Crimson Tide

Unrelated stories that take place in a setting besides Star Wars...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Crimson Tide

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:47 pm

Late 2006

“I kinda lost my mind a couple years ago. I called my parents and sisters and told them they had to turn the TV on, that something was happening, possibly a mass conspiracy. Every channel was speaking directly to me but I couldn’t quite make out what the newscasters were trying to tell me. I just knew it was important. Buildings were in flames, tanks and trucks full of men rolled down the streets, and thunder echoed from miles away, only it wasn’t thunder; it was something far more sinister. From my spot in my apartment I could see out over the ocean that hugged the New York Coastline. Massive black shapes became clearer as they popped out of the water. One became two. Two became four. Four became more than I could count. They were submarines, giant steel behemoths adorned in full black paint and red stars along their sides. The reports were still coming in but one thing was for certain, for the first time since the Revolutionary War, a foreign power had brought war to our doorstep.

That was 5 years ago. Everyone remembered that day, Red Thursday as it was called by the locals. The day the Soviet Union launched a surprise invasion of the United States. It had apparently been years in the making with secret bargains struck and mischievous alliances made. Needless to say, even with the many advances in homeland security, America was taken completely by surprise as the Red Army marched to our doorstep and kicked in the door. The Army did it’s best to hold the line given the initial surprise, the Russians pushed far into the USA, as far as West Virginia. Hundreds of refugees soon found themselves heading for the West in an attempt to get out from under the treads of the Red Machine. Although there were countless people fleeing for the safety behind the American lines there were still those who stayed behind the Russian lines and fought for all they had worked so hard to gain. I was one of those people. My name is Ethan Thatcher and I’m a freedom fighter, and this is my story.”

Ethan shut his notebook and stuffed it back into his inner jacket pocket. The winter air nipped at his exposed face as he and three other people sat in a bombed out hotel. Only a few blocks away from what used to be Times Square, Ethan and his troops had been doing reconnaissance in the area for a month. Pulling his binoculars to his eyes, Ethan saw a small patrol circling the building for the 15th time tonight. “Ok,” he whispered cradling the old assault rifle in his hands closer to his body, “that’s our signal. We move now and we move fast.” Those with him nodded and Ethan watched them jump down from their spots into the street below. Another night, anther fight. It wasn’t going to be easy, but then again, when was it ever?

Their feet had been on the ground for less than 3 minutes when they were spotted and they found themselves under heavy fire. Assault rifles spit out round after round of metal death towards the meagerly defended position. Ethan cursed himself inwardly as he soon came to the realization that this area had more than just a few groups of scouts. They must have hit the area right in the middle of a changing of the guard and with the increase of activity, there was more resistance then they’d expected. Explosions all around them threw up dirt and bits of rubble temporarily blinding them. Ethan and his three person squad had taken up cover behind a burned out shell of an old minivan not far from the Russian barricade. Times Square, Ethan thought to himself, once a vibrant place of hustle and bustle life, it was now a barren war-torn set of city blocks. He raised his head over the burning hood and scanned the bleak landscape. Up ahead he could hear the enemies’ cries. Russian curses combined with orders and screams for help, he knew without looking it brought a smile to his friend Bill’s face. Called “Wild Bill” by the rest of the people in Ethan’s unit, he was a veteran of the Gulf War and had been originally recruited when Ethan and a few men passed a bombed out building being assaulted by a squad of Russians. Bill was found inside wounded, surrounded by tens of dead Russians with him wielding dual handguns.

“Keep it together, Bill,” Ethan whispered, “don’t get too antsy. There’s probably an entire other squad hiding behind that barricade.

Bill scoffed, “Yea, yea, I know Thatch.”

Ethan cringed at being called Thatch, sure it was easier than saying Thatcher but he hated Bill’s consistent disregard for professionalism in his unit. “Ok,” he said kneeling on the ground and drawing pictures in the dust collected on the street, “we know that these Red bastards are holding that TV station and we need to take it if we’re to stop any of this propaganda bullshit they run over and over again.”

Ethan was then interrupted by Sam, the only woman in his unit, “What about that tank, boss? That thing may be quiet but I know it’s still out there.”

Ethan motioned towards their last member, Jack, a burley man with more demolitions on his person than most construction sites. Smiling as he produced two large C4 blocks from his jacket he spoke, “Let’s just say I brought the party favors.”

