The Price of Immortality

Takes place immediately after the Battle of Yavin
Tales and stories set during the events of Episodes 4-6...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Mean Machine
Location: Mos Eisley Spaceport, You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Post by R2F2 »

"So the hunter is obivously in love with what is yours, once again proving how selfish humans are!" Eric scoffed. "I wouldn't be surprised if he comes back for her and causes you more grief. Who knows what he has brainwashed into your precious Raine."

Marius acknowledged by making eye contact, but didn't reply. Eric took note of his brother's compassion for this women, it only made him sick to his stomach.

Once they arrived back at USC building, Eric quickly climbed out of the limo. It was obivous a special event was to take place tonight. Security was doubled, making it near impossible for even a jedi to brake in. Also stood a few reporters standing outside from an apparant leak of information which turned out to be false. "Mr. Lebrun, we heard your selling the company, is this true?" A reporter shouted.

"Nonsense! Where do you get your information from?"

"Than what's with all the....."

"Excuse me, I am VERY busy, you all have been mislead!" Eric's face tightened as he spoke. He turned to enter the building and was instantly hounded by his tight knit group of "shareholders". He approached one wearing an all too familiar dark gray suit. He put his hand to the side of his face to cover his lips. "Have a patrol search this building inside and out for the man my driver sent you pictures of earlier. I want him dead, understood!?"

"Yes, my lord." The man motioned to a group of guards and forcefully entered the building.

Eric tilted his head in search of Marius. "Ah! Marius, my medics will carry Raine from now on, you can follow me. Don't worry, she is safe and in well trained hands now, they are the best of the best." 'At least they better be, I spent to much time and money' he thought. He raised two fingers and motioned for his men to follow him inside. He glanced back to make sure Marius was there, similiar to a con man, always keeping an eye on his target. "We will be heading to a watch area, so we can see the procedure in person." Everything was happing at a fast pace, which was good, it kept certain people confused. They made a few turns until they approached a turbo lift. On their way up, Eric stared at Marius from the corner of his eye as he displayed a faint eerie smile.
"You're a fiesty little one, but you'll soon learn some respect." --EV-9D9 to R2-D2
Rational Delirium

Post by UnknownSector »

Shade watched the speeder scream off into the air, feeling as though someone had ripped out part of his soul and run off with it, leaving a void in his essence. He felt a tingle in the back of his mind, telling him that there was something very, very wrong. He jumped into his own vehicle and chased after the vampires, staying at a safe distance to remain undetected.

The hunter trailed them to an upscale commercial district, where the sleek transport stopped amid a flurry of activity. Shade saw Raine entrusted to the care of medical personnel and Eric lead Marius off in another direction. Scanning the building, he noted the intense security barring the entrances. That’ll help a lot.

Swinging the speeder skyward, Shade hovered high over the roof of the skyscraper and cut his repulsors. Left without vertical support, the speeder plummeted downward with increasing speed, straight toward the flat-topped building. Hold… hold… Now! Shade flicked the power back on, sending the repulsors buzzing in protest as they tried to slow his momentum toward the steel-roofed structure.

Stopping a scant few inches above the roof, Shade clambered out of the speeder and found a locked access hatch. His disruptor attachment made short work of the locking mechanism, enabling the hunter to enter the building. Should be easy enough… Find out what’s happening to Raine and the get back out again. Maybe I could even – His thoughts were halted by the ringing of shoes in the corridor.

The security guard stepped around the corner and dropped silently as Shade’s guns smashed into the back of his skull. Withdrawing a stiff roll of reinforced adhesive, Shade taped the man’s mouth shut before securing his wrists and ankles. The hunter continued moving down toward the lower levels, trying to find clues as to what was going on.
Madness, I tell you. We need more pirates.
Mean Machine
Location: Mos Eisley Spaceport, You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Post by R2F2 »

A clear pane of glass was all that stood in between Marius and Raine. Both rooms were lit dimly by the flickering light of candles and filled with a overwhelming stagnant odor. The room occupied by Marius, Eric and two other vampires was undersized with only enough room to stand. Both rooms had light gray concret walls and cool to the touch black marble tiles. It may have already become clear to Marius that this was no operating area and that Eric's intentions were not of helping Raine. Raine was left by herself on a steel table in the middle of the room shackled and a ancient tomb was placed at the end wall. Made from mystic's of old the stone tomb stood exalted. Eric looked up and down from where he stood at it's intricate markings and an outlined image of the vampire lord on it's seal. "Flawless wouldn't you say?"

"What is going on, you said.....!?" Marius was interupted by a resounding chant. Four men with long black robes entered the souless room to surround Raine. They had simliar markings found on the tomb stiched in white on back of the black cloth.

"The war on humans begin's today and I am going to be at the forefront!" Eric eyed the two vampires in the tiny room and nodded. The two violently grabbed Marius by both arms and pulled him back. "I will be this worlds savior, with vampire lord as my weapon, we will win." Eric said calmly. "Hopefully you will choose the right side....brother." He slid a hidden side door open and proceeded over to Raine. He brushed his had slowly across her cheek "Don't worry.... salvation comes soon" he said quietly. He glanced back at Marius to see him struggle with the vamps.

Morte. Shi. Dood. Tod. Death. These words echoed continuously in the back of Eric Lebrun's mind. He wasn't sure what they meant, until he said them aloud. He cautionsly approached the tomb, the sound of it's opening sent chills down everyone's spine and brought a joyus smile to Eric's face.

"Sharund-roth." he whispered.
"You're a fiesty little one, but you'll soon learn some respect." --EV-9D9 to R2-D2
Daughter of Epona

Post by Starlight »

'Breathe...Just...Breathe...'

Too drained to resist, too beaten to fight..and yet..too proud to scream with the terror that had welled within her quivering flesh. She hardly had the strength to control the shallow, erratic breathing that still pulled oxygen into her lungs. Eyelids fluttered open for a moment before falling closed once more in weakness. Clinging to her last memories and thoughts of Marius holding her, murmuring into her ear that everything would be alright, Raine tried to summon her courage for what lay in store. Anything that would allow her to feel that caress against her cheek...

There were words around her, but Raine couldn't make out their meanings. Her mind searched for the unique resonance of Marius's voice, but the Vampire was not among the strangers surrounding her. The rhythmic chanting rose and fell in unison, like obsidian sharp waves crashing on the shore of some desolate coastline devoid of life. The voices permeated the room where Raine was held, moving like a tangible creature who's sole purpose in this realm was to drain and absorb any life, any spirit that it touched.

It stole her memories, her essence with every pulse of rhythm, peeling away the outer layers of Raine's mind until her soul was bared and shackled upon the icy slab of hard steel.

Raine whimpered softly and tried to call out Marius's name, but found that she couldn't find her voice; it had been swept away by the dark, ominous currents floating around the room like a brooding storm just a pulse count away from unleashing it's full fury. Its fingers lashed against her spirit, slowly gripping onto her mind and taking out a piece of Raine at a time until it was almost a feat beyond her strength to remember her own name.

"Don't worry....Salvation comes soon."

Even in her weakened state, Raine automatically flinched away from the cold, calculating touch in atavistic reaction. She whimpered again, her eyes slowly opening and closing as they regained and lost focus.

Then, as if the heartbeat of the sinister creature born of voice had been slain...The chanting ceased. And in its wake was something that was so evil, so menacing that it dripped with liquid darkness, that it was beyond the scope of mortal terror. Without opening her eyes, Raine suddenly knew what it felt like to be a mouse underneath the talons of a hunting raptor about to strike.

"Sharund-roth."

Without volition, the mere incantation of the ancient name snapped Raine's gaze open and drew it to the figure that had emerged from its eternal tombic prison.

And Raine screamed...
The Rev.

Post by Shaggy »

ooc:Sorry to break the non ooc stuff but the next post is mine so everyone wait please.
The Rev.

Post by Shaggy »

Marius sat in the limo and listened to this brother speak. Really not paying him any mind, he concentrated on Raine.

""Marius..I..feel so cold..." She had barely enough energy to get that out. Marius quickly wrapped her tighter in the blanket, trying desperately to stimulate warmth. It would not be long now. Marius could see Eric's building coming up on the horizon.

When they arrived there was a massive crowd of holo-journalists and reporters. The second the door opened they swarmed on Eric. Using this to his advantage, Marius went out the other door and used his enhanced speed to move past everyone and into the building. After Eric had pushed his way past the throng of people he said,

"Ah! Marius, my medics will carry Raine from now on, you can follow me. Don't worry, she is safe and in well trained hands now, they are the best of the best.

*" They better be for your sake brother."* Marius thought to himself. They moved through the building quickly. Marius did not say much, neither did Eric. But with almost every step, Marius could feel the strength running out of his beloved. The medics met them on the top floor and they took Raine from Marius. Eric convinced him to wait in a small room until the doctors had checked her out.

Once in the room, Marius felt something that struck him as pure evil. He could not see anything in the other room until some candles were lit. There was a large box, no wait, a coffin on one side of the room. There were hieroglyphs all over it and it did not take a linguist to make out that there was death to who ever opened this vessel. The "medics" brought Raine and placed her on a steel table in the middle of the candles. She tried to move but couldn't.

"Flawless wouldn't you say?" Eric said with a look of utter pleasure on his face.

"What is going on, you said.....!?" Marius was cut short by loud chanting. Some vampires dressed in long black robes moved into the room and began to repeat the same five words over and over again.

"The war on humans begins today and I am going to be at the forefront!" Eric said as two vampires came and grabbed Marius by the arms violently ripping him away from the glass. "I will be this worlds savior, with vampire lord as my weapon, we will win." Eric said calmly. "Hopefully you will choose the right side....brother."

