Reverance

Unrelated stories that take place in a setting besides Star Wars...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Reverance

Post by Topgun220 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:26 am

OOC: this thread is based on the TV series firefly and the movie Serenity.

It was dark, to dark to see any more than silhouttes moving. The foxhole Sargeant Matthew Christopher was baely four feet wide and three deep. it was crowded with the addition of corpral Jenkins who lay agianst one side of the foxhole asleep. Matt scanned the horizon again looking for a shadow moving through the rest. something anything out of the ordinary black and darkness. Then he turned to his left and saw two of his fellow squadmates huddled in a foxhole not much bigger than his. To his right a larger foxhole containing four squadmates. he could not see thier faces but could tell from their movements they were scared. they only moved in quick short movment and often raised their rifle and a bush swaying in the breeze. Then a flare from somewhere not to far off a flare shot up into the dark sky. it grew bright and illuminated the entire battlefield. Matt did not look at the flare for less than a seccond before his satcom went insane with shouting and yelling from fellow soilders being attacked. luckily he had the satcom hooked up to an earpiece so it would not disturb Jenkins. Matt scanned the horizon again he saw shadows moving in on his position. they crept carefully and silently hard to spot if you werent looking directly at them. He slowly raised his rifle and scopped out one shadow. He slowly lowered his finger to the trigger. when he was sure he had a clean shot he gently pulled the trigger. The tracer round went into the shadow and a scream eminated from it. Then the entire field in front of him began firing at him. Rounds zinged over his head barely missing their target. His squad was wide awake now and returning fire. Jenkins layed next to Matt along the slope of the foxhole and let loose with carefully aimed three round bursts. Artillery rounds began to pound the area around him and his men. Sharpnel and chunks of earth flew everywhere. Matt grabbed his satcom pushing back his coat.

"This squad bravo we need imediate support over. The alliance is advancing on our position dont know if we can hold." Matt yelled into the speaker.

"This is HQ to Bravo squad, fall back to the trenches we have forces there in need of assistance. Air subbort is in route over." Came the response from inside the earpiece.

Matt didnt hesitate he yelled the orders to his men whom awknoledged. He tapped Jenkin's shoulder.

"We got rear, understand."

"Yes sir" Jenkins replied.

As his men fell back Matt and Jenkins stayed spraying rounds down range dropping alliance soldiers as they charged across the scarred plain. Satisfied he gave his men adequete time Matt tapped Jenkins' shoulder again and climbed out of the foxhole. Jenkins was right next to him running to the trench line. Then he dropped and screamed in pain. Matt stopped dead and turned around. He looked at the hundred or so alliance soldiers. Every muscle in his body resisted him running to Jenkins and heftiing him over his shoulder. He carried him right up to the trench but before he could drop in a round burned into his leg. The pain was enormus he triped but was still able to throw Jenkins in the trench. He tried to return to his feet but was shot twice more in the back. He hit the ground and looked as his men yelled for him to try harder they reached for Matt but he was to far away. Then an alliance bomber came and dropped a napalm bomb right into the trench. Matt watched as his men his brothers his family burned away in the flames. Matt tried to scream but couldnt everything grew dark and the sound of his men screaming was the only thing he heard....
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
but awesome at the same time
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts

Jedi Junkie

Post by Jedi Junkie » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:13 am

ooc: A little back ground for my character.

Else where...
Planet Hera

Coded transmission: Source unknown.
<< Agent V, you are herby allowed to use the special gift we gave you upon taking on this mission. You have down well building their trust and spying on them for us. But now is the time. We look forward to your success. >>

April 2511 Battle of serenity Valley

A small figure listened to the commique his satcoms earpiece and switched it off when it was done. Pulling out a small device from his pocket, he then switches it on and gets up from the small niche he had hide himself in. Though the haze and fire caused by the low flying alliance aircraft over head, He was able to make out the eerie blue glow coming from the device.

" Okay lets see what you can do." He said to himself as he quickly made his way through the empty foxhole. Being in 175 infantry unit for almost 4 months he had managed to gain a certain amount of trust among most of the armies solders, most off all General Rui Li. He smirked at how relatively easy it was for him to tip offer his movements to the "high command". Now with him out off the way, it won't belong until this little battle is over. With the small rod in his hand he made his way toward his units command bunker. The bunker was little more then a small hole, dug into the hillside.

The inside of it wasn't what you would call comfy. A few chairs surrounded a large wooden table with maps and charts of troop movements on top of it. Behind the table was a young woman. She was very attractive, had blonde hair and seemed to be in her mid twenties. " Lieutenant commander Xain Pu." V said with a salute. The young woman quickly span around, gun in hand and leveled it at the young man. The look on her face made it obvious that the battle was starting to get on her nerves, he eyes had a wild, fearful look about them.

She lowered the gun when she realized who had spoken to her and let out a sigh of relief. “ Don’t scare me like that Corporal.” She said Angrily as she placed her pistol back into its holster. “ Now what is it that you…” Before she could finish the sentence a strange sensation came over her. All of a sudden she had begun to feel her eyes, nose, mouth, and fingers release tremendous amounts of blood. Choking on her on plasma she tried to reach out to the corporal and ask for his assistance. But as she looked up at him, she noticed that he was standing beside her already. In his left hand he was holding a type of glowing device that was stretched out in front of her. Soon her breath had finally stopped and she lay there on the floor of her bunker in a pool of her own blood.

