Oblivion: The Dragonfires of Tamriel

Unrelated stories that take place in a setting besides Star Wars...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Auladan
"KHOKHA!" -Blarny-

Oblivion: The Dragonfires of Tamriel

Post by Auladan » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:54 pm

An abundance of green, thriving foliage covered me, surrounding my senses. I hunched low in a small thicket of tree, bush and shrubbery, guided by an empowerment of life detection. Sunbeams that found entry and fell through the high canopy above me lighted the colonies of pollen and plant seed that had become airbone at the touch of gentle breezes. They warmed me, my face where the fur I wore did not protect. Soft leather soles fashioned beneath my boots laid the forest grass flat, and experienced movements avoided brittle twigs; a wet morning dew quieted my advance.

Just before me, out of normal view but made all too visible because of my spiritual enchantment, a faded wraith of fuscia shaped in the form of a grown deer, I found my prey. My bow was strung and my arrow notched, but I had yet to draw it. One pace closer in silence and I was ready. Lining up my iron arrow head, emerald eyes narrowed to slits, I secured three fingers and exhaled all of my breath. At the very moment that my lungs were empty, I became paralyzed; in the span of a single blink my world had instantly changed.

Before me in all directions, where in the heart of the Great Forest I had been hunting, every leaf, plant and flower was changed, wilted, turned down in death, decay already settled in, as if the forest had died long ago, yet remained sickly preserved. The air, where it had been fresh, was now and immediately thick with the distinct smell of ash and smoke, though present was neither. The atmosphere was made ominously heavy and was perfectly still, an end to the calm breezes had been made, and it was now painful to breathe, like swallowing hot coals. Life became unlife and the sky above me was like a lake of lava, turning the whole earth around me as red as dry blood. Clouds turned like broth in a boiling cauldron, and I with fleeting eyes expected fire to pour out of them.

I was unable to act. My body refused to acknowledge me, and my mind was incapable of understanding what had just happened; I began to shiver. My skin was sapped of warmth and just as suddenly as green had turned to red, comfort to fear, life to death, a great vacuum tugged me forward, as if one of the gods had begun to breathe up the air. The branches of once mighty trees twisted, cracking, toward this unseen force; the entire forest bent toward it. I sensed reluctance, but it wasn't my own. I felt, somewhere deep inside of me, that nature itself had become afraid.

Controlled by forces I could not detain, of curiosity, fear and fascination, I removed myself from what had been the safety of my alcove, now able to move, and approached the source of this unspeakable calamity. I assumed that it was from where the wind was so violently being pulled. My long, loose and braided hair whipped violently at my face as I started to traverse the broken terrain, trekking over broken logs and dusty hills. The forest was no longer familiar to me. I was like a stranger in an alien place, somewhere that I did not at all belong. I do not know for how far I traveled, but I had left my bow behind me, long forgetting the deer that had also vanished and my original purpose; I cared for nothing but the discovery of what had occurred. My hearing had become dulled, and I heard only a constant hissing, made in a whisper's voice, almost as if it originated within my own head.

I came quickly to a steep rise and began to climb it. I fell to my hands and knees and dug my fingertips in to the cracked earth. I pulled my lithe weight skyward, and as my visage was presented with the crest of my obstacle, I found the center of the storm.

Two long arms of obsidian stone rose like crude pillars, standing twice a dozen feet. They were partially rounded and met at either end, and in the center of them was a web of black, gold and red. It resembled a cats eye agate, and danced with wicked hypnotism. I froze again where I laid, belly pressed to the heavily slanted ground, examining this strange object. I could not place it, not from any dream, nightmare, story or book. I, strangely, felt compelled to enter it, even while my judgment screamed in terror. My bright eyes were wide in awe and my lips slightly parted, jaw slacking. I managed after a short pause to scramble even closer, totally over the rise I had ascended. I clumsily stood, keeping low, and tentatively approached the eye. I was unarmed, dirty, and I could see my own breath. Despite the fire in the skies, the char in the air, and the bloody hue of red painted over the whole lifeless landscape, I was freezing. My clothing, adorned in patches of fur, clung to my backside as it too was pulled toward what beckoned me. I was not thirty paces from the eye of flame when, where I had thought I was alone, another appeared. He did not share my caution nor was hesitation with him. He was armed with weapons of another time and armor from ancient days. I could not see his face for his helmet defended all but his eyes, and in them was as roaring a fire as the frightening obelisk before me could ever produce. He did not look at me, but he stopped just ahead of me. It was then that I heard him speak.

“Leave this place, Khajiit. Now!”

I did not. I closed the distance between he and I; he had positioned himself between the eye and where I had been.

“What is this thing?”

I barely heard my own voice, but his was powerful and clear.

“If I do not succeed here, know this Khajiit. There is now but one goal for humanity.”

I kept my tongue, waiting for him to finish. With the sound of his armor pinging in the hiss of the obelisk's presence, he turned to me, and I could see great torment in his eyes; I knew then that he had been witness to things I could not imagine. He studied me, then returned to face the eye.

“To close shut the Jaws of Oblivion.”

The Emerald in my eyes disappeared and my pupils widened. A great horror stabbed my heart and I almost fell to my knees. I had heard of the name Oblivion before, and in every mention of that terrible name warnings of world ending atrocities were told. Oblivion, a realm of evil manifest, where demons sit on thrones and bide for the time of the fall of man.

I had thought it was just a fairytale.

Before I could gather myself and ask him anything else, he had slipped away from me and stepped in to the gate; he had entered Oblivion with the intent to do battle with hell.

"No!"

Auladan leapt from his bed, shouting. Sweat dampened his short fur and his eyes were panicked. His fists were tightly closed, grasping the bedsheets beneath him. He breathed exhaustedly, chest rising and falling, heart racing. He had only been dreaming.

"No... No... Only a nightmare..."

Just then, the brass latch to his inn room clicked and the large, wood and iron door swung open. Standing in the pale light of a solitary lantern was an Imperial Guard. His shadow, highlighted by the small flame behind him, was cast over the half-risen Khajiit. Auladan, keenly perceptive, immediately noticed the urgency in his face.

"You are a hunter, yes? Able to fight?"

The Khajiit nodded, slowly, confusion creasing his brow. He was indeed a hunter, but not a trained fighter. What could the Imperial Guard want with him?

"You must come with me then. The Emperor is dead, his sons slain, and Kvatch is under attack." The guard's voice was hurried and laced with worry. The memory of his dream still fresh, Auladan's heart fell heavy, and the unforgetable voice of the nameless warrior he had encountered in his nightmare resounded in his tired mind.

"There is now but one goal for humanity. To close shut the Jaws of Oblivion."

JadeKyle
Snowmobiler Extraordinaire

Post by JadeKyle » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:29 am

Arlen surveyed and watched the merchant of Kvatch as he locked up shop.
Unlike most he did not live in the shop he owned instead he lived at an inn that he owned as well. This was the third night in a row that she had watched this man, Karvek, the last name she was given so she could find the man. The only other information she had gotten was the location of his shop. She was not given a reason, but all for the better, and all for the Night Mother. Every night the man had taken the same route from inn to shop and back again. Each time he went through an alley. Dark and a very convenient place to slit someone’s throat.

She followed the man at a distance and started to close as he neared the alley. "Good Evening Citizen." Came the voice of a guard from the other end of the alley. Arlen let out a curse under her breath and moved around the alley continuing down the street. She groaned inwardly she had been planning for the last night for this and look what happens a guard foils it without even knowing he has done it. Damn them always getting in the way.

She needed to think quick in order to get her bonus, this merchant needed to be dead by tomorrow morning. She continued to walk toward the inn contemplating her options. She could but her hood to cover her face so that no one could see her face and throw a knife. She decided against it, she was not the best at throwing and that always left a certain amount of evidence. She opened the door and entered the already full room of the inn; she made her way to one of the tables and sat, shoving some Argonian and humans on the way. She told one of them to get her a drink and flashed a smile their way; they instantly responded and went to find the inn keeper.

Then it started, several loud hissing noises and a sudden red light from outside filtered through the windows. Screams both human and not could be heard from the distance. A Guard came in,

"LISTEN!" They screamed over the roar of the inn "The Emperor has been killed as have his sons, and Kvatch is now under siege by Deadra."

He finished and the second one started. "Any men able and willing to fight follow Guard Talis." Guard Talis then left the Inn. The men now with enough alcohol to not care much followed each loosing a dagger or sword they had sheathed some where. It just left her and the inn keeper as the other Guard had gone upstairs to . He stood watching with awe as the red glow seemed to intensify. "The nine help us." he said.

She went over to him and he looked at her inquisitively. "The Night Mother must speak with you." She said and drew a dagger and stabbed the man in the throat. She withdrew the blade and the man fell. Wiping the blade on his shirt she sheathed it and went to the door.

Outside was complete disorder she saw Deadra. Slowly and painfully killing men who had come out to fight them. She sighed and went back inside. The Guard that had gone upstairs was now standing over the dead innkeeper’s body with a Khajiit at his side.

"They are attacking, the Deadra, we must help protect Kvatch." She said hopeing it would appeal to the man's patriotic side.

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:15 am

The clank of iron boots on the rock road that lead to Kvatch could be heard over the beautiful songs the birds were singing. Lexus walked down the long winding road smiling his iron longsword seathed and his iron shield on his back. His armor did not seem to burden him much, as he was now wearing it for some time and had grown used to the weight of heavy armor. His short cropped black hair was soaked with sweat from the long journey under the hot afternoon sun. He was on his way to anvil to go to the fighter's guild there for another contract. He was going to stop at Kvatch for a night of rest and to restock on food and ale then continue on. Something was different today though, the usual highway man or two wasn't there and a darkness seemed to hang over him. Lexus felt uneasy walking on this road like he shouldn't be here or something. He shruged off the feeling, in an hour maybe two , he would arrive at Kvatch where a soft bed and some good ale was waiting for him.

After another two hours of walking he arrived outside the gates of Kvatch. He heard screams and cries for help from inside, but Lexus didn't notice them. For he was starring at the black sky that looked like veins of fire ran through it. It facinated him so much, but at the smae time he was terrified. He snapped back drawing his sword, it was his duty as a knight to protect the innocent from anything that could harm them. Even if it was a deadra or the prince of darkness himself. He opened the city gates only to see gaurds and men being slaughtered by the deadra. A group of people were running towards the gate. Lexus reached back and pulled forth his shield and readied his sword for battle. He remembered that he put his helmet in his sack but there wasn't enough time to get it out now. He ran to the group of people and stepped in front of a deadra chasing them down. The creature looked at Lexus like he was a slab of meat. Lexus was not afraid however he knew how much those people were depending on him to hold of the deadra. Lexus just hoped he was good enough to face down a deadra. The creature lunged at him fiercly and Lexus raised his shield to catch the deadra...
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
but awesome at the same time
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts

PrinceKirin
Lord of the Knights who say Nee

Post by PrinceKirin » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:54 pm

On the top floor of the inn, in one of the many rooms, sat an ancient oak desk. Covering it were several alchemic materials as well as a note book and helmet. Sitting, or more so leaning back, in the desks mathcing chair, was a half-elf half redguard adventurer, Scott Lawless. He gnawed at the end of his quill pen, trying to figure out what he'd just done wrong with his alchemic formula. The potion before him was nothing more than a sleep aid, but as to the reason, he had no idea.

Scott sighed and cleaned up the ingredients on the desk and put his tools away. His orchish armor clanked as he put the items back into his bag. The items, as with any adventurer, fit into the designated places within the bag for maximum ease.

"God, I am so bored." He spouted. Scott had arrived early that morning from Morrowind and slept through the day. Now that he was awake, he was restless. Scott grabbed his quiver and deadric longbow and returned to the desk where his helmet sat. He sat down, laying the bow across the desk and leaning the quiver against it. He tipped the helmet back and pulled from under it a sharpening stone. Then, with so much as a sigh, he started sharpening each of the arrows in the quiver.

