Warlord 3.0 (Rated R)

Unrelated stories that take place in a setting besides Star Wars...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Warlord 3.0 (Rated R)

Post by Topgun220 » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:25 pm

OOC: I don't have too great of an idea of where this is going but it is open for any and all who wish to join. Simply tell me you want to join in the OOC thread which I'll make after this post.

IC: I opened my eyes, and was temporarily blinded by the sun's light shinning in through a broken window. I was forced to slam them shut and get up slowly. I slowly reopened them to see the room I was in. It was a mess, the light fixture in the ceiling was broken and there were rather large holes in the walls. Broken glass surrounded the window. 'Where am I?...Who am I!?' These where question I couldn't awnser, I tried to remember but I couldn't. It actually hurt to try. It only took me another moment to notice I was naked. Thank god no one was around to look at me. I walked over to the window careful not to step on the glass that littered the floor. Looking outside I saw a ruined city. It looked familiar but different at the same time. There were buildings lining the streets, from high skyscrappers to small apartment buildings. All of them were either half destroyed, had chunks missing, or had small fires on several floors. Rubble littered the street as well as something shiny that I couldn't quite identify from as high up as I was.

I walked over to the only door in the room, I turned the rusty knob and pushed the door open. Behind the door was another room, this one however had crates piled up on one side of the room. I walked over to the crates and removed the top off one. Inside was clothes, they were heavy and had camoflauged patterns on them. They were colored grey and black, I quickly put them on. As I took a vest out of the crate I saw a helmet underneath it. After putting on the vest I put on the helmet as well. It had a monicle on the left side that went over my eye. When I secured the chinstrap the monicle turned on and lit up into a bright green. Numbers scrolled down the small screen for a few moments then they vanished. A message scrolled down the screen and I read it carefully.

Code: Select all

Hello Jonas Lanning! Welcome to Warlord 3.0, remember that this was your choice and NAT (New Age Technologies inc.) is not responsible for any injuries you may sustain. Good Luck and put on a good show!
'Jonas Lanning? So thats my name but who am I. What do I do for a living and what the hell is this talking about "My choice" I don't remember any choice. Hell I don't even remember if I ate today.' I threw the empty crate aside and opened the seccond crate underneath it. Inside was a pistol it was chrome with a wooden grip, the monicle immediately identified it as a M1911 45. caliber sidearm. Four clips of ammo were next to it. As soon as I picked up the weapon two number appeared on the bottom right corner of the screen, 7/0, when I picked up the four clips and put them in my vest pockets the number changed, 7/28. It took me a moment to notice that it was counting the number of rounds in the weapon. There was two radios in the crate as well, when I picked them up another message scrolled across the screen.

Code: Select all

Two is better than one and a dozen is better than two. You'll need to ally with other warriors in order to survive the onsalaught. There are over one thousand warriors in the city make sure you choose the right people to ally with!
The message must have ment that I needed to find and team up with other people to survive. Though I still wasn't sure what exactly what I was supposed to survive. Nothing else was inside the seccond crate so I left the room. I entered a hallway, it was empty and like the other two rooms was dirty, with pieces of the ceiling and walls on the carpet. More shiny objects littered the floor, the monicle identified them as 9mm bullet casings.

'This can't be good.' I heard a creak behind me. Somehow I turned around and pulled my pistol out of its holster on my right thigh. Both of my hands held the pistol aimed directly at two men in black uniforms with machineguns. Both had dark faceplates covering their faces from view. The monicle Identified their weapons as MP5 submachine guns.

"There he is! Kill him!" One said. But before they could get their guns on me I slipped the safety off and sent three rounds at them. The first round hit the closest man in the chest knocking the wind out of him and the seccond round hit him again in the chest. This time it pierced his body armor and cut through his heart dooming him to death within a few moments. The third round tore through the other man's jugular. He clutched his throat in a futile attempt to stop the blood gushing out of the wound. Both moved a bit on the ground before giving in and going stiff.

'How did I...' It was all reactions, I knew what I had to do and I did it. How I knew was beyond me but I knew. Shaking the feeling off I walked over to the two corpses and took one MP5 off the first soldier and the clip out of the seccond soldier's weapon. I also took the 9mm Bereta pistol from one and took all the ammo they had on them. Both weapons had flashlights built into them under the barrels. I put the Bereta in my left sidearm holster, and held the MP5 in my hands. The ammo counter was set at, 30/120. I switched the saftey to full automatic mode as I decended the stairs. When I reached the bottom of the stairs and went through the door I enterred a lobby. A receptionists desk was against the wall next to the doorway, glass doors were infront of the desk. The glass was on the ground, I walked over the glass into the street with my MP5 in a ready position. I had a thousand questions whirrling around in my head but I could awnser none so it was pointless to try. The only thing I could do now was search for some kind of clue as to what I'm doing here and what Im here to do...

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:02 pm

I heard gunshots and screams from random parts of the city at any given point in time. The street seemed to go on forever but it all seemed strangely familiar to me. It 'felt' like I was heading in the right direction down this street. I reached an intersection after traveling a few blocks from where I woke up. There was a car wreck in the middle of the intersection. There were two big eighteen wheeler trucks turned on their sides and several SUVs and car also demolished or overturned.

I climbed atop the closest truck and looked inside the cab, there was a corpse of the truck driver inside. Bullet holes were in the window in front of him and blood was splattered about the cab. I shook my head and climbed back down the side of the truck. When I hit the ground every hair on the back of my neck raised up and my muscles became tense. I ducked behind the trailer as a round hit the concrete road where I just stood.

My heart raced and adreniline was pumping through my veins. A red dot danced across the road, back and forth all along the outline of the trailer. It was a sniper, he was waiting for me to peek my head out and then he would end me. I looked around, there had to be something that could help me. There was a piece of mirror on the ground near the cab. I picked it up and moved to the far end of the trailer. I used the piece of glass to spot the sniper, he was on the fourth story balcony of an apartment building overlooking the intersection.

Now I knew where he was, but how to kill him. I moved back to the middle of the trailer and sat down against it. 'If I could just create a distraction or do something to draw his attention away from me for a moment.' Then it hit me, I picked up a decent sized piece of rubble and threw it down near the end of the trailer. When it was halfway there I started to rise up, the rubble hit the ground and I heard a shot ring out. But I had a clear shot at the sniper now and I sent a trio of rounds that struck him in the chest. He dropped his rifle on the balcony and fell forward to the ground below. He landed with a thud and I exhaled deeply.

I didn't even bother to get the sniper rifle, I didn't want to slow myself down anymore by carrying a large heavyweight rifle ontop of everything else I'm carrying. I continued down the street, I still had no idea where exactly I was going but it felt like the right way so I continued on.