Survival Horror: The Restless Dead Awaken...

Unrelated stories that take place in a setting besides Star Wars...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Merlin
Primal Magus

Post by Merlin » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:49 am

Ike's Truck:Oscar's Oilco Station and Bait Shop, State Highway 37

Archie nodded his assent, but was too busy measuring the wick of the hill-buster he had grasped in his hand for a relatively long burn. He wanted to make sure he was well away from the filling station before he dynamite kicked off. Even if the tanks underground were a tenth-full, the resulting explosion was likely to cause as shockwave powerful enough to toss the truck aside like a Tonka toy.

As Jim sped past the pumps, Archie used his all-weather lighter to set off the fuse, and tossed it over, neatly landing it between the two ancient pumps. The truck was about fifty yards away when the initial explosion lit up the night behind them, which was followed up by a gargantuan blossom of orange flames and the sound of thunger. Out of the flames flew burning peices of debris, and what may have been human bodies. With any luck, there was enough force and fire to destroy all of the bastards that had infested the area.

Satisfied that the station and it's gruesome attendants were history, Archie followed Jim's advice and doused his jungle boot with the almost-clear fluid from the can. As a standard antiseptic measure, he also applied a small splash to the cut on his shoulder.

He stuck his head into the cabin, and said "I think we're safe enough to stop and put this can of gas in and get our bearings. If memory serves me right, we'll be pulling off 37 about ten miles east of here, and then the lake is only another fifteen miles."

Randall's Rent-a-Car, State Highway 37

"I don't know. I didn't think I'd be coming this way after..." He glanced over at her for a moment, and continued, "After." He glanced up at the On-Star unit attacked to the dash, and was hesitant to use it. He was so close to the hospital, and On-Star is so easily tracked. However, he was reasonably certain that there were many other things going on this night, in other places. Could he assume the zombie infestation was confined to the hospital? No, because in retrospect he realized that had he been paying attention, there had been clues of the start of the whole thing, even before his plane sat down at the airport, more than a five hour drive east. He had to assume that what was happening was wide-spread, at least wide enough to draw national attention.

He jabbed the OnStar button, and immediately received a soft, feminine voice informing him that the service was currently down for technical issues. He cursed and slammed the steering wheel with his palm in frustration. "I'm Randall. And don't think that us knowing each other's names makes us friends. I don't know you.. I don't like you... I think you're a crazy bitch. But I couldn't even let a target be taken by those... things. So, you keep yourself in line... and we wont have problems. You do anything funny..." He was getting tired of threatening her, and so he just left the threat unsaid. "You can take the fear of rape out of your mind, chicky. I was with a super model last night! The world I move around in... I can have any woman I want. My standards don't include mentally damaged, so you can stop worrying about it."

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:03 am

Inside Ammunation

Kevin shrugged, "It's ok, Roger never was a good shot, besides with that plow we don't really need any guns yet."

Once all the supplies were handed up to Jack, Kevin boosted up Regina through the skylight. "Mike will be up in a sec, we need to load up the truck first."

Luckily for them, the truck relativly unsurrounded as the zombies had mostly stayed in front of the door to the shop. In one motion, Mike hefted Roger over one shoulder and Kim over the other, "Kev," he grunted, "take the shotgun and clear a path."

Mike had been a defensive lineman for his high school's football team so he was used to the weight. Then, after counting to three, Kevin kicked open the door and blasted a hole in the crowd that Mike was able to barge through quickly before the zombies could recover their balance. Mike ran to the car as fast as he could and after setting Roger down for a second opened the back door and threw Kim in before tossing Roger in behind her.

"Kev! They're in! Get this peice of shit movin!" Mike yelled as he ran back towards the shop. At the same time, Kevin was sprinting towards the car and they passed each other in the street with a grin. When Mike approached the shop, he drew his dual berettas and opened fire on the crowd.

BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!

The gunshots echoed through the nearly empty street as Mike took down three zombies before shouldering his way through another. Then, in midrun, he tucked the guns back into his belt and jumped up towards the skylight. He grabbed the open area and hefted himself up just as a crowd of zombies tried to reach for his legs.

"Damn, that was close."

SLAP!

Mike reeled back as he felt Regina slap him across the face, as he was about to snap at her he saw her eyes were teary, "Don't ever do that to me again!"

Mike then grabbed Regina and gave her a quick hug, "It's ok, we're all going to be ok, but right now we have to move."

In one motion, Mike and Regina jumped from the roof to the RV Jack had and climbed into the open skiylight.

Meanwhile, Kevin had started the car and spun around and mowed over anything that was moving in the street trying to set a path for Jack to follow.

Mike turned to Jack, "Let's do this."

Nytram

Post by Nytram » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:21 am

Ike's Truck: State Highway 37

Jim was still smirking from the explosion. Part of him knew the gesture was utterly pointless, the number of undead would be reduced by such a minimal amount... Still, he'd always wanted to blow things up and now they could blow whatever they wanted to kingdom come - without fear of reprisals, it was an incredibly liberating feeling.

He grinned at Arch, "There's a good clear area up ahead, no zombies in sight - taking her in!"

With that he pulled into the dirt layby a the side of the road and killed the engine for Arch to add some fuel.

Karen shuddered at the man's hostility... Part of her wanted to be back in her cosy padded cell, locked in and the world locked out. She wanted freedom, and safety. The desolate blackness and the occasional zombie wandering at the side of the road made her feel that asking to be let out of the car here and now, would be a request that might just get granted, but that she wouldn't want granted.

She smirked at Randall, "I'm not going to try anything mister, I can't really when you've gaffer taped me up like this... If you hear me shouting or cursing - try to ignore me and I'll try not to... It's just the voice that's been bugging me since my medication ran out is extremely persistent, he's shut up for now though - he's sitting in the back seat shaking his head sarcastically at you... As a matter of fact he kept telling me you were going to rape me then kill me, or kill me then rape me... I don't believe him though... As for your super models... Hah! I wonder if any of them are alive and not zombies? I wonder if anyone except us are alive and not zombies!? I haven't seen even a flicker of a light in the hills since we left the hospital..."

Jack's RV: The back parking lot of Ammunation.

Zombies were pulling at the door and bashing on the side panels, clearly well aware that there were people inside. Jack didn't waste any time, he twisted the key and the engine roared into life.

Zombies bounced off the front of the RV or were pulled under left right and centre, luckily the huge wheels simply bounced over or crushed them. Soon they were turning out onto the main drag, trying to pull in behind the car.

As they cruised after the plough-car Jack started to relax again, his new companions had clambered into the front. He was looking surprisingly cheerful for their situation, he turned to Mike, "Well, things are lookin' up eh lad? We got two vehicles, weapons, fuel and company... And music! Although the previous owner only left me one CD... Still, if any of you want to try and catch a nap in the back go ahead, if not shall we put some tunes on?"

Nytram

Post by Nytram » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:41 pm

Grayson Tower: Apartment block: Sarah's Room.

Henry was shaking with rage, he seemed to be calming down a little, but he still worryingly on edge. Todd, Sarah and Alice, with Henry holding both guns and seeming on the very edge of sanity had decided to sit quietly and wait for him to come to his senses. He paced back and fourth, glancing out of the window, then glancing at his prisoners. He'd gotten into the habit of whenever he was talking to someone pointing his pistol at them.

He pointed it at Alice, "There anyone else up there on your floor?"

" *Sigh* There's no need to point your gun at me, to be honest I don't know - there might be, there might not."

Henry scowled at her, his brow furrowed in deep thought. He kept the pistol trained on the group and walked back to where his pack lay. Reaching inside he rummaged with one hand and eventually pulled out a set of handcuffs. Having decided the one he trusted most was Sarah he threw them to her.

"Alright here's whats going to happen, Sarah - you handcuff Todd to Alice feed it through that radiator pipe though, so they can't go nowhere. Then you and I are going to go have a look see if anyone else is about."

Sarah looked questioningly at Todd and Alice, Alice was fuming she spat at Henry, "What a great frickin' leader you turned out to be, incapacitate us, then leave us to get killed... What if you get jumped and don't make it back? I don't to spend the last hours my life holding hands with numpty waiting for zombies to break in and eat me!"

Henry glared at her, "Well, I don't trust you! Sarah - do it, or I'll incapacitate her by blowing her knees off!" The gun was shaking now, he was deadly serious. Sarah carefully put the handcuffs on one of Todd's wrists and one of Alice through the radiator pipe. She kept them loose, hoping they could slip out.

