Reboot - Proposal

For discussion not directly related to Role Playing.

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Nichalus

Reboot - Proposal

Post by Nichalus » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:52 pm

This is a 'proposal' only. I have placed it here for discussion on additions and/or changes that you all would like to see, or put in...or if you all like it as is. We'll have this discussion for a bit, make additions/changes based on their merits and the general majority of thoughts.

This isn't here to start arguments anew about personal beliefs of things that we have no clue on just yet. We are learning more all the time.

STATE OF THE GALAXY

It is 2 Years Pre-TFA, and the New Republic is still bringing several systems back into its fold, while they are under a armistice agreement which imposes strict disarmament and punishing reparations on the remaining Imperials. Many of the remaining Imperials have secretly established the First Order in the Galactic North and are expanding into the Unknown Regions and are beginning their efforts to retake what they had lost.

The Last Jedi Master Luke Skywalker has been gone and not heard from for decades after his attempt to train a new generation of Jedi Knights was destroyed when Kylo Ren and his Knights of Ren reportedly slaughtered all the trainees at the Jedi Academy. All attempts to locate Master Skywalker have been failures.

Here in the Exodus Galaxy, many new individuals are beginning their first steps into the larger picture of the new Galaxy of Star Wars.

While the Jedi Order has been destroyed, their are still a few individuals that are retired Jedi Knights that quit, or were exiled by, the Jedi Order for reasons of their own that live quietly around the galaxy.

Further still their are a few individuals around the Galaxy that have grown up, some with the same capabilities of a Jedi Knight, that can use the Force, but are untrained, and completely ignorant of the abilities that they possess. Some are thought of as Priests or those that have been gifted with these abilities, while some are outcasts to their own homeworld because the people fear them and their abilities.

The Exiled/Retired Jedi would know that the Knights of Ren will be searching for them if they expose themselves to much, while those that are the Untrained/Unknown would begin to 'sense' that there is something out there searching for them, but they would not know who or why.

RULES FOR THE NEW MBT GALAXY

Members are allowed to have 2 Jedi/Force User Characters. These characters are limited for the time being to be more in line with the new canon presented in Episode VII The Force Awakens...for the time being. As we learn more from official books/movies this guideline will/could change.

Jedi/Force User characters will be limited in powers to that of a Jedi Knight.

There will be NO Jedi Masters at this time. Luke Skywalker is the only known Jedi Master. As we learn more, this will/could change.

Members are to refrain from using Canon Characters (Luke, Leia, Han, Rey, Finn, Kylo, etc...) unless they are used for character development such as messages from, brief meetings, etc.

For those members that wish to create their own worlds or governments, this is of course welcome...BUT...these governments cannot amass huge armadas are ships and can never be equal to either the New Republic or First Order. The object of this forum is not to write stories of a 'possessive' nature or amass powerful objects (Death Stars, Starkillers, Fleets of SSDs, Huge Galactic Empires, etc..). We are here to write fun and adventurous stories set within the Star Wars Universe as we know it. If Galactic Domination is your cup of tea, then there are other forums on the site that do not have any restrictions, and you are free to write whatever your heart desires on them. The MBT is the 'only' forum on this site where things that happen could effect other members stories.

Canon Worlds, and any 'Legend' Canon Worlds, and their Armed Forces, Governments, Major Canon Races and Factions (Bothans, Chiss, Mandolorians, Black Sun, etc..) Major Corporations 'cannot' be destroyed, overtaken, or ruled/owned by any member of this site. No member of this forum has the right to dictate what other members can do with these races and/or factions. With that said, those members that wish to write or create an original Corporation, Military Squadron/Group aboard a Canon Government's ship, may do so. Ownership of large fleets (hundreds of military ships) is also forbidden. Members can be Captains/Commodores/Group Leaders of small battle groups and/or Squadrons, but there will be no SSDs, or massive ships of this scale until we have more information on these types of ships. Again, the object of the MBT is story over possession of these massive ships/companies/worlds. This isn't a sim.

