Warhammer 40,000: The Sabbat Worlds Crusade

Unrelated stories that take place in a setting besides Star Wars...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Halcyon508

Warhammer 40,000: The Sabbat Worlds Crusade

Post by Halcyon508 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:49 pm

To: Warmaster Slaydo

The enemy has received heavy reinforcements from Melsar and Taliscant, I’ve arranged for a feint withdrawl that has led them within the range of my heavy guns. Your counter punch in this operation Redrake will succeed at any cost. I will be filled with joy when we’ve past your “glittering pathway” and finally reach Ballhaut. Drastic measures may be required however...

Indrid

Colonel Jurin Dorn paced in his office. Four months his forces had been stuck on this forsaken world. The forces of chaos, highly trained and disciplined for chaos troops, had rebuked all assaults on the manufacturing centers. The battle lines had been pushed and finally the imperial forces had managed to corral and contain the forces of chaos. Now it was a war of attrition: who would run out ammunition and manpower first?

A knock pierced the silence of Dorn’s office. “Come in!” his voice was hoarse. The door swung open and the frigid air swirled into the office enveloping Dorn’s face and forcing him to narrow his eyes. He heard the door shut and the large air vent above him turned on, shooting warm air into the room. Before him in full uniform was Sergeant Mevroa.

”Sir, we have reports of enemy movements.” Mevroa could smell freshly cooked meat and toasted bread.

“It’s your lucky day Sergeant.” Dorn waved his hand over the table. “I’m not that hungry, I’ll split the meal with you.” He smiled and gave the soldier a wink before he sat down at the table. Mevroa did likewise and dug into the plate the Colonel had prepared for him. “So Sergeant, how about you tell me about these enemy movements?” The soldier looked up with his mouth full so Dorn raised a hand and continued. “I’ve been up for a good deal longer than I would like and I find my eyes are too tired to read.”

Swallowing hard Mevroa replied, “They have been probing the lines, the foxholes in the front suffered minor casualties and we believe that they are preparing for a major push on our section of the line.”

“Show me on the map,” he said pushing his plate aside and revealing a large map of the area with the current battle lines drawn in.

“Yes sir,” he said standing up and leaning over the table. "They attacked here," he said, pointing to a spot on the map. "And here," he pointed to another area on the map, smudging it in the process. Suddenly there was another knock on the door. The Trooper looked up and Dorn waved his hand. Mevroa knew what it meant, he walked over and gently opened the door. The frigid air blew in once more making the soldier shiver. No it wasn’t the cool air, it was the man on the other side of the door. Commissar Knaelin.

Knaelin wore the crisp uniform of his station however, whenever his hat was off his brazen red hair added to the ensemble and was, in the view of many, visual pollution. “Sergeant?” the large man barked as he took his hat off and bombarded the room with unnecessary color. “Shouldn’t you be in your hole?” Dorn smirked, the guy acted like a bastard but truth be told he cared just as much as the good colonel.

Mevroa was opening his mouth to speak but Dorn beat him to it. “He is my guest Commissar, now why are you here?”

The large commissar made an unnatural smile and stared at Dorn. “I’m hearing rumbling from the men. I investigated and found a deserter. Corporal Fuirlin.”

“Sir!” the Sergeant said almost yelling. “He was looking for a pair of boots sir!”

Both the Commissar and the Colonel looked over at him. “Boots?” they said in unison.

”Yes sirs! Supplies have been hard to come by so he went out to look for boots.”

”What happened to his standard issue?” the Commissar said questioningly.

Mevroa was almost sweating, in the middle of winter. “His hole was hit by a mortar round and his boots were hammered. Almost took his feet off sir.”

Looking over at Knaelin, Dorn asked “Is that an acceptable answer?”

Knaelin nodded. “Yes sir.”

“Good then if you wouldn’t mind if…” Suddenly the room shook violently. Dorn ran to his Vox set and spoke into it. “Report!”

“Sir,” the voice was marred with static. “The outer holes are falling back to the main trench line sir! The enemy is moving in force! Repeat the enemy is…” the voice was replaced my blood curdling scream and the sound of las shots.

Knaelin and Mevroa looked at the colonel as orders came through the Vox from the Lord General himself. ‘Hold’.

Commissar Knaelin and Sergeant Mevroa ran from the building and into a line of trenches, and were shocked by what they saw. The snow was falling from the sky along with fire! Knaelin looked over the top of the trench to see the enemy figures charging forward toward them. Their fatigues were red, dyed with the blood of Mevroa’s comrades, there eyes covered by a light helmet and goggles that were sewn into there face. As the enemy approached, the troopers could hear the horrid whooping, like a thousand dying animals all crying out. Damn chaos infected warp spawn!

Knaelin stood up and revved his chain sword. “Men!” he said in the loudest voice he could muster. “You are the Valorian Twenty First!” he waved his sword in the air. “You are the elite of Valoria! So hold the line! Let nothing through! Hold! For homeworld and for the God-Emperor hold!” the cheers drowned out the sound of enemy fire as the men took up firing positions.

The wave of enemy troopers faltered as they entered the kill zone, an area complexly devoid of cover save for craters, a full field of fire for the troopers of the Valorian Twenty First. The bodies piled up, but the chaos soldiers were immune to the sight of there dead comrades. Wave after wave fell into the las fire of the imperial guard only for the first of the enemy reached the trenches to be sliced in half by Commissar Knaelin.

