The Danger Zone (Warning rated R)

Unrelated stories that take place in a setting besides Star Wars...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

The Danger Zone (Warning rated R)

Post by Topgun220 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:18 am

OOC: put any comments you may have about the thread Here

Warning use of vulgar language

A young man lies on his bunk. Just about 23 years old he has dark brown hair and a nicely tanned skin. He is about 5,10 and 220 lbs. one of his hands is out over the edge of the bed. A helmet lays just below the hand on the ground with a callsign on it cobra. An alarm clock broke the silence of the room. The man jumped a bit at the sudden loud noise that now filled the room. He turned over in his bunk and sat up. He clumsily reached for the button until he finally got it. The alarm stopped and the room was silent again. He wipped his eyes and stood up. He walked up to the closet and pulled out his jumpsuit then opened a desk droor and grabbed a cigarette. He put it in his mouth and procured a silver lighter. He lit the cigarette and took a long drag. Then he moved to the door opened it and moved into a long cooridor.

He walked down into a large room with many tables and at the far end were racks of food. He quietly moved to a table and sat down, took another long drag on his cigarette,and then he heard a voice.

"Jack you still alive bro." A tall man with broad shoulders blonde hair and blue eyes stated. The man was about 6,2 and 280 lbs but he treated Jack with extreme respect.

"Still, how are you Nick?" Jack replied as he turned to see him walking near him to take a seat.

"Also still alive...give me a drag will ya?"Nick asked Jack refering to his cigarette he had in his mouth.

"Here keep it." Jack said. Nick graciously took it and took a drag then brought it out of his mouth.

"Hungry im gonna get me some eggs." Nick said anxiously.

"hmm i dont know about eggs but i definately need something to eat.

Both Jack and Nick move over to the food racks taking what they want. After they were both satisfied with there trays of food they sat back down and began to eat. Two more pilots walked down a cooridor into the messhall. They sat down at the same table as Jack and Nick.

"Hey fellas" said one of the pair.

Jack turned to Nick and asked him."These the new guys we got yesterday"

Nick grinned and nodded "Yup this be the newbies."

Jakc turned back towards the pair."So how many combat miisions you guys fly, Enemy planes shot down,hostile territory traversed?"

The tall one of the pair had light brown hair and a goatee. He had sky blue eyes and was obviously up tight. "Listen here we aint no newbies to the skies we came from nelis. you know where they train elite fighter pilots." The shorter one had black hair and brown eyes. He nodded his head in approvement of what his friend said.

Jack and Nick burst out laughing."You guys are the silliest bunch of newbies yet. If you spot a single fighter pilot that hasnt gone to nelis top gun or both you tell me cause i sure as hell wanna bust his balls."

Then another pilot came down the cooridor. He sat down next to Jack and Nick. He was as tall as Jack, had brown eyes, and was black.

"Hey Lew check out the newbs they saw they're good pilots cause they went to nelis." Jack greeted lewis. Lew looked at the two newbies.

"Hey whats ur names." Lew asked in a cool deep tone trying to be kind.

"Steve is my name" Replied the tall one. "I'd be Terry" Said the smaller one.

"No i mean your real names." Lew said again.

A few moments passed and Jack saw the pair were obviously confused.

"Mine is Cobra." Jack stated and the two now understood what Lew meant.

" Ohh mine's Lancer." said steve. "Mine's Burner" Terry said.

Almost on cue Nick said "Mongoose."

Finally Lew said "Mine is Talon, so i guess you boys are in our squadron considering we only got us three here left, welcome aboar.." Lew didnt get to finish an alarm went off and all hell broke loose as the loudspeakers boomed.

"All pilots report to stations enemy fighters in bound. I repeat all pilots report to stations.
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
but awesome at the same time
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:04 pm

"Ohh fuck" said Nick getting up. Jack and Lewis immediately did the same as they ran towards the flight deck elevator. The two new guys looked at each other then followed. The elevator stopped at the control tower level. Jack ran out first out the door onto the flight deck. The crew chief ran up to him.

"Ya got six migs coming in on us your fighters are ready to go."

Jack nodded his head and ran up to his F-22 Raptor which had twelve red stars painted on the side. He climbed up into the cockpit strapped on his helmet and started the plane up. He hit a few switches and the engine roared to life. The crew chief stood in front of him waving for him to hook up to the slingshot. Jack looked around the flight deck as he saw Nick,Lewis,Steve,and Terry climbing into their respected F-22s.

