X-Men: Ressurection

Unrelated stories that take place in a setting besides Star Wars...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Garet
Tamer of Horses

X-Men: Ressurection

Post by Garet » Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:26 pm

ooc: not to take credit, this is still Stranger's idea. if anyone has any ideas for a storyline let's talk about it in the ooc thread.

IC:

Santorini, Greece

A dark haired, nineteen year old teenager was leaning on a short white fence as he stared at the sunset ahead of him. The dark blue ocean matched his eyes, the waves crashing onto the rocks underneath him, relaxed the teenager. Taking a long drag from his cigarette while the wind blew his neck-length hair, the teenager then took the cigarette from his mouth, and flicked it.

Focusing his attention as the cigarette twirled into the rocks and ocean underneath him, he exhaled the smoke as he turned his body towards the city. He didn’t know what was a better sight, the sunset or Santorini itself. Having buildings painted pure white with blue rooftops that matched the sky was a sight that everyone would enjoy. It would relieve any stress, even if one has lost someone they love, something about this city, is just so calming. There was only one thing, which made the teenager even calmer then the city… Looking at his watch, it was time for him to do a visit at the church.

Walking up to a small church at the top of a mountain, the teenager stopped as he stared at the church for a moment. It wasn’t as big as the cathedrals in New York, this church was relatively small, and it had painted white walls and blue roofs like most of the buildings in Santorini. The entire area was quiet as there were no visitors or locals. Next to the church was a perfect view of the sun setting, as the teenager stared at the sun set once again. This time the sky was turning to a mixture of orange, a light purple and yellow. Taking another cigarette out from his pack he continued to stare at the sunset as he light the cigarette.

After putting his lighter back in his pocket, the teenager then pulled out a small mirror. Taking off his sunglasses, he then looked down at the mirror as he stared at himself for a moment.

“Hello, Vincent.” Greeted a female’s voice; the teenager known as Vincent looked up, as he stared at a brunette in front of him.

The sunlight behind her was shinning on her as if she was a saint; her smile made Vincent warm inside, something the city couldn’t do. Her brown eyes were as chocolate, her hair danced with the wind and her sweet scent made Vincent smile.

“Helen,’’ he replied as his cigarette bounced up and down from his mouth. Vincent then took a drag from his cigarette as Helen giggled.

“I love the way you smoke,”

Vincent exhaled as he laughed. “That’s the only compliment you ever gave me.”

Helen began to walk towards Vincent while he took the cigarette away from his mouth, they then both kissed. Her lips, body, everything about her felt real as he rubbed his hand on her back and her brown hair. Something he wanted to do for such a long time, she felt so warm…

Vincent then took a step back, as Helen whined slightly. “Hey, I was enjoying that.”
Vincent took another step back as he stared at Helen, “I know,’ he said ‘But I want to enjoy something else.”

Helen then placed her hands on her hips as she raised an eyebrow. “And what’s that?”

“You.”

Helen smiled from the remark, “I love y-“ she didn’t have the time to finish her sentence as Helen disappeared in thin air. Vincent didn’t say anything as he stared at where Helen was standing a moment ago.

“Love you too.”

He then placed his cigarette back in his mouth as he mumbled. “Just one minute...”

”Excuse me’' said a old shaky voice in Greek, Vincent turned in surprise towards where the voice came from as he saw a priest. ’I couldn’t help but notice you talking to yourself…and kissing the thin air.” he continued as he still spoke in Greek.

Vincent smiled as he replied in the priest’s language, ”Yes I was, father.”

The priest looked at Vincent’s clothing. ”You’re wearing black; have you lost someone?”

Vincent didn’t reply as he continued to stare at the sunset, but the priest continued. “Were you having a moment with your lost loved one?” Vincent stared at the priest.

“ Something like that. ”

The priest then walked next to Vincent as he to, stared at the sunset. “ I understand your feelings child, I also have lost someone very close to me.’ Vincent didn’t speak as the priest continued. ‘My granddaughter, such a young age…taken away from me on this day, ten years ago.”

Vincent looked at the priest as he noticed his eyes were tearing. “Tell me father, how did she look like?” The priest began to explain how her granddaughter looked like as he continued to stare at the sunset.

“Black curly hair, with a white hair clip, she always wore a blue dress, like the color of the ocean… and she always played with a red bouncing ball.”

“And tell me father, how were her eyes?” The priest looked at Vincent.

“Blue, like yours.' the priest then raised an eyebrow, ‘Why would you ask such a thing?” Vincent smiled as the sound of a bouncing ball was heard behind them. The priest’s eyes widened as he heard the noise, turning around he then gasped.

In front of him was his granddaughter playing with her red ball as she was bouncing it on the floor and off the church wall. She then turned towards her grandfather.

“Grandpa!’ she yelled as she ran towards the priest, ‘ Catch! ” she then tossed her ball at her grandfather. Catching the ball, the priest gasped some more as he trembled slightly and fell onto his knees; tears began to role down his eyes. His granddaughter laughed as she stared at him. “What’s wrong with you, silly? You’re getting old.” she laughed, the priest then dropped the ball and hugged her grandchild. More tears ran down his face as his granddaughter was yelling at him that he was hugging her to hard.

His granddaughter broke free as she reached for her ball, she then gave him a kiss in the cheek and yelled, “ Catch me grandpa!” she then ran around the corner of the church as the priest followed. The moment he turned around the corner, his granddaughter was gone. After looking around for a moment, he realized she was no where to be found; it didn’t hit him at first what just happened. He then stared at Vincent who was still staring at the sunset.

Walking towards Vincent, the teenager smiled as he still stared at the sun. “Just one minute.” he said as he took a drag from his cigarette. The priest then pointed at him. “You did this? Are…are you a saint?”

Vincent laughed as he stared at the priest. “What are you talking about father? It looks like you were having a dream.”

The priest then pointed at Vincent again. “Your just like my granddaughter...’ Vincent raised an eyebrow as the priest continued. ‘You have a gift, so did she.”

“I wouldn’t call it a gift, father.”

“It’s a gift! This man told me about it, his name was…Xavier...he…has a school and wanted my granddaughter to go there so she could learn more from her gift.”

“Is it something like, ‘The school for the Gifted?’’ questioned Vincent as he heard about it back in New York. The priest nodded his head, “Yes! Why don’t you go there?”

“I think not, I dropped out of school.” replied Vincent as his teeth began to chatter and his body began to shake slightly. Looking down at his hand, he realized that his skin was getting paler.

“Just give it a try,”

Vincent looked at the priest as he laughed. “Since when did you become my father?” The priests face then changed into sadness as he spoke.

“I’m not your father, but if I brought my granddaughter to the school, she would have been alive. Please do me this favor, and just visit the school so my conscience could be cleared.”

Vincent didn’t say anything for a moment as he began to think, he heard about the school from certain people, saying that it’s for children and teenagers who have a gift. ‘Mutants’ is what other people would say. But Vincent didn’t care what people would call it.

“Alright,’ he agreed, “Just for a visit.”

The priest smiled, “Thank you so much!’ he then placed his hand inside his pocket as he pulled out a necklace which had a blue stone and a small icon of a blue oval shaped glass with a black dot in the middle. Vincent knew what it was; the blue bead is to protect oneself from the evil eye, and so is the blue oval shaped glass with the black dot in the middle, which is supposed to represent the evil eye.

“Take this with you...it was my granddaughters."

Vincent hesitated for a moment, but agreed to take the offer as he took the necklace and wore it around his neck.

“Thank you, father”

“No, thank you.”

+|+|+|+|+|+|

One Year Later

Vincent stepped out of the shower as he began to dry up his hair in his dorm room. It’s been a year since he joined the Professor’s Xavier’s school for the gifted. What appeared to be, ‘just a look’ that he said he would have done last year, ended up with Vincent being attracted in what he saw from the school and decided to sign up.

Wrapping the towel around his waist as he stared at himself in the mirror, he began to look at the necklace the priest gave him and smiled.
If they swing their swords for the sake of 'order'.
I will fire my arrow for 'pride'
Then I would punch for the sake of a 'bond'

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:13 pm

The sounds of joy and laughter could be heard from down the hall, but as soon as Jessica entered the room everything went suddenly quiet. She wasn't entirely sure why, but it seemed to happen every time she walked through that door. Maybe it was because she made them nervous, though she couldn't possibly even begin to understand why. It's true she was discovered in the rubble of a destroyed building, and that she had no recollection what-so-ever of how she got there, or even how the building was destroyed in the first place. It's possible that that sort of mysticism could possibly make more than a few people wary of her.

Either way the noises slowly returned as everyone went back to what they were doing, and Jessica found an open spot on the couch near the TV. A wide-screen plasma TV, very nice picture, but she never watched it. She always carried a book with her, and she would always sit on that couch and read it. Ironically enough Jessica had a taste for novels dealing with conspiracy theories, and maybe it was that fact that added to the mysticism that surrounded her. Or maybe she was just thinking about this way too much.

To be honest she wasn't entirely sure why this bothered her so much. It's not as if the opinions of these people really mattered to her. She always thought of this life as temporary anyway. Just a place where she could stay until she finds out who she really is. But then again in the darker recesses of her mind dwelled thoughts she cared not to consider. What if she doesn't like the person she used to be? She's not entirely sure she likes the person she is now, but the fact remains that she could have been a lot worse. Then again maybe she was a lot better off, but she always immediately dismissed that idea as absurd. In her gut she had a feeling that these people had a very good reason to be afraid of her, but unfortunately, as Xavier would always say, only time will tell.
"Ol' Doc doesn't hide, he hibernates." -- Doc, Star Wars: The Old Republic

"What do you call it when you kill someone and take all their stuff?"
"Adventuring!" -- Tallis and Hawke, Dragon Age 2.

RileyKenobi
Supergirl

Post by RileyKenobi » Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:03 pm

Oh, Johnny, Oh! was probably her favorite song of the moment; it was hard to go wrong with a 40's style trumpet solo, the Andrews Sisters, and a big band playing backgrounds. Seraph often wondered if she'd ever get the chance to play in a big band; practicing trumpet passed the time and gave her an outlet, but it was rather lonely when she was the only one playing. Johnny was one of many 40s style songs, mixed in with a desultory menegerie of genres and albums on Seraph's little Ipod, which was her constant companion.

Seraph tossed the front part of her iridescent-purple hair from her face, only to have the wind blow it back again. The downy feathers of her pearly-white wings fluttered in the same breeze. She often passed her solitary hours up on the rooftops of the dorms, to the distress of a few teachers and to the envy of many of her fellow students. It was a given that Seraph would never be in danger of falling off the roof, and therefore the Professor saw no harm in letting her sit on the roof. When the rooms were too loud, Seraph studied and did her homework up on the roof, where she could think. Now that she was in her senior year, three of her four days a week of schooling consisted of non-stop homework. Granted, she didn't have too many distractions and usually got it done. For now she was content with reading her latest novel of intrigue; All the King's Men. Hardly a bedtime read, the book had taken her nearly a week to get a hang of the first three chapters. Now it seemed to feed a craving inside her that simply existing as what she was could not.

