he had ignored the treatment to leave the scars. The middle one was the thickest running from the edge of his armpit in front to the same point, but slightly lower in the back. The top scar was the shortest, where the bottom one was the longest, but also the thinnest. Shaking out his arms he had seen the manager give the sign to fight and that was last he fully remembered paying attention to anything outside the ring till the fight was over. His opponent was easily two inches taller then he was and size wise another eighty pounds without a doubt. Apparently he was one of Edge’s high end fighters since Edge had said he’d heard of Cinis and his championship he decided to test him. It didn’t matter to Cinis though a fight was a fight.

Stepping toward the much bigger man Cinis bounced on the balls of his feet lightly as he eyed the man up slowly. Using his attuned senses the Kiffar saw the big man lean slightly to his left and begin pulling his right fist around ducking under it as it made a ‘whooshing’ noise when it passed. With fists about half the size of Cinis’s head he had no intention of letting Fors hit him.

Come on, just focus you’ll find your edge again. He thought to himself stepping back half a step before stepping in landing a quick right handed uppercut to the man’s exposed ribs bouncing right back outside his reach.

Should’ve broken at least two ribs with that, concentrate, focus. Side stepping in a grapevine manner the blue eyed eighteen year old circled his opponent his quickness still deceiving to the large man he was fighting. Stepping in again he landed a quick jab before feeling a knee meet him in the stomach. Doubling over he flexed his back as an axe handled blow hit him square on the spine sending him to all fours. Letting out a quick breath he rolled away instinctively and stood again eyeing Edge. The man had said fists only and stuck to his word when he began yelling at the big man to keep it ‘clean’.

Good, I’ve got at least one ally in this place when I win. Watching the big man come at him Cinis stepped side ways again spinning fast and landing a hard right handed punch to the kidney area of his opponent. It was a dirty move and even Cinis knew it, but payback was payback. Hearing the shouts of Edge Cinis raised a hand to let him know he understood and let Fors come at him again. Ducking the hasty, slow, and broadcasted left cross aimed at his head the Kiffar came up just on the other side of the left arm of his opponent and landed a quick right to make him stumble. Not wanting to lose the advantage he followed the stagger landing a left hook followed by a powerful right uppercut to his exposed rib cage and he felt a few ribs give way.

There it is…keep cool and stay in the rhythm. Dropping his left shoulders slightly and raising his right he switched south paw as Fors turned toward him now confused enough to cause hesitate.

Gotcha now. With a quick shuffle of his feet Cinis moved to finish the fight. A quick left cross to the man’s jaw, enough power to dislocate it but not enough to break it, and a following combination right hook to his lower side breaking two more of the man’s ribs. Pressing into the man with a quick pull back as he dodged a wildly thrown right jab the smaller fighter swung high with his right this time, breaking his jaw and sending him down to one knee.

No mercy, Edge said it, no mercy in this place. Taking one step forward Cinis made a noise for the first time in the fight, a grunt as he slammed his left fist into the man’s upper chest knocking the wind out of him. Taking a step back to avoid the man’s fall onto both knee’s and one hand Cinis side stepped quickly and brought his right hand down on the side of Fors’s head. He dropped fast, like a hutt, and stayed down breaking Cinis’s separation with everything outside the ring as he did when the bell rang.

Opening his eyes Cinis stared at the water dribbling down the tiles of the refresher, his thoughts still on the rush the fight had given him until he heard his father’s voice and a knock on the door. “Let’s go Cinis your already late for school.”

Pushing his head back he let the water hit his face for a few more seconds before turning it off and stepping out the shower drying off and wrapping the towel around his waste. Running his right hand through his short cut hair again he saw the bloody knuckle and shook his head. You’ve lost some of your edge, not much, but it’ll get you beat if you don’t get it back fast.