Jack heard a click as his fighter hooked up to the slingshot. After all his years of experience in taking off and landing on an aircraft carrier he never got used to this part. The crew chief looked at him and gave him the thumbs up. Jack waited a seccond the jammed the accelerator in at max speed. The slingshot launched and Jack felt like he was pulling seven Gees as he was propelled three hundred yards at nearly 0 to 100 in less than a seccond. His plane left the runway and Jack pulled up on the stick. Nick had launched from a slingshot as well and was in the air next to him.

Jack surveyed the radar screen looking for the enemy fighters. After almost a minute of waiting he saw three blips heading right at him and three more at Nick. By this time Lew and steve were on their way to assist. Jack put on his oxygen mask to open a channel to his squadron.

"Mongoose do you see what i see over."
"Affirmative Cobra six bogies in bound confirm over."
"Roger that break off and engage over."

Jack pulled hard left and Nick pulled hard right. The MIGs attempted to follow the turn but the pilots lack of experience to the Gees of pulling that kind of turn stopped them. Instead two MIGs continued for the carrier the other four pulled straight up to escape the Americans below. Jack pulled up following one of the MIGs attempting to get a lock. The MIG pilots were even less experience than Jack thought instead of diving down or peeling off to break the lock they continued up. Jack closed the distance with the afterburners roaring and got in range. He armed one sidewinder and locked on. The MIG pilot had to know he had a lock but he continued hoping Jack would stall but Jack knew his plane's limits and he was far from them. Nick launched a sidewinder at an enemy MIG and the MIGs right wing exploded a seccond later. Jack was about to fire when the MIG peeled off and went into a nose dive however the other MIG remained on its current route. Jack didnt think only reacted. He followed the MIGs nose dive and pulled nearly eight Gees. He was slammed into the back of his seat. The MIG was going at extreme speed downward Jack didnt have much time before the seccond MIG decided to drop behind him. So he opened fire with his machine guns rather than wait to lock on with his missles. Jack fired in accurate short bursts hoping to hit the MIG with skill rather than fill the air with rounds. His patience paid off he hit a tailwing shreading it in half. The MIG swirled around uncontrolably toward the water. At its current speed the impact would be like hitting concrete. The seccond MIG had dropped behind him and was trying to get a lock on Jack. He punched the throttle and attempted to level the plane out from its dive. The MIG tried to purse but was going to fast and overshot Jack. Jack used this to his immediate advantage doing a vertical ingram he poped behing the MIG and got a lock. The MIG pilot was freaking out doing whatever he could to try to lose Jack. Barrel rolls, ingrams, anything to get away. But the manuvers were easy for an experienced pilot like Jack and he fired off a sidewinder impacting the MIGs engine. That caused a chain reaction destroying the entire plane in a ball of fire.

"Seccond MIG down over here Cobra." Lew said triumphatly.
"Roger that Talon what about the two that went for the carrier."
"The new guys intercepted them along with some help from Mongoose over."
"Roger that, okay Eagle squadron this is Cobra return too base over and out."
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:30 am

Jack landed and relaxed once again. He moved into the safety of his room. He opened a small refridgerator and reached inside pulling out two beers. A few moments later Lewis strolled in but stopped in the doorway. He leaned against the open doorarch. Jack looked at him and threw him a beer. Lew took it a opened it but watched while Jack drank his.

Then Jack broke the silence "As we move in on their territory the resistance will get tougher. They have nearly triple as many fighters as we do and nearly ten times more groundtroops. What im trying to say is..."

Lew picked up "We are fighting a war we cant win."
"I hate to sound so hopeless but right now i just dont see how we can win. We got lucky today, the hostiles outnumbered us but they werent experience pilots. Had they been experienced me and Nick would be in a coffin. This is fucking bullshit."

Steve just happened to stroll in at the last sentence and turned around back to the messhall once he heard Jack. Lewis sighed and yelled to him.
"What ya want man were a little busy right now."
"Just wanted to tell Jack that i had been an ass before and that im sorry for treating him with disrespect."
Lew looked at jack who now laid on the bed beer in hand.
"tell em its alright just dont bust my balls again."
"He says apology accepted."

The captain then strode into the room. Both jack and Lew were suprised they jumped up and saluted. The captain returned their salute and spoke. "Lieutenant Jack Tomasetti and Lewis donaver. I have a mission for you two, follow me."
The captain left the room and Jack looked at Lewis then shrugged as he followed the captain out of the room. They went into the elevator up to the bridge. The captain got to his postion overlooking the flightdeck then spoke again with his back to them. "You two have been chosen to go on a recon mission into enemy territory. Intel says the area is clear of any SAM sites. A FA-15 Super hornet outfitted with reconisance gear is fueled and ready to go."
"Sir permission to speak freely sir." Jack said decently loud without screaming. The captain nodded and turned around. "Sir when in the fucking world has Intel been right in this war...sir."