She rustled her wings habitually; her friends and teachers often teased her of preening when she did this, shuffling her wings and touching the feathers, as if to remind herself of their existence. The going-on-eighteen year old peered over the side of the roof and spied three smaller students looking about on the lawn. She smiled, recognizing their high-pitched voices. As most older students did, Seraph had a few tagalongs during the normal school day, and the roof was her only escape from the little rascals. She smirked and returned to her book, the silver stud in her nose winking in the graying sunlight of the afternoon. Her pale blue eyes reflected the swirling clouds as they were propelled slowly by the wind across the sky. Smelling the air, Seraph glanced up at the expanse above her. It would rain soon, she knew that. Pressing "play" on her Ipod, Seraph retrated back into her novel and rustled her wings again, feeling her shoulders pull with the movement. Oh, how she was itching to fly again.

OOC: not nearly as good as the deleted one. people should post so we can get to the raid before I become completely swamped with homework.
Stop blowing holes in my ship!

Syn_the_Stampede

Post by Syn_the_Stampede » Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:02 am

Gabriel's chest heaved as he took in a deep breath. "I guess it's now or never." He stuffed his hands into his jacket pockets and started to walk across the street. He picked up on some far away thunder as he made his way to the large complex. Maybe the thunder qualified as a bad omen, that is, if he believed in that kind of stuff. The wind picked up a little, but he didn't seem to notice his brown hair being blown about. He finally made it to the gates, his emerald eyes dancing along the expanse of the courtyard.

He watched the people walking around, the smaller children at play. A small smile crept upon his face. They all seem so...at home. Maybe this isn't such a bad idea after all. Gabriel took another deep breath and pushed the button to the side of the gate, perhaps a buzzer of sorts.

"May we help you?"

"Um, yes! My name is Gabriel Legion." Silence. "Is this the, uh, school for the, uh, gifted?"

+|+|+|+|+|+|

"And this will be your room."

"Thank you." Gabriel smiled at the student they selected to show him to his room.

"Right, well, uh... I have to go to class, but if you need anything don't hesitate to ask anyone. You'll find the majority of people around here are pretty nice." With a wave, the student was off down the hall and out of sight.

He set his black duffel bag on the bed and gave a long stretch. He stepped back and gave the room a once over, then looked back at his duffel bag. I suppose I can unpack later... I guess I'll take a walk around this place to see where everything is at. Gabriel walked out of the room and closed the door behind him. He scanned the area and gave a half smile, "I think this will work for me." Putting his hands in his jacket pockets, an apparent habit now, he began walking down the hallway.

OOC: Not great, but I'm in there now.

Darth_Kirkin
I am Spartacus

Post by Darth_Kirkin » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:02 am

"What's the status lieutenant."

The stern voice leapt over the gentle noise of the computer equipment and disturbed him from a nap. Trying not to make it too obvious, and failing miserably, he stood to his feet and saluted.

"Ah, Major, we're running the last few scans now sir. We've had 3 orbits to run thermal scans and have an idea of how many people are in there. We've also monitored surges which we're chalking down to toasters sir, and a few frosties as well. We've another couple of orbits to finish the geological analysis of the building and surrounding area but that'll take no time."

The man who had entered nodded slowly, the flare of a cigar lighting up his face benath a cap as he stood silently looking at all the equipment in the room.

"And the clearzone?"

"None of our personelle have been within 30 miles of the facility sir as per your orders. We've run discrete checks on the place through local law enforcement."

The lieutenant paused speaking and handed over a PDA to the man.

"There's copies of their deeds, their bills for the last 3 years, everything we could get right down to the kind of pizza they get at the weekends."

There was an almost uncomfortable feeling as the Major just stood there and pocketed the PDA before dropping some ash on the floor and walking out of the room as quietly as he'd left.

With a tremendous sigh of relief the Lieutenant sat down again and turned round to his screen just in time to see the first updates from the latest satellite scans. It was going to be a long one.
* Beware the fury of a patient man.

* What's the point in being alive if you're not living?

* "But we can't be free, until we learn to laugh at ourselves. Once you look in the mirror and see just how foolish we can be, laughter is inevitable. And from laughter comes wisdom." - G'Kar, B5

xfiend1013
Gonzo Bodhisattva

In Dreams

Post by xfiend1013 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:30 pm

[Two Years Ago; Amazon River Basin]

I can feel the pain, just like the dream. He has so much pain - I can sense anger, confusion - but mostly pain.

And they're coming for me. Just like the dream. The black bird, the predator, the blue jaguar, and now, the burning bird - all of it, all of them and their king, the man I see in the dream world. He isn't here - but he is. Just as I can see them, travel with them, without being there. Watching them in the jungle. The man in pain, the one with the claws - he can sense it. He knows he is being watched.

I get into his mind, feel the pain and the ungodly desire for the hunt and the kill. I can now speak as he speaks, a strange, halting language that does not flow.

Then - the burning bird stops me. And I know I've been found. The man with the claws, more an apparition of pain when seen in my dreams - he smells me. Even though I'm in the trance, and nothing else can smell me.

"Thyren. We mean you no harm."

The language comes from the burning bird into my mind. I don't see her as the rest of them see her - I see a bird, flaming, pouring into the world from her dreamscape.

Now I can speak as they do, halting and without grace.

"Who are you? Where is your king?"

I am the son of the shaman. I can ask these questions. It is my right.

"We are the X men."

OOC: SOrry, have to cut it short.

XeroKool5

Post by XeroKool5 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:42 pm

Tommy walked into his room, tossed his bag on one of the room’s bed, and let out a tremendous sigh. I’ve made it another day without rendering anybody, including myself, unconscious. Thomas’s, or Feedback as he had been named, concern didn’t come a lack of control of his own mutant powers; but living in such close proximity with some of the world most powerful telepaths. Opening his closet, Thomas grabbed a worn out gig bag, in the classical dreadnaught acoustic guitar shape, and headed out to the woods that surrounded Xavier’s school. Weaving his way through the traffic of students in the halls, Tommy found his favorite tree, sat down and pulled the old and worn Fender out of it bag; and started to play a few chords. He didn’t play because he was very good, but rather that the combination of concentrating on hitting the right notes and a little distance from the school provided Thomas with a few moments without the constant buzzing of being so close to, to so many.

I was a highwayman. Along the coach roads I did ride
With sword and pistol by my side
Many a young maid lost her baubles to my trade
Many a soldier shed his lifeblood on my blade
The bastards hung me in the spring of twenty-five
But I am still alive…

I fly a starship across the Universe divide
And when I reach the other side
I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can
Perhaps I may become a highwayman again
Or I may simply be a single drop of rain
But I will remain
And I'll be back again, and again and again and again and again…

Leaning back against the tree, Tommy let his thoughts wander to a frequent topic, how his life had changed in the last nine months. On a daily basis he saw things that defied every scientific truth he once thought to be true, meet people from every corner of the globe and probably has some of the best looking teachers and classmates of any school age kid in America; but there were drawbacks he and his classmates could rarely leave the school, it was more then likely he was wanted dead or captured by somebody (the perils of being a mutant in the world had been painfully explained to him), he would probably never play football again, and he missed his home, parent and friends, even if they didn’t want to know him anymore.
Sollow your pride and choke on it.

Balsa
Balsa is not a lie!

Post by Balsa » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:30 pm

Tao Shi-lu squinted as he stepped out from under the relative dimness of the school's shadow, and into the bright afternoon sunlight. It was a fairly warm day, actually very good weather, but he felt his skin tingle as the sunlight poured over his body. He didn't have to glance at the exposed surface of his arms to know that the normally tannish-colored flesh was changing rapidly to a shining silver, all the better to reflect the sun's glare; afterall, he had gotten used to that particular trait early on in his eighteen years of life.

The teenager walked slowly down the path, looking up at the fairly clear sky, and noticed clouds looming in from the west. He guessed it was going to rain and considered a good thing; something about the rain was just conforting, the constant patter of droplets splattering against his dormitory window.

As he walked, Tao caught sight of other people of varying ages, all exhibiting some form of a unique characteristic. In any other location, the accumulation of so many mutants would have been alarming, but within the gates of Professor Xavier's School for the Gifted, such was the norm. The school supplied housing and education for a dozens of children with various degrees of mutation. From the minor telepath to powerful controller of weather, all were welcomed here.

Tao had joined the school at some early point in his life. However, he couldn't remember how he had come to be part of the student population, nor could he recall any events of his past life. It didn't really bother him much; the school was effectively his home and family, the older students and faculty easily acting as surrogate parents, brothers, and sisters. And, like all of his fellow students, he was a mutant, a person who had "superpowers."

As far as Tao knew, he had always been able to change the color and texture of the outerlayer of his skin. The change generally matched his emotional state and was usually an involuntary act, such as when his skin would take on a reflective silver hue in harsh sunlight. The toughness of his skin could also vary, giving him a bit of extra protection against bad weather or the cold, but it never became tough enough to act as armor.

When he was around eight or nine, Tao's second mutation came to light. This one, though at first more subtle than his skin morphing, proved to be far more problematic. The problem wasn't that he was able to manipulate magnetic fields and objects that could be affected by electromagnetism, but rather how similar his mutation was with that of the infamous Magneto. It wasn't a secret that Magneto was an evil, if misguided, man, and even though Shaum's mastery was nowhere near that of the Master of Magnetism, he had been constantly teased that he would become an evil and destructive person. However, despite how much the teasing bothered him, Tao managed to cope with the situation by forming a small group of close-knit friends, instead of a large group of acquaintences. That and his love for reading and practicing on refining his control of his powers allowed him to survive the anxiety-filled early teenage years.

As he continued down the path, Tao chuckled lightly as he recalled his given nickname. (All mutants had a nickname.) Ferrus. If he remembered correctly, it was Latin for iron or something. The mutant found it amusing simply because he found that he could manipulate anything that could be affected by a magnetic field, not just iron objects. But, he thought the name sounded cool, so he didn't try to correct anyone, and Ferrus stuck.

Again, Tao looked up into the sky and took a deep breath of the clean, fresh air. His eyes traveled to the structure of the school, and he caught the very faint glint of silver. He blinked, finding the reflection odd, and then remembered that one his friends, a Seraph, wore a silver nose decoration. He squinted, focused on her as she lay on the roof, and walked over. He threw his hand into an exagerrated wave, and called up to her. "Hey, Seraph, what are you up to?"

It wasn't until after he had pretty much shouted his greeting did he sense the magnetic fields emerging from her position. They felt very much like those given off by computer and stereo speakers, and Tao realized she had headphones on. He shrugged, figuring that she probably hadn't heard him, but decided to wait and see.
"Mr. T once defeated Chuck Norris in a game of Tic-Tac-Toe. In retaliation, Chuck Norris invented racism." -- my brother

Darth_Kirkin
I am Spartacus

Post by Darth_Kirkin » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:00 pm

Just outside the room the major was caught by one of his men who snapped him a perfect salute.

"Sargeant?"

"Sir, the chairman is on the line, he wishes to speak with you asap."

He nodded and returned the salute before walking quickly down the corridoor and swiping his access card before entering the secure communications room. On one of the screens was the face of the chairman of the joint chiefs as well as a few other key figures involved in his operation.

"Major, nice of you to join us. We're interested to hear what you've planned for the operation, I assume all the necessary precautions have bene taken?"

"Yes general, none of our people have been within six degrees of anyone connected to Xavier or the institute. The decoy mission's been prepped and we've one main plan and a contingency."

The general nodded calmly taking it all in. He was a good man, a great soldier and an almost fanatical patriot. One of the reasons he was eager for this operation to succeed.

"Plan A sir is to simply drop two daisy cutter on the compound at 30 second intervals. The first would eliminate the main structure while the second would eliminate any secure facilities beneath the main building. My fire teams then move in and clear up any survivors. I have my people running several possible news covers for it.."

The matter of factness with which he delivered his preferred plan was well in line with his feelings. To him it was just dealing with another threat to national security, one more terrorist group to be eliminated.

"And what's plan b" the general said, a slightly hopeful sound in his voice.

"We've picked up several tunnels leading from the main compound. I want to take them out with a couple of smart bombs followed up by a halo drop of an advanced tactical team. They'll be prepped with the standard anti mutant gear, non conductive tranq firearms, gas grenades, and masks. As soon as the advance team are in they'll proceed to deliver a nerve agent via grenades to as much of the compound as possible. Those they can't knock out with the gas they'll have to tag manually using their tranq's."

"What are the projected casualty rates amoungst your men" asked a strange voice. It was a woman, her exact origins unclear but she was caucasian and if she was on a screen in front of him it meant she had power.

"We don't know for sure maam, we have no idea exactly what powers we'll be dealing with here, but our estimates put it at maybe 6 to 7 fatalities, another 8 to 15 injuries. I would still advocated plan a sir, it's clean, effective, and is less of a risk to my men, with all due respect sir" he said.

The general smiled and noeed.

"Now if you'll forgive us if we discuss this matter amoung ourselves."

One by one the screens blinked out and he rose to his feet, squeezing the bridge of his nose and yawning slightly. There was a knock on the door and an air steward opened the door.

"Sir, Air Force 1 is on final approach, if you'd like to take a seat in the main cabin."

He nodded calmly and made his way out of the room. He would be in his office within a couple of hours of landing at Edwards, he wasn't needed at this stage of the Presidents trip and he needed to hear from the chairman. Daisy cutters were not easy to organise on short notice and arrangements would have to be made sooner rather than later.

* "But we can't be free, until we learn to laugh at ourselves. Once you look in the mirror and see just how foolish we can be, laughter is inevitable. And from laughter comes wisdom." - G'Kar, B5

RileyKenobi
Supergirl

Post by RileyKenobi » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:30 pm

Despite her headphones, Seraph had exceptional hearing, thanks to her laundry list of animalistic mutations, and heard a muffled version of her name through the raucous drum solo currently playing through her headset. She looked around and eventually her eyes perused the ground below her. She smiled as she spotted her friend Tao, who was now hopping a little in the effort to gain her attention.

Seraph chuckled and tucked her Ipod into her pocket, unfolding her wings and shaking them out as a bird would before flight. With a light jump she took a swan-dive off the roof and opened her wings, gliding to the ground. She banked sharply and landed next to Tao, grinning and tossing her purple hair from her face. She folded her arms over her book in what she imaged was quite a silly appearance and folded her wings again.

"You were hopping," she said, chuckling. "You don't usually hop."

Tao shrugged and Seraph cast a quick look over his shoulder, watching the frolicking children carefully. Only one or two had seen her short flight, perhaps, but it was only a matter of time before they pounced, shrieking at the top of their little lungs and demanding playtime. She looked back to Tao, her eyebrows arching brightly.

"So what's up?"

Balsa
Balsa is not a lie!

Post by Balsa » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:48 pm

Tao glanced at the book Seraph was carrying and shrugged again. He had an odd habit of shrugging. "Eh, I was going to ask if you wanted to go over some of the stuff covered in Twentieth Century?" He was referring to one of the requiste history classes all students had to complete before graduating from the school, a class overviewing the recent events of the past hundred years. Tao pointed at Seraph's novel. "But, it appears you're busy. What're you reading?"
"Mr. T once defeated Chuck Norris in a game of Tic-Tac-Toe. In retaliation, Chuck Norris invented racism." -- my brother

xfiend1013
Gonzo Bodhisattva

Waiting in the Brush

Post by xfiend1013 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:58 pm

This place had been his home for two years - he had learned much, been given more. He had met more people like himself than he had imagined could ever exist, and shown a world larger than anything he had imagined. His people had been ready to exile and destroy him when the X-Men had brought him here.

Before that day, he had felt as though his entire life were at an end, that he was nearing some impossible cusp that would transform the universe he knew.

How right he had been. Thyren, the son of the shaman, seer and healer for his tribe was now known as Trance, read comic books, could drive a car, and was training to become what these disparate mutants called an "X-Man."

Still, some things were the same. In the past week he had spent most of his time near a small stream that cut through the corner of the woods and brush that bordered the property. The plants and animals were different - very different - from those at home. But there were still roots to be pulled from the ground, flowers to be cut and dried, things to combine with the herbs the others bought in town, to make the salves and spices he was gradually becoming known for.

And, after the rains, mushrooms. His incenses and potions had become popular amongst some of the older students, but gathering mushrooms was not why he had come to the woods as of late.

Lately, he had felt the rushing power of another cusp, another precarious transformation of himself and his world.

He sat down, arranged his herb bags and things in a semi-circle around him. He lit a chunk of charcoal, sat it in a tiny pile of dirt, and sprinkled dried resins of myrrh on the top of the burning coal. White smoke rose as he folded his legs under each other, bent his knees to the ground, set his back straight.

Breathe in deep. Breathe out deeper.

And then he was dead to the world.

He saw himself in the forest, but only for a brief moment. His vision flew onward, towards the Academy, where telepathic students stood out as bright beacons, and others could be seen as flowing emotions, cold or warm, surging towards one another or fraying at the edges as they attempted to separate themselves from unwanted company.

It was nothing he had not seen before, yet still something bothered him. It could not be seen here, at the school, and he did not know the source.

He brought himself out of his trance, pushing on his abdomen, speeding his breathing. Finally, he opened his eyes. The charcoal had gone out, the dirt was charred, the smell of the myrrh was gone.

He stood, refreshed as only the trance could refresh him. The school awaited, but he did not go. There was a local bush that budded in this season, and the buds released an oil valuable in pain relief. He would try and find some before dark, and hopefully the potion made from them would dull his psychic senses that screamed alarm to unseen enemies each night.

RileyKenobi
Supergirl

Post by RileyKenobi » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:27 pm

Seraph glanced down at her copy of All the King's Men and beamed.

"Quite the intriguing piece of literature, actually. All the King's Men, by Robert Penn Warren," she said brightly. "History books say it shadows the life of Huey Long, a populist politician in the south. I think it does a lot more than that, really. The main character, Jack Burden, is an idealist. He sees things so much more differently than most of us do, Tao. Perhaps, as we might wish the world was."

She hooded her eyes, realizing the connotation of her words. Seraph furrowed her eyebrows momentarily. "But you really should read it sometime. The Professor enjoyed it. It's a challenge to everything we think we've ever understood, I think."

Syn_the_Stampede

Post by Syn_the_Stampede » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:09 am

Tap, tap, tap... Tap, tap, tap...
Gabriel brought a lazy hand to his face and rubbed his eyes. He slowly opened them, sat up in bed, and looked around sleepily.
Tap, tap, tap...
His emerald eyes shot over to the window by his bed. Now fully awake, he eased himself out of bed and knelt in front of the window. The fist that was rapping upon the window was gone and soon replaced by a face. Unkempt blonde hair covered one of his blue eyes along with the two silver piercings that adorned his eyebrow. The piercings in his left ear were in full view, however. Gabriel sighed and shook his head as he, as quietly as he could, raised the window. He leaned out the window, the moonlight reflecting dimly off of his brown hair. "Jason? Is that you? What's the matter with you?" Gabriel whispered.

"Dude, Jack is gonna get jumped!"

"Lower you voice. Jeez... Now, what are you talking about?"

"All right. You know that dude who was going out with Jack's sister and hit her? Yeah, it's that guy again. After Jack kicked his ass, he got a couple of his boys together and went looking for him. He called me on my cell awhile ago. He said they found him when he was coming out of the movies and now they're following him. He told me to get you guys and meet him at the park at 11:00. He'd keep them busy following him until then."

Gabriel stared at him for a good minute, perhaps weighing his options. Finally he answered, "How many?"

"He said maybe 4 or so. You coming or what?"

"Tch, yeah. How are we going to get there. You don't have a car and I sure as hell don't."

"Don't sweat it, bro. I swiped my dad's keys."

Gabriel let out a deep sigh and shook his head again. He wasn't even going to get into the possibilities of Jason's dad: waking up, finding the car gone, calling the police, and getting them all arrested. He'd take being an orphan any day over the relationship that Jason and his father had. Sometimes he'd see Jason with a black eye or a bruised cheek, something that Jason would say he got in a fight. No doubt it was a fight, but with his old man. Jason wasn't a big guy, about the same size as Gabriel. Occasionally, Jason would come out the winner. Those were the times where he'd stay at Jack's until things blew over.

"Right, right. I'll get Mark. Start the car."

"I knew I could count on you guys. Friends for life."

Gabe smiled to himself and crept away from the window. Oh, how he wished the wooden floors wouldn't squeak so much. It seemed extremely loud to him, but it didn't seem to bother anyone else. Well, the plethora of snores around the place helped cover his few and accidental noises, for that he was thankful. He worked his way toward a sleeping figure a few beds down from his own. Gabe gently pushed the figure a few times, "Mark." This had no affect whatsoever. It was like trying to wake a bear during hibernation. Not to mention that Mark was built like one. A very husky guy, about 6'1" and 245lbs, but a lot of that was muscle. A gentle push turned into a rough shove accompanied by a louder, "Mark!" All of this did little more than bring him to a state of being half awake, mission successful. Mark sat up groggily and yawned with a stretch. He ran his fingers through his semi spiked, black hair, then noticed his friend looking at him.

"What? ...Hmm? Time for school already?"

Gabriel snapped his fingers in front of Mark's face to catch his full attention. "Jack's in trouble. Let's roll."

"Gotcha."

Gabriel, Jack, Mark, and Jason made up the circle of friends. They all went to the same high school together, Mark and Gabriel stayed at the same orphanage. They all met under strange circumstances, and became friends under a still stranger situation. Jason and Jack actually got into a fight with Mark and Gabriel. It was over something stupid, but it was something they all looked back on now and laughed at. Ever since then, they have backed each other up anywhere, anytime, and against anyone. That formed a strong bond between the four teenagers. A bond that could only be broken by time, but father time had his work cut out for him.

Gabe was the first one through the window, then Mark close behind. Gabe's outfit consisted of a black muscle shirt, a brown vest, baggy black pants, and black biker boots. Mark wore a purple, button up shirt with the name of his favorite Minnesota Vikings player on the back, fingerless leather gloves, black genes, and grey sneakers. Both ran to the idling car. As soon as they got in, the car sped off at a high speed. Gabriel reached over his shoulder and pulled the seat belt over him, then clicked it into place. He looked back at Mark in the back seat, "You should do the same. I'm not sure how much I trust Jason's driving." He laughed as he blocked a playful swipe by the driver.

Jason pulled his tan colored, long sleeve shirt back just enough to reveal a watch. "Damn, almost 11:00. It took you two women long enough to get ready."

"Well, excuse us. Maybe we should just go back and go to sleep."

"What?!"

"I'm joking," Gabriel, once again, blocked a soft punch from Jason.

Mark habitually stroked his goatee, "Man, I wouldn't want to go back. I'm aching to bust some heads. It's been a long time since I've gotten into a brawl."

"Cool your jets, Mark. We'll get there soon enough." Gabriel looked out the window and watched the blur of a world speed by. "I wonder if they'll have weapons," Gabe said absent-mindedly.

"I've got that covered too, bro." Jason dug into one of many pockets, pockets that seem to be made in awkward positions, on his brown pants. After a good deal of swerving and playing hide-and-go-seek with his secret item, he produced a switchblade. "See."

"Oh, Gabe. Don't you feel ever so safe with Jason on the job? He will surely save us all!" Mark couldn't keep a straight face, neither could Gabe. The teasing made Jason bristle for a moment, but then it passed. Nothing seemed to bother him for long.

"You'll be glad I brought this later.... Shut up..." Jason pulled a cell phone from a reachable pocket and began punching in numbers. As soon as the other end picked up, "We're here."

-------------------------------------------------------
5 minutes later
-------------------------------------------------------

Jack's truck was parked on the grassy field of the local park, a car was opposite of the truck. Both of the vehicles had their headlights on and turned to bright to light up the night. Seven figures stood in front of the car, their features drowned by shadows caused by the headlights. A lone man of medium height stood in front of the truck, but he was soon joined by three more people. "I thought you said there were only four of the bastards..." Jason scratched nervously at his chin. Mark's brown eyes locked with Jack's Hazel eyes, both men smiled. Mark stroked his goatee again, "This doesn't look good, but for some reason I can't stop smiling."

Jack slipped out of his leather jacket and laid it on the ground. He grabbed a rubber band from his blue gene pocket and tied his shoulder length, black hair back in further preparation. Jack thought about taking his white shirt off, but decided against it. No use, this shouldn't last long one way or the other. "I'm glad you guys came... You guys didn't have to get involve-"

"That's a helluva thing to say to us. You know we always have each other's backs." Gabriel patted him on the back, then rested his arm on Jack's shoulder.

"I'm lucky you three are crazy," Jack made a sweeping motion with his hand toward the seven figures, "Shall we?"

The seven people across the way began walking toward the small group of four. "Humph, guess they got up enough courage to approach us. I won't hurt them, much," Mark grinned and cracked his knuckles. Gabriel took a deep breath of night air and, that's strange, the smell of rain was all around. He looked up at the storm clouds that had apparently gathered unbeknownst to him. He smirked, It's going to be pure hell sneaking back in soak and wet.

Two flashes of lightning later, the two groups were no more than ten feet away from one another, it started to rain. Both groups stood motionless, the rain was pouring down, but still nothing. Gabriel spotted a few baseball bats amongst the crowd of opponents, maybe Jason was right to bring his own weapon. Lightning streaked across the sky brightening everything for a few seconds, suddenly someone rushed. Both sides clashed just as the deafening sound of thunder was heard....

---------------

"Mister...mister....?"

Gabriel opened his eyes and was bombarded by bright light, it stung his eyes. He managed to pry his eyes open to a mere squint. The small forms in front of him came in to clear view as he gradually got used to the light. Three small children were standing over him. It took him a moment to recognize and remember where he was. He was sitting down with his back propped up against a wall. The school wall! Yes, of course!

"Mister, it sounded like you were dreaming," the boy looked to either side of himself to find support, his two companions nodded vigorously. "Um....didn't wanna wake you up, but it's about to rain. Bye-bye!" The three children scattered after another clash of thunder was heard, then the rain came. It was a nice medium rain, unlike that one night... Gabriel used the wall to help himself get to his feet. With his hands in his jacket pockets, he began walking around the school to get inside.

(OOC: I should really stop posting when I'm tired. If there are any errors...that's my excuse.)

Darth_Kirkin
I am Spartacus

Post by Darth_Kirkin » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:51 am

The prison cells had been prepped, the gear loaded into the choppers and the men assembled.

They were the best the military had to offer, the finest men from a wide variety of backgrounds, all with one unifying goal. To protect the security of their nation. Officially they were on leave, this entire operation funded by a myriad of dummy corporations, secret offshore accounts, and supplied equally as secretly. There was enough armaments and gear to take on a small country but if there was one thing Major Marcus Liebowitz knew was that you can never have too many guns where a mutants concerned.

Standing before them with his hands clasped behind his back and a cigar hanging from his mouth he couldn't help but smile.

"I'm damned proud of you men, you stand here ready to defend your country against a threat greater than any we've ever had to face. I'm not going to mother you sunsabitches through this, I'm sure you can handle a big gun by now" he said with a light chuckle, laughter echoing faintly through the ranks. "Unfortunately, as is their want, the bigwigs in washington seem to think we should be lenient with them. Our orders are to detain with whatever force we deem necessary. But, to brighten our day, we have been authorised to use lethal force if and only if it's necessary.

"Now" he shouted raising his voice. "I know more than a few of you, I know you would like to take a chunk out of these muties for what they've done to us over recent years, but keep your cool and don't go on any revenge missions. That last thing I want is another kill racked up for those scum.

"You know what to do, let's go do it" he said and saluted them.

With a united 'Sir yes sir' roaring from the men he dropped the salute and they began filing away to the ready rooms to get themselves ready for the mission. Walking slowly away Marcus took his cigar out and flicked the ash onto the floor as his adjucant followed along side. Making his way through to the command room he stood just inside the door just as he'd done earlier.

"Weather's moving in sir, looks like you'll have the rain and the clouds to mask your approach" said the lieutenant in charge. They'd learned quickly and handed him a thin folder containing several printouts which Marcus skimmed through.

"Looks like lucks on our side this time. You sure this isn't one of their mutie tricks?"

"No sir, our forcasts had this coming, it's set to continue through the night."

Marcus grinned and stubbed the cigar out on the table.

"I want realtime updates on the target zone, anything, and I do mean anything appears out of the ordinary I want to know about it. Time to raise some hell."

"Sir, yes Sir" came the response and Marcus returned the salute before leaving with the file and heading towards the helipad.

XeroKool5

Post by XeroKool5 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:52 am

The gig bag was back in the closet, Tommy sitting at his desk. The return trip to his room has been much easier, both mentally and physically. Looking at the time on his laptop Thomas decided that he could at least get a decent start, on a history paper he had due the next week, before dinner ”The History of Mutants in America, and Their Effect on American Politics.” How fun, and they expect to be objective on this subject. Opening a couple of books and a notebook containing note’s from various websites and other sources, Tommy got to work on an outline.

Before he knew it sixty minutes had passed, and while it wasn’t quite time for dinner Thomas closed his sources and the notebook he had been writing in and stood up from the desk. Closing his eyes Tommy took a deep breath, and he gazed out the window at the approaching line of clouds. Wonder if will get any rain. God, I hope so! Maybe we can get a little mud football game going after dinner. As he thought about slidding in the mud, Thomas looked down and noticed he was still in his school clothes. Can’t play in the rain in this. Changing in to a pair of navy Adidas track pants, a grey hooded sweatshirt and a pair of new Balance running shoes, Feedback grabbed his iPod and made his way to the school’s dinning hall.
Sollow your pride and choke on it.

RileyKenobi
Supergirl

Post by RileyKenobi » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:45 pm

OOC: Sorry Alex, but I felt like posting.

IC: Seraph felt a drop of moisture land on her forehead, and she looked up at the sky. It was broiling with large gray clouds, and there was a distant rumble of thunder on the horizon. The rain began to fall softly, and then steadily on the vast lawn. Children shrieked in delight and ran about in the moderate shower, and Seraph suddenly found herself clasped around the waist by a pair of small arms.

Tao was smiling, amused at the child who had attached herself to Seraph's waist. He chuckled and Seraph shot him a playful scowl.

"Can I help you with something, Josie?" she asked, raising her wings slightly to shield herself and the child from the rain.

"S'raining," the child remarked, looking up, goggle-eyed. Seraph noticed individual hissing noises as raindrops hit Josie's skin; Josie had an abnormal control over her body temperature, and right now it seemed to be above 98.8 degrees farenheit. Quite a bit above.

"Yes. Is that bothering you?" said Seraph patiently, her eyebrows raised vacilitatingly. "Should you go inside?"

"Idano. I'm not cold, but Travis said I'd catcha cold if'n I stayed outside while it's raining, is that true, Serra, huh?" she asked quickly, in a mouthful of words.

"I think you'll be fine, personally, but I think perhaps we should get everyone inside before the rest of them soak their clothes," said Seraph. She and Tao called the youngsters and sent them inside, with a few pushes and prods to the whining ones, promising playtime again after drying off and eating something. Seraph remained outside for a moment, shaking her wings and her wet hair, smelling the air habitually. She ran her tongue over her lips and frowned. The air tasted like metal and static. Perhaps there was a storm on the way, in place of just rain. That would explain what she thought was thunder earlier. She shrugged and returned inside to replace her things into her dorm room, and flapped her wings as she stood on an inside balcony, drying them sufficiently. Seraph looked down, surveying the main portion of the mansion. Grade-school age kids were clustered about the tvs and computer screens, watching cartoons and playing video games to their hearts' delight.

Seraph perched herself on the balcony and pulled her knees up to her chest; her balance was impeccable, and she attributed this to her wings. They acted almost like a monkey's tail when she was in a precarious position. She found herself smiling and contenting herself with watching the other children in the school. Seraph blinked and realized she had lost Tao in the last ten minutes, and began to scan the floor below for her friend.

OOC: There you go...if that wasn't too GM.

Darth_Kirkin
I am Spartacus

Post by Darth_Kirkin » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:15 am

Riding in the lead stormchaser Marcus laughed and clicked in the channel between all the helicopters and the four F-16's in the attack group.

"Well ladies just got a message from the chairman of the join chiefs" he said laughing. "Hahaha this is great, 'Show them who the superior race is' he says. And there you have it, the big man himself gives us the thumbsup."

The guys around him laughed and outside he could see the F-16's flying cross path to them. They were flying in a path outside the exclusion zone until the appointed time. Along with the six stormchaser copters were 4 Apache gunships, while they wouldn't be able to use any of their heavy firepower but you could never assume.

The storm was growing in strength but Marcus wasn't bothered, the helicopters could take it. He had a fresh cigar, he best his country had to offer behind him and a mission he was looking forward to. Today was a good day, and no storm would dampen that.

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:30 pm

IC: It was getting late, classes were over and Jessica had already had a light supper. A storm had rolled in and coats of rain fell heavily against the windows. Nights like this always made her extremely nervous, though she could never figure out why. Proffessor X hypothisized that something may have happened to her some time ago on a night very much like this, something her subconscious still remembers. Maybe that's where this anxiety was coming from. Either way she decided to head to bed early tonight.

Closing her book she got up from the couch and headed towards the dormitories. She passed several students along the way and as she walked by a window overlooking the mansion grounds something out of the corner of her eye caught her attention. She stopped dead in her tracks and glanced out the window. There it was again, but it was gone before she could make out what it was.

"Did anyone see that just now," she asked a couple of students standing nearby. They both gave her blank stares and without saying anything Jessica got the message. It was nothing, she scolded herself, turning back to face the window, just an overly active imagination.

She stood there for a moment longer, but the object never showed itself again. Shrugging slightly she turned and headed up the stairs to her room. Once she was inside she changed into her pajamas and crawled into bed. Moments later she was fast asleep and the rain continued to mercilessly pound her window as lightning struck outside...

OOC: You may have noticed there's a bit of time dilation in my post. This post is from the future, about fifteen/twenty minutes ahead... I dunno, make something up. :P

Darth_Kirkin
I am Spartacus

Post by Darth_Kirkin » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:08 am

(OOC: Content caution there will be bad language and violence throughout this post so don't read if you're sad and easily offended!)

"Sir, we're on final approach."

"Very good, very good" Marcus grinned. "Signal Alpha 1 and 2 to commence their run. Ghost squad, you're up once the bombs have hit. And remember people they're kids, so expect a lot of noise and confusion in the house."

The signal clicked and up ahead two of the helicopters started descending and accelerating away from the main group. Just as they did the two F16's that had been on standby came streaking past over their heads and towards the house. 8 seconds later came the confirmation that the bombs were away before a ripple of flashes appeared in the distance illuminating the house beneath the darkness of the storm and the rain.

"This is Ghost lead, we're moving in" came the call over the radio and Marcus gave the pilot beside him the signal to take the helo down. The 8 other helicopters in the main group started to split into different groups and move around the house. The advanced squads had already arrived and would be moving in from the top of the house. All he could do was wait till they landed in a couple of minutes.

The dust from the bombs had barely settled by the time the first two helicopters were hovering over the house and the 24 men were abseiling down from them and bursting in through the uppermost windows of the house. Immediately upon breaking through they encountered a group of children who screamed and scattered for different doors and down the corridoors away from the men, but with both sides of the house most of them were tranq'd before they got very far, and those that managed to lock themselves into rooms didn't stay there for very long. Armoured boots kicked in doors and tranq'd a few of them before the first signs of resistance were encountered.

One of the first teams to move off the top floor encountered a somewhat brave group of children one of whom had greyish skin and red eyes. With lightning quick reflexes they jumped at the team and seemed to move almost too fast for the team to react. Their tranq guns useless they tried hand to hand combat but the mutant seemed to be one step ahead, dodging their blows before landing his own on the men, eventually knocking them down. Another of the kids ran up and upon touching the men put them into a deep sleep.

"Come on, let's find the escape tunnels" the grey skin kid said as the kids ran off.

"Sir, we're encountering resistance" came a shout through the comm as Marcus stepped out of the chopper and adjusted his collar to keep the rain out.

Checking his watch he walked towards the front door of the house and pulled up the M79 he'd brought along and loaded a grenade. Behind him the 40 men of the front house assault team spread out on either side of him.

"Knock knock" he said and pointed it at the door smiling at the fftunk sound as the grenade shot out of the launcher and exploded the mansions front doors inwards. Dropping the grenade launcher he emptied the shell and reloaded another as the troops began to move in, six of them sticking with him.

"Holy shit they blew the hell out of delta" came an astonished call over the radio and Marcus looked over at both sides of the house trying to see any signs of what had happened.

"Sit rep, confirm Delta's status" he yelled.

All around the house the helicopters of the assault force were landing and deploying their soldiers on all sides of the house. Overhead the four Apache helicopters flew patrol, looking for any flying mutants and to just provide heavy fire support.

On the ground one of the helicopters had barely unloaded it's men when it errupted in a cloud of fire, four of the men disembarking thrown to the ground, englufed in flames. Their colleagues ran over to put the flames out while the pilot and crew of the helicopter fell out screaming.

"Holy shit they blew the hell out of delta" the pilot of the lead Apache called over the radio.

On the ground the men had traced the source of the attack to a teenage girl who was firing energy blasts from her clasped hands at the men from a window.

"Sit rep, confirm Delta's status" came Marcus' call and the pilot flew away from the fire zone in case he got hit.

"Some mutie fuck just took out Delta sir, the crew are dead, we've four men down, injured. Permission to take the little bitch out sir."

"Affirmative, but minimalise damage I don't want any collateral casualties."

"Aye sir" the pilot muttered as he brought the Apache round to get a good angle on where the girl had been.

With the flick of a switch the saftey was disengaged and a hail of fire from the M230 cannon disintegrated the window and much of the building within 6 feet of where the girl had been firing from.

"Good shooting Wolf lead" came the call from the ground. "Major, we've four men confirmed down outside the house, their injuries are serious but not life threatening."

"Sir, sir, encountering....." came another call which was cut off for some unknown reason as the Pilot moved back up to his patrol station above the house.

Entering the house Marcus could hear the pounding of footsteps around the hall ways and the screams of children some of which were being cut short, and other sounds he couldn't quite place. Silently signalling the men with him he strung the grenade launcher on his back and brought up the tranq gun and started walking towards one of the access points to the structures below the main house they'd picked up in their preliminary scans.

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde » Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:42 pm

OOC: I should probably put this here. There are some dirty words in this post, so beware. ;)

IC: The bombs didn't wake her, but the explosion at the front door did. Jessica awoke with a start, and seconds later the door to her room was forcibly kicked inwards. "Aah!" she screamed and threw herself from the bed as several darts embedded themselves in her pillow where she had been laying only moments before.

Readying his gun for another shot the attacker came around the bed to shoot her, but she had already slipped through the floor into the room below. She landed in the dining room where three soldiers were mopping up a small group of mutants. Two of them turned to face her and she ducked out through a wall before they could fire.

Running down the corridor outside someone took her by surprise. Grabbing onto her arm and forcing her to the ground. "Let me go!" she yelled, struggling against the man's grasp.

"We got a feisty one here," the soldier said to his companion, "Hand me a couple of darts, I'm out."

"Yes, sir," the man replied, fiddling through his pouch for a couple of extra rounds. "Damn it," the man said at last, "I'm out too."

The lead soldier turned to shoot him a stern look. "The Major's gonna have it in for us for wasting all our ammo on those muties back there," he told him, "Might as well radio some back up over here."

The other man nodded and picked up his radio. "Sigma team to any available units, requesting assistance in Sector two one, uh--two," he stopped suddenly and looked at his superior. "Where the hell are we?" he asked.

"Come again, Sigma team," came the static filled response through the radio, "What is your status? I say again, Sigma team report!"

The soldier carrying the radio fumbled through a reply, but Jessica could not hear his words. Time seemed to stand still as she focused intently on the transmission, something in the static was affecting her, urging her to kill. In an instant she stopped struggling and in surprise the soldier restraining her said, "Hey, s-something's happening here. She just fainted."

He could not have been more wrong. Using the opportunity presented by his confusion, Jessica whirled around and took hold of the man's throat. Yelping in surprise the soldier struggled against her grip as she forcibly drug him through the floor. About halfway through she let go of him and his cries of alarm were quickly silenced.

The other soldier, visibly shaken by the death of his friend quickly reached for his radio. "Sir, sir, encountering....." but he was suddenly cut off when Jessica reappeared through the floor in front of him and batted the radio aside. The man brought up his gun to fire, but she quickly grabbed his arm and twisted it behind him. Loosing off a couple of shots at two more guards coming around the corner to support. One of them was felled with a dart to the neck, the other quickly scrambled behind the wall.

With a swift kick Jessica tripped the man she was holding, freeing the gun from his grasp as he fell to the floor. Then, before he could roll out of the way, she leveled the tranq gun at his back and fired twice.

Return fire from the other guard filled the hallway, but he wasn't shooting tranq's. Jessica hid behind a pillar as bullets riddled the wall. Reaching down she freed the sidearm from the man she killed and ducked into an adjoining room.

After several moments of silence the attacker, joined by two others, made his way cautiously down the corridor. "This one's been tranqed," one of them said, nudging the fallen soldier with his boot, "and the other?"

"Dead, sir," the man replied.

"Where is the girl?" the lead man asked, but his question was soon answered. Leaping through the wall behind him Jessica fired two shots as she flew through the air.

The first hit one of the soldiers in the back of the neck, the second struck that same man's left arm. As he fell the others turned to unload automatic fire down the hallway. "She's got a gun!" one of them shouted.

"No shit," the other replied, "Get the Major down here, we have a problem."

The other man nodded, picked up his radio and said, "Major, encountered Special Ops agent in East Wing side corridor. Subject is well armed and dangerous."

Again Jessica appeared through the wall behind them, firing several more shots as she went. Three bullets struck the pillar above the lead soldier's head as the two whirled around and unloaded a salvo into the wall just as she passed through.

"We better get some damned help down here or--" one of them began, but he was suddenly cut off as hands reached out and grabbed him through the wall. Twisting him around, Jessica took hold of the man's weapon and fired several shots into his companion. The bullets struck the man's combat vest but failed to penetrate. The force of the blow at such close range, however, forced him into the wall. He slid to the floor coughing for air as Jessica snapped the neck of the man she was holding. Then slowly she approached the last soldier. Desperately he tried to reach for his gun and bring it to bear, but Jessica simply kicked the weapon aside and leveled her pistol at the man's head.

"Go to Hell, you bi--" the man started, but he was silenced with a single bullet. Grabbing the submachine gun lying at his side, she took off running down the corridor. But as soon as she turned the corner she ran right smack into an entire squad of soldiers led by man bearing the insignia of a Major.

The soldiers in front leveled their guns at her and fired, but Jessica quickly scrambled around the corner as bullets riddled the wall where she once stood. Leaning around she fired several shots of her own, killing no one but forcing them to take cover. The Major was a high priority target, the only thing she could think about right now was killing him...

Darth_Kirkin
I am Spartacus

Post by Darth_Kirkin » Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:13 pm

He was walking down a corridoor when all of a sudden a girl came skidding out in front of the group. She was armed and instinctively his men raised their weapons and got off a few salvo's which she dodged.

"Hold you fire goddamnit" he yelled and held his hands out to keep the men back and took a step towards the girl, a faint smile on his face. Taking the cigar out he knelt a ways from her.

"No need to be afraid little one, we're here to take you home. Peto Quiesco he said calmly and smiled as the girl fell like a rag doll to the ground. Taking his tranq gun he fired a trio of darts into her midrif and turned to one of his men.

"You, take her back to the chopper and coodrinate prisoner retrieval and extraction."

THe man nodded and scooped the girl over his shoulder and moved off.

"This is Omega lead, time for naptime gentlemen, go with the gas grenades."

(OOC: Don't worry about me moving things, you can run your posts from when things start up to when he gives the order and the soldiers start liberally throwing the sleeping gas grenades around.)

RileyKenobi
Supergirl

Post by RileyKenobi » Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:43 am

The children were screaming.

The explosions had only been the first wave, the concussions they sent through the mansion only the first dozen of many to come. The thrum of the helos was loud and monotonous in the background, while in the foreground of Seraph's senses all she could hear were screams of children, wild with terror. A glance outside gave her an idea of just how many of these soldiers were coming; they didn't have much time. Seraph launched herself from the balcony, landing roughly in the foyer below, grabbing the first bodies she could lay hands on. Luckily for her, they were older students, two boys and a girl between 11 and 14 years of age.

"Listen to me," she said, staring them in the eyes. "Gather all the children you can find, and head for the tunnels and the lockdown rooms, do you understand? Do not try to fight them, only run. Get to safety, understand?"

The girl was crying. "What's going on, why are they trying to shoot us?" she cried, grasping Seraph's arm.

"I don't know," said Seraph. She looked at the boys, who nodded and put on their brave faces. "Now go!"

They took off down the nearest hall, calling out to their fellow students; soon a group of two dozen children were sprinting down the hallway towards the nearest escape tunnel. Seraph ducked instinctively as a window in the foyer exploded inward, showering glass everywhere, pelting her wings and arms. She did not stop to look at what came through the windows.

With a great flap of her wings she pushed off of the ground and propelled herself up to the second floor to look for students still caught in the chaos. To her horror, she found bodies strewn about on the floor, darts sticking out of their neck and chest areas. Adrenaline, pursued hotly by fear, shot through her veins and muscles. Seraph bolted, rounding the next corner with such speed she nearly lost her balance. A clatter caught her attention, and she darted into the closest room, pressing herself against the wall. After a few moments, she dared to look. To Seraph's relief, she recognized the junior as Nyah. The teen could create barriers on command.

"Nyah!" Seraph ran to her, and Nyah stifled a scream and exhaled explosively. "Are you all right?"

"They were here, they were here but I think they're coming back," she babbled, her eyes wide. "They didn't find me but I think they were waiting until - "

A dart sailed past Seraph's nose just as she moved towards the girl, and both teens flung themselves away from each other, Nyah forming a shield around her, and Seraph transforming in midair. The soldier had half a second before his chest was crushed under the weight of the massive tiger that pounced on him. He made a gurgling noise and his companion fired quickly at the beast, emptying darts right and left. Seraph felt the darts hit and thanked the stars for the thick fur and skin of the tiger before she nailed the soldier in the throat with her three-inch fangs. Static buzzed on the soldier's radio, and a frantic call for reinforcements caught Seraph's attention. She returned to her human form and called for Nyah, who came running.

"We have to get to the tunnels," she gasped. "They're everywhere!"

"Right, this way!" Seraph and Nyah jumped a flight of stairs and landed, Seraph falling to her knees before regaining her footing. Her legs and chest were burning, but the adrenaline kept her moving. They were closing in on a blockade wing when half a dozen soldiers appeared around the next bend. Nyah shrieked and threw her shields up, and Seraph found herself flying into the group of men, not bothering to transform until she was amongst them. Darts hit her human skin as it rippled into dark brown, shaggy fur. A grizzly bear appeared where the girl had been seconds before, and a few of the soldiers yelled in surprise before firing. Seraph's massive paws only crushed two skulls before she fell to the ground, knocked unconscious by the multitude of darts now peppering her grizzly fur.

Nyah screamed and felt her strength fail. Her shields dropped and so did she; there were three darts in her back.

OOC: I suppose I would have preferred one on one, but I leave tomorrow so I figured I'd start and finish it all in one go. :)

xfiend1013
Gonzo Bodhisattva

Trance

Post by xfiend1013 » Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:08 pm

A glimmer dropped from the airborne bird, and in a cloud of dust the earth was turned over, dirt in the air, flames in the ground.

Just as he had seen in his dreams. Just as he was prepared for.

Trance was watching the attack on the school, the fluid motions of the soldiers, moving like jungle ants, the students falling before them, surprised, dazed, confused and afraid. The emotions roiled upward, like steam above boiling water, into a palpable haze that Trance could feel.

He was not there, not in his body, anyhow. He was in the woods, near the most remote of the secret escape tunnels.

The soldiers were too far away to effect - Trance could only see them, influence them indirectly, only the slightest suggestions of despair.

It was enough, in some cases. But the soldiers were well-trained, efficient, impossible to placate.

And now, he knew, they were coming for him. His perceptions zoomed back to his body, floated above his meditative stance, his frozen body.

Three of them were sweeping the hill.

"I swear I got a sensor reading, sarge." Private Williams said. He swept the infrared reader over the dense forest in front of him. "Faint, like someone hurt."

"Or maybe a frosty." Sargent Thompson replied. Thompson always refered to mutants with ice-related powers 'frosties,' flame-related mutants 'burners.' The rest of his nicknames were decidedly more obscene.

"Could be." Williams said.

Thompson pulled his fist down, pointed at Williams, then at the other private, Jones. He pointed them in two directions, gave the signal for a flanking maneuver.

The two soldiers obeyed, silent and swift, vanishing into the brush.

Private Williams came nearer and nearer to Trance, who felt the soldier's memories and senses draw closer. There was little fear, that most deadlly and easily manipulated emotion. Mostly, there was curiosity, alterness, focus.

Williams came over the next small bluff, saw scattered debris. It didn't seem to fit the rest of the scene, it was almost as though it was dusty, desert-worn brick. And there was a child there, lying dead in the brick and grass.

"Must have been blasted from the bombs. Shit." He said, looking down at the pool of blood, the jagged wounds, the head cast aside, eyes frozen in perpetual uncomprehending astonishment. Just like the kid in Iraq, after the cluster bombs.

He clicked on his radio. "Sarge, I found our mutie. Dead."

"Tag 'em." Thompson replied. "We'll send a hazmat team later."

"Roger that." He said, setting the GPS signal on the ground near the corpse.

He turned to group up with the others and Trance let go of that memory, of the dusty road in Tikrit. As he closed in on his team, Trance twisted his way into another memory, more powerful even, from his childhood.

A drunken father smashed a bottle of Southern Comfort against plaster. Williams could hear the glass jingle on the carpet, smell the sick, sweet caramel of the liquor.

Williams backed away, into a corner, hearing the rasp-throated rage, feeling the warm, sticky breath. He began to sob.

When his team found him four minutes later, he was still crying in the dirt, whimpering.

"Williams!" Thompson shouted, shaking the private. "Williams, damnit!"

"Think a psych got 'em?" Jones asked.

"It sure as hell isn't shell shock." Thompson said. "Spread out."

"Should we take his weapon?"

"Yeah." Thompson said. He leaned in.

Just as his old man leaned in, bringing his hard, calloused old fist up to his neck.

"You make me sick, you little shit." Coming in now, Williams knew what would happen next.

But not this time. This time, he had a gun. This time, he'd show the old man.

His mother wouldn't cry herself to sleep at night anymore.

Thompson was blasted down by the barrage of tranq darts as Williams shrieked into the woods, firing more or less at random, howling as his mind filled with fear and panic that all the war in the world couldn't bring.

Jones returned the favor, catching Williams in the neck with a dart. He stumbled, and then fell. Quiet firefight.

"What the hell?" He asked. He tugged at his face-mounted radio headset.

"Command, I've got something going on here. Williams lost it, tagged Jones."

"Place a GPS tracker and wait for backup." The reply came.

Jones didn't hear it as such. Trance was in his mind now, digging deeper, just on the surface.

It was enough.

"Evac your position. We're pulling out. Head to the evac point, we're sending in medivac."

"Roger that." Jones said. He felt a cold dark fear spread through the forest. Something impossible to overcome - not some mutant. Something evil, something ancient, eldritch and terrible.

The woods were like a maze.

Trance let him wander. Every glance at his GPS map further his confusion. Tinges of fear - lost, AWOL - trickled into his mind for amplification. A simple covering of a path, the sudden proliferation of trees, the tangled brush seemed so clear, then closed in on him.

Then, panic. Trance penetrated to the core, the reptile brain, the thing underneath.

Jones howled in rage and tore off his clothes, smashed his GPS unit, stomped the communicator under his heel before chucking his boots into the woods. With a final shriek he smashed the tranq gun against a tree and began to run, ignoring the lashes of brush, ignoring the burning pain of exhaustion.

And then Trance left him. Cold, shivering, alone, almost a mile away, impossibly confused.

He came out of his trance, stood, rejuvenated. He took a stick and smashed the GPS unit Williams had planted. Then, he went into the tunnel. If any of the children made it into the panic rooms, he could reach them, find their minds, lead them through the one remaining path to safety.

Balsa
Balsa is not a lie!

Post by Balsa » Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:07 pm

The magnetic field righ-hand rule determines the direction of the magnetic field produced by a current-carrying wire. Tao wasn't sure from which textbook he had read that, but he knew that he certainly didn't need the right-hand rule to determine the direction of magnetic fields; after all, detecting and manipulating the fields was almost second nature to him, and the nightly practice sessions he spent honing his skills certainly helped him see the fields more clearly.

After having helped Seraph usher in the children from the upcoming storm, Tao had lost track of her in the flood of kids, so he simply gave up looking for her and instead headed to his room. His room was fairly small but it served his purposes. A single bed, sink, cabinets, and a desk with a desktop PC occupied the space, leaving just enough open area in the middle to allow him some room to do some basic exercises and calisthenics. It also let him practice moving and manipulating various objects, using his control of magnetic fields to handle the store of junk he had in a box.

This night, he decided to work on the finer aspects of magnetic-manipulation. He had already pretty much mastered how to move objects and throw them at various speeds; his current goal was to change the shape of a piece of metal or make something entirely new out of scrap. For this purpose, he had collected an amount of iron dust, which he used to try to make cubes, chains, and other objects from.

Tao sat crosslegged on the bare floor and poured the jar of iron into a bowl. He kept his eyes open, having decided long ago that relying on closed eyes to be not smart or potentially dangerous in a real life situation, and focused on the bowl. He couldn't exactly see the magnetic fields in the conventional sense, but he could definitely feel them. He often pictured the magnetic fields as pieces of thread and found it easier to manipulate objects using such imagery.

Tao concentrated and found each individual field affecting each individual grain of iron and started to weave them together. When he had first started to do more than just move and cause things to float, he had found it very difficult to stay focused on each field. But, now, after many years of practice, he had learned how to find each string and how to tie each string to another string.

Hours passed, and the pile of iron had transformed itself into a figure. The figure was a crude humanoid, not resembling anyone in particular, just a random shape that Tao had gradually assembled. But, as he started to add a hat to the figure, a sharp crash and shaking shattered his concentration, and the iron-man crumpled into dust.

"What the hell? Can't be the storm." Tao rose to his feet and headed towards the window. He couldn't see a single thing, considering the darkness and rain. The teenager shrugged and headed back towards the remains of his iron sculpture. No sooner did he sit down than the window behind him explode inward in a shower of glass and wooden shards.

Tao spun around to see two black-clad men armed pointing fire arms in his direction. Arms raised defensively, Tao winced as the men fired, and he watched as the needle-tipped darts soared towards him. However, the projectiles quickly stopped, having entered a magnetic field the mutant had erected by reflex. There was an awkward pause as all three men stared, transfixed on the four darts quivering in the air. And then the spell was broken, and everyone leapt into action.

The two commandos fired again, but Tao still had his hold on the protective shield. The darts didn't penetrate and simply joined the previous darts as floating objects. By the time they realized their mistake, it was too late for one of the troopers. He crumpled to the ground as a foot-long shaft of iron impaled itself in his chest. The other commando didn't pause or seem affected at all by his partners messy death, and fired another salvo, the tranq darts finding their target without mishap.

As the tranquillizer took effect, Tao realized what had happened: he had accidentally removed the protective field when he had sent the one commando to his death. Even as the blackness grabbed hold of him, Tao continued to curse that mistake.

OOC:
Mmmm... Post might seem a bit broken. Kept getting distracted by so many people. Blah.

Darth_Kirkin
I am Spartacus

Post by Darth_Kirkin » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:07 am

"Major, we've a situation in the woods, possibly psyker" came a concerned call.

Fuck Marcus swore under his breath.

"Toast the woods, i want a 400 dead zone around the last recorded position, all units in the vicinity clear out now" he barked as he stepped off an elevator into the underground section of the Xavier mansion. They were impressive facilities, but what was in them could wait until he'd captured and dealt with the mutants.

"Sir, local LE's are getting emergency calls, and General Hays is on the line requesting an update."

It was lieutenant forester back in the command bunker.

"Acknowledged, tell him casualties are as projected, estimate 15 minutes until operation has concluded. Wrap up teams are already enroute and standing by. Have the LE's warn the people of a dangerous mutant attack in the area and that the National Guard are taking care of it."

An explosion somewhere up in the house was accompanied by a call for a medic. One of the kids had managed to explode the ammunition in one man's equipment, severely injuring several of the men close to him and mortally wounding the target.

"Target's been neutralising, upper floors have been cleared Major."

"Affirmative, regroup and coordinate on the lower floors before sweeping down to my position. And double up men, I don't want any more fucking mistakes." As much as he'd expected there to be this degree of trouble it still angered him that he had to put up with it.

Outside two of the escort helicopters were moving over the forest, saturating it with hellfire missiles until there was nothing left but a smoking crater and several fires around it. With a grin the pilot moved back into a holding pattern over the house and looked below through his nightvision as kids from the shool were being loaded onto sealed transport trucks.

Syn_the_Stampede

Post by Syn_the_Stampede » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:33 pm

OOC: Rewind... -Contains violence and bad language-

IC:
Even though there were only 7 people in the 24-hour diner a passerby would think there was a party taking place. Laughter, joking, and celebration suddenly spilled out into the streets as four individuals walked out of the diner. The group stopped near a car and a haphazardly parked truck. It was still raining, but a lot lighter than before.

"Did you see Gabe? He was going buck-wild on one of them. He was all like Bruce Lee or something!" Jason added a few over-exaggerated punches and kicks to his story. All four men laughed again.

"Heh, yeah, but not even Mr. Kung Fu over there got out with out a bruise or two," Mark said jokingly. He let out a small yelp and ran as Gabe took off after him. The other two leaned up against the car and watched the ridiculous chase unfold.

Jack looked over at Jason, "Yo, what time is it?"

Jason fiddled with his sleeve and studied his watch, "Oh, crap! It's time for me to go. My dad is going to wake up in an hour. C'mon guys, let's head out."

Gabriel and Mark both looked up from their wrestling to nod. They both walked over the vehicles and their friends. "We should do this more often," Gabriel said as he playfully pushed Jack.

"Pfft, you can have the fights." He walked over to his truck and opened the door. "I'll see you guys at school tomorrow and...thanks."

Gabe was about to answer, but the deafening sound of an explosion startled him. He quickly whipped around, but saw nothing except blackness. He turned toward his friends, but again, blackness. "What the-" A second explosion easily drowned his voice out.

|+|+|+|+|+|

Gabriel sat straight up in bed at the sound of a third explosion. "hell...?" He finished the sentence he started in his dream. There were screams coming from the floors above him, in the hallways, and the surrounding rooms. He didn't have to wonder too long about what they were screaming about. Gabe's door flew open from a booted kick and two men in full combat gear came through. A volley of darts followed their incursion and they were tactfully aimed at his bare chest.

The darts, however, just bounced off of the metal that seemed to instantly replace his skin. The soldiers didn't miss a beat, one threw a small object in Gabe's direction. It rolled underneath the bed and gas began to creep up from the both sides. All of this did little, but anger the man made of metal now standing before them. With surprising speed, Gabe shortened the distance between himself and the attackers. The hunters now the hunted, one turned and ran as the other covered his escape with short bursts of live rounds.

The second soldier turned to run into the hall, but it was too late by then. Gabe snatched him up by his collar and flung him backward. He hit the wall with a sickening crunch. Whether it had been the wall or his bones, Gabe didn't know. As soon as he stepped out of his room an explosion knocked him back in. The smoke hadn't even cleared before the man responsible stepped through looking for a downed mutant. He didn't even have a clear view of what hit him before he flew out of the room and through a hallway window.

Number two down, he thought as he slipped on a shirt, boots, and his leather jacket as fast as he possibly could. He was apparently too careless with is time, even dressing as fast as he could. Two more soldiers stepped through and immediately opened fire. The fight was short lived, though. The first soldier had his face smashed into a wall and the second took a shot to the head that turned out the lights. Gabe got out of his room finally and ran down the corridor.

Where the hell do I go? What the hell is happening? He turned the corner only to find a group of four men. Both parties were surprised, but it didn't take a second longer for both to take action.

"Requesting back up! The son of a bitch just won't go down. I repeat, requesting back up!" The soldier fired a few more bursts at the metal monster, but the reinforcements wouldn't get there in time.

Damn it! There's no end to these guys. What did they attack us with, an army? Gabriel dropped the unconscious soldier in his grip and continued down the corridor. All I can do is try to fight my way out. How am I gonna get passed the- His sporadic thoughts were cut short when a figure appeared out of thin air and grabbed him, then everything went black.

His vision returned almost as quickly as it went. He was standing in a small, concrete room or that's how it appeared. It might have been made out of something else entirely. There were two teenagers standing in the room with him; a girl he didn't recognize and the boy who showed him to his room earlier today.

"I saw you fighting the soldiers, but I thought it would be better if you escaped with us. Another and myself went out looking for other mutants to bring here, unfortunately, a lot of the students were captured."

"Where is 'here', and are you," Gabe pointed to the girl, "the other one who went searching for students?"

Before she could reply, the boy answered. "No, the other one is out, we're not sure if he's been captured or not. This is a panic room, so far it seems as though it has been overlooked. It leads to one of the only safe tunnels left," he looked at the girl, "Believe us, we've tried others."

"How long has he been gone?"

"He left before me, so just over 6 minutes now... I don't want to, but we might have to leave him. The tunnel is safe from soldiers, but it took a beating during the bombing. I don't know how long it will hold up."

"As you have probably seen, the house is swarming with them. If they look carefully, they'll probably find this place. I say 3 more minutes, then we need to go..." The silent nods was all Gabe needed. He reverted back to his normal form and took a seat against the wall.

OOC:Tell me if anything conflicts.

Darth_Kirkin
I am Spartacus

Post by Darth_Kirkin » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:28 am

The press room of the Pentagon was a hub of activity with every seat filled with excited reporters and camera crews all eager to hear news of the reported battles on American soil involving soldiers of the military.

They had been called there because the chairman of the Joint Cheifs was going to make a statemen. As it was he was on the phone with Major Leibowitz before heading out.

"This had better have been a success Major, I don't need to remind you of the implications of using our men on American soil."

"Relax General, the mission was a success. Casualties were within expected boundaries and we are moving the bounty to the facility. The roadblocks were in place as soon as the attack started. You will be getting the final casualty list through now sir."

"I will expect an update the moment the bounties are stored properly."

"Aye sir" came Marcus' sharp response as the phone was hung up and the General walked through the door and out to the Podium.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to thank you for coming on such short notice.

"I'm not one for sugar coating things so I'm going to get to the point. This evening at aproximately 8:35pm EST elite forces of the United States military were employed against a mutant threat of considerable magnitude."

He paused to and turned to his right a little and indicated to a wide screen tv that had been set up and he continued.

"If you will watch this screen for a moment, copies of it will be available for all the networks."

On the screen was a computer generated image of a molecule.

"This mutant threat could have potentially wiped ever normal human being from the face of the earth. Our scientists have dubbed it the 'Legacy Virus'. One of the mutants at the facility we attacked naturally emitted this virus as easily as you or I exhale carbon dioxide. We were only made aware of this new threat when two jehovas witnesses approached the school but were never heard from again. Upon further investigation by local law enforcement it was discovered that anyone that encroached upon the school grounds in a spherical area of roughly a half a square mile in diameter was consumed in a quite frankly awful way. The following pictures are quite graphic."

The screen shimmered before a sequence of photographs showing the horribly twisted and warped remains of what could have been almost any animal but for the clothing that could be seen. The bodies had been twisted and most of the soft tissue melted and warped around the bones. The bodies themselves were twisted in positions which could only be described as someone in incredible pain. They weren't on the screen for long and by the reactions of some in the room, their effect was a strong one.

"Major Marcus Leibowitz, commander of the Combine forces Mutant Taskforce, was charged by the President with dealing with this new threat and ensuring the security of this great nation and the safety of its citizens.

So with support from the Air Force, and much needed assistance from local Law Enforcement in the area, we sent in a team to deal with the threat and detain any mutant terrorists encountered.

"While the casualties sustained in this are lamentable, I stand firm in my commitment to protect these shores from threats both from without and within. These terrorists present a real and ever present threat to this nations security and were dealt with accordingly. I will now take questions."

There was an almost impercetable pause before reporters were clamouring for the first question.

At a nod one reporter stood to her feet.

"Samantha Graham, Daily Bugel, how can you justify this action? Using bombs and highly trained special forces against a bunch of untrained mutants, not to mention the unconstitutionality of it?"

The General nodded attentively throughout and cleared his throat.

"Well Miss Graham, perhaps you can recall the loss of life in the last three mutant terrorist attacks against the citizens of this country? How many times has the President spoken of wishing peace with the mutants but only received spite and repeated attacks in return? How much has this nation paid in the name of tolerance only for our peacful approaches to be thrown back in our face."

His responses had been deliberatley forceful to stir up the sentiments that had been sowed by the attacks by mutants in recent months. She was doing her job well.

"There comes a time when we must choose between the needs of the many and the needs of the few. Do we continue to try and appease the violence and terror with which these terrorists strike at us with or do we make a stand and strike back?"

"Yes" the general said and pointed to another reporter.

"General, according to these reports the compound which you attacked was merely a school for gifted children, given that fact how can you justify such extreme measures?"

"A school? Those camps in Afghanistan were schools, the camps in Pakistan were just schools. Any place that teaches something can be called a school, and from our Intel these kids were not just being taught algebra.

"From the preliminary reports I've been receiving from our teams on site, there is an entire undergroup complex beneath the school which houses a stealth aircraft, a training facility which includes a full range of martial arts and armed combat ranges, a holographic training facility for recreating actual conflicts. Amoung the programs we found there include the Whitehouse, Pentagon, and more than a few featuring attacks on this own nations military forces. Had we left this 'school' unchecked who's to say what could have happened in the future.

"If these terrorists had been nothing more than an extremist group armed with guns and explosives our response would have been appropriate for that threat level. Given the nature and quite frankly bewildering variety of the mutants' abilities it was decided that the amount of force employed in this action was fully justifiable. You have all seen the destructive power some of these mutants possess and their contempt for human life. We lost 13 good men and women in this action and none were killed by arms fire."

On the screen cut in a camera shot from one of the Apache gunships hovering over the school. Clearly visible in the nightvision view were the energy beams eminating from the house and the exploding helicopter along with the burning personelle falling from it.

The General paused to put on his reading glasses and unfolded a piece of paper.

"Privates James McCahoon, Franklin Delroy, Sarah Stanowitz, Abraham Hudson, Nathaniel Harper... Sergeants Michael King, Lewis and Thomas McGregor...

Lieutenant Maxwell Cruise, Corporal Lisa Norris...."

The generals voice continued and Marcus watched the small screen in his helicopter with a smile.

"Damn that man knows how to play a crowd" he mused aloud and got several supportive yeahs from the men around him.

"Status of the final sweep" he queried into his headest.

"Just finishing up now sir, we've checked and cleared all rooms from the underground complex up. Bundling the last of them into the trucks sir."

"Very good, get your asses back to the choppers we evac once the last trucks are loaded and away."

"Aye sir" came the response and Marcus tapped the pilot of the helo who nodded and pulled on the stick, easing the craft off the ground.

Below and to one side Marcus could see the last of the mutant prisoners being carried by some of the troops and being thrown none to gently into the specially designed hazmat trucks which were hermetically sealed and would keep their cargo sedated for the duration of the trip.

There were a half dozen of the trucks along with several regular ones in which troops in hazmat gear waited to escort the others to the base.

As the helicopter force flew away Marcus looked down to see the flashing lights far below of one of the roadblocks the local PD had set up to keep civilians away from the area. All they would have had to do would have been mention the word mutant and the school togethe and the locals would have stayed clear of it anyway, but Marcus was not one to take chances.

"ETA to the base is 20 minutes sir" the pilot shouted over. "The weathers clearing so it'll be plain sailing."

Marcus smiled and sat back in his seat as far below the convoy of mutant prisoners began rumbling along the roads with it's escort of soldiers and police cars. All in all it had been a good night he thought as he lit up another cigar.

Darth_Kirkin
I am Spartacus

Post by Darth_Kirkin » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:34 am

A roadblock 2 miles from the Xavier mansion

"I'm sorry maam, but this area has been quarantined due to a mutant problem. We're in the process of clearing it out and it should be passable in no time."

Sergeant Douglas McAdams stood up from the car as the exhasperated woman wound her window up and waited, the line of cars behind her small, but annoying. He'd been standing out on the road for nearly three hours and was quite sick of it. It was cold, granted the rain had stopped but the lack of clouds was only making it colder and he stamped his feet. A sudden squawk from his radio refocused his attention.

"Go ahead dispatch."

"Convoy on it's way, clear the roadblock. Once it's passed allow civilians to reenter area. Safety cordon is still in effect around the immediate area."

"10-4" he said relieved and waved to the other officers standing who nodded and began to removed the wooden barriers while two others climbed into their cruisers and moved them out of the lane heading out of the area.

McAdams held up his hand to keep the civilian traffic in place and turned to see the lights of the truck convoy approaching. He could feel the vibrations of their heavy wheels moving down the road long before they even passed him and he watched with great curiosity as two regular army trucks passed followed by other trucks he didn't recognise, but the hazmat symbol on the side was clear enough. Almost subconsciously he held his breath as they passed. And then they were gone.

"Doug" came a shout and his attention was brought back to the road around him and he nodded to his partner who climbed into their cruiser and moved it on to the side of the road and he started waving the civilian cars through. There were tooted horns of thanks and a few waves from kids in some of the cars as they drove past and being the good policeman he was he waved and smiled back before climbing into the warmth of his cruiser.

"Remind me never to volunteer for overtime again Tom" he said with a laugh as the cruiser started up and joined the others as they headed off back to the station. "I don't know about you but a hot coffee and a donught would be the nectar of the gods right about now."

"Damn straight" Tom said with a laugh as the cars dissapeared on down the road.

The helicopters had landed at the base and the men had begun to disembark, heading into their special quarters within the base. Most were silent as they entered in, the adrenaline from the operation starting to wear off.

Marcus was waiting for them as they made their way down to the secure lifts and down into the prison facility itself.

"Alpha, Bravo, Charlie teams will check out the cells for the prisoner arrivals. Delta, Epsilon and Foxtrot will escort the prisoners to their cells. You did your country proud tonight, a few hours more and you'll be all safe and cosy wrapped up in your comfy wumfy blankets" he laughed and the men laughed too as they split into their teams.

As the trucks started to arrive at the base, the troop carriers deployed and set up a secure perimeter while the hazmat trucks reversed, two at a time, into special heavy lifts where they were lowered into the base below. At the bottom the atmosphere inside the trucks was recycled and the doors opened.

Two at a time the soldiers entered the trucks and began moving the prisoners into their assigned cells. While the assault had been going on the special teams back at the base had been categorising the mutants and assigning them to cells depending on their power status. It took a few hours for most of them to clear and Marcus himself oversaw the unloading of the last. As the doors opened and the first soldiers came out with one young girl in particular Marcus stopped them.

"Take this one to examination room 1, have Dr Kliesman join me there immediately. In the morning we will begin properly but this one requires special attention."

The soldiers nodded unquestioningly and Marcus followed as the girl was taken down several corridoors before they entered into an almost hospital like medical room. In the middle was a chair not too disimilar to a dentists and around the walls were various storage cabinets and sets of drawers and x-ray viewers.

As the girl was set in the chair and tied in place Marcus waited as the door slid open again and Dr Hanz Kliesman entered. A man much older than Marcus, Kliesman had been working with him since the Mutant Task Forces inception in an earlier incarnation many years ago. The two were as close to friends as you could get in their line of work and regarded each other with a curious kind of comradery.

"A the good Dr, we have our first patient. I trust you won't loose her this time" he said sternly and Kliesman shook his head a little confused until he saw her face.

He was very surprised to see her and looked at Marcus with an expresion to match.

"Did... did you know she was there?"

"We had our suspicions, after all there are only so many places a mutant can go these days. Most of the original programming is still intact so we were able to detain her with a minimum of fuss."

Kliesman nodded excitedly and pulled out a little torch and opened her eyelids and flashed it into each respectively for a moment.

"Complete neural stasis, just as was anticipated... remarkable. What had you in mind for her?"

Marcus stepped a little closer and looked down at the girl who looked perfectly at peace tied to the chair.

"Retune her, reinforce the programming with few more imperatives included. I also want a full debrief on any other mutant cells she might be aware of. When you're done put her in her cell to wake up with the others."

Kliesman nodded as Marcus left the room, leaving two soldiers to stand guard. As the door slid shut he could see the Dr reaching for a small case and pulling out a rather nasty looking syringe. Marcus chuckled to himself and looked up as a soldier from the data team came up and saluted.

"Sir, we've completed prisoner transfer and have secured the base. Also, the general wished me to pass on his congratulations to you sir. The presidents been quite pleased with the results of the mission."

Marcus nodded.

"Signal the men that to get a good nights rest, we debrief at 08:00 tomorrow. Double the cell guards and monitor our 'guests' constantly. Wake me if there are any developments."

JadeKyle
Snowmobiler Extraordinaire

Post by JadeKyle » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:15 pm

Clarissa awoke she had a groggy almost sick feeling about her and every thing seemed to be fuzzy, man did her head hurt. She reached toward the end table that held her water; her hand seemed to move right through it like nothing was there. Sitting up she realized nothing was there; she sat in a steel room with a door on one end and a bed on the other that she was lying in.

"Where am I?" She muttered to herself. She had remembered falling asleep in the mansion and now she was here alone in a cell that seemed to shrink and grow colder with each passing second. She began to get scared, she was not old maybe 13, but she had experienced things that had been beyond her control when she was younger.

She heard the pounding of her father come down the hall, his drunken stagger and half steps could be easily heard, she heard a loud thump and swearing and a man struggling to get back up. He had fallen. He was going to be angry when he got in here. She looked around for a way to hide herself and she found one, under her bed, she crawled quickly as the door exploded open, she was going to pay for that too she had forgotten she locked it. The man walked around looking for her, then he wretched open her closet door and threw all the clean and hung clothes on the floor, looking for her. He stumbled over to her bed and piled the blankets on the floor with one quick swipe. He let out a low growl as he could not find her, dropping ungracefully to his knees, she wished he wouldn't see her, that he couldn't see her; she closed her eyes and felt him looking directly at her. It seemed like eternity and she opened her eyes realizing she couldn't see a thing, even more scared she closed them again. She heard her father get up and venture into the hall, in search of her mother.

This had all happened at an early age she had been molested by her father numerous times before that, but after he was never able to find her when he was in that drunken state. She had been taken away from that house at the age of 11, when a woman with white hair and white eyes had taken her, telling her family she had special abilities, her mother and father let her go. With no good bye, no emotion, just a stern good luck and they had gone back inside. She had cried for awhile and the dark skinned white haired woman, whom she later was told to call Storm, had comforted her, Storm had become both a mother and older sister to Clarissa and she didn't know if she could have survived at the mansion without her.

Her powers had helped her immensely in her early childhood. Dr. Xavier had tried to explain how they worked to her. She had the ability to control light waves, to bend them around her so that she could become invisible to the naked eye... Some of the older students called it a coward’s power and that it served no real purpose. However, Storm had showed her how good it really was. Storm had taught her how to steal unnoticed and with this additional power to her advantage whole slews of student property seemed to go missing one day and appears the next in some of the strangest places. She had become fairly adept at this until Dr. X told her to stop. He had told her to use her skills constructively. She began to extend the range of her powers being able to throw these light shields around objects a few inches, then a few feet, then before she found herself in this strange place she had been able to do it from her room from a hall way through an open door and on a desk, conveniently sat a monitor that Storm had been using. When it suddenly disappeared Storm turned behind her to look for Clarissa, seeing her not there she began to look confused. Then she got up and went out into the hall a large grin on her face, she patted Clarissa on the back and went back to work on the newly appeared monitor.

Now she was here in this small cell alone and scared.

"What am I going to do?" She asked herself out loud. She did not shed a tear. Tears were for the weak, and to shed one would give the enemy satisfaction, she had learned that from her father.