Everyone laughed softly, a trait they knew was used to cover up their nerves. Ethan then looked around to the entire group, “See ya’ll on the other side.” In a flurry of movement that had been rehearsed so many times before, both Ethan and Bill jumped up and slid across the hood firing their assault rifles from the hip. Their feet had been on the ground for less than a second when the sprinted across the crater filled street and dove behind a pile of rubble from a destroyed building. “Jack! Sam! Go now!”
Firing rounds of suppression fire, Ethan kept watch on both Jack and Sam with his peripheral vision. It wasn’t long until Jack and Sam both dove behind the mound of rock and they could regroup. However, the reprieve was short lived as a massive tank rolled around the corner. Turning to his group Ethan let a wolfish grin cross his face, “Let’s bring the noise.”
The tank stayed quiet, the roar of its engine was the only real noise. “What are they waiting for?” Bill asked.

Ethan quickly recognized the tactic and spun around raising his rifle, “We need to move! Watch the flanks and get the hell out of here!”
All at once, they started running from cover to cover knowing the Russian scouts were trying to flank them with the tank ready to blast them to bits if they stayed in the open too long. Running along half doubled over, Ethan had no time to look behind him at his squad and prayed that they were staying along with him as assault rifle rounds peppered the ground and the tank fired behemoth shells around them kicking up debris. Pushing through the pain, Ethan used the last of his energy to jump through a broken window into a darkened building. Rolling to his feet, he brought his rifle to bear and scanned the room. He was soon joined by Sam who ran through the other door and crouched by his side. Grabbing his radio he whispered into it, “Jack, Bill, report in.”

“We’re here,” Jack reported back, “We ran into some Reds but we got the drop on them. Not to mention they left us a little present.”

Before Ethan or Sam could respond the looked out the busted window and saw a trail of smoke reach out from the building across the street and saw it impact onto the tank. Ethan smirked as he realized Jack must have found an RPG from the Russian scouts. The tank had exploded showering the area with shrapnel and flaming debris, however in this moment of temporary victory, Ethan saw a group of Russians moving towards the building in which Jack and Bill were holed up. “Get out of there!” he screamed over his radio.

All he heard was weapons fire with yells and then silence. Without thinking, Ethan vaulted out of the room and into the street with Sam on his trail. Ignoring the bullets dancing around his feet, he willed himself to keep moving. He had to find out if Jack and Bill were still alive. With a final push from his legs, Ethan propelled himself into and through a cracked wooden door. Rolling to his feet, he brought hit rifle up to bear and unloaded two three shot volleys into the two Russians, one who’s gun was pointed at Jack, the other who returned fire at Ethan. As soon as they dropped, Jack freed himself from the makeshift binds holding his hands and policed the guns and ammo.

“Bill?” Ethan asked Jack even thought he knew the answer.

Jack shook his head before heading towards the window to see the enemies’ movements. Ethan looked around the room until he saw a pair of legs sticking out from another room. Rushing over he found Bill’s body. He was dead, three rounds to the chest and another two in the stomach. He must have bled out before Ethan could get there. Pushing away the grief, Ethan rose to his feet and looked to Sam and Jack.

“Time to leave,” he said moving towards the door.

“But-” Sam tried to interrupt.

“No!” Ethan said almost snapping at her, “This mission was doomed from the start; we’re getting out of here before anyone else dies!” No one disagreed, so they quietly stood and fell in line behind Ethan. “On my go, we make a break for the extraction point. Stay together, stay alive.”

Jack and Sam both nodded as they reloaded their rifles and waited for the orders to run like hell. “Now!” Ethan yelled stepping out into the street and laying down suppression fire so Jack and Sam could get a head start. Jack and Sam ran with Ethan firing volley after volley at the Russians still firing from behind the makeshift barricade. With his gun clicking, the sign of an empty magazine, he sprinted towards where Jack and Sam were crouched. “Ok, Sam, you run back to the mound and get to the LZ from there.” Sam nodded as she prepared herself, “Go now!” Ethan ordered as he and Jack lobbed two fragmentation grenades towards the barricade. The two thumps signified the detonation and gave Sam enough time to make it to the mound.