With that Eric moved through a side door and out towards Raine. Marius could not hear what was said to her but it could not have been good. Marius struggled against his captures and managed to get his right arm free when a scream pierced through the glass. Marius's heart sank and the darkness came. But it was something like never before, driven by passion and by betrayal it erupted within Marius. He slid out of the arms of one attacker and with everything in he struck at its head impaling his fingers into the side of his neck. Dropping to the floor, the vampire started to turn into dust. Turning toward the other Marius readied himself for the next attack but it did not come. Instead the vampire was looking at something behind Marius. Marius turned and saw the most horrible visage he had ever witnessed and it was moving toward Raine.
Rational Delirium

Post by UnknownSector »

Shade crept silently through the halls of the immense building, searching for any and all activity. Jumping into a turbolift, he shot down a level before emerging into another maze of corridors, this time in a maintenance level. Wires, cables, and pipes crisscrossed overhead as Shade moved softly along, looking for any and all clues. Sneaking a quick glance down the next hall, the hunter spotted an approaching guard and decided to bluff through it.

The security agent jumped back as Shade walked out into the open, helmet in hand. “You! What are you doing?” He spread his arms apart slightly, nonthreatening. “Sorry, mate. I’m supposed to be on duty outside wherever the big event is; new pilot and bodyguard, y’know. Got myself a bit twisted around. Haven’t had time to memorize this place's layout.”

The guard relaxed visibly. “Seven floors down. There’s a big ceremony room. Can’t miss it.” Shade grinned companionably, despite his initial internal terror at the mention of a ceremony. Dark power. I knew I felt something. He strolled slowly away and entered the lift, dropping down to the level and breaking into a sprint. His feet banged on the floor, sounding like a death knell for his newfound love.

Suddenly he felt a cold chill flowing fast down the hall. What the…? He had no time to finish his thought before an unseen power that cast a shroud of blackness over his mind smashed forcibly into him and flung him over on his back, gasping. Bad… very bad. Struggling to his feet, Shade charged toward the feeling of terror, somehow managing to avoid the increasing fear that threatened to choke him.

Skidding to a halt before a row of windows, Shade peered through the soundproof transparisteel as the crowds of vampires. His mind noted Marius struggling with a few other vampires, and Eric Lebrun standing off to one side, watching the proceedings with a sadistic gleam in his eyes and a cruel grin. But these sights paled in comparison to the sight of Raine, trapped on a table as the terrifying undead predator relentlessly approached.
I <3 MCATs

Post by Alex Kerensky »

OOC:
Btw, that stuff that I said, the Shi, Dod, Morte, or something, my first line of my post. That all is death in various languages.

IC:
Sharund-roth chuckled as he approached the frightened girl. She had screamed and he had laughed. His laughter echoed in the ceremonial room, and the occupants cowered. The sound was horrible, the wails of despair and agony, torture and death, pain and sorrow, riding on the noise that flowed from Sharund-roth's open mouth. The vampire lord closed his mouth and smiled, revealing long, thin, white teeth.

He stepped forward onto stage on which the girl had been lain. Sharund-roth smoothed back his flowing white hair and took the girl's hand, holding it in his own long-fingered claws. "So, you are the one who has set me free from my tomb. Thank you so much."

The girl cowered, no noise escaping from her throat. The smile appeared on Sharund-roth's pale visage, sending chills into everyone's hearts. The other vampires, unable to gaze upon their master's sight any longer, looked away.

"Now, what is this?" the monster asked the girl. "You are afraid. That is good, for fear can be molded and used." The lord of death licked his teeth and his eyes glowed blue as he took hold of the girl's chin. "Learn to fear."

So, you are this Moiraine de la Corseau, the one who has come to free me. Do you know what you have done, child? Of course you do not. As his words flowed into the girl's mind, Sharund-roth walked around the statue-like form. He kept his hand on the girl's scalp, but his eyes traveled around the room, gazing into the souls of everyone present. I am Sharund-roth, the ruler of this world. I am the gatherer of souls, the drinker of sorrows, the king of the damned. And, yet, you have come to free me.

And how shall I reward you? Normally, I would have taken your life and feasted on your soul and memories, making them my own. But, you have freed me from an eternity of slumber and imprisonment. You have released me to the world. As such, I will not drink your soul and your memories. I will not make them my meal. I will simply sample them, taste them.

The vampire took a step forward and stood directly in front of the girl. His free hand came forward to tip her head up so he could gaze into the eyes of the terrified girl. Her face, pale from sickness and delirium, returned his look. He smiled, and she winced, refusing to meet his stare.

His hand left her scalp and encircled her throat, nails digging into the white flesh. Fingers tightened and the girl gasped, croaked, as she fought for air. Sharund-roth's claws sliced into her throat, piercing skin and muscle, drawing forth blood. And his hand released her, returning to its perch, holding her head.

The vampire leaned forward and his tongue flicked out to sample the ruby flow of life. His eyes closed as he savored the first meal in eons. He drank the blood, quenching his thirst, soothing his parched throat. And he stepped back.

Such sweet wine. Your blood is good, that of an innocent child. But, not too innocent. For what is that I sense? The smile returned. What is that? Father, mother, and you. And where are these people? Do you care to tell me? Sharund-roth let out another deep laugh as he sensed utter resistence in the girl's clouded mind. You cannot block me; you cannot resist me. What can you, a child, do to me, the King of the Damned?

His cruel laughter caused everyone in the room to wince and cover their ears. The girl tried to wrench her body free from his death grasp, but Sharund-roth only squeezed tighter, his fingers digging into the girl's skull. Crimson blood dribbled down her face. He watched the pure anguish wash over her face as he pried deeper into her memories and soul.

You see, you cannot escape. Why make the pain any greater for yourself? What is it you are hiding? The fact that you killed your mother? The girl screamed before breaking into broken sobs. Tears mixed with the blood oozing over her cheeks and chin. Oops, did I say that? Ah, so that is it; you killed your mother? I can see it. What a great child you were, always causing problems.

The girl continued to struggle but the Lord of the Undead cared not; he relished the anguish and hate and pain flowing from the girl's sorrows. Why fight this? You know it is true. Perhaps, if you had been more obedient, listened to your parents, she would not have, what, taken her own life. My, how gruesome it must have been to watch your mother kill herself. And to know that you are the one who caused her to fall to the abyss.

There are places for children such as you, eternal damnation. But, no, I promised you a reward for freeing me, did I not?
Sharund-roth sensed a spark in the girl, a desire. You wish to die? Oh, absolutely not! Why, if I were to kill you, I would be punishing you. I could not let that happen. An unholy gleam entered his eyes. Yes, I shall reward you. You, my child, Moiraine de la Corseau, shall rise to great power. I shall elevate you. Yes, that is how you shall be rewarded.

Sharund-roth released the child and she dropped to the floor, a sobbing form curled into a fetal position. He looked up and gazed at the other vampires, causing them to flinch and look away. "You, my child, you shall lead my armies as I return to my rightful place as ruler of this world, for I shall once again collect the mortal souls of this realm."
I <3 MCATs

Post by Alex Kerensky »

IC:
"But you cannot lead my armies like this," Sharund-roth continued, "As such, I shall give you another gift." His left hand pointed at one of the vampires. The beast stepped forward and handed his master a knife. Sharund-roth took the knife and brought it to his hand where he made a long draw. Dark, almost black, blood filled the gash and the vampire lord smiled as he absorbed the pain.

Stand.

The girl stood, beckoned and controlled by an unknown force. Sharund-roth dipped his index finger into his bloodied palm and smeared a red, five-pointed star onto the trembling girl's forehead. He completed the design with a dripping circle.

I shall feast on your blood, but not on your soul, for I shall allow you to keep that. For now.

Sharund-roth grabbed the girl's chin again and bit into her neck, his fangs digging deep into the flesh. His mouth opened and closed once, as he seeked the vessel that flowed with her life. His teeth found their mark and he felt the warm, sweet nectar flow into his mouth. He smiled and drank.

As he took the life force from her body, Sharund-roth could feel his own body regenerating from the eons of decay. He could feel strength return to his atrophied muscles, his bones once again grew strong. His pale skin glowed with life, though it was still pale compared to that of a normal human. As he drank, he knew that he was becoming whole.

Through the ordeal, the vampire knew that the girl was dying. He tapped into her mind and found not fear but only relief that she was leaving this world. He chuckled. You, my child, my Crimson Angel of Night, you cannot escape so easily. No, I will not break my promise.

The vampire stood, his mouth dripping with the girl's blood. He gripped the knife in his good hand and reopened the wound in his other. Then, he grabbed the girl's mouth, forcing it open. Drink and be satisfied. Drink and live, my Crimson Angel. Drink and be whole.

Sharund-roth's smile grew as he watched his black blood flow from his hand and into the girl's mouth. Her eyes had already paled from the loss of blood, but soon, color returned as his own life force mixed with hers. He looked up and barked a sharp laugh.

"My child, now you will lead my armies. You are now whole and well, my Crimson Angel of Night."
The Rev.

Post by Shaggy »

There she was lying on the floor, dead. Marius stood there in utter silence not wanting to believe anything he had just seen. This Vampire had just killed her without a care. Marius moved for the side door but found it increasingly difficult to move. It felt as though a great weight was being pressed upon him. The closer to the door he got the heavier his feet seemed to get.

After he had finally gotten through the door he watched as the giant vampire cut his own hand and placed over her mouth. He was turning her! Marius found this confusing but then he watched the vampire’s skin start to firm up and his youth started to come back. HE was absolutely massive. Marius had never seen anything like him. He had an air of nobility to him and his stare could make one feel utterly microscopic.

Marius watched Raine’s body convulse with the death of her mortal body. She seized once again and then went limp. Had the blood of the ancient killed her anyway, or did he take to much and killed her before she had a chance? Marius started to run in her direction when he was cut off by some of Eric’s men.

“What is the meaning of this brother? You sacrifice my love for this ‘thing’?” Marius said as he turned his attention toward his so called brother. With a motion from Eric’s hand, his men moved and Marius started toward Raine but was almost knocked off his feet when the ancient spoke.