"Thats exactly what i told the Admiral and ya know what he said...he threatened to demote me to commander if i didnt do it." The captain smiled and nodded toward the flightdeck. "Go do your duty to your country men."

Jack couldnt do anything without a possible courtmarshal as the consicuence. So he simply smiled and walked down a flight of stairs to the flightdeck. Lew followed him. They found the Hornet and starpped in. When the canopy shut tight Jack spoke out. "What in the flying fuck is going on. This is total BS. They send into enemy terrirtoy in a god damn hornet, with the shittiest intel, and say go take some pictures, ohh and try not to die."
The radio turned on "Here is your mission objective. Intel belives there is an enemy nuclear program going on there." A small dot on the HUD popped into exsistance. They plane jolted from the force of the slingshot propelling it off the carrier. Ten minutes later they were near the target site. "Okay Talon lets see if intel is wrong again." Jack said unenthusiasticly. "Wow intel was right about the facility we need to call in an air strike on that sucker...Ohh FUCK INTEL WAS WRONG ABOUT THE SAMs. One is locking on..they have us...shit im getting interferance on the radio."
Every warning light flashed as Jack saw a white smoke trail coming straight at him. He pulled the nose right at the missle heading right at it."Lets play some chicken Lew." Jack said with a deep grin behind clenched teeth.
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:58 pm

"Jack you know im always with you on crazy stunts but this one is just......beyond insane. Playing chicken with a missile!" Lew screamed at Jack. "Dont worry i know what im doing." Truth was jack had absolutely no idea what in the blue hell he was doing. He was scared to death he hoped Lew didnt notice but he was probably to scared himself to notice. Then he heard Lew praying as the missle came closer and closer. "Our father who art in heaven hallowed be thy name by kingdom come......." Jack waited until the last possible instance before jamming the plane off course. The missile exploded only a few meters away and the engines died. "Oh fuck we gotta bail Lew we gotta bail." Jack slammed the ejection lever and the canopy blew open. His seat lifted up away from the plane and a parachute deployed. Lewis followed him in his chair a moment later.

Both pilots floated to the Earth safely only a kilometer or two away from each other. Jack hit the ground and took only a seccond to collect himself then he proceded to get up out of the chair. He was now in North Korea with no contact to the outside except for his locator beacon in the chair. He got up took off the oxygen mask and opened his holster in which he kept his colt 45 handgun. He checked it out made sure it was loaded and the safety was off then he checked his clip holsters. Four extra clips a good amount but in a firefight he wouldnt do so swell. He remembered where Lew had dropped and began to traverse the dense jungles and rice paddies to get there.

It took him a decent amount of time but he eventualy reached Lew. He saw him in a clump of foilage near his chair. Jack called out to him. "Lew that you" "Yeah ya moron nice job giving away our positions.!" Lew yelled back. Jack mentally smacked himself for being so ignorant. Lew ditched his cover and ran over to Jack. "We gotta head to the chinese border man its our only hope." Lew whispered. "Why not stay here the chairs have beacons you know."Jack returned. "Well mine isnt functioning properly musta got banged up in the crash." "Shit i forgot to turn mine on!" "Well hell Jack are you sure its worth a trip and risking our lives over it." "Listen Lew were deep in Korea there is no way we can make it to china without being caught by a patrol." Jack stared directly into Lew's eyes. "Alright lets go."

After roughly an hour they made it to the dense jungle surrounding the chair. Footprint were everywhere the soles looked like combat boots. "Listen ill go hit the beacon you cover me." Jack told Lew. He nodded in reply. Jack waited a seccond or two to prepare himself. Then he shot across the plain right to the chair. He opened a small box on the side and his the tracker button so hard it stuck in. He ran back and heard a wish of air go by his head followed by the crack of an AK-74. He then heard a Bertta opening fire on the area the shot came from. Jack pulled out his Colt and fired two rounds in the general direction as he ran for cover. Lew ran out to meet him firing as he went empting a clip before he got to Jack. "Plan now hotshot?"
Lew asked in a mockingtone. "Staying alive sounds good right now." Jack returned with a smirk. More and more AKs could be heard and now Korean voices as well slowly encroaching on the pilots' position.
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:15 pm

Bullets continued to whiz over their heads as Jack and Lewis waited for the evac they hoped was on the way. Jack leaned around one side of the boulder and saw dozens of enemy troops converging around their position. He picked one out and fired. The 45 caliber round hit the Korean right in the chest, he flung back from the impact. Jack retreated back behind the boulder as more rounds flew by.

