Halo/SW Crossover

Unrelated stories that take place in a setting besides Star Wars...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

David_Winters
Foxtrot

Halo/SW Crossover

Post by David_Winters » Fri Jul 25, 2003 8:23 pm

ooc: Dare I try this again?

ic:
Patriot's Arrow
0300 hours 10.23.2552 Military Calender
High orbit over uncharted planet

It had been swift. It had been calculated. It had been ruthless. And in a matter of months, the horrifying efficiency of the alien fellowship known simply as the Covenant had wiped out countless human colony world's, killing billions of innocent people and soldiers alike. Captain Jacob Lars rubbed a weary hand over his face. He blinked twice, watching the images that appeared on the view screens in front of him.
"How long since we reverted to real space?" he asked the helmsman.
Ensign Stephen Bragg was quick to reply. "Only fifteen minutes, sir."
"That's too long. If the Covenant had followed us, they would've been here by now." He observed. There were some sighs of relief around the bridge, but no one said anything.
"Sir, the MAC cannon was damage during the escape. Unless we set down and start to repair immediately, I won't be able to operate it." The weapons officer said from his console.
"Okay then. Ensign, what's the status on that planet over there?" Lars said pointing with his right hand at the large desert orb ahead. Then he noticed something strange about this alien system.
"There are...two suns..." he said, squinting as the two stars appeared over the desert horizon.
"I'm reading Earth-like gravity and atmosphere, albeit a little short on the moisture side of things, but hospitable, nonetheless." The sensor operator said reading from his data screen.
"Alright. Helmsman, bring us in on a reentry pattern, minimum safe distance."
"Aye, aye sir." the Ensign said starting to punch commands into his console.
"Tell the Tech Officers in CCs 1 and 2 to unthaw all secondary personnel."
"Aye aye, sir. Anything else?"
"Yes, proceed with operation INTROVERT."
"INTROVERT? sir?"
"Just do it."
"Aye aye."

Almost a kilometer and a half away, all the secondary personnel such as low pay grade Marines and crew members were awakening from their cryo sleep. But a special soldier was also wakening up. The sole survivor of the doomed SPARTAN-II project from the colony world of Reach. After escaping on the Pillar of Autumn during the siege of Reach, and fighting a desperate guerrila struggle on the ancient ring world of Halo, the Spartan known only by his rank of Master Chief had finally been assigned to the Patriot's Arrow after safely returning from Halo. The Patriot's Arrow as other human space craft were assigned to Halo-hunting duties to locate more of the ancient constructs and destroy them after the Chief described his nightmarish tale of conflict upon the ring. During a brief skirmish with the Covenant, the Patriot's Arrow had made a blind jump, appearing in this desolate system in unknown space.

Second Lieutenant Hammond was already up and ready, snapping his chin strap on his helmet together and hitting it to make sure it was on tight enough. He grabbed a nearby MA5B standard issue assault rifle, and a pistol and made sure he had plenty of ammunition for both. He was the XO of D Company, 33rd Marine Infantry Division stationed aboard the Patriot's Arrow. His immediate supieror, Major Walters was also in command of E and C companies by a personnel fluke and plain lack of officers aboard the vessel.

"Uh, sir, I'm picking up two new contacts entering the system." The sensor operator said looking at his console.
"Covenant?" the captain asked.
"Negative. They appear to be in the shape of wedges. The systems going beserk trying to read their system freqs. Hold on as I try to tweak it a bit, sir."
"Go ahead, but hurry. I don't want any new Covenant surprises pouncing on us."
"Aye, sir." The sensor operator began to type furiously. Five tense minutes later, he spoke up. "Got it! They appear to be what are called Star Destroyers."
Lars swore. That sounded Covenant, but these craft sure as hell didn't look Covenant.
"Affiliation?"
"Uh, I don't know if I'm reading this right, but it says, 'Galactic Empire'."
"Galactic Empire? That sounds kinda human," someone on the bridge noticed.
"Yes, but let's not take any chances. Ensign, bring us into the planet's atmosphere, you know the drill. Ready the Marines and get the Chief up here right away."
"Aye aye sir." came the disciplined reply from the bridge crew.

ooc: I know most of you won't like this, but no other Spartans other than the Chief. I might bring in more later, but not now. Sorry.[/b]
If you're going to do something, do it right. Or at least don't let the other side know you're cheating.

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde » Sat Jul 26, 2003 12:59 am

OOC: All the other SPARTANS are dead, they die at the end of the Fall of Reach. The Chief is the only survivor.
"Ol' Doc doesn't hide, he hibernates." -- Doc, Star Wars: The Old Republic

"What do you call it when you kill someone and take all their stuff?"
"Adventuring!" -- Tallis and Hawke, Dragon Age 2.

David_Winters
Foxtrot

Post by David_Winters » Sat Jul 26, 2003 4:55 am

ooc: Oh, but I know. I just like to toy with the idea of there being more on Earth. Why would they only train them on Reach? Unfortunately, chances are I'm wrong,but hey, I can dream right? :D
If you're going to do something, do it right. Or at least don't let the other side know you're cheating.

David_Winters
Foxtrot

Post by David_Winters » Mon Sep 22, 2003 3:33 pm

The two strange vessels approached ominously and the crew of the Patriot's Arrow looked at Captain Lars for answers.
"Any luck on communications?" Lars asked, not turning to look at the sensors operator.
"Negative, sir, just static. The communications gear on boards apparentlly can't hook up with theirs."
"I see..."
The wedges then split up, one heading for the starboard side of the Arrow while the other took the port. There was a burst of static on the communications relay.
"What was that?" someone on the bridge asked.
"Something from the Star Destroyers..." the sensors operator said, punching in some commands for his console.
"Here we go!"
There was another burst of static as a male voice suddenly spoke out over the link.
"-eapons. I repeat, unknown vessel, power down your weapons and prepare to be boarded."
There was a brief moment of silence on the bridge before Captain Lars spoke up.
"Power down? Tell them are weapons are disarmed."
"Aye sir."
The operator relayed the message through the now open communications link and heard the voice reply.
"Prepare to be boarded immediately."
"Just do it. As long as we don't tick them off, we may be able to get through this..."
"Sir! This must be some Covenant trick! Something to get us off guard!" a worried Ensign yelled out.
"Stow it, now! We dont' know who they are, but they can't fake a human voice that perfectly. Just open the hangar bays, and get D and E companies out there to greet our new arrivals.
"...aye, sir."

Warleader
Lord of War

Post by Warleader » Wed Sep 24, 2003 5:41 pm

OOC: I thought they said something about training humans on Earth in FoR.

BTW I really hope you don't plan on getting into a fight with those two SDs David, they'll kick even a heavy cruiser's ass. That and your guys should notice the ships are huge.
The quickest way to end a war is to lose it.

David_Winters
Foxtrot

Post by David_Winters » Thu Sep 25, 2003 3:02 am

ooc: I don't plan on fighting them. Nobody's that stupid, even the people from Halo can see that, though, the ships from the UNSC are huge too. The Haylcon-class that was the Pillar of Autumn was a good 1.5 maybe two kilometers long. And it was the smallest of small.
The UNSC people shall meet with the Imperials. We'll leave the fighting to the Covenant and the Star Destroyers, eh? 8)

Warleader
Lord of War

Post by Warleader » Thu Sep 25, 2003 5:41 pm

OOC: Heh, the impies might like to capture rather then play :P

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde » Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:39 pm

OOC: If it takes two MAC gun shots to waste the shields then puncture the hull on a Covenant ship then I don't see how it won't do the same on an Imperial ship. And if you've got one of those MAC guns that fires three rounds one right after the other like the Pillar of Autumn then I really don't think even a Star Destroyer would survive that. Granted the Imps have the advantage of numbers right now (2 to 1, right?), your ship should still be able to dish out a lot of damage to them. Just waste their shields with a shot from your MAC Cannon and time your Archer missiles to hit the outer hull just as the shields go down. Then charge up another MAC shot and finish the job. :P And even though Terran ships lack shields (for now) they can still take a beating.

Edit:

Ooh! Ooh! Just remembered something... Don't forget about your tactical nukes! :P Oh, and don't forget about the Covenant's ability to hack into any ship's main computer. I think they can also control them, but I'm not too sure about that (maybe they're just getting close to being able to control them or something... I remember reading something about that). Not to mention the fact that Covenant ships are damned near indestructible. You can punch a hole straight through one and it'd still be 100% operational, not sure if you could say the same for a Star Destroyer.

Warleader
Lord of War

Post by Warleader » Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:14 pm

Covenant and SW does use the same technology, similar yes, but the same no...

And actually the Pillar of Autimn's MAC gun wasn't nearly as powerful as a normal MAC which is why it could fire much faster.

Nukes don't do much againest SW ships becuase in reality Proton Torpedoes are actually mini nuke warheads. powerful yes, enough to completely take out an ISD nope. and even the EMP wouldn't do that much as SW ships are built to resist the effects of ion cannons.

Also the cannons take a while to charge up, as do Covenant weapons, turbolasers don't take long at all, and theres a hell of a lot more. Also after the first shot the Imps will learn just to hit the MAC bullets with the tractor beam. That and theres a hell of a lot more weapons on an ISD then on a Terran ship, and the terren ships have to point at their target too.

Arkol

Post by Arkol » Fri Sep 26, 2003 1:58 pm

Not to mention Terran ships don't have that large of a compliment of fighters.

ChissWarrior
Chiss Knight

Post by ChissWarrior » Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:34 pm

ooc: UNSC ships were that big? from fall of reach I though that the biggest was about 30 meters...... o well Mr. "Chief" get ready to meet laser cannon. lol
ic:
"What in the name of sith is that type of ship?" said one junior troops. "They don't look like any type of ship I have seen before, and were are the weapons? Those little bumps look like missile pods, but what's that big thin on the belly?"
"That's a magnetic accelerator, my uncle had one in the shipyard he worked at. But that looks some what like the one Mark 1s, there are much betters ones out there, and cheaper too." called out a trooper from Kuat.
"Cut the chatter men, we are on a mission here." said their command, Colonel Kit Motti, a relative of the late Admiral Motti, leader of the fleet Vader commanded at Hoth before Vader but him to death. Kit had been lucky to still be alive because of that.
Still Kit thought to him self, they were right what the in the name of Vader is it? Never seen a rebel ship like that before he thought. Even if it was, it was too late for it, if it tried anything now, the two Imperial Star Destroyers here would blast it. The seven incoming dropships had over 325 troops in them, so they could hold off if they had too.
When the dropships landed in their docking bay, some troops look around in surprise, at the odd, weak looking fighters, and the old fashion weapons the troops were holding.
As the stormtroopers filed out, they kept their weapons trained on the others, as did other troops, who were humans.
"What type of weapons do they have?" said the same rookie as before over a comm channel.
"Slugthrowers, those look pretty good old too, look they have female troops, they must be the rebels." answered the trooper from Kuat again.
When all the troops where out, they faced down each other for a minute before Kit stood forward.
As soon as he did, a squad of men trained their weapons on him.
"It's got to be the Covenant! KILL THEM!" screamed out a troop and he reached for his rifle tracking Kit. He almost go that shot off to, but a stun shoot from a stormtrooper took him down first. The other guys look scared but will to fight now to the death.
"Covenant?????" was just about what every trooper was saying.
"Sounds alien" was the second most thing said.
Before the 2 forces would fight, Kit stood up and took off his helmet, showing he was indeed human.
"My name is Colonel Kit Motti, who are you, who is your commander, and you all are under Imperial Arrest."
Then out of the corner of his eye he saw a man coming, well he thought it was a man, he had on armor that looked like the kind used in ancient times, but at the same time it look very powerful, much stronger then stormtrooper armor.
"And you would be......"
"Plans identify events. People make them happen."
-Richard S. Sloma

Warleader
Lord of War

Post by Warleader » Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:17 pm

OOC: 30 meters...lol thats the size of a gunship, but I thought the bigest was like 900 meters

ChissWarrior
Chiss Knight

Post by ChissWarrior » Fri Sep 26, 2003 6:11 pm

ooc:well the gunship igous or whatever was only 7meters long, and it said somthing like is being like a big ship for the UNSC
"Plans identify events. People make them happen."
-Richard S. Sloma

Warleader
Lord of War

Post by Warleader » Fri Sep 26, 2003 6:22 pm

OOC: thats smaller then an X-wing, a meter is about 3.2 feet

David_Winters
Foxtrot

Post by David_Winters » Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:11 am

The Chief stepped forward, approaching the strange human with almost familiar looking armor.
Could it be...
The Chief shook the though out of his head and stopped. He was a good foot and a half taller than the strange human becuase of his physical augmentation and armor. The interloper craned his neck upwards.
"And you would be..."
The Chief was holding his MA5B assault rifle, but apparenlty these troopers weren't much afraid of him. In fact, they seemed rather curious.
"SPARTAN-117," The noncom said nonchalantly. He looked over and saw one of the stunned Marines getting dragged away to a sick bay.
"What have you done to him?" He asked more for his own information than making a threat.
There was some hesitance and then a reply. "I...only stunned him."
The armored head swiveled back around to look down at the odd man. The Chief gripped the handle of the MA5B tighter.
"Who are you? And how do you have this type of weaponry?"
A large group of Marines, with Second Lieutenant Hammond leading the pack.
"The Captain is coming," Hammond whispered so low, that only the Chief's augmented helmet mics could pick it up. He simply nodded.

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde » Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:27 pm

OOC: That's the one thing I don't like about Star Wars... No matter what Sci-Fi you try to match it up with it always seems like Star Wars' tech comes out on top. Star Wars ships seem so ungodly powerful that it's impossible for me to be immersed in the Star Wars universe because their tech is so unrealistic. That's what I like most about Battletech, their technology is much more believable and the physics behind it seem much more realistic. None of this tractor beams can stop any moving projectile and/or ship no matter what speed their moving at crap. The only possible way to stop something moving at that speed in a frictionless environment is to create a field around the object in which the friction is equal to the speed it's traveling at (I.E. a gravity well). I'm no physics expert, but it seems to me that it would require a helluva lot of energy to do that, not to mention all the energy it takes to power the ship's weapons. Even though Btech ship's have fusion reactors and ample cooling devices built-in they still can't constantly fire their weapons because it builds up too much heat. All that heat would eventually cause the ship's reactor to overload, but a Star Destroyer can fire some 75 or so turbolasers, some 50 or so ion cannons and some 20 or so tractor beams all at once and keep sustaining it for god knows how long and not even have to worry about heat build-up at all. And lets not even mention the amount of energy it must take to enter hyperspace. Btech ships absorb the energy they need for "jumps" through a solar sail pointed at the system's star because the Fusion reactor couldn't possibly create the amount of energy needed on it's own, and this process often takes days, even weeks... My question is, just where in the hell do Star Wars' ships get all that energy from?! No offense, but IMHO Star Wars' tech is full of crap. Again, I don't mean any offense, that's just the way I see it. ;)

Edit:

I know it seems like I'm bitter, but it was frustrating trying to do a Btech/SW crossover and having some damned Imperial ship turn its tractor beams on my already fired gauss rounds and missiles stopping them dead in their tracks before they even hit their target. Now that is just pure BS, plain and simple...

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde » Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:55 pm

OOC: I'm really sorry about all the OOC, I just get so frustrated every time I see Star Wars beat out yet another sci-fi... My advice would be to just do a pure Halo thread instead of a crossover. It would save you from the many headaches yet to come, trust me... ;)