"My child, now you will lead my armies. You are now whole and well, my Crimson Angel of Night."

The sound of his voice alone was almost deafening. Marius came to the side of Raine as her eyes opened. The green of her eyes was darker and rimmed with a dark crimson. She looked into Marius’s eyes, but not like before. She moved out of his arms and onto her knees. Marius reached for her hand but she recoiled like he was holding a vibro-blade. In the shock of the moment Marius did not see the ancient reach for him or he might have had a chance to move. The massive hand grabbed his shoulder and tossed him like a child’s plaything into the duracrete wall. The force he hit will dented the wall in about two inches. Marius fell to the floor and watched in disbelief as Raine was helped to her feet by the ancient. She kissed his hand and then took up place behind his right shoulder.
Rational Delirium

Post by UnknownSector »

Shade watched in horror as the ceremony began. Never… I would never have let her go if I had known this… The next minutes passed in a blur as Shade felt a cold void growing within him. He was held in place, powerless, useless, helpless, as the vile ritual crested and rolled over him. Shade’s mouth wanted to open, to let his grief, anguish, hatred, despair, and turmoil leap from within and be heard throughout the universe. The icy black grip of Sharund-roth would brook no rival, and the hunter was compelled to stand silent and unnoticed.

Then the hold broke in a split second. The vampire-demon was distracted, snatching Marius and flinging him toward Shade, as though the undead lord was going to snuff him out with a single blow. The power of the throw cracked and weakened the wall, crushing Shade in the face and casting him to the floor. The impact sent a ring through his body, and something snapped.

Shade leapt to his feet with a roar, feeling the adrenaline course through his veins, his living veins, as though a sleeping feral beast had been suddenly and violently awakened. Smashing into the now-brittle barrier, the hunter emerged amid a cloud of dust into the room, snarling in despair and anger, as fearsome as any undead creature. His slugthrowers flew to his hands, their sharp staccato drilling pain into the crowd of vampires that stood between him, his love, and his mortal enemy.

The beast inside of Shade howled and lunged as those unhurt vampires closed in on him. His ferocity parted them all easily, dropping the undead to the floor with silver poison in their cold bodies. One gun fell silent, empty, and the long silver dagger leapt from its sheath as the slugthrower dropped to the holster. Shade felt a darkness creeping insidiously toward him as he slashed away at the incoming enemy. His foot flew out and smashed the face of an approaching vampire before looking up to see that the way to Sharund-roth was clear.

Baring his teeth in a snarl, Shade lifted his gun and opened fire. Six bullets screamed through the air toward the master of the dead, who raised his hand, palm outward, facing the hunter. Three of the projectiles thudded deeply into Sharund-roth’s chest, the flesh turning red around the holes. Another flew through his skull, splintering bone fragments, blood, and gore onto the wall behind him. The fourth and fifth punctured his outstretched hand, leaving two gaping holes below the fingers. Sharund-roth staggered back slightly, swaying.

Leaping toward the wounded vampire, Shade flung up his dagger to impale the creature, to twist the silver-coated blade in his dead heart, to end for eternity the menace that had so lately risen. A quick blur leapt between the two as Raine flew to the defense of her new master. Shade’s incoming stroke stopped short as he stared into her eyes, lost once more in her beauty. Somewhere his mind noted the changes to her appearance, but his heart spoke quietly, telling him that, dead or alive, she was still his only love.

And then Sharund-roth spoke a single word.

There was no whistling wind, no thunder from on high, no crackling power snapping though the room. There was simply a split second of silence before Shade found himself suddenly and brutally tossed aloft and flung into the floor, his empty weapon and his dagger clenched in his hands as eight vampires leapt upon him, pinning his arms and legs down as Shade writhed and twisted, before suddenly lying completely still determined to meet his fate calmly. I will not give these sadistic, vile monsters the pleasure of a response.

The beast, calmed, retreated back into its lair as Shade glared venomously at the vampires surrounding him. His attention snapped back to the front of the room to where Sharund-roth stood calmly, watching his injuries swiftly knit themselves together, as though the mortal wounds had no affect on him. Shade’s mind swirled with desolation, knowing that he had not killed his enemy, that Raine was not free.
Daughter of Epona

Post by Starlight »

Pulling the blankets up over her head as if the soft, plush fabric was a shield that could block out the entire world, a little girl lay curled in a tight ball. In her arms, she clinged her lifeline that came in the form of a slightly-battered white bear. Its pink nose was rubbed down to the nub by countless kisses; the stuffing of its midsection slightly squashed and lumpy from dozens upon dozens of heart-felt embraces.

The raven-haired girl whimpered softly, squeezing the bear just a little bit tighter as a tremor of terrible anguish swept over her tiny frame.

"Why make the pain any greater for yourself? What is it you are hiding? The fact that you killed your mother?"

"No!" Moiraine screamed, her spirit writhing with uncontrollable guilt. "No, please...Please don't!"

The Presence only laughed at her anguish. "Oops, did I say that? Ah, so that is it; you killed your mother? I can see it. What a great child you were, always causing problems."

"No," she sobbed. "It wasn't like that...I didn't know..I didn't mean to upset them...I was only a child.."

"Why fight this?" the Presence continued without mercy. "You know it is true. Perhaps, if you had been more obedient, listened to your parents, she would not have, what, taken her own life. My, how gruesome it must have been to watch your mother kill herself. And to know that you are the one who caused her to fall to the abyss..."

She had toddled into her mother's room holding onto the leg of her precious bear...

No matter how hard she tried, Moiraine's hair would never stay in place. The locks were too sleek, too slippery to stay in the intricate braids and coifs that her mother constantly twirled Moiraine's hair into.

This morning had been more of the same and continued until Rainey's mum had thrown up her hands in exasperation and left the room in a fit of hysterical tears. With tears stinging her own eyes, the little girl had quietly followed her mother after a moment, intent on apologizing for whatever it was that she had done wrong.

First, Rainey poked her head into her parent's room. From her vantage, she could just see the tips of her mother's toes laying on top of the bed. Sometimes when her mum felt bad or came down with a migraine, she would go lay down for awhile. Rainey perked up ever so slightly. Maybe her mum would let her rub her temples or stroke her forehead? That sometimes helped. With a small bounce, she trotted up to her mother and gently shook her to wake up.

That was when she saw all the blood...

"There are places for children such as you, eternal damnation. But, no, I promised you a reward for freeing me, did I not?"

Raine thrashed again as she relived the moment of finding her mother with wrists slashed by a vibroblade.

"You wish to die? Oh, absolutely not! Why, if I were to kill you, I would be punishing you. I could not let that happen." Raine whimpered pathetically as she tried to curl up into a ball inside her mind.

"Yes, I shall reward you. You, my child, Moiraine de la Corseau, shall rise to great power. I shall elevate you. Yes, that is how you shall be rewarded."

Then...Raine began to know the true essence of Pain.

It tore her to ribbons; hot lances of black agony coruscated down her legs and made them jerk in erratic spasms. Raine's body convulsed as an overwhelming sense of being drained tugged on her spirit, her soul. In that moment, Raine lived an eternity. For every faint beat of her heart, she prayed for salvation...She prayed for death. And then, with just as much surety that oblivion would soon be hers...Raine knew that it was all at once denied to her.

Pain was now her companion. She would embrace Death but would never merge with it. Moiraine was now one of the Damned. Shunned by life life. Rejected by Death.

With aching slowness, Moiraine slowly opened her blood-rimmed eyes as she looked upon a world reborn. Renewed into a body that was no longer plauged by an incurable wasting disease, no longer subjected to the rules that bound every mortal's life, Raine fully realized her sole-purpose in this world and would serve it for eternity.

No longer was she Moiraine de la Corseau...No longer would she love another soul or feel the warmth of the golden sunlight on a clear morning.

For she would serve her Creator. She would serve Sharund-roth. And she would forever be his Crimson Angel...

When the remants of her old life were scattered about like ashes, toys left battered and broken by a manevolent child's fantasies, Raine returned to her Master's side and looked up with crimson stained eyes to stare at his chisled features as if mesmorized.

Raine spoke in a hushed whisper, filled with pure devotion and longing. Her head bowed in submission, her legs almost buckling with the overwhelming desire to go to her knees before him.

"What is your will, Master?"
The Rev.

Post by Shaggy »

ooc>Ok The last couple of posts are a little out of order so I will be fixing them to make them read better. All of these will happen after Alex's posts.

IC>
Starlightdancer
Pulling the blankets up over her head as if the soft, plush fabric was a shield that could block out the entire world, a little girl lay curled in a tight ball. In her arms, she clinged her lifeline that came in the form of a slightly-battered white bear. Its pink nose was rubbed down to the nub by countless kisses; the stuffing of its midsection slightly squashed and lumpy from dozens upon dozens of heart-felt embraces.

The raven-haired girl whimpered softly, squeezing the bear just a little bit tighter as a tremor of terrible anguish swept over her tiny frame.

"Why make the pain any greater for yourself? What is it you are hiding? The fact that you killed your mother?"

"No!" Moiraine screamed, her spirit writhing with uncontrollable guilt. "No, please...Please don't!"

The Presence only laughed at her anguish. "Oops, did I say that? Ah, so that is it; you killed your mother? I can see it. What a great child you were, always causing problems."

"No," she sobbed. "It wasn't like that...I didn't know..I didn't mean to upset them...I was only a child.."

"Why fight this?" the Presence continued without mercy. "You know it is true. Perhaps, if you had been more obedient, listened to your parents, she would not have, what, taken her own life. My, how gruesome it must have been to watch your mother kill herself. And to know that you are the one who caused her to fall to the abyss..."

She had toddled into her mother's room holding onto the leg of her precious bear...

No matter how hard she tried, Moiraine's hair would never stay in place. The locks were too sleek, too slippery to stay in the intricate braids and coifs that her mother constantly twirled Moiraine's hair into.

This morning had been more of the same and continued until Rainey's mum had thrown up her hands in exasperation and left the room in a fit of hysterical tears. With tears stinging her own eyes, the little girl had quietly followed her mother after a moment, intent on apologizing for whatever it was that she had done wrong.

First, Rainey poked her head into her parent's room. From her vantage, she could just see the tips of her mother's toes laying on top of the bed. Sometimes when her mum felt bad or came down with a migraine, she would go lay down for awhile. Rainey perked up ever so slightly. Maybe her mum would let her rub her temples or stroke her forehead? That sometimes helped. With a small bounce, she trotted up to her mother and gently shook her to wake up.

That was when she saw all the blood...

"There are places for children such as you, eternal damnation. But, no, I promised you a reward for freeing me, did I not?"

Raine thrashed again as she relived the moment of finding her mother with wrists slashed by a vibroblade.

"You wish to die? Oh, absolutely not! Why, if I were to kill you, I would be punishing you. I could not let that happen." Raine whimpered pathetically as she tried to curl up into a ball inside her mind.

"Yes, I shall reward you. You, my child, Moiraine de la Corseau, shall rise to great power. I shall elevate you. Yes, that is how you shall be rewarded."

Then...Raine began to know the true essence of Pain.

It tore her to ribbons; hot lances of black agony coruscated down her legs and made them jerk in erratic spasms. Raine's body convulsed as an overwhelming sense of being drained tugged on her spirit, her soul. In that moment, Raine lived an eternity. For every faint beat of her heart, she prayed for salvation...She prayed for death. And then, with just as much surety that oblivion would soon be hers...Raine knew that it was all at once denied to her.

Pain was now her companion. She would embrace Death but would never merge with it. Moiraine was now one of the Damned. Shunned by life life. Rejected by Death.

With aching slowness, Moiraine slowly opened her blood-rimmed eyes as she looked upon a world reborn. Renewed into a body that was no longer plauged by an incurable wasting disease, no longer subjected to the rules that bound every mortal's life, Raine fully realized her sole-purpose in this world and would serve it for eternity.

No longer was she Moiraine de la Corseau...No longer would she love another soul or feel the warmth of the golden sunlight on a clear morning.

For she would serve her Creator. She would serve Sharund-roth. And she would forever be his Crimson Angel...

When the remants of her old life were scattered about like ashes, toys left battered and broken by a manevolent child's fantasies, Raine returned to her Master's side and looked up with crimson stained eyes to stare at his chisled features as if mesmorized.

Raine spoke in a hushed whisper, filled with pure devotion and longing. Her head bowed in submission, her legs almost buckling with the overwhelming desire to go to her knees before him.

"What is your will, Master?"

Shaggy

There she was lying on the floor, dead. Marius stood there in utter silence not wanting to believe anything he had just seen. This Vampire had just killed her without a care. Marius moved for the side door but found it increasingly difficult to move. It felt as though a great weight was being pressed upon him. The closer to the door he got the heavier his feet seemed to get.

After he had finally gotten through the door he watched as the giant vampire cut his own hand and placed over her mouth. He was turning her! Marius found this confusing but then he watched the vampire’s skin start to firm up and his youth started to come back. HE was absolutely massive. Marius had never seen anything like him. He had an air of nobility to him and his stare could make one feel utterly microscopic.

Marius watched Raine’s body convulse with the death of her mortal body. She seized once again and then went limp. Had the blood of the ancient killed her anyway, or did he take to much and killed her before she had a chance? Marius started to run in her direction when he was cut off by some of Eric’s men.

“What is the meaning of this brother? You sacrifice my love for this ‘thing’?” Marius said as he turned his attention toward his so called brother. With a motion from Eric’s hand, his men moved and Marius started toward Raine but was almost knocked off his feet when the ancient spoke.

The sound of his voice alone was almost deafening. Marius came to the side of Raine as her eyes opened. The green of her eyes was darker and rimmed with a dark crimson. She looked into Marius’s eyes, but not like before. She moved out of his arms and onto her knees. Marius reached for her hand but she recoiled like he was holding a vibro-blade. In the shock of the moment Marius did not see the ancient reach for him or he might have had a chance to move. The massive hand grabbed his shoulder and tossed him like a child’s plaything into the duracrete wall. The force he hit will dented the wall in about two inches. Marius fell to the floor and watched in disbelief as Raine was helped to her feet by the ancient. She kissed his hand and said, ""What is your will, Master?"

UnknownSector
Shade watched in horror as the ceremony began. Never… I would never have let her go if I had known this… The next minutes passed in a blur as Shade felt a cold void growing within him. He was held in place, powerless, useless, helpless, as the vile ritual crested and rolled over him. Shade’s mouth wanted to open, to let his grief, anguish, hatred, despair, and turmoil leap from within and be heard throughout the universe. The icy black grip of Sharund-roth would brook no rival, and the hunter was compelled to stand silent and unnoticed.

Then the hold broke in a split second. The vampire-demon was distracted, snatching Marius and flinging him toward Shade, as though the undead lord was going to snuff him out with a single blow. The power of the throw cracked and weakened the wall, crushing Shade in the face and casting him to the floor. The impact sent a ring through his body, and something snapped.

Shade leapt to his feet with a roar, feeling the adrenaline course through his veins, his living veins, as though a sleeping feral beast had been suddenly and violently awakened. Smashing into the now-brittle barrier, the hunter emerged amid a cloud of dust into the room, snarling in despair and anger, as fearsome as any undead creature. His slugthrowers flew to his hands, their sharp staccato drilling pain into the crowd of vampires that stood between him, his love, and his mortal enemy.

The beast inside of Shade howled and lunged as those unhurt vampires closed in on him. His ferocity parted them all easily, dropping the undead to the floor with silver poison in their cold bodies. One gun fell silent, empty, and the long silver dagger leapt from its sheath as the slugthrower dropped to the holster. Shade felt a darkness creeping insidiously toward him as he slashed away at the incoming enemy. His foot flew out and smashed the face of an approaching vampire before looking up to see that the way to Sharund-roth was clear.

Baring his teeth in a snarl, Shade lifted his gun and opened fire. Six bullets screamed through the air toward the master of the dead, who raised his hand, palm outward, facing the hunter. Three of the projectiles thudded deeply into Sharund-roth’s chest, the flesh turning red around the holes. Another flew through his skull, splintering bone fragments, blood, and gore onto the wall behind him. The fourth and fifth punctured his outstretched hand, leaving two gaping holes below the fingers. Sharund-roth staggered back slightly, swaying.

Leaping toward the wounded vampire, Shade flung up his dagger to impale the creature, to twist the silver-coated blade in his dead heart, to end for eternity the menace that had so lately risen. A quick blur leapt between the two as Raine flew to the defense of her new master. Shade’s incoming stroke stopped short as he stared into her eyes, lost once more in her beauty. Somewhere his mind noted the changes to her appearance, but his heart spoke quietly, telling him that, dead or alive, she was still his only love.

And then Sharund-roth spoke a single word.

There was no whistling wind, no thunder from on high, no crackling power snapping though the room. There was simply a split second of silence before Shade found himself suddenly and brutally tossed aloft and flung into the floor, his empty weapon and his dagger clenched in his hands as eight vampires leapt upon him, pinning his arms and legs down as Shade writhed and twisted, before suddenly lying completely still determined to meet his fate calmly. I will not give these sadistic, vile monsters the pleasure of a response.

The beast, calmed, retreated back into its lair as Shade glared venomously at the vampires surrounding him. His attention snapped back to the front of the room to where Sharund-roth stood calmly, watching his injuries swiftly knit themselves together, as though the mortal wounds had no affect on him. Shade’s mind swirled with desolation, knowing that he had not killed his enemy, that Raine was not free.
I <3 MCATs

Post by Alex Kerensky »

IC:
The bullets entered Sharund-roth's body and head, shredding flesh and shattering bone. The vampire grunted at the impacts and staggered backwards. To any other person, the blows would have been fatal. To Sharund-roth, the blows were nothing more than a fuel to his increasing anger.

The Lord of Undead stood straight, his wounds quickly sealing, cutting off the flow of blood. He looked straight at his attacker and casually gestured at him. "My child, I leave this man to you. Open the Gates of Pain for him and take him to the beyond. He is foolish in trying to kill me, so do not kill him. Simply give him pain."
Daughter of Epona

Post by Starlight »

With a blank, empty stare towards the mortal that Raine know longer knew, her features stayed schooled into an expressionless mask, as though her entire spirit had been smothered beneath her rebirth. A small nod of her head and a whispered word of obedience to her master was all that Raine performed before taking a single step forward. And then another.

Her dark, crimson-rimmed gaze stayed locked on the Mercenary as Raine's legs carried her forward towards her goal. A hand slowly came up and gestured for the vampires to haul Shade to his feet. She could see that the silver-coated dagger was still fiercely gripped in his hand. To his credit, the mortal never batted an eyelash, never betrayed his thoughts by a curse or a jerk of his muscles; nothing save for the burning emotion roiling behind his eyes as he looked back at her.

She stopped her advance only when Raine was well within touching distance of the Human. Her icy, death-chilled breath flowed out softly between lips slightly parted as she stood contemplating the man before her. Eyes slowly traveled down the length of his body before returning to his eyes. At last, Raine reached out with a seeming-tentative motion and laid her cold, ivory palm against Shade's cheek.

Only pausing for a moment, the hand began sliding down the side of Shade's neck, touched briefly on the unarmored shoulder, then slid down his bicep and forearm. All the while, Raine had been slowly leaning forward towards the Bounty Hunter, her eyes unblinking as they fixed upon his own. When her fingertips brushed past his left wrist, her parted lips were only a breath away from Shade's mouth.

