Mutants Inc.

Unrelated stories that take place in a setting besides Star Wars...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:52 pm

Kyle was about to grab Sera's hand with his bloodied right hand but stopped himself. He quickly reached in his pocket and with quivering hands put on his rubber gloves so he wouldn't kill his rescuer. "Don't touch my skin or you'll fry." He grabbed her hand as he began to feel his strength fading away, almost eroding. He never thought of how good it was that he had a friend with the power to fly until now. Turely she seemed like his guardian angel. Sweeping down to pick him up battered and broken. Kyle prayed that Sable,Marcus, and Serenity were having better luck than he was. Or at least weren't shot yet.

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:54 pm

ic:

Kody was a block away from the church when he saw lightning arc into the sky. "That has to be Kyle," he thought to himself.

Jim ran alongside him, staying even with Kody even though he was faster. Once the brothers reached the church they saw Aurora, or rather Darkstar now, begin to funnel the light and change it's color.

"Kody, they're in trouble, it's time to act," Jim said as he slowly began to be covered with a light grey glow. At the same time, Kody began to fire himself up and his eyes turned to yellow.

"Let's go Jim, these humans need to pay!" Kody then exploded into the sky and as he was above the police attacking the other kids he began to harness his energy and he propelled himself towards the ground like a giant fireball.

Once he hit the ground the fireball around him exploded and sent a shockwave out in all directions. Now it was Jim's turn to act; even though he was only trying to stop the men not kill them he still used his full powers. He made two icicles in his hands and threw them like knives at two men aiming at Kody. The icicles bounced off one man's armor but the other found a weak spot in the back of the neck and went through the man's throat.

However, one trooper turned to Kody and fired a gas at him the attempted to bond with the oxygen and kill his fire while suffocating him. Kody fell the ground as his fire slowly shrank.

"Kody!" Jim yelled as he ran towards Kody, but a blast of fire erupted in front of him, stopping him.

"A flamethrower?"" he thought, "Wait, that's it!"

He then threw two more icicles at the man with the flamethrower and was rewarded with a blast of fire coming his way. Once he saw the fireball, Jim jumped in the air with the fire trailing him, but once he landed he was behind Kody and the flames washed over Kody, giving him new strength.

However, once again, with the massive energy from the fire, Blaze was unlocked from deep inside Kody.

Blaze's eyes shot open as he had the fire swirl around him, increasing his energy. The flamethrower operater then realized his error and turned off the weapon trying to stop the fire from reaching Blaze.

"Thanks for the reboot," Blaze sneered.

He then extended his arms out to his sides and brought them together in a clap which extended a wave of fire towards the man. The flames washed over the napalm chamber and made it explode in a giant fireball.

The sense of power gave Blaze even more strength as he harnessed the explosion and added it to himself. Turning himself into a walking apocalypse, Blaze protected himself with a wall of fire and began to cover the troopers in flames, melting away their armor.

Suddenly the man with the fire suppresant took aim at Kody and fired the trigger. But, nothing came out, he inspected his weapon and the chamber was frozen.

He had no time to see the frozen fists of Jim Jackson as they impacted on his armor. With each punch, Jim froze the armor more and more until finally he could feel the man inside shivering. Jim smiled an eeire smile as he could feel the snapping of the armor under his punches and the feel of the man going into shock from the cold.

Something inside him came alive, he began by trying to save those he knew from before, but he ended up becoming a blizzard of destruction as he tried to make the men suffer for attacking these kids and attempting to kill his brother.

He began to understand Bane's words on humans, they didn't understand us, they wanted us to die.

That was about to change as Jim shed his old name of "Deep Freeze" and dubbed himself, "Whiteout."
McCaffery: There are creatures in the deep you couldn't imagine in your worst nightmares.
Arthur 'AC' Curry: Oh thats reassuring. Thanks a lot.

"When someone stands in the way of justice, you simply walk up behind them and stab them in the heart" Ras Al-Gul - Batman Begins

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:15 pm

Marcus eventually had formed into total smoke, in the battle several mens armour or face plates had been pierced, allowing him to enter them and choke them from the inside out. He'd spent time drifting slowly from one to the other, it was hard and he recognised a distinct lack in his ability, these troops were well enough equipped that unless he could harness his powers better his attempts to fight would prove futile.

Fighting...

Such a long time ago he'd participated in fighting. He'd been a respected Muay Thai fighter at his local club. He'd won fight nights, he'd been tipped to become an instructor. After he'd gone to Uni he hadn't the time though, within weeks he'd stopped completely. It had felt good to fight he mused, and he felt better now. There was something new in himself, he was beginning to feel clearer and stronger.

He sensed one of the troopers, their armour damaged and torn lining up to shoot the dragon man. Without forming solid he slammed himself - a thick plume of black smoke into the mans suit, filling his lungs as far as he could. As the man chocked and dropped his weapon, Marcus willed himself with ferocious intensity, into solidity.

Chunks of blood and flesh exploded outwards and Marcus was left standing solid in a pool of gore and blood. His head clear for a moment he scanned around, Sable had gone - in the bedlam that had occured she'd somehow left.

'Damn, just when things start to be sorting themselves out and I think I've found some friends they go and disappear on me... No matter, I'll find them...'

He faded into smoke, feeling euphoric and powerful. Leaving the churchyard in a blume of billowing black smoke he drifted to the high roof tops and solidified. Panting with exhaustion but euphoria he strolled to the edge and peered down. Desperately he scanned around for the others - but to no avail. He was alone again. this time he was stronger though, his mind sharper...

He sat silently on the rooftop and contemplated his next move.

Merlin
Primal Magus

Post by Merlin » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:54 pm

OOC: Okay, since I am a dumbass, I needed to totally rework my last post. Essentially, forget everything from the second set of asterisks down... so here's Sable's post... one for Darkstar coming.

IC:

As the bullets came and came, Sable was beginning to wonder how much more ammo these guys had. She had to find Serenity, had to make she was safe. But she couldn't move, bullet-beaten as she was at the moment. Finally, two of the veritable streams of bullets stopped, and she took her oppurtunity to move.

She got to her feet, and dove behind a large headstone, hoping it would give her cover, so that she could move relatively freely without the force of a hundred bullets shoving her 94 lb. frame all over the place. She overestimated how far she had to go, though, and slammed shoulder firsts into the headstone.

BOOM!!!

Fragments of marble went flying everywhere as the headstone exploded as if it had been hit with a mad jackhammer. Sable, on the other hand, found heself being thrown away again, this time she slammed into the pavement of the road that ran in front of the church. From where she was, she could see Seraphim and Kyle, making good their escape. She seemed to hear Seraphim shouting her name, but she couldn't make anything out past the sound of the melee in the cemetary.

Serenity... where's Serenity? She was frozen with indecision, not knowing which way to go. She was far from an expert tracker, nor was she psychic, nor did she have a radio tracking device. She was impotent, at least in finding her sister. She spun, facing into the cemetary again. Evidently, the soldiers had forgotten about her, perhaps they thought she had self-destructed when she slammed into the headstone. She ran back to the side of the church, taking cover in the shadows there.

Okay, she had headbutted the soldier and he had exploded. Sort of. She had slammed into the headstone, and it too, exploded. She had never been a brawler, so didn't know what kind of power she had. But wait, she had clocked her father in the head with a bat... if she were truly that strong, then she should have taken his head off with the blow. So.... she looked at her hands, wondering if it had something to do with the touch of her skin. She had been wearing an off-the-shoulder halter when she had slammed into the tombstone, and her head was similarly uncovered for the headbutt, unless she counted her pigtails.

So she punched the wall, as hard as she could. And again, and again, but there was no boom, no major damage. Well, probably for the good, this was a church, after all. Maybe it needed her anger, or frustration, extreme emotions. Serenity... have to find her. The thought was sufficient to bring up the feeling of frustration and anger. She wound up her next punch like Popeye did in the old cartoons, and let it fly.

Nothing. So she went off, punching and kicking the wall for a long moment, wanting to (but refraining from) be screaming the whole time. It only took a few moments before she was worn out from the effort, and slapped the wall with her open hand, this time totally frustrated at her inability to repeat what she had done.

boom...

This time, the explosion was only enough to knock a brick loose, and shove her back a foot or two. It hadn't made that much noise. She could only assume that this meant that either her control over this aspect of her power was tenuous, or maybe it needed time to recharge. Recharge...

Now she knew what she needed to do. She ran back to the cemetary and scrambled over the wrought iron fence. The she realized that there was no longer any gunfire, and that the soldiers had seemed to retreat. The demon was nowhere in sight, and neither was Marcus. Some leader she made... she couldn't keep track of her own sister, and now she obviously couldn't keep up with Marcus, whom she had specifically asked to come with her. She was a loser for sure, but it wasn't going to stop her from trying.

"Marcus?" She probed the very early morning with her voice, trying to be both loud and quiet at the same time. "Marcus?"

The cemetary was a site of carnage now..., frozen, burned, and torn asunder bodies lay everywhere, as well as one pulverized one. She had no time to ruminate on what she had done, not yet. She knew she would have to think about it, but not yet, damn it, not yet.

"Smokey, you better not be playing hide and seek with me!"

Merlin
Primal Magus

Post by Merlin » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:12 pm

Darkstar smiled, a malicious, hate-filled smile. She threw her blonde/black hair back with an arrogant model-toss, and said, "And I have the perfect gift to prove my loyalties." She giggled, the same giggle she had used as as the leader of her cheer squad, but the facial expression was far different. Before she could offer her thoughts, though, she noticed Serenity.

"What's Sable's sister doing here? She's not even mutant." She could feel herself charging up, she wanted to fry the little bitch where she lay, just to make Sable hurt. "I'll kill her for you."

Kraven stopped her with one strong arm, and Bane chuckled, as if pleased. "Good, good. But she is a mutant, my dear, and one with a very special power."

Darkstar accepted this, but didn't seem happy about it. "Very well... but I hope you don't expect me to be in the same room as that bitch Sable. Even if she is a mutant, she's an insolent beggar with delusions of grandeur..." She shut up then, thinking that she was being to open with her tongue. But it felt good... to no longer be afraid of her opinions, to be bold in the use of her power. She stood beside Kraven, looking at him with admiration for what he had done for her.

"As I said, Bane... I have a gift. You see, my father has roughly the same amount of money as God... probably almost as much as you. I know you to be wealthy, powerful. But all men could use more, of both. And I can hand you those... but I need a mask when I am dressed like this. Give me a month, and I'll ensure that my daddy's will is all in order, or he'll willingly sign over his company to me. Either way, as soon as it's mine, it'll be yours. My gift to you for freeing me from my," her lips twisted in a hateful sneer as she said the next word, "human weaknesses."

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu » Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:19 pm

ic:

Blaze set down behind Sable, "Smokey? Sounds like you found a new friend."

Sable spun around as she heard the voice, "Sorry Sable, I didn't mean to scare you," Kody said as he slowly regained control of his body.

"Looks like we got here just in time for the fun," Whiteout said as he approached from behind a crypt. His eyes slowly returned to their usual light blue signaling Jim was retaking his body as well.

"So where did you guys go when the police showed up? We all got seperated," Jim asked.

"Yea," Kody added, "We followed Kraven and Aurora."

Jim looked into Sable's eyes, "Is everyone ok? We saw lightning but no Kyle."

Kody then interupted, "What about you? Are you ok?"
McCaffery: There are creatures in the deep you couldn't imagine in your worst nightmares.

"When someone stands in the way of justice, you simply walk up behind them and stab them in the heart" Ras Al-Gul - Batman Begins

Merlin
Primal Magus

Post by Merlin » Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:40 pm

Sable threw her arms around Kody when he appeared, not minding the dying flames around him. "Serenity!" She shouted, "I can't find my sister,
she clarified, remembering that the brothers had not been there. "And Smoky is Marcus, a mutant that caught up to us here in the church. Guys, did you see Sera and Kyle leaving? Maybe they had a little girl with them?"

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu » Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:47 pm

ic:

Sable had suprised Kody when she threw her arms around him, "A little girl?"

He turned to Jim, "Didn't Kraven find a girl before we showed up here?"

Jim nodded, "Yea, Kraven found her and took her to see Bane, she didn't look good."

Kody then turned to Sable, "Yea, she's with Kraven, Bane, an-" he suddenly stopped and turned to Jim wide eyed.

"Jim..."

"Oh shit," Jim muttered, "Sable, Aurora, or Darkstar or whatever she's calling herself is there too...."

"This isn't good" Jim thought

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:41 pm

Marcus was almost day dreaming. Sat alone on the roof in silence, he felt... Different... Something had definately changed. His eyes felt relatively normal, his breath was not painful... What the hell had happened to him?

'Gah! I need a drink... Well, no I don't.... Odd... I've just changed and I don't need a drink? What the hell!?'

He also felt more in control, he held his hand in front of his face and smoke formed it, when then his arm, but keeping the shape of his arm. When the smoke reached his black polo shirt he focused, concentrating, seperating the cloth and his flesh and smoke formed his arm only.

Slowly, painstakingly he began to smoke form more and more, but trying not to smoke form his poloshirt. Soon enough the black shirt tumbled to the ground and all that was left was a black swirl of smoke.

'Hah! What the hell has happened to me?! The CONTROL! Damn this feels good!'

Quickly he smoke formed his shirt and reformed whole, wearing the shirt as if he'd never taken it off. 'I wonder why I'm able to take my clothes with me?'

He strode back to the edge of the roof top and peered about the streets, all was quiet again. He couldn't spy Sable or Kyle, or any of his new found companions.'Go back to the church? Maybe there'll be more troops there... Gah! If only I could be more effective... I used to be able to fight, now I... Why can't I even hit anything!?'

In test to his thoughts he lined up a punch at the concrete wall around the building ledge and slammed a punch into it. As he struck his arm swirled into smoke. "Damnit!"

He tried again, a little slower, to the same effect. This continued until he he eventually managed a soft tap with his knuckles that he barely feel. Carefully he tried again a little harder and it struck again. Feeling mroe confident he tried again, a tiny touch harder... And his arm formed into smoke. 'Well, there's hope... If I can hit things... Hmmm, what's this?'

A tatty raged newspaper front cover had blown over to him. The main story was about a statement made by Professor John Bates, an expert in mutations and biochemistry. Marcus had not read anything in a long time and it tedious and difficult to read, but the article was interesting. This Professor John Bates was campaigning for mutant rights and pressing for the scientific community to help these people, stating that they had skills and powers that could advance mankind faster than ever before.

Professor John Bates read like he had a profound understanding of mutation and he could be the man to help Marcus out. Marcus held the paper and concentrated on smoke forming the clipping, simply his hand formed and the paper floated gently to the ground. Cursing under his breath he folded it neatly and stuffed it into his shirt and formed again, this time the paper flopped onto the ground again, ungracefully. Getting frustrated Marcus breathed heavily on the paper and rubbed his skin over it, then smoke formed into it as much as he could, then solidified and drew a deep breath.

He stuffed it into his shirt and formed... This time, the paper did not drift to the ground... 'Interesting... But how does this work?!'

Gazing about the city Marcus searched for a solution. The university campus was a few blocks away. He ran to the edge of the building and leapt off, forming into smoke as he did. When he arrived at the campus he drifted straight for the computer room. Top floor of the technology block. He seeped throught the ventilation system and formed under the security camera. This late at night the room was closed - ideal for his purpose. Reaching up he ripped the wires from the back of the camera and took a seat at one of the stations. He logged onto the internet and began searching for papers by Professor John Bates. There was a lot of them. Patiently he began loading each one and reading through it, sentence by sentence, trying to take in every detail...

It would be a long night and it he had to leave to make his escape - well so be it!

Merlin
Primal Magus

Post by Merlin » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:28 am

"Kraven?" Sable thought for a moment, "He was the big guy that showed up at the rally just before the police. I think I saw him out here again, but I'm not sure, in all the commotion." She didn't know what to make of Aurora (Darkstar???) being involved, but the name 'Bane' didn't sound too nice.

"This Bane, is he a friend of yours?"

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:21 am

ic:

"Bane is Kraven's boss, I wouldn't exactly call him a "friend," but he's actually been looking for you," Jim explained.

"The thing is," he said as he pulled Sable aside, "he does something to you, I mean, look at us, something happens to us everytime we fight."

"I'm not saying he did it directly, but listening to him he can concince you of anything, hell, I started to believe him about how humans are scum."

Jim looked down to the ground as he finished, "I know he's already got Kody, I can see him loosing control to this "Blaze" inside him. I mean I'm starting to feel it. The thing is I'm not too sure your sister being with him is exactly a good thing."

Merlin
Primal Magus

Post by Merlin » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:47 am

Humans are scum....

Well, some of them were, Sable had to admit, but the idea of Serenity being in company with someone with that much hatred in his heart alarmed her. "Yeah... I don't think it's a good idea either. You know the way back?"

Jim nodded, and Sable nodded. "Good. I think Sera and Kyle are already at the gang house we met in yesterday. I need to let them know what's going on... and then I'm going to pay a little visit to this Bane guy..."

The trip through town didn't take that long, with Sable's knowledge of back alleys and thruways. Within a half-hour, she was stepping up the creaky stairs of the house, noting no lights within. Well, maybe they had decided to stay in the dark...

She opened the door to the house and took one step inside, and stopped short when she felt cold steel press against the nape of her neck. She wasn't scared, but very curious. She turned her head back to look at who had just put a gun to her. "Zero?"

The young black man grimaced in the dim light that filtered in from inside. "Shit, Sable. Thought you was one of those supercops that Spec' told me about."

"She's here?"

"Yeah, got here just five minutes ago. Said you would be coming, but maybe the cops would be too. You know how it goes..."

"Yeah... Hey, Zero, this is Inferno and Deepfreeze. I think you might have met at the rally?"

Zero looked at the brothers. "Yeah, but we didn't ger acquainted... Deepfreeze, huh? So you a fellow ice-brutha, then?" With his question, Zero's whole body became covered with frost, and the room's temperature dropped about fifteen degrees.

Sable chattered her teeth and muttered, "Damn, Zero... I hate it when you do that. I'm going downstairs." As she walked toward the basement door, she idly wondered how long it would take for Sera and Kyle to get there.

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu » Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:43 am

ic:

As the temperature dropped, Jim slowly began to glow a light grey as a small barrier of ice formed around him, "Yea," he laughed, "I guess you could say that."

Suddenly Kody combusted and his body was on fire, "Ahh....much better."

Jim could only smile at his brother's antics; or at least the antics of who he hoped was still his brother. "Let's go downstairs, we should wait for Kyle and Sera," Kody said as he made his way to the basement.

Once they were all downstairs, Jim pulled Kody aside, "Kody, we need to talk."

"What's up bro?" Kody asked.

"Listen,we both know about what happens to you when we fight, you take on another personality altogether."

"But you know I can't control-"

"Kody, realx. It's ok, I know you can't control it, the fact is I've started to feel the same way, there something about us, something inside us that's trying to break through," Jim explained.

"All I'm saying is to be careful, Kody. I don't want to lose you to some freak thats living inside you."

"I understand, Jim," Kody said as he threw his arm around Jim, "You're big bro is here for you."

Kody then ruffled Jim's hair as Jim said back, "Only by two seconds."

"Yea," Kody responded, "but that's a big two seconds.

"I hate you, Kody."

"Love you too, Jim."

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:27 pm

Alot of the papers published by Prof. John Bates were very difficult reading for Marcus. Various diagrams of DNA strands and cells with notes and scientific babble covered most of the pages.

However he'd written alot, and some of his papers were based on actual case studies of living mutants. One paper particularly caught his eye, it was about a mutant who could turn into liquid and back. Scanning the page he picked up the statement " Interestingly the subject is able to liquifiy the clothes he is wearing. My theory on this is that wearing clothes for any extended period of time leaves trace epithelials and DNA signatured cells. I have done various experiments with..." Marcus sat back and pondered what he'd just read.

'So if I work the same way and I get living cells with my DNA signature in them, into something it's possible I could take things along? Hmmm.... I'm going to need some money from somewhere.'

He sat back and rubbed his chin thoughtfully, 'Where to get some money?' Nothing sprang immediately to mind... There must be a way for a man who can turn into clouds of smoke to make some money? He didn't like stealing and didn't want to do anything illegal, he felt he was already in enough trouble with the authorities.

Suddenly a thought struck him, he knew how to make some serious money in a way that was morally acceptable. Putting his thought aside for a moment he opened another internet explorer and seached for blacksmiths who could make custom weaponry. There was a long list, but one stood out, he claimed to be able to make historic and functional weapons completely to order with every part including the blade hand made custom.

He took note of the name and the address, it wasn't far... As he studied it he heard heavy footsteps on the stairs and saw lights coming on below. Quickly smoke forming he drifted out of the ventilation system into the night, leaving his searches on the computer for any pursuers to see.

The cloud drifted down through the streets, up back alleys and settled through the door of the brightly lit, "El Dorado Casino." The atmosphere inside was smoky and dim, making him well camouflaged. Carefully he drifted into the toilets and reformed. His attire was not up to the usual standard of the casino - but he'd drank here before, a long time ago and he knew there was no dress code.

Silently he walked into the Casino attracting no attention, what he was going to attempt was both new and prolific. It would require almost ultimate control and would have to be very surrepticious.

Wondering the tables, he looked for a gamer who had won a great deal. Sure enough there was a large man at a Texas hold em' table, with a mountain of chips in front of him, he'd clearly had a good night. He was in his late sixties and was smoking a fat panama cigar. Marcus approached him as he was pulling his chips off the table.

"Good grief! You're having a good night!" Marcus exclaimed to him. The man smiled as he filled his casino bags with chips, "Had a good night young fella, the trick is knowing when to stop. Either your luck runs out or the Casino owners patience does..."

Marcus grinned at the man, "Sounds like good advice... Hey, you must have thousands of Dollars here?! Don't suppose you could slip me a chip? Maybe it'll bring me luck?"

The man had finished filling his bags and was ready to cash in. He puffed on his cigar and blew thick smoke at Marcus face," Sure, here, have a couple! Good luck!"

Marcus grinned at the two five dollar chips in his hand, this man had been playing reasonably high stakes and he had to start low. Once the man had left he sauntered over to the chip counter and asked to exchange his two five dollar chips for one dollar chips. The teller obliged him and he was ready to find a game. He started on the low stakes, black jack tables...

Taking a seat opposite the dealer he placed a chip down and asked the girl to deal. She smiled at him and slid two cards fromthe shuffler at him. and Dealt her own two cards. Marcus rested his left eye on his left palm and his left elbow on the table, "Hmmm, can you give me a minute to think?" He picked up his cards in his right hand and studied them, two queens...

As he did this he smoke formed his left eye and allowed the smoke drifted unseen into the atmosphere of the club. Carefully he drifted it back onto the table thinly, and hiding his missing eye with his palm. The smoke drifted onto the base of the table and Marcus could immedietly sense that the dealer had a Jack and a nine. His smoke formed eye drifted into the shuffler and immedietly he sensed the next card was a seven.

Grinning he pushed all his chips forwards, "Stick, and I'll bet everything." The dealer frowned and turned her cards over. She had to hit until win as dealer and drew the card - the seven... Bust! Chips were slid across the table to Marcus who kept his smoky left eye socket well hidden and silently continued the game...

As the night drew on a pile of chips started growing on Marcus's table and a small crowd had gathered to watch...

RileyKenobi
Supergirl

Post by RileyKenobi » Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:33 pm

Kyle was heavier than Sable had been, but Seraphim knew she could carry him. He said something about not touching his skin, but Seraphim shrugged as she picked him up, lifting gently off the ground with heavy wingstrokes.

"Can you help me find the house? I haven't been there before, but you have," she said, looking down as she gained altitude. "I'm taking us over the bridge now."

Seraphim was worried about Kyle; he was bleeding heavily from the lower half of his body, and he was also wounded in the shoulder. The elevation was helping, but he needed medical attention. Unfortunately, a hospital would not be the best choice at the moment.

"Kyle? Can you see the house from here?"
Stop blowing holes in my ship!

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:58 pm

Kyle quickly scanned the area in front of him. It took a few secconds but he saw the hideout. "Over there." He said pointing with his good arm. Sera swooped down in front of the bulding. Kyle opened the door and stumbled inside. Sera came to help him but he continued on not waiting for her to help. It wasn't anything personal but Kyle didn't want to burden anyone with himself. He barely was able to walk into the room where he heard some voices.

He stumbled to the doorway and leaned on it. He was losing a lot of blood and deep inside he knew he was already dead. He couldn't go to a hospital for treatment, those commandoes or agents or whoever they were would find him there and kill him. Everyone's gaze in the room was fixed on Kyle as he clutched his leg and shoulder with blood stained gloves.

This is who he had died for, or was about to die for. He looked at each one in the eyes. He had failed them, he didn't know how he did but he felt as he did not perform his duty like he should have. He was too arrogant and wasn't expecting the commandoes that attacked. He felt his strength leave him and the electrical field around his body drop, for the first and possibly the last time. His white eyes turned into an deep ocean like blue. His hair darkened into a dark shade of grey.
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
but awesome at the same time
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts

Merlin
Primal Magus

Post by Merlin » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:18 pm

"Kyle!!!" Sable shouted and ran over to her fallen freind. "Oh god... this is my fault... we have to do something!" She looked around at the others, a wild look in her eyes. "We have to get him to... to..." She already knew that a doctor was not going to help here. "We need Serenity..." She stood up, and whirled to face Kody and Jim.

"We need to get Serenity," She looked down at Kyle, "No, scratch that... we need to get him to Serenity before he dies. She can help him, I know it!"

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:29 pm

Kyle looked around partly dazed, he noticed serenity was gone. He was filled with anger as he tried to hole himself up. But he couldn't all strength was gone he felt like sleeping and he laid against the doorway again. "It's not your fault Sable, this was my choice. If I had the chance I would make the same one again. It's my fault actually, I'm the one who said the church was safe to hide in." He smiled at her. "I'm so sorry. I failed you all." His eyes fluttered shut and he faded into darkness. Whether he would ever wake up again was something he had no choice in.
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu » Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:33 pm

ic:

Kody watched in horror as Kyle's eyes closed in front of him and he slumped to the floor. "Jim! We need to get her sister! He'll die!"

"Kody, relax!" Jim interrupted, "You stay here with them and I'll get Serenity, I remember where Bane was and I'm sure Serenity is there too."

He looked into Kody's crimson eyes, "Everything will be alright, trust me."

Kody could only nod as Jim turned to walk out the door and take off towards Bane's building. Jim remebered getting in the elevator but he knew Kraven has his eye scanned before it worked. "How am I supposed to get up to the Penthouse?"

Suddenly, Jim remembered a power he experimented with when he was younger. He stood out on the sidewalk for a few seconds before he ducked into a nearby alleyway next to the building and crouched down. Then, with all the strength he could muster in his legs, he pushed off and sent himself flying up into the night sky. He could never fly like his older brother but he sure as hell could jump; a trait they always fought about when they were young.

Within a few seconds he was up on the roof, using the walls of the alleyway to rebound off each other until he reched the top. Turning towards the door into the building Jim tried it and it opened so he made his way down the stairs and into the building. After two flights of stairs he reached a door marked, "Penthouse." However, it was locked, so he grabbed the doorknob and focused his cold into the door until it began to have frost grow over it, it was then he knocked the doorknob off the door and pushed it open.

The room was dark, and Jim proceeded with caution, "Serenity?" he whispered, "are you in here?"

ooc: Shag I'm assuming Bane would have an alarm that would go off if he broke in through a door so if you want you can catch him off guard...and if you're on MSN I'd like to talk to you

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:16 pm

Marcus had been playing well, knowing the next card and both hands before they were revealed made the game rather easy. Within a short period of time he had acquired a small mountain of chips and several Casino officials had approached the table.

"This game is over, card counters are not welcome here sir."

Marcus shrugged, he thought he'd done enough anyway, "I can assure you I'm not a card counter, I've just been lucky. Still, if you want me stop that's fine."

The suited official scowled at,"We don't want you stop, we will not ALLOW you to continue - take your chips and leave quickly or we may take further action."

'Oh God... Why isn't it working!?' As the conversation had developed Marcus had been reeling in the smoke and was trying desperately to reform his eye. It had been left in smoke form for a long time and it was proving difficult. He stood up and started filling one of the casino chip carrying bags while rubbing his closed left eye.

The officials were eyeing him a little suspiciously at this point, so he hurried his pace and took his winnings over to cash in. 'Damnit! Why can't I reform this stupid eye!?'

The teller gave him his cash, with him still rubbing his eye. As he left the casino the two officials were following him. On the threshold of the doorway one of them addressed him politely but with masked menace, "Something wrong sir? Perhaps you'd like me to take a look?" 'Oh crap, they think I've got some sort of cheating device in my eye socket now or something.. Grrr.... This was a stupid idea...'

Marcus turned to them, still rubbing and covering his eye, "Erm, I've just got smoke in my eye." The official scowled at him again and produced a small pistol from his jacket. Clearly this was a backstreet Casino for a reason, "Sir, open your eye and let me take a look."

Marcus shrugged, 'Oh well... What have I got to lose?!' and he opened his eye, what greeted the officials made them gawp in horror. Instead of an eye he had a swirling, pluming ball of smoke that seemed to extend deep into his skull. As he did this though, he suddenly found himself able to reform it into an eye again. 'Air something to do with air? Maybe that's why I always form from the centre out... I can smoke form anywhere but I have trouble solidifying with the absence of air... Did Prof. Bates mention anything like that? Grrr... I can't remember... Oh well.'

"Ah... Thats much better thanks! I'll be on my way!"

And he turned to leave, as he walked away, gunshots rang out in the alley and bullets flew harmlessly through his chest, leaving little spirals of smoke where they penetrated. He'd need a new shirt soon, this one was holier than the Pope after this night.

Shaggy
The Rev.

Post by Shaggy » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:15 am

Bane knocked on the door to Serenity’s room and a nurse opened the door. Bane steeped in and saw Serenity there on a big princess looking bed. He had special plans for this little girl and wanted to feel as much “love” as he could stand to give to her. She turned and looked toward him but still did not smile. Her expression had not changed much since Kraven had brought her here.

“Hello my dear. My name is Bane and I am a friend to mutants like you. I have heard that your name is Serenity; do you know what that means?” The little girl moved her head in a yes response. “Oh good, you are a smart one aren’t you. But you look so lonely. My dear have you any other family, because I would hate to see anything bad happen to them, especially from those bad men that tried to hurt you earlier in the cemetery."

The thought of the cemetery brought a fearful look into the eyes of the little girl. She sat up and grabbed Bane around the waist and began to shiver a little bit. Bane took his hand and placed it on her head slowly stroking her hair. “There, there, you are safe now but I would like to be able to bring the rest of your family here is you have any. Here they can be protected from anyone who would want to hurt them.”

Serenity sat there for a second and then pulled back from him. “I have a sister,” she said in a small voice. “She can’t be hurt and I have a Daddy, but Sable hurt him really bad. He wasn’t moving when we left, I hope he is ok.” She looked down at her sheets and was entertaining fond memoirs of her family when Bane spoke again.

“Well if you give me their whole names I will be able to find them and bring them here for safe keeping.” From there Serenity told him all the information the he needed. He turned to one of the nurses and they left the room. They would run a background check for Serenity’s father and sister. Once they were found the nurse came back and handed Bane a small slip of paper. Serenity’s father it seemed was in a hospital suffering from a sever beating. Bane chuckled a little from it. *”Serves your right human for even touching a mutant.”* The sister was no where to be found but Bane had a feeling that she would come looking for her little sister.

Bane whispered to the nurse to give this note to Kraven and Darkstar. They were to go and bring the father here for “safe keeping.” The nurse bowed her head slightly and turned to leave. As the door closed, a small sound filled the room. It was Bane’s personal intercom, it was security.

Bane stood and went to the opposite end of the room so that he could have a little privacy. “Sir, we have an unauthorized mutant near the front door and now moving to a back alleyway. It looks as though he is climbing the building, would you like him dealt with?” Bane responded with, “Do we know this mutant?”

Yes sir, he was here earlier. His name is Jim and he is the twin with the ice abilities.

“Impetuous youth, quickly disarm all security measures. I do not want him killed.” Bane said as he went back over to a monitor in the bedroom. He watched the young man scale the building and burst into his office. Bane made a face because now he would have to replace that door. Over the loud speakers he heard Deepfreeze say. ” Serenity, are you in here?"

Bane turned and looked at the little girl. “Some people are here looking for you. He might be bale to take you back to your sister. I tell you what, you go with him and then when you see your sister, tell her I would like very much if she would come back with you. IF she has any friends there tell them they can come back also. I want them all to live here with me. I never had a real family so I would love for everyone to be here in my house. Like one big family. Also by the time you get back, you dad should be here, is that ok?”

Serenity’s eyes brightened for the first time and she got out of her bed. Bane had them bring some small clothes for her to ware. She changed and they both went to meet Deepfreeze. When they came into the room, the light immediately came on and the young man turned ready for battle. Bane raised his hand and said, “Easy friend. Here is the one you are looking for. Kraven brought her here for my protection from those evil men. If you need her take her to her sister. But I want you to pass on a message. They are all welcome here in my house. I give an open invitation for them to show up and see my house. Can you give them that for me?” The young man nodded his head an agreement and Bane turned and gave Serenity and big hug.

“Come back to me and you will get to have you whole family here ok?” She gave him a big hug back and said in her small voice, “Thank you Mr. Bane.” She turned and went to Deepfreeze taking his hand. Bane said one more thing on their way out. “Take my driver Jason. I will have him waiting for you at the garage entrance. He will get you there and bring everyone back who wants to come. He is the best driver in the city and will be more the happy to take you were you need to go.”

Bane watched them leave and turned back to his office. His plan was working perfectly and now with Kraven and his new mutant killing machine going to get the father. His plan would work out perfectly as they always do. Bane let out a laugh and went back down to make sure everything was in place for the next parts of his plan.

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:37 am

ic:

Jim looked over Bane cautiously as he hugged Serenity and let them go back to Sable.

Once in the car, Jim looked to the driver and gave the address and asked to get there as soon as possible.

Neither one of them talked in the car until Jim finally broke the silence, "I'm Jim," he began, "we havn't met yet but I'm a friend of your sister."

Serenity didn't speak so Jim left her alone and stayed silent until the reached the gang house. Once they reached the house, Jim got out an opened Serenity's door and led her in the house, "Sable, I found your sister, she's perfectly fine."

He then let Serenity run past him to Sable before he walked over to Kody, "Kody, something isn't right. I walked in there to get her and Bane hugged her before he let her go."

"What's wrong with that? What do you have against him?" Kody questioned.

"I don't know, Kody. It's just that when I"m around him I feel different. Like there something else in my body trying to get out."

"You think too much, Bane's fine," Kody interjected.

"Oh well," Jim began, "he did invite us all back to his apartment, there's a car outside ready to take us all back there."

"All of us?" Kody asked.

"Yea, well, anyone who wants to go at least," suddenly Jim's eyes widend.

"Wait a minute, he said something to her about her whole family being there when we got back."

"He probably meant us mutants, Jim" Kody interuppted.

"Yea, you're probably right, Kody," he said, "have you called dad yet? I bet he'll be worried if the story of the mutant hunters got on the news."

"No, I havn't called him yet," Kody said as he produced a small cellphone.

"Jim, it's late, I'll call him first thing tomorrow morning."

"Ok, just be sure to call him, he'll want to know that we're ok."

Merlin
Primal Magus

Post by Merlin » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:42 am

When the car pulled up outside the house, Serenity could already feel a huge hurt inside. She found it hard to speak to the stranger who had ridden back with her, even though he seemed nice. She had spoken with Mr. Bane because she could tell he expected it, and she actually felt something like love from him, though she could tell that it was a strange sort of love, kind of like her father's, but not like it at the same time.

She pushed past the others who were greeting one another, and looked sadly at Sable, who was kneeling beside one of her friends, the one that had the big hurt. Serenity saw a blackness in his hurts, and knew that it meant he was almost gone.

Without a word, she knelt beside him, a tear silently dropping down one cheek. She reached out for him, about to put her hands on his chest, but Sable stopped her. "It might hurt you... you need-" Serenity shook her head curtly, "No..." she muttered, and planted her hands firmly on the boy's chest.

The hurt was very big, and she wasn't sure if she was going to be able to fix it all, but she had to try. The hurt was so big... she felt like it would swallow her. With her other hand, she reached out and grabbed Sable's arm, drawing on the love she knew her sister had for her. Serenity's lip trembled, and her tears flowed steady now. The black hurt receded, receded, got smaller and smaller.

Kyle's wounds began to seal, the fragments of foreign material being spat out by the pressure of the wounds healing up. His breathing became more regular, and the grimace of pain vanished from his face. His hair took on it's usual silvery sheen.

Serenity opened her eyes, and looked at Kyle, asleep now, instead of comatose. His big, black hurt was gone, but she was not finished. He had one more hurt, a deep one. She looked at his hands, and the rubber gloves. She saw that his hurt was like the one in the smoke-man, sort of like a very deep thing wasn't complete, or torn. She tried the same thing she did before, tried sealing it up. She wasn't sure if it was done by the time she passed out, still clutching Sable's arm.

Darkstar rode in silence beside Kraven, every now and then looking at him with unadulterated admiration. She knew she didn't love him, at least, not in a wifely sort of way. But she did respect his power, and had come to admire him far deeper than she had ever felt about any other man. She also felt pride, at being put to work already by Bane. She had only recently, the night before, been given her freedom by him, and now, she was ready to prove her loyalty.

She got out of the car on one side, Kraven on the other, as the car pulled up outside the hospital. She wouldn't be wearing the mask here, as it would be out of place and attract too much attention. She did wear the suit Bane had given her, but wore a black trench coat over it.

"Let me handle the talking her, love. You're a bit too imposing for the night staff here." She said to Kraven, and he simply smiled back at her, a smile most people would find disturbing. Not Darkstar, not now.

As they approached the night desk, she said "Hi there," and she paused as the nurse made some sort of greeting in return, "I'm Chelsea Vale," and she paused, noting the recognition on the nurse's face, "My father wanted me to come and give my regards to Andrew Connor, I beleive he was admitted earlier today? See, he's an employee of daddy's company, well, one of his company's anyway. He's also thinking about transferring him to a private facility, his input is vital, you see."

The nurse nearly fell over herself trying to please Darkstar. It pleased her, but not inordinatley. After all, she was only human. "Yes, Ms. Vale, right away." The woman looked over the in-patient's list, and found the name. "Room 186, looks like he's just waiting for some test results. Would you like an escort?"

Darkstar smiled, and shook her head. "No thanks, you've helped enough."
The elevator seemed to creak beneath Kraven's mass, but took them up to the second floor without fail. There were no people in the halls as they walked, examining rooms. The night nurse of this ward must've been busy at the moment, all to the good. In room 186, they found a sleeping man, with no bandages or IV, as if he were well already. She gently woke him with a shake.

"Mr. Connor..." Darkstar began, barely hiding her disdain for the father of Sable. "You've been invited to a family reunion."

"What? What the fu-" But he was shut up instantly by a snap punch from Kraven, and his head lolled to the side, unconcious. Power AND control... Darkstar began to like Kraven more. As Kraven hefted the body Darkstar checked the hallway, half hoping to find somebody that needed to be disposed of. Disappointed, she waved Kraven on, and they chose the stairs this time.

In the lobby, the nurse that had given her the information first came out of her chair saying, "Um.. Ms. Vale? Where are you going with-"

Darkstar turned and raised her hand toward the woman, "You should learn to check ID's bitch," and let a brilliant lance of light out of her palm, which struck the woman in the eyes. The woman raised her hands to her face, screaming something about being blinded, and Darkstar laughed. "The name is Darkstar... and now you know the dark part. Next time somebody says a flashy name to you, look deeper." She chuckled with dark glee as she followed Kraven out the door, calling over her shoulder, "Oh yes.. you wont be able to look, now."

The commotion provided by the screaming woman at the desk provided them just the time they needed to get Andrew Connor to the car, and make their get away.

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:30 pm

Kyle's eyes opened slowly, a bright light shone into them blinding his vision momentarily. Am I...dead? But then everything dimmed away and a soreness in his shoulder set in. His cloths were still bloodied and he still felt some mild pain in his leg and shoulder. But he was alive, how he didn't know. He looked around and found why, Serenity. Passed out on the ground clutching her sister's hand.

Something was wrong with him though, he felt something inside him had changed. He pulled off his rubber gloves and snapped his fingers. Nothing, he always created a spark when he did that. No... he lost his power. He pointed at the light in the ceiling above. A small spark came down into his finger, he thought hard about sending the electricity back and it shot right back out into the light. She had given him control, somehow she had not only saved his life but helped him in ways he never even thought possible.

He wanted to test his power's control out more but something needed to be fixed. Serenity was on the ground unconcious. Deep inside he felt that he loved her like she was his little sister. Did he deserve what she had given him? She didn't know what he was, none of them did. They deserved to know but how would they react? Kyle would just have to cross that bridge when he came to it.

He pushed himself up to his feet grunting as a wave of pain hit him. He paused for a seccond composing himself. "Thank you Serenity." He said to her unsure if she even heard him. He hoped she did, she was such a rare thing. So willing to help others without regard for herself. He looked down at her compassionately, he wished he could help her but all he was good at was hurting people.

With a sigh he went over to a sofa and sat in it as the pain set in more and more. He pulled his shirt down and looked at his shoulder, a small indentation was all that was left of the entry and exit wounds of the bullet. He reached a hand down to his leg. He felt around with his fingers and found another small indent. His white shirt was blood soaked and his jeans were caked with blood around the wound. He laid his head back and tried to relax, he hoped this was the last time he had to come back from the dead.

Merlin
Primal Magus

Post by Merlin » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:12 pm

Sable stayed with Serenity, keeping physical contact with her. She looked up at Kyle, glad that he seemed to be recovered, if not completely. She turned her attention back to Serenity, hugging her close. A moment later, Serenity's eyes fluttered open, feeling recharged by the positive feelings in the room. To her, the air was pink with it.

"Mr. Bane... he said we can come be a family with him, Sable. He said he would get daddy, and fix him. Can we go?"

Sable pulled back, looking down at Serenity with barely disguised horror. "Serenity... why is this Bane doing this?

Serenity shrugged, getting to her feet. "I dunno. But he said he wanted a family... and he let me come here to help him. He can't be bad if he let me come here and help, right?"

Sable didn't like this at all, but had to admit that it was sounding more and more like this Bane character may be a strong ally. "Yeah... alright. She looked around at the others before making a decision, though."

"Look, guys, I know you guys sort of elected me as leader, but I've already blown it once. Let's make this a democracy, okay? So, what do you think?"
Oh please... the only things they did better than us was suck and die!

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:23 pm

ic:

"I vote for going with Bane," Kody said first, "the guy's loaded, not to mention he's a mutant sympathizer."

Jim leaned against the nearby wall listening to everyone else in the room, "I can see that he's powerful, but there's something about him that's not right. Kody can't see it but I know it's there."

Jim only shrugged as he said, "I'm with Kody, he would most certainly keep us safe from whoever the hell attacked you guys before me and Kody got there."

"Although, Sable," Jim said as he approached her, "Aurora is with them, but there's something different about her."

He turned to look at Sable with his light grey eyes, "I felt something about her that was muh different from the rally. She's full of hate, almost like how Kody was when the cops attacked us."

Sable had a confused look on her face, "All I'm saying is be careful. He may have won over Kody with his power, but it takes a little more to crack ice."

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:41 pm

Kyle was relieved when Serenity awoke. "I'd say we are outgunned, outnumbered, and have no allies. If this bane can help us then I'd say go for it, but we should be...careful." Kyle could barely move, Serenity saved his life but he was still in some serious pain. It was just pain though and it would pass soon. "Personally however I don't think we should all just run and hide behind people with lots of money. We need to tell the government we don't want a war. If he can help us achive that goal then why not vist him."

Kyle placed his rubber gloves in his pocket but then took them out again and threw them in the corner of the room. If he could control his power better now maybe he could control whether he would shock on touch or not.
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:45 pm

It didn't take long for the Casino official to run out of bullets. Marcus completely ignored his futile attempts to shoot him. Since the church, something had changed radically, he wasn't sure if it was permenant, but it felt good...

Suddenly both smoke forming and solid forming made him feel better. The waves of depression, the searing pain, the taste of ash, the burning lungs, the searing eyes... He felt immortal... His mind as well, no longer was he only looking back and regretting, he was looking forward and savouring. One more thing to do, then it was time to find Sable, Serenity and the others, wherever they were he'd find them. If anyone were keeping them captive or hurting them then he'd destroy them.

His confidence was filling him with an inner glow, a feeling of ultimate warmth and it sent shivers down his spine.

Soon he was walking to the closed up shop he'd found on the internet, a blacksmith. There was a flat above, Marcus presumed this was where the proprietor lived. He looked briefly to the sky and saw first light just appearing on the horizen, this was the day he was reborn... His first day of life in so many years of none-life.

Casually he strode up to the door and rapped at it. There was no answer. Cursing he slammed his hand into it harder, and harder, somehow he was able to keep form and the door was rattling on it's hinges. An irritated voice echoed from inside, "HEY! What's the big idea!? Y'know what time it is punk?!"

Eventually a small bearded man appeared in his dressing gown. He looked Marcus up and down and shook his head in confusion before opening the door, but leaving the chain on. "WELL?! What do you want that is so important it can't wait until morning?!"

Marcus flashed the huge stash of cash at him and smiled, "I'd like some emergency blacksmithing, it's very important - it needs doing now, and I need to be there while you do it."

The mans eyes had lit up at the site of the money but he also looked very suspiciously at Marcus for this strange request. None the less he opened the door and invited Marcus in. His forge was at the back, amidst historic and modern bladed weapons. From the display on the wall it appeared he'd come to the right place.

"So what do you want me to make for you?!" The man inquired once they were in the back. This was immedietly something Marcus hadn't fully considered... He pondered for a moment, "A Sword..." At this the bearded smith screwed his face up in disgust and astonishment, "A Sword?! What's wrong with the ones on the shelf out there!?"

This was going to be difficult to explain...

"Alright, I need you to make me a special sword..."

The man rubbed his chin thoughtfully, "Special in what way? You want a replica? A Japanese Sword, a big sword?" Marcus thought carefully, 'What do I really need... Something big, that I can swing... Something light-ish so it can be fast, and something erm, interesting... Hmmm...'

"Right, I've got it, I want you to make me a sword, that's got twin blades, both blades like Katana blades, the sharp edges pointing in opposite directions like helicopter blades, about a two foot six handle in the centre, perfectly balanced and the handle and blades have to be forged into one piece. It cannot be seperate pieces, it has to be one large, forged piece."

"One piece?! Hmmm... Difficult... Not impossible... It would be easier to join two existing blades from stock with a piece but... How much are you paying me for this?!"

Marcus handed him the bag full of cash from the Casino. Luckily he didn't notice the bullet holes in some of the wodges of notes. "Alright I'll do it ."

And that was it - the smith started the forge, fanned the flames, operated his belows, preparing it in the traditional way. When it wa shot and it was at the stage for the metal to be melted Marcus sat silently and relaxed, gently trying to smoke form the less solid parts of himself. Soon his hair had formed into smoke and it hovered softly in the air, concentrating harder the fat which he'd formed before the fire -which was still visible had formed into smoke and he breathed it out of his mouth. There was soon a sizeable cloud of smoke, unnoticed by the concentrating smith.

As the molten metal was turned, poured and folded Marcus poured more and more of the smoke he'd formed into it. The heat was scorching, but it only encouraged him. Soon he could feel his essence within the whole body of molten metal.

At the of the process, after the cooling and the tempering and the sharpening, Marcus notived that he felt what was happening to the metal. Every bash of the hammer along the blade, every thrust into cool water, every stroke across the whetstone.

Soon Marcus was walking from the shop with his strange weapon, wrapped in a giant oil cloth. 'Hmmph! I shouldn't need this if it's worked...'

He threw the oil cloth onto the floor on the empty street and brandished his weapon, the twin blades shining brightly in the morning sun. Gripping the blades tightly he concentrated, the blades fell apart into smoke and Marcus strode forwards, a faint cloud of smoke that was his smoke formed weapon hovering about him.

This day his power had grown exponentially, it was so far reaching to what it had ever been... He was more able than he ever imagined possible. He smoke formed and drifted up to the top of the nearest tower and surveyed the city.

Now to find Sable...

RileyKenobi
Supergirl

Post by RileyKenobi » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:32 pm

Seraphim watched quietly, as she had become accustomed to doing over the past day and a half. There was blood on her clothes, and she could taste it in her mouth; the soldiers' blood. It disgusted her, the things she had done. How all of this was dissolving into some manic war in the streets. And now that she'd seen more mutants, she was worried; this Bane person people were talking about seemed to be a pretty powerful man with a silver tongue. It sounded suspicious to her. She looked over at the twins.

Both had relatively volatile tempers, and extremely dangerous powers. Kyle as well, and Sable was a literal human shield. Serenity was in the most danger, perhaps, because she would be viewed as a tool. Seraphim frowned as she thought about this. After all, the first thing that Sable had said was that she needed Serenity to heal Kyle. Of course she was worried about where Serenity had been taken to, but...Seraphim sighed quietly, letting her shoulders slack and her wings slump in their tucked position. They were all tools, to someone. Sable asked everyone what they thought of Bane, and when everyone but Seraphim had had their say, Sable turned to her expectantly.

"I don't know the man," said Seraphim. "Yes, he sounds like he has a lot of resources but my only hesitation would be the fact that we don't know his motivations. Agendas are a very serious factor now, especially for us. Do what you wish; I'll be there to help either way."

As long as it stays sane, Seraphim thought to herself. Within reason, at least.

Her silver eyes flickered towards Kyle; he was out of danger for now, but the grimace on his face told her that he was still in quite a bit of pain. But there was nothing she could do for that, for all the DNA mismashed inside her, she had no antibiotic of any sort. Seraphim looked at Sable for a decision.

Merlin
Primal Magus

Post by Merlin » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:45 pm

Sable weighed Sera's words, wishing that the other girl's gaze was not so intense. She refused to look away until Sera was done, but keeping her eyes locked on Sera's was a task. She didn't see it as a test of wills, and therefore felt no real defeat when she looked away to regard Spectre, who was looming moodily in the back of the room.

Spectre shrugged and said "Looks like everyone else is in. So am I."

Sable nodded, looking toward the door of the house in thought. Several of the team-no, the family-had reservations. Indeed, Sable had a few too. Her main reservation being how the hell Serenity had ended up in Bane's hands anyway. The next on the list would be what had happened to Aurora. The twins reported that they had seen her there, but that she was darker, full of anger.

Of course, as much as those are both good reasons not to trust Bane, they were both excellent reasons to at least go visit him. And here he was offering an invitation. They could find out what they need to know, and if it smells afterwards, they could jet. "Alright, I say we go to Bane's, we ask him a few questions. If he's a rich man with lots of power, then I am sure he knows how to lie well, so we'll do a little investigations of our own." She looked over at Spectre with a nod of her head at that statement.

"If we don't like what we find, then we'll be in a real good place to really screw it up for him. We may have to fight our way out, though, if we play this wrong. I just hope he waits until we've had a night's sleep to prove that he's an evil bastard. And if he's not an evil bastard... then I guess we're made."

She looked at the twins again, wondering if they could be trusted now. They had both been saying some pretty impressive things about Bane, at first. Jim had seemed to present a slightly more objective outlook, but had still professed Bane to be a mutant sympathiser. But Aurora's strange behavior alarmed Sable, and she wondered if any of it may have rubbed off one the twins. If it came down to a fight, she wondered, which side would they be on?

Throughout the time spent in talk, Serenity had quetly been making rounds around the room, gazing at each individual, examining their hurts. It was sad to see this many hurts in one place, and there was nothing she could really do about them, because most of them were hurts she was only beginning to understand herself. None of the others seemed to have any of the strange deep-hurt tears that Marcus and Kyle had.

Nobody seemed to notice her as she moved around the room, which was good because she did not want to be noticed, not really. She thought maybe the others somehow knew that she didn't want to be noticed... and therefore didn't... but thinking that deep made her head spin. By the time she made her way back to Sable, Sable was just finishing her statement, an Serenity hugged her and said quietly, "They hurt..."

Sable looked around at the others, realizing immediately that Serenit didn't mean physical wounds. She looked back down, seeing that Serentiy was crying. "I know baby..." Sable said quietly, stroking Serenity's hair. "But sometimes, our hurts make us who we are."

"Like me..." Serenity's words were less than faint.

Sable didn't know what to say, so she just held her sister until Serenity pulled away and said, 'I'm tired."

And, since she had heard that the plan was to go ahead and go back to Mr. Bane's house, she started walking out of the house, so she could go lay down in the car.

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:59 pm

It had been a long night Marcus mused. It had passed like a hundred lifetimes, turning his life upside down in the process. He stood silently atop the tall building surveying the dawn, rising porperly now over the horizon. Lighting the city streets with a golden haze. The air was crisp and he saw his breath in front of him, he felt so alive...

He felt more alive than he'd felt in years. His looks had changed too for the first time in years. His head was now lacking the vast majority of hair that he'd sported before, his cheeks were drawn, gaunt but muscular looking. His body too was more toned, more agile looking.

He'd poured alot of his essence into the sword, he held his hand out and formed the sword from the air. Confidently he strode up to a wooden post that was supporting a large billboard nearby and took a mighty swing at it.

As the blade struck it exploded into smoke, doing no damage at all...

'What!? Grrr.... What the HELL?! NO!!!!!!!!!!!' And he swing again, this time the same happening... Smoke billowing about as it contacted...

However he'd felt something... A faint resistance... Carefully he studied the post and sure enough a little nick had appeared in the edge, just a centimetre deep.

He reformed the weapon into smoke and sat down. 'Sable... Where would Sable go!?'

Merlin
Primal Magus

Post by Merlin » Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:07 pm

The car was impressive, one of those stretch affairs that seemed to go on for days. Sable passed the ride with Serenity's head in her lap, the rest of her curled up on one of the many seats the car sported. The others had piled in and gotten as comfortable as they could, but they all seemed pensive, except for Kody. Kody seemed like he was happy enough to be getting back to Bane's hole-up.

The ride was short enough, and the huge building that they were taken too was a monolithic structure that imposed itself into the skyline of the city. Inside, everything was all marble, and temperature controlled. It was like a museum... or a funeral home.

Kody and Jim took the lead once inside, having already been in this place, and led them past a bank of elevators to a larger, more opulent elevator. The express elevator to the penthouse, as Kody told it. The elevator opened at the penthouse, as promised, and the group was rewarded with a veiw of the most opulent living area they had ever seen. It was dim, artistic, and furnished with modern peices of elegance.

Seated in the centerpeice chair, with Kraven and... was that Aurora?... was the man that could only be Bane, from Kody and Jim's description. Yes, that was Aurora, now that Sable could see her, and the twins had been right. She stared at her, not the others, but at her, with what seemed to be unadulterated hatred. Was she mad, this mad, about Sable's explosion?

Before Sable could stop her, Serenity slipped her grasp and ran toward the man in the chair. "Mr. Bane, is my daddy here? Is he okay?" Sable felt a cringe when the man smiled and put a hand affectionately to the side of Serenity's head. Aurora stepped back, as if she didn't want to be spoiled by Serenity's touch, and an expression of disgust curled her lip. Sable didn't like this much at all, but they were here now.

"Bane, I presume?" Sable said, folding her arms.

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:33 pm

ic:

It felt good to be back in Bane's prescense for Kody; for Jim, however, he still couldn't shake the feeling that something was off with Bane.

But, for reasons unknown to him, Jim was beginning to understand Bane's view on the entire mutant/human situation. He could feel his mind bending to find Bane's opinions as fact.

Kody on the other hand looked to Bane as a savior to the mutant cause, a person who could hlep them rise up over humans and take their rightful place in the world.

Something was different in Kody, Jim could feel it; he only hoped no one else could sense it. Kody and Jim were always close as children and the thought of his brother turning into this monster ate at him inside, he only wished that somewhere along the road he could help his brother back to the good nature brother he used to be.

Now, unfortunatly, was not that time. Now, all Jim could do was bide his time and pray nothing went wrong.

RileyKenobi
Supergirl

Post by RileyKenobi » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:51 pm

Seraphim took in her surroundings; a dark, richly-furnished room with that mysterious antique look the Seraphim recalled in numerous vampire movies. Her lips barely twitched as she realized the absurdity of her analogy. But perhaps, not so absurd. She looked at Bane; he was a larger man, one who's face eminated a sort of debilitating stare. There was a smell about him that Seraphim found disturbing. It wasn't so much unpleasant as it was sharp. She wrinkled her nose unconsciously; sometimes having heightened senses wasn't always the greatest thing.

Kody seemed comfortable, while Jim, on the other hand, looked exactly the opposite. Sable's tone and body language gave off her emotions easily, and Serenity obviously trusted this Bane character. Apparently she'd never been taught "Stranger Danger" in school, because Seraphim's own danger sensors were going off the charts in this place. Seraphim watched Bane as he interacted with Sable. This meeting had the potential to make or break any kind of mutant alliance in the city, and Seraphim had made the volatile choice to witness it.

Shaggy
The Rev.

Post by Shaggy » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:16 am

Bane bent down and grabbed little Serenity. Picking her up he sat her on his desk facing away from the others. He patted her on the head every so tenderly then moved some strans of hair from her face to behind her ear.

He looked at the group that was assembled before him. The twins he knew, they rest, just looked like common rabble. Cannon fodder if need be, but he could work with them. He could mold them into an army that no one would be able to stand against. He addressed the short one that had asked the question.

"You pressume correctly my dear. I am Bane I want to offer my home to you as a refuge from the storm that is their world. As some of you experience tonight, the humans have no revrence for our lives and they will try to kill us. They even shot my associate Kraven as he was trying to protect dear Serenity. He made it out but was badly injured until our little angel healed him." He turned back around and cupped the small child's chin in his hand.

He turned to address them again. "I do want you to get some sleep. I already have rooms and new clothes prepared for you. You will find the beds comfortable, the food warm, and the company enjoyable. Please be my guest for the night and enjoy yourselves. JIm and Kody, you father has been notified that you are with me. I have told him that I a mutant supporter that has taken you in for the night and that you are very well care for. In the morning, you can use one of the cars to go visit him." He raised his arms and some of his servants came into view and the lights illuminated more of the office, excpt near Darkstar. She was fuming at the presence of Sable.

Kraven noticed this and put his hand on the small of her back. He felt her back up a little into it more. Even though he now thought like them, she still was a young lady that desired the touch and attention of a strong man. Kraven leaned down toward her, "Becarful my angel of the night, she will play her part and then you may dismantle her at you pleasure." She looked into his eyes and gave a wicked smile, then took his hand.

Almost as an after thought before everyone had left the room Bane said, "Oh did anyone know who made the phone call that brought the police and eventually the military?" There were some confused looks on their faces. "It was the priest." he paused to let it sink in. "I have had my own people look into it and he is the one who made the call. I am sorry that you trusted him but a human is still human. They hate us and fear us for the powers we possess." Bane noticed the one with silver hair looked as though his entire world had crashed. Bane walked over to him and put a hand on his shoulder. At first the young man started to move but Bane made sure to touch him and grab him firmly so he could look him in the eyes.

"I am sorry but what do you expect, after all they are just human. No go and rest, we will see you in the morning." And with that man of them turned and walked away. They needed sleep and Bane knew it. AS they left Serenity was still on the desk and before she could ask Bane responded. "Kraven and Darkstar have already brought him here and now he is resting, we will see him tomorrow when he wakes up ok. But now it is time for all little girls to go to bed. I will see you tomorrow my little one." He kissed her on the head and off she ran to the nurse that took care of her earlier.

After they all left, Bane, Kraven, and Darkstar all went down to the room the two girls father was in. His bruises were coming in rather nicely. The older sister really did a job on him. That type of anger could be harnessed and twisted to work for him. But for now, it was time to do what he did best. Brane went to the place that were buises the most and as he touched them, he let poison runs out into the mans flesh. This would cause the man to be in increasingly horrible pain untill he convulsed so hard his own back would break and his insides would take on a "goo" like state. He would make sure that it was all caught on tape so that the two girls could witness it.

Just then his phones rang. He picked it up and the voice on the other end said, "Sir, we have just recieved something from the UNited States Government. It has some data devise in it and that is labled for your eyes only." "I will be right there." Bane said shortly. His plan was coming into perfection and tomorrow would either be a new day for mutant kind, or the last day for many of his guests.

Merlin
Primal Magus

Post by Merlin » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:00 am

Sable waited just by the door for Bane to be finished with Serenity. She wasn't really happy about the fact that their father was here in Bane's place, but it seemed to make Serenity happy, so she said nothing about it. She would not leave Sernity alone with Bane, though, especially since she now saw what his influence on Aurora had been, in such a short amount of time. When Bane dismissed Serenity, a nurse tried to take Serenity's hand, but Sabe took it instead, giving the nurse a look that said 'try it'.

"We sleep together... or we leave here now." The nurse merely nodded and led the group to their rooms. Once the group was shown their rooms, the nurse floated for a moment, apparently trying to make sure they all went to their rooms, and eventually decided to leave. Sable addressed the whole crew. "Guys, I don't really feel welcome here, but maybe that's just the way that Aurora was glowering at me the whole time we were in there. She kept drawing shadows around, her, like she didn't want us to see her. I don't like this very much, yet, but we're all tired, its been a long night. Lets get some rest, and see what Bane has in store for us later."

Inside her room, Sable tucked Serenity into the bed. "Mr. Bane said that daddy's here... think we'll see him tomorrow?" Serenity's voice was quiet, and seemed more than a little tired.

Not if I can help it... "Maybe, little sis... but now you need to get some rest, okay?" Serenity nodded and turned her eyes away, toward the wall. Sable hummed quietly to her for a few minutes, until Serenity's chest moved slowly with the rythmic rising and falling of a sleeping child. Once she was sure Serenity was okay, Sable slumped down in the chair beside the bed, and fell asleep surprisingly quick.

Serenity's dreams were troubled as she slept, but her body was still. All around her, she felt hurts of so many kinds that she couldn't make sense of them all. Mr. Bane had a really big hurt, one that wasn't really a hurt, almost like it was so much a part of him that it wasn't really a hurt at all... she didn't understand it, but Mr. Bane was nice enough to her, so she trusted him. As she slept, her dream-self wandered, looking at the hurts all around her.

She found her daddy's special hurt, and moved closer to it, and was respulsed by what she found. He was hurt, really, really bad, and the hurt was getting bigger and bigger by the moment. It wasn't the hurt that Sable had put on him with her bat, though a little of that remained, this one was a new one. She absently tried to heal it, but found that she couldn't from this distance. And she was too asleep to wake up and go to him. She did note that the big hurt in daddy was a lot like the big hurt in Mr. Bane, but she didn't know what to make of it.

She thought of Mr. Marcus, and started looking for his special hurt too, the hurt she couldn't heal because it was too deep, in his head. She found it quickly, but it was very far away. She wished Mr. Marcus was there with the group, even if she couldn't do anything more for him. He had a good feeling to him, and Serenity liked that. She hugged him, sort of, with her dream self.

Then she started getting really tired, so she decided to let herself sleep. She was worried about her daddy, but could not do anything for him right now. Maybe Mr. Bane would let her heal him tomorrow...

Darkstar could barely tolerate to be in the same room with Sable for any longer than she had been forced to. She wanted with everything in her to smash that wench's face with her bare hands, though a lot of good that would do her. That fact made her hate Sable even more. If she were going to destroy Sable, she would need to find some way other than physical to do it. Of course, there was always Serenity...

But Bane wanted Serenity for some reason. Certainly, Serenity's powers were incredible, but hardy moreso than her own, or Kraven's. Still, Bane was the master her, and she would follow his lead, at least, until Kraven decided it was time for him to be master. Currently, Kraven maintained respect for Bane, though Darkstar was sure there was fear there. But if Darkstar had her way, Kraven would be master, and Bane would be gone, and it was her plan to help Kraven attain that mastery.

Zero had opted not to go with the group into Bane's building. His argument had been that a black gangsta would be about as welcome in a place like that as... well a black gangsta. He kept his 'nine' tucked into the waistline of his jeans, and maintained a watch over the building from across the street, atop a roof. He exuded a field of cold air around him to keep the bugs and birds away, and watched, waiting for something to go down, in case he was needed.

He didn't much care for the sound of this Bane dude, especially after what his 'ice brutha' had said about Aurora. Sounded to him like Bane was a man of power, and lots of money, and those two things rarely went hand in hand with good intentions.

The city became a dazzling caleidoscope as the sun rose, its rays scintillating off the myriad buildings mirrored windows. The city woke up from its half-slumber, and the roads were soon packed to capacity with cars, pedestrians, bicycle messengers and other travellers. The sky was abuzz with traffic and weather copters, and nobody paid any attention to the extra one or two unmarked choppers that were in the sky.

Generla Harrison wacthed the city go by with a sour expression on his face. His team, the mutant-hunters, had been put down handily by a group of punk kids. Oh, he had expected the team to be defeated, but not so quickly. Still they had gather intel, and that had been the point to begin with.

The one with the electrical abilities would be easy enough to neutralize, as he had actually been shot down already. Harrison would have been surprised to find out the boy was still alive. The others, though, seemed to have had no problem dealing with his soldiers. He still didn't beleive the reports of a girl that took over a hundred rounds of ammunition before leaping away. The team must have been mistaken, though if they were not, Harrison could think of a thousand uses he could put such a mutant to.

Ah, but that was not the point, though, not any more. After seeing how easily the kids had defeated his soldiers, Harrison knew that there was only one answer to this problem, and it lie in repressing these abilities. What kind of adults would these kids make, if allowed to flourish? How many potential killers and crooks? Why, the team had reported one of the mutants simply running through walls!. That girl would make too good a theif, especially if lasers passed through her as readily as she passed through walls...

As the helicopter settled on Bane's corporate headquarter's, an impressive structure in Manhattan, he breathed deeply of the mid morning air. He loved the smell of helicopter fuel, it reminded him of his days as a forward observer in 'Nam (a job that had been very dangerous, and one he had requested every tour). But now, he was glad to be off the damn thing, and stretching his legs. It had been a long flight from D.C., and he was anxious to meet this 'Bane' character, whether Bane was ready for a meeting or not.

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:58 pm

Kyle starred at Bane when he said that the priest had turned them in. His anger was boiling over with this Bane character. He thought about sending a couple thousand volts of electricity through his body but figured everyone would be mad at him for spoiling a nice and much needed rest. Still he didn't like the fact that Bane looked down on humans so much. Kyle was smart and strong willed. Bane would find it extremely difficult to change his view on humans by just saying one betrayed him. Well two shot him and he still didn't hate humans. He also didn't hate the soldiers that had shot him, he knew they were just doing their duty to their country. But whoever commanded them he hated, he hated him or her more than he ever hated anything else in his life. More than he hated himself even.

When he entered his room he wasn't suprised by the expensive look of the room. Everything in this building is top noch stuff. Kyle laid down on the bed and relaxed his sore leg and shoulder which still throbbed with pain. There were scars there and Kyle would have it no other way. A scar would remind him not to underestimate any advisarry he faced no matter how powerful he thought he himself was.

He drifted off into sleep with a feeling of betrayal in his gut and of future betrayals to come.
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts

SmokeMare
Devout Atheist

Post by SmokeMare » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:06 pm

Morning was finally on it's way. It had seemed like the longest night of his life. Marcus strode up to the wooden post that he'd been punishing with his unique weapon. There were nicks here and there, the more recent ones were deeper, but he still couldn't fully control it.

His grip on solidifying the weapon had improved with practice, but it still seemed not particularly effective. ' Give it time Marcus... You'll get there... You're going to have to find the others, it's too quiet and they could be in trouble... These kids have spec ops after them, for being different and they haven't got a soul to turn to... Sure they've got awsome powers.. But they're still just kids... You can't abandon them... What Serenity did for you... She's made you feel alive again, she's maybe even freed you of the shackles of alcohol and depression. Where ever she is buddy - you better find her and make sure she's okay!'

Marcus shook his head, he often found himself thinking to himself this way. He felt he was right though. He couldn't abandon them. The streets were too quiet now, no gunshots or sirens... He had to find them... But how?!

A cool morning breeze was blowing over the rooftop. It was still early...
'Hah! That would be audacious... Is it possible!? What if it doesn't work? you've got to try... They could be depending on you - and there's no other way for you to find them!'

Marcus mind made up he strode defiantly towards the rooftop edge and stood on the edge, the city looming below him. Taking a deep breath he formed his weapon into smoke, then proceeded to form himself into smoke. Thick and black at first, the thinning, the smoke spread further and further, thinner and thinner. It was taking time, he could sense what was about every particle of smoke, but no Sable...

Steeling himself against the challenge he pushed himself further, into windows, through doorways, through trickle vents and air conditioning systems... Still no Sable, Serenity or any of the others...

Frustration was starting to set in, his smoke form so thin it could hardly be detected - much less seen by the human eye was spread thinly throughout the whole city.

Readying himself to pull back in and try something else - he sensed something, something familiar, a voice!? It was Serenity's voice, whispering his name almost inaudibly.. As if whispered in sleep.

Slowly at first the smoke began drifting... Drifting closer to the source, a window, a tiny trickle vent in a high-rise building. The smoke formed a little thinner and whooshed through the trickle vent into the small dormitory.

As the thick black smoke formed, Marcus solid form appeared, he left his weapon smoked for now. A faint aura of smoke drifting around him and clinging to him.

The room was dark, the sound of snoring and heavy breathing was all that could be heard. Silently he crept up to the bunk, there with Serenity in her arms was Sable, a look of frustration, maybe even fear on her face. He looked down to Serenity tucked snugly under Sables arm. Serenity looked content and happy, but as he watched her face twitched into anguish, then subsided...

'Do I wake them!? Grrr, no - they're safe! That's all you needed to know - now get gone!'

He looked up, still maintaining his silence, and glanced around the room. It was lavishly decorated, almost gaudy. Whoever owned this place was richer than the government.

He stood silently for a moment, it felt wrong... Were they in danger? From what though? They seemed to be happily slumbering together, in a place where they appeared free to leave, safe from spec ops or government troops.

'I don't like this... Why?! They're safe - now GO!'

Marcus chanced another glance at the pair, seemingly sleeping peacefully. He leaned forwards and stroked Serenity's forehead with the back of his finger, whispering, "Thank you..." Softly, almost inaudibly...

As he finished he formed into smoke and drifted out the tiny trickle vent, into the crisp morning air. Silently he drifted to a building top a few blocks away and sat on the edge, watching the building he'd left silently.

'Who is putting them up there? And why doesn't it feel right!?'

RileyKenobi
Supergirl

Post by RileyKenobi » Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:22 pm

Seraphim didn't know much about this Bane. But a few things she learned very quickly in this odd place.

The girl, Aurora, glared daggers at Sable the entire duration of the conversation, and the large man beside her, Kraven, was a giant brute to be sure. Serenity was completely unaware of any cruel intentions by Bane and his company, and everyone else seemed relatively tense. What a wonderful situation for trust to brew itself. Seraphim did not plan on sleeping in a bed, or even as a human in this alien facility. She watched the others drift off to sleep, some fitfully and others quite easily. When their eyes were closed, she closed her eyes. When she opened them, the world was different; it was much clearer to her night-vision eyes. Her black tail twitched and she looked around for a place to climb to and sleep. The back of Sable's chair would do nicely. Seraphim curled up, a midnight-black cat with a sliver of white on her forehead. She wrapped herself up and fell asleep, her cat senses ever wary. Something strange was happening here, and she'd be a fool to be caught unawares.

Jedi_Kit_Fitsu
Ave Imperator

Post by Jedi_Kit_Fitsu » Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:38 pm

ic:

Kody and Jim both stood out on a balcony as the others went to sleep, neither one of them slept much so they stayed outside and relaxed.

"So, do you think the others trust him?" Kody spoke first.

"Bane?" Jim asked, "I'd say most of them arn't as sold as you are."

"Sold? What's that supposed to mean?" Kody asked.

"I only mean that they are warming up to him as quickly as you are," Jim stopped, "sorry for the bad pun."

Even Kody manged a small laugh out of it before he said, "I don't see why theres no reason to not trust him."

Jim propped his feet up on the balcony railing as he adjusted himself in his seat, "I guess there's something that they see that you can't. Don't bother yourself with it."

"Although," Kody began, "it was a bit odd that he told dad we were here."

"Yea, but at least we can go see him tomorrow," Jim answered, "to tell you the truth, I am actually starting to trust him, something about him ust makes me feel that he's got a good opinion on this whole 'mutant conflict."

Kody smiled again, "Cool, bro. Well, unlike you, I'm going to try and get some sleep, you should too."

"You're right," Jim said as he looked to Kody, "thaw me in the morning."

After he said that ice began to cover Jim's body, encasing him in an ice block. For the past few years Jim had been doing this because it gave him strength to be around ice for so long and to get him out, Kody usually used some fireballs to melt the ice and get him out.

Once Jim was fully encased, Kody closed his eyes and drifted into a dreamless sleep.