Nightstalkers: The Ballad of Fallen Angels

Unrelated stories that take place in a setting besides Star Wars...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Canada's Secret Weapon
Location: The sunny beaches of Canada, where it's always Spring Break.

Nightstalkers: The Ballad of Fallen Angels

Post by WindWaker »

Death.

It seems the world revolves around it now. People dieing and come back. It's unnatural. And unsafe.

Beasts roaming the countryside, hunting for fresh meat.

Human's aren't safe anymore, their numbers dwindling. The creatures of the night always at war with each other. And most of the Human population knows nothing of this. Peacefully lieing to themselves.

The Nightstalkers must band together and try to save the Human race. The Vampires must help the Humans to help themselves. The Werewolves must search for a forgotten race.

The world is in turmoil. And this is where our story begins...
The only difference between good and evil is an opinion.
Supergirl

Post by RileyKenobi »

Rain.

It was always raining whenever Kael decided to go out. The sky obviously had something against her, but then, she had always liked her hair wet better. Stayed flat, out of the way. It would never get in her mouth when she fed.

The buildings were slippery and wet, a dark gray occasionally illuminated by a flash of ominous lightening. No human in their right mind would be out in this weather. In the right mind, was the key phrase these days. Or nights, for her kind. Kael opened her mouth to drink some of the pounding rain that soaked her ebony clothing, making it cling to her body. The chakram at her belt made soft pinging sounds as the rain bounced off the glistening metal.

Starting to feel more chilled than usual, Kael slipped into the subway entrance that led to her underground den, where the rest of her clan was waiting out the rain until they could go out and feed in peace. Water dripped of her as her boots made echoes in the abandoned cement hallways. Pushing open one of the large, oak double doors she had come to, Kael entered the familiar atmosphere of her home.

Fellow vampires were scattered about the large downstairs room, sprawled lazily on the comfortable blood-red furniture. A few of the elder clan members were on the upper balcony, reading from massive, dusty volumes as usual. A low growl escaped her throat as she spotted a rival family member lounging in her corner. The younger man gave her a fleeting look and vacated within seconds.
Stop blowing holes in my ship!
100% Ninja

Post by GideonDuthuras »

The man dropped to the floor, his hand reaching up to stop the scarlet fountain rising from his chest. His breathing echoed in his ears, drowning out everything.

Everything except the voice of his attacker.

“I must admit friend, you made it further than most have. And for that, you have my respect.” The killer said as he wiped his blade clean with a scrap of cloth that had been lost during the fight.

“I don’t need or want your respect Abendroth.” The dying man wheezed.

“You know my name….interesting The villagers only call me ‘The Monster’”

“Yeah, and that’s what you are beast. Just a filthy monster.”

Abendroth sheathed his sword and squatted on the ground and reached a hand out for the man. The man tried to shy away from the talon-like fingernails, but they caught him in a firm, but not overly tight, grip on his jaw.

“You are an American aren’t you?” Abendroth said, studying the man’s face. “I haven’t had one of your kind here in a long time. Who sent you?”

“Go to hell monster.”

“Trust me friend, this is Hell. Who sent you? I don’t think the village couldn’t afford a hunter like you.”

The man made an attempt to spit on Abendroth, but was prevented from doing so by sudden unbearable pressure on his jaw. He could feel fingers pushing in, almost making his bones as pliable as putty, and the sharp fingernails start to dig into his skin.

“You killed two of my pets. Now, I will have to replace them. Maybe I’ll replace one with you…”

The man laughed through clenched teeth and Abendroth relaxed his grip slightly.

“I’m dead already,” the man said. “You know as well as I. You knew this wound would be mortal….so don’t bother threatening me.”

Abendroth snarled and lifted the man into the air with apparent ease, his resumed slowly crushing the man’s jaw with his hand.

“You will die, this is true. But I think you fail to realize it is I who decides how much pain you are in when you leave this world!” Abendroth shouted.

“Torture me all you want beast. I’ll die a painful death before giving you information you want.”

Abendroth’s face turned into a mockery of a grin. “Very well human…if that is what you want.”

Abendroth’s free hand shot forward, burying itself in the wound in the man’s breast. The man gagged and his eyes bulged from their sockets. With a severe pull the hand was yanked to the side, ripping through muscle, bone and organs on it’s way through the side of the man’s body. By the time it erupted from the body, blood-soaked with pieces of muscle wetly clinging to it, the man was dead.

Abendroth let the body drop, hitting the parlor floor with a dull thud. Abendroth flicked his bloody hand at the body, ridding it of some of the blood and meat. He raised his hand to his mouth, and licked the tips of his fingers, staining his tongue red. After a moment he grimaced and spit a bloody glob onto the dead man’s face.

A servant appeared at Abendroth’s side. He was disheveled, with a tuxedo hanging of his skeletal frame, his skin was a dull gray, and his eyes were so bloodshot, they appeared to be totally red. It seemed that the man cared nothing about his appearance, or anything else. And this was true, for the “servant” was in fact a slave, and pet, to Abendroth.

“Master Hugo, shall I order the body to be taken away?” the servant croaked, handing Hugo Abendroth a towel.

“Get it out of my sight.” Abendroth said, whipping his hand clean with the towel.

“Sir…may we…” the servant timidly asked, nodding to the carcass.

“Do what you want, just get rid of it.” Hugo said, flinging the towel at the servant.

The servant caught the cloth and shoved it under his nose, he took several deep breaths and grinned from under the towel “Thank you my lord….thank you.”

Abendroth, back turned, flicked his wrist at the servant, a sign to leave. Hugo was already deep in thought. He stared out of the giant parlor windows, overlooking the village at the foot of the hill. Surely the village didn’t send his would-be murderer. They had tried before, early on they’d hire a hunter from a nearby city, hoping he’d rid them of the monster at their door. But Hugo had always dispatched with these without trouble. And he'd steal many of the the village's children as a warning to to attempt such foolishness again. Then after awhile, the hunter’s died out, and the attempts ended. Granted every now and then a young man from the village would get too much drink in him and try to be a hero. Abendroth usually let them live, sending them back with only an eye or hand missing.

But who else could have sent him? The werewolves would have sent one of their own. They knew it was their best chance. And they had seemed to have forgotten about him over the years, Hugo wasn’t sure if he should feel relieved or put off by this.

He stood there overlooking the village, hearing the sound if his servants dragging the body away. He’d have to look over the man’s effects after the servants were done. He doubted the man would have any I.D., but it wouldn’t hurt to look. He might even need to take a trip away from his hamlet, to the city to get information. Perhaps one of the few vampires he had formed a uneasy trust with might know something.

There was one thing he did know for a fact, if one man could get this close to killing Hugo, another might get away with it. And while he didn’t mind the idea of dying, he certainly didn’t want it at the hands of some sneaky human who came for him while he was sleeping.

Hugo Abendroth would go down fighting, of that he was certain.
The law and justice are two entirely different matters.
I was born with a six-gun in my hand, behind a gun I'll make my final stand.

Post by Tyria »

“Each person has their own darkness, the same despair. They were all human once, don’t ever forget that…”

“I promise I never will, Garner.”

“Beware the eternal darkness, when the world is thrown into shadows. There will be a time, when we must set aside our differences. Do you understand this?”

“Yes, I do. I accept this.”

“I will always be watching you, Aralynn. Even in death, I will lend you the strength of my soul. I will lend you hope. But the darkness is always there… Beware, the shadows… Wake up, Cerberus, awaken…”

“Miss? Excuse me, miss?”

“What…?” the woman replied groggily, her eyelids fluttering open. “Where…”

“The doctor will see you now,” the nurse’s gentle voice reminding Aralynn that she was in a hospital. “This way, please.”

Rising steadily from her seat, Aralynn followed the nurse’s bobbing figure through a brightly lit corridor. She nearly had to shield her icy sapphire eyes from the light before stepping into a dimly lit room.

“Thank you,” a man nodded to the nurse, his white coat fluttering from the draft that flowed through the open window. “Good to see you again, Aralynn.”

“Hello, doctor,” she greeted him with a small smile before taking a seat.

“Well then, it seems like I am to patch up some nasty gashes of yours, again,” the doctor smiled, his American accent clashing with the woman’s soft British accent. “If you could, roll your sleeves up.”

Complying with his orders, Aralynn waited patiently as he examined the fresh wounds that laced her flesh. He nodded and murmured under his breath before pacing across the room to a shelf lined with bottles of every shape and size. His fingers seized an antiseptic wash from the assortment of containers before returning to her, a cotton ball in hand.

“This shouldn’t sting anymore, we’ve been through this too many times,” he grinned, dabbing her wounds with the moist cotton.

“It doesn’t matter,” Aralynn grimaced slightly, the alcohol sending a searing pain through her nerves. “I should look into buying padding for my arms as well… I dislike it when I am caught off guard, and without proper gear on…”

“It won’t really matter,” the doctor replied, bandaging her arms with tenderness. “This city is infested with every sort of thing one could possibly imagine.”

“Which makes me wonder, doctor,” Aralynn fixed him with curious gaze. “Why is it you leave your window open…”

“Fresh air, it can be stifling in here, and not to mention,” the doctor smiled, moving towards the window. “It’s not nearly dark enough outside…”

“You should be very cautious, doctor,” Aralynn murmured, leaving a warning in her wake as she stalked from the hospital.

As soon as the woman stepped outside, the fresh scent of rain wafted towards her. Her eyes cast towards the darkening heavens, a smile played across her delicate visage. Droplets pummeled from the sky, creating sheets of rain that fell in odd rhythms. Drawing her cloak tighter about her agile physique, Aralynn waded through the puddles that decorated the vacant streets. Odd… she thought, brushing a lock of auburn hair from her eyes. It’s never empty like this.

Warily, Aralynn meandered through the streets towards an ebony mare. Her moist coat glistened in the flickering streetlights that cast a pool of pale yellow light about the mare. Intelligent hazel eyes greeted Aralynn as the woman gently pat the horse. Her slender fingers untied the bridle from the cold pole.

“Hey, girl,” Aralynn murmured affectionately towards Seraphim, the mare whickered a response. “I promise to never bring you out to the city again in this weather.”

Mounting the horse in a fluid movement, Aralynn took a cautious glance about her before nudging Seraphim into a quick trot. If there had been passersby tonight, they would cast an inquisitive glance towards the woman. Horses, nowadays, were rather rare. The usual automobile that easily pushed past 100 miles per hour replaced them. However, Aralynn knew that Seraphim, though slower than modern vehicles, was dependable. The horse had never left Aralynn’s side, unless instructed to do so. However, Aralynn also owned a sleek, ebony motorcycle.

Garner would never have approved of modern day items, and that was proved from the grand house that he had left for his niece. Everything within seemed to date back to the early 1700’s. Candles were used in place of modern day lighting, though Aralynn did manage to install a few light fixtures to put her more at ease. She enjoyed that though, and realized that certain outdated items often lost their respect.

A brisk gallop delivered the duo away from the city, and into the more sparsely populated areas on the outskirts. Here, open fields stretched between neighbors. Aralynn enjoyed that though, solitude often being her most favorite companion. The rain grew stronger though, and the woman eyed her looming manor. Home was so close…
Supergirl

Post by RileyKenobi »

Kael's growl rumbled in her throat as she sat down, plucking a small dark blue volum from the shelf directly to the left of the chair and opened it to the center pages, focusing her pale blue eyes on the spidery text. Her eyes flickered back and forth as she read slowly. The rain was already beginning to dry from her hair and clothes, only her skin stayed damp, retaining its icy texture Kael had come to accept with resentment.

The female's nostrils twitched suddenly, and she bared her teeth in disgust, still reading from the volume in her slender hands. A young man, looking about twenty in human years stood next to her chair, watching Kael read with an amused smile.

"You take the path of the elders, Kael," he said silkily. "Words on parchment in place of the thrill of death and destruction. Always resentment, blood sister."

Kael kept reading. "You reek of human females, Androth. They permeate my senses. It's disgusting," she replied acidly. "And what's more I know exactly why you are drenched in such a putrid stench," she spat. "That is your eternal turn-off, my friend."

"But it will always be my eternal pleasure, dear Kael," Adroth replied. Though Kael would never admit it to him, she could see and hear why the silly human girls fell so quickly to Androth's age-old charm. Eternally damned? Androth had never seen it that way.

Kael closed the book and slipped it back in between its thicker companions. She looked up at Androth. His smooth ivory face was framed by shorter, wavy brown hair, and deep hazel eyes stared out from the depths of his visage. Yes, the human girls did fall quickly. It was understandable. So did many of the clan, but they would never regret their dealings with Androth. Like he said, eternal pleasure.

"You've been out in the rain again," he commented as she stood up and walked with him to an upper balcony of the underground mansion.

"Where else is there to go on nights like this?" she retorted. Androth laughed. "Nowhere but here, NightAngel."

His name for her had grown on, and never had it crossed his lips to another. Variations of course, but never the original. It was reserved for his eternal companion, as much as she resented him, and he her in so many ways. It was a love/hate relationship, as it was with most vampires. Love had been lost with their mortality, or they had forsaken it. Lust had replaced the purity of love and caring. Lust, blood, and thrill were the basis of the nocturnal life, at least for the majority of the Vampire families. The pair looked down as snarling and growling broke out below. The younger clan members were always fighting.

Two young males, one blonde and the other crimson-haired, circled each other, spitting insults of the most foul tongues. One tackled the other and tumbled off in another direction, quickly separating with high-pitched yelps as they were separated by older members of the clan. Elders held no tolerance for scuffling, even when the argument was legitimate.

"Our life is wasted on the likes of them," said Androth appraisingly.

"Life?" said Kael. "There is no life here, Androth. Only death."
Stop blowing holes in my ship!
100% Ninja

Post by GideonDuthuras »

In the small hamlet few people were going about their business. It was night, and night meant great dangers to the citizens of Aliover, he came at night. Many of the town elders spent their nights locked in their bedrooms, various trinkets hanging on their bedposts in an attempt to keep the creature at bay. No one knew if these truely worked or not, because the creature had taken his victims without struggle, the men and women...and children, had simply vanished.

Still there were a few who dared to walk the street, they were normally the young men, having been raised with the legend and having felt somewhat immortal for not being taken yet. They knew the monster, they weren't some foolish tourist, a prime target for him. As it was tonight, at this moment, no one was on the street, but had they been, they might have been more terrified then those who sat in the tavern, or those snapped awake from their dreams. As several of the older women fainted when it first happened, one out on the street might have well died on the spot. For those on the street would have had no wall to dampen them, the screams, the unearthly howls.

The Beast was roaring.

On his balcony overlooking the town Hugo Abendroth let loose another scream of rage. Listening to it echo through the air and eventully, fade out. Hugo had gotten rather accustomed to getting his way over the last century, and was quickly angered when he didn't.

It wasn't that he hadn't found anything on the body of the would-be killer, he would have felt better if that had been the case. As it was a servant had brought him a scrap of paper they'd found on the man's clothing. It was a short typed message.

"Aliover
Abendroth
Must be removed."

This was clear proof that someone wanted him dead. The question was who. Who knew his Christian name in this time and place? He needed to sit and think about this for awhile.

Hugo turned around and walked back into his mansion. He glanced at the servant who'd brought him the message.

"Leave."

The servant scurried forward. "My Lord, may I have a reward for bringing you this information?"

Without warning Abendroth's hand flashed, striking the servant on the face. Blood started to run down the servant's nose, which his tounge lapped up as soon as it was in reach.

"Thank you Sire...thank you."

"Get out of my sight. If you find anything else important, I'll be in my library."
The law and justice are two entirely different matters.
I was born with a six-gun in my hand, behind a gun I'll make my final stand.