Without looking down at their hands, Raine carefully overlaid hers upon Shade's. The Vampire slowly blinked her eyes once, and when they opened again, she wretched the weapon away from the Bounty Hunter's numb and nerveless grip. Her mission accomplished, Raine stepped away and gazed down at her new prize while deep in thought.

After a moment, Raine came out of her reverie and looked again at the prisoner.

"Shackle him to the table."

The Vampires instantly complied with the whispered command, and in short order, the Human was stretched out over the length of the steel slab that was still covered in Raine's blood from only a short time ago. After there was no way for Shade to escape his confines and had been divested of his armor, the Vampire slowly stepped up to the side of the table, dagger in hand.

She laid the tipped-edge of the blade up against Shade's collarbone with just enough pressure to slice past the fabric of his long-sleeved shirt. Her touch on the blade remained light and delicate as she gently glided the dagger down the length of his skin, cleanly slicing the shirt into two pieces but leaving his skin intact. With an absent brush of her free hand, Raine pulled away the fabric and left Shade's chest exposed.

"By your will, my master," Raine whispered with reverence just before the dagger pierced through the Bounty Hunter's flesh. She carried the movement as precisely as a surgeon, cutting through muscles and nerve endings as Raine made an upside-down triangle shape that spanned across Shade's entire chest. Blood flowed down over his ribcage in thick rivulets, cascading onto the steel table with a wet dripping sound as it intermingled with the blood left by Raine. As she worked, not a single drop touched her.

When the diagram was completed and Shade was completed covered from neck to waistline in his own blood, Raine pulled the Bounty Hunter's weapon out of his flesh before reinserting it into the point of the inverted triangle that hovered at a point just above his navel.

She adjusted her grip on the hilt, turning the blade so that it lay flat against his abdomen, then pushed it upwards, underneath the slit triangle. Raine worked without blinking, taking neither pleasure nor annoyance from the torture or the silence in which Shade remained in his Hell. By the time Raine was finished, the dagger blade had completely severed the large triangle piece of flesh from the muscles and tendons beneath it.

Raine laid the dagger aside and carefully took the base edges of the symbol into her hands. And lifted. The skin came away intact, tripping blood and gore down onto Shade's body.

Turning her attentions back to her Master, Raine gently carried the large flap of skin in her hands, instantly soaking her flesh and staining it a dark crimson that dripped up her forearms. As if paying homage to the Vampire Lord, Raine knelt down at Sharund-roth's feet and laid the skin on the ground before him, her head bowed and eyes closed awaiting his judgement.
Rational Delirium

Post by UnknownSector »

Shade gazed down at his burning body, staring at the quivering flesh that screamed at him, unsoothable. The hunter had known ever since the vampire had stared at him that he was in for a small, personal piece of hell. And hell was exactly what he got. Raine, if it was still she, had performed her task with perfection. The very act of breathing sent lances of pain shrieking across his nerves; the air seemed to gnaw at his exposed muscles, grating its way through every cell. All that kept Shade’s mind and tongue controlled was his still-burning ember of vengeance and rage. In some small, coherent part of himself, Shade’s heart and soul knew that it was not Raine who had tormented him. She was still pure, still lovely, still herself. It was Sharund-roth, who had poured himself into her now-immortal coil, controlling the body as though it were another appendage. Shade somehow knew that somewhere within her mind, Raine was beating against the walls of a prison, trapped in her own soul, watching as another being forced her body to act.

I should have never… should have never… never… never… never… neverneverneverneverneverNEVER!

Agonizingly, Shade turned his head to follow her as she laid his flesh at Sharund-roth’s feet in reverence, a libation to the master of her fate. Shade’s face dripped with blood, some of his own, some of hers. It was all he could do to not despair. Somehow, some way, something would happen to end this nightmare. Something had to happen.
I <3 MCATs

Post by Alex Kerensky »

IC:
Sharund-roth stood and clapped, his eyes beaming from pleasure. "Excellent, my dear, truly inspired. I could not have done that myself." He accepted the flesh offering from his Crimson Angel and beckoned her to stand. "Now, my Angel, feed this thing his flesh. I wish to see him eat his body."

The vampire lord paused for a moment, thinking. He smiled as an idea popped into his head. "And then, remove his rib cage. Not only will it serve wonderfully as the frame for your armor, but I also wish to watch his pulsating heart fail and his face as he realizes he will soon perish from asphyxiation. Go now, my child."
Daughter of Epona

Post by Starlight »

Bowing her head in abject submission, Raine turned with empty eyes back towards the crimson-stained table. She seemed to watch with morbid fascination as the lifeblood of the Human seeped out through his exposed tissues. Time was no of the essence. If Sharund-roth wished to see this pathetic creature suffer, Raine would have to work quickly before the Mercenary bled himself to death. Such a thing would be most too disappointing as well as an all-too-painless death.

Picking up the slick hilt of the dagger and reversing the hold, the Vampire Angel laid the flat of the dripping blade back against her forearm, positioning it so that the pommel of the dagger was held like a hammer in her fist. She caressed Shade's sweat-coated forehead delicately then traveled her touch downwards along his right arm. Her fingertips stopped at the Bounty Hunter's wrist.

She felt the Human's eyes staring up at her as Raine twisted his arm outwards so that the back of his hand and arm were laying flat upon the steel table, his inner wrist fully exposed. Positioning the pommel nut of the dagger above the wrist, Raine held herself steady as she marked her target...

The hilt slammed down against the joint, instantly shattering the bone into razor-edged splinters.

Without pausing, Raine began the process of working up his arm, stopping at various points-two on the forearm and three different sections at the elbow joint- to break the Human's arm into dozens of pieces. When she came back to the hand, Raine gently picked up the Mercenary's limb and nodded with satisfaction to see it hang limply with a rubber, boneless-like quality.

Within six heartbeats, Shade's hand-five fingers and his palm, was completely fractured beyond repair. Raine stalked around to the other side of the table, repeating the torture process to the remaining, intact limb, when an idea sprang to life behind her eyes. A slow, sadistic grin began tugging at either corner of the Vampire's mouth as she turned to face her Master.

She stepped out of the growing puddle of blood on the floor and approached Sharund-roth with eyes slightly lowered in obedience.

"Forgive me, My Lord...But, this Human is your first sacrifice," Raine began. A pregnant silence was the only reply the Vampire gave in return.

"..As such, would it not be more appropriate for such an event to be seen by your followers? A true spectacle of your might and power that will cow the masses and make Fear-of death and of you, their only companion?"

Raine's eyes began to glisten as she envisioned her Master standing above the crowds in all his glory, showing that He was the one true Ruler of this universe.

"Should not your servants know what fate awaits them if they court your displeasure?"
The Rev.

Post by Shaggy »

ooc>Ok I'm just getting the story moving here.

IC>Marius didn't remember who moved him but he was in somesort of holding cell. His head hurt and opening his eyes only made it worse but closing them would mean to have to relive last nights ceremony. So his eyes stayed open. There was still a buzzing in his head from getting knocked against the wall by that giant of a vampire. He even thought he heard the hunters guns before the veil of unconsciousness engulfed him.

He looked around now and finally noticed his surroundings. The room was blank. The only thing in there was what he was lying on. It wasn't a bed but an operating table. There were restraints but hiswas not in them. He did notice that behind him was a small one two way mirror. He looked through it and saw the hunter. Not moving and strapped down, the man looked like hell had coughed him up. His arm had multiple deep brusises and Marius could tell there were broken bones. Every once in a wihle someone would come in to check on him or get in a cheap hit.

*"COWARDS!"* Marius said internally and then something popped into his mind. The link with Raine, it might still be in tact. He sat in the middle of the room and dared to close his eyes. Fighting away the images that flashed there, he reached for Raine. Searching, hoping and then finally succeeding. He could feel her presence but it was cold, uncaring. The warmth that filled her soul was gone. Sunndenly Marius was forceably ejected form her mind. When he opened his eyes he was lying on his back with some blood sreaming from his nose.

Something had changed her. She was no longer his innocent beloved. She had been corrupted by that thing she called Master. MArius would not stand for that. He would find a way to get her back, no matter the cost.
Rational Delirium

Post by UnknownSector »

Shade’s mind writhed in agony, multiplying the torment assailing the hunter on all sides. His tortured body, wracked with pain, was secondary as his thoughts followed Raine. Why did it have to be this way? Why? Anyone but her… I love her. His lips worked silently for a moment before he found his voice, repeating his mantra of devotion. “I love her… I love her… I love her… I love her…”

Shade knew that a bacta tank could clear up his injuries thus far; his only thought aside from Raine was to stay alive. Dead, he could no longer exact vengeance, and Raine would be abandoned to whatever terrible fate awaited her at Sharund-roth’s hands. Shade fought the exhaustion, the pain, the torment, desperately trying to hold on to whatever sanity and purpose he had left.

“Raine… I love you… I love you… love you…”
I <3 MCATs

Post by Alex Kerensky »

IC:
The aroma of roasted flesh and sharp wine permeated the atmosphere of the large gathering hall. The sound of a hundred conversations easily echoed among the large supporting columns of the cavernous room. The shadows cast by the numerous glowlamps hanging from the ceiling flickered over the occupants and feast. Along the sides of the single table sat scores of vampires. At the head of the table sat the lord of vampires, Sharund-roth, and to his right sat his Crimson Angel of Night.

The Lord of the Undead stood and throngs of vampires quieted immediately. "My brethern, today some of you have been blessed with the witnessing of my resurrection, my return to this world. As I have promised, I shall lead us in the war against the men who first imprisoned me. We shall reign supreme again!"

Sharund waited as the sounds of approval died down before continuing. "And those of you who witnessed my rise also witnessed an addition to our ranks." He beckoned Raine to stand. "I present to you the general of our armies, my Crimson Angel of Night."

OOC:
Um, okay. I have really no idea where to head this, though I am sure I will think of something soon. Star, if you wish, you can have Raine say something. Or not. I don't know. :)
Daughter of Epona

Post by Starlight »

Beneath the false light, flickering in a seeming-random pattern to emulate the licking flames of fire, a thousand gems and jewels glittered in a cacophony of different colors, all vying for supremacy but only succeeded in blinding any gaze that was unfortunate enough to stay fixed in one place for too long.

Seated at the most opulent and intricately-decorated table that held place of Honor in the hall, the young vampire Moiraine kept close to her master’s side. Following his orders to the very last letter, servants had immediately created a gown that hugged her slender form to perfection. The fabric was of a silken weave, drenched in the shade of blackest night with calculated patterns of embroidery that splashed over the surface in deep-crimson swirls that looked nothing so much as liquid robes of blood. The gown was sleeveless, low-cut, and showed a sharp contrast between the darkness of the cloth and Moiraine’s pale, ivory flesh. Her flowing raven tresses, shaded as deeply as the midnight gown, had been braided up into a coif that far-surpassed anything that Moiraine’s dead mother had ever attempted. The courtly confection was held in place by dozens of strands of black pearls, jet beads, pigeon’s blood, and finely-cut rubies. Around her throat was a simple, black velvet cord upon which a ruby tear-drop hung freely and was currently nestled upon the hollow of her collarbone.

In a rather ironic way, Moiraine realized that the faceted jewels were actually personifying the ritual intrigues and conspiracies that were already cracking free of their birth-shells. In less than a Coruscantian day, rivalries had ignited, secret oaths were whispered in dark corners, and vicious looks of envy and jealousy were only barely-concealed. Each of the growing factions within Sharund-roth’s ranks warred with each other like the light of the gems, each hoping to outshine the others and gain the Vampire Lord’s attraction. For all the good it would do them in the end.

No, Moiraine knew that such frivolous scheming would never bear fruit. Her master saw and manipulated those webs of corruption, twined them about his graceful fingertips, and manipulated them like a master puppeteer. It was to his whims that the others would dance, whether they knew it or not; whether they liked it or not. In allying themselves with Sharund-roth, not only did the Vampires pledge their servitude; they also bequeathed to him their forever-damned souls. And at his side, Moiraine would be the instrument of that manipulation, moving the pieces of the chessboard to wherever her master wished. No one would stand against him and survive.

It was these thoughts and more that occupied Moiraine during the banquet. Her eyes looked out upon the crowd, but she was not affected by any look, nor any action made. Deep within her introspections, Moiraine only spared enough attention to wait upon her Lord and whatever he asked of her. Perhaps that was why she was able to detect the sinuous intrusion of her mind. Had Moiraine been occupied by the fete, she never would have noticed a foreign presence seeking access through the paths that had once linked her soul to another.

For a moment, Moiraine could not understand who it was that was pressing against the barriers that Sharund-roth had erected in her mind…

And then, for the span of one heartbeat, a pale, silvery light shone behind her emerald eyes, soothing and eclipsing the circles of red that formed a bloody corona about her irises. And in that one beat of a heart no longer alive, Raine remembered…

Marius?

Just as quickly as the moment came, it flashed and died, and with it, Raine’s memory was erased. Once more, she was a blank slate upon which Sharund-roth could write whatever he desired.

"And those of you who witnessed my rise also witnessed an addition to our ranks…"

She could feel the weight of the Vampire Lord’s aura of power pressing against her flesh. He was gazing down at her expectantly, with a knowing glint behind his eyes as though he knew exactly what had been going on in Moiraine’s head. And beyond a doubt, she could taste his amusement.

With an obedient bow of her head, the young woman rested her fingertips with a gentle touch upon the back of Sharund-roth’s hand as she stood and faced the assembly of his servants.

“I present to you the general of our armies, my Crimson Angel of Night."

If Sharund-roth’s presence had caused the others to throng about it him like clamoring insects, when Moiraine gazed about her with empty eyes devoid of emotion, those same insects skittered away in abject fright. No shouts and cries shook the rafters and support pillars of the banquet hall, only a stunned silence and wondering, worried stares. There had been no question for them that their former master and ally, Eric Lebrun, would assume his station at the Lord’s right hand. To find their hopes and plans completely torn apart like spider webs in a hurricane completely flattened any accolades that had been on their tongues.

The applause that finally followed on the heels of their revelation was startled and forced, as though the tip of a silver vibro-blade had been set at each individual’s throat until they brought their hands together.

Moiraine stood unimpressed at the bovine masses upon which she would soon sharpen her claws and fangs, while Sharund-roth only smiled, as though the reactions were a planned opera to which he had written every musical, staccato note.
Keep your confessions,
Cause babe, I’m no saint.
I know your devils,
I know them by name.
Mean Machine

Post by R2F2 »

"Crimson Angel of Night!" Eric shouted repeatedly amongst the lifeless dimly lit hall. He quickend his pace and carelessly bumped into two vampire guards as he turned the corner. "OUT OF MY WAY!" A dark shade of red covered his eyes and his deadly fangs were of notice.

The two vamps stood and carefully slid passed him.

She was supposed to be a scrafice.

He replayed it in his mind continously, he knew he was going to have to take desperate measures to retake what was rightfully his. He approached two doors and opened them so forcefully the heavily armed guard was startled.

The guard took aim with his rifle, but instantly backed off when he recognized the pale and rigid face of Eric.

".....uh Mr. Lebrun, I have strict orders...?

"Open the door." Eric said gently, knowing it would only take persuasion
to see the prisoner.

"...uhm yes...okay just a second..." The guard agreed as he stumbled for the keypad.

The door made the sound of a large metal object hitting the ground and it slowly swung open. Eric took three large steps to enter the room and stood sliently inside to rethink what he was about to do. He opened his eyes and look to the ground as if ashamed, "Brother....I can't imagine you would want to stay in this cell?" He glanced through the 2-way mirror to see Shade.
"We better get him out of here too, it looks like he needs to get some help." He reached out his hand to help Marius onto his feet.
The Rev.

Post by Shaggy »

Marius looked at Eric in shock. Then stood and gave him a solid right hook to the jar knocking his brother to the ground.

"Now we can leave." He said dryly as he walked by Eric. "I will need the key in order to unlock the hunter from his chains. After that get us a safe way out of here and we will be gone."

Marius extened his hand down towards Eric, who was rubbing his jaw. The brothers then went to undo the hunter. When they walked in to the room Eric stoped short of the door. He then tossed a key towards Marius. Marius did not quite understand until he saw the camera in the corner. Taking the key, he began to unlock the human from his chains. He stank of waste and drying blood. The room that he was in had been the death chamber for some type of animal or human, Marius could tell. Marius picked him up onto his should and heard the hunter repeating something over and over again.

"I love her, I love her, I love her..."

Marius shook his head, "Well right now, she does not love either one of us, she is lost unless we can do something. Eric where to now?"

"Down these stairs, you will find a door marked with a ancient glyph. Take that door to another private stairway. One of my personal speeders will be there waiting for you. Take it a go."

"You are not coming?" Marius said. But his answer came in the form of an ear shattering alarm.

Eric had pulled an alarm and with a cold smile turned to walk away. Marius did not have time to argue, he bit his lip and began to run. Running on flat ground was easy enough to stay ina smooth motion as to not hurt the human any more. But the stairs were different. MArius could feel the bones pop and creek with every step. The hunter was growning more. They found that door and began the last decent. Marius reached the speeder and found it already running.

Marius piloted the speeder away from the building and fortunatly Marius knew of someone who could help the hunter out. Marius had a contact that supplied him with blood. This surgen would be able to help as much as possible. But the hunter's hands would need serious attention, maybe ever cybernetics in order to recontruct the bones correctly. But the time it would take would allow him to thing. Think of way to recover the only thing he cherished any more. His beloved would be free again.
Rational Delirium

Post by UnknownSector »

The trip to the speeder put Shade in mind of a one-way ticket to hell. Every nerve, bone, and muscle screamed at him painfully, and Marius didn’t seem to mind the jarring stops at doors, stairs, and corners.

Collapsing into the seat, the hunter stared vacantly as the vehicle swerved through the cityscape. “Bacta… Bacta would be good right now,” he stated, not caring how obvious his observation was. Somehow he knew, or at least guessed, that Marius was not in the mood to kill him, at least not yet.

I need weapons… My spare set at my apartment. The sniper rifle is still there, and Shard’s old guns; they’re just as good as my old ones. Those two short daggers are around on the shelves too. I’ll need armor again. Gonna need to stop by the Black Forge.

Shade glanced down at his body, estimating the extent of his injuries. Moiraine had performed exquisitely, and his hands were completely useless. He knew he’d need intense prosthetics, but there was one thing he would not allow to happen. Only the bones… the flesh stays. It can heal. The bones cannot.

“I’ll need a surgeon to replace these wrists and hands; the best there is. I only want the bones replaced, my muscles are still healthy. I don’t want plastic hands.”
The Rev.

Post by Shaggy »

Marius came up to what looked like an abandoned building. However there were quite a few power conduits feeding into the lower section of the building. Marius carried his reluctant partner with him. This is where Marius's firend Kac'yne lived. He was the one who supplied Marius with his blood and he was also an underground doctor, one of the best.

Knocking on the door, Marius waited for an answer. Shade was still incoherintly babbling. Is was starting to make more sense but is was still babble non the less. A part of the door slip open and a pair of yellow eyes looked through. "You're early. I was not expecting you back for another two weeks. Did you go through your supply faster this time?"

"No time, open the door, emergency!" Marius picked up Shade and the yellow eyes widened. The durasteel closed and the rest of the door opened. He hind the door was a white and red haired Bothan. Marius hurried by and laid Shade on the operating table.

"What in the name of the Emporer's balck bones happened to him? Did he make you made? Do you want me to bleed him dry for you, a special drink maybe?" Kac'yne made a face of extreme delight.

