My how the time has flown!

For discussion not directly related to Role Playing.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

PrinceKirin
Lord of the Knights who say Nee

My how the time has flown!

Post by PrinceKirin » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:31 pm

It feels like forever since Ive been around, but a decade feels like forever in most circumstances. Ive had so many things happen and was simply swept away with life. For a long time Ive felt the need to write but there was never time. Since the last time I can remember logging in, Ive had three daughters, been a portrait photographer, a hospital corpsman in the US Navy, a cardiovascular technician and am recently returned to university to chase an old dream of becoming an astrophysicist.

I was drawn back here by the least likely of things I could think of. In a writing class I was asked to write a short essay on something someone did that helped develop my literacy. I selected an incident from back in '03 or '04 where good ol'e Vox helped me straighten out my writing style. My description of Exodus lead my professor to ask me to due my second project paper, one on discourse communities, on what I remembered from Exodus then. I honestly hadn't thought about these boards in many years and decided to see if they were still up.

I couldn't have been more pleased. Not only did I see names I know and remember well, such as Jag, Tabetha, Cadden, and others, but my log in still works. Lets ignore the impossible chances of me remembering a password so old.

I am entirely motivated to start writing here again! Of course as my class and work schedule permit. I'm just glad to be home.

I guess Ive years of catch up reading to do here too. Any recommendations?

Also what is with the Zeta Board version?
"Yeah, and I stole an ISD. Doesn't mean you should. I am the lunitic around here." LT. CMDR. KIRIN A. TSUKINO
----------------------------------------
"What? Where in God's vast galaxy are you going to find a man crazy enough to even attempt to jump a moon into hyperspa.....where do I sign?"

FORGE ATOSURYUA, Promethian Engineering Guild, department of hyperspacial physics and temporal studies

Pryde
Pryngles

Re: My how the time has flown!

Post by Pryde » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:41 pm

Don't know about the Zeta board thing but technically you only have about three weeks to catch up on. That's about how long ago we opened our new main board timeline. It's set 2 years before TFA or 28 years after RotJ.
"Ol' Doc doesn't hide, he hibernates." -- Doc, Star Wars: The Old Republic

"What do you call it when you kill someone and take all their stuff?"
"Adventuring!" -- Tallis and Hawke, Dragon Age 2.

Cadden
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:06 pm

He's probably referring to Ghost's attempt to "upgrade" the boards from phpBB.

If the new canon isn't your thing, you should be able to get mostly up to speed through the main timeline on the wiki. It wouldn't take much to fill in the gaps.
You have a right to remain silent... I hope to God you use it.
Xanamiar wrote:Cadden is a comical genius.

PhantomFury

Post by PhantomFury » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:54 pm

From what I have read, it seemed that you are a returning RPer, and I feel obliged, as the newest member to the group, to welcome you back!

Jagtai
The Adminerator

Post by Jagtai » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:47 pm

Good to see you again, Kirin :) Long time no see.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." - Bilbo Baggins
From madness comes wisdom, and from wisdom comes power.
"I'm convinced you're secretly a British Spy" - Mir

My characters

Nichalus

Post by Nichalus » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:53 am

Welcome Back K. In the immortal words of Corsos "they always come back." :)
:obiwan: The 'Old Man' of the Exodus

EFFL Champion (2013-2016) First Two-Time Exodus Champion

VagueDurin
His Vagueness… Vaguer… or El Vaguerino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Post by VagueDurin » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:59 am

Nichalus wrote:Welcome Back K. In the immortal words of Corsos "they always come back." :)
Great to see you back!
:fett:
"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." - C. S. Lewis

"And for one last instance, I'm Human again." - Sergeant Ghost

coronhorn
Lord Defender

Post by coronhorn » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:57 pm

Sadly they don't always come back... but mostly they do eventually... for short spurts... then they leave again for a bit... usually...

wonders off to ponder on whether he wants to reboot Devon in the new timeline
-David W aka Coronhorn... A ghost of Exodus past...
The Lost Holocron