World of Warcraft: Blood Legacy

Unrelated stories that take place in a setting besides Star Wars...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Balsa is not a lie!

World of Warcraft: Blood Legacy

Post by Balsa »

OOC:
Thread is set in the World of Warcraft world, but not really constrained to any of the events. OOC thread can be found here. Questions, comments, whatever should be posted there.

IC:
It wasn't until the waters of the Veiled Sea splashed against his face did consciousness seep into Axunari's brain. As his mind broke through the webs of sleep, the Night Elf rogue felt cool, damp sand beneath his chest and pasted to his face. It took a second, but he quickly realized that he was lying on the beach shores of Rut'Theran Village. Several seconds later, panic almost gripped him as his mind connected the water splashing on his face with the sand beneath his chest, telling him that he was lying face down in what would likely be rising tides.

Axunari quickly rolled to his feet and stood before stumbling backwards towards the shore village. The Elf soon lost his fight with gravity and slumped to the ground, just barely able to break his fall and prevent his head from smacking hard against the sand. He tried to push himself up but found that his arms and body were weak from exhaustion and loss of blood. His body refusing to obey his commands, Ax simply lay on the beach, trying to piece together why he was so battered.

Why am I on this beach? he wondered. I remember dinner. And sitting on the beach with… Axunari shot to his feet like a sleeping man waking up to discover that his bed had caught aflame. By Elune, no! Memories flooded into his mind as he surged forward towards Rut’Theran Village, pure adrenaline overriding all the aches and pains and injuries threatening to drag him back down to the sand.

As his feet left tracks in the sand, Axunari remembered how he and his beloved had chosen a remoter part of the beach, away from the village, so they could converse in a more private setting. He distinctly recalled the awful smell of Naga emerging from the swirling waters, the anger he felt when he realized that the monsters were going to threaten her, and the shock as the Naga speared him and left him for dead. But, most of all, Axunari remembered the utter pain and despair as he watched the foul creatures drag her into the sea below.

And now she was gone.

Determination fueled by anger and shame at his own failings kept him stumbling towards the coastal village. However, even as he came within sight of Rut’Theran Village, he felt his body gradually weaken. Determination, adrenaline, hate, and anger can only do so much against the natural destructive effects of lactic acid accumulation, loss of blood, exhaustion, and a host of other injuries. Axunari felt his mind close, but he forced himself to continue his trek. Soon, though, he lost battle and succumbed to his body’s weakness.

--

“You’re finally awake.”

Those words greeted Axunari’s ears as he slowly opened his eyes, allowing them to adjust to the bright sunlight streaming through the window. He sat up, surprised to find his body without any aches or pains. Even more surprising was the presence of a Priest of Elune standing to his right, the look on his face very stern. Ax coughed lightly and turned towards the priest. “Where am I?” he asked.

“I am Priest Iethan. You are in the Temple of Elune.” The priest regarded the young rogue with cold eyes, but his expression soon softened. “Sentinel Aruleth discovered you on the beaches of Rut’Theran Village. She brought you here, where you were treated for your injuries. You had some serious injuries, but the blessings of Elune helped us heal you.”

Axunari nodded, now realizing why his body felt completely rejuvenated. “Thank you,” he replied. “How long has it been since Sentinel Aruleth found me?”

“It actually has not been long, less than a day. However, it is –” the Priest of Elune was cut off abruptly by a loud commotion at the room’s door.

The wooden structure seemed to visibly shake as an obviously furious individual pounded on the portal. Shouting and the shuffling of feet accompanied the action, and Priest Iethan moved to let the intruder in, but the door exploded inwards to reveal a male Night Elf whose face was red with rage. The face turned a deep shade of purple as he recognized Axunari. Axunari, in turn, paled considerably.

“What have you done with my daughter!” the raging Night Elf shouted. He inched closer to Ax, hands outstretched intent on strangling the rogue.

“Nothing, sir!” Axunari slipped off of the cot and backed against the wall. Normally a calm and calculating individual, Ax almost always found himself near panic when confronting Elder Taror Siatet, who was well known for his hot temper. “Elder Siatet, sir, I honestly don’t know what happened to Nycha.”

“Lies!” Murderous intent gleaming in his eyes, the Elven lord lunged for the poor rogue, much to the surprise of Ax. However, Ax’s naturally superior reflexes enabled him to dive out of the way and roll to his feet behind the shocked Priest Iethan. “I’ve told you time and again to stay away from my daughter. You’ve disobeyed me every time, and by the Grace of Elune, you will pay! Sleeping with her, seducing her to break her from her studies, I should have you hanged!”

Axunari, slightly ashamed that he was cowering from a man decades his elder, tried to explain himself. “No, you don’t understand, sir. Nycha, she left her training to become a priest under her own will. And I have not slept with her! I would never dishonor her that way! We were only having a talk.”

“Then, pray tell, where is my daughter?” Elder Taror had amazingly reigned in his anger and was now conducting himself as befitting a Night Elf noble. “Where is she?” he hissed.

Axunari had also regained his composure by using the calming techniques that Anishar the rogue trainer had taught him. “I’m sorry, my lord, but I honestly don’t know what happened to Nycha.” He winced as he recalled the events that had led to his beloved’s disappearance. “Nycha and I, we were talking on the beaches of Rut’Theran Village. I don’t remember what exactly happened, but a band of Naga came out of the water and attacked us. I tried to fight them off, but I failed. When I woke up, Nycha was gone.” Axunari dropped his gaze to the ground. “I’m sorry. I really tried to stop them, but I couldn’t. There was too many.”

Elder Taror Siatet sneered. “You lie. It is common knowledge that Naga do not inhabit the waters around Teldrassil. Just tell me the truth about what you did to Nycha.”

“What the rogue says is true, my lord.” Axunari offered a silent prayer of thanks to the moon goddess Elune as Huntress Ravenoak stepped into the now crowded room. “My scouts have found signs of Naga along the shores of Rut’Theran Village. It appears that the rogue is correct.”

“I see.” Elder Taror turned away from Axunari and addressed the Huntress. “Retrieving my daughter is the of the utmost importance. I would appreciate if you would notify your Auberdine Sentinels of the situation.”

“Understood and easily done.” Huntress Ravenoak arched a questioning brow. “But of your daughter? Do you not want my Sentinels to search for her?”

Elder Taror paused, considering his actions. “No, I would not want to hurt the defense of the World Tree. Rather, send word to Nyran Kheiron, the druid. Tell him to gather a party to search for my daughter. You will provide him with all leads and information.”

“As you wish. And of the rogue?”

“He is an imbecile. Elune will punish him,” Elder Taror replied. The Huntress bowed and exited the room. The Elder turned back to Axunari, giving him a glare. “I will not have you punished, for you fought to protect my daughter. But know that Nyran will return her, though you will never see her again. You are forbidden from even attempting to rescue her. You will probably do more harm than good.” Without waiting for any response, Taror turned and disappeared through the door.

Silence claimed the room, and Axunari and Priest Iethan glanced at each other. The priest shrugged. “What will you do now, young Axunari?”

The rogue slumped against the wall and closed his eyes, sighing. He wanted to lash out in anger, scream, or just do something. The entire situation was so frustrating. Elder Taror, Nycha’s father, had never approved of the two’s relationship; her father always viewed Axunari as some sort of outcast or beggar, unworthy of his daughter. Ax had done his best to raise his stock with Elder Taror, but to no avail. And with Nycha’s kidnapping, there was no way he could impress Taror. And then he sends Nyran to search for her… Just to spite me.

Nyran Kheiron was Taror’s choice of mate for his daughter. Son of a famed Night Elf warrior, Nyran Kheiron was the top among his fellow druids and had been eyeing Nycha for some time. He and Axunari had always been at odds with each other, especially because Nycha cared little for the druid.

Instead of lashing out as he wanted to do, Axunari simply let out another long sigh. “I have to go search for her. I can’t just stay here and do nothing.”

“Elder Taror has forbidden you from assisting in the search,” Iethan said.

Axunari managed a weak smile. “That hasn’t stopped me before. No, I have to go. I love her. It’s my fault that she’s gone. I shouldn’t have been so stupid to go so far from the guards to talk with her.” The rogue straightened up and angrily punched the wall. “That’s it, I don’t care if I die trying, I’m going to find her.”

“Well,” the priest said as he waved Axunari through the door, “may Elune watch over you. Let me show you the way to the Temple’s storehouse. You can pick up some supplies there.”

“Thank you,” Axunari said as he followed the priest. Nycha, where are you? Please stay safe. I’m on my way.
"Mr. T once defeated Chuck Norris in a game of Tic-Tac-Toe. In retaliation, Chuck Norris invented racism." -- my brother
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

"This is too easy," Riva said quietly as she replayed the plan in her mind. The hard part was already over, snatching the Codex from the Temple of Elune beneath the watchful gaze of the High Priestess proved to be surpisingly simple. Now all she needed to do was escape. The young thief crept quietly along the wall and peered around the corner. "So far so good," she said to herself when she found no one in sight.

She darted around the corner and down the hallway when suddenly someone stepped out in front of her. "Oomph," she cried as she crashed into the unsuspecting Night Elf. The impact sent her sprawling backwards and knocked the book form her grasp. Surprisingly the Night Elf seemed unaffected by the crash and managed to maintain his balance. Just then a priest darted around the corner to see what all the commotion was about and Riva knew right then that she was in trouble.

"Nice meeting you! It's been fun, goodbye!" She cried as she scrambled to her feet and darted passed them, scooping up the Codex as she went.

"The Codex," the priest cried in alarm, "That woman has the Codex! Guards!"

Riva darted out onto the main floor of the temple, scant meters away from freedom when two sentinels moved in to block her way. The human girl skidded to a halt several feet away from them and whirled around only to find two more sentinels moving in behind her.

"Wait," she told them, holding up her hands to ward them off, "Can we talk about this?" But the sound of steel being drawn was her only response.

"Guess not," Riva mumbled under her breath, dropping the book at her feet and taking two steps back. One of the guards moved in to grab the book while the other three apprehended her. The priest and his rogue friend rushed into the room just in time to see the guards forcing the woman to her knees.

"The Codex, Holy One," the sentinel announced as she handed the book to the priest.

"I only wanted to borrow it," Riva cried out in defense, "I was going to give it back, I swear!"

"Silence, human," one of the sentinels spat at her, "You defile our sacred temple!"

"So, it's not like I haven't done that before," Riva replied indignantly, only to receive a backhand across her face.

"Quiet your tongue, human, before I cut it from your mouth," the lead sentinel told her, her voice taking on a very dangerous note. Then she turned to the other three and said, "Take this human to the stockades, there she will rot until we decide what to do with her."

"I guess this means you won't be sending me a card," Riva replied regretfully, "Pity, I was beginning to enjoy our new friendship."

Suddenly without warning Riva pulled the concealed dagger free from her left boot and jabbed it into the foot of the sentinel holding her left shoulder. Then flipping around onto her back she locked her knees around the legs of the sentinel to her right and dragged her to the ground. The other sentinels moved in to attack, but they drew up short when Riva tossed some blinding powder into their eyes. Then she whirled around and darted for the door, only to be stopped by two more sentinels and what appeared to be a very angry Elf Lord.

"Jeez, how many of you guys are there," Riva said exasperatedly. The sentinel looked at her curiously then suddenly punched the girl in the gut, taking her by surprise and knocking all the air out of her lungs. Riva fell to her knees then onto her side, grasping her gut as she tried desperately to breathe.

"Ow," she managed to say between struggled breaths, "That hurt..."
"Ol' Doc doesn't hide, he hibernates." -- Doc, Star Wars: The Old Republic

"What do you call it when you kill someone and take all their stuff?"
"Adventuring!" -- Tallis and Hawke, Dragon Age 2.
Balsa is not a lie!

Post by Balsa »

Axunari shrugged and followed Priest Iethan to the storeroom. Along the way, he wondered why anyone would be foolish enough to try to steal from the Temple of Elune. It's impossible to get away. I haven't tried, but I've planned it for quite some time. Not possible to succeed. She's a fool. As they walked, though, Ax realized that he would need companions if he were to succeed in finding Nycha. I'll need help. But who? An idea popped into his head, and he turned towards the priest.

"Priest Iethan," Ax said. "That Human rogue, she will be punished, yes?" The priest nodded. "Well, perhaps I could take her off your hands?"

"How so?"

"Well, I'll need companions to help me in my quest. If she were to accompany me, you'd save time with having to guard her and sentence her. I know Darnassus can use all guards possible to guard against possible Horde advances." Axunari hoped Iethan would buy his obvious bullshitting.

The priest nodded slowly, understanding Ax's intent. "You are quite right, young rogue. We shall speak to the guards and have her released into your custody. Come, this way."

Iethan led Ax back the way they had come and down another hallway deep into the temple. The two walked in silence until they reached a closed metal door. Iethan knocked once and pushed open the portal, revealing a dimly lit room occupied by two guards and a tied-up rogue.

"Sentinel Kortan, please release the rogue. She will be in the custody of Axunari." Priest Iethan nodded towards Ax. "She will serve him, and he will see to any further punishments and restitutions."

"As you command, Priest Iethan." Sentinel Kortan knelt and slashed the ropes tying Riva's hands and feet together. "Up, filthy cur. Be gone out of our lands."

The Human rogue stood, rubbing her wrists. Axunari gently laid a hand on her shoulder and directed her back to the hallway. "What is your name?" he asked.

OOC:
Pryde, we need to do a dual post or something so I can get Viktor to join. Basically, I was thinking Riva would try to steal something of Ax's, Vik would hear it, and intervene.
"Mr. T once defeated Chuck Norris in a game of Tic-Tac-Toe. In retaliation, Chuck Norris invented racism." -- my brother
Balsa is not a lie!

Post by Balsa »

OOC:
Dual post by Pryde and me.

IC:
Riva regarded the rogue with a raised eyebrow. "Who wants to know," she asked him.

Axunari shrugged in response. "Considering that I just saved you from a doubtful future, I'd like to know your name."

"Ha," Riva scoffed at him, "You think you saved me? I was already conceiving a plan of escape before you bungled the whole thing."

Oh boy, Ax thought. He wasn't really in the mood to argue with the Human, so he shrugged again. "Then it's your choice. Priest Iethan, would you please show us the way to the supply room? My servant here, we shall call her by a standard Human name, will carry the packs. Alice? That will suffice."

The priest chuckled and beckoned for them to follow. "This way, then."

"Carry the packs," Riva asked incredulously, "Like some little servant girl?! I don't think so! You'll be lucky if I even decide to stick around!"

The Night Elves chose to ignore the Human and quickly reach the storeroom. There, Priest Iethan rummaged through the various packs and stored goods before stuffing two packs with preserved meat, water skins, and other essentials. "There you go, Axunari. Good luck on your journey. May the Light of Elune guide you."

"Thank you, Priest Iethan." Ax bowed to the priest and led Alice by the arm up the stairs, through the halls and out of the Temple.

"You can let go of me at any time, you know," Riva said after they had left the temple, "I enjoyed our little chat together, but I really must be going now."

As they walked down the Temple ramp, a Sentinel ran up to them. "Halt! Human, to guarantee that you are under the custody of Axunari, our enchanters have crafted a pair of bracers. She’ll figure them out later." Without waiting for a response, the Sentinel seized the Human's wrists and slapped on the leather manacles. "There you go. The manacles will disappear when Axunari has decided that you’ve served adequately. Now, please, leave Darnassus immediately."

After the Sentinel had left, Axunari gave his now semi-permanent servant a half-smile. "Well, I can't really let you leave now."

Riva eyed the bracers curiously, at first they were too big but they eventually shrunk to a snug fit around her dainty wrists. She tried tugging on one, but the instant the bracer felt her trying to remove it it shocked her. "Ow," Riva cried, quickly pulling her hand away. "I'm beginning to really hate Night Elves," she grumbled under her breath.

Just then a familiar face caught her eye. "Elisar," she called out to him, the Night Elf turned to look at her and smiled. Without waiting for Axunari, the girl ran to meet him, but when she was several yards away from her captor, she felt this force pulling at her wrists. Then suddenly there was a sharp tug and Riva felt herself being pulled backwards; she was immediately lifted up off her feet and fell roughly on her back.

"Are you alright," Elisar asked, rushing to her side.

"I'm fine," Riva replied, "I think I slipped on something."

"That's good, I'm glad you're okay. Now did you get the book?"

"No," Riva told him regretfully, "but I did manage to steal this." From a side pocket on her belt she withdrew a gold pendant. In the center of the pendant was an elegantly crafted crystal wren perched atop a crescent moon. "It's not much, but I think it will sell for a reasonable price."

Axunari watched in surprise as the bracer's effects took hold. His Human friend quickly crashed to the ground where another Night Elf rushed to help her. Ax approached the two and caught the sun glinting off of a very familiar gold pendant. He instantly recognized the trinket as one that Nycha had given him many, many months ago. What the.... Realization quickly stole upon him, and he narrowed his eyes in anger.

"You thief! That is mine!" Dagger in hand, Ax rushed the Human rogue, intent on winning back his cherished possession.

Riva scrambled to her feet and quickly dodged the elf's attack, hiding behind Elisar in the process. "Finder's keeper's," she taunted him, "You shouldn't have let your guard down."
Balsa is not a lie!

Post by Balsa »

"Let my guard down like a fox!" Axunari recovered quickly from his miss and shoved the other Elf away. "You are so going to die." With that he feinted with his main hand dagger and stabbed a stiff-fingered blow into Riva's belly. Amazingly, the Human batted the blow aside and even counterattacked.

Instantly, Ax found himself on the ground, curled in a fetal position as the effects of Riva's kick took hold. Tears welled up in his eyes, but he forced himself not to cry out in pain. "That. Was. Low," he managed between gritted teeth.

Riva let out a chuckle and waved a quick goodbye before taking off.

OOC:
Sorry, Pryde, but Volkmar needs to post. If anything's not right, I'll have a mod edit it. And, yes, I know she can't get far with the bracers, but still.

Post by ViktorHark »

OOC: Well here I am, sorry it took so long and that jazz. I tried proofing it, but it still probably sucks in that area. (I suck at proofing!) And could you go easy on me since this my first real story..

IC:
Volkmar sighed in recollection of his past life. How could one of the most trusted and valued member of the order of the Silverhand, be abandoned in the midst of Night Elf capital. Then he remembered his troubled past, and then all seemed more plausible and real. Did he make the right step by swearing the Oath of Vengeance, or was his judgment back then clouded by his hat and feare? He would never know, nor does it matter, for what was done is done, and nothing he could do now would ever change that.

Volkmar stood up and walked around the simple quarters provided to him by the Priestesses of Elune. It was very simple in design, just a simple cot for sleeping and an equally simple fire for warmth at night. Skaldour, his magic hammer, and the rest of his gear were laid in a small organized pile in the corner of the room. Right now he stood in the simple robes of his order, a plain white and blue pattern with a golden hammer over his chest. The room was entirely peaceful and quiet, except for the faint crackle of the dying flame. Volkmar kneeled and began to pray, and soon he was in a deep meditative trance.

That is when the pain began again…

Volkmar edged down the path towards the abandoned chapel, dedicated to the Light, but desecrated in the name of the Scourge. Skaldour’s flame burned in the darkness of the night, and it gently spoke to him, to kill, to avenge, and to drink in the blood of his foes…

Volkmar shook his head, this new hammer was putting images into his head, leaving him disoriented and confused when he should be clear-minded and focused. He was in fact leading a team of his brother paladins to cleanse the scourge who defiled the chapel. It was in fact a great honor for him, as he was personally chosen by High Lord Bolvar to lead this attack. Yet why did he feel nervous, weak-minded, and afraid of the area around him? Paladins should be fearless and extremely courageous, but he could barely muster the force to put one foot in front of the other. He saw his brother paladins walking at an equally slow pace. He was about to order the paladins to move faster, so they can catch the scourge unaware, when a twig in the nearby forest snapped. That was the breaking point of the so carefully poised tensions of the paladins present. So much so that one paladin dropped his weapon and ran into the forest. A few moments later a horrible and blood-curdling scream broke the silence, the fleeing paladin was killed, and by something very terrible.

The remaining paladins broke ranks and formed a circle around Volkmar; they unsheathed their blades, and took out their shields. Volkmar began a prayer to the Light so that his brothers would remain strong in this time of need, and soon the entire group were caught up in prayer. Then from the darkness a spawn of undead filth came charging at the paladin circle, when…

Volkmar awoke, he was covered in his own sweat and was trembling at a frightening rate. Then he remembered what awoke him, he heard strange voices and noises outside his room. He then decided that he should at least take a look, as he no intentions of entering in such deep prayer again for some time. He walked over to his armor, and picked up a simple long sword and walked out the door.

Closing the door behind him, Volkmar quickly surveyed the situation, and moved to action instantly. There was a Night Elf lying on the ground, hurt, perhaps even more, and there was a human female running right towards Volkmar. In an instant Volkmar weighed his options and decided to take action. He sheathed his long sword, and then positioned himself right in the path of the oncoming human. Seeking merely to stun the human, not kill her without reason, he spoke a quick prayer of Repentance towards the human, knocking her down.

She looked up at the tower paladin, with a childish puppy-dog face. She opened her mouth to say something to Volkmar, but he quickly silenced her. That is when he noticed the golden necklace in her hand. Why would a human have a Night Elf necklace? Then he pieced the situation together.

“You know, you shouldn’t steal from other people.”
Do you want to live forever?!
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

"And when I want a paladin's opinion on the matter I'll ask for it," Riva replied indignantly as she climbed up to her feet and brushed herself off. "Now, if you'll excuse me," she tried to push her way passed the towering figure, but the paladin stood steadfast.

"Alright fine," Riva snapped, then she turned around and began walking the other way but to her surprise the paladin reacted quickly, grabbing her arm and holding on tight. Riva struggled against his grip to no avail. "Look, if you want me to go home with you all you have to do is ask nicely," she told him.

OOC: I'll let Volkmar respond here, and then maybe Axunari could interject, or something.

Post by ViktorHark »

“You know the rules of my order, rogue. Now let us hope that you did not damage our friend over there too much, otherwise your going to have one very unhappy paladin.”

Volkmar walked over to the body of the Night Elf, while dragging Riva with him in an almost painful process. Once there, Volkmar looked over the elf, and winced mentally at the pain this young must be going through. He spoke a quick prayer of healing, and the pain began to ease away, so much so there was a change in the elf’s face. Although some pain remained, Volkmar was able to assist the young Night Elf off the ground, to a point where he was able to stand under his own power.

“Now, young Night Elf, I suggest you tell me your name, and what is going on."
Balsa is not a lie!

Post by Balsa »

The pain almost instantly subsided, and Axunari took a deep breath to steady himself. Praise Elune that a paladin should be nearby. He looked up at the newcomer and nodded his thanks. "Thank you, paladin. My name is Axunari, and this wench stole a trinket of mine. And then cheap shotted me and ran."
Last edited by Balsa on Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

After hearing the Elf's testimony the paladin turned then to Riva and gave her a stern look. The girl shrugged in response. "It's a survival trait," she told him, "It's not my fault you men are easy to exploit."

Balsa is not a lie!

Post by Balsa »

By this time, the pain had completely left his body, and Ax had retrieved his dagger. He quickly slid the blade next to Riva's kidney and whispered into her ear. "Give the pendant back, or I'll make sure the ground is stained with your blood."

OOC:
Pryde, God created AIM for a reason. :P

Post by ViktorHark »

"Axunari, I highly suggest you put that dagger down, we don't need any more senseless violence." He gave a stern look to Axunari and then to Riva. "Rogue, you should return what does not belong to you. Also, for fairness sake, why do you have this Night Elf's pendent?"

Volkmar sighed mentally, knowing this was going somewhere, and chances are somewhere very bad.
Balsa is not a lie!

Post by Balsa »

"No, I am not backing down until she returns to me what is rightfully mine." Axunari edged the knife deeper, just enough to cut through the tunic Riva was wearing. "Human, I am tiring of this game. Give me back the pendant or I will pull it from your dead hands."
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

Riva glanced at the paladin still holding her arm then back at the rogue and sighed. "It is a pretty thing, though, isn't it?" she asked, regretfully depositing the pendant into Axunari's outstretched hand. "Given the way you're behaving right now I'm guessing a woman gave that to you," she told him off-handedly, "Tell me, where is she now?"

Balsa is not a lie!

Post by Balsa »

IC:
"Uh, I don't know," he replied lamely, having been caught off guard by the woman's question. Not sure why he was even answering the thieving rogue, Axunari continued. "She's gone, taken by some Naga. I'm heading out to search for her, and I guess I was hoping you'd be able to help me." All anger having suddenly evaporated, the Night Elf let out a simple sigh of resignation. "If you wish to go, you can. I won't keep you."

OOC:
What happened to Elisar?

Post by ViktorHark »

Volkmar released his grip on the young human female and eased back. Should he help this elf to find his lost love? Or should he stay here in Darnassus, waiting for something big to happen? Is this what the Light is putting before him to test his courage and resolve? He turned the possibilities over in his head. What to do...? Should he risk the lives of the elf and his love, by merely being there? No, he cannot go. Not after what he did that fateful night. But then again, just being in Darnassus puts the entire city at risk. He turned the various possibilies over in his head, and then he spoke his choice.

"Young Night Elf, I shall aid you. My name is Volkmar and I am, or rather was, a senior member of the Order of the Silverhand."

Volkmar could only hope he made the right choice.
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

Riva considered her options very carefully. She had no intention, of course, of willingly putting herself in any danger whatsoever and going after the Naga hardly seemed like a good idea. "Under better circumstances I would be bidding you all adieu right now," she told him plaintively, "However, considering where we are and why I am even here in the first place I have little choice but to follow you... At least until they stop following me," she said, making a slight gesture towards two night elf hunters who were attempting to blend in with the crowd.

Balsa is not a lie!

Post by Balsa »

"Thank you, Volkmar." Axunari took the paladin's hand and shook it in the Human manner. "And, Human, you are also welcome. However, I still have yet to know your name."

OOC:
Crappy post, but I'm tired and stuff.
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

"If you really must know my name is Riva," she replied, "And now that we're all acquainted can we please get out of here? My fingers are tingling and I'm afraid those elves back there are just waiting for an excuse to arrest me again."

Post by Etch_Coli »

Synaris sat amidst the ancient trees within the grove and meditated quietly. He often enjoyed his trips to the Grove of the Ancients, even though it sat within the dying woods of Ashenvale. It was dusk now, though it always seemed that way. Light was never able to fully penetrate the aura surrounding the woods. They were odd lands for the Elves, once lush and bursting with life. Now they were a husk of what used to be.

Synaris chanted softly as he communicated with the Ancients past, fulfilling his latest pilgrimage. Slowly he stood and glanced around. Off in the distance, the eerie howling of the Moonkin could be heard. He gathered his bags and his staff, and began his journey back to Auberdine.

Synaris nodded to one of the guards as he entered the town. Auberdine was fairly small town in comparison to Darnassus. Slowly he ambled over to the Inn and headed into the tavern. Finding a secluded seat towards the back, Synaris rested his staff against the wall and took his seat. He glanced around at the various patrons, relaxing after a hard days work. He couldn’t understand how they could be so absent minded, how they could disregard the wars that were going on outside these lands. Unfortunately it was generally too late once they realize the danger. The wars ravage their homes and their family and then they fight on with nothing to lose.

He sighed softly as he recalled memories of his father. His father had traveled to the Eastern Kingdoms to aid in the battles. He had not heard word from his father in over three years now. Not even the Arch Druid knew if he still lived.

Synaris’ thoughts were quickly broken as a slight barmaid come for his order.

“What will you have traveler?”

“I could go for a pint of Ale actually.”

The barmaid looked surprised, but nodded and made her way back to the bar. He had been in Auberdine for just over a week, and the barmaid had become accustomed to his “usual” which had just been water for the most part. However, with the recent memories of his father that had surfaced, he was up for something slightly stronger than normal.

The barmaid returned with his order and Synaris placed some coin on the table for her. She smiled shyly, as she always did, and thanked him softly.

He watched her walk away as he sipped his brew. She was quite attractive, the barmaid. Her long white hair pulled back into a pony tail, with just her bangs draped over her face. Deep purple markings accentuated her eyes against her light blue skin.

He found it unfortunate that he didn’t have time for such pleasantries. There was much he had to do and a relationship would only impede his work. After finishing his drink, Synaris grabbed his things and placed a few more coin on the table for the barmaid and made his way back to his room.
"Failure is the condiment that gives success it's flavor." - Truman Capote
Balsa is not a lie!

Post by Balsa »

"Nice to meet you, Riva," Axunari said. "Well, I suppose we should head out?" He turned to address the paladin. "Volkmar, both Riva and I have supplies. What about you? Do we need to stock up or anything? I know a couple stores in Auberdine where we can find some good discounts, though it is several days by boat to reach the land."

Post by ViktorHark »

"Do you honestly believe that a Paladin would not be equipped? I have a set of heavy plate armor in my room, along with a heavy two-handed sword, a thick plate shield, and my own magical hammer, Skaldour. However I can use some water and food for the journey. When would you have us leave, young Night Elf?"

Volkmar sighed mentally, this was going to be bad.
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

Riva's eyes shifted back and forth and the longer they stood there the more agitated she became. "When would you have us leave, young Night Elf?" the paladin's question caught Riva's attention.

"Now," she blurted out suddenly, "Um... I mean, let's leave now. No sense in wasting any more time here, the naga could be doing unspeakable things to Axunari's girlfriend as we speak."

Post by KingOmri »

Omri stepped off the boat and breathed in the smell of the fresh air of the port town of Auberdine. It felt good to finally be off the ship from Menethil Harbor, especially considering the company he endured for the duration of his long journey across the Great Sea. “Elves...” the priest muttered to himself. “And they claim dwarves are arrogant.” Every time the dwarven priest journeyed to the lands of Kalimdor, he instantly regretted it as he met with the fierce xenophobia and condescending nature of its Night Elf inhabitants. But this time, the trip was unavoidable. Omri came to these lands in search of a splinter of the World Tree, Nordrassil, which had been sacrificed by the elves several years ago in a last-ditch effort to destroy a demonic army bent on taking over all of Azeroth. Only a fragment of work of nature imbued with such powerful magic would do to craft the powerful staff that Omri sought to create.

Omri stood there for a bit longer, plotting his next course of action. Clearly, his first course of action must be to climb to the top of Mount Hyjal itself, the place where the World Tree once stood. He began to walk down the dock, light blue robes fluttering in the ocean breeze as he hesitated. Reluctantly, Omri approached the nearest sentinel, and asked her, “Do yeh know how I migh’ get teh Mount Hyjal?”

“Mount Hyjal is to the east, but it is forbidden for foreigners like yourself to enter such sacred ground,” the guard replied. “I advise you not to attempt to access it – we have all pathways to the top guarded with utmost diligence.”

Dammit, Omri thought to himself. I’m going to have to be sneakier to be able to get a piece of that old tree.

Edit: Wording in a couple sections.
Balsa is not a lie!

Post by Balsa »

The Night Elf held out his hands defensively. "Sorry, I just wanted to ask," he said to the paladin. "And, Riva's right. We should hurry. The docks at Rut'Theran aren't too far away. Volkmar, grab your gear and we'll meet at the docks? There, we can catch a ride to Auberdine. Everyone set? Okay, let's go."

Axunari beckoned Riva to follow him as Volkmar returned to his room to fetch his gear. "Here we go," he muttered at the group headed towards the portal that would transport them to Rut'Theran Village.

--

As the shipped rocked in the waters separating Teldrassil and Darkshore, he cradled the small gold pendant in his hands. Axunari stared out over the semi-calm ocean, lost in thought, wondering what had happened and what was happening to Nycha, and praying dearly that she was safe. The pendant in his hand brought him some peace, reminding him of the day so long ago when she had given it to him.

As he approached, she looked up from gazing down at the landscape below them. Though she appeared to sit precariously on the narrow tree limb, Ax knew that her natural Elven dexterity meant that she was secure in her place. Even then, he slightly worried that she might slip or something horrible might happen. One small slip and she'd fall many, many meters to her death.

He sat down next to her, their legs dangling off the branch. "You wanted to see me? Shouldn't you be studying?" he asked. Earlier, she had sent him an invitation to meet him here, on one of the branches outlooking the Great Sea.

She laid her head against his shoulder and he wrapped his arm around her in an embrace. "You know, it's been a year since we met. Remember how that went?"

Ax smiled as he recalled how he had met Nycha. "Yeah, I stealthed into your room to try to pocket something. It didn't go well." He had tried to take some precious heirloom of the Siatet family only to be caught by her while making his escape. She called up some ancient magic and knocked him out of the window. Miracuously, he survived and even managed to avoid capture.

"No it didn't," Nycha replied, giving her dearest one a light kiss on the cheek. "It took some time, but I eventually did find you."

"Heh, yeah." He nodded, recalling how she had hunted him down with ruthless efficiency and the knife blade she had held to his throat. Oddly enough, she had let him live after he had explained his situation. "And, with my charming character, I kept you from killing me." He tried to return her kiss, but she playfully shoved him back.

"Ha, keep believing that." Nycha smiled and looked into his eyes. "Would you ever believe that a daughter of a noble could somehow love an orphan? I know I never would believe such a thing, but look at us now."

He tried to say something, but Nycha held a finger to his lips. "Wait. I wanted to meet you here today and I'm just babbling on. I did some research the last week or two, and discovered something." She handed him a wooden box wrapped with a purple ribbon. "Happy birthday, Ax."

Ax took the box carefully and gently tugged at the ribbon to loosen the bow. The lid of the box pulled off easily, revealing a small golden pendant attached to a length of gold chain. The pendant was in the shape of a small dragon, and intricately carved runes covered the back and surface. Two miniscule emeralds were embedded where the dragon's eyes should be.

The rogue carefully pulled the pendant from its box and marveled at how the setting sun's light reflected off of its polished surface. "It's beautiful," he said breathlessly. The golden dragon slowly rotated, its emerald eyes catching the sun and glowing green. Ax's eyes narrowed as he began to recognize the design. "No, you can't."

"I can Ax. Yes, it's the same one you were going after a year ago."

"No, I can't take this, Nycha. Your father would be furious. This was given to you by your mother." Axunari tried to return the pendant, but Nycha closed his fingers around it.

"It's fine. Father doesn't know about it, and Mother would approve." She glanced down, avoiding his eyes for a moment before looking back up again. "Mother said before she died that I would give this to the man I'd love."

Ax was still quite startled at Nycha's gift. He knew the pendant had been in her family's possession for centuries, hence one of the reasons why he had wanted to swipe it before they had met. He also knew that her father would be furious if he ever found out, not that he wasn't already flabergasted at the prospect of his daughter loving a no one. "If your father finds out..."

"He won't." Nycha again laid her head on his shoulder, letting her waist-length white hair cover his arm.

"Thank you." Axunari embraced her tightly, stroking her hair with his free hand. "I don't know what to say."

"Just promise me, that whatever happens, you'll always be here for me."

"And that I do," he replied.

The screeching of gulls snapped Axunari out of his reverie. He looked towards the horizon and caught the darkened line of approaching land. Nycha, I'm sorry I wasn't able to be there for you, to preven the Nagas from hurting you. I'm on my way. Please be safe.

Post by Etch_Coli »

Synaris’ eyes snapped open as a chill crept down his spine. He looked around the room cautiously before standing. As he made his way across the room, he couldn’t help but notice that the eerie feeling was not subsiding. Taking some water from a nearby bucket in his hands, he splashed it across his face. Still slightly dazed from the peculiar awakening he rubbed his eyes as he glanced out the window.

It was still dark out, even for Auberdine. The sun was still on the rise and merchants had begun to setup their carts. None of them seemed to notice the unnerving feeling that swept the town. He had almost dismissed it until he had felt it again. It was growing; the feeling didn’t want to subside.

Quickly throwing on his robes, Synaris’ gathered up his staff and headed down stairs to look around. He entered the tavern and it seemed as though nothing was out of place. Regular customers were starting to shuffle in, grabbing something to eat before they headed out for a days work. The bar maids and servers seemed as animated and jovial as they always had. He crossed the room and made his way out the door.

As he left the Inn he heard it, anguished cries blasting from beyond the hill. Shortly following was the town’s bell, ringing an alarm. The towns denizen gathered up their things and closed their shutters. The Sentinel were responding from the reaches of the town, rushing around corners, heading towards the sounds of the alarm.

Quickly following suit, Synaris’ headed up the hill to see what was going on. As he reached the peak, he understood now, the unpleasant feelings that stirred his soul. The undead were a foul bunch, able to strike fear in men with even the strongest resolve. Skeletal beings and ghouls crowded the area, outnumbering the number of Night Elven defenders at least two to one. This would be a hard fought battle, but he felt it necessary to lend aid to his brethren.

Reaching in his bag, he pulled a small flask from his pouch and drained its contents. He winced slightly at the bitter flavor. He could feel things becoming clearer, making it easier for him to concentrate. This was no time for his spells to fail him. Chanting softly, Synaris strode into battle, raining Starfire down upon the corrupted.
"Failure is the condiment that gives success it's flavor." - Truman Capote

Post by KingOmri »

OOC: Decided to cut it a bit shorter than I originally planned.

IC:
Omri had not been able to sleep the previous night. So, as the sun was rising behind him, the priest sat at the edge of the water, meditating, praying, and considering his next course of action as he watched the ripples that danced in the water. As much as he loathed the idea, he could always attempt to ask the elven priests if they could help him to procure the artifact he coveted. After all, Omri reasoned, they are priests as well, and must understand how important a powerful weapon is in fighting off the filthy horde, and the undead continuing to slowly but surely take over the Eastern Kingdoms. Just as Omri fell into a peace meditating this course of action, he heard the cries of the Sentinels announcing that the undead were attacking. Springing up from the sitting position he had assumed on the beach, Omri grabbed his mace and prepared to smite the scourge with the wrath of the Divine.

Post by ViktorHark »

OOC: Sorry this took so long, I am nearing 60 and trying to get the phat l00t. (100k exp to go!) Sorry if this post sucks I wrote it last night when I was falling asleep >.<

Volkmar sighed mentally and returned to his room. Once there he closed and locked the door to his own little sanctuary. He fell forward, lying on his knees he began to weep. He bowed his head, and began looking for the mental fortitude that his order was known for. He could not find any. He knew that he sealed the fate of everyone in this journey by coming along. Volkmar spoke a thick curse to Gal'thozah.

Volkmar slowly lifted his head and scanned the room. His eyes focused on his hammer, Skaldour. The flames surrounding that most unholy weapon burned deeply in Volkmar's soul. His hand began to shake. Could he bring the courage to follow his word and help the troubled Night Elf? Or would he remain the coward that he was? Volkmar quickly made up his mind and decided it was his destiny to go, and nothing he would try to do would prevent it from happening.

Volkmar collected himself and walked over to his dormant gear. He strapped on the think plate leggings, chest guard, shoulders, and the other various portions of his armor. He took his crafted helm, painted stark white to reflect his order, and slowly lowered it over his face. He then reached over and threw his Claymore onto his back, then his large round shield quickly followed. Finally he reached out for Skaldour. His hand began to shake once again. This time it was far worse and it only became worse as his hand got close and closer to the hammer. Just as the tip of his hand barely touched the end of the mace's handle, he knew he had made the greatest mistake. His hand closed around the mace's shaft, and from that point on Volkmar's soul was lost. Ever last shred of humanity, dignity, and honor was removed, and in its place; a malicious intent and a murderous rage remained. The calm minor-mannered human paladin was thrown aside. Volkmar was no more. All that was left was the Unspeakable One. He had control of Volkmar's body now. Volkmar's body began to laugh in a strange emotionless way, that chilled people to the bone.

"Fool! Did that mortal actually think he could be a match for me!" spoke Volkmar's body in a dark and almost demonic manner. "Let us have some fun now..."

Volkmar's empty body produced an emotionless smirk as it left the room and headed down to the docks.
Balsa is not a lie!

Post by Balsa »

IC:
As the ship pulled into the harbor, Axunari caught the sound of Auberdine's warning bells. The ship's crew began to prepare the ship for docking, but quite a few cast worried looks at each other. The remaining crew quickly followed suit when several sentinels ran up towards the ship.

"What seems to be the problem?" the captain asked one of the armor-clad guards.

"Can you not hear the call to arms?" The sentinel brandished his polearm menacingly. "Auberdine is under attack by the Scourge! We need everyone from your ship to assist in our defense."

The captain took a step back, obviously not wanting to get involved. "Sorry, but we're only merchants. We're not paid to fight."

"You don't understand, you will help us." The sentinel stepped forward, his intent clear.

Seeing his companions stepping onto the deck, Axunari laid a hand on the sentinel's shoulder. "My friends and I will fight for you," he said nodding towards the paladin and rogue.

The sentinel, doubt in his eyes, glared at Axunari but slowly nodded. "Very well. The Scourge is advancing from the south. You will be needed there." With that, he turned and led his fellow guards back to town.

"Well," Ax said with a shrug, "I guess we should get going."

OOC:
Sorry, crappy post, but stuck in UBRS. >.<
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

"Wait, you can't be serious," Riva said incredulously, "You're not seriously expecting me to just rush in there and risk my life for a bunch of elves, are you? No offense, Axunari, but I've got to look out for number one."

Axunari, on the other hand, simply ignored her statement and started down the ramp. A moment later Riva felt that familiar tug at her wrists. Oh great, she thought to herself just before the force of the bracelets pulled her face down onto the deck. "I see your point," she muttered under her breath, climbing to her feet and following Axunari into town...