"No, I need him. The story is long and you will be informed of it later when we have more time. Until then he needs to be fixed. Keep the flesh and muscles, everything else we need fixed. You will be well paid for it so spare no expense. If he dies you do too, understand?"

"Indeed master vampire. I will take extra good caer of this one for you. I have your room still availble for when the sun rises. And it will be morning soon so you better leave me to my operations. It will probably take all day. The dmamge to his hands and arms are very extensive. Are you sure this is not your work?"

"Trust me, if it had been, it would be much worse then just his arms. Now fix him!" Marius said as he turned to go to his room. Kac'yne then turned back and place a small mask over the hunter's mouth. The annestetics worked quickly and the operation had begun.

Kac'yne came into Marius's room and woke him from his daily slumber.

"The operation was a success. He has new bones made of a durasteel type metal. It would take a tremenous amount of pressure to break them now. The muscles and flesh are as intact as I could keep them. He is in the bacta tank now. He will be there for another day or so depending on his own rate of healing. Now you said something about filling me in on this story of yours?" He said as he handed Marius a fresh cup of blood. With a long drink, Marius started his story of love and love stolen from him.
Daughter of Epona

Post by Starlight »

(ooc: Had this in my head today..Thought I'd write it down)

Raine’s gaze flicked over the messenger, watching without emotion as he threw himself down to the ground, prostrating himself like a whipped cur, babbling for forgiveness.

’As if my Master was even capable of such a thing…’

“I swear my Lord,” the foolish servant whined, keeping his eyes fixed on the supple, black leather boots that encased Sharund-Roth’s feet. “Both the vampire and the sacrifice escaped out of the holding cells almost as if the locks had been left undone. They were already on their way towards a speeder by the time an alarm was triggered by Master Lebrun.”

Standing within the shadows draping one of the far corners, Moiraine was almost invisible within the Vampire Lord’s private audience chamber which was proper for a servant; even for one as highly placed as she. Sharund-Roth had spoken to her mind the moment the messenger had entered the room… ‘Watch, my Dark Angel…Watch and listen.’

And she did, with neither pleasure nor even detached amusement as her master looked down with the eyes of a predator, wondering whether or not to make this pathetic morsel his next victim…Even though vampires were immortal; they could still know agony, and Sharund-Roth was adept and thorough of his knowledge to inflict it.

“And where are they now?” the Ancient one inquired, his voice a sensual purr that belied the deadly promises that lurked behind his eyes. “Where are the Vampire and Human? Did you do anything to stop them?...” His gaze narrowed. “Perhaps you were in league with them all the time. Is this part of the scheme to further help them gain time to run like the scurrying vermin they are?”

Sharund-Roth took a menacing step forward. “Perhaps I should rip the information from your pathetic excuse for a brain and see what truth you speak.”

If anything, the servant paled to a sickly green hue, his eyes wide and his mouth gaping open. “My…My lord, please…We did everything possible to apprehend them. One of our guards who realized what was happening with the speeder fired a small device that adhered to its surface. There is a tracking device already implanted into their escape vehicle. Even now we are gathering their location. As for who might be in league with them…Master Eric ”

Moiraine’s only reaction was to arch an eyebrow, gaze fixated upon the sculpted profile of her sire as he stopped advancing. His teeth were bared into a dangerous smile, suitable only for rending flesh, and one so vicious that only a carnivore could appreciate it.

“Get Lebrun. Find him. Bring him before me immediately. Now!”

After the mewling servant quickly made his retreat out of the opulent room, only then did Raine emerge from her station, moving to her master’s side and kneeling at the foot of his chair as Sharund-roth sat down, a frown of concentration creasing his exquisite brow. “How may I serve you, my Lord?” she asked quietly, her cheek resting against the Vampire’s knee like a well-trained pet. And just as if Raine were a pet of amusement, he let a hand trail down and absently stroked her mass of raven hair, fingering the beads and jewels still entwined within its depths. They were both still in formal Court attire, having immediately left the banquet when the treacherous news had reached his ear.

“You, my Angel of Blood, are the only one I may trust now. You will be the one to track down and annihilate all who stand in my way.” His elegant fingertips drew slowly worked down from the side of her head, lightly rubbed her other cheek and slid down to her neck where once a pair of infected fang marks had been.

“You, Moiraine, will succeed.” Hesitantly, she raised her gaze to see Sharund-roth looking down at her, dark coronas surrounding his irises; black instead her deep red ones. He took hold of her shoulders and raised her up from her knees, guided her and then enveloped her in his powerful arms. Dimly, Raine thought she had felt something akin to it long ago; being held by a lover, protected and sheltered…and alive.

But the feeling faded. No, there was nothing similar to that and to what she experienced when Sharund-roth brushed his chill lips over her bare neck. “You will succeed, my daughter…” he whispered into her ear. “…And your rewards will be beyond your imagination.”

And then he pressed his mouth to hers, hands flexing roughly in her hair, sending rubies and pearls scattering to the ground in a rain shower of gems. Raine shuddered violently, at once seduced and repulsed by the sensations rushing through her body. But there was no resistance. There was no salvation. As Sharund-roth, with agonizing slowness, bit through her lower lip, Moiraine gasped…

“By your will, my Master…It will be done."
Keep your confessions,
I know your devils,
I know them by name.
The Rev.

Post by Shaggy »

Marius had let the sun rise and set before he left the building. The hunter would of no use to him for quite some time. He needed to move fast so he struck out on his own again. However he had gotten the hunters weapons. He was not familer with them but the hunter had said there were no fail safe devices on any of the guns. However Marius could not go full tilt into that Vampire strong hold. He would need to work his way in from the bottom, from the sewers he could reach them easier then before. The question that continued to flow through his mind is

"Why did my 'brother' help me escape?"

It made no sense until Marius had thought about Raine. The Vampire Lord had picked her over Eric. That was it. Jealously was an evil thing, but in this case, the green eyed monster had come through for him. That one act would seal the fate of all those who stood inhis way. He would find his love and do what ever it took to redeem her from the grips that that monstrosity that holds her. He had tried to reach her before with their link but was rejected by another's will.

The Vampire Lord was strong and groing stronger every second Marius let him live. He must act and act quickly. The moon was rising and it was the color of blood. A bad omen for anyone to be out on this night. There came screams from all around as Marius's borrowed speeder came to a stop near a back alley. The carnage had begun.

Quickly dismounting the bike, Marius pulled two slug throwers out from the side compartments on the bike. He then used his enhanced vision to find his targets. Seeing to vampires attacking a small girl, Marius vanished from normal sight. One of his gifts was a speed that was uncanney ever for his people. He came up and kicked one vampire square in the chest sending his into the unaware shoulder of the other. As the two looked up, they came face to barrel with the guns. Marius sqeezed the trigger and the two vampires became whifs of dust that were blown away by the night breeze.

The young girl looked up and was visibly shaken. "Go and get inside. Keep yourself there till the suns rises, GO!" Marius said as he picked her up to her feet by the remaining fabric of her shirt. She slowly turned and ran. MArius then turn to find his next victom but he heard sirens. The police were coming and he knew his people would not stay to fight them, at least not yet anyways. He could see them retreating back into the shadows and he did the same. Reaching the bike, he kicked the starter and was off back towards his place. He needed to pick up something and old weapon given to him by the one who created him. It was a blade that was over six hundred years old. It had been used in an acient war on his siers home planet and was a birthday gift to Marius.

Marius parked the bike near his building and began his accent to his loft. He stopped short because his door had been forced open. He pulled inside to find to vampires rummaging through his belongings. HE moved again with speed but this time it was fueled by rage. Rage from the last couple of days had rolled into to an explosion of viloence that left the two intruders lying in a pile of dust on the floor. He had snapped one neck with little effort and then the other one had his heart ripped out through his chest. AS it turned to dust Marius turned his hand over,

"Ashes to ashes..." was his only statement. Marius turned and went to the fire room witht hat large painting over the fire place. He moved the painting like on old door. There were hgidden hinges on the right side that caused it to open up over the fireplace. Sitting behind it in an indention in the wall, sat the box hold the ancient blade. Marius sat it down and placed on hand over theh latch to open it. As it opened the blade caught and reflected every light in the room. Having not been used in over two hundred years the blade was stillin perferct looking condition. Pulling it from it's box, Marius ran his finger down the blade and found it still to be extremely sharp. Pulling the shealth from the box as well he placed the blade in it's home. Keeping it in his right hand he walked over to a small closet next to the fire room. Inside he pulled out a long, dark crimson coat. He strapped the blade to his back and then pulled on the coat.

As he left, he turned once more to look at his place, whether he would see it again he did not know but what he did know is that the next time he would return, he would have Raine with him. He stopped for a second and saw a ghost like vision of her walking slowly barefoot across the thick carpet in order to experience every sensation it had to offer. He smiled and turned away from the memory. He closed the door and made sure no one but him could unlock it. As he walked back down toward the speeder bike he removed his jacket. Strapping the two slug throwers under each arm, he reloaded each gun and made sure he had plenty of rounds remaining. He was about to make war on his own people. He placed the coat back on his shoulders and sped away into the night once again.
The Rev.

Post by Shaggy »

Marius knew he could not attack the fortress head on, that would be a suicide run. He would need to make strtegic hits and draw them out into unfamilier territory. As he traveled over a part of the city he used to prowl he caught a glimps out of his eye of a pack of vampires moving in on a group of humans. This would be good oppertunity to make a statement. He set down his speeder and moved without a sound to the far end of the alley the humans were being unknowingly hered into. He waiting in the darkness for his oppertunity and he did not have to wait long.

The humans, albeit drunk, suddenly realized there was something wrong with where they were. One turned to leave and the vampire group sprung their trap. They jumped out as group and bagan to taunt the humans and scare them. Fear alway caused the blood to race and be filled with adrineline. It made the blood gain a certain unforgetable taste. Marius closed his eyes for a second and took in the smell of fear and then drew his sword.