Henry watched her, then stepped closer and reached with one hand snapping them tighter, "Not tight enough missy... Right, now you two sit quiet while we go check."

Merlin
Primal Magus

Post by Merlin » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:15 am

Ike's Truck, State Highway 37

Archie jumped out and jammed the nozzle of the gas can into the tank, ripping it up. He kept a watchful gaze on the road and the woods around them, but this did indeed seem to be a safe place. In fact, it seemed that this was the first moment he had actually been able to breath easy since those things had busted into his home. He had not said it.. and had not been able to think about it, but the irony was that he had lived only because he had his shotgun in hand when they had busted in. And he had only had his shotgun out because he had been pushing the barrel into his mouth.

These thoughts were followed up by a shaking in his hands, as the fifth of Jack Daniels he had put away earlier started to wear off. There was some at the cabin, and there he could stop the shakes. As the can emptied itself with a series of glugs and sloshes, Archie turned to Jim and said, "Look man.. I havn't had the chance to say it yet, but thanks." He took a deep breath, also wishing he had been able to grab his smokes from the table, but rotting, walking zombies really took precedence. "I reckon we've got about three hours to dawn. The army'll probably be doing some kind of helicopter recon as soon as their's light. Maybe we could find a boat at the lake tomorrow, get out in the water till this clears up."

Almost in response to Karen's statement about light, the highway ahead suddenly bloomed in bright light as something about a quarter mile awau exploded. Randall judged from the color and consistancy of the flames that a large quantity of combustible accelerant, probably gasoline, had just been lit off. He ignored Karen's jibe about his models (good for only one thing, anyway), and said "Looks like we're not alone out here.. unless the beasts have learned how to set off explosions."
Oh please... the only things they did better than us was suck and die!

Nytram

Post by Nytram » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:06 am

Jim, shrugged, he wasn't entirely sure what he'd done for Arch that warranted thanks, they'd just adlibed and daring escape together. If anything he felt he should have thanked Arch, if he'd been left on his own he'd have probablyy been sitting in his mom's van drinking when they bust the door down. He wondered secretly where his mom was. She'd gone to work at the factory that morning and never made it back. He wasn't too hopeful but he kept trying to convince himself the factory was evacuated and she was in some government safe area or something...

He watched the dead road trundle by ahead, there didn't seem to be many zombies up here. They had fuel, a weapon and weren't in immediate danger. He felt he could breath a temporary sigh of relief.

One hand on the wheel he reached into his top pocket and pulled out a crumpled packet of cigarettes, they were a cheap nasty foreign brand he bought off one of Ike's friends. He popped one in his mouth and offered the pack to Arch, "Smoke? Hehe... We're gonna have to stop off and get some of these - I don't know how long I can hold out without em'!"

Karen shuddered, "I doubt it was zombies... You should probably see if it is other people."

The voices had quietened down for now. For the most part she sat silently, submissively without trying to struggle out of her bonds. He seemed to be a little calmer now and she figured playing it cool would be the quickest way to get him to trust her enough to release him...

'Yes... Then when his back's turned you can...'

She started singing in her head, screaming at the top of her mental voice, while trying to keep a normal straight face, ' La, la, LAH DE DAH, LAH DE DAR De DAR ! LAR LAR LAR DE DAR! I CAN'T HEAR YOU !' LAR DE DAR DE DAR!

It was mentally draining, part of her was desperate to sleep, but she uncomfortable, didn't trust her captor and wanted to be able flee if the chance arose and it seemed like a good thing to do... The desolate road they were travelling on did not seem a good place for a freedom bid, it was lonely and dark and she preferred being prisoner to psycho than eaten alive by zombies...

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:09 am

Jack's RV

Mike sat in the passenger seat next to Jack as they followed Kevin in the "plow-car." They had been driving uneventfully for a few minutes now and Mike had finally convinced Regina to get some rest in the back.

"So you're a seaboat captain?" Mike asked Jack trying to do anything to break the silence, "how come you didn't just stay out at sea?"

Kevin's Explorer

Kevin kept his eyes on the road at all times as he drove into the darkness, the headlights not doing much to light the road in fron of him and the light of Jack's RV were bouncing off the rearview mirror into his eyes causing him to squint.

Meanwhile in the back, Kim was still mumbling to herself as Roger began to regain consciousness. "What the-" he mumbled groggily.

"Well look who's back." Kevin said not taking his eyes off the road, "Look, we're headed somehwere safe now. Can I trust you to take the tape off?"

Roger shook his head, "Yea, yea, as long as I can untie Kim."

Kevin stayed silent for a moment, "Ok, but keep her under control."

Kevin then pulled a knife from his left boot and cut the bonds on Roger's hands before giving Roger the knife to finish the job.

It wasn't long until he felt the cool steel against his neck, "You mother-"

"Now, now, Kev, that's no way to act." Roger then jumped into the front seat and drew his own gun and pointed it at Kevin, "Now just keep acting normal and no one will get hurt, except maybe for that asshole Jack, Mike the prick and your slut of a sister."

The anger seethed in Kevin's body, but for right now, there was nothing he could do. He just needed to think up a plan.

Nytram

Post by Nytram » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:02 pm

Jack's RV

Jack squinted, he'd been about to answer, but he'd noticed some erratic movement, in the silhouettes of the car in front. His brow furrowed as he thought about what might have happened. He chanced a glance at Mike, "... Sorry... Yeah lad, I have a small fishing boat - the Orca, like in the film Jaws? It's actually a very siilar boat to quints... I er... Did you see that?"

The puzzled look on Mikes face suggested he didn't, Jac nodded towards the vehicle in front, "There just seemed like a bit of jostling around for a second - I couldn't tell what was going on... Yeah, erm, why didn't I stay at sea? I dunno, I guess I'm a sucker for adventure. I usually hunt sharks, dangerous work... I fought Nam too, just a private though, I was only a kid at the time... I couldn't just leave without coming to have a look for myself."

He knew it sounded ridiculous, but it was true, he thrived on taking risks and endangering himself. He almost felt like he was testing himself, testing his ability to survive against the odds. He shrugged sheepishly at Mike.

Grayson Tower: Apartment block

Henry prodded Sarah every now and then and guided her up the stairs. They eventually arrived on the next landing up. Henry nodded towards the first door on her left, "Give it a knock."

She obediently rapped on the door for a few seconds. It was Seth's place, fairly anti-social young IT worker who seemed to spend most of his spare time either smoking pot, playing video games or both. When he opened the door he was wearing his under pants and a T-shirt. He looked at Sarah, opened his mouth to say hello then...

"Jesus Henry, where the frickin' hell you get that cannon?"

Henry smiled softly, "I bought it at a flea market, you coming down to the other apartment to hold out with us?"

Seth saw a look in Sarah's eyes, a look of definate uncomfortableness, he squinted at Henry, " Shit no... You suckers can huddle together if you want, I got beer, I got potato chips and my Xbox ist still working - guess I'll see you when the army arrives."

Henry laughed, "When? How about IF the army arrives, you're coming downstairs boy - where we can keep an eye on you."

Seth spat at him, "Oh yeah? Who made YOU commander in chief of the whole universe? Stupid arrogant punk, you think that pistol makes you somebody? You use to be a punk, now your a punk with a gun - big deal!"

Henry was shaking again, Sarah looked pleadingly at Seth, Henry pointed the gun at Seth, who sighed deeply," Shit... Let me just get my things..."

"Good boy..."

*** SLAM! ***

As he'd turned Seth had kicked the door shut automatically locking it. Henry pointed his pistol at the door and fired, it took a few shots to destroy the lock, eventually the door swung open. Seth was standing facing the door with a browning automatic pistol, "Thought a stupid punk like you might try that... Drop the pistol tough guy!"

Henry hadn't had time to raise his pistol, "Hey, easy - I'm just trying to look out for everyone!"

"By pointing guns and shooting the locks off their doors?"

"I gotta think about the whole group man..."

With that he yanked Sarah in front of him and cowered behind her, at the same time raising his pistol. He held it against Sarah's head, "Struggle and I blow your brains out bitch." He pointed his pistol back at Seth, "Now YOU drop the pistol!"

Seth was looking at Sarah, who looked terrified, he was trembling slightly his gun shaking in his hand, he couldn't risk a shot...

Henry looked at him, and frowned... The squinted then frowned again... In a flash he'd thrown Sarah aside, stepped forwards grabbed the pistol out of Seth's hand and smashed it into pieces on the wall, "What the hell is this punk? A freakin' BB gun! You're gonna be sorry you crossed me bitch."

Henry stepped forwards and swang the butt of his pistol at Seth's temple, who was sent tumbling to the floor.

When he came too he was sitting next to Alice and Todd with his arms taped together. Todd sweating profusely grinned at him, "He got you too eh Seth? At least you've still got two legs!" Alice yelled at Henry, standing across the room, "Way to go John Rambo! You're a real freakin' hero! When do you start shooting your hostages?"

Henry scowled at her, "You shut up bitch, or I'm gonna tape your mouth shut so tight you can't breath!"

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:36 pm

Jack's RV

Mike shrugged as he pulled out a box of cigarettes, he put one in his mouth and lit it, taking in a deep inhale. "Ya know, a normal person would think you're crazy for coming back here."

He then put the smokes on the dashboard and slid them to Jack if he wanted one. "As for me, you're the closest thing to a miracle we've got so I thank you for coming back," Mike joked before he heard the door to the back bedroom open.

Regina came out, her hair slightly messy from sleep, "So anyone know where we are?"

Mike looked to Jack before he shrugged slightly, "I'm not sure, I'll call Kev and see what he has planned."

Mike rummaged through his pockets before he pulled out his cellphone, "Awesome, there's still service."

He quickly dialed a few numbers and placed the phone to his ear.

"Yea?"

"Kev, any idea where we are right now? I mean we can't exactly just keep driving forever."

"I'm not sure really."

"Oh, by the way, Jack said he saw something goin on in your car, everything ok?"

"Yea, it's fine. I cut Roger loose so he's up in the front seat helping me out. He's calmed down now."

"You cut him loose?"

Kevin's Explorer

"Yea, Mike I cut him loose."

Roger grin sadistically as he watched the conversation, "Yea, just act natural."

Kevin smirked a little, "I mean it's not like he's got a gun to my head or anything, that'd be crazy."

Roger's eyes opened wide, "Shut up, you bastard!" he said cocking the pistol.

"What was that noise? What's going on?"

"Nothing is going on, just finishing my plan."

"What plan? Kev, what are you talking about?"

"Don't ask questions, just take care of Regina for me." Kevin then snapped his cell phone shut. "What the fuck are you doing?!" Roger screamed.

"Sorry there, buddy," he said through gritted teeth, "this part gets a little bumpy.

Kevin suddenly swerved the car off the road into a brick wall of a nearby building. The car crumpled on impact and the horn began to blast loudly through the nearly empty street.

Jack's RV

Jack had to slam on the brakes to not follow Kevin's car into the wall, "What the fuck!" Mike yelled. "Jack, watch Regina!"

Without thinking, Mike grabbed his dual berettas and charged out the door into the street. Luckily there were few zombies this close to the city limits, but the blaring horn was now acting as a beacon to lure them closer.

Mike ran towards the car, "Kev! Kevin, are you ok?!"

As soon as he got close he saw the answer, Kevin's face was resting on the steering wheel horn, his eyes glazed over. There was a long piece of metal jutting out from the dashboard that went straight through his chest. Kim, who was sitting in the back had no seatbelt and was now lying on the hood, drenched in blood.

Mike would have been overwhelmed with sadness if he hadn't seen who was in the passenger seat, Roger groggily wiggled himself out of the wreckage and onto the street. Mike was on him in a second, gun pointed directly at his temple.

"What the fuck happened?"

Roger only started laughing, "You think you all know some much, well too bad your 'leader' couldn't do anything to stop me."

Mike pressed the gun into Roger's temple further, "Why? We were friends you piece of shit!"

"That ended when you tied me up and were going to leave me for dead someone where outside of town."

"What are you talking about?" Mike demanded.

"Kim told me everything you said while I was out."

"Kim?? Kim was delerious, you dumbass!"

"So go ahead, tough guy, kill me. Shoot me in the head and be the hero for you're new friends."

Mike began to notice zombies comeing towards him, "I won't kill you."

BLAM!

Mike fired into Roger's leg, "But, I don't have to save you."

Mike then ran towards the RV, firing at the oncoming zombies. Roger's cries for mercy were drowned out by the moans of the zombies surrounding him and from Mike's pistols.

"Mike!" Regina screamed from the RV, "Get back in here! There's more coming." She then turned to Jack, "Start driving, he can jump in through the door."

Mike watched as the RV rolled towards him and away from the horder coming at him. Seeing the open door, he leapt in and slammed the door behind him.

Once he was in he dropped the guns and collapsed to the floor, Regina immediatly ran to him. "What happened," she said trying to hold back the tears.

"Kevin's dead, Roger tried to get him to turn against us but he wouldn't do it. Kevin sacrificed himself to save us from Roger."

Regina could hold back the tears no longer and buried her face in Mike's chest. As Mike began to stroke her hair he looked to Jack, "Just get us out of here. Go anywhere."

Merlin
Primal Magus

Post by Merlin » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:20 pm

Archie took the badly crimped cigarette and lit it, drawing deeply on the rancid tobacco. Still, it was the sweetest smoke he had had in a long time. He leaned back and relaxed a little, pointing out that the turn-off for the unmapped mountain trails would be coming up soon. "I've got a carton of Camels stashed in the cellar of the cabin. Along with some good 'shine and some MRE's. We should be able to supply up there easily enough."

The rest of the trip was taken in silence, both men thinking their own thoughts, reflecting on the nightmare that the night had been. Archie thought he'd be willing to give his very soul to cause this night to be something other than a bad horror movie.

Within thirty minutes, they were pulling up outside a small log cabin, the windows covered over with dust and cobwebs. It had been awhile since Archie had been out here, and now he had wished he had spent more time here. Inside, the cabin smelled of a place that had not been home to a person for ages, smelling more of dust and stale air than any biological scent. Archie thought he had heard some rustling out in the dark of the woods, but nothing that approximated human footsteps. The dead-bolt and bar would keep the door locked securely, and the windows were thick, storm-rated glass.

Inside, Archie dug out a couple of MRE's from a crate, and got a small kerosene cooking lamp to boil some water. He rarely took the time to actually hydrate the wafers of dried out demi-food, prefering to simply make a very nutritious snack out of all the dry stuff. However, this night, he knew the solace of a warm meal would be necessary for morale, even if the warm meal was an MRE. "After we eat, we should get some sleep." Archie stopped talking as he heard the sound of a car engine approaching.

The burning, ruined wreckage of the service station was an impressive sight, sending billows of black smoke into the air. When the sun rose, this would be a beacon... and maybe for the zombies as well as any search and rescue operation. He drove slowly past, and then thought he noted some brake lights far in the distance. He knew the light from this fire would mask his own headlights, so he doused them and simply trusted in his sense of direction to keep him driving straight. After a short time, he saw the lights turn off to the right, onto an old mountain road that did not even have a name. He followed.

Now, he slowed the car down and waited for the tail lights to vanish totally from sight before turning on his own running lights, but not the headlights. The dim yellow light was just enough to keep himself on the road, so long as he drove slowly. He looked over at Karen, and saw that she obviously didn't know what he was doing. He chose not to illuminate her.

Shortly, he saw a glint of chrom ahead, and quickly realized it was the bumper of an old pick up truck, parked outside a cabin. There was a dim light burning within. He decided to go ahead and make himself known, and pulled up beside the truck, killing the car. He stepped out of the car boldly, positioning himself to be able to take cover behind the door, aiming at the door with his pistol. "Hello?" He called out to whomever was inside...

Nytram

Post by Nytram » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:01 am

Jack's RV

Jack was stunned at what happened, he was too shocked to speak. Immedietly he started thinking this was partly his fault and if he'd been more sensitive it could have been avoided. He looked in the wing mirrors of the RV, he could see the zombies swarmed around Roger, Roger writhing and screaming. Jack shook his head and rested his hand on Mike's shoulder, "Oh jeez, I'm sorry lad... He might have gone crazy back there, but these are crazy times. You can't leave him to die like that... It's no way to go, not even for your worse enemy. There's a sniper rifle in the back, I'll pull for a moment and you can popout the sky light and put him out of his misery... He used to be your friend!"

He looked deflated and a little pleadingly at Mike, hoping that he could do some good to make up for his foolishness earlier.

"Come on, lad you'll never forgive yourself if you leave him."

Arch's Cabin : Westbrook Forest

Jim had started grabbing as few logs, with a view to making a small fire when the car was first heard he looked at Arch, "Survivors? They must have been following us..."

Outside the car pulled up, Karen hadn't noticed Randall's strange behaviour - she'd been too busy having a raging arguement in her head with the white faced apparition. When they pulled up outside the cabin the apparition faded and the voice stopped. The windows were glowing a warm yellow light. It was misty and lonely... The scene looked incredibly remniscent of the log cabin in the film, "Evil Dead." Before she could say anything to Randall, he'd ejected himself from the car and whipped out his pistol.

Karen was in a state of shock at this, survivors and he was going to kill them?

'Of course he is, just like he's going to kill you, after he's raped you a few times! Oh Karen, I'm looking forward to watching him put a bullet between your eyes!'

She didn't answer back she started struggling with her bonds, but they were too tight, she couldn't loosen her feet or hands. She screamed out of the open door, "LOOK OUT HE'S GOT A GUN!"

Jim heard the voice, then the shout just as they'd been headed to the door. He looked at Arch, "Shit man... What do we do? We've got to help her - she might have just saved our lives!"

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:32 am

Jack's RV

Mike stared at Jack, his face emotionless, "I'll deal with it."

He then pulled Regina up and walked her into the back of the RV, "I..I just...don't believe it," she said as Mike helped her sit down on the bed.

"I know, Regina, I know," Mike said as he put his arm around her and stroked her shoulder, "Kev told me something before....before all this happened."

Regina looked up at Mike, tears streaming down her face, "He told me to take care of you. He always loved you Regina, and even though all this happened he's still your brother and my best friend."

Regina cracked a small smile as wiped away some tears, "I know he'll be watching over us now," Mike added.

Regina then wrapped her arms around Mike's neck as she pulled him in for an embrace, "Just please, stay with me. Don't leave me."

Mike wrapped his arms around her waist and returned the hug, "Don't worry, I'm right here."

Westbrook Avenue - Middle of the Street

Roger thrashed as the zombies got closer, the bullet had torn through his thigh making walking very hard. However, he finally managed to pull himself to his feet and try to get away from the horde. Unfortunatly there was something else in the dark he didn't expect, he heard a dog barking in the nearby alley.

As he tried to run toward it he saw something that made his gawk in fear, the dog had bloodshot eyes and parts of its skin were missing. "A fucking zmbie dog?!"

However before he could add anything else, the dog pounced on him and bit clean into his shoulder. Roger screamed from the pain which drew the attention of all the nearby zombies. Quickly, he wound up with his free hand and punched the dog off and as he braced himself for another attack he was suprised to see the dog run off.

He then turned to face the zombies, but they had stopped moving. They were staring at him with a blank look on their faces, "What the fu-"

He was interrupted by a searing pain both in his shoulder and his leg as he felt like his wounds were on fire. He screamed at the top of his lungs again and collapsed to his knees; as he looked down, the bite on his shoulder covered itself with rotten flesh and the gunshot in his thigh oozed over with pus and blood as the bullet was flung from the open wound.

His skin began to turn a sickely green and pale grey as he ripped his shirt away. His body was changing and the zombies in front of him only stared at him with a the same glazed over blank look. Then, suddenly, he heard the voice in his head.

It'S TimE! TiMe to sPreAd tHe PlaUgE!

"What the fuck? Who are you?" he screamed to no one. Finally he was answered as he heard someone speaking from his mouth but not his voice. A deep growling voice tormented him, "I aM tHe seEd Of deStRuctIon! I aM PlaUguS!"

Merlin
Primal Magus

Post by Merlin » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:38 pm

Archie's Cabin, Westbrook Forest

Randall spun around, thrusting the pistol at the mad woman. "What the fuck are you doing?" But, before the woman could answer, a burly man dressed like a reject from The Deer Hunter came busting out of the door, pegging off three shots. Randall tossed himself to the ground, and when the shots stopped, he realized he was in total darkness, the lights of the car had been shot out. So, he was dealing with a trained man.

He shot an ugly look at Karen and tossed his pistol out toward the man and shouted "We're alive! Not infected... come on, man. We're just looking for some safety!" He hoped that his simpering would be enough to put this oaf off his guard. He didn't necessarily hope to take any particular advantage of this man, but a trained individual might make a strong ally in the days to come, if this... plague... continued.

Archie yanked the pistol from his belt and kicked open the door, taking three shots at the front grill. He was disappointed it had taken three rounds to put out the two lights, but when the pistol came flying out of the ensuing darkness to his feet, he was vindicated. He scooped up the 9mm. pistol, unscrewed the silencer, and handed the pistol off to Jim. It was a simple enough side arm, with no bells and whistles. Even if Jim had never fired a gun before, this was a good peice for him.

"Come on out, all of you!" He called out, thrusting the pistol toward the car. He could vagely make out the shape of a man on the ground, and someone else in the car, but for all he knew there were a couple in the back and some in the trunk.

Nytram

Post by Nytram » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:09 am

Jack's RV

Jack watched in his mirrors, he couldn't see what was going on. He would have preferred Mike had finished Roger off, but he understood how difficult it was... It was probably too late now anyway. He drove silently through the night, allowing the kids their moment. It was important that, they'd all had a hell of a day...

Feeling a little melancholy, he decided to put some tunes on, he turned the CD player back on and hit the play button for the next track. It was ironic really, the opening heavily synthesised catch... Of Europe's 'The Final Countdown.'

He smiled to himself, then called back into the vehicle, "You kids okay? Do you want to try and stop and get some food or drink soon?"

Jim took the pistol and levelled it. He'd only shot a gun at the range, he wasn't a brilliant shot, he could hit the target most of the time at medium range, but he was certainly no crackshot. While Arch covered the man on the ground, he moved around the other side, he called over to Arch, "Hey man! The girls tied up!"

Karen, shouted at him from her seat, "Please let me go - we was going to rape me then kill me!"

Nytram

Post by Nytram » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:21 am

Grayson Tower: Apartment block

Sarah was now the only one who Henry hadn't restrained. he was still dangerously on edge, and appeared ready to snap. The others were still lined up against the wall, looking like terrorist hostages. Alice and Todd cuffed together and Seth taped up tightly so he couldn't move his arms or legs. Henry was sitting at the kitchen table, muttering to himself.

Sarah sat opposite, desperate to somehow sort the mess out... On the one hand she really wanted to get the others free, but on the other hand if Henry decided she needed restraining as well... Well that would wreck everyone elses chances of getting free. She looked at Henry, "Hey about I make some coffee? We still have power so we ought to use it?"

"Yeah... And see if you can cook something up too, we could do with some food."

"Okay... Henry, everyones calmed down now - why don't you free everyone?"

Henry glared at her, "He stood up and shoved his pistol in her face, "Shut up bitch! I know what you freakin' game is! Any more shit from you and you're gonna be taped up as well! Now shut up, and start making that food."

She obediently looked in the fridge, there were sausages, bacon, hash browns, eggs, bread, tomatos a lot of it going out of date. It was the perfect food for a big fry up. She pulled the food out and started preparing it. Then she got out her large frying pan, started heating it up and added some cooking oil.

Soon the pan was sizzling... Sarah had just started adding food, she noticed Alice subtly trying to suggest something to her...

Merlin
Primal Magus

Post by Merlin » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:52 pm

Randall cried out, "No, I wasn't! That bitch is nuts, escaped from the mental facility down the road! Just look at her!"

Archie moved in sweeping the ground, making sure there were no hidden attackers behind the car, and shouted "Stay on the ground, hands on your head!"

Randall capitulated, knowing that to do otherwise would be a death sentence. From the man's voice and training, he was guessing this mook was a marine, or special forces. Either way, he also sounded like it's been a long time since he's killed somebody, and was eager to get his fix. He did as he was told.

Archie moved around and looked into the car, seeing the woman bound effectively. He was impressed, it took real knowledge to truss someone up that securely, and still leave all the extremities with circulation. He swept his pistol back to point straight at the suited man with the slick black hair, knowing he was dealing with a professional, maybe Italian or Russian sleeper mafia, from the looks. He kept the gun trained on the mob guy and said "Jim, help this lady out of that tape harness, will you?" He turned back to Randall and said "Alright, who are you, and who do you work for?"

Randall stared up for a long moment, hesitating in his answer.

Nytram

Post by Nytram » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:39 am

Outside Archie's Cabin, Westbrook Forest

Jim unfastened the girl from the car and invited her to step out by gesturing with his gun. It immediately struck him that she WAS wearing the uniform white pyjama's of a patient at the local psychiatric hospital. "What's yout name?"

"Karen, I AM from the psychiatric hospital... I didn't escape the hospital though - I escaped the zombies... It's over run!"

Jim sighed deeply, "Arch, I think the bitch on the floor is telling the truth - she admits it... And she's wearing white, psych ward issues pyjama's..."

Karen started looking around jittery, shadows in the trees seemed to be calling out to her mocking her. The voice returned, 'Go on bitch! Grab his gun while he's not concentrating! They are going gang rape you, you know... You're going to be raped to within an inch of your life with a pistol in your mouth... And you're doing NOTHING about it! Do you want it? Are you looking forward to it? Hah! Stupid bitch, they'll kill you as soon as they're done!'

She started grabbing her hair hard and shaking her head and screaming, "NO! SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP!"

Merlin
Primal Magus

Post by Merlin » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:45 am

Randal crab-crawled backward a few steps and exclaimed "See? I only took her with me because I couldn't leave her for the zombies!"

Archie glared the man for a moment, then lowered his pistol and stalked around the front of the car, approaching Karen. Without hesitation, he colcocked her on the crown of her head with the pistol butt, to which she promptly fell unconcious to the dirt driveway.

"Let's get her inside. You," He pointed over at Randall "Keep your hands where I can see them, and go on into the cabin. I'm beginning to think that there may be safety in numbers, but if I think for a moment that you'll betray any one of us, even her, I'll drill you like the texas coastline." He brandished his pistol at Randall for a moment, then tucked it away in the waist of his fatigue pants and bent to help Jim carry the unconcious woman inside.

Nytram

Post by Nytram » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:17 pm

Jim allowed Arch to help him get the girl to her feet, then he slung her over his shoulder fireman's lift style and nodded towards the stranger whose gun he'd taken. "I've got her - you watch him."

Jim then kicked open the door of the cabin and entered. He gently lowered Karen onto the rather ancient sofa. There was a chill in the air, and he was familiar with these cabins, there was usually a wood shed out back. He exited by the small galley kitchen and swa his goal, a run down looking shed. When he walked closer he could see it was padlocked shut, carefully he levelled the pistol at the hasp and fired a couple of rounds. The shots echoed out through the forest, and he half wished he hadn't fired. The door swang open easily. He reached in to pull the light switch, and felt grisly hands grasp his, he pulled his hand back quickly and levelled the pistol firing two more shots at head height. Nothing, he peered into the gloom, nothing. He snapped his hand in and flicked the switch, a hollow dim light lit up the tiny space and he entered, the cold hands had been his imagination it seemed. He saw the log pile so he put the safety on the pistol and tucked it into his belt. He began picking out logs for the fire, he saw something else that caught his eye, a rusty old, red chainsaw. He grabbed some logs and just about managed to pick up the chainsaw too.

He didn't waste any time on the trip back to the house, it was dark and foreboding, the trees were moaning in the wind... Or was it unseen zombies shuffling silently, their movement hidden by the rustling of the leaves. He glanced at the moon and it was nearly hidden behind the clouds, it was a devils moon, deep red and eldritch looking. A shiver ran up his spine as he darted into the cabin and slammed the door shut. Dropping the logs and the saw he threw the bar across and carried his takings into the living area with the others, He placed the saw and the logs near the hearth and knelt down, then began to build a fire he called up to Arch, "It's cold man, I thought Id get a fire going - you got some matches stowed here?"

"Oww... Jesus, I've been brained so many times today I'm gonna get brain damage!" It was Karen, finally stirring after being knocked out again. Jim called out to her, "Hon, I don't think that's too much of a risk for you, you're brain isn't exactly damage-free the way it seems! Now keep calm before somebody lays you out again!"

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:43 pm

OOC: Sorry...busy week

IC:

Jack's RV

"No thanks, Jack," Mike said as he returned to the front with Regina behind him.

Mike took a seat next to Jack in the front and Regina sat across Mike's lap, "Where do we go from here?" Regina asked.

"I don't know," Mike said as he looked to Jack, "I'm all out of ideas, I mean I'm not prepared for this at all."

Nytram

Post by Nytram » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:11 pm

Jack rubbed his chin thoughtfully, "What about this apartment block? You said you had some friends there? We should go see if they made it - you'll always be asking that question if we don't TRY and find out? Which way is it?"

He tried to sound hopeful, but it was difficult in dire times like this. The RV cruised on through the night while he waited his answer.

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:19 pm

Jack's RV

Mike nodded, "Yea, we should at least check there to see if anyone made it."

Regina leaned forward, "Mike's never been there but I have, so I can give you directions."

After first figuring out where they were, Regina wrote down the directions and handed them to Jack, "If you need anymore help just ask me."

Merlin
Primal Magus

Post by Merlin » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:30 pm

Randall sat on a folding chair in the cabin, deciding that the marine's idea was right. There would be safety in numbers. So, he would capitulate, for now.

Archie kept his eye on the two newcomers, keeping his pistol in plain veiw. When Jim returned, looking for matches, Archie nodded. "Yeah, there's a box of stove matches on top of the fridge. There's also a case of beer... bring me one. Take one for yourself." He turned to Randall, and continued, "You drink beer? The way this day is going, any of us might be dead by morning, and I wont deny a man his last drink." Randall nodded, wordlessly, and Archie said, "Go ahead and make that three, Jim."

Almost in response to his words to Jim, the crazy woman woke up, complaining about the beat on her head. He turned to her, and crouched in front of her. "Look... you and whoever's in there with you. Nobody's going to rape you, not so long as I am around. Nobody's gonna kill you, unless its me killing you for trying to kill one of us.
With that, Archie pulled out an old military style lock-box, which turned out contained bags and bags of pills of every color and type. "Now... what meds do you need?"

Nytram

Post by Nytram » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:14 am

Karen's eyes widened, "Jesus... I... I.. Don't know to be honest... Those red ones look like one of the ones they gave me... And the blue and white ones, that green one, that small yellow one and erm, some days the white oval ones there..."

Jim was shaking his head in disbelief, "Jesus... I thought I had a drug problem... Do you know what that shit does Arch?"

The fire was now crackling and spitting, the cold beer was welcome refreshment, fortunately the dead didn't seem to have found their way to the cabin.

Jack's RV

Jack followed the girls directions, soon they were heading into the city and the zombies were becoming more prevalent. Most of them seemed to stayon the sidewalks, some shadow memory of their former lives perhaps? Occasionally one would wander around in the street and bounce off the front of the RV. They could tell there were living around, it was as if they could smell it in the air, turning their heads and following the van. It wasn't looking too hopeful that there were living here.

Jack turned to his passengers, "I tell you.. It don't look too hopeful... There's a lot of zombies out there and not much sign of the living... Unless..." He turned back to the front, there up ahead, in one of the apartment towers, he could see a light on. Could someone have turned it on before they succumbed to the plague? Or were there a group of survivors there waiting for some sort of rescue? He wasn't sure - but it was worth checking out. They wouldn't have many supplies and getting to a vehicle safely would have been difficult for them.

Jack turned back to the others, "That building with the light on look familiar?"

Sarah saw the look and gathered what Alice wanted her to do. It wouldn't kill him, but being sprayed with hot oil might just distract him enough for her to get the pistol. She looked at him and twisted her elbow ready... Then Henry saw Alice look and turned to Sarah, he grabbed her arms in an iron grip, "Oh no you don't bitch!"

Wrenching her free of the stove, pan in hand, oil sprayed everywhere and Alice started screaming as a line of oil splashed onto her leg. Henry slapped Sarah across the face so hard she span around and tumbled to the floor, then turned to Alice, growling, "Serves you right bitch! Next time you try and play a stunt like that I'm gonna put a bullet between your eyes!"

His gun was inches from her face now, his hand shaking...

A car, or truck, Henry edged over to the window and peered down the street. He couldn't see what it was - but there were two headlights lurching towards them, zombies bouncing off the front occasionally. He smiled relieved and turned to the others, "It's the army! We're saved!"

Seth scowled at him, "Way to go, now get this freakin' tape off me!"

"Not so fast, I'm gonna wait and see who's in charge and tell them what kinda shit you pulled back there - he'll probably put you under military arrest!"

The captives looked at each other nervously and sat in silence, terrified of Henry's next irrational action. Sarah at this point was spark out cold, Henry walked up to her non-chalantly and slammed his boot into her ribs cracking one. She screamed in agony, "Wake up bitch! You've got some packing to do. Any more whining and I'm gonna blow your knee caps off and feed you to the zombies! Now get that shit together and into some bags - we're leaving as soon as the help's arrived!"[/b]

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:28 am

Jack's RV

Mike watched as Regina gazed at the building and was counting under her breath, "That's the floor above Kim," she said as she sat back down.

"It's possible that they could have survived, it's a long way up there."

Mike gazed at the building, "But how do we get in there past all the zombies at the front door?"

Regina nodded, "We need something big to happen."

Nytram

Post by Nytram » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:04 pm

Jack's RV

Jack put on his best swarthy, salty sea dog voice, "Did you have something in mind? Because if you didn't, I've got a harpoon gun and a length of rope that can get an sea dog like myself up there..."

He grinned at them with a glint of madness in his eye.

Meanwhile in the apartment Henry was sweating profusely, his pistol hand was twitching so badly it looked like he was going to shoot his own foot off at any moment, he peered out of the window and waved at the camper van heading down the high street, he then turned to his captives, three trussed up and one sobbing in pain, her ribs broken, "I think they're going to pull up... It's not the army though... It's some punk in an RV!"

Merlin
Primal Magus

Post by Merlin » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:10 pm

Archie nodded curtly, saying "My mother was a psychiatric nurse." And he left it at that. He rummaged through the bags, not certain if the pill cocktail he was coming up with would help or kill the woman. Either would be an improvement.

"Here." He handed the woman a small handful of pills. "I don't know if these will help your problem, but I know that this combination is safe enough, so long as you don't drink any alcohol.

Nytram

Post by Nytram » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:45 pm

She hadn't had a drink in a long time anyway. Most of the drugs they dished out to her in that place didn't mix with alcohol. She looked at the mass of brightly coloured pills.

'He's trying to poison you!'

She gritted her teeth and started popping pill after pill in fast succession, she'd been gradually more and more pissed off at the voice and now it soundde threatened... She thought maybe they would WORK and the voice knew it.

Jim watched her shaking his head, "Jesus... What the hell did you give her man? Well, I hope it works anyway, she's a dangerous bitch in her current state... Hey Arch, what's our plan now anyway? We spend the night here, but then what? We've got supplies to last a while but indefinately... And I hate to say it but I think there's something out in the woods, not necesarrily close, but there's something out there... I don't how long we can stay here before we have to start defending ourselvse again!"

Henry was fuming, "Awww shit! Damn! A mother... Punk in an RV! What the F... is he he gonna do? Take us on a freakin' camping trip?" Shit!"

Sarah was whimpering in pain, in too much pain to move. Henry pointed the gun back at her, "You shut up bitch! Don't make me silence you!"

Todd thought he could see the future, someone was going to come to hep them, and Henry was going to end up freaking out and shooting them. They'd then end up spending their last days tied up waiting for Henry to slowly lose the plot more and more, until eventually he executed them one by one before finishing himself off... He called out to Henry, "Hey, Henry, calm down, sure they're not the army - but they've got a vehicle and supplies, maybe they've seen the army on their travels or they've heard where there's a safe zone!"

Henry whipped the pistol around and pointed it at Todd shaking, "I... I... Yeah! That's right! They've got a radio and they know where to go, they were headed there already but they saw our light on and thought they'd come see if there were survivors! Yeah!"

His pistol hand was still shaking violently, and they could hear the RV getting closer, they all hoped they'd done enough to calm the nutter ex-seal down.

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:53 am

Jack's RV

"Yea," Mike said, "that'll work perfectly, but do you think you have enough rope?"

While the two were talking, Regina began to gather supplies and ammo in the back. She strapped two pistols to her waist and loaded a shotgun for Mike; everything seemed to be going good, hopefully nothing would show up to ruin the plan.

52nd Street - 2 Miles from Grayson Tower

The man had been holed up in the building for about a day now, he was running low on food and ammo. He hadn't had to use it before until it showed up, most of the zombies hadn't been able to get past the traps he left on the first floor. He took out many of the floorboards in different spots so the zombies would fall down into the basement. But, what ever this was, it was smarter, faster and it knew he was here.

There had been silence for over 3 minutes since he first saw the abomination leap into an open window and dissapear from sight. The man taped a flashlight to his gun and decided to go after it and try to kill it.

"YeS, cOme tO me!"

"Wh-Who there?" the man said with a shakey voice.

"oNly YouR DoOm! EnjOy yoUr lAsT moMenTs!"

The man froze with fear, suddenly there was a flurry of movement and he fired shot after shot into a dark corner. Silence.

"mIssED Me!"

It was the last thing he heard before the creature sliced his head clean off and tossed the body out the window onto the street below.

Plaugus stepped into the moonlight coming through the window, it looked nothing like Roger anymore, his body was now fully grey and a sickly green, his teeth had grow into inch long fangs, and claws had extended from his hands.

Plaugus sniffed the air, looking for one smell in particular. "WheRe arE yOu hiDinG? i'Ll finD yoU sOon enOUgh, mIKe!"

Merlin
Primal Magus

Post by Merlin » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:41 pm

Archie shrugged and stood up, turning his back on Karen. "A couple of sedatives, an antispychotic, a neural blocker. And the plan is to wait till dawn, and head down to the lake. There's a pier, and some people I know keep a boat docked there, a big one. If we can get on that boat, we could probably make it out to sea, where at least we don't have to worry about zombies." He grunted and pried the cap off another bottle of beer, and continued, "Unless they've learned how to swim."

Nytram

Post by Nytram » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:15 am

Jack's RV

Captain Jack grinned at Mike as he pulled up, "There's one way to find out! don't shoot any unless you have to, they might be attracted by the noise and we don't have unlimited ammunition. I'll climb up, check that everythings cool and wave you up after me."

With that he popped the skylight open, grabbed the length of rope out of his pack and his harpoon gun. Getting a good stance he aimed over one of the flag poles higher than the floor with the light on. When he pulled the trigger the barb flew over th pole and dropped the other side. He lowered it down by feeding the rope up, the used his seaman skills to tie a loose shank knot. After tightening it up to the pole he tested it for weight, it didn't give much so he began to climb. It was less than ten feet to the window, but it was vertical climb, walking up the wall he reached forwards and dragged himself up, foot by foot.

Mike and Regina had exited the camper, with a sea of dead around the camper roof it looked like an island on teh river styx. Flailing dead arms grasping hopelessly into the air even though they had no chance of reaching them.

Eventually Jack dropped in through the open window. He looked around the room and knew straight away there was something wrong. A girl crippled with pain, sobbing on the floor. A man with one leg holding a bottle of whisky and handcuffed to a girl next to him, and another young man his hands and feet taped together. The only one not incapacitad was the tower of a man, African American, who seemed even taller and broader than Jack, who was a giant to most men. He leaned out of the window and looked down at Mike, "Don't come up here! Wait there!"

He turned to Henry, who was still holding the gun his hand shaking violently, "What the hell's going on here son?"

"I ain't your son... I was expecting the army to come, not some homeless bum with a stolen campervan!"

Jack eyed him up, then thought about his appearance, yes he was dirty, his beard was straggly and matted... He probably did look like a bum. "Well, the army ain't comin' son - so you'd better untie these people and help them into the van, we've got to get movin'"

Henry's eyes were blood shot and he was gritting his teeth hard,"I ain't freeing anyone, I'm in charge here!" He raised the pistol at Jack, who simply rolled his eyes at him, "You're in charge? In charge of what a few helpless people holed up in a flat? Why are they tied up anyway? And what's the matter with her?" He was indicating Sarah, clutching her side and sobbing.

"Bitch tried to kill me! The rest of these bitches were endangering the survival of the group! I had to tie them!"

"Son, I think there's only one person endangering anyones survival here, now I'm untie these people and we're gonna leave - you can stay if you want... Wait for the army if you like."

As he spoke he walked towards Seth and started pulling at the tape wrapped tightly around his wrists. Henry screamed across the room, "Step away from him bitch! Or I'll blow your freakin' head head off!"

Jack turned around slowly, "Why you're a big man there with your gun aren't you? My wife has a pistol like that, she uses it to settle arguements... I like to sort things out like a man."

"Oh yeah? You think you could take me?"

"Think I could? I could put you over me knee and spank you!"

Henry's rage was growing his pistol hand waving all over the place and he was foaming at the mouth. "Shut up bitch! Step away!" When Jack ignored him he fired a shot above Jack into the wall. Jack just turned and laughed at him, "Hah! You're just a spoilt little girl aren't you? It's a pity your mommy's not here... I don't know why I even suggested we go mano a' mano - you've obviously not up to it!"

This was the final straw for Henry he threw the pistol down on the floor and put his guard up, "Alright bitch, lets see what you got?"

Jack adjusted his sailors cap and adopted a rough sea-dog brawlers guard and approached him. Henry started bobbing and weaving, throwing a couple of jabs, Jack backed up jabbed, then swung hard, square at the jaw. Henry saw it coming though and ducked, the wild swing swishing above him, then he rose and buried a hook into Jack's ribs.

The force of the blow knocked Jack to the side and took the wind out of him, he fought the pain though and laughed at Henry, "Hah! My wife hits harder than you, you pussy! Want me to put one hand behind my back?"

Henry swung hard at Jack's face, but Jack dodged back, grabbed Henry's arm and tried to knee him in the stomach. Henry saw the move though and raised his leg to block it. Then swang Jack and round and slammed him into the door. His head cracked on the solid door and dazed him, so Henry pulled him back, opened the door and prepared to push him down the wrecked stairs into the mass of zombies, "I'm gonna feed you to the dead punk!"

As he pushed Jack down he regained his senses and grabbed onto the rail, flailing slightly he saved himself from the fall and swang a boot right at Henry's knee. The force of his kick knocked Henry tumbling to the floor, gaining Jack enough time to pull himself back onto the landing.

Both of them a little out of breath now they stood toe to toe on the landing exchanging blows.

Back inside Sarah's apartment Seth had fougth his way free of the tape now that Henry was pre-occupied. He picked up the pistol and pointed it at the chain joining Alice and Todd's handcuffs together. He fired twice, the second shot snapping the chain and freeing them. Then Seth rushed to the window and peered out a the two people on the roof of the campervan, he called down to them, "Hey! Get yourselves up here! You're friends in trouble!"

Back on the landing the fight was getting more and more vicious. Both men had gotten good hits on each others faces, blood was trickling from both their mouths, but neither showed any sign of giving up. They fought their way up the stairs to the next floor, Jack having the height advantage being on the upper steps. They'd stopped taunting each other and were simply hitting, blocking, and taking hits so they could hit back harder.

Jim shuddered at the thought, "Do you guys think many more people made it?"

Karen had settled down a little already. She sat on the sofa, her feet on as well gripping her knees in her arms, "What if we're the only people left?"

Jim screwed his face up, "We CAN'T be the only people left! Surely!?"

He was interrupted by a shuffling noise outside. He turned to the window and a dead farmer was shuffling enthusiastically against the window, he raised his piston and was about to fire, then he stopped and turned to Arch, "Hey, I think it's just the one... Seems a shame to wreck the window... And the shot might attract more? Do you think we should go outside together and cave his head in? Bludgeon him to death? It might be quieter..."

Karen was shaking in fear now she scowled at Jim, "You sick bastard! That used to be a person!"

Merlin
Primal Magus

Post by Merlin » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:36 pm

Archie turned to look at the woman again, as she scowled and hurled venom. "Do you think that matters to me, woman? I've put bullets into living people because they were my enemy... do you think I will hesitate on these monsters? Would you have me send you out to it, so you can give it a big hug?" The woman's face registered total fear, "Now... if you don't shut up, and get with this program, I will shoot you myself."

At that, Randall spoke up, "You know, I've tried threateneing her myself, and it just doesn't work. Maybe we should gag the crazy bitch."

"You know what?" Archie turned now and stalked the man, getting mere inches from his face. "I'm beginning to think that both of you are too much trouble for my own good. So, if you don't want me to cram a fistfull of sleeping pills down your throat, keep your mouth shut."

Randall stared up at Archie's enraged eyes, and merely nodded, though his face registered unbridled fury. Archie nodded, seeing that the man was accepting, if not enjoying, his lot for the moment.

Outside, the zombie continued to thump away at the window. Archie hefted his katana, and grabbed up a wooden kithen chair, brandishing it as a lion trainer. "Let's save our ammo... There's an aluminum baseball bat in the corner."

Nytram

Post by Nytram » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:54 pm

Jim grinned, picked up the bat and gave it an experimental twirl, "I'm up for that, get's go play ball!"

As he spoked he approached the door, one hand on the handle the other holding the bat he nodded to Arch, "You ready? What's the plan, you skewer him and I bash his brains out until he stops moving?"

Karen was shaking back and fourth on the sofa, crying silent tears. She dared not say anything, it seemed like everything she'd said had gotten her head bitten off. She never had so many threats issued to her in such a short period of time in her entire life. She kept thinking she wished she'd never left the hospital. There was something reassuring about a padded cell and a straightjacket. A feeling that somebody had put you there for a purpose and was in control of you, that somebody was going to come and get you... She knew now of course that wasn't going to happen. If she'd stayed, she'd probably be wandering the corridors in her straight jacket, groaning and shuffling, rotting flesh falling off her cheeks...

It was a vile image and one that wouldn't go away. She huddled herself and sat in silence, petrified of more conflict.

Merlin
Primal Magus

Post by Merlin » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:02 pm

Archie nodded and moved up to the door. "Yeah, I'll go out first and pin him somewhere... you come in and do your thing." And with that, he jerked open the door and burst out, rushing the shambling corpse.

With a crunch of bone and a hard THUD!, Archie rammed the legs of the chair into the. He threw his weight into the thing, knocking it over, using the legs of the chair to pin it to the ground. The thing bucked wildly, with a strength that was frightening. "Jim, you'd better hurry..." It was all he could do to keep the thing down with both hands on the chair, the katana lay at his feet. He had intended to pin it to the ground, but had not taken this one's strength into account.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw another shambling figure, and then another. "Shit... Jim, you need to hurry real quick"

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:28 pm

Roof of Jack's RV

"Shit!" Mike said as he heard a voice echo from up in the window.

Immediatly he threw the shotgun Regina gave him over his shoulder and once he made sure the strap was secure he began his climb, "Regina," he said as he tried to climb, "you should come up to, I don't want you down here by yourself."

Regina didn't answer but Mike knew she was following by the weight he felt on the rope. After a minute of climbing, Mike reached the open window and flung himself in. He came up in a roll bring his shotgun to bear on what ever or who ever was in the room, however, when he saw everyeon was human he turned and pulled Regina in the open window.

"Where's Jack?" Regina asked as she and Mike both readied their weapons for anything.

Nytram

Post by Nytram » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:16 am

Jim rushed out and over to Arch and began clubbing the zombie purposefully on the head. Arch seemed to be struggling, the zombie had more energy and strength than any they'd encountered so far. The bat rose and fell like a blacksmiths hammer, eventually turning things head inside out.

As he pummeled the things head he heard more shuffling around. The pinned one on hte floor went limp eventually, but when he looked up there was another about to grab him. "Shit!" He stepped the side and swang with all his strength straight at the head. If he'd actually been playing baseball it wouldn't have just been a home run, it would have been out of the stadium. It's face caved in, it toppled to quivering mess on the floor. Jim turned to Arch, having seen the several others lurching towards them, "Shit... What do you think? Gun time? After we're clear can we stay here? Or do we move out tonight? I'm surprised there's this many, this far off the beaten track... Y'know... If we can finish these off, we might be okay until morning."

Karen was plugging her ears inside the cabin and crying, trying not to hear the, 'thump', thump','thump' of the bat bludgeoning zombies to death. The drugs seemed to have worked somewhat though - the voices had died down completely.

Seth shook his head, "Henry went nuts... It's like he couldn't take the pressure or something - he's had us all tied up, I think he's nearly killed Sarah... Your friend's saved us - I think he's out in the stairwell fighting Henry now."

Grayson Tower: Apartment block: Stairwell, top floor.

The fight was by no means a one way one, but Henry had the upper hand. He was younger, stronger and better trained. Jack's hardiness was keeping him in it though, but on the back foot. By the time they'd made it to the top floor, he was bruised and battered, Henry was too, but not quite so much as Jack. They moved around, threw punches, blocked, punched back. It was relentless, Jack had been moving up the stairs to give ground and let Henry tire himself out, but there was nowhere else to go now. Henry threw a punch, Jack caught it on his guard and launched a straight punch to the jaw. Henry saw it coming and grabbed the arm, swinging Jack around and slamming him into the fire escape door.

Jack staggered backwards, finding himself on another flight of stairs, leading to the roof top. Henry was on to him straight away, trying to pin him before he could get to his feet, Jack saw it though and threw a solid kick straight to the groin. Henry squealed like a pig, the force lifting him off his feet and probably bursting one of his balls. It seemed to enrage him more if anything though, and he didn't pause. They fought their way up to the roof top and out into the night.

Henry bore down on Jack throwing everything he'd got at him. Jack was tired and battered by this point, he moved around and guarded, barely able to throw a punch back. Henry grabbed his slow punch, knee'd him in the stomach and grabbed him to the edge. Jack saw the street below, full of zombies, he barely had the strength to stand let alone fight back.

"This is bitch, I'm gonna throw you over the edge, then I'm gonna go and kill all the rest of those freakin' traitors!"

Jack smiled, summoning his last ounce of strength, "Is that so...?" With that he slammed an elbow into Henry's jaw, knocking him up and sending tooth shards flying. In a flash he was standing up, both of them on the unguarded edge of the buiding, squaring up to each other again.

Merlin
Primal Magus

Post by Merlin » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:39 am

Archie replied by jerking the old army sidearm from his waistband and pulling off three shots in quick succession, taking down two of the shabling figures. With a twinge of horror, he realized that these corpese were dressed in uniforms, some scouting organization, Eagle, from the looks.

"Let's get back inside!" He said, giving Jim's shoulder a push toward the door. "The walls are solid wood logs, and the windows are storm grade and easily covered." As Archie followed Jim into the cabin, he spotted two more shapes shambling in toward the cabin, from around the vehicles. He slammed the door shut, sliding a heavy liquor hutch in front of the door as a buttress.

He glanced at his watch. "We've got about an hour before dawn... at least we'll have light then... maybe these things hibernate during the day. Bursting into flames like a vampire's probably too much to ask for."

At this Randall could not longer hold his tongue. "So, what... we're just going to wait around here for an hour? What if more of those things show up? And I don't have a piece... come on.. don't let me die without being able to fight back."

Archie looked at the man for a long moment, and finally nodded. "I suppose if you were about screwing us, you could have just locked us outside just now." With that, he tossed the Army Colt .45 into Randall's lap, and then vanished into the deep darkness of a back room for a moment, returning with a finely oiled AK-47 and a belt of ammo for it. "We need to start thinking about what we take with us when the sun comes up. The lake is about two miles through the woods from here, with no access roads. We'll have to hike it, so we can only take what we can carry." He tossed a large black rucksack to the floor at Randall's feet, continuing "You go into the kitchen, and pack as many of the MRE's from the cabinet. Forget the canned food, it's too heavy for too little nourishment."

Randall nodded, scowling but happy to be armed, and went to work. Archie turned to Karen, guauging her capacity. He tossed her another bag. "You pack up as many of the bottles from that hutch as you can carry, the clear ones first. Jim... come with me."

He grabbed up propane lantern and lit it with a push of the auto igniter, and led Jim into the back room, where he showed Jim his stash. In the room that may have been meant as a bedroom, Archie kicked open several old WWII weapons cache-box's. Within were box after box of shells for weapons ranging from .22 caliber short shells to .50 caliber magnums. They were not organized at all, merely tossed like junk into the many ancient 'pill box's. There were also a few grenades strung on a shoulder strap, as well as a variety of detonator caps and fuses, though no explosives for them. "A lot of these bullets may be inert, and some of the grenades may be duds as well. Most of this was retreived from an ammo supply outpost in 'Nam, after it was flooded. Bought it all from army surplus for thirty bucks, but never got around to checking it all for functionality."

Nytram

Post by Nytram » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:04 pm

Karen busied herself gathering the bottles of water and packing them into the carrying sack. It was good to have a purpose, it took her mind off her predicament, of the nightmare that was obviously out there waiting for them in the forest, of the nightmare that her whole life had been for the last few months. It was so comforting to escape the voice of insanity that had been bugging her in the padded cell. She cast a glance or two at her captor, Randall... Maybe he wasn't so bad after all? After all she was alive and she had an escape plan. That had seemed highly unrealistic before she'd been let out of the cell, and still quite unrealistic when she was following Carl through the zombie infested corridors, still trussed up in a straight jacket.

Once she'd packed the bag, she carried on searching for useful stuff that wouldn't be too bulky or to heavy to take with them. She managed to dig out some lighter fluid, an old box of candles and a box of cooks matches. There wasn't much in the cabin, it was spartan to say the least - the little that was there looked to be army surplus or old military stock.

Jim meanwhile was eyeing the impressive cache of weapons, it looked ancient, but there was so much stuff, some of it had to work. Quietly he'd bobbed his head around the door a couple of times to check on Randall and Karen, they seemed to be behaving and Karen appeared normal. He sighed deeply, "So what's the plan Arch? We take what we can carry or we try and judge what's the best stuff and just take that... Hmmm, those pills you gave the fruitcake seem to have done the trick, think we can trust her with a firearm?"

Grayson Tower: Rooftop.

Henry and Jack were slowing down, both bloodied and beaten, both wobbling on the edge, above the swarm of undead below. Eventually Henry threw all his weight behind a punch, but Jack deflected it, teetering on the edge, Henry wobbled and started to topple over the edge. Jacks instincts took over at that point, he couldn't let the man die - especially not like that. As he fell Jack reached out and grabbed his wrist, but he'd already gone too far and he fell off, pulling Jack along. Taking the weight but trying to keep himself on the edge, Jack ended up his whole body on the edge, with his head and one arm holding onto Henry, who was now dangling above the street below.

Henry weighed a ton, Jack could feel the ligaments in his shoulder being stretched, he threw another arm down and shouted to Henry, "Hold on lad! Grab my other arm!"

Henry flailing as he swang tried to grab Jacks second arm, but he was shaking so badly he couldn't reach it, he squealed in terror, "I'm slipping!"

Jack cried out to him again, "Hold on lad! I'll try and grab your other arm and pull you up!"

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:24 pm

Grayson Tower: Sarah's Room

As soon as they heard where Jack was, Mike and Regina took off out into the hallway and up the stairs. They followed the trail of blood splatters from the fight and eventually Mike kicked open the door to the roof.

"Jack!" he yelled, "Jack, where are you?!"

As Mike scanned the rooftop he saw Jack dangling over the edge holding onto something or someone, "I'm coming, Jack!"

Without thinking, Mike threw the shotgun back over his shoulder and ran towards Jack while Regina kept her guns trained on anything that moved in case there was any suprise waiting for them.

As soon as Mike reached the edge he slid next to Jack and saw the man dangling below him, "Grab my hand!" Mike yelled.

Luckily, Mike had much longer arms than most people so hopefully the man could reach his arm and together both he and Jack could pull the man to safety.

However, Regina said something that broke Mike's concentration, "Mike," she began with a wavering voice, "something is really moving down there." Mike then squinted to look and saw a massive figure moving in the swarm below, "What the hell is that?"

Grayson Tower: Street Level

As he looked up to the roof he could smell human flesh, and familar flesh at that, "YouR tIme HAs cOmE, vErmIn!"

Plaugus jumped up and latched onto the side of the building and using his claws began to climb up the face of the building, jamming his claws into the building using them as hooks to climb.

Grayson Tower: Roof

"Shit!" Mike yelled as he saw the thing jump onto the building and begin the climb.

"Mike! Get this guy up and get the fuck back inside!" Regina yelled as she opened fire on the figure closing in on them. Her gun blasts no doubt would have torn any zombie apart but the figure was nimbly dodging the bullets.

"Hurry up!" she screamed in between firing rounds.

Nytram

Post by Nytram » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:54 am

Grayson Tower: Roof

Jack heaved with all his might, "Come ON lad!" Desperately he just managed to pull Hnery up enough for him to get a hand over the ledge. Jack and Mike helped him to his feet, he looked shaken and nervy. Jack screamed into his face, his voice echoing authority, "If you want to live then follow us! NOW!"

Mike, Regina and Jack began running back to the roof access door. Henry still dazed was just starting to jog, Jack turned to and screamed, "COME ON LAD!"

Seth had seen the gray blur fly past the window, clawing into the glass and the brickwork. Whatever it was, it was fast... He helped Sarah to her feet, "You okay hon? Alice get her some painkillers!"

Alice rummaged through the supplies and soon produced a pack of tablets and handed them over. She turned to Todd, "How are bearing up?" He held up his hand with the severed cuff attached to it, "Hah! It still hurts like hell but at least I'm free, erm, heh... This doesn't make us married you know!"

She smirked at this and took the pack of Seth after he'd removed some tablets for Sarah, "Hey want one of these?"

He chugged some whisky back, "Sure why not? Seth, why don't you go see what's happened with the sailor bloke and Henry?"

Seth nodded and stormed out of the door up the staircase.