“Jack, you’re next. When you get there, don’t stop running,” Ethan ordered slamming a fresh clip into his rifle. “What about you?” Jack questioned before he noticed a red spot on Ethan’s shirt growing larger and larger. By now, Ethan was struggling to breathe, “I’m not making it back, there’s no time.” Jack went to arguer before Ethan grabbed his collar, “I’m your superior and that is an order. GO!”

Ethan then pushed Jack out and fired more rounds towards the Russian lines. Jack would have gone back for him, but the hail of gunfire made it impossible. Without any other choice, he ran towards Sam who by now had seen Ethan not coming. Hauling her with his one hand to stop her from running after Ethan, he fired his pistol with the other and drug her to the LZ on the other side of the buildings. Soon they were both in an armored truck and were on their way back to base.

Mentally cursing himself for not being able to save Ethan he soon noticed there was something in his jacket. Reaching in, he pulled out a small blue notebook and opened it to read, “I kinda lost my mind a couple years ago. I called my parents and sisters and told them they had to turn the TV on, that something was happening, possibly a mass conspiracy. Every channel was speaking directly to me but I couldn’t quite make out what the newscasters were trying to tell me. I just knew it was important.”
McCaffery: There are creatures in the deep you couldn't imagine in your worst nightmares.
Arthur 'AC' Curry: Oh thats reassuring. Thanks a lot.

"When someone stands in the way of justice, you simply walk up behind them and stab them in the heart" Ras Al-Gul - Batman Begins

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:56 pm

Present Day:

The armoured truck rumbled along the road as it hit bump after bump and slammed it's way through old wreckage and piles of earth and stone. Sitting in the back of the lead truck in the convoy, Jack fiddled idly with his combat knife, sharpening it inbetween bumps to make sure he didn't stab anyone on accident. After a few moments he felt a small hand on his arm, "Put it away, Jack."

He turned slowly to meet Sam's eyes staring back at him. Her face looked as though it were made of stone, "We'll be there soon," she said rummaging through her pockets and slamming a fresh magazine home into her modified M4 Carbine. Checking the gun over once more she turned back to Jack, "Get your act together, it's a simple smash and grab."

Jack nodded silently as he went over the briefing in his head one more time. There was a small warehouse compound not far from their current position where a few Resurgence fighters were being held. In the lead truck with Jack was his 5 person squad, Alpha Group. Behind him were two more trucks carrying Bravo and Charlie Groups respectively. Grabbing at the radio strapped to his shoulder, he pressed down the receiver, "All Groups, this is Alpha Lead. We'll be at Waypoint Delta within the next few minutes, get all your gear locked and loaded. Once we arrive, I want all Groups to converge on the outlying defenses so we can blow the gate and get in the compound. After that, Bravo will take the east side and Charlie will take the west side. Alpha will be in charge of the middle."

Looking over the map in Sam's hands next to him, Jack had designed the plan off the fact that there were two large, long buildings with three alleyways, one in the middle and two on the outer sides near the compound walls. "Check your fire and keep your eyes open," Jack finished, "We hit dirt in 15 minutes."
McCaffery: There are creatures in the deep you couldn't imagine in your worst nightmares.

"When someone stands in the way of justice, you simply walk up behind them and stab them in the heart" Ras Al-Gul - Batman Begins

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:26 pm

There was a loud crash, followed by several voices (distinctively in Russian) screaming warnings. Young David Walker arose from his bed and looked around quickly. His small room was empty save for himself, his dresser, and the bed he was sitting up on. He was 18 years old, five years ago that was something to be happy about but now it was something most parents feared. Russian’s grabbed any suspicious people between the ages of 18 and 40, at any time they chose and dragged them off to one of their ‘Correction Camps’. Those who left came back very different people, or never came back at all.

David heard his father yelling back, begging them not to harm David’s mother and that he was willing to come quietly. All David heard was a smack as one of the guards’s smashed their weapon against his mother’s skull, he heard his father curse then there was a lot of shuffling and several shots were fired. Finally two shotgun blasts rang out and there was silence, David was sweating and physically shaking as he rose and walked to the door of his room. He was well built, around six feet tall, and prided himself on his thick wavy dark brown hair. If the schools were still running and were coed he would be the Quarterback of the Football team and the guy every girl wanted. But it wasn’t five years ago, and the Reds made life as difficult as possible, pushing their propaganda bullshit down everyone’s throats and keeping contact with others to a minimum.

David finally managed to gather enough courage to grab the door’s handle and open the door. With a few creaks the door swung open and revealed the mess the soldiers had made through the kitchen and living room of the apartment on their way to the master bedroom. The front door to the rest of the apartment complex was kicked in, the hinges broken and pieces of wood splintered off and lying on the ground. David continued towards the master bedroom, fear gripped his heart as to what he might find inside. He could hear a steady breathing from inside the room, but no motion.

David approached the doorway, the door having been left open, and immediately saw two soldiers on the floor in pools of blood…AK-74 assault rifles on the ground next to them. David walked past the gory scene and into the bedroom, to his dread and utter horror his father was dead on the left side of the bed with a pistol in his hand. He kept the handgun safely stored in his dresser in a secret compartment just in case the Reds would come to search the house. Empty casings surrounded him and a series of holes were on his chest, David turned away and closed his eyes. He took a moment to collect himself, tears now flowing freely and sobs beginning to swell in his chest.

When he opened his eyes his saw his mother lying on the opposite side of the bed, shotgun across her body and a dead Russian a few feet next to her. The Shotgun was of Russian make and design; she must have taken it from the soldier dead next to her. His mother was bleeding from a crack in her skull and from a hole in her leg. She smiled at David when he rushed over to her side, clutching her left hand in his right.

“Sweetheart, I’m so sorry we did this to you. But we couldn’t just sit by and let them destroy our country, your father and I were too proud for that.”

“Mom…” He managed to force the words out in-between sobs. “what are you talking about?” She smiled and reached up with her free hand, caressing his cheek and wiping away his tears.

“Sweety, your father and I had been aiding the resistance for years, they had come to stop us. They hit me and your father shot the Bastard, in turn those two shot him…but I killed them both.” She spoke with conviction and pride, like she had done her duty and was glad about the results.

“Mom…I’ll take you to the…hospital or the resistance…or somewhere.” She shook her head and smiled at him.

“No…you’re going to take that rifle there” She said pointing to one of the AK’s next to the dead soldiers, “and you’re going to take your father’s pistol…and you’re going to run from this place. Go into hiding wherever you can, me and your father always thought that hiding in plain sight would have been most effective but apparently it wasn’t. Find the resistance, after they find out what happened here they will look for you. You just need to survive until then.”

David shook his head and went to lift her up, she smacked him across the face. He moved back, in shock. “I’m already dead David!” She yelled at him, raising her voice for the first time in the conversation. “The round tore through my femoral artery, I won’t make it to the hospital and even if I did that would just lead to your capture and my eventual death anyway. No, you are going to live my son…to take revenge…don’t ever cry again…and never give up hope.” David backed away slowly, then turned and walked over to his father’s body. David knelt down and closed his father’s eyes before picking up the snub nosed forty four magnum revolver on the ground just out of his grip. He also opened the drawer and pulled out a box of rounds he took with him.

David traveled back into his room and put on some casual clothes. Baggy jeans with cargo pockets, a white T-shirt, and a brown leather jacket, he completed the get up with his prized blue New York Yankees hat his father bought him when he was ten.

Walking back into his parents’ room he took a large duffel bag from their closet and set it on the bed, it was likewise emblazoned with the logo of the New York Yankees and had belonged to his father. He had resisted looking to his mother to this point but now that he stopped and his heart had quieted he could hear complete silence. His mother wasn’t breathing anymore, he looked over and sure enough she was dead. The tears had stopped but that did nothing to quell the great pain in his chest. He pushed through the pain, grabbing the Assault rifle and stuffing it inside along with several clips he took from the corpses, and the shotgun on his mother’s body. He checked the soldier for extra shells and found a dozen that he tossed into a side pocket of the bag.

His father’s revolver was stuffed in the back of his pants’ waistline. He looked once more into the closet to find something very useful…his father’s military gear. He had served with the military ten years ago, Marines to be exact, and he had bought a combat vest, and had kept a set of his combat outfit. The colors may have faded with time but he had used the clothes on hunting trips before the war, David took the vest as he didn’t really need the rest in this urban setting.

He took the bag back into his own room and threw some more clothes inside before he put on his DC skate boarding sneakers and walked out. A few apartment owners saw him and a few gave him canned goods, water, and other foods he stored in his duffel bag. He tried to thank most of them but his ability to speak was nearly non-existent.

He left the building an hour after he had woken up, he wandered off unsure of his destination but certain of his intentions. He drifted for some time, two hours, maybe more. The streets were bustling with activity in this sector of Manhattan, despite the occupation and war torn landscape and ongoing battle between the resistance and the Soviets people went about their daily lives as best they could.

It was strange, as he passed by people they paid him no heed. None cared he was carrying a duffel bad, and no one noticed the blood on his hands. By this time he was reaching the warehouse districts of the city, fewer people traveled here as it was a known soviet outpost. Perfect for David, thirsty for revenge he wanted blood. He gripped the bag in his hand tighter as images of his parents lying dead flashed through his mind. He was coming up on a checkpoint, a pair of Russian guards had stopped a civilian SUV. He heard a girl and older man talking to them, the soviets raised their voices as well as their weapons and force the two out of the vehicle.

The girl, a teenage girl that looked slightly younger than David, and the man, most likely her father, both were pushed up against the metal link gate that was closed in front of their car. The one guard grabbed the girl’s rear, she shrieked and slapped him in the face. He returned in kind by cracking her in the head with the butt of his rifle. The father yelled and tackled the guard to the ground, David’s hand reached back for the pistol in his pants as he dropped the bag in his left hand.

The second guard raised his AK74 and fired a burst into the back of the father, the girl rushed over crying as the first guard pushed the body off him and rose. They spoke to each other and then the second soldier aimed his rifle at the girl. There was a shot but it wasn’t from the guard’s rifle, he dropped to the ground and clutched his side in a futile attempt to stop the bleeding. The other guard swung his weapon around and fired a burst at David, it was poorly aimed and was only meant to scare whoever the attacker was. It failed miserably, David didn’t care if he lived or died, he saw only his revenge.

He fired several more well aimed shots into the remaining guard, who in turn dropped his weapons and fell to the ground dead. David strolled up the guard clinging to life on the ground, he begged the young man for his life in heavily accented English. “Please…Please….Please no…” David ignored his pleas and fired another round into the man’s skull with no remorse. David turned around and went back for his duffel bag, he walked back up to the check point and began taking ammo and weapons from the dead guards. The girl had by now stood up and walked over to David. She kicked one of the dead guards ferociously and repeatedly, David ignored her…he knew her pain. Her shoulder length blonde hair was blood stained and her otherwise attractive face was marred with streaks of mascara carried away from her tears. Her blue eyes swelled with pain and sadness but David saw the glare of hatred she looked at the dead soviets with…knowing it was reflected in his own. She had a puffy fur coat around her, it was a pretty pink and her skin tight jeans were ripped and torn in several spots.

She finally turned to David, just as he slapped a clip into an automatic pistol he gathered from the dead guards. “I’m Laura…I want to help you.” David should have said no, the old David would never have allowed her into harm’s way…but this new David was much different…

“Grab that rifle and a few clips of ammunition, follow me, and do as I say, and we can both have our revenge.” She nodded and did as told. David threw the duffel bag into the back seat of the car and opened it up. He checked over his weapons and selected the SPAZ shotgun he had taken from his apartment…off his mother’s body. His anger flared up again and he grabbed several shells as well and stuffed them in his pocket.

He closed the door and secured the Soviet handgun on the right side of his pants and the freshly loaded revolver on the left side. He popped the stock on the SPAZ out and set it against his shoulder; he pushed the slide down halfway to see inside the chamber and was pleased to see a shell set and ready. He walked over to Laura and checked the assault rifle she held in her hands, the weapon was not proportional to the rest of her body and looked massive in her tiny arms. Still, she held it with the steady determination of a battle hardened vet.

David reached over and clicked the safety off then looked into her eyes. “You know how to use this thing?” She pulled the loading lever and a round popped out of the weapon as a fresh one was loaded in.

“I learn fast.” She said in a sharp tone, David nearly smiled…it was more of a devilish grin.

“Let’s kill these bastards.” David said as he opened the gate and ran inside with Laura just behind him.
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
but awesome at the same time
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:59 pm

The line of trucks weaved through the abandonded streets as they began to close in on the Russian occupied quarters of the city. Through the lead window, Jack could see the barricade where a small guard station was with signs hanging all over it going on about ID cards and clearance passes. He smiled a wolfish smile as he cradled his clearance pass in his hands. His M4 was all he needed.

The lead truck stopped at the barricade as a Russian guard approached. From the back of the truck, Jack could hear murmurs as the driver and guard spoke back and forth, finally there was the sound of a silenced pistol, a sound only soldiers would recognize. The guard dropped to the ground and the driver hit the gas and accelerated through the road block.

As soon as the last truck cleared the gate, the Russian spotters in the guard towers opened fire alerting the entire compound that something was happening. The driver cursed from his spot, "We can't get out to blow the gate! Too many guards!"

Jack let a sadistic grin corss his face, "Fuck it!" he yelled, "Ram, the sum' bitch!"

The trucks all picked up speed as they raced across the courtyard towards a small chain link fence acting as a gate. "Hang on!" Sam yelled over the din. The truck impacted into the gate with a crash and sent the metal flying into two Russian guards impaling them with the fence poles. Once through, the three trucks skidded to a stop and unloaded their deadly cargo.

Exiting the truck, Jack calmly walked from one side to the other as thought nothing was wrong. His men were always in awe of his resolve, no matter what the perils. "Bravo Group, Charlie Group, go to your marks!" Jack yelled through his radio. As the two Group leaders acknowledged, Jack saw them split towards either side of the compound leaving Alpha Group alone to run the gauntlet.

"Ok," Jack said kneeling behing the armoured truck, the sounds of bulets pingin off the truck added to the din he was trying to yell over. "Somewhere in these buildings are our prisoners, we clear these buildings and we clear them right!"

He was then quiet for a second as he heard a loud bang, "and will someone take out that mother fucking gun nest!"

CRACK

Sam smirked as the sound stopped and she held her still smoking sniper rifle over her shoulder, "Better, sweetheart?"

Jack didn't smile, he never did. "Ok, everyone, let's move out."

Charlie Group

As Charlie Group ran towards the closest building, they took up positions in front of the door as they prepared to breach. "Sir!" Charlie 3 yelled, "the dor's already been breached!"

Charlie Lead looked at the door before he turned, "We may have friendlies here. Check your fire, there are still local fighters around here. So be on your best behavior and we might get some new members."

The men all laughed for a second but then steadied themselves and as Charlie Lead kicked in the slightly opened door, they rushed in and checked every corner.

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:48 pm

David and Laura entered the warehouse; David led the way with his shotgun pressed tightly against his shoulder and ready to fire. They left the door open, not really caring about people following them inside. Large stacks of crates and a truck dominated the main floor of the building, David heard voices just ahead of him. Clutching the shotgun tightly he stepped ahead and immediately he spotted the source of the noise standing next to the truck. Two guards with their weapons slung across their backs and conversation flowing between them.

One must have spotted David out of the corner of his eye because he turned and reached back for his weapon. He never got the chance to even pull it around as David fired the shotgun into his chest. Watching the soldier slam against the side of the truck with his chest peppered with holes was satisfying to him, he pumped the weapon and turned it on the other guard still struggling to bring his weapon in front of him. David fired again, he hit him dead center mass, and the guards likewise slammed against the truck and slid to the ground dead. David felt fulfilled, like a weight was lifted off his shoulders.

Then several loud cracks that could be identified as assault rifles sounded throughout the building and David dove for cover under the truck. Laura returned fire at the attackers located on a catwalk above them. Her aim was poor but the suppression fire drove the reds into cover, they ran off the catwalk and inside a small office overlooking the warehouse’s floor. The small structure was made of strong wood several inches thick and the AK-74 rounds failed to punch through it. Laura continued to fire, to little effect, until her weapon simply clicked. The guards popped into the window of the structure and fired out at her.

“Get down and reload!” David yelled at her, she rolled behind a mound of metal containers and began to switch out clips with the inexperienced hands of someone who had just fired a gun for the first time.

David crawled out from under the truck and rose to a crouch. Bullets bounced off the crates Laura was behind and David ran as fast as he could to the stairwell leading up to the small office. David walked up, careful to not make too much noise. When he finally did reach the top he could see through the open doorway of the office right at the pair of guards ducked under the window reloading. One spotted him and pulled his pistol, yelling a warning to his comrade. David reacted without thought, diving past the doorway as he fired into it simultaneously.