Large fleets should only be used as a 'setting' or a backdrop to your stories. We are NOT here to amass huge fleets, or wealth, or worlds. We are not here to lord over other members with these types of acquisitions, and force them to change their stories because you have a bigger stick than they do.

Custom races/species, planets and possibly ships are totally fine so long as said species and/or ships are not completely overpowered or ridiculous or custom planets don't turn into government simulators with people trying to control resources or build fleets for conquest purposes.

For the purpose of making sure that our stories do not infringe on other members stories, and that the MBT does not curve too far out of line with how the new Canon is playing out, we will still use a Story Coordinator, which I propose to be Mir. The Story Coordinator is here to keep a sense of 'direction' and continuity for the MBT. They are 'not' here to stifle your stories, but they do have 'some' control to make sure that your stories do not effect the MBT in a drastic way that could substantially alter the Star Wars Universe, and possibly other members stories currently, or even sometime in the future.

For example, if you create a world where your story is set, and in the end you're going to blow it up. Have fun. If however, you are planning on Corellia on being the setting for your story with its destruction at the end...that would be a no. While you can have your setting on a Canon world, your story cannot influence/effect their government, or radically change it from its current status.

Now in the past we have had MBT 'Events', where everyone gets together to be a part of some sweeping story where we have altered the normal Canon timeline with our own flavor. These types of events need to be first brought to the community at large. Just a basic plot, players, and just a basic outcome. These types of events need to be approved by the majority of the 'active' community, because usually we are altering the canon in some way.

If a conflict concerning a story cannot be resolved between the story's creators and the Story Coordinators, then a Moderator will gather all the information concerning the problem and will take said information, and offer a compromise and/or be the final decision maker of the issue. It is hoped that it will never reach this point, and it really never should. But once the Moderator has made their decision it will be final, and any further discussion/arguments will be met with Warnings.
:obiwan: The 'Old Man' of the Exodus

EFFL Champion (2013-2016) First Two-Time Exodus Champion

Shaggy
The Rev.

Re: Reboot - Proposal

Post by Shaggy » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:02 pm

me likey
“This is one of the miracles of love: It gives a power of seeing through its own enchantments and yet not being disenchanted.”
-C.S. Lewis
"But generally, Shaggy is right." - Jagtai
Daer'Gunn Wiki

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:34 am

My only qualm is with the number of Forcers allowed. I'm okay with having a restriction of 2 Ex-Jedi characters. But I think the number of Force-Users/sensitives/whatever shouldn't be limited. However, the limit to their skill should be that of a Jedi Knight. I differentiate skill from power. Skill is the ability to wield the power. I have no issues with someone being as powerful as an Esran Croft, Kormoron, Kalja, Lil Sivtie, etc. But their ability to tap into that power should be limited, at best to that of a Jedi Knight, and even then it should be rare cases of that high level of control.

Also, as long as everyone understands that the timeframe for readjustment of the number of Ex-Jedi Knights is the next Main Trilogy movie (So not Rogue One, but Episode 8 ), then I'm happy.

Last but not least, I'm okay with not being the Story Coordinator. I will say that I'm highly available (8675309) and I'm willing to talk things through to find a happy medium for everyone to live in. But, if people want a different choice, that's fine by me. I stand for Democracy, amongst other things:

Mir stands for Truth, Justice, Democracy, Peyton Manning, People with severe childhood emotional trauma who decide to become the greatest hero in the history of the world, the New York Yankees, and the Denver Broncos.

Case in point: Mir met a Texans fan last night at the bar. Mir did not make him feel bad about signing that disloyal Brosweiler. (Maybe Mir did, but you have no proof).
Everyone knows "Pops and Junior = #Ratings"
Everyone knows "Cazzik and Mir = #Wynning"
#Valkob4Life

Your Reigning, Defending EFL Champion
2x EFL Champion (2014, 2017)

Nichalus

Post by Nichalus » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:07 am

The whole limiting of Force User/Sensitive, which are really one and the same according to the Wookiepedia, is that we don't need masses of suddenly strong Force Users 'at the beginning' or the reboot.

