Brothers Whisky: Long Roads Ahead

Unrelated stories that take place in a setting besides Star Wars...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

kashus_Draith
I beat up Batman

Brothers Whisky: Long Roads Ahead

Post by kashus_Draith » Mon May 18, 2009 9:50 pm

Rated R, Horror, Suspense Thriller, and Sci-Fi Elaments.

April 25, 2007

This is the story of the Whisky Brothers and their trip home after a long year at College.

“Wake up butthead!” The sound of the ever annoying older brother waking me from my beautiful sleep that I yearn for after a long night parting with friends. As I raise my ever sleeping head to stare at the ugly mug that was Darin Whisky, my older brother.

“What are you doing in my room?” I ask my brother who was looking at the aftermath of the party that took place last night. The dorm room was a mess and I could care less because it was summer brake.

“Joseph,” Darin paused for a second and I could see my brother had a grave look on his face. “Dad had a heart attack.” The words were sobering to me and immediately the thoughts of last night’s party and the joy of summer brake escaped me and the sudden knot in my stomach took its place.

“What?” Joseph sat up on the bed and stared at the small television set that was on a small shelf next to his bed. “Is he alright? When did this happen?” Joseph asks, thinking the worst.

“Last night, I got a call from mom and she said that dad had a heart attack. Mom says he’s stable.” Darin looked around the room and finds a pair of silk panties lying on the floor at the foot of my bed. “Mom wants us to come home and see him.”

“Yeah diffidently.” Joe gets up from his bed and lets out a sigh and stretch. As Joe does this he sees his brother bend down and pick up the pair of panties and gave me that look he always gives me when I do something questionable. “Have fun last night?” Darin asked.

“Yeah.” Joe cracked a smiled as he reached down and picked up T-shirt off the ground and put it on.

Well, I promised mom we would drive home together as soon as we were ready. So pack some clothes.” Darin walks over to the door and opens up. As he was about to head back down to car Joseph stops him.

“Why are we driving? That’s like a days drive.” Joseph asked. He didn’t quite understand why his brother would want to drive a whole day with his younger brother. The two brothers weren’t in the best of terms and weren’t very close when growing up.

“Mom wanted us to. She thought it would be good for us.” Darin rolled his eyes as if he didn’t want to explain it to his brother. “Just get ready, okay.”

“Sure, what ever.” Joe watched his brother shut the door behind him. “Mom’s always trying to fix things with people.” Joe shook his head as he snatched up some more of his clothes and grabbed a laundry bag to pack his clothes in.

After Joseph got freshened up and packed some cloths for the trip he headed downstairs to the parking lot where his older brother was waiting in their fathers old pickup truck. The old truck has been in the family since the Whisky brothers dad was in high school. It was a prized commodity in the family. It didn’t look like much from the outside but in the inside is what counted. The engine was completely revamped and built up from scratch eight cylinder engine. Whisky Senior was a farmer and also had an auto shop on the side. He was a man that never went to college or ever left his hometown of Haven Springs, but he worked hard all of his life to provide for his family and to make sure they had everything they needed, even if it meant he had to work two or three jobs at a time.

Joseph threw his stuff in the back of the truck and jumped inside. As Joseph slid his seat belt over his chest and snapped in on he heard his brother start up the engine and with a roar the engine flared to life.

“So what’s up with the girl?” Darin referred to the panties in his brother’s dorm room.

“What about it?” Joseph asked.

“Who was she?” Darin asked more persistence in his voice.

“I don’t know.” Joseph cracked a smiled.

Darin turned to his brother. “Is that how you are going to be? I thought mom and dad taught you better then that.” Darin shook his head in disgust.

“Chill out, seriously. I didn’t do anything last night.”

“Then whose underwear was that up in your room?” Darin elevated his voice even more, letting Joseph know he was a little pissed at his brother.

“Those panties were from my roommate’s girlfriend.” Joseph finally told his brother the truth. Joseph tends to do that a lot with his brother; he knew his older brother looked down on him, because he wasn’t like him, and this was a way to just really make him mad.

“Where’s your roommate and his girlfriend?”

“I don’t know? I’m sure they’ll pop up somewhere.” Joseph was annoyed by his brother’s constant questions. He felt like he was being interrogated.

Darin shifted the clutch and pressed down on the gas. As the truck pulled out of the parking lot a reckless driver shot past and forced Darin to swerve to the right and the truck went up onto the grassy lawn that separated the parking lot from the road. The car screeched as the other driver slammed on his brakes and swerved to the left into the other lane. The other car never stopped to see if the Whisky brothers were alright. It just kept going.

“What the hell!” Joseph heart was beating rapidly as they barley missed the reckless driver.

“I know right. That guy came out of nowhere. ASSHOLE!” Darin screamed out the window at the driver.

“The guy didn’t even slow down or stop what a dick.” Joseph commented as he let out a deep breath.

“People really can’t drive around here you know.” Darin said as he drove the truck back onto the street and proceeded to exit the campus grounds.

“Yeah. Hey look!” Joseph says as he points at his roommate with his girlfriend in the back yard of the dorm rooms.

Darin looks over and sees the two people. They were completely naked. “Idiots.” Darin commented. “Look at them, they’re naked.” Darin couldn’t help it, he had to laugh at them.

“Yeah, it looks like they don’t even know where the hell they are, those morons.” Joseph rolled down the window as they where driving by and sticks his head out and yells, “Hey John! Looking kind of small down there!” Joseph laughed as he brought his head back into the truck.

“Hmm, weird?” Joseph replied as he saw that his friends paid no attention to him or his comment.

“What is it?” Darin asked as he kept his eyes on the road.

“Well, he didn’t respond back.”

“He probably didn’t hear you or just that he was too embarrassed to say anything.” Darin made a turn and got onto one of the main streets that lead to the interstate.

“Whatever, the guy wasn’t that bright to begin with.”

“Yeah like most of your friends.” Darin didn’t like the friends his younger brother hanged around with. They were your average Star Wars geeks and gamer kind of people. Not like Darin’s friends who where your tight lace kind of guys or athletic types. Ever since high school, the Whisky brothers fell into different social groups and really the start of they’re falling out.

As the Whisky brothers make their way home, they are unaware of the troubles they will encounter as they go on this journey back home to see their ill father. What started as a brother bonding trip setout by their mother was now going to be a fight for their lives as they drive into the unknown.