First Order and the New Republic

For discussion not directly related to Role Playing.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

First Order and the New Republic

Post by Red Dragon »

So with all the information that trickles through, Its really seeming like the NR is so weak on so many fronts that it really is likely to simply not exist thanks to star killer base. Not only that but the first order seems to have a fleet large enough to take on the galaxy, especially now that they effectively wiped out the NR.

I know I haven't been around much but, I want to hear what you guys have to say about all this. How will this affect your stories? For me, I feel like I'll have to rethink what I started, because with the context that cannon is giving us... (As far as i understand it.) Mine dosn't fit very well, at least with where I wanted to take it.
"This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode."
--Serenity
Pryngles

Re: First Order and the New Republic

Post by Pryde »

Currently we're set 2 years before Starkiller Base destroys the Hosnian System where most of the Republic fleet was based, apparently. >< Basically, whatever happens in The Last Jedi or The Force Awakens really has no bearing on where we are right now. If we decide to we can have Starkiller Base blow up the Hosnian System, if we decide not to then our galaxy will look very different from theirs.
"Ol' Doc doesn't hide, he hibernates." -- Doc, Star Wars: The Old Republic

"What do you call it when you kill someone and take all their stuff?"
"Adventuring!" -- Tallis and Hawke, Dragon Age 2.
Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Red Dragon wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:26 pm How will this affect your stories? For me, I feel like I'll have to rethink what I started, because with the context that cannon is giving us...
Deeply.
Everyone knows "Pops and Junior = #Ratings"
Everyone knows "Cazzik and Mir = #Wynning"
#Valkob4Life

Post by Red Dragon »

i like the look of the Vakbear-class cargo frigate. Nebulon C is nice too. Finally get to see "newer" ships that were used by the NR till they were mothballed or what ever... MC-85, I accept this. Looks a lot like the Viscount class which I didn't like the look of very much but this "version" of it I kinda like.
"This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode."
--Serenity

Post by GanninSpeys »

Red Dragon wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:49 pm i like the look of the Vakbear-class cargo frigate. Nebulon C is nice too. Finally get to see "newer" ships that were used by the NR till they were mothballed or what ever... MC-85, I accept this. Looks a lot like the Viscount class which I didn't like the look of very much but this "version" of it I kinda like.
Definitely agree with this. The "newer" look gives a unique twist in it.