Let's really start fresh with this reboot. Really flesh out our new characters. By the time XIII comes out, I'm fairly certain that we'll find out more about the state of the Force Users in the galaxy.

Cadden
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:18 am

Cadden Blackthorne is not pleased with being unable to rule/"own" the Mandalorians in this canon. :fett:
You have a right to remain silent... I hope to God you use it.
Xanamiar wrote:Cadden is a comical genius.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:22 am

Nichalus wrote:The whole limiting of Force User/Sensitive, which are really one and the same according to the Wookiepedia, is that we don't need masses of suddenly strong Force Users 'at the beginning' or the reboot.

Let's really start fresh with this reboot. Really flesh out our new characters. By the time XIII comes out, I'm fairly certain that we'll find out more about the state of the Force Users in the galaxy.
I only quoted both to cover all bases when it comes to defining them. I guess I only feel this way because I have/had 3 planned Force sensitives, one of which was an Ex-Jedi Knight. Though with my overall speed of posting, and when the Ex-Jedi knight was supposed to happen, it might very well be December 2018 when that person gets introduced.

Ultimately if a majority likes it, then I'm fine with it as well.
#Valkob4Life

Nichalus

Post by Nichalus » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:28 am

Cadden wrote:Cadden Blackthorne is not pleased with being unable to rule/"own" the Mandalorians in this canon. :fett:
No one is saying that you can't have your own Clan, and rule over them. But no one should have the 'One Ring' to rule them all. (See what I did there?) *smirk*

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:40 am

I'm with Mir, I'm not too keen on the limiting of Force Sensitives. Limiting ex-Jedi, sure, but Force Sensitives? I only have plans for one Force user right now but I planned on reintroducing the Sinclairs who are all Force Sensitive but have zero training and are unaware of their ability to tap into that power. So would they still count? If we're just going to limit Force Sensitives with training then sure, I can get behind that.
"Ol' Doc doesn't hide, he hibernates." -- Doc, Star Wars: The Old Republic

"What do you call it when you kill someone and take all their stuff?"
"Adventuring!" -- Tallis and Hawke, Dragon Age 2.

Cadden
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:01 am

So, what you're saying is if I reestablish the"Mandalorian Protectors" in the new canon, I can still do that and run the centralized Mandalorian entity, much like current MBT, but, as an example, I cannot extend it as the sole entity for all things Mandalorian?

Nichalus

Post by Nichalus » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:18 am

Cadden wrote:So, what you're saying is if I reestablish the"Mandalorian Protectors" in the new canon, I can still do that and run the centralized Mandalorian entity, much like current MBT, but, as an example, I cannot extend it as the sole entity for all things Mandalorian?
I'm saying that you can run your own Clan, but you cannot rule over the entirety of the Mandalorian race/Clans.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:31 am

Cadden wrote:So, what you're saying is if I reestablish the"Mandalorian Protectors" in the new canon, I can still do that and run the centralized Mandalorian entity, much like current MBT, but, as an example, I cannot extend it as the sole entity for all things Mandalorian?
There is virtually no difference between that phrase and:

"ruled/owned by any member of this site."

By virtue of running the "centralized" Mandalorian entity, you would, stated plainly, be in control and have direct oversight over Mandalorian worlds and civilization. If you're going to reestablish and control the Mandalorian Protectors, who enforce the rule of the Mand'alor, then from an IC perspective, yes, no one is RPing the centralized leader, but from an OOC perspective, since you control the Protectors outright and determine what they do, say, and act, you are, in essence, Mand'alor.

What the proposal is saying is that you could have something like House Viszla, but you could not do what you are asking, in reestablishing the Mandalorian Protectors and running the centralized Mandalorian entity.

Doing that would be, the "sole entity" for all things Mandalorian.

To equivocate into NR terms, you can write a senator. You can write a senate committee. You can write a whole bunch of senators who are a powerful political party. But you cannot write the political party that has majority control over the senate and whose party leader is the Chief of State, Minister of State, or any command and control position of the NR.
#Valkob4Life

Nichalus

Post by Nichalus » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:36 am

What Mir said in his legalese speak. My way is just a lot shorter.