The sword was made from a special metal that originated on Ithor. The very soil there is considered holy and that is why the people there live on floating cities so they do not spoil their holy place. A ancient hunter once went there and gathered enough metal to forge a sword out of it. Once the sword was created, it was blessed by one of the Ithorian holy men. It soul purpose was to vanquish vampires. On the blade was written in anciet Ithorian glyphs, I am Kiseitai, Slayer of the undead. Marius's creator Derian, had killed that hunter and took the sword from him. At first it had just been a trophy but then Derian understood that maybe someday, his own kind might come for him so he kept it.

Before Derian left Coruscant, he gave to Marius as a gift. He had said, "This blade was sharpened by a laser and the very metal burns our kinds' flesh. Keep it well, you might never know when you will have to call upon it's services." Shortly after that, Derian boarded a transport and left. Marius had not seen him in fifteen years. Since then the sword had sat behind the giant painting on his wall over the fireplace. Now was the time that Derian had spoke about. Marius came back from the memories and opened his eyes.

He moved out into the light and let the other vampires know he was standing there. He bore his fangs and the humans became of little concern as the vampires let them go. They began to move nearer to him and Marius let the sword come into full view. Two of the vampires turned their heads and they must have heard stories of the sword because they began to pull away. The younger and more foolish came runing toword Marius. Of the four, two became dust before they had traveled four feet. Marius moved with deadly fluidity and charged to older vampires striking down both of them before they had a much chance to move. Marius then turned back toward that two young ones and male and a female. The female moved back away and the male charged. Marius brought to sword up and seperated his right arm from the rest of his body at the elbow.

He shrieked in pain hit the floor. Marius stood over him and finished the deed. He then turned his attention to the female. "You are a servant of the Vampire Lord are you not?" The female tried to moved further away. Marius moved with his uncanny speed and caught her by the hair. "Answer me! Do you serve him?" She slowly shook her head. "Good then you will deliver a message to him. He took the only thing that mattered to me so I will exact vengence on him for that and anything else I see fit, do you understand that." He was about to let he go but turned and grabbed her again. "Before you go here is another message you can give him."

Marius took the blade and pressed to her arm so that the whole inscription would be shown. The female let out an unnatural feral scream and pulled away from Marius. The Vampire Lord would know that message well enough. But now the sun was coming up and Marius needed to get to a safe place. He got back on the speeder and placed the sword back into it's holder. He kicked the speder up and away into the predawn sky.
Mean Machine

Post by R2F2 »

OOC: I didn't realize this was still kicking :)

IC:What went wrong??

Eric paced back and forth in his office that was located on the top floor. Soon he would have to confront the dark lord to explain the escape of Marius and the hunter.

They stood paces away, their faces discontent. "You said that he would be a weapon againist the humans! You also said that you would have control of that weapon!" The five vampires dressed in dark gray suits had quickly become restless. "You lied to us!"

Eric's gaze turned upon them, his eyes slowly filled with blood which spilt like raindrops onto the marble floor. With intense speed his hand grasped the vampire's neck tightly. "CONTROL! Don't forget who I am, I built this! IT IS MY BIRTHRIGHT!!" He tossed the startled vampire across the office with pure supremacy. His back slid againist the sleek table and crushed the opposite wall. Eric turned his attention to the rest. "It's not over. Find me his weakness, everything has a weakness." Eric left his ravaged office and headed towards what was now the lair of the dark lord.
Daughter of Epona

Post by Starlight »

Her haunted eyes narrowing with lethal promise, the undead Angel took a step forward. "You are certain of this?"

The young vampire bowed low, her tangled, matted hair still sticky with debris from the street fight. "Yes, my lady. Those were his words." Her pale hand clasped her opposite arm, covering the still livid burn etched forever into her pallid skin. The hatred burning in her young eyes was still pallatable, her anger at being defeated a tangible substance. Moiraine thought it a good thing in the end. Anger and hatred would fuel the vampire's desire for revenge. Now eager for a chance to prove herself, she would be an invaluable tool if used in the right way.

In the silence that stretched on, Raine finished buckling closed the fasteners on her hunting attire and strategically placed weapons on almost every part of her body. Sharund-roth had decreed that she would now lead the hunt to bring Marius back to stand before the Lord, and had ordered his servant to be equipped appropriately. Throwing stars and slug throwers, serrated vibrodaggers and a miniature cross bow, hold-out blasters and tranquilizer darts. All of them were within easy reach, strapped to the skin-tight leather catsuit of darkest black and drenched in blood red designs. Her hair was pulled back into a simple plait to keep it out of her way, and she was devoid of even the simplest jewelry or adornment. Leave the glittering stones to the sycophants. Moiraine was far beyond the need or desire for them..

"Tell no one what you have told me, young one," she said at last, finally turning around to face the other vampire. "Speak to no one but the Dark Lord, and pray to the Ancestors you never have cause for a meeting with him. Cover your arm and disappear until I call for you again. Is this understood?"

"Yes, my lady."

After the messenger was gone from her quarters, Raine closed her eyes and invisioned the struggle that must have taken place. She conjured up Marius' face from memory, reliving every nuance of his essence in exquisite detail. The Dark Lord permitted her the memory now, for it would aid in her hunt. And then, every memory would be enveloped in destruction. And once and for all, Marius would cease to exist in this world.

Striding from her rooms with an ominous light behind her eyes, Moiraine traveled through the empty corridors, every single person fleeing just from the sight of her...

All save one.

As they passed each other in a corridor intersection, Moiraine locked eyes with Eric. As just another of her master's servants, she gave him no more notice than she had the female. And just as much notice as she would give a particularly interesting bug skittering across the ground. He made no move to abase himself to her, and she made no acknowledgement of his existance.

Once into the new corridor, Moiraine promptly forgot the other vampire, her attentions washed before the flood that was her memories of Marius.

'Soon, Marius. We will face each other again. And then...Then I will destroy you.'
Keep your confessions,
I know your devils,
I know them by name.
Rational Delirium

Post by UnknownSector »

The clouds in the hunter’s mind roiled and tore asunder as the internal maelstrom that attacked him beat against his sanity. The pain that had wracked his frame had teamed with the despair of seeing Raine stripped of her essence and reborn as a deadly machine of an ancient evil’s wrath, and the two events reamed the hunter’s mind. He was entrapped in a cold slime that oozed into his body, threatening to suffocate his brain. An eerie light flickered fitfully into his half-open eyes as his hands clawed weakly at the glass-smooth walls of his cell. Shaking off the fog of anesthetic, the hunter awoke and found his strength.

His eyes snapped open and registered the surroundings in a moment. The hunter’s right fist snapped out once, striking a vicious blow into the wall of the bacta tank. It shuddered and held, and the hunter gathered himself before lunging upward. His head broke the surface of the bacta as his hands gripped the rim of the tank. Hoisting himself upward, he tore the respirator from his mouth. Leaping free and shaking the last remnants of the bacta from his skin, he looked around for something, anything that seemed familiar. There were some clothes lying on a chair, and he instinctively dressed himself.

Who am I? What’s happened?

The hunter clutched his head in his hands, shaking slightly. His mind was blank, as though newly erased. He was a man with no past and an unknown future. He knew there was some great urgency, something he had to do, and do swiftly. Ripping the door open, the hunter fled through a series of small rooms before rounding a corner where a red-furred creature stared at him in shock. The hunter leapt back defensively. “Who are you?”

The creature gaped for a split second. “I’m the doctor, the surgeon. You were brought here by Marius–”

“Marius!”

The hunter flung himself past the doctor and ran out onto the street. The name had unlocked a small door in his mind.

Marius. Vampire. I killed him. No, wait, I was going to, but then something happened. He’s on my side now. I think.

Jumping into an unattended speeder, the hunter ripped open a side panel, exposing a jumble of electronics. Within a few seconds he had hotwired the vehicle and was speeding away, searching for anything that would jog his memory.

He swept upwards, threading between buildings. Every so often, his eyes would recognize a landmark and he would circle it, trying to remember where he was going, who he was, what he needed to do. A particular skyscraper caught his attention, pounding into his skull.

Home. 237th level, 19th door. Keycode 1543987. Weapons. Food. Equipment.

Parking the speeder and bursting inside, the hunter opened a series of alcoves, easily strapping on slugthrowers, daggers, and flexible armor. It felt as natural as his own skin, but helped very little in finding his identity. The holoset was still on, and a newscast babbled in the background as he searched the apartment. He examined the furniture, the windows, and the datascreens before trying to power up his terminal. The password screen came up.

user: shade
password:

Shade. Me. Vampire hunter. My guns. My home. Need to kill vampires. No, something more specific…

Turning toward the holoset, he stared vacantly at the weathercaster who was explaining a storm cell that was slowly developing in the southern half of Coruscant. Shade suddenly caught something in the man’s words that struck a chord. What did he say?

He sat on the chair, softly repeating the phrase to himself. “We can expect more rain to fall over this sector. Expect more rain to fall. More rainfall. More. Rain. Fall. More. Rain. More. Rain. Morerain. Morerain, morerain, morerain. Moiraine!”

Raine. She was…

His thoughts swirled together in turmoil. He could only recall the basic details; his first meeting with the girl…

She was sick. She loved Marius. I fought him. He came after her, but I took her away. But then I gave her back. Why did I give her back?

I loved her. Marius took her away, but I followed. There was a black room, and a table. And then…

Shade inadvertently howled, reeling as his mind relived the torment of Raine’s changing, and his ensuing torture. He collapsed on the floor, beating his fists into the polished silver-studded tiles. He knew his mission, his purpose.

Kill Sharund-roth.

Charging toward his vehicle, Shade gunned the speeder high into Coruscant’s evening sky.

Find Raine. Kill Sharund-roth.