Coded Transmission: Source Agent V
<< The weapon functions to the best of our expectations. I have killed the enemy commander and have informed her subordinates of her death. They will no doubt be forced to surrender to our forces. I am leaving the battlefield and will be awaiting pick up at the LZ zone. Agent V Out. >>
"What the heck do you mean Trilogy ?!
Trilogy my ASS !!"
~Ham Luca~ Star Bored

http://oosterwijk.keenspace.com/
http://p067.ezboard.com/bblacknovahideout
http://p101.ezboard.com/bstarwarsthechoaticeras

High Moff Betts

Post by High Moff Betts » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:27 am

The distant ‘thungk’ of a something big hitting the ground filled Nathaniel’s heart with joy for a moment, just a moment where he allowed himself to think of that hwoon dahn Alliance fighter smacking into the valley walls, before the impossibility of the task before him bought him back to reality.
“You, pass me your knife.”
Blood spurted from the man’s wounds all over his uniform, hands, his face, it didn’t matter, Nathaniel’s fatigues had been stained a rusty shade of brown long before. Such was the life of a field medic; perhaps the only Browncoat medic left alive this side of Hera.
“What, you want me to put the handle in his mouth, you know. So he can bite down in it … for the pain?”
Nate looked up at the corporal, fixed his eyes with his own so he knew he was listening. “No I want you to hold him in place while I cut this ruined tissue away, mainly everything below the knee, otherwise I wont be able to get to the artery, I won’t be able to stitch it back together and he’ll bleed out and die. Dong ma?”
“Oh.”
The man screamed as Nathaniel cut into him, he kept on screaming as he sewed him back up, a horrible, gargling scream. They’d run out of everything a long time ago, even bandages. No drugs, no antiseptics nothing was sterile. Even if the suture held secondary infections would certainly do for him as well as any bullet. The man passed out at last, too late to spare him any pain. The other man, the one who’d helped him, threw up.
“Fang xin my friend, you did well. Say what’s your-”
Nathaniel never finished his sentence and he never did find out the man’s name. A shell, or a mortar or something blew him four and a half meters high, scattering his body parts across the trench and knocking Nate hard on his back. Something cracked, he tried to get up but the pain in his leg told him something was definitely wrong.
“Wang ba dan-” Something else he didn’t finish as a second and third mortar exploded around him.
"Tucker, there's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day." -Church. Red vs. Blue.

‘I swear by my pretty florid bonnet I will end you’ –Mal. Firefly.

Garet
Tamer of Horses

Post by Garet » Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:42 pm

"We are ponds..."

Garrett stood quietly in the bunker as the echoes of gunfire and screams rang in his ears; he slowly wiped the blood off his face with his free hand as he holstered his gun with the other.

"...Puppets to the Alliance, Garrett."

The Alliance soldier looked underneath him as the body of his superior officer layed on the floor in a pool of his own blood; a gunshot wound, the size of a rolled up finger was on the left torso. The man's gray hair was soaked with blood as his cold blood shot blue eyes stared blankly back at Garrett. He then focused his attention to the five dead browncoats that layed side by side on another; their hands were still tied behind their backs as the soldier could still see the drying tear drops at the side of their faces.

"Who cares what happends to us."

"SIR WE'RE FLANKING THE BR-" yelled one of the alliance soldiers as he ran into the bunker, only to see the dead bodies on the floor and Garrett pointing his revolver right at him.

"Drop the gun private..." ordered Garrett as the Alliance soldier stood frozen ...not in fear, but in shock. His superior officer; Garrett Williams, a soldier that many grunts of the Alliance look up to...is standing by himself in a room of dead bodies and pointing a gun at his ally.

"S-sir?"

"For every one of us that dies...the Alliance will recruit ten more to replace us."

Garrett quietly walked towards the private as he was now pressing the gun into the man's left eye.

"I will not ask you again private."

"The Aliance won't care about us, Garrett...they will give a letter of grief to our weaping parents along with a medal of rememberance."

The soldier dropped his gun as his legs began to shake...he couldn't stare directly into Garrett's eyes. The voice of Garrett's superior officer continued to echo in his mind.

"What rememberance? No one will remember who fought or died on Serenity Valley; only 'the Alliance crushed the Browncoats.'

"Private...as a last order; I want you to go and hide...the battle will soon end.' The private didn't know what to do or say as Garrett pushed the gun more into his eye as he continued, 'Yell if you want to inform everyone what has happened..."

"Let us change that..."

The soldier took a step back as he fell on the floor as Garrett stepped out of the bunker and looked around at the current war that was happening infront of him. He then noticed the group of Alliance soldiers that were outnumbering a small bunch browncoats as he began to run towards them.

"Let us be remembered...not by the Alliance, but throughout the entire 'verse"

"Fall back! The airstrike is on their way! Fall Back!"

The echoes of the airstrike team echoed in his ears; loud as ever as Garrett tried to head for cover...but it wasn't loud enough to cover the laughter of his superior in his mind.

Garrett then felt the heat of the napalm explosions as he could slightly hear the screaming of those burning, then followed by the strong smell of burning flesh. He waited a few moments until he stepped back into the field...what was left of it. Walking quickly towards a ship for a quick escape, since it was only a matter of time before everyone is informed of what Garrett did; Garrett noticed from the corner of his eye a browncoat body on the floor.

Looking at the body curiously, he noticed that the man was still alive; he would have normally left the browncoat die from his wounds...but things have changed...war changes a man.

Lifting up the injured browncoat soldier, Garrett made his way into the small transporter ship as he could hear the faint yells of what they found in the bunker.
If they swing their swords for the sake of 'order'.
I will fire my arrow for 'pride'
Then I would punch for the sake of a 'bond'

Jazic_Stravican
Absent-minded Wanderer

Post by Jazic_Stravican » Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:36 pm

Dust and debris swirled around the ground crew, caused by the engine wash of the battered fighter hovering over the makeshift VTOL pad. Carefully the pilot lowered it to the ground; its landing struts creaking ominously as they made contact with the hard-packed earth.

The ground crew moved to secure the fighter as the pilot ran through the power-down sequence. Almost twenty seconds had passed before the cockpit unsealed itself with a hiss and the pilot lowered himself to the ground; the ground chief running to his side. They conversed quietly for a moment. Then the chief turned to the ground crew and ordered them to rearm and refuel the fighter.

The pilot made his way through the crew, and ran to the squadron's HQ, a simple tent set up a short distance away from the pads, to lessen the noise of the fighters landing and launching. He gave a quick salute to the armed guard at the entrance, who took his time returning the salute, and then pulled back the flap and let him inside.

The commanding officer looked up briefly from his battle charts and reports that were spread across the table.

"Lt. Gagan, I don't recall asking you to report to me."

Varick pulled off his helmet and glared fiercely at his CO, "One more sortie, sir. Just One! We can push the Alliance back, off world even; if you just let me and the squad go one more time."

His CO sighed. "The war's over, Varik. You'll have to settle with nine combat kills."

He picked up a dispatch from the table, and handed it to Varik. "Orders came down from High Command, we're to lay down arms. They've negotiated surrender with the Alliance."

Varik looked at the piece of paper stunned. "Sir, I..."

"Go, tell the ground crew to unload the fighters. I will address the squadron."

Jedi Junkie

Post by Jedi Junkie » Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:18 pm

Coded transmission: Source unknown.
<< Agent V, I am glad to hear that your mission was a success. You have served us well during this little, incident. But I feel that your services are no longer needed. You will be taken back to hq and paid for your services, but after your unit will be disbanded. But be wary V...we may need your services once again. Until then good luck out there on congratulations. Message ends>>

Coded transmission: Source agent V
<< Thank you sirs; while I am a bit sadden that your faction will no longer need my services. I am glad to have served you these fast few years. And I do look forward to you needing my services again. But for now I think I shall take to the shadows of the verse and lay low for a bit. Message ends.>>>
Trilogy my ASS !!"
~Ham Luca~ Star Bored

Master_Cameo_Naton
Just a Rogue...

Post by Master_Cameo_Naton » Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:41 am

Bian Kuan Meng stood on the bridge of the Alliance cruiser Requiem, reading the latest warrants to come down the Cortex. Simon and River Tam, he thought, memorizing their faces and the pertinent information contained in the message. Bian thought it was interesting that there was more information provided on Simon Tam, despite the fact that the query indicated that River was the more important catch.

No doubt it was a need to know basis... and as a Captain, he didn't need to know. Captain Meng was, above all, loyal. His eyes caught the name of the ship they were supposedly stowed away on... a Firefly class transport named Serenity. He paused.

"Is something the matter, Captain?" His lieutenant must have seend the hesitation on his face.

"Not at all." He frowned. He followed the link, exploring information about the ship. The Firefly class was older, but there were still a couple of them running around the 'verse. He clicked on the Serenity's captain, one Malcolm Reynolds. It was as he thought... the man had served at the Battle of Serenity Valley, for the Browncoats, no less.

Captain Meng had been at Serenity, as well, though he wasn't a captain at the time. He'd only been a lieutenant. The battle had gone badly for both sides, and dragged on far longer than anyone could have ever predicted. Command personnel, such as himself, had been pressed into infantry service in an attempt by the Alliance to turn the tide. The Browncoats were truly dedicated to their cause, willing to lay down their lives for their freedom. Goram fanatics. The Alliance was no less dedicated, though their soldiers were a little more reluctant to die.

Bian Kuan Meng had been one of the more reluctant, but that didn't mean he wasn't completely loyal to the Alliance. He was of the mind that if these luh suh Browncoats wanted to run their own lives, why should the Alliance have to expend all these resources to stop them? He knew, given time, the rebels on the outer worlds would eventually return to the Alliance fold when bad times struck like a babe returning to its mother for milk. But the Alliance wanted them now. It was all about control.

Captain Meng could understand control. He was command, after all. He'd served, ultimately, as a sniper at Serenity, taking out dozens of Browncoats. At first, it hadn't been easy... but after a few weeks, and dozens of his comrades and friends being sent into the great beyond, he found his task a little easier. And, his academy training included proficiency in almost all weapons, in addition to his command training.

And then the battle - and the war, was over. His exemplary service on the field of battle had earned him his promotion, though many times Bian felt like he'd climbed to his post on the bodies of his friends and enemies.

"Sir?" his lieutenant asked, again interrupting his jaunt down memory lane.

"Be on the lookout for a Firefly class transport," Meng instructed. "They are fugitives from justice, and must be caught."

"Aye, sir."

Captain Meng closed down the cortex, not looking away until the image of the Firefly class transport faded from view.
Exile from the Exodus... Space Patrol... forever.

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:46 am

Six years after the battle of Serenity Valley.......

Matt shot straight up in his bed pistol in hand ready for anything. He slowly calmed himself down and whiped the sweat from his forehead. He slid over to the edge of the bed and stood up slowly. The same nightmare had haughnted him for the past six years. It was of his squad how they burned alive while Matt layed there unable to assist. It was so real, he could smell the stench, could feel the heat, and could hear them screaming out in agony. He would never tell anyone about this common occurance except for Garrett. He had saved Matt's life and matt trusted Garrett with it.

Matt went over to the closet and put on his holster and his browncoat. He walked over to the ladder and climbed up onto the deck. He took his time getting to the bridge. He entered and saw Varik sitting there legs up on the controls.

"Hey Varik we still on route to Newhall." He said to Varik in a moderate tone. Newhall was a frontier world away from alliance control. They had a deal there to make, Matt and his crew had transported some old weapons across several alliance controlled territories without being spotted. The weapons were going to go to some local gang boss that was going to pay a whole lot of squares for em.
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts

High Moff Betts

Post by High Moff Betts » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:51 am

Nathan pulled himself out of his bunk room, buttoning his burgundy shirt and making sure it was snugly tucked into his brown pants as he made his way to the bridge. He hadn’t slept yet, couldn’t sleep really, he’d picked up a new set of data disks back on Beaumonde and had spent much of the last few days watching or reading every last thing on ‘em ‘fore carefully adding ‘em to his library.
‘Nearly there yet Capn?’ He asked as he came up behind Matt, surprised to see the man awake this late/early but he covered it by staring out the window, he looked for anything that could be Newhall and saw six truth told. He couldn’t tell one from tother this far out anyways so he gave up.
‘Not long now Doctor,’ he said pointing at the nearest of the rapidly growing orbs. ‘Maybe another two hours from atmo, what do you say Varik?’
‘Double that sir, less you plan us to be taking on fuel there too?’
The captain shot his pilot a withering glare before turning to his medic.
‘Haven’t you got more movies to watch or something Doc?’
‘Not now Cap, anymore of that an my eyes’ll grow square, sides, I’ll still be needin things to watch rest of the week, mans got to keep his hobbies going, save him going space crazy. 'Specially when we’re not carrying no other entertainments.’
‘Or girlfolk.’ Varik added.
‘Or girlfolk.’ Nathan confirmed.
Another withering glare. This one Nathan bore the brunt of.
‘Say captain, your looking ‘little haggard. Trouble sleeping still? You know I could fix you up something…’ The glare continued and Nathan took the hint. ‘I’ll er, be getting those inoc jabs sorted for Newhall, come see me in the med bay when your ready for ‘em.
"Tucker, there's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day." -Church. Red vs. Blue.

Jazic_Stravican
Absent-minded Wanderer

Post by Jazic_Stravican » Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:23 pm

Varik grinned, and tossed the magazine he had been reading on the console.

Probably best to get the captain's mind off the dandy.

"So, Capt, do you want me to light her fire? Or do I have time to finish my rag," he gestured to the magazine, "before having to calculate reentry?"

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:02 pm

Matt wasn't all that happy that Doc had offered him medicine to help him sleep. But he understood that he was just trying to help. He watched the doc move down the corridor toward the infirmary. He then looked back to Varik and sighed.

" We need to get the cargo off this ship ASAP so light her up and get her groundside. Make sure you wake everyone up first though last time we hit atmo and everyone was asleep it wasnt pretty."

Matt walked down the hall and into the infirmary.

" Okay doc do your worst. However before you start i have to ask something....those sleeping drugs you were talking about do they...never mind get on with it already i need some fresh air."

He wondered in the darkest deepest spot of his mind if the drugs would help his nightmares. If they could maybe ease the blame he put on himself for the deaths of his squad. And releive the enourmus pressure he put on himself to ensure that his crew survived no matter the cost.
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts

Jazic_Stravican
Absent-minded Wanderer

Post by Jazic_Stravican » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:06 pm

"Right, Captain." He called after Matt, and then dropped the grin after the captain had disappeared from view. He's a damnable ghost. It's been six years since the war; if you can't move on, then go lie down in your grave on Hera.

He turned his attention back to the control console; dropping his feet to the floor in the process. His combat boots made a loud thud as they hit the floor. Varik threw himself into the calculations; trying to trim both fuel and time.

Jedi Junkie

Post by Jedi Junkie » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:50 am

Voice: Agent V. We are glad you could make it. I was worried you where not going to show up.

Agent V: What is my next assiment sir ?

Voice: We have a problem. Two siblings,a brother and a sister, escaped from one of our facilitys in the core. I need you to track them down and bring them back. Epscally the sister.

Agent V: An idea on there current location ?

Voice: They where last seen booking passage on an old firefly class transport. Some where out in the rim of the verse.

Agent V: Firefly craft? Can you be more speific. There are atleast 4,000 or so of those things out there. mostly in the hands of pirates and smugglers.

Voice: that was all intel could give us. We need you to board one of these ships. it is rumored that these class of vessels are favored by those that fought for the brown coats during the war. We also have info the the ships captian was also a former brown coat officer.

Agent V: So just pick onbe and hope I get lucky huh? Alright I'll head out to the border today. (Salutes)

Voice: Good luck on your mission V. If you locate here. Do not try and detain her yourself. just send word to our nearst detactment outpost. and they will apehand her. (returns salute) Dismissed.

ooc: a little taste of something juicy for you guys.
Trilogy my ASS !!"
~Ham Luca~ Star Bored

High Moff Betts

Post by High Moff Betts » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:29 pm

As the Captain left the med bay Nathan found himself hanging out the doorway, calling after him.
‘Listen Captain, Matt, don’t take this the wrong way but honest, you look like so much go-se. You need rest. If this’d been the last Firefly I’d served on I’d’ve been able to order you to sleep, Hell I could’ve had you confined to quarters till you did get some sleep.’ Nathan sighed. ‘Course that was the war. I’m just a passenger here, but as long as I’m paying my way by Doctoring I’m going to look after you‘n crew.’ Matt was about to reply but Nathan stalled him. ‘Pills I’m offer’n are just mild sedatives, nothing sly.’
Matt looked like he was about to say something harsh for a moment, but either he thought better of it or decided to go evasive. ‘Thank you Doctor I’ll take it into consideration.’ With that, the Captain turned and walked on.
‘Damn man’s gonna get himself killed tired as is.
‘Listen Captain, I know it don’t feel that way but you’re not the only man to survive. Hell I was there too, may not’ve carried gun but I wore my duster proud as sure, dreams troubled me too for a good while…’ Truth is they still do sometimes, but that’s what I’ve got my disks for ‘Take these.’ He handed him a foil of tablets. Most had been popped already, there were only three left. ‘Take ‘em, flush ‘em, feed ‘em to Varik so you can draw moustache on him I don’t care, but they helped me.’

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:38 pm

Matt looked at the tablets it was to much it seemed as though doc was concerned. It had been so long since some one was concerned about him matt had forgotton what it felt like.

"Nathan i know how much these mean to you. im not real good at thank yous so thanks."

" No problem Matt just get some sleep."

" I will under one condition. wake me before we land." Matt now changed from a slight smile to a dead serious stare. Matt thought about some sleep. He thought dealing with these gangsters was a bad idea and he needed all the rest he could get.

" Take care now Doc." Matt said as he left.
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts

Garet
Tamer of Horses

Post by Garet » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:15 pm

Garrett opened one of his eyes slowly as he noticed that half his body was hanging out of his bed; focusing at the old brown desk infront of him, he then grumbled while staring at the half empty bottle of moonshine.

"Gotta get myself a new bottle...' he grumbled while pushing himself up in a sitting position, '...After I break this one off of Whisky's head." The bloody hell did the moonshine maker give him; he hasn't had an exploding headache like this since he was in the Alliance.

Garrett slowly began to put on his regular clothing; a black short sleeve shirt and jeans with a coal grey leather jacket, he then realized that they were on route of a dropoff at a not so safe area...in his view...as he immediately holstered his revolver.

Climbing up the ladder to the hallway, he began to hear a conversation near sick bay as he made his way towards the messroom; all he needs now is a good kicker drink.

The bloody hell do we have? he thought to himself while going through the cans.

"Hey, remind me to pick up some drinks when we land." he asked as he hear someone entering the messroom behind him.

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:44 pm

Matt grinned as he heard Garrett telling him to pick up some drinks.

"Well go tell doc cause im goin to sleep for awhile until we hit atmo so i wont remeber. Why you run out of moonshine already, you must have hit the bottle pretty hard...anyhow be prepared when we get there i dont expect this to be a peaceful transaction if you know what i mean."

Although matt didnt like the fact that garrett drank he had no intention of stopping him from doing it. From time to time he would mention that he didnt like it but would never tell him not to. It not only wouldnt be nice but if a fight resulted the outcome could be disastorus for garrett and more likely himself, matt was no pushover in a fistfight but garrett could knockout someone twice his size...
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts

Jazic_Stravican
Absent-minded Wanderer

An hour and three quarters later.

Post by Jazic_Stravican » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:36 pm

"Ai ya!", Varik tossed his scratchpad away in disguest. Reverence's engines had burned twice as much fuel they should have, and he was going to have to set down on fumes in the tanks.

He cut the drive, prepared to let Reverence coast the last few minutes to periapsis, where he would burn the remaining fuel in hopes of getting his orbit to the point where it actually intercepted the planet. Otherwise they would get a grand tour of the black.

He heard someone enter the cockpit behind him and snarled to them, "That drooling moron that a mudder rated as a mechanic is going to kill us all!"

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:01 pm

Matt had just woken up and already they were about to die.

"Nee ta ma duh. Tyen-shia suo-yo duh run doh gai si!." He ran over to the communications console and casted a message shipwide. "Doc and Garrett report to the engine room immediatel and find out what is gorram wrong!"
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts

High Moff Betts

Post by High Moff Betts » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:27 pm

Nathan took five steps into the engine room and couldn’t see the Mechanic, he took one step more and half tripped, stumbled another step and tripped again over something else. He landed hard on the metal grating and cursed. He didn’t need to look at what he’d tripped over to know what it was, he’d worked it out about halfway down, though the stars and blinding pain had managed to push it from his mind for a good six seconds, and the dull throbbing ache that replaced it didn’t help either.
“Oh.” Grunted Garrett as he took in the scene before him, seeing the Doc prone so across the sprawled Mechanic he laughed a dirty sounding chuckle and said: “You know Doc, if you want I could I could leave you too…”
Nathan shook his head, pushing himself up he bent over the man, checking his vitals before snatching the voice box out of Garrett’s hand.
“Erm… Captain?”
“Yes Doctor?
“The Greasemonkey’s dead sir.”
“What wha…?” There was a short pause. “Doctor… remind me. Why did I hire you?
“For my dashing good looks and trenchant wit sir?”
“That sure weren’t it.” Garrett mumbled now rolling the prone mechanic onto his back.
“To keep me and mine alive.”
“Yes Captain but to be fair I never liked this guy.”
"Gao yang jong duh goo yang! Doctor I… can’t you do anything for him?”
“He’s cold sir, that takes time, this’ns long gone.”
“Gos se!”
“Yes’sir, gos se indeed, my sentiments exactly. I’ll take him to Medbay, see if I can work out what happened to the poor guy, I think Garrett’s gonna see what he can do to get us down from here.”
”We’re all going to die.”
“Very good sir.” Nathan clicked off the voice box and bent to drag the corpse out of Garrett’s way.

Garet
Tamer of Horses

Post by Garet » Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:02 pm

"You know Doc,' said Garrett as he watched Nathan move the body away, 'I'm no detective or anything like that, but you just don't drop dead in the middle of work without giving a warning or something."

He then began to look around the engine room as he scratched his head, he's no mechanic...sure he's tightened a few screws here and there on the engine, but fixing the engine for a fuel problem....it that is the problem, is no easy task.

"Well...gotta get down a dirty,' he mumbled to himself while rolling up his sleeves and then grabing a wrench as he looked at the engine, 'I'll go easy on you."

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:17 pm

"well hell varik try to keep us from exploding while i go help garrett will ya." Matt said turning to go down the coridor.

"Oh yeah sure no problem...Whoa! hurry up."

Matt rushed down the coridor and saw the doc putting the mechanic...matt couldnt even remeber his name he was brand new to the crew. But something was wrong the man was like 30 and in good health. Thatll have to wait till the engines fixed. Matt entered the engine room and saw garrett with oil all over him wrench in hand under the engine...he looked pissed.

"What in the gorram hell happened here."

"Dont ask just help." Matt hesitatedlooking at the status of the engine. "Today prefferably" Garrett said.

"Right." Matt went right next to garrett and helped him out trying to save the ship. With the level of skill he had they were in trouble even with matt helping him.
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts

Jazic_Stravican
Absent-minded Wanderer

Post by Jazic_Stravican » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:57 pm

Varik took a quick sensor sweep of their aft; tons of wasted fuel trailed tauntingly behind them. It was apparent what had happened.

He keyed a vox box. "Looks like that fool screwed with the flow valves or the reclaim grid trying to get more power out of that engine. You'll need to finish the repairs in eight minutes; I hafta fire the engine then or our next destination is Shadow in another nine-thousand years or so."

Meanwhile, he had slewed Reverence around with the manuvering thrusters. It was important to be aligned opposite from Reverence's velocity vector for the burn.

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:57 am

Matt jumped when Varik said they had eight minutes to fix the engines. He smashed his head off the engine. Matt backed away with his hand on his head. Went over to the wave station and opened the channel to the med bay.

"Doc get in the engine room now looking at what happened to that poor Hwoon dahn will have to wait till we save our own skins."

"But i almost know what killed him and i."
"Would you rather blow up? get down here." With that he shut the channel off and went back over near garrett.

"I think were screwed."

"No way, ive survived worse than this."

"Oh and since when were either you or I a mechanic."

"Since the engine needed fixing or we would all die."

"Right."
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts

Jedi Junkie

Post by Jedi Junkie » Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:24 am

" Shadow..It has a nice ring to it." thought a figure clad in dark attire. Putting his gloved hands into his belt he sturted through the city like a man that had nothing to hide and nothing to lose. Already he had gained a small reputation as a real tough fighter.

Six gunfighter jobs and twleve killed. Yep the man that single handley destroyed 6 different small time gangs, was a sight to behold. He was considered both a hero and threat to the small settlement, but no one dared to go near him.

Of course he was not fand of the town folk either, as he always could be seen near the spaceport looking at various incoming and outgoing ships.
Some believed he was tired of the small time jobs and was ready to book a passage into the black. While others believed that he had a compeletly different agenda.

Of they only knew the truth.....

((OOC: My characters into on planet. When you guys get there he'll be waiting.))
Trilogy my ASS !!"
~Ham Luca~ Star Bored

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:17 pm

Matt got up, he was covered in engine oil. only another minute i dont know if we can make it. he thought to himself.

"There we go. That outta do it." Garrett said rising.

The engine it seemed didnt agree with Garrett though. Matt frowned and looked at Garrett.

"Your kidding me right?" Garrett then lifted his foot and kicked the engine. It started spinning slowly then sped up to a stable speed. Matt stood wide eyed and jaw droped. Garrett turned and looked at him.
"All it needed was a good jump start Matt."

Matt went over to the waze station. He flicked the switch for the bridge.
"Ahh Varik you have power now get to saving us already will ya."

Doc came in a second later just as Garrett was walking out.

"What the?" He stared at the engine.

"Dont ask Doc just go see what killed that guy."
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts

High Moff Betts

Post by High Moff Betts » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:49 am

“What have we here…” Murmured Nathan to no one but himself as he examined the back of the dead man’s skull. “Mushy but… wrong mushy.” He mused, pocking his index finger into the blood-damp dent in the man’s occipital bone.
’Mushy?’ He mused, surprised at his own words –he’d defiantly been out here way too long, which in his mind meant defiantly not-long-enough.
’What’s next Nathan? Squishy? He asked himself. ‘Doctor Langford would’ve had you thrown out of med school if he’d heard you say that back on Londinium and Mom would’ve disowned you.’
Pushing those thoughts of a past he’d left well behind aside, with his free hand Nathan reached across to the counter and scooped a handful of popped corn out of a bedpan, one of the few luxuries left to him out here, one of the few he allowed himself at any rate. Popping a piece into his mouth he wondered how the guy could’ve gotten a hit like that from just falling over, ‘Maybe he bounced?’
With a shudder that would’ve knocked him on his backside a few years back Reverence hit atmo. A little rougher than usual, probably due to the engine trouble, but still nothing like it’d on his first Firefly. That ship, The Concord, had been an Independent Blockade runner, a warship jam packed with missiles and an 01 model to boot. Whenever she’d hit atmo the stubby wings on the old girl had bounced her ‘round like, well, with his finger lodged in the back of a dead man’s skull he didn’t think that particular simile was appropriate. Nevertheless he’d spent at least three months of the war space sick, something the crew had found immensely amusing in their ship’s Doctor.
Snapping out of his reverie Nathan gulped down the rest of his handful with little chewing and went about his grim task.

Jazic_Stravican
Absent-minded Wanderer

Post by Jazic_Stravican » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:51 pm

The ride down through atmo was bumpy, but wasn't as bad as Varik feared. True, their angle was a bit step, but the sturdy, little ship could take it.

Varik momentarily wondered if he should have mentioned he had had another two hours to put Reverence in a stable orbit around Newhall, where they could have negotiated for some fuel. Nah, that will be my little secret. He grinned.

A short while later.

Varik set the Reverence down in a valley a short distance away from the meeting place.

Taking only a few moments to power down, he slid on his aviator-style sunglasses, kicked his boots up on the console, and went back to reading his magazine. I love my job.

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:10 pm

Matt walked into the storage room. Along the walls were guns of all kinds. Ranging from winchesters to lightfoots. He took a lever action rifle and two handfulls of shells. He checked his revolver and grabed some more spare ammo. He walked up to the wave station and activated the all hands channel.

"Garrett meet me in the storage room. Doc finish up in there then come to the storage room as well...Varik relax we wont leave for a while."

He turned off the wave transsmitter. They were supposed to make a deal but that didnt mean a man shouldnt be prepared.
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts

High Moff Betts

Post by High Moff Betts » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:12 pm

“You know I don’t carry guns Captain.” Said Nathan as he arrived in the Storage room a few minutes later.
“What about grenades?” Asked Garrett as he loaded his sidearm, he’d arrived a full minute ahead of the Doctor and had wasted no time in preparing himself.
“We’re going to need grenades?” worried, the Doctor turned to the Captain.
Matt rolled his eyes, “no, we will not need grenades and yes I do remember you aversion towards firearms, however I thought you might like a wear something bullet proof just in case someone decides to start using those evil, evil weapons on you.”
“Thank you kindly.” Replied Nathan, ignoring the Captain’s tease as he pulled a black, armour weave vest on over his shirt. “And just so you know sir I have never once said guns are evil, just those who use ‘em.”
Garrett furrowed his brow and turn to Matt, “He calling me evil boss?”
“Why yes I think he is, any news on what killed our Chief Engineer Doctor?”
“That a posthumous promotion from goodfornoth’in scrounge there sir?”
“Just shut up and answer the question Doc.”
“Well the wound on back of his heads a little funny but ‘less one of you two want to own up to clobbering him and since he’s got oil all over his shoes I’d say he slipped and bounced his head off the big spiny thing in the middle.”

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:32 pm

"Death by big spiny thing in the engine....great what next." Matt laughed.
They all laughed. Then he pumped a shotgun. "Okay lets go before Garrett gets trigger happy." He walked down to the cargo bay and waited at the cargo loader. He opened it and two giant doors slid open followed by a ramp which lowered to the ground. He walked out and looked around at the valley before him. The ship was in clear view from all sides of the cliff above. He pointed to the valley entrance. "There thats where we make the deal."

After two minutes of walking they reached the entrance. He sent garrett to set up an ambush by whatever means possible. minutes passed then Matt heard horse hoves coming down the trail in front of him. "Doc alot of 'evil' people are coming down that trail you better get out of the way if they decide theyre not gonna pay us." He keyed his satcom and opened a channel to garrett. "Pick the guy with the biggest gun first then work your way down to the smaller ones." Garrett responded. "Goodluck." "You to."
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:29 pm

OOC: Garet...betts...anyone pick it up unless you want me to swing it or something....
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts

High Moff Betts

Post by High Moff Betts » Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:00 am

ooc: Do something, I'll post when I can.

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:37 am

OOC: oh yes very informative ill jump right on it.

IC: A group of men on horseback rounded the corner. All were armed with rifles or shotguns. Matt stood there craddling the shotgun in his arms. The group stoped in front of him and Matt watched as one of them possibly in charge of the group dismounted. He walked up to Matt with a smirk on his face.
"So where is the package." He spat at Matt.
"I dont remeber maybe if you show me the money itll refresh my memory." A grin spread across Matt's face.
"Maybe you give me the weapons or ill shoot you dead." Matt's grin dropped.
"You threating me." Matt said in a very serious tone.
The man delibretly spit in Matt's face. "Yup i am"
Matt wiped the spit off his face and stared at the man."Fine then have it your way." Matt was hoping this deal would be a nice and peaceful one but this dumb lug had other plans. He pulled his shotgun to his hip aimed dead at the man's stomach and pulled the trigger. He flew ten feet back into another man on his horse knocking him to the ground. One of the remaining thugs raised his rifle at Matt but recived a round in the head from garret sitting behind some bushes some 100 meters away.

Matt didnt hesitate any longer he reloaded the shotgun and shot another thug on his horse. by now the man that had been knocked off his horse was up and firing and the last remaining thug on his horse was firing at Garrett. Matt dropped his shotgun and rolled to his right pulling out his revolver. The man on the ground got a lucky shot off that hit Matt in the shoulder. Matt raised his revolver and hit the man between the eyes. Garrett and the final thug were exchanging lead neither able to land a hit. Matt took a quick shot which grazed his head and he turned to face Matt. Thats when Garrett stod straight up and out a round in the side of his head.

Matt examined his shoulder and seeing the round didnt go through he called to doc."Doc a little help here?"
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts

High Moff Betts

Post by High Moff Betts » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:16 am

OOc: Just to clarify my Notebook currently has no screen and I’ve been away from my main PC.

Ic: The Doctor strolled towards the Captain, kicking the gun out of a stirring yokel’s hand on the way.
“You scared those horses pretty fine there captain, don’t think I ever seen one bolt that fast.” It was true, he’d attended the Londinium National many times as a youth but the gun fighting had put a pretty big scare in these local beasts and had set them to running like Satan himself were but a foot behind them.
“Sorry Doctor, I was busy being shot. Besides it’s these guys fault not mine, they started it.”
Just like the war? “Yes, well I’m sure they’ve learnt their lesson, ohh that’s actually quite nasty, let’s get you to med bay…”
“No wait.” Mat, predictably lifted his arm to stall the Doctor and instantly regretted it. “Grngh… but not too long, hey Garrett, they got anything on ‘em?”
Garrett, who was by now amongst the dead and wounded and stripping them of anything worth stealing shook his head. “Nice gun or two.” He reported and the Doctor shook his head. “Few bits of jewellery not worth taking.”
“What about our pay?”
“Sorry Mat, just some of the local dross, not evan a whole platinum between them.”
“Ai ya, hwai leh!”
“Quite.”
Mat winced and grunted again as the Doctor poked at his wound, more in an effort to get him to the med-bay than any serious attempt at treatment.
“Stop it Nathan, Gah! I said stop! I’ve still got one good arm and your face is looking like a mighty fine target to me right now.”
“Sorry.”
Garrett, who’d just kicked the man in the side of the head who’d been just stirring when Nathan had walked over him, was the first to fully realise and articulate their position.
“So, we didn’t get paid, we’ve got a hold full of highly illegal cargo and we’ve barely got enough fuel to get us to the other side of this moon belt, let alone the rest of the system.”
Mat shrugged, and winced with pain… again. “You’re point being?”
“I’m hungry.”

Jazic_Stravican
Absent-minded Wanderer

Post by Jazic_Stravican » Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:02 am

Varik met the trio at the bottom of Reverence's ramp.

"Trouble? The audio pickups detected gunfire."

Garret replied. "Just the usual, Matt got himself shot again."

Varik shook his head. "Captain, how many times do I have to tell you. You want to be on the other side of the gun when it goes off."

Matt looked over at him and shot back, "Wise words from a guy who has a foot of hull plating between him and danger."

"And that," he paused to get the medbay door, " is precisely the reason why I became a pilot."

Varik's tone became more serious. "Was there any take?"

"None."

He uttered several choice swears in German. Meanwhile, the Doc and Garret helped Matt onto the chair and the Doc started treating the wound.

"Probably just as well anyway." Varik said. "Newhall's dryer than a bone."

"Why?"

"Some Alliance fat cat owns the mining rights to Newhall's rock belt and apparently the miners feel they're not getting enough of the take, so they've been sabotaging fuel production. Local comms chatter has been buzzing with rumors about the enforcement goons being sent in. Production's supposed to pick up again in a week."

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:46 am

Matt considered his options, his ship had little fuel, no money, and illegal cargo. They were caught between a rock and a hard place. A smirk grew across Matt's face. Garrett caught on and looked at Matt.
"Varik what's the chances of us getting to the nearest spacestation with the fuel we have?"
"Not a chance, to far away, not enough fuel."
Garrett spoke up."Matt your not gonna do what i think your gonna do?"
"I think i might. Its our only option."
Doc seemed worried."What he gonna do now?"
"He's gonna take this here unarmed frieghter go to the miners living quarters and ask them if they want some 'professional' help."
Matt broke in again before anyone else. "It's our only chance guys. We have the miners pay us to help them out and if their willing pay us for those weapons we got. If we win and get the mining station well maybe we can ask em for some fuel to. Im not gonna force anyone on this job so if your in speak up. Oh and if we do this only those who participate will get paid." Matt smiled deeply and went to put his hand up against a bulkhead but quickly lifted it back down as pain surged up his arm.
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts

High Moff Betts

Post by High Moff Betts » Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:37 am

Nathan shrugged. “Wound first, shoot later.”
“Normally it’s the other way ‘round Doc.” Varik shrugged as he helped the Captain out of his shirt.
Nathan ignored him. “Whatever the case I’m in, someone’s got to keep you lot from dieing ‘sides I need the money. Now you, grit your teeth, this ain’t worth doping you for and the antiseptics gonna kill.”
“Thanks for the –Thssk, …Warning." The doctor sprayed the wound with something that smelled to Matt like those ‘starship fuel’ shooters they served in that bar on Persephone while it was all he could do to keep the sting of it from watering his eyes.
“Yeah your welcome, and your lucky, bullet passed through, hell it’s barely deep enough not to be called a graze, Garrett, pass me that needle and thread will you…”

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:51 pm

"Varik i need you to do something not many pilots could do...The alliance Hwoon dahn running the show at that mine isnt going to just let our ship dock during a possible uprising. He's gonna have space defences up and trying to blow us out of the black. you need to manuver us into the miners airlock. Can you do it?"
Niko says:
were so lame
Kit_Fitsu says:
Niko says:
its so contradictory
Magic Man says:
agreed on both acounts

Topgun220
Kyr’am Gota

Post by Topgun220 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:08 pm

OOC: *Ahem* :|