The assault was furious, Lord General Militant Cybon could tell, he was watching from a high hill nearly a mile behind the line sipping on sweet hot caffeine. “Vox officer!” he yelled as a tired looking thin man walked up to his plump commander with a large Vox unit on his back. The enemy was just starting to ease up on the Valorian lines. “I want you to send orders to the Valorian Twenty First, their orders are to counter attack down the front, also order Hakolian mechanized infantry around the flank to crush the enemy while the Valorians distract them. This battle ends here.”

“Counterattack? Damn!” Dorn took out his laspistol and lifted his chain sword from the table. He exited out the front door and saw the troopers staring at him. He walked down the line until he reached Knaelin and Mevroa. The guardsmen were mopping up the remaining chaos troopers that had reached the trench line. They were still taking sporadic fire from the woods line just outside of the killing field.

Dorn looked over the trench. “We’ve been ordered to counterattack!” he heard several groans and then shrugged. “What the hell, who wants to live forever anyways?”

“Well, I do actually,” Sergeant Mevroa said causing the nearby men to laugh. Dorn nodded and Sergeant jumped over the trench and yelled in unison with his commander, “Over the top!”
Domani, forget domani
Let's live for now and anyhow who needs domani?
~ Frank Sinatra, Forget Domani

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:38 pm

Amist all the noise coming from the opposing fronts, a small four man squad made their way from cover to cover firing along the way. At the point was Sergeant Varnik, a battlehardened veteran with a mind as deadly as he weapons. Holding up his fist the team of men behind him stopped and took up firing positions along the crest of the crater they had all dived into.

Taking up his vox he yelled his next order, "Thatcher! Will you give us some damn covering fire?!"

It was only a few seconds later when a series of loud cracks echoed above the team. Thatcher, the fifth man of the squadron, was a sniper holed up back in their original foxhole. "Forward area clear," Thatcher spoke into the vox. With the area in front of the crater clear, there was a straight shot to a broken wall, "Jaris, Kervin, get your asses to that wall!" Varnik ordered.

Jaris, a lanky rifleman crawled to the edge of the crater followed by Kervin, a larger man who was banging on his rifle before he got to Jaris. After a quick three round burst, Jaris and Kervin sprinted from the hole towards the broken wall. "Ok, Lark," Varnik said as the first two reached the wall, "it's just you and me. You go first, keep that flamer ready to roast these sum' bitches."

Lark nodded as he made his way closer to the crest of the crater, "GO!" Varnik yelled. In an instant both men began their sprint to the wall, bullets spraying the ground around them. "God dammit, Kervin, cover me!" Varnik yelled as he ran. To his right, Varnik say three cultists rushing his position, "Damn, damn, damn," he cursed as he spun and fired as he continued to run sideways. After a few three round bursts, all the cultists had taken shots all over their body. Finally, with all the enegy left, Varnik and Lark leapt to the wall and quickly covered themselves from enemy fire. "Dammit, Kervin! What the hell is wrong with you?!"

Kervin shrugged lightly, "Gun jammed."

Varnik was silent which contrasted with the echoing sounds of the battle all around them, "You son of a bitch."
Last edited by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu on Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:40 pm

It happened without conscious thought. The shot had torn through the skull of the cultist and was going out the other side before Jerron could see the Cultist in detail. Several shots went by him, making the air thick with heat and filled with a scream from behind. He shifted his aim again, targeting another cultist firing at him. His lasgun fired into the hostile's chest which subsequently exploded in body matter.

Jerron took another three bounding steps and he reached the crater he was running for. All around him his men were reaching the large crater as well advancing with the overall counter attack.

"Ltee!" Someone called from behind Jerron. Jerron tried to put a face to the voice...Corporal Keizer. Jerron turned around as his command squad filled the crater. "Ltee, I have third squad on the vox. They're held up by heavy enemy fire and are requesting support."

"Send second squad on a flanking mission while first squad covers their advance. The rest of the platoon is to continue the counter attack. Now lets move out!" No one questioned Jerron's orders. Keizer relayed them to the other squads and then he too followed after Jerron and the rest of the command squad. Everyone knew Jerron's reputation, it was reknowned among the entire company. He was badass numero uno, there were unconfirmed rumors of his killing of insuboridante NCOs and soldiers under his command. His abilities in combat were incredible to see, most said he fought like a crazed space marine. His tactics were proven and effective, he was what every commander loved...He got things done, no matter the losses.

Jerron stormed out of the crater and into the woods, what was left of them. It was more of a plains now, any tree over six feet was splintered and blown apart by artillery shells. It was more of a plain with broken tree stumps and shattered and fallen trees. There was ample cover, Jerron got behind a large fallen tree, it was roughly four feet in diameter so merely squatting his body was completely protected.

He raised up and aimed over the tree, he fired two quick shots each one finding a target and dropping it dead to the ground. The rest of his command squad caught up with him, he did a head count and found he was short one man. "Wheres Private Nueller?" He asked the man next to him firing a lasgun over the tree at the advancing enemy. It was Staff Sergeant Xera and when he ducked down he answered his commander's question.

"Took a round in the hip, couldn't move him so a corpsman tended to him while we moved on." Jerron grunted in response before standing up and felling another foe.
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
but awesome at the same time
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:43 pm

Mevroa cleared the kill zone as fast as he could, stopping only once to bayonet an enemy soldier in his path. He watched as the bodies of his friends become deformed from las blasts. Looking forward Mevroa raised his lasrifle and stared down the sight and gently squeezed the trigger. He watched the shot impact the chaos soldier, cutting his arm right off.

They had penetrated the wood line now and the enemy had stopped running and began to defend ground, using there own foxholes against them. Mevroa didn’t care what his chances where, being at the fore front of the advance. He ran forward and rolled into a large crater as a heavy bolter position opened fire.

Crawling on his back Mevroa could see a trooper, Berk-something; a new addition to the unit, diving into the same crater. Mevroa looked at the man as he landed. “Sergeant…damn this is some kind of hell.” The trooper peeked his head over the crater edge and Mevroa heard a small pop and a red rain fell upon his face. Berk-something’s head had been blown off completely.

Peering over the top of the crater under the cover of his fallen comrade Mevroa took careful aim. The red lance of the lasrifle punctured a whole straight through the gunners head, downing him. Mevroa stood up and ran at full pace taking pot shots at the remaining men in the emplacement, who were too afraid to man the large gun.

Jumping into the emplacement with several other troopers Mevroa stabbed violently with his bayonet puncturing the unarmored chest of the vile cultist. To release the blade he raised his foot and kicked into the mans stomach. He turned and pulled his knife immediately impaling another oncoming solder in the throat. “Clear!” he heard someone yell.

He didn’t need to be told twice…he pounced turned the heavy bolter and signaled for one of the troopers to man it. Gathering a squad around him he then continued the advance. Into the breach, they charged and fired. Running from cover to cover straight into enemy fire, it was a suicide run. He ran into a small drainage ditch and crawled along the inside of it, protected from the enemy. Shooting up from his ditch he fired several shots that grazed the landscape near the enemy.

Only luck had kept him alive as he ran straight into the enemy fire, and dived into a small hole. Propping his weapon on the edge of the hole between two large rocks he began to rain fast and accurate fire down on the enemy forces. He was at the base of hill 640, which was the headquarters of the enemy forces on planet.

A small thump heralded the entrance of another into his already tightly packed hole. “Find your own damn hole!” he said shooting off another round. “There was a nice defilade over to the east.” He turned to point and noticed Commissar Knaelin sitting next to him firing small burst with his laspistol.

“Lord General the Valorian advance has stalled, we are estimating that they are meeting the heaviest of all resistance. The entire enemy force seems to have fallen back to hill 640.”

The Lord General Militant shifted in his seat, “Send in the Thelaxi Fifth to back them up, Full assault.”

“Yes sir, and their Auxilia?” the Vox officer asked. He looked at his commander and knew instantly he meant to use them. “But sir they are animals, mere beasts! If you send them in they are just as likely to attack our own troops!”

“I said full assault!” the General barked. “Listen to my order and do not question it or I’ll have you before a firing squad!” the officer gulped hard and quickly replayed the orders.

The assault on the hill had been halted by massed enemy fire and presence, the Valorian light infantry fought with all there skill but was unable to break the backs of the enemy. Reinforcements were on there way, but they had to make a foothold on the massive rise to prevent the guard force from becoming jammed up.

Mevroa stared at Commissar Knaelin and nodded, “Well you bastard, the time is now!” Both men shot up and charged with a small squad behind them trying to gain ground if even only inches. They took cover behind an enemy forward bunker and were immediately pinned by enemy suppression fire.

As Mevroa peered over the bunker and saw a small vox relay tower with a heavy bolter mounted to the top. A bolter round landed near his head sending pieces of shrapnel into his face. He fell down bleeding immensely, his left eye punctured by a fragment of metal. Wiping the blood away he opened his good eye just in time to see a medic arrive, along with Colonel Dorn himself.

The Colonel gazed at the battered and wounded sergeant and then to the medic who nodded confirming that the man would be ok. “What did you see Mevroa?” he asked.

The medic poked at Mevroa’s eye and stopped the bleeding. “Sir they have a heavy bolter held up in the vox relay tower, its giving us hell.”

”Alright, I saw it when I was coming in.” Dorn replied. “I want mortars and grenade on that tower until its gone.” He barked at his Vox Officer. “Then I want them to move up to at least this position and put them on the crest of this damned hill!” the vox officer nodded. “How’s he going to be?

The Medic finished his duty and looked to the colonel “He’ll need an ocular implant but he will live.”

“Nonsense doc.” Mevroa looked up with his good eye. “I’m fine to keep fighting.” He glared at Commissar Knaelin who had to turn away in order not to smirk. The first Mortar rounds landed and the reinforcements came into sight. Thelaxi Heavy Infantry, and Ogryns…

Dorn stood up and waved his sword. “C’mon! Let’s take those bastards!” Dorn watched as the men, led by Mevroa and Knaelin, charged another hundred yards before ducking back into cover. They looked back and saw the Ogryns coming, charging heedless of there lives.

Mevroa was both in awe and scared to death, these brutes had a reputation as stone killers. They paid little attention to uniform or sides when enraged. The Hexian Ogryn Auxilia however had behaved admirably, according to all reports. There was very few of the large Homo sapiens giganticus scattered about as the Hexian ranks only took up a company in size, and they were spread out on an equal footing to a regiment.

Taking in a deep breath through his nose, Mevroa smelled it. Prometium! He looked around and sudden realization hit him. “Oh shit….” He said as a flames from a flamer sprung forward, not at them but at a line drawn in the ground. The fuse was lit and Mevroa watched as it traveled down into a small ditch line and ignited a wall of fire burning man and beast! He was cut off from the main force by a vast wall of flame. “God-Emperor protect…” he mumbled as enemy units began to flood the field in front of him.

The trap was sprung and the enemy doubled there efforts. New orders came, hold! Mevroa looked behind him at the wall of flame and saw a large Ogryn burst through it ripper gun blazing. The beast jumped, as fire concentrated on him, and landed with a large crashing thump in the giant crater next to Mevroa nearly crushing him. “Sorwy Sarge’Ant.” The large creater replied.

Mevroa stared up at the mutated human and blinked once hard. “Whats your name trooper?”

“Me?” the creature looked around grunting questioningly. “I Turg.”

Mevroa looked over the side of the crater and fired several more rounds. “Turg eh? What kinda name is Turg?” the creature stared confused and made several grunts in a questioning tone. “What’s it mean? How did you get it?”

“Me Mum make it up. It mean ‘hurry up and take him out of me so I can never have another child.’ It does.” The large beast cocked his head sideways and blinked hard once. “Who you?”

“I’m Sergeant Mevroa.” The trooper popped up and shot several more red lances at the enemy. When he popped back down he turned to the large Ogryn. “I must say you seem smarter then I expected you to be.”

“Me Bone’ead Can nid Date!” Turg said spitting slightly.

“Candidate.” Mevroa corrected. Bone head was the Term used for Ogryns that acted like sergeants. B.O.N.E., Biochemical Ogryn Neural Enhancement, was a procedure which, when given to a smarter brute, would give him nearly human level intelligence. “Well Turg, if you wouldn’t mind, perhaps you could give us some covering fire?” The mutant nodded and grunted what sounded like ‘okay’, stood up and began to fire repeated rounds from his ripper gun, essentially a giant automatic shotgun that pulled double duty and also acted as a club. The weapon sent bursts firing everywhere and, combined with accurate las fire from the Valorian troopers, proved devastating to the enemy.

The enemy flung themselves, heedless of there lives, into the wall of metal created by the ripper gun. Soon they had overwhelmed the front most troopers who fled back towards the giant crater. Mevroa and Turg provided cover fire as the last few survivors retreated.

Out of the corner of Mevroa’s eye however he saw Commissar Knaelin raise his las pistol up and point it in the direction of the fleeing troopers. “You Cowards!” he yelled as he pulled the trigger. Mevroa watched the red lance fly missing one of there troopers by a hair and slam into the body of an enemy soldier pursuing him.

Mevroa wiped his brow and helped the man Knaelin had just saved into the cover. It was Corporal Kailen one of the units most experienced marksmen. Lying down he aimed down his long-las and began to pick off enemy soldiers.

Knaelin had discarded his las pistol in favor of a bolt pistol and fired wildly while screaming. “Hold the line! There is no retreat there is no surrender! There is only honor and death!” The enemy got closer and closer, the small imperial force trapped in front of the fiery storm could only pray.

Corporal Kailen and Sergeant Mevroa standing side by side with Turg leapt to there feet the instant the enemy appeared over the crest of the crater and charged with bayonets. Now more then ever did Mevroa appreciated the company of the uncharacteristically well mannered Ogryn Turg by his side. Knaelin used his chainsword to cut through the enemy in the close quarters madness.

A howling scream was heard from behind the red wall as a large tracked Chimera drove partly through the fire creating a hole in the wall. Two metal ramps were placed, one on the front and another on the back end and Colonel Dorn was the first to come running across chainsword in hand! The battle had turned and now locked in deadly close combat the guard had a renewed sense of moral. Bodies began to pile up in and around the crater as the battle raged on. The Valorians with help from the Thelaxi and the Ogryn were pushing the enemy back up to there command post, slowly but surely.

They had pushed them nearly half way up the hill when Mevroa and Kailen’s faces both turned pale. Commissar Knaelin looked to where they were looking only to see Armor staring down at them. “May the emperor protect us…” he said. He noticed a smirk on Dorns face. After taking considerable time to aim the large tank fired its main gun which splashed into the center of the enemy troops. This was followed by a flood of Imperial Guard infantry! “The Hakolian Mechanized Infantry!” Dorn yelled!

The forces of chaos were now beset on all sides by the might of the Imperial Guard. For the next few minutes the place was the apocalypse, las fire erupted into a beautifully deadly light show. With no where to go the chaos soldiers trapped on the hill doubled there efforts in charging the Valorian lines. Mevroa stabbed another chaos trooper with a knife causing a short gush of blood to squirt from the victims mouth. Turg swung his large ripper gun as a club smashing any enemy troopers who dared approach him.
Domani, forget domani

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:23 pm

The graying hair on Jerron's head was tainted a slight red in places where dired blood had splashed there. He pressed his lasrifle against his shoulder and aimed down the sghts at his target. He fired and the las blast struck the cultist dead on the forehead.

"Xera lets move it!" The sergeant had fallen, tripped on a rouge tree branch in the chaos of charging through the enemy fire towards the hill. Jerron grabbed him by the back of his uniform and hauled him up onto his feet. The sergeant although shaken immediately brought his lasrifle up and fired.

"Keep moving!" Jerron barked as he led his platoon to the wall of flame. He could see a lot of fighting down along the line near a massive crater. On this section of the line there wasn't as much fighting on the other side. Jerron looked around, there was no way past the fire.

He lead his men towards the giant crater, he saw men charging across now so he would assume they had found a way across. "Regroup the platoon on the breach, then we will reinforce the men already on the other side!" He yelled to Keizer. As expected when Jerron reached the 'bridge' his entire platoon was assembled. All five squads, most had lost around a third of their men but Jerron wasn't concerned. They could still accomplish the objective.

"Follow me!" He shouted to them as they ran into the fray before them.
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:53 pm

Sgt. Varnik stayed crouched behind the broken wall, "Kervin, do you have any word from Command?" Kervin sat down quickly and grabbed the vox from his back; as he pressed the vox to his ear he sat silent for a second. "Sergeant, we have orders to secure hill 305. At any cost," he said stressing the last part.

"Damn it," Varnik cursed inward before he pressed his finger to his ear activating his own squad based vox, "Thatcher, get your ass to our position." In a second, Varnik hear a double clicking noise signaling Thatcher was coming. "Men, we need to hold this spot until Thatcher gets here, then we are taking that damn hill," Varnik ordered. When the lasgun fire had died down a little, Varnik peeked over the wall and saw hill 305 about 50 yards away. On the base of the hill was a heavy bolter nest that kept them pinned down behind the wall. Luckily, inbetween was demolished tank that was still smoking from taking a heavy bolter round.

"Men," Varnik started as far off cultists peppered their position with lasgun fire, "that tank is our only cover from that position on the hill. We get to that tank, we'll be in the perfect position to take out that heavy bolter nest on the hill." "Roger that, sir," they all responded; then in that moment, Thatcher dove behind the wall and readied his rifle, "Thatcher, reporting in," he said with a small grin. "Good to see ya, Thatch," Lark said as he reloaded his gun. Varnik spun to face Thatcher, "Thatch, we need you cover us from this position, we're moving on that heavy bolter nest."

"Roger that, sir," he said as he readied his rifle and set it on the wall. "Take out that gunner and we'll make a run for the tank. They'll replace him but in that few seconds we'll be able to make our move," Varnik ordered. Thatcher nodded as he steadied his rifle and took in a deep breath, "Guide my shot, God-Emperor." A loud crack echoed in the area as the gunner slumped over the heavy bolter and the cultists around him scrambled to reposition the weapon. "Go! Go!" Varnik yelled as he grabbed Lark and threw him over the wall, following shortly after. Right after, Jaris and Kervin leapt over the wall and sprinted for the tank. Lark and Varnik made it long before the gunners could reman the gun. Jaris and Kervin weren't so lucky.

The newly manned gun opened fire as Jaris and Kervin ran, Jaris managed to dive behind the tank in time, but as Kervin jumped, the bolter round struck a nearby tree sending a large splinter straight through Kervin's leg. Kervin fell to the ground a mere feet from the tank but still in the sight of the gun. "Open fire! get that gunner's attention!" Varnik screamed over both the gunfire and Kervin's screams of pain. As one, Lark and Jarvis popped up and peppered the nest with fire, not accurate enough to get a kill but enough of a threat to make the gunner duck.

With the gunner distracted, Varnik ran to Kervin and grabbing his collar with his right hand, he began to drag him to the tank, firing wildly with his left. "Thatcher! Give us some damn covering fire!" he screamed into his vox. Three cracks later, two cultists were dead and another was hiding behind the wall of sandbags. "Jaris, stay with Kervin. Thatcher, move up to the tank. Lark, we're taking that damn hill!"

Firing more suppression fire, Lark and Varnik sprinted from behind the tank and began their assault on the nest. As they closed in, they made sure not to hit the bolter gun in case they wanted to turn it on the cultists. Using precise shots, they finally made it to the nest and had killed all the cultists manning it. Once they reached nest and peered over the other side they saw a group of cultists massing and getting ready for a counter attack, their final assault.

"Thatcher, Jaris, get Kervin up here, we're not done yet!" Varnik screamed. As Lark looked back towards the tank, he saw Kervin being carried by both Thatcher and Jaris. The blood coming from his leg was dripping as they dragged him making a trail from the tank to the nest. "Lark!" Varnik yelled, "Help me with this gun."

By the time Jaris, Kervin, and Thatcher had reached the nest, Lark and Varnik had spun it to face the approaching cultists. "Take up positions!" Varnik said as he turned to Kervin, "Can you shoot!"

"Sir, my leg-"

"I said can you shoot, dammit!" Varnik screamed.

"Yes, sir." Kervin spoke through the pain.

"Then, get on that gun and cover our asses!" Varnik ordered before he pressed his finger to his ear to activate his vox, "Command, this is Sgt. Varnik of Bravo Company, we have hill 305 and are in need of medical assistance, over."

With Kervin propped against the bolter and the rest of the squad taking up positions on the wall of sandbags Varnik turned back to the massing cultists and yelled, "Hold this position! At all costs!"

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:31 pm

Knealin linked up with Colonel Dorn at the crest of the hill followed by sergeant Mevroa and Corporal Kailen and their respective squad. “Colonel we seem to be mopping up the enemy.” He said as a lasgun blast flew past him.

“You think so commissar?”

None of the men would have spoke in that tone to him. None except Dorn who was looking into the distance. Knealin looked to see what the Colonel was looking at. “By the thrown.” He as his eyes traced what was over the ridge line. Hundreds of thousands of chaos troopers were pouring out of rough spikey ships. The enemy troops seemed to wave like blades of grass tightly packed together. “Vox Officer!” Knealin yelled, “Call in the earthshakers!”

“That won’t be happening.” Dorn said.

“Sir?” The Commissar said gulping a little.

“They have retreated.”

“Those cowards!” Knealin said pulling out his pistol as if he could shoot their commanding officer now. “Heads will roll for this.”

“Orders.”

“What?”

“From Lord Militant Cyban himself all forces are to retreat into space.” Dorn said looking down as his men began firing. Some were already down the hill and engaging in close combat and firing wildly into the mass of enemies.

“Then we need to gather the men and withdraw!” Knealin replied.

“There is no time!” Dorn snapped. He looked at the Chronometer on his wrist, “Its going to start any second, if nothing else the navy boys are punctual.”

Knealin opened his mouth to ask a question when suddenly a bright lance of light struck the ground piercing an enemy drop shit. There was utter quietness for a moment before the following explosion tore a hole into the earth a hundred meters in diameter. As the ships man gun reloaded a hail of smaller weapons fired down onto the battlefield littering the area with tiny red plumes.

Knealin smiled to himself but it was only brief. He realized that the explosion, the oribital bombardment was driving the enemy into his unit. “They intend to bomb us as well as them don’t they?”

“Yes they do.” Dorn said as another blast from the main gun took out a huge chunk of the enemy. “Although they assure me over the vox that they will only hit us with the light guns and stop at the base of the hill.”

“TAKE COVER MEN!” Knealin yelled. He jumped into a crater hole and covered himself under a fell tree. The vox officer next to him was frantically issuing the orders to all the units to find cover. Knealin pulled Kailen in as the sniper shot at an incoming enemy trooper “enough of that.” He said watching as the bombardment started on his position. He looked as Dorn stood tall like a statue as the explosions clapped around him…
Domani, forget domani

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:13 pm

It all happened instantly as Varnik and his squadron noticed the orbital bombardment begin not far from their position. The first round pounded into the ground about 100 yards from the hill sending a shockwave back that not only ripped the bolter from its position but also sent Thatcher tumbling back down the other side of the hill.

"Lark!" Varnik screamed trying to shake the ringing in his ears, "Get Thatcher." He then turned to Jaris who was on the ground obviously fighting the ringing in his ears. "Get up, soldier, WE ARE LEAVING!" Varnik yelled.

Suddenly, he grabbed Jaris by his collar and threw him over the wall of sandbags and sent him tumbling down the hill to where Thatcher was being helped to his feet by Lark. Varnik had little time to move, as soon as he hefted Kervin over his shoulder, the secondary guns pounded into the surrounding area. "MOVE IT!" he half yelled half grunted as he made his way back down the hill.

Up ahead he could see Lark, Jaris, and Thatcher sprinted back towards their own lines, more specifically their foxhole which was in large crater which would cover them from the bombardment. He could feel the burning in his legs as he ran, the weight of Kervin making the run even more difficult. Then, in an instant, there was a flash of red light and the tank that had served as protection for them in their assault on the hill exploded in a hail of plasma and shrapnel that fly directly at Varnik and Kervin. It only took a moment for there to be a searing pain in Varnik's back that sent him tumbling to the ground, Kervin sprawled out in front of him where he had landed. There was a moment of blackness as Varnik began to slip in and out of consciousness, but he finally reached around his body until his fingers found a piece of tank armor protruding from his lower back.

There was no pain, Varnik knew it meant he was going into shock and he needed a medic soon. However, with the bombardment raining down around him there was no way he was getting to a medic, he needed a miracle. He then rolled to his side and saw explosions rocking the ground all around him and cultists moving in on his prone body. He reached for his lasgun but his arms felt like they were moving underwater, everything was slowed. However, just as the cultists neared him the lead dropped with a lasgun wound in his head. Varnik would have smiled if he wasn't on the verge of unconciousness; then finally, darknes took him.

Kervin was kneeling next to Varnik, splinter torn out of his leg and blood staining his pant leg. He fired shot after shot at the approaching cultists until finally he saw an opening and grabbed Varnik's collar. He began the incredibly painful trudge back to the lines; the pain from the splinter wound made his leg feel like it was covered in searing metal. The limping made it even harder, especially since he was holding Varnik with his leg arm and firing from his right hip at approaching cultists.

He soon began to near the lines and saw Jaris sprinting towards him, lasgun firing. "Kervin! Get the Seargent back to the line!"

Kervin would have nodded but he was too busy ignoring his leg wound and hauling an unconcious man with half a tank lodged in his back. Soon enough they reached their foxhole and Kervin along with Varnik rolled into the hole before Jaris jumped in as well. In an instant Lark grabbed Varnik's microbead, "Command this is Bravo Company, many wounded need assistance!"

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:28 pm

The 21st Valorian was off planet, fifty percent casualties had been taken between the enemy soldiers and the bombardment by their own fleet. They were now in the belly of a cruiser on their way to the next mission. Colonel Dorn had managed a transfer from Militant Cyban’s command. All respect had been lost for that mans inept leadership.

Knealin walked across the deck. They had left the warp and were now over the planet Sverren in an area of space known as the Holy visage as the area apparently looked like the face of the Holy Beati Saint Sabbat. Knealin watched as the gunships were loaded with supplies by the Ogryns. He saw an outrageous sight. “Sergeant Mevroa Coperal Kailen!” he yelled as he walked over to the two harassing a large Ogryn. “What are you two doing?”

“Sir?” Kailen said.

“Nothing sir.” Mevroa said.

“Ogryn.” Knealin said. “What’s going on here?”

“Me Turg.” The Ogryn said, “I lift heavy things.” He said.

“Very well soldier.” Knealin said.

“Ok well… we’re going to be dropping in twenty minutes. We’re taking the Island of Selene. Jungle island filled with now with warped things. There used to be a Temple there to the Beati, out duty is to liberate it.” Knealin sighed “You would have known this if you were at the briefing.”

“Are we on report sir?” Kailen asked as more troopers from their unit began walking into the hanger bay and loading into the Valkyrie dropships.

“Before a major push?” Knealin asked. “Do you really think I am such an Idiot?” He walked away not waiting for an answer.

Kailen smirked at Mevroa and rotated his shoulder. “Lets go then shall we?” Kailen picked up his longlas and handed Mevroa his own lasgun. Turg waved slowly after them. They turned waved and split up each heading to their own dropship.
Domani, forget domani

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:22 pm

"Two pair boys," Jaris said as he slapped down his cards and reached for the credits in the middle of the circle. But, suddenly a hand reached out and grabbed his arm, "Not so fast there buddy."

As Jaris looked up he saw Lark smiling at him, "Full house, read 'em and weep."

"Dammit, Lark, that's the third time," Jaris cursed as he threw up his arms.

Lark couldn't hold back the grin as he scooped in the credits and added them to his growing pile. Soon after he did they heard the familiar footsteps of Kervin as he walked towards the three man circle with a noticable limp. His leg was wrapped in gause that gave his leg a puffy appearance. "How's sarge?" Lark asked as he dealt out a new hand.

"He's in and out of consciousness," Kervin said as he got closer to the group, "the shrapnel came out easy enough, but the wound is taking some time to heal."

"So what about the new mission?" Jaris asked, "Any word from Command?"

Kervin nodded, "With sergeant in the med bay, Lark is in charge." Lark gave Kervin a sideways look, "Are you kidding me?"

"Nope, orders just came in today," Kervin said as he finally joined the circle.

Thatcher, the sniper, put out his smoke as he spoke, "So now we're a four man squad?" It was then that another figure walked towards them, "Private 1st Class Bernerd, reporting for duty."

"Easy, solider," Lark said standing up. He looked over the man briefly, Bernerds stood at around 6 feet tall and had a stocky build.

"Jaris, Thatch, get Bernerds and his gear stowed away," Lark said as he began to load up the loose supplies onto their own dropship.

So, until Varnik was out of the med bay, he was in charge. "I got a bad feeling about this."

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:53 am

Jerron had spent his free time going over statistics and reorganizing his squads for maximum combat effectiveness. They got a few replacements, not enough, but Jerron used them as best he could.

Now that they were once again in another gunship headed to another planet he was hoping to get more important objectives from command. He was not loved by his men, but they respected him. He was detatched, he barely knew most of their names, so everyone took the risks as everyone else. If someone proved they were capable that just meant Jerron would use them more often.
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:13 am

The Transport rocked as it broke through the atmosphere. Sergeant Mevroa and Corporal Kailen held the hand racks and gave eachother big smirks as their fearless commissar vomited on the deck. “I bet the navy boys will enjoy cleaning that up.” Kailen said. Mevroa nodded and laughed a little. “Why the hell is he with us anyways?” Kailen asked. Mevroa shrugged. “You’re a histling fountain of information.” Kailen snapped.

Knealin looked out the window as he vomited again. ”Its these damned inoculation pills they gave us!” he said.

“What pills?” Kailen asked.

Knealin smiled, “That’s right… you weren’t at the briefing…” he chuckled sadistically, “Pills to fight against the chaos infection on the planet. Guess you two didn’t get yours.”

“Bastard!” Mevroa replied as the sound of Anti-Aircraft fire began.

“Get ready boys!” Knealin yelled. “We are going to be landing along a beach head and storming up onto the island!”

Out the window they could see dots of the first ships that landed along the beach. They deposited their troopers and then took off as quickly as possible as to not get shot by enemy fire. The Artillery and stubber fire was intense on the troopers. “This was a great plan!” Kailen said sarcastically.

“Would you just…” Knealins words were cut off as he saw a peculiar smoke trail in the air. “HOLD ON TO SOMETHING!” He yelled as the missile struck the side of the Valkyrie. The left door of the transport was blown off and two troopers were sucked out of the transport. The Valkyrie spun wildly still high above the ground. Knealin watched the pilot tug and pull at the stick trying to regain control. Suddenly the Commissar stopped caring about what the pilot was doing and instead concentrated on where the ship was going. It was wildly out of control and landing behind enemy lines. One, two, three, no four kilometers behind the sea wall, maybe more before it finally began to clip trees and landed with a sucking thud in a large mucky pool of swampy filth.

On the beach

Durn swallowed hard as his troopers advanced up the beachhead. He watched with horror as entire squads were wiped out by heavy bolters and snubbers from the concealed emplacements. No more then two hundred meters from the shoreline was a dense jungle which provided soft cover to the chaos irregulars.

Many of the troopers were slugging through the water or drowning in their own gear. Durn’s Valkyrie had crashed into water and he himself nearly drowned because of his power fist which may someday wash up on the shore.

OOC: Imagine the movie wind talkers or Flags of our Father when writing your posts. A lot of wholes with palm leaves over them and machine guns inside and other hidden bunkers.
Domani, forget domani

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:11 pm

"First squad hit that bunker it's cutting our men down!" Jerron yelled into his vox as he fired several shots from his lasrifle over the top of the crater he was ducking into for cover with his command squad. A voice crackled over the vox in return.

"Sir the sarge is down, I'm assuming command. We're at sixty percent here sir I don't think we can do it." Jerron hated it when people gave him excuses.

"Get your sorry ass over there and take out that bunker or I will have an artillery barrage fired on your god damn position so I can make sure its going to get taken out!" There was a pause, Corporal Keizer's face was as pale as a ghost. The man had served with the lieutenant long enough to know he wasn't bluffing...he had done it before.

"Understood sir, we'll get it done double time." That's what he wanted, people willing to do what he said when he said it.

"Third squad have you spotted the bunker due north east to your position, it's between two large rockfaces and is built with fallen trees and heavy brush."

"Yes sir I see it."

"I want you to draw its fire away from my squad, while you keep it occupied and first squad moves on the other bunker on the north west of our position my squad will flank that bunker. Do you understand Sergeant?"

"Yes sir, we'll get their attention all right." Jerron handed the vox back to Keizer.

"Alright follow my lead and keep your head down. They aren't aiming at anyone in particular and if you make yourself a small target they won't bother with you." Jerron climbed back up to the rise of the crater and looked at the north east bunker. An anti-armor rocket streaked from third squad's position and impacted on the rockface next to the firing port for the bunker. There was a pause in fire as the gunner shook off the shockwave from the blast. Then it turned and fired madly upon third squad's position.

"GO!" Jerron yelled as he ran forward. He zigzagged in full sprint keeping at a half crouch the entire way. Palm trees exploded and splintered near him and sand kicked up around him where bolter rounds struck. His squad was behind him, Jerron made it to the westernmost rockface and looked up close at the gunner blazing away at what he thought was the real threat. Jerron primed a frag grenade and counted two seconds off of its fuse before tossing it into the firing port.

The firing stopped and he heard a panicked scream, he didn't look to see what happened next. He moved around the rockface to the back of the bunker, the explosion went off and just as he came into view of the entrance to the back of the bunker two cultists, injured and burned, ran out screaming. Two accurate shots tore through them as Jerron walked into the bunker and finished off the mortally wounded gunner. He kneeled and beckoned Keizer to come to him, the rest of his squad set up a small perimeter.

"First squad status!" Jerron barked as the vox came into his hand.

"We got it sir, we lost another man but its done."

"Stay put and keep that bunker secure." He didn't want to eradicate his squads, just use them to their fullest extent. First squad was spent more or less and there was no point in killing the survivors. They did their job for today.

"Yes sir." The squad leader said, releif was thick in his voice.

"Second squad take up first squad's position on the left flank, thrid squad lead up the middle, Fourth squad take the right flank, and fifth squad will move up slowly in reserve. My squad will link up with third squad, as we move past the sea wall into the jungle. Everyone keep your eyes up and alert, the chaos followers are most likely cleverly entrentched in hidden bunkers within the jungle. Just advance until we reach rally point foxtrot on your maps." 'If I was the cultist commander I would most certianly use the jungle to full extent, their advantage is undeniable.' "Be ready for hell..."
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu » Mon May 26, 2008 1:28 pm

By the time Bravo Company hit the ground, Kervin's leg had finally stopped hurting enough that his limp became a subtle wobble. As soon as their boots hit the dirt, Lark took the lead, "Jaris, Bernerd, give Thatcher some covering fire! Kervin, you're with me!"

Each man acknowledged their orders and took off for their assignments, Lark inwardly cursed at Bernerd's pristine uniform, his inexperience would probably be the death of him or wrose, someone else. Lark and Kervin both ran towards a half submerged Valkyire and dove behind it just as bolter rounds peppered the grond where they once stood. "Kervin, Once Thatcher is in position, we're engaging that pillbox," Lark ordered. Kervin nodded as he looked aroung the wreckage and saw what looked like a pile of palm leaves with a bolter gun sticking out of it.

Pressing his finger to his ear, Lark relayed his orders, "Thatcher, fire when ready. Jaris, Bernerd, anything happens to him you better pray to the God-Emperor it kills you too."

Over the vox, Lark could hear Jaris' muffled laugh probably at Bernerd's reaction, "Bravo 1, this is Thatcher, taking the shot."

Among the din of battle, it was hard to hear the crack of Thatcher's rifle, but once Lark saw the gun stop firing he knew Thatcher hit his mark, "Kervin, let's move!"

Sprinting from behind the wreckage, Lark and Kervin ran to a large sand dune that would provide limited cover until they could make a last ditch run for the pillbox. "Thatch, we're in position. One more shot should do it."

"Negative, Bravo 1," Thatcher responded, "We're not clear to engage, we've got cultists moving along to flank."

"Histling cultists," Lark cursed before turning to Kervin. "Prime your grenades, we'll only get one shot at this." Kervin nodded as he pulled out his only grenade, "Just get it close enough to get him to put his head down."

Kervin pulled the pin and let the grenade fly, it bounced along the sand until it stopped a few feet from the pillbox. "NOW!" Lark yelled.

Having timed it perfectly, As soon as they emerged from behind the dune, the grenade exploded, kicking up enough sand to give them cover. Sprinting towards the gun, Lark fired round after round at where the pillbow was hoping to score a few shots before the smoke cleared. When the smoke did clear he was surprised to see the grenade had actually killed the gunner with a piece of schrapnel and the other in the pillbox had three round in his chest.

After they both dove into the box and Kervin relayed orders to the others to regroup on their position, Lark actually had a reason to smile. "Bout, time something went our way."

He then grabbed the vox from Kervin as he saw Jaris, Bernerd, and Thatcher runnin towards the box, "Command, this is Bravo Company, pillbox secured in grid 113."
McCaffery: There are creatures in the deep you couldn't imagine in your worst nightmares.
Arthur 'AC' Curry: Oh thats reassuring. Thanks a lot.

"When someone stands in the way of justice, you simply walk up behind them and stab them in the heart" Ras Al-Gul - Batman Begins