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:36 am

I also have a question about the canon worlds thing. Obviously taking over the government is bad. What about senators of canon worlds? Say someone wants to role play a politician and do a story on the political disarray of the New Republic.

Nichalus

Post by Nichalus » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:39 am

Mir answered that one Pryde
To equivocate into NR terms, you can write a senator. You can write a senate committee. You can write a whole bunch of senators who are a powerful political party. But you cannot write the political party that has majority control over the senate and whose party leader is the Chief of State, Minister of State, or any command and control position of the NR.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:43 am

Nichalus wrote:What Mir said in his legalese speak. My way is just a lot shorter.
Your way also doesn't actually explain things. ;)
#Valkob4Life

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:45 am

Yeah, he posted at the same time I did and I only now just read what he wrote.

Cadden
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:51 am

There is actually a difference in my statements, Mir.

I use the term "centralized" for the lack of a better term, really. The Mandos of EU canon follow who they feel ought to be their leader. (Kind of the whole point in the current events, really.) So I use "centralized" loosely. That's not to prevent others, such as the Death Watch or True Mandalorians, or New Mandalorians, or whatever, to rise up as well. Or another faction somewhere across the galaxy.

I use EU, here, because it's important to note that the aim would be to bring in a smaller version of the current Mandalorian Protectors (far more akin to EU's than to ours) into the new canon.

My aim is for Cadden to vye for the position of Mand'alor. Something we see in current canon as not being universally recognized by all Mandalorians as their undisputed ruler type. (Case-in-point with Sathine and the New Mandalorians.)

My understanding, therefore, under this new proposal is I'll no longer be able to do that. Nor anyone else. Is that correct?

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:04 am

Nichalus wrote: Canon Worlds[...]cannot be [...] ruled/owned by any member of this site.
Should Cadden become Mandalor, even if he's not fully recognized or believed in or whatever by a supermajority of the Mandalorians, would he be in control of at least one Canon Mandalorian world?

If yes?

Then no, you can't do it.

Also, explain to me the differences you're going to make between the current canon and the original canon? Because you're citing to both as controlling authorities here and that doesn't make sense unless I can understand what's going to be the Exodus canon, so to speak.
#Valkob4Life

Cadden
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:24 am

They won't be like the Exodus Mandalorians. It'll be closer to EU Mandalorians, where they're a bunch of mercenaries that are united in purpose, but, from what I can gather, the Protectors never laid claim to Mandalore as a whole. Exodus kind of deviated from that because we ran with what we knew at the time and incorporated the best we could afterwards. But I don't think Boba nor the Protectors ever laid any personal claim to Mandalore or any other planets.

So, no, I won't be staking claim to Mandalore. It will be Cadden rallying clans together to unify them in purpose of protecting what's left of the Mandalorians. I'd like for him to claim the title of Mand'alor, but that doesn't necessarily have to go, the more I'm looking at this and letting it evolve. The primary focus is the Protectors and their purpose, and the unification of various clans under that purpose.

Matter of fact, the more I'm thinking through this, the more I see room for good opportunity otherwise. Maybe. Something I'd need to look at outside the constraints of my phone.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:31 am

I'm not referring, specifically, to one planet. But any of the Mandalorian planets.

As soon as you start "rallying clans together to unify them", you're assuming control over them. Since the clans/houses control the planets, and you control the clans/houses, you control the planets.

I went to the canon wookieepedia page: Mandalorian clan structure was like a pyramid, with the ruler or Mand'alor[17][18] at the top and the Protectors enforcing their rule. Below them were the political factions known as Houses, made up of family Clans.[19]

If you unify the clans, then Cadden is Mand'alor. If you control the Protectors, this goes back to my original point. There is no difference.

Thus, under my interpretation of the proposal (which is what this would be having to pass or surmount, so to speak) what you're asking would not be possible.
#Valkob4Life

Cadden
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:47 am

The pyramid structure is under the new canon, as of the Clone Wars era I believe. In some Wook articles, it states the Empire nearly wiped out the Mandalorians (or something to that effect) during the civil war. The EU Protectors were their own Mandalorian entity, and didn't fall under this pyramid scheme. Hence why I'm stressing it would be similar to EU's Protectors, not to the new canon's.

EU's Protectors didn't personally stake ownership over any Mandalorian territories. Wook's article even shows that Mandalore itself, where they were headquartered, never fell under their rulership.

I'll need to work the details out a bit on the whole thing, though, because my understanding is that the Mandalorians are considered "endangered" by now, which essentially means it would be operating on a clean slate from what was known up through the civil war. I came up with an incredibly rough draft idea of what I'd like to see, but after reading it over I see there's quite a bit of work to be done on it, first, before I can even consider pitching it.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:54 am

Cadden wrote:The pyramid structure is under the new canon, as of the Clone Wars era I believe. In some Wook articles, it states the Empire nearly wiped out the Mandalorians (or something to that effect) during the civil war. The EU Protectors were their own Mandalorian entity, and didn't fall under this pyramid scheme. Hence why I'm stressing it would be similar to EU's Protectors, not to the new canon's.
That part I can understand.

But you're also talking about unifying the clans and the houses. If the "endangered" moniker is not going to be happening, then I'm not sure I can agree with this, because clans and the houses would control the planets.

Furthermore, you'd be under a strict guidance that the clans/houses/protectors/Mand'alor could never actually conquer and control any previously Mandalorian controlled planet. Because then you'd be controlling a canon planet.

Further still, you'd never be able to be considered as reuniting all of the Mandalorians, it would have to be less than 50% and you'd have no ability to stop someone else from doing something similar and calling one of their characters "Mand'alor".

The above would hold true even if the "endangered" moniker does exist and over time/writing, you overcome it and reestablish them as not "endangered"
#Valkob4Life

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:57 am

The problem with unifying the clans is say House Vizla is one of the houses you convince to join you. Someone else comes along later and makes a Mandalorian character from House Vizla. Well, House Vizla supports Cadden, does that mean this new person also has to support Cadden? The obvious answer is no they don't have to, but there's still that pressure there where they might feel like they do and that's what we're trying to avoid. We don't want people to feel like they need to play by someone else's rules. Obviously, we still want them to play by the community's rules but the community saying, "No, you can't do that," is different from Joe Schmoe who claims to own the majority political faction of the Republic saying, "No, you can't do that."

Cadden
Mand'alor

Post by Cadden » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:03 am

There's certainly nothing to stop others from going away from the "ebb and flow." But, honestly, at this juncture I'd just rather drop it, so... consider it dropped.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:07 am

I'll be making a thread/post to explain my mentality and my methodology of interpretation when it comes to the rules/guidelines. Meaning that in the future, everyone will be aware of what is the best way to frame something to get me to agree with it in an expeditious timeframe.

Since it appears no one wants me to not be story coordinator.

srsly ppl. don't make mir do this. don't tell nich you read this, he can't read past a certain small font size
#Valkob4Life

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:14 am

Well, I'd volunteer but my role has already been determined as moderator. We could nix the story coordinator altogether and just have the mods act in that role if no one else wishes to. It's just to maintain story coherence and to make sure we're all moving in the same direction.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:25 am

I was kidding, more to give Nich a hard time. I happily serve at the discretion and will of the people.

Though if he did throw in that concession I asked for that allows me to spam text him without him complaining I'd be happy. Not that I'm going to do it more frequently than I unintentionally do now, I just want to know he can't get pissy with me about it.
#Valkob4Life

Vox
Adenn Mirshko

Post by Vox » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:55 pm

For the record I think the proposal is great and with some tweaks it should suit us just fine. I'll have my suggestions up tomorrow. I wanted to throw in my support though.

zephre
Forgeticus!!

Post by zephre » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:03 pm

Great Proposal!

Starlight
Daughter of Epona

Post by Starlight » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:33 am

Thumbs up from me
My horse's feet are as swift as rolling thunder,
He carries me away from all my fears;
And when the world threatens to fall asunder,
His mane is there to wipe away my tears.
~Bonnie Lewis

Archangel
Centurio

Post by Archangel » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:27 am

I initially balked at the "2 sensitives only" rule, too, for what it's worth. Does it rule out having a canon-sourced Forcer like, say, a Knight of Ren? Or are those ruled out entirely on account of insufficient source material? I dunno. I had at least 3-4 ideas for Force sensitives, and none of them Jedi.

Regarding owning canon planets, I can see the point of the rule, but I prefer using canon planets to made-up planets as a general principle. I mean, depending on how we define "canon", I can't even resurrect the Kuras Tetrarchy, because Kuras IV is EU canon.

Pryde
Pryngles

Post by Pryde » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:05 am

Technically speaking the EU isn't canon anymore but that does raise an interesting question. To which canon does that, "No canon planets can be owned," rule apply? Are we going with Star Wars canon in general regardless of source material or strictly Disney canon? Mir, some legalese, please. :P

But seriously, though. Until we put it in I don't think any EU planets, organizations or events even exist in this new galaxy. So basically, if Kuras IV is not already in Disney Canon then strictly speaking it's not canon. At least, that's my opinion but if someone else wants to chime in...

Also, in regards to the Knights of Ren, we don't actually know how many there are so I don't see a problem with being a Knight of Ren or being from the Knights of Ren. Do be aware that according to Pablo Hidalgo not all of the Knights of Ren are Force Sensitive. (Though, I don't know if I'd trust half the stuff this guy says since most of his tweets appear to be trolling... >.> )

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:31 am

The way I've interpretated that is no Exodus canon planets can be controlled defined as planets that were or are part of any previous official canon that are now part of the overall Exodus canon.

As an example:
Muir controls Ogriand, a non-canon planet. That's fine. But assume Muir controlled Thyferra. I would not be able to do that in the future, as Thyferra, while not official Disney canon, was canon under the former EU so if we bring it in, it should be treated as canon.

Balmorra would be another example.
#Valkob4Life

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:32 am

A KoR member would count towards the 2, Arch. Provided there is force sensitivity.
#Valkob4Life

Jagtai
The Adminerator

Post by Jagtai » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:59 pm

I like the proposal. A few points, though:

1) I think limiting the number of Forcers to 2 per person should be temporary only, although the rule of having to develop the character through roleplay shouldn't be. I know I'd eventually want more than 2 Forcers.

2) Maybe we should allow control of (relatively) insignificant EU planets, as long as other players are not restricted from using those planets in their stories.

For instance, if Archangel resurrected the Kuras Tetrarchy, roleplaying the leadership, other players would still be able to visit (and likely stir up trouble) without needing permission from Archangel, because they were still not allowed to change the major institutions.

Naturally, no-one should be allowed to do this to "major" worlds like Corellia, Thyferra and any others you consider "major", but no-one really cares if Archangel is running Kuras IV.

I'm sure more will come as I think about it.

Nichalus

Post by Nichalus » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:35 am

Here's my final thoughts about the limited of Jedi/Force Users. The current status of these folks are 'myths', as Han Solo stated in TFA. By having us start with alot of them deflates the uniqueness of them at this point in time. It's been literally decades since Luke disappeared after the destruction of the Jedi Academy. So naturally there just isn't a whole lot of people running around waving their lightsabers in the general populated areas of the galaxy.

And I agree with Jag in his first point...not the one of top of his head...that this limitation most likely will be lifted after we know more as new books and movies come out. The Jedi are a major draw to this universe, and for them to not have any, or only one, would be a huge mistake on the franchise's part.

Having this limitation, for the time being, allows us to have a very 'unique' character at this age of the SW Universe. To have a whole lot of them all at once destroys that uniqueness.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:27 am

Nichalus wrote:It's been literally decades since Luke disappeared after the destruction of the Jedi Academy. So naturally there just isn't a whole lot of people running around waving their lightsabers in the general populated areas of the galaxy.
I don't think it's been decades.

We're going to be 28 years after RTJ. I don't think that Kylo was supposed to have done that massacre until he was at least a teenager. Assuming he was born 1 year after RTJ, that least 27 years. Assuming he was 13 (The number that works in your favor the best), that would make Luke having gone in hiding for 14 years. And if Kylo was 19 (Which is the more likely number on the spectrum, since I really don't think that R2 could be in low power mode with nobody giving him some electricity for that long), it's 8 years.

That's not that much amount of time.
#Valkob4Life

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:29 am

Jagtai wrote: 2) Maybe we should allow control of (relatively) insignificant EU planets, as long as other players are not restricted from using those planets in their stories.

For instance, if Archangel resurrected the Kuras Tetrarchy, roleplaying the leadership, other players would still be able to visit (and likely stir up trouble) without needing permission from Archangel, because they were still not allowed to change the major institutions.

Naturally, no-one should be allowed to do this to "major" worlds like Corellia, Thyferra and any others you consider "major", but no-one really cares if Archangel is running Kuras IV.
Essentially, that's how the old Mir Board Timeline was set up. I'm not unopposed to it.
#Valkob4Life

Nichalus

Post by Nichalus » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:20 am

Mir wrote:
Nichalus wrote:It's been literally decades since Luke disappeared after the destruction of the Jedi Academy. So naturally there just isn't a whole lot of people running around waving their lightsabers in the general populated areas of the galaxy.
I don't think it's been decades.

We're going to be 28 years after RTJ. I don't think that Kylo was supposed to have done that massacre until he was at least a teenager. Assuming he was born 1 year after RTJ, that least 27 years. Assuming he was 13 (The number that works in your favor the best), that would make Luke having gone in hiding for 14 years. And if Kylo was 19 (Which is the more likely number on the spectrum, since I really don't think that R2 could be in low power mode with nobody giving him some electricity for that long), it's 8 years.

That's not that much amount of time.
While my thinking on the time may be wrong, when taken from the following POV, I'm actually right.

The fact that there were no other Jedi, or significant Force Users, at the time as far back as a New Hope. There was Ben, Vader, Luke, Yoda, Palpatine...and Leia to some extent. Other than them, and with the fact that the EU is kaput, we don't know what the status of the Jedi/Force Users were.

Hell, we can also go as far back as Episode III Revenge of the Sith that Force Users were severely cut down by Order 66, since the EU has been stricken from the records, which also plays into my thinking that 30 years after Order 66 the Force Users were still severely limited to Ben and Yoda, and they were living in seclusion and isolated from the public (which plays into limited Force Users by the time of TFA).

With the EU blasted like a TIE Fighter with Green Squadron on its ass, it can be shown that this is the reason that from Episode III to Episode VII, the only 'known' Jedi/Force Users in a approximately 65 (30ish years between III and IV, 3 years between IV and V, appox 1 year between V and VI, and 30 years between VI and VII) year span are Ben, Yoda, Vader, Palpatine, Luke, Kylo, Snokes (though he hasn't shown any Force abilities, it is assumed he is) and Leia (technically, she hasn't shown much in the way of the Force other than hearing Luke, sensing things). Let further assume that 'some' of the Knights of Ren are Force Users...speculation and rumor have stated that not all of them are Force Users.

So, with 'what we know', that means that in that 65ish year span, there are only approximately 10 to 15 known and active Force Users. Hence why I am for limiting the Force User Population 'for the time being'. They are a 'unique' breed of character, hence Han's statement that Luke's abilities and others like him were "...a myth.", in the Galaxy at this time, and they should be represented as such until we know more, and then we can open it up to more then.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:08 am

Were the trainees at Luke's academy unknown? We don't know how Luke spread the message when he went around recruiting them. We also don't know how much support the NR gave to this endeavor. We also don't know the over all number of them.
#Valkob4Life