Lew popped out above the rock or to a side and fired off a few rounds. The distant sound of helicopter blades beating their way to the rock but the sound was lost over the AK-74s firing at the pilots. Lew bounced up again firing his 9mm at the incoming infantry when he fell back and grunted in pain.

Jack looked over at Lew's bleeding shoulder and his gaze worked its way up to his eyes'. "Oh fuck no Lew...dont worry youll be alright it hit your shoulder." But as Jack examined it closer he noticed the wound was just below the shoulder and in the ribs. He knew that Lew's lung had been punchered when a seccond later Lew coughed out a pool of blood."Lew man your gonna make it." Jack then heard the distant thump thump of choppers."The evac is on its way your gonna make it man i know you are just hang on a little longer." Lew coughed up some more blood and reached in his pocket and pulled out a note. "Give this to my..."He coughed out more blood vigorously."To my....wife. Jack pronise me.....damnit promise." Lew pushed the note into Jack's hand. "Lew i..i..i cant do it."
"You gotta do this for me please." "Your gonna make it Lew your the toughest guy i know." Jack's actions betrayed his words as he took the note and put it in his pocket. "It doesnt matter.." He coughed out more blood."How tough someone is....cause when the big man call your number...well he called it. Take care of yourself Jack." Blood dripped out of his mouth and his eyes' grew wide as life escaped his grasp. Tears went down Jack's eyes but his face was one of anger and determination. He lifted his hand and closed Lew's eyes. He gripped his colt and look around the boulder. Two enemy troops were coming at him. He stood up and raised his pistol, he emptied the entire clip on the two mowing them down.

He ejected the clip slapped another in and cocked it. Just then the only miracle since the orders for the mission happened. Two apache gunships came overhead and raked the jungle around Jack with rockets and machinegun rounds. A huey transport came behind them and landed near the boulder. Jack emptied the clip then ran over to Lew's body. He hefted it over his shoulder and ran into the choper. The door gunner was letting loose with the m60 LMG. Two marines inside hopped out and fired their XM-8s into the jungle. Jack jumped in and the marines followed him back on the chopper.

The flight back from that place was horrible and beautiful at the same time. Memories of Lew flooded Jack like a great river. One it was of him and Jack relaxing at Lew's house watching the raiders game. Another was when they went on vacation to mexico with Lew's wife. Now Jack stared at the pale face of Lew lying on the chopper floor stripped of life by some communist fucker who thought blowing the world to hell sounded like fun. Jack couldnt think of anything else except for Lew, he reached into his pocket for a cigarette and pulled out Lew's letter to his wife instead. He opened it and read it to himself.

Dear Ashley,

My love if you are reading this it means I messed up bad and wont be coming home for Christmas. I am sorry i failed you, my country, my friends. Please move on with yoour life and be happy. Dont dwell on scum like me meeting the only end possible. Give all my stuff away just let Jack take some things first. Sell anything of mine you dont want i hope you can move on. Im sorry.

With love,
Lewis Brawforth.

Jack held his hand up to cover his face. He was bawling his eyes out. It wasnt supposed to go like this. He should have died not Lew. Lew had a wife he had nothing except Lew. It was the same for Chris and for Robert and Pat. All of them married Pat had kids. Damnit nothing is right in this fucking war nothing....
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:54 am

Jack talked to no one about what had happened. He had told the skipper about the nuclear base and he said it was destroyed by two F-117 nighthawks. It was to little comfort to Jack. Nick tried to talk to him but it was no good. The captain awarded both men the navy cross again to little comfort. Every time he flew a mission he constantly seccond guessed his command decisions. He asked the Captain to find a more suited commanding officer for his squadron.

The captain told him he was to go on leave next to see lew's wife. Jack didnt know if he could face her now. Two days ago the Korean's launched an attack on south vietnam....a nuclear attack. Saigon was hit by a 20 megaton nuke carried by a MIG fighter bomber. The press said New York or LA could be next. That scared Jack to know that the Koreans had nukes and were willing to use them on a country. The press also said England might back out of the war and that France already backed out. Leaving the US by itself. There were also rumors of a revolution in Russia but nothing was certain at this point.

