The Prodigal Son Returns

For discussion not directly related to Role Playing.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

The Prodigal Son Returns

Post by Gamaliel »

Howdy. Long time no see.

So here's the deal. Frustrated with my cell phone freezing up whenever I went online with it (from all the IMs I'd get at one time) and the lack of an internet connection in my house, I took the liberty of cutting a hole in the sheetrock of my new house and ripping a coaxial cable out. Once split and tied onto a modem, I hooked my computer up and voila, temporary internet access. (Bless my parents for activating our cable service months beforehand)

It was this very house that's at fault for my absenses. I had to spend much time packing, which, when combined with my school work, was a recipe for no-time-to-roleplay. Then we moved in, and the electricians neglected to hook the RJ-45 (ethernet cables) in our rooms to the Linksys router in the basement. And because my parents are so busy around this time of the year (my dad's an accountant and priest; Tax Season plus Easter all in one fell swoop this year) we never called the electrician back to fix it.

So I will use this connection until everything's fixed. When that happens, I may be off for a day or two, but that's the absolute maximum. Nothing like the prolongued, two-month absenses I've been having for the better half of a year. So I'm back, ready to roll up my sleeves and delve back into the mess of the New Republic. It's time to get the ship in order, except this time, it's my fault its out of place. I'm real sorry about that guys. Please forgive me.

In the mean time, I need a lot of help catching up. Please try to IM me if you think you can help get me up to speed on the MBT situation. Thanks.

-Gamaliel
Queen of the Damned

Post by PrincessTabetha/BlackHunt »

*Walks up behind gam Kicks him off the table then mails him to Abu Dabi*

:evil: :P :D

Welcome back Gam you have been needed. The polticans are running amuck!!! j/k

*Sees Nich and Mace dancing in the backgorund*
Tabetha/Hunt
I got out of the bed today.
Swear to god couldn't see my face. I got out of the bed today starin at a a ghost.
Who forgot to float away didn't have all that much to say couldn't even tell his own name or where my body goes.
-Winter Sleep Weighty Ghost
It's an animal thing
Riddick
I'd rather be hunting

Post by Bizzy »

Welcome to Abu Dabi. You are now the box next to the box next tot he other box. Enjoy. :D
A deer's antlers are like a penis. Grows an inch every year.
Resident Football Player

Post by CmdrWedgeAntillies »

Gam welcome back.

And the best way to welcome you back is to warn you that you're going to be hard at work changing things on the galactic map for the next...oh I dunno, month and a half?

With the GE attacking the NR and the ISA going after the Isis Empie, and all the other hell thats happening, the map's gonna be changing drastically and often.

*shrugs*

Welcome back.

*hands Gam his honorary 'Welcome Back' card and heads onto the Museum of Biel to see the Holy Rubber Chicken*
That which does not kill me only makes me stronger.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

You ripped a coaxial cable out from a hole in your wall!? Wow, I should try poking some holes in my walls and see if I can find one too! :mrgreen:
"Ol' Doc doesn't hide, he hibernates." -- Doc, Star Wars: The Old Republic

"What do you call it when you kill someone and take all their stuff?"
"Adventuring!" -- Tallis and Hawke, Dragon Age 2.

Post by Gamaliel »

It helps to have seen your house being built and knowing where the cables are in the walls from before they sheetrocked, too, Pryde. :D
Resident Football Player

Post by CmdrWedgeAntillies »

*hands Pryde a sledge*

Enjoy.
That which does not kill me only makes me stronger.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein
Pryngles

Post by Pryde »

Woohoo, a sledge! ... Oh, I'm sure I'll find one eventually, it's just a matter of time. ;)
"Ol' Doc doesn't hide, he hibernates." -- Doc, Star Wars: The Old Republic

"What do you call it when you kill someone and take all their stuff?"
"Adventuring!" -- Tallis and Hawke, Dragon Age 2.

Post by Tuskan_Jedi »

Hey there, Gam!

Good to hear you are back.

Lots going on; I'll try to catch you on IM and see if I can bring you up to speed on a few things.
Devil Duck

Post by Darth_Kuangduk »

Welcome back, Gam. You're a little late, I'm afraid, a senator by the name of Proudmoore took your position as Prime Minister and I'm not sure he'll be wanting to give you your job back. On other fronts, the NR is suffering from major internal as well as external issues. I'll let other people explain that to ya. Good luck, and may the force be with you. ;)
"Ah, my lord, is that... legal?"
"I will make it legal."
Lord Defender

Post by coronhorn »

I think Proudmoore quit all together Mark... but I could be wrong...
-David W aka Coronhorn... A ghost of Exodus past...
The Lost Holocron
El Kamino

Post by JediKamSolusar »

Welcome back, Gam! About time...I was reviving the Senate. :P

We all miss you in ISD. :D
"Son, if you develop piloting skills in proportion to your nerves, someday they'll call you the greatest pilot of all time."
-Colonel Gavin Darklighter, Rogue Squadron
The Adminerator

Post by Jagtai »

Finally! Maybe you can knock some sense into Nichalus, Mace and Vox!

Welcome back, btw ;)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." - Bilbo Baggins
From madness comes wisdom, and from wisdom comes power.
"I'm convinced you're secretly a British Spy" - Mir

My characters
Lord of the Knights who say Nee

Post by PrinceKirin »

Finally! Praise the Lord! Gam has returned!
"Yeah, and I stole an ISD. Doesn't mean you should. I am the lunitic around here." LT. CMDR. KIRIN A. TSUKINO
----------------------------------------
"What? Where in God's vast galaxy are you going to find a man crazy enough to even attempt to jump a moon into hyperspa.....where do I sign?"

FORGE ATOSURYUA, Promethian Engineering Guild, department of hyperspacial physics and temporal studies
Wise-Ass

Post by ValynDyral »

Gam missed the whole pirate craze...

Post by TrevetOlivaw »

This is the awesomest most cool news I've heard in a long long time.

Since Tilden is back, Olivaw or a representative of NRI needs to meet with him, by the way.
I'm a Medic, Jim, not a Moderator!

Post by JolaEdana »

Hey Gam. Guess who else is back? ;)
Lord of War

Post by Warleader »

Moi...
The quickest way to end a war is to lose it.
Man of Many Faces

Post by corsos »

Gam....

With the NR, may the force be with you.

But if you have some time hit me on IM and ill let you know info about the Galactic Map that needs to be changed.

Thanks.

C.
"The goal of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the other bastard die for his." General George S. Patton

:emperor:

Post by PrinceKirin »

Gam, the NR needs your leadership.

Edit: :mrgreen: This is my 1100th post! Woot! :mrgreen:
Last edited by PrinceKirin on Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Yeah, and I stole an ISD. Doesn't mean you should. I am the lunitic around here." LT. CMDR. KIRIN A. TSUKINO
"What? Where in God's vast galaxy are you going to find a man crazy enough to even attempt to jump a moon into hyperspa.....where do I sign?"

FORGE ATOSURYUA, Promethian Engineering Guild, department of hyperspacial physics and temporal studies
Lord of War

Post by Warleader »

Or the iron hoof of the Bovine Empire....perhaps both.
The quickest way to end a war is to lose it.
I'd rather be hunting

Post by Bizzy »

Gam, the NR needs leadership. Period. :P :D
A deer's antlers are like a penis. Grows an inch every year.

Post by CEO Raith Sienar »

Agreed Gam and Proudmoore's position was stated at the get go as temporary until Gam could return now that he's returned Gam can take back his position. :)

Gam to give you a breif run down all Senate members have now been transfered off of Justice and are now on Talus. They're getting ready to utilize an old University there for the base of the Senate. Mon Cal's officially back in the New Republic as well and Red Dagger and Command Fleet are about to go on the defensive
“I’m sitting on my ass before a legend. I guess the reports of your death have been greatly mistaken.”

Jerec Ordin speaking to Nich Dreadstar

Post by PrinceKirin »

From what I can tell, its a big crisis. Better move fast or the empire will blitz-creig (sp) enough to devide the NR into two halves ... or worse.

Vox
Adenn Mirshko

Post by Vox »

*braces himself for the IC pissing war between Damus and Trev's NRI character...*