StarGate: Unseen Forces (Rated R for language/content)

Unrelated stories that take place in a setting besides Star Wars...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Jade Croft
The Emperor's Hand
Location: Second Star to the right, and straight on till morning....

StarGate: Unseen Forces (Rated R for language/content)

Post by Jade Croft » Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:39 am

OOC: This thread is closed, by invite only

Captain Richard Chevez was afraid. Not for himself. No. He was military born, raised, and trained. A lineage of military men. Grandfather and Great-Grandfather career Army, his father Career Navy. He remembered their hesitance when he had spoken of his desire to join the Air Force. He wanted to become a pilot. Fly the big ones. Become the hero who flew in with his plane and saved the day, just like that Anakin kid in one of those Star Wars movies. He was a good pilot, a damned good one. But that had become such a small part of his life. Ten years ago he had been assigned to a top secret project. StarGate. It had it's ups and downs, and the downs were bad. First the Jaffa, then the Replicators, now the Ori. Oh, but the ups...they were so high the downs seemed small and insufficient to matter. The worlds he explored, the things he learned.

Shifting his weight to his left side he grimmaced in pain. They had got him bad. He knew he was loosing too much blood to hold out much longer. Where were the others from his team? Dead already? Tortured by that....thing out there.

Shit! Why had'nt they followed protocol. It had seemed right then. Like something in his mind telling him to make that step. To step forward and....How long since they had checked in with StarGate command...two hours overdue? longer. He could only hope the next team which came through did not fall to the same trap they had, or heaven help them all.
" They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once.." --Tony Stark

Jade Croft
The Emperor's Hand
Location: Second Star to the right, and straight on till morning....

Post by Jade Croft » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:15 pm

Cheyenne Mountain, Colorado

Lt. Col. Alyssa Winnesheik sat watching the show before her. She had taken the opportunity to use her leave time and go into Colorado Springs to visit her girlfirend, Crystal. What was supposed to be a simple, quiet meal at the local Outback turned into a quick bite at Taco Bell and a the rest of the night at The Blue Danue', one of the lesser know but perhaps most popular Karoke bars. She had put up the token protest at first but deep inside she was ready to kick back and shake loose.

She had been in the Airforce for fifteen years now, the past eight of which had seen her transferred to the StarGate project. It had not been easy over the past years to keep secrets, some of which left her awake nights wondering if humanity on earth would survive. Over the years though she had learned to adjust, making few friends outside of command. Crystal was one of the few she had. What Alyssa lacked in social graces Crystal made up for and very seldom did they ever leave the bar without a couple of single men in tow. Crystal had been married and divorced now three times. Three times and three children. Three more in both categories then Alyssa. But that had not seperated them as friends...hell Alyssa even babysat for Crystal. One night with those three and she was more then ready to claim she would never be a parent. Goa'ulds scared her less then three children fighting over the last peice of pizza.

"He's a hottie" Crystal nudged her friend as she spoke. Alyssa, or Ally to Crystal, shifted her gaze across the room to the latest "star" on the stage. Tall, Dark, and handsome...as long as he did not open his mouth and sing, she thought as he fell into a horrible rendition of You've lost that loving feeling.

"Yeah" Alyssa wrinkled her nose. "If you can plug his mouth."

"I can think of a few things to plug it with." Crystal elbowed her friend and took a sip of the beer she was swigging.

"Yeah. Me, I'd wouldn't kick that one over there out of my bed. Look at him. He's..." she paused as her phone vibrated against her hip. "Hold on." she flipped the phone open and spoke quietly for a moment then let it fold back before sliding it into her pocket and standing. "Got to go Crystal. Duty calls." she picked up her coat and bag and made her way out of the bar. Crystal had become used to her friend leaving early. She knew Alyssa was a Doctor, she presumed the usual, and Alyssa left it at that.

Well, at least one of them would have a good night, Alyssa thought. Pity she thought as she climbed into her little Jetta, and left the parking lot heading back to Cheyenne mountain. The phone call had been brief. Her squad was being called in for a breifing. She would not know more until she as back at command center. But whatever it was it was not good. Of that she was sure.
" They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once.." --Tony Stark