They yelled at him as they fired their handguns into and around the doorway. Bullets impacted the wood next to David’s face and he crawled as fast as he could away from the doorway. He heard a series of clicks and moving metal parts before two long bursts of assault rifle fire punched holes in the wall next to the doorway. David was out of the way thankfully but still put his arms over his head out of instinct.

When they stopped firing an idea popped into David’s head, he moaned loudly as if he was injured. Laura yelling up to him added to the façade, David flipped and brought his shotgun on the doorway and waited. Nobody came, instead he heard them firing at Laura again, her sobs were audible between bursts. David rose and pointed his shotgun where, he estimated as best as he could, the two soldiers were behind the wall. He closed his eyes and turned his head then pulled the trigger. He opened them after he heard the blast and felt the strong kick of the weapon, turning to look he saw a circular hole in the wall roughly a foot in diameter. Through that hole he spotted one guard clutching his eyes to stop the bleeding and the other turning his weapon on the area of the hole.

David reacted instantly, pumping the weapon again and firing into the wall as he moved to the side to get around the corner of the office, towards the window facing Laura. The second blast blew through and the yelling of the one Russian stopped suddenly, the second screamed something in Russian and let loose on the entire wall. David felt something hot scrape against the back of his right calf and he fell forward, flipping over the railing and falling some fifteen feet towards the ground. Luckily he hit a mound of boxes halfway down and broke his fall, he rolled off and fell the rest of the way to the concrete. His body failed to move despite his strong desire to do so. The surviving guard came out of the office limping and leaned over the railing as he changed a clip. David could only look up and watch, struggling to move.

The Soviet finished reloading and pointed his weapon downward, David closed his eyes and heard the assault rifle fire a burst. He waited, noticing he had not felt the impact of the rounds he reached up and touched his face and chest. Now certain he was alive he opened his eyes just in time to watch the guard fall over the railing dead, he hit the ground several feet away from David. Laura rushed over to David and crouched next to him.

“Are you alright?” David nodded and sat up. She put a hand under his arm and pulled. The extra help allowed him to bring himself up to his feet, he reached down and grabbed his shotgun. “I…Killed him.”

David nodded, looking to the dead body of the guard. “Feels good doesn’t it.”

“Still doesn’t bring my dad back.” She said wiping away tears, David realized she was right…that no matter how many he killed his parents were still dead. He was just killing so he could feel better…he decided to start killing to free his country from a foreign power instead. He still wasn’t going show any kind of mercy to these scum, but he should show something to Laura.

“I’m David.” He said, not sure of what to say exactly. “They killed my parents this morning while I was in the other room.” She pouted, David wasn’t sure she could handle any more sadness right now and he regretted making the last comment.

“I’m sorry…” She said. David nodded and heard the sound of boots fast approaching from outside. David grabbed her hand and ran out one of the side doors, he wasn’t sure where the hell he was but he knew he had to get out of here now. Voices in Russian sounded through the door, obviously they had found the dead bodies inside. David held onto Laura’s hand and led her into another building across from the warehouse. Loud sirens were booming and he could hear tires screeching and guns going off close by.

The building her led her too was small, only one story and a quarter of the size of the warehouse they had just left. It was a manager’s office of some sort, it was turned into an explosives store house because it was filled with crates packed together tightly and the one closest to the door was open displaying what it contained.

Plastic explosives, C4 to be exact, David would recognize it anywhere from all the war movies and action hero movies he used to watch. He grabbed a bunch of slabs of the C4 and stuffed it into his baggy pockets. “Grab some of this stuff and put it where ever you can store it.” She grabbed two pieces and put them inside her coat, making her chest look ridiculously huge for her age.

David stared curiously at her until she commented. “Only place I could think of.” David shrugged and opened the door to the building again.

“Run over to that truck right there, see if the keys are inside. If they are keep low and hide until I come back.” David said as he pointed over to the truck he was referring to. It was a good distance from the building he was about to leave and was between two warehouses with their main doors closed. A few soldiers ran past and David and Laura ducked to try and remain concealed, when they passed she nodded and started to leave then stopped and turned back to him.

“Where are you going?”

“To make sure no one follows us. Don’t worry I’ll be fine.” David turned around to the warehouse he had just left and pumped his shotgun. He opened the door slowly, as to not make a noise, and walked inside at a crouch. Four Russians were looking over the two dead near the truck. Suddenly there was a burst of Russian voices over the radio and the rushed out of the front door, adjacent to the one he and Laura originally entered through.

David saw this as his chance and he ran over to the Russian Laura had shot, he searched the body and found the grenade he was looking for. He turned to leave the building but heard somebody enter through the door he had come through when he first emerged into the warehouse. David hooked the safety lever on the grenade onto is pants’ waistline and hid behind some boxes.

He waited until whoever entered walked past him, he wasn’t standard Russian infantry who ever he was but he was carrying an assault rifle. Unsure, David felt he should gain an advantage before talking to the man. He pressed the barrel of his shotgun to the back of the man’s head. “Freeze, who are you?” He said, sounding as tough and in control as possible. Then he felt cold steel against the back of his neck and knew he was screwed.
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
but awesome at the same time
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:37 pm

"Not a smart move, kid," Charlie Lead spoke as he pressed his Desert Eagle to the back of the kid's head. He knew of Russians taking street urchins and reforming them into soldiers. Besides, for all he knew this kid could be some Russian plant to set them up for an ambush.

By now, Charlie 2, the man with the shotgun to his head, calmly grabbed the shotgun and twisted it out of the kid's arms. With all of Charlie Group's guns pointed at him, Charlie Lead knew that the kid wasn't going anywhere. "Alpha Lead, this is Charlie Lead," he spoke into his shoulder mounted radio, "Building 1 is clear, we're moving onto the next one."

"Good, Charlie Lead," Jack's voice said over the radio, "keep me informed."

"Also, we've hit a bit of a snag here," Charlie Lead continued, "might be a local, might be some Russian plant. There's a kid in here, lotta dead Ruskies too that we didn't get to."

There was silence before Jack's voice came back, the sounds of gunfire in the background were almost laoud enough to drown out his voice, "Keep him with you. Anything suspicious don't waste any time and neutralize him."

"Affirmative," Charlie Lead responded before turning to the kid. "Ok, kid, you're with us, you wanna help us, that's grand. You try anything funny I will not hesitate to blow you away."

Main Compound - Alpha Group

As Jack let go of his radio, he looked around the corner of the building they were holed up behind. “Sam,” he spoke as he turned, “we need some suppression fire. Take Alpha 4 and 6 and take out some of those bastards in the guard towers.” Sam nodded silently as she hefted her sniper rifle over her shoulder and called up Alpha 4 and Alpha 6. Jack held up a fist signaling them to wait and in a second he and Alpha 3 and Alpha 5 stepped from around the corner and opened fire on a small group of Russians firing at them from behind a sandbag barricade. Without a word, Sam and her group sprinted across the courtyard and slide to a stop behind a burned out fuel truck. With the others behind cover, Jack returned to behind the wall and awaited for that all to familiar sound.

CRACK!
CRACK!

Smiling as he peeked around the corner, Jack saw both Russian guards falling from the towers and landing in a heap in front of the sandbag barricades. In the moment of confusion of panic from the Russians, Jack gave a series of hand motions and in a moment all of Alpha Group ran from cover towards the wall of sandbags. Firing as he ran, Jack scored two hits and knocked out a Russian manning a heavy machine gun. From behind him, Alpha 3 and Alpha 5 primed two grenades and launched them over the wall and within a second a massive explosion threw Russians over the wall as if they were rag dolls.

With her group, Sam kept her head on a swivel as she checked all the corners with her scope making sure there was no one with the high ground to stop their assault. With one last push, all Alpha Group vaulted over the wall and regrouped. “Bravo Group,” Jack called into his radio, “I want a SITREP.”

Bravo Lead’s voice came back instantaneously, “Little resistance here, Alpha Lead. We’re coming up on what looks to be a vehicle depot. Please advise.”

“If possible try to capture any transports, we’ll need them if we all want to get out of here alive,” Jack responded as he fished a full clip from his pack. Bravo Lead sounded his acknowledgement and Jack then turned to his group, “Ok, Alphas, Bravo is busy getting us a ride. Charlie is closest to where the prisoners are speculated to be. As for us, we need to hold down that gate and make sure our road out of here is secure.”

With a few silent nods, Alpha Group readied themselves and after policing spare ammo and guns took up defensive positions around the main gate.