"I wish I'd brought the adamantium armor instead of this orchish suit." he sighed into the nothingness around him. "I should have stayed in Balmora."

He leaned back and scratched his chin intime to hear a voice carry, like an arrow on the wind, to his ear. He heard, ""LISTEN! The Emperor has been killed as have his sons, and Kvatch is now under siege by Deadra."

Scott glared back at the door in disbelief. "No way Azura would allow something like that." He said at the door. Then the noise of battle reached his ears from outside.

Scott lifted an earbrow and looked out the window and into the streets below. Scores of men and women were running about, and amoungst them were deadroth and clanfear.

It wasn't the first time Scott had encountered such beasts, and certainly not the last. "Perhaps there is some truth to this."

He put on his gear, his sword, and quiver. He patiently walked out the door and locked it behind him. Walking down the stairs, he stopped and cursed. Scott ran back to the room and got his helmet and bow. This time, not so patiently, he went down the stairs. He looked around, seeing the inn abandoned, save for a khajiit, a guard, a woman, and a dead man on the ground. From the looks of the scene, it didn't take a genious to figure out the events and that someone was about to be in trouble.

Scott rolled his eyes at the scene as he walked up. He reached under the counter and withdrew a battle of water before he glanced up at the three people near to him. As he began to stand back up he spoke, "It is such a shame you could not have arrived sooner, m'lady, you may have been able to save that poor man's life." He glanced at her and smirked, "Such a shame that drunkards are allowed to carry weapons these days. And you, guard, haven't you some deadroth to kill?"

Scott didn't linger. Scott, now ready for combat, took a drink of water, placed his helmet on his head, and began walking towards the door.
"Yeah, and I stole an ISD. Doesn't mean you should. I am the lunitic around here." LT. CMDR. KIRIN A. TSUKINO
----------------------------------------
"What? Where in God's vast galaxy are you going to find a man crazy enough to even attempt to jump a moon into hyperspa.....where do I sign?"

FORGE ATOSURYUA, Promethian Engineering Guild, department of hyperspacial physics and temporal studies

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:55 pm

Lexus slid back several feet from the impact of the clanfear on his shield. His shield arm stung with a dull throbing pain. Lexus ignored the pain and attacked the clanfear slashing at it horizontialy. Despite his effort it was useless, the clanfear was far quicker and easily dodged the attack. Lexus took a step back and held his shield up firm and steady. He searched for a weakness to attack the clanfear but found none. The clanfear was in no mood for waiting and slashed its claws at lexus. It tore the shield away from lexus's hand and he staggered back. In a last chance attempt Lexus tackled the clanfear. While ontop of the creature he rose his sword above his head and plunged it deep withing the clanfear's chest. The clanfear screeched and lashed out with its claws catching Lexus's side. The claws dug deep into his flesh ripping through the iron cuirass he wore and knocking him several yards to the side. Lexus took off his mangled armor and looked at his side witch had three deep cuts dripping with blood. Despite his wounds Lexus had defeated the clanfear, it lay dead sword sticking out of its chest. Lexus limped over to the carcas and removed his blade. He continued to limp over to a nearby cantina seeking some sort of refuge. He busted through the door his hands covered in blood using his sword to hold him up. "Please help me i need healing." He muttered falling to the ground just inside the door. He began to lose feeling in his toes and fingers. He tried to get back up but he lacked the strentgh. He hoped someone in this cantina had a way with potions of magic and could save him before he secumbed to his wounds.
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts

Auladan
"KHOKHA!" -Blarny-

Post by Auladan » Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:14 am

Following the Imperial Guard, Auladan jogged nervously behind him down the second-story hallway in the Bed and Bread Inn. He had dressed similarly to his dreamworld likeness, having taken only a brief moment to do so; he usually kept himself ready to depart from any place of rest at a moment's notice, disciplined to a life in the wild. Next to the clanking of the Guard's heavy iron armor, the Khajiit was silent.

They passed by a small, circular window, one of two in the upper east wing of the Inn, paned by simple metalwork. Through it, just outside and within view, the mighty gate to Kvatch stood, barred, and defended by the entire town's compliment of soldiers. Torchlight danced on them, casting long, uneasy shadows over the whole courtyard, one that should of at this hour been empty. The regiment, made up of almost forty men, was at attention and under the loud, vocal command of the Captain of the Guard; they were being rallied for something unavoidable and imminent. He could hear the voices, but not the words. Auladan's observation lasted only a sparse moment, but fully impacted the severity of the moment on him.

Turning the corner down the stairs, a case that turned straight to the left, the Breton Guard and Khajiit Hunter came in to the lobby of the Inn.

“By the Nine!” shouted the Breton, kneeling immediately to the aid of a fatally wounded man who had come in to sight just as he stepped out in to the common room. Auladan, shocked because he had seen no attackers and thought the way in to Kvatch protected, quickly leapt to his side. Blood gushed from a deep wound in man's neck, and color rapidly drained out of his face. Death was a sight not uncommon to the Hunter, but it was usually the blood of an animal that wetted his hands. The Guard, trained in rudimentary field medicine, gathered a cloth and pressed it firmly to the lifetaking injury. Blood pooled on the wooden floor, stained the Guard's hands and dotted Auladan's tunic. It had sprayed all over, signaling its recency. Whatever force was guilty of this, it had been professional; the jugular had been severed and sentenced the heart to suicide.

The Breton growled, teeth grinding. He was about to speak, disbelief and anger in his eyes, when a sudden quake shook the very foundations of Kvatch, paired with a deafening explosion. Auladan was nearly forced to his knees, but seasoned grace saved his footing, and the Guard slipped on the copious blood that had pooled beneath him. He landed on the wounded man's chest, but that man had by then, so quickly, died. Just then, the front door opened, allowing a wave of frighteningly familiar red to pour in, painting absolutely everything in it, even in places where the light should not of touched. It felt thick, and the air became immediately arid, and smelled of ash.

Standing in the frame of the tall door was a woman, her eyes like ice. “They are attacking, the Deadra, we must help protect Kvatch.” she said, either unaware of the dead man and his blended blood, or indifferent to it. Auladan hoped for the former, but knew, if such were the case, that an even greater horror must be waiting outside.

The woman then disappeared from the doorway and beyond it Auladan's nightmare became affirmed. The mighty gate that had protected Kvatch was no longer where it had been only moments before; enormous chunks of shaped stone and timber were strewn about the south quarter of Kvatch, and a great, ominous eye was risen up in its place. A howling of eerie winds filled the skies, and the warmth that romanced Heartland summer nights was no longer welcome, drawn in to the jaw of this demonic door; and out of it was birthed the very manifestations of fear itself.

The Breton Guard departed from all formalities and rushed out of the Inn in to the courtyard, sharpened sword drawn and ready to kill.

Auladan eased his bow from its position around his chest and back, and quickly notched an arrow. He crept forward, his bright emerald eyes wide in awe, and like he had done in his dream, stepped closer and closer until he too was in the courtyard, the relative safety of the Inn behind him.

The regiment of Imperial Guards that were alone to defend Kvatch from an enemy unprepared for met the creatures that marched out of the Eye with trained ferocity, heroically throwing their lives at them, that the civilians may find escape.

Of them that came out of the Eye were like nothing Auladan had ever seen. Some of them were like twisted lizards that walked on two legs, boasting sharp claws and bones that grew out of unnatural places. Others were like men, but much taller, clothed in ancient, terrifying armor. Their weapons were like long, ragged shards of stone pulled from the very core of Tamriel, and they began to weave their blades in to the crowds, indiscriminately cutting people down. Behind them, leaping from the Eye, sprouted enormous spiders, but where the head should of been attached to the abdomen was the body of a woman, a perversion of the natural. They danced through the Guards with the reflexes of insects, and weaved powerful magic against them. Others, too, came. Giants, stitched together of muscle and teeth, towering over small trees, broke themselves against buildings, towers and walls. Boulders that were mystically held together, beings that defied understanding, capable of calling down lightning at their beckon, plowed in to the city, crushing everything in their way. Sprites of fire and ice followed after them, and all of them together charged in to Kvatch, laying siege to it.

Auladan was no longer curious. The awe he had had harbored was dead. He fell backward, stumbling over himself until he met the front of the Inn with his backside. His arms shook; he tried to raise his bow, but great, overwhelming fear, like it had in his dream, paralyzed him. He had begun to pant, heart thundering in his chest. His eyes, dilated and colorless, could not stay focused. The clouds had turned like brewing a fire, promising destruction, and everything beneath them looked like hell on earth. He could not believe what was going on. So suddenly had the city, defended by powerful walls and expert soldiers, fallen.

Calamity was all around him. The screams of women and children, the shouts of men. The throes of death sounded in the city as an army dominated Kvatch, forsaking either warning or mercy. The Khajiit, totally backed in to retreat, watched as the bravest of men brought themselves against the invaders, forfeiting their lives to spare their loved ones but precious seconds.

”Close shut the Jaws of Oblivion.”

Auladan grimaced. That voice, he almost heard it that time. Sweat darkened his fur. His eyes narrowed. Close shut the Jaws of Oblivion. What did that mean? Who was that hero in his dream? Was someone coming to save the city? Auladan, never before involved in true battle, lowered his head and prayed.

'Protect us, Nine. Give us a way out.'

It was simple, and carried all of the hope in his heart with it. His fist tightened around his bow's leather grip, and with courage mustered, he raised it, drew back an arrow, found his mark, and released.

A reptilian like creature, leaping toward an embattled Guard, let out a shriek and fell to the right of its target. It's limp body knocked another of its kind off of its feet, the one that the Guard had been fighting, and left it reeling. The Guard, guided by years of perfecting his craft, swiftly leapt toward them and cut their throats, assuring their deaths. Auladan's arrow had found the demon's heart, through its scales and bones.

An impossible shot.

His eyes wide, emerald glinting ruby in the light of the gateway to Oblivion, Auladan lowered his bow, his mouth dry. They were every bit as mortal as he was, and he was able to help defend the city of Kvatch.

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Mon May 01, 2006 3:39 am

A guard ran to Lexus's aid and pulled him over to a bench. He ripped some cloth and began to dress Lexus's gruesome wound. The gaurd finished the battle dressing and closed the door. Lexus looked out the window to see people getting slaughtered by the dozens and the castle gates being destroyed and waves of daedra tearing the gaurds to shreds. They fought bravely buying precious time for those who could not fight back. Lexus was feeling better now that his wound was dressed and he stopped losing blood. He clenched his sword in his hand and stood up a little off balance but he managed to stay upright. He went to the door past the stunned eyes of the guard and opened it. He ran outside holding his sword in one bloody hand he raced for the castle and to battle.
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts

JadeKyle

Post by JadeKyle » Wed May 03, 2006 1:50 pm

"Amazing isn't it?" Arlen said to the Kahjiit. As he looked stunned that he had killed one of the demons. She had crouch beside the inn and surveyed the situation, a dead run may get her out and may get her killed, a more stealthy approach had the same possibilities. Her face showed no emotion as the countless number or people were decimated by the Deadra, she just watched as if inspecting, as if watching. She felt to fear, no sorrow, no pain. She even grinned a little as one of the humanoid Deadra ran a man through and the sword protruded form his back.

"What to do?" She asked the air around her. She got to her feet drew a small sword, it glowed an icy blue, it had a name although she didn't call it that, 'Frost', she had stolen it from a man she had killed, it had hung in a display case and the name had been under it. It had fit her perfectly and seemed to link itself to her. It had a property that would cause frost and ice to form on the wounds it inflicted, and if hit in the right spots could slow a man or monster down, to the point where they were almost useless. She smiled as she took it out and again as she tested its edge on her thumb.

She looked up and surveyed the scene, "We're going to lose each other soon I think old friend." She said to the blade it glowed a deeper blue. More demons seemed to appear and she sighed this wasn't the way she fought, it was too open, coming up behind someone with a sharp knife and cutting their throat was her idea of battle.

She noticed something and saw a red glint as the deadra came at her. The fire forged Deadra blade made a hiss as it came in contact with 'Frost', and she winced under the strength of the demon. He brought the blade back and swung again she ducked out of the way and made a slice to his lower body, another hiss and she lunged feeling the blade go through the armor and hit flesh. She pulled the blade back with the majority or her strength but it wouldn't budge, she ducked under the deadric sword and grabbed one of her daggers. She put her weight behind it and left it in the deadra's middle section. She felt something come in contact with her back and she fell, rolling she felt the blade come down where she just was. She felt the thing step on her ankle and it seemed to grin as it brought its blade above its head.

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Wed May 03, 2006 5:03 pm

Lexus dove right into the thick of the melee. He stood beside the remaining guards holding off the daedric forces. He slashed at clanfear and scamps keeping them back. Occasionally he had to dodge a fireball aimed at him. But as he fought men around him fell until the few remaining men broke formation and ran in terror. Lexus ran toward another inn praying for shelter inside. A daedric warrior was hot on his tail and Lexus knew he might not defeat the more powerful foe. Lexus turned in all directions praying for some form of salvation from this demon. He found none, he looked up at the sky as the demon aproached. "Nine give me strength and courage." He lifted his blade into a gaurd position using both hands and blocked a fierce side attack by the demon warrior. He felt the heat from the blade wash over his exposed skin like the blade itself was forged of lava. Again his blade meet the demon's, high, low, high, low, it continued as he lost strength and the demon seemed to grow stronger. Finally Lexus managed to land a meager blow slicing into the demon's calf muscle. It roared in pain and its armored backhand made contact with Lexus's face.

He flew backwards landing next to a woman under the boot of another demon warrior holding his blade high. Lexus tried to get up but couldnt move finally he settled for taking a fork out of his sack and throwing it at the demon. Although it wouldn't do anything he might devert the demon's attention long enough for someone, anyone to help. The fork struck the Demon's helmet and it turned to Lexus lowering its sword and looking at him sideways. "Thats right you ugly daedra scum i threw a fork at you. Lucky I didnt throw a spoon or you'd be dead now." Lexus said confidently. The demon stepped off the woman and came over to Lexus. He picked Lexus up by the throat and held him there looking at him, and lexus looked back...into a nightmare. The demon's eyes seemed to pierce Lexus's very soul. This wasn't going to be pretty Lexus thought to himself.
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts

JadeKyle

Post by JadeKyle » Wed May 03, 2006 5:12 pm

Arlen took the chance, the man had risked his life for her. The fool. She took yet another dagger, the one that had killed the inn keeper, and snuck up behind the Deadra. Slowly carefully she crept and then jumped put the blade to the things throat and pulled making a deep incision that nothing could live with. With a deep gargle and blood spewing from the slit in its neck it let go if it prey and stumbled backwards. Arlen quickly jumped out of the way and let the thing fall to the floor.

Walking over to the Deadra demon Arlen wretched 'Frost' free from its leg and her dagger from its inards.

"Thanks for the help friend." She said to the man clutching his throat and gasping for air.

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Thu May 04, 2006 2:56 am

"Don't make it a habit." Lexus said to her. Lexus turned around to find his sword, it lay a good ten meters away. He ran over picked it up and ran back to the woman. "We need to go this battle is over." He said as the last of the guards fled. Lexus ran back to the inn door. A Kahjiit stood firing arrows off at downrange targets. He motioned for both him and the woman. "Come we must seek shelter before they turn their attention to us. I doubt they won't notice us for much longer." He waited outside the inn door to protect it from any threats. Not that he really could in his condition. His wound pained him and he felt as though his cheekbone was broken.
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts