Charmed

Unrelated stories that take place in a setting besides Star Wars...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Merlin
Primal Magus

Post by Merlin » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:59 am

Phillip was still unsure of Micheal, but the book had accepted him. Besides, Phillip had overheard a portion of Micheal's conversation, and now trusted him, to a degree. "Sure... I think they're all downstairs." He led the way to the conservatory.

Petra had retreated to her laptop, and had written several paragraphs of generic filler material, hinting at revelations to come. She would have to re-write all of this, of course. She couldn't escape the images of what she had seen in her vision, though...

It had been so real. She could remember the stench of the alleyway, even the texture of the walls. Indeed, there was even something vaguely familiar about both the location, and the young woman she had seen in the vision. Her reverie was broken by her sister's voice, and she turned to regard Porsha, noting that she seemed pensive. "Yeah, what's up?"

Jade Croft
The Emperor's Hand
Location: Second Star to the right, and straight on till morning....

Post by Jade Croft » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:43 am

"I want to talk about what happened earlier today." Stepping completely into the room she closed the door and crossed over to sit on the bed. "Back..up there" she pointed in the direction of the attice. "When you blacked out on us. With this whole discussion of witchcraft and books of spells...I did not forget what happened." she looked at Petra wanting to say more but settled for "What happened?"
" They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once.." --Tony Stark

Merlin
Primal Magus

Post by Merlin » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:29 am

Petra sighed as she shut the lid of her laptop, and swiveled fully to face Porsha. "I... I don't know really. It was like a dream... like I was watching something somewhere else. I've got the nagging sensation I've seen the place too... there was a woman, she was attacked... I don't know, Porsha... it was just some kind of dream. More than likely, an escapist reaction to everything going on around me..." She trailed off, her excuses sounding weak, even to her own ears.

Jade Croft
The Emperor's Hand

Post by Jade Croft » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:04 am

"I don't think it was." Porsha denied "If what they are saying is true, then.." she took in a breath and just asked the question. "Growing up, you never showed any signs of this power...has it ever happened to you? And if it did, was it just a dream then?"
" They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once.." --Tony Stark

CEO Raith Sienar

Post by CEO Raith Sienar » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:10 am

Michael coming from the attic heard Petra and Porsha talking. He didn't want to be rude and barge in and paused at the door and listened while motioning to Phillip to be quiet.

The muffled voices made it hard to understand but he understood enough through bits and pieces that he heard. So Petra is our premonition user. Now I wonder if Porsha has any gifts.

He moved closer and listened while trying to keep an eye on Phillip. Watching his expression he smirked and whispered, "What never listened in on your sisters before?"
“I’m sitting on my ass before a legend. I guess the reports of your death have been greatly mistaken.”

Jerec Ordin speaking to Nich Dreadstar

Merlin
Primal Magus

Post by Merlin » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:15 am

Phillip shook his head and whispered to Micheal "I used to, but then they started talking about their periods and stuff like that... I had to stop." Despite this, he leaned close to the wall and listened intently along with him.

Petra shrugged slightly and said "No... well, sort of. When you were away at college, there were times that I was sure I could see you in my daydreams... and then there was the cold chill I got when our parents were killed in the crash... I never said anything about it... but I saw a flash of the accident in my mind. I thought, you know... it was just normal stuff..."

Jade Croft
The Emperor's Hand

Post by Jade Croft » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:46 pm

"Obviously you never told Dad and mom."

She knew that to be true because her parents had been so afraid that more of their children might be afflicted as their oldest had been.

She had been three when she had first learned she could do things other children could not. It had been a game to her. Moving toys about the room, making a doll spin circles as if in a dance of it's own. She had laughed and clapped her small hands at the sight, only to look confused as her mother had come in the room, dropping a basket of newly folded laundry.

She could still remember the look on her mothers face. Shock...and..repulsion. Not at her. Her parents had loved her, but at what she could do. She had found herself quickly picked up and taken downstairs to face her father's stern expression as her mother spoke quietly to him. Together they had sat her down and made her understand what had happened.

She had been cursed with an affliction

They explained to her that if she did her tricks again that something horrible would come and get her. That this evil man would come out of her closet and take her away and she would never see her parents again.

As a three year old she had been terrified. It was not until she was around six that she began to do her tricks again, in hiding from her brother and sister and never around her parents. To her then it had been a trick. She had known of witches but to label herself that was rediculous.

Then, when she was around sisteen she had seen reruns of a show, Buffie, the vampire slayer and the young woman Willow had given her a glimpse of what exactally her power was.

Then her parents had died, and she quit doing her tricks. Out of respect for them, or perhaps fear that it was punishment for disobeying their request.

But she had never imagined, nor ever seen either Petra or Phillip show any signs...none.

"What we have to figure out now is who this girl is and if we can help her? Can you describe anything about the place you saw?"

CEO Raith Sienar

Post by CEO Raith Sienar » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:34 pm

Michael heard enough as he looked to Phillip "If your sister's having visions already we need you three to learn a bit about your powers so you can control them."

Stepping back from the door he continued to look at Phillip. "You probably realized this already but your special abilities are called by your emotions. That is the trigger that will unleash them. I'll help where I can with assistance of the Book of Shadows but we'll also need help from Wyatt. You three are his charges and he can do much in assisting you three beginning with healing of wounds. I just wish you had the opportunity to learn about your abilities a bit sooner."
“I’m sitting on my ass before a legend. I guess the reports of your death have been greatly mistaken.”

Merlin
Primal Magus

Post by Merlin » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:38 am

Petra sighed deeply, searching her memory. "Yeah... it was the alley of a strip club... I don't know the name. But it seems familiar somehow... If I saw it again, I'd recognize it. I heard the word 'Morphezis', and it sounds vaguely familiar."

Phillip drew his eyebrows together and looked down at the book he still gripped tightly. Curiously, he opened the book and sat down right on the stairs to peruse it. After a few moments, his eyes lit up and he stabbed one finger at the page he was open to, "Morphezis!" He held the book up so he and Micheal could read the entry together."

Morphezis is a powerful demon-sorcerer which was bound to the netherworld for all time, by a spell. The spell can be broken if someone gatrhers seven spoiled women for a bloody sacrifice. Morphezis uses, and can give to his servants, the ability to make others fall asleep at the mention of his name. If released from the netherworld, he may not be vanquished by normal means, however the seal may be repaired with the blood of three virgins.

CEO Raith Sienar

Post by CEO Raith Sienar » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:27 pm

Michael nodded softly instantly considering a strategy to use to vanquish the demon. "Phillip. It appear you're going to get a crash course here on controlling your power." Marking the page with the demon and turned the pages of the old book of shadows trying to find something concerning the extent of the Charmed Ones.

The pages moved and came to a stop on what appeared to be a more recent write up of the Charmed Ones powers.

His hand ran softly across the name of his mother and fought to control the tears threatening to well up in his eyes as he read through the writeup. There were a total of four people mentioned. This quickly raised his eyebrows.

Prudence ‘Prue’ Halliwell (1970-2001): The oldest of us Charmed ones she inherited the powers of telekinesis as the power inherited from the Warren Line and later manifested the ability of Astral Projection. She was taken from us May 17, 2001 by a hired hitman named Shax. Shax was vanquished with the power of three after our sister Paige came forth and the power of three was reconstituted.

Piper Halliwell (1973- )The second oldest until Prue’s death. Piper’s powers inherited from the Warren line is the ability to freeze objects. Later Piper developed the ability to cause objects to explode. Many confuse these abilities as two different abilities but as Piper learned these are the same skill. The ability to freeze and blow things up is caused from the manipulation of molecules in the air. Depending on her mindset she could do either power at will but didn’t gain the control to take her power to the next level until she was able to ground herself emotionally and become confident in her abilities.

Phoebe Halliwell (1975- ) I inherited the Warren ability of premonition. I am able to see into the past as well as the future. Later I gained the powers of levitation and empathy.

Paige Matthews (1977- ) The baby of the family. Paige gave confirmation to Pipper for many things in the future. One being that she is half whitelighter and half witch she proved that it is possible and soon after the arrival of Wyatt and Chris Halliwell. Her gifts take both of her heritages and melds it into one. She is able to orb objects to here hands using a mixture of the Whitelighter teleportation and the Warren ability of Telekenisis.

Paige was responsible for allowing a reconstitution of the Charmed Ones after Prue’s death. She is a sister though we share a different father witches bloodlines traditionally pass from woman to woman hence why Paige was able to do what she did.

"Well we know what we're up against and what to expect from each other it's just a matter of learning how to tach you three to be able to access these abilities at will. Go ahead and show your sisters this along with what you have found and I'll meet you downstairs."

Jade Croft
The Emperor's Hand

Post by Jade Croft » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:09 pm

"Strip club?" Porsha raised and eyebrow. "Well, it should not be to hard to do a search of the white pages on the internet and see if there are any about the city where we can start out search." Looking out the window breifly she paused for a moment then continued "Do you think Philip should be involved in this...he...I don't know...I feel like I have to protect him...more then I protect you."

Merlin
Primal Magus

Post by Merlin » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:14 am

Petra snorted and shook her head, "Yeah, don't let him hear you say that... you know how he is about that kind of thing." Indeed, the last time Porsha had 'protected' Phillip had been during his freshman year of high school. He had been singled out by a school bully, who was a senior, and was in for some intense hazing. Porsha showed up just as the hazing was about to begin, with a baseball bat, and the bully took off screaming that it wasn't over. True to his word, Phillip came home the next day with a black eye and a bleeding lip.

"Beside... what about this 'power of three' thing? Maybe he has to be with us..."

Phillip nodded and took the book back from Micheal. He still didn't like the way that Micheal had just assumed he was now part of this family. Even more irritating was the fact that Phillip was already beginning to feel that way too. He hefted the book and walked into the conservatory, where Petra and Porsha suddenly got real quiet, and regarded him.

Oh God... Goddess? He would have to look into that one... They've been talking about me again.

"Hey, Micheal and I found something interesting in the Book of Shadows." He shuffled his feet for a minute, knowing what his sister's stance on eavesdropping was. "We, uh... well, we sort of overheard you guys talking, and I heard the name 'Morphezis'... Check this out." He handed the book over to Porsha, the marker already at the spot.

CEO Raith Sienar

Post by CEO Raith Sienar » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:37 am

Michael walked into the kitchen and spied something and grinned, “Perfect.” Raiding the fruit basket he took an assortment of fruits. Looking tossing them softly in the air he let his eye’s trace the movement and as the began to come out of there ascent and began to fall back down he pushed his thoughts forward and caught the orange in the air and let it bob for a few moments before letting it drop into his hand.

Testing it again he tossed it yet further figuring worst case scenario if Phillip unleashed the wrong power he’d cause the fruit to explode and he didn’t want to be in the direct path of the young man’s powers.

Now that he had his tools all he had to do was wait for Phillip to come down and then he’d toss the first piece of fruit by an underhand toss and watch at how he’d react.