Mutants Inc. III: Skirmishes

Unrelated stories that take place in a setting besides Star Wars...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:09 pm

Cathy sprinted softly after the dark clothed man, who had a waft of Smoke about him as he walked. He'd stopped and was talking to... Another of the mutants off the news!

She adjusted her dark glasses and trotted closer, "Hey! You're the guys off the news right?"

Smokemare turned from Kody who was still taking in the fact that Seraphim had been killed, "Who are you? What do you want?"

"Hmmph... That's no way to greet someone who wants to help you!"

"Help us? Hah! I think we're beyond help... We're dropping like flies..."

He was scowling as he spat at her, clearly angry and frustrated. The bitterness of the recent deaths of his friends showing all too clearly.

The girls face sank, a look of utter despair, "Oh... It's started then..."

Smokemare stepped closer, away from Kody, "What's started?! What do you know?!" He formed his blade and threatened her with it menacingly.

"For gods sake, I'm on your side! I'm trying to warn you!"

"Warn us? Warn us about what?"

"The purge... It happened where I came from and it's probably happening here too. Somebody or something is getting rid of mutants, all of them indiscriminately."

"What? Where are you from? How do you know?!"

"I'm Cathy, some call me Medusa, I came here from Los Angeles after I saw the news. There were a large group of us, seven or eight, we used our powers to commit... petty crimes.. for profit... they all dissapeared though. We arranged to meet up to flee the city together, the last three of us... But we never met... Flare and Telos, they... I don;t know what happened... But something was wrong... I got to the meeting place and there was nothing tere but signs of a struggle."

Smokemare frowned, "We know who's behind it... Mesmero..."

A look of shock errupted on Cathy's face, "He's here!? Oh god... Get your friends and get out. Leave the city - split up, leave the country if you can..."

Smokemare turned to Kody, "Hey, are you alright? What do you think?"

When he turned back she had gone disappeared...

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu » Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:06 pm

ic:

Kody's world has flipped upside down and turned inside out all while he had slept comfortable in the bed at the Matrix Institute. Looking to Smoke he had no words to say at all, and when the girl showed up Kody didn't know what to say to her.

However, she dissapeared just as quickly as she had arrived, "Smoke," Kody started as he looked at the ground, "what is going on?"

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:46 pm

Kyle felt he had spent enough time on the roof doing nothing but watching the streets. He had practiced using his powers, he tried focusing all his energy on his feet and he managed to float slightly off the ground. However that only lasted a few seconds, he decided to check on smoke and Sable and everyone else that was still around.

Kyle walked over to Smoke and Kody, he hadn't seen Kody in a while. They were talking about something and Kyle only caught the tailend of the conversation. "I miss something?"

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare » Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:51 pm

Smoke turned to Kyle, the three of them standing in the quiet street, "Kyle, Kody... Wasn't there this morning. I've only just told him about Sera."

Kyle shuffled awkwardly, not sure what to say. Smokemare looked back at Kody, "Do you want to go and see her? Do you want us to come with you?"

Kyle frowned, "So who was the girl?"

"I don't know to be honest, she was babbling some warning about something called the purge... She's heard of Mesmero... She insists we should leave the city, if possible the country. I hate to say it - but I think this thing is bigger than Bane..."

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:23 am

Chrono opened his eyes wearily. He was lying on his back, with an oxygen mask on in some sort of medical facility. Hr tried to move his arms, but found they were securely fastened to sides of the trolley.

Slow he recalled the events that had led him here - the search, the teleporter, the teenagers interrogating him. He desperately tried to wiggle his hands out of the leather institutional cuffs that bound his wrists and ankles, but to no avail. The nobody was around. His wounds have been bandaged and he spotted a canula with a drip attached going into his arm.

Again he struggled desperately to free his hands, but they were fastened tightly. He lay still, exhausted, listening to the incessant beeping of the monitor that was attached to him.

Phantom by this point had purchased a hundred million dollars worth of gold bullion and deposited it at the tower. He dialled Cyzor on his cellphone, "Cyzor, the golds been bought - whatever you're doing you're free to go ahead and do now."

He paused then snapped the flip-phone shut. It had been a long morning.

Caitlyn, Stoneman and Exor were sitting in the white sedan by a large, barbwire topped fence. Exors phone rang and he answered it, "Yeah? Right... Okay..."

He snapped it shut and turned to the others looking suddenly serious,"Right, here's the plan, I'll send Stoneman in first, to secure the area, then Caitlyn... You are to destroy the whole stock of gold, I'm giving you both five minutes to do your part. " Without mocing he slammed his palm onto Stonemans chest and he disappeared.

Cathy was good at disappearing. She'd easily lost the mutants from the news and was a couple of blocks away within minutes. She quickened her pace and sprinted faster.... There... The Bane Building. He destination in sight she ran up to the door then slowed down to catch her breath.

The doors to the foyer were plush and luxorious, they glid softly over the dark marble floor and she was a little taken a-back by the oppulence of the place. She strode through the small crowd of people and leaned over the reception desk, "I'm here to see Mr. Bane, I don't have an appointment, but it's imperitave that I'm allowed to speak to him!"

Shaggy
The Rev.

Post by Shaggy » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:28 am

Kraven was still trying to figure out who this Phantom was when he recieved another page.

"Speak"

"Sir, we seem to have a young lady here asking for a meeting with Mr. Bane and she is acting rather weird sir. Should we just send her away?"

*"Well it seems we have attracted more mutants with our little fight. This could be one."* Kraven said to himself. "Send her up my private elevator and make sure she is wattched the entire way up."

Kraven always wanted to meet those who might be an ally or a threat, face to face. It made things easier for him to gauge their powers. About a minute later the doors opened and alittle woman stumbledin. She was wearing business attire but it looked tatered and it probably had not been off her body in a couple of days. She was running from something. Darkstar had been waiting in the side office just in case something went wrong but in seeing this on the security monitors, she ran in a caught the woman before she completely fell over.

Kraven had come from around his desk and picked up the woman with ease and put her on a sofa along the far wall of his office. Darkstar went and got some water and Kraven said, "My name is Kraven and I am Mr. Bane's represenative. You look like you have been through quite an ordeal. IS there anything we can do for you?"

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:03 am

Cathy slumped heavily onto the sofa. The last few days had been a blur, she'd wanted to have already left New York by now. She looked up at the striking features of Kraven, placnig her gently on his sofa.

She waited a moment to catch her breath, "I saw you on the news... You're a mutant, like me... So you need to tell all your mutant friends, and then leave. Leave the city, the country if feasible... It's not safe for mutants here..."

A young lady appeared offering a glass of water, which she took eagerly and drank deeply. It was soothing and refreshing, and helped her get her head together. She sat up a little straighter, "Now I need to leave - it's not safe for any of us in this city... We need to leave as soon as possible."

Shaggy
The Rev.

Post by Shaggy » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:32 am

"You can calm yourself and take some deep breaths. No one will touch you here without my permission. You have found a safe haven. This is Darkstar, and my name is Kraven. We are mutants as well." Kraven pulled some of his long black hair back out of his face when he stood back up.

The young lady looked like she had seen hell in it's truest form and he needed to find out why.

"Now why did you say it is not safe for mutants here? Is the government stepping ups it's extermination of mutants again or is there something else going on? I would it interesting that reight before you got here we were visited by another mutant named Phantom, is he was trying to make and allince with us. We do not know him and it was communicating with someone at teh same time he was communicating with us. He seemed to be an emessary of some sort for another mutant."

The girl finished her water and and Kraven motioned for Darkstar to get another.

"If there is any information you can give us, that would be helpful, but I assure you, you are safe here."

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:53 pm

Cathy looked around nervously, she'd fled the cities and told herself to stay along way from anyone, so she could see anything coming. She listened to Kraven talk, and relaxed a little. He had an air of self assured strength and duty, he seemed to truly believe she was safe here.

"To be honest Mr Kraven... I don't know much, I've never heard of Phantom, I only heard of Mesmero. He was chasing a group of us, trying to talk us into surrendering. He's extroadinarily powerful himself, he can make you hallucinate, even though you know what you are seeing can't be real, you believe it's real... I only just escaped... He said that he worked for another mutant, and that we should surrender ourselves, that we were the last mutants in the city that were not employed or destroyed by his employer."

She quiverred at the thought of the visions of hell had he'd thrown into her mind as she'd fled...

"He said she had the power to raze whole cities to the ground, and is gaining in power... All the time, moving from city to city, staying in the shadows... I.. I checked his story out too! Several large cities across the USA, one moment growing reports of mutant activity, then less, then none... I.. I think she's here... I think she's a she... Mesmero referred to her as she..."

Shaggy
The Rev.

Post by Shaggy » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:43 pm

"Well we have not ran into this Mesmero guy but I will garuntee your safety here with us. My boss is a very powerful mutant and does what he can to protect each other, even if that means protecting them from themselves or other mutants. Like I said earlier you are safe here." He turned and looked at Darkstar.

"Would you take her to get cleaned up and get her into a new pair of clothes. She will be a honored guest here in this house." Turning back to the young lady. "I would offer you more but I do not know you name?

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:47 pm

"Cathy, my friends used to call me Cathy... Erm... Some people called me Medusa... I'm not being rude, keeping the sunglasses on - it's just hard to control my power. Sometimes I accidentally activate it... I don't want to hurt anyone."

She breathed a sigh of relief, somehow, his air of confidence made her feel safe... But then images, the feeling of her flesh melting off her body and her bones cracking and splintering...

She remembered screaming, pleading for mercy, but Mesmero simply laughing at her and calling her pathetic...

"Thanks Mr Kraven, I was going to leave straight away... I was going to try to leave the country, but... I feel safe here... I'll stay for a while at least..."

Shaggy
The Rev.

Post by Shaggy » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:57 pm

"Well you are safe and always welcomed here."

Darkstar came over and took the young woman to get a shower and changed. When they left Kraven went to his phone. He first called the doctor.

"yes?"

"We need him to get better as soon as possible. There is something probably here in the city and we will need his leadership in order to take it out." He hung up the phone without a response from the doctor. He then called up some of his contacts in the street gangs around the city. He put them all up on his wall and talked to them as a whole.

"We seem to have someone coming in and messing up our productions and supplies. I will need each one of you to go and gather information. I need to know if any known mutants have gone missing and if there has been any of them found dead or alive. NExt I need to find out about a muntant named Mesmero and who he is associated with. Whoever gathers the most information that turns out to be turn will recieve a nice bonus from my employeer. That is all."

All the people dissapeared from the screen and Kraven walked back to his desk. This new threat was not something he would like to have heard about. But he know undestood about Seraphim's death. Phantom must have been working for this new threat. Bane wasnot going to be happy when he woke up.

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:28 am

Cathy had ventured to her room in Bane's tower. It was oppulent and stylish, but homely. Her first port of call was a shower, the bathroom was a luxorious white marbled affair. She undressed and stepped into the shower, savouring the feeling of piping hot water running over her body...

Safe... She hadn't felt safe in a long time... She closed her eyes and allowed the rushing water to fall upon her face. It felt so good, and she started to feel so much more relaxed...

Carefully she wiped her eyes and opened them, there, standing beside her was Mesmero, grinning evily... She screamed and swung a wild fist at the apparition, he fist slamming into the white marble. It was her mind playing tricks on her - it had to be... How could he know where she was? She dried herself and put on a towelling robe that had been provided by the Bane Corporation. After wrapping a towel around her hair she shuffled tiredly out into the main room and up to the floor to cieling window. The city was bustling stories blow, she watched the cars for a few minutes.

It had been so long... So many long nights on the run... Tiredly she walked back to the large bed and collapsed into the pillows, falling asleep almost instantly.

At the gold reserve Exor had tele-thrown Stoneman in a few minutes ealier. He raised his eyebrows at Caitlyn, "You ready?" "Hmmph, as I'll ever be..."

When she materialised in the vault, there were bodies, broken and crumpled lying about. The CCTV had been smashed and Stoneman was sitting on a huge pile of bullion, holding a bar in his hand and shaking his head, "Why does she want this destroyed? We could take some back with us!"

Caitlyn scowled at him, "I don't think that would be a good idea -Cyzor wouldn't be pleased... " Quickly she walked up to the mountain of gold bullion and placed her hands on the bars. Stoneman hopped off and ran clear. Slowly, oh so slowly the bars began turning into ice, soon the whole pile was solid ice and she moved onto the next pile.

Cyzor was sitting behind her desk, it was now well into the new day and Mesmero entered looking refreshed. "Good morning Miss Gray."

"Good morning! You've finally managed to get some sleep?" Mesmero smiled, "A little... Enough for me - how are our plans progressing?"

"Phantom has been to see Bane, nothing has come of it yet, I don't know if anything will. I didn't get the impression the meeting was an overly positive one."

Mesmero frowned, "Hmmm, that's unfortunate... Perhaps it's time to start the next phase of our plan? Do you think you are ready?"

Cyzor grinned evily as Mesmero finally took a seat opposite her across the desk, "Oh I feel MORE than ready... I feel like every power I've taken has augmented my previous powers as well. I've even had a new thought... Instead of destroying the cities, I could destroy the Moon - send it hurtling into space or vapourise it? What do you think? That would be a most adacious display of power would it not?"

Mesmero grinned at this and rolled his eyes, "Nancy, you are as imaginitive as you are twisted... However I would recommend against this course of action. The Moon plays a vital part in this planets eco-system, I can understand you wanting to rule this planet, but destroying the moon could really damage the planet... Why not start small? Destroy a district or area?"

Cyzor pondered for a moment, "Hmmm, you might have something there... Particularly if I destroyed an area or district that was considered 'less than desirable' better to be a popular dictator than an unpopular one..."

The phone rang at that moment, Cyzor picked up the reciever;

"Yes?"

"Cyzor - there appears to be a problem with the dampening field, can you come and have a look at it when you get the chance? We've had some reports of interesting captures we can make and we want to make sure it's in good order..."

Smokemare frowned at Kody and Kyle, both seemed lost in thought, "Well, what are we going to do? We can't stand out here in the street all day!"

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:49 am

"Why don't we go and see if we can find this mesmero or some more of his thugs?" Kyle suggested. Anything was better than nothing right now.

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:02 am

"Hmmm, could go after this multiplier guy... Maybe he's working for Mesmero?" Smokemare waved the file at them nonchalantly as he spoke.

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:40 am

Stoneman, Caitlyn and Exor were back in the car, speeding away from the gold reserve. All the gold had been totally destroyed. However the episode left Caitlyn with a sour taste in her mouth. More and more she was feeling uncomfortable about what they were doing. She held her tongue though, fairly sure that the others were loyal and unquestioning.

Stoneman pulled out his cellphone and called Cyzor, "This is Stoneman, we've just completed the mission."

Back in Cyzor's office she smiled as she listened, "Excellent... Make your way back to the tower." She would have to check the gold prices later, once this hit the news they were sure to rocket. As she replaced the reciever the phone started ringing again, she answered, "Yes?"

"Cyzor, we've just managed to capture a broad spectrum telepath, and this time he's compatible."

Cyzor grinned evily, this what she had been waiting for, her enemies would not be able to hide from her now. Quickly she teleported into the lab, where the hapless mutant was strapped to the medical table, various wires and tubes attached. She frowned at the lab assistants,"Why is he still sedated? You know I like to talk to people when I come to see them!"

The girl in the white labcoat frowned, "He was unnerving us somewhat, it seems the dampening field is not working properly." Cyzor scowled at this news, "Not working properly? I will have to have a look at that..."

She strode determinedly towards the large white cabinet in the corner, with louvres on the front. After unclipping a couple of catches, the front swung open, revealing a thick lead door. "Hmmm, it's not activated yet - that's your problem." The girl in the labcoat frowned, "We tried to activate it, it should be on..."

Cyzor opened a small service panel under the led door and hit a series of buttons to reset and calibrate the door mechanism. As the door swung open it revealed a young man, heavily sedated, a tube passing into his lungs through his neck, catheters and IV tubes attached. Clearly he'd been there for some time. Cyzor twiddled some of the dials on the service panel while secretly smiling at the gasp of surprise from her lab assistants. As she lowered the sedation level, the mans eyes began to open a little, despite looking dopey and groggy he started deperately, but with utter futility, struggling.

Cyzor smiled at him and stroked his forehead, "There, there dear... You're doing a good job in there! You've provd invaluable, as I knew you would... And some good news for you, we've managed to work out how to keep you like this, indefinately... We're working on a way to prevent you dieing, even of old age... I'm going to put you back to sleep now, maybe I'll talk to you again in a few years..."

She twiddled the dial and he went limp again. Carefully she closed the unit and walked back to the medical bed, "Perhaps, my pre-absorbtion talks are a little foolish anyhow..."

She extended her hands over the limp form, strapped to the bed. He started pouring with sweat and shuffling about in his straps as Cyzors hands glowed...

"Hah! It's done... Wha... AAAAAARGH! Nooooooooo!"

She collapsed to the floor gripping her head in a vice-like grip, screaming in agony.

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:37 am

Mesmero was storming through Cyzors tower towards the lab. He'd gotten the message only a few moments ago. When he entered the lab, Cyzxor was slumped in the corner, shaking softly, the dampening field was on full. He ushered the lab assistants out and knelt down beside her, "Nancy? Are you okay?"

She quivered and looked at him with pain stricken eyes, "No..."

"What's the matter?"

"The voices... The thoughts.... Millions of them, all at once... It's too much!"

Mesmero rubbed his chin thoughtfully, "He's grown up with this power and learned to control it... He was obviously a very powerful telepath, but his must be a difficult power to control. Why don't you put it back?"

"I... I... I don't know if I can, I've only reversed the process once before and it hurt so much... Perhaps I can learn to control this?"

Mesmero looked at her, still shaking softly, "I don't think you can this time... Get rid of it, put it back... Isn't the dampening field working..."

Cyzor grinned manicly, " A little, I can only hear millions of voices now... It was billions..."

Slowly Mesmero supported her and pulled her to her feet. Then he led her over to the medical bed and placed her hands over the young mans body, " Do it - you can't handle this one!"

Slowly Cyzors hands started to glow again, the body on the table writhed violently and then stopped. Cyzor was pouring with sweat and breathing heavily. Unconscious she was carried by Mesmero back to her bed in the penthouse.

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:13 am

"Where is he now?" Kyle asked looking at the file. He wanted to do something, he needed revenge for Sera. "Well if he can multiply I could use some help."

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:59 pm

Smokemare frowned, "Hmmm, I'm with you, I need to get doing something too.... It's been too much the last couple of days. Hmmm, according to his file he's been knocking off business premises around the city... He's due for another soon...."

Pondering for a moment Smokemare grinned, "I have an idea, I've only used this once before, wait a minute - then follow the plume of smoke."

Quickly he evaporated into smoke and thinned out, soon covering the whole city. After a few moments he'd located the duplicator called Xerox and a swirl of smoke appeared and started moving to lead the others to where he was about to rob. A cash and carry on 7th avenue...

Shaggy
The Rev.

Post by Shaggy » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:50 am

Kraven was behind the massive dark wood desk when a small light started to flash near the phone. Kraven pushed the button and a middles aged Latino stood there covered in tattoos. He went by the name Loco and Kraven knew him as the leader of the New York faction of a large street gang that spaned the US.

"Loco what is it?" Kraven said as he came up towards the big screen.

"We just contacted some of our associates out in Cali. They say that some mutants went missing and were never found. It seemed like mutant activity picked up for a bit and then suddenly dropped off the chart. There were a couple names dropped and I hope this helps you. Mesmero, Stoneman, and there was one more name but it hasn't been confirmed, Exor. We will keep looking for you. Now where is our reward?"

"You reward willbe delievered whne your information to proven to be correct. Otherwise keep your ear to the groud and bring me more information." Kraven spit back.

"You promised..."

"I promised you nothing until the evidence it proven true. Now do your job or one of my associates will have to make a visit to your buddies. And we both know how that will turn out." Kraven gleemed a truely superior smile. Both men knew that the street gangs could not handle Kraven and even more, could not handle Darkstar. This was a win win for Kraven. This group would get their payment but also the fear would keep them in line.

"Report back to me as quickly as possible with proven facts not hear say." and with that Kraven terminated the call.

The girl had mentioned Mesmero so that name is confirmed. This Stoneman and Exor would need some investigating. Perhaps the girl would have more information for them when she wakes up.

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:52 pm

Cathy didn't slumber for long, the sleep had been good, so much better than she'd had in what seemed like an eon. However the dark dreams had penetrated her sleep anyhow. The feeling of slowly having her skin peeled off, inch by inch until she was a quivering mass of raw flesh - then having that ripped off and her organs torn out, she remembered it so horrifyingly vividly.

She'd never met Mesmero's employer, not to her knowledge anyway. She couldn't imagine the power or ability that Mesmero would be subservient to...

She yawned and pulled the towel off her now mainly dry hair. Silently she checked the wardrobe, thankfully it had been somehow stocked with a selection of clothes of different styles and sizes. A fresh set of clothes would feel so good...

She pulled out a set of light blue jeans, a navy blue T-shirt and a small, leather jacket. They fit well considering and she was beginning to feel whole again. She pulled the sliding mirrored door to, and...

There, standing behind her in the mirror was the small oriental man with the evil grin... 'Are you ready for another session Cathy?'

She screamed and turned around... Nobody there... 'I'm still here, you can never escape me... Just because you can't see me doesn't mean I can't hurt you... Look at your hand!'

She gazed in horror at her right hand, the flesh appeared to be swelling and bubbling up, blisters forming and breaking spilling puss and blood onto the ground, then her very finger bones were crumbling and tumbling onto the ground...

She screamed at the top of her voice and ran out of the door into the corridor, then glanced at her hand.. It was normal now. She collapsed in the corridor with her back to the wall, panting heavily...

'I'm still here.... You're mine forever now... Hah! Hah! Hah!'

Smokemare reformed, he took his time giving people a chance to catch up. There inside the building he could see several identical men, simultaneously holding up every checkout. He didn't check to see if the others were following, he just muttered over his shoulder, "Oh well... here goes nothing..." And strode towards the shop entrance.

Syn_the_Stampede

Post by Syn_the_Stampede » Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:16 am

Green eyes coolly surveyed the darkened living room. A well built man with shoulder length brown hair and a long, dark trench coat began making his way around the apartment. Nothing attracted the stranger’s attention until he reached the back bedroom. There he stopped for a moment as he took in the surrounding area.

“The rest of the apartment looks as if it has been untouched for days, but not this room…” He stooped to examine a randomly strewn shirt on the floor; he guessed it was recently worn. He stood up and, after one last look around, walked to the front door of the apartment. “I think I know where I might find him.”

“Sorry about the bloody mess…” Julian said as he passed Matrix, each of his steps emphasized by the ‘click’ of the razor blades tapping the floor. “I’m going to want that special suit you promised before I go out again, you know, just incase. I’ll be in the kitchen if anyone wants me; I’m starving.”

He avoided looking at Sera’s body on the way out. He wasn’t as angry anymore, the fight he had earlier helped with that. He got a lot of his frustrations out in that battle. It was something he needed. There was still quite a bit of work ahead of him – the whole group really – if they were to catch the culprits. Losing people never gets easy and the recent deaths were whittling away at even the most hard-boiled of the group. If there was ever a time for action…it was now.

The man in the dark trench coat casually approached an ‘abandoned’ storehouse in the city’s warehouse district. He reached a side door and gave two quick, sharp raps and waited. He heard movement near the door, but it was a good five minutes before anyone answered.

“Who’s there?”

“Let me in.”

There was a long pause, then the sound of multiple dead bolts unlocking could be heard. A teenager – around nineteen – opened the door. He had spiked blonde hair with the beginnings of a goatee. Sunglasses were propped up on his forehead and he had a piercing in each eyebrow. He wore a loose fitting shirt with baggy pants; it was all finished off with the latest brand of Nike shoes.

The teen’s eyes went wide, “Kensei?! Y-you’re back?!”

The man nodded and began to make his way inside, but the teen quickly put up a hand to stop him. “Um…there have been some changes since you were gone. Some changes that I think you desperately need to know about.”

Kensei’s eyes narrowed, “Where’s Julian…?”

“You see, that’s the thing… We don’t know. B-but that’s not all! Um…the thing is – well, uh, I don’t know how to put this…”

“Spit it out, Knives!”

Knives flinched and he instinctively blurted out what was at the top of his head, “Magnum took over!”

It would have been funny, but Knives seemed dead serious, and afraid. “Magnum? The guy who could form metal over his knuckles took over from…Julian? You’ve got to be kidding me.”

“There wasn’t really a fight. Julian left the gang a few months ago – said he was going to search for you.”

Kensei sighed deeply, “I should have told him where I went…” As an afterthought he added, “And how many times do I have to tell you, we’re not a gang.”

“That’s not what Magnum believes.”

“It doesn’t matter what he believes.”

“There’s something you need to know. He, uh, he grew-“ Knives was interrupted by a large man pushing him aside from behind.

“I grew into my powers, Gabriel.” Magnum looked down at Knives who was now sprawled out on the ground. “Isn’t that what you were going to tell our old friend here?”

“I hear you’ve turned our little group into a gang. Pardon me if I don’t take kindly to that, or to you taking control in my brother’s absence.” Gabriel took off his trench coat – revealing a black muscle shirt which matched his pants and boots – and dropped it. It hit the ground with a heavy thud – dust and debris plumed where the weighted coat had landed. “I hope there are no hard feelings after I introduce you to the ground.”

The black man stepped forward and nonchalantly brushed his hand over his military style haircut – he looked as if he didn’t have a care in the world. “There’s a reason why everyone in the gang is afraid of me. I’m the most powerful here and no one, not even you, can say otherwise now.”

Knives got up and dusted himself off, then turned a defiant eye to Magnum. “Ooooh, he took off his coat. You’re gonna get it now! You know how much that weighs? More than you could lift, I bet!”

The de facto gang leader shot him a hard glance and Knives fell silent. “Oh, please. I don’t need cheap training tactics such as that. I’m strong enough already.”

“Are you done yet?” Gabriel crossed his arms and tapped his foot.

Magnum sighed, “There’s obviously no reasoning with you. I suppose I’ll have to show you how superior I am…” With that said, metal formed over his skin encompassing his entire body, even his clothes. The time for talk was over for now – he rushed his opponent. The metal didn’t seem to slow him down at all.

Gabriel dodged a barrage of furious blows from the metal giant, but he didn’t seem to tire or slow down – in fact, he was speeding up! Gabe was now hard pressed to keep from getting hit by this maniac. Duck, backpedal, sidestep, bob head back, then it happened – a wild swing clipped his shoulder. It spun him around a full two times before he regained control, but that was far too slow. Magnum slugged him right in the stomach – Gabriel skidded to a halt on the pavement after crashing through an entire warehouse. He lay still in the parking lot behind it.

A laugh escaped the metal beast’s lips as he slowly, and mockingly, walked toward his prey; the path his opponent made through the warehouse was easy to follow. Gabriel made it to his feet much faster than expected, but it didn’t matter to Magnum – he’d soon lay him to rest permanently. Cuts, fresh bruises, blood, and road rash adorned his body. He staggered once, but soon regained decent balance.

“That’s a hell of a right hand you have there.”

Magnum was almost upon him, “Still going to introduce me to the ground?” A few precious seconds later and metal was again flying at Gabe’s face.

Although he hadn’t planned on getting hit, Gabriel had purposefully allowed Magnum to go on the offensive in their first confrontation. He studied him, and learned that he was reckless with his attacks and had little defense – there was a heavy price paid for that knowledge.

Suddenly, he faltered in his defense; Magnum went in for the kill. He stepped forward and put every ounce of force into a wide, and off balance right hook. The feint worked like a charm – Gabe ducked under the punch and began working his own martial magic. A hard strike to the ribs and an elbow to the back is the only thing Magnum gained from the exchange – It was about as effective as throwing rocks at a tank. The brute swung blindly behind him and was rewarded. Pavement folded and cracked as Gabriel’s body tore a path in a nearby warehouse lot.

Knives’ jaw dropped at how badly his former leader was getting beaten. He would help, but…what if Magnum turned on him next? There would be no escape. Is it cowardice to value your own life over the life of a friend’s? As he battled internally with himself, a physical battle was still waging on the next lot over.

Gabe’s right arm dangled useless at his side, the rest of him was in a fighting stance – he was taking labored breaths. His eyes widened and he dropped to the floor just as an old and forgotten car flew overhead smashing into the building behind him. He got to his feet just as Magnum came into view.

“Am I playing too rough?” He laughed again out of spite. “How pathetic you are. To think I used to follow you. Oh, well. As much fun as this is I’d better finish you off before the police start nosing around.”

There was a fire still raging in the green eyes of Gabriel. “I’ve pushed my body as far as it can go and it’s becoming painfully obvious that I can’t beat you…”

“I’m glad you see it my wa-“

Gabriel interrupted with a smile on his face, “In this form.”

‘Uh…what are you babbling about?”

“You see, I was away helping an old friend of mine. He’s quite a bit older than me and much wiser, but along with some of his other unique abilities he can also ‘read’ a mutant’s powers. It’s really amazing. Let’s just say that my time with him was well spent – I learned a lot about myself and my powers. Oh, but I must be boring you. You still seem to want to fight so let me show you what I’m talking about.”

A burst of wind and a torrent of visible red energy enveloped his body and all of it disappeared as fast as it had come. Magnum covered his eyes from the blinding red flash, but he couldn’t believe them when he removed his hand. Gabriel stood in a clean circle, the wind and energy had blown even heavy debris away, and there wasn’t a scratch on him – all of his old wounds were gone.

“Okay, I’m ready. Hit me.”

Magnum scowled, “So? You learned how to heal yourself… I’ll just beat you down faster this time.”

The giant ran at Gabe full speed and delivered a haymaker that, if directed back at himself, would probably knock him out. The strike landed unmolested and perfectly on his opponent’s chin. The force lifted Gabriel off of his feet and sent him flying yet again. It looked like it would be a repeat of him crashing through another warehouse wall, but this time he put his feet up and stopped himself. He landed on the wall as soft as he could, only a crack or two appeared under his feet, and pushed back off. He flew fast enough to catch Magnum off guard and landed a flying knee to his midsection. It was his turn to become a living wrecking ball.

Knives saw the present gang leader crash through the building that he had originally sent Gabriel through and violently tumble across the lot. “Did Gabe get in a lucky shot?! No matter...” Orange light formed in both of his hands – the light took the shape of long daggers. “I’m gonna help him!” He threw the ‘heat knives’ at the prone Magnum. Many more followed.

Magnum shook the cobwebs out of his head and barely got to his knees before he was assaulted by searing heat. He ripped up a chunk of earth and hurled it at the new aggravation without a second thought – he knew who it was. His real enemy was emerging from the warehouse wreckage and approaching him. Acting as if it were some profound discovery by someone with supernatural strength, he tore another hunk of pavement up and flung it at Gabriel for all he was worth.

“Oh, shi…” Was the only response by Knives when he saw the rapidly approaching mass of mixed earth and blacktop. He formed two heat knives and slammed them together, then spun his left hand clockwise and his right counterclockwise – it resembled something of a large paper fan now. It took both hands to throw, but it flew with haste after it left his grasp. The ‘heat fan’ split the makeshift weapon with ease and the only thing that hit Knives was a few specks of debris.

Gabriel put all of his weight behind a straight punch and shattered the lump of parking lot as if it were glass. Before the remnants of rock even hit the ground, Gabe closed the gap between himself and Magnum. Flurries of strikes were directed at the metal giant with fierce speed and expert aim. Magnum’s only defense consisted of covering as much of his body as he could with his forearms – he normally wouldn’t even have to block, but this is the first time he’s ever been…hurt in his metal form. Perfect imprints of Gabe’s fists, elbows, knees, and shins appeared all over his body before they slowly and painfully faded away. The giant dropped to one knee.

Gabe didn’t miss a beat; he clinched his head and gave him a swift, but powerful knee to the face. Magnum was laid flat on his back by the blow and blood ran freely from his nose. He saw his enemy jump above him and come down fist first, then blackness.

Knives ran up on the scene after the fighting stopped. He gaped at the sight – Magnum was hit with so much force that his head was driven into the pavement. His eyes shot up to his former – current now – leader. “Is he… Is he dead?”

“No, but he’ll sure as hell know he was in a fight when he wakes up.”

“He’s just going to try and take control again!”

“Nah, I wouldn’t count on it. First, metal form or no, he’s going to be injured when he comes to, and second, I’m here.”

Gabriel turned his head slightly as sirens rang out – they were close. “Get him inside. Nothing good will come from the police trying to take even an injured mutant of his strength down.”

“Right, Boss. Wait, you sound like you’re going somewhere…”

He dusted his trench off and put it on. “Indeed. My brother apparently hasn’t been ‘living’ in his apartment as of late. I’m going to find him.”

“What if biggin’ wakes up while you’re gone?”

Gabriel smirked as he walked away. “He won’t.”

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare » Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:37 am

Mesmero had left Cyzor resting in her room, she would recover, he'd seen her worse when her absorbtion had gone awry before. He was now in his office, going over the databse of mutants when his phone rang, "Sir, Exors team are back from the gold reserve."

He smiled, "Good send them back to their rooms."

"Oh and sir, two more things, firstly Xerox asked me to tell you, he's going to do the cash and carry on 7th Avenue, and the new subject has just regained consciousness."

Mesmero pondered for a moment before answering, "Good, I'll be down to see him immedietly, divert any calls or appointments for Cyzor to me, she's unwell."

He clicked the reciever down and limbed to his feet before strolling towards the elevator

Peter opened his eyes groggily. The ceiling above him was white and medical looking. When he tried to get up he discovered he was strapped securely to the table. There were two lab assistants in the rool, studying some notes, he focused on them, and read their thoughts. Their whole life stories flooded into his mind, their names, families, jobs, what they were thinking of at the time... and Cyzor... and what she'd done.

"Hey! Who the hell is Cyzor? I demand to be set free!" The two white coated individuals approached the table, muttering to each other, "How does he know about Cyzor?", "Well, he is a telepath, he got it off us!", "What about the dampening field?", "It is on..."

Peter scowled at them and attempted to lift his head up, "Hey! I am here you know! Want to explain why?"

The younger of the two scientists, a girl in her twenties, gently pulled her glasses off, "You've been selected for absorbtion, however it went wrong - she wasn't able to control your power..."

At that instant Peter knew eveything, the moving around cities, the taking of powers the problems when Cyzor had tried to take his power. H was about to speak when the door swung open and a short, oriental man entered, he was dressed in a smart black suit, "Good morning, I trust you slept well?"

"Yes thanks, Mesmero, I feel quite refreshed - if you cold just undo these cuffs I'll be on my way.."

Mesmero smiled sympathetically, "Oh, I'm terribly sorry, but I simply can't do that... Let me tell you whats going to happen, you are going to work for Cyzor, being her eyes and ears in the city, in return you'll be paid well, given luxury accomodation and be allowed to live."

Smokemare strode into the cash and carry, not sure whether Kyle or Kody were with him. His anger and desire for retribution had exploded. The staff and customers were cowering on the floor while the team of copies were simultaneously emptying tills. He formed his blade in his hand and stepped up to the first cash till. The black suited man looked up, just in time for Smokemares precision swing to lop of his head... The man fizzled out in a cloud of static.

The copy at the next cash till frowned athim, "Hey... That's not nice... And it's rude... I think we're going to have to teach you some manners!"

As he spoke each copy stepped apart and became twice as many, then again. There had been nearly a dozen copies when he walked in, now there were nearly fifty advancing menacingly.

Xerox walked into the lab. The subject was screaming, Mesmero was giving him a demonstration of his power. Xerox taped Mesmero on the shoulder and the screaming stopped, "Sir, those kids that Cyzor is so interested in... They are interfering with a robbery I'm in the process of doing at the cash and carry.

Mesmero's eyes widened... "Stall them! Keep them busy!" Xerox shrugged at smiled.

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:34 am

Kyle seemed to walk in at the perfect time, a large group of copies were approaching Smoke. Before they reached him Kyle let loose two streaks of lightning that seemed to link to the copy standing next to the one struck. Nearly a dozen flashed out of exsistance when the attack stopped. When it dead almost a hundred copies appeared, and charged both him and Smoke. "Oh god." Kyle muttered as he was tackled to the ground. The copy immediately regreted the physical contact as he flashed out from the overload of electricity.

His ribs throbbed again with pain but he ignored it and got to his feet in time for a knee to strike him in the jaw. He stumbled back as that copy as well flashed out. They using kamikazie tactics just to land a hit on him! But Kyle would have none of it, as more copies came at him he shot small concentrated lightning bolts at them in quick succesion. Nearby electrical appliances exploded and fed him energy which he quickly turned into weapons and held back the wave of copies.
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
but awesome at the same time
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:24 pm

All Smokemare could hear behind him was the fizz, crackle and pop of electricity. Kyle had to be holding his own, but the man was duplicating at an alarming rate, with a screaming battle-cry Smokemare raised his weapon and charged in spinning it around him and tearing about the room faster than a huuman could manage, he was like a whirling dirvish, striking with speed and fluidity, and the numbers slowly reduced. Eventually he smiled and looked back at Kyle who was panting, but still standing and he seemed to have destroyed his quota also.

A mocking laugh could be heard though, Smokemare looked in horror out of the shop window to see hundreds more queing outside the shop. He grinned at Kyle, "I love this guy - best work out I've had in years!" With that he smoke-drifted out the door into the thick of them and began a new, every one he struck down was replaced by three more, diving onto him, tearing, kicking and punching, their blows wafting through him as he morphed in and out of smoke.

Cathy was terror stricken, she'd stayed in heavily populated places since she left Angels.. Now she was alone she couldn't stop hearing that dark voice. Tears in her eyes, sobbing and quivering she ran through the corridors of the Bane tower, tumbled on the top of the stairs and rolled down into the stairwell landing, unconscious.

Mesmero had re-entered Cyzors room, she was awake now, and sitting up in bed. He approached, "Cyzor, Xerox is being attacked by the kids, they seem intent on thwarting his robbery attempt."

Looking somewhat refreshed from earlier Cyzor grinned, "Excellent... I think it might be time to infiltrate their little group...."

Mesmero frowned, "Are you sure you're up to it yet? They have some interesting powers, if you're discovered you may have to kill them and might lose out on some powers.... Shouldn't you find out more information first?"

Cyzor shrugged,"No I think I've seen enough from the footage - you keep an eye on our friend in lab, I'll be back later to report on my findings." She climbed out of the bed and ushered Mesmero out of her room, then carefully changed out of her black suit into a set of clothes suitable for a much younger person. Jeans, T-shirt and a red leather jacket. She walked up to the mirror and smiled at herself, as she did so she became a young teenager, her hair and eyes changed colour. "Hello again Flare!"

With that she blinked out of existance and re-appeared on the street where thousands of Xerox's were charging into a small area, flashes of lightning and an occasional flashing blade could be seen. She wandered closer, 'Hmmm, Xerox has outdone himself here...' Arms outstretched she unleashed two spiralling, columns of searing hot fire, they spiralled wider and wider until they filled the whole street, burning thousands of Xerox's.

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:06 pm

Kyle wanting to press the advantage being given by this new combatant sucked in as much energy as he could and unleashed it in a massive violent wave of electricity. He couldn't count how many died but so many more were still there. It almost wasn't fair, Kyle was exhausted now, worn down by the stress of unleashing such a powerful attack. Smoke tore through the copies spinning his exotic blade around cutting them down by the score. Kyle took several more punches and kicks as he tried to absorb more energy.
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
but awesome at the same time
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:54 pm

ic:

Right before the spirlaing columns of fire engulfed the street, Kody had covered his body in flames and was engaged in hand to hand combat with at least ten copies of the man.

Once the columns hit, Kody began to feel the flames wash over him and give him renewed strength. When he opened his eyes they were glowing bright orange and he grinned a malicious grin, Blaze was back.

Along with the columns, Kody was unleashing wave after wave of fire into the already suffering copies. Suddenly he reahced his hands into the sky and pounded them onto the ground sending a shockwave into the ground which caused a small hole to open in the midst of the copies and spew fire.

He then glanced to Kyle and Smoke, "How you like extra cripsy."

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare » Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:14 am

Cyzor watched still throwing a mighty, wave of fire down the street caught the eye of one of the copies and raised her eyebrow. Suddenly the numbers seemed not to be increasing. She floated up sixty feet above the ground and strafed the remaining crowd with her twenty foot wide, crsipy copies screaming and being thrown about like rag dolls, before blinking out of existance.

Smokemare renewed his efforts too, spinning and charging around, the numbers were decreasing. The scene on the street looked apocalyptic, lightning, fire, flames, explosions... But the numbers were finally reducing!

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:21 pm

Kyle was almost out of energy, his body was in pain from the withdrawal of not enough electricity. Coupled with the fact that his ribs had taken several shots and most likely broke again and he thought his nose was broken as well. He finally just gritted his teeth and ran through a couple of the copies onto the street. It was getting remarkably hot but that wouldn't stop Kyle. He reached out for energy, any available what so ever. He was rewarded with several minor explosions from overloading power boxes and electronic devices. A nearby car's hood flew off and the battery unleash a bolt of lightning that fed into Kyle.

With his renewed energy he began to simply eradicate what was left of the copies very quickly with quick flashes of lightning that were fired simultaneously. There were almost none left now.

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:13 am

The street was heavily thinned out now. Only the smoke man and the fire dude were still battling. Cyzor walked smiling down the street, as she approached Smoke's group she unleashed a searing column of white hot fire at them.

As it struck smokemare he puffed into smoke, the heat too much for him in his physical form. She was about to turn her attention to Kody's group when smoke formed angrily next to her, "Nice shooting... Pity I'm on your side...Hmmph well I think I am - who the hell do you think you are?!"

Cyzor smiled warmly at him and lowered her hands, "The name's Flare, I noticed you seemed unable to be damaged and I wanted to help."

Smokemare glared at her, "We were doing fine thankyou very much... What's you're game anyway? What have you got against this guy?"

Cyzor stuffed her hands in her pocket and frowned, "I'm sick of other mutants giving us a bad rep... It's all you see on the news, and I'm going to put a stop to it."

Syn_the_Stampede

Post by Syn_the_Stampede » Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:10 am

I'm all for mutants being able to freely walk around unafraid, but this is rediculous.

Gabriel stood about a building or so away from what looked like a free-for-all brawl of mutants. There were a plethora of powers being used during the fight; fire, electricity, multiplying, and...smoke? It was bad ju-ju to get involved in a conflict you knew nothing about. For awhile it seemed like there was no clear victor, but the "army of one" started to dwindle. The multiplier must have been tiring; either in power or of the fight - it didn't really matter.

"When it rains it pours," Gabriel said to himself as he watched the fight come to a close.

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare » Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:25 pm

Mesmero called down to Henry in the Data section, "Henry, I've got someone you'd like to meet. He's in the lab and I think he can help you with your database, keep the dampening field on, he's such a powerful telepath - he can probably read anyone in the city even with it on. We need him to find out as much as we can on Bane's group and the other group, the kids."

"I'm on it. Where is Cyzor?"

"She's attending to some business, update the database as best you can and report back to me."

The phone clicked down onto the reciever and Henry made his way to the lab. Sure enough there was a young man strapped to the table there. Henry approached with his wireless tablet PC and database open.

"Hi there, I'm sorry they haven't released you yet - it's customary not to release new employees until we're sure they can be trusted. What I need you to do for me is to access the minds of Alexander Bane's group and the group of kids, and find out all you can."

Henry showed his screen to him and scrolled through the pictures. After a few moments Peter nodded, "Okay, I'll try... It's hard with that 'dampening field' or whatever... Everything's a bit murky - hang on...."

He closed his eyes and he focused on the Bane building. His mind wandered the rooms searching for Bane, but he couldn't... wait... He wasn't sure where, but somebody knew Bane was in some sort of ITU, unconscious... He found the next most senior person easily. He was called Kraven on the database, sitting at a desk in a plush office, he pierced Kravens mind and projected his thoughts,

'Kraven... Don't be alarmed... My name is Peter Sloane, I am talking to you through telepathy... I am a prisoner at the moment, I don't think I can escape, the people holding me want me to gather information on you and Bane's organisation... I will have to give them something, I have to warn the other group too... I want to warn you though... I don't know much, but I am being held by a powerful mutant called Cyzor... She is and old mutant, she's been around for a long time, longer than any other mutants... She started out with only one small power, the power to steal mutants powers... But she's used this power hundreds and hundreds of times... She's been travelling America for years, growing in strength, setting up base in different cities... Employing people to help her and stealing powers... she is almost unlimited in power, Pyrokinetic, Telekinetic, she can become fire, animals, water, metal, she can fly, float, teleport and grow to over a hundred feet tall, she can shoot fire, shoot lasers fromher eyes and control the weather, she can change her appearance, and she no longer ages... She has to be stopped, her goal is simple, to become the supreme ruler of the whole world by force... Her second in command is Mesmero, and his power is unique also...'

He paused for a moment, wondering whether Kraven was recieving his thoughts, he had to report something to Henry... "Henry, there are two mutants there you don't know about, a... Darkstar, she has power over light waves and can be quite deadly... Also Medusa, she can turn people to stone by looking at them..."

He projected his thoughts back to Kraven in his office, ' Mesmero can make people believe anything he wants them too, he can affect hundreds of people at the same time... He can make you feel like your flesh is falling off your bones if he wants too... I don't know the limits of Cyzors powers, she toys with destroying the world on a regular basis and I think she at least believes she can do it... I have to go now, but take heed of this warning... don't allow your mutant friends to walk the streets alone....'

"I'm sorry Henry, I can't find Bane, that's all I could get off this Kraven guy... Perhaps if we could lower the dampening field?"

Henry smiled warmly, "I'm sorry Mesmero specifically ordered me NOT to lower the dampening field - still you've been useful, Medusa is a friend of ours from Los Angeles. Cyzor will be looking forwards to meeting her again."

Shaggy
The Rev.

Post by Shaggy » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:28 pm

"God I hate telapaths!" Kraven said as he stood up. His head felt like a spike had been driven through it. "They come in suttle enough but man it hurts when they pull out." Kraven grabbed some special medication that was set for him by Bane's medics. Because of his high tolerance for pain, he had to almost take elephant tranqs for headaches.

Darkstar came in the room and saw Kraven holding himself up against a window, before she could inquire about what was going on, he raised his hands and said, "In need that girl in here now and get the doctor, we are going to wake up the boss. We need him now more then ever."

ooc>Sorry it's short but it's something we can build from

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:33 am

Flare... Flare... Smokemare rubbed his chin thoughtfully, the name rang a bell, a definate bell. He looked at the young girl with red hair and a sultry, cocky look... Then it hit him, "You're Cathy's friend? From erm, Los Angeles? I'm sure she mentioned you? And another one... Erm, Telos?"

A look of grave concern, appeared on Flare's face, then turned into excitement, "Cathy? Medusa? She's here? Telos didn't make it...But Cathy? She's here?" a look of happiness appeared on Flare's face, "I didn't think I'd see her again! That is good news... Where is she?"

Smokemare shrugged softly, "She ran away... She came here to warn us about erm, Mesmero... She said she'd seen us on the news... Wanted us to leave the city... I don't think we're going though... If someone is systematically destroying mutants in the city - then we owe it to our friends who have been killed to stay and fight..."

Flare nodded sagely, " Good for you! You shouldn't run away from problems, you should stay and fight it! I'm really keen on looking for my friend now though, perhaps I can catch up with you guys later? Do you have any idea where Cathy might have gone?"

Smokemare looked at Kyle, then Kody ,"What do you think guys? I suppose it's possible Cathy went to see Bane's group, the other group that was on the news. Do you want me to point you towards the Bane building?"

The others nodded and shrugged, Flare smiled, "Thanks, I think I noticed it before - I'll go and see if she's been there... Where can I find you if I want to find you again?"

Smokemare pointed up the road to where Seraphim met her doom, "The Matrix building, we have apartments there, you might be able to stay if Matrix will allow it.... Be careful if you go to Bane's, he's a cold hearted killer and he has some powerful and dangerous mutants in his employ..."

Flare grinned, "Don't worry, I can take care of myself."

With that she span on her heel and started towards the Bane building across town.

'This is too good to be true! Medusa is here... Fantastic... '

As she wandered off into the distance Smokemare turned to KYle and Kody, "Well, we've pretty much wrapped up this guy, should we go back and get another file?"

A short while later Flare wandered non-chalantly through the main doors of Bane's building and up to the reception, "Good morning, I was told me friend Cathy might be here, she's young, blonde hair - was probably wearing sunglasses."

"Hmmm, I'm not sure - I'll have to ask Mr Kraven, please take a seat. I'll call Mr Kraven and ask him for you."

Flare glared at the receptionist, "I KNOW she's here, I want to see her - sort it out or there will be hell to pay! She's an old friend and I insist on seeing her immedietly!"

Scowling Flare stormed over to the waiting area and sat petulantly, staring at the receptionist who was casually operating her telephone. "Mr Kraven, a young girl is here, looking for a 'Cathy' she claims to be an old friend - what shall I tell her?"

Cathy at this point was quivering and shaking, lying crumpled in the stairwell, barely conscious, in her mind she was trapped and Mesmero was taunting her. Crippled with pain, she was feeling her self being ripped apart, crushed, burned, having her eyes ripped out and her limbs torn asunder...

Back at Cyzors building, Xerox was in a bad way. His flesh was burned and bubbling, and his torso was covered in scars adn cuts. his back suit was blood stained and his fiar was standing on end, as if he'd recieved some massive electric shock.

Mesmero had already seen to him being taken to the infirmary.

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:23 am

"Sure lets go get a new target then." Kyle eyed Flare up as she left, something didn't sit right with him about her. He shrugged the feeling off, post battle stress must make one paranoid.

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare » Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:57 am

Smokemare noticed Kyle's look of uncertainty. He frowned at Kyle, "Hey, what's the matter? You think it was a bit wierd her turning up out of the blue? Hmmm, I suppose her story fits apart from one thing... Cathy seemed a lot more shook up by the affair... What were you thinking?"

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:19 am

"I'm not sure, she is just...different. Not just how she acted about Cathy and what happened but what she did. Something just doesn't sit right with me about her. Of course this is coming from a guy with white eyes and hair who throws lightning." He smiled

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:39 pm

Smokemare shrugged, "You're right of course... Unless she just a bit overcome... Cathy clearly thought Flare was dead - so the same is probably true of Flare... I don't know - she just seemed a bit... Cocky?"

He looked at the expression on Kyle and Kody's Faces.

The voice of Serenity invaded his head again,

'Marcus, fear Flare... She's more than she seems...'

'Hmmph! You again, I thought I'd heard the last of you!'

'I'll never leave you, you can hear me and you listen to me...'

'Great, so I'm stuck with you - but what's the deal are you you? Or did I just make you up from my subconscious?'

The voice fell silent, Kody and Kyle were glaring at Marcus who may have been looking somewhat vacant. "Sorry, lost in my thoughts, lets forgt Flare for now - we can warn Matrix that she's about and that she might turn up - if she turns out to be on our side then great, if not -then hey I'm sure we can handle her!"

Smokemare frowned, "Anyway - we have more work to do - which ones are we going after next?"

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:52 pm

Kyle cursed poor memory, "Which are left to stop, I uh...forgot" He smiled again desprately trying to lighten the mood.

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:29 am

Smokemare frowned, racking his brains, " Hmmm, wasn't it the Three mutants working together on jewelry heists.
Spider- Clings to walls and spits corrosive venom from mouth.
Ghost- Can become invisible at will.
Synth- Synthesises and secrets chemical compounds (ether, for instance). Want me to do my finding trick?"

As he grinned he faded into thin air and spread out, at first it seemed he'd gone totally, then after what seemed like a long time, he reformed, "Kyle, Kody - they're at their hideout, an abandoned warehouse on the edge of the docks, follow the smoke trail..."

As he spoke he faded into a thin spiral of smoke and appeared on a piece of waste ground with some ramshackle buildings in the distance.