Jack sat down in the mess hall just chilling eating some breakfast. It was almost empty except for five or six people. He thought about Lew and what his next commanding officer would be like. He hoped he knew how to fly...
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts

David_Winters
Foxtrot

Post by David_Winters » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:26 am

Commander David James Heathrow was just finishing his meal in the mess hall. He picked up his plate and put it in the small recess where the mess officers washed all the trays. He started walking towards the exit when he noticed one of the pilots that was just put under his command. It looked like he was sulking. Heathrow approached the young man and came up on his side.

"Listen, you're old CO's dead, and that's cause for mourning. But not now. We're fighting a war, and if you expect to live, you're going to have to push whatever grief you have aside and listen to me? Got it?"
If you're going to do something, do it right. Or at least don't let the other side know you're cheating.

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:24 pm

Jack raised an eyebrow. Who the hell does this prick think he is he said to himself. "I was the former CO of my squadron i passed it up cause i fucked up to bad to many times. Got some really good people killed, watched em die right in my arms." He stared right into the officer's eyes trying to look into his soul and see if he was a better leader than himself. "Do you know how that feels? I hope so cause this war is the shit and i dont want my CO pussin out on me when the shit hits the fan." Jack knew he was treading dangerous ground disrespecting rank and all. But Jack was happy for once, this CO had some balls and Jack thought he could do a better job than he did. Maybe save Nick's life or Steve's or Terry's . His own life didnt matter to him anymore just the lives of his squadron mates.
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts

David_Winters
Foxtrot

Post by David_Winters » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:57 pm

"You got a pair, I'll give you that much," Heathrow straightened up, looking the younger man up and down before continuing. "You passed up a position of responsibility because you were afraid of messing up? Bullshit. You couldn't handle that position, and now I'm here. If you think being a Commanding Officer is all a bed of roses, well then wake up, damn it. I'll tell you this much. If you die up there, I won't give a rat's ass. But I'm sure the other fellows in this unit will, so I'd keep my mouth shut and my eyes open. Clear?"

Heathrow was enjoying himself. A mental Battleship game...and he believed he just sunk Jack's battleship.
If you're going to do something, do it right. Or at least don't let the other side know you're cheating.

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:07 pm

Now this conversation was going sour and Jack new he was on the losing side. "Listen i just lost a very close friend, not like expect any sympathy from you but give me a breakk here. Say how much combat you in for this war." Jack was obviously changing the subject noticing he was on the verge of calapse in a war he couldnt win. It was ironic because he felt the same way about the current war. How far he had fallen from who he was when he entered the war. He didnt even know what is worth fighting for anymore.
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts

David_Winters
Foxtrot

Post by David_Winters » Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:16 pm

Heathrow lightened up a little. "I've seen my fair share." He rested a hand on Jack's shoulder. "I need to confide something in you. Good men are going to die, and I'm sure you've already realized that. That lowers morale, but if we want to survive this mess, then we need everyone at 100% power. I don't have that influence, yet, but I sense that you do. Keep the men in line, and maybe some good things will happen. But I expect more young people to die, so keep your head on a swivel."

Heathrow patted Jack's back and started off towards the exit.

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:53 pm

Jack smiled as he walked away. "Hey whats your name?"
"David Heathrow."
"Ill see you later Dave."
Jack liked his new CO and thought about what he said. He was right alot of good men had died and were going to die. If Dave wanted his help he wasnt gonna let him down.

Jack wasnt up to date with current event so he went out and checked the news paper they got on the ship. It said we were winning the war overall on the ground,air,and sea. However one thing did catch his eye....China had entered the war on Korea's side and Russia was in the midst of another communist revolution. Something fishy was going on here and now two communist countries and possibly a third are pittied against the US. It also said the UN offically entered the war on America's side now creating a third world war.

A note from the captain came down too later on. It was for a patrol mission. Jack wondered why it wasnt sent to David since he was the CO. He decided that David should know about this ASAP. He walked up to Dave's room and knocked on the door.
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts

David_Winters
Foxtrot

Post by David_Winters » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:44 pm

"Enter."

Heathrow shuffled some papers and looked up at his door.

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:38 am

Jack pushed open the door and saw Dave looking at him.
"Commander" Jack said teasingly. "Got word from the captain he says we got ourselves a patrol mission."

"Why was this info not sent to me?"
"I guess they still think im in command sir." He handed the notice to Dave giving out the mission details. "We are to patrol one of the hottest sectors. We have orders to report to our fighters at 0630 to begin the patrol."

Jack looked at his watch it was nearly 0600.

OOC: i belive ive caught the flu so im sorry for the short post and i probably wont be able to post again for a little bit so you have complete control of Jack until im feeling a little better. feel free